Tales of the New World by MrSirk
Summary:

Different entertwining stories from a world much like our own yet incredibly different. 


Categories: Violent, Adventure, Young Adult 20-29, Couples , New World Order, Crush Characters: None
Growth: Titan (101 ft. to 500 ft.)
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: The Following story is appropriate for all audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 39561 Read: 85352 Published: February 17 2014 Updated: June 29 2014

1. Chapter 1: Arrangement by MrSirk

2. Chapter 2: New by MrSirk

3. Chapter 3: The View from Below by MrSirk

4. Chapter 4: Cold Morning by MrSirk

5. Chapter 5: Runt of the Litter by MrSirk

6. Chapter 6: What Defines Them by MrSirk

7. Chapter 7: Friends Like These by MrSirk

8. Chapter 8: Elevation by MrSirk

9. Chapter 9: The More Things Change by MrSirk

10. Chapter 10: Plight of the Common Man Part 1 by MrSirk

11. Chapter 11: Plight of the Common Man Part 2 by MrSirk

12. Chapter 12: Seriously Dangerous by MrSirk

13. Chapter 13: A Day in the New World by MrSirk

14. Bios by MrSirk

Chapter 1: Arrangement by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

First Chapter of some new story idea. I had no idea what the title should actually be. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 1: Arrangement

                Jack couldn’t stop shaking. He knew what was about to happen; he’d known for month’s but still nerves were setting in. He felt a hand brush his shoulder and soon his face was brought down to his mother’s shoulder.

                “Calm down, sweetie.” She said. “You only have to meet her.” She let him go with a warm kiss on his cheek. She continued to prep and straighten his outfit. It was a blue silk robe with gold trimming that matched his eyes.  She tightened the sash around his waist and patted out the wrinkles. Still he shook in anticipation under her caring hands.  She worried for him, but knew this was for the best. Soon his future would be secure.

                “What if she doesn’t like me?” He asked. “She could crush me or EAT me!”  Jack looked down at his mother. She had long blond hair and kind eyes. Evelyn was a widow of over forty but still looked twenty-five. She was short, and cute, and everything a woman was supposed to be.  Why couldn’t he marry a woman like her instead of some monster?

                “She’s not going to eat you.” His mother comforted.

                “But she could!” Jack declared. “Or any form of other countless things.” He could feel his heart beating in his chest and his muscles tense at the thought.

                “She won’t.” His mother continued. “This is important for her too.”

                “But.” He tried to defend.

                “No buts.” She cut him off still keeping her calm tone. “Now go. You’ve kept her waiting long enough and remember to knock first.” She turned her son toward the door giving him a light pat on the butt. He turned to look at her on last time, his eyes strained in a silent plea. “GO MISTER!” she said raising her voice ever so slightly. Jack sighed in defeat exiting the room. As the door closed Evelyn took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. She knew he wouldn’t like it but she knew it was for the best.

 

                The floor in the hallway was cold to the touch. Jack shivered as the evening air blew into his robe. He didn’t understand why it was all he could wear.

“It’s tradition.” His mother had told him countless times.

“Whose tradition?” he thought. Certainly not theirs, his family was mostly Italian on his father’s side mixed with Swedish from his mother, and even that didn’t matter since they had lived in America for the last two generations.  He squealed slightly as another gust blew through the hall cooling his undercarriage. Why did they have to suddenly conform to this new family’s lifestyle?

He lingered in the hallway. It was truly massive the ceiling hundreds of feet from the floor. Each wall was adorned with huge candelabras that light the area with candlelight. He passed a table that was easily the size of a one story house. It was clear everything was made to the scale of the host family. He wondered if he would have to live here if he went through with the arrangement. He didn’t look forward to living in a house where he was the size of a mouse.

He continued down the empty hallway until he came to a large door the handles of with were stories above him.  He pushed the door in a vain attempt to open it. He knew it wouldn’t give.  He sighed to himself and knocked like he was told. Suddenly he heard a creek and a small door opened up about ten feet away from him. Two maids dressed in similar attire to his own emerged and beckoned him to enter.

Jack was taken off guard. He hadn’t expected to see other normal sized people besides his mother. He followed the pair with measured apprehension. The door led to the other room outside deck overlooking the backyard garden. It was dark except for two similar candelabras on each wall. He looked out and could see the stars shining in the sky and something else; a massive figure silhouetted against the moonlight.

Jack gulped. “Is that her?” he questioned.

“Yes.” Spoke one of the maids.

“Mistress Liana has been expecting you.” Said the other as she motioned towards a blue pillow.

“Sit please.” The other maid spoke. Jack complied going down to his knees. He looked up in terror at the giant shadow lurking at least a hundred feet above him.

“Now presenting master Jackson Wyatt Tolli” both maids spoke in unison. Suddenly the shadow moved and something vaguely similar to a hand came toward him.

“This is it!” Jack thought. A giant pale hand came into the light and rested palm up in front of him. Jack looked on cautiously. The maids bowed in reverence at the hand. Jack looked down at one of them. She returned his gaze with a head motion beckoning him to climb on. He took his first nervous step was suddenly snatched, being wrapped in the warm fingers before being pulled into the darkness.

The sudden motion was frightening and Jack instinctively screamed in surprise. Then panic set in as his world went completely dark as the massive digits entombed him. He pounded at them hoping his tiny fists would at least register. Suddenly the fingers opened and he was washed in a bright light. He shielded his eyes and stepped backward into one of the fingers.

“Please don’t eat me!” he begged. Suddenly his world shook as the hand vibrated. He heard a loud booming sound strangely familiar to a giggle but like everything else on a much larger scale.

“Why would I do that?” Came a voice from above. It was loud and powerful, yet soft and warm not unlike his mothers. Jack opened his eyes letting them adjust to the new light. Soon his vision cleared and he was confronted with the giant face of Liana Bretmiss last daughter of the Bretmiss royal family and quite possibly his new wife.

 

Liana couldn’t keep from smiling. The Tolli fortune and influence was going to cement her lineage for generations. She looked at him shaking nervously in her palm. He was everything she could have hoped for; rich and from a powerful family. It also helped that he was cute and young with his short dark hair and exotic yellow eyes.  She had long ago resigned herself to marrying some fat man decades older than her to keep the security she deserved, but with him she was sure she would have a progeny of adorable offspring. She hadn’t expected marriage to a “normal” to fall into her life plan but she had decided to give her mother a chance. She had to admit she couldn’t have done much better herself. He had the best of both worlds. The money and influence of an “elevated” family yet as a normal he was weak and easy to control. She wouldn’t have to use sex or blackmail to get what she wanted from him. He wouldn’t dare disobey her. He was perfect. She knew in an instant. She was in love. 

 

End Notes:

More tags to be added later. I probably won't update this ever. 

Chapter 2: New by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

Okay so when I said I wouldn't update I was lying. Don't judge me! Back off!

Tales of the New World Chapter 2:  New

                “Where are you?”  Greg read on his phone. She never used to worry this much.

                “I’m on the corner of Wilkes and 42.” He responded before shoving the device back in his pocket.  Almost immediately his phone vibrated again signaling another text.

                “Are you waiting for the bus?”

                Greg grumbled. “OBVIOUSLY.” He typed in big bold letters. He pulled his jacket around tighter bracing himself against the morning air then another rumble.

                “I’ll come pick you up! J”

                He winced. He didn’t want to her to pick him up. It was too embarrassing.

                “You don’t have to” before he could finish his text a loud boom reverberated through the air above him followed by a gust of wind. Fuck. She was already there. Greg slowly turned and look up floating five feet off the ground was his long term girlfriend Ramona Sanders.

                “Hi, Red.” He mumbled his cold breath visible in the air in front of him.

                She floated down to the ground landing silently next to him. She was wearing a simple white nightie that barely passed her waist. Greg just shook his head.

                “Aren’t you cold?” he asked though he already knew the answer. Ramona had elevated and among many other things it gave her strong resilience to the elements.

