Nova Force by Ginbug
Summary:

In the future, a Marine is paired with a giantess neko as an unlikely team. They travel through the universe in search of creatures in need..what was supposed to be a quiet 3 month wait for the Marine will soon turn into a conflict beyond their wildest dreams.


Categories: Giantess, Adventure, Crush, Feet, Gentle, Insertion, Mouth Play, Violent, Vore Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 51 Completed: Yes Word count: 114268 Read: 371788 Published: January 10 2011 Updated: July 29 2011
Story Notes:

You can find the story that sets up this universe here: http://ginbug.deviantart.com/gallery/27163542#

It is named War for Earth.

1. Chapter 1 by Ginbug

2. Chapter 2 by Ginbug

3. Chapter 3 by Ginbug

4. Chapter 4 by Ginbug

5. Chapter 5 by Ginbug

6. Chapter 6 by Ginbug

7. Chapter 7 by Ginbug

8. Chapter 8 by Ginbug

9. Chapter 9 by Ginbug

10. Chapter 10 by Ginbug

11. Chapter 11 by Ginbug

12. Chapter 12 by Ginbug

13. Chapter 13 by Ginbug

14. Chapter 14 by Ginbug

15. Chapter 15 by Ginbug

16. Chapter 16 by Ginbug

17. Chapter 17 by Ginbug

18. Chapter 18 by Ginbug

19. Chapter 19 by Ginbug

20. Chapter 20 by Ginbug

21. Chapter 21 by Ginbug

22. Chapter 22 by Ginbug

23. Chapter 23 by Ginbug

24. Chapter 24 by Ginbug

25. Chapter 25 by Ginbug

26. Chapter 26 by Ginbug

27. Chapter 27 by Ginbug

28. Chapter 28 by Ginbug

29. Chapter 29 by Ginbug

30. Chapter 30 by Ginbug

31. Chapter 31 by Ginbug

32. Chapter 32 by Ginbug

33. Chapter 33 by Ginbug

34. Chapter 34 by Ginbug

35. Chapter 35 by Ginbug

36. Chapter 36 by Ginbug

37. Chapter 37 by Ginbug

38. Chapter 38 by Ginbug

39. Chapter 39 by Ginbug

40. Chapter 40 by Ginbug

41. Chapter 41 by Ginbug

42. Chapter 42 by Ginbug

43. Chapter 43 by Ginbug

44. Chapter 44 by Ginbug

45. Chapter 45 by Ginbug

46. Chapter 46 by Ginbug

47. Chapter 47 by Ginbug

48. Chapter 48 by Ginbug

49. Chapter 49 by Ginbug

50. Chapter 50 by Ginbug

51. Chapter 51 by Ginbug

Chapter 1 by Ginbug
December 2, 2076 Earth Calendar
Planet DX-50067

"It looks like a snowball"

"It is a snowball"

"Not so much, it's more like a ball of ice"

"What's the difference?"

"Well, you have snow...and then you have ice" The man retorted with a smug grin. He turned back towards the window of the sleek starship, the shuttle starting to vibrate as it entered the atmosphere.

"Fucking scientists" The other muttered quietly leaning back into his seat, "So what do you say Rich, ready to stand around for another three days while these up-tights collect some rocks in tubes?"

Richard shook his head, "If that is where the United Nations thinks our skills are best fit"

"What is it they are are looking for again? Oxy-...Oxinated somethin'?"

Richard shrugged, "Who knows, alls I know is it's worth a lot of money, and everyone needs it apparently"

"Well maybe this time there will be something to shoot...think they got yeti's down there? Maybe bear?" He laughed.

The craft shook as it set down on the flat surface, they had landed in the midst of of a small science outpost. Richard and the few hired marines hopped out onto the hard ground, the ice covered surface had a near blue hue to it. They stood in a line, stocky rifles hanging idly from their shoulder as they watched the scientists bustle around the camp from behind dark gray visors. It was cold, colder than anywhere on Earth, but their protective clothing blocked most of it. This was the seventh time Richard has found himself standing around in some camp, it was about all the military did anymore. He sighed, watching the cloud of steam rise out through his face mask, briefly fogging the thin plastic window of his visor.

"This sucks..." His friend moaned leaning back against a large mobile lamp post. Suddenly a black streak zipped over head, "Uh-" A moment later a black cloud billowed up from within the camp site, a large crack shattering the silence of the icy landscape. The camp suddenly erupted into a confused panic, the four marines unsure what to do other than to try to pile the scientists back into the craft.

Richard fell back as the craft suddenly splintered in half, his ears filled with screaming explosions and the strange whiz of tiny projectiles zipping through the air. As he struggled to pull himself back to his feet he felt a large thump on the back of his helmet, he crashed back down onto his stomach, his head pounding and vision fading...what the hell just happened? His vision went black.

Silence...dead silence. Richard pressed down against the icy surface, groaning as he got to his knees. He stared down at his helmet, a large dent pushed in the thick metal in the back. He let it fall to the ground as he got to his feet, his knees weak. He wasn't sure how long he had been out, the camp was littered with bodies, and debris. He limped into one of the tents, all the power had been cut. It looked as if much of the equipment and crates had been removed. Perhaps the scientists had tried to escape with it, though it was more likely that it was stolen. He cursed under his breath as he turned back, the only possible means of escape had been torn to bits. He searched through the camp, happy enough to see that one of the personal tents was still in tact, he had just enough food to last a couple days. He huddled down in the ten square foot tent, eating the half frozen nutrient bars sparingly as he wondered what he was going to do. One of the scientists had triggered the emergency beacon, but they were pretty far out from another settlement, it could be weeks before their transmission is intercepted, and there was always the chance of signaling some less than friendly help.

The hours passed, the sun only barely visible through the hazy atmosphere, and it never truly set. He knew the planet was on a eight hour day.

December 3, 2076

Sixteen hours had passed, the cold was starting to seep through the nano-carbon skin of the tent. He had no flint, no fuel, fire was not an option. He had eaten sparingly, though his canteen had frozen over. He had been holding it under his jacket, hoping it might thaw out, only able to get small sips off of the frozen surface. He shivered slightly.

December 4, 2076

Hours passed...unsure. Richard had piled anything he could over his body in an attempt to keep the frigid air off his skin. His fingers had already started to ache from the cold, his feet following closely behind. His breaths were slow and shaky, the air of the tent slowly dropping to the outside temperature.

His eyes shot open, a loud thumping sound slowly droned from somewhere, at first he thought it was his heart thumping in his ears but it soon became clear that it was coming from outside. The thumps became louder, giving a slight shake to the earth. Wondering if this might be a rescue party he staggered to his feet, cringing as his fingers pulled at the frozen metal zipper. He stepped outside, trying to find the source of the noise, then he saw it.

Like a blue and white mountain a figure stood not far from the camp. Its metal surface glinting slightly in the hazed sunlight, its mechanical looking head scanning the ground. There was a loud groan as the machinelike humanoid lowered itself to its knees, Richard unsure if he should flee, but where would he go?

He estimated the machine was over two hundred feet tall, slightly taller than the furred creatures that had first encountered earth, he wondered if this was not a machine of their making? The smooth head seemed to focus on him, a glasslike wall leaning towards him. A loud and robotic sounding voice suddenly boomed down on him, the language it spoke was unfamiliar to him. The machine stared back down at him as if waiting for a response.

"What?"

"Human?" The machine then asked.

"Oh, Yeah" He called up, removing his face mask and goggles, the cold suddenly biting at his bare skin.
He stammered backwards as the glass like wall suddenly retracted. He was shocked to see that he was staring back into what looked like a human face, a female one, "Are you hurt?" Her voice had lost the robotic tone, it was soft...well relatively soft.

"No, just cold"

"Are there any others?"

"No"

She laid out her hand, he eyed her a little nervously. He noticed a tall pair of dark furred ears sticking up through her black hair, her eyes held a shade of golden yellow. As she talked she would occasionally reveal two slightly elongated canines. He had heard of these creatures before, though had never seen one in person. It was said that they too had combatted with the aliens that came to earth sixty some years prior. Though it was always unclear how peaceful they were, and what they thought of the tiny human race.

He reluctantly climbed up onto the smooth surface, the texture was remarkable. Nano-technologies made these flexible almost fabric like metals possible. Her armor was covered with it, mostly at the joints.

"I picked up the distress signal, I am under orders to retrieve any survivors" Her golden yellow eyes scanned the ground, "What happened?"

"I'm not sure entirely, my guess would be some pirates wanted what the science teams were after"

"Which was?"

"I'm not sure, they just pay me to stand there and try to keep that" He nodded behind him, "From happening"

"And you failed?"

"Clearly, there were only four of us"

She nodded, "Unfortunate. We need to get you out of the cold" She said as if reading off a prompt. Richards eyes widened as her mouth suddenly opened, her maw stretching taller and wider than himself !

"What?!" He screamed, "No!" He suddenly slid off her palm, falling the short distance back onto the icy ground. He ran, though was suddenly caught between two of her fingers, he grabbed hold of one of the sturdy lamp posts.

"Stop struggling!" She groaned, using her free hand to pull her helmet off, allowing her long black hair to fall freely over her armored shoulders.

"Hell no! You were going to eat me!" He retorted pulling his arm around the frozen metal pole.

"I was not going to eat you" She sighed, "It is imperative that you get out of the cold, there are no other places for me to hold you"

"Doesn't that fancy suit come with pockets?!" Richard yelled, continuing to pull back against her.

"Yes, but you would likely be crushed within them, this is the safest way!"

"You're tricking me! I'm not that dumb!"

"I am just following-"

"No! Just let me go, I'll wait for the next rescue team"

She sighed, "I am under orders to rescue any stranded persons, you are keeping me from doing my duty now comply! I do not want to hurt you" She pulled a little harder, his legs pinned between her fingers as she lifted him off the ground, but his arms remained wrapped around the lamp post.

"Jesus can't you just carry me to your ship or something?!"

"No, it will be a days walk from here, the ice was not sturdy enough to hold its weight so I had to set down far away! Stop being foolish"

Richard continued to hold on, he wasn't about to become a free snack to some demi-human. He suddenly looked back in horror, "W-What are you doing?!" He screamed as her lips suddenly slipped over his legs, "No! Get off! I'm not going-" He screamed as her tongue snaked forward, lapping at his arms. The warm wet liquid suddenly flowed over his arms, causing him to slip! He screamed her she finally managed to suck him inside of her mouth.

"Relax!" Her voice boomed around him, "I...am...not...eating you!" Her tongue wrestled to keep him still.

"Fine!" Richard finally gasped, lowered his legs away from the roof of her mouth. J

"Good" She sighed, her tongue now positioning him towards the back of her mouth.

"Hey...What are you doing?!" He screamed feeling his legs slip inside of her throat. He rolled back onto his stomach, kicking back against the back of her throat and grabbed hold of the tip of her tongue.

"Let go!"

"No!"

"I thought we just went over this" She groaned, her words slightly slurred as he held onto her tongue for dear life.

"Yeah, you said you weren't going to eat me!"

"I'm not!"

"You were just about to swallow me!"
"Yes? And?"

"That's eating me!"

"No"

"Uhh...Yeah it is!"

"No it is not"

"Yes, I'm pretty sure me going-" He strained to hold on as her tongue continued to writhe under him, curling back so he dangled within her mouth, "Into your stomach, is eating"

She flicked her tongue from side to side, his grip loosening, it was just too soft to hold on, and too wet. He screamed as he suddenly flung against her inner cheek. He felt the massive muscle scoop beneath him, pushing him finally into her throat. She tilted her head back and swallowed, sighing as the little figure finally squirmed his way down her throat.

"Eating you, would mean I intended on digesting you"

"Then what the fuck are you doing?!" He screamed as the tight throat muscles pulled him downwards head first.

"My stomach will not digest you while you are still alive, a person can last two days within my stomach without food or water, indefinitely with food and water. You will only be in there until I can get back into my ship, if you continue to struggle you may get hurt"

"I don't believe you"

"Well then I guess you will just have to wait and see" She said with a nod, pulling her helmet back over her head. She once again started walking out across the flat landscape.

Richard coughed as he flipped into the dark stomach, odd sounds surrounding him in the blackness. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small flashlight. He examined the wrinkled walls, shivering slightly as they rippled with a loud groan. Admittedly the warmth was welcomed, though he was still pretty certain that this monstrous neko was just out for a snack. He cursed under his breath as his side arm appeared to be rendered completely useless.

"So what is your name human?" The voice called from above.

Richard laughed, but responded, "Richard Bromwell"

"And you are a marine?"

"Yes"

"From the planet Earth?"

He rolled his eyes, where the hell else did humans come from, "Yes"
"I studied Earthen tactics in Nova Guard training"

"Oh, great"

"I was surprised how much they had accomplished with such primitive technologies"

"You don't say" He thought a moment, "So...what exactly is this Nova Guard?"

"We are a defensive branch of the Genro Empire on Teralist"

"Oh"

"We handle local solar systems only, mainly doing what I am doing now"

"Eating stranded marines?"

"I did not eat you!"

"As far as I'm concerned-"

"You are probably just delirious from being out in the elements"

"I hope so..." He mumbled, recoiling his arm as a sticky liquid flowed down over his shoulder.

"How long were you out there?"

"Uh, well we arrived the second, I'm not sure what today is, damn alien days"

"I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the Earth calendar"

"Well it's probably been two days"

"Oh, well then good thing I arrived when I did"

Richard sighed, leaning back against the fleshy warm wall, wishing he could have just been at home. Three years ago he joined up with the military, knowing that the chance of getting real combat missions was close to impossible. Generally big companies just paid to have an escort to new planets to look for new trade or raw materials. It was fun at first, almost like an adventure. But after the third or fourth trip he grew tired of flying around for months at a time, only to stand around and watch other people work. The boredom was unbearable, how he wished he could just be bored right now.
Chapter 2 by Ginbug
Kikata walked across the frozen white plain, idly following a the line that led along a small square map in the upper left hand portion of her visor. She had tried to search the marines name in a data base but got too many hits to sort through them all. She sighed, her legs growing a bit tired from all of the walking. She was a bit startled at the humans reaction to her techniques, she was trained early on in her search and rescue courses about how to handle smaller creatures in these sorts of environments. If done properly the stomach is the safest place for them to remain out of the cold, and out of harms way. Her pockets, which were more like capsules, would shake violently during movement and were often filled anyway. The only safer option would be a transport vehicle, which she did not have access too.

She eyed the blue ice beneath her feet, hoping that the frigid climate had formed a hard enough layer to prevent her from accidentally breaking through. She glanced down at her arm, admiring her new armor, this was her first day she got to wear it while on duty. She had been promoted to a fully fledged Guard, it was not high on the chain of command but she still felt it was an honor. She was considered responsible enough to take a ship out on solo missions, responding to distress signals without first having to report to any commanding officers.

She noted the blue section of the map giving way to a pure white, she was leaving the iced ocean. It would be another solid eight hours before she would reach her ship, she decided it was time to rest.

"Hello? Are you awake?" She called down.

"Was I supposed to sleep in here?!" She heard his muffled voice call back up.

"Oh, well, I am going to rest. I am sorry but I cannot let you out just yet. I have a pack of rations somewhere, would you like it?"

"Now you tell me?"

"Sorry, it slipped my mind"

"So, how long do I have to stay in here?"

"Another twelve hours I imagine" She said sifting through her pack which she had detached from her back. She finally found the square box and opened it, slipping out one of the thin plastic packets that contained some hard foods and water packets. She slipped it over her tongue and swallowed, sighing as she looked down at her own food, knowing that it would be unwise to eat while she had someone contained within her.

"Thanks" She heard his voice call back up again after a a minute.

Richard sighed, holding the large square plastic container in his hands, it seemed it held enough food and water for a larger group.

"Keep it away from any liquids inside of my stomach, the materials may break down before you are finished eating" He heard her voice boom around him, "I am laying down now" He heard her say before the stomach slowly tilted around him, he slid down the wall before it finally stopped moving.

"Thanks for the heads up" He called. He wasn't exactly happy, but it seemed her intentions were perhaps a little more pure than he expected. He was at least happy to get some water, and food. He ate ravenously until a large wet droplet fell directly inside of his food. He sighed, pushing the plastic container off his folded legs, watching as it slowly slid out into the darkness beyond the light of his flashlight. "Twelve hours..." He mused, how could he sit around inside of a stomach for twelve hours! He felt the stomach shift once again as the giant neko that surrounded him seemed to reposition herself. He flicked the light off, sighing as he tried to lean back, finally able to ignore the constant wetness that dripped around him. He too slowly drifted off to sleep.

Kikata awoke as a red light flashed in her eyes. She yawned, sitting up, thumbing the display with the controls that had been imbedded on her glove. The red light disappeared as she rose to her feet, giving a slight stretch. She had to flex her joints a bit which had frozen slightly during her four hour slumber. She found her bearings and started heading off towards her ship once again. She felt some squirming in her stomach, which seemed to groan and rumble as it was unable to digest the small load she carried.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just forgot where I was for a minute"

"Good, I am walking again now"

"Great" Richard sighed, he tried to get to his feet to stretch his aching joints but found the stomach a bit too saggy to stand for very long. He reluctantly leaned back into the wrinkled wall. He didn't see much use in turning the light back on, after all there wasn't very much to see.

The eight hours passed...slowly. Kikata was forced to endure seemingly endless white terrain, while Richard was still lost in the pitch black wetness within. Finally her blue and white craft came into view. Her ship looked similar to what many people would see as a sort of fighter jet, just on a much larger scale. Even to Kikata it was a large ship, it had enough space for the manual control cockpit, a relatively roomy living quarters that could sleep at least three or four neko comfortably, and a washroom. She nearly wanted to embrace her ship as she approached, syncing her personal hud display with the ships as she did. With a few flicks of her finger she opened the hatch, impatiently waiting for the ramp to descend to ground level.

"I am on board now" She called down as walked up the ramp, which began to rise automatically as she entered the larger living quarters.

"So...you are going to let me out?"

"Once we are outside the atmosphere I will work on that" She responded removing her helmet. She inserted it into its designated location on a tall case along one of the walls. She turned back towards the cockpit, leaving her armor on for now.

"Oh" Richard muttered...he had already been in here for what seemed like days, what was another fifteen minutes.

Kikata settled down into her seat, relaxing as a segmented chain wrapped itself down across her chest, clicking into the seat by her waist. Her hands flowed over the console without much thought, smiling as the engines started to hum lightly. She had been piloting for a few years now but it never really got old. Her dual joysticks flicked into her hands and with only a moments pause she was off, watching as the gray sky slowly darkened its way into the black of space. She sighed, setting the controls to automatic before climbing down from her seat and back into the wider living quarters. She set her pack down, rummaging through it for the small box again.

"So, am I coming out soon"

"Yes be patient"

"Alright, alright" Richard sighed.

Kikata pulled the box out, gathering from it a thin string, to a human it would be more like a rather thick rope. She let the rope unravel before grabbing one hand, chewing on her lip as she tried to piece it together in the knots she had been trained to tie for this situation.

"Hang on, I'm trying to prepare the rope"

"The rope?"

"Well you don't expect me to simply just throw you up? That would be disgusting, and dangerous"

"Well considering the situation" He laughed, not seeing how it could get worse...she swallowed him after all.

She continued to pinch the rope between her fingernails, she finally got the two knots that she was looking for. She walked into her small bathroom, positioning herself in front of the mirror as she now held the string over her mouth. She watched it dangle down over the surface of her tongue, sticking to the roof of her mouth when ever it got too close. She eventually got it down below her uvula, she closed her lips and swallowed. And swallowed again, and again.

She cursed in her native tongue and sighed, continuing her efforts.

"Something wrong?"

"I can't swallow it, hang on" She sighed, "Oh, got it" She said as she felt the rope suddenly tug in her fingers. She smiled slightly to herself as she swallowed repeatedly to keep it moving down towards her stomach. Her eyes widened as the rope slipped from her fingers. She dove her hand into her mouth, just able to pin the rope to the back of her tongue. She pulled it back out slightly, she didn't have much slack to work with.

"I got it" Richard called up, watching the rope suddenly emerge from the strange opening on the "ceiling" of her stomach. He took hold of the ropes slimy surface and hopped up onto the knot, "Alright, I'm on-" He was yanked upwards, he collided with the coiled flesh and fell back down with a groan. "Wait!" He yelled, "I fell..."

Kikata rolled her eyes, but stopped pulling, glad she didn't have to completely redo her work. She swallowed the rope back down and they tried again, this time she pulled very gently.

Richard ducked his head down, feeling the flesh engulf him.

Kikata felt the odd rising feeling in her chest, there was definitely something extra on the rope this time.

Richard saw daylight, well sort of. He looked up to see light illuminating the back of her throat, kind of strange to see it from below. He watched her uvula come closer, soon able to peer out over her tongue. He collided with the back of her throat casing it to flex a little but she quickly slid him up the soft surface of her tongue and back out into the world. They both sighed.

"Thanks" Richard said as she set him down on the counter by the sink.

"Your welcome" She said with a small smile, "I'm sorry but this ship is not equipped with smaller facilities, you will have to share with me. I can fill the sink up with warm water, and you can wash there?"

"That's fine"

"My resource package comes with some simple clothes, I will bring them in for you" She started the water, waiting until it was comfortably warm before stopping the drain. She let it rise until it would be around waist deep for him then shut the water off. She mixed in a little soap, twirling it around with her finger. "Do you need help getting in?" She asked.

"No I can manage" Richard said eyeing the warm soapy waters lustfully, he wasn't normally too overjoyed at bathing time but considering where he has been and how badly his body ached it was certainly a welcomed luxury.

"Alright, I will return in a while" She said with a nod, and left closing the door behind her.

Kikata walked back into the living quarters, finally removing the rest of her armor. Removing the chest and shoulder pieces felt so freeing, her chest finally released from the tight confines. She separated the leg plates and sat down as she pulled them down over her feet. She wriggled her toes, looking forward to a shower herself. She took a deep breath before climbing back towards her pilots chair, feeling nearly naked now only wearing her black jumpsuit that clung tightly around her thin figure.

She nestled into the chair, smiling as the warmth of the heating system started to blow through her hair. She brought up the display, and made the call. The screen flickered a moment before an older looking face appeared on screen, the man nodded, "Kikata, you call with news?" His rough voice spoke clearly through the intercom, in the native neko tongue.

"Yes Captain, I just took off from planet two forty six, sector one three eight seven nine" She responded mechanically.

"And what did you find there?"

"I was responding to the distress signal of an Earthen group, there was only one survivor, there was no trace of the attackers"

"What happened?"

"The man whom I rescued said he was unsure, but offered pirates as a possible explanation"

The older neko nodded, "We will have to talk more extensively, who is the man that you rescued?"

"He said his name was Richard Bromwell, I briefly tried to look him up in the databases but there were too many, he said he was a Marine"

"I will look into it"

Richard sighed, slipping down the smooth plastic like surface of the sink into the warm waters. He submerged himself, vigorously rubbing his hands through his brown hair, it had grown long during the many trips. He gathered up some of the suds and rinsed himself off many times over. He heard a creaking at the door.

"Are you ready? I have your clothes"

"Erm...yeah but I don't think I can climb out" He called back out, looking up the steep slope of the sink. Kikata's figure arrived over the opening, looking at him briefly before averting her gaze, she offered down a single finger to help pull him out. "Thanks" He said, gathering up a washcloth she had set out, wrapping a tiny portion of it around his waist, the rest lying flat on the countertop.

"Your welcome, the clothes are inside of here" She said setting down a white box next to him. She turned her back as he changed.

Richard opened up the box, finding a gray pair of sweatpants, some generic underwear shorts, socks and a plain white t-shirt. He slipped into the clothes, frowning at his uniform and jacket which still lied in a damp lump on the counter, "Okay" He called up, taking a moment to eye down the neko, her features just barely distinguishable through the black fabric of her jump suit.

Kikata turned, "Do they fit?"

"Well enough" He watched as she offered a hand for him to climb on, he obliged, resting down on the soft and warm surface of her palm.

"I will see if I can't find a way to wash up your old clothes, did you receive any discomforts during the trip?"

"Well other than the obvious no, the ride was rather peaceful"

"Good, I am sorry if I frightened you, I thought the practice was pretty well known"

Richard laughed, "Well, I sort of had a crash course in training, I'm sure the special ops guys know all about that stuff"

"I see" She responded before gently allowing him to slide down onto a round table located in one corner of the living quarters.

"My captain would like to discus some of the details"

"Certainly, though I have to admit I don't know much, I got a ricochet off the back of my head before I could catch a glimpse of who ever was attacking the camp, by the time I came too they were gone"
Her stomach suddenly growled loudly, "Sorry, I've not eaten in nearly a day now" She apologized rising to her feet, "Are you hungry?"

"Well, other than that odd meal you gave me earlier I've been pretty starved myself" He admitted.

"You can share with me, it is not that good but I can only take what I am given"

"I'm sure it's better than the stuff they served us" He laughed watching the giant women walk towards a row of cabinets, eyeing her dark black tail curiously as it swayed idly from side to side. He had encountered many of the larger furred creatures before, though the extra appendages still looked a little off on a creature that was otherwise very human in appearance.

"Strange universe" He mumbled quietly to himself...
Chapter 3 by Ginbug
Richard stared at the massive screen displayed across the curved window of the cockpit. He stood rather awkwardly on the outstretched hand of Kikata. Dinner, or lunch...or maybe it was breakfast, was rather strange. He sat on the edge of a wide plate, Kikata had spooned over some of the strange meat and thick creamy substance that she assured him was a delicacy back on her home planet. In the end he could have eaten just about anything, his taste buds no longer fighting against the terrible food substitutes that he had eaten over the past three years.

A face flickered onto the screen. An old mans dark gray eyes shifted to Richard, a grin turning upwards on one corner of his wrinkled lips. His hair was short and white, his ears, similar to Kikata's, were dark gray in color, longer white hair flowing from the tips and along the inner section.

"Private Bromwell?" His old voice asked through the intercom, the quality surprisingly clear.

"Yes, sir" He responded, straightening his posture.

"I searched your name and contacted the uh, United Nations. They are aware of your existence and send their condolences towards your fallen comrades" Richard nodded his head silently, "But, as you know the time to travel between your current location and Earth would take two months at least"

"Right"

"And we cannot have Kikata leave to go on such a wayward mission to take you home"

"I understand"

"Your commanding officers have also said that they are unsure how soon they will be able to set up a transport for you, they said it could be another month before a ship is heading out in that direction, which would mean that you will be without a ship heading back towards earth for three months at least"

"I see"

"We have discussed some options, if you would like to hear them?"

"You mean for what I can do in the meantime?"

"Correct. Kikata is within close distance to one of our main planet settlements, you will find adequate housing and resources for your stature, though you couldn't hope to do much more than sit and wait for your transport"

"And the other?"

"Well, if you wanted you could remain with Kikata on her ship, she will be out on her own for another six months. You will be paid"

Richard thought for a moment, "What could I do to help here?" He asked.

"I wouldn't mind having someone a bit smaller around" Kikata said from behind, "There are sometimes more delicate situations that could be handled better by someone who is well...smaller than I"
"I see...well" He sighed, "If I am getting paid I see no reason not to stay here, the idea of sitting in a hotel room for three months doesn't excite me"

"Great, I will be in contact with your officers, I am sure Kikata can fill you in on anything you might need to know" He nodded once more before the screen went blank once more.

They found themselves back at the small round table, Kikata had produced a few small manuals that described various procedural things that every Nova Guard has to follow.

"See, we have to respond to every and any distress signal" She started, running her finger down the vertical line of symbols, "Even if the persons are engaged in criminal activity, our job is to collect and keep them from further harm, it is not our job to punish. However if we see the need we have methods to detain dangerous persons under this room" She said tapping her foot on a rectangular section of the floor that stood out from the otherwise flat white surface.

"And then afterwards?"

"I report my findings to my superiors, and then they direct me from there. We have stations set up in nearly every solar system"

"Sounds pretty simple, I guess"

"Yes, that is what I am assigned to do"

"Does anything ever come up? Other than distress signals?"

"Well, I am technically enlisted in the military, if there were an emergency I could be called to duty, but that is such a rare thing"

"I know what you mean, they say on earth that only one out of every one hundred marines will see combat situations during their tour of duty, even less would engage in what we would think of as an actual battle"

"So, I guess you are one of the few?"

Richard thought a moment, "Yeah, I guess I would be...though it is far from what I expected, hell I was only conscious for not even ten minutes of it"

"You are lucky to be alive"

"Yeah" His head lowered as he thought back to his friends, only one of the men in that small group did he consider a friend. He had been paired up with him for two years, all ending in a quick burst of violence, "I guess I never officially thanked you for coming to my aid, thank you" He said with a nod.

She smiled, "It's my job" She eyed him a moment, "Did you lose many friends?"

Richard sighed, "One. But..I'm not sure how I feel"

"Sad I imagine?"

"I guess so" He nodded, "I guess it really hasn't hit me yet. So how long have you been doing this?"

"Uh, well today was my first day going out on my own, I was just recently promoted to a fully fledged Guard"

"Interesting"

"I started training when I was sixteen, I am twenty three now, erm in Earth years that is. By my peoples year cycles I have only lived through fourteen"

"Huh, so you guys run off a completely different system than us?"

"Everyone does, many races have simply combined their years or at least pay attention to their allegiances set of days and years"

"For good reason, I mean setting up meetings would be rather difficult if no one knew what date anyone was talking about"

She nodded, "Yes, so we too follow both, it is important to our culture to remember the old cycles"

"Right. I guess we humans are still pretty ignorant, after all not so long ago in our history our people were still debating even the possibility for the existence of life outside of our own world"

"A lot has changed then?"

"For me? Hardly, I have only ever known this world, but my grandfather and grandmother had grown up in both ages...My Grandfather had died in the war, some helicopter pilot. My grandmother still pins his medal of honor to her shirt every morning"

"So strange, to me the pre-universal period is such ancient history. That is what I found particularly fascinating about the humans and earth, especially for being so...well...small, if you don't mind me saying?"

"No offense taken, I guess it's pretty true. I don't think I've met an alien who didn't tower over me"

"You have met many?"

"No, I have only had contact with the more um, hairy ones"

She grimaced a little, "Yes, we had much conflict with them, my race had discovered space travel a few hundred years prior to their race, however they were just starting to explore their local galaxies around the time we truly began to expand"

"Have you seen combat?"

She shook her head, "No, something that my mother is very grateful for...she never really wanted me to get into this in the first place. I assured her that I mainly just do rescues and humanitarian efforts. What about you? Do you have family worrying for you back at home?"

Richard shrugged, "I guess so, I have a mother and two brothers. Though I guess communication has sort of slowed" He sighed, "Families after the war were often small and spread apart...I guess we lost some of our family values along the way"

She frowned, "That's unfortunate, I am sure they will be glad to hear you are alive"

"When ever they get to hear from me that is, I guess we could give them a call someday. Your transmissions are so much stronger than our own"

She nodded, "Over a hundred or so years we have gotten pretty good in those respects. Technology slowly trickles to everyone in this universe though" She laughed, "However there are a few races who can't quite, um, handle it...I know thats not correct to say but..."

"You mean you know of other races that have not yet grasped space travel?"

She nodded, "Though some remain on their planets by choice, though others even when given the technology don't really uh, do anything with it" She shook her head, "Sometimes they manage to hit the right button on the distress signals and we respond" She eyed him again, "We actually assumed humans would be among these races when we first heard about you. You see, you share some similarities in regards to your um..."

"Size?"

"Yes" She laughed nervously, "I hope I am not being rude"

"Not at all, so we aren't the smallest things around?"

"Well...I haven't met anyone smaller, but generally they tend to be around this high" She held her hand out over the table, a few feet over his head.

"Damn" He laughed.

"But don't worry, you have more than made up for your size in other aspects, for instance your race holds the record in technological advancement in terms of speed. In a matter of two hundred years or so you have gone from primitive animal transportation and crude engines to space travel"

"Hell yeah!" Richard said raising his arms with a grin, they shared a laugh. There was a small moment of silence, "So...were a team now huh?"

She nodded, "That is the plan, you are officially on the Nova Guard payment roll"

"We should make a name for ourselves"

She smiled, "That would be fun, it is so rare for a Nova Guard to work within a team we could stand out"

"Any ideas?"

She thought for a moment, "Um, how about...Kikata and her little helper" Her grin broadened.

"Yeah, for some reason I don't think that will stick" He tapped his chin, "Man this is hard, um" He rubbed his neck.

"Nova-...hrm...The Guards of...no..." She drummed her fingers across the table.

"Nova Squad?" He offered with a shrug.

"Seems kind of generic"

"Yeah" He laughed.

"Ooohh how about" She held her hands out as if reading from a sigh, "Starship Troopers"

"No...That is too familiar for some reason" He said shaking his head.

"How about Nova Force?"

"Hmm...I like it. It's like Nova Squad, but with a little more power" He grinned.

"So Nova Force it is?"

He nodded, "Cool...so what do we do?"

She sighed, "Wait for another signal I guess"

Richard sat down, he had gotten himself so worked up...he forgot how boring life as a soldier tends to be these days. He wondered if anything at all would happen during these months...
Chapter 4 by Ginbug
Kikata's eyes narrowed, the human seemed confident. She bit her lip, sliding two small strips of paper across the table.

"You can just fold you know"

"I know that!" She retorted.

"Alright, flip your cards" Richard said with a grin, having to struggle to turn over his eight foot tall, novelty neko playing cards.

"I win!" She gasped setting down her two kings.

"No"

"Yes! Look you only have an eight and a three!"

"But they are hearts, there are three hearts in the river. I have a flush, that is better than a pair"

Kikata ran her hands through her hair, "Ugh...I hate this stupid game. Go fish made sense to me"

"Yes but soldiers don't play go fish-" There was a sudden high pitch beeping that sounded throughout the ship.

"Is that?"

"Yes" She said rising to her feet. She hurried up towards the cockpit, nestling into the seat before opening up the holographic display.

They had spent the past three days idly wasting their time. Richard had managed to teach her some card games with a pack of cards she had picked up at a gift shop the last time she was home. But now they had finally gotten what they were waiting for...a distress signal.

Realizing she had left the human on the table she quickly hopped back out of the deep sunken piolets chair and retrieved him.

"Thanks" Richard muttered as she placed him down into his makeshift seat...really it was just a cup holder.

"Right" She said with a nod, once again turning towards the display, "The signal is coming from here" She said pointing towards the star map. She flicked her finger across the display a few times, zooming in, "Hmm...it appears to be coming from this planet" She said pointing towards a large red dot.

"172-0874" He read off the screen.

"Alright hang on tight, we'll be there quickly" She advised.

Richard sat down within the plastic cup holder, his legs not even able to reach across to the other side to brace himself. He felt his back press into the hard face of the cup holder as the ship took off into speeds surpassing that of the speed of light. Even with the ships remarkable technology the trip was still a little uncomfortable, leaving his ears ringning as it finally came to a slower speed.

"How fast were we going?" He mumbled struggling to gain his balance.

Kikata grinned, "You don't want to know" She helped him up onto the arm rest so he could peer out the window.

"Woah" He exclaimed looking out over the red planet, it looked massive.

"Yes, it's one of the biggest gas planets in this sector"

"Gas planet? So there is some sort of base or something inside of the uh-"

"No, the moons" She said rolling her eyes, "These sorts of planets can harbor hundreds of moons, this one only has fifty, three of which have the capability of sustaining life"

"Right yeah, moons, I knew that" He said stepping forward to get a better view of the image.

"Here" She said, "Off the smallest one" They watched as the actual physical moon came into sight, a square box twirling onto the hud of the ship pointing the area of the distress signal. The strange greenish colored sphere soon filled their vision, "It's about one third the size of your earth"

"Huh" He grunted, once again reminded of how small he and his planet were.

The blinking square suddenly disappeared as they approached the planet, "Oh no" She muttered.

"What's wrong?"

"We've lost the signal, this is strange. I think I can still locate it, the ship should have stored the location" She eyed him, "You may want to hop down I need to steer" She said motioning towards his little cup holder.

Richard sighed, but climbed back inside, "I really hope we can get me a seat installed or something"

She shrugged with a grin, "If we ever happen upon any tiny ship parts" Her face grew stern as they approached the moon. The atmosphere was thick, the air and clouds held a dark green hue. The ground became visible, the terrain looked almost like jungle though once they were close it proved to be very, very different than any earth jungle.

"Is it safe to breath the air out there?" Richard asked looking around at the thick fog.

"With a little extra oxygen in our blood yes, the air contains much more carbon dioxide than our planets" She set the ship down, there were a few structures visible through the thick mossy bushes, large mushroom looking plants towering over them.

She offered a hand to take him back into the living quarters so they could gear up. Richard's old clothes had been washed a few times over, even his old sidearm seemed to be functioning, though he was not about to test it. His eyes shifted upwards to Kikata, who was still putting her armor on. She lifted her chest and shoulder pieces up over her head, her thin figure returning to that almost machine like state. Had it not been for her head poking through the top of the white and blue painted armor you would not have been able to distinguish her as male or female, she said that helped greatly during training which was done mostly in their armor.

Richard lifted his jacket preparing to slip his arms inside.

"You won't need that"

"Oh?"

"Yeah it's hot out there, the atmosphere retains a lot of heat"

"Right, that make's sense" He said dropping the jacket back to the floor, "So how are we going to do this?"

"Well first you need to look in here" She pushed the white crate towards him, the one where most of his new belongings came from, "There should be some oxygen masks, like I said you will need some extra in your system"

Richard nodded, sifting through the large white crate before he found a plastic bag filled with some clear rubber tubing and a face mask. The mask was simple, practically primitive compared to Kikata's incredibly intricate and resourceful Nova Armor, complete with air tight armor, carbon dioxide to oxygen converters, an immensely complex and in depth hud system, and many more gadgets and functions then one could possibly find use for...needless to say Richard was envious. He finished lacing up his boot and rose to his feet, staring up at the tall warrior that looked down at him, it was hard to imagine her youthful and rather pretty face behind the thick glass like wall of her visor.

"So how shall we do this?" He asked as she leaned down, he watches as her helmet dipped a bit in thought.

"Well you could ride on my shoulder for the time being?" Her now deep robotic voice boomed throughout the ship, "Otherwise I might step on you"

"What am I your parrot?"

"My what?"

"Never mind, yeah that should work" He said before pulling the face mask over his mouth.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Hello?" Kikata repeated in multiple languages. She knelt down once they were within what almost looked like a small village. "This was a scientific settlement" She said softly.

Richard was overcome with a sense of deja vu, "Are you thinking that these could be related to the same attack my group suffered?"

"The timing seems right" She said with a nod. The ground was pocketed with black holes, as well as the buildings.

"What sort of creatures lived here?" Richard asked, seeing that the buildings certainly would not have housed a neko.

"Hmm. Hard to say. These settlements are often mixed as far as species go" She offered him a hand, "Perhaps you should look through some of these buildings"

Richard climbed into her hand rather excitedly, finally he gets to do something. She helped him pull open one of the large doors, he guessed it was about thirty feet tall. The building looked like a large metal factory, or something along those lines. There seemed to be no power, the only light were the dim streams that cut through the pitch dark.

"See anything?"

"No, it's dark. I have my light though"

"Okay, I will look around out here, don't do anything stupid"

"Yeah" He said with a nod, taking a few more tedious steps insight. He flicked his flashlight on, already feeling the sweat beading down his forehead from the muggy warm air. He wiped his arm across his head, catching the slight scent of the flower smelling soap that Kikata had washed his clothes in. He once again found himself by large household objects, desks and chairs, many flipped over on end. He continued to walk through the dark jungle of metal bars and broken instruments, his dim yellow flashlight scanning from side to side.

His eyes narrowed as his light suddenly fell on a greenish wall. He took a few steps forward, his neck tingling slightly as he saw that it was a some sort of long scaly arm laying limp on the floor. He stepped towards it, cringing as his light shown on the rest of the body. The creature was dressed in a thick black jump suit, a dark reddish liquid pooling from under its chest. He took a few steps closer, drawing out his side arm.

"Hello? Anyone here?" He called, though it was doubtful any other aliens this far out spoke english. He stared at the gaping aligator like maw, the creature looked to be around twenty feet tall...it's maw deeper than he was tall. He shook his head and continued further, grimacing as two more bodies lay against one of the walls, they looked as if they were placed there.

Light poured in through a gaping hole in the side of the building, there didn't seem to be anything else to see so he climbed through. A massive blast of wind raced past him as one of Kikata's giant legs landed not too far from where he stood.

"Anything?" Her voice echoed through the strange forest of fungi.

"No" He called up, stepping back as she kneeled down, "There were three bodies"

"Well that's something"

"I guess, but no clue as to what might have happened"

Suddenly there was a rustling in one of the adjacent buildings. They both turned, a guttural voice called out to them.

"What did it say"

"Help" Kikata said getting to her feet. She approached the building that hardly reached up to her waist at its tallest peak. She leant down, Richard made his way over, watching as she pulled a thin looking tool from her kit, shocked to see a bright red beam suddenly shine from its point. She cut a hole through the thick metal siding and tore it from the building, revealing another one of the scaled aliens. Kikata helped the injured alien out of the building, though his wound looked severe, a large dark wet circle flowed down his shirt.

Richard came to his side, listening as Kikata tried to communicate with the creature, "What is he saying?"

"She...and she is saying that they were attacked, by who she doesn't know" She turned back to the sputtering alien, nodding placing a gentle hand behind her back, "She needs aid" She straightened her back, once again detaching her large almost box like pack. She quickly sifted through the contents before pulling out a large white pouch. Working quickly she tore open the aliens shirt, he recognized the no fooling around attitude he had seen the first day they met.

"Oh no"

"Is it bad?"

"Very, here" She lifted him up onto the frightened aliens stomach, "Hold this here" She ordered pressing a bandage around the wound. Richard set down next to it, feeling the hot liquid pooling beneath the bandage. He watches as Kikata reached back into the pouch producing a needle, she said something to the alien before digging the needle into the creatures side, "Hopefully this will help stop the bleed-" She cursed under her breath as the creature started to go into spasms.

Richard grimaced as the spasms stopped, the creatures head falling towards the ground, it managed to utter one more phrase before it's chest lowered in a final long sigh. They sat there in silence for a few moments, each a little startled by the sudden events.

Kikata finally shouted something in her native tongue, her booming deep voice only adding to the frightful scene. She dropped her head, "S-Sorry" Her voice crackled through the speakers.

"No it's fine, we did everything we could..."

"But we were too late" She sighed, lifting him off the fallen creature, "Twice now..." She shook her head "She said that they were taking prisoners, they left her to die"

"Prisoners?" Richard said, looking around, "That would explain the missing bodies...with this much action you would have expected a lot more" He gripped an edge of her armor as he was set down on her shoulder.

"So what now?"

"We need to search the area some more" She turned from the body, her mood indistinguishable through the mask of the voice altering radio, "I saw wreckage of one of the crafts, which means there might be some clues as to who exactly caused this. From what I heard from her it seemed to be no single one species in the attacking forces, this is a red flag for pirate activity...but there is something strange here...I can't quite put my finger on it"
Chapter 5 by Ginbug
Richard bounced slightly with each step, he had only just started to get used to his high perch upon Kikatas shoulder. He looked down into the strange landscape below them, a black pillar of smoke becoming visible through the green haze.

"I don't see any signs of life." Kikata said quietly, "But be on guard."

"Yeah, try not to jump though okay?" Richard laughed.

"Here." She said, lifting her hand to her shoulder, "You are safer in my hand."

Richard nodded, climbing down onto the smooth surface of her hand, he knelt down as she dropped her hand from her shoulder to waist level, slowly approaching the pillar of smoke. She stepped over one of the oversized fungi and revealed the wreckage, illuminated by a stream of light that shone through a hole torn through one of the massive mushrooms. The ship was about half the size of Kikatas, though looked as if it could have been piloted by someone of her size.

"It looks like an outdated warship." She said examining the wreckage from afar for now. She rounded the ship slowly, constantly scanning for any life like heat signatures.

"So?" Richard asked, "Does that mean it was pirates?"

The smooth metallic head nodded, "I am almost certain of that now." She approached the flat black hull, ducking under one of the shattered wings. She knelt down and placed Richard by her feet, "I need both hands for this." She stood back up and grabbed a thin latch on the side of the cockpit. With a few hard yanks she pulled it up, the glass window rose upwards automatically. She knelt back down and offered Richard her hand, he complied quickly.

He peered into the dark ship as she lifted him up and over the edge, "Just a bit further." He called as she tried to lower him inside. Finally his feet touched down on the arm rest of the empty pilots seat. The craft was almost identical inside compared to Kikatas. He turned to see two metal hands grip the cockpit before Kikata pulled herself up. She swung her leg easily over the edge before slowly stepping over him onto the seat,

"Is there anyone here? Do not resist, we are not here to hurt you." Her voice rang out, repeating the phrase in a few more languages, "Seems empty." She said quietly once again letting the small human climb onto her hand. She set him down onto the floor behind the cockpit, unlike her ship there was no ledge between the cockpit and the rest of the smaller cabin. "I will try to sync up with this ships hud, see if I can't gather any information...take a look around."

Richard nodded, turning towards the rest of the ship. It was dark, the air thick and warm. He flicked on his flashlight and started to slowly move forward. His tiny dot of light flickered around the walls, large metal objects hung from the walls on all sides, it didn't appear that anyone slept here. The areas where the beds were in Kikatas ship were replaced by benches or crates.

The ship suddenly trembled, a loud and almost grinding hum filled the air, "Powers on." Kikata called over her shoulder.

"I can hear." Richard said feeling the vibrations move under his feet.

"Wow this thing is a piece of trash." She grumbled, "And look at this! This thing still uses mechanical buttons!" She laughed, he heard a few loud clicks before suddenly the ship was filled with a pale yellow light.

"Oh good, lights work." He said flicking the flashlight off. He made his way forward, noticing the benches fell shorter and shorter every fifty yards or so. Eventually they looked almost as though they would be fit for a human to sit on. His eyes fell on a large metal container, a thick metal door sat slightly ajar. He walked over, grunting as he pushed his weight against the door to open it fully.

The container was dark so he once again flicked on his light. His eyes widened as he scanned the contents. "Oh my god..." He gasped.

Kikata smiled as the small meter on the bottom of her hud disappeared, she had downloaded the ships log. She stood up from her seat and looked down the long hull of the ship, "Richard?" She called, not able to see the human. She stepped carefully looking side to side until she noticed a small box down near the back that had an open latch. "Richard?" She called again kneeling down so she could peer inside.

"Kikata! Check this out!" He called out excitedly.

"What?"

Richard lifted a long metal object from the wall and held it out, "Guns!"

"Oh...wonderful." She sighed.

"I want to take some of these with me, some of em' look like they could take down a Neko!"

"Well it's a small box." She sighed, placing her hand down on the floor.

Richard stepped out of the container after placing the weapon on the rack, he eyed her hand for a moment before climbing up. He shook his head as her other arm simply reached forward and shut the thick metal door before easily lifting the metal container into the air. "Show off." He grumbled.

There was a deep laugh, "Not my fault you're so tiny. We have all we need...it is strange there is no bodies...very strange."

~ ~ ~ ~

The container fell onto the table with a loud clank. Richard thanked Kikata as she set him down next to it. He looked over his shoulder as she started to remove her armor. The helmet hissed slightly as she removed it, shaking her head as her long black hair fell free. She grunted a little as she unclipped the shoulder and chest piece, lifting them over her head next.

"I was able to download the ships log, it should give us the past few locations at least."

"Sounds good." Richard said with a nod. He watched as the armor on her hips separated. She stepped out of the large leg plates, her tail popping out and swaying from side to side slowly as she lifted the armor and inserted it into its designated location. She leant down, his knees almost went weak as he examined her figure. The black jump suit clung to her body tightly as she unbuckled her boots, he found he was able to ignore her differences rather easily. She stepped out from her armor and set the boots inside the case with a sigh. She turned towards him with a small smile. He shook the thoughts from his head. He had to remember that he was on the job, that she was over two hundred feet tall and an alien!

She sat down in front of him, resting her head on her hand, "What a day huh? I guess I better go report in..." She yawned.

"Yeah, I guess it was a pretty big find." Richard said watching as she opened the door of the container.

"Here, you can look through your new toys while I do it." She said with a small smirk. She pushed her chair back and left for the cockpit.

Richard laughed, watching the slender giantess move her way to the cockpit, her taunt hips swinging from side to side as she climbed the ladder. He shook his head and made his way inside the container. Rack after rack of firearms and countless crates of ammunition and god knows what else. This was a marines heaven! Granted he has never really used his firearm in battle before. Most of the weapons would be nearly too large to hold, but some seemed like they would be just right. His brow furrowed, a line of firearms looked a little too familiar.

He stepped forward, lifting the stocky black rifle off the rack, there was no doubt that this was the standard issue Marine rifle. He turned it over in his hands, eyes widening to see the crest of his brigade imprinted on the stock. This weapon belonged to one of his fallen comrades...unless...

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata nodded slowly, "Yes sir, there is no doubt in my mind that these are Pirates, the very same ones who attacked Richards camp."

"But since when have pirates taken prisoners? And such care to remove the bodies?" The old man seemed worried, "You are correct that the evidence mostly points towards a group of pirates, but we may be dealing with something even more troubling."

"I don't understand what could be-"

"Mercenaries Kikata. Soldiers. Pirates are unorganized and dirty, these attacks have been precise, quick, and clean. It might have been for the best that you did not arrive during the attack, you are a well trained soldier but you are not hardened, certainly not enough to take on a mercenary force."

Kikata held in her sigh, "I understand sir. So what is the next course of action?"

"I have altered your coordinates to take you to the nearest military outpost, I will meet you there to brief you in person, it would be best not to broadcast that log you have acquired to us digitally, we will receive it in person. That is all." The old man said before the screen went blank.

Kikata released her sigh, she had a sick feeling in her gut. It all started when she lost that survivor. Was she not prepared for this?

~ ~ ~ ~

Richards mood was not much better as he waited for her return, the rifle still clutched in his hands. He nodded towards her as she hopped off the ladder and returned to her seat.

"The captain doesn't think they were pirates at all. He thinks they are mercenaries, or soldiers of some kind."

"But what would they be doing raiding peaceful science camps?"

"I don't know. But we have been ordered to divert our course to the nearest military outpost."

"And then?"

"I don't know." Kikata said softly resting her head on her hand, her golden eyes stared blankly forward as she was lost in thought and self doubt.

"You alright?" Richard asked, noticing the troubled look on her face, "You look shaken up?"

Her eyes shifted towards him, "Yes. Fine."

"Well...I've got some more news." He said holding the weapon before his chest. She eyed him quizzically, "This weapon came from my unit. At the camp I never saw any bodies of my comrades, not that I was looking but...what if they had been taken prisoner too?"

Kikata blinked, "I...guess that would make sense."

Richard was worried, what were they doing with these prisoners? "I guess that will be something to discuss once we are on base." He sighed.

Kikata nodded, "Yes. But I need a shower." She said rising to her feet, "I'll prepare the water for you after I am done?"

"Sure." Richard said, the air was so humid that his clothes were still a little damp with sweat.

Kikata on the other hand was perfectly clean, as if she had never gone out in the first place. The suits air regulation system made sure of that. But she needed to relax, get her mind off what had happened...what she felt she failed to do.
Chapter 6 by Ginbug
Kikata slipped her large white towel on the rack and locked the door. She examined herself in the mirror, when she first received her Nova Guard rank she felt like she was the perfect image of a Guard. But now as she looked herself over in the mirror she only saw a young woman, not even into her sixteenth cycle. The armor made her feel powerful, but the captain was right, she wasn't a hardened soldier...she was soft. Her fingers grasped the small black zipper at her neck and slowly drew it downwards, her chest seemed to expand in relief as it was released from the tight confines of her jumpsuit. She slid the thick black fabric off her arms, her upper body standing naked before the mirror as the suit draped off the small of her back.

She frowned, she had gotten pale. Her sisters were all so tan, as she was once. Her family lived right on the beach of one of her home planets magnificent fresh water lakes, they were called fresh water oceans because of their size. She left an easy life back home. Her family had wealth, as well as most of the surrounding families. Had she stayed she wouldn't have had to lift a finger, her life had been handed to her on a platter. But to almost everyones dismay she turned her back, everyone but her father.

She sighed, pulling her suit off her legs and draping it next to her towel. She smiled as she stepped into the steaming water, humming softly to herself as she twirled around, running her hands through her tail. Her mind kept shifting back to that poor scientist, alone...left for dead...and she was too late to save her. She could have scanned the ground from above for heat signatures, she could have gotten there faster! She clenched her jaw as a throbbing pain struck her throat. She swallowed it down with a sigh, letting the warm water soothe her. She slid down to the tile floor and pulled her knees to her chest, her tail clutched in her hands. Not since training has she felt so self conscious.

Richard looked through the container, he had never seen so much firepower packed into a single room! Boxes lay four stacks deep along the walls under the racks of firearms, each filled with ammunition or some other devious looking things that he had no knowledge of.

Finally his eyes fell on a larger rectangular crate in the back. He walked over and held his light under his arm as he unclipped the locks. He laughed at what he saw...armor! He lifted up a helmet, it was way too big to his dismay. But he shrugged and put it on, laughing as it tipped from side to side. He pulled out the over sized chest plate and managed to slip it over his head. It felt like it weighed hundreds of pounds but he managed to waddle his way back outside. He was a little surprised to see that Kikata was still using the shower. He groaned a little, disappointed he didn't get to show off his new find yet. He leaned back against the wall facing towards the cockpit to relieve himself of the heavy pressure of the black armor he wore.

Kikata took a deep breath, what was she doing? She wiped her eyes and stood up, she was a Guard and she was sitting here crying in the shower over an unsuccessful mission! She shut the water off and stepped out into the cool air of the bathroom, a thin layer of steam still hung in the air. She wiped her hand across the mirror, shaking her head as she examined her reddened eyes, "Get ahold of yourself." She sighed quietly. She turned on the sink, filling it with a small pool of hot water for Richard, twirling some soap into it before drying herself off.

Richard heard the door creak open. He smiled to himself as he walked his way back out onto the table, struggling to place his hands on his hips over the wide breast plate. His eyes fell on Kikata, who walked towards him with only a large white towel wrapped around her torso. She had curves? He blinked, he never realized how restricting that jump suit was, her titanic bosom shook slightly as she knelt down before him with a grin.

"What the hell?" She laughed.

"Like it?" He asked holding out his hands.

She laughed even harder, "You look... ridiculous." She said shaking her head at the strange little human, his head looking about twice as big as it should under the large helmet. "But now you really need to wash up, who knows what dirty creature wore that before you."

"Hm. It does smell a little funky in here." He said leaning over to pull the helmet off. He pushed the chest piece off after it and straightened his back, "God damn that was heavy." He watched her hand lower next to him, nodding as he stepped up onto her palm. It felt a little softer and warmer than usual. He eyed her face for a moment, she still seemed a bit out of it. He watched as the massive bathroom came into view, the air stil warm from her own long shower.

"Towels on the sink, string hanging off the side so you can get out...I'll be back in twenty?" She said setting her hand down.

"Sounds good." He said, desperately trying not to stare at the wall of cleavage exposed to him as she leant down. He could still hardly believe it, in that black jumpsuit he would have guessed she was just a tad below average in her curves, and now he knew very much otherwise. He nodded towards her as she stood up, she smiled back and walked out the door. He ran his fingers through his hair, "Get ahold of yourself Rich...that is the wrong tree to be barking up."

Kikata shut the door lightly, looking around by habit before letting the towel fall from her body. She walked over to her drawer, placing her hands on the smooth white countertop. A thin green light illuminated under her palm before a crease appeared on the side of the smooth white box, the drawer soon sliding out on its own. She smirked at how unnecessary it seemed. She pulled out a thin white fabric and stepped into it, having to shake herself from side to side as she pulled it up to her waist. She took the other piece out and pulled it over her head, it fit tightly to her skin but did not press against her so tightly as her black jumpsuit. The white two piece was the only thing that was remotely feminine in her wardrobe, allowing her supple curves to show from under the shining white surface, even showing a small bit of her midriff.

Richard stepped out of his pants and tossed his shirt aside before sliding down the slope of the sink and into the warm waters. He rinsed himself over quickly before simply just wading out into the deeper section and floating on his back. The warm water soothed his muscles as he drifted aimlessly around.

Kikata sat down at the table, eyes falling on the little suit Richard had put on, or at least tried to put on. She lifted the helmet, twirling it round and round in her fingers. She chuckled slightly remembering the scene...she couldn't help but find it unbearably cute. To the Neko that's just the way humans were, cute little creatures. Sure they looked almost identical aside from a few appendages, but the size difference just made everything they do rather cute. It was hard to believe that they took part in the fierce wars that Kikata had read about in school, so many new chapters to the military textbooks as well were added by this tiny race. The Neko men looked at the humans differently, in fact they were a little obsessed currently with human war movies and sports. They tried to emulate them as best as they could...to them the human was known as a warrior. The great Marcus "Zero" starred in countless films...all perhaps over exaggerating his exploits on earth and on the battles that followed. Kikata herself was a little interested in the man, from what she read in military books he actually was quite the hero, on the final day of the war on Earth he and a small team of men took on over a hundred of the opposing army and lived to fight on after that.

She sighed, letting the tiny helmet fall back to the table, her fingers drumming idly as she tried to think of ways to pass the time.

Richard finally pulled himself to the edge of the sink and gripped the rope she had tied off for him. He grunted as his feet slipped up the smooth surface until finally reaching the flat countertop. He walked over to the pile of slightly oversized towels and wiped himself dry, his hair still damp as he pulled on a fresh t-shirt and slipped back into his underwear and military pants. He sat down on the white crate as he waited for her return.

Finally the door opened, Kikata smiling to see he was already out and ready. She set down her hand next to him.

"Thanks." He said climbing up onto the warm surface, "Now if only all military bases came with heated pools."

She rolled her eyes, "For you? They all do. After all you will find sinks just about everywhere." She grinned.

Richard laughed sarcastically, "Yes, yes lets all make fun of the tiny human. I get it now." He chuckled, thanking her again as he hopped back down onto the table. He eyed her for a moment, "Feeling better?" He asked, the expression on her face before was unmistakable, even if she did try to hide it behind a smile.

Her cheeks grew a little warm as she nodded, she hoped he didn't look at her as weak now, "Yes I am better. I was just dwelling on that survivor is all."

He nodded, "Yeah, that was rough. But you did what you could, I mean there were lots of buildings to search."

She sighed, "Yes. I suppose." She couldn't help but feel otherwise. She felt she could have done it better, she could have gotten there in time.

"So how long until we reach the base?"

"Two days about, maybe a little less. The engines will need some time before I jump again." Jump was the phrase used instead of "going really really really really fast".

"Great."

She sighed, "Yup."

"Well...cards?" Richard asked, they really didn't have many other options for entertainment.

Kikata smiled, "Go fish?"

He sighed, "Fine...fine lets play stupid go fish."
Chapter 7 by Ginbug
"Okay." Kikata said leaning back into her pilots seat. It had been a long two days but the engines had finally cooled down (literally). "Ready?"

Richard slid down into the cup holder, "Yeah." He called up.

Kikata slid her fingers up the display, the ship was ready. With a flick of her finger the ships quiet hum turned to a roar, the speckled view outside of the window turned to a blur and they were off. Richard gritted his teeth, not having a real chair made the trip a little more than uncomfortable as he vibrated rapidly against the hard plastic of the cup holder. Finally the ship put on the back burners and the new location slowly came into view.

"Thanks." Richard grumbled as she helped him up onto the arm rest. He eyed the planet with a frown, "Another ice ball?"

She chuckled lightly, "That's right."

"Well, as long as I don't get eaten this time around."

"Tempt me and I just might." She said with a grin.

~ ~ ~ ~

The ship came to a halt within an expansive docking bay. Kikata slipped out of her white clothes and into a more official blue and white jumpsuit that was perhaps even more constricting than her black one. She tugged at it uncomfortably before straightening her hair in the mirror. She returned to the living quater to retrieve Richard, "Ready?" She asked, placing her hand down on the table next to him.

"Yeah." He responded as he finished buttoning up his military jacket. He climbed up onto her hand and braced himself as it slowly lifted off the table. She set her elbow against her waist and held her hand out in front of her as she made her way towards the ramp.

The docking bay was bustling with activity, allowing Kikata to stroll through without receiving too many odd glances. Humans were a rare sight in this part of the universe, and an even rarer site within military bases. They made their way into a narrow hallway that soon wound its way up a spiraled ramp. At the top there was a door. Kikata leaned forward, her fingers running across a dark pad covered in alien text that Richard did not recognize.

The door slid open smoothly and Kikata entered te dimly lit room. Large desks topped with bright white holograms littered the floor. The Neko's working at each station wore black jumpsuits similar to the one Kikata had worn. She made her way through the office and into another more narrow hall. At the end of this hall there was a brightly lit door. Kikata stopped a few feet short.

A loud voice echoed through the hall. Kikata responded back in her native tongue. A few moments later the door opened. A long white table sat across from them, Kikata set Richard down on the smooth black surface before pulling out a chair for herself. They waited silently in the oval shaped room before the door across from them opened.

Two fully armored Nova Guards stepped out and positioned themselves on either side of the door. Soon an older looking, somewhat heavyset Neko entered the room. His face was easily recognizable as the general Richard had spoke too on the ship.

Kikata went to stand but was stopped as the General raised his hand, he greeted her in their native tongue before turning towards Richard.

"So, we finally get to meet in person. The very first human Guard." He grinned as he sat down in front of them.

"Honorary Guard." Richard said with a nod. He was hard pressed to call himself a guard since he hadn't gone through any official training.

"The ships log sir." Kikata said sliding a small black square across the table.

"Oh yes, thank you Kikata." He said taking the chip into his hands, he twirled it in his fingers for a moment, "I will have our men look it over."

A loud clacking sounded in the hall, a tall and slender woman appeared in the doorway and made her way over to the table. Two brown ears poked through her long brown hair which had a streak of blue dyed down the side that clung to her right cheek. A thin tube of fabric ran up from her upper thighs and clung tightly to her supple bosom. Her fingers delicately gripped the chip, her large brown eyes flicked over to Robert. Her dark red lips curled into a smile. The general said something to her in their native langage. She nodded, still eying Richard for a few more moments. Finally she twirled around and headed back out the door, her hips swaying back and forth, a smooth tail flicking form side to side as she walked.

"Alright." The general started again, "So let me get the story straight. After you picked up Bromwell you received a distress beacon?"

"Correct." Kikata said with a nod.

"Right, and the stories seem to add to the attackers being the very same ones that hit Bromwells camp. Now. We ran the numbers, and this story seems to check out. But we have already discussed this. However, I do have some more information that you might find intriguing."

"Yes?"

The General leaned back in his chair as a swirl of light spread across the table, "This star map pinpoints reports of similar activity." He pointed a hardened finger to a red dot, "These dots here." His finger slid across the map, "Are your two reports."

"And...all of these?" Kikata asked, eyes scanning across the web of red dots, "So many?"

"The first report came in near the end of the last cycle, or about three months ago for you." He said nodding towards Richard, "Before we did not pay much attention, not until your last find."

"The ship?"

"Yes and some insight into their behavior. They are starting to hit larger targets now, ones with real defenses. We were lucky that they did not destroy their fallen ship. I have a feeling this log will be very revealing." The map disappeared off the smooth surface of the table, "It will be some time before we have looked over the content, you will be briefed again once we are ready."

"Yes sir." Kikata said rising to her feet as the General did.

"Oh, the engineers have been working rather hard for your two, make your partnership a little more official. Kina will take you."

"Kina?" Richard asked, but his question was answered as the woman from before re-entered the room. She flashed them a wide smile. Kikata went to lower her hand for Richard but was a little startled to see Kina's hand laying there next to him already. Richard looked over his shoulder and shrugged before climbing onto Kina's hand.

"Hello, I am Kina." She said, her accent a little thicker than the generals or Kikata's, "If you would follow me please." She lifted her hand to her waist before leading them out the door. Kikata shot a cold glare into the back of Kina's head, she was the exact type of woman that she hated to see around base. Always flashing cute smiles and showing off her body in unprofessional uniforms. She was the exact kind of women that would lounge around on the beach all day, the kind of woman that Kikata was supposed to be.
Chapter 8 by Ginbug
Kikata followed Kina down the halls, scoffing at every flick of the hair or little wave she tossed at each passerby. Finally they arrived inside of a large white room.

"Well here we are." Kina said happily, her thin brown tail flicking from side to side. Aside from their different attitudes, Kina was actually a different race of Neko. Kikata was an Alta, defined by their taller and more narrow ears, and the longer fur. Kina was a Fela, her fur much shorter and her ears short and wide. Her tail also had an almost feline appearance, and was much more nimble than Kikata's.

And to add insult to injury, this girl had a higher security clearance than herself! She went through no training, alls she did was look beautiful...perhaps too beautiful. Kikata ignored her jealousy, reminding herself that she was a Guard, those sorts of things didn't matter to her. But how could she not envy a woman who was the very image of Neko beauty. Her face perfectly sculpted, her body perfectly molded, and above all she was a Fela.

"I don't see anything." Kikata mumbled looking around the room.

"Well maybe you should look for something smaller." Kina said, smiling down to Richard, "After all he is the unique one here." She strolled over to a table and set her hand down, letting Richard hop off. "Now, where have those engineers gotten off too?"

"I'm here." A voice called, a frail looking Neko entered the room. He wasn't exactly old, just very thin.

"Good, would you show our guest what you have developed for him?"

The man nodded, "Of course." He almost seemed nervous around her, he probably was. "Richard? Correct?" He asked leaning over the table.

Richard was starting to feel very small under the gaze of the three Neko's. "Yes sir." He responded, his eyes running along the table. A few metal boxes lay side by side, the scientist approached the first, "Well, we heard of your unique pairing almost as soon as it happened, we were lucky that you happened to be re-directed here otherwise it would have been a month before we could have gotten these to your ship."

Kina knelt down beside the table, her large brown eyes flickering onto Richard, "Good, right?" She asked, her accent rather prevalent.

"I guess, though I'm not really sure what these are." He said with a shrug.

Kina laughed, her tail flicking from side to side. Kikata nearly laughed out loud, so it was true. This Fela was hitting on the little human! She folded her arms, "Yes, so what exactly are we getting?"

