Date: June 23 2013 4:16 AM Title: Chapter 1
I just joined GW yesterday after a long time lurking so I can finally give reviews to the great stories I've read so far.
Without a doubt, Nova Force is my favourite story on this site. It really appeals to me being into sci-fi as well. The universe you created is very interesting, how Neco's an humans treat each other as equal species, which is the main element where you can create these wonderful interactions and relationships. Even covering working relationships, diplomatic and military connections, casual friendships and of course the romances. Bravo. This is a fantastic for my mind to wander around in and follow the escapades and hearthships of your characters.
As almost anyone I hate to give negative aspects in my review, but I have a few... let me get these out of the way quick before I start my raving about what I do like very much about Nova Force.
- The plot leaves some things unexplained. (Another reviewer pointed this out, sorry to repeat this.) It is understandable that Kikata and Richard are just a single Nova Guard team in a vast military alliance and only the top military officers get the handle all intelligence concerning the motivations of The New Order. Maybe there could have been just a chapter or a couple of paragraphs that is completely narrative in explaining what is going on in the universe outside of the main characters adventures.
- There seems to be an overuse of the verb "shrugging". :) A lot of times the characters are presented with an akward or shocking situation... and they shrug it of and go on avoiding conflict to express their honest opinion about the situation. This I found sometimes weird and the story seemed to be propelled too fast into the next situation and scenes. (Okay, I'm nitpicking here but I only do so because I think this story is very good and must go to anal about my critique.)
- I am not into breast expansion. This is a matter of personal taste and of course no fault of yours. Those where the only patches in this story that where speedbumps for me as the entire story I read through like I was in a rocket car on a salt lake. ;)
- Of course we all, the readers, were anticipating the whole story when Kikata and Richard finally get togheter. It was nice that confessed their love for each other while Richard was in her helmet. Very romantic. But to have them rush to having intercourse in the bathroom of the Nova Guard ship immediately after the rescue... I don't know... I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm into this fetisch and especially insertion with consent, but to me Kikata and Richard are more than that. They are a great couple I care much about as a fan of this story. And they are about friendship and love. The fact that they are togheter is more important to me than the urgent need to have them consume their relationship. "All you need is love." :D :p (Of course the sexual scene with Kira in this story was awesome... but to the contrast: that was lust, not love.)
Okay, with this out of the way... now on to the amazing elements I cherish in your story.
I may have strange criteria for this qualifying as my favourite story here on GW.
I read this a couple of weeks ago before I was a member. I read it all the way through back to back. It was a long read but I enjoyed every paragraph of it and I regretted the story had to come to an end eventually.
There are two scenes of this story that for some reason I kept replaying in my mind after I read it (the whole story that is). Which means you did a really great job as a writer captivating me into the story. These are the scenes:
- After Kikata breaks up with her fiancee and goes to pick up Richard from Kira's appartment when she walks out with him. She is still pissed off and a little sad about her break up. She asks sarcasticly: "How was your girlfriend?" And Richard just sat their in her palm confused and simply states: "she broke up with me." I don't imagine he was sad or hearth broke at all, since Kira was just a casual sex partner to him, but I can see him being dumbfounded processing what just happened. While it was not a dramatic experience for him... and Kikata who is carrying him had emotions of her break up running through her mind which was probably very devastating for her. I don't know why this scene keeps replaying in my mind. It's not even an important scene. But it was a point where the characters really came to life for me. I could empathize with both Kikata and Richard and I can vividly play that scene in my mind.
- The other scene that is almost imprinted in my mind is after Richard left and is in the gym on a treadmill. This scene is so well written by you. Very emotional and a bit melancholic. Kira kept talking to Kikata, and she tries to ignore her by looking over to Privya and Fisc. Great how that ended up in making up her mind for going after Richard. :) This a very beautiful moment to me, how Kikata says "I'm not letting go." Yeah, I'm a sucker for a love story.
And of course the story is full with great scenes perfectly written down. The goodbye between Kikata and Richard, the action scenes,....
Thank you for sharing this story.
Now I am waiting for you to finish Nova Force 2. :)
Cheers, and keep up the good work.
(sorry for the long review, it's because I am really infatuated by Nova Force that I want to put my opinions forward. Also english isn't my first language as you would probably deduced by now, so if I don't make sense it's because of the language barrier. Or because I'm a bit out of my mind. Probably a bit of both. ;) )
Date: November 17 2012 4:31 AM Title: Chapter 51
Captivating story from the start. So much so that I practically starting making notes early on in preperation for the review, and due to my laziness, will be presented as such hah.
Excellent arguements supporting character beliefs, views and justifying actions.
Thrilling episodes, there's little I find more thrilling than some contagious blood thirsty zombies.
English isn't the official extraterrestrial language.