                Without a word she wrapped her arms around him. They were firm and defined muscle bulged out. It was slightly unsettling considering that she had been small and slightly overweight for most of the time he knew her. Now he had to look up at her; even if it was only by a few inches. He considered himself lucky. He’d seen couples that had their partners turn into giants on the news. He didn’t need that headache. Soon he was lifted completely off the ground and cradled in a princess carry.

                “You know I’ve taken the bus before?” He grumbled at her trying his best to look annoyed.

                “It’s dangerous for a normal guy like you out here all by yourself. “ She said in a mock baby voice. “Besides why waste the three dollars sitting on a crowded bus for a half hour when I can fly you home in a minute for free. “ She gave him a pouting look.

                “Fine.” He relented. There was no point in arguing when she got like this, but they would have to talk eventually.

                With his permission Ramona slowly rose into the air before taking off toward home with an audible boom and a gust of wind.

                Greg was glad he hand worn layers. He had almost forgotten how awful the wind chill was when she flew him around. It blasted in his face and he had to close his eyes. Instantly his face was pressed into Ramona’s bosom. She must have sensed his discomfort.  He had to count his blessings Ramona’s transformation had given her some other pleasant endowments. He wouldn’t admit it but there were parts of her little rides he enjoyed.  As soon as the ride had started it stopped and Greg could see them hovering over the balcony of Ramona’s downtown apartment some thirty stories up.

                “I thought you were taking me home?” Greg remarked.

                “You are home.” She smiled letting down gently onto her patio. “I moved your stuff in.”

                “You what!?” Greg snapped rushing inside. Sure enough all over her apartment were boxes and some of his furniture scattered about. One of his ACDC posters was framed and hung on the wall, a box marked games was open in the middle of the living room. His new PS4 that he’d waited two hours to get was currently plugged into her flat screen running My Little Pony on Netflix: a guilty pleasure.  “Why would you do this?!”

                “Come on don’t be like that.” She defended. “We knew this would happen eventually. I just expedited the process. Or did you plan on living with your parents forever?”

                This was becoming a problem. Over the last six month’s he had been seeing a whole new side of Ramona. She was no longer that quiet nerdy outcast he had bonded with in middle school. She was confident now, outgoing and commanding, and incredibly domineering even if it came from a place of love. When she’d first turned he was sure they would break up. That’s what a lot of people did. More and more elevated people were instead seeking each other out; wanting to be with their “equals” yet a lot chose to stay together. His mother and father did. It seemed that so did Ramona and at first he was grateful but it seemed even that had come with its own problems.

                “You could have asked.” Greg said noticeably peeved.

                “I was bored.” She wined. “I have nothing to do anymore.”

                Greg nodded in slight agreement. Ramona logged data for and advertisement agency. With her newfound abilities what was once hours of work logging polls, sending emails, and collecting survey data had become a triviality leaving her with an increasingly free schedule for other ventures.

                “Besides your parents seemed pretty happy about it.”

                “Why wouldn’t they.” He thought to himself. His mom had been dropping hints for weeks. He knew they were trying for another child and him being around was becoming a hindrance. He was uncertain at the prospect of having an elevated younger brother or sister.

                Greg tried to get angry. He really did! But he relented. What else could he do? It was pointless to fight the changes happening in his life. He was constantly feeling less relevant, less of a man. He removed his coat and just fell backward into a wall letting the new realization sink its way in.

                “Please don’t be mad at me baby.” Ramona pouted. In an instant she was across the room toward the kitchen another instant she was in front of him naked except for a few choice applications of whipped cream. “I made dessert.” She tried with an awkward smile.

                Greg couldn’t help but laugh as his girlfriend stood arms agape in a clumsy attempt to look sexy. She had changed but in many ways was still the same awkward and unintentionally hilarious girl he knew. It was definitely going to be difficult to be a normal in this new world, but maybe with her it would at least be fun. 

 

End Notes:

Will see these couples again later. 

Chapter 3: The View from Below by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

I just keep updating this story. Hopfully now I've gotten the message and wiill just STOP! Anyway here's a new chapter with some interesting info I guess. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 3: The View from Below

                Mary hated her job. As she sat idle at her desk she could only reminisce of the time when she had actually enjoyed her work. She used to be a teacher a guide for the next generation. She had loved spending her day mentoring her third grade class at Sherwood Elementary. She was fairly new but she enjoyed her class and her energy had more than made up for her inexperience. She’d even won an award for best new teacher that year, but that was two years ago before she was deemed unfit. She was a “normal” and the administration feared she could no longer control a class of primarily elevated children. Now she was a hand maid and personally secretary stuck working twelve hour shifts answering calls, jotting down messages, and otherwise catering to literally the biggest bitch on the east coast.  A bitch she had the misfortune of calling “friend”.

                She reached across her desk toward a pile of different envelopes all addressed to Emily Walters. She fingered through the massive pile that mostly consisted of fan letters for anything of immediate relevance. There were two bills and a special pearl white envelope with golden borders and Emily’s name embossed in elegant cursive. Mary sighed. Emily had been invited. Reluctantly she pressed a button on her desk phone and was instantly connected to Emily’s personal cell.

                “Hello?” she heard in the overly chipper voice of her childhood friend. It always impressed Mary just how normal she sounded through the phone. It was almost like she had just called up her friend for a chat back in college, but she knew better. Things were different now.

                “The letter you’ve been expecting has arrived.”  Suddenly a loud squeal echoed throughout the entirety of Emily’s two story, eight bedroom Midwestern style townhouse; all of which had been retrofitted to match her boss’ new “perspective” followed immediately by loud tremors that even shook the foundation of the sizable night table that Mary’s workstation was located on.

                Then the door flew open a large gust of wind flowing through the room scattering Mary’s papers and knocking her chair backward. She grunted picking herself off the floor. She looked down and noticed she had broken a heel on her new 300 dollar stilettos. Great. She knew she shouldn’t have worn them to work. As she continued to pat herself down and straighten her hair she purposefully prevented herself from looking up and engaging. She could already feel the warmth emanating from her massive friends excited breaths but still she dawdled. Stringing Emily along was one of the few perks this job had and maybe the last thing that reminded her of their previous dynamic. After a few more teasing seconds she finally lifted her head to greet Emily Walters a class 2 elevated being, but not just any class 2, she was the largest class two in America recorded to date. Topping off at a nearly 200 hundred feet or so it said on her feature in “The New Wave” televisions number one reality show documenting the lives of elevated beings.  It was actually 186.35 but 200 was more marketable.

                “Can I help you ma’am?” Mary recited in her most professional business voice. It was overly sterile with just the slightest bit of British she had inherited from her father. 

                “Is it really here?” Emily asked in her booming tone dipped in schoolgirl excitement.  She moved her face forward scanning the minute papers strewn across her desk. Water was dripping from her blonde locks soaking the table in droplets that were to Mary were massive orbs that formed ankle deep pools.

                “Careful ma’am.” Mary warned. “You’re getting them all wet.”

                “Sorry!” Emily’s voice boomed in sudden fear. She immediately backed away from the table and Mary noticed that she was completely nude except for a massive towel that clung tightly to her soaked body. She took a seat on her giant four poster bed looking on her tiny secretary with childish eagerness.

                Mary had to hide a smile. At least elevation hadn’t changed Emily completely.

                “Well?” Emily urged.

                Mary immediately snapped to attention scanning for the letter. It had blown clear across the table and she had to sprint to pick it up. It was fun teasing Emily but she only had so much patience these days and she definitely didn’t want her to throw one of her fits. She finally reached picking it up in her left hand. She turned it over to see it sealed with an emblem burned into the paper. That was old fashioned. She gingerly peeled it open revealing a letter with more golden cursive printed on high gloss paper; pink decorative flowers decorating the edges.

                It read. “Dear Ms. Emily Walters,

 You have been cordially invited to attend the union of Liana Bretmiss and Jackson Tolli. We hope that you will choose to attend this joyous occasion on the morning of April fourth 2014 Kyoto, Japan.”