"Oh, just the basic necessities!" The man said with a grin, "Here we have a fully functional bathing room. We will be able to hook it up to your water supply easily." We will also be installing a more appropriately sized pilots seat that will come with functional joysticks and will be capable of taking over ship control if a need arises."

"Don't get your hopes up Richard." Kikata said with a grin.

"Oh I am sure he is a more than capable man." Kina said, glancing over her shoulder to Kikata before focusing back up at the scientist.

Kikatas eyes narrowed as she seemed to emphasize man. She was probably like all the others, regardless of his size he was still the man in this group, and the more capable Guard.

"Right now we have a few men installing lifts and walkways so you can get around the ship more easily, we have also installed a more size friendly living quarters under one of the beds."

"Sounds good." Richard said, it really did. "Hey Kikata looks like Nova Force is moving up in the world, eh?"

Kikata smiled, "Yes. Before you know it you'll get your own armor." She laughed, now that would be something.

"Actually, he will." The engineer said with a grin. "A few years ago we were working with an Earthen based company to develop more advanced body armor for the Marines, we haven't quite made it out of the testing stage yet. But we do have a prototype available."

"No shit?"

"No...erm what?"

"Never mind. Can I see it?"

"Certainly!" The man said grabbing the small white box. He pressed his fingers in on the side, and with a hiss the cover fell to the ground.

Roberts eyes widened like a small child on christmas...it was...beautiful! "Can...Can I put it on?"

"Oh yes yes put it on!" Kina said excitedly bouncing slightly on her knees.

Kikata tried to remain cold towards Kina but a smile cracked across her lips as she watched Robert approach the box.

"Of course you can put it on, as of now it is fully functional. There are quite a few added features on the human model."

"I like the color." Richard said lifting one of the boots from the case that resembled Kikatas, only it was much smaller. The suit was mostly painted a flat black, there were a few blue patches and streaks.

"Yes, we decided that black was the most optimal for what humans would be most useful, erm by that I mean sneaking around."

"Looks cool." Richard commented setting the boots down on the ground, he mimicked Kikatas routine and stepped into the boot, sure enough the sides clamped down on his ankles and shins. He took the leg armor and stepped inside, likewise it seemed to almost mold itself onto his legs. Next came the chest piece. He pulled the surprisingly light armor over his head, jumping slightly as two metal pieces connected themselves into the leg plates. Next came arms and gloves, they fit together so fluidly and yet he could move as if he wore nothing at all. Finally his new metal fingers gripped the helmet, the visor wasn't a massive glass wall like Kikata's, it was a bit smaller with a hard black shell covering his forehead. He pulled it on.

"Wow." Kikata said kneeling down next to Kina to admire the tiny armored soldier.

"How does it- Oh shit my voice!" He laughed, the similar robotic tone filling his ears.

"You look fierce!" Kina said with a grin.

Kikata shot her another cold glare, what did she know. "Still feel like an honorary Guard?" She asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, I guess this makes it pretty official." He said bouncing slightly on his feet. "Now how do I...oh wait I see." He said starting to thumb his fingers on the holographic display. It would take some time to get used too, but the software was rather self expiatory. He thumbed through the different displays, he was pretty blown away by the one titled targeting. A small number appeared on any object that he focused on, giving him the exact distance.

"Now for the added features." The mans grin widened, "With your small stature we were finally able to install something that just didn't prove feasible for the larger models. On your back there is a personal propulsion device."

"You mean a jet pack?" Richard asked, all of his childhood dreams suddenly coming true.

"Erm. Yes I think that is the more common name for it. It will not sustain flight for very long I am afraid, so you will be making just very long jumps."

"I can live with that." Richard said thumbing through the displays, grimacing as he entered night vision. "So how do I get to this jet pack feature?"

"The fastest way to access your features is through voice command. The propulsion device would be set to Command Five I believe. You can reset the voice commands on your own later."

"I see." Richard said, wondering exactly how to enter in his voice commands. "Command-" Suddenly a new title appeared that read, "Choose command." Richard took a deep breath, "Five." He heard the hiss of an engine behind him, "Uh, now what?"

"Jump."

Richard shrugged and ran forward and leaped into the air. The jet packs suddenly kicked into full force. He let out a loud whoop as he was lifted far off the table, soon the two Neko girls were staring up at him from below. He hadn't noticed the jets had cut out and he slowly reached his peak. His arms flailed in wide circles as he fell back to the earth, "Oh shiii-!" He yelped but before he collided with the ground a powerful burst from his pack slowed his pace dramatically. The jets cut out again and his feet hit the smooth tile floors with a loud clack. His momentum pulled him down into a roll, from which he quickly recovered back to his feet. It would have almost looked purposeful had he not taken a few more shaky steps forward. He spun back towards the three Nekos. Kikata's and Kina's mouth were still open in surprise, but the scientist seemed delighted to see that the suit had functioned correctly.

"That was awesome." Richard said walking back towards the table. He grinned to himself as he decided to test it out one more time, "Command five!" He shouted before leaping back into the air, sure enough the jets carried him up and over Kikata's head. "Oomf!" He grunted as he was suddenly jerked to a stop.

"Gotcha." Kina said with a playful grin, her fingers wrapped around his waist, her eyes suddenly widened, "Ow! OW!" She yelped as she quickly set him down on the table. Her fingers rose to her lips as she sucked on a slightly reddened area.

"Engines tend to get hot." The scientist commented with a slight smile.

Kikata burst into laughter, now Kina shot her a cold glare, "Sorry...Sorry." Kikata finally panted, wiping her eye.

Richard sighed, this alone seemed to make the entire trip worthwhile. He reluctantly removed his armor, placing his new toys back into their case. He stepped back and admired his new suit for a few moments before turning back towards the Neko's.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata and Richard sat at their small round table, watching the team of engineers move around the ship. Kina would return in a few hours when it was time to be briefed once more.

Kikata scoffed, "Kina, huh?" She asked rather hopeful that Richard would share her distaste for the curvy Neko.

"What about her?"

Kikata frowned, "Oh, I don't know...I just get so annoyed by these...erm, I'm not sure of the word. But you know she is always going around the base trying to get all the men to stare her down. It's not professional."

"A sight for sore eyes I imagine..." Richard said somewhat softly, "I don't know she seemed nice."

"Too you maybe. She probably just wants to get you into her pants. Quite literally actually." Kikata said bluntly.

Richard laughed for a few long moments, "That would be something."

"Please don't tell me you would even think about it?"

"I'm sure any man in the universe would." He chuckled.

"Please...she is so...so...generic. She dolls herself up to look like some sort of...poster girl, and that little dress, if it were any thinner you could see right through it!" She shook her head, "I don't see why they bother keeping those damn tramps around base, I mean I work hard to be here, they just show some cleavage and they can do practically anything they want!"

Richard grinned as Kikata ranted, "Someone sounds a bit jealous."

Kikata gasped, "Jealous! Never! Not in a million years would I ever want to stoop down to her level. Besides." She took a deep breath, "I am rather happily engaged anyway."

Richard blinked, "You're, engaged? Like to be married?"

"Well. Yes."

"How has this never come up in conversation?" Richard asked, he wasn't sure if he should be devastated or relieved that Kikata was not available.

She shrugged, "I have been engaged for so long now, I guess it has slipped my mind. He promised we would wait until my Seventeenth Cycle before we were officially wed. In our culture the Seventeenth Cycle is the time when a woman truly passes into maturity. Not many people pay attention to that anymore, but I want it to be special."

"I see." Richard continued, he guessed it was probably for the best. Nothing good could ever come out of any type of sexual relationship in their partnership, especially if anything went wrong. Besides, he wanted to go home after all of this, an alien girl would be fun and unique maybe...but the complications did not seem worth the effort. "Well, is he a cool guy?"

Kikata sat back in her chair, she hadn't seen him in months. She had practically grown up with him, "Yes. I mean of course I do...marriage is not such a light thing in our culture."

"I wish I could say the same thing for ours." Richard said eyes following the engineers as they finally left the ship.

A familiar clacking sounded from outside, soon the tall image of Kina arrived on the ramp, "You will be briefed in about four hours over dinner. I will return again then." She eyed Kikata for a moment before smiling down to Richard. Her gaze held for a few seconds before she turned back down the ramp.

After her loud heels disappeared Kikata laughed, "Yeah..."

"What?"

She shrugged, "It's your body. If you would like to dive head first into such vial place be my guest."

"Well maybe I will. Now that I know I'm not breaking any hearts." Richard said jokingly. Though his mind was in a rather filthy place, what would it be like with such a large woman? Would he even be able to please her at all?

Kikata laughed, "Oh don't flatter yourself now. You're cute. But not that cute."

Richard grinned, "Yeah yeah." He walked over to the side of the table, a small white plastic circle had been added to the side, "I think I'm going to go check out my new stuff." He placed his hand down on the small black pad which illuminated under the heat of his hand, "Hey maybe I can drive the ship later?"

Kikata laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, in your dreams!"
Chapter 9 by Ginbug
Richard admired his little set up under the bed, it came with everything. His own ship computer, bed and desk. It appeared even further down they had made the ship more accessible to the smaller races, a long series of bunk beds lined the wall, ranging in human sizes to slightly larger. A large metal square stood against the wall, his new bathroom. He noticed a large shadow engulf his area and turned to see Kikata laying down before him, her golden eyes scanning the little living area with a smile.

"Nice set up." She commented, her eyes finally setting on him.

"Yeah. I was thinking about calling home. It's been two months since I did it last."

"This would be the place to do it."

Richard walked over to the computer and sat down into the cushioned seat. His hand ran over the touch display, a blue light illuminating beneath him. Called by many names now, the internet was a universal thing...its contents perhaps even more vast than the universe itself. The one place where your size never mattered. He went to his email, his inbox was overloaded. He scrolled down to his contacts, relieved to see that his Mom was online. He hit call.

There was a few seconds of pause and then a sudden burst of sound, "Richard!!!" His mothers familiar voice suddenly blasted through the speakers, her enthusiasm nearly brought tears to his eyes.

He laughed, "Yeah Ma' it's me." He said, smiling as the video display opened.

"Oh my god! I have been worried sick for months now! You are okay? Everything is well?"

"Yeah, everything is pretty good."

"When your officers arrived at my door I nearly died! When can you be home?"

"Not for at least four months. But they got me set up with a pretty good job, I'll live." He chuckled.

"Oh don't joke about that! So...Steven...he is?"

Richard sighed, Steven was his one friend from the camp, "We're not sure. It's a complicated matter. Hey are my brothers home?"

"No, but I will tell them you called." Her eyes shifted over Richards shoulder, "Oh my god I didn't even see you there!"

Richard looked over his own shoulder to see Kikata still looking down at him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She apologized.

"Oh no! Hello!" The voice of Richards mother called out.

Kikata smiled, "Oh hi!"

"So you are his new partner? Hmm?"

"That's right."

"You keep him out of trouble now. He doesn't always think before he leaps."

"I'll be sure to catch him if anything goes wrong." Kikata said with a wink.

"Alright, alright I think I can manage for myself." Richard sighed, "So how are things back on Earth?"

"Not bad. Isaac is doing pretty well in school, and well...David is being David."

"Yeah." Richard laughed, the images of his brothers emerging in his mind.

Kikata herself was starting to feel a little home sick as she listened in on the conversation. It would be another month before she would be stopping by there again. She had nearly forgotten about her husband to be, Runo. She did love him, very much so. Since she was in early schooling they had been together, she sighed...he was the only thing that she felt guilty for, he could have easily taken care of her back home. But he seemed okay to let her go and become a Guard, after all thats what soul mates were for.

"I'm going to grab a shower before dinner. Nice meeting you." She said before pushing herself into her feet.

Richards mom watched the tall legs disappear from view before smiling, "She was cute...and so big!"

Richard laughed, "Yeah, apparently she's engaged to be married soon...or I think soon. She said something about a seventeenth cycle? I really don't understand these alien years yet."

"Oh yeah? Maybe you will get to go to an alien wedding, that would be something huh?"

"I guess."

"Well...I have to go into work soon. Keep safe you hear? And don't go another two months without checking in! Your old mothers heart isn't that strong you know...another pair of military men knocking at my door might give me a heart attack."

"Hush with that ma' you don't look past forty."

"Well still."

"Yeah."

"Okay well." She frowned as she seemed to swallow down some tears.

"Mom please don't get emotional on me." Richard sighed.

"Well I'm sorry if I get a little broken up because my son is in some strange galaxy!"

"I'll be home before you know it. Besides I might be able to retire early with the salary they got me on over here."

She laughed, "That would be nice...maybe go back to school?"

He sighed, "I'll think about it."

"Okay...well...good bye for now, Love you."

"Love you too Ma'." Richard said before hanging up. He shook his head, listening to the sound of pouring water coming from Kikata's bath. He walked over to his own bathroom and entered. A bright white light illuminated the tile bathroom, he couldn't even remember the last time he saw a toilet or a shower. He hung his uniform up on the wall before stepping into the shower.

~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours later Richard found himself lightly bouncing atop Kina's hand winding through the halls of the station. Kikata followed close behind wearing a more formal uniform. Like most of the Neko clothing it clung tightly to her hips, the skirt clinging to her lower thighs. They walked through what appeared to be a large cafeteria, exiting into another hall which led them into a more carefully lighted dining room. The endless white tile floors gave way to red carpet, and the plastic tables and chairs turned to finely decorated wooden furniture. Kina set Richard down in the center of the table next to herself before pulling out her seat. Kikata gave him a small smirk before facing the General.

There was a long pause as the General seemed to put together his thoughts, "You're log proved to be most interesting." He finally said, "We have collected over twenty different locations that directly correlate to the reports gathered over the past couple months. The log contained hundreds of ship to ship dialogs, there is no doubt now that we are dealing with a military force, and not Pirates." The mood grew rather grave as he spoke, "They spoke of revolution and a new universal order. Their intentions are still rather unclear, but what is clear is that they are collecting materials to build some sort of weapon, or army."

"Did you find anything about the prisoners they have been taking?" Richard asked.

"They did not mention the word prisoners, however on multiple occasions they referred to recruits. For instance just minutes before the ship sustained heavy engine damage they received this transmission, this is a rough translation." He cleared his throat, "Kill the wounded or weak, the others will make recruits."

"So...they are using the prisoners in their army?" Kikata asked, chills had run down her spine as the words flowed off her Generals tongue.

"That is what we have concluded."

"So what does this mean for us?" She asked, a rather nervous twinge curling in her gut.

"As of right now you will continue as before. However you are expected to be on a heightened alert, you will have permission to engage the enemy at any time."

"We have declared war?"

"War? No. They are now considered a threat and nothing more, a threat that must be contained before it turns into something." Kina shifted in her seat, she seemed rather out of place in this discussion. "Kina. Go tell them we are ready for our meal."

"Y-Yes sir." She said rising to her feet and exiting the room. A few minutes later she returned and quietly settled back into her seat. Two men followed, gently setting down plates and glasses in front of the Neko's.

"Richard I am afraid we could not find any smaller plates so you might have to share...I apologize."

"It's fine." He assured him.

"I don't mind sharing." Kina offered with a smile.

"Well then, problem solved."

Richard watched as a small container was lowered next to him, looking like a large glass jar. "This is my glass?"

"Correct, sir." The waiter said with a bow before leaving the room. The smell of the food wafted into Richards nostrils, his mouth watering at the scent. He could hardly believe his eyes, the steaks were larger than cars! And they were steaks! Real, cut straight from the cows, or what ever monstrous creature these came from, side! No added water or chemicals. And real vegetables, not tiny little frozen slices!

Kina giggled as she lifted her knife to cut off tiny little sections for Richard, pushing them to the edge of her plate where he now waited.

"Thanks." He said, feeling a little brutish using his hands...but hey what other choice did he have? They managed to fill his tiny glass with a sweet smelling green liquid, the Neko equivalent to wine. The mood lightened as they changed the subject, Richard got a little lost as they spoke of some Neko politics. The conversation shifted to Kikata's engagement, and then back to politics, and then to Earth life, and then to Neko culture.

About an hour in the General rose to his feet, "I am sorry but my job only allows me so much time for conversing, I need to catch my ride back to Teralist in about two hours. It was a pleasure meeting you, Richard.

"The pleasure is mine sir." Richard said with a tip of his glass. With that the general left them alone. They sipped quietly on their drinks for a few minutes, "So." Richard said breaking the silence, "How did you land this job Kina?"

Kina shrugged, "I went to advanced schooling for, um." She struggled a moment to think of the english words, "Government relations? Does that sound right?"

"Sure."

"Yes, well I did that and then...well...I landed a job here." She said with a smile.

"So what do you even do?" Kikata asked, her attempt to sound interested perhaps falling a little short.

"Oh, well simple stuff really. Run papers, make calls, set up meetings."

"So your a secretary?"

"Well...I have more responsibility than that. But yes, I suppose that is sort of what I do." Her eyes darted between Kikata and Richard as she idly twirled her glass. "So um. How is it to be on such an odd pairing?"

Kikata shrugged, "It seems to be working okay for now. Little Richard here will come in handy when we run into some smaller creatures."

Kina smiled, "I am sure. And for you?" She asked to him.

"Interesting to say the least. However I do feel rather helpless at times being so small in these parts." He admitted. He lifted his large cup to his lips and took a drink, coughing a little as the liquid rushed a little too quickly into his throat.

"I see. You two have already caused quite a buzz around here." She flashed a toothy grin, "A human in the Guard is a pretty big deal, I hope you can live up to the expectations."

"The expectations?" Richard asked, what could they possibly expect from him? He looked up to Kikata who just rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Don't you know how famous you human soldiers are? Why a new picture comes out every week just about!"

"Ah. Kikata filled me in on that a little. Well hopefully I don't disappoint."

"Hopefully we don't get the chance to disappoint." Kikata added.

"Oh, I think he will do just fine." Kina said softly, she sipped on her drink lightly, her tongue slipping out over her lips as she swallowed.

Kikata gulped down the last of hers, "Okay well I think I will head to sleep."

"So early? It's hardly nine!" Kina pouted playfully.

"Well I still got quite a bit of drink left." Richard commented, not quite ready to set it down.

"Me as well." Kina said, she smiled, "But I can return you back to your ship when we are finished." Her brown eyes flickered playfully between the two.

Kikata shrugged, what did she care? "Okay then. Just don't be loud when you come back." She set her glass on the table and rose to her feet. Richard watched as she left the room before looking back up to Kina.

"So then there were two." He said taking a drink from his glass.

Kina giggled, "Yes." She looked around the table, "Would you like to keep talking elsewhere? They probably want to clean this place up."

Richard cleared his throat, "Um. Sure." He said with a nod, he actually grew a little nervous as a wide grin spread across her lips. He wondered what it was he was getting himself into here. The Neko gently placed her hand down next to him, a playful gleam in her eye. "Thanks." He said climbing on, he sat down on her palm and held his oversized cup between his knees.

"Certainly." She gently rose to her feet, her arm raising at a ninety degree angle so she could hold her hand out like a platform under her chin just over her chest. Richard held his gaze high as they walked, though could see her bountiful bosom quivering slightly with each loud step. She brushed the blue strand of hair from her eye, her smiling gaze almost always focused on him. "So are you enjoying your stay here?"

"It's nice." He said, "A nice change from the small military camps."

"You know I practically run this place."

"Is that so?"

"Yes when the general is not here I am the one who hands out the orders."

"Well you keep the place nicely."

"Thank you." She said tossing her hair. "Okay this is it." She stopped before a tall door. She pressed her hand against a smooth pad, a light beep sounded and the door slid open. As she stepped inside the lights flickered on, the door slid shut. She set Richard down on the table and walked over to a wide bed. Everything looked so nice, far from the meager bunk beds and plain white walls of the ship.

"Nice place." Richard commented looking around, he watched as she removed her tall heels. She tossed them carelessly aside before walking towards the table. She went to lift him back up, he noticed the little red mark on her finger, "Finger alright?"

"Yes thank you." She commented, "I felt rather silly after that one." Her fingers gently pressed into his side before she swiftly carried him to her bedside table. She lowered herself down with a sigh, leaning her head back against her pillow for a few moments before rising again. "I've got some more of that Velaru." She said walking over to a cabinet, "Or I've got a few other things."

"I'm not really familiar with you're drinks so what ever." Richard called eyeing his empty jar. The stuff wasn't that strong really.

"Hm. I bought some of this stuff last time I was on Teralist, at a human shop. They call it...um...Beer?"

Richard perked up, "They sell beer?"

"Yes. Would you like some?"

"I have been dying for one."

"It is popular on earth?" She asked carrying over a tall bottle.

"Very." He watched as Kina fumbled with the cap,

"Um." She complained, her cheeks reddening slightly.

"Oh you don't have a bottle opener?"

"Whats that?

"Just a little metal thing that you use to pop those tops." He said making the motions in his hands.

"No...we don't have tops like these usually...I don't see why they make them like this." She said, sounding a bit frustrated.

"Here I know a trick." Richard said walking towards the edge, "Put the edge of the cap here."

Kina eyed him for a moment then set the bottle down horizontally on the edge of the table, "Like this?"

"No, downwards, so you can pry the top off."

"Oh. I see." She said turning the bottle down. She pulled downwards, growing a little more flustered.

"Smack the top, kind of hard." He said backing away from the bottle.

"Okay." She said, slamming her palm on the top. Her eyes brightened as she heard a loud pop, the cap tumbling to the ground, "I did it!" She cheered gleefully. She brought the bottle to her lips, her brow furrowing as the liquid touched her tongue. "Oh...it's kind of bitter?"

"Yeah." Richard said, "You sort of need an acquired taste."

"I see." She blinked, "Rather strong too? You humans are crazy." She added with a grin. She climbed back onto her bad so she was laying down facing him. She held the bottle towards him.

"Thanks." Richard commented as the bottle tipped slowly towards him, he watched a large splash fill it halfway, the next sent a pillar of foam up and over the edge.

"Oops!" She laughed watching some spill out onto the table.

"Yeah sorry." Richard apologized stepping out of the puddle.

"It's no big deal, hardly even a droplet." She smiled, "So...what do you really think of this Kikata girl?" She took another sip of her beer.

"I like her." Richard said, knowing he was treading on some dangerous questions...why did woman insist on asking them? "She is a cool person."

"Oh yeah...so have you guys done anything fun on your little trip together?" She asked with a giggle.

"Well, other than the distress signal nothing but wasting time. Taught her how to play some card games."

"Mmm. Is that all?"

Richard chuckled, "Yeah thats about it."

"So I guess she is rather faithful." A small smile crossed her lips.

"Oh you meant like that." He commented, not really surprised, "Yeah, I guess so. But that doesn't surprise me, she seems to be very by the books."

"Kind of boring if you ask me." Kina said with a shrug.

"She is a good person." Richard said.

"I suppose. But sexuality is such a silly thing. If you ask me I would say that people take it a little too seriously." She tilted the bottle back a little further, Richard watched as her throat bobbed up and down. She lowered the bottle with a gasp, "Wow. This stuff is pretty strong." She blinked a few times as she swallowed again.

"If you say so." Richard laughed taking a drink from his own.

"About the beer or what I said before?"

"Both I guess. I mean some people think that having a single partner is pretty important."

Kina shrugged again, "But why? I mean don't get me wrong, I don't go around sleeping with anyone that catches my eye. But sex is fun. Besides I know most men would agree with me, girls like Kikata are only setting themselves up to be hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if her Fiance has fooled around behind her back. I mean they have been engaged for how long? And dating even longer? Tell me that wouldn't drive you crazy!"

"Well me personally? Yeah I guess it would."

Kina shook her head, "Yeah, but lets not continue to talk behind her back. You're right, she is a good girl and I respect her. Though I have a feeling thats not mutual." She sighed, "Her eyes practically burned a hole in the back of my head!" She giggled.

"I couldn't imagine why." Richard said taking another long drink. It was obvious where the conversation was going. He felt a playful gaze staring down at him from behind Kinas lifted bottle.

"You are so cute with that glass." She laughed after setting the empty bottle down.

Richard nearly groaned. He was starting to hate this adorableness that seemed to be paired with humans. He watched as she scrambled out of bed to retrieve another bottle. There was a stumble to her step...a true lightweight. Admittedly they did brew this beer really strong.

"You're still not done?" She gasped playfully smacking the bottle cap. She slapped it a few more times before it popped. She fell backwards as a sudden shower of foam billowed out of the bottle. She squealed in surprise, wiping her face. She glared playfully at Richard as he nearly doubled over laughing. "Funny hm? Here let me fill your glass." She got to her knees and tipped the bottle over his head.

"What-?!" He suddenly was rained down on by a shower of beer. He coughed, his clothes soaking in the stuff, "Not my fault." He grumbled shaking his arm. He shook his head as Kina laughed, "Now we have to clean up a mess."

"Oh? That wont be too hard." She said placing the bottle on the table. She brought her face near him, he could feel the warmth of her skin radiating around him now. She smiled as she tilted her head down, her lips pressing into the table. He stepped back as he felt a rush of liquid running past his feet. She smiled down at him as she leaned back, her tongue running across her lips.

"Impressive." He said with a chuckle.

"I thought so." She grinned, "You look a little dirty yourself."

"Is that so?" He asked, he took another step back but was stopped by a large finger. There seemed to be no avoiding it now, but did he really want to anyway?

"Yes." She said with a nod. She leaned her head forward towards him. A hot wave of air flowed through his hair as her lips approached. The soft skin pressed into and around him gently. She held for a moment before sucking in playfully, he could feel the fabric of his shirt lifting off his soaking chest. She pulled away, "Dry?"

He felt himself, "Still kind of wet."

She laughed , her fingers gripping his sides as she walked over towards her bed. She sat down and pulled her legs up and over the edge, "I like you, Human." She grinned, "I know the other Neko woman will be jealous." She rolled onto her stomach and set him flat against her palm.

~ ~ (for those who like to keep it clean avert your gaze now) ~ ~

Kina lowered her lips onto Richard again, humming playfully as she started to slowly lap at his wet clothes, not helping his cause very much as she did. "Mmm...I could get drunk off of you." She whispered between licks.

Richard wasn't sure how he felt about the strange sensations, he was unquestionably aroused as the massive tongue swept over his body over and over, it was just so strange. After a few minutes of "kissing" She rose to her knees. She reached behind her back and slowly unzipped her dress, sighing as the tight fabric loosened. Her tail flicked from side to side, once again reminding him of what he was about to do with an alien woman. His jaw nearly dropped as the dress fell from her chest, she seemed to notice and grinned even wider, "I'd suggest you do the same if you want to keep your clothes dry." She said with a giggle. Her bluntness was surprisingly attractive...and a little frightening as he wondered exactly what it was they were about to do. She tossed her dress aside, her body looming over him now. Her figure was flawless and youthful, as if she had never before been touched by a man.

Richard tossed his own clothes aside. Watching as the mountain of flesh set down beside him, her hand swept under him, carrying him in front of her. Her brown eyes focused on him excitedly, "You look a little worried?"

Richard shifted in her hand, "Well...you are a lot of woman for someone who is erm-"

"Shh." She hushed him leaning in for another lick...apparently Nekos use their tongues a little more than humans when kissing, "Don't be worried, this is just in good fun." She smiled as she set him down onto her chest, "Now, I too am a bit confused as to where we should start? But you do sort of look like a little explorer down there...my body a landscape for you!" She bit her lip, eyes following him as he knelt down on her chest, his hands ran over the smooth skin, quite literally a hill of flesh!

Kina laid onto her back, waiting excitedly as he stepped down between her breasts. She playfully pressed them together, slowly and gently, "Oops!" She giggled again.

Richard was suddenly lost in heaven, two warm walls engulfed him for a few long seconds before he saw light once more. The massive breasts lead down to a long stretch of taunt stomach, her legs rising in the distance like mountains. Her fingers trailed next to him as he continued to trek across her body, his eyes finally fell on his ultimate goal.

"I'll be gentle." He heard her voice call from behind, "Don't be afraid to venture inside." Her arm swept over his head. His hand brushed across its surface as he followed it down her lower stomach, her fingers dipped inside, opening herself for him.

"This is it." He muttered to himself. The warmth of her body increased as he approached her sex, its pink walls glistened in the bright white lights. He knelt down, watching as liquid flowed over her finger that slipped inside before him. She hummed as his hand ran across the slick flesh. He recalled Kikata's words from before briefly, as he was quite literally about to fulfill them. However he would describe this as anything but vial.

Kina gasped, the tiny human suddenly slipping inside of her. Her thumb reached down and helped him completely inside. His squirms slipped deeper, her legs shutting in delight and her back arched as her hand pumped back and forth slowly. He was completely lost inside of her! The idea aroused her even more, humans, the tiny heart throb of the universe, and she had one squirming within her! She never wanted it to end but he was almost too successful with his squirming, little did she know they were somewhat random. She panted quietly, "Oh my god..." She said to herself in her native tongue. She eventually slipped the human back out into the fresh air, he too seemed rather spent.

"You...like it?" He said between deep breaths, "Man its hot in there." He nearly yelped out loud as he was brought back to her lips. Her tongue licked him relentlessly as she rolled back to her stomach. "I take that as a yes." He managed to blurt out.

"Oh Richard, you have no idea." She smiled at him, "Now its my turn." She lowered back down her tongue twirling between his legs for a moment, she had read up a little on how to do this in her spare time.

Richard was surprised to see her lips suddenly open over him, her tongue curling behind his back before pulling him upwards into her mouth. He was inclosed into darkness as he was swirled around by the slick and nimble muscle. It's soft yet bumpy surface sending shivers down his spine. He was spun onto his stomach, arms gripping her tongue for dear life as his back suddenly collided with the hard palate. She began to slide him back and forth, her tongue slipping under him and sending wildly pleasurable sensations through his body. This continued to be perhaps the most sexual and strange few long moments of his life.

~ ~ (safe now) ~ ~

Kina watched him with a smile as he slipped back into his underwear, she preferred to remain nude as she pulled the covers over her waist. "Well that was fun." She said with a smile.

"I'd say." He let her fingers grip him. She set her down onto her palm and rolled onto her side. She nestled her head down into the pillow down next to him, "So just fun right? No silly strings or anything like that?"

"That would be perfect." He said with a sigh, men on earth often dreamed of girls like this.

"Good. I wouldn't like anything to muddy up our friendship. As long as you are available I will play with you." She smiled as she reflected on it. "Just don't tell anyone. Daddy might get mad." She giggled.

Richard blinked, "Um...Daddy?"

She smiled at him, "The General."

"He's your father?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course he is! How do you think I got this job? And this room?"

"I thought you went to school for it? Or something."

"I did. But no one gets a job like this out of school!" She laughed, "You're cute." She rolled onto her back, "I'll let you get the nice bed tonight." She said placing him between her breasts. "Night night." She sighed, closing her eyes.

Richard set his head down against the soft skin, "Oh fuck..." He whispered quietly. He should have realized this earlier. It all made sense now, but it was too late. He had gone and slept with a very high ranking mans daughter, a man who also happened to be his boss. So much for no silly strings.
Chapter 10 by Ginbug
Richard awoke slowly, his body surprisingly warm. He lifted his head, a little confused as he seemed to rise and fall every few moments. His eyes opened, he gazed upwards to two large tan hills that rose on either side of him. The memories of last night flooded into his head. He rose to his feet, leaning back against her breast as he stretched his back. He felt a large movement beneath him, "Oh no." He mumbled. He turned to run but it was too late as Kina rolled to her side. The breast to his side was soon beneath him, the large warm mass of the other gently pressing around him. He heard a giggle from outside of the fleshy confines.

"Finally awake?" He heard her muffled voice call to him. She rolled onto her back and sat up, letting Richard sit comfortably between her breasts. She let out a wide yawn, "How are you feeling?" She asked with a grin.

"Fine. Yourself?"

"Mmm. I feel great." She said with a wide smile. Her eyes shifted over to her clock and then back to Richard. "It's still early."

"You made it seem like I slept through the afternoon." He groaned, running his hands through his hair. He grunted as his sides were pinched between a gentle thumb and forefinger. Her brown eyes focused on him for a few moments before she slowly turned to her stomach and set him down on the pillow before her, "You're worried about my father, aren't you?"

"A little." Richard admitted.

She smiled, "Theres really nothing to worry about. I wont tell, you wont tell. No one else will know." She lowered her lead towards him, her tongue snaking out and giving a playful lap against his stomach. "Once more? It will be a lonely couple months I imagine." She said with a grin.

Richard stood silently, debating in his mind, but she seemed to answer for him as her fingers gripped his boxer shorts and pulled them down.

He felt her lips press into him softly, her tongue slipping around him skillfully, "Come on." She whispered, "Just for fun."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata slept soundly, she had not realized how tired she had been. She awoke sometime in the early afternoon, her arm dangling off her bed and a small pool of drool kissing her cheek. She groaned as she sat up, placing her feet on the ground. Her keen ears picked up a quiet hissing coming form below, she bent over and saw the door closed on Richards bathroom. She nearly fell out of bed as she got up, stretching her back and giving a wide yawn. She checked under the bed once more before slipping out of her clothes and into her black jumpsuit.

Richard washed himself off vigorously, much as he had the first day he met Kikata. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." He muttered to himself. Why did that Kina have to be so intoxicatingly beautiful? Kikata was sure to give him a hard time about this one. The first time was understandable, how should he have known? But this morning he was fully sober and fully aware. He shut the water off and grabbed his towel. His eyes fell on the black jumpsuit that had come with his new armor, similar to Kikata's in some ways. It had a few extra areas of padding, and wasn't quite as figure hugging as hers. He tried it on, looking himself over in the mirror. He wasn't really thrilled with the looks. He removed the suit and pulled on the generic sweat pants and t-shirt instead.

He stepped outside to see Kikata's legs folded over one another sitting at the table, the clanking of utensils sounding through the ship. He walked over to the small circular platform and laid his hand down on the pad. The elevator rose slowly to the top of the table, Kikata's golden eyes falling on him with a slight smile.

"I see sleeping beauty is finally awake." He said stepping onto the table.

She nodded as she spooned up another scoop of what ever it was that she was eating, some sort of Neko cereal. "I've got more if your hungry."

"No I ate already." He said sitting down next to her.

"So. Have a fun time with Kina last night?" She asked with a grin.

"You could say that. But I feel like someone should have told me that she was the Generals daughter a little earlier." He commented with a sigh.

Kikata laughed, "Oh right. Yeah sorry about that." She eyed him for a moment, "So I guess you means you did it?"

Richard sighed, no use denying, "Yeah. You know she isn't that bad. Just sort of wild I guess."

Kikata laughed, "I see her feminine charm has worn off on you?"

"It's not that. The girl is very beautiful, I'll give her that. She could probably get anything she wants out of a man." Kikata rolled her eyes, "But she just has some interesting world views, I mean she's not that dull."

"I still can't see it." Kikata scoffed taking another bite of her meal.

"She knows how you feel about her, but she told me she still respects you."

"Hmph." Kikata huffed as she chewed.

"I don't know, I wont get into it. Whats done is done."

"I'll say. So how was it?" Kikata asked, legitimately a little curious.

"She seemed to enjoy it. And I'd say it was pretty incredible, a little strange but I guess nothing all that new to me...aside from the sexual part."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you know, being completely inside of someone."

"Oh that." Kikata said with a grin, "I would admit it's pretty cool on our end. I mean how often can you say-" They were interrupted as a loud beeping sounded through their ship. They shared a quick glance before she laid her hand down before him. Richard hopped on, Kikata swiftly carrying him towards the cockpit. She scanned the panel for a moment before she noticed the small chair just under the window on top of her display.

Richard hopped off her hand and leaned back into his chair, "This is a lot better than the cup holder."

"Blocks my view a little." Kikata's voice called from behind.

"Yeah right." Richard called back, Kikata just laughed. He watched on his own display as Kikata brought up the signal.

"This can't be right."

"What about it?" Richard asked, struggling to take in all the information before him.

"The signal is coming from just outside of the atmosphere. This is coming from one of our own ships!" Kikata ignited the engines, her hands nervously clutching the joysticks, "Okay are you ready?"

"Ready." Richard said with his eyes plastered to the glass window. The chair vibrated slightly as the ship rose into the air, the white world outside coming into view as they rose out of the docking bay. The atmosphere started to darken as they flew higher and higher, soon a small blip in the distance appeared.

"There it is." Kikata said quietly, her ship was one among many approaching the distressed vehicle. Neko voices called through the radio.

"What are they saying?" Richard asked his finger pressed into his headset.

"They are just asking for a response."

"And?"

"None yet."

Kikata followed closely behind a line of ships that were all heading for the darkened vessel. The ships came to a halt for a few long minutes, no lights visible within the seemingly abandoned ship.

"I don't like this."

"Me neither, this seems fishy."

"Seems what?" Kikata asked with a raised brow.

"Strange, suspicious." Richard chuckled back.

"Oh yes. I agree."

"So what are we waiting for?"

"They are still calling out to the ship. In a few minutes they will board it."

"There has to be someone in there, I mean someone had to trigger that beacon?"

Kikata nodded silently, her eyes narrowing as two Guard ships approached the vessel. One circled around behind the ship, it's air lock reaching out towards the others. The second ship hovered just outside of the ships cockpit, a white light shining inside.

The Nova Guard in the first ship pulled on his helmet as he walked into the air lock. He hoisted a large black cannon in front of him as the doors opened. He stepped inside, the radio had fallen silent. "Guard 00543?" He called out the owner of this ships number. There was no response. The ship was only illuminated by the bright white light of the ship that hovered in front of them, the long shadow of the pilots seat running down the length of the ship. He took another step forward, his foot sliding slightly. His helmet turned down, stepping back as his eyes fell on a dark pool of liquid. He followed the trail to the living quarters. "Oh no."

"Whats happening?" Richard asked.

"They...They found the body." Kikata whispered, the airways had become very tense.

The Guard approached the body that had been strung up on the bunk beds, hanging with it's arms stretched outwards. A metal hand reached forward, a note had been pinned to the dead mans chest. "To...new beginnings?" He read aloud. His eyes shifted to a single blinking light coming from behind the body. He crouched down eyeing the large box. His eyes widened.

"Whats that supposed to-" Kikata was cut off as a sudden white flash erupted in front of them. The vessel splintered into thousands of shards, the ship that had been hovering in front of it spun slowly away from the explosion, a hot blue flame spilling from its hull. The other Guard ships backed away from the scene, the radio suddenly alive with chatter. Then after a scream over the radio the damaged ship blinked out of sight.

"What the hell is going on?!" Richard said looking around at the chaotic scene.

"It was a trap. And that ship just malfunctioned, we need to follow it."

"But what about our job? Aren't we supposed to go back to patrol-"

"No. This is our job." Kikata said sternly. She located the ships location and entered the coordinates into the computer. "Strap in." And within a few moments everything turned to a blur.
Chapter 11 by Ginbug
Richards head was pressed firmly into his seat, but it was better than the cup holder. "Are we gaining on it?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"No. But it's engines will run out of power soon."

"And ours?"

"Well...hopefully not ours." Kikata said with a smile, though she was a little nervous of what might happen if something went wrong out here. If they weren't able to make a jump it would take months to get back home. Her eyes flickered down onto her display, "Hey, um. Are you reading this?"

"Reading what?"

"Look on your proximity detector."

"My what?"

"The little circle on your display."

"Oh." Richards eyes searched his display for a few moments until he located it, "Yeah. What about it?"

"Do you see that little mark, not very far from our ship." Kikata said fingering the small yellow blip on her map, it was traveling along side them, "I think we might have company."

"Do you think one of the other ships jumped as well?"

"Not one of ours at least. This is just coming up as a mass, I'm not picking up any electronics or radio signals at all."

"A comet?"

"Too fast."

They fell silent as they both watched the small blip move across their maps. Richard strained in his chair to try and catch a view of it. "What is that?" He muttered quietly as the large mass came into view. It was much smaller than their ship, but it nearly looked like one. Two dark gray wings jutted out from either side, the body of the ship was thin and almost human like. "Wait...no really what is that?!" Richard asked trying to push himself off his seat to see.

"I-I'm not sure." Kikata stammered, if her eyes weren't tricking her she would have said that it was some sort of living creature. Sure enough it's dark gray colored head turned towards them, its glowing eyes focusing on them for a moment before turning forward once more.

"It just looked at us!" Richard nearly screamed. He had never seen something so strange in his life...and this was coming from a man who has seen the inside of more than one orifice of a living creature. Their ship came to a halt, a large blue planet coming into view. The gray creature continued towards it.

"The signal is coming from that planet." Kikata said, "And that thing is moving right towards it."

"Maybe we are both following the same signal?" Richard offered, watching as the figure appeared smaller and smaller in the distance. He lost sight of it in the high clouds as the breached the atmosphere. A lush green landscape lay beneath them, Kikata hot on the trail of the signal. Their ship lowered down into a grassy field, smoke billowing up from behind the tree line.

"Well...here it is." Kikata sighed, her eyes scanning the surrounding landscape for a moment. The trees seemed to be near the same size as the ones back home, though their thin trunks and winding branches were very different from the thick rooted trees on Teralist. She helped Richard out of his seat and then climbed down the ladder. "Get ready, quickly." She ordered before walking over to her own armor.

Richard obeyed, excited that he would get to use his armor so soon. He pulled on his helmet and then approached his container of weaponry, "Hmm." He hummed aloud.

"What are you doing?" Kikata's voice echoed through his radio, her robotic tone also audible.

"I'm selecting a gun." He said bluntly. His eyes fell onto a rather simple looking cannon, about the length of his arm.

"Do you really need a gun?" She sighed.

"Hey there were big trees out there." He said hoisting it off the rack. The weapon fired large metal shells similar to RPG shells, only with a little more armor piercing punch. "This will do nicely." He commented before walking to Kikata's feet.

Kikata laughed as she lowered herself so she could pick him up, "Very scary." She pinched his sides and rose to her feet, placing the tiny metal soldier on top of her own armor.

"I'm like a turret." Richard laughed as they exited the ship.

Kikata shook her head, trying to force herself back into a serious mind set. "I'm not picking up another Nova Guard here, not surprising I doubt he was in his armor. That is his ship in those trees though, that I am sure of." She made her way across the grassy field, the trees looming over head.

"They got trees this big where you come from?"

"Bigger." She laughed, pushing some brush out of her way as she entered the forest. "The air is breathable here." She said, "But best to stay in our armor for now."

"I would hope so, this stuff is so cool!"

"Alright. Time to get serious." She sighed as the thick smoke became visible. She pulled her way through the forest, the husk of the ship appearing in a small clearing. Trees and debris lay scattered around the fallen ship, but the ship seemed otherwise unharmed. She made her way towards the landing ramp, groaning as it appeared to be pinned shut by a large rock. She circled the ship again, heading towards the cockpit.

"Holy shit." Richard muttered, the glass cover appeared to be completely torn off.

"This can't be good." Kikata sighed, knowing that if the window had blown off during the crash there was little chance the Guard survived. She ran her fingers across the metal surface, three deep rivits seemed to tear through the hull like claw marks.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Richard asked eyeing over the scratches.

"You think that thing we saw did this?"

"Yeah that's what I was thinking." They both jumped at a sudden moment behind them. Richard held onto Kikata's armor tightly as she spun around. There it was! The creature almost looked like a Neko aside from its completely furred body. Two large wings hung from its back. They shared a long, curious stare, the creature seemed as wary of them as they were of it.

"Should I shoot?" Richard finally whispered, remaining completely motionless on Kikata's shoulder.

"No don't shoot you idiot." She sighed, clearly this was not the creature that tore open the ship, had it been any creature at all. It stood a good bit taller than Kikata, but she was not exactly a tall Neko. The creature lifted its hand, "I think it's asking us to follow?" She commented, glancing at Richard for a moment. She stepped forward as the creature turned the other way.

The path through the forest was calming, tranquil even. Kikata's visor slid open as she followed the dark creature through the forest, finally ending up onto a clearly cut path. She wanted to ask questions but the man, if she could call it that, surely did not speak their languages. She tried anyway, "Um, hello?" She called after it, she repeated hello numerous times in other languages, but only caught odd glances from over his shoulder. She frowned, following silently for the rest of the trip.

"So what is this place?" Richard asked looking around, he would almost describe the vegetation as oriental or tropical, had he been on Earth.

"I don't know, this area is uncharted." She said quietly, she had absorbed herself into the surroundings, feeling strangely at peace.

"Huh. Of all the galaxies eh?"

"Yes. Well....they say most is uncharted still." Her eyes widened as they fell onto a massive building. The roof was tall and curved sharply inwards as it rose. The creature stepped up a short flight of stairs, it's muscles flexing as it pushed away at a tall, sliding door. Once again creating an almost asian image in Richards mind. Kikata followed him inside, surprised to see how wide open it was, dwarfing even him. The creature sat down, it's eyes studying Kikata for a moment, but shifting away quickly as Kikata's golden eyes met his, he almost seemed nervous.

There was a sudden tremble to the earth, loud and droning thumps filled the air. The creature did not seem nervous so Kikata let out a long sigh as she waited for what ever was coming. This all seemed so surreal, within an hour of landing on an uncharted planet they had found themselves inside of an aliens home, a possible first contact! Kikata was drawn back to the real world as a massive wall at the far end of the room shook. And as if by magic the massive wall slid away, what stood behind it left Kikata and Richard speechless.

A female creature stood in the doorway, next to her stood the Nova Guard dressed in his black jump suit, a white bandage wrapped around his shoulder. His head did not even reach over her waist!

"She has to be over five hundred feet tall!" Richard whispered

"At least." Kikata murmured. The creature could be described as almost feline in appearance, her body covered mostly in a light tan coat of fur. A long and very thick tail hung behind her, it's fur a dark black at the base and near the tip it grew a clean white. Her ears too, feline in appearance, were black near the base and mostly white reaching up to the tips. Long white hair flowed from the top of her head, reaching down behind her neck and past her shoulders. A black shirt like fabric hung over her unusually massive bossom. Her turquoise colored eyes peered out from behind a short nose, a slight smile visible across her lips.

"Welcome." Her soft voice echoed through the home, "I see Across has led you to us?"

"Y-You speak our language?" Kikata asked, removing her helmet.

"I have come across it before." She said, slowly lowering herself to a seated position.

Richard removed his own helmet, pinning it against his waist, "We actually followed him from space." Richard said, still hardly able to believe what he had seen.

Across suddenly jumped back, apparently he had not noticed the tiny human earlier. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, but he seemed to collect himself after a few moments. He said something towards the giant creature.

"He says he is sorry for the outburst, you will have to excuse him he is kind of shy." She laughed quietly, "I am sorry I did not introduce myself. I am Midnight, and this is my son Across." She said tipping her head towards the winged creature, "I will have to translate for him, if he ever gets up the courage to speak." She laughed again, "But back to why I imagine you have come here. I discovered your friends ship shortly after it landed, I could sense he was in danger so I collected him and brought him here, he is doing good."

"Yes I am." The male Neko spoke up, stepping away from Midnights side, "Fiscious, by the way, you can call me Fisc. I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality." He said with a nod before seating himself next to Kikata.


"I am glad then." Midnight said, "Will you be staying here?" She asked somewhat hopefully, "We do not receive many guests."

"Well...it will be another couple of days before our engines are ready to return home."

"Then stay with us! I assure you we are more than happy."

"That sounds fine with me." Fisc chimed in, "It seems rather peaceful here."

"Yes. It really is." Kikata said in an almost dreamlike state.

"Good thing you guys came though, I was worried I would be lost out here."

"And you managed to hit this planet." Richard added.

Midnight smiled, "Everything happens for a reason." She leaned back on her hands, her immense bossom lifting slightly as she let out a long, peaceful sigh.

"Could we move our ships closer? We will need to gather what we can from Fiscious's ship and put it on ours, I assume it will not be up and running any time soon, if at all."

"You may land your crafts where ever you like." Midnight said, her eyes remaning closed. They flickered open and focused on Across, she spoke to him softly, "He will help you carry what ever you need, he's got strong arms."

"I can see that." Kikata said, nearly blushing as she admired the strange yet somehow alluring creature. He seemed almsot mystical.

An hour later the party was off, preparing themselves for an extended stay in this new planet. It seemed almost impossible that it could have remained hidden for so long.
Chapter 12 by Ginbug
Richard watched somewhat helplessly as they made their way through the forest, the last couple necessary items from Fisc's ship in hand, or in Across's case the entire Nova Armor case held up on his shoulder. "Maybe I should have hung back." He mumbled, not liking the fact that he was pretty useless.

Kikata shrugged, not realizing that the movement nearly toppled Richard to the ground, "You got a nice view of the scenery."

The three giants made their way back into Kikata's ship, the living quarters feeling a little cluttered with all of the extra items. Richard plopped down into his piolets seat, "I'm driven." He called back, wondering how hard it could possibly be.

"You will certainly not be driving." She retorted as her fingers ran across the display

"Aw c'mon Kikata, let the man drive!"

Kikata grumbled, but eventually allowed it, "Fine. Fine. But my hands will be on the sticks."

"Awesome." Richard said facing back towards his own display. "Now what do I do?"

Kikata slowly led him through the processes, igniting the engines, setting up the controls, and finally lift off. "Don't pull on the controls, let them flow smoothly otherwise-" She screamed a little as the ship tilted a little too far backwards, "Easy! Easy! That is exactly what I'm talking about. Level it out!"

"Do a flip!"

"Shut up Fisc, don't give him ideas!" Kikata groaned, her neck straining to watch Richard down below.

"Okay I got it, now where do I go?"

"It's over there. I can see the roof from here." She said pointing towards a small red object in the distance, "Now tip the nose down slightly, we're not racing there!" She ordered, half expecting Richard to run them straight into the ground. But oddly enough the ship coasted smoothly over the tree line towards Midnights home, though Across seemed a little on edge, his hands tightly gripping the circular table as they flew.

"This is easy!" Richard laughed, "Hey where are the guns on this thing?"

"Yeah I'll keep that on a need to know basis." Kikata retorted quickly. Her eyes fell on the house, a large grassy clearing spread around it, "Okay now I think I should probably-"

"No I got it." Richard said, his arms pulling the sticks back gently, "Just like going up right?"

"Gently..." Kikata groaned, watching the ship start to slowly descend.

"Yeah yeah." Richard called back watching the ground rise infront of them. He felt the ship jerk slightly, "There. Easy as-" The ship bumped as it finally set down on the grass, "Oh, guess I wasn't done landing yet." He chuckled. He turned back towards Kikata as she glared at him. "Hey come on it wasn't that bad."

She just rolled her eyes and carried him back into the now cramped living quarters. "Okay, well I'm going to get out of this armor finally." She eyed the three men, "Some privacy would be appreciated."

"Well I got my clothes already on, so I'll see ya guys back inside." Fisc said, "Come on bud lets go." He said towards Across, whose eyes were still staring around the ship in wonder. He tapped him on the shoulder and waved his hand, motioning for him to follow. Across rose to his feet, a good two heads taller than the Neko male.

Kikata watched as they exited the ship, "And you need to get changed too." She said before removing her shoulder and chest pieces. Richard lowered himself down on the elevator, sighing a bit as he watched her slender figure once again emerge from the bulky armor. He shook his head as he came to a halt at the floor, walking over to his own case. He turned his head to watch her disappear into the bathroom, her white clothes in hand.

~ ~ ~ ~

They found themselves once again in the large living room of Midnight, her large eyes happily scanning over them, "Everything went well?" She asked with a smile.

"Very well. Across was a big help." Kikata said with a nod.

Midnight whispered something to Across, he nodded, silently replying. She smiled, "He was glad to help." Her hand gently falling on his back as his ears fell in embarrassment. Her large, gentle fingers stroked his wings lovingly, seeming to calm him down. Eventually the conversation flowed, Midnight was understandably curious as to how this all had happened. She seemed rather disturbed that such conflict still existed among civilizations that seemed so advanced.

"Well with new races being added every couple of decades conflict almost seems unavoidable." Richard chimed in, he nearly squirmed as the goddess sized alien's eyes shifted onto him.

She smiled, "I suppose so. I'm sorry you are just so small that I almost forget you are there." She leaned forward, an impossibly large hand settling next to him, "So I can get a better look at you."

Richard had to struggle to climb up onto her palm, she waited patiently for him to sit down before she leaned back and held her hand before her face, "So small and yet so similar." She mused, "Is it not funny that all of the possible forms life could take it always seemed to develop into the same basic shape? Very interesting." She said with a toothy smile. "Is it okay if I place you here?" She asked hovering her hand by her shoulder.

"That's fine." Richard said hopping down onto the warm, soft suface. For her size her hair was rather short. He sat down, his eyes looking up towards her giant face, the color of her eyes was nearly hypnotizing.

"Let's go for a walk? I would like to show you around some. It is nearly sun fall and the best time to view the scenery."

"That sounds nice." Kikata said rising to her feet. The Neko's watched as the titanic Midnight walked slowly towards the door, following closely behind as they left the home. For the first time Richard was able to look down on everyone as they followed a wide path through the forest, Kikata just below him to his right, Fisc trailing a little behind her. Across kept to himself on Midnights left, seeming to be lost in his own world as they talked. In front of Richard Midnights bossom shivered and quaked, taking on the appearance of some sort of living balcony that stretched out what seemed like hundreds of feet in front of him. Obviously this was an overestimation, but it seemed a miracle that midnight was able to keep her back upright as she walked.

In their walk they exited the thick forest, their eyes falling over a wide grassy plain. A rocky waterfall trickled out of the forest and wound its way through the green hills. The group set down to watch the sunset, the blazing star taking on a strange purple color as it began to dip behind the horizon.

"So is all of your planet so peaceful?" Kikata asked hopefully, her eyes falling over a landscape that didn't seem to have a care in the world. There were no tall towers cutting through the forests, or loud spacecraft roaring over head.

"Not always." Midnight sighed, "Where there is life there is almost certainly conflict."

The group fell silent for a long while, no one wanting to disturb the peace and silence as they watched the sun go down, the bubbling water was the only thing that drowned out the sound of nothingness.

Finally as darkness had set, their eyes not looking upwards to the stars, "Hey." Fisc started, "I've got quite a few drinks back at the ship. We could celebrate? You know. To new friendships and what not."

"Sounds good to me." Richard said with a chuckle.

"Even after last time?" Kikata giggled, her eyes playfully darting towards Richard.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Fisc asked with a raised brow.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Richard nearly growled, Kikata just laughed again, shaking her head.

"Wait...tell me what happened!" Fisc nearly pleaded.

"It was nothing." Kikata sighed rising to her feet, "That was very lovely, thanks for taking us here, Midnight."

The group made their way back to the house...and probably to more troubles.
Chapter 13 by Ginbug
The group found themselves sitting in another room of Midnights home, a somewhat dim light filled the room from above. They sat in a circle around a wide, round table, all of the furniture made the Neko's and Across seem more like small children in comparison to the titanic Midnight. Richard sat in the middle of the table, his knees pressed against another large glass similar to the one he used at the station.

Fisc's drinks led the conversation on for hours, even Across seemed to join in the conversation from time to time. However he would generally quiet down again if he became the center of attention. As the night grew even older Richard finished off his first glass. He rose to his feet, a slight stumble in his step.

"Man Fisc has got the good stuff." He mumbled quietly to himself. He had fallen rather quiet over the past fifteen minutes or so, silently listening to the others. He looked around, noticing that everyone but Across had their glasses in hand, "Hey bud mind helping me fill up?" Richard called out, staring blankly up towards Across who didn't seem to notice, "Oh right, he doesn't speak English." Richard commented once again to himself. He glanced back towards the others, seeming to be focused on some strange trinket or necklace that Midnight held in her hand. "I guess I can grab it myself." He finally sighed, noting that the edge of the glass was only a few feet over his head. He took his large cup, it was more like a bucket, under his arm and bent his knees. With a grunt he managed to grab a hold of the rim of the glass, kicking his legs until he could finally threw his right leg up and over the edge. He took a moment to catch his breath before leaning out over the cool blue liquid.

Suddenly, with a burst of laughter, the table shook violently as an unaware leg suddenly kicked out at one of the wooden legs. Richard was hardly able to gasp for breath before he fell downwards. He found himself momentarily submerged in the blue liquid, the sounds from outside washed into a faint murmur. He gasped as he breached the surface, "Shit- Help!" He yelled out, feeling suddenly sober and quite embarrassed. He watched from outside as the world started to move, small waves forming, crashing back and forth into the thick glass walls around him. He faintly heard the word, "Gufalo!" Or as he learned over dinner the other night, "Cheers!"

His back crashed into the side with a large clanking sound, rushing forward again as the glass started to tip over. "Oh no." He muttered, a pair of lips filling his view. A pair of sharp canines shone in the dim light for a moment as the liquid started to pour out of the glass like a waterfall. Richard could hear the splashing echos approaching as he went screaming down the side of the glass. Suddenly he felt nothingness under him, his legs and arms flailing as the temperature around him skyrocketed. He landed with a loud splash, his body pressing into a hot, wet mass. He grasped helplessly at the bumpy surface of his tongue as he was soon funneled into the massive throat.

Across nearly dropped his glass as he started to cough. The others stared at him with small grins, thinking he had simply taken more than he could handle. Richard screamed as his body was enclosed by a tight tube, somewhat thankful to hear Across coughing, knowing as well that one more powerful pull by the creatures throat would send him down into the stomach.

"Too big of a drink huh?" Fisc chuckled as he reached for the bottle again.

Across's maw gaped wide as a tiny figure tumbled out over his tongue. He stared down at his hand in bewilderment.

"Erm- Thanks." Richard mumbled between pants, his body completely soaked in what he hoped was mostly the alcohol. He climbed off the furred hand onto the table, "Sorry about that...my attempt to get myself a drink failed."

Kikata suddenly burst into laughter, "Oh Richard...how do you keep getting yourself into these things." She sighed leaning back into her chair.

"What do you mean keep getting into these- oh here let me top you off." Fisc said tipping the bottle towards Richard.

"Across said he was very, very sorry." Midnight said, her arm now gently running across his wings.

"It was my fault." Richard assured them, thanking Fisc as his glass was filled up. He took a long and much needed gulp.

"Careful Richard there might be a tiny person in there!" Kikata giggled.

Richard rolled his eyes, jumping slightly as a massive hand laid down next to him. He sat back on Midnights hand, watching as he was soon back on eye level with the others, and then even higher. He looked around as her hand gently deposited him down onto a fur covered surface.

"Now you will be out of harms way." She giggled lightly, her bosom shaking beneath his feet as she laughed.

"Oh...thanks." Richard commented, feeling a little red in the cheeks. He slowly sat down, wondering if it might not be smarter to just move himself up onto her shoulder. He decided to just remain where he was.

"And now we wont leave you out of the conversation." Her voice called softly down to him.

"Okay. Will someone please shed some light on these mysterious occurrences with Richard?" Fisc pleaded again, his eyes shifted to the little human and Kikata suspiciously. "Wait...unless...you two-"

"No. Fisc, that certainly did not happen. I am a happily engaged woman after all." Her eyes flickered over to Richard playfully, he shot a glare back at her. "But." She continued with a giggle, "One could say he is no stranger to the uh, inside of someone."

"Do we really have to talk about this?" Richard groaned, feeling helpless.

Kikata flashed him a grin, "Yes...you see the first day we met..."

Richard let out a long sigh, relieved that she decided not to tell the entire group that he had slept with Kina.

"I picked up his camps distress signal, the planet happened to have temperatures far, far below zero."

"Oh I can see where this is going." Fisc chuckled.

"And when I finally found the little fella'" Kikata continued with a grin, "He seemed happy to see me at first, even climbed into my hand. So I am thinking, okay military man here. He knows what I am about to do, I'm pretty sure I warned you too."

"Um, no." Richard butted in, "What happened was she told me that it was necessary to get me out of the cold...or something like that. Next thing I know this chick is opening her mouth and getting ready to eat me!"

Kikata giggled, "And for the last time eat is not the right word!" She took a deep breath, "So anyway, next thing I know I nearly bite my own thumb and I am watching the little guy go sprinting back to the camp!" She took another few seconds to laugh, "Which you have to understand Richard...that was pretty funny. Though at the time I was debating biting a little bit, I had just walked an entire day and was not in the mood to chase down an unruly survivor."

The bosom beneath Richard quaked as Midnight laughed, "Oh my...so this is how you two met?"

"It gets worse." Richard grumbled playfully, taking another long drink from his glass.

"Yes. So anyway...It doesn't take much to catch up to him, but the jerk grabs hold of some pole or something and I am afraid I will hurt him because he is holding on too tight! So I start trying to talk him down, and of course he doesn't listen...for some reason he thinks I just trekked all the way into the ice ocean for a bite to eat or something."

"See how you like it if Midnight over here suddenly tries to stuff you in her mouth!"

"Oh I don't think she would fit." Midnight giggled.

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Okay so anyway...after pouring all sorts of reasoning and logic over you, stubborn human that you are, I decide that there is one only option."

"Drenching me in spit and sucking me into your mouth?"

"That sounds sorta...erm never mind." Fisc quickly retracted his statement after catching a hot stare from Kikata.

"Right, so I loosened your grip, and yes eventually I got you nice and safe inside of me." She shot another glare at Fisc as her wording seemed to send a smile across his lips again, "And then the rest is history...I got him out, we contacted the General and thus...Nova Force was born."

"Um. Nova Force?" Fisc asked with a laugh.

Richard chuckled, "Yes, that is what we call ourselves."

"Really?"

"Yes." Kikata said proudly.

"Huh."

"I still think Starship Troopers would have been a cool name, but apparently that's taken." Kikata sighed leaning back into her seat.

"Yeah, that's an old Earth movie!" Fisc suddenly said excitedly, catching an odd look from both Richard and Kikata.

"Um, I didn't even know that..." Richard said, "Did you study film or something?"

"Clearly you are not aware that us guards spend most of our off time watching old war movies."

"From Earth?"

"Especially from Earth."

"Yes of all the culture and art that came from Earth our men seem to only be interested in these silly...war movies. I think they are disgusting." Kikata mumbled.

Fisc scoffed, "They are great pieces of art!

"I wasn't aware you were into Earthen Art Kikata." Richard commented, growing rather comfortable in his seat.

"Yes. Well I generally just like to look at pretty things. And the music!" She nearly gasped, "Oh I love Earth Music. Ours is so slow and boring."

"I used to play the guitar you know." Richard pronounced proudly, "Had to ditch it though when I was shipped out."

"That's too bad." Midnight commented, "Some music would be lovely right now."

"Could you sing too?" Kikata asked, a slight hint of hope in her voice.

"No. And nor will I embarrass myself anymore this evening." The group shared another laugh before slowly returning to quiet conversation. Kikata was once again the first to retire.

"Okay well I will go to sleep I think. I will see you guys tomorrow." She said covering her mouth as she yawned through the last few words. Her brow furrowed as she attempted to make her way around the table, her steps hovering over the ground as she tried to keep herself steady, "Woah a little too much I thin-" She suddenly toppled forward, suddenly finding herself in an oddly tight bind.

"Oh my!" Midnight gasped, feeling the little Neko girl pressed into her cleavage. The room erupted into laughter as they watched Kikata, who had somehow fallen sideways right into Midnights supple bosom. The near violent movement from below nearly sent Richard falling off the side had it not been for Midnights gentle hand.

Kikata finally managed to pull herself free, her cheeks flustered deeply, "Uh...I-I'm sorry." She mumbled, her eyes remaining firmly stuck to her feet.

"Oh dear, don't worry!" Midnights smile grew wider, "At least I was able to cushion your fall!"

The room burst into laughter again, Kikata desperately hiding her embarrassment under her hands. "Oh god...I'm going to bed. Good bye." She said shuffling out of the room. The others were not too far behind, Across leaving to his own room and Fisc simply curling up on the oversized couch. Richard sat silently staring down the wide hill in front of him, wondering if he had gotten perhaps a little too drunk. He started to wonder if she had simply fallen asleep as well, he strained his neck to look up over his shoulder to see those bright turquoise eyes staring back at him.

"Feeling okay?" Her gentle voice asked.

Richard shrugged, "I guess so."

Her eyes narrowed for a moment, "Something is bothering you?"

Richard shrugged, "No, not really."

She smiled, "Oh but I think something is."

"How can you be so certain?"

"Because after walking the earth for over two hundred years I can see when someone is under some sort of trouble."

"You're over-"

"Shh. I don't like to hear my own age." She grinned, "So am I correct?"

"Well...Yeah I guess there are a few things bugging me." Richard admitted reluctantly. She eyed him curiously so he continued, "It's sort of tied into that whole thing with Across earlier...and no not the fact that he nearly swallowed me, I'm not mad about it or anything. It's sort of that...the fact that it could have happened." Richard glanced up to see if he could spot any sign of understanding from the titan.

Her head tilted to the side slightly, "So you are feeling...small?"

"Exactly."

"Well, physically this is true. Relatively speaking. There are plenty of things smaller than yourself."

"Back on earth. Out here I feel almost useless. I can't help but feel like I'm just here on display, no real function."

"You feel powerless?"

"Yes exactly."

"And, what else?"

"Well. I am sort of afraid that no one takes me seriously."

"They seem to have great respect for you? After all Fiscious told us that they seem to praise the human race."

"The idea of it. But when I am here in the flesh I feel so inadequate." Richard sighed, his mind drifting back to Kina, "I feel that when the action starts I will be more of a hinderance than a member of the team." Richard grunted as Midnights fingers gently pressed into his sides.

"I think that is all up to you." She said softly, hot waves of air washing over him as she spoke. Her lips curled into a smile, "Relax. When the time comes to prove yourself, you will be ready."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I can't." She laughed softly, he was surprised to see himself rise towards her lips, a tongue as wide as Kikata slipping out over him gently.

"Erm="

"Sorry, it is a sign of affection, I did not mean to make you uncomfortable...young one."

"I see."

"You should sleep now." She said lowering him towards her bosom once again, "You will be safe with me." He felt her warm skin pressed around him as she gently tucked him into her cleavage, "Good night." He heard her voice call down before her hand slipped deep within her breasts. As her hand left him he would be completely surrounded by flesh, gently pressing all around him. The faint sound of a heart beat drummed in his ears, the circulating air in her lungs rushing through his mind. Slowly he fell into a deep, meditative sleep.
Chapter 14 by Ginbug
Kikata took in a long, deep breath, her nostril's savoring the sweet smells of nature. She felt a warm breeze gently slip through her hair, the gentle calls of wildlife filling her ears.