Fisc is a super cool guy.
Intense physical and emotional conflicts as well as complicated romance. Runo wasn't so much a bad kind of guy as he was the wrong kind of guy. I found this impactful because an antagonistic character does not always have to be a "bad" person, and I like that it's debatable who had really wronged who in the relationship.
Richard's hometown is in virginia, he's my homie.
Poor Will, bet he posted on fmylife.com after Ch30.
Crab's personality is epic.
Kikata deleting her messages to Richard in Ch43, god how I know that awkward feeling lol
The psychological aspect of chapter 39 felt off, considering that in a dream it's typical to either believe it's 100% figment of your imagination or 100% reality, it's hard to mentally convince someone that you're a small x% of reality within their dominating x% of imagination. It felt like there was a bit of a skip over the struggle and frustration Richard may have faced and the disbelief and denial of Kikata. I also imagined she'd have felt much more self-conscious, or coping with such, after accepting Richard's explanation, unless she really, REALLY had absolutely nothing to hide... Maybe it's just me, I have lots to hide... "Don't read that book! Put down that map! Don't you dare open that door!!" c:
It's very clear a lot of effort was put into this story and it's amazing! I'm surprised it doesn't have more attention and ashamed I didn't find it sooner!
Date: July 31 2011 1:04 AM Title: Chapter 51
Read whole story and can honestly say I wish their was more to it then this since it was so good :P
One of those few stories I read simply for the story and not exactly the fetish material.
Keep on writing, you do it good justice :)
Thanks ^^ I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it
Date: July 29 2011 1:25 PM Title: Chapter 1
well maybe in the description of the the people and places, but i mean there are little to no grammer problems or spelling. you would definately have to work out some of the loop holes with the plot, like you dont even really tell the goal of the new order and if so i got lost in that part. really though i would buy this book. let me just say i've had more fun with this story then i'm having with the first harry potter books
Date: July 29 2011 12:24 PM Title: Chapter 1
this is by far the best damn story i have read in a long time. screw the whole erotica stuff i mean thiss is at the level of the lord of the rings books. i rate it a ten on this but i would rate it a twenty. the only thing though about it is i can tell you started to get waerry of writing after chapter 35, but thats okay . if i were you i would print this out get a patent on the story and get this published.
Thanks :)....I'm sure it would need a ton of reworking to be published XD
Date: April 29 2011 6:15 PM Title: Chapter 1
i have to agree, this story would make a good anime movie slash tv show. I love it soo far even though it took me forever to read the latest ten chapters. your galeries for this on devantart.com are really good. I hope kikata or how ever you spell it, comes through okay...
Date: April 17 2011 2:02 AM Title: Chapter 45
This is by far my favorite story, if i knew how to make anime movies this would be tops
Thank you ^^...and I'm not very big into anime, but I have joked about trying to sell the story to an animation company XD
Date: April 12 2011 4:04 PM Title: Chapter 1
This has by far been my favourite story on this site.
It's so well thought up, imaginative, I actually care for the characters, I love the fact you never upload only 1 chapter, so I have a nice long read.
I really do hope you continue this story, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
Thanks ^^ I wont give away anything, but I am really glad you are enjoying the story. It means a lot that you said that it has been your favorite one.
Date: April 11 2011 8:17 PM Title: Chapter 1
Would love to see more of this epic series, maybe a bit more covering sm nova force richard and kikata and or her species in more sexual incounters, i.e insertion or some more soft vore interaction?
some more holodeck action with kikita and richard? that was pretty awesome, why did the ship officer have to interupt that , grrr lol.
thanks for all of the hard work thus far.
Thanks for teh response ^^ If you want you can follow me over at Deviant Art, this story now belongs to a whole universe that I made to host stories in...so there will be lots more of this sort of thing to come.
Date: March 24 2011 9:07 PM Title: Chapter 25
wow that was epic, lets see now we got a single necko and a single marine, a girl with uncontrolable brest growth, lots of liquir, hmmm i think someones gettin laid *cuagh caugh kikata caugh* lol no but realy its goin great so far
Author's Response: thanks ^^
Date: January 20 2011 9:44 PM Title: Chapter 1
Great story so far! I can't wait to see what happens as Kikata and Richard's relationship grows. I'm also curious to see how the plot plays out too. Wonder if they will make some new, interesting friends along the way. I wonder how in depth will this story get? 11 chapters in and I don't perceive an ending getting close (which is fine by me and I understand I could also be wrong.)
This story reminded me of a story I read a while ago in giantesscity. Has a giantess catgirl and even a lamia in it. Thought it might of also been written by you lol. Nice story, it is called Desert Tale by merc369, I recommend you read it up some time.
Author's Response: Hey thanks for the comment ^^ and that story sounds interesting.