At the bottom it listed more detailed directions and a number to RSVP. As she read the brief message out loud Mary made no effort what so ever to raise her voice. Enhanced hearing and sight was a standard for class 2’s.

                “OH MY GOD!” Emily screamed unaware of the power her voice carried. The shriek was so loud Mary was forced to cover her ears.

                “I knew it! I just friggin knew it!” she continued. “What did I tell you Mary?! What did I tell you?!”

                Mary groaned. The question was clearly rhetorical but Emily still expected an answer. “They could never hold an event this big without inviting Emily Walters.” She said dryly. She had to hold back her contempt. The Tolli’s were easily one of the world’s richest families, yet each and every one of them was a normal un-elevated human being. She’d always seen them as the last line of defense, the final reminder that normal humans still had a place in this world. Now even they were merging with an elevated family. It was just another sign that normal humans were now the minority. This also translated into more work for her. She could already see Emily’s eyes gloss over as her head buzzed with different ideas.

                “Oh gosh! I need something to wear?” her boss gasped. “Have Winslow start on some new designs.”

                Mary hastily pulled out a small red notebook and began jotting down notes in shorthand. Emily often went into strings of orders she expected and expected her to decipher which took priority. She learned early on the price for being ill prepared, nothing harmful just very “inconvenient”.

                “Find out what the bride’s colors will be and make sure his new design compliments without clashing. Also get her measurements if possible. I need to know if I should wear heels. Then send me the alphas I want them on my desk in two days for approval. Get in contact with Martha I want to gloat and make sure she knows I also got and invite. Be sure to call and deliver my RSVP and try to find out what their serving. I’m also going to need a plus one find out if Ian’s schedule is open, if not I guess I’ll just invite Daniel. Either way send him and alpha too when he confirms; we need to be a matching pair. Oh I’ll also need a gift wear are they registered.”

                Mary paused her note taking to look over the invite. “It doesn’t say.” She informed.

                “Be a dear and find out when you RSVP and of course will need a barge for transport or maybe tickets on the San Marie.” She ended the series of elaborate instructions with her same eager smile. It made Mary want to deck her right in her perfect pearly whites.

                “Yes ma’am.” Mary chirped through a strained smile.

                “Thank you Mary!” she beamed. “I don’t know what I’d do without you. Would you mind coming in a few hours early so we can get a head start on the preparations?”

                Mary’s face strained even more. Emily was asking but by this point she knew it was really a command. She wanted to say no. That she worked twelve hours already and that this was crossing a line, but she couldn’t. She needed this job to keep a roof over her head. It was becoming harder and harder for normal to fine employment beyond manual labor. Truthfully she was grateful her friend had even thought of giving her this opportunity. Still it really fucking sucked sometimes.

                “Of course not.” She gritted out.

                “You’re the best!” she cheered the volume again hurting Mary’s eardrums. “Weddings are so much fun!”

 

                Emily rested on her bed many different roughs for her dress spaced out before her. She watched with mild adoration as her tiny assistant worked diligently cranking out new ideas fighting desperately against the fatigue that she wore on her face. Emily looked at her clock. It was a quarter to eleven they had been working for almost seven hours with no break.

                “Perhaps you should head home.” Emily suggested. “It’s getting pretty late.”

                “Are you sure ma’am?” Mary protested. “You specifically said you wanted alphas in two days.”

                “Of course I’m sure.” She insisted. “I can’t let my precious friend dropping dead from exhaustion.”

                Mary let out a forced laugh placating her comment. Emily had to force herself not to laugh. It was amusing how good Mary was at masking her true feelings. She didn’t have the heart to tell the tiny thing that as an elevated it was all too easy to see through her act. She shooed Mary off and had to chuckle as the secretary finally allowed herself the yawn she been holding at bay for the last forty five minutes.

                “I can give you a ride?” Emily genuinely offered.

                “Don’t worry ma’am I can get one if I really need to.” she assured. Finally gathering her things and exiting the room from her own personal door carved into the wall.

                It was so amusing now, just how easily the dynamic had changed. They had been friends since kinder garden forming a tight bond that lasted to this day yet in all that time it was clear Mary had always been the leader. She had been prettier, more charming and athletic, with a good personality that made her incredibly popular in later years. She’d never flaunted it, but then again she never had to. Life just seemed to naturally shine on Maryanne Sanders and this had always made Emily secretly resent her just a little. Then it happened during their senior year Emily elevated. It was unexpected especially to her family, that she of all people would have destiny shine on her. She had become part of the new class of beings and Mary had unfortunately been left behind to struggle with the last of the normal.

                Sometimes she felt bad for her friend. She had so much passion and drive. Two qualities Emily admired because she could never seem to emulate. Even after she lost her teaching job she didn’t give up resorting to volunteer work at a community center while working a day job at Taco Bell. She couldn’t just stand there and let her friend fade into mediocrity not if their friendship had meant anything. She offered her a job as a personal assistant and Mary swallowed her pride and accepted.

                She didn’t disappoint either. Mary was the consummate professional never once dropping her demeanor even when Emily would purposely tease her. She always managed to get her work done. Sometimes she would give her tasks she never expected to be finished just to get a reaction, just to see her façade shatter if only for a second, yet Mary would do them without objection.  She often had to resort to trapping her in situations where there was no right action just to shake things up.

                It was sad to see just how desperate her friend had become. She knew it was hard for a normal now but in Mary she’d seen just how much. She hadn’t said it yet but eventually she would let marry live with her. She would let her know she would always have a place to stay with her at the very least, but she wasn’t ready to yet. Mary was still too proud and way too valuable a worker. Besides it was still pretty fun teasing her and  being in charge for a change, finally being the one in the light.

 

Mary collapsed on her futon in the corner of her studio apartment. The bus ride had taken an hour and it was already past midnight. She’s almost wished she just stayed the night at Emily’s she was expected back in less than five hours. She cursed herself for not calling her sister like she had wanted.

Sometimes it was just too hard. She was the older one but her sister hand elevated to the very rare class 3. It was hard to see her and try and preserve the image her little sister had once looked up to. She didn’t even bother undressing as she kicked off her shoes and pulled comforter over her exhausted body.

 After finallymanaging to get some rust her phone beeped with a fresh text. She looked out her window and it was still dark out. 

“What now!” she groaned positive it was Emily with some spur of the moment idea. The text surprised her. It was one sentence and two words. “I’m out.” signed by her older brother Walter. Mary wrapped the covers around closer and started to shiver. 

 

End Notes:

.....Comment I guess?

Chapter 4: Cold Morning by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

I have some serious writer's block when it comes to title names. This chapter is called "Cold Morning" because it takes place on a cold morning. That's just lame.:(

 Tales of the New World Chapter 4: Cold Morning

                He sat in silence watching his daughter resting in her bed almost motionless not for the shallow rise and fall of her chest. When she slept she looked almost normal, she wasn’t though, not anymore. He checked his watch. It was 3:34 am he had to leave soon or he would be late. He brushed some of her shoulder length blonde hair from her eyes and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. He would miss her.

                She stirred opening her eyes slowly rousing from sleep. “Daddy what are you doing in my room?” she said in an annoyed slur still half asleep.

                “You came in late again.” He informed.

                She rolled her eyes letting out a bitter grunt. “Matt was throwing an elevation party for me okay? Geez I wish you’d stop getting on my case all the time.”

                “It’s not that sweetie.” He leaned in closer placing a hand on her cheek. “I-I just wanted to see you and let you know I love you, and I know you miss your mother and I’m sorry….I’m sorry I can’t be there for you like she can.”

                She grabbed his hand it was trembling. “Daddy…I’m sorry okay.” Her face immediately shifted from anger to concern. “I was just happy it finally happened you know. I know I’ve been a little out of control but there’s just so much I can do now. I promise I’ll try not to make you worry so much.” She wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug, all four of them. 

                He was surprised. He hadn’t expected this from her. She had been so angry, so bitter. He thought she hated him, resented him for not being man enough to keep her mother around. He was sure she was planning on leaving soon as well, but now she was being just as sweet as she had been as a child. It almost changed his mind.