"We ready?" Richards voice called from her shoulder.

She wanted to ignore him, but instead she slowly nodded, "Yes." She answered softly. She rose to her feet, smiling as she gazed over the trickling stream once more before heading back to the ship. Fisc and the others were already waiting. "I don't want to leave." She whined, "Space is so boring."

"Let's hope it remains boring." Richard added as they joined the small group by Kikata's ship.

Kikata nodded, "Well..."

Midnight smiled as she leaned over to speak to the smaller neko's face to face, "It was very nice to meet you all...our paths will cross again."

"I hope so." Kikata said with a smile, "So, when everything blows over we will come back?"

Midnight smiled, "Yes."

"I am almost afraid too...it seems so perfect here already."

Midnight shrugged, "You have only seen a small part. But you all are always free to visit, when ever you want."

Kikata took one last look around, the idea of having to go back out into the field weighing heavily on her heart. But she took a deep breath and said her final goodbyes, awkwardly embracing Midnight, and blushing slightly as she wrapped her arms around the muscular Across. Fisc held in his delight when he was finally smothered into Midnights bosom, and then took Across's hand in a firm handshake.

Midnights eyes fell on Richard, gently lifting him off Kikata's shoulder, "You will do well." She told him softly.

"I hope so. Thank you, you really know how to put someone at ease."

Midnight giggled, "I try." She leaned forward and planted another titan size lick on the tiny human. "Good bye for now, keep safe." She said now directing her words to the group. She set Richard back onto Kikata's shoulder and stepped back, watching as the group slowly climbed the ramp into the ship, knowing that one day she would see them again.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata set Richard down next to his seat before leaning back into her own chair with a sigh, "Alright, everyone sit tight." Her hands flowed over the display, the ship humming to life before slowly lifting off the ground. Her eyes sadly watched the lush green landscape grow more and more distant until it was unrecognizable behind the thin clouds.

"So what now?" Richard asked, standing up from his seat and stretching his back.

Kikata shrugged, "I guess we should go back." Her eyes scanned the dark expanse of space sadly, but something else was rising within her. Fear. She had always considered herself brave, but she had never faced a real danger. The Neko were long considered the largest of species, and very few species rivaled their technological advancements. But now, the deaths of her comrades refreshed in her mind, she realized that she might not be ready for to fight in combat. That Nova Guard who ventured into the distressed ship could have easily been her instead. She shook the thoughts out of her mind, reminding herself of her training, her great scores and the praise she received for her natural abilities. She brought up her display and made the call.

"Kikata." The generals voice called over the radio, "I heard that you were the one who followed the damaged ship."

"Yes sir, we found him and secured his safety." She replied mechanically.

"And if I am reading your coordinates correctly you seem to have traveled into a rather dark corner of the map."

"Yes sir."

"Did you find anything of interest?"

She swallowed, "No sir, the planet that Fiscious landed on seemed rather lifeless."

"I see, then why the slow response?"

"Our engines were cooling down so we stayed put for a few days, our signals must have been jammed."

"I take it the other Guards ship is out of commission?"

"Correct, we left it behind."

"Good. Well I am glad everything is safe, I hope you don't mind but I re-directed one of the other new Guards to your route."

"Then-Where should I go sir?"

The general took a moment to think, "Well. Before returning to Teralist I would like you to spend some time surveying the this area of the map. Spend two weeks out there and then return home to drop off Guard Fiscious and take a few days to rest. You're quick thinking probably saved his life, that is all. Good work Kikata."

Richard stood awkwardly as Kikata sank back into her seat, "So...what was that conversation about?"

"We have been ordered to stay in these uncharted areas for two weeks and survey them."

"So we are exploring?" He asked taking a step forward towards Kikata.

"Or just staying out of trouble..." She mumbled quietly. She helped Richard back down to the living quarters, sitting across from Fisc. "We return to Teralist in two weeks, until then we are out here...surveying."

"Oh, interesting."

Kikata's face remained bitter, "I guess that's where the Guards are needed." She huffed sitting back in her chair.

"Well it is uncharted territory." Fisc offered.

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Well I never once read surveying as a part of our duty...it's my fault. We should have radioed in earlier."

Fisc shot Richard a glance as Kikata's head fell onto the table, "I'm sure the General is not angry with you. You successfully rescued me after all."

"Mmm." She hummed, keeping her head pressed against the table. They sat silently for a few minutes until a strange sound suddenly broke the silence. A loud beeping, the last thing anyone would have expected.

"Is that-"

"Yes." Fisc responded. "Well Kikata, looks like we'll be working after all."
Chapter 15 by Ginbug
"Where is it?" Fisc asked looking over Kikata's shoulder.

"It's not far." She said pointing to the star map, "We hardly have to jump at all." Her eyes narrowed, "Strange, it doesn't appear to be coming from any planet or moon."

"I guess we'll see when we get there." Richard commented strapping himself into his seat.

"I guess so." Fisc said before hopping back down the ladder, he sat down at the round table and gripped the edges tightly.

Kikata prepared the ship, a slight smile spreading across her lips as she set up the jump. The universe went into a blur for a short minute before coming to a slow again. They sat quietly scanning the black abyss of space, until a tiny gray blip appeared in the distance.

"Is that it?" Richard asked as the blip grew larger and larger.

"It must be." Kikata replied softly.

"What is it?" Fisc's voice called from behind as he hopped back up the ladder. The object started to come into focus, a large gray mass approached them.

"It's a station." Kikata finally announced as the spherical structure came into view. The station soon loomed over them, an almost perfectly round structure that seemed to float idly along in space. "It's strange that it would be out here, as far as we knew no one had explored this area of the universe."

"It could be a run away? It looks old. It could have been abandoned hundreds of years ago."

"Maybe."

They slowly drifted around the station, it did not appear to be so massive, but Kikata seemed convinced it belonged to one of the smaller races. Her story seemed to add up as their ship just barely fit into the landing port.

"This place is a wreck." Richard commented looking around the darkened landing bay.

"Yeah." Kikata commented also examining the area, the walls were gray and the paint seemed faded. She noted the small doorways below them, she was right about the species, "This ship must belong to one of the smaller species, those doors don't look more than thirteen feet tall."

"Maybe this is a dud?" Fisc offered, "What ever happened here must have happened years ago."

"I am still picking up some data from the ship...so it's not completely dead. But Only Richard would be able to get inside these halls."

"Finally I'm useful."

"But does he have to go in?"

Kikata scrolled through some of the data that was being displayed before her, "It seems like this was another science station. Tell me what do those black marks look like on that wall."

Fisc squinted as he examined the walls, "Well, it could be blast marks, or it could be corrosion."

"Well there is no harm in assuming that this station was attacked." Kikata continued, "Which means there is a chance that we might uncover some more evidence against our rising threat."

"Hell I'll take a look." Richard offered, excited to see some sort of action. Even if it just meant walking around in an abandoned space station.

~ ~ ~ ~

Fifteen minutes later the group was fully armored and fully equipped. Richard stood before a fifteen foot tall metal doorway, a sleek black machine gun hanging from his shoulder. "Alright I'm ready." He looked over his shoulder, only able to tell Kikata from Fisc because she refused to wield the large cannon that Fisc had brought with him. Kikata had managed to obtain a limited control of the ships functions, most of which no longer seemed to run. The door slid open with a sort of grinding sound.

"Is the map coming in clear for you?" Kikata's voice called through the radio, the vacuum of space now allowing her robotic voice to travel.

"Yeah." Richard responded back taking a step into the hall. His night vision flickered on, illuminating his surroundings in a green light, "Creepy." He commented looking around at the barren hallway.

"Are there anymore signs of a fight? Or a struggle?" Her voice called into his ear.

"No, well...maybe. Everything is sort of scattered around, but I'm not seeing bullet holes or anything like that."

"Well be careful either way."

"Sure...though I doubt anything has been alive in here for years." Richard responded quietly, noting an odd dust that seemed to hang idly in the air and cling to the air around him as he past through as if he were underwater. He felt a little more at ease holding his machine gun on his hip, his finger just barely tickling the trigger. Every turn brought a slight twinge to Richards gut as he moved deeper, every step a step away from his two hundred foot companions. He felt slightly more fit in these halls, though everything was still a few feet higher than it would be on a human ship.

Kikata pulled up a three dimensional display of the ships blueprints, her eyes tracing the route she had set up, "The ships command center is about three floors below you, that is where the distress signal is coming from."

"Will I be able to use an elevator?"

"I am trying to access that area of the system now...chances are no though it seems like just about every system has failed."

"Great, so do they install stairs in these places anymore?" Richard chuckled.

"Well you are right next to an elevator shaft now."

Richard turned his head, noting the tall metal doors to his side, "Any chance you can open this door for me?"

"I'm trying."

Richard slung his weapon over his shoulder and slipped his fingers between the two metal plates. With a grunt and some assistance from his suit he managed to get them to budge, "I think I got it." He growled through the radio as he pushed the doors open.

"Oh. Well good. It's very strange they seemed to have put a lock on all the doors before they abandoned the station, or maybe it was in self defense?-"

"Shit." Richard muttered.

"What? What's wrong?"

"The elevator seems to be one floor down, blocking up the shaft." Richard said eyeing the metal square that sat at his feet, he smirked as he eyed the cables that rose into the blackness in front of him, "Still use the same ol' system eh?" He eyed the elevator again, "Oh wait a second." He hoisted his weapon in front of him one more.

"What are you thinking?" Fisc's voice finally called through.

"Just moving the elevator out of the way." Richard grinned as he pulled the pin back, a satisfying click vibrating in his hands. His vision suddenly went white as he pumped a few rounds into the cables, "Ah shit I should have saw that coming." He said shaking his head.

"Yeah you should use natural light when night vision is engaged in such small areas, too might light will overload ya." Fisc offered.

"Well I'm done shooting now." Richard said eyeing the now empty shaft, a few seconds later a loud thunderous crash echoed throughout the entire station, a fierce blast of dusty wind howling back up the shaft. He leaned out and took hold of the single metal cable that remained and carefully swung forward. His fingers let the cable slip through his fingers as he lowered himself, "Three floors?"

"Right."

"Hrm." Richard stopped as he finally lowered himself down three floors. "I might have hit a road block." He said after a few failed attempts at opening the door manually. Without his feet to brace him he couldn't manage to wedge it open.

"Give me a minute, I might be getting somewhere-ah! Yes here we go." Kikata grinned as she managed to get herself in control of the ships security functions, "It appears that they did put a lock on all the doors, and now." She entered in a code, "They should open."

Richard watched as the elevator door infront of him spread apart, he could hear the grinding sound echoing through the hall in front of him as well. "It worked." He stretched his leg out and pulled himself back into the hallway, nearly falling backwards as he did.

"The command room should be just down that hall."

"Right." Richard called back, he felt slightly more vulnerable walking past the now open doorways, feeling as if eyes peered out at him from every dark room. His blood ran cold as a deep sound resonated through the halls, it almost sounded like a roar or loud moan. "The fuck was that?" Richard whispered turning around, the noise seemed to come from the elevator, or somewhere down that hall.

"What was what?"

"I don't know, I coulda' sworn something just like...roared down here."

"Probably just some of the old systems turning back on. Keep going."

"Yeah yeah, I am." Richard mumbled, his neck hair still standing on end.
Chapter 16 by Ginbug
Richard was on edge as he walked by a long row of thick glass windows, "This is it?"

"Should be."

Richard stepped through the doorway, his vision adjusting to the darker room quickly. Even though he could see he could feel the weight of the utter darkness that surrounded him. The strange, droning sound echoed through the halls once more, Richard just tried to shake it off as he examined the dusty machines around him, "Okay so what am I looking for?"

"The log should be held in the main computer."

"There are a lot of them here." Richard grumbled looking around the room, "Any hints as to what the main one would look like?"

"The main computer is usually located in the back of the main command room, unless there is a window into a larger quarters or perhaps the outside."

"There is a window here, I guess this would-" Richard stopped mid step as a bloodcurdling screeching yelp sounded through the hall. "What the hell..." He nearly whined, his heart starting to throb in his chest.

"What is going on?" Kikata's voice called through the radio, clearly a little nervous herself.

"Did you hear that through my radio?"

"I heard something."

Richard took a deep breath as he eyed the doorway, an eerie thumping starting to sound through the hallway, "I think there is something in here." He whispered.

Kikata cursed under her breath, feeling hopeless as she was not able to help in anyway, "J-Just get the log and get out, quickly."

"I'm trying." Richard said ignoring the thumps for now as he once again approached the computer. Just the station turning back on he thought to himself. "So where can I expect to find the log?"

"It should be housed under the main console."

"Would it appear like a box?"

"On a ship that old yes. The newer ones are much smaller."

"Well I hope this is it, this place is giving me the-" Richards blood ran cold as the thumps suddenly became much more audible.

"Richard?"

"Shh." His hands gripped the box, finding that it slid out of his compartment quite easily. He slowly rose back to a standing postion and turned towards the doorway. Richard held his gun in front of him in his free hand as he slowly sidestepped across the front of the room, his body always facing the door. A mass suddenly appeared on the other side of the window, "Kikata...there is something here." He whispered, his voice nearly shaking.

"What is it? Richard? Get out of there, don't do anything stupid."

Richards eyes narrowed as he tried to focus on what ever it was was making its way down the hall. The figure stood at least ten feet tall, it's body almost human. It's head was hairless and smaller compared to it's thin and long body than that of a humans. The creatures eyes seemed to shine in Richards night vision. Time seemed to slow down as the creature made it's way, a slight limp in its step. "Tell me Kikata did the aliens that owned this ship look like a really thin human? Bald head...glowing eyes."

"Um. I'm not sure..."

"Well that is what the fuck-" The creatures head turned unnervingly fast in Richards direction, "It's looking at me." Richard held his weapon up higher. Suddenly the creatures wide mouth opened, a long and ear tearing screech blasting from its throat.

"What the hell is that?!" Fisc's voice broke though the radio.

"I have no clue but it's fucking yelling at me now!" Richard flipped off the safety with his thumb, "Tell me should I shoot or what?"

"Is it attacking?"

"No it's just fucking screaming at me!"

"Then no, it might not be aggressive."

"It sounds pretty aggressive to me!" Richard yelled his back pinned up against the window on the far end of the room. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He took a chance and took his gaze off the screeching creature too look over his shoulder. His eyes fell on what looked like a living carpet of glowing eyes staring up towards him, "Oh...fuck."

"What? What is it?" Kikata's voice was clearly distressed.

Richard turned back to the creature as it finally went silent, his chest heaving in long and ragged breaths. It took a step forward, its eyes narrowing and it's teeth baring in a wicked snarl. He went blind again as he opened fire, "God damnit!" He roared shaking his head as his vision cleared. He quickly turned off the night vision in return for a bright flashlight spread along his visor. He couldn't believe his eyes, the creature had stumbled back a few steps from the gruesome hole shot through its chest, but remained standing. It's skin was white and nearly translucent, it's eyes indeed glowing a faint reddish color. It took another lunge at Richard, who quickly shot it again, "It wont fucking die!"

"Get out! Run!" Kikata screamed.

Richard shot again and again, finally striking the creature square in the face. It fell over, but continued to writhe on the ground. It sounded like some sort of mix of a squealing pig and a snarling wolf. Not wanting to waste anymore ammunition Richard quickly jumped over the squirming form. His feet pounded against the metal floors, but skidded to a stop as a white mass appeared before him. "Oh no. Kikata...help!" Richard started to back away, noticing the gruesome wounds or disfigurations of the creatures, as if they had been rotting. He let out a long stream of fire into the crowd before turning and running the other way. "Get me out!"

"I'm trying!" Kikata nearly cried into the radio, her eyes nearly tearing up as she desperately searched the map for an exit. "Okay, the hall comes to a "T" turn right there and then there is another elevator shaft about fifty yards down."

"Okay." Richard panted, he could hear the creatures screams and scratching feet pursuing him. He nearly slipped as he rounded the corner, not daring to look behind him. His chest burned and his feet ached, his visor starting to fog at the corners as he finally came upon the elevator shaft. He jumped inside and took hold of the metal cables. He nearly slipped as he fumbled with the ships log and his weapon, his legs keeping him somewhat steady. The creatures arms swung in the air towards him, just barely unable to reach. Once the log was safely pinned under his arm he started to climb. He grunted as he came up to the second floor, "There is an elevator in my way...anything you can do about this?"

"I'm trying."

Richard looked down, the creatures staring up at him from the floors below hungrily, sending a constant shiver down his spine. "Ugly motherfuckers." His eyes widened as they started to grasp for the cables once again. Suddenly one leaped out and took hold of the cable. "Oh shit!" He opened fire, sending the creature down into the shadowy depths below. The others soon started to follow, "Kikata...hurry!"

Kikata furiously searched for the codes to start the elevators, "Hold on, I think I'm getting it."

Richard heard a grinding noise from above, he turned to see the massive metal floor lowering towards him, "Up! Kikata up!"

"Sorry! Sorry!" She whimpered quickly reversing her previous actions.

Richard let out a shaking sigh as he let an empty magazine fall into the darkness. He climbed after the elevator aware that he was now being pursued from below. Finally he managed to take hold of the third floor and pulled himself into the hallway. "Okay Kikata bring me home."

"Okay." Kikata eyed the map trying to pick out the fastest route.

Richard took the long winding route back, the screams starting to grow again behind him. His feet pounded faster and faster as he could almost feel their claws preparing to pull him down. Finally he saw daylight, the Nova Guard armor clearly visible from outside.

"Hurry up now Richard, I'm about to blow that hall." Fisc's voice broke through.

Richard put his chin to his chest and pushed his body beyond its limits as he pounded his way towards the door. He nearly felt weight lifted off his shoulders as he broke outside. Watching as Fisc leaned down, sticking the muzzle of his cannon into the hallway. He fired off round after round. Pulling back with a laugh, a cloud of smoke rising from the now silent hall.

Richard fell to his knees only to have Kikata's metal hand lift him off the ground, "You have it?"

Richard held up his hand, "This better be it."

Kikata grinned walking back into the ship, "Okay. Let's get out of here."

~ ~ ~ ~

The ship left the dock, they were shocked to see a flood of the strange creatures pour out the door. Kikata let their ship drift just outside the station as they removed their armor.

"So does anyone want to explain to me what just happened?" Richard asked as he stepped out onto the table.

"Honestly...I don't know." Kikata said shaking her head, "I have never heard of anything like it...That ship has been abandoned for at least twenty years."

"Well apparently not."

"I might know." Fisc started leaning back in his chair, "But I only knew rumors." The living quarters went silent. "There was a rumor a long time ago that some government funded group was developing a new biological weapon. It was always kept under wraps because it would never be received publicly. Apparently their weapon was having trouble killing its victims...a little too much trouble."

"What are you saying?" Richard asked folding his arms.

"I'm saying that those creatures used to be the crew of that ship."

"Wait...so you think...they were zombies?"

"I don't know what zombies are, but those things weren't alive at all."

"That would make sense, I shot one at least twenty times, including the face...kept on kicking."

"You guys are ridiculous. I'm sure theres a more logical explanation. I'm going to call in and see what the General has to say about this." She said before rising to her feet.

"So undead huh?" Richard said once Kikata was out of earshot.

"Yeah...scary eh?"

"Try being face to face with it." Richard chuckled, his knees still felt a little shaky. "I didn't think I was going to make it out of there for a while."

"Yeah."

They sat silently for a few minutes until Kikata finally returned, her face even more pale than usual. She stood awkwardly next to them for a few moments, her eyes looking distant.

"Everything okay?" Fisc finally asked.

"Yes." Her eyes flickered between the two, "We have been ordered to destroy the station. You were right." She said before setting her hand down next to Richard. He climbed up, letting her take him to his seat.

"So those things were once living?" Richard asked, "But not anymore?"

"I doubt it's like that, they are probably just mutated."

"But to live after they die?"

Kikata shook her head, "I refuse to believe that is exactly what was happening down there." She took a deep breath, "One hell destroyer rocket should be enough to destroy this station."

"Fitting name, eh?"

Kikata smirked, "We'll need some breathing room." She turned the ship and put some distance between them, when she went to target the station it was little more than a small blip in the distance again. They watched silently as she brought up the weapons display. A red diamond appeared on the HUD, a few moments later she fired. A bright blue streak shot through space, a few moments later a bright white flash filled their view. Kikata released her breath, noticing that her hands were shaking.

"You okay?" Richard asked once he was on his feet.

Kikata nodded, "I've never killed anything before."

Fisc laid a hand on her shoulder, "You didn't kill anything in there."

She tried to nod and accept his comforting words, but she couldn't shake the thoughts from her mind.

"So what next?" Richard asked as Kikata entered in the coordinates into her computer.

"We will follow our orders, we will survey this part of the universe for the next two weeks, I have set us a path that should take us by some more planets...if we see anything interesting we will take a look." Kikata brought Richard back down to the table.

"Well, at least we have someone else to play cards now." Richard laughed as he hopped off her hand.

"Yes. That is true." She giggled, "Go fish?"

Richard rolled his eyes, "I was thinking Texas hold 'em."
Chapter 17 by Ginbug
The next week was more of a vacation really. As was to be expected drifting around in uncharted space, there wasn't really anything there. They spent their time naming planets and stars, occasionally dipping down into the atmosphere of an interesting planet to find it to be a lifeless husk of rock or liquid. But the thought that they might be out here staying out of trouble persisted in Kikata's mind. They had no equipment to take earth samples, nor were they authorized to actually name and identify planets. Why wouldn't they just bring them home? The more she thought about it the more it didn't seem to make sense...unless of course they knew that space station would be out there, then what else would they know? Perhaps they believed that the enemy had gone into hiding in these darkened regions? That would make sense.

"Hey!" Richards voice yelled out, though too small for Kikata to hear from her pilots seat Fisc's attention was gained.

"Hey, Kikata I think Richard finally got into that old ships log."

"Finally." Kikata huffed climbing out of her seat. The two Neko's laid on the floor as Richards screen fluttered with new information.

"Holy shit..." Richard muttered watching the seemingly endless stream of files flow into his hardrive.

"Once it's finished send the files to me so we might be able to view them on a more reasonable screen." Kikata instructed.

"Yes sir."

"Oh come on, I'm not that bossy."

"Of course not, ma'am." Fisc chimed in with a grin.

Kikata groaned, "How many more days am I stuck on this ship with you two?"

~ ~ ~ ~

The ships log was revealing. Twenty years ago the station began running experiments using a strange new material collected from a gaseous planet it a once dark territory of the star map. The military took great interest in the project, that was until the first testing.

"What are they doing?" Kikata asked observing the video surveillance footage.

"Animal testing." Fisc commented leaning closely over her shoulder, the video showed the alien scientist moving from cage to cage.

"That is...disgusting." Kikata muttered, "Look just keep moving." They continued to sift through the information, the reports only got more and more disturbing. They reported the test subjects as growing increasingly aggressive. After weeks of observation they noticed that the test rodents, similar to rats, refused to eat their food. They did not eat or drink. When paired with a non-tested creature they quickly attacked the living subject. They found the day that the distress signal was set off...the footage was more disturbing than they imagined. It started with a bite, the now infected scientist soon became what Richard had faced. They watched wide eyed as the infected creatures spread throughout the ship, Kikata was first to avert her gaze as the massacre continued. But this was not the most disturbing.

When those who should have escaped went for the escaping vessels they were met with gunfire. They had always assumed that the doors were locked to keep the creatures contained...but in reality they were locked to keep everyone contained. They left hundreds upon hundreds of these scientists to die!

"Turn it off." Kikata finally whispered. "We need to find out who was behind this."

"Try searching the names of the military personel on the ship." Fisc offered.

"Alls I'm getting is random privates, maybe an officer or two...no one that would be able to make that kind of call." Kikata was growing frustrated. They searched every data base they could, it was as if this station had been erased from existence, quite literally now that Kikata had destroyed it. Eventually they decided it might just be best to wait and see what the teams could find back on Teralist.

~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning Kikata was awoken by a quiet beeping. She rubbed her eyes, she had fallen asleep in her pilots chair. Her brow lowered as she searched for the source, surprised to find that she was picking up radio signals. They had set the ship to alert them of any unusual signals...and this was very unusual indeed. "Hey Fisc, check this out."

"What?" He asked climbing up the ladder. His eyes fell on the display, a small white ring spreading from one of the near by planets, "Is that...a radio signal?"

"A weak one, but yes."

"So that would mean there is intelligent life there?"

"It is a possibility. However it could just be a glitch, or maybe the planet itself is putting out radio waves...it's not impossible. Bet let's check it out."

They approached the planet, from afar the signs were promising. A blue gem, much like Earth in size. They gazed down on the green landscape below, wondering what strange creatures or civilizations might await them. Kikata pinpointed an area that was emitting heavy radio signals.

"Erm...so what exactly do we do?" Richard asked looking out the window as the smaller details of the terrain became more visible.

"Well. We have to make it clear that we are here for peaceful reasons." Kikata started, she was actually a little unsure herself. "And then we..hm...I guess speak to their leaders?"

"Sounds about right." Fisc shrugged.

Their eyes widened as the forested landscape suddenly gave way to large stone structures, "This must be it." Kikata whispered as they eyed the buildings that seemed more like ancient temples. "Where should I set down?" she said gazing over the stone city, her eyes finally fell on a wide field near the center of the settlement.

"This place was giving off radio signals? It looks so ancient." Richard commented quietly as they set down on the grassy field. Their eyes widened as the beings that dwelled in this strange city started to emerge from the buildings, cautiously approaching the ship. It didn't take long for them to notice that all of the creatures approaching seemed to be female.

"They're...beautiful." Kikata said quietly examining the creatures that were now gazing curiously up towards them. The creatures were mostly humanoid in appearance. Their skin varied in color, from a deep mysterious purple to a light hue of blue. Their skin was also lined and dotted with strange markings, unique for each one. Their hair colors were as diverse as their skin, purples, greens, white and black, adding to their exotic beauty. Long and slender ears rose from beneath their hair before drooping slightly backwards under their own weight. Their white eyes seemed to gaze into their very souls as the stared anxiously up towards the cockpit. They were clothed in long and colorful dresses, they were not as large as the Neko but they were still on the larger scale.

"So what now?" Richard asked, "Suit up?"

"Well, the air is breathable. So...maybe we should go out without our Nova Armor? It might be intimidating. These people do not seem threatening." Kikata offered.

"I guess that makes sense." Fisc said with a shrug.

"So what? We just walk out there?" Richard asked getting up from his seat.

"I guess so." Kikata said gently placing the human on her palm. She climbed down towards the ramp with Richard in hand. They grew nervous as the walkway slowly descended. The crowd of aliens formed around the ramp, quietly watching as Kikata, Fisc and Richard made their way towards them. They were about half the size of the Neko's...still giants in comparison with the tiny Richard. "Okay you two keep your mouths shut."

"Yes sir."

Kikata rolled her eyes before kneeling down before the small aliens so she might not seem menacing by towering over them. There was a moment of silence as Kikata scanned the faces that looked towards her, she took a deep breath, "Hello." He said in her native tongue, then repeated it a few more times in different languages and dialects.

"Welcome." One finally said in a strange dialect but a familiar language.

Kikata blinked, then turned towards Fisc, "They speak Holurian. Or at least a version of it."

Fisc shrugged, "I only know a few words."

"We come in peace." Kikata said after turning back towards the aliens.

"Then you are welcome here." The woman said stepping forward, her attitude was strange for what they thought were undiscovered species.

Kikata smiled, "Thank you." Her eyes scanned over the crowd once more, "Where are your men?"

The alien nearly looked bitter for a short second, her eye flickering onto Richard and Fisc, but smiled, "They are around. Come, come." She said holding out her hand, "Let us show you our city."
Chapter 18 by Ginbug
Kikata watched curiously as one of the women approached her, waiting a bit anxiously to see if she was going to preform some sort of ceremonious greeting. Though she was surprised to see that she was only after Richard, gently lifting the startled human off of her shoulder.

"Um, Kikata?" Richard called, unsure how he should react to the situation.

"Just go with it." Kikata said with a shrug, her gaze shifted over to Fisc who was being approached in a similar way, Kikata chuckled softly as he was led by the hand after the women who took Richard. Kikata went to follow them but felt a tug at her finger. She looked over and saw the first women who spoke to her motioning for her to follow in the other direction. She was puzzled but complied, not wanting to disrespect any sacred traditions. The tall stone structures soon towered over them, the presence of technology was hardly noticeable. A crowd formed where ever she went, the white eyed faces staring up at her in awe or with wide smiles.

"They think you are a goddess." The soft voice called from below her, "Or a queen!"

Kikata blushed deeply at the idea. She lifted her hand and waved down to the small women, like a crowd of small children looking up towards her. The feeling was overwhelming, she wondered what sort of treatment her fellow guards were receiving.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Son of a bitch..." Richard grumbled, his hands wringing the metal bars that surrounded him.

"See, this is what happens when we don't suit up." Fisc joined in, keeling down in his own large cage that was placed next to the table that Richards cage sat atop of, "I can't believe they tricked me into getting into this tiny cage! No one can hear of this."

"My lips are sealed." Richard laughed, "And here I thought we might be getting laid."

"Getting...uh?"

"Sex."

"Oh!" Fisc laughed, "No offense there but I'm not so sure sex is possible between someone so tiny and those like us."

"Oh trust me, I most certainly know otherwise." Richard remarked without much thought.

"I knew it!"

"What?"

"You and Kikata...you guys did it didn't you?"

"Of course not."

"But you just said-and you never encountered a Neko before...so then..."

"It wasn't with Kikata." Richard assured him.

"Then who?" Fisc pursed his lips in thought for a moment, "You have only been to the base, and that place is a complete man party...unless you-" His eyes shot back to Richard, "No! Please don't say it was Kina?!"

Richard cleared his throat nervously. "Uhm...well to be fair-"

"You're out of your mind! You do realize that-"

"Yes I am fully aware who she is, but I didn't know that until afterward."

Fisc sat back in his cage in disbelief, "Most of us are too afraid to even think about that. Granted an equal amount would probably risk the punishment just to get a taste of that..." He sighed, "So how was it?"

"Surprisingly good. Trust me I thought-" Richard was interrupted as the large wooden door swung open. A tall, purple skinned alien stepped inside. She eyed the two men for a moment before walking towards them. Her arm reached out to Richards cage, her fingers wrapping around the bars before easily lifting him off the table. "Hey! Put me down you crazy purple bitch!" Of course his screams were useless.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata meanwhile was receiving the treatment of a queen. She sat on the floor as the small women worked around her, taking measurements of her waist and torso. An hour later she was presented with a long, flowing green dress. Her eyes widened as she accepted the fabric, so soft! "T-Thank you!" She said softly.

"Please try it on." The women said, she had been acting as Kikata's honorary tour guide.

"Okay." She stood up, holding the green dress to her chest, "Um." She looked down at the four small women who stared back up at her, "Some privacy please?" She asked hopefully, she did not want to offend anyone.

"Of course." The woman said with a nod, she escorted the other three out of the room.

Once the door shut Kikata quickly unzipped her jumpsuit. She had to arch her back under the low ceiling, making it difficult to pull herself from her tight suit. Once she kicked it away she pulled the green dress over her head. She knelt down before a mirror and smiled, "It's so beautiful!" She gasped. She pulled open the door to allow the four women in.

"Are you pleased?" The woman asked anxiously.

"Very! I can't believe you made this so quickly?"

"We worked extra hard for you." She said bowing her head.

"But, I am curious as to where the other two were taken?"

"They are being prepared for later." The woman assured her, "We seek only to prepare the best for our visitors."
Chapter 19 by Ginbug
Richard fell to his back as the cage was set on another table. He rose to his feet with a dull pain in his back. The woman who carried him knelt down to examine him once more. Light blue streaks fell from the corners of her eyes towards her chin. Long and dark blue hair fell onto her shoulders which almost seemed to melt into the lighter blue swirls that spun their way down her chest beneath her dress.

He remained pressed to the back of the cage before she finally left the room. His gaze moved away from the door to the rest of the room, surprised to see it was filled with similar cages. He walked over to the bars, pressing his face between two of them to get a better look. He was even more shocked at what he saw. Tiny creatures, nearly the size of humans, filled every single cage. Upon closer inspection he saw that they shared the same variety of skin tones and hair colors. Their white eyes stared sadly around them as they awaited their fate, what ever it was. Were these the males of this civilization? At first thought it seemed impossible. But it wasn't unheard of for a male of a species to be the smaller, but a difference like this seemed far fetched. But here they were.

Along with the cages the room was filled with strange devices. Richard could only imagine that they held some sort of diabolical purpose. The room was filled with a silent murmur of voices, near whispers.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata was led into another room, this time a much wider and lavish room. A small group of the women quickly pulled together a mat of cushions for Kikata to sit on. She was always in a state of flattery or awkwardness accepting such treatment. Her tour guide joined her on the soft cushions, "Now, we prepare our bodies."

"Prepare?"

"Yes, you have arrived in time for a great feast. Do not worry, our servants will do everything for us. We only have to sit back and enjoy." She said with a smile.

Kikata cringed a little as she mentioned servants but quickly forced a warm smile. Her gaze shifted towards the door where two of the women made their way inside, each holding what looked like a large platter. "What's this?"

"They will do our nails first, and then what ever else that needs to be done."

"They?" She watched the women come even closer, her eyes widening as she saw what was being held on the platters. Tiny creatures that looked nearly human in size. Their skin tones and hair colors matched that of the women! Yet they were so small? "These...These are your?"

"Men? Yes."

"But they are so small?"

"The gods made them this way in order to better serve us, their masters."

A cold chill ran down Kikata's spine as she realized that Fisc and Richard might not be receiving the same treatment as she. "So, all men are your servants?"

"Those we find yes. And those that can still work." She eyed Kikata quizzically as if wondering if this was not common place in her own culture, "Of course they are needed for reproduction as well." She smiled as the two women knelt down, "Be still as they work."

Kikata nodded, unsure if she should voice her own opinions or not. She was only now starting to notice the taller and stronger looking women who held long spear like weapons. She felt the tiny men on her toes, working wordlessly away as they painted her nails. "So, you say that your gods have made the men so small?"

The women nodded, "Of course. It is no secret to us that the gods meant for them to be our servants. If it wasn't necessary to harvest their seed we wouldn't even bother with that!"

Kikata shifted nervously, "I see."

"Is it not the same for your people?" She asked curiously. "I could only assume because you are clearly in charge of the two males that accompanied you."

"Well...no. We are all on the same basic level. In fact in many cultures it is the men who-"

"What?!" The woman nearly shrieked, "That is absurd! We are the ones who collect the seed! We are the ones who bare the pain of childbirth! Life itself depends on the female race. Men are there as a tool."

"So you do not marry or even find lovers?" Kikata asked, a little shocked by the sudden fire in her voice.

"I don't understand these words?"

"Romance, love, a special connection between men and women?"

"Blasphemous talk. That would assume that we are equal."

"I see."

The women took a deep breath, seeming to recollect herself again, "So I assume that you would like to have those males for yourself?"

Kikata hesitated for a moment, "Yes. And alive."

The women laughed, "Of course, of course. You see we must detain them, they are not trustworthy. I am sure you are relieved to not have to watch after them for the evening."

Kikata forced another smile, "Of course."

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard watched as three of the alien women entered the room. They approached the line of cages at the far end of the room and began to remove the occupants. They each took one of the unfortunate males and carried them towards the strange devices. A loud hum resonated through the room, Richard could just barely see what they were doing from behind is bars. He watched wide eyed as the men were stripped of their clothing, the long rubber tubes now forced between their legs. He couldn't believe it!

"I need to get out of here." He mumbled quietly, just watching brought a twinge of pain to his groin. The disturbing display continued for what felt like hours. Some of the men were returned to their cages, others were carried away into some other room. A cold sweat broke out on his neck as two of the women approached his cage, delicate fingers unhinging the door before coming in after him. He tried to elude them like some sort of lab mouse, he was quickly overcome. He squirmed and grunted in the giantesses fist, her white eyes staring at him almost curiously. Her gaze shifted to the other alien, shifting Richard from one hand to the other.

Richard watched nervously as they exchanged words, he could only imagine that their conversation held the answer to his dreadful fate. Their attention shifted back down towards him, they gave him an almost puzzled look. It was as if they weren't sure what to do with him. Suddenly the one who held him laid him on his back, her fingers gripping his shift.

"Hey!" He shouted as she tore the fabric in two. She tossed the scraps aside and lifted him before her face. Her skin was a shade of light blue, nearly white on her risen cheek bones. Her hair was a milk white, cut shorter than the others. Her eyes shifted between him and her partner. He yelped as her lips suddenly parted, the flesh inside of her mouth was a much lighter shade of pink than most creatures, almost white in color. Her warm and wet tongue pressed against his chest, running slowly up towards his neck. She pulled away, eyes even wider. She said something to the other, Richard could only imagine what they were talking about now.

"His taste is splendid!" She said to the other. "Here, try him." She held Richard out towards the other, the same female that had brought him inside of this room.

The blue haired giantess took Richard into her hands, eyeing him for a moment before turning him onto his back. Her tongue slipped over his flesh, her eyes widening as well, "You are right! But we are forbidden to do anything with this one, the Sky Goddess has told us she wants him for herself."

The white haired giantess frowned, "Well let me taste him again. Maybe if we are lucky she can return with even more of them!". She took Richard back into her hands, lowering her mouth over his torso, gently pressing her teeth to his waist as her tongue swirled around him.

"God damnit!" Richard coughed as he attempted to fight off the muscle. He was expecting to be pulled in fully. He was finally released, falling back onto her palm in a soaking heap.

"Should we collect his seed?"

"Don't be ridiculous. What good is his seed to us? His only use for us is pleasing the Sky Goddess."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata admired her freshly painted nails, the blue color seemed to shimmer in the orange light of the sunset. She tried to enjoy the view before her from atop one of the marvelous stone temples. But she couldn't help but worry, part of her wanted to simply gather her fellow Guards and leave his bizzarre planet behind them. But she also had a strong will to try and change their stance on male and female relations. She couldn't imagine a world where there was no love, where the act of sex was just seen as a harvest of male seed. She was starting to long more and more for home, to crawl into bed with Runo.

She had not expected the homesickness to kick in so early. But they always said that the first tour of patrolling was often the hardest. But would it get easier? Would she grow accustomed to spending half of her life out in the emptiness of space? Maybe this wasn't the life for her, maybe she had made a mistake.

"It is very beautiful here." Kikata said, breaking the long silence.

"I am glad you think so." The woman said, her eyes gazing down at the stone city below. Beyond the tall structures lay a thick, green jungle.

"Are there many more cities liket this one?"

She laughed, "Like ours? No. Ours is the grandest." She spoke with pride, it had become clear how much pride these women took in their culture and accomplishments, and especially themselves, "There is another city where the great blue river meets the sea. But they are strange and primitive."

"How so?"

She laughed again, "They harvest seed like animals. They actually let the males inside of them."

Kikata raised her brow, "But that is how most creatures do this? Even in our own."

"That is our most sacred area! How could we let the lesser race taint it!"

Kikata went to continue, but did not see much point in arguing. She turned back towards the horizon as the reddened sun slipped out of view.

"We feast soon, come." The woman said rising to her feet. She pulled Kikata by the finger as she led her down the long stairs leading back into the city streets.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard backed himself against one of the curved walls of the what appeared to be a massive bowl. "You can't be serious." He grumbled to himself. He was surrounded by at least fifteen of the male aliens, each about a foot taller than himself. The giantesses worked furiously outside, the smells of cooking food and other pleasant smells wafted into Richards nostrils. He could only hope that he avoided any boiling water or ovens. Most of the men around him seemed old and battered, perhaps once they could no longer be harvested they would be eaten? It was a terrifying thought.

A smiling face appeared over them, gazing at them for a moment before lifting a large container over their heads. Shouts broke out as a sweet smelling white liquid rained over them. Richard tasted it, sure enough it was edible, and actually rather delicious. But it seemed to finally confirm his fate, he could only hope Kikata would get to him first. A large metal circle hovered over the bowl for a moment before enclosing them in darkness.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata knelt beside a long, long table. Her stomach growled as waited for the table to be fully set. Tiny men worked feverishly around the table top, filling glasses and any other task they could physically carry out. Finally the candles were lit, illuminating the wide open stone hall in a flickering yellowish light. A large fire roared in the far end of the room, a team of tiny men constantly throwing small strips of timber into the flames.

Finally the women that had been leading her around all day rose to her feet. She held her hands over her head and lowered her head, "We thank the gods for another bountiful year, and for bringing Kikata to our city. We thank you for seeing us fit for the true image of female power. We hope that our feast will be enough to nourish her strong body."

Kikata blushed at the last few remarks, "Thank you." She whispered. The meal began, endless platters of exotic fruits and meats covered the table. Kikata felt a little awkward taking in such large portions. After a while she wanted to bring back the conversation from earlier, "So this city by the sea, do they share your technological advances?"

"Yes. They are almost identical to us, however they act more like animals." There was a wave of agreement among the table.

"But, is it really so animalistic to interact like that? I mean in our culture it is such a special and sacred thing?"

"But the gods have clearly decided that your men were worthy of it." She remarked, alluding to Fisc. "Our men have been punished for the terrible deeds of their ancestors. It is the gods will that they serve below us. Someone like that should never gain the pleasure of these acts."

Kikata was starting to grow frustrated with their stubborn religious views, but saw no way to argue around such beliefs. "Has no one here ever wondered what it might be like? Surely you have not always had machines to...erm...collect their seed."

"Not always, but we are always making strides to better ourselves in the eyes of the gods." The room fell silent for a few moments. They seemed to drop the topic and move back on to more pleasant talks.

The night moved on slowly, finally as the fire had dulled to a dim cackling pile of embers and the candles had nearly melted away a figure appeared in the doorway.

"Your desert is here, Kikata."

"Desert? I'm not sure if I-"

"But you must, it is of the greatest importance to our gods!"

"O-Oh." Kikata eyed the large bowl nervously, what could be so important about desert?

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard watched as the top was finally opened, relieved to see Kikata looking inside. "Kikata!" He shouted.

Kikata's eyes widened, her fears had come true as she now stared down at her desert. "Y-You want me to...um..."

"Yes, do not worry. They have been cleaned and prepared, they are of no more use to us here."

"But-"

"Please. It is of the utmost importance that you accept this gift."

Kikata heard a familiar voice, "Richard?"

"Finally. Kikata these women are freaks. Get us the hell out of here they have Fisc locked up in a cage!"

"Um. This is sort of a tight spot for me, right now I will disrespect an antire audience of alien women, some of which have weapons, if I do not uh...eat you."

"Please don't tell me your considering it?" Richard nearly whined.

Kikata thought for a moment, "Look, I can take you out once I get to the ship, just like before."

"But on a full stomach?"

"You'll be fine."

"Kikata, there has to be another way."

Kikata scanned the room nervously, getting on these aliens bad side could be more dangerous than she first imagined. Her fingers dipped into the bowl, wrapping around one of the alien males.

"What the hell are you doing?" Richard yelled.

"Sorry, but this is the best I can do for now." She opened her mouth and slid the squirming man onto her tongue. The sweet taste of what ever it was they had coated them in spreading inside of her mouth. She closed her eyes as she swallowed, feeling a little sick to her stomach. "If I do not do it then someone else might do it. I am saving lives here."

Richard watched in disbelief as Kikata went through with it, one after the other. Finally it was his turn. He trusted her with his life, but this was a little much. However she did have a point, if she didn't eat them then surely they would be given to the rest.

"Ready?" She whispered.

"Fine..." Richard grumbled, "Hey!" He shouted as she lowered him back towards the bowl, gently sliding him across the bottom to collect some more of the sauce. "This sauce really is good."

"Probably made from baby skulls or something." Richard said wiping his face.

"Gross."

"Says the woman thats about to eat me."

Kikata scoffed, "Alright then, have fun being desert." She opened her mouth and carefully deposited the human inside. She gently shifted his tiny body on her tongue, tilting her head back slightly as she swallowed.

"Is our Goddess pleased?" The aliens voice finally called, they had been watching her eat silently.

"It was...good." Kikata said with a nod, "But if you excuse me, I have to go back to my ship. I promise I will return in the morning."

"Of course, sleep well."

Kikata stood from the table and made her way outside, a disgusting squirming in her stomach, "Ugh, Richard tell them to calm down."

Richard pushed one of the terrified bodies off of him in the blackness, "You tell them! I don't speak their language."

Kikata groaned, wanting this all to be over with already. She finally arrived at her ship, climbing inside and hurrying to the bathroom to begin releasing those inside of her stomach, "Gross..." She sighed, slipping her fingers towards her throat to gag herself.
Chapter 20 by Ginbug
Kikata coughed and gagged, her throat burning and her stomach wound in a tight knot. Finally the last of the small creatures slipped out of her throat and into the warm waters below. "S-Sorry." She panted, kneeling down by the sink. She went on to explain herself to the crowd of angry, startled and still frightened men. She refilled the sink with clean water and turned it into a sort of group bath house. Taking Richard back to the living quarters once he had washed himself once over.

"Great plan there boss." Richard said running his hands through his hair, "I still feel sticky."

"Look it worked didn't it?" Kikata snapped, still feeling miserable from having to release most of her meal. She cleared her throat, wincing as she tried to swallow. "Now we have to figure out to do from here."

"Get Fisc and get the hell out of here? Maybe blow up a few buildings on our way?"

Kikata rolled her eyes, "I can understand that you are bitter, but I am not leaving this city without at least trying to do some good first."

"You saved about fifteen guys back there. Thats enough good for me."

"And then we just release them into a world where they might be served as real food for someone? And a planet where they harvest the men instead of having sex? Richard we can't just leave this place as is."

"And you think you can change their minds?"

Kikata hesitated a moment, "Well, I want to try. I heard that there is another city not too far away where they do not use machines to erm."

"Suck our life liquids from us?"

"Yes, that. They didn't...erm...do that to you did they?"

"No, I was spared that fate, instead I was licked and sucked on before eventually being eaten by you again."

"I see. But regardless, I think there is a good chance that if they somehow see things as we see it they might change their ways."

"And again, how exactly do you think you can change an entire cities outlook on life? Kikata these aliens would probably need a sign from god himself to change their minds."

Kikata gasped, "Or god herself."

"Um, what?"

"Back there I got the feeling that they think I am some sort of messenger of the gods. Hell they even called me a goddess!"

"Hard to imagine you as a divine figure."

"But they do! That's the beauty of it!"

"So what? You're going to go in there and tell them that god told you to tell them to stop treating their men like cash crops?"

"Well...basically yes."

"That has to be the worst plan I have ever heard."

~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning Kikata awoke early, gathering the fifteen men and Richard into a box before heading into the city. She had changed back into her black jumpsuit hoping that it might help to give her a more alien goddess type look. Immediately she was met with a crowd of women, some of whom had been waiting outside of the ship all night just to see her.

"I hope you've got your story straight, I'm not sure your the best liar in the world."

"It's not lying if your doing it for the greater good." She whispered to the human who was once again perched on her shoulder.

"Nice logic." Richard smirked.

"Kikata!" A familiar voice called from within the crowd. The same women from the day before approached her, "Did you sleep well? Is everything good?"

"Everything is great, but I have come to speak to you all."

Her eyes brightened, "I-I see...it would be an honor, please follow me!" She hurried through the streets, the large crowd moving around her like a living river. They made their way into a magnificent hall. It's smooth stone floors and walls shone brightly in the rising sunlight. A cool wind blew through the silent chambers as they awaited for the Sky Goddess to speak.

Kikata cleared her throat before setting the box down at her feet, "Here are the men you presented to me last night." Those near the box looked inside to confirm this.

"You rejected the offering? But the gods-"

"They gods turned down your offering." Kikata butted in, a loud gasp spreading through the hall like a wave, "They spoke to me last night in dream." Richard snorted, "Shut up." Kikata whispered harshly, "They told me that the male races suffering pains them. They said that your machines have been destroying the natural beauty of life and love."

"B-But the gods made them small so that they can serve-"

"The males have more than paid for their misdeeds. In fact they gods told me that they are in need of repayment."

The crowd suddenly grew confused and angry, "Repayment?!" The leading women yelled, "But that is blasphemy!"

"Kikata what ever your saying doesn't seem to be working."

"Quiet Richard, I have this." Kikata cleared her throat again, "No. Taking away the gods natural plan is blasphemy!" She tried to force some fire into her own voice, trying to make herself believe what it was she was saying, "In my dream the gods reached out and pulled these men from my stomach and returned them to safety. Do not fear the change, the gods will it!"

"So what should we do?" A voice pleaded from the crowd.

"Undo your wrong doings and embrace your nature! Relearn how to love the male race. I know they can do terrible things, but so can we. You are right to think that your womanhood is a sacred place. It is a sacred place that only a man who has earned your heart may enter. By collecting their seed without discretion you are breaking the gods will! You are letting every man inside of you!"

The crowd went silent, as if these ideas had never crossed their minds before. "Then you will show us?" Someone finally called out.

Kikata recoiled a bit, "Show you?"

"Yes. Show us how to love the male race."

"B-But that is for you to-"

"If it is true than you can show us...please goddess let us learn from you."

Kikata was starting to turn red, she had almost made a break through but was afraid of what they were asking her. Her very closest beliefs and culture now hanging in the balance. "You mean...to...mate with-"

"Yes! The man on your shoulder, is he not your lover? Show us what to do goddess!" Another voice shouted out.

"Whats going on? Did they buy it?"

"A-Almost..." Kikata whispered, her cheeks growing even darker.

"Whats wrong?"

"They want...they need us to...show them." She focused her gaze on him, "In order for them to take my word they need us to show them how to make love."

"You're shitting me?" Richard stared into her eyes trying to find any hints that she may be joking, but her expression held true. "But, you wont do it right? I mean you have been saving yourself your entire life for your fiance? And to throw that away now? Here?"

"Richard...we both know that my feelings wont be true, but the entire male population is counting on us."

"This is turning into a pretty big lie..."

"I know, this is getting out of hand. But...But this is my duty. If us making love can save the lives of so many then I would be selfish to protect my own beliefs not to do this."

Richard was unsure of what to say. His mind nearly screamed with joy but at the same time he was overwhelmed by the guilt that he would enjoy this. Kikata was an untainted soul and had dedicated her life to remaining that way. "So...we do this now?"

Kikata scanned the room. The colorful faces stared back at her, silently watching and waiting for her next move. "Okay." She said to the crowd, "I will show you all what love is." The words were almost painful to say. This was a big lie. She cared for Richard deeply, but as a friend. He was handsome and a little too brave for his own good, perhaps if her heart was not taken she would be willing to give it to him. Remember this is purely physical. she told herself mentally. The reality of what she was about to do and experience was dawning on her. She was about to have sex with Richard in front of hundreds of strange alien women. But there was a cause. She had her duty to protect lives. She kept telling herself that she had to do this, that she wanted to do this.

Richard shifted nervously under Kikata's gaze. His guilt overpowered his excitement for now as he was hardly able to look her in the eye. He looked over his shoulder at all the curious women staring back. In some other scenario he might be living a dream come true. He knew what to expect going through with this, but wondered if he should try and make it as enjoyable for her as he did with Kina? Maybe if they made it as pretend as possible Kikata wouldn't be so hurt.

"Alright Richard, no one hears about this...not even Fisc."

"Okay."

Kikata nodded, lowering herself to her knees and setting Richard to the floor before her. She fought the trembling in her hand as she reached for the zipper of her jumpsuit. She took a deep breath and then slowly started to pull it down. In slow jerks she revealed herself, her eyes nearly ready to tear over as she experienced so many emotions at once. She kept her focus on Richard below, at least glad to see he seemed just as nervous as herself. She felt the cool morning air licking at her stomach now as the zipper had been pulled completely to its limits.

Richard watched almost in awe as she pulled her suit open. Suddenly this women that he had eyed down lustfully, this women that was one hundred precent off limits was now kneeling above him removing her clothes for him. The guilt once again hit just as hard as the natural excitement. The realization that he was going to have sex with Kikata against her will washed over him. He was going to spoil the virginity that she had worked so hard to maintain.

The black jumpsuit fell off of Kikata's shoulders to the floor under her rear. The situation became more and more real with each passing moment. Her fingers tugged at the fabric and pulled it away from her hips and thighs. She was exposed. Naked for hundreds to see. Her breaths were slow and shaking. Her hand now trembled outside of her control as she lifted Richard towards her.

"Richard, I need your help with this." She whispered, "Y-You are more experienced than I at this...so if you could..."

"Lead the way?"

"Yes. Thank you. What should we do?"

"I think that should be obvious."

"But, like." She swallowed nervously, "Do I do you first and then you do me?"

"We can just do one, let them see their half of it." He offered.

"O-Okay, so...are you ready?"

Richard nodded, "Just doing our job right?" He said, forcing a laugh. She tried to smile in return as she lowered him down the long expanse of her body. He fought the urge to reach out and feel her soft breasts and stomach as he glided past them. Suddenly he was standing before her sex. Pure, untouched. He felt dirty, he felt like this was against everything that they were trying to show these women. He could feel the heat radiating around him already. The smell of her womanhood engulfed him. He reached out an arm and prepared to enter.

"Wait!" A voice called out from the crowd. The entire audience averted their gaze from Kikata to a young looking girl who had jumped atop a table.

"What is it?" The leading women's voice asked, rather annoyed.

"I-I know of this love that the goddess speaks. A-And I think what we are forcing her to do is wrong."

"How do you know these things?"

"I have made love with a man! I am in love with him! I have kept it hidden all of these years out of fear but now the goddess has told me that my heart was in the right place!"

Kikata lowered her hand to the floor, letting Richard climb down before quickly pulling her jumpsuit over herself again. A wave of relief washed through her body. "You see, I am not telling you anything new." She said trying to regain her confident voice.

"I too know of love!" Another voice shouted out. There was a sudden wave of excitement that overtook the crowd. A mass hysteria of proclaiming their own loves and feelings that had been hidden away all their lives. Kikata watched as nearly half the audience dispersed. They ran back to their homes where they kept their hidden servants out of harms way. They searched the streets for a small man to pour their tightly kept emotions onto. It was as if Kikata had suddenly removed a blindfold from their eyes. The reaction was more than Kikata could have even planned herself.

"Well that went well." Richard finally said as the shouts and cheers died down.

"Yes...and thank you."

"For what?"

"For understanding what this meant for me." She brought him to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on his chest. A friendly kiss.

"Hey, it's what I do."

"Just, don't tell anyone what we almost did? Or what you saw?"

"Nothing to be ashamed of." Richard shrugged, grinning as she gave him a playful glare, "Don't worry, my lips are sealed."

"Good. If I thought otherwise I might have to eat you do keep your mouth shut."

~ ~ ~ ~

Fisc entered the ship, a bewildered look on his face. "Hi." He said before slumping into his chair.

"You alright?" Kikata asked with a small grin.

"I-I'm not sure." He started. "At first this was the worst god damn day of my life. And then all the sudden...five of those girls broke into my cage and erm...well...I'm not sure if that counteracts the first miserable day. Which might make this the best day of my life."

Richard laughed, "I'd sit in a cage for twenty four hours to make love with five alien women."

"You didn't get any?" Fisc asked with an arched brow.

"No." Richard said, eyes flickering to Kikata who only smiled slightly before turning towards the cockpit.

"Okay boys, lets get out of here." She said as she sat down into her seat.

Fisc shrugged, "Another day wouldn't kill me."

"Well...there can be too much of a good thing." Richard laughed as Fisc carried him up to Kikata.

"Forgot something." He said, setting Richard down onto her shoulder.

"Oh right." Kikata laughed again, he plucked the tiny human off her shoulder. They shared a somewhat awkward smile before she set him down next to his own seat. Everyone strapped themselves in. The crowd of newly love struck aliens watched in awe as their craft returned to the skies. The entire team was still fumbling with all of the sudden changes in emotions and circumstances. The adventures of Nova Force only seemed to get stranger and stranger...
Chapter 21 by Ginbug
Kikata let out a long sigh of relief. There it was, the green and blue gem of Teralist. They had spent the last week lazily drifting around the uncharted sector of space. They had been given a five day leave, as far as Kikata was concerned that wasn't long enough.

"So this is it huh?"

"Yes. This is home." Kikata said as a smile continued to spread wider across her lips.

"And what a damn good sight it is!" Fisc said from behind Kikata's shoulder.

They watched silently as the ship made its decent into the Teralist atmosphere. The sky had opened up into a perfectly clear day to accept them, the bright blue waters below sparkling brightly in the warm day. Richard was shocked at how massive the expanse of forest was below them, the only breaks in the green landscape being the long blue river and the equally massive body of water in the distance. They skimmed across the tall tree line until a large white structure came into view. It was the Neko home base.

The large structure looked almost like plastic as it shone in the bright afternoon sun. It's walls were almost completely white and smooth, hardly a sharp edge visible on the entire base. The architecture almost reminded Richard of the ancient Indian temples as the tall watch towers were often topped with a rounded dome.

The ship entered the massive base, taking its place among the countless other starships in the docking bay. They were met by a team of workers who were sent to help remove Fisc's equipment and instal it into his new ship. Richard and Kikata gathered their own small bags of belongings.

"Well." Fisc started as they prepared to exit the ship, "It has been an honor to serve with...erm..."

"Nova Force." Kikata said with a grin.

"Yes, Nova Force. But alas Fiscious is a one man army."

"And it was a pleasure to have a third guard on the team." Kikata said leaning in for a hug, "We will see you?"

"Of course. I'll be in town for at least two days while my ship is being prepped."

"Could show Richard the night life." Kikata laughed.

"You mean take him off your hands?" Fisc said with a wink.

"I take it theres no human town where I can pretend to be among my own kind?" Richard called up.

Kikata shook her head, "No, just us Neko's. Whats wrong? Sick of us already?" She asked with an arched brow.

"You have no idea." Richard said folding his arms.

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Well I received a message from my parents. They want to see both of you over for dinner, they are curious to see whose asses I have been keeping out of trouble for the past month."

"After your debriefing." A rough voice called from behind. The Neko's ears fell as they realized the General had snuck up behind them.

They quickly spun towards him, straightening their posture, "Sir." Kikata said.

"Fiscious you may report to your squad leader. Kikata, Richard, you come with me."

"Yes sir." Fisc barked, giving one final nod towards Richard and Kikata before leaving the ship.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata's heart pounded heavily in her ears as she awaited the generals arrival to his office. She tapped her fingers on her knee and rocked slightly in her chair, her upper teeth digging into her bottom lip tightly.

"Relax." Richard said, eyeing her for a moment, "You look like your waiting for a jury hearing."

"I can't. I've been freaking out about this for a two weeks now! What if they suspend me! What if they take away my ship!"

"Nothing like that is going to happen." Richard assured her.

Kikata struggled not to drop her ears as the General entered the office. "Welcome back." Was his opening comment, light hearted enough. The old man dropped himself into a wide chair, eyeing the two guards for a few moments.

"Any new reports?"

"N-No sir." Kikata said, "But we have the logs from that station." She nudged Richard forward.

"Oh right." Richard grunted, glaring back up towards Kikata before stepping forward himself. He held out the small box.

"Hang onto that, we will get another copy from your computers." The General cleared his throat, "So. About your exploits."

"Sir." Kikata managed to blurt out, the blood running from her cheeks.

He leaned back and slid open a drawer. He outstretched his arm and set a molded piece of metal before her. A wrinkled grin spread across his lips.

"T-This is-"

"That's right. A red star for your fast thinking and quick actions. If it weren't for you Guard Fiscious might not be alive right now. Or he would be hopelessly lost in a dark region of space."

Kikata was in shock as she accepted the medal, "I-I don't know what to say..."

"And this." The General continued. He placed down another metal emblem, "An ambassadors pendant. We were impressed with what we heard about your negotiating skills on planet 999 3754, now known as Kikantansu."

Kikata had to blink to avoid a joyous tear from running down her cheek, "I-It is named after me?"

"Of course." The General chuckled, "We have sent a party of ambassadors there just last night, to officially accept the locals into the Alliance."

The Generals gaze shifted towards Richard, "And of course we have not forgotten about your exploits Richard. We have ordered a smaller version of the Red Star for you as well. The United Nations on Earth has been alerted of this."

The General took a deep breath, "But onto some more pressing matters. It may not surprise you to hear that our growing threat, otherwise known as the New Order, has increased their hostile activity in the past two weeks. Following the unfortunate assault on two Nova Guard ships prior to your leave they have directly bombarded a station. Casualties were minimal but they are certainly pressing their message." He leaned back in his chair, "Because of your actions we reassigned you a new route. One that will put you where we think they might be moving next."

"I see, sir."

"You are free to engage the enemy, but I do advise you use the most extreme caution." The General let his words sink in for a few moments, "If this is too much responsibility you may resign yourself to your previous routes. But enjoy your leave, that is all."

~ ~ ~ ~

An hour later Richard and Kikata were on their way to the lake side city, where Kikata was born and raised. They had boarded a large transport vehicle similar to a train, though it did not run on any tracks at all. Instead it glided just over the treetops along rows of officially marked poles.

"Can you believe it!" Kikata said eyeing her two new medals, "Two! I've got two medals already!"

"Told you there was nothing to worry about." Richard chuckled. He had seated himself backwards on her shoulder so he could look out the large window into the outside world.

Kikata nodded, it felt so strange to be home again. All the sights were so familiar but at the same time she felt so out of place. She was happy to be home, thrilled even. While she was overwhelmingly excited that not only had she not gotten into trouble, but she was awarded for her exploits, she was worried of the added burden they had acquired. Their new route would put them right into the path of danger, a danger she was still unsure she was ready to face.

But for now she would ignore it, she had five days to spend by the beach with her husband to be and her family. They entered the city, the buildings very similar to that of the large base. Simplicity was their style. Simplicity and smooth round edges. Richard recognized the tight fitting, spandex like clothes on most of the residents. The males wearing thicker versions but often remained in single piece jump suits.

The train like vehicle lowered itself to a stop in the town center. Kikata paraded herself through her old town proudly in her Nova Guard uniform, Richard perched on her shoulder like a small pet. He caught an odd glance from just about every passerby who saw them. He felt as if he should be used to it, after all he had been surrounded by these big creatures for over a month now. But now he was with locals. People who only saw Neko's, with alien visitors only visiting on off occasions. Of course his small stature only added to his strange appearance.

"We're home!" Kkata sighed turning left onto a long walkway that looked as if it was made from marble.

"Oh wow." Richard mumbled, the house was absolutely massive. And not just massive because it was a Neko home. This house made most of the surrounding structures look minuscule.

"It's a bit over the top yes." Kikata said as they approached the front door, "But most of our family lives there so we fill up the space."

She took hold of the door, however before she could pull it open herself it seemed to fling open on its own, a small crowd of Neko's staring out at them.

"Kikata!" A high voice shrieked excitedly. A shorter female jumped forward, her black hair and golden eyes uncannily similar to Kikata's.

"Family!" Kikata said in her native tongue as she was engulfed into the group.
Chapter 22 by Ginbug
Richard stared out across the blue expanse of water, a warm breeze gently slipping through his hair. The day before they had just arrived on Teralist. He was introduced to her entire family, father, mother, three sisters and an assortment of cousins, aunts and uncles. They reminded him of the wealthy families back on earth, leading a carefree life on the beach.

Even with ten plus people living in Kikata's home it seemed like a castle. The massive dining room was breathtaking, not to mention the assortment of drinks and food. Fisc had stopped by briefly to introduce himself, but he would be coming by later tonight to show Richard around town.

His eyes wandered across the impressively wide beach front, he could almost imagine himself back home. His gaze fell on Kikata, her pale skin distinguishing her from the much tanner members of her family. Almost all of them shared her dark hair and fur, though the bright golden yellow eyes were unique to her, one of her sisters and her father. A tall and fit man stood next to Kikata, carefully pampered short brown hair sitting atop his head in a way Richard found particularly annoying. A nimble, thin tail flicked from side to side behind him.

"So Runo is a Fela eh?" Richard grumbled to himself. He hated to admit it, but he was jealous. The more he denied it to himself the more he realized how true it was. The more he gawked at Kikata in her tightly fitting two piece the more he reflected on the body that he had witnessed just barely contained beneath the taunt blue fabric.

He heard a series of booms followed by a massive crash, a long dark shadow looming over him.

"Sitting around huh?" A soft voice asked.

Richard turned to see Kikata's older sister, Kikarra. As Richard learned it was common practice among Teralist natives for daughters and sons to share the same root sound as their corresponding parent. For example Kikata's mothers name was Kikai (spelled as pronounced for us english speakers). Her three daughters are named, from oldest to youngest, Kikarra, Kikata, Kikala, and Kikap. Richard wondered what it must have been like to grow up in a house of four daughters. He himself came from a family of three brothers.

"Still sitting around, Richard?" Kikarra asked with a concerned look. Kikarra was into her late twenties in human years, a good bit older than Kikata and her other sisters. Out of the three sisters she seemed the only other with real ambitions out of marrying a nice man and living the life on the beach. She was well educated, spoke many languages, and held a job in some business.

Richard shrugged, "A little too big out there for me." He chuckled, "I'll avoid getting trampled by some little kids for now."

Kikarra laughed, "I could hardly imagine what it must be like. I could take you out to the water if you like? Keep an eye open." She said with a wink.

Richard nodded, he figured he may as well live it up while he could, "Alright." He brushed some sand from his shorts as he stood, stepping up onto Kikarra's well manicured hand which she had placed down next to him. She rose to her feet slowly, holding Richard out in front of her as she walked out towards the water. She called something out to the others in their native language, Richard heard his name thrown in there. He still felt a little embarrassed when he was handled like this. He felt like the families new puppy, or something along those lines.

~ ~ (I will split these areas for Richard and Kikata's perspectives, when from her perspective the dialog will be written in english though will often be in their native language)~ ~

Kikata took hold of Runo's hand as she walked over towards her older sister, Richard seated awkwardly on her outstretched hand.

"Going for a swim?" She asked her sister with a small grin.

Kikarra nodded, "He looked bored."

Kikata laughed, "Alright, sounds like a good time."

"Not for me." Runo said with a shrug. He leaned forward and gave Kikata a kiss on the cheek, "I'm going to go answer a few calls."

"Work? But I just got here!" Kikata pouted.

"I know, but I promise to make it up to you later."

Kikata rolled her eyes, watching Runo walk back up the beach, leaning down to grab his shirt before climbing the tall dunes towards the house. She joined her other three sisters who had gathered by Kikarra's side. Neither Kikala nor Kikat spoke a word of english, however each of her younger sisters were insatiably obsessed with the tiny human, like many neko were. They shared the same star struck infatuation with him because he was a human soldier, the very same type that they saw in so many movies. And even Kikata had to admit that Richard was handsom, and somewhat charming.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard glanced from sister to sister, finally looking up towards Kikata. It was a sight to behold, that was for sure. But it was made all the more awkward for him knowing that not a single one of these girls was available, at least not available within good taste. For starters Kikat was equivalent to a sixteen year old human girl, even Richard would not stoop that low. Kikarra was happily married herself and Richard was pretty sure that Kikala had a boyfriend of some sort, a woman as strikingly beautiful as herself had to. But overall even if one were single Richard felt obligated not to hit on his partners family members.

"You look tense?" Kikata asked with a laugh.

"You try being carried around all the time." He replied, trying to mask the real reason for his nervous composure. Alls he could see was a wall of cleavage that surrounded him, and that dark hair, and those pretty eyes. He shook his head, this was too much for one guy to handle...where was Kina when he needed her?

Kikata lowered her hand down over him, "Here, maybe I can help you relax."

"I have a feeling this wont help." He groaned. He watched as Kikata turned and started to wade out into the water. He peered over the edge of her hand, the waves and water crashing against her thighs in massive bursts of mist like waves crashing into stone cliffs. He couldn't help but wonder what things like water and sand felt like at the size of nekos.

~ ~ ~ ~

"So is it true you really swallowed him?" Kikat asked curiously.

"Twice." Kikata laughed.

"How did he react?"

"Well. He was less than thrilled, both times."

The girls shared a laugh, Kikata eyed Richard playfully who seemed to know that they were laughing at his expense. She brought her hand to what she figured as a safe level, flashing Richard one more grin before turning her hand over and dropping him in.

Richards ears would be filled with a roar of girlish laugher as he plummeted a good twenty feet down into the clear water.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard opened his eyes, a herd of tiny bubbles rushing up towards the surface as he hung idly in the cool liquid world. The laughs and voices from above echoed around him. His now long hair drifted around his head as he looked around at the massive pillars of smooth tan skin and supple womanly curves. It nearly made him want to scream out in frustration. Kina was right, he did get lonely out there.

He kicked his legs and breached the surface. "Funny." He called up. The view was even more unbearable than the one from Kikarra's hand. Now not only was he surrounded by walls of soft, sexual flesh. But now they were shining with moisture. He never dreamed being surrounded by four beautiful women could be so torturous, but here he was literally floating in a sea filled with women he couldn't have.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard let out a sigh of relief, finally he could get out and enjoy himself. At least that was the plan.

"So what's the plan?" He called up to Fisc.

"Let's see. We'll go to some bars, and then see where the night takes us."

"Sounds about right." Richard chuckled.

He watched as Fisc leaned into a sleek black vehicle. He spoke to the driver briefly before leaning back into the seat.

"So, how was your day with Kikata and family?"

"Rough." Richard laughed.

"Oh yeah?"

He nodded, "Apparently drop the human into the water is a new pass time here. I thought I'd never get the water out of my ear."

Fisc snorted, "Complain about being rough handled by the four most sought after sisters on the coast?"

"That's just it! They are all breathtaking and yet so unattainable. It's a dick tease man." Richard thought a moment, "And don't tell Kikata I said that. The last thing I need is her flaunting that fact over me."

"Ahh. You've got what us guys on the Force call Eathilia gunto!"

"Eathil-what?"

"I think it translates to...how do you say...Space balls." Fisc laughed, his hand cupping his groin for a moment, "And let me tell you I am suffering the same fate. You and me both need to find ourselves some kind ladies tonight."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata sighed, she had wanted to go out with the boys tonight but Runo, along with her family insisted she stay in.

"What's wrong?" Runo asked sitting next to her on the couch in her families wide and lavish living room.

Kikata shrugged, "Nothing really. I'm just bored." Her golden eyes met his, "Come on let's go out. I've been on duty for so long I want to let off some steam."

"Those bars are just so filthy. And now more than ever with so many of those damn-" He noticed Kikata's brow raising as he was about to refer to her fellow comrades in a derogatory way. He sighed, "Alright, but let me tell you the news first."

"News?"

Runo nodded, "I...got the promotion."

Kikata gasped, the bitterness suddenly disappearing with a sense of pride for her love, "Oh! Runo! I am so happy!" She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a long kiss upon the lips.

Runo grinned proudly, "Yup. You are officially looking at the man who foresees all imports and exports from Teralist." He leaned in closer and whispered, "Not to mention a man that could afford to send you to any exotic location you might like with hardly a thought."

Kikata smiled at the thought. A life that lived more like a permanent vacation, "It's a nice dream."

"Dream? No Kikata it's a reality now. We did it." He kissed her on the cheek, "Now, be reasonable...how important to you is this Nova Guard thing? Now I know you want to do something with your life. I respect that completely you know I do. But why restrain yourself to their program? With my help you could go help twice as many planets of your choosing! Send the aid where it's needed most."

"I can't just abandon the Guard. Not in the middle of my first mission of all times! I was just awarded two medals and given responsibilities!"

"With my connections? You could be out and living your life within days. Hours even. Look let me make a call-"

"Runo. I love you and I know you mean well. But let's not be brash? I enjoy what I do. I really do."

"I know." He smiled, "You keep me in line. It's just I am so excited."

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard bounced slightly atom Fisc's shoulder as they made their way into the bar. Fisc had mentioned this place was popular among the Guards and other military men and women. So it was no surprise that they were met with a lot of uniforms. A constant drone of cheers and shouts echoed from the far end of the bar.

"Let's check it out." Fisc nearly shouted as they walked into the dimly lit bar.

They snaked their way through the crowd of cheering neko's until they stood infront of a large screen. Neither of them could believe what they saw.

A black and white video displayed on the screen. A dark hallway seemed all to familiar to Richard. He recoiled in disbelief as he watched an armored figure sprint across the screen, stopping briefly to fire weapon into a massing crowd of lanky pale creatures. Blood and debris sprayed against the gray walls, much to the cheering neko's delight.

"Is that..." Richard gasped. But he knew. That was him!

"They must be playing the surveillance video from that log you got."

"No fucking way." He muttered. He wasn't sure if he should feel disturbed or pride at the video. In that moment he was living in sheer violent terror. But here on the screen he looked like some sort of movie star.

"Here comes my part." Fisc mused quietly as they watched Richard sprint down the hall towards the exit. Once he dove through the small doorway in the top right left corner of the screen a large shadow enveloped the doorway. The camera shook violently as a series of flashes exploded from Fisc's rifle, sending bodies and debris scattering through the morbid hallway. Alls that was left afterward was smoke and blood.

"Christ..." Richard muttered.

But all the other neko watching were disconnected from the event. To them it was just an action movie. They weren't there to experience the terror of being hunted by a horde of bloodthirsty undead.

"What are they chanting?" Richard yelled over the storm of voices.

"Play it again, play it again." Fisc said. "You know what will shut them up?"

"Whats that?" Richard watched as Fisc moved in front of the screen, "Wait hang on I don't want to be-" He sighed, too late.

"Why watch the man on the screen when I've got him right here on my shoulder!" Fisc called out the crowd. He grinned as they all fell silent. "That's right. The very same human in that video is right here in the flesh." He offered a hand to Richard so he might be displayed for all to see. Richard climbed on reluctantly, waving out towards the wide eyed crowd nervously.

There was a moment of silence. Then with a new sense of vigor the crowd cheered and surrounded Fisc chanting "Richard! Richard!"

Richard couldn't help but grin.
Chapter 23 by Ginbug
Richard was surprised he made it to a round tabletop in one piece as the crowd seemed to go insane with his appearance. Everyone wanted a picture or a chance to hold the small human zombie killing machine. Richard had always tried to remain humble but with all the praise he couldn't help but feel a little pride. Maybe he was a pretty good soldier after all, not just some glorified security guard for science expeditions.

Suddenly a familiar face slipped through the crowd. Kikata, accompanied by Kikarra and Kikala approached the table.

"I thought I heard your name being thrown around." Kikata said with a grin, kneeling down next to him.

Richard shrugged, "We're famous now apparently." He laughed, "Did you see the video?"

"Yes. I could hardly watch." She said with a groan, "They shouldn't be showing that horrid stuff in public, even if this is supposed to be a place for mature adults." She glanced around, "Which reminds me if you see Kikat tonight tell her to get her butt back home before I kick it there."

Richard nodded, "Will do. Where has Runo got off too? Making more business calls?"

"No. He's getting us girls a drink."

"So have you gotten much attention?"

Kikata rolled her eyes, "No, I'm not in it for the glory."

Richard laughed, "You'll get used to it."

"That's alright. You can go ahead and soak-"

"Kikata!" A voice blurted from behind Richards shoulder. Fisc nearly stumbled to her side, "You made it!" He grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face the bar, "Hey! Hey everyone!" He shouted in the neko language. The room slowly fell silent, somehow Fisc had become a sort of announcer for the night. "Here by my side. The only force in the universe capable of keeping that killing machine under control. The proud captain and brains of the Nova Force. Kikata!"

"Fisc cut it out." Kikata grumbled, her cheeks turning bright red. Her ears fell as they were bombarded by a loud cheer. She couldn't help but smile.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard swayed slightly, a little overwhelmed by the shower of free drinks. The collar and chest of his shirt was drenched, receiving a free drink generally ment an oversized sip out of someone else's drink. The night was growing late and a large portion of the bars population was slowly starting to dwindle away.

He heard the clank of glass against the table behind him. He held up his hand, "No...really I think I need a break."

"Oh? Not even if I offer it?" A familiar voice asked in a pouty tone.

Richard rose his eyebrow and turned to see a curvaceous neko sitting at his table. Her lips curled in a playful smile as she twirled an icy red drink, "How are you, Richard?" Kina asked.

"Oh...me? I'm great! If you couldn't tell."

Kina laughed, "You and that Kikata have made quite a name for yourself. I am surprised I am the first woman to come for you."

"I wouldn't say you were the first."

"Well. The first to come with the intent of bringing you home."

"Ah. I see."

"That is...unless you have made arrangements since we last met?"

"No. None. In fact I have been dying out there." Richard laughed.

A broad smile creased her lips, "Well then, you will be really glad to meet my friend!"

Richard arched his brow, "Your friend?"

Kina nodded, turning her head and shouting something. She turned back to him with a mischievous smile. A large figure walked towards them, her blonde, nearly white hair bouncing atop her tan shoulders. A set of bright blue eyes fell on Richard, a pair of bright pink lips turning upwards in a smile. "Hi!" She said, with one word her very thick accent became prevalent.

"This is Luntana. She was a friend of mine back in advanced schooling."

"Hello." Richard said with a nod, his eyes falling from her face and onto her hourglass form barely concealed behind a silky black dress.

"She doesn't speak very much english at all. But I can translate for us." She turned towards her and whispered something quietly in her ear.

Luntana nodded, giggling girlishly as her eyes focused on Richard who was standing there wondering if Kina intended to send him off with some strange alien woman.

"She says she is a huge fan. And would be delighted if you would join us back at her place."

"Us?"

Kina grinned and leaned down before him, "I don't tend to go for this. But something about these Alta women just drives me wild!"

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata clung to Runo's arm as they made their way down the street. "Let's go to your place." She said, "It's closer."

Runo nodded, "Sure thing."

They walked quietly for a few minutes. Kikatas eyes rose upwards towards the sky. It was perfectly black, not a single star shining through the haze of city lights. It was the first time she had seen an empty night sky in so long it felt like. "I've gotten so pale." She mumbled, glancing at her arm.

"It looks beautiful."

She shrugged, it made her feel like an outsider. And for the first time since she had entered adolescence she didn't really want to be on the outside of this community. Lounging on the beach, eating nice food, perhaps she hadn't appreciated the opportunity she had been given? "Maybe you were right." She finally.

"About what?"

Kikata sighed, "This whole guard thing. Maybe I am being a little silly..."

"Oh babe you're not being silly. You want to go out and help people. That's what I love about you." He pulled her tightly to his side, "But there is a lot of danger out there now. How about this. You already have been made an official ambassador with for the Alliance so why not take that and combine it with the funding I will be bringing in and do something actually helpful. Not sifting around in these dirty military wastelands for people who can't help but blow themselves up!"

"Well...I wouldn't put it like that." Kikata muttered, "But maybe. But the problem still stands that I can't just up and leave the Guard just like that! I will need to at least finish the next month and a half and maybe theres a small chance that-"

"Let's just get married. With my connections it will serve as the perfect excuse."

Kikata blinked, "But...Runo you know how I feel about this. It is one of the few things that I have left with our timeless culture. If I throw that away I will just be another faceless number in the universe. All a part of the same gigantic consumer culture..."

"It's not like that Kikata! We're at the top of our times! We're paving a new life for ourselves? Who cares what some ancient fossils told us about how to lead our lives so many thousands of years ago? Who is better off now?"

"We wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for our ancestors. Discovery is relative from age to age. Creating and building a culture is just as impressive as discovering how to create and manipulate rifts in space! It's not like we did this in a few years, it all builds on each other."

"Yes but now we are doing all of those things at once! Building a language that transcends species, creating a culture that spreads not just across regions on the map but from solar system to solar system!"

Kikata leaned her head against his shoulder. His reasoning did not settle well with her but it made sense in a Runo sort of way. He was always trying to turn every situation into a positive one. "So. Get married hm?"

~ ~ ~ ~

Kina climbed up a narrow set of steps that looked as if they were made of marble. She lived in what looked like an apartment complex built for the rich children of business CEO's and government officials, it would not have surprised Richard.

He glanced over his shoulder towards Kina who held him, the slightly taller Luntana peering over her shoulder with a wide grin. Luntana pressed herself to Kina's back and wrapped her arm around her, planting it firmly against a black pad to the right of the smooth white door in front of her. After a short pause and a faint beep the door slid open. As the two neko's walked inside a soft light filled the lavish apartment. Unlike the rather plain and simplistic furnishings of the outside city, the apartment was packed with colorful art and trinkets.

"Nice place." Richard said, his head still swaying slightly in his drunkenness.

Kina whispered something to the Alta, who replied with another giggle. Her blue eyes peered down at the human excitedly as they came to a pause in the middle of her living room.

"She says thank you." Kina translated with a smile, "A lot of this stuff are actually things I gave her. She shares my interest with exo-planets and alien species and so I send her little things that I find along the way."

"Is your father aware of...you two?"

Kina grinned, "Aware? Partly. He knows we are friends and actually offered that I might date her older brother, he is a rising Officer in the military, handsom one at that. But alas I am not looking for dates right now, I am looking for fun."

"And she is more fun than he?"

Kina laughed, gently brushing the girls hair who had been watching their conversation obliviously, "Of course. In a way it's perfect. We both are in it for physical means, it wont change our old friendship all too much. And the worst thing that could happen down the line if our new lovers discover our past would be constant begging to try it with two women."

"Aren't I lucky." Richard whispered softly. His eyes scanned the cluttered countertop idly, until his gaze met something unexpectedly familiar. "Is that...a guitar?"

"A what?" Kina asked, leaning down and trying to figure out Richard was pointing at. She let him off her hand, the two neko crouching down next to the small couch side table.

"It's an instrument, you know, music?"

"Can you play?" Kina's shifted as her friend whispered in her ear excitedly.

"It's been a year or so but I think I can." He said, lifting the instrument off its stand. He wondered why a neko would keep such a tiny thing around.

"She says she forgot she even had it. If you want it you can have it." She arched her brow, "If you can play us a song that is."

Luntana set her hand down for Richard to climb atop. Slowly bringing him towards a large couch. She set him down on top of the back cushion, she and Kina sat down facing inwards.

Richard toyed with the tuning, having a little trouble in his drunken state. His gaze shifted between the large blue eyes to his right and the large brown eyes to his left and smiled, "Well I don't know if you'll recognize any of this but here goes nothing."

He gently strummed down on the strings, surprised that the old guitar actually carried a nice sound. He pressed his fingers down on the fret board and began to play an old western song that he learned so many years ago. It was an old song, ancient even. But it was the first to come to mind, and he always enjoyed the sound. His hands were a bit clumsy at first, but he eventually found his rhythm.

He grinned to himself as it seemed his musical spell was working. The two girls looked towards him with wide eyes, their hands clasped together between them. It reminded him of his brief run in with college back before he joined the marines. The two neko were drawn in closer and closer to his strumming, their foreheads eventually gently pressing against each other as their faces hovered just a few fee away from the tiny musician.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata blushed as she felt her lovers hand gently slipping across her back, their lips deeply intertwined as they lay across his bed. His fingers undid her bra, something she aloud him to do. She pulled it from her chest and tossed it aside, smiling as more of their skin pressed together. She hardly noticed as his hand slipped down across her stomach, only when his hand slipped between her legs from under her panties did she gently grab his wrist and pull it away.

"Sorry." He mumbled quietly.

"It's okay, Runo. I know I'm a tease but just imagine how great it will be. And sooner rather than later now, yes?"

The light flicked on and Runo smiled, "That's right. I think you will realize what a good choice this was." He threw his legs over the side of the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Kikata sighed, she was really starting to feel better about it already. He was right, why wait? Why put herself through so much stress and anxiety waiting a whole two more cycles to finally express her sexual desires. Her mind briefly fell back to that near experience with Richard on the planet they had discovered. She pulled the thick sheets up and nestled herself beneath them.

Her brow furrowed as her toe nail caught on a fabric that didn't seem to fit. She pulled her leg backwards and took hold of the light and silky cloth. She brought it out into the light and examined it, not quite sure she was looking at.

"Hey, how about tomorrow-" Runo walked back into the bedroom, stopping short as he saw Kikata with the black laced fabric.

"Runo." Kikata began slowly as she realized just what it was. It was a pair of tiny lace panties. And they were certainly not hers. There was hardly enough fabric to cover anything at all, and the back was cut in a way so it would ride right up her rump uncomfortably. Kikata hated these things. "Whose are these?"

"Who. erm. I'm not sure aren't they yours?"

"You know I do not wear these." Kikata could hardly get her mind to wrap around the obvious truth. She stepped out of bed, dropping the mysterious panties on the bed before her. "Runo...tell me...tell me you have not..."

"What? Of course not! Kikata I would never do that!"

"Then explain the fucking panties in your bed!" She blurted, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Kikata, they probably just got mixed into the wash when I did the sheets before you came."

Kikata didn't buy it. Runo never washed the sheets and she couldn't think of anyone who might have mixed their underwear in his load. "Is this what it was all about? Sex?"

"Kikata you're just hysterical. It's not as it appears trust me."

"I came to terms that waiting would be hard for you and we made exceptions to the rule. You have been receiving all the pleasure in this relationship was it so hard to wait for real actual sex! With me? The woman you have claimed to love for all this time?"

"I do love you Kikata and I did not bring another woman into our bed..."

"Then explain it! And don't try to play me like you play your clients at work!"

Runo sighed, "All of those months up in space must have made you para-"

"Don't you fucking say it! Everyone thinks there must be something wrong! Why don't you live like your sisters Kikata? Why don't you just settle down?" Kikata pulled her dress back over her shoulders, her cheeks glistening with tears as she gathered her things.

"Because we live in a new age!" Runo finally blurted. "And you just can't seem to get with the times. Alright fine. I made a mistake one night and I regret it."

"So you did. You went behind my back while I was working so hard-"

"While you were working so hard? I am the one who created the perfect life for us! I have set us up for a trip to the easy life for ourselves and our children and their children after that. You have just been playing around with your fathers hard earned money pretending that you are out to save the god damn universe!"

"What the hell are you talking about!?"

"You think you are some hot shot now? That the military gave you some medals for putting your damn craft on auto-pilot to pick up some failed human military man from his broken up camp?"

"Don't you bring him into this."

"Open your eyes Kikata. This isn't one of those damn movies that your father took you to when he should have just left you with your mother so you might learn your place!"

Kikata's eyes shot into a cold glare. He had stepped over the line. He not only betrayed her trust and love but he put down all of her hard work, not only in the Guard but her life's ambition to get out of this place and not become just another spoiled housewife. "Go to hell."

"Alright, Kikata I'm sorry. That was over the line I didn't mean-"

"No, Fuck you Runo. I hope you find a pleasant little whore to throw your money upon because I don't want it. You can take your perfect life, and your dream vacations and you can shove them up your fucking ass, you gad damn pig! I realize now why I left in the first place. It was so that I would never have to become what you want me to be."

"Alright. Fine. Go." Runo spat. Watching as Kikata made her way for the door. "Maybe that human can wait seven god damn cycles to actually make your relationship real and intimate."

Kikata threw open the door, "Yeah? Well if I did fuck Richard at least I would be fucking a real man!" She slammed the door and stormed out of the house. She was torn and tattered, her entire life felt as if it was crumbling beneath her feet. She wanted to be wrong. She wanted to run back into that room and take him back as if it never happened. She had hardly known a life where he was not a part of it and now it was all gone. One little mistake. But no, this was no little mistake. Who knows how many times he had gone behind her back. After what she did to him, even stooping low enough to please him orally.

As she stepped out into the night a new stream of emotion intertwined itself with the depression and the anger. She felt oddly empowered. She felt as though the universe was against her and she had but one chance to prove that she could be better than the rest. She was a Nova Guard. She was a damn good Nova Guard.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard looked up in disbelief as the two woman pressed against one other on the bed kneeling directly over him. They seemed to get lost with each other for a few long minutes, ignoring the small man between their knees.

Without even looking down Kina lowered her hand. Richard climbed on eagerly, watching as he rose past the two towers of flesh.

"Think your up for it?" She said with a grin.

"It's been a long month and a half." He laughed, feeling quite sober at this point.

"Good." She whispered. She pressed her lips against him, but instead of pulling away her tongue slipped out between his legs and pulled him swiftly into her mouth. A loud and playful giggle boomed around him as the slick tongue slid him into place.

What followed as a disorienting yet pleasurable ride within a dark, hot and wet cavern. The two women prodded and passed the small man between their lips, teasing him with the prospect of sliding deep into their mouth before pushing him up onto their partners tongue once again. It felt like hours, yet Richard grew to love the strange experience.

Once released from the wet caves of their mouths he was set gently down onto Luntana stomach. Richard watched as Kina licked every inch of the woman, seeming to take dominance over the taller woman. He could tell she got off to it, being in control. He was ordered down off her stomach, to climb onto Kina's waiting tongue. Once he obliged her demand he found himself quickly thrust into another dark, soaking cavern. The moans of the two woman escalating in the muffled outside world.

~ ~ ~ ~

There was a loud knocking that echoed through the quiet apartment. Richard stirred from his sleep, his head pounding with a violent headache and the memories flooding in as he took in the sight before him. He lay between Kika's cleavage, a familiar bed. The blonde Alta's sleeping mouth sat next to him as she apparently passed out on Kina's chest. He shook his head as the knocking continued.

"Who the hell is it..." He grumbled.

Kina moaned herself, shrugging the sleeping girl from her chest and taking Richard in her hand, "who is that?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"What I was wondering."

Kina sighed, climbing out of bed reluctantly and pulling a silky nightgown over her naked form. She set Richard down on Luntana's stomach before exiting her bedroom.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata shifted her weight as the door finally opened, "Sorry, didn't realize it was still morning here."

"Kikata?" Kina asked, rubbing her bloodshot eye as a beam of sunlight burned directly into it.

"Yes. Is Richard here? Fisc mentioned he saw you leave the bar with him."

"Oh...yeah he's here. Why?"

~ ~ ~ ~

"Kikata's here." Kina said as she reentered the bedroom.

"Kikata? Why? Am I in trouble or something?"

Kina shrugged, "Maybe. She says you guys are leaving."

"Leaving?"

"Don't ask me." Kina said lifting Richard off the still slumbering blonde and handing him his clothes. "Look, Richard. Last night was wonderful, what I can remember of it. But. I think we have to call this off."

"Call it off?"

Kina nodded, "It got too intimate. With the music and the passion of the love making. I can't deal with that right now especially if you plan on returning to Earth. I know I said no strings but...I can't help it."

"I see. Yeah i guess that makes sense. Well, it was good while it lasted?"

Kina leaned forward and planted a kiss on his chest, "Too good. Don't forget this." She said, offering him the guitar, "You can put a woman in a trance with this thing."

~ ~ ~ ~

"Finally." Kikata groaned, holding out her hand to accept Richard.

"What's going on?" Richard ashed, still rubbing his aching head.

"We're heading out. Today."

"Today? Why? We still have like...two days? Three days?"

"Well things have changed. We need to get off this planet."

"Okay, well. Bye." Kina said, closing the door.

"Bye." Kikata mumbled, making her way down the steps.

"So how was your girlfriend?"

"She dumped me."
Chapter 24 by Ginbug
"So...are you going to explain to me why were cutting our vacation short?" Richard finally mustered up. Apparently she had already sent her bags back to the ship, had it not been for Richard she would be back herself already.

"I'd really rather not talk about it." Kikata whispered harshly. There was a certain fire in her eyes, as if anything she stared at would melt under the intensity.

"Is there something going on back at base? Or out there? Has war broken out?"

"Richard. I said I did not want to discuss it with you right now. But no, it is none of those things."

Richard sat back on her palm, watching from across the narrow transit vehicle as the hazy, over casted skyline whipped past the window. What could have gotten her so worked up? Surely it could not have been the attention they received at the bar. Even modest Kikata seemed to enjoy that a little. His mind drifted to Kina of all people. Not because of what he and she did, Kikata was well aware of that and didn't seem to care either way, but it was because something she had said. It was an off remark that might have held some truth.

"It isn't something with Run-" He caught an icy cold glare, her soft lips turning to a stone snarl. It was enough to shut him up to say the least. Richard just nodded his head and turned back towards the window. He noticed that she was keeping him at a distance, not setting him on her shoulder as she usually did. There was no doubt in his mind now, something foul had happened with Runo. His inner dialog acted as though he had known Runo was no good from the moment he saw him. But that was just the undeniable jealousy he felt. It was a fact he had grown to accept uncomfortably.

He couldn't help his mind from daydreaming of how he might comfort her. But then it would snap at itself, reminding him that Kikata was not only his partner but his friend. His thoughts would battle back and forth across this field until they finally arrived at the base. Now that they were moving again he could at least keep his mind from wandering to dangerous areas.

Kikata quickly made her way to the ship, the familiar sights and sounds of the military base overwhelming the senses. To Richard he felt like a small child who had to return to school after a fun weekend...he wasn't done playing yet.

~ ~ ~ ~

A dark sky filled Kikata's vision, tiny specks of light scattered at random across the endless expanse. Teralist was but a small, blue dot in the distance. "Alright." She muttered, placing her hand down next to Richard. She watched as he hesitantly approached her hand, sitting down softly before pulling his legs up and over onto her palm. She felt bad for being so bitter towards him, but she couldn't help it. Every man she passed was a pig. Where did Richard get off running around with loose women on his leave while Kikata remained faithful all these years?

She made her way into the living quarter and released Richard onto the table. She pulled out her own chair and slumped down, closing her eyes in an attempt to relax.

"So, we're on patrol again?" Richard finally mustered the courage to ask.

"Technically no, though we will pick up any signals." Her eyes focused on him, "I am sorry for being so brash. But believe me you would understand. That god damn planet does nothing but reel me in with it's pleasantries then piss me the hell off."

"I see...I'll keep my nose out of your business."

They went silent for a few minutes, both of their minds running at a thousand miles per hour trying to contemplate all the sudden changes in their lives. Richards was less distraught, Kina "breaking up" with him didn't bother him at all really. He knew what he was after there and frankly was a little relieved that it happened on good terms. However he was worried that Kikata's mood would be is true downfall.

"Was I wrong?" Kikata finally asked, already the annoyed tone in her voice was prevalent.

"About what?"

"About everything. Was I being selfish for trying to remain a virgin and joining the guard? Is it simply too much to ask for in our modern age?"

Richard cleared his throat, "Well, I would say no. I mean you have the right to do what ever you want to do as far as I'm concerned."

"Then how could he make me out to be the bad one here? Should I have just ended it so many Cycles ago when I knew what I wanted? Should I just forgive him for going behind my back to fulfill some apparent sexual need all you men share?"

"Uh..."

"Is it that hard for you to keep your dicks in your pants?"

"I don't know how to answer that one. I guess we tend to be shallow from time to time..."

Kikata eyed him for a moment, and to his surprise her glare softened, "I'm sorry...I'm venting on you it's not appropriate. You did nothing wrong."

"It's fine."

"I guess you deserve to know what happened." She straightened her posture and took a deep breath, "Runo cheated on me. I blew up on him and left. It's nothing official but I think its safe to say that the marriage is off."

"Oh no." Richard replied with a forced enthusiasm.

"Yeah I know, I can't believe it. I mean...he was my first partner and now it's all over? Part of me feels terrible, like I should forgive him and forget it ever happened. But the things he said...he told me that I should learn my place with my mother back at home? Is that what men really think of us?" She scoffed.

"Sounds like an asshole to me." Richard said with a shrug, "I mean-"

"No. You're right. You know what you're absolutely right!" She got to her feet and started pacing in front of the table, "Ever since he got out of schooling he's been that way! At one point in time we both wanted to reach out and help people. And suddenly it was all about me. Runo had to be the one to provide for us, Runo had to be the one that set our life in stone. I should just stay out of the workforce and go out with the allowance he gives me."

"Fuck that."

"Yes! I'm a strong and proud woman! I don't want to live my life lounging on some sandy beach! I would die of boredom!"

"Me too."

"I earned my Guard status. I earned those medals. We discovered a whole new race and we impacted their society for ever! Who are they to tell me I'm not making a difference where it counts."

Richard nodded, watching as she leaned back into the chair.

"Who cares if I don't have a fiance who wants to have a traditional marriage. I've still got two cycles, I'm still young....I mean...right?"

"Yeah. You've got time. I'm sure there are plenty of men already waiting for you to come home."

"So it's not all over."

"It's just beginning."

Kikata nodded, "Who needs men anyway. I fair perfectly fine."

"Not me that's for sure."

Kikata eyed him again for a moment, "You're a good friend Richard. Even if you do fool around with the likes of Kina."

"I'm telling you she's not so bad."

Kikata huffed, brushing some hair that had fallen over her eyes in her ranting, "Whatever." She glanced down at the tiny brown instrument Richard had brought with him, "So what is that thing?"

"This?" Richard asked, walking over to the guitar he had leaned up against his bags on top of the table. "It's a guitar."

"That's what a guitar looks like?"

Richard laughed, "You expected something different?"

"I guess so." She said softly, placing her chin on top of her folded hands. She watched as he sat down on the tabletop, "Will you play something?"

"I could. What do you want to hear?"

"I don't care...nothing too sad."

Richard nodded, "I could do that." He strummed the strings a few times to make sure everything was in tune. He situated his fingers along the board before beginning to strum some chordes. He more or less made it up as he went, playing little slices of old songs before playing a short solo. Kikata didn't know the difference. Her mood seemed to soften even more, a small smile creased across her lips as she listened to him play.

Kikata did feel better. She had worked herself up into becoming self confident. She remembered what it was like when she first earned her Armor. The music played wonderfully in her ears, the art of acoustic instruments had nearly completely faded from neko culture. Her tail found the beat and swayed to it, she would giggle when ever Richard preformed a difficult sounding solo.

He seemed to be acting out in order to cheer her up, and it was working. It felt good to know that she had a partner who she could rely on for such things. Her doubts and fury were still there, but she simply pushed them deep into the back of her mind for now.

~ ~ ~ ~

A red sphere slowly came into view in front of them, "This is is a sort of midway station for the Guards. Just a place to fill up on supplies or stretch your legs."

"I see." Richard said.

"It's in the early stages of what we call Terafarato. I think the word is Terraforming in english. We have built an atmosphere around the planet and are starting to ready the soil for vegetation."

"I've heard about this stuff. So the air is breathable?"

"It's artificial but yes, the air has been created to sustain life."

The small red world soon filled their vision. Their ship slipped through the atmosphere smoothly, eventually lowering towards a rectangular structure that seemed to jut out from the reddish dirt landscape. A panel in the ground slid open to accept their ship, which led them into another wide cargo bay.

~ ~ ~ ~

Within a few minutes they were out of the ship and heading up a wide flight of stairs that would take them to the larger portion of the station. They entered the main hallway, white tile floors spread out in a wide semicircle, breaking off into about ten arteries of long hallways.

"Hello." A woman behind a desk called to them.

Kikata leaned up against the desk with a smile, her confident mood had followed her from the ship, "Hello. We just docked our Guard ship and we'd like to book a room."

"Of course, you will be staying long?"

"Two days at most." Kikata said, watching as the woman typed away at her computer. She had short black hair, reaching down to about her jawline. Her blue eyes flickered rapidly from side to side as she processed them. Kikata noticed a very unique tattoo under her left eye. It was a tattoo that only existed within a remote area on the opposite coast that Kikata herself grew up on. They were known as fighters as well as spiritual guides. They often lived simple lives, refusing to be aided by advancements in technology. Kikata wondered why this woman sat herself behind a desk acting like a secretary when she should be out there trying to achieve a real life.

"Tell me, and sorry for prying. But is that a Cho'otoo tattoo?"

The woman paused in her work and glanced up to Kikata, "Yes. It is, you are familiar with it?"

"I know of it."

The woman went back to work, "Okay, well I have you set up-"

"Why do you sit behind that desk then?"

Richard listened on oblivious to the meaning of their conversation, though even he caught an odd vibe off Kikata's question. And the reaction of the woman was one of a slight shock.

"I'm sorry?"

"I thought you could only earn those tattoos if you have completed your training."

"Yes...but..."

"Then why would you submit yourself to the life of a secretary?"

The woman blushed deeply, "I have my reasons. Not that it's any of your business."

Kikata shrugged, "Sorry, just curious. I was under the impression that all Cho'otoo's were good fighters."

"I can fight."

"I'd believe it when I see it." Kikata said, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

Richard glanced between the two woman, "What is going on?"

Kikata grinned down at him, "Apparently I have been challenged to a fight."

"You insisted." The woman replied in english.

"You sure thats the best idea?" Richard asked with an arched brow.

"I think so. I need to let off some steam anyway." Kikata shrugged again, her confidence was almost overwhelming to the human.

The woman folded her arms, "Alright then. My shift ends in about fifteen minutes. Your room number is 045. I will meet you in the gym in thirty minutes."

Kikata took a card that the woman gave her and flashed her a wide smile before leaving towards the rooms. This will be easy. After all why wouldn't it be? She finished in the top five of her class in hand to hand encounters, and she was a Nova Guard. This should be a walk in the park...right?
Chapter 25 by Ginbug
Author's Notes:
This chapter is actually part of an art trade with Berggie over at Deviant Art.
http://berggie.deviantart.com/
Richard glanced around the large room. The walls were painted a light blue, a single bed stood against the far wall. It looked almost as if it was a mattress that had be laid on the floor. A wide screen flashed video on the wall behind him, some sort of neko news channel.

Finally Kikata emerged from the bathroom, sporting her gym outfit. A black top matched her hair which she had tied in a ponytail behind her head. Her top and slightly lighter gray shorts were made from that same odd elastic like fabric. It clung tightly to her skin, though did not conceal her supple curves. Her shoes were black, and laceless much like the majority of neko footwear. Somehow they managed to remain tightly on without any visible straps.

"Better get your war face on." Richard said as she knelt down before him.

She smirked, "Please, I can probably do this one handed. I sort of already feel sorry for her."

"I've never seen this side of you...you seem..hm. How do I put this."

"Bitchy?" She asked with a raised brow.

"Uh." Richard wanted to say yes as a joke, though he felt there was some truth behind it. "No, I was going to say feisty."

She shrugged, "Like I said. I need to let off some steam."

"Fair enough, just don't kill anyone."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata followed the brightly lit white hallway. Slowly the air became filled with a sort of musty scent. It became noticeably warmer as they approached the sounds of mechanical clanks and other physical sounds. She pushed through the glass doors and spotted the short neko standing by the massive mat off to the side of the gym.

"Dear god, can she even move with those things?" Kikata whispered to the equally impressed human in her hand.

A light blue top made from the same material as Kikata's seemed to bulge under the weight of the neko's impressive bossom. She wore a longer pair of elastic pants that stretched down to her knees which were covered by a thick pair of knee guards. Her now exposing outfit revealed her intricate tattoo's that ran down from her neck and shoulders all the way down her left side and then beneath her pants. She leaned down and scooped another pair off the mat and tossed it to Kikata.

"Easy!" Kikata shouted, catching and fumbling with the knee guards and gloves with one hand, "I've got a passenger here."

"Sorry." The neko apologized, her gaze directed at Richard.

Kikata set Richard down on the corner of the mat before collecting her pads and slipping them over her hands and legs.

Richard watched with folded arms, a wide grin across his face, "This should be interesting." He muttered softly to himself.

"So." Kikata began, pulling her arms across her chest as she loosened up her joints and muscles, "How shall we start?"

The neko thrust her hips to the side as she thought, "Standing."

"Find with me...erm...your name is?"

"Prila. Prila Tchana."

"Well then. Now that we are acquainted." She leaned over in one final stretch, also serving to fully catch the attention of the majority of the male neko in the gym.

"Okay, good luck."

Kikata smirked, glancing down towards Richard before taking her spot on the mat. The gym fell silent as the two neko stared each other down. Prila's tail twitched from side to side, her palms open and reaching forward as her eyes watched intently for Kikata's first move.

Kikata sprung forward, grabbing for the Neko's hands. Prila stepped to the side, taking hold of Kikata's wrist before spinning the surprised Alta in a full circle, kicking her leg out to send Kikata falling to the mat.

Richard covered his mouth to stifle a laugh as her gold eyes shot towards him. Her lips turned to a snarl as she quickly twirled her body around, her legs kicking towards Prila, who easily jumped up and over her attack. The surprisingly agile neko caught Kikata in another hold before she could get to her feet, sending her crashing back down to the mat with tremendous force.

From the ground the two woman rolled around, each trying to gain the upper hand. By now a small crowd had formed to watch the two athletic woman sprawl against each other in the ring. Kikata had not been forced to submit but she clearly was fighting someone out of her league. Every time she got an advantage Prila quickly took it away, just narrowly unable to catch Kikata's arm in a possible lock.

The woman's skin shimmered under the bright gym lights, though Kikata was clearly worse for wear. Her cheeks were flushed deeply and her chest rose and fell heavily as she tried to gain her breath.

Kikata was slowly realizing that she would need to pull of a miracle to come out of this with a win. She was losing...pitifully at that. She got the feeling that she had already lost four or five times already, this other neko was toying with her. She stared up at the Fela who now stared down at her intently, her legs digging into the mat on either side of her. Kikata was bigger by a decent margin, she needed to use that.

Kikata thrust her hips upwards, causing a wave of weak knees throughout the crowd that looked on. Her tactic worked, the smaller Fela went airborne for a short second before Kikata pushed herself up and over her, crashing her down onto her back. It was her first small victory. But something felt a little off as she stared down into the woman's sweaty stomach. Her legs were wrapped tightly behind Kikata, her arms still controlling her!

Now the crowd nearly fell over. Prila tightened her legs powerful gripped and pulled Kikata forward and completely under her control. Kikata squirmed, her grunts muffled as Prila's bust engulfed her face.

"Hot damn..." Richard muttered, watching as Kikata squirmed in a futile attempt to break the grip. A victorious smile spread over Prila's grip, holding fast until Kikata finally tapped out.

Kikata felt the pressure release, she pulled away and took a gasp of fresh air. She wiped her gloved hand across her face, clearing away a river of sweat that was certainly not all her own. Her intense gold eyes watched as Prila rose to her feet, offering her a hand.

Kikata took it out of respect and pulled herself to her feet, "Okay." She panted, "You're good...on the ground."

Prila arched a brow, "Thanks?"

"How are you on your feet?"

"You wish to do a striking match?"

Kikata nodded slowly, "Come on. Only fair. This time you wont be able to smother me with those...titanic mounds hanging off your chest."

"It was nothing out of good taste..." Prila muttered, her cheeks turning pink as Kikata pointed out her obvious figure.

"Hmph." Kikata huffed, "I'm sure the crowd here got a kick out of it. Tell me do you put on shows for them in your spare time?"

Prila clenched her jaw as she took her postion on the mat, her blue eyes calling Kikata to the fight.

Kikata walked to the opposite end of the circle, holding her arms out at the ready. This time Prila struck first, throwing her fist towards Kikata's gut. Kikata threw her hand down and caught the punch, quickly leaning away from Prila's next swing. She thrust her elbow into her chest seemingly in spite. The Fela stumbled back a few steps but showed no signs of pain, just anger.

It had turned into a cat fight that any man in his right mind would be afraid to break up. The two neko threw a frenzy of powerful kicks and punches, it was evident that Kikata held a little more skill in this style. She landed three more devastating blows to Prila's torso.

Prila stumbled backwards, now gripping her stomach as Kikata beamed at her, a boastful confidence in her stance now. She spat before charing again. Kikata went to throw a powerful strike, Prila once again showing off her nimbleness as she ducked the punch. She threw her leg up and over her shoulder, spinning clockwise as her foot collided with Kikata's cheek.

Kikata's vision blurred as she tumbled to the mat. Her ears rang loudly as she tried to get back to her feet, her hands missing her mark and sending her back down to the mat.

"Oh...shit!" Richard cried out with a laugh. The small neko had just crushed Kikata with a kick that made Richard think he might form a bruise on his own cheek just by watching.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata slowly came too, a hazy figure leaning looming over her.

"I am so sorry." She heard Prila's voice call.

She rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, feeling a cool object being pressed into her hands. Her vision cleared, revealing that the crowd had left but Prila still knelt by her side. She took the water bottle from Prila and forced a smile.

"That was really uncalled for." She apologized again.

"No." Kikata sighed, "I deserved it. I was being a huge bitch."

"Oh...no you weren't."

"Yeah I was."

"She was." Richard said with a nod. He and Prila had been talking while Kiakta was unconscious. It was strange, the neko had an almost irish accent with a few small differences in dialect.

Kikata shot a glare at Richard, "Watch your mouth, or I might wrestle you next."

"Seeing how you faired here I might have a chance." Richard laughed.

Kikata reached out her hand in an attempt to snatch the laughing human, who quickly eluded her with a roll.

"Damnit..." Kikata muttered, bringing the water bottle up to her cheek.

"If...it makes you feel any better I haven't lost yet since I've been here. In fact it took me longer to pin you than it does most other challengers."

"Yeah, you're incredible. I'll need to get some tips from you later...look I'm sorry for calling you out. I guess I got what I had coming."

"No offense taken."

"But...I'm really curious now, why don't you join the guard? Or the military for that matter?"

Prila sighed, "Oh, no reason..." She eyed them for a minute, "Why don't I treat you to dinner?"

"I'm not sure if I can eat." Kikata said rubbing her jaw.

"I'll bring it too your room?" She nearly pleaded.

"Alright." Kikata said with a sigh.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata examined her face in the mirror, a dark red mark running from under her right eye and down to her jawline, she winced as she prodded it with her finger. She slipped into a more comfortable, loose outfit. The gray, soft fabric was pretty much the only outfit that wasn't made from the elastic material used in most Neko clothing.

She strolled back out to the living room just as there was a click at the door.

"Can I come in?" A soft voice questioned.

"Sure, we're ready."

Prila backed her way into the room, pulling a cart inside with her, "I had the cooks create some of my favorites for us."

"Oh great." Kikata said, pulling a rectangular table out into the middle of the room. She shot Richard a sort of surprised glance as she examined the neko. She wore her work jump suit with the zipper pulled down about halfway, her impressive bust nearly popping out for all to see. She cleared her throat and sat down, watching as Prila set a few plates out before them.

Richard examined the plates hungrily, steam rising from the mounds of food. Each plate was a mixture of meats and vegetables put together with what looked like football sized rice pellets.

"It's not exactly genuine. But it's the best that could be come up with here, trust me." Prila said, finally sitting down across from Kikata.

Kikata smiled, "Well it looks lovely."

Prila frowned, "Oh...you're face-"

"No, please don't worry. I'm fine." She said, forcing a wide smile across her lips.

"Okay. I still feel bad."

"Like I said, I deserved it." Kikata shook her head, "I don't know what came over me, I guess I'm still fuming over the break up."

"Break up?"

"Oh. Me and my Fiance broke up the other night."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Yeah." Kikata sighed, "I still feel I wish I just never found out he...well...cheated on me."

"Oh...no. How long were you together."

"Since intermediate school."

"Oh wow. That's hard hon, I'm sorry to hear that."

The trio ate silently for a few moments, Richard sitting on the edge of Kikata's plate and pulling up the large hunks of the strange rice like substance and meat.

"So." Prila began, breaking the silence, "How did you two come together?"

Kikata smiled towards Richard, "It was so long ago now I feel like. But I picked up Richard off a remote ice planet after his camp was attacked. He served as a Marine on Earth so the Guard offered him a job with me until he can find a transport back to his home."

"Ohh. Sounds exciting. And erm. Working together not getting attacked, I'm sure that was bad." Prila nearly sputtered, tugging a short strand of black hair from her eye as she prodded her dinner, "I've never met a human before. I imagined you a little larger."

"Nope. We're just tiny. Apparently."

Prila laughed, "Apparently so." She chewed for a moment, eyeing the small human with smiling eyes. "Um. Could I...hold you? I just saw Kikata holding you and I was so jealous!" She giggled nervously.

Richard glanced up towards Kikata and shrugged, "Sure. I guess."

Prila excitedly lowered her hand towards Richard, gently lifting him up and onto her palm. Her blue eyes stared down at him in wonder, "You are so small..." She mused. She plucked a strip of brown meat from her plate, "Look! This strip of Fifu is longer than you are tall!"

"Hah." Richard laughed forcefully, his cheeks reddening slightly.

"I hardly know which one to eat!" A playful gleam crossing her eyes. Richard heard a giggle erupt from Kikata behind him. Prila tossed her head back and opened her mouth wide, much to Richards surprise. Her tongue slipped out over her bottom lip as she playfully moaned, "Ahhh!"

"Yeah. I guess you could." He sputtered nervously.

Prila giggled, dropping the strip of meat onto her tongue before closing her mouth, "Sorry." She said between chews, covering her lips with her fingers, "I couldn't resist."

Richard sat back down once set onto the plate with a sigh, "Understandable I guess." He chuckled, reaching for another hunk of rice.

"Believe it or not, I've actually done that before. Twice."

"Really?" Prila asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Never, I might add, willingly."

Prila laughed, "So what? Some sort of prank you just popped him in your mouth?"

"No, all the way down." Kikata grinned.

"You swallowed him?" She gasped.

"Yeah." Kikata laughed, "But there was a good reason. The first time I was actually saving his life. It was when we first met and there was simply no other way to get him out of the cold."

"And the second time it was a joke." Richard stated.

"No! I did it because otherwise my plan might have gone wrong."

"Plan? You must have so many stories!" Prila said with a smile.

"Lots." Kikata replied, "Richard here is actually quite the celebrity back on Teralist."

"Oh really?" Prila asked, her blue eyes playfully flickering on Richard.

~ ~ ~ ~

The night moved on and the trio had shared quite a few drinks. One thing had created a few awkward blushes spread across Kikata's face...her gaze just couldn't stay off of her chest! She was fascinated with them, and not in a sexual way, just in general.

Prila finally laughed, "Kikata...you can look at them. Go on."

"What? No..I wasn't-"

"Really! I don't mind, go ahead and touch them if you want. If there is one thing on my body that I don't mind showing off it's my chest."

"Really?"

Prila nodded, "Sure! I mean I know...they're a tad on the large side."

"A tad?"

Prila laughed, "Okay. So they're big."

"What's it like? I mean do you have to buy special bras to hold them in place?"

"Well actually-" Prila looked down towards Richard, who appeared to be idly minding his own business, "I'm sorry, is this boring for you? I nearly forgot there was a man in the room."

"No, no go on and talk about it." Richard assured her.

"Oh, well. Back to your question. They do sell bras with a little extra support. But I'll let you in on a little secret."

"Yeah?" Kikata whispered.

"I generally just let them hang freely. You might of noticed a little extra, um, pop near the front during our fight?"

"You were braless!?"

"Yeah! I know it's probably not the smartest thing but when I go into a fight I want to feel unrestricted. Not to mention it's so much more comfortable."

"Yeah I know what you mean. I rarely wear my bra in my jumpsuit. Those things are so tight anyway sometimes I get scared that mine might shrink even smaller!"

"No way! yours are normal, a little above actually...I really like their shape now that I look at it."

"You do?" Kikata gasped, cupping her chest and staring down at them, "Thanks! Though god you have like...perfect breasts. Goddess like even! Right Richard?"

Richard squirmed uncomfortably at the question, "Uh. Y-Yeah you do. I mean at my size you both do."

The girls laughed, "Oh god I could only imagine! You would be lost in there!" Prila stated, the two girls submitting to laughter once again.

"Wouldn't be the first time..." Richard muttered. It seemed as though Kikata and Prila were becoming best friends. Both of them shared a connection to an ancient culture that most of the neko had forgotten. The Cho'otoo's culture was deeply tied in mind and body. The fighting lifestyle was thousands upon thousands of years old. The culture had tried to maintain a close connection to their roots, ignoring the many pleasantries and technologies that arrived in the modern world. But they were finally starting to assimilate.

"I mean...I swear those things have grown since we've been sitting here!" Kikata said, panting slightly as she recovered from her laughing fit.

Prila blinked, "You think?"

"I was just joking, obviously-"

"Oh no." Prila pouted, "I forgot my medication again..."

"Your medication?"

"Shit. Yes I forgot to take my hormone pills." She pushed away from the table, making it suddenly apparent that yes, her breast had in fact swelled since dinner.

"Oh my god!" Kikata gasped, the giant breasts were now literally about to burst from her jumpsuit.

Prila groaned, struggling to rise to her feet as she carried the extra space on her chest. Her skin pressing against the soft fabric on the inside of her jumpsuit. "I-I have to go down the hall to my room."

"No! Wait let me go, just sit down!" Kikata said, guiding her over to the bed. "Here just give me the key and I'll help."

Prila nodded, "They are in my bathroom, the large white bottle. The room number is 002."

Kikata nodded, taking the card that Prila handed her. She stared at the breasts for another long moment before turning and running out of the door. Her feet pounded down the hallway, skidding to a stop once she reached the right room. She fumbled with the key and opened the door. She found her way into the bathroom. She flung open a glass cabinet and saw a few bottles, all ranging in different sizes. She took all of them and ran out of the room.

"I've got it! I've got it!" She shouted, eyes widening as it appeared Prila's breasts were literally about to fall into her lap. The tight jumpsuit had split open, her pale skin glinting slightly in the dim light of the room.

"No rush really, I-I'm okay." Prila gasped, holding out her hand, "The biggest one."

Kikata nodded, "Here."


Prila took the bottle and struggled to undo the cap, she only had one pill left in this bottle. She pushed the mound of breast forward in an attempt to reach her mouth.

"Shit!" She exclaimed as the pill slipped from her fingers. She watched as it slipped right into her cleavage, disappearing from sight.

"Oh no!" Kikata gasped, "We'll here let me give you another-"

"That was my last one."

"Oh..." Kikata's eyes fell on Richard, "You!"

"Me?"

"Yes you, help us out here."

"What could I do?" Richard asked, stepping onto Kikata's hand and nearly falling as she rushed back to Prila's side, her chest literally sitting on her knees now.

"Prila, Richard is going to go in there and get your pill...is that okay?"

"He's more than welcome." Prila said, smiling warmly towards Richard.

"Good, now lay back."

Prila nodded, laying on her back and allowing her breasts to spread apart some. She watched as Kikata set Richard down on her upper chest, looking around awkwardly.

"Okay. Well...here I go I guess." He said, eyeing the canyon of flesh with wide eyes before walking forward. He had to press against her soft, warm skin to make it inside. Soon his world was surrounded by Prila, as if he was inside of her. He moved deeper and deeper into the warm confines of her bosom until his foot struck a smooth white object. He grunted as he pulled it free of the cleavages tight grip.

Kikata let out a sigh of relief as Richard reemerged holding the pill in hand. She took hold of his waist and brought him to Prila's lips.

"Take it." She ordered softly.

Prila nodded, opening her lips and gently biting on the pill, taking it from Richards hands. She tossed it to her throat and swallowed, "There we go...it will take about an hour for the swelling to go down." She smiled, "Thanks for helping...you really jumped into action there."

"It's what I do." Kikata laughed.

"You must be the leader of your little team, huh?"

"She tries to be." Richard chuckled.

"Well you guys make a great team...and...now I guess you understand why I do what I do."

"What do you mean?" Kikata asked.

"Oh...well the whole secretary thing. I can't be in the service because of my condition. I have to take medication three or four times a day and the can only prescribe me so much at a time. So I have to stay close to home, this is the furthest base I can legally work at."

"Oh...I'm so sorry."

Prila shrugged, "It's fine really. At least I get to do something. I just wish I had a little more control of it is all."

"Yeah. I guess sometimes big boobs aren't-"

"No, I mean I love how big they are...sometimes I wish I could just take control and fill up an entire room!" She laughed, "Of course I would be able to bring them back down when I wanted too...but as it turns out my hormones decide that for me."

"I see." Kikata said, sitting on the bed next to her and setting Richard down between them.
Chapter 26 by Ginbug
Richard sat with his head in his hands as the conversation droned on. It was a perfect storm of fashion, hormones, feminism and anything else popped into the minds of these two giant best friends for life.

"Where is Fisc when you need him." He muttered to himself.

"You say something?" Kikata asked, looking down towards the human that sat between herself and Prila on the bed.

"Me? Nothing. Just sitting here."

"Would you like to talk about something else?" Prila asked.

Richard shrugged, eyeing the two girls for a moment. Prila's explosive bossom had settled back down to nearly its regular size. "How are you feeling?"

She shrugged, "I'm okay. This happens at least once a month. When you're taking so many pills its easy to forget. Which reminds me I need to get more tomorrow."

"Do they always shrink back to the same size?" Kikata asked curiously.

"No. Not always. Sometimes smaller, sometimes larger." She shrugged, "It's sort of random."

"Wow. You get so many different styles! Do you have a different dress for each one?"

"Now that you mention it I have bought..."

Richard groaned as their conversation went back to clothing. After all these months Richard had figured Kikata was sort of a tom boy...which she was. But around her new friend she seemed to want to let all of her teenage girl out. He finally stood up and made his way across the wide expanse of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Kikata asked with an arched brow.

"Sleep." He called over his shoulder.

"But...this is my bed!"

"This is our room. And I don't feel like sleeping on the table. If you can't share a tiny piece of bed with someone my size you have issues."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Fine. But don't complain if I roll on you."

Richard reached the tall pillows, taking the soft fabric between his fingers before hoisting himself up. He sat down, eyeing the two women at the foot of the bed. Seeing as he was no longer in their circle they reverted to their native languages. He laid back on the cloud like surface and closed his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata glanced over her shoulder towards the tiny mass on the pillow, "I hope he doesn't snore." She kidded, turning back to Prila with a smile.

"Is it bad that I find that adorable?"

"How do you mean?"

"I mean...look at him. He's almost like a tiny little one of us...he is really. I find that cute."

"Oh." Kikata responded, recalling how she viewed him much the same way when they first met, "You learn to look past that. Especially after he gets some blood on his hands."

"He is a good fighter?" She asked curiously.

"I'm not sure. I like to think he is...I just sort of imagine him that way. I pulled him out of a destroyed camp and he had hardly a scratch. And then what happened on that space station, when I saw the video I couldn't believe he kept his head on his shoulders. But, even he refers to himself as some...how does he say...glorified security guard."

"But he is a marine is he not?"

"Yes. But they say its not like the movies." Kikata shrugged, "But no matter, he is a Guard now like me."

"Kind of handsome one at that!" Prila giggled, "You know if you're available-" She noticed Kikata wince, "Oh, sorry. It's too soon isn't it?"

Kikata nodded, "I don't even know if I want to call it off with Runo. What he did was...terrible. And I could never trust him like I did in the past...but what if I just decided to shrug it off?"

"Yeah...you two had so much history...but...would you be happy?"

"I don't know. I was happy in the past. But then I wanted to escape. I felt trapped back there...I guess I sort of always knew that I would either have to give up Runo or give up my dreams." Her eyes swelled with tears as she pondered over the facts. She could go back, he would take her back undoubtably. It seemed kind of nice, but at the same time she wondered if she was just fooling herself. She felt an arm wrap around her shoulder, she accepted the grip and leaned against her new friend, her head resting against a soft surface.

"Comfy?"

The neko's odd remark forced a smile across Kikata's lips, "Yeah."

"It's said that at times our lives are sort of..." Prila raised her free hand and swept it in the air in front of her, "Purposefully pushed towards one another. As if the Universe intends for us to bounce into one another in one way or another. Sometimes we are nudged towards each other, and other times we are spread away."

"And how are we supposed to know what it wants?" Kikata mumbled quietly.

"Your heart will tell you. When fate pushed you away from Runo, did you cling on as tight as you could? Or did you push off of him?"

Kikata blinked, in an odd way it all made sense, "But, what if it's just random? Cause and effect?"

Prila shrugged, "It could be."

Kikata sighed, lifting her head from Prila's chest, "Well. It is comforting to think it might be."

"Yeah. I think I'm going to head to sleep myself. Goodnight Kikata, I will see you tomorrow?"

"Sure. We'll be here." Kikata said with a nod, still wondering on what she had said. She watched the Fela exit the room. She climbed across the bed, eyeing the slumbering human with a smile as she pulled away the sheets. She wondered what his significance was in all of this? She slipped under the sheets and nestled her head down, her mind still bustling with questions as she drifted off to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard could feel the darkness pressing down on all sides. The fear of not knowing what lied behind the small beam of dim yellow light of his flashlight made it difficult to move. He was back on the ship, or at least he thought it was their ship. He couldn't put his finger on it, but this terrible, blood chilling fear filled his mind. It made tears well under his eyes and his limbs go rigid as he wondered why he was here.

"R-Richard..." A raspy whisper called from the darkness.

"Kikata?" He called, his voice echoing throughout the shadowy vessel.

"I-It hurts...Richard..." Her voice called again.

"Kikata? Where are you?"

"It hurts..."

Richard spun around frantically. "Kikata?! Where are you?! What hurts?!" His light finally fell on a dark hill in the distance. He sprinted up the ships surface, his light flashing up and down as he ran. Suddenly his feet lost friction. He let out a scream as he tumbled to the ground.

"W-What is this?" He groaned, lifting his arm out of the wet pool. He shined his flashlight on the ground below him and screamed again. Red! The floor was red with blood! He got to his feet and shined his light towards Kikata.

"P-Please..." She gasped, his light causing the pupil of her golden eye to retract. Her voice was wretched, as if she were gargling water as she spoke.

"Kikata? What's wrong?" He lowered his light across her face, her lips were glistening and red, a small trickling stream of red flowing off her lips like a waterfall and onto her chin. His gaze fell even lower, his eyes widening as he saw the horrible wound on her neck. The skin had been torn away as if by some terrible beast, he could see the muscle and tendon flex and move as she swallowed.

"Richard...Help me...I can't...the pain is..." She rolled to her back and screamed, "Oh god!" She cried, "I-I-Oh my god!" her cries made Richard sick to his stomach as he desperately wished there was something he could do. He rushed to her side.

"Let me help! I want to help!" He nearly sobbed, but somehow he knew she was dead. There was nothing he could do, it was too late!

Her cries died down to a gurgle, her limbs flailing, forcing Richard to retreat. She gasped and spat, her eyes watching him in horror as she went into violent spasms. Her hand reached out for him, how could he walk away? But somehow this frightened him. He let her hand grip him, almost clumsily as she pushed herself to a sitting position with her free arm.

"Kikata?" Richard asked, her wide almsot dead stare giving him chills. Her only response was a deep, raspy breathing. Her blood soaked chin still dripping. Her arm moved forward, Richard clinging to her finger as he approached her face, "Kikata? What are-" Suddenly it hit him. She was dead....she wasn't Kikata anymore. She was one of them now. She only knew how to feed! "No! No!" Richard screamed, her teeth gleaming a light coat of red as her upper lip rose in a horrid snarl. Hot wafts of hair blasted him as her deep red tongue slipped forward, "Kikata No!"

"Richard wake up!" Kikata screamed, holding the sweating and screaming human in her hand, "Richard!"

Richards eyes shot open. "K-Kikata..." He muttered.

"What the hell happened? I woke up to the sound of you screaming my name over and over."

"It...was just a dream." He panted.

"Yes. You're fine." she said, looking down at him with a concerned look.

"You were...I was...never mind." He said shaking his head, "It doesn't matter." But he was still shaken to the core.

"Okay." She eyed him for a moment longer, biting her lip, "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? I mean you were screaming as if you were being torn to pieces."

"I was..."

"Really? By who?"

Richard swallowed nervously, "You."

"M-Me?" Kikata asked in shock..."But, why would I ever-"

"It was just a dream. And trust me you don't want to know the rest. It was just so damn vivid...I can still remember every tiny detail."

"I really want to know." Kikata insisted.

"Are you sure?"

Kikata nodded, "Yes."

"Fine. Here it goes." He sighed, "I was in the ship, it was dark as if we had crashed or something. Anything like that. I was terrified for some reason that I didn't understand. Then, you were calling for me...when I found you...your throat had been." He shuttered, "Well it looked like something tore you up pretty bad, blood was everywhere. Then...you died...but you didn't die. You stared at me with this, horrible stare and you...well I think you get the point."

"Ate you?" She asked in a whisper.

Richard nodded, "Look it was just a random nightmare. Don't worry about it."

"I'll try." Kikata said, "Would you like to take a look around the station?"

Richard shrugged, "Sure...what do they got?"

A smile creeped across Kikata's lips, "Ever hear of virtual rooms?"

"Virtual rooms?"

She nodded, "Yeah. They are used for everything here. Realistic training exercises, or just getting to someplace relaxing."

"Well then. Let's do it."
Chapter 27 by Ginbug
Richard glanced around the large white room, to Kikata it would have seemed to be the size of a tennis court. "This is a virtual room?" He asked, noting how is voice bounced from the walls.

"A state of the art one." She said with a nod, "A few hundred years ago we developed a program that users could enter the Virtual realm while sitting in designated capsules." As she spoke she tapped away on a display panel that sat atop a tall white pillar. "Over the years we managed to improve the visual effects and what not but no matter how much we tricked the brain into thinking the virtual reality was real it still felt false." She leaned on her right leg as she thought for a moment, "What should we do first?"

"Doesn't matter to me."

She nodded, "Something peaceful at first. Don't leave the platform."

Richard watched as blue light suddenly filled the once white floors and walls. A scene started to appear like a wave around them. Tree's grew from the floor and the ceiling and walls appeared to disappear to endless space and skyline. Even the temperature rose from a cool air conditioned state to that of a tropical island. The ground crumbled and grew from its once perfectly flat state to mimic sand!

"Woah!" Richard gasped once the room had completely transformed.

"Impressive huh?"

"I'd say. You know I've been in those virtual reality gaming things but this is just...so real!"

"Yes. We realized that if we developed a room that combines not only images of real things, like the sky and the things that lie beyond the walls, and actual physical objects."

Richard stepped off the white, circular platform onto the sand, "So...this is real?" He said scooping his hand down into the rough pile of tiny particles.

"Sort of. Everything that you can touch is actually made up of near microscopic nano particles. They move like water, able to condense themselves into patterns and shapes to mimic real world things like sand, trees, buildings even water."

"And then they just change color?"

"That's right. It is rare to find one of these things outside of a government owned location. It is just too expensive right now to use for entertainment alone."

Richard nodded, still hardly able to believe that the world around him was built of tiny robots. He watched as the water lapped peacefully against the white sand. He was dumbfounded by how realistic it was. The water would even bubble and form a slight foam as it crashed onto the white sand which grew dark brown when wet.

"So. You use this for training?"

"I have a few times. They have programs to imitate damaged ships, warzone conditions, just about anything that one might experience on duty. It almost seems dangerous at times but they develop safety nets."

"Safety nets?"

She nodded, "Well when things explode lets say, the nano particles will simply disassemble and instead a hologram will take over. And if someone were tall fall the ground would essentially catch them on a safe net."

"Good to know."

"But we have to be careful when interacting with each other, because we're obviously real."

"Well let's get to it!" Richard said, walking back towards the platform, "What sorts of games do we got in this thing?"

Kikata thought for a moment, "Well. A lot of them would be hard for us to play, with our sizes and all."

"True."

She sighed, "This points out the one downfall to this system. In a true virtual reality we could actually interact with each other as if we were normal sized."

"How 'bout we make up our own game?" Richard offered with a shrug.

"Yeah, okay!" Kikata said, her eyes focused on the display again, "So, first we'll need an environment."

Richard thought a moment, "How about someplace my size?"

"I can do that. There are literally millions of locations programmed into the computer."

"Think they'd have my home town?" Richard asked, stepping onto Kikata's hand as she leant down. She brought him up and over the display, "We can check. What's it called?"

"Earlington Virginia."

Kikata typed in the coordinates, "This?" She asked as a list of Earth cities displayed over the small circular screen.

"Yeah!"

Kikata tapped on the name twice, the display now showing a map, "Okay. So I will bring up your town." She hit a small green circle on the display. The sunny, tropical scene around them suddenly turned white, literally falling apart back into the smooth white room. The room flashed blue, a familiar tree covered skyline coming into view around them. Sounds of earth dwelling birds filled Richard's ears as a slightly smaller landscape started to take form.

They watched as buildings started to take form, most of which Kikata towered over. There was a handful of tall business buildings that were taller than herself, but mainly Richard's town was filled with two story family owned shops and houses.

Kikata found herself standing in the middle of the towns square. It was a grassy section filled with small trees and sidewalks. "It's pretty." She commented.

Richard nodded slowly, feeling a slight twinge of homesickness twist in his stomach, "Yeah. Home sweet home."

Richards town was a sort of mix of very old, traditional buildings and the sleek new architecture that had become popular in the past decades. These new, colorful buildings stood out from the ancient brick walls of the old libraries and government buildings. He smiled as he gazed down on the empty sidewalk, lined with a row of smooth lined electric cars and trucks.