                “Go back to sleep sweetie. Daddy’s not mad.”

                She gave him one last concerned look before closing her eyes and nodding off once more. He gave her one last kiss before leaving the room.

                As he walked down the hall he checked his watch again. 3:40. He had to get across town in less than two hours, he had to move. He hurried down the hall into his bedroom. In his dresser he pulled out a black six shot revolver with his left hand. He aimed it for a moment. His hand trembled and the sight shook back and forth. He had been practicing for almost a year but it still felt awkward in his non-dominant hand. Maybe it was just nerves. He checked the chamber it was loaded. He shoved in his left pocket. There was no going back now. Finally he grabbed his coat struggling to put it on as he left out the door. There was only one thing on his mind. Payback.

                Fresh air tasted so much better when you weren’t behind bars. Or in his case some diamond infused, unbreakable, synthetic alloy reinforced with six inches of solid steel. Just for good measure. Quite frankly he was insulted. He wasn’t that dangerous. In truth in was mostly a show, an unimpressive attempt at showing that the old form of government could still keep the piece in a world where the average person was now at least fifteen feet tall and could bench press a dump truck, or were like him and fell into some strange category that was beyond classification. That didn’t stop them though. Class 1: Was for elevated people who had mutations varying from suddenly growing wings to something as simple as hair that glows in the dark. The one thing that was unconditional was the significant increase in physical and mental strength, immunity to most diseases and some modest size increase that varied from individual to individual. The kicker was a lot of them still looked like normals. Class 2 is where it got interesting: Massive size increase was the common symptom. Interestingly enough it was also more common in women than men with a ratio of almost 30:1. He was designated as a class 3 just like his sister code name for “we aren’t even going to pretend to understand what’s going on.” He knew a class 3 in the joint who for all intensive purposes was invisible. He took advantage of the situation in the way one would expect. The real mystery was how anyone managed to catch him.

                He laughed. He learned quickly never play Shifty in a game of poker. He looked at the horizon. The sun hadn’t risen yet but light was already starting to break. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of menthols one of the only things he’d had on him when he was arrested. It figures they wouldn’t let him keep the twenty grand. He lit the tip and took a long drag. As he breathed out his face turned sour. They just weren’t as satisfying since he’d elevated. The taste of ash had dulled and he no longer felt the heat at the back of his throat. Still he continued now more for atmosphere than addiction he was a free man after all. Nicotine no longer worked on him. He crumpled the rest in his hand and tossed them aside kicking his habit for good.

                He reached into his other pocket and retrieved his phone the only other thing he had on him. He was surprised to find it still had service. He checked his contact list not sure who to call first.

                “Walter Sanders!” he heard his name shout into his ears.

                Walter Clarence Sanders!” the voice repeated with increased vigor.

                He winced turning toward whoever had addressed him. They already fucked up by using his middle name. “Can I help you?”

                “No I don’t think you can.” Suddenly a man stepped out from the tree line of a small forest that sat next to the road. He was wearing a heavy coat and looked to be in his late forties. He had a scraggly beard and looked like he’d been walking for quite some time. Walter wasn’t sure who this man was but he looked oddly familiar.

                “Well if you don’t need anything I will gladly be on my way.”

                “No!” the man shouted as he suddenly produced a gun from his left pocket. He pointed it at him and Walter could see his hand tremble with a rather weak grip. Then it came back to him.

                Walter smiled a toothy grin. “David!” he beamed. “It’s been awhile how are things? How’s your arm?”

                “Shut Up!” the man ordered brandishing his gun.

                “Come on David.” Walter laughed. “We both know you don’t have the guts. If you did I’d be dead and you wouldn’t be a human slot machine.”

                “I said Shut Up!” David welled. “I’ve changed. What you’ve done to me, to my life, I have nothing to lose anymore.”

                “Oh please.’ Walter dismissed. “Disabled people are capable of living perfectly normal lives.”

                “My wife left me you dick!” he raged. “She said there was no point being with a man who can’t protect himself.”

                “Well she is kind of a bitch, Dave.” Walter mused.

                “Shut up!” Dave repeated. “I’ve had enough.” He pulled back the hammer with and audible click.

                “Easy Dave.” Walter said raising his hands. “Let’s not ruin a nice morning. I mean look you’re the only one who bothered to even show up! Just put the gun away and we can go get a beer and talk thing out.”

                “You fucking asshole!” Dave pulled the trigger.

                To Walter it was all in slow motion the trigger pull, the flash of the muzzle, the bullet coming toward him. He smiled sidestepping the projectile as it flew past his nose at one sixtieth it’s normal speed.

                “You see Dave what did that solve?”

                Dave fired again. The bullet seemed to pass right through Walter.

                “Nothing.” Walter continued. “Violence solves nothing. That’s what I learned in prison.”

                Dave fired again and again emptying his gun. Suddenly Walter was on him only a few inches from his face. Instantly Walter’s hand was around his throat and Dave was lifted a foot off the ground.

                “It is pretty fun though.” Walter chuckled with a sinister smile.

                “You see David. This is why your wife left you. This is why she cheated on you for 3 years. Your obsolete Dave, weak, old, pathetic.” Walter looked Dave in the eyes. His face was resolute and determined even as tears started to well. He had to give the man credit, he had more balls than most normals. It would be so easy to just snap his neck and be done with it, but he wasn’t worth the jail time. He wasn’t worth anything. “I’m sorry I took your arm Dave.” He tossed the man aside with a hard thud. As he did his coat fell off revealing a stub where his right arm used to be. “Next time be smart and just stay out of our way.”

                Walter continued toward the main road with an amused grin. That wasn’t who he’d been expecting to see upon his release but at least it was entertaining. He went back to his phone browsing the contact list once more.

                “Who to call, who to call?” he thought. He was fairly certain none of his family would want to take him in. Then in a flash an idea crossed his mind. He would have to thank Dave he had all but forgotten about her. He went down the list to the letter M. She would take him in not because she wanted to but because she wouldn’t really have a choice. He pressed the button and texted the simple sentence. “I’m out.” It was about time for a reunion with his other “normal” little sister.

 

 

 

End Notes:

It you've ever played the hilariously awful game Rogue Warrior it would please me it when you read "Payback." you imagined it was Mickey Rourke from the voice of that games character......Oh and comment or something I guess that's important. 

Chapter 5: Runt of the Litter by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

I'll earn that half star back eventually. Anyway time to meet Tyler.

Tales of the New World Chapter 5: Runt of the Litter

                Unlucky, that was the word that best described him. As Tyler lay on his back he stared grimly at his ceiling tracing the cracks as they ran through connecting with other cracks that spread in a web pattern. Streams of light poured through his window covering the room in a striped pattern from the blinds. It was morning but he didn’t want to get up and face the day, face his life. Then his room shook. He grumbled turning over in his bed. It shook again. He pulled a large pillow over his face to block out the noise. It shook one more time now with the force of an earthquake and he had to grab his headboard to keep himself from falling off. He looked on in anger as his dresser fell over and his bookshelf stuffed with comics, dvd’s and anything else a sixteen year old boy might have crashed to the ground.

                “I’m UP!” he shouted. “For Christ’s sake I’m up!”

                Then he heard the familiar crunch as pieces of drywall fell onto him from the ceiling and he could see more cracks appear adding to the web pattern. Suddenly his room was flooded with the light of day except for one singular shadow that draped over him.

                “Mom says it’s time for breakfast.” Said Sammy the youngest daughter of the Walters household, she was only five but still she towered over him and his room when she stood on her tiptoes.

                “Okay!” he spat irritated. “Just let me get dressed first.”

                “Righty-O, little bro!” she chimed before unceremoniously dropping his ceiling down with a hard thud. Suddenly a rain of dry wall fell covering him, his bed, and virtually everything else in a thin layer of itchy crust. Ryan hated when she woke him up she was considerably less gentle than his other sisters.