"Does the program simulate people?" Richard asked curiously as he gazed down at the empty streets.

"Yes, the system can run a civilian population. The A.I is generally rather generic, but portrayable as a few different classes. For example enemies or civilians in trouble." Kikata ran her hands along the display, a moment later the streets were bustling with life. Or the illusion of life.

"Wow." Richard gasped, "I can hardly believe that its not really there!"

"Incredible isn't it?" Kikata said with a smile, "So, about this game?"

"Oh right. I nearly forgot." Richard laughed as he peered down from Kikata's hand.

"Oh! I know!" Kikata said, her voice growing excited, "Let's play a little game of chase!"

"Chase hm?" Richard said with a nod, "Alright, I'll take you on."

"Great!" Kikata laughed, "You know when I was a little girl I sometimes played with a small toy house I had as if I was some sort of monster trying to capture the tiny occupants inside."

Richard laughed, "That doesn't surprise me."

"What, that I would play a monster?"

"Yeah. I mean I find it hard to picture you playing dress up."

"How do you mean?"

"You're just not very...girly."

Kikata frowned, "I can be girly!"

"It wasn't an insult." Richard said with a wink, "And besides I know that very well after those long talks last night."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Alright, on the ground with you."

Richard hopped off her palm once it was low to the ground. The nano particles even got the feel of grass right! Suddenly he was surrounded by a world that he fit in. There were park benches, trees, cars, everything was sized just as it should be. Or at least what he imagined them to be. He looked back over his shoulder towards Kikata who stared down at him with a slight smile. She was the one who didn't fit here. Her kneeling figure was still larger than most of the shops and other buildings. She would fit inside of the library just barely he imagined.

"Well? Get going!" She laughed.

"Oh right." Richard said, a grin spreading across his lips as he turned to run. He bumped into a man who was walking down the sidewalk appearing to be oblivious to the giantess in the middle of the town square. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Hello." The man stated as he continued walking.

"Oh right, A.I." Richard chuckled, making his way across the street.

"You've got twenty seconds little man." Kikata's voice called behind him as he pushed into a store.

He looked around, everything was in place except for the products. All of the shelves were empty. A woman stood behind the counter, "Welcome!" She said with a warm smile.

"Hi." Richard said by instinct. The woman simply smiled back. "Slow day huh?" He asked.

"Yes!" She responded, her smiling face almsot creeping him out.

He laughed and shook his head as he walked into the back room. Looking around for a stairway or anything that might help him elude Kikata.

"Okay!" He heard her voice call, "Time to play!"

Richard crouched down behind the counter next to the woman, he looked up to her as she stared down at him with that same smile, "Shh." He hushed her, holding his finger in front of his lips.

"Anyone home?" Kikata's voice called from behind the glass. The door swung open as Kikata poked her finger inside.

"Hello!" He woman said, her head turning towards Kikata.

"Hello there." Kikata giggled, "Do you have any tiny Nova Guards for sale in there? I seem to have misplaced mine."

Kikata sat back, admiring the little shop with a grin, "Now how will I do this?" Her mind was teeming with ideas, the destructive route seemed to be the most appropriate. She let out a loud scream as she smashed her fist into the shops front windows.

Richard jumped as the thunderous crash sent debris everywhere inside of the shop. It seemed to be enough to jostle the A.I woman from her happy composure as she suddenly covered her ears and let out a shrill cry. Richard watched as a massive hand toppled over shelves as it felt around blindly inside the store. He crawled across the floor on his stomach and made his way out the back exit.

"Where are you?" Kikata's voice questioned from around the corner. Kikata let out as a large portion of the upstairs collapsed over her arm. She looked around her to see that the A.I citizens had gone into a panic mode. "Good thing this isn't a public relations test." She muttered quietly. She rose to her feet, catching a wide glimpse of the surrounding area.

Richard ducked behind a parked car at a stop light, watching as Kikata's gigantic figure rose to her feet. Hundreds of panicked civilians ran almost comically around the streets, while some of the others hadn't quite gotten the hint that they were under attack by a giantess yet.

Richard jumped to his feet, taking the cars handle in hand and yanking it open. The man looked at him with a blank stare as he gripped his collar and pulled him from the divers seat. "Let's see if this baby runs." Richard mused to himself as closed the door. To his surprise the inside of the car was very detailed. He watched the world slowly roll by as he lifted his foot off the brake. He hit the gas and to his delight the car accelerated like the real thing.

Kikata arched her brow as she watched the silver vehicle race down the street, "Tell me that's not Richard." She watched it swerve off the road, jumping a shallow curb and bursting through a line of decorative bushes, "Yeah, that's Richard."

Richard laughed triumphantly as he sped over the grass and back onto another side street. He narrowly avoided a mob of fleeing citizens before watching a gigantic foot crash into the ground before him. He slammed the break and spun the wheel as hard as he could, coming to a skidding halt. Her other foot slammed down on the other side of him so he threw the car into reverse. It seemed to take a moment to recognize what he had done before rolling backwards.

Kikata leaned down to grab the car before it just narrowly backed away out of reach. She twisted around and jumped after him. Her knees crushed into the ground on either side of the car, she clenched her thighs together to keep it still.

"Gotcha'!" She shouted, taking the small vehicle into her hands and eyeing the car closely.

Richard's hands shook from the excitement, the sheer power of Kikata slamming down in front of him was almost overwhelming. Not to mention the view of her thighs, partly bare due to her short gym shorts, clenching all around him and her body rising up after that. He watched as her hand gripped the roof of the car, her nails digging into the fake metal and pulling the roof free.

"Oh no a monster!" Richard called up sarcastically, rolling his eyes as her fingers took his waist in their grip.

Kikata pulled Richard from the car with a victorious smile, "That's right. You just got yourself eaten."

"Eaten hm?" Richard asked.

Kikata nodded, "That's what monsters do right?"

"Seems to be a recurring theme with you. Perhaps the monster title fits?"

"Hey!" She shouted, "You just really made yourself lunch with that one!" She tossed her head back, opening her mouth playfully beneath him.

Richard squirmed slightly, wondering how far she would really take it, not that it would have been anything new.

Suddenly there was a loud clanking sound. A bright light appeared in the skyline before widening into a large rectangle. Kikata and Richard watched as Prila came bursting through the door.

"Guys! I've got something to-" She yelped as she suddenly stumbled over a building. The nano particle structure crumbled beneath her, shattering into a dust like substance before melting into the ground. Prila looked around in confusion for a moment before rising to her knees. Her eyes fell on Kikata, who was holding Richard just a few inches from her face. "Uh. I'm not interrupting anything?"

"Interrupting?" Kikata questioned, glancing towards Richard who shrugged, "No. We were just messing around."

"I see." Prila said, getting to her feet and eyeing the partly destroyed building and the fleeing citizens, "Oh I get it. Practicing for your first visit to Earth. I don't think your supposed to invade it." She laughed.

"Just having fun." Kikata said with a grin, "You sounded urgent, is there something you need to tell us?"

"Oh. Right." Prila said, fixing her hair, "I've got something to show you. And yes, it's rather urgent!"

Kikata and Richard shared a glance before following the Fela out of the Virtual Room.
Chapter 28 by Ginbug
Kikata set Richard on her shoulder and followed Prila towards her desk. "So what is so urgent?" She asked, a little disappointed to be dragged away from the Virtual Room before she was ready.

"You'll see." Prila called over her shoulder in a near whisper. They rounded the corner, arriving back in the lobby where they had first met. They followed Prila behind her desk. "Alright." She whispered, looking both ways to see if the area was clear, "I was doing a little snooping around. It's a pass time of mine here." She checked her sides again and nodded, "So right. As I was saying I was snooping around, listening to conversations and transmissions that get relayed through our base and I think I picked up one that the sender intended to keep secret."

"How serious is this?" Kikata asked, folding her arms.

"It's pretty serious. Listen for yourself."

Prila selected the sound file which she had saved and played it. Through the speakers a male neko voice spoke, "I am on public transmissions so I will keep this short." He began, already giving good reason for suspicion, "This base will make for an easy stepping stone towards Teralist. The jump takes about fifteen minutes and the base is not heavily fortified. I am waiting for my shipment, it should be here this evening." The transmission ended.

"Well. That is something." Kikata said with a nod, "When did you get this? Just now?"

"A few minutes before I came to get you." Prila responded, "So he is still here. I gave him a room not far from yours."

"What's going on?" Richard asked.

"I'll translate it for you briefly later. Basically we think this guy is working with the New Order."

"I see."

Kikata nodded, "I guess we should go have a little chat with him? That was quite the find, Prila. How did you decide to listen in on that conversation and not some other?"

Prila shrugged, "I thought he was handsome."

"Oh." Kikata stated with a furrowed brow, "Well. Lucky find either way, I am going to go change into my Guard clothing and then we will have our little talk."

~ ~ ~ ~

A few minutes later Kikata strolled down the hall towards the man in questions room. Richard sat atop her shoulder which was now covered in the tight fabric of Kikata's blue and white jump suit. She arrived at the door Prila had mentioned and rose her arm to knock. She took a deep breath before pounding her fist three times.

After a short pause the door opened, a tall neko stood in the doorway. Kikata eyed him for a moment, he had very definitive and sharp features. His exposed chest and stomach were very well sculpted, his short brown hair was elegantly disheveled and the fur on his tall, Alta ears almost looked overly groomed.

"Yes?" The man asked, his voice familiar from the recording.

Kikata shook her head, she had been staring. "I've come to question you about something." She stated.

"And what would that be?" The man asked, his light blue eyes fell on Kikata's jump suit and the tiny human perched on her shoulder. Slowly piecing together who she was.

"We overheard a transmission you sent from your room and it seemed to correlate with-" She gapsed as the mans fist suddenly flung forward, shoving her backwards as he took off down the hallway. "Stop!" Kikata shouted. She took Richard into her hands and chased after him, careful to keep Richard from bouncing around against her palms. Kikata grew frustrated as she could not keep pace, the man was heading towards the docking bay.

Suddenly, like a blur, the man was struck by a powerful kick. Prila stared down at him with a grin, "The lady said stop." She knelt down next to him, he was knocked nearly unconscious.

"What happened?" Richard asked, finally able to see outside of Kikata's hands.

"Prila got him." She said, smiling widely towards her. "I will head back to the ship and get some detaining cuffs. Keep an eye on him."

"Sure thing." Prila said with a grin, "He will be out for a few more minutes at least. Unless I have to put him down again."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata and Prila dragged the half unconscious man back towards his room. Kikata took out a set of metal cuffs that she retrieved from the ship and strapped them to the mans arms.

Slowly the man came to. His head swayed back and forth as he tried to get a hold of the world around him, a large red bump had formed over his right eye, "W-What did you do to me." He finally mumbled.

"What we had to do." Kikata stated, pulling out a chair and sitting down onto it, "Now, if you would kindly explain why you ran?"

The man dipped his head, taking a large couple breaths before responding, "I've had trouble with the law before alright? It was a natural reaction."

"What is this shipment coming in today?"

"Just...personal items..."

"Personal items?" Kikata asked with an arched brow, "So if we intercept this shipment and we find loads of weapons or any other contraband we can safely conclude that it is all yours?"

"I guess so."

Kikata sat back, glancing towards Prila and Richard who were watching from the far end of the bedroom, "Prila go make a call to the security department and alert them to the situation. We can't be too careful." She turned back to the man who was now eyeing her bitterly from behind a half closed eye, "Now. Why don't you cooperate and alleviate yourself of any truly harsh consequences."

"You'd love that wouldn't you?" He said, a grin forming across his lips.

Kikata scoffed, but ignored the comment, "You are undoubtably a part of the group that is calling themselves the New Order?"

The man's eyes darted away from her but he didn't respond.

"You understand that any affiliates of an organization like this will be tried for treason, murder, and countless other charges?"

"But you don't have a death penalty."

Kikata smirked, "Not officially. But I can imagine a life sentence of isolation in a tiny cell will have you begging for a death penalty."

"You don't have their death penalty." He stated, now eyeing Kikata sternly.

"They being the New Order?" Kikata questioned. The man nodded slowly, "So you are worried that they will come after you if you give information?"

"I think." The man began slowly, "You underestimate exactly how serious the New Order is in their mission."

"Mission?"

"To gain control. Complete control."

Kikata's brow narrowed, "I can assure you they stand no chance at that."

"You just wait." The man retorted.

Kikata eyed him for a few moments longer, she wasn't going to be able to crack him. She would leave that up to the professionals. "Alright then. I've got no choice but to give you up to the authorities. You had best reconsider your behavior if you want even the chance of having your freedom." She stood up and left the room. She turned to see two Nova Knights walking down the hallway towards her. Their armor was designed to reflect the surrounding terrain, they could almost melt into the white hallway.

"The prisoner?" A robotic voice asked from behind a thick wall of protective glass.

Kikata pushed open the door for the two Knights, "In here."

The soldier nodded, "Good work, Guard."

Kikata nodded, and made her way back towards the front desk where Prila and Richard waited.

"Who were those guys?" Richard asked.

"Nova Knights." She said, Knights is simply the word chosen for translation.

"They had some serious armor on."

Kikata nodded, "They are the soldiers."

"So, they have this under control?" Prila asked with a frown.

"Yeah, I think our job is done here." Kikata laughed lightly. "I will go report in, coming Richard?"

"As if I decide where I get to go." Richard muttered. He glanced over his shoulder towards Prila who gently lifted him by the waist and offered him up to Kikata. Kikata smiled and held out her hand, taking the small human on her palm.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata set Richard down by his chair before making the call to home base. Within a short moment the face of the General appeared on screen.

"Kikata." He stated, "I heard that you left Teralist a few days before your leave had expired. Though I must say I am hardly surprised to hear that you and Richard are behind this latest find."

"I hardly did the work." Kikata said with a nod, "A secretary here at the base intercepted the call and then notified myself."

"What was her name?"

"Prila Tchana."

"Well then, I will be sure to look into anything we can do for her. Either way you have handled the situation well, our servicemen will take the prisoner in for further questioning. We have also set up heightened security to intercept this delivery that he spoke of in the transmission."

"Thank you, Sir."

"You will continue your patrol as assigned. Keep your eyes sharp and be careful. We are on the edge of a very large conflict here, do no underestimate the enemy."

"Will do, General."

"That is all, good luck."

The generals face flickered off the screen.

"That went well?" Richard asked, rising from his seat and facing Kikata.

Kikata shrugged, "I guess so. We've got one more night here and then it is time for us to go."

"Sounds like a plan." Richard chuckled.

Kikata nodded, her eyes watching a team of Nova Knights as they searched through a transport vessel. She could feel something brewing, the words of the prisoner still fresh in her ears. What did he mean...their death penalty. She glanced down to Richard and forced a smile as she offered him a hand.
Chapter 29 by Ginbug
"Back at it, eh?" Richard called up from his seat as he watched the atmosphere slowly dissipate into the black of space. Kikata hummed in agreement, nodding her head slowly as her golden eyes darted between the endless expanse of stars. Her mind was still caught up with what Prila had said that night. Every time she thought back on it she would find herself buried in her mind, much like she was now. Was it fate that pushed her away from Runo? That same fate which pushed her off Teralist in order to meet Prila? Her eyes narrowed as she thought of all the unforeseen turns her life had taken all during the course of a few months. She felt like her life was accelerating. If she really was just floating along by some unseen hands push than that hand had given her a very powerful shove. She could feel the next impact coming, she knew it was coming.

"Kikata?" Richard asked, staring up at the neko whose narrow eyes remained transfixed outside of the window. He glanced over her shoulder to see what she was looking at but there was only empty space.

Kikata shook her head and shifted her gaze down to Richard with a smile, "Sorry, I was thinking."

"Yeah you looked pretty zoned out, everything okay? That kick still got you a little woozy?"

Kikata laughed, gently rubbing the black and blue mark on her cheek, "No, it is a bit sore still though." She lowered her hand next to him, feeling the small familiar patch of warmth against her palm as he sat down. She gently carried her body up and over her chair and down the short ladder. She slumped down at the table and let Richard go with a sigh, "I feel like a little girl again having to return to school after vacation."

"I know what you mean." Richard chuckled. He eyed her for a moment, "Though I will admit this is still a nice alternative to working back with the science camps."

She smiled, "Yes? I will also admit that working with a partner has been fun. I'm not sure how I would have done if I had been going by myself all these weeks." She leaned her head down on her palm as she started reflecting once again. She and Richard had done so much in a rather short period of time, more than many could hope to accomplish in a lifetime back home. Her eyes flickered onto him once again, "Tell me...how anxious are you for the Earth bound transport ship?"

Richard recoiled a bit from the question, "Um." He started, still at a loss for words, "Well...tell you the truth I haven't much thought about it recently. He looked towards her and shrugged, "I get homesick at times. But who doesn't? Really the only thing that I am looking forward to is being able to function in a place thats my size."

"I see. I couldn't begin to imagine what its like to be so small."

"Yeah. Sometimes you start to feel a little...hmm...inadequate? Getting carried around all the time that is."

Kikata grimaced, remembering how she used to take quite a bit of pleasure getting to handle the tiny, cute human. "You don't take offense do you?" She asked slowly.

Richard shook his head, "No, not really."

Kikata smiled, "Well, at least your spirits are good." She glanced around the ship, huffing a stream of air through her lips, "Cards?"

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard and Kikata locked eyes as a familiar ringing pierced through the ship. On instinct Kikata lowered her hand, allowing a few seconds for Richard to climb on before making her way to the cockpit.

Richard jumped into his seat, watching as his display mimicked Kikata's. "What do we got?" He called over his shoulder.

"Something new." Kikata replied, her eyes scanning over the coordinates. "The signal is coming from another terraformed planet."

"Alright, what's new?"

"This isn't coming from a research outpost or a base. This is a civilian signal." Kikata prepared the ship, leaning herself back against her seat before activating the jump.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata couldn't shake a nervous feeling welling in her chest as they slowed to a near stop. The signal was coming from a terraformed moon orbiting a massive red gas planet. The moon was small, mainly serving as a midway station for traders or travelers.

Their ship lowered through the artificial atmosphere, an urban landscape appearing below them. The planet was still in the early stages of terraforming, the ground was devoid of vegetation so all of the breathable air had to be artificially pumped into the atmosphere.

Suddenly a crackling voice broke through the radio, "Hello?" It called almost as if in a whisper.

Kikata blinked, "Who is there? What is the situation?"

"Oh good. Ya' speak English." The voice had an almost southern accent to it.

"Yes, I do." Kikata said, scanning her hud for the source of the radio signal. "I have your signal we are approaching now. Once again, what is the situation?"

"Well. Some god damn space monkeys came in and blew up the whole damn place! That's what happened!"

"Space monkeys?" Kikata asked.

"You know, goons with guns! Henchmen!"

"I'm sorry don't follow-"

"I'll talk to him." Richard cut in. "What did they look like? Are they still here?"

"What is a goon?" Kikata muttered to herself.

"I don't know. They came in with three black ships, all wore black uniforms, some of em' had these weird head things on their heads."

"Well we are dropping by your location now." Kikata said lowering towards a smoky pillar just outside of the city limits. "Your ship as been damaged?"

"Near blown in half I reckon."

The ship bounced lightly as it set down on the brown, rocky landscape. Kikata took Richard in hand before practically jumping from the seat to the floor.

"No time to armor up, let's gather whoever is here and get back into ship."

"Sounds like a plan." Richard said as they approached the lowering ramp.

The ship outside was old looking, dark gray in color. It was about half the size of Kikata's ship, a very clear black wound on the underbelly, wires and smoke spewing out of the gaping hole. Kikata knelt down by the loading bay door and set Richard down.

"Go on in." She insisted, "And be quick."

~ ~ ~ ~

"Hello?" Richard called out. The inside of the vessel was a mess. Boxes lay strewn everywhere, the lights were constantly flickering on and off. The ship was clearly a cargo carrier, on the inside it was left wide open to support a heavy load.

"Hey!" A familiar voice called out. Two figures suddenly stepped out from behind a pile of wooden crates. The two men were almost complete oposites. The man on the right was built like a truck, his shoulders broad and his arms practically rippling. A thick and manly blonde mustache ran between his lips and continued up into his sideburns. His hair was long and unkempt, tied into a pony tail behind his head. He appeared to be aged into his forties, his skin rough and worn.

The second man was scrawny. He had a mop of medium length brown hair that sat atop his head and hung down nearly over his eyes. His facial hair was hardly as grandiose as his companion, a mere thin tuft clinging to his chin.

Though most striking of all to Richard was that they were human. It had been well over a month since he had last stood face to face with someone and been able to look them straight in the eye.

"Is there anyone else?" Richard asked, his eyes darting between the two men.

"No sir." The larger man responded, he seemed rather unshaken compared to his scrawny friend. "The name is Crab, this is my first mate Will." He said, patting the younger man on the back with apparently a painful amount of force. Will flinched as he was struck by the wide and rough hand of Crab.

"Richard Bromwell," Richard responded, holding out his hand.

Crab took his hand in a forceful shake, "Good to meet ya'. So, let's get out of this hunk of trash before it blows up on us eh?"

Richard nodded, escorting the two men back towards the exit. The slipped out the door to where Kikata was waiting for them, her head turned back towards the city nervously as she waited.

"Holy cow would you look at that mountain of a babe?" Crab whispered to his companion as he wrapped his arm around the young mans shoulder. Will simply nodded quietly.

"Oh good." Kikata said as she turned to see the three men approaching her, "There is still some action going on in the city from what I can hear." She lowered both hands before them, glancing over her shoulder once more.

"Sorry ma'am but Crab don't hitch no rides." He said, starting to walk past the outstretched hands.

Richard chuckled, climbing up onto her palms and looking up to see Kikata staring down at him with an arched brow.

"Well, I can hardly understand you through that dialect but I certainly wont be waiting around for your tiny legs to carry you to the ship."

Crab halted in his step, glancing towards her hands as Richard and Will both waited for him, "Well. You put it that way." He grumbled. He walked back over to her waiting hands and hopped up. "Feisty one too eh." He whispered. Will simply rolled his eyes.

~ ~ ~ ~

"This is one damn fancy ship you got yourself here Rich." Crab commented. They had been set on the table while Kikata went to the cockpit to call in to alert the other Guards to the situation.

"Thanks. But I'm just staying here part time."

Crab nodded, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as he looked around, "Sure is a neko ship if I ever seen one. Got not a single sharp edge on anythin'! Not even on a table!" He laughed, "You think they make their designs so babies' dont smack their damn heads on the shit?" He laughed some more.

A smile cracked across Richards lips, the man had a sort of offensive charm to him. He could imagine himself having a few drinks with the man and causing some trouble back home. His eyes shifted towards Will, "Quiet one, aren't you?"

Will shrugged with a shallow, forced smile, "Guess so." His voice finally cracked. He flinched as another massive hand fell on his shoulder.

"Oh yeah. Will is most certainly, the uh, silent type!" Crab chuckled, "But the boys competent where it counts." Crab tuned back towards the Cockpit where Kikata's voice traveled down to them in the Neko language. "Paired with a neko hm? Ever climb that mountain there Rich?"

Richard huffed a single laugh, "No sir. That mountain over there is a no climb zone." He kept his voice rather quiet, "Until recently she was engaged, now it's kind of complicated."

"Complicated means your in my friend!" Crab chuckled, "Lord knows I wouldn't mind taken that ride." He nudged Will, "Eh? How bout skiin' down them slopes? Strap a rope to ya' waist en' do some cave diven!" He burst into another fit of laughter.

"Not to say I haven't climbed a similar mountain." Richard added with a wink, he felt an odd desire to impress the gruff man.

"Oh?" Crab questioned, a grin sneaking across his hairy lips, "Please tell."

"Yeah what's it like?" Will asked, a bit to the surprise of Richard and Crab.

"Patience now Will let the man tell his story. Me thinks the boy had his eye on his own Neko princess before all hell broke loose."

Richard chuckled, "Well let me tell you, you've gotta muster up the courage before entering that woman. But if she's nimble she'll make it more than-" A shadow loomed over the trio.

"What are we talking about?" Kikata asked, leaning over the table.

Richard tossed a glance towards the two men, "Guy stuff." He responded slowly.

"Oh. Well if you don't mind I'd like to get to the issue at hand?" She sat down into her chair, "So first things first. What happened? Why was your ship shot down?"

"A story you want?" Crab began, "Alright, so this is how it went down..."

~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours ago...

"God dammit Will get in the ship!" Crab screamed. The sound of thunderous gunfire echoed through the wide loading dock.

"Wait, we've gotta-"

"No boy we've got not time for waitin'!" He took hold of Wills collar and dragged him aboard. He slammed his palm on the ramp raising button and sprinted towards the cockpit. "Go strap in boy, I aint lookin' to make this exit anythin' but quick!"

Will reluctantly rushed to his own seat. He sat down against the old leather co-pilots seat and pulled the heavy nano-fiber restraining straps over his chest. His bony fingers gripped the arm rests as he watched Crab furiously get the ship ready for lift off.

"Alright. Here we go, come on old bird don't you stall on me now!" There was a tremendous roar as the old and dated engines ignited. The entire ship vibrated under the power. "There we go! that a girl!" His hand gripped the accelerator and within seconds the thrusters lifted the bulky ship into the air. The large, almost boxlike vessel rose from the loading dock and turned towards the sky. "Okay! Here we go unknown galaxy!" He pushed the accelerator to full blast, a move most pilots would look down upon as jumping this close to the ground without a predetermined course could have some very deadly consequences.

"Fuck." He muttered bluntly as the engines failed to push them into jump speeds. "Okay, old fashioned escape!" He roared, turning his ship forward and readied for a more gradual asent. Though their grand escape was interrupted by the sound of tearing metal and explosions. A fifty foot wide hole had suddenly been torn straight through the hull of the ship, decimating three out of four large engines. The two men screamed as they spiraled out of control. The cityscape passed below in a blur. Crab used all of his might and skill to use that one last engine to avoid crashing nose first into the rocky landscape below, instead they bottomed out in a violent crash, their cockpit instantly filling with impact foam.

~ ~ ~ ~

"So yup." Crab stated, folding his burly arms across one another.

Kikata and Richard shared a glance as he summed up the story.

"I...was actually wondering what happened before you were shot down. We sort of already surmised that."

"Oh." Crab said, rubbing his chin, "Well that will take a bit longer."

"We have time. We are waiting here unless fired upon for our reinforcements to get here."

Crab nodded, "Okay then, if you insist..."
Chapter 30 by Ginbug
A few hours before that...

Crab leaned up against the doorway, wondering when Will was going to get back. "Where the hell is that boy?" He muttered, kicking at a small plastic piece of trash on the ground. His eyes scanned across the wide loading dock, it was a mess of different crafts and species. It was a wonder that it seemed to run so smoothly. By now Crab was used to being on the tiny side, as someone who was not born on earth it wasn't all too strange to be living among creatures that towered over you.

A large, cracking boom echoed through the city. Crabs thick brow narrowed as he turned towards the opening of the loading dock that served as a window into the main city below. A dark shadow flowed through the vertical openings of the docking bay, a black ship gliding slowly over head.

"Now what the hell is this about?" He grumbled. He turned back towards the ship, seeing as how a line of the much larger creatures had decided to block his view to the outside city. He made his way up towards the highly elevated cockpit through a series of long platforms and stairways.

Finally he was able to peer into the outside world, to his surprise a line of tall pillars of black smoke rose from a nearby street. "The hell-" His verbal musing were cut short as the sky itself seemed to erupt into a firestorm. The crowd that had gathered before the wide windows of the bay quickly scattered. He watched as the first wafts of bodily mist floated down towards the ground, a stream of bullets coming dangerously close to his ship. A line of bodies lay in the gunfires wake.

Crab took hold of his radio, his heart feeling a very rare sense of worry towards someone else, "Will?" He called, "Will where the fuck are ya'?"

There was a long, painful moment of silence.

"I-I'm trying to get back." Wills nervous voice called back through the radio.

~ ~ ~ ~

"So they just started attacking the city?" Kikata asked.

"Yup." Crab stated; "And as far I could tell."

Kikata nodded, "I wonder if it has anything to do with it being a Hybrid city?"

"Now why the hell would anyone attack a place over that! If you ask me those goons are prob' sittin' there scoopin' up all the product just lyin' around that place."

Kikata glanced towards Richard, obviously having trouble understanding what Crab was saying. Richard laughed lightly, "I'll explain that one." He said with a nod towards Kikata, "You see there is a new group of anti-government mercenaries that want to change how things are run. First of all they hate us humans, they want to tax the hell out of us at the very least, though if they get their way we'd probably be devoid of rights."

"So they're nutzo?"

"Yeah, basically. Egotistical big fella's who don't think us small people deserve the light of day."

Kikata ran her hands through her hair, "Could you two please speak in a dialect I can follow?"

Richard laughed, "Sorry."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "So. Crab, what sort of name is that?"

"That'd be a nick name ma'am. I feel like it gives me a sort of swashbucklin' appearance. You see, me and Will here like to think of ourselves as Pirates of the skies, aint' that right Will?"

Will covered his face with his hands, "Crab..." He muttered.

"What?" Crab laughed, he glanced up towards Kikata who had raised her brow at his last comment.

"Pirate?" Kikata asked.

"Oh..." Crab cleared his throat, "I didn't mean it like that, y'know? You see we run a transport business, all legal I assure you."

"Oh I'm sure." Kikata muttered.

"Just a term is all. Travelin' the vast space like, well, sea men used to float upon the seven seas!" He explained holding his hands out in front of him and gliding them through the air.

Kikata sighed, "Richard, can we speak a moment?"

Richard looked towards the other two men and shrugged, "Uh, sure." He climbed up onto her hand.

Crab and Will watched as the Neko carried the human up towards the cockpit.

"Pirates? Crab? You're going to call us pirates in front of two Nova Guards?"

"Hey how was I supposed to know the broad would take it so literally?"

~ ~ ~ ~

"I don't like this guy." Kikata muttered quietly.

"Oh come on Kikata..." Richard replied.

"No. He is foul, rude...did he think I didn't hear that, what was it, mountain of a babe comment?" She shook her head, "And besides, I think he might be a fugitive."

"From just meeting him you come to that conclusion huh?"

"You saw how his friend reacted when he called himself a Pirate! I want to go check their cargo."

"There are more pressing matters at hand, cut him a break."

"But what if-"

"No. We will not be investigating them." Richard insisted.

"But-"

"Just drop it okay? He's just got a certain way about him, trust me he's no pirate. They wouldn't have called for help if they were, you heard the man he just runs a transport service."

Kikata took a deep breath, "Fine."

~ ~ ~ ~

"What if they've figured out that we do more than just carry cargo?" Will whispered in a worried tone.

"Nonsense. They're just discussing...neko stuff probably I don't know. Besides I bet half of that, uh, dirty shipment got blown out the bottom. We're in the clear."

They watched as Kikata and Richard returned after a few antagonizing minutes of waiting. Richard nodded towards them with a reassuring smile.

"So uh, business as usual?" Crab blurted with a grin.

"Sure." Kikata stated, "Your friend here will fill you in on the situation since he is a little more...capable for communicating it seems."

Richard gave Kikata a sharp glare before turning back towards Crab and Will. "Alright, so here is whats up." Richard started, "Those three ships undoubtably belong to a group who now called themselves the New Order. At least thats the english translation."

"Right yeah, nutzo's."

"Right. So we know a small bit about them. One, they are into the prisoner taking business. Me and Kikata, along with the Guards who will be arriving here shortly will be going in after them. We should out number them if not we'll sure as hell out gun them. You two will wait here."

"I-I want to go." Will sputtered.

The entire party turned towards him, surprised that his second full sentence had been a rather bold one.

"Will. Now why the fuck would you want to take your skinny ass back into that city where just about every dick gropin' space monkey with a gun could mistake you for a toothpick?"

Will's eyes nervously darted between the two men and the Neko, "I-I uh. I've um..."

"It a girl? Aint it?" Crab laughed. "Hot damn I knew it! So that's why you've been sneakin' off, tellin' me you left some paperwork at the processing center or some bullshit like that!"

Will blushed, clearly not the type who wanted to be put on the spot for something like this. "Well you always tell me that I need to uh, get laid..."

Crab laughed again, "That I do, that I do! Just about every time we stop at one of these ports I tell the boy that he's a man now and if he doesn't get his dick wet soon it might just go and shrivel back up between his legs and I'd be stuck with a first lady!"

Kikata leaned towards Richard, "Is he even speaking english?" She whispered.

"Best you don't understand." Richard assured her. "Well. If he's hard pressed on going I've got a few extra guns, and we might need a few extra eyes out there."

"A few?" Kikata laughed.

~ ~ ~ ~

That morning

Will walked along the rather empty human sized walkway that had been elevated from the much larger sidewalk. He and Crab had been running their shipments further and further from the planets where humans were more regular. It was a surprise to find a city that had been equipped with hybrid architecture. Back in the solar systems close to earth the hybrid cities were really starting to boom on the newly terraformed planets. Each and every building would be designed with all species in mind. Sidewalks would be built with multiple tiers of walkways. Apartment buildings would be built with multiple scales of housing. Restaurants would have tables for the larger species on the floor with balconies and even combined seating. The design was meant to start socializing races are a more regular level.

He rounded the corner and pushed his way into his destination. He had been coming to this place for three days now to register their shipments. It was a task that could be done electronically but he could never trust the worn old computers on the ship.

Another driving force for his returning was a neko girl that worked there. He had a brief and awkward meeting with her the very first day they arrived, but everything about her seemed to have been burned into his mind. Her uniquely vibrant red hair that hung down just far enough to tickle the tops of her shoulders. Her tall, pointed furred ears went from a dark shade of black at the base which slowly gave way to that same color of red. Her eyes shone a beautiful dark green, they seemed to carry a sense of pleasantness while masking just a hint of deviance, reinforced by her thick, darkly painted lashes. The way she chewed her brightly painted red lip as she worked had made him weak at the knees.

To his relief she was there, this time working the station at the far end of the walkway. Okay Will just as for her name, no big deal. Then ask when her shift ends. You can do this. He told himself, prepping himself mentally for the encounter.

However his thoughts Froze as her green eyes locked with his, a small smile creasing her lips.

"You again?" She asked, her voice was so youthful and energetic.

"Yup. Me again." He said with a laugh.

"I must have great service, seeing as you just walked past five other checkers."

"Oh did I?" He asked, his cheeks reddening, "Huh."

She giggled, "Okay same as yesterday, and the day before, and the day before." She said pointing towards the little slot that he would insert his paperwork for their computers to process.

Will slipped his papers in and stepped back, having trouble looking towards her face as he rocked back and forth. He kept feeling the sentences forming in his throat but he just couldn't spill them out. He would look up at her only to be caught in her playful gaze. She would giggle, making him feel nervous and forcing his eyes elsewhere.

"My shift ends in about two minutes." She finally spoke.

"Oh, cool." He sputtered, "I uh, I'm pretty much free always!"

She laughed, "Yes?"

A loud beep sounded, alerting Will that his papers had been processed. He stepped back over towards the machine and gathered his papers.

"Well I was thinking of eating grabbing an early lunch over at that new Earth based restaurant."

"Oh yeah, what's that like?" Will continued, in a somewhat nervous and jagged manner.

"I don't know." She laughed, "You want to check it out?"

"Y-You mean like go with you?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes. Do I need to make it more clear?"

"Oh, no. Not at all."

"Good." She said with a smile, "Stay right there then I need to gather up my things."

"Okay." Will watched as she rose up from her seat, her tail springing up from her rear. Its fur had a similar pattern to her ears, dark black at the base and turning red about three quarters of the way up. The tail poked out from over a puny black skirt that just barely hid the flesh of her rear end. She wore a white tank top like shirt that was made from a thin, almost elastic type material, cut down the chest in a narrow "V" shape.

She turned towards him with a smile and placed her hand down next to him, "Alright, let's go."

"Y-You want me to climb into your hand?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes silly. If I waited for you to walk it'd take us like an hour."

Will nodded, trying to subtly wipe his nervous hands dry as he climbed onto her soft and warm palm.

About ten minutes later Will found himself on a balcony that hung almost directly over the girls shoulder, whose name he discovered to be Fillana, Fill for short. The restaurant was rather empty being that it was still pretty early in the day. It was adorned with pictures and sculptures from Earth. The food was very vaguely based off of earth cousine, however it was hard to copy meals made from ingredients so small. Though neither Will nor Fill would have noticed the difference being that neither had ever actually visited earth.

Will was still acting somewhat jittery and nervous around her. He couldn't hammer the idea into his head that she had actually asked him to accompany her to lunch and seemed vaguely interested in him.

"Relax." She finally said, in a soft and comforting voice.

Will nodded, "Sorry. It's just I sort of suck at uh, doing this."

Fill laughed softly, "No I understand, I could tell from the first time you came to my station. But don't worry yourself you have already sparked my interest this far."

"That obvious huh?" He asked, feeling as though a little weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

She nodded, "I find it cute though, so consider it a bonus quality." She forked another large chunk from her salad, revealing her long canines as she bit into it. "So." She said between chews, "How long are you in town for?"

"Another week while we wait for our orders to arrive."

"Oh, so not long." She nodded, "Well then I guess there isn't much time for us to get to know each other."

"I guess not." Will admitted, starting to remember the reason why it was near impossible for him to meet girls in the first place.

"No worries i guess. I mean a weeklong fling is a start I suppose."

Will nearly choked as she spoke, a fling? Did this mean he was in? This fast? "That would be great." Was all he could manage to sputter.

A wide smile crossed her lips "I said relax Will!"

"Sorry..." He apologized worrying that he was ruining his chances already, "So um. You speak pretty good english for someone who lives so far out...erm I mean so far from where..."

"Yeah I know what you mean. And thank you. I actually spend quite a bit of my free time on language software, and in school I made it into advanced languages classes. Hopefully one day it will be my ticket out of here."

"Yeah. I'm sure you are smart enough to do what ever you want. Not me though, I'm stuck on my ship."

"Aw thank you!" She cooed. She set her fork down, "Excuse me though, I have to run to the ladies room."

"Okay."

"Don't run away on me now!" She giggled rising from her seat.

Never in a million years! He thought to himself. He was shocked by how smoothly this was going, and he was hardly succeeding at improving his awkwardness. He watched as her knee crumbling figure walked towards the woman's room. Did she really find him cute? He didn't really care at this point. If he even got to touch that body his life would be compete.

A few minutes past before a loud crash interrupted the otherwise quiet morning. The crash was followed by a series of screams and commotion outside of the restaurant. A second and third crash followed, this time much closer, a wave of air flowed through the restaurant, the screams started to escalate. To his shock the ominous sound of gunfire exploded in the street outside.

The sound of ships landing and feet crushing along the pavement outside. Fill's figure appeared in the doorway, a panicked look on her face as well as everyone else in the restaurant. Suddenly the front doors exploded. A tall figure in black uniform rushed inside, a massive cannon hanging from his hands. The neko, whose face was covered by a black mask pointed the weapon towards Fill.

"No!" Will screamed, fearing that his new beloved would be shot dead. But the neko instead took her arm and pulled her to his chest, screaming at the other customers as he held her hostage. More of the black figures rushed inside, not all of them neko. It even seemed as if some smaller, almost human sized aliens rushed into the restaurant as they started to pull the frightened customers outside.

Will didn't know what to do, his eyes glued to Fill's as she was dragged out the door. He broke from his trance and rushed off the balcony. What choice did he have? He had to run.

"Will!" A voice crackled through his radio as he sped down a flight of wooden stairs. "Where the fuck are ya'?!"
Chapter 31 by Ginbug
Nova Force:Ep8 part3
by =Ginbug

Will stared down at his hands as the heavy plack metal was set down by the now almost Machine looking Richard. "Now this thing has some pop to it." Richard warned, "And you've only got four shots with it until you have to load it with the next clip."

"O-Okay." Will stuttered.

"Richard you don't have anymore of those fancy suits now do ya'?" Crab asked as he continued to examine the walls of weapons, he was a child in a candy store.

Richard shook his head, "Sorry, this is one of a kind. There's some armor back in that crate but it was way too big for me."

Crab raised his brow, "Armor you say?" He carried his hefty frame over towards the back of the container and hoisted the lid off of a long metal case. He frowned as he lifte the helmet, it would still be too large even for Crab's large head. He set it back down and lifted the shoulder guards, "Oh here we go." He grunted, lowering them over his head, "Match made in heaven!" He laughed, turning side to side. The dark gray shoulder and chest guard fit snuggly on his wide shoulders, the metal plate reaching up to about his ears.

~ ~ ~ ~

The three men walked out of the small weapons locker to see a gigantic wall of blue and white metal waiting for them.

"Are you ready?" Kikata's now robotic voice boomed around them.

"Holy moly! Hey robot what did you do with the sexy lady?" Crab laughed.

Richard could feel Kikata's glare from outside of the non-translucent glass wall, he shook his head as he put on his own helmet, "Yeah we are ready." Richard said.

Kikata nodded, setting her hands down before the group, "The other guards are circling the city as we speak, the three ships are still on the ground. We will move in on foot." Kikata rose to her feet slowly, holding the three small, armed men in one hand as she reached down to gather a sleek black canon. She had never held it before with the intent of firing it upon a real body. She just hoped that she wouldn't actually have to use it.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata watched as a blue and white Nova Guard ship flew overhead. A streak of yellow flowed from where in the city depths towards it, but the stream was short lived. It seemed as though at the moment they were at a standoff.

Richard turned off his outbound audio, "Kikata, how are you feeling?" He called through the radio, so they could converse in private.

Kikata's metallic head dipped slightly as she turned off her own outbound, "I think I'm good." She said, "I have been training for this."

Richard nodded, "Right."

Crab eyed down Will, "You know how to use that thing?"

Will shrugged, "Can't be too hard."

Crab chuckled, "Those rounds you got in there are explosive. So don't be goin' 'round shootin' that thing without takin' a good two seconds to make sure ya' aint aiming at a wall right ahead of us."

"Yeah I know..." Will mumbled.

"Gona' get us both killed." Crab muttered.

"Well you didn't have to come." Will stated.

Crab laughed, "As if I'd send my boy and first mate back into this city with soldier man and jumbo tits on his own!"

"I can hear you, you know." Kikata's robotic voice called down at him.

Crab looked up and over his shoulder towards the glass wall staring back at him, "Consider it a compliment miss."

"Oh is that right?" Kikata muttered, shaking her head as she looked back towards the city. The other guards had marked the location of the three ships that had landed in a wide plaza. She made her way into the streets, carefully creeping her way around abandoned vehicles. She pinned herself to a wall, "Okay." She called through the radio to Richard, "What's the plan?"

"Haven't you been given one?" Richard asked.

"They are being slow." Kikata said, "They would open fire on the ships had they not taken hostages."

"A human shield."

"Right. They want me to look for a place that they can fire of an electronics killer."

"Electronics killer? You mean an EMP?"

"I guess."

Richard nodded, "Well why don't you put me on the ground. I am small enough, I should be able to go unnoticed-"

"Why not above?" Crabs voice broke in. Richard had forgotten to turn his outbound audio off. "The buildings here are a spiderweb of tunnels and pathways, better above than on the ground where you aint' got nowhere to run."

"He has a point." Kikata said.

"Alright then." Richard said rising to his feet, "Will, Crab, let's do this."

~ ~ ~ ~

Will panted heavily, his heart was racing and his shirt was soaked with sweat. The heavy piece of metal machinery in his hands bore down on his elbows and shoulders painfully, the box of extra rounds strapped over his shoulder dug into his neck. This was the last way he pictured his day turning out.

He watched as the heavily armored Richard jogged up a good twenty yards ahead of himself and Crab. He felt like he was following the trail of some war hero. The flat black armor gave the man a sense of unshakability, if anyone was going to get out of this spot free it was him. That of course left himself to take the brunt of the trauma. Crab wouldn't get injured, Crab never got a scratch. Will was clumsy, he was untrained and he was nervous.

Richard stopped as they reached another corner in the wide hallway. They had been following the inner sections of the buildings that would eventually lead them to an area that looked out over the plaza. He glanced back towards Will and Crab who were just now arriving at his side, he nodded towards them.

"We're almost there." Richard called into the radio.

"Okay, be careful. We need you to use the targeting system, do you remember that?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I will tell you more once you are in position."

Richard waved his arm forward, and the trio was running again. Richard felt waves of excitement rushing through his body, only the slightest hint of fear. It wasn't like his first taste of combat. This time he would be the one launching the surprise attack. A long row of windows appeared in the next hall and they came to another stop. Richard slowly approached one of the windows, peering outside.

He saw the three ships. They weren't so different than the three ships he had seen. They were built similar to Kikata's but on a smaller scale. The plaza around the ships was littered with moving bodies, some had guns, others were either sitting or laying on the ground.

"Were here." Richard whispered.

"Okay." Kikata responded, "They need you to find an open area, as close to the ships as possible to drop the EMP. That will cripple their electronics and make sure none of them can get up and running. The EMP will cause damage to the ground so be careful where you set the target, they cannot see the smaller humans or other races from that high up."

"Okay." Richard responded.

"Next they need you to set targets on the military men. We are going to ambush and we need to make sure that when the chaos starts we can separate the civilians from the bad guys."

"Got it." Richard responded again. "Command target." Richard whispered, the display suddenly flashing to the targeting system. He scrolled through the options, selecting a blue triangle as the marker for the EMP drop. There was a water fountain between two of the ships, he set the target on that.

Once it was set he ducked down and moved down two windows, allowing Will and Crab to fill in behind him.

"What's the situation?" Crab asked in a whisper.

"We are selecting targets for our guys to take out. Split the civilians from the others."

"Sneaky..." Crab replied with a grin.

Richard nodded, "Tell me if you see anyone hiding out in the shadows."

Richard scanned the ground, his display picking up on the various, black uniformed mercenaries below. He would select anyone he saw with a weapon. His brow furrowed as he saw a line of the mercenaries standing rigidly by the wings of one of the ships. They were rather small aliens, similar to the ones that he and Kikata found at the first station they investigated. But around their necks they wore a strange metal contraption. The metal reached up around their heads, incasing it almost like a hood.

"What the hell are those things?" Richard muttered quietly.

"You talkin' bout them head gears?"

Richard nodded.

"Those are those things I told ya' bout' over the radio. Real creepy stuff, they act more like machines then living creatures. And they got em' on more then just those dudes."

Richard eyed the strange mercenaries for a moment longer before setting his targets.

"Alright." He finally called, "We're ready..."
Chapter 32 by Ginbug
Author's Notes:
The characters Will and Crab belong to Owlizard over at Devaint art. He is actually putting this "episode" together in a comic format ^^ http://owlizard.deviantart.com/
Kikata gripped her canon and made her way into a restaurant that would eventually open up into the plaza. She stopped short, lowering her head as she waited for the EMP strike.

Richard watched as a bright blue streak shot down to the earth, crashing at the exact point he had marked on the ground. The fountain shattered in a bright flash as debris and water showered over the startled plaza. The humming engines of the three ships suddenly cut out.

"Go time?" Crab yelled over the confused shouting from below.

"I think so." Richard replied hoisting the rifle he had selected and aiming it down towards the plaza. The rifle was about three feet long, a long scope with a digital display so he could use it with his helmet on. This would be his first time firing his weapon in combat. He scanned over the bodies, which were being dragged back towards the ships while other black uniformed soldiers ran towards cover. He gripped the heavy trigger with two fingers as the red dot on his scope fell on a forty foot tall, red furred creature. Its face was a strange mix between some sort of primate and a reptile. His thumb flicked off the safety, he lined the red dot against the creatures chest and fired.

The creature recoiled from the shot, a five inch long slug lodging in his rib cage. It would have been an almost minor sting, but the bullet packed a hidden punch. Suddenly a red puff of mist erupted from the creatures chest, causing it to stumble backwards. It dropped to its knees as it panted for breath through it's now flooding lungs. Within a few seconds the creature doubled over onto the ground, Richards first confirmed kill.

Kikata rose to her feet, holding her canon infront of her as she approached the doorway that led out to the plaza. Suddenly a black uniformed Marlek stumbled inside. (quick note: Marlek is the name of the creatures that first invaded earth. Some might refer to them as "macro furs" as they appear to be humanoid canines and felines).

"Put down the weapon!" Kikata ordered, she knew that as a Guard she must always give the opposition a chance to surrender peacefully. The white furred Marlek grunted, lifting it's weapon towards Kikata. Kikata pumped the lever on her canon, similar to a human made shotgun. The weapon jumped back against her shoulder, a bright flash illuminating the restaurant. The Marlek roared as it's chest caved in, a red cloud erupting behind him as he fell to the floor. A quite literal river of red flowed across the tile floor.

She very briefly wondered what she had just done, yet the adrenaline in her system told her it was nothing. It told her to rush to the window, so she did. She crouched down before the window, watching as the creatures marked by red diamonds scattered along the open plaza. The other Nova Guards were closing in as well, circling the Plaza and cutting off any escape routes. She set her cannons muzzle on the window sill.

"Put down your weapons and get on the ground!" She screamed, her robotic voice echoing back to her. A bullet slug struck the window next to her. She gritted her teeth and started pumping rounds into the Plaza.

"Looks like ya' girl just opened up a can of hell!" Crab screamed with a wide grin.

Richard nodded, watching as the bright white streaks ripped across the plaza. The soliders took cover behind their ships, four of the larger creatures unable to escape the fury that was Kikata's firepower. Richard took aim down much lower, looking for the smaller creatures that might be able to evade a neko's line of fire. His eyes fell on the reptilian soldiers that once stood lined rigidly below the wing of the black ships. They marched forwards, their weapons held stiffly in front of them. His brow furrowed as he aimed towards the creatures head. It's face seemed to not fit the body. Its eyes were wide. Richard hardly knew these creatures expressions but he could almost positively say that the creature had fear in his eyes. He shrugged it off, lowering his sight down to the his chest. He pulled the trigger.

Will was still fumbling to fire his first shot. The crosshair glued to his eye trembled and shook as he tried to line up a good hit. But when ever he built the confidence to take his shot his target would move.

"Will!" Crabs voice yelled in his ear.

Will looked over towards him, expecting to see that same old confident smirk. But his eyes widened as Crab's arm stood out rigid, his finger pointing somewhere to Will's right. Will followed the fingers path, gasping as a dark figure stood in the hallway about fifty yards away from them.

"Shoot him!" Crab ordered, dropping his own empty clip out of his weapon.

A hot streak zipped by Wills head, his mind practically already giving up hope that he might live through this. He fell to his stomach, pinning the heavy canon against his shoulder and looking down the crosshair. He pulled the trigger. A loud and explosive thump blasted through the wide hallway. A stripe of dust followed the shell as it raced towards the dark figure. With another tremendous blast the figure disappeared in a cloud of debris and smoke, the foundations of the hallway quaking in the explosion.

"Shit." Crab muttered, "Told ya' that thing would pack a punch."

Will got to his knees, his hands trembling and his shoulder throbbing. He stared down the now empty hallway with a grimace.

"Hey." Richards voice called, altered to a deep mechanical tone, "You did good."

"T-Thank-" Will was interrupted as the wall to his back suddenly exploded.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata scanned over the seemingly dead plaza, "Any movement?" She asked through the radio.

"Negative." A voice replied back mechanically, "These guys weren't very prepared. We've got a few more tucked behind that shattered fountain and the ship in the middle."

Kikata rose to her feet, as she peered out the window, letting out a long exhale. She suddenly heard a loud pinging. A red sensor on her hud flashed on the lowest part of the screen. She turned, looking down to see a small figure, no more than thirty feet tall firing up at her. She lowered her cannon towards it, "Put down the weapon." She ordered, "I will shoot."

The creature screamed something up towards her but she could not hear, it just kept firing off rounds, bouncing harmlessly off her armor. She gritted her teeth, preparing to pump a round but she stopped. She tossed her weapon aside and pounced towards the creature.

It writhed under her grip, "Stop fighting!" She growled, her fingers gripping the small weapon.

"I try!" It sputtered up in a broken dialect of the neko language. "I try!" It repeated.

"Y-You..." Kikata eyed it more closely. A metal ring clung to its scaled throat, a metal hood wrapping around the back of its head. She tried to pull the gun from its hand but the creature wouldn't let go...maybe it couldn't let go. She twisted the weapon, the creature crying out in pain but she eventually freed the firearm. "Sorry." She muttered, now lifting the creature in her hands.

"What is this?" She questioned, prodding the metal device with her finger.

"It for control. I cant...I cant do what I want do." His words were pleading and pitiful.

Kikata couldn't wrap her mind around it. How was this possible? She felt a sick twinge in her gut, how many of these creatures had she killed?

"I think we have a situation." Kikata called through the radio.

~ ~ ~ ~

Will couldn't see a thing. He wasn't surprised, not one bit. He should have known he would have been killed after coming up with this ridiculous idea. He felt a strong grip take his arm.

"Come on Will." Crab grunted, pulling the young man from under the slab of siding that had fallen after the large round struck their hallway.

"I-I'm not dead?" He sputtered, clawing his way across the floor once he was free, Crab helping him to his feet.

"By an inch." Crab grunted, patting down the shaken man who was covered with a thick layer of dust.

"Fights over it seems, let's get downstairs." Richard said.

"Right on." Crab said, patting his companion on the back as they made their way towards the stairs.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata gripped the frightened alien with both her hands, it's body seeming to continue to struggle against her. The other Nova Guards were making their way into the body littered plaza, she tried to keep her eyes focused away from the bloody earth.

"Hey watch your step!" Richards voice called through the radio.

Kikata's eyes widened, looking down towards her feet to see three small figures looking up towards her. She retracted the glass wall and smiled, "Sorry."

"Taking prisoners now?" Richard asked, eyeing the squirming creature in her hands.

"Not quite." She said, her face growing more stern, "We need to get the civilians out of the ships, who knows if they might be rigged to explode."

"Wait!" Crab called, "I have an idea..."

~ ~ ~ ~

Will took a deep breath as he walked up the on ramp, "But what if theres still a-"

"Then you shoot him." Crab insisted, "Come on now, be a hero before the calvary arrives."

Will nodded, jogging towards the entrance to the ship. He could hear the faint sound of random whimpers and whispers coming from the inside of the ship. He rounded a corner, stopping as he looked into the wide cargo bay of the ship. Prisoners lined the walls on either side, varying in species from neko's to Marleks and even the smaller creatures. He scanned the faces until he saw her. Fill sat with her head between her knees, her shoulders bouncing as she apparently wept quietly. He ran over towards her, a familiar nervous twinge in his stomach. He saw that her hands were bound together as they wrapped around her legs.

"Fill?" He called up. He could feel the eyes of the other prisoners looking down upon him.

Fill lifted her head slowly, her green eyes misted over. She blinked, turning her knees to the side so he could look down. She was surprised to see Will standing before her feet, a small black weapon hanging from his arms. "Will?" She asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I uh, I've come to set you free."

"Your...you...saved us?"

Will nodded, feeling a little guilty for taking so much credit.

"But how?"

"Well I had a little help." He watched as she leaned forward, setting her bound hands in front of him. He climbed onto her cupped palms, holding onto her finger as she lifted her hands towards her face.

"You risked your life to come and save a girl you had only just met?" She asked, a smile creeping across her lips.

"I-I uh, I guess so." He chuckled.

An even wider smile creased her lips as she suddenly lifted him towards her chin. She pressed her lips against his tiny body, feeling him squirm slightly before finally relaxing under the soft surface. She let her tongue slip out ever so slightly, prodding his chin and neck with the tip.

Will was short of breath as she pulled him away, "T-Thanks." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his head.

Fill giggled, "There is plenty more of that to come, but um. If you don't mind could you go get your friends who might be able to get us out of here?"

"Oh, yeah right. I'll do that." WIll said with a nod. "S-So I will see you once you are out?" He asked hopefully.

Fill rolled her eyes, "Of course. Relax Will, you have done way more than enough to secure the second date."

"Second date..." He mused, "Great, cool. I will uh, I will see you." He hopped off her hand as she laid it on the ground, "I'll be back, two minutes. Sit tight...erm...yeah!" He rushed back towards the door.

Fill sighed, a broad smile across her lips as she leaned back. She caught an odd stare from the neko who sat by her side, "What?" She asked.

"Quite the hero you've caught there. Think he will find his way to the door?" The woman said in a sarcastic tone.

Fill scoffed, "Well at least my hero came to save me, wheres yours?"

"Sitting right across from you." The woman said, nodding towards the male neko who sat across from Fill.

The man glanced between the two woman, "Hey. If I had gun I woulda' been right with him."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata looked on as the rest of the guards escorted the shaken civilians out of the ship. She stood with her helmet under one arm and her canon hanging from the other, "It was that easy?" She asked towards Richard who sat back atop her shoulder.

"I guess so. It was pretty hairy there for a minute though."

She nodded, "I guess. But for a group planning on taking over control of the government you would think they would be better equipped. Only a few of them had weapons even capable of piercing my Nova Armor."

"Perhaps Crab is right. Maybe their just a bunch of crazies?"

Kikata's eyes narrowed, "Maybe...but...something feels wrong. I came in here expecting the real deal and well...what we got was a slaughter." She grimaced as she reflected on what she had done.

Richard took note of her facial expressions and thought through his words carefully, "Hey, Kikata. We came here and we did what needed to be done. Anyone who got killed today had put them self in that position. Who knows what might have happened to those civilians if we didn't get here."

"I think I might have an idea." She looked down towards Richard, "You'll need to see it to believe it."

"What?" Richard asked as Kikata started moving. A group of three guards stood over a table that had been dragged out into the street. On the table lie the figure of that same alien that Kikata had taken. It was laying with its back flat against the wood, three containing straps kept him down. One of the guards was questioning him, though it did not seem to be in an offensive manner. He and the alien were having a more quiet discussion, which appeared strange because the aliens body thrashed from beneath the straps.

"He has no control over his movements."

Richard recognized the metal hood and neck brace, "Do you guys know what that stuff is?" He asked, pointing towards the aliens head.

"I've never heard of anything like it. But it would seem that the New Order has completely taken hold of his body. The only thing left of him is his head."

"But...how? How can they control his body without controlling his mind?"

"That's what we don't understand. It seems impossible."

Kikata turned away from the sad scene, "Where have those two men gotten off to?"

Richard shrugged, "No Idea. Last time I talked to Crab he told me that they were just going to sit tight here in the city."

"Do they know that we can give them transport?"

"I think so. But, seems as though they have business here. They're free to do as they please." Richard chuckled, "Besides, I think you and Crab on the same ship might be a safety hazard."

Kikata's eyes narrowed, "Where does he get off calling me jumbo tits to my face? Is he well in the head? Seriously, I just don't understand it."

Richard laughed, "See? And yeah, he's straight in the head. Just a culture shock I guess."

Kikata sighed, "Well. Back to the ship I guess."

~ ~ ~ ~

"Will?" Fill called as she finally broke free of the Nova Guards that were questioning her and the other captives. "Hey Will?" She called again, carefully stepping around the crowded plaza, covering her mouth as she saw a line of bodies. She looked away as a Guard pulled a sheet over them.

"Fill!" A small voice called up.

Fill looked down, smiling to see two small humans, "Oh there you are. I will have to watch my step with you, huh?" She knelt down before them, her gaze shifted towards Crab, "Hi." She said warmly.

"Hello there, Miss." Crab called up, Will looked on nervously as the two met. "You must be the gem that captivated my First mates heart, or maybe it was his-"

"Crab!" Will butt in quickly before he said anything that might ruin his chances with Fill.

"What? I was just gona' say your head!" He nudged Will, "If you catch my drift!" He burst into a fit of laughter.

Fill smiled, not quite getting the joke but she laughed lightly out of politeness.

"Anyway. I can now see why my boy risked both of our lives to make sure your pretty little face didn't get a scratch. That is of course if you uh, make it really worth his while!" He laughed again.

Will ran his hand through his hair, "Crab, please stop."

"Sorry, sorry." He panted. "Well I better leave you two lovebirds alone while I go and find us a new meaning in life. Our ship, also our temporary home, is now blasted to hell."

"You can stay with me." Fill offered, "My apartment has a few rooms, so...well..."

"You and my boy can get your privacy I hear ya loud and clear." Fill blushed slightly, "And that would be just lovely. We can get back on our feet in no time!"

Fill lowered her hand, smiling towards Will as they climbed on, "So they blew up your ship huh?" She asked.

"Damn right they did! Shot us clean out of the sky."

"Shot you down? Oh my gosh! And then even after that you came back for us?"

"Uh, sure. Yeah that's what happened. Couldn't have done it without us huh, William?" He patted Will on the back.

"Right, right." Will muttered, looking up towards Fill and smiling to see her smiling down at him.

"Well as far as I'm concerned it was Will who saved me. No one else." She lowered her head gently to kiss him.

"Easy now. Third wheel here on your hand-" He let out a small yell as fill reached her other hand over to gather Crab. Tucking him away in a gentle fist, "Funny." He grumbled.

"Now, where was I?" She whispered, she lowered her head down towards Will, giving him another long, big kiss. When she pulled him away she saw her gentle tonguing had left his hair standing on end, "Oh, here let me." She giggled, gently patting his hair down.

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard watched as Kikata removed her armor, walking over to the table to prepare himself to be lifted to the cockpit. His entire body felt lighter now that it was free from his own armor. He stepped onto the elevator and rose himself towards the tabletop, getting another view of Kikata leaned over removing her boots, her tail swaying slightly from side to side. "God damnit..." He muttered, forcing himself to look away.

Kikata turned to see Richard already waiting on the table, "Good boy." She giggled, walking over towards him.

"Hah." Richard laughed sarcastically, stepping up onto her hand as she offered it to him.

She made her way to the cockpit, setting Richard down by his own seat before settling into her own with a sigh, "We've been ordered to return to our regular patrol."

"Still no war effort huh?"

"Apparently not. They also said that it was important to have the Guards patrolling, even if this explodes into a full on war. After all when the big battles come we step aside for the Knights." She prepared the ship for take off, feeling an odd sense of accomplishment rising through the down feelings of the battle. She had done it, she was faced with the moment she had been fearfully awaiting and she didn't choke. A small smile creased her lips as she was finally able to mentally decide that she was in fact right for this job, she as a damn good Guard.
Chapter 33 by Ginbug
Kikata's eyes narrowed, Richard seemed confident. She bit her lip as she slowly slid two strips of paper into the larger pile that sat between them. She took a second take of her cards and nodded, her gaze shifting back towards Richard whose grin widened even further and he carried his own two strips into the pile.

"I don't know Kikata, had we been playing for real money this whole time I think I would own that nice little house of yours." Richard said as he walked back to his cards. He shot her another confident grin as he gripped the thick cardboard and pushed them upwards so he could look. Two large "A's" Stared him back in the face, with a third ace in the river. "You ready?"

Kikata nodded, watching as he flipped the large cards over.

"Three of a kind. Ace." He said triumphantly.

Kikata's eyes widened, but to his surprise a smile spreading across her lips, "Straight." She said. "Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" She boasted.

Richard hung his head as Kikata reached out over the pile of paper and pulled it towards her.

"Now what were you saying about my house? Pretty soon you'll be working off your debt cleaning it!"

"Yeah, yeah a lucky river for you." Richard said running his hands through his hair.

Kikata shrugged, "Now that I get your silly game my natural prowess as a competitor will simply overwhelm you."

"Natural prowess huh?" Richard smirked, though he was rather impressed with her vocabulary. "So here's a new question for you." He began as he sat back on top of the playing cards, "How many years did you spend learning english?"

"Years? Well I hardly devoted years to it. I learned english much the same way I learned the other fifteen or so languages. I studied the language softwares and then I would watch movies to further my understanding."

"That easy huh?"

"Well. I wouldn't call it easy but with the help of the software you can learn languages rather quickly if you put the effort into it."

Richard chuckled, "Maybe one day I'll give it a try."

"You should. A little culture wouldn't kill you."

"Hey! I'm a pretty cultured fellow." Richard said, straightening his poster and rubbing his knuckles against his shirt.

Kikata laughed, "Oh sure, sure." She leaned back in her chair, her brow lowering as a low, musical beeping sounded, "Someones calling me." She said rising to her feet. He took Richard in hand and climbed up into her pilots seat, she gasped, "Fisc!" She sang out as she answered the call.

Fisc's image appeared on the screen, "Hey there guys." His voice called out.

"Hello! Why do you call? Miss us that badly?"

"You know it. Hey I'm sorry about Runo."

Kikata winced slightly, "Yeah...we'll see. He's sent me a few lengthy emails apologizing, but, I don't know."

"Well, how ever you feel."

"Kikata?" An oddly familiar voice called from behind them.

Suddenly a face popped up over Fisc's shoulder, "Oh my god! Prila!?" Kikata nearly screamed, "What are you doing there!?"

"Oh right. That's why I called, well partly." Fisc said, leaning over so Prila could fit more on screen.

"Kikata, You're never going to guess what happened just a day after you left!"

~ ~ ~ ~

The day after they left...

Prila sat behind her desk, idly sorting through documents on the computer. Her eyes flicked towards the entrance as the doors slid apart. Two armored guards entered, positioning themselves on either side of the door. She sat up straighter, wondering what was going on. All of the military personal had left early that morning.

Suddenly a third figure emerged. The general walked up the steps, entering the lobby with his hands folded behind his back.

Prila rose to her feet, rising her hand in a salute, "Sir!"

"Prila Tchan?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Oh good, I arrived just on time. You are dismissed from your post, please come with me."

"O-Okay." She stammered, collecting her small bag of belongings before following the general towards the doorway. She walked just behind him quietly as they made their way down the steps and into the docking bay. A large vessel sat, its engines still humming as the General walked towards the ramp.

"We heard about the work the Guards did here, we were quite impressed."

"Oh...you must be mistaken. I-I'm not a guard I just work the desk." She looked around the brightly lit cabin, walking towards a long table and sitting where the Generals hand pointed her.

"No. I am not mistaken." The general said with a grin, sitting down before her, "Prila. We would like to give you a promotion. We would like you to serve under our command as a Nova Guard."

Prila gasped, "B-But I can't! I want to but I have a hormone condition that inhibits me from leaving the station."

"We know all about your condition Prila. And we have put our best team into developing a stronger antidote. We are ready to give you a year long supply of a new, stronger pill that you only have to take once a month."

Prila nearly wanted to cry, "B-But why now?"