                Tyler quickly got dressed putting on a pair of swim trunks and a loose fitting black tank top grateful it was the weekend and he didn’t have to bother getting dressed for school. After putting on a pair of ankle socks he headed for the door. He turned and looked back at his room. It was a mess. In the course of thirty seconds his sister had managed to completely trash it. Her wake-up call had created a carnage that would take him hours to clean. And would anyone help? No. He reached down to pick up a collector’s edition pewter dragon he had sniped off an auction on Ebay. The left wing had snapped in two. Yes unlucky was the perfect word indeed.

                Christine Walters busied herself with the eggs. Each one of her five children preferred them in a different style and being a good mother she took the time to make each. For Megan two eggs raw in a glass of milk. Her little athlete always went for a morning jog and needed something she could eat on the go; easy enough. For Lauren sunny side with plenty of red pepper, she was just like her father in so many ways. Sam got scrambled mixed with everything but the kitchen sink and just a dash of honey for sweetness. Emily was home for once so she got her eggs poached with just a dot of ketchup. For Tyler one tiny hardboiled egg simmering in a miniscule pot in the corner of her electric stove. She fished out a pair of tweezers she kept in her apron at all times and gingerly place it on a normal sized plate for him to enjoy. When she was finally finished she took a deep breath.

                “Breakfast’s ready!” She shouted in her standard sugary tone.

                Immediately her children flooded the downstairs kitchen. Megan of course was first.

                “Thanks mom!” she said downing the whole drink in one swig before rushing out the door for her jog.

                Next was sweet little Sammy. She rushed over to hug her mother around the leg.

                “Good morning angel.” Christine smiled. “Did you get your brother up?”

                “Yes!” she chirped brightly.’

                “Are you hungry?”

                “Yes!” she repeated with a grin. Christine could see the gap in her mouth from a baby tooth that had fallen out a week ago.

                “Then go eat!” Suddenly Sammy squealed rushing over to her seat at the table.

                Then Lauren and Emily emerged from upstairs.

                “Hey mom.” Lauren grumbled eyes half dead. She wasn’t a morning person just like her father. She grabbed her plate and a glass of orange juice. Once she sat down she immediately buried her face in her tablet checking on the day’s news.

                Then she was embraced from behind and lifted up in a hug.

                “Good morning mom!” Emily beamed placing her back down.

                Christine smiled looking up at her oldest daughter. It was always a pleasure to see her. She was often so busy and never seemed to have the time to live in her own house.

                “Thank you.” Christine said looking up.

                “For what?” her daughter smiled down.

                “For letting us stay here.” Her mother elaborated. The family house was still being remodeled and it would take another three months at least.

                “Please mom I have plenty of room.” Emily bent down to pick up her plate and took her seat at the table for some reason laying her chest on the top.

                Now only Tyler was missing. As if on cue a small ding was heard in the kitchen. On the counter next to the sink two metal doors opened up and out emerged Tyler her pride and joy. She reached over extending a hand for him to climb up on causing him to instinctively recoil. He looked at her and she could see the apprehension in his face.

                “It’s okay honey?” she reassured. She couldn’t blame him she was the last in the family to elevate. For the longest time it was just him and her living in their old home while the family bunked at Emily’s. Then one evening less than a month ago she elevated. In the night while they both slept a sudden wave of heat surged through her body and it expanded almost instantly flattening half the house with it. She had been grateful his room was on the other side and they had even managed to salvage it from the wreckage. Now she looked down on him like everyone else in the family and the bond that hand been so close seemed to widen every time he saw her. She could tell he felt betrayed.

 He cautiously took a step onto her hand and she used her index finger to help him up. She knew he didn’t like that he was now shorter than even her fingers but she couldn’t help but smile a little. She enjoyed having her little man in her hands were he was safe and protected. Plus he was just so adorable like when he was a baby. She chuckled before giving him a light kiss on the forehead before placing him on the table. Then she went to grab her own plate of eggs a simple scramble with onions and spinach and went to eat breakfast herself.

                Tyler sat with his legs crossed next to his mother the top half of his head covered in her saliva. He peeled the shell of his egg and took a bite as he watched his family go about their meal. His mom went all out, not only had she made each of them their favorite egg dish but in the middle of the table was a large platter containing a giant stack of pancakes and waffles. There was also bacon, apple slices, toast, and a large picture of orange juice arranged around it. If everyone where still normal it would have been enough food to feed the entire family for a year. He wasn’t sure where to start first. He rose to his feet and all at once every member of his family stopped what they were doing and focused on him. Well everyone except Lauren who was still deep into her tablet.

                This is what Tyler hated the most. It was hard enough being the only man in a family of women. It was made even harder when every single one of them elevated to the giant class 2, but none of that truly bothered him, at least not as much as the way they all acted around him. Even his mother who was with him the longest now treated him like he was made of glass.

                “What do you want little guy?” Emily asked.

                “Need anything honey?” went his mom.

                “You can eat off my plate.” Sammy informed.

                Even Lauren who was normally aloof took a minute to peak away from her tablet to check on him. It was so annoying.

                “Just let him be!” said a new voice. It wasn’t very loud and went almost unheard.

                “What?” Emily asked her cleavage.

                “None of you realize just how obnoxious your being.” A woman emerged from Emily’s robe. She was in what looked to be her late twenties, had red hair tied back into a ponytail, and was dressed in blue pajama’s with purple ponies and rainbows on it. She looked tired like she hadn’t slept much. The woman slumped toward the platter of bacon ripping a piece off to nibble at.

                “Emily!” Christine said her voice suddenly harsh. “You didn’t tell me Mary was visiting.” Her face immediately switched from scolding to sweet as she went to address the tiny women. She always liked seeing Mary. Besides being Emily’s best friend the woman had been a huge help in the moving process and helping the family cope with their new elevated status as well as managing Emily’s celebrity career. As far as Christine was concerned their hospitality was the least she deserved.  

                “Can I get you anything dear?”

                Mary’s face was unreadable. She shook her head as she continued to peck on her piece of bacon. “When I need something I get it myself.” She walked over to Tyler placing a hand on his shoulder. “Right Tyler?”

                He smiled happy to have someone understand him. “Right.” He agreed before heading toward the pancakes. He grab at a piece with hand. It took considerable effort but he managed to yank off a piece twice the size of his fist. He looked on to inspect his handiwork to see his portion wasn’t even a corner of the pancake as a whole. It was personally amazing. He was learning in school that radiation from the sun was making food grow to insane sizes but it was humbling to see the result in such a common way.

                For the moment the family just sat and ate enjoying each other’s company. Tyler sat in front of the pancakes just observing and listening to idle chit chat. Lauren was going on about how Tolli manufacturing stock had increased yet again, Emily seemed locked in some rather serious conversation with her secretary, and mom was busy cutting Sam’s waffle and listening to her talk about how she was going on a field trip to see the Hensen crater and hoped she could sit next to Ryan a rare class 2 boy the family knew.

                Suddenly the side door burst open. It was Megan back from her jog. As she stood for a moment jogging in place Tyler was certain only he and Mary could feel the tremors from her foot falls.

                “How was your run sweetie?” his mom asked.

                “It was…good.” She answered before taking a seat at the last remaining spot on the table. She was right in front of Tyler and could see the bead of sweat glisten on her body and her soaked sports bra cling to her chest.

                “What are you looking at squirt?” she asked staring down at him with a smile. Tyler didn’t know why but he liked her the most. Maybe it was because they were so close in age her beating him by two years but she seemed to treat him the most like a person. She brushed him aside with her wrist causing him to slide across the slick wooden table and into Sammy’s hand as she went to reach for three pancakes including the one he’d just ripped a piece from.

                “Megan!” his mom gasped. “You need to be mindful of your brother!” she chastised.

                Sammy laughed. “Hey that looks like fun!” Before Tyler could react she pressed two stubby fingers into his chest pinning him before sliding him across the table once more. He continued at a much faster velocity right past another plate he tried to reach a hand out to grab it and maybe stop himself but he was going too fast and inertia caused him to spin around in circles before finally idling in front of Lauren.