"Well. It is apparent that your skills have gone below our radar. We need quick thinking, hard hitting Guards like you on the force." The general rubbed his chin, "And...there is one more reason."

"Yes?"

"Prila, what I am going to tell you might be hard to take. But I am appalled that this has not been told to you much, much earlier."

"W-What do you mean? What is this about?"

"Your father."

Prila recoiled in shock, "My father?" She repeated in disbelief, "But he was just a scientific researcher. I don't see what-"

"Your condition. Your father passed it onto you."

She cocked her head to the side, "But. It's a female hormone disorder and no one in my family has had anything like it. In fact I have never heard of this condition on anymore before."

"That is because your father contracted the condition during his research. It had no effect on him so we let him continue his work. No one thought that it might be passed from generation to generation."

"Why was this kept secret?" Prila asked, still wrapping her mind around it all.

"Because of the nature of your fathers work I imagine. It was controversial at the time. It dealt with things such as genetic advancement. They wanted to see the bounds of our genes to perhaps build the most perfected versions of ourselves. Stronger, smarter, even larger. They pulled the plug on the research as they continued to come up with dead ends."

"So...my condition is the result of government testing."

"That's right."

Prila nodded, biting her lip as she thought it over, "Well. If you think I can function as a Guard then I accept."

"That is just what I wanted to hear." The general said rising to his feet. "Come with me, let me introduce you to your new partner."

Prila rose to her feet excitedly, following the General out of the ship to where a Guard ship stood in the docking bay. A tall neko stood outside of the ship.

"Prila, this is Fiscious. He has a little experience working as a team so we decided he would be the perfect match."

"Hi." She said weakly, holding out her hand towards him.

"Hello there, you can call me Fisc." Fisc said with a grin, "They've got my ship equipped already, so we can start as early as today."

"That's correct. Fisc will be giving you a run through of basic protocol. But It seems as though you have combat under control."

Prila blushed, "I-I have trained independently."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata smiled widely as Prila told her story, "Oh, Prila that is great!"

"Yes I know! And I've got my own armor and everything!"

"You're just one of us now-"

"No like, my own armor! It's been specially designed for um." Prilia's eyes flickered towards Fisc, "Well you know."

"Uh huh yeah I understand." Kikata said. "But wow, what are the chances you would be put together with our friend?"

Fisc chuckled, "Yes when I heard she had already run into the great Nova Force I was hardly surprised. You guys are really making waves out there."

As Fisc talked Prila mouthed the words, "So cute." To Kikata, grinning as she stood up a little taller on the ladder, hovering her chest above his head as she pressed them together. A small peep escaped Kikata's lips who quickly covered them with her fingers.

"What?" Fisc asked, looking over his shoulder to see Prila leaning on his chair innocently, she shrugged. He shook his head, "Anyway, there is one more reason why I called. Just a little something that the general showed some of the military men stationed at the base while he was there. It is from the events yesterday.

Kikata leaned forward as a video was sent to her display. She recognized the restaurant that she had taken cover in. "This video was taken by the New Order."

"That's right." Fisc's voice called over.

The video showed a shaky view, the prisoners lined by the door and the soliders standing around as if they were waiting for something. The camera looked up towards the sky to see the blue and white of a Guard ship passing over head. Suddenly the soliders pushed the prisoners forward, their hands were not yet bound. They screamed for them to go to cover as they fired into the air. But something seemed strange, the acted as though they were the ones helping the prisoners.

"They were trying to make anti-government propaganda." Fisc said as the video came to a close. "We have collected other similar videos that seemed to be aimed towards the public eye. Lucky for us these events will be released as they happened."

Kikata nodded, "Good thing, huh?" She sighed, "Perhaps its a good sign they are taking such measures. They seem to be desperate."

The video minimized, Fisc's face reappearing on screen, "Yeah. I don't know, these guys gave us a scare but I have a feeling this will blow over. Just be careful, they might get a lucky hit in or two."

Kikata nodded, "Maybe...Hopefully."

"Well, we better head out. We'll be in touch." Fisc said.

"Bye!" Prila called with a wave.

"See you guys around." Kikata said, sighing as the screen went blank. "Well that was all sorts of odd."

"Yeah." Richard laughed. "Do you buy it? Think this will blow over?"

Kikata gently lifted the human from her shoulder, "Everything seems to point towards it...except for that technology..."

"The mind control?"

"Body control but yes. How could an organization advanced enough to put such horrid things to use be so unprepared for a fight. They know what they would be up against."

"You think that it was a bluff?"

"How do you mean?"

"Let's say its a card game." Richard said, hopping off her hand once she set it on the table top. "They've already put a few bets in, and we have called them."

"Okay. I follow." Kikata said with a nod.

"Now they know we are confident in our hand... and they want to keep reeling us in because they have a hand they don't think we can beat. They want us to put down our guard, put all of our chips into the pot under the illusion that we have an unbeatable. They essentially put us in a win or die situation."

"That is if they have a hand that could beat us."

Richard nodded, "Either that. Or they're just a bunch of crazy radicals that will be put down within the month."
Chapter 34 by Ginbug
Kikata awoke to an ominous digital tone. It would start out as a high scream before lowering to a deep buzzing sound. It took her a few moments to remember exactly what this signal meant.

"What the hell is that?" She heard Richards small voice call from below her bed.

"It's...It's an enemy ship signal!" She said as she realized what it meant. She jumped from her bed, crouching down to collect Richard before running towards the piolets seat, her bare feet smacking loudly against the plastic floor. She flew up the ladder and nearly dropped Richard by his seat.

Richard rubbed his palms into his eyes in an attempt to wipe away the waking blurred vision. He sank into his seat and squinted down at his screen, "Where is it?"

"About two miles, down and to the left."

"Alright I see it now." Richard said eyeing the red mark across his radar. "What are we going to do?"

"I will give them a chance to surrender." Kikata said, wondering how the ship had been tagged as a hostile vessel. Perhaps it had a pervious run in with a Nova Guard. Her ships computer quickly contacted the vessel. Once a green light displayed that her com was open she spoke, "Attention. This is a Nova Guard ship, your vessel has been flagged for arrest. Turn off your engines and-"

There was a rumble of laughter over the com, "Oh yeah? And what you going to do? Scratch us?" Another rumble of laughter followed.

"I will not hesitate to engage your ship. I am giving you thirty seconds to-"

"How about this, babe, turn your ship around. Forget you saw us. I'll give you thirty seconds before coming over there and turning that pretty face of yours to dust."

Kikata snarled as the com turned off, "Alright, you want a fight?" She muttered. She felt fear in her stomach but she knew she could hold her own.

"I'm guessing that the chat didn't go so hot?" Richard called back.

"No. We're going to engage them." She stated, hardly believing the words as they flowed off her tongue.

"Oh." Richard said, taking his dual joysticks in his hands, "So, want me to disconnect my controls from the steering?"

"And set them to weapons yes."

"Roger that." He said, scrolling through his display. He connected his controls to the weapons functions. He eyed over his weapons, "Um. You're going to have to give me a bit of a walkthrough here, I can aim but I'm not familiar with these weapons."

"We are looking to dissemble the craft in as non-fatal of a way as possible. Your main trigger there is small rounds, use that and aim it towards engines. If we can decimate their defenses we can punch them with a EMP. But do not launch that EMP unless we are ready for it, it can backfire easily."

"Alright. I'll just stay away-" A yellow streak zipped by their window.

"Here we go!" Kikata yelled, pulling back her her controls and driving their ship vertically. She watched the display, taking note of the ships location as she eluded their fire. The vastness of space gave the illusion that they were moving slowly, giving an almost un-climatic feel to the dogfight. Kikata maneuvered her ship in a looping motion, giving more power to the engines so that they could work their way behind the enemy ship. Powerful defensive computers worked hard to scramble heat seeking missiles and other guided weaponry.

Richard arched his neck to look up towards the ship which they had circled from above, He jerked backwards as Kikata threw on the back burners so they could make a seemingly impossible ninety degree turn, now facing directly upwards.

"Kill anything that might look like part of the electronics!" Kikata ordered, firing two harpoon like rockets towards the dark colored ship. Had it not been for the vibrant green outline created by their computer it would have been nearly invisible.

"Like I'm shooting at a shadow." Richard responded, pulling his fingers down on the trigger. He watched as a silent stream of burning metal cut through the space, sparks exploding against the ships hull. Space combat was a strange experience. The ships would be weightless, completely under the control of momentum and the power of their engines. The fighting was perfectly silent outside of the ship, the only sound that reached his ears was the sound of the weapons inside of the ship. A loud clattering sounded beneath the floor as he fired off his rounds, a cloud of empty bullet casings floating away from their ship.

"Keep shooting." Kikata ordered, grinning to hear that her computer spikes had landed accurately. As of now their ship was invisible to their radar. "Fire off number three on your panel."

"Alright." Richard said, his wrists straining to keep the ship in the crosshairs that displayed against the window. He selected the third square on the weapons panel, it almost reminded him of some video games he had played, and fired. He watched as two red dots zipped towards the ship, only to suddenly avert from their paths, disappearing into the blackness of space.

"Shit." Kikata muttered, :"Their defense systems are buried deep, we've got them in a bad spot though." She said with a nod. "He just keeps circling but at this rate they are at a loss of hope to get the upper hand." She watched as the ship tried another spiraling manever.

A round green sphere outlined the ship, an unmarked planet. "Fire number four! Now!"

Richard nodded, quickly selecting the display and pulling the trigger, simultaneously Kikata unloaded a fury of missiles, none of which she planned on landing lethally. Like insects the missiles started to scatter in random directions as the enemy ships computers worked furiously to to protect itself. Meanwhile two bright blue rockets ran straight through the red lines and struck the ship accurately.

"Yeah baby!" Richard cried out.

"Good hit! Good hit! Perfect!" Kikata cheered as well. She watched as the outline of the ship grew smaller, falling towards the small green planet.

"Now what?"

Kikata turned the engines to follow the ship, which at the moment was spinning out of control. "I'm not sure. In a combat situation we might finish them off but I cannot bring myself to do that. It looks like they will crashland on that planet, their engines will be offline for an hour at least...they will be impacting in about forty seconds.

They maintained a slight distance as the ship silently spun towards the planet, "Oh no...they are going in too fast." Kikata whispered, "We need to slow their fall."

"How?"

"It's a long shot." Kikata said, "But I am going to try and rope them in." She scrolled through her display, finding her tow rope function. She pushed her ship faster, getting into range before lining up the shot.

"Jesus..." Richard muttered, watching at how fast the ship spun, "Gotta' be rough on their stomach in there."

Kikata nodded, "The least of their worried right now." She fired the towing spike, cursing under her breath as it quickly bounced from the ships hull. "It's going too fast! It wont stick!"

They watched as an orange glow formed around the ship, the bullet pelted shell spewing narrow flames as the atmosphere tore at the ship. Kikata was forced to put on the back burners to slow their decent. She watched with a grimace as the ship spiraled towards the green landscape below.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata and Richard climbed into their armor quickly.

"The air is thin out there." She warned, "You might be okay, I wont be able to leave my suit." She slipped her helmet over her head and knelt down, "You ready?"

Richard nodded, pulling on his helmet before climbing onto her outstretched hand. "As I'll ever be."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata eyed the shattered ship, metal plates smoldered for seemingly miles into the distance. "Hello?" She called, though from the looks of it anyone in the cockpit would have been disintegrated on impact. She reached her hand to her shoulder and took Richard, setting him on the odd ground. It was perfectly flat and green, as if covered by moss. "Look around Richard, see if you can find anything at all."

Richard nodded, "Alright, just watch your step."

"I will." Kikata assured him, her familiar seriousness taking over her attitude. She walked towards the base of the ship, which was jutting out from the exploded earth horizontally. She gripped the loading ramp, the suits added pulling power helping her to pry open the damaged panel.

A cloud of black smoke billowed from the ship, "H-Hello?" She called again, waving her arm to try and bat away the thick cloud. Her eyes fell on the seemingly empty ship. Though as her eyes scanned the walls she saw what looked like black lumps of dirt pressed against the walls. "O-Oh god." She gagged, backing away from the ship. The cockpit window had caved in during the crash, the burning heat of the atmosphere had literally charred all the occupants to the seats and walls.

"Kikata?" Richard asked, watching as she stumbled away from the ship.

"They're all dead." She gasped, falling to her knees, "Oh...god it was..."

Richard shifted uneasily as she tried to gather her thoughts, "We did everything-"

"God dammit!" Kikata screamed in her native tongue. She lifted a slab of debris and hurled it at the ship, "Why did you have to go and get yourselves killed you fucking idiots!" She shrieked. "What is so god damn important that you have to go and kill so many people!"

"We did what we could..." Richard muttered quietly into the radio.

"I just don't understand." She whispered in English, "These people would rather take their lives and our lives into their hands than surrender and face most likely minor military charges. And for what? What great justice are they after?"

They fell silent for a few minutes, Kikata had walked back towards the ship, sitting down on the odd, soft surface.

"So where are we?" Richard asked, kicking his foot against the shallow strands of green vegetation.

"Just a random number." She mumbled.

"This is vegetation, is it not?"

Kikata's hand skimmed across the ground, "I suppose it is."

Richard lifted his helmet off cautiously, taking a breath of the fresh air, "Breathable."

"Oh, that was smart of you."

Richard shrugged as he sat down. Richards brow furrowed as he felt something strange tugging at his finger. He glanced down to his hand and nearly jumped to his feet, "What the hell!" He yelped.

He lifted his hand, the strange creature dangling from his fingers. Its wings fluttered quietly. But something was very strange. It was humanoid in appearance. It's glowing blue eyes looking into Richards. It was about six inches long, with bright green skin. Its hair was a deep purple, but other than its size, wings and colors it was human in appearance.

"Kikata." He called up.

"What?"

"I don't think your going to believe this..."
Chapter 35 by Ginbug
"What is it?" Kikata asked curiously, crawling the short distance to where Richard sat.

"I uh." Richard started, tilting his head as he examined the apparently tiny female creature that pulled herself up onto his palm, "I'm not sure."

Kikata sprawled out on the mossy ground and lowered her head just over Richards shoulder, "What do you mean?" She asked, squinting to try and focus on the colorful thing in his hand.

"It's some sort of creature..."

"Oh. Well that's to be expected I guess."

"No. This is not just any sort of creature Kikata." He said, eyeing the white cloth that hung from the creature like a dress, "It has to be intelligent."

Kikata cautiously slid up her own visor, taking a few short breaths to test the air. Surprisingly the air was not as thin as she had expected. "I can hardly see it. It is just a little green lump in your hand."

"I know." Richard said. The creature seemed to not fear Richard at all. It ran its tiny hands across his metallic glove, a serene smile across its lips. It would turn to him and speak, its voice was high and soft, the language completely alien to him.

"How can you be so sure its intelligent?"

"It's speaking to me. And it's wearing clothes, that's a start." Richard commented.

Kikata bit her lip, "Could you hold it towards me?"

Richard nodded, holding his hand towards Kikata. The small green skinned creature yelped, clinging tightly to his finger has he displayed her before Kikata. It's blue eyes stared back down towards Richard. "It's alright." He whispered, nodding his head towards Kikata, "We won't hurt you."

The creature glanced from Richard and then back to the mountain that was Kikata's curious face. The small creature would be hardly a speck against her cheek, Kikata's massive eyes like a moon to her.

"Oh my gosh." Kikata whispered, "How can this be? It is so tiny!" Her gaze shifted towards Richard, "We have to report this one."

~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile

Prila slept soundly, unaware of the growing pressure on her chest. Before the general had given her year supply of stronger supplements she had retrieved another bottle of her old medication. Not wanting to waste it she decided to use it for the next couple weeks until she ran out. Unfortunately the idea to take her medication before going to sleep slipped her mind in the excitement of the day.

She opened her eyes slightly, preparing to shift her position. She suddenly snapped awake as she looked down, "Oh no." She whined. Her hormones had kicked in, her chest falling over her arms and pinning her to the bed. She bit her lip, trying to ignore the oddly pleasurable waves that it sent through her. Her cheeks burned as she realized she would need help.

"F-Fisc!" She called in a shrill whisper. "Fisc!" She called again a little louder.

Fisc jumped from his sleep on the bunk above her, "W-What? What's going on?" He asked jumping off his bunk. He jumped back as he saw her, her bosom quite literally nearly covering her entire torso, "Holy shit."

"I-It's my condition. Go to my bag and get the large white bottle."

"Sure." He said, eyeing her breasts once more before reaching under the bed, "Which bag?"

"The smaller black one."

He pulled the small black bag and opened it, taking the bottle in hand. He quickly undid the cap and deposited a large pill in his hand. "You need me to uh?" He asked rising to his feet, holding the pill before her.

"Please." She said, parting her lips slightly.

Fisc nodded, gently placing the pill between her lips. He watched as she took the pill into her mouth and swallowed. She closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths.

"You alright?" He asked, trying not to stare at the absolutely impossibly large breasts to his side.

She nodded, though midway through her lips turned to a sharp frown. Her cheeks began to glisten as she sobbed.

"No, hey what's wrong? Don't cry." Fisc pleaded, "Does it hurt? Is there anything I can do?"

"It doesn't hurt..." She said between shaking breaths, "It's just now you know that I-I'm a freak." She sobbed some more.

Fisc sighed, kneeling by the bed and gently running his fingers across her cheek, "Don't say that. I don't think that all. Look they filled me in on the fact you had a condition. I didn't know it did that exactly." His elbow brushed across her bare breast, "Sorry."

"No. I don't mind if you t-touch." She said, her blue eyes locking with his.

Fisc smiled, his finger continuing to stroke her cheek, "You're beautiful Prila." His eyes scanned over her bust which had dwindled slightly in the past minutes, "This can only make you more exotic."

"You mean it?" She whispered.

Fisc nodded, feeling has her hand gripped his. She managed to pull her arm from under her chest. She took it and gently pressed it against the soft skin of her bossom. He leaned forward, slowly pressing his lips against hers. She hummed fondly, tightening her grasp on his hand.

"Is this wrong?" She whispered as he pulled away.

"Probably."

"Do you care?"

Fisc chuckled, "You kidding?"

Prila giggled, watching as he climbed over her, his chest pressing against hers. She moaned lightly as he ran his hand across the wide expanse of flesh.

~ ~ ~ ~

"No survivors?" The general asked, he looked tired.

"None sir." Kikata said, "We tried to slow the ships decent but it was simply spinning too fast."

The general nodded, "You are under no faults. They fired upon you and you had the right to terminate the vessel by any means necessary."

"Yes sir. I just didn't want to cause anymore death..."

"I know Kikata. Your heart is right, but also be aware that death is something that we cannot escape in this conflict. The enemy is driven and willing to die. Sometimes mercy simply will not suffice. Now you said there was something else?"

"Oh, correct sir. If you would please switch your camera to Richards computer, he can show you."

The generals face appeared before Richard. "Guard Bromwell?" He asked.

"Sir. I uh. Hm. Well best I just show you." Richard said before gently placing his hand down next to the green creature that seemed to not want to leave his side. The creature latched onto his hand, allowing him to lift it before the camera.

"That is a...small alien species?" The general asked, leaning forward to examine his own screen.

"It appears so sir. And it seems to be intelligent. It wears clothes, it speaks. I suspect it lives within a sort of tribe of some sorts? It is hard to say."

"I will redirect you to someone else. One moment." The generals face flickered off screen.

Richard was put in contact with the head of the legislature that oversees the acceptance of new species. He was as shocked as the others to see such a small race. Though was not surprised that they had gone unnoticed. The planet Richard and Kikata landed upon had been scanned over a few times with no interesting finds. They decided to let the planet develop on its own. However with Richards discovery they would take much more careful measures with the planet.

"We cannot introduce them just yet. their size will make this very difficult, I will have to contact our human colleagues to do the investigation." The white haired neko continued. "I am quite alarmed at how trusting this creature is of you. You said that it approached you on its own?"

"That's right. And it wont leave my side. It keeps trying to communicate but I obviously can't follow."

"I would say to be careful what you show them...but it would seem that our technology has already quite literally been thrust upon them."

"What should we do?"

"Be friendly. I cannot stress that enough. If they present you with gifts accept them, find things in your ship that you wouldn't mind parting ways with and offer them as a return. We want to emphasize partnership, not some idea that we are superior gods to them. And when we leave, do not take any with you."

"I will keep that in mind."

"Good. Thank you for your cooperation, and congratulations on your discovery."

"You can take the credit if you wish." Richard chuckled, eyeing the beautiful little creature in his hand. "What the hell am I going to do with you?" He muttered to himself, though laughed lightly as the creature tilted its head and said something, almost quizzically.
Chapter 36 by Ginbug
Author's Notes:
This chapter, or "episode" was extremely rushed, and I will return to it later to make it nicer.
Richard followed the small alien curiously as it led him away from the ship. The green landscape seemed to stretch endlessly around them, the planet had no large mountains and hardly had any hills. The only vegetation seemed to be the thin layer of moss like grass that completely covered the ground. The tiny woman glided to the earth, glancing back towards Richard before taking hold of what looked like a very small lever. With apparently a good bit of force she pulled the lever.

The ground suddenly started to morph. A square of earth rose just slightly from the surrounding area, about three feet across. The square started to split down the middle. Soon a dark, square hole sat just before him, the small green creature looking up towards Richard with that same, serine smile.

Then, like a cloud of color the hole was filled with life. What looked like hundreds of the small creatures billowed out of the opening. At first it frightened in, the sheer numbers were overwhelming. But it became apparent that they were all as friendly and open towards him as the first. The small creatures would approach Richard with an alarming amount of trust, wanting to touch his hands or clothes. He was so caught up within the mass of life that he did not see the other clouds breaking from the one that surrounded him, making their way towards their ship and to where Kikata was taking a nap.

~ ~ ~ ~

Inside the ship

Kikata slept soundly, her mind overwhelmed by the days events which were made all the more exhausting by the fact that she had only slept four hours of the past twenty four. She was completely unaware of the curious creatures approaching her.

A group of about fifteen, tiny creatures landed by Kikata's feet. They were astounded by everything they saw. The strange devices in the ship, the odd smooth materials that surrounded them. But mostly the living mountain that lay sprawled out before them. She was a goddess in their virgin eyes. They carefully approached the rough surface of her toes, running their hands across them seeking to touch anything they could. The enormous structures twitched and wiggled, causing a wave of excited whispers to wash over the tiny creatures. They flew from her toes and landed upon her legs. Her body was nothing short of a landscape. They half walked, half flew up the rest of her body, stopping at every intriguing fold in her tightly fitting jump suit, or hovering in awe as she shifted in her sleep.

Her face called out to them. They landed softly upon her cheek, wondering how such a massive creature could exist! Surely she must be a deity, or magical in some way. Their small minds could not even fathom the workings of the ship.

Kikata mumbled something in her sleep, much to the amazement of her unexpected guests. They quickly gathered by her chin, eyeing her lips curiously waiting for her to speak to them again. Her lips parted slightly, a powerful stream of hot air rushing around them. They were caught off guard by the blast, toppling backwards before being drawn back towards her by a much cooler gust of wind.

Kikata's dreams however took a turn for the worst, she sat up, gasping deeply as she awoke.

The sudden movement rendered the small creatures into a state of utter confusion. One moment they were in light, the next they were plunged in blackness. The hot wind had turned to a steady heat, the air was thick and humid. They realized what had happened and started to cry out. Kikata's throat had nearly inhaled them, leaving them squirming upon the back of her tongue, her uvula and her tonsils.

Her brow furrowed, a tickle in the back of her throat. She swallowed, trying to scratch the annoying itch to find that it only escalated. She coughed, and tried to clear her throat, a green line zipping before her face. The tiny particle of dust floated before her eyes, bouncing rapidly before her.

The lucky creature waved its arms and shouted to the goddess, whose giant eyes struggled to focus on him.

Suddenly Kikata heard the faint cries.

"Oh my-" She clamped her hand over her mouth, silencing herself as she realized what she had done. She opened her mouth wide, sticking out her tongue as she tried to aid the tiny specs in their escape. "R-Richard?" She called out, holding her hand before her lips.

Richard turned towards the ship, watching as Kikata carefully stepped out onto the ramp before sitting down, she could see the tiny clouds of color and dared not to enter the tiny creatures domain.

Meanwhile two tiny aliens struggled to escape the clutches of the goddess's throat. The powerful winds would suck them back into the depths when ever they managed to break free, the small tube that lead to her lungs nearly engulfing them before blasting them back onto the back of her tongue. The glistening cavern was larger than most of their underground halls, the depths that faced them would have been a terrifying cave system for them. Kikata herself could easily substitute for their underground city!

"What?" Richard called up to the startled looking Neko who sat with her knees pulled to her chest.

"I-I think I...breathed some in..."

"Oh no." Richard muttered, stepping onto her hand.

"Will you look? I can't tell...they are just so small!"

"Yeah...Yeah I'll look." Richard sighed.

The two aliens cried out as the enormous voice boomed around them. They continued to claw at the back of her tongue, being nearly inhaled with each breath. The saliva was weighing them down, their wings would give way soon to the powerful forces around them. They managed to pull themselves further up the tongue, which stretched ahead of them like a rolling, pink hill. The end of her maw seemed miles into the distance. A figure stood by the literal mouth of the cave.

Richard peered into Kikata's mouth once again, she tilted her head back slightly so some more light would flood in. Sure enough two green specs wiggled on the back of her tongue.

"Well. They are there. Just nod if you need me to-"

Kikata nodded furiously.

"Alright..." He groaned. Richard pulled himself up and over her lip. The sights and sounds were all too familiar to him now. Her shaking breaths pelted him, his skin growing a little damp in the humid environment. Kikata was concentrating hard so her tongue remained rather still, though still twitched under his steps. He maintained a good balance and eventually was able to crawl out towards the back of her tongue.

Two sets of frightened blue eyes looked up to him as he reached forward. He took the small creatures into his hands and quickly made his way back out.

"Is that all? Do you feel anything else in there?" Richard asked.

"It's hard to say." Kikata sighed, "But I think so. God I was so worried I killed them."

"They were hanging right on the edge...surprised they didn't get pulled into your lungs."

"Yes. Well I think we should make our leave soon...with me around there are bound to be more mishaps..."

~ ~ ~ ~

It took a while, but Richard was able to herd the tiny aliens away from the ship. They seemed reluctant to leave his side but he left them a gift of candy that Kikata had been keeping, and eventually they took the hint that he must enter the ship alone.

The Alliance had contacted a team of human scientists to return to that planet within a few months.
Chapter 37 by Ginbug
Richard closed his eyes as he leaned back into his seat. They were on their way to check in on a small moon science station that had been hit by the New Order almost a month ago. It was said that a lot of materials were stolen from the station, Kikata and Richard were just going to make sure everything was going well.

The small moon was made to look like a mere dot against the backdrop of the absolutely massive brown and white gaseous planet that it orbited. The planet and its cluster of moons was a hotbed for scientific activity. It was rich in mysterious ecosystems and resources that intrigued the scientific community. This also made it a prime target for pirates and coincidentally the New Order. The first attack on the station, much like Richard's camp, was shrugged off as a mere pirate attack.

Their ship lowered into the moons atmosphere, revealing the wide expanse of dark greens and browns. "It's another fungi ecosystem." Kikata explained, "Much like the one we answered our first all too."

"I see." Richard said as he looked out into the thick air, everything seemed to hold a dim shade of puke green.

A station soon came into view, it's buildings were all tall and boxlike. Their ship landed just on the outskirts of the station. Kikata decided to simply wear her Nova Guard uniform, walking out of the ship with Richard perched on her shoulder.

"Oh." She said, covering her nose, "This place stinks."

"Yeah." Richard laughed, eyeing the tall, mushroom like plants that towered over much of the surrounding area like trees.

A figure emerged from one of the bland, metal buildings. He stood to about Kikata's chest. He was a Marlek of sorts, his fur a light red and his face was a sort of mix between Feline and some other animal that Richard couldn't quite identify. He was more than likely a mixed race.

"Greetings." The man called, his voice carried a hint of age to it as well as his slightly arched posture.

"Hello." Kikata said with a nod, "I am Kikata, this is my partner Richard." She said holding her hand just below her shoulder.

"Oh. So you are the new team, eh? We have heard of you!"

"Hear that? We're famous!" Richard chuckled, nudging Kikata in the neck.

"I guess so." She muttered. "So." She began, directed towards the Marlek, "Have there been anymore incidents?"

"None regarding pirates no. They seem to have gotten what they wanted." He grumbled, "Let me show you around the station."

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata followed the man through the many buildings, each filled with laboratories. It seemed as if there were nothing else.

"Where do you sleep?" Richard laughed.

"Oh, we have cots up stairs. But let me tell you, no one sleeps much around here. There is simply too much to do."

"How about your defenses?"

"Oh yes. We have installed a new emergency room. And we received a few shipments of weapons, armor those sorts of things. Not that any of us know how to use it. But with the patrols and all the attention we have received I don't really see defense being an issue."

"Well we must be careful these days." Kikata said as they exited the building back into the uncomfortably warm air.

The man noticed Kikata recoil slightly to the stench. "Ah yes. You never quite get accustomed to the smell." He laughed, "You just learn to live with it."

"I would hope." Kikata said, "I think we will take a little walk around the perimeter. Just to make sure everything looks okay."

"Sounds good. Try not to touch the vegetation. The fungus is not always so friendly."

"I'll keep that in mind." She responded.

~ ~ ~ ~

"I guess it's kind of beautiful." Kikata finally said as they made their way along the boarder.

"In a stinky kind of way yeah." Richard commented with a shrug.

Kikata laughed, "Very stinky. I feel so sorry for the people that live here."

"At least they seem to be into it."

"Very true. They enjoy what they do." Kikata stopped as her eyes caught onto some very vibrant colors. She turned, gasping as she saw what looked a very colorful flower. "Well that is out of place!"

"I guess." Richard shrugged, his attention not very drawn to it. But of course where ever Kikata goes he goes.

Kikata approached the flower, admiring it's stunning blue pedals and the bright yellow of its mid section. "It's so pretty." She whispered, "I wonder if they planted it here."

"I don't know but they said not to touch anything so-"

Richard watched as Kikata leaned forward, her hand reaching out to just graze the stem as she went to smell it. Suddenly a puff of yellow dust puffed into her nostrils.

"Shit!" Kikata gagged, backing away from the flower. She sneezed, her body trying to rid itself of the tiny spores. She felt her skin growing warm as she stumbled back towards the camp. Richard yelled something from her shoulder but she could not understand. Everything was suddenly covered by a thick fog. She fell deeper inwards, the sound of her own heartbeat and breathing filling her ears.

Richard screamed as Kikata started to fall, the ground rushing towards him rapidly. Her knees collided with the earth, her torso swaying for just long enough so he could grab hold of her hair. She fell to the ground, sending Richard tumbling twenty yards into the distance. Luckily he was rather unharmed,

Richard jumped to his feet, looking back towards Kikata who lay unconscious on the ground, "Fuck." He muttered. A loud stampede of feet approached from the camp. He nearly had to jump away to keep from being crushed. "Hey!" He shouted.

"S-Sorry." A tall feline looking Marlek apologized, "What happened?"

"I don't know, she got sprayed in the face by some flower."

"Was it blue?"

"Yeah."

"Oh no. We need to get her inside, quickly."

~ ~ ~ ~

Richard stood on the table next to the small cot that Kikata lay upon, "So what's wrong with her?"

The scientist that led them around earlier stepped forward, rubbing his muzzle for a moment, "She is...suffering from a spore induced coma."

"A coma?" Richard asked in disbelief. "Well is there a cure? Can we get those spores out of her?"

"The spores are no longer an issue." He continued, "There is a way to wake her but it could be dangerous."

"Yes?"

"It will involve some rather questionable tactics."

"And what if we don't?"

"She will remain in a coma..."

"Well I don't see any other options." Richard said, looking down upon her slumbering face.

The light red, almost orange furred Marlek nodded, "Okay. Then this is what we have to do..."

The procedure sounded fictional. Someone would have to wire themselves to a computer. This computer is designed to interfere with brain waves, forcing in it's own signals. In a sense the computer can combine two minds together.

"I will do it." Richard said quickly.

"If you fail to wake her so shall you fail to wake. Do you understand?"

"I understand. I owe her one, you could say."

"Okay. We still have a limited understanding about how this actually works. What we do know is that somehow you need to bring her to reality...it will seem like a dream, but you will quite literally be inside of her mind. You will see her secrets, her fears, her troubles. You will learn things about her that she might not even know herself. Normally this sort of device is frowned upon ethically. But in matters like this we have no other choice."

Richard nodded, watching as they wheeled out a computer.

"So. If you do make it out of this. You might never look at your friend the same way again. It is likely that she will not remember the events, so choose what you reveal to her wisely."

"I understand."

"Are you ready?" The scientist asked, holding a few wires before him.

"I think-...Yeah I'm ready." He said confidently. He laid onto his stomach as directed. They connected the wires carefully to the back of his neck.

"You will feel a slight shock. This is normal. I will count to five, and then engage the computer."

"Okay." Richard said, closing his eyes.

"One." Richard clenched his hands, "Two. Three. Four." Richard took one last conscious breath. "Five."

There was a painful shock to Richards neck, and then blackness...
Chapter 38 by Ginbug
Richard looked around, he seemed to be in the midst of a forest. He did not feel small or out of place, he felt as though he belonged there. It took him several minutes, or what felt like minutes, to recall exactly why he was here.

"So this is what Kikata's mind looks like?" He whispered to himself as he pushed his way through the forest foliage. Everything felt real, everything smelled real. His mind had taken this place to be reality. The sound of trickling water filled his ears, he briefly wondered if this meant that he had to go to the bathroom. But then he remembered that this was Kikata's mind, and not his. Everything here was created by her subconscious.

He made his way through a thick wall of brush to find himself before a small stream. He eyed it curiously, the water seemed different for some reason. His gaze drifted down with the current until he saw a small figure sitting on a rock by the waters edge. It was a small girl, her hair black as night.

"Kikata?" Richard called out. Could this be her?

The girl turned, the golden eyes unmistakable. "I came out here to be alone." Her soft voice said before she turned back towards the water.

Richard nodded, stepping towards her and sitting down on the rock next to hers, "And where are we?"

"My parents wouldn't let me walk to Caishie's house alone. So I showed them that I could too."

"This Caishie lives in the woods?"

"I got lost. I thought this would get me there faster."

"Don't you think you should go back?" Richard asked, not sure where he was taking the conversation. He had to somehow get her back to her regular self.

"Then they will be right."

"Well...maybe let me take you there." Richard offered, rising to his feet.

"Okay." Kikata's child voice responded lightly. She too rose to her feet, and to his surprise kept on rising. In a brief second she had grown into a woman. "Richard?"

The forest disappeared in a white flash, suddenly they were on the ship. Richard looked around, it was so strange to see it this way. He stood just a few inches taller than Kikata, who did not seem so startled by his size. There was a loud beeping sounding through the ship, not one that he was familiar with.

"What's going on?" Richard asked.

"EMP strike." Kikata said, turning away from him towards the cockpit.

"The lights are still on."

"Life support will keep us going for about an hour." She called, her voice seemed to echo upon itself, fading away into the distance slowly. "If I can't fix it we'll be dead." The sound of fear was unmistakeable in her voice.

"The forest." Richard continued, "Was that a memory?"

"What are you talking about Richard. We need to fix-"

"This is not happening, Kikata." Richard said, climbing the ladder after her, "Don't you notice anything strange?"

Kikata looked back over her shoulder, "I don't see where you're going with this. Now if I can just get some steering back I might be able to crashland on that moon."

"Kikata look at me. Don't you see anything strange?"

She turned towards him once again, her eyes looking him up and down, "You're wearing a jumpsuit."

"Bigger than that."

The alarm suddenly disappeared. Kikata and Richard found themselves standing in the forest once again.

"When did you get tall?" She asked, her voice carried that same echo.

"It's a dream Kikata."

"Dream?"

"You're dreaming right now. None of this is real."

"Prove it. If you're so smart."

Her wording seemed strange, it reminded him of listening in on someone as they mumbled in their sleep. "Kikata I'm not two hundred feet tall!"

"You are how tall then?"

"I don't know, six foot?"

Kikata leaned her weight to one side, her eyes scanning the ground. "The flower..." She whispered. She turned back to Richard, "The flower. What happened?"

"It put you into a coma."

Kikata stumbled backwards, her eyes now darting from side to side rapidly, "No..."

"I'm sorry. But it's why I'm here."

"So I'm dreaming. Right now?"

"Right."

"And I can't wake up?"

"Well. I am trying to figure out how to wake you up."

Kikata stepped forward, her brow furrowed. She reached forward and placed it on his shoulder before recoiling it quickly.

"Convinced?" Richard asked.

"I don't know." She shook her head, "I feel...I feel myself wanting to wake up but it is as if my eyes have been sewn shut." Her voice had lost the distant echoing tone.

"It's what ever that flower shot at you. We need to somehow bring you back to reality. That is all they told me."

"Who?"

"The scientists. They have me wired to a computer that has sort of thrown me into your mind, I think."

"Well. It's not working. I feel awake. I feel real...why can't I wake up yet?"

"I don't know. And they weren't much help either." He said with a sigh.

"Well shit." Kikata muttered.

"Let's...just talk through it. Tell me about that first dream I came in. The forest, when you were a little girl."

Kikata walked over towards the stream, sitting down on the familiar rock, "It was the first time I went anywhere by myself." She laughed, "Oh it was so silly. I was angry at my parents because they wouldn't let me walk a mile down the road to my friends house. So I snuck out the back door and tried to take a ridiculous short cut through the woods. It's funny I haven't really thought about it until recently."

Richard walked next to Kikata and sat down, "Why do you think that is?"

Kikata snorted, "What? Are you my psychologist now?"

"Sort of."

Kikata laughed again, "Well. I guess it was the first time I legitimately feared for my life. I was out here for hours and hours, until dark almost. I was too afraid to get off the rock so I sat there until sunset."

"And then?"

Kikata shrugged, "I realized that the road was so close so I got up and ran home." She shook her head, "But for those few short hours I had convinced myself I was going to die."

"Scary stuff for a little girl."

"Yeah."

"And you think it has anything to do with that second dream? In the ship."

"That's a recurring nightmare I have." Kikata sighed, "It usually fades when I wake up so I never remember it until the brief moment between waking and sleeping. Funny how I know that."

"I know." Richard chuckled.

"But. If we're talking all mental now. I guess that dream sort of reflects my fear of dying. It's a worst case scenario situation. Main power is out, ship is damaged, no help in sight. We'd last a day or two at most."

"What makes you think there was no help coming?"

"I don't know...just in that dream I feel so hopeless." She sighed, "Just a dream though." She glanced over towards Richard, eyeing him curiously, "When ever I dream of you though, you are never as big as us. You are always small."

"Do you dream of me often?" Richard asked with a grin.

Kikata laughed, "You wish."

Suddenly they found themselves sitting in the wide expanse of her families living room.

"How did that happen?" Richard asked looking around.

"How did what happen?"

"We just went from the woods to here."

Kikata shrugged, "I don't know. I was just thinking..."

A loud series of shouts echoed through the house. Kikata and Richard watched as a thin, black haired girl stormed out of a separate room.

"Kikata you get back here!" The familiar voice of Kikata's mother boomed after her.

"No!" Kikata's adolescent self screamed, "I'm leaving this stupid house for good."

"Oh great." Kikata mumbled, "This was the day I decided to run away because my mother wouldn't let me wear my new jacket around."

"New jacket?" Richard asked as he and Kikata got up to follow her younger self. Before they could even take a few steps they seemed to just appear in her room.

"Yeah. You see I was into this sort of...well...we called it Earth Punk." She laughed, "We would wear camouflaged jackets and wear this silly necklaces."

"Dog tags?"

"Yes! That's what they were called. It went along with that huge Earth film craze. My mother blamed my father for it because he took me to see so many movies. Little did she know how much I begged him to go."

"Quite the rebbel."

"That's what I wanted everyone to think at the time. Runo was probably the most popular boy into the stuff, so I got into it for him."

The scene vanished once again. They found themselves sitting on the beach, down by the water stood a slightly older looking Kikata, a boy standing next to her with long brown hair.

Kikata sighed, "This is another heated moment with my family. I had just told everyone that I was going to Guard training school. My father had known for weeks now. My mom cried...along with Kikap. Runo had come to comfort me. It was tonight that he told me that he loved me, and that he would wait for me."

Richard nodded, collecting a pile of sand in his hand. He had always wondered what it would feel like at this size. As he let the cloud of dust fall from his hand the scene faded once again.

"Woah..." Richard said as tried to avert his gaze from the new dream.

"Like it's nothing you've seen before." Kikata muttered. They stood back in her room, a teenage Kikata standing in front of her mirror, half naked. They could see in the reflection that she was crying, her dark eye liner running down her cheeks. "Oh how embarrassing...I remember this. I came home from classes in tears because I felt inadequate. I don't know why I guess my hormones just started to kick in or something."

"You mean you felt...too flat?"

"Yeah." She rolled her eyes, "Your boobs come in fine you little cry baby."

Suddenly the teenage Kikata whirled around and screamed, "Who are you!"

"I'm you! Look, your breasts are fine. And it's not like Runo cares."

Richard shifted awkwardly, clearing his throat.

"Oh..." The teenage Kikata said looking down at her own chest. She bit her lip, and to both Richards and Kikata's amazement her breasts started to grow!

"This is weird." Kikata whispered, watching as they seemed to just keep going.

"Your brain not mine." Richard laughed.

The teenaged Kikata threw her head back as her chest started to swell to unrealistic proportions. Growing so that they would press against one another as they dropped down her torso. In a matter of seconds they touched down on the floor. They started to push against her bed, sliding it forward with a loud wooden groan. Then her desk slid forward, Kikata and Richard were running out of room.

"Um." was the last phrase Kikata managed to utter before both she and Richard were pressed into the wall by the expanding flesh.There was a loud cracking sound before Richard and Kikata fell a short distance onto a rug floor. "Let's not discuss that." Kikata muttered, rising to her feet.

Richard shrugged, looking around their new surroundings, "Where is this?"

Kikata looked around as well, "You know...I'm not sure. It is vaguely familiar, but at the same time it just feels fictional." She eyed him curiously, "Do you feel different?"

"How so?"

"I mean do you feel like we are, like, somewhere else."

Richard closed his eyes, "It's hard to say. This all feels strange to me."

"Before. I was dreaming. I knew I was dreaming, I could feel it. I don't think I'm dreaming anymore."

"Then what?"

"I feel like I'm actually somewhere. That this is oddly real, but not real."

"I kind of get what you mean." Richard said. They stood in a long hallway. The walls and ceiling were a pale yellow, like old white wall paper. The rug that stretched out on either side of them was bright red with two parallel blue lines running across it. "So where do we go?"
Chapter 39 by Ginbug
Kikata crossed her arms, tapping her fingers lightly on her elbows as she looked down either side of the hallway, "Where should we go?"

Richard shrugged, "It's your head."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "You just can't get enough of getting inside me, huh?"

"Hey. This is the first time I did it willingly." Richard laughed, though he couldn't help being slightly aroused by the way she worded it.

Kikata laughed, "Oh it can't be all so bad!" She said as she nudged his arm, "And I'm pretty sure with Kina you were more than willing to get in there."

"Well that was much different." Richard said, pushing Kikata back lightly. "Now how about we check out some of these rooms?"

Kikata stopped, looking to her side. The thought to enter the doorways that lined the hallway hadn't really crossed her mind. "Can't hurt." She said, curious as to what she might find she quickly flung open a door.

They stepped inside of a wide room, the walls and floor decorated in much the same way. The room was littered with tables and boxes, all holding various books and pictures.

"What is this junk?" Richard wondered aloud.

"Hey! This is the contents of my brain! Don't call it junk!" Kikata laughed, walking over to one of the tables. She lifted up one of the books, "Hey, this is one of my old text books." She flipped through the pages, noting how some of the words were blurred or simply out of place. But certain familiar phrases and definitions were right where they should be.

"Looks like this one is missing some pages." Richard said, thumbing through a separate book.

"Yeah."

"There must be millions of pages in here." Richard muttered looking down the wide expanse of the room.

"Every page I've ever memorized." Kikata muttered quietly. She dropped the book onto the table, "This must be all of the knowledge I've gathered throughout my life."

"Huh." Richard said, setting his book down in trade for a stack of photo's. They were all diagrams and charts. "Makes sense."

Kikata shrugged, "I don't know if anything here will help us. Just random information."

"You sure have crammed a lot of stuff into that brain of yours." Richard said as he followed Kikata to the door.

"Thank you."

~ ~ ~ ~

They traveled from room to room. Each was filled with seemingly random assortments of images or texts that Kikata in some way or another memorized. It was all very literal, and boring. After about ten different rooms they rounded the corner, surprised to see an elevator.

"Shall we?" Richard asked, hitting the call button.

Kikata nodded, following Richard into the elevator. "So, you think you have that many rooms full of memories?"

"I doubt it." Richard laughed, "School was never my thing."

"Is that why you dropped out?"

Richard nodded slowly, "I suppose so."

"Well tell me about it!"

"About what?"

"I don't know. Anything. Here I am showing you around my mind, your seeing everything that I have out there. Tell me why you dropped out of school."

Richard shrugged, "I mean. Theres not much to say. I found it boring."

Kikata eyed the panel, "I only have two floors in my brain."

"Narrows down our options." Richard said, hitting the button labeled "2".

"So. You found it boring? Is that really it?"

"Yeah I guess. Though high school I skimmed through with C's and once I got to college I just didn't see any places for me to fit in."

"Makes sense. Because you're not dull Richard."

"Thanks. I guess."

"No really. You're not all that dumb."

"Only a little." Richard chuckled.

"So you didn't find a place to stay in college. And you joined the Marines, did you feel much more in place there?"

Richard shrugged, "A little. For the first year. I guess I sort of fit in where ever everyone is just kind of, coasting along."

"Yeah. Because I was thinking. Um." Kikata's eyes flickered towards the door as it opened.

"Thinking what?"

Kikata winced, "Eh, I forget, come on let's go."

The second floor was very different from the first. They found themselves in a wide marble hallway, decorative pillars separating all of the wide wooden doorways. Intricate paintings flowed up the stone pillars in fantastic spirals. The floor shone brightly, the speckled designs giving it a very ancient yet stunning appeal.

They walked out into the much more open hall, their steps echoing loudly against the stone floors and walls. "Looks like a museum." Richard commented, he glanced towards Kikata, her cheeks were noticeably red. "You feeling alright?"

"Yes. Fine." She stammered, she felt her forehead, "God I got fidgety all the sudden. Like I'm embarrassed."

"Wonder if we'll see anymore naked pictures down here?" Richard commented with a small smile.

"Richard!" Kikata gasped, smacking him on the shoulder.

"Not of you!" Richard said rubbing his shoulder, "Maybe your sister-" He yelped as Kikata attacked him again. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" He continued to laugh as she chased him into the next room.

The imagery of a museum continued as they looked around the new environment. Small pedestals displayed various objects, and images hung upon the wall all around them.

"Oh my gosh!" Kikata gasped, stepping towards one of the pedestals, "This was my favorite doll!"

Richard chuckled, eyeing the stuffed creature, "So what do you think this stuff is?"

Kikata looked around, "Everything is bringing back so many memories. Fond ones." She said as she walked away from the pedestal. Each frame held either a photo or a short video of random scenes from Kikata's life. They walked past her childhood games and her family vacations. The further they walked the younger the memories.

They left the room and moved across the hall, though Kikata stopped short. "I don't want to go there." She whispered.

Richard halted, "Why?"

"I think...I don't know I just have a gut feeling."

"I can peek inside, see what's there?"

"Alright." Kikata said, bringing her hand to her lips as she began to chew her nails.

Richard nodded, stepping through the door. The room was dark, each memory illuminated ominously from below. He shut the door behind him. He walked past each frame slowly, there was no doubt that this was the room filled with Kikata's fears. He would get a tingling sensation on the back of his neck when ever he stood still. The pictures showed dark forests or burning buildings. He passed some more specific fears, graveyards with family stones and scenes from inside of the ship.

Richard decided that the room would not hold many valuable answers to getting Kikata to wake up so he left.

"What was in there?"

Richard shrugged, "Just stuff. Let's keep moving."

Kikata ran her hands through her hair, "I feel like we've been in here forever."

"Yeah. I'm getting that feeling too." Richard said as they slowly made their way to the next room.

They pushed through the large wooden doors to reveal another room filled with images. Kikata and Richard strolled side by side, stopping before a large square pane.

"What's this?"

Kikata studied the video, like most of the images it seemed to be from her perspective. "This was in intermediate school." She said, recognizing her old friend sitting across from her. Kikata's vision kept shifting from her friend to a girl sitting by a window. "Oh god...I remember this." Kikata said with a wince. "That girl was new to our school. She was awkward, nervous, and perhaps a little overweight."

Richard nodded, it was a familiar story from even back on earth.

"She had no friends. Not a single one." Kikata sighed, "So she ate lunch alone, by the window." Kikata's voice grew higher as she spoke, "And I always wanted to go and talk to her but I was afraid for my reputation. Like a fool...and...and...two years later..." Kikata covered her lips with her hand, "S-She...She killed herself."

Richard hung his head and nodded, not sure what to say. He felt Kikata's hand grip his.

"I-I felt so responsible. If only she had a friend..." Kikata pulled her arm across her eye, "I can't look anymore." She said, half pulling Richard away from the picture. But each picture seemed to bring about another memory of regret or shame.

"Hitting the bottle hard hm?" Richard commented, trying to nudge some spirit back into Kikata. They looked at the inside of a wine glass as the liquid slowly drained away. "What's this? Your first time getting sickly drunk?" He chuckled.

"I'm not sure." Kikata said squinting at the picture.

The glass dropped, revealing an oddly familiar sight. The inside of the private room where Kikata and Richard met the General for dinner.

"Hey is that?"

"I don't know, come on." Kikata said, pulling Richard away from the picture, "Let's get out of here. The last thing I need to do is bury myself in all of my mistakes."

"You're probably right." Richard said as he followed her back outside.

Kikata looked down, noticing that she still clutched Richards hand tightly. "Sorry." She whispered.

"No problem." Richard said, wiping his palm on his pants as she released him.

~ ~ ~ ~

They went from room to room much as they had the previous hall. They looked out over many memories, each invoking a new feeling. From pride and joy to regret and fear. Some rooms would be more vague in their theme. Like the feelings you go through as you wait around in boredom.

They came to a large door, much wider than the previous ones. They pushed their way inside.

"What's this stuff?" Richard asked, like he did when entering most rooms.

Kikata blushed, her emotions suddenly whirling in a confusing storm. The images were all memories with Runo. "This must be my heart..." She whispered. The room was larger than the other rooms. She and Richard walked across the first wall. Everything was here, the first kiss, the day on the beach, everything. Many of the memories brought a smile to her lips.

"Why would he just throw this all away..." She whispered to herself. Richard had chosen to give her a little bit of space. "All of these cycles...all gone to waste."

"Not everyone marry's their first." Ricahrd offered.

"True. But we had made the commitment." She turned the corner as they reached the end of the first wall, "He promised me he would wait. And I believed him." She sighed deeply, her mood growing worse again. "To tell you the truth Richard I started to question it sometime last cycle. He changed when he started to really break into the business world." She shook her head.

"Would you ever forgive him?" Richard asked cautiously.

Kikata stopped, the scene of the bedroom on that final night filling her eyes, "Forgive? Maybe." She looked towards Richard, "But I would never take him back." She looked back towards the image. "That cheating bastard brought that woman right into our bed. As if it makes a difference." She gritted her teeth as she stepped forward gripping the edge of the framed image. She lifted it from the wall and threw it across the room with a loud shriek. "Enjoy your whores!" She spat.

Richard stared at Kikata wide eyed, "Pent up anger much?"

Kikata stared at the broken picture frame, "I guess so." She walked over to the frame and kicked it across the room.

Richard watched as Kikata moved from picture to picture, tearing it from the wall and crashing it upon the floor. She pushed over the pedestals that held gifts and other romantic artifacts. Richard strolled around the room himself, eyeing a row of doorways at the far end of the room. They were all pretty narrow except for one at the end.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata panted heavily as she kicked around the bits of broken glass. She pulled her hair back behind her ears, "Well. I feel better." She sighed. In fact she felt much better. "Richard?" She called, noticing the room was empty. Her eyes fell on the row doorways across the room. She stepped her away around the broken picture frames and came to the first narrow door.

"Richard?" She asked again as she peered inside. Her brow furrowed as her eyes fell on a row of moving images. All including the same actor. She had the biggest crush on him when she was a young girl, and even into her teenage years. She moved onto the next room, it was similar to the first. It was filled with images of an older boy from the town that she often oogled at when ever she saw him. "Oh no..." She muttered to herself as she continued. She rushed to the final door, winder than the rest and froze.

"Quite the collection, huh?" Richard said, eyeing the many images.

Kikata laughed weakly and stepped inside.

"So this is where all the Nova Force memories are kept, eh?"

"Don't play dumb..." Kikata said, blushing deeply still as she eyed the many memories of Richard.

They fell silent for a long few minutes, neither quite sure what to say. Kikata slowly worked her way towards him, her stomach twisted in a knot. She swallowed nervously, "So now you know." She whispered.

"We can trash this room too...if it makes you feel better." Richard said, "I was never fond of looking at myself in pictures anyway-" He felt a warm hand curl around his own.

"I don't want to break these memories..." She continued softly.

Richard gently stroked his thumb along the skin of her hand, "I have one of these rooms too."

"For me?" Kikata asked, turning towards him with a smile.

"No. For me." Richard said, hiding the smile that wanted to crease his lips.

"Oh shut up you!" She said pushing away from him, "And to think it almost got romantic."

"Sorry." Richard said softly, still gripping her hand tightly. She walked back towards him, "But...should we talk about it?"

Kikata lowered her gaze as she thought it over, "Seeing as we might be here for what might be an eternity...yes."

Richard led her back outside of the room, they stepped over the shattered shards of Kikata's memories of Runo and left the room. "So uh. How long?"

"Since I've been collecting those feelings for you?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Well. Since I met you basically. At first it was sort of like, oh my gosh I just rescued a cute little human! And then...well it became more."

Richard laughed, "I found you pretty cute at first...until you started to try and eat me."

"Try?" She asked with a grin.

"Oh right. You did eat me. And now you finally admit that it was indeed eating and not some containing mumbo jumbo."

Kikata laughed, "But it was!" She leaned her head against his shoulder as she clutched his arm, "It's nice to finally get this all out. And I mean in a dream what is the consequence?"

"For you? Nothing I suppose. If we ever do leave here I'm going to be the only one that remembers it."

Kikata paused in her step, "Really?"

"That's what they told me."

"So...let's say we do get out of here. Will you act on this new found knowledge of yours?"

Richard thought his words carefully, it was a big question. "Kikata...I would never do anything if I felt like it might hurt you."

"That's sweet." She giggled.

"And...eventually I'm going to go very far away."

"Yeah..." She whispered. "Maybe in the real world this just isn't meant to be." She tightened her grip on his arm, "But...on the chance that we end up spending an eternity here..." She came to a full stop looking up into Richards eyes, "I can't think of anyone else that I would want to spend that eternity with."

"Well there must be someone."

Kikata shook her head, leaning in a little closer. Her eyes slowly drifted shut, she could feel the warmth of his breath mixing with her own. Their lips pressed against one another in a way that they never could in the real world.

Kikata opened her eyes and looked around, they were back on the ship!

"Should I even ask?" Richard asked as he looked around.

"No." She giggled, leaning in for another long kiss. She pulled her lips away slightly, "I feel okay about this." Her hand reached up beneath her neck. She pulled away the zipper as they continued to kiss, every single repressed feeling rushing into her heart. "I want this to go on forever..."

"It might." Richard responded in a low whisper.

"Better like this than alone...trapped in space with no one to come to you." She shrugged her sleeves off her shoulders and let the top half of her jumpsuit fall behind her. She gripped the zipper on Richards jump suit, the one he had never actually worn, and pulled it down. "Do you promise to never hurt me? If this memory fades from me forever?"

"Never."

"I want you to take me now."

"Are you sure?" Richard asked, "I know how you feel about-"

"This is different." She said, stepping out of her jump suit, "I am realizing how fast I can lose my chance to ever do it at all. I want to take this in the heat of the moment. I don't want to hold myself back anymore."

Richard looked down as Kikata pulled away his jump suit, her perfect figure displayed before him. Their eyes met, their bodies suddenly becoming one. Kikata gasped, her body quivering at this new pleasure that engulfed her. She moaned lightly, closing her eyes as she gently pushed herself against him.

"Kikata?" Richard asked.

"What." She whispered.

"You're growing."

"I'm-" She opened her eyes, looking around herself. Her hands clutched Richards sides tightly as she continued to grow larger and larger. She held him to her stomach as the pleasure continued to spread through her. Her back grazing the roof of the ship. "Oh...Oh!" She moaned. There was a sudden cracking sound.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata gasped. Her eyes shot open, all her memories flooding in and out at the same time. "W-Where am I?"

"She's awake! She's awake!" A white furred Marlek shouted.

"I'm...what?" She turned her head down towards a small table where Richard was just pushing himself to his knees.

Richard turned towards Kikata and smiled, "Hey." He said, all of the memories still fresh in his mind.

"You were in a coma brought on by fungal spores. We had to hook Richard to a computer, it was a big risk but it worked!"

"Risk?" Kikata said, she eyed Richard curiously. Something felt different about him, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She shook her head, "How long have I been out?"

"Um. About three hours now."

"Three hours?" Richard asked in disbelief. "I felt like that took weeks!"

"Yes, your mind treats time differently when in the subconscious."

"Subconscious? Richard what happened?"

Richard went to speak but held himself back. Suddenly he realized what a great responsibility he held. If he told her everything she might not believe him. And if she did what would they do? It was a false hope that he might stay with her forever, someday he had to go home..."N-Nothing. I hardly remember myself." Richard said shaking his head, "It was all weird."

"Oh..." Kikata responded. "Well be better get going then, we were only meant to stop here for two hours at most." She held her hand for Richard, "Thank you, I guess."

"Don't mention it. I owned you one."

The Marlek nodded, "Yes. If he had not volunteered it is a question of whether you ever would have woken up. And if he failed he too would have succumbed to the deathly coma."

"Wow." Kikata gasped, eying Richard for a moment longer, "I guess that makes us even then?"
Chapter 40 by Ginbug

Richard watched Kikata's feet move around the floor from his little area beneath her bed. The past couple days have been strange for him. When he had entered Kikata's mind it felt as though he had spent weeks in there, sifting through her knowledge and leaning all of her past life. And then he found perfection. The room in Kikata's heart had opened their eyes to one another, he embraced someone with a love that he had never felt before. And in the heat of that moment, knowing that it was all just a dream, they followed though with their emotions. 

But Kikata doesn't know. She is curious as to what happened but Richard insists that it has turned to a blur in his memory. All of the events in her subconscious that might have made sense at the time were now too confusing to comprehend. But he wanted to tell her. He wanted to feel that love again. Richard had made a promise, however, that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Their love just did not seem to be meant to be in the real world. 

He waited until she sat down at the table before leaving his small area and climbing onto the elevator platform. 

Kikata smiled as Richard stepped onto the table, "Morning." 

Richard nodded towards her, "Hey." He slumped down onto the table, propping his weight up with his arms.

Kikata took a small bite from her breakfast bar, eyeing him curiously as she chewed. Something had changed between them. She could feel it in her chest when ever she saw him. He also acted differently towards her, he was more thoughtful when he went to speak and would seem uncomfortable at times. 

Richard shifted under her stare, "What?" He finally asked.

"Nothing." Kikata said with a smile. She took another petite bite of her breakfast, her eyes shifting away from him finally.

Richard laid completely onto his back, letting out a long drawn out sigh. The words to reveal the truth to Kikata were always rising in his chest, but he continued to regretfully push them away. "Any other planned stops?" He finally asked.

Kikata shook her head, "Nothing until about two weeks from now where we will make a quick supply stop." Her eyes fell back onto him, "So...you really can't just describe what the inside of my mind looked like? Even if it doesn't make sense?"

Richard sighed, "I don't know...it was just like a dream. What ever you were thinking just surrounded us. Until-" He cut himself off, not wanting to look as though he remembered more than he acknowledged. 

"Until what?" Kikata asked, leaning forward on her elbows, "You're not telling me something Richard I know it. Please, just tell me."

Richard sat back up, Kikata's golden eyes burrowing into his soul, "It was just..." He started, he ran his hands through his hair, "Alright. So it was like this..." He went on to explain the first few dream sequences. He figured there was no harm there.

Kikata nodded, her cheeks warming up slightly to hear so much of her life being spilled out by someone who clearly wasn't there. "So. My breasts grew and what? Pushed us back into the real world?"

"Well. No that was just the beginning. It took us to this place that was like your mind put into physical form. It was like a library or a museum."

"And what did it hold?"

"Just about everything." Richard chuckled. 

"More embarrassing memories?"

"A few."

Kikata nodded, perhaps this was the new connection they shared. Richard simply knew everything about her now. "So how did you get me out?"

"I don't know. We kind of just walked around looking at everything and then you woke up?"

"Richard...You are a terrible liar now just tell me."

"Is it all that important to you? I mean it is just a dream-"

"Yes! It is important! Look. I am glad you did it, I am happy that you saved me. I'm not angry at your or anything, so I don't see why you would keep a secret from me. When I woke up I felt different. About everything. I felt happy, which you probably already know that the past few weeks have not been very good for me. But suddenly, as if by magic, all of my problems didn't seem to matter anymore! I mean Runo is just nothing anymore."

"Well...you sort of trashed his room." Richard offered. 

"His room?"

Richard knew he was teetering on the edge of something problematic here. "You see, we found this room that must have been all of the emotions built up with him. And then you sort of just started breaking all of the pictures. I think you just needed to let all of your emotions out."

Kikata sat back in her chair, "I wish I remembered that." Kikata eyed him again, "So, you were just nervous to tell me that you know all of this stuff?"

"I guess so." Richard said with a shrug.

"Alright. But I was also wondering-" She was interrupted by a loud beeping noise.

Richard jumped onto her hand as it landed next to him, swiftly escorting him to his seat. They seemed to forget about their conversation completely as they fell back into the motions. "Alright, what do we got?" Richard asked.

"It's coming from another Hybrid City." Kikata said.

Richard nodded, knowing this was more than likely another attack. "Hey, just like last time, piece of cake right?"

"Yes. Hopefully-" She was cut off again as a voice broke through their radio.

"Attention all Guards." It began, "Every able ship needs to report to planet seven two four, eight nine five six..." The Message continued and repeated multiple times over, with no real explanation as to what the situation really was. Kikata quickly set the coordinates and set the jump, it was relatively close. 

Within minutes their ship arrived before a large green and blue planet. It was the perfect model for terraforming, a massive Hybrid city was the newest feature to the three hundred year old planet. It also served as the most remote planet so far to have a substancial human population. 

Hundreds of blue and white ships descended into the atmosphere, the radio was buzzing with chatter as they approached the city. Words like chemical warfare, monsters, dead city, were hot off the tongues of the nervous Guards. Even the Knights had been called in to...sweep...the streets. 

A blue diamond appeared on Kikata's hud, marking the area where she had to land...

Chapter 41 by Ginbug
Author's Notes:

Warning: Extreme violence in the following chapter.

 

Their ship touched down on a wide landing pad that stood atop a tall sky scraper. Below they could see a mass of frightened civilians waiting for their transport.

"What the hell is going on..." Kikata muttered, taking Richard into her hands before jumping back down into the living quarters. They climbed into their armor in record time, Kikata opened the landing door, unveiling the flood of frightened civilians outside of the ship. 

"Jesus." Richard muttered as he looked down upon the waves making their way up the loading ramp of the ship. They were mostly smaller races, meaning that they could take more in. "What's going on?" Richard called through the radio.

"They...They are saying that the New Order dropped gaseous bombs on the city, within minutes they said the effects started to take hold. You don't think this is the same stuff we saw in that station?"

"I wish I could say no." Richard said. Everything seemed so oddly familiar.

"They are saying that the lower floors have been blocked off by the emergency shut down, they say there could be more survivors down there-"

"I'll go. I think you should hang back." Richard said suddenly.

"Just you?"

"Someone needs to stay with the ship and those that are already here. This is a hybrid city right? I can get down there and take a look."

"If this is the same weapon that we saw-"

"Then I know how to handle it." Richard insisted. The memory of that nightmare rising in his mind, what if it was a warning? Everything seemed to be in place. Kikata set him down by his box of weaponry.

She sat back on her knees, turning towards the massing crowd within her ship. There was only one neko among them, who she had directed to sit on her bed. There were three Marleks that stood about seventy five feet tall, and then about thirty small aliens that ranged from fifteen to thirty feet in height. Below them was a small crowd of humans, about twenty in total. 

"Everyone needs to go underneath of here." She called out again, placing her hand on top of the bed, "Sort yourselves out by size, my partner is going to sweep the building for survivors." Her eyes trailed back towards the box as Richard selected his equipment. What had gotten into him? Who was he to insist that she stay behind? Was he worried for her? Did he feel some new urge to protect her? Had she not agreed that someone would need to watch the ship she would have denied him this. 

Richard hoisted a canon from the wall, it was a stubby yet powerful weapon. It fired explosive rounds semiautomatically, perfect for clearing out a horde if he had to. He knew that one shot wasn't going to do it, dismemberment was his best chance of survival. He slung the weapon over his shoulder, preparing to leave. He stopped before the door, looking back over his shoulder, "May as well." He mumbled walking back towards a sleek machine gun. He inserted the clips into the designated leg holsters and then made his way back into the ship.

"Two guns?" Kikata asked as she knelt back down before him.

"Can't be too prepared."

Kikata shook her head, "There is an emergency elevator shaft that runs down from the roof. Do you know how to bring up the floor plan?"

"Yeah I got it."

"It seems as though every floor beneath the forty third has been blocked off, if there is anyone left behind they are down there. If there is anything, anything that comes up, you tell me. Alright?"

"Of course." Richard said climbing onto her hand.

"I don't like this one bit. It is against my better judgement to let you go down on your own."

"I just got a gut feeling."

Kikata sighed, leaning down next to the small box that was the elevator shaft, "Just be careful Richard."