                “Sammy don’t do that!” Christine warned.

                “But Megan did it.” The young girl defended.

                Lauren for her part hadn’t been paying attention and absentmindedly slid her cup of juice over to make room for her tablet. She was startled by her hand bumping into something but it was too late and Tyler was sent flying once more.

                “See even Lauren’s doing it!” Sammy whined.

                Now going even faster Tyler slid across the table in a blur no longer certain where he would end up next. Then his collided with something soft and warm. He was surrounded on two sides by warm pliable material and his face turned red when he realized where he was.

                Emily blushed as she fished her brother from her prominent cleavage. She looked down and could see he was just as embarrassed. He stared up at her nervous as her hand loomed over him. She’d seen him sliding across the table and was excited it was now her turn. She looked to see her mother glare at her with disapproval but she didn’t care. It wasn’t fair everyone else got a turn. She couldn’t hide the mischievous smile from her face.

                “Remember that time you put worms in my shampoo bottle?”

                Tyler in fact did remember. It was a harmless prank and over five years ago. Still he couldn’t help but laugh at the memory of her scream when she went to shower that morning.

                “Maybe?” he said playing coy.

                “Well consider this.” She pressed her index finger against her thumb.

                “Please sis, you wouldn’t.”

                “Payback.” She flicked him softly yet with enough force to send him clear across the long side of the table and into his mother’s waiting hands. She immediately gripped him tight in her fingers.

                “Are you okay sweetie.”

                “Please mom he’s fine.” Megan defended. “We were just having a little fun.” She put special emphasis on the little.

                “I’m very disappointed in all of you.” Christine snapped.

                Tyler’s face turned red in anger and embarrassment as Megan, Sam, and Emily laughed at their little game. He turned and could see even Lauren trying to hide a smirk. He’d played pranks on most of them when he was younger and he was sure they had enjoyed their little bit of revenge. Over protective one minute and patronizing bullies the next, why was his family so infuriating? When his mom finally decided to put him down he marched to the center of the table to retrieve his plate. He sat and munched on it with angry bites.

                “You guys are assholes!” He shouted. Everyone at the table recoiled slightly at his outburst.

“Sorry!” His four sisters said in unison. All at once they reached toward him and stroked him with their fingers in apology.

He just sighed knowing it was pointless to stay angry. He considered his situation. The one normal male in a family dominated by class 2 elevated women. He snickered unlucky was absolutely the perfect word.

 

                After breakfast Tyler waited for his mom to finish the dishes so he could be placed back on the counter and take the elevator back to the second floor and his room. It was exasperating having to wait for someone and he silently wished they would install a bridge or latter so he could walk around the kitchen more freely. Unfortunately dad was in charge of projects like that and he was currently overseas helping with some construction work for a wedding. Tyler had heard about it on the news and apparently is was a big deal. Megan seemed to sense his unease and soon Tyler found himself slowly rising into the air plucked by her thumb and index finger. With just as much care she carried him over to the counter and gently set him next to his door.

                Tyler was taken off guard but the sudden kind gesture. “Thanks.” He said with a tad of apprehension. He was still a little wary thanks to the previous rough treatment. He knew they were just having fun and he was in no real danger but that didn’t stop it from being scary or prevent his body from instinctively going into fight or flight by her presence.

                “Sorry squirt.” She said anxiously rubbing the back of her neck. “You know we’d never hurt you right? It’s just been so long since you’ve joined us like that, we wanted to have a little fun.”

                “I know.” He stated. “It’s just that-“ he stopped.

                “What?” Megan inquired.

                “I’m scared.” Tyler admitted. “I’m scared of everything, and everyone. Do you remember what it was like before you elevated?”

                Megan had to think back. She was the first one to elevate in the family and when she had it was still pretty new. Before that she’d only seen other class 2’s on the news so there was a degree of separation.

                “I guess I can’t really relate.” She gave him a somber smile.

                “It’s not you or them.” He said pointing to his family. ‘Here I know I’m safe but outside or at school.” He paused again shaking a little. “Last week a girl spent all of third quarter under another girls butt!”

                Megan recoiled raising an eyebrow at the new information.

                “It was an accident and the girl was a class 1 so she was fine but, anyone else would of died just because a student decided not to watch were she was sitting.” Tyler told his sister. She stared back completely focused on the story. “And I’ve been.” He stopped again catching himself. He wasn’t going to admit what was happening to him at school.

                “It’s okay Tyler.” Megan tried to reassure. “They have rules and stuff to protect you normals and you could ask mom to maybe transfer you to one of those schools or something.”

                Tyler winced at the thought of one of the schools for normal humans. They weren’t bad but most promoted an anti-elevated agenda plus he didn’t want to leave his friends many of whom were elevated themselves.

                “No, I don’t think I want to do that.”

                Megan sighed. She wasn’t sure what to say. She wasn’t smart like Lauren or compassionate like Emily. She saw her brother and cared for him but it was hard to see him as a person at least not the way she defined it now. How could she tell him it was safe and that he could still have a life when a large part of her just wanted to shove him in a box and keep him under her bed where he’d be protected?

                “I don’t know what to say squirt. It’s tough for you and it’s only going to get tougher.” She placed a finger on his head moving it in small circles. “But you’re a tough kid I know you can handle it. You can go anywhere when you graduate. There are still plenty of places where you can live a good life, and plenty of things you can do. So people can fly now, so some people are giants, so some people can move superfast and shoot lasers from their eyes.”

                Tyler rolled his eyes at his sister obvious exaggeration.

                “Don’t let it stop you.” She continued leaning down to look at him eye to eye. “And remember you have a whole family of giants ready to stomp flat anyone who messes with you.” She ended the statement with a toothy grin.

                Tyler looked at her feeling strangely better. It wasn’t the best pep talk but he couldn’t find it in himself to feel so bad anymore. He decided Megan was definitely his favorite sister. He walked back toward the door and entered the elevator. As it closed he saw Megan sticking her tongue out at him and scrunching her face in a sour look. Maybe he was luckier than he thought.  

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Quick thought: Last chapter Walter said he was sorry for ripping off David's arm but you know what? I don't think he was sorry at all!...I think that's enough new characters for awhile. Next chapter. JACK IS BACK!

Chapter 6: What Defines Them by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

Not much action this chapter just lots of boring DIALOUGE! Next chapter better have an explosion and chainsaw nunchuk wielding sumo ninjas.

Tales of the New World Chapter 6: What Defines Them

            The breeze crept in chilling the room in frigid morning air a keen partner to the dread that dwelled in Jack’s heart. One word had sealed his fate. One word had been his undoing. One word had definitively killed any pretense of his former life.

            It was so sudden, too sudden. For what seemed like an eternity he’d sat in her palm staring blankly as Liana’s breath warmed him against the frost of the evening air. They had said nothing. He was lost in her eyes an iridescent green that shimmered in the night. Then she said those four words.

            “Will you marry me?”

            The words hit him hard, a heavy weight upon his shoulders. He didn’t answer. He couldn’t answer. Could he live, could he love something so far beyond him? He was crushed under the pressure. Her eyes stared back expecting an answer, demanding one! He had to say something. He wanted to say something else. In the end he couldn’t defy her. Not when he could be so easily snuffed out. He was only a candle fighting against a hurricane.

            “Yes.” He whispered to himself.

            Her eyes flickered only slightly; a moment that would go unseen to anyone on her scale. To him it was her tell; a glimpse at her true intentions. What they were he did not know. Just one of many things he would have to learn.

            “I’m so happy.” She smiled a single tear streaming down her face, a tremble in her voice. It was a farce. It had to be. He couldn’t possible matter to her…could he? No he was a pawn, a pet. Her fingers encircled around him cuddling him in a warm embrace. Jack looked on in reverence. This was his home now whether he wanted it or not. His life was literally in her hands.

           

            That was a week ago. Things had moved quickly since then and the wedding was only a month away. Already invitations had been sent to a short and very exclusive list of celebrities and significant elevated persons. It was even televised. Jack didn’t want a public marriage and surprisingly neither did Liana but it was something both their parents had been adamant about.