Richard nodded before hopping off her hand, "You too. If I get into something...something that is too much for either of us to handle. I want you to take off without me."

"Richard-"

"I'm serious. If anyone is going to go down it's going to be me."

"Just keep yourself out of trouble. And once this is over we need to talk."

"Talk?" Richard grumbled as he entered the elevator shaft.

"Don't worry about it now." She said softly, "Just do your job and come back."

"With more I hope. See you soon."

"Yeah." 

Richard nodded, pressing the button that would take him to the forty second floor. Kikata's figure disappeared behind the metallic wall, the bright sunlight giving way to a florissant white light. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

There was an eerie silence as the elevator slowly descended, Richard's gripped the machine gun tightly wishing that the trip wasn't so damn ominous. There would be an occasional booming that would send trembles up the narrow elevator shaft, he wondered if these were explosions from the outside. His eyes were glued to the passing digital numbers above his head, 45, 44, 43, 42. The elevator came to a stop. 

The doors slid open slowly, revealing a barren white hallway. "Alright, I'm on the forty second floor." He called into the radio. 

"The chatter on the radio is confirming what we thought." Kikata warned, "So keep your eye on your exits."

"Yeah." Richard said, scrolling through the three dimensional blue print of the building. There was another large rumble, then blackness. "Shit."

"What?"

"Powers out."

"Oh no. Richard I don't like this."

"Yeah well, me neither." Richard said, turning on his head lamp.

"Just be quick alright?"

"I'm moving as quick as my little legs will carry me." Richard said, trying to keep his spirits somewhat alive. He reminded himself that there could be lives at stake. 

He made his way down the hallway, carefully opening doors as he went, his machine gun held steadily before him. He couldn't help but feel an odd sense of deja vu as he crept through the dark hallways, but at least this time he knew what he could be up against. He rounded a corner, something shone brightly under the bright LED light of his lamp. His brow furrowed as he approached it, "Oh shit..." He whispered.

A red streak was smeared across the floor, disappearing into a room to his right. He readjusted his grip on his rifle as he peered into the room from outside. A light thudding noise echoed from his left, he turned back down the hall. His eyes fell on a slender figure, a colorful dress hanging from the girls shoulders. She was young, far too young. 

"Hello?" He called, his weapon facing downwards but at the ready. 

The look across her face was unsettling, a look of unbearable fear. Her eyes were held wide, her neck arched backwards slightly. Then her mouth opened, baring her reddened teeth. A loud screeching cry filled the quiet hallway. It was a familiar call.

Richard lifted his rifle, lowering himself to one knee as he took aim. Against every instinct he opened fired, the small girls golden hair flowing around her head as the bullets found their mark. Red spattered against the floors and wall around her, her body falling to the floor. Richard stood up, watching as the small figure crawled back to her feet. More figures appeared behind her, the same horrified stares frozen upon their faces. 

Richard aimed low, scattering a wave of bullets into the charging legs. The hollow point bullets made good work of tearing flesh and breaking bones, but the small group of creatures turned into a hallway filling mob. 

"What's going on?!" Kikata shrieked into the radio.

"Can't talk. Coming back." Richard said, trying to sound calm. He turned and ran, hanging the machine gun back over his shoulder. He took hold of the stocky cannon, flicking the safety off. His light danced upon the dark hallway as his feet pounded against the floor. The screams and stampeding feet blared throughout the hallway. He skidded into the elevator, his finger mashing the close door button feverishly.

"Fucking idiot!" He moaned, realizing that the elevator wasn't going to work. He aimed the canon out the door, firing three highly explosive rounds into the charging horde. The explosions scattered the bodies across the smooth white hallways, a red stream washing down the floor. The constant, droning cries gave way to gargled gasps and moans as the tattered and torn creatures crawled towards Richard in any way they could. 

He grimaced as he stepped over the bodies, their fingers gripping at his leg plates though did not really threaten to touch his skin.

"I'm heading for the stairway." Richard said as he made his way back down the hall.

"What happened?" Kikata asked through the radio.

"It's best I don't describe it." Richard continued, the sounds of the guttural cries from behind him drowned away as he rounded the corner in the hallway.

"Well the main stairways are still cut off, there should be an emergency ladder somewhere."

"Yeah I can see it on my map." Richard said eyeing the red line that ran vertically to the top floor. He minimized the hud as he made his way deeper into the building. Finally his eyes fell on a thick metal door labeled, "Lock out". "This is it." He whispered. He gripped the handle and grunted as he forced the door to slide open.

His blood ran cold as a sea of red orbs stared back towards him. Like a hurricane wind the roars blasted out into the hallway. Richard reacted quickly, hoisting the stocky canon infront of him and unleashing an explosive barrage into the dark room. He watched as the yellow and white flashes exploded in the sea of bodies, smoke, blood and debris billowing form the narrow doorway. He thought he was safe after six or seven rounds so he went inside, desperate to find the ladder.

A massive weight crashed into his side, a horrid cry screaming directly into his ear. Richard screamed, whirling around and throwing the creature off of himself. He lifted the machine gun with his free hand and fired upon the sprawling body on the floor. His eyes rose to see yet another horde charging towards him from the far end of the room. He took both weapons and fired as accurately as he could. An explosive round struck the far wall, light billowing in from the gaping hole. Richard ran towards it, elbowing and kicking his way over the mangled but still clawing bodies. He felt the hands gripping his arms and shoulders but managed to dive into the hole.

He was caught off guard as he was met with empty space. "Shit!" He screamed as his arms flailed as he fell. His suit picked up the dangerous fall and quickly engaged the jet pack, slowing his fall enough to allow him to survive the fall. He rolled to a stop, gasping for breath.

"Richard!" Kikata screamed into the radio, she had been yelling at him as soon as the uproar started again, he was only just hearing her now.

"I'm safe." He said, looking around at the wide open hallway. He had broken out of the human section and into the larger, neko sized hallways. 

"I'm coming for you."

"No, Kikata stay up there-" Richard heard the massive booms of footsteps rushing towards him. There was a loud scream, though not like the screams of the beasts. He turned to see a neko woman rushing around the corner, fear stricken in her eyes. He was forced to dive out of the way as her feet crashed into the floor before him. Another figure rounded the corner, a dark furred Marlek that stood nearly as tall as the Neko bounded after her. 

"Oh no..." Richard mumbled. He lifted the canon and fired a steady stream of rounds toward the monstrous creature but they did not slow its pace. The woman cried out in agony as the Marlek took hold of her shoulder. Richard rushed forward, but could do nothing to aid the screaming woman as the Marlek bit down on her throat. Her agonizing cries dulled to a gurgling shriek as blood began to spew from her flesh. Her legs and arms kicked for a few more moments before finally falling limp, a sea of blood spreading from the wound in her neck.

"Richard?" Kikata's voice called quietly. 

"I-I'm fine." He said. "I'm down in the neko halls now, is there anyway for me to get up?"

"I am going to come down there now. Just sit still."

Richard watched as the Marlek rose to its feet, the body on the floor beginning to twitch and sputter gasping moans. The titanic creature turned towards Richard, to his dismay its red eyes instantly locked to him. "Oh..." He grumbled, backing away. He lifted the stocky canon to his shoulder, though when he pulled the trigger he only got a dull click. "Fuck!" 

He turned and ran, casting the empty canon aside. But a shadow enveloped him quickly, before he could react a dark mass crashed upon him. He screamed as he felt himself rise into the air. When light finally flooded back into his eyes he only saw a dark cave opening before him. Red and white teeth surrounded a bloodstained maw. Thick saliva dripped from the creatures teeth and down onto its quivering tongue. It's brutish hands released him.

"Command-" Richard tried to engage his jet pack but he was caught halfway as the Marlek snapped its jaws shut. Richard let out another scream as he was encased in the maw, his legs still kicking from between the massive teeth. His light illuminated the ghastly cavern. The marlek threw its head back, opening its maw to let Richard rise and fall back onto its tongue. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" Richard cried, watching as the flexing throat grew closer. 

"Richard! What is happening! I am coming hold on!" Kikata's frightened voice called into the radio. 

"I-I." Richard screamed again as the maw opened enough to fling him backwards. He collided with the muscles of the throat, his legs and arms suddenly pinned together. "Oh no." He groaned, realizing that it was over. The beast had devoured him and this time had no intentions of letting him out. 

"I'm coming! Please just hang on!" 

Richard pushed against the tight walls that forced him deeper and deeper into the monsters gut. His head lamp illuminating the flesh before his eyes. "N-No Kikata...just....just go..."

"What? Richard no! I'm not leaving you here! If you are still breathing...e-even if not. I will not leave you! Just please hang in there I'm coming!" 

"It's too late." Richard said, his moral defeated, "Don't get yourself in this too..." Richard felt as his shouldered pushed into a more open space. With a disgusting gurgle and a wet splash he plummeted into the monsters stomach. He pushed against the wall, gaining some footing before looking around, "You've got to be kidding me..." 

His eyes fell on a mob, all staring back at him. Their bodies were torn and mutilated but as long as they could move they would come for him. The stomach cavity filled with screams as they crawled towards him. He lifted the machine gun, screaming as he unleashed a storm of bullets into the oncoming mob. Their once human figured fell apart quickly, their skin already showing signs of the stomachs attacks on their dead flesh. One of the crippled creatures gripped his legs, he fell backwards. He thrust his heavy boots downwards, kicking away the scratching arms. 

Kikata forced another emergency door open, panting heavily as she made her way down a third flight of steps. The dot on her map displaying Richards location was moving quickly, much faster than Richard could move himself. 

Richard groaned, pulling himself against the stomach wall, his eyes unable to pry themselves from the gruesomeness of the scene. Human body parts lay everywhere, the redness of the blood mixing in with all the other fluids and flesh. Even larger body parts slipped their way into the intestine, a large hand slowly disappearing into yet another fleshy tube. 

"Fuck!" He screamed in dismay, firing his weapon into the wall next to him. His brow furrowed as the flesh tore apart. He slipped over towards the bleeding wound, pushing his hand inside of it. "Ugh." He groaned, but this could be his only hope. He pulled away from the wound, lining up his shot.

Kikata froze as she entered the hallway, her eyes falling on a female figure, limping slowly towards her, "A-Are you okay?" She asked.

The woman lifted her head, her teeth baring and blood soaking her chest. She let out a scream and her pace quickened as she charged towards Kikata.

Kikata cringed as she lifted her weapon, pumping a single round into the woman's already blood soaked torso. Her body fell backwards, yet still kicked violently. Kikata fired off three more rounds, tearing the woman's spine and forcing her body to go limp. Her gaze rose towards a dark furred marlek charging towards her, Richard's signal approaching her quickly. "No..." Kikata gasped before raising her weapon. Before she could pump out her rounds the Marlek pounced upon her.  Her canon scraped across the floor as Kikata fought with the creatures hands, desperately trying to keep them away from the joints in her armor. 

Richard was near ready to hurl as he forced himself inside of the gaping wound. He was unsure of what he was looking at as he crawled away from the stomach cavity, and into the mess of organs and blood. He lifted his weapon over his head, trying to clear a path in front of him.

Kikata pushed her knees upwards, groaning as she shrugged away from the gnashing teeth. She heard the strange sound of metal pings bouncing off of her stomach. She glanced down, watching with an arched brow as a stream of yellow rounds bursted from the creatures stomach. What followed nearly caused her to heave. A figure clawed its way from beneath the fur, blood spewing onto her armor as the creature seemed to pay no mind to the horrid display. 

Richard's arm broke free, his body soon following as he clawed his way forward. He fell, surprised to see a Nova Guard below him.

"Richard?" Kikata gasped, still struggling with the creatures powerful arms.

Before he could respond there was a sudden and violent explosion. A cloud of blood, fur, and flesh exploded into the air, the Marleks head disappearing into nothingness. It's body sprawled aimlessly, but Kikata managed to push it from her chest. She grabbed Richard into her hands, "A-Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." Richard groaned.

"Oh man you guys are lucky we showed up!" A new voice called into the radio.

"Who are you?" Kikata said rising to her feet.

"Right over head babe. U.N.S.S at your service."

"Special Services?" Richard said, "Here?"

"Correct sir. And I assume that you are Private Bromwell?" The voice from above called. 

"That's right."

"I would suggest you two return top side as soon as possible. This city is a waste, all known survivors have been picked up."

"Alright. Thank you." Kikata said, making her way back to the stairs, still unsure where the shot had actually come from.

"All in a days work Ma'am."

 

Chapter 42 by Ginbug

Kikata carried Richard back up the stairway towards the ship. She retracted her visor, her face instantly cringing, "Oh god...what is that smell!" She gasped, covering her nose with her free hand.

Richard looked down to his still dripping armor, "What do you think?" He grunted.

She shook her head, "That was horrible." The violence of it all was just really start to set in, "And to think...just hours ago all of those people were still living normal lives." Her eyes narrowed as she stepped out into the daylight once again. The sky was filled with ships, all taking refugees to a near by base in the solar system. 

"You're going to want to head out quickly." The voice crackled through the radio again. "They are going to level the city."

"What??" Kikata questioned, "Level the city?! But what if there are still survivors left over? They can't just destroy it!"

"They also want me to tell you that there will be a special briefing for you."

"Special briefing?" Richard asked with a chuckle. 

Kikata shrugged, walking into the ship carefully watching where she stepped. She made her way into the bathroom, placing Richard down inside of the sink. "Take your armor off, we need to wash away that terrible stench. You should be safe for take off in there."

"Uh, alright." Richard said, pulling off his helmet. He watched Kikata's figure disappear from above him. He let out a sigh, the images from his ordeal flashing in his mind. For the first time he felt sick to his stomach, he felt as if at any moment he might burst into tears. He took his armor off slowly, letting it fall to the rounded plastic sink. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata climbed from the pilots seat and back into the larger area of the ship. She paused in front of the crowd that surrounded their sleeping quarters, "We will be docking in about twenty minutes. From there they will inform you on what to do next. Is everyone okay?"

The crowd responded with low murmors. The single neko on the bed spoke up louder, "When will we get to return?" He asked nervously. 

The words stung, for Kikata knew that by nightfall the city would be completely destroyed, "I don't know." 

The man nodded slowly, leaning back against the wall behind the bed. 

Kikata removed her armor, frowning at the red stains on her breastplate as she pushed it into its case. Once everything was in place she returned to the bathroom. She closed the door behind her before resting her arms on the counter.

Richard looked up into the golden eyes that stared down upon him, "So?"

"We'll be in base in about twenty minutes." She started, she lowered her hand down next to him so she could lift him out of the bowl of the sink. 

"So, we'll drop the people off and then what?"

"Apparently they want us in for debriefing." Kikata shrugged, "Who knows what they want this time." She turned on the water, wincing as she gripped the sticky surface of Richards helmet. "How are you? By the way?"

"Me? Fine. A little emotionally scarred but otherwise unharmed." He ran his hands through his hair, "It's just so god damn fucked up, I can't even comprehend what would drive them to do that."

Kikata nodded in agreement, "Every last one of them deserves a fate worse than death if you ask me."

"And I want to be the one to give it to 'em." Richard added, "I was forced to shoot a child today..."

Kikata paused, looking towards Richard for a moment before returning her attention to cleaning his armor, "I couldn't imagine..." She whispered. 

They stood silently for a few moments before Richard spoke up, "You said you wanted to talk earlier?"

"Yes I did...but if you are not-"

"No let's talk. I need to keep my mind busy." 

"Alright." Kikata started, taking a deep breath, "I cannot help but think that...the reason you have been acting so differently towards me is that you must have discovered...that...there is more to our friendship. In my mind."

Richard rubbed his chin, his fingers pricking along the several day old stubble. "You could say that." He finally said.

Kikata nodded, "So?"

"So what?"

"Would you like to tell me what happened between us?"

Richard pinched the bridge of his nose and shrugged, "Alright. So that Runo room led me to a series of other rooms. They all seemed to be men that you had crushes on."

"Crushes?"

"Well, you know. That you liked."

"Oh." Kikata said, blushing slightly..."And then?"

"We talked about it some. It was a nice dream...but I guess we agreed that it wasn't very realistic in you know...the real world."

"I see." Kikata said softly, "I mean those sorts of feelings come up when you spend so much time with them." She smiled towards him, "Thank you for coming clean."

"What can I say, you figured it out mostly on your own." He laughed, "I guess it changes things, but it's not like we fell in love..."

~ ~  ~ ~

Kikata and Richard watched as the crowd left their ship to join the masses inside of the now bustling station. Once their ship was empty they made their way into the station. They followed the winding hallways until they reached the chambers where the General awaited them. 

Kikata took a moment to pat down her hair and take a deep breath before pushing her way into the room. 

"Sir." She said with a nod, stepping towards a long table, the old general sitting in front of her. Her eyes shifted over his shoulder, Kina stood behind him dressed in a familiar black, tube shaped dress. She forced a smile towards her. Her eyes fell to the table as she saw movement, she was surprised to see a human figure standing by the General's elbow. 

"Kikata, Richard. I would like you to meet General Marcus Carr."

"As in...the Marcus?" Kikata asked as she sat down.

The general laughed, "I suppose so yes. He has quite a bit of fame tied to his name."

The old man stepped forward, reaching out a sturdy arm as Richard was set down before him, "Richard Bromwell?" His gruff voice questioned.

"Yes sir." Richard said, taking the surprisingly powerful hand in his. 

"We have been following your progress back on earth, you are making waves son."

"Thank you sir." Richard said with a nod. 

Marcus looked up towards Kikata, "And this is our mans infamous escort?"

"Yes sir!" Kikata said with a bit too much enthusiasm. She was starstruck beyond reason, the idle of her childhood was standing within arms reach! And talking to her! She nearly trembled with excitement. 

"We had not planned on bringing a vessel out to this region, but recent events led us out here." Marcus continued. "After today's events we have decided to take the stranded humans from the crippled Hybrid City and take them where they need to go, most of them will return to earth unless they have somewhere else to go."

"Which means you have your ride home, Richard." The general added.

"My...ride home?"

"That's right. The people want to see you back home."

Richard glanced over his shoulder towards Kikata, "Oh...It's just so unexpected..." He said trailing off.

"Yes. And not exactly under the circumstances that we would have liked." Marcus added, "But we can at least get some good out of this situation and bring our lost solider home."

"But...shouldn't I stay until this blows over? I mean would it be right for me to up and leave?"

"Kikata is trained to function on her own. And the Guards will be stepping aside mostly for the Knights now as we are upping our efforts to put down this murderous group."

"I'll live." Kikata added quietly, "And they're right. This is what we have been waiting for."

"I suppose." Richard commented, "Who knows when the next transport would be ready anyway."

"A few more months probably." Marcus said, "So you have tonight to say your good byes, gather your things, and what ever else you need to do, we depart tomorrow morning."

"Yes sir."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"I can't believe we really met him!" Kikata said, they were back on the ship sitting at the table as they did nearly every day.

"He's in pretty good shape for being over a hundred." Richard said with a laugh. 

"How old is he exactly?" Kikata asked curiously.

"Beats me. Some say he's immortal."

"I wish I got a picture..." Kikata mumbled.

"Hey maybe tomorrow?" Richard chuckled.

"Yeah." Kikata sighed, "I can't believe that this is our last night."

Richard nodded in agreement, "It's been fun, overall at least."

"Yes. It really has." Kikata said, her eyes brightened, "Oh! I've got just the thing." She jumped out of her seat, rushing to the cabinet. She returned with a tall blue battle, a grin across her lips.

"Oh no." Richard laughed, "This could only lead to trouble."

"Yeah I was saving it for something, but I guess this will have to do." She said as she twisted off the top.

Richard laughed again, watching as she poured some of the blue liquid into the glass, "So...a toast to our strange partnership?"

Richard nodded, "And all the ups and downs."

~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours later...

Kikata snorted, laughing as Richard stood in a small puddle of blue liquid. "Sorry." She finally panted.

"It's...uh...it's alright." Richard mumbled, sloshing out of the fruity smelling drink, "I think we've probably had our fill anyway." 

Kikata eyed the bottle, "Yeah. I suppose you right." She laughed again, "You're! I suppose You're right." She pressed her fingers to her forehead as she continued to giggle.

"Hey, after tonight you won't have to speak english all day anymore!" 

"Yeah. No more taking care of the little human." She cooed, poking at his stomach.

"Hey!" Richard yelped, "Easy there Ms. Drunkard." 

Kikata retracted her hand, though still smiled mischievously. 

"You know, this exact same thing happened with Kina." 

"Oh yeah? And then what did she do?" Kikata asked leaning forward on her elbows, "Lick all the drink away?"

"Actually-"

Kikata scoffed, "You just had to bring that woman up." 

Richard rolled his eyes, watching as Kikata lowered her head before him, resting it on her arm, "I still can't believe this is it."

"Yeah." They shared a long stare, the smile slowly fading from her lips. Richard wondered what thoughts ran through her mind as he stood before that giant golden eye. "You look beautiful..." He said quietly, hardly realizing the words even formed over his drunken tongue. 

Kikata blinked, the smile returning to her lips, "Oh...thank you..." She said softly. She felt an odd, excited rush form in her chest. A new desire to act impulsively growing within her. She lifted her hand behind Richard, suddenly pulling him towards her. 

Richard was shocked to suddenly find himself pressed to Kikata's lips. He enjoyed it, it was exactly what he wanted. But he felt a twinge of guilt rise within him, :K-Kikata, wait."

Kikata pulled away, "Sorry." She whispered.

"No...don't be." He shook his head, "I just don't think we should make tomorrow any harder."

She nodded slowly, "I suppose you're right. I just wanted to follow my emotions for once in my life." She sighed, "I think I need to head to sleep."

Chapter 43 by Ginbug

Richard dropped the heavy bag by his feet as Kikata set him down on the platform that would lead him to the human ship. Fisc and Prila stood by her sides, all coming to say their good byes. 

Kikata knelt down, "Well, this is it I guess." She said softly, "About last night...I don't regret what I did." She smiled warmly as he pressed his hand to her finger which gripped the edge of the platform.

"Me neither." He assured her. They all stood silently for a few moments, Prila and Fisc sharing a glance behind Kikata. "Hey look, it's a small universe, I'm sure one day down the line we will bump into each other again."

"That's the spirit." Fisc said with a grin.

Richard watched as Prila lowered her hand towards him, leaning into her palm as it swept behind him. He wasn't very surprised to see himself lowering towards her chest, "You take care alright?" He heard her voice say from outside of the confines of her hand and her chest.

"You know it." Richard said with a nod, "Though now I won't have a two hundred foot chick watching my back when ever I'm about to do something stupid." 

Kikata laughed, "How you made it this far in your life without me is a mystery." She sighed slightly as Richard was set back onto the platform.

"Alright, well, I guess I better get going. The ship leaves soon."

Kikata nodded, watching as he leant down to pick up his bag, "Oh what the hell." She laughed, quickly snagging his tiny frame and hugging him to her cheek.

"Oh...god you big baby." Richard mumbled as he was pressed against her. 

Though Kikata had to fight off the tears as she released him. She leaned forward, pecking his chest gently with a more friendly kiss, "Alright. You can go now, and don't forget to contact us from time to time like you so often forget to call your mother."

"Will do." Richard said with a nod. He gave one final wave before making his way down the platform, looking back once more before disappearing behind a door. He made his way down the wide hallway until finally pushing into the docking bay. A massive, dark gray ship stood in waiting. Large white letters on the side read, "Infinity". 

"Kikata? You alright?" Prila asked, looking down at her friend who still knelt by the platform. 

Kikata blinked, rising to her feet, "Yeah. I'm fine...still just a little surprised is all." She glanced between Fisc and Prila who were both giving her a sort of strange look, "What?"

"Oh...nothing." Prila said, placing a hand on her shoulder before turning and walking back towards their own ship.

"No! What? What was that look for?"

"I think that look was us saying that we know what happened behind closed doors in Nova Force." Fisc said with a grin.

"What do you mean?" Kikata asked, catching up to Prila as they walked.

Prila giggled, "She still kept the innocence of a virgin though." She winked towards Kikata.

"We did not do that! We only ever kissed once!" Kikata suddenly clamped her hand over her mouth as he revealed a bit of touchy information.

"And what did you do for the rest of the time?" Fisc asked with an even wider grin.

"Nothing! Nothing happened! We were drunk and it was just a friendly kiss, I mean you could hardly even call it a kiss!"

"No need to feel ashamed Kikata, Richard was a handsome man."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Believe what ever you want. Though I'm telling you nothing ever happened between us."

"Fine, fine." Prila said throwing her hands up in the air.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard was struck by an odd sense of culture shock as he walked through the corridors of the Infinity. The ship was one of the first of its kind, and was also one of the largest human based vessels ever built. It was responsible for not only military transports, but civilian as well. 

An older woman guided him to his suite, his apparent celebrity status earned him one of the finer rooms on the ship. "Thanks." He said, dropping his bags and watching as the woman left the room. He sighed, feeling as the ships engines ignited. "Back to life." He whispered quietly to himself. He was unsure how he felt, guilt for one. He felt guilty that he was leaving the conflict before seeing it all the way through. He felt guilty that he might have left his long lost comrades in harms way, if they were indeed taken prisoner. He felt guilty that he left Kikata as their relationship seemed ready to take an unexpected turn.

He sat down on his bed, still getting used to seeing so many things that were created for human use. And he was also not used to having a partner there to talk to. "I need a drink." He told himself, grabbing his room key and headed off towards the bar.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata walked back up the ramp into her ship, she could almost feel a cold spot on her shoulder where Richard normally sat. She wasn't sure what to do with herself, she heard the massive roar of engines as the human ship left the loading bay, "Good bye, Richard..." She whispered to herself before dropping onto her bed. Her eyes scanned around the room idly, her hands tapped away on her knees as she tried to think of something to entertain herself with. The general had given the guards a two day leave while the Knights started to crack down on the New Order threat. 

She rose to her feet and climbed up the ladder towards the cockpit, she brought up the computer display and started to scroll through her messages. She eyed Richards name in her contact list, wondering if he had internet access in his room. She selected his name and opened the message box. She sifted through the keyboard functions until she found the English alphabet.

She typed, "Hey, Richard, just checking in." She frowned, and deleted, "Hey, the ship is so quiet without you! Kind of nice! Just kidd-" She rolled her eyes and deleted again. She sat leaned her head back, "Why is this so hard..." She mumbled to herself. She closed out of all the windows and left the pilots seat. 

She felt tired so she returned to her bed. She slipped beneath the thin sheets and rested her head down on the pillow. Her tired body quickly shutting down her conscious mind and plunging her into sleep. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard sat with his arms folded over the bartop, for the first time in months he was drinking from a glass that didn't seem to resemble a bucket. His eyes stared off into one of the many television screens, his mind being overloaded with news that didn't seem relavent to him anymore. Earth politics, earth celebrities, he had never really cared for these things in the past but now they seemed so...alien

His brow condensed as two familiar faces popped onto the screen. It was his own and Kikata's. He leaned forward, laughing as he read the headline, "Wayward warrior on his way home!"  

"Hey, that's the guy!" A voice shouted from across the bar. 

Richard looked over, a group of four men looked towards him from a booth across the bar. Richard smirked, looking back towards the television where his image had already faded. A few seconds past and suddenly a hand clamped down on Richards shoulder. "I pull your ass out of there and I don't even get a thank you?" An oddly familiar voice asked.

Richard looked over his shoulder towards him, "That was you?"

"Damn right it was me, Mr. Prime time solider. How 'bout a little damn respect?"

"Uh...Thanks? Sorry if I recognized you I would have-"

The man threw his head back and laughed, "Nah, man. I'm just fuckin' with you!" He patted Richard on the back, "The names Nathan."

"So you're U.N.S.S?"

"That's right, so are my boys over there." He said nodding over his shoulder. "Come on, they're dying to hear stories."

Richard nodded, following the bald headed man from the bar and over to one of the booths where three other men awaited him. "Team, I would like you to meet the infamous Wayward Warrior. Otherwise known as Richard." There was a murmur of laughter, "Richard. These are my friends, four." He pointed to the man at the far right side of the table, and swept his hand towards the left, "Three, two, and they may sometimes refer to me as one." 

"What are you? Marcus "zero" Fan club?" Richard asked with a chuckle, taking a sip from the beer he had brought over.

"No sir. We are the real fucking deal my friend." Nathan said, "Each of us were hand picked by the Zero man himself."

"Oh." Richard said, "Hand picked for what?"

"To be the shining example of earths military force when we go in and help clean up that mess you just yourself out of. Barely I might add, why don't you tell these boys exactly what went down before I blew that oversized dog zombies head up?"

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata gazed out over the sea of white eyes, all staring curiously towards her. An almost searing light burned down directly over her head, illuminating her in a vibrant pillar of light, highlighting her every feature. The small, alien woman watched with wonder as she gripped the zipper below her chin. Her eyes shifted down to her hand, where Richard looked up towards her anxiously.  

She smiled down towards him, no sense of worry or embarrassment keeping herself covered. She was perfectly happy to display her body for all to see. She cast her jump suit behind her, pulling it down over her knees after she momentarily placed Richard on the ground before her. She maintained a playful stare upon him, something about all of this felt so familiar. Once she was completely nude, her pale skin shining in the bright light and the large crowd colorful woman had fallen completely silent as they waited for what was to come, she took Richard into her hands and brought him to her face.

"Are you sure about this?" Richard asked, a sincere worry in his voice...he actually cared for her.

She nodded, "I feel okay about this..." She said, her own words seeming to spring a sense of deja vu. 

"Do you promise to never hurt me? If this memory fades from me forever?" She asked in a gentle whisper, her words seemed a bit out of place, but everything they said and felt made her feel so wonderful.

"Never." Richard assured her.

"I want you to take me now."

"Are you sure? I know how you feel about-"

"This is different." She said, gently kissing him upon his bare chest, "I am realizing how fast I can lose my chance to ever do it at all. I want to take this in the heat of the moment. I don't want to hold myself back anymore." With that she slowly lowered him down the long expanse of her body, the crowd gasping in excitement as she gently guided him inside of her. Kikata was overcome by a sense of euphoria, tackling her to her back as she writhed in the beautiful pleasure of their lovemaking. Her mind was filled with happiness and security...nothing could ever bring her down from his high.

"Oh...Richard!" She gasped, "I love you!"

Kikata gasped, suddenly rising from her sleep, her hand tightly clamped between her legs. The dream did not fade, it remained imprinted in her mind. She sat there for a few moments, a wide smile slowly fading from her lips as she realized that he was gone. Was this the dream? Is that what happened while she was unconscious? He had not told her because he promised to never hurt her? She rolled onto her side, gazing out into the ship that she once shared with him, the table where they played so many games and shared their first and only kiss. 

"Oh..god..." She whispered, the tears starting to flow from her eyes as she was overcome with a sense of terrible loss. She rolled to her stomach, burrowing her face into her pillow as she sobbed heavily. Before she knew what they really shared it had been taken away! How she wished at that moment that she never woke from that dream. To wake back into a world where her lovers are torn away by fate or by lost passion. A world where thousands of people are put to death over petty political disagreements! Suddenly she was a lost soul, with no one to come and comfort her in the emptiness of all this space. It seemed as though all of those memories of death and despair hit her with a new vigor, memories that she could handle when she had someone there with her that had gone through it...but now she was alone...like the small girl lost in the woods...

Chapter 44 by Ginbug
Author's Notes:

warning, graphic sexual content contained within.

"You know what? This grunts not half bad!" One of the man laughed after Richard had finished telling them of his ordeals. 

"Yeah, hey thanks...I just sort of wish I could finish the job though. The shit that they put me through you know? And I mean killing all of those people over race..."

"Yeah." Nathan grunted, "Well don't you worry anyone worth dying is going to get whats comin' or worse when me and my boys get to 'em." There was a loud shout of agreement from the three men. 

"You guys are staying out here?" Richard asked.

"That's right. We'll split off sometime tomorrow. That's what we've been sent here for."

Richard laughed, "And I've been sent back to earth to do press conferences." 

Nathan shrugged, "Welp. That is the story of our work my friend. We're just the little chess pieces bein' moved along. We do what we're told, and we do what we have to do." He rose to his feet, "Now I've already about stayed over do here, time to go sharpen up the mind and ready up for battle." He said knocking his fist against his clean shaven head. "Enjoy the trip." He said, patting Richard on the shoulder as he walked by. 

Richard sighed, twirling his large mug around as he watched the four men leave the ships bar. He lifted himself up and walked back over towards the bar, "Yeah, another." He said with a nod, sliding the empty mug over towards the bartender. 

"You are Richard Bromwell, are you not?" A feminine voice asked from behind him.

Richard turned, his eyes falling upon a strikingly attractive woman. She seemed to be of a mixed asian decent, her long dark hair fell off of her head in a silky smooth waterfall. She took the seat next to him, placing down a delicate glass filled with a deep red liquid. She wore a dark black dress that clung pleasantly to her curves, and revealed just enough skin to get the imagination running. Her lips were painted a dark red, almost purple, and her eyes were deeply boarded by dark makeup. Though it gave her a sense of a more classy beauty.

"I am." He responded bluntly, thanking the bartender as he returned his mug, he twirled his finger in the thick head of the beer.

She smiled, "We have all been following you in the news, you must be excited to get home to all your fans?"

He laughed, "Eh." He shrugged, taking a sip of his beer, "To be honest I sort of dread it."

"Is that so?" She asked, sipping on her own drink, "A modest man even after all you have been through? Tell me, are all the stories true?"

"What stories do you know? I wasn't even aware that I was being covered."

"Did you really discover a new planet?"

"Two actually."

"Did you really fight off an army of monsters in an abandoned space station?" She asked again, swaying side to side in her chair, a playful glimmer in her eyes.

"Yeah."

"And you helped to defeat a hostile force in a Hybrid City, did you not? Not to mention the one in the solar system we just left?"

"You could say that." He said with a shrug, "But mostly I was just along for the ride. My partner did most of the work."

"Kitaka?"

"Kikata, but yeah." Richard laughed.

"Oh yes, she was quite the buz herself, all the teenage boys back home are just drooling over neko woman." She laughed, "She was quite beautiful though." She eyed him curiously, "So what was that about?"

"What was what?"

"You and Kikata, I mean surely it must have been as romantic as it sounds. A beautiful woman and a handsome man traveling together in space, alone...just the two of you."

Richard took a drink from his mug, "Tell you the truth, nothing became of it. Out of choice though, we knew there would be nothing permanent there and she is not one to go on a random fling." He shrugged again, "So it was better that we kept it professional." 

The woman giggled, "And how about you?" She asked, tilting her head, "Are you one to go on a random fling?" 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata finally lifted her head from her pillow, her throat throbbing her her eyes still fogged over. She rubbed her palms into her eyes and sighed deeply, "Dammit Kikata." She muttered, "Keep your self together." 

She rose to her feet and walked into the bathroom, splashing water into her face while taking a few more deep breaths. She could still feel the tears ready to burst from her eyes but for now she had herself under control. She decided that she needed to pour this out on someone, and Prila seemed like the perfect target. She made her way out of the ship and back towards the station, Prila and Fisc had snagged themselves a suite because of Prila's past experience working at one of these midway stations. 

She followed a short flight of stairs up and moved her way into a narrow hallway. As she walked she felt as though she was moving in a haze, her body felt heavy and her chest and throat suffered from a deep throbbing pain. She let out another shaky sigh as she approached Prila's room. She took hold of the handle and pushed her way inside, a little surprised to find the door unlocked. 

She pushed the door open and forze, "Oh my god!" She nearly shrieked, what she saw was overwhelming. Prila lay upon a broken bed, it's legs snapped under the enormous weight that stood on top of her chest. Her breasts were absolutely impossibly big! They stood much taller than Kikata, nearly grazing the ceiling. The massive balloons of flesh hung over the edges of the broken bed, Prila's face staring up towards Kikata upside down with an odd nervous smile.

"Oh..." She said, sounding out of breath, "Hi Kikata."

"Oh my god!" She said again, "Do you need help? Where are your pills I will-" She gasped as a familiar face suddenly squeezed between the hills of flesh, "Fisc? What are you....oh....oh my...oh...sorry...I will...come back...later..."

"No! No wait outside, we're done, right Fisc? Just hang on a second." Prila said.

Kikata nodded, awkwardly moving her way back outside and closing the door. She ran her hands through her hair and shook her head, "What the hell was that..." She muttered to herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard followed the bouncy, dark haired woman through the halls. She was nice, and seemed rather intelligent, which is probably why Richard agreed to follow her. His mind had been so caught up inside of his own mind he felt he could use a release...and who knows maybe this woman could be someone. 

He followed her into her room, equally as lavish as his own, equipped with a full wall television screen, king sized bed, kitchen and anything else someone might need for a long journey. 

"So you have one of these rooms too?" She asked, throwing him a smile over her shoulder. 

"Yeah." He said, watching as she made her way over towards her dresser. She reached up towards her ears and removed her dangling ear rings. 

"Have a seat?" She said, nodding towards her bed.

Richard nodded slowly, sitting down on the soft bed, his hands gripping the edges tightly as he watched her. She strolled over towards him, biting her lip as she smiled. She placed her hands against his shoulders and gently guided him further onto the bed. She kneeled down in front of him, sitting her rear down on his lap as she pulled her dress up and over her head. She giggled playfully, as she leaned in for a kiss.

Richard closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of her body against his, the soft curves pressing into his chest. The sweet taste of her lips, but when he opened his eyes he did not see the woman he wanted to see.

"I'm sorry..." He said softly, "I can't do this."

The woman blinked, "W-What?"

"Sorry...It's just..." He started to stand up, the woman sliding to the floor, her cheeks reddened slightly as she fumbled to put her dress back on.

"Did I go to fast? Were you not ready for it?" She asked.

"No...no not at all...any other time in my life I would have jumped for it. You're a very beautiful woman and you seem nice, really...but..I can't give up now."

"What do you mean? Where are you going?" She asked, following him to the door. 

"I'm not sure....but I'm not going back to Earth." He said, "Sorry for leading you on, again, really your a beautiful woman."

"Oh..." He heard her say as he closed the door behind him.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So..." Prila said, stil laying upside down on the bed as she waited for the swelling to go down, "What's up?"

"I'm not sure where to begin..." Kikata said softly, though it was pretty clear from her voice that she was distraught. 

"Alright, let's start simple, how are you feeling?"

"Terrible. Depressed. Hopeless, the list goes on."

"Yeah? And why this sudden despair?" Prila asked, "Is it because of Richard leaving?"

Kikata turned towards Prila's face, a new wave of tears starting to build up, and nodded, "Yes." She whispered. 

Prila frowned, "There really was something there, wasn't there?"

Kikata nodded again, "I didn't realize it until I went to sleep and I had this dream..." She glanced towards Fisc who was standing by the door listening in.

"Alright, alright I get the hint." He said, opening the door and walking out.

Once the door shut she continued, "Remember how I told you about that planet? The one with those colorful women?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I had a dream that we were back there...and this time we really did it...and it was so wonderful and the last thing that I screamed out in the passion of it all was that I loved him. And when I woke up I realized it was true." She wiped her eye with the back of her thumb, "I realized that me and Richard had done something more when I was in that coma...and to protect me he kept it a secret."

"Ouch." Prila whispered.

"And the worst part is I wake up from this perfect dream to find myself in the middle of this killing, and just...terrible things and I have to come back without the man that I love!" She started to sob again.

"Oh...Kikata please don't cry. Come and give me a nice hug...I know it will make you feel better."

Kikata couldn't help but laugh slightly, glancing up towards the still rather monstrous bust, "Alright..." She whispered, rising to her feet and leaning against Prila's chest. She felt the warmth begin to seep through her skin, the soft surface cradling her gently.

"I mean...Like he said, it's a small world, maybe you guys will reconnect some day? And theres always the internet."

"But fate just seems to be pushing us away..." She said softly.

Prila sighed, "Remember that you have a say in your fate. If it tries to pull you away from someone there is always the option to wrap your arms around them and to hold on as tightly as you can."

Kikata nodded, falling back to her knees, "Okay...so...what exactly happened back there?"

"Oh...I guess there is no hiding it now..."

~ ~(Warning, this is explicit) ~ ~ 

About an hour ago...

Fisc shut the door silently, turning only to be met with a a weight crashing into his chest. Prila giggled girlishly as her legs wrapped tightly around her torso. Fisc stumbled slightly but managed to keep his balance, grinning as she leaned forward, engulfing his face against her chest.

"Hows that for a surprise?" She asked with another giggle.

"Very nice, thank you." Fiscs muffled voice said.

Prila laughed, sliding down slightly so she could kiss him. He went to engage her more intensely but she dropped back down to the floor and sat herself down on the bed, a small smile creasing her lips. Fisc grinned and unzipped his jump suit, starting to remove it as he walked over towards her.

"Ah ah ah!" She giggled, holding her foot out to stop his approach. "Remember our little deal? I do you while you pilot the ship and you promised to return the favor." She said with a grin.

Fisc nodded, "Worth it." He commented, dropping to his knees and taking her foot in his hand. He smiled towards her before kissing the top of her foot, causing her to giggle even more. He unlatched her shoe and slid it off, and did the same for the other foot. He tossed her small shoes aside before taking hold of the fabric of her pants. He pulled them off slowly, watching her face brighten up even more as he tossed them aside. She gasped as he kissed her ankle, and then slowly up the rest of her leg.

"Such a gentleman!" She giggled, "Oh you really know how to flatter-" She sputtered off as his head fell between her legs, "Oh...wow.." She gasped, "You really know h-how to..." She hummed in delight as he continued to work away, she felt a familiar tingling in her chest. "I didn't take my medication." She whispered.

Fisc pulled back, "You want me to go and get it?"

She shook her head, "I want to go with it...see how big I can get!" 

"You sure?"

She nodded, "Now, did I say stop?" She grinned, glad her little treat for him was starting to really pay off. She bit her lip as he started pleasuring her again, the rushing feeling in her chest really starting to escalate as the pleasure spread through her body. She leaned back on her hands and started to moan lightly. She felt as the weight started to rise, the flesh tingling as it pushed out against her tightly fitting upper shirt. She bit her lip as the tingling turned to a sort of friction that sent waves of pleasure through her body. The nano fibre fabric started to stretch towards its limits. She felt the fabric starting to tear across her back, a wide smile spreading over her lips as her nipples pressed even harder against the tight fabric. 

"Oop!" She giggled as her top suddenly tore in half, the loose fabric slipped off her large bust and fell onto Fisc's back. She reached her arms around them, still just able to tickle her nipples with her fingers, moaning loudly as she did. Slowly her breasts began to push her arms to the side, her fingers only able to grip the sides.

Fisc felt a warm pressure on the top of his head, he pulled back and his eyes widened as he saw the titanic breasts, "Oh wow." He said.

She grinned, struggling to push herself further back on the bed, "Come on and kiss me while you still can!" She giggled.

Fisc laughed, climbing up onto the bed after her, he was caught off guard as she suddenly jumped towards him. He coughed as her titanic breasts compressed against his chest, "gotcha' again." She whispered, lowering her face onto his as her hand slipped between them, taking his member in hand and guiding it inside of her. She gasped in delight as his powerful arms wrapped around her, rolling himself over so he would be on top.

She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling as he thrust himself inside of her, his hands exploring her ever growing bust, his rough skin sending shivers of pleasure over her sensitive flesh. His fingers began to play upon her nipples, causing her to shudder and moan in delight, "Oh...yes like that...." She gasped.

Fisc nodded, lowering his face into the expanding bust as he continued to drive his hips back and forth. He would kiss and even nibble on then playfully, much to the added ecstasy of Prila. Her chest continued to balloon upwards, soon he was able to lean his chest against it, serving as a soft cushion for him to press into. 

Prila's hands continued to grip the sides of her growing bosom, her flesh slowly pushing her arms to the side, eventually pinning them completely to the bed. She could only squirm with delight under the combined weight of Fisc and her breasts, her breasts soon growing enough to outweigh him! With every inch they grew the more sensitive they became to Fiscs massaging, and the friction caused as they spread across the bed.

"You alright?" Fisc asked, a little short on breath.

"Oh god yes." Prila called from behind the wall of flesh, "Keep going! This is amazing! Let's break this entire room down!" She gasped with pleasure even more as she thought of the idea of her bust growing so massive! She had to bite down on her lower lip to keep herself from literally screaming with pleasure...not wanting to cause a disturbance to the entire station. 

Before long Fisc hardly had any room as her chest spread down towards her abdomen. He pressed himself forward, sliding an arm between her breasts to explore the flesh within. 

"Go on in baby!" She panted, "I want to feel you squirm around in there!" 

Fisc grinned, reaching both arms froward to push away the mountains of flesh. Prila moaned loudly as his upper half squeezed between the two walls of flesh. And as they grew they engulfed him even more, though he managed to remain inside of Prila the entire time.

Prila squirmed as much as her body would allow her, almost unable to handle the insane amount of pleasure that rushed through her. Her ears faintly picked up on a low creaking sound, then suddenly a loud snap. The bed fell to the floor as it's legs broke under the weight. 

"What was that?" Fisc's muffled voice called from within.

"Nothing!" Prila gasped, "K-Keep going!" She was almost greedy for pleasure now. As Fisc continued to thrust his body back and forth her breasts as well swayed, now pinned to the bedside table, the wood groaning as it slid across the wall. She could hardly contain the euphoric shouts of pleasure as Fisc's entire body now plunged within her cleavage, every inch of their skin rubbing against one another.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"And at this point I was soaking but let me tell you when I came-"

"Prila!" Kikata finally but in, "I really don't need to know that much."

"Oh...sorry." Prilla giggled.

Chapter 45 by Ginbug

"The General will see you now." An attractive blonde haired woman said from behind a desk.

Richard nodded, rising to his feet and approaching the wide double doors. As he neared they slid open slowly, revealing a dimply lit room filled with various hologram tables and displays. 

"Private Bromwell." A stern voice called from somewhere in the room.

Richard turned, scanning the room until he saw the General standing behind one of the computers, "Sir." He said, standing at attention.

"At ease." The General said walking away from the computer towards Richard, "You say you wished to speak with me?"

"Yes sir. I have a request sir."

"A request? Bringing you back to earth in one piece is not enough for you?" He asked with an arched brow.

"I am thankful for the effort sir. But..." Richard took a deep breath, "I would like to accompany the U.N.S.S. back into the fight, sir."

The General folded his arms, eyeing Richard for a few long seconds before speaking, "And why would you think that there are any forces returning to this conflict?"

"A hunch, sir." Richard said, not wanting to cause any troubles for the men by revealing that they told him information.

"A hunch over a drink, I imagine?" Marcus chuckled, rubbing his wrinkled chin thoughtfully, "And if our forces were returning to the conflict against the New Order, why would you want to go?"

Richard hesitated a moment, "Sir, I don't feel that it is right for me to return home. I feel that it should be my duty to stay until the job is done."

Marcus nodded slowly, "Though you know we are under strict orders to bring you home?"

Richard winced, "If it's any consolation, I believe that I am still on the Nova Guard payment roll."

Marcus laughed, "We handled that this morning marine."

Richard had to struggle to keep himself composed, "Please, sir. I could not live with myself if I went back now."

"So. You are willing to get yourself into a world of shit, accompanying the most highly trained servicemen in our military into a warzone that has not been entered before by our kind, in order to...uh...finish the job?"

"Yes, sir. I feel that I have the experience I need to handle myself in this conflict."

Marcus leaned back on one of the illuminated tables, "And what do I tell the U.N when the ship returns to earth and their missing solider is not on board?" 

"You can tell them I died, for all I care...sir."

Marcus laughed again, "No plans to return to earth any time soon then?" Marcus shook his head, "Alright then Richard. If you feel that you need this, and you are prepared, welcome aboard." 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

A few hours had passed and for some reason Prila decided she wanted even more exercise, so she dragged Kikata and Fisc along with her to the gym. She insisted that the exercise would help clear her head anyway, so Kikata agreed. 

A thin layer of sweat formed on her forehead as she jogged lightly on the resistance running machine, as hard as she tried her mind kept returning to the same old places. She sighed, wiping the back of her hand across her brow, she could only hope that she didn't have another break down in public.

She watched as Prila pulled Fisc over towards the mat, a playful grin across her lips. She laughed slightly, trying to imagine what excuses Fisc was trying to use to get himself out of another probable beat down by his own girlfriend. 

"Is this station taken?" A soft voice asked. 

Kikata heard the machine turn on before she even answered, "No." She said, glancing over her shoulder to see a familiar woman stepping onto the machine. She had to fight the urge not to grimace as she watched Kina smile towards her.

"Oh hey! Kikata." Kina said with a bright smile.

"Hi." Kikata responded, returning her vision back towards Prila and Fisc, who were just getting into their ready positions. She could feel Kina looking at her so she turned back with a weak smile, wondering what she wanted.

"You feeling good?"

Kikata shrugged, "Fine."

"You look a little tired, is all."

"It's been a long couple days."

"Hasn't it?" Kina asked, a sweet smile always across her lips. Though it only served to annoy Kikata even more. 

Kikata turned back towards Prila and Fisc, Prila had already pinned him, "You weren't even trying!" He heard Prila complain from across the gym. 

Kina cleared her throat, "So um. On your own now huh?"

"That's right." Kikata said with a slight sigh.

There was a short pause, "I'm annoying you...aren't I?" Kina asked, her voice softened slightly. 

"Of course not." Kikata insisted, still watching her friends roll around on the mat. 

"I'm almost certain I am." Kina continued.

"And how can you be so certain?" Kikata asked, now shifting her gaze back towards the Fela. 

Kina shrugged, "I can read people pretty well."

"Yeah? Try me." Kikata challenged with a shrug.

"You've cried in the past hour or so." 

Kikata turned back towards her friends, for once Fisc taking the upper hand with his weight. "Is that so."

"Yes. And also you wince every time you see me. It's subtle but you do it."

"Coincidence maybe?"

"I doubt it." Kina said, "But, still I try to be friendly. Thinking one of these days you might not want to tear my ears off."

"I don't think it's all that bad." Kikata muttered. "But why?" 

Kina shrugged, "I respect you. I think you are a good person."

"Oh yeah?" Kikata said, turning back towards Kina, who seemed to wince herself by her response..."Erm. Thank you."

"I mean I get it. Really I do." Kina continued, "You are a rather...reserved woman. And as you probably know I'm not as much."

"I suppose."

"I also...treaded on your territory a little."

Kikata shot her a glance, "Oh?"

"Well...you know going after Richard."

"I was engaged at the time. So I wasn't jealous."

"But, naturally he was still sort of your turf. It's just how we're wired."

"If you say so." Kikata said. The two walked quietly for a few minutes, Kikata couldn't help but start to feel a little sorry for being so cold towards Kina. After all, most of her feelings towards her were set before she had even spoke to the Fela. "So. What was it like?" 

Kina blinked, "What was what like?" 

"You know." Kikata hushed her voice, "Being with a human."

"Oh!" Kina laughed, "Well uh. It's different."

"I wouldn't know what was normal to begin with." Kikata said quietly.

"Oh that's right. You've never uh...well yeah. Well, how do I explain it." Kina thought for a moment, "Exciting for one. And...oddly intimate. Which is part of the reason I was so hesitant to really approach him again. I mean the sex was fun but I was getting too attached!" She giggled, "I sort of thought about going for it-" Kina noticed Kikata giving her a somewhat distasteful stare, "Oh...wait a minute." She eyed Kikata curiously, "Why do you want to know in the first place?"

Kikata sighed, "Oh, just wondering."

Kina smiled, and continued, "Well...if you really want to know. It's kind of bizarre at first. Like you feel him in there but you don't see him. And admittedly you need to help them out a little more than you would one of our men. But once you get the motion down and he starts to go deeper and deeper-"

"It feels incredible..." Kikata whispered.

"What?" Kina tilted her head, "Did you guys do it?"

Kikata blushed, "No. But I had a dream about it. And it was so vivid...I was just seeing if the real experience added up."

"Oh." Kina said, "You really liked him didn't you? Gosh I feel terrible for intruding..."

"No. Don't feel bad. We knew it couldn't be. Or at least we thought we knew." Kikata sighed, "I should have..."

"But then you might not have been able to let go." Kina offered with a shrug. 

Kikata nodded, "Tell me. Do you know the punishment for someone going off their designated route for personal reasons?"

Kina thought a moment, then smiled, "Well I don't know. How much time are we talking here?"

"Two days maybe." 

"No one has to know." She whispered with a wink.

A smile creased Kikata's lips as she hopped off the machine, "Hey. Richard was right, you're not so bad." Kikata said.

"Oh...thanks!" Kina said, a broad smile spreading across her face.

Kikata nodded towards her one last time before bounding over to where Fisc and Prila still wrestled, "Hey." She called.

Prila and Fisc stopped, turning towards her. "What's up?" Prila asked through heavy breaths.

"I'm heading out."

Prila's brow furrowed, "To where?"

Kikata kneeled down, a smile still creasing her lips, "I'm not letting go."

"Oh...well...go! What are you waiting for!" Prila said rising to her feet.

Kikata laughed, rising to her feet and making her way out of the gym.

"You get him, girl!" Prila called from behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata hopped into her pilots seat, her hands quickly running over the controls. Within minutes she was in the air, her ship slowly rising out of the docking bay. 

"Hey, Kikata." A voice called through the radio, it was Kina.

"Uh, Hello?"

"Yeah, um. I went ahead and sent you the coordinates for the Infinity. That is the ship Richard is on now. Good luck."

"Thanks." Kikata said with a smile, she couldn't believe she was about to do this.

She brought up the coordinates, the Infinity wouldn't be making any jumps, meaning Kikata would be able to catch up to it easily. She readied the ship, placing her hand over the jump engager. 

But suddenly a piercing whine echoed through her ship. A warning signal. 

"All ships!" A nervous voice called through the radio, "W-We need help at station 2-2-3-" There was a pause in the transmission, "2-2-3-5-6-9. Please hurry!" 

Kikata looked towards her coordinates, she sighed deeply and re-routed her course. 

"All Guards." A more stern voice called through the radio, "Be ready to engage the enemy. This is not a drill."

Kikata's blood ran cold as she climbed out of her seat. She rushed to climb into her Guard Armor, the last defense in the case she was to be shot down. Once fully equipped she climbed back into the cockpit, her visors hud syncing with her ships to engrain her even further into the holographic combat and defense systems. 

She readied for the jump, taking a deep breath before engaging. The planet that arrived before her was a familiar one. It was the first station that she and Richard had stopped at, an ice planet. More and more Guard ships arrived by her side as they approached the planet.

"Anyone see anything?" A voice called through the radio.

"No." Kikata called back, her eyes falling on the empty seat where Richard once sat. 

They moved towards the atmosphere slowly, more and more friendly ships arriving, including a large calvary of Knight Fighters. 

Then, as if they had melted into existence from no where, a storm of yellow streaks bombarded the Guard ships. Kikata quickly inverted her ship to narrowly dodge a steady stream of burning metal. She fired a volley back blindly. 

"Target the ships!" A voice yelled.

Soon after a sea of green lines, each marking a new enemy vessel, appeared on Kikata's hud. Confident in her skills she pushed forward, emptying a barrage of swarm missiles into the oncoming ships. Behind those she unleashed some more powerful rockets that quickly found their targets in the horde of hostiles. It was hard to tell which hit successfully or which had simply been destroyed by defense systems. 

The quiet space was filled with light, the only sounds emanating from the radio or the clanking of weapons inside of the ship. 

"Watch out below." A voice called calmly into the radio...it didn't rise Kikata's concerns.

She screamed as her ship suddenly jolted, the lights of her HUD flashing bright red. "Shit!" She exclaimed, reading the status report. "They got one of my engines!" She started to panic, her hands feverishly working to steady her ship as it became hard to control. 

"Hang steady there." A voice called to her.

"I'm trying-" She screamed again as her ship jolted once again, "Fuck!" 

"They've got a scrambler on your bottom, I'm trying to get it off with small arms."

"Well hurry, I can't take much more!" Kiakta pleaded, her wrists aching as she tried to steady her ship. A blue streak caught her attention from the corner of her eye.

"I have to pull up! I'm sorry!" The voice called.

"N-No!" Kikata shrieked as the EMP crashed into her final remaining engine. Her ships hud went out, followed by the lights. The joysticks went stiff in her hands. "No. No. No, This can't be happening." Kikata groaned, watching helplessly as the white landscape came into view as her ship slowly spiraled out of control. 

The whirling motion picked up pace, her communications were out, her control was out. She was going to crash! Faster and faster her ship spun, until the stronger gravity of the planet took hold. Her ships systems suddenly flickered back on. "Come on! Come on!" She pleaded, her single working engine sputtering as an orange glow engulfed her ship. She tried desperately to reverse her decent, but she was going to fast! She screamed as she pulled on the joysticks, her only hope was to land on her side or rear, otherwise she would be crushed instantly in the crash.

Her stomach rose in her throat, her vision blurring as the ship was unable to protect her from the powerful force of the fall. Her hands fell from the joysticks as her vision suddenly went black.

Chapter 46 by Ginbug

Richard followed the general into a narrow elevator shaft. The two sat in a sort of uncomfortable silence as they made their way down into the deepest depths of the Infinity. When standing in the midst of Marcus "Zero" you were quite literally standing next to a living legend. The man has been actively serving since the age of eighteen, and has fought in some of the most key battles in human history. In his own life time he had seen himself portrayed in hundreds if not thousands of movies, television shows, comics and video games. 

The elevator finally came to a halt, the metallic doors opening to reveal the wide docking station contained within theInfinities hull. A large ship stood before them, a large crowd of military personel bustled around the ship prepping it for take off. The two men approached the lowered landing ramp, though Marcus stopped them before stepping foot on top of the metal ramp.

"You step foot in my ship and there is no turning back. Understood."

"Yes sir."

"You will be giving up your freedom to serve under me. Every move you make is under my direct order. And if not mine, then your squad leaders. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir." Richard said, nearly feeling his very soul melting under the old mans intense stare. He eventually broke it off with a nod, the old man turning towards the ship. 

"You will follow the first hall we come to all the way towards the end. You will find the other men there waiting for their briefing."

"Yes sir." Richard responded again, following the Generals orders just as he had been told. He made his way down the narrow hallway of the battleship until he entered a more wide open room. The room was lined with tall green lockers, each about two feet across in width. He saw some familiar faces from the bar.

"No fuckin' shit." The man he knew has Three laughed.

"Hey." Richard said with a nod, leaning back against one of the walls.

"Richard Bromwell what the hell are you doin' on this ship?" Nathan asked with a grin, approaching Richard and landing a heavy hand down on his shoulder. 

"I'm part of the team now." Richard said, "I had to do a little begging to "Zero" But the man saw the light."

Nathan laughed, "Got down on your knees and sucked the ol' mans dick just to get the chance to die an honorable death. I like it." 

"Yeah, well as long as he don't fuck up and cause me to die my honorable death too early." A rough voice called from the back of the room. A bulky man stood up from the bench he was seated on and walked over. Richard knew him as two from the bar. His green eyes stared down Richard sternly, his wide cheekbones clenched tightly. He had a short mat of red hair that sat atop his bulging head.

"Easy there, Bacon. The grunt may lack the training but he sure as hell has made up for it with experience. Aint that right, Richard?"

Richard nodded, "I hope." He eyed down the large man who had just been referred to as "bacon." "So uh...Bacon, is it?"

"That's right." He said with a wide grin.

"When he's on leave he's Bacon. When he's strapped he's two." Nathan said, "Just like right now you are Richard. When we get into the shit you are Six."

"Whose Five?" Richard asked, only recalling four members to the group.

"Five." The man known only to Richard as Three laughed. He was a rather handsome dark haired man with a sort of purposeful thicket of unshaven scruff on his cheeks and chin. "That dude is a case I tell you what. He is always in his gear. And if not the dude is locked up in his room, probably jerkin' it to videos of himself capping heads."

Nathan shook his head, "Five comes out of Japan. First of his class in sniper training, got one hell of an eye and from what we hear one hell of a set of balls. He keeps to himself, which is fine by me as long as he comes into the fight on our side."

"Don't speak a lick of english neither. Probably why he wears that damn helmet all the time, got some translator shit in it or something." Bacon said as he returned to the bench he was sitting on.

"Well he could be a robot for all I care, as long as he can handle that boom stick as well as his records say he does then I'm damn proud to have 'em." Nathan said with a nod.

"Speakin' of the devil." Three grunted, nodding his head towards the door. 

A rather short figure stood against the doorway, had Richard not known better he could have easily mistaken the dark, and armored soldier to actually be a robot. His suit was intricately designed and yet at the same time seemed as sturdy as a rock. It's heavy black metal hardly held a shine under the white florissant lights. The helmet was perhaps the most intricate of all, it consisted of a few segmented pieces that could be moved up or down. The visor pulled back on the helmet was designed almost like the curved beak of an eagle. Under the visor three circles peered out towards the five men with an almost cold teel glow. These were the snipers false eyes, for the targeting system was too advanced for a simple translucent visor to suffice. 

The mysterious figure, simply known to the men as Five nodded their head back towards the hall and joined them inside the room. Not long afterwards a heavy series of footsteps could be heard, the figure of Marcus appearing in the brightly illuminated room. Immediately the six soldiers stood at attention.

"At ease, men." Marcus grunted as he walked towards the center of the room. His old, yet surprisingly able hand reached up towards the wall and pulled away a wooden panel, revealing a wide computer screen. The U.N logo appeared briefly before giving way to the control panel. "Three hours ago, the New Order struck with full force at one of our Allies stations, here." He said, the star map zooming into the image of a white sphere. Richards brow narrowed as the identification number of the planet seemed to be oddly familiar. 

"Last thing we heard was that their defenses were weak, and the New Order was fixen to make the station their new home. Those were the last transmissions we heard from the ground. I think it is safe to say that our enemies have gotten themselves dug in deep with some fine new firepower to back themselves up with. And it wouldn't exactly take a genius for them to figure out how to revert the stations defense systems to work in their favor." A blue print of the station appeared on screen. "Now, our friends at the station are obviously seeing this as a great and utter defeat. A humiliating one at that. They see this as a god damn military catastrophe!" Marcus chuckled, shaking his head slightly, "But you want to know what I see? I see an opportunity. This is exactly the situation we have been training for, it is time to show this universe of ours exactly how big of a bite us little dogs can dish!" 

There was an excited cry of agreement from the men, including Richard. His heart raced as the great war hero Marcus "Zero" explained to them how these six soldiers were going to take down the New Order. The plan was to exploit their size. They would be dropped down into the combat zone under the radar, and from there they would be able to snake their way into the station. From there they would be able to disable the defense systems to open up the gates for the Knights. 

When Marcus left the room it was Nathan, now known as One, who took over. "Alright boys. Let's gear up." He shouted, his words met with another excited cheer from all but the silent number Five. "Six." He barked, "Your gear is over here."

"Yes sir." Richard said with a nod, falling into the old routine he hard learned in boot camp. He jogged over to the locker that Nathan had pointed towards and opened it. It was hardly the Nova Guard armor that he had grown accustomed to. Though because it was a one of a kind prototype he was not allowed to take it with him. His new armor was much lighter, held together my thick nano-fibre fabrics that had replaced the more standard teflon. The bulkier alloys and plastics of the U.N.S.S armored the key areas of the lower legs, thighs, groin, chest and shoulders and the arms. It was similar in fashion to that of number Five's armor, though just slightly heavier. Their helmets were thick and for the most part solid, the narrow visors would contain a HUD but not one nearly as advanced as that of the Nova Guards. 

Each man carried a similar weapon, a large three foot long canon with two barrels. One barrel was fed high calibre machine gun rounds through a large barrel clip that jutted out from the side of the rifle. The second barrel fired semi-automatic explosive rounds.

Five on the other hand carried a rifle that nearly touched the ground as it hung from his back. The clip was filled with extremely powerful armor piercing explosive rounds that could hit targets from miles away. On earth the weapon was known as a tank killer, but here in this new warzone it had already been dubbed with the name "Titan killer". 

Nathan tossed a pack to Richard, "Take one of these." 

"What is this?" He asked, pulling the pack over his shoulder.

"That would be your parachute my friend."

"Parachute?" Richard asked as they made their way down the hall. He had not even realized that by this point their new, smaller ship had left the Infinity and was about ten minutes away from their drop zone.

"That's right." Nathan called over his shoulder, there was a loud roaring wind blowing through the hallway now, the ship opened up to a larger area filled with large metal crates and some massive structure hidden beneath a heavy green tarp. 

"You mean after all these years we've got nothing better than parachutes to get us down to the ground?" Richard called over the roar of the wind, a white landscape slipping beneath the ship in a blur. 

A wide grin crossed Nathans lips, "What can I say? They wanted to save a little money!" He burst into laugher as he approached the opening with the other men, "Have you ever used one before?"

Richards blood ran cold, "No!" He shouted.

"Oh. Well. We sort of have to go now."

"What?" Richard nearly shrieked, "But how am I supposed to-" He yelled as Nathan grabbed his arm and practically threw him into the wide opening. The other five soliders were quick to follow. Richard screamed as he watched the ground race towards him, it was hard to tell how high they really were against the solid white backdrop. The air was perfectly quiet as they fell, he was completely unaware of the violent battle that took place just over their heads in the outer atmosphere. The white earth was littered with small black dots.

"Hey new guy." A voice called into his ear piece. "When I say go you pull that little orange ring by your right elbow."

Richard tried to nod as he lifted his arm, his eyes falling on the orange ring. He took a deep breath, his mind only just adjusting to the fact that he was free falling towards a hostile frozen tundra. He briefly reflected on what he left behind, a warm bed, a beautiful women. But he reminded himself of what he was after, "I'm comin' for you Kikata." He whispered to himself, unaware of the events that had taken place just a few hours ago...unaware that one of those little black dots in the white landscape was his old ship. 

"Now!"

Chapter 47 by Ginbug

A few hours earlier

Darkness filled Kikata's vision as she finally came to. She tried to move, finding that her body seemed to be compressed on all sides. The movement however was enough to reengage her hud, illuminating the white substance that encased her visor. "I'm alive." She whispered, her senses slowly coming back to their full strength. A throbbing pain pulsed through her right forearm, though other than that she seemed to be okay. As she continued to squirm the impact foam that the ship released during the crash started to give way, as it was designed to do. Eventually she was able to move her limbs freely, pushing away the sand like substance as it fell apart. 