            Jack rose from his makeshift bed. It was a small red pillow that had sat in the corner of Liana’s room. The room was quiet and calm as the morning rays were starting to break keeping the cold at bay. He took a deep breath stretching his arms and legs. He looked around. The pillow was itself on Liana’s massive bed. An expanse of soft fabric and silks spread out before him as far as the horizon. He immediately noticed the lack of his fiancé’s imposing form. For the past week they had been inseparable. They spoke very little but for some reason she insisted on carrying him around like an accessory. Apparently this too was tradition. They slept together, ate together, even bathed together to his great embarrassment. He hadn’t even been able to see his mother. Yet know he was alone.

            Jack appreciated the solitude. He needed time to think. Could he really go through with this? He knew what his family wanted, what his mother wanted. This was the smart decision; wed Liana and be taken care of for the rest of your life, but he didn’t want to be taken care of. He didn’t want to be the puppet of the Bretmiss family or Liana’s trophy. He knew this wasn’t only for him. It would help the family. It was going to cement the Tolli’s for the next generation. As powerful as his family was they couldn’t fight the changing times. Eventually they would be overtaken by an economy with “elevated interests” the only reason they were afloat for now was because his mother had the foresight to capitalize on this change and push the business toward retrofitting jobs to accommodate the needs of the new populous, but that would only last so long. Even now other businesses were popping up, some weren’t as good as Tolli but they were cheaper and that cut into their profits. The Bretmiss line would help further expand Tolli in the global market and shine light away from their “shadier” dealings in the past. But what did Liana get? This entire arrangement seemed to only profit the Tolli’s wouldn’t she be better off marrying some elevated aristocrat?

            Jack rubbed his forehead. He hated family politics. He stumbled toward the end of the bed. Looking he guessed it was at least a twenty foot drop. He sighed. He was trapped until Liana returned. Was this the rest of his life?

 

            Liana entered her room. The lights were out just like she’d left them, the bed was made just like she’d left it, and her little fiancé was laying on his pillow just like she’d left him. It was all so easy. She’d worried at first that he would dismiss such a sudden proposal but he was more passive than she could have imagined. She leaned down to her knees resting on her elbows looking down at him. He caught her eyes lying on his back. They stood there for a silent moment holding the eye contact. They were still in the courting period and she worried the bond between them would falter with her absence, even if it was only for a moment.

            “Hungry?” she asked breaking the silence. She received a light nod. She sighed he was still afraid of her. Fear would do for now but she hoped it would soon be replaced with something else. She wrapped her fingers around him lifting him from the pillow. Only his head poked out from the lock she had on him. His expression was blank then an almost untraceable smirk betrayed him. She smiled back. At least they’d gotten this far. She placed him on her shoulder with the utmost care. He grabbed one of her raven black locks as she left the room.

 

            The kitchen was empty much like the rest of the manor. The only other people Jack had seen were the two maids that he occasionally glimpsed in passing. It was still a mystery what purpose they served.

            “Are we the only ones here?” Jack asked.

            “Of course.” Liana replied as she cut up a potato into thin slices. “We’ll stay here alone until the wedding.” She placed the slices in a pan with oil.

            “I still don’t understand all of this.” Jack started to shiver. He’d have to tell her eventually. Let her know that he had doubts. That he wanted to call this whole thing off.

            “It’s so we can know each other.” Liana removed the crisps from the oil and lightly seasoned them with salt and garlic.

            “No I mean I don’t understand us.” Jack admitted. He took a deep breath. This was it. “I don’t want to get married.” He closed his eyes waiting for her giant hand to crush him flat. It never came. Instead he felt one finger brush softly against his back, then another wrap around his mid-section as she plucked him from her shoulder. He was placed on the kitchen table next to the plate of crispy fried potatoes and other fresh vegetables. She pulled up a chair and sat in front of him.

            “Then what do you want?” she asked in a calm tone. Her face was unreadable.

            “I want to be with someone who loves me.” He managed.

            “I love you.” She said, then the glint in her eyes.

            “You’re lying. I can tell.”

            She smiled.

 

            She’d underestimated him. He was perceptive and had more courage than Liana had thought. He would make a fine husband indeed. In a way she was relieved by his revelation. It wouldn’t be as fun if she didn’t have to work for it.

            “I’m not lying. I do love you.” She reassured.

            “We don’t even know each other.” He ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t believe in love at first sight.”

            “What’s to know?” She stated. “Anything important will be learned in time.” She picked up a crisp and broke of a tiny fragment. “Here.”

            Jack took the piece the size of his hand a bit in with a loud crunch. It was good. She had dodged that question easy enough. It seemed she wouldn’t be dissuaded.

            “You get nothing out of this.” He argued. “Won’t people look down on you for marrying a “normal”?” He raised his finger in quotation.

            “You’re giving more than you think little man.” She chuckled. “Your family leads the remodeling of the entire western hemisphere, that and a few mob connections for those who can’t be persuaded with money.” She smiled a grin that carried a hint of wickedness he hadn’t seen before.

            “Is that what this is about, my family’s wealth?” Jack lowered his head in disappointment. She was just like everyone else.

 

            “Yes.” Liana replied. “That’s exactly what it’s about.” There was no point in lying. It wasn’t like he could do anything. “I’d be a fool to throw away such an opportunity when it presents itself.”

            She could see the confusion on his face. That wasn’t the answer he’d expected. It was adorable.

 

            The information was hard to take but not entirely unexpected. Still it hurt to know she only saw him as means to an end.

            “Then how can you say you love me?” he asked.

            She smiled reaching for him. He recoiled in fear at this sudden motion and the terror of her predatory gaze.

            “You don’t get it. You’re giving me more than any person on this planet ever could. How could I not love someone so generous?” She kissed him on the cheek leaving a wet mark on his entire left side. “You’re my most prized possession, the greatest treasure I could ever have.”

            “Treasure?” He managed.

            “One I plan on cherishing for the rest of my life, as long as you remain valuable.”

            “What about the other things. I won’t be able to…I mean you can’t see me as a man.”

            This earned him a blush and a laugh.  “You’ve got a pair on you to assume so much already.”

            “But I thought.” Jack tried to continue but she shushed him with a finger to his mouth.

            “I’ve shown my cards Jackie, It’s up to you to prove your man enough for me.”

            Jack didn’t know how to respond. She was clearly toying with him now. “What if I don’t love you?” he shot. Her eyes widened in amusement. “What if I think I can do better?”

 

            Jack was an absolute delight! If nothing else at least he would be good conversation.

            “You really think you can do better than a princess?” She proposed.

            “You said it yourself the Tolli’s are an influential family. Plus I consider myself fairly attractive I could have my pick.” He gave her a smug look she didn’t know he was capable of. She couldn’t disagree with the statement. He was cute.

            “You talk as if you have a choice.” Liana grinned. “You’ve already accepted my proposal now that I have you I’m not letting you go.”

            “You can’t keep me here.”

            “Of course I can.” Liana disagreed. “Or have you forgotten the obvious.” She brought her face closer to accentuate the size difference. He step back bumping into her finger. She leaned in even closer bearing her teeth. She could see the terror in his eyes, even closer. He was sweating now. She blew on him frazzling his hair and knocking him over. She couldn’t stifle her laughter.

            “That’s not fair.”

            “Not much in life is.” She informed. He rose to his feet stepping toward her face. Then she could feel the sensation of tiny lips pressing against her. He continued to surprise.

            “I-I didn’t know what else to do?” he shook.

            “It’s fine. You are my fiancé.”

            “You’re the scariest women I’ve ever met.”

            “Just wait until you really get to know me.” She flashed him another evil grin. This time he smiled right back.

            “What now?” he looked up with childlike curiosity.

            She brought him to her chest burying him inside her modest cleavage. Of course to him they must seem massive. After a few moments his head popped out and he took in an eager breath. His face was beat red.

            “How about I show you the rest of the house?”