She groaned again as she clutched her forearm, the throbbing pain worsening as her senses returned to her. A dark shadow suddenly loomed over the cockpit window, it's thick glass cracked down the middle. A figure appeared over her, it's masked face staring down at her before it lifted its large boot and crashed it down on the already fractured window. A few powerful stomps shattered the window, and to her further dismay a weapon was pointed towards her.

"Get out." It demanded, "Slowly."

Kikata was in no shape to resist, she put her hands up as her shaking legs lifted her out the shattered hole in her cockpit. Her eyes fell on a crowd of about ten similarly dressed soldiers, a mix of Neko and Marleks, all standing outside of a small black transport ship. 

"Move." The voice commanded again, swinging his weapon in the direction of the vessel.

Kikata had to fight the urge to not lower her hands so she could grip her pain stricken arm, her blood ran cold through her vains as she wondered what fate they had in store for her. She was roughly guided into the ship, a large marlek pushing her down into one of the seats. 

"Your helmet, remove it." He ordered with a snarl.

Kikata did so, eyeing the marlek bitterly. She followed his hand as it lowered towards his belt, his furred claw lifted a short black device. He reached it up towards her neck, a sudden shock filling Kikata's existence. She screamed in agony before falling unconscious once again.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard tumbled around within a white canopy. "Son of a bitch." He grumbled, finally finding a spot where his feet touched snow. He pulled the parachute over his head and shrugged the pack off his shoulders. The five other soldiers were already busy collecting their gear from a large black crate that had been dropped with them.

"Here." Nathan called, tossing Richard one of the long weapons. "You will ride with me. Now that we are running with Six, Three you tag along with Five."

"Ride?" Richard asked, approaching the crate as the men pulled out three large, oval shaped containers.

"That's right." Bacan called over his shoulder. "These here are the Harley of the black ops."

Richard looked on as the containers were opened, the team quickly assembling what could only be described as two seated motorcycles without wheels. Within minutes the three ships were ready to go. Richard followed their lead and sat on the rear facing seat while nathan climbed onto the front seat, their packs touching as they sat down. The seats were comfortable, a gap was left in the middle of the back rest to allow their packs to squeeze through, so they wouldn't have to arch their backs forward and throw off their center of gravity. 

The engines ignited, a quiet hum filling the air as the metal frames lifted the six soliders a good two feet off the ground. 

"Alright. If we get into some shit I need you to lean with the turns, but not too much otherwise we'll get into a barrel roll that will probably end up getting us killed, you understand."

"Yeah." Richard called over the roar of the engines as they headed off towards the base. He watched as a narrow cloud followed their vehicles as they raced across the icy ground, the hot air of the engines scattering any loose ice or snow. 

A large black shadow raced across the white earth, a dark ship soaring over their heads. More and more of these low flying ships roared over them, they were getting close. A large mountain of white earth was soon just barely visible against the gray backdrop of the sky. The station was there, mostly under the frozen tundra. 

A map appeared on Richards visor, "Alright." Nathans voice called through the radio, "We are going to slip in right under their noses through the front entrance to the docking bay. We're not going to take any chances so we will take a sharp left, there is a small ventilation system that will act like our spiderweb to the entire station. If everything goes well we figure out where they are hacking the base computers from, revert the system to its original functions and we open the defenses to the big guys."

Richard arched his back so he could see the oncoming base, a large black rectangle growing in the distance. Waves of black ships were racing over head, all of them heading back towards the base.

"What the hell is going on?" A voice called through the radio, "They falling back?"

Nathan shrugged, "Probably. The reports say they are fighting with outdated ships, and probably limited ammunition. They are desperate, which makes them dangerous in a tight spot. Who knows what they will do once they are bunkered in."

"Well why don't we just blow the whole damn base up? It's theirs now aint' it?" Two pressed.

"They got hostages. Anyone trapped in that station before the attack is still there now."

The loading bay was soon looming over them, the structure stood a good couple thousand feet at its highest, and the station itself was dug in miles below the icy surface. As they neared a loud alarm echoed over the white landscape, followed soon by a thunderous grinding sound.

"Their shutting the gate!" Someone yelled through the radio.

Nathan ducked his head downwards, pushing his bike to maximum speed as he watched the titanic metal doors slowly lowering before them. "We'll make it."

The large opening filled their view, a massive dull gray door slowly descending towards the earth. The three vehicles raced across the frozen earth, their small size dwarfed even more by the sheer magnitude of the door they were racing against. There was a collective scream through the radio as they were encased by the titanic shadow, the riders nearly had to duck their heads as their vehicles slipped into the station. The massive docking bay made the humans appear no more than tiny insects zipping across the dull gray floors. Massive ships glided overhead while the mountainous creatures ran back and forth from the ships that had already landed. 

"Bank right!" Nathan shouted. Richard watched from his rear facing seat as the two other vehicles filed in behind them. Suddenly another ceiling passed over his head as they entered a small entry on the wall. The three vehicles came to a stop once they were about fifty yards inside the dark tunnel, a constant breeze blowing over them. 

"Alright." Nathan said once the two other vehicles pulled along side of him. "About half a mile down this line there is an up shaft. We'll take that up, and then cut along the top until we get to a down shaft about two miles deep, we'll drop down to where the control room is from there.

With the plan set before their eyes the party continued forward, the bright white lights of the vehicles head lamps just barely illuminating the wide tunnel of the ventilation system. It was a strange environment, the ceiling, walls and floor were all exactly the same, metallic shade of silver. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Marcus rubbed his chin as his eyes scanned the holographic display emitted by the one of the ships computers. 

"They made it inside, sir." A female voice said.

"Yeah, yeah I see." He grumbled. His old eyes flickered over towards his young assistant, she had recoiled slightly from his grumpy remark, her eyes downcast towards the screen. He sighed, he had no intentions of spreading his qualms to the innocent, but he was frustrated. He hated the desk job, he wanted to be down there in the fight. It had been a long time since he had felt the rush of battle, since he felt as if he was actually doing something. 

"Tell them to keep the ship over the base." 

"Sir?"

"Just do it." He continued.

The blonde haired woman swallowed nervously, but nodded, "Yes sir." 

Marcus smiled slightly as he watched her make the call in to the cabin. He glanced towards the screen one last time before making his way towards the hallway. 

"Sir?" A voice called from behind him.

"Yes, Mary?" Marcus asked as he strolled down the hall.

The woman, Mary, fidgeted in the doorway for a moment before following him, "Where are you going?"

Marcus shrugged, "Just taking a walk, you've got things under control?"

"Sir?"

Marcus sighed, "Yes?"

"Sir...you...you are leaving the station during the mission?"

"You are competent enough. Go on and take the head on this one."

"T-Thank you sir. But, I don't think that is a very wise move."

Marcus halted, "You second guessing me?"

Mary's cheeks ran hot as he eyed her down, "O-Of course not...s-sir...but...but.."

"Mary." Marcus sighed, "You are a smart lady, but uh...how do I say this...you need to grow a pair and stand up for yourself from time to time."

Marys cheeks grew even redder, "Oh..." She lost herself in thought for a moment, hardly realizing that the General was already heading back down the hallway. "Wait!" She called, running after him, "You can't leave me in charge. That would be against direct orders!" 

"And?" 

Mary huffed in frustration as her superior continued his odd stroll away from his station, "Sir! Please! We have men in the field!"

"Well you better go back and check on them." Marcus said as they entered the wide cargo bay of the ship. It's ceiling stretched high above their heads, a large mass stood at the far end of the room, covered by a green tarp.

"But sir. I am not yet ready to take command!"

"Can't know until you try." Marcus said approaching the tall green hill . 

"Sir. I am begging you. What are you even doing?"

Marcus gripped the green tarp with a grin and pulled it away. "Getting myself some action." He said, his eyes brighting as they fell on the massive piece of machinery.

Chapter 48 by Ginbug

"This is it." Nathan called through the radio. "Three, Five, are you in position?" 

"Roger that, One." Threes voice called back, "Got ourselves a nice view of the whole room. It's empty."

"Looks that way." Nathan said, his shoulder pressed to the side of the wall that led out into the massive computer room. Metal coated computers rose above them like tall office buildings with no windows. Their walls made of thick, dull colored metal only broken by the black casing of the table top computer screens above. "Alright. Four, come with me, Two and Six you sit tight."

"Yes sir." Bacon responded with a nod, crouching down  with his heavy weapon resting on his knee. 

Richard looked on as Nathan and Four made their way across the wide expanse of tile flooring. He peered out from under the ventilation opening, his eyes scanning the ceiling that seemed to hang miles over head, wondering where the Sniper had set up shop. 

Nathan and Three came to a stop by a tall tabletop computer. 

"Computer." He ordered, holding out his hand as he crouched down before the mountainous machine.

Four slipped his pack off his shoulders, pulling from it a paper thin nano carbon computer. He waited as Nathan drilled a two inch wide hole into the thick metal wall with his metal cutter. Once the hole was in place Nathan took the thin computer from Four and ran a narrow, string like wire from one of the corners and sipped it inside of the round opening.

"Alright." He said with a sigh, watching as a sea of information flooded across the translucent screen. "A few more seconds and…alright we're into the system."

"Hey boss, why would they just leave the main computer room empty? I mean that just leaves the system open." Bacon called through the radio.

"Well, either they don't expect us, or they have rerouted the systems head to another location." Nathans eyes narrowed as he read over the information displayed before him. "And it looks like they have gone with the second option."

"Where is it then?" Threes voice called down from above.

"It's working on it. They've got the system scrambled pretty good. Might take a few minutes to locate the new one."

There was a thunderous groaning sound, the radio fell silent as two figures emerged from the titanic doorway. They were dressed in thick black uniforms, their chests and legs covered by a a sleek, yet slightly outdated armor. 

"What do we got?" Nathan whispered harshly, "I'm blind down here."

"Two soldiers." Three's voice replied in a similar harsh tone, "One male, one female. The male looks to be a Neko, the female is definitely a Marlek."

"Shit." Nathan grumbled, continuing to watch the data slip across his screen, "I'm going to need at least a few more minutes. Do you have a shot up there?"

Three turned to Five, whose silent head nodded slowly to Nathan's question. A steady hand reached forward and gripped the metal bolt of the powerful canon.

"Five is ready." Three called back down, eyeing the mysterious sniper for a moment before averting his gaze back down to the computer room, where the two giant figures made their way deeper into the room. "They are about ten paces away from your location boss, should we open fire?"

"Negative." Nathan whispered, "We need to remain unnoticed for as long as possible. Opening fire might trigger the stations defense systems." 

Richard arched his neck as he tried to peer out the side of the small ventilation hole that he and Bacon were waiting in, "How long will this take?" He whispered, now able to see the two massive beings making their way deeper in the room. The male figure had a thick black hat, with a face mask pulled down below his chin, that obscured his face. Even so, his size pointed his race to almost definitely Neko. The other figure was more obviously one of the almost equally massive Marlek races. Her fur was a light gray with hints of black towards the tips of her ears. Her snout and ears were more feline in appearance than any other creature that Richard could relate to. 

"Beats me." Bacon replied with a shrug. "But in my opinion we should cut em' down now while it will be easy. It's hard enough taken' down a building sized fucker when they aint' shootin' at ya'." 

Richard nodded, his nervous hands gripping his large weapon tightly, his index finger gently grazing over the side of the trigger. 

Bacons eyes narrowed as the Marlek and the Neko exchanged words quietly, it was hard to tell exactly what they were doing here. "You ever take down somethin' that big?" He asked, repositioning his weapon to his shoulder, preparing himself for the battle he wanted sooner rather than later. 

Richard shook his head, "About half that size."

Bacon scratched his brow with his thumb, his eyes peering up towards the two behemoths as they stood over one of the near by computers, "Well you've got a small window to take em' down. Through the mouth if they leave it open, the eyes if their unprotected, or right up the nostril. If ya' can't kill em' make sure you leave them hurting."

Richard nodded quietly, from the floor these would not be easy shots to make. He was starting to hope that they managed to avoid the firefight.

"Almost got it." Nathan's voice called through the radio.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata's eyes flickered open, bright white light filled her vision. The light melted away into a clean, white room. She strained her neck to peer around her, her body laid upon a silver table.

"Oh, this isn't right." A voice said to her left.

Kikata sat up quickly, her eyes locking on a slender, Neko man dressed in a long white jacket, it's white surface shining under the bright lights. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I am Dr. Renavold." He said, a slight nervousness in his voice. He cleared his throat, "You were in an accident, you were not supposed to wake up."

"W-Wake up?" Kikata asked, rubbing her hand across her forehead. Something about this doctor put her off.

"Well, from the sedatives of course." He said as he stepped towards her, a long needle in hand, "You are in need of just a minor procedure."

"I do not feel hurt." Kikata assured him, her eyes fell on the long needle, a yellow liquid sloshing in the thick glass casing.

"That…that is just the sedative still in your system, just let me-" He rose the needle towards Kikata.

"No!" Kikata shrieked, her arm shooting forward and striking the needle from the mans hand. "Something isn't right here." She said, throwing her legs off the table. She was still trying to place her recent past in order, where was she? When did she get into this, accident. Somehow all of this seemed oddly familiar.

"Please, ma'am, I understand your confusion but you must let me proceed."

"Proceed with what?" Kikata asked harshly as she backed away.

The doctor hesitated, "Y-You've had a lung collapse, and possible-"

"I am breathing fine." Kikata assured him. She glanced over her shoulder, having trouble locating the door. She heard the glass of the needle slide across the floor and her eyes locked back on the doctor, "Let me out of here." She demanded. 

The Doctor held his free hand forward, palm facing towards her, "Please, just let me help." He waved his arm back towards the table.

"You are not bringing that needle any closer." Kikata spat, her fists clenching tightly.

"You should not resist me." He said grimly, "Not in your condition. Just give in already!" He continued, as if growing frustrated.

Kikata shook her head, sidestepping her way around the silver table as she continued to search for the exit, "Open the damn door!" She yelled, turning towards the clean white wall. She heard a series of loud footsteps approaching her from behind. She quickly ducked out of the way, rolling across the cold, hard floor.

The doctor cursed under his breath as his needle jabbed at empty air, his now furious eyes locked on her as he prepared to attack again.

Kikata let him come nearly into striking distance before stepping aside and grabbing the mans wrist. Using techniques that she hardly understood she twirled her body fully around, using her legs to kick out his footing. As he lay flat on his stomach Kikata quickly, and without thinking, crashed her knee into his lower back. She twisted the needle gripping arm painfully, once the point was perpendicular to his side she shot it inward. 

"N-No!" The man shrieked, writing in pain on the ground as the yellowish liquid drained into his body. His thrashing soon died down to weak fidgeting, before he fell completely limp on the floor. 

Kikata stood up, her golden eyes staring down at the unconscious man nervously, the long needle still hanging out of his side.

"Nice." She heard an oddly familiar voice call from behind her.

"Prila?" Kikata asked, bewildered yet relieved to see her friend.

"You used my throw down." Prila giggled, "Remember? The one I used on you the first day we met."

"Oh…yeah I guess I did." She glanced back towards the doctor, "What the hell is going on? Who was that guy? Where did you come from? When did I get into-"

"I'll explain." Prila said holding up her hand.

"Please do." Kikata sighed.

"Alright, first things first." Prila said, pressing the index finger of her left hand onto her right palm, "You are not conscious."

"What?

"Yeah." Prila laughed.

"This? Again?!" Kikata groaned in disbelief. 

"So let me jog your memory." Prila continued, "You were shot down, you had just left the base early to catch Richards ship." Prila's words reformed Kikata's memories as she spoke, "You were taken in by the New Order, and shortly afterward rendered unconscious. From there they took you-"

"Wait…how would you know what they did with me after? I mean I was unconscious?"

"Your brain picks up on many things that you will not remember after you wake up. Now, as I was saying, they took you to a laboratory and have hooked you up to some sort of computer. From there I am not positive what is going on, but that man over there on the floor is one of them. Like Richard he has entered your mind, but he only intends to break your mind down."

"I see…to…to try and turn me to one of them…"

"Right. Now, we, or you, can't let that happen."

"But how?"

"By not giving in. Remember, this is your mind we are in…this is your dream world. You are in control here."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

It all happened so abruptly, there was nothing anyone could do to stop the initial blast. The tremendous force of the oversized slug hitting the floor sent a shockwave over power through Richard's feet, knocking him to his back as tiny pellets of debris fell around them. 

"Nathan!" A voice called through the radio as a loud clatter of gunfire erupted throughout the computer room.

"Take them down!" Three's voice shouted through the radio. 

Richard lifted his rifle once he returned to a crouching position, his fingers fumbled over the bolt and safety, Bacon's cannon already unleashing a steady stream of molten steel into the towering figures. 

"H-Help!" Four's voice called, "I….I'm hit!" 

"Is Nathan there? What the fuck is our situation?" Bacon roared over the gunfire.

"I can't see him! I can't see him!" Four sputtered. 

Richard scanned over the broken floor, he could see the small human squirming his way backwards across the floor, a large black crater shattering the floor where Nathan once knelt. 

The long black rifle jumped back into Five's shoulder. Instantly pulling the bolt free to let the footlong casing fall to the floor. The Neko suddenly stubbled backwards, his hands rising towards his throat as he fell.

"What a fucking shot!" Three laughed. 

Not long after the Marlek let out a screeching cry, her furred hand clutching her eye in pain. She stumbled  behind one of the far computers, yellow tracer rounds still bombarding her. She cursed out in agony, falling to the floor.

Now that the coast was clear Richard and Bacon dropped their weapons and rushed towards the wounded soldier.

"Shit." Richard whispered as they saw Four panting heavily on the ground, his face twisted in pain, and his hands gripping a thick fragment of metal that pierced his upper abdomen.

"G-Get Nathan!" Four sputtered, blood starting to drip down over his lips.

"Nathan aint there." Bacon growled, his eyes scanning over the charred floor, not even his dog tags would be salvageable from a direct hit like that.

Richard and Bacon dragged the wounded soldier back towards the ventilation shaft just as more voices came to the aid of the still shrieking Marlek. 

"How is Four?" Three called down through the radio, "We are moving to your position now." 

"He's bad." Bacon said as they leaned him back against one of the metal walls. "We can't stick here long, do you remember what Nathan said?"

"He said the computers have been rerouted to somewhere in their main ship, back in the docking bay." Richard said with a nod. 

"Shit." Bacon grumbled, "Right where we don't want to go." 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So…why are you in here?" Kikata asked.

Prila shrugged, "You needed someone to talk to. You always do."

"What do you mean?" Kikata asked with an arched brow.

"Look back, how have you found comfort? Or came to any sort of conclusion about anything in your life?"

Kikata's brow narrowed as she thought, but Prila would answer for her.

"You need to brain storm out loud, it's just the way your brain works. And when there is no one in the waking world for you to talk to you often find these people here, in your mind." 

"So…you are just me?"

"Well basically yes. You can look at me as your ability to rationalize things from a different perspective. In your dreams I have been many people, your father, your mother…even Richard."

"If only we never woke up…" Kikata sighed.

"Don't think like that." Prila said sternly, "You need to focus on remaining as conscious as you can. Richard is out there, in the real world."

"But what we had in here still felt real…" 

"It felt real because the feelings were all there, yes, but that is all." Prila laid a hand on Kikata's shoulder, "Remember what I told you, fate has put you here, but we can still hold on as tightly as possible…help will come. We must believe it will."

Kikata nodded, "Okay."

Chapter 49 by Ginbug

"He's Dead." Three said softly, the four remaining soldiers standing around the now limp body of Four, a pool of blood had formed from the fatal wound.

"God fucking dammit." Bacon muttered, lifting his head and looking towards the stream of light that marked the entrance into the ventilation system. Voices could be heard echoing down the vast metal shaft. "We need to get out of here."

"Right. But what the hell do we do now? Nathan is fucking dead, not to mention our main computer is gone."

Bacon shrugged, "If you ask me right now I think we should focus on getting out of this hell hole alive."

"What about our mission?" Richard asked quietly, his body still feeling shaken from the small firefight. 

Bacon's eyes narrowed, "Look. This aint' my fuckin' war. Hell it aint' even my galaxy! We're here as a fuckin' publicity stunt and now two of my fuckin' comrades are dead! Don't talk to me about any fuckin' mission!" 

Richard shifted nervously, he was suddenly feeling very out of place, he had no words to retort against the flustered, large man. He rubbed his gloved hand across the back of his helmet. 

"Look." Three finally spoke up, "I know this is all bullshit, but lets not muddy up the water by getting at each others throats, even if this new guy has gone a little space crazy."

Richard shot Three a glance but only nodded slowly.

"We were put into this god forsaken frozen rock because we were the best, let's fucking act like it."

Bacon nodded, a large hand rising under his helmet, pulling it off his bulky head. He pushed back a few drops of sweat with his palm and sighed, "Alright then, Three, what do you-"

There was a crackling over the radio before a female voice spoke, "One, come in, One come in." She repeated.

"One's dead." Bacon replied bluntly. 

"What?" She gasped.

"And four." He continued. "Who the hell is this?"

The voice hesitated, "T-This is Mary Elist. Commanding Assis-"

"Well if you don't mind, Mary, we'd like to speak to Zero, we are sort of in a shit storm down here."

Back on the main ship the young woman nervously pulled her hair back behind her ears and swallowed down a nervous knot before continuing to explain the bizarre situation, "Zero has, um. Left the ship."

"You're fucking kidding me." A rough voice replied through the radio. 

"But regardless, he has put me in command of this mission, what is going on down there?"

"Where do we even begin." Three sighed, his fingers trying to run though his hair as he pressed his hand against his visor, "Everything was going smooth until two bigs walked in on Nathan and Four as they were breaking into the system. They didn't seem to notice at first, but then…I don't know out of no where the big bitch shoots off a direct hit right on Nathan. Four went down with some shrapnel to the chest."

"Dammit." The female voice replied back, "And where are you now?"

"Right now we're sitting tight in the vent shaft, though it's about time we got a move on. The Neko that entered the room is dead but the Marlek got away with a bloody eye. Look is there anyway we can get the hell out of here? Any routes to take?"

The voice hesitated for a few moments before replying, "I'm sorry but the only way out of that base is through those blast doors, your mission is your only way out."

The soldiers sat silently, exchanging glances as they tried to mentally put their next set of actions together.

"Alright. Roger that Commander."  Three stated before the air waves went silent. He looked towards the others, "Well you heard her. The only way out of this mess is by breaking down their main computers."

"How do we do that?" Richard asked.

Three shrugged, "Originally we would use that computer Nathan had to hack the system on the spot, the defenses are usually pretty tight so anything but directly connecting to their main computer would be useless."

"And now we have no damn computer." Bacon grumbled.

"No. But we have a shit ton of explosives." Three replied.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"What are you doing?" Prila asked with an arch brow.

Kikata sat cross legged on the floor, her golden eyes staring intently at her arm which was held up in front of her face. "I'm trying to feel the pain." She replied, "I hurt my arm in the crash, I think it might have been broken. But I can't feel it anymore."

"Well, this isn't your physical body." Prila offered with a shrug.

"No, but I am still in my body right? It's there somewhere." 

Prila hummed for a moment, "Yes, I suppose it would be. But why would you want to do that?"

Kikata shrugged, taking her gaze off her arm and looking towards her, "I figure it would bring me closer to being conscious."

"Oh, I see. But if it is broken…it probably hurts a lot."

Kikata blinked, "Yeah. I guess it would." She dropped her arm back down to her lap and sighed, "I just don't know what else to do."

"Me neither. I only know as much as you do." Prila said softly. She glanced around the room and scrunched her lips, "But perhaps getting out of this room would be a-" Her brow furrowed as she looked back towards Kikata, "Now what are you doing?"

Kikata blushed slightly as she sat staring at her open palm, "I'm trying to bring him in here." 

Prila sighed, "If only. But…if you don't mind I think I have a better plan."

"And that would be?" Kikata asked, her eyes still transfixed on her palm.

"Getting out of this room."

"And what would that accomplish?" Kikata asked, laying her arm back down once again.

"Well, think about it. This room is completely alien to you. Or us, or me…I don't know it's confusing. But still, this room is of their creation. Perhaps in here their rules apply."

"So…you think in here I'm under their control?"

"Maybe. Or at least your more susceptible to it. Time moves fast in here, it might be a while before they figure out what you did to Mr. Doctor over there, I can only assume they will be sending more after you."

Kikata smirked as she glanced back to the man unconscious on the floor, "What do you think happened to him?" She asked curiously.

Prila shrugged, "Hopefully he'll be stuck that way for a long time."

Kikata laughed, "Yeah. But hopefully he doesn't linger around inside my brain." She shuddered, "That would be a scary thought." She rose to her feet slowly, stretching her back as she glanced around the room, "So, how do we get out of this place?"

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard felt the powerful vibrations of the vehicles engines running up his arms. Fours body lay strapped to the back of Bacons bike, though there was nothing remaining of Nathan to bring back to base. They wound their way through the catacombs of ventilation ducts the way they had first come inside. The main ship would be located in the center of a massive armada of New Order vessels and soldiers. 

As they rounded another jagged corner, the remaining soldiers saw a light in the distance. A nervous knot began to form tightly in Richards chest as the sounds of the busy docking bay began to reach his ears. The small team came to a crawling halt as they were soon able to peer back into the docking bay. 

"Son of a bitch." Bacon muttered as their eyes scanned over the landscape made of bodies, metal and concrete, "Any clue where we can find this ship? It's a god damn zoo out there."

Three planted his feet on the ground and peered outside, there was only one ship that stood out from the others as larger, "It's gotta' be that one." He said nodding his head towards a massive gray ship that seemed more like a mountain in the far distance. No less than twenty New Order ships and hundreds of soldiers stood between them and the monstrous structure. 

They stared silently for a few moments, it seemed as if no one had any desire to leave the ventilation duct. That was until a large, metal click sounded from behind Three. They turned to see Five, still gripping the bolt of his massive canon. He released it, glancing around the others before simply shrugging and leaning the canon back against his shoulder. 

"Well…I guess Five is ready." Three said.

"Crazy mother fucker." Bacon grumbled, though he could not hold back a slight chuckle. Another moment of silence passed before a wave of light laughter clattered over the radio. It was hard to say what drove the laughter. It might have been the snipers overall calm and ready attitude in the face of what seemed like a suicidal dash, or maybe it was just a nervous laughter. The kind that comes when your body can't even comprehend the danger that you are about to face, so it merely finds the whole thing just humorous. 

"Well fuck it. Let's just do it then." Three said, lifting his feet off the floor. His vehicle crept forward slowly at first, his head swiveling back and forth to make sure there were no immediate dangers. He looked back towards the two other bikes before shrugging his shoulders once more and hitting the accelerator. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata sighed as she watched Prila sift around in the unconscious, or possibly dead, doctors clothes to see if she could find any sort of key. After a few long and silent minutes Prila finally rose to her feet, her furrowed brow telling Kikata that the search came up empty handed. Kikata groaned and turned back towards the far wall. She walked slowly, her hands gripping a white plastic box. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before letting out a frustrated shriek, throwing the box against the wall. 

"God dammit!" She groaned, watching as the box bounced away unharmed. She turned back towards Prila, her brow raising in surprise, "Uh. What are you doing?"

Prila looked up, half her jumpsuit hanging from her hip, her chest completely exposed. She shot Kikata an almost devious grin, "I've got an idea."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Prila, like I have told you before, I am very flattered for the offer but right now doesn't-"

"No, really I have an idea." Prila insisted, a hint of seriousness in her voice.

"This should be good." Kikata said, folding her arms across her chest. 

Prila grinned again, "Remember way back, the last time you were trapped inside your head."

"Yes, I suppose I remember that pretty clearly right now." Kikata said as she thought it over.

"Do you remember how you got out of your old bedroom?"

Kikata closed her eyes, though in here closing your eyes only gave way to more images and memories. She focused deeply, the images returning to that distant dream. "Oh…" She said softly, her eyes opening back towards Prila, "So…how will this work?"

Prila smiled, "Play with them." She said, opening her arms around her large bosom.

"Erm." Kikata started, her cheeks growing pink, "Can't you just…you know…"

"No! It wont work if I just play with them myself. Come on Kikata this will work."

Kikata sighed but stepped forward, "No one hears of this. Especially not Fisc." 

"It's only you in here." Prila replied.

"Oh…right." Kikata said, forgetting that Prila was merely the Prila that was living in her mind. The image of Prila. She briefly wondered what this meant if her mental image of Prila was so eager for some foreplay, though there was no doubt that the real one would get a kick out of it. She reached her hand forward, fighting off a slight tremble as her hand gently pressed into her friends chest.

"Oh..take your suit off too!" Prila said excitedly, her teeth biting down on her lower lip as her eyes stared almost lustfully towards Kikata, who was now staring back towards her sternly, "Alright, alright fine. Keep your clothes on."

"Thank you." Kikata said, pulling a strand of hair back from her face with her free hand. "So…what do I do?" 

"Oh come on don't you know how to play with a pair?" 

"No Prila I've never fondled a girl before!" Kikata shouted, growing a little frustrated and embarrassed as she held her friends breasts in her palms. 

"Just you know, relax. Rub them gently, maybe play with my nipples. Perhaps even a gentle nibble or kiss-"

"I'll stick to my hands." Kikata retorted quickly. "God you have a dirty mind." She mumbled her fingers rising towards her friends nipple. Her action caused Prila to moan loudly, "Could you not do that?" She asked, continuing to move her hands around Prila's chest. 

"Sorry, no can do." Prila said with a grin, her eyes now closed. 

Kikata shook her head, wondering exactly whose mind was the dirty one if Prila was in fact not real. 

"Mm. Yeah like that." Prila urged, her own hands gripping the sides of her chest. After a few loud moans it started to happen. Kikata could feel the weight building against her palms, Prila's breasts literally growing out towards her. She started to back away as they began to expand out into the room, it was not long before her back pressed into the far wall. 

"i hope this works!" Kikata shouted over the wall of flesh, she turned her head to the side as it soon completely enveloped her in blackness. There was a long moment of silence before a loud cracking was heard. Kikata experienced a brief weightlessness, the world around her flashing so many different colors and designs. Suddenly her back struck a hard surface, her vision instantly flashing bright white. 

"Prila?" She asked into the silence of a familiar long hallway. 

"Um, no." Another familiar voice said with a chuckle. 

"Richard!" Kikata nearly screamed, she turned to see him standing behind her, a slanted grin spreading over his lips as he helped her to her feet. She instantly jumped upon him, her legs wrapping around his waist as she kissed him.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Richard could hardly hear the quiet chatter of the radio over his ragged breath and pounding heart in his ears. From ship to ship they raced, taking a few moments to plot out their next path before racing across the concrete floors. It seemed that at any moment they might be stopped by a giant foot, or merely be blasted out of existence by one of the towering shadows that swirled around them. But it would seem that fate was on their side this time.

"This is it." Three called in a harsh whisper as they came to a halt next to a ship that could only be described as a mountain. It's hull could fit the entire human fleet several times over it seemed. "According to the blue print there should be an E-140 entrance not too far from here." He said, his eyes scanning over the gray hull. 

"There!" Richard said, his arm pointing towards a green light overtop a rectangular panel. 

The soliders moved towards it, sure enough it was a human sized entrance. "Looks like it's time to ditch the bikes." Three said before hopping onto the ground. 

The others followed his lead, grabbing their equipment in hand.

"Alright. We've got about fifteen pounds of explosives. Let's go blow this damn computer to shit so we can get out of this damn galaxy." Bacon said gruffly. 

Richard walked over towards the panel, his large weapon slung over his shoulder. There was no doubt that this was a neko ship judging by the markings on the small key pad to the right of the door. He thought back deeply, remembering all the times he watched Kikata enter in and out of doorways using this kind of pad. His fingers moved almost blindly, illuminating the small symbols. He held his breath and stepped back, relieved to hear the door grind open.

"It's an elevator." He said, stepping inside. 

"Good work newbie." Bacon replied as he stepped in after him, "You might live through this after all." 

Richard chuckled, "Hope so."

Chapter 50 by Ginbug

Kikata was resistant to let go, her fingers digging into the fabric of Richards shirt. She finally touched her feet back down onto the floor and pulled her head back, locking eyes with the unusually large version of Richard.

"You're so big…" She whispered, her eyes scanning his face curiously.

Richard shrugged, "In here, yeah I guess I am. Or maybe it is you that is very small? We're in your head anyway." 

Kikata laughed, "Yes. I suppose we'd need to be very small to fit in there." She glanced around her, the long carpeted hallway seemed to stretch for miles, it seemed as though they had never left. "So what now?"

Richard shrugged, "I'm not sure." 

They began walking idly down the hall, "You think everyones mind looks like this?" She finally asked.

"Maybe. Though I get the feeling that my mind wouldn't be so well kept." Richard commented rubbing his chin. 

Kikata halted, "Your mind? But aren't you just…well… you know, my imagination?" 

"Not exactly." Richard responded, "You see…I've sort of been in here. Ever since that time you went into the coma. It was as if the procedure with the computer left a little sliver of me behind."

"Oh…" Kikata said, trying to wrap her mind around the idea, "So…in a way, you are Richard?"

"A piece of him anyway." They shared a long stare as Kikata seemed to think it over, her fingers gently gripping his wrists. Richard cleared his throat, "Don't uh, get too content though. I mean in the end I think I'm still just an idea."

Kikata sighed, "Yes, but…it could be reassuring to know if I never pull out of this…"

"Don't think like that." Richard urged her, "You will come out of this. Help is on it's way." 

"How can you be so sure?"

Richard shrugged, "I just know…" 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air as the elevator rose into the massive ship. They were headed to the hundredth floor where their blue prints seemed to point to an access to the main computer room. 

"Anyone thought of a plan yet?" Bacon finally mumbled.

"You mean more than get to the main console and throw some explosives in it?" Three asked.

"I take that as a no." Richard added in with a forced laugh. His eyes remained glued to the numbers flashing on the small screen above the door, their destination nearly within reach. 

"Well wingin' it has gotten us this far." Three offered, he glanced over to his partner Five and nudged him "Right buddy?" He laughed opening his palm and delivering a sportsman like slap on the rear. He was met by only a cold, teal blue stare from behind the snipers artificial eyes. Three laughed nervously before clearing his throat, "Clearly not the type that likes to be touched." 

A dull buzzing sound alerted the soldiers that they had arrived at their stop. A moment later the doors groaned open, revealing a dimly lit metal hallway. The floor was made from a sort of grated dark metal, each heavy footstep caused the narrow bars to echo and vibrate. The walls were left bare, showing all the large wires and pipes that ran through the ships hull. There seemed to be a constant drone of either electronics or water rushing through the intricate yet very large systems inside the ship. 

They made their way forward in a line, Three taking charge at the front of the line with Richard running up the back. The human walkway almost seemed as if it had been added to the ship after it was built. The twist and turns seemed to come at random, weaving around various parts of the ship, and they had to walk nearly two human miles just to reach the first doorway. 

"Ready?" Three said softly. 

"As I'll ever be." Bacon replied, his weapon falling from his shoulder and into his hands, "At least anything past those doors won't more than a story tall." He smirked. 

"Think you can hit a target that small?" Three asked, his sharp grin hidden behind his helmet. 

Bacon huffed a sarcastic laugh, "Just open the damn door already." 

"As you wish." Three commented, his hand pushing into a large silver pad beside the heavy gary door. The soldiers watched as the two metal panels slid apart, opening their vision into a much larger space. The room was at least triple the height of the human walkway, and the room spread out into what could have been a football field. It was also teeming with life. 

Creatures ranging from fifteen feet tall to what looked to be almost thirty feet tall went about what ever it was they were doing, though a loud cry began to turn their attention to the small doorway at the far end of the room. 

"Gun em' down!" Seemed to be the first thing that came to Three's mind as he sidestepped out of the doorway and rose his weapon to his shoulder. His finger pulled down against his primary trigger unleashing a hailstorm of machine gunfire into the room. 

Richards heart pounded as he followed his comrades into the room, immediately recognizing some of the clunky metal neck braces around the creatures heads. His weapon bounced against his shoulder as he scattered his bullets into the crowd, debris began to pick up around his feet or shower down over their heads. He found shelter behind a large metal crate and used it to prop up his canon, trying to pick out the targets that seemed most threatening. 

"Are we clear?!" Bacon roared as he scattered another barrage into the smokey room.

"I think- No wait I see movement!" Three said reeling his weapon towards one of the far corners.

"W-Wait!" A voice called from across the room. "Don't shoot! I'm unarmed!" 

The soldiers shared a glance. Richard found the voice oddly familiar.

"Human?" Bacon asked.

"Yes!" The voice replied. 

"Steve?" Richard then called, rising from his crouching position. 

"Richard?"

"You know this guy?" Three asked, slinging his weapon back over his shoulder. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So…what the fuck would drive you to fight for these guys?" Bacon asked, his hand still gripping his rifle at the ready as he scanned over the room once more.

"You say it as if I had any choice." Steve replied. His once short hair had grown long, much like Richards, since they had last been together. His eyes looked tired, and his movements seemed almost fidgety. "I couldn't have been able to even choose death over serving with them!" His head swiveled from side to side, as if worried that someone might over hear them, "They've got something worse than death for anyone who won't join up."

Richard recalled briefly the comment the man Kikata and Prila took into custody so many weeks ago. "What exactly do they do?" He asked curiously.

Steven glanced from face to face as he collected his words, "You see those metal braces they got around their necks there?" He asked, nodding towards a large, scaled creatures body.

"Yeah." Three said, leaning his weight to one side and cocking his head.

"Those aren't for decoration. They somehow…control you. Your mind is right but your body acts on its own!"

"So they force you to fight." Bacon said, once again removing his helmet to wipe away some sweat.

"Not only that." Steven continued, "They don't just hook you up and send you on your way. No, that would be gettin' off light. They send out some shady fella's to snatch up your loved ones. Throw the ones they find into a room with only you and a damn big knife. No matter how hard you fight your arms and legs move against you. For gods sake they had fathers stabbing their own children down. Now I aint' got no children, hell I don't even have a wife. But I'm not going to rebel against these guys only to have my body stolen and to watch my family die by my own hand."

"Jesus christ…" Three muttered under his breath, "You would think satan himself was running this damn army." 

"Satan don't punish the innocent." Bacon grumbled. "Well. Now that we have a nice story to piss us off even more why don't we go blow the hell out of this damn ship?"

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So what the hell happened?" Richard finally asked as they made their way down a now much larger hallway deeper into the ships hull. It seemed as though, by some miracle, their attack had gone so far unnoticed. 

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Steven replied with a smirk. There was no question that his voice had grown rougher, his body more aged and weathered. "But I suppose I aint' got too much to tell so let me begin. When our camp was attacked those of us left standing were gathered into one of those large neck warships. They offered us a choice, as I mentioned before, either fight for them or…well…fight for them."

"Are there any others left?" Richard continued to question.

Steven shrugged, "Beats me. I think I saw a few of the scientists on the first transport ship I was put on. After that I was pretty much alone-"

"Hey." Bacon interrupted, "I know you ladies are having a great time catching up, but I think we're close." 

"Yeah." Steven called back up the line, "The main lab is just around this next corner."

"Right. So how would we go about getting into this main lab?" Three asked.

The soldiers rounded the corner, a long window stretched far down the long hallway. Behind the glass was a strange landscape made of sterile metal tables, massive and complex equipment and bulky mountain like computers. A multi-sized and multitiered walkway wound its way around the laboratory, giving limited access to the smaller races though it appeared that the only species capable of actually using the equipment were the Neko or the larger of the Marlek races. 

"There is a human entrance about a mile down this hall." Steven said, "The trip down to the floor will take a good hour."

"Well we don't have that kind of time." Bacon said with a sigh, "I figure they know what we did to your ex-comrades back there so how about we take a slightly speedier approach."

"What did you have in mind-" Steven started, though nearly fell backwards as a powerful singe shot erupted from Bacons canon. The class wall in front of them splintered around a foot wide hole, the butt of Bacons weapon crushing out an opening wide enough for them to climb through. 

"Alright boys, let's get a move on. Newbie-"

"Yeah?" Richard responded.

"Not you. Him." Three responded nodding towards Steven.

"Yeah?"

"If we were to destroy the main console, where might you suggest we start running?" 

"Beats me. I've never used this room before, hell I'm not even aloud to be in here." Steven said as he climbed through the shattered opening. 

"Figures." Three muttered under his breath. It was only now did he notice a trio of Neko's draped in smooth white coats huddled over two metal tables in the distance. They faced the small humans with a shared look of surprise, with perhaps a hint of anger. One of the men, presumably the leader, made his way towards him.

"What do you think you are doing?" He demanded in a thick accent.

"Five." Three started, "No time for explanations."

The sniper nodded, hoisting his rifle to his shoulder and taking quick but careful aim towards the Neko. He stared back at them, seemingly unaware of the firepower that these particular humans wielded. There was a monstrous crack that echoed throughout the cavernous laboratory. The large Neko recoiled and went to react, but as the massive slug ripped its way through his skull his body short circuited. A stream of red rushed from his left nostril as his body collapsed to the floor.

A male and female Neko remained huddled over the far tables where two bodies lay motionless connected to some strange machines. The male made a break for the doorway at the far end of the room. He was caught by a firestorm of bullets, his lab coat ripping as his skin became pocketed with metal. With a scream he lunged towards the doorway, his fingers clutching a white metal lever as he fell.

"Shit." Bacon grumbled as a high pitch siren screeched around them.

They turned their attention to the female Neko who stood with her arms shockingly held beside her head.

"You!" Three screamed.

"Y-Yes?" She stammered.

"Come here." 

The Neko nodded, her feet shuffling across the floor towards them, "Please don't hurt me." She whimpered, "I just do what I'm told. I swear." She pleaded, her fingers trembling as they pushed a thick strand of dark brown hair from her eyes. She corrected her thick spectacles, her green eyes darting from one solider to the next.

"We'll let you out of this room." Three continued, "Only if you take us to the main console."

The Neko nodded furiously, "Yes. Yes of course." She wiped her palms on her pant legs before presenting them to the soldiers as a platform.

"No funny business." Bacon warned, "Or we'll have you on the floor with your buddies." 

The Neko whimpered again as she nodded, her eyes briefly scanning the two bodies of her former coworkers. Once the soldiers were sitting on her hands she quickly rushed towards a large computer on the far wall. 

"O-On top or below?" The Neko asked nervously.

"Below. And open up that large square panel by the floor." Three ordered. 

Richard glanced over his shoulder towards the table. His eyes widened and his blood ran cold. He rubbed his eyes to make sure his mind was not deceiving him. The woman on the table was all too familiar.

"Kikata…" He gasped. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"How did you do this?" Richard asked looking around himself as he was once again tiny in Kikata's hands.

Kikata shrugged, "I don't know. i can explain to you the ins and outs of flying a Guard ship but when it comes to my own brain I couldn't tell you how I manage to breath. Sometimes I guess I just flick the right switch." She said with a smile, "I didn't want to fool myself in here…with you know…you being the same size as me."

"Made things easier." Richard offered, leaning back against her palm.

"Maybe…but on the outside it won't be that way." She grinned, "Besides, this is the you I fell for." She raised her hands to her lips as she gently kissed Richard upon the chest. She felt a cold wind lick at her neck, she lifted her head to see a large white landscape. She glanced down to her side and saw the ruined human science camp. 

"Huh." Richard huffed, "Brought us back to the first place we met?"

Kikata laughed, "I guess so…"

"Do you think there was any spark here?"

"You mean did I feel anything about you at first sight?" She shifted her gaze to the side as she thought, "Maybe…just a tiny bit. How about you?" She asked, her smile creeping across her lips once again. 

Richard laughed, "Maybe up until the part where you opened your mouth."

Kikata threw her head back and laughed.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hey." Richard called up to the Neko as she lowered her hand to the floor. 

The Neko lowered her gaze towards the remaining solider on her hand, "Y-Yes?" 

"Take me to that table over there." He said.

"Hey six I think we've-" Three started.

"This is important." He snapped.

"Oh okay fine. Chill buddy, takes one man to set explosives anyway." 

"Alright. Take me there."

The Neko nodded, lifting herself back to full height and taking Richard towards Kikata's body. 

"God dammit!" Richard shouted, "What are you doing with her?"

"S-S-She-"

"Shut up." Richard groaned, "Can we still…Is she…"

"Can we wake her?" The Neko asked tentatively. 

"Yes." 

"M-Maybe…I mean…I would think so." The Neko glanced towards the male hooked to the computers on the second table, "He was supposed to administer the final product over an hour ago, and his signs had suddenly dropped to zero."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Richard questioned.

"She must have resisted it somehow…so in theory if I remove the cables-"

"Then take them out!" Richard ordered. 

"Y-Yes sir." The woman stammered. She walked around the table, taking out a series of three tubes lodged in Kikata's neck one by one. "It might take a few minutes for her to come to." 

"Alright." Richard said, his fingers clutching his weapon tightly as he stared down towards Kikatas slumbering face.

"S-So…who is she?" 

"Her name is Kikata…She is a Nova Guard…" 

"They tell me that everyone we put under is a criminal." The woman continued, almost apologetically, "I doubt it mostly…but please…understand that if I do not put them under…then they might put me under…" 

"I can understand that." Richard said softly. 

There was a brief minute of silence before the Neko spoke again, "If you do not mind me prying…is she more than a guard to you?"

Richard thought for a moment, "She is more than my own life."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata gripped her neck, her brow furrowing slightly, "Ouch." She grunted.

"What's wrong?" Richard asked.

"I don't know, just suddenly my neck started to throb." She winced again, "And my arm…" She twisted her free hand before her face. She began to feel dizzy. "I-I think I need to lay down."

"But you are laying down?" Richard responded, his voice echoing around her.

"W-What?" She asked, trying to move her head from side to side but found that her body would not move under her will. "Richard? Richard? Where are you?"

"I am here."

"Where?"

"I came back for you, come on. Wake up."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata gasped, her eyes shooting open as she sat up. She groaned as she gripped her forearm, "God…" She forgot where she had been, what she had dreamt, but it soon flooded back into her mind. "Richard?" She asked, turning around to see a dark haired Neko staring back at her. She lifted her arm slightly towards Kikata.

"Hey." A voice called from her hand.

"Richard!" Kikata gasped, her uninjured hand reaching out, "How is this possible? Where are we? What are you wearing?" She asked examining his new, downgraded armor. 

"We are in their main ship, back on that planet where we first visited after we met. Our team is about to break down their defenses so we can get the hell out of here."

"Our team?"

"U.N.S.S. Look it's been a long day, I can explain this all later." 

"Hey six we need to get a move on." A voice called through the radio inside the helmet pinned to Richards side.

"Excuse me, but ma'am. Your armor is over there." The Neko offered, pointing towards a white a blue metal pile ageist the wall. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hot damn." Bacon laughed as he watched the mountain of blue and white armor lower towards them, Richard perched upon its outstretched hand. 

"How can I help?" Kikata's robotic voice asked.

"Carry us to a safe distance?" Three offered with a shrug. We've got enough charges set to take out a city block." 

Kikata nodded, lowering her hands down to lift the small soldiers, "For once I'm the odd one out, huh Richard?" Kikata said with a giggle.

"What's she talking about?" Steven asked with an arched brow.

"Long, long story." Richard said as Kikata carried them to the opposite end of the Laboratory. 

"Okay, let it rip!" Bacon cheered.

Three nodded, flicking the safety off his remote and pressing in on the red trigger. The group watched as the computer erupted from the inside, a tall pillar of black smoke rising from the charred remains.

"You know." Kikata started, "I could have done that with my foot." 

"Yeah, but that was cooler." Richard offered.

"True enough." Kikata laughed. "So, do we have a plan to get out of here?"

The soldiers shared glances before shaking their heads, "Nope. We're basically winging it." Three said. 

"Good work boys." A gruff voice called through the radio. 

"Zero!" Three gasped in relief, "We thought we lost you."

"Oh only for a few minutes." Zero laughed, "Main gate is open and the flood waters are comin' in." 

"And the locals?" Three questioned.

"Scatterin'. I suggest you make your way to the floor." 

"Roger that Zero." 

"Get any of that?" Richard asked Kikata.

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Hey, scientist." 

"M-Me?" The Neko asked nervously.

"Yes. Can you kindly point us in the direction of the exit?"

"Will I be given safe passage?" She asked.

"Just keep your hands up and don't pick up a gun."

"Okay." She nodded, "Follow me."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kinata winced as she tried to hold the soldiers steady in her hands. "I think my arm is broken." She groaned.

"You're doing fine. Just a little further." Richard urged her as they followed the Neko through the panicked hallways, no one seemed very pressed to stop them. 

"Right there!" The Neko shouted, pointing towards a tall pillar of light, signaling the exit ramp.

A dark figure emerged before them, "Hold it!" It's snarled voice ordered, a massive black canon pointing up towards them. "You thought it would be that easy?" The Marlek laughed, "Sorry to burst-" His victorious speech was cut short when suddenly a cloud of red mist burst from the creatures chest. With a gurgled cry of pain the Marlek keeled over. Behind it rose a strange robotic figure that stood about half it's height. A large cannon served as its arm.

"What the fuck is that?" Bacon gasped, "It's…beautiful." He laughed, gazing upon the metal structure. 

"It's a fucking mech! I knew the rumor was true!" Three cheered as Kikata approached the metal figure. 

"Hello boys." Zero's voice called out. The metal visor of the mechs circular torso slid upwards, revealing the general. The old man had a wide grin plastered upon his lips, a half finished cigar puffing away.

"Sir! Am I ever glad to see you." Three called back.

"M-Marcus Zero?" Kikata stammered.

"The one and only." Marcus said, swinging his arm outwards. 

Kikata kneeled down before him, holding the soldiers eye level to the general. Her own visor opened, "I-It is an honor, sir, I have followed you since I was a child!" 

"Always happy to meet a big…rem…fan." Marcus said with a nod. "But before we get too excited I got one more bit of grave news." He eyed the soldiers and Kikata sternly, "The enemy, in their desperation, have unleashed their noxious weapon inside of this very station. The bottom floors are infected and it is said that they will be top side any minute."

"So we better get a move on then? Is there a transport ship coming?" Three asked. 

"The pick up is going to be waiting about two miles outside this station, which is set to be destroyed within the hour."

"Well then." Three started, "I guess we really better get a move-" He was interrupted by a sudden thunderous noise from the main entry into the base. They turned to see a sea of bodies flooding towards them, their rasping cries and hungry eyes, gnashing teeth and clawing hands and claws rushing towards them like a living wave.

They opened fire from Kikata's hand as she was only helpless to watch and wait for someone to tell her what to do. The powerful guns from the mech unleashed a blinding river of firepower into the mob, making a very visible dent in it's progress.

"Get out of here!" Marcus yelled, "I will hold them off!" 

"Sir, let me do it! You need to get back to the ship!" Three pleaded.

"Boy, you will do as you are ordered and the big miss's is goin' to make sure of that!" Marcus growled, a familiar feeling washing over him. One he had experienced so many years ago as he set his men off to return to base. But this time was the real deal. This time he knew that his time had finally come to die a glorious, hero's death. "Go on! Get out of here!"

Kikata nodded, turning towards the wide open exit behind them. Her feet thundered across the floor and her tired and worn chest heaved rapidly. Her lens began to fog with each breath, the fans inside working hard to keep her vision clear. She turned back to see the mob surrounding Marcus, the hero of so many legends and movies. Somehow it seemed almost too fitting that it would be him that finally saves the day.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Marcus turned to halt the ones that slipped by him. His feet were locked in strong and it would take some serious power to pry him from his current position. As the bodies fell he saw the Npva Guard racing out of the station.

"One minute sir." A female voice called to him.

Marcus chuckled, there was no getting out of here. He reached into his uniform, pulling from it a thick mat of dog tags. They have weighed so heavily on his chest for so many years, "Tell my wife and my boys that my last thoughts were of them with love." 

"Sir?"

"My men are safe. And this war dog is goin' to finally get what he deserves." 

"I-I"

"Just…make sure they don't make another one of them god damn movie's about this one."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata skidded to a halt, "Is he coming?" She asked, her arms wanted to rise up over her head so she could breath clearly. 

"He aint' comin'" Bacon replied somberly.

"I see." Kikata said softly as she knelt down. "This is the pick up, yes?"

"For us." Three said, hopping back down onto the icy surface with a grunt, "I'm not sure if the craft is built to house…rem…well you know someone so-"

"I understand. I will drop a distress signal." Kikata glanced towards Richard and smiled, though he would not see it behind the thick visor. 

"Alright. So everything is settled." Three sighed, "Not the prettiest mission I ever been on-" He felt something grip his hand, a small weight leaning on his shoulder. He looked over to see Five resting his head there, their hands interlocked, "Erm…Five…I don't know custom in Japan or China or wherever your crazy ass came from but this isextremely weird for me."

Five lifted his head, tilting it to the side slightly before pushing his fingers underneath the helmet. A waterfall of black hair fell from the helmet as it rose, everyone nearly gasped as Five's true face was revealed.

"He's a she!" Bacon shouted with a mixed sense of laughter and shock. 

Five smiled, "You don't think a girl could shoot so hot?" She said, her smile widening into a large grin, "I leave the mask on to keep you boys from getting distracted. Army tell me that for the best." Her accent was still very clear, but the fact that she spoke english at all left the soldiers rather startled. 

An explosion interrupted their display. Everyone turned back towards the base as a large white and black cloud rose from the earth, soon followed by a billowing flame. They stood silently, each hoping they might see the great war hero rise from the ashes like he seemed to always do. But this time he had gone down with the ship, just as he wanted. 

"Kikata!" Richard shouted from the ground. A black streak raced towards them and all around them as the debris plummeted to the earth. The smoking hunk of rock fell like a meteor from the sky. She went to turn but it all came so fast. There was a crushing sound of stone meeting metal, Kikata's figure went rigid before slowly falling to one side.

"No!" Richard screamed, nearly falling back as her titanic figure fell to the earth. This wasn't happening. After all they had been through, after everything he had promised. He raced up the side of her body, her legs and arms stiff and motionless. "Kikata! Kikata!" He shouted.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata groaned, her vision was filled with whiteness. All except from a blinking red light in the corner of her screen. "Emergency, armor lock down" It read.

"God dammit." She muttered, unable to move as the armor had braced itself for the impact. She could still thumb through the display, she opened her visor, "I'm alright. My armor just locked up."

Richard climbed onto her shoulder, "Thank fucking god." Richard said with a sigh. They listened as the human pick up vessel dropped out of the sky.

"Hey six!" Three yelled, "Are you coming?" 

Richard glanced up towards Kikata and smiled, "No, sir." He jumped down to the earth to face the rest of them. "I've got business here now, thank's for pulling me through there alive."

"And me." Steven said. He approached Richard with a grin. "Well. I guess you will have to tell me the story online."

"I guess so." Richard said, shaking Stevens hand strongly, "You stay out of trouble."

"I aint goin' anywhere near trouble for at least another year." Steven sighed, "Need a damn haircut though." 

Richard nodded as they began to climb into the ship. He saluted one last time as the gates closed as the ship raced back into the skies. He turned back towards Kikata, hardly able to believe all that had happened. 

"Climb on in!" She said, "The distress beacon is down, but at least get out of the cold." 

"Just don't eat me." Richard laughed as he scaled the armor. He finally flung his feet inside the visor and dropped down onto Kikata's cheek.

"No promises." She giggled, though winced as the pain throbbed up her arm again. She closed the visor around them, feeling the little patch of warm on her cheek that sent a similar sensation all through her body, "You came back for me…"

"You sound surprised?" Richard said with a grin, looking out upon the lovely hills of Kikata's face. He leaned back against her soft, warm cheek." 

"After today anything is possible…" She said, "I have never experienced so much…I don't know…emotion before. I mean when it all started I was filled with so much vigor. You know…I was leaving the station to go get you."

"You were going to come for me?" Richard asked with a laugh.

"Yes….it was actually Kina who inspired me to do it, in a strange sort of way. And you're right, she wasn't all that bad. But anyway…I was filled with this just great emotion that I was really going to do it. But them the transmission came in from here and well…I got shot down. Exactly how I had always feared. And from there it was the single worst experience of my life. But then, as I woke from a familiar dream I woke to see you standing over me."

"Well I had a promise to keep."

"That you would never hurt me?"

Richard blinked…"Yeah. So…you remember now?"

"In a way." Kikata said, "I love you Richard."

Richard was almost too overwhelmed to respond, "I…love you too Kikata."

Chapter 51 by Ginbug

Kikata blew a steady jet of warm air between her lips as she sighed, her golden eyes scanning the darkening skies above. She smiled as she took notice of the tiny movement against her cheek, the warmth of Richards body seeping down into her skin. She could not have dreamt of such a perfect moment..yet it was a moment brought about by soul shattering pain and despair. To face death and over, and even here laying in the middle of an icy landscape with her entire fate resting upon a distress beacon. It was strange to be on this side of a disaster, to be the one in need rather than the one coming to aid. 

"I've never seen a sky like that." She finally said in a low voice, just slightly over a whisper. 

"What do you mean?" Richard said, he almost had trouble fighting off sleep as he lay upon the soft skin of her cheek.

"It's just so clear." She said, her eyes gazing out into the stars that were only hidden by the occasional gray cloud. It was just turning night but most of the night sky was visible to them, even the clouds held a slight pinkish hue on their edge from the suns final light. 

"Yeah. No light pollution at all." Richard replied. He chuckled to himself as a thought emerged, "Hey Kikata?"

"Yes?" 

"You suppose I'm pretty safe in here, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean what could possibly harm you? Maybe if I were walking you might bounce a little...but I figure you are pretty safe. Why do you ask?"

"Well. It just struck me as odd that no one thought to recommend carrying the tiny individual, you know, in here. Rather than scaring them to death swallowing them whole." 

Kikata blushed slightly, realizing how obvious it seemed to them now. A smile creased her lips before she broke out laughing. "You're probably right." She finally stammered, "I guess our first meeting could have been a lot smoother."

"And dryer." Richard added. 

"And you are kind enough to not mention the smell." 

Richard shrugged, "Compared to where I have been, your stomach smells like roses." 

Kikata giggled again, "Oh, thank you. Best way to flatter a woman is by complimenting the aroma of her insides." 

Their playful chat was interrupted by an oddly familiar voice, "Kikata?" It asked. A guard ships engines could be heard roaring somewhere over Kikata's head, snow and ice began to kick up around them.

"Prila?" Kikata called into the radio.

"Oh thank god." Prila gasped in Neko tongue, "We found your ship but saw you must have kicked out the window."

"Not me." Kikata said.

"Then who?"

"Long story. Please come get me off this ice please?"

"Can you walk? Are you injured?" The voice asked, two shadows soon engulfed Kikata's motionless form.

"Injured, yes, but that is not why I am laying here. My suit has locked up and wont disengage. The damn thing must be fried...I assume you are with Fisc?"

"Right." Fisc voice chimed into the conversation. A guard soon appeared in front of Kikata, leaning down to grab her legs.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Ah, ah! Careful, careful!" Kikata urged as Prila gently removed her shoulder and arm armor. 

"Oh wow, your arm is swollen pretty bad!" Prila gasped as she set Kikata's armor aside.

Kikata winced, "Yes, that happened in the crash. I was lucky to be honest."

"We've got a setting wrap." Fisc said jumping up and making his way towards his supply crate. "So what happened? And what is Richard doing here?"

Kikata smiled towards Richard, "He came back for me...and saved my life in the process."

"With some help." Richard added, "A miraculous stroke of luck really. For the circumstances anyway." 

Prila winked at Kiakta, "Seems as though fate had plans for you two, huh?" 

"I guess so." Kikata said softly. "Long story short I was hit by a EMP and crashed pretty bad into the ice. They took me in and tried to put me under...but luckily I was able to resist long enough for Richard to show up." 

Prila nodded, pulling away Kikata's final scraps of armor, "Okay. And Richard?"

Richard shrugged, "Well. I decided I wasn't ready to go home...so I did a little asking around and got myself teamed up with U.N.S.S. We broke into the base, got the shit shot out of us and eventually we ended up in the lab where they held Kikata." 

Prila shook her head, "I can't believe all that has happened. This is the last time I let either of you two out of my sight."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "I just hope I never have to see a gun again. Is it all over?"

Fisc nodded slowly, "It's safe to say that the majority of the New Order leaders are either dead or in custody. They say some regions haven't even heard of the attacks at all. We were just caught up in the worst of some strange cult group that got a little too powerful and a little too trigger happy." 

"What a universe we live in." Kikata huffed, "Kill off a few thousand people and you don't even make-" She grunted as Fisc tried to gently put the setting wrap onto Kikata's arm, "Front page news." 

"Well. It made news almost everywhere." Prila said with a sigh, 

"Where did they even get a hold of those weapons?" Richard asked.

"They had a bunch of old military connections. People who have served in other rebellious groups before, such as the force that had invaded Earth all those years ago. With so much space to hide they can disappear for a while and theres no real hope of weeding them all out for good. We gotta take the punches when they come."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata had trouble placing herself in all the events of the past day, even the past year, with the face she saw in the reflection of the mirror. She would wince occasionally as the device around her arm would constrict around her injured arm. 

"So you going to turn the water on or?" Richard began, looking up from the sink.

Kikata shook her head, smiling towards him as she leant down, "Richard I-" She took a deep breath, "I am a mess of emotions right now. But...there is one feeling that is persisting over everything else." She gently took him back into her hands, "I want to act out on them for once in my life. I don't want to push away feelings anymore...I want to live in the moment. In this moment I can't think of anything more that I would want than you. All of you."

Richard stared into Kikata's eyes as she spoke, once again the event seemed so familiar, "So...are you really ready for this?" He asked, "And do you care that Fisc and Prila are sitting right outside?"

Kikata glanced at the door, "They already know I'm sure. Or think they know."

She set Richard down on the counter before rising back to full height. Her anxious fingers gripped the zipper by her neck, slowly drawing it down over her chest, across her stomach before it came to a rest a few inches below her navel. She smiled, her cheeks growing warm and red as she slipped the jumpsuit off her shoulders.

Richard looked on in awe as Kikata revealed herself to him, so he began to do the same. As she kicked away her suit she lowered her hands for him, he climbed on excitedly though he still had one single doubt. 

"Kikata. You are sure about this? I made a promise to you-"

"I don't care about that anymore...for all I care I could never marry. All of that culture and spiritual stuff seems like nonsense to me now. Now that I know love like this." She finished her sentence in a whisper, her head leaning forward and gently pressing her lips against him, the strange embrace that can only be shared by Human and Neko. 

She turned towards the shower, her free hand reaching inside to turn on the water. She couldn't help but feel a little nervous, she was really going to do it this time.

Richard was a little surprised as they entered the misty chamber. The water that swirled around them felt like a heavy, warm rain. It was not as powerful as he imagined it might be. It was as if Kikata had stepped into a tropical rain storm. 

"Nice in here." Richard commented.

"So relaxing...it's perfect." She replied as she lowered herself to the floor. She couldn't wait any longer. She rose her hands back to her lips, kissing him gently at first. As  emotions rose so did her actions, her tongue slipped from between her lips, unsure of what she was doing but Richard seemed to enjoy it. She tasted him as she had never done before, in fact before she had always done her best to ignore the taste. But now she was almost absorbing him, getting every little piece of him in contact with her flesh. She could feel his throbbing member against the tip of her tongue as she lapped at him lovingly, it was so strange yet it felt so incredibly right.

Kikata only pulled away as Richard reached his peak, smiling at him widely with only love in her eyes. Richard was nearly overwhelmed by it. It was a look he had never received before. With Kina it was lust, but with Kikata it was so much more. 

"So...now you?" Kikata asked nervously, her hands already starting to lower towards her untouched flower. 

Richard nodded, "Yes. Just let me take over, I just need help inside." 

Kikata bit her lip, lowering him between her legs nearly squirming with a mixture of nervousness and excitement. She gasped at the first touch, a warmth spreading from between her legs to the rest of her body. She watched with wide eyed anticipation as he pulled himself within her, "Oh...my..." She panted, unable to comprehend the feelings as he moved within her. Her fingers had to be careful not to move him deeper too vigorously, she must remind herself to always be gentle. 

To Richard he was inside of a sort of soaking, warm tunnel. It was noticeably narrower than Kina's. He gripped the slick walls as best he could before getting himself completely inside. He worked hard to make sure it was as pleasing as possible, his arms growing sore as he slid them up and down, back and forth, any direction that the confines of Kikata's vagina would allow. He would feel her finger tip against his legs occasionally, and occasionally a moan that she would quickly stifle. 

When all was finished Kikata sat in the warm waters with Richard cupped against her cheek. "I love you..." She whispered.

"I love you too...I cannot describe how happy you make me." Richard said.

Kikata nodded slowly in agreement, "Let's never run away from each other again..." 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"That was a long shower." Prila said with an all knowing grin, though she did Kikata the favor for not teasing her with the specifics. She knew that it was not playful sex they were having, not like her and Fisc. 

Kikata blushed still, "It was a long day." She said, setting Richard on the table. She glanced towards the pilots chair as Fisc entered in coordinates. "I'm not ready to go back." She groaned. 

"Neither were we." Prila said with a mischievous grin, "So I suggested we take a different route." 

Kikata blinked, "You mean...we're not going back to base?"

Prila shook her head, "That one planet you visited sounded so lovely...Fisc said you couldn't stop raving about it's tranquility. So I requested we go there."

"Besides, I think I might have left some stuff in my old ship." Fisc called over his shoulder. 

Kikata grinned widely, "Oh...you guys thank you so much."

Prila shrugged, "Hey. Least we could do. And as of right now I could live with a discharge..."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata nestled herself into the pilots chair, Richard held in her hands as they gazed out into the stars, "We are so small." She whispered.

"Speak for yourself." Richard grunted.

Kikata smiled, "That was wonderful before...I have never experienced anything like it."

"Not in the real world anyway." Richard added.

"True." She laughed, "I can't help but wonder where we are headed."

"I thought they told-"

"No I mean...large scale. What is this life going to lead to?"

"Certainly not children."

Kikata nodded, "I can live with that." 

"I don't know how your parents will feel about it."

"I can live with that too." 

"You will have to put up with my mother."

"I am looking forward to it." She said, a large smile creeping across her lips. 

"The rest is uncertain I guess. We'll just have to float along and see where the ride gets us."

"Together." 

"Yup."

"I can definitely live with that."

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2043