 

            Stolen. That was the only word to describe it. Liana Bretmiss had been stolen from him. Arthur Warner seethed in anger at the invitation he held in his hand. This was the ultimate insult and invitation to watch the woman that was to be his wife, marry some “normal” trash. He hadn’t believed it when he’d seen it on T.V. It must have been a rumor he was sure. But the words embossed in gold were proof enough. He was certain she would marry him. He’d been courting her for two years. Even if she was thirty years his junior as a class 2 male he was her only real option. He’d never thought she would sink to such a low. He wouldn’t allow it.

            Arthur stared at the letter. Jackson Tolli the man who took away his prize. Her money, beauty, and youth were all snatched away by this bratty, little, spoiled shit. Arthur made a decision. He pressed the button on his intercom.

            “Ms. Daniels.”

            “Yes, sir.” Answered his secretary.

            “R.S.V.P my attendance for the wedding, tell them I’m coming early. I want to help with the preparations.”

            “Right away sir.” She answered.

            He would make sure this wedding never happened. Jackson Tolli would die.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

What will happen next? Probably not chainsaw nunchuk wielding sumo ninjas. But you never know!.... Comment if it so pleases you. 

Chapter 7: Friends Like These by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

I was originally going to do another chapter staring the Sanders siblings but that's getting a little heavy so I'm going to take more time with it. That's bad news for you Walter fans and good news for you Tyler fans! 

 

Tales of the New World Chapter 7: Friends Like These

                Tyler woke in darkness and an overwhelming sense of dread. He could hear the tremors of his wake-up call already and his entire room vibrated with increased intensity. His roof lifted far more gently than he was used to and soon he was looking at the face of Lauren wearing an expression that seemed to match the way he felt inside. He knew if one of his older sisters was waking him up that only meant one thing.

                “It’s Monday isn’t it?” he dead panned.

                “Yeah.” She grumbled in exasperation. “Whoopty damn doo.” They shared a look connecting in the mutual disdain for weekdays.

                “Be ready in fifteen minutes.” She yawned. “And expect Pop-Tarts for breakfast.”

 

                After the chime of the elevator door closing behind him Tyler was greeted with the not entirely unfamiliar sight of an empty kitchen. It was the weekday so his mom was off taking Sammy to school and Emily was surely off busy with whatever work being a celebrity involved. This left either Megan or Lauren with the responsibility of getting him to school. Megan often ran in the morning incorporating her jog into her route to school. Tyler was adamantly against waking up that early so more often than not that meant Lauren was his ride.

                This had its pros and cons. While this meant he got some appreciated extra hours thank to them both having a healthy respect for sleep it also meant a meager breakfast. Lauren didn’t have the innate sense of caring or household duty his mother had nor the health and fitness mindset Megan had. It was often a trade-off between sleep and a balanced breakfast.  He grumbled as he grabbed the Pop-Tarts fresh from the toaster. He scanned the counter until he found a brown bag with his name on it next to a red thermos. He smiled. At least his mother had the foresight to prepare a decent lunch. He looked inside and was pleased to find a whole orange, a bag of Doritos, cut baby carrots and what looked to be a foot long meatball sub. He was constantly impressed by how his mother managed to prepare his meals at her new scale.

                He could hear the tremors as Lauren came down the stairs looking very much the typical home body. Her hair was a mess and she was still dressed in an oversized shirt and the loose boy shorts she often slept in that barely went past her butt cheeks and were skirting the line on what constituted decent exposure. This normally didn’t bother him except she walked him to school which meant the entirety of Westmont high regularly got a nice look of his sister’s goods. His guy friends were not shy in telling him it was often the highlight of their morning.

                “You ready?” she groaned offering her palm. He sighed excepting the fact that appearance was something she generally didn’t care about. He was surprised she’d even bothered to put on sneakers.

                “I guess when you’re over a hundred feet tall it doesn’t matter how many horny boys get a peek at your cooch.” He thought. He climbed into her expecting grasp and soon enough they were out the door.

 

                The morning was a warm one which might explain Lauren’s loose appearance if only barely forcing Tyler to remove his black jacket. The walk wasn’t very long but Lauren had to take caution. They lived in a mixed neighborhood so amongst the retrofitted homes were tiny normal residents. They were sectioned off but there was still the possibility of her crushing a car or bus if she wasn’t careful. Tyler couldn’t really complain and it did give them both a chance to catch up. Sometimes it was the only time they ever spoke during the week.

                “How’s school?” Lauren asked with mild interest.

                “It’s school.” Tyler replied. “Books, teachers, girls, bullies, the standard stuff you see on TV.”

                “Bullies?!” Lauren eyes opened a little wider. “You want me to?” She trailed off but Tyler knew what she was insinuating.  He suddenly felt a little scared knowing even the threat of being crushed under her shoe would deter almost anyone.

                “It doesn’t happen to me so much!” Tyler half lied. He was lucky enough to have a few elevated friends but it was getting rough for normal students who weren’t as fortunate and truthfully no normal really escaped. “People know about you guys and that scares most away.” He gritted his teeth in a nervous smile.

                “Okay Ty.” Lauren accepted but he could tell she knew he was hiding something.

                Lauren came to a stop which meant they had reached the school gate. It was giant even to Lauren which was important considering the nature of over half the student body. She pressed her hand against it in sauntered through to be greeted by a massive flood of students of varying sizes scurrying around her ankles, or knees, or waist, or in a few occasions eye level. They all took a moment to glance at the disheveled class 2 that had joined them before most went back to the idle morning chit chat.

                He looked up and could see his sister’s pupil’s move about scanning the area they then focused as she headed towards the east side of the building. Westmont was a direct result of the government’s new legislature involving education for the new generation. It like most schools was now mixed and under heavy renovation. The once single story school was now a massive multiple story city Tyler could only compare to the Vatican. This was not only accommodating the new height of the students but the massive influx of fresh attendees. Rumor was the campus would even absorb some colleges. Over half the children in the city went to Westmont; the other half went to Eastmont the sister school.

                Lauren eventually reached her destination a small balcony on the third floor and sight of his first class. The school ran on a floor structure. The smaller students regardless of grade had the upper levels that circled around the ground floor that was dominated by class 2’s. This however didn’t discourage students scurrying underfoot on the ground floor from a need to interact with class 2 friends which led to some “incidents” and fortuitously no deaths.

                “You okay here?” Lauren asked.

                “Yeah.” Tyler nodded before turning.

                “I’ll be back at 3:30.” She informed.

                “Mom’s not picking me up?” Tyler questioned.

                “Sammy’s got that field trip today remember?” Lauren reminded. “She won’t be home till after 5.”

                Tyler face palmed from his ignorance. Sammy had been yapping non-stop about her field trip for weeks. Soon Lauren was off toward home giving eager students the pleasant view of her shapely backside and Tyler was left to start his day.

                And boy did it. Tyler could swear he felt her shadow before he saw it. He wanted to scream but knew it was pointless. As soon as Lauren had exited the campus and rounded the corner he felt her grasp upon him. He was instantly lifted in the air and was greeted with a tan face, the blue eyes that were perfectly round and slit at the corners, the button nose, the white teeth with a small gap in the front, upturned evil smile, and the dirty blonde hair pushed back by a pink head band. He sighed to himself. It was Sheila.

                “Fuck.” He cursed under his breath.

 

                “I hope he’s okay.” Rain professed to her worried friend. The sensation of four arms being wrapped around her was still new but she was happy she could be a shoulder for her friend to lean on.

                “The cops didn’t say much they just found him collapsed next to a prison.” Amanda managed through worried sobs. “He’s in the hospital!”

                “They didn’t say he was dead did they?” she asked.

                “No but they didn’t say he wasn’t!” Amanda wailed.

                “Where is he?” Rain probed.

                “At county general.” Amanda spoke. “Oh god! They don’t have any of his medical information!” her arms wrapped tighter and suddenly Rain was off the ground.

                “Calm down I’m sure he’s fine.” She reassured. “You shouldn’t worry too much until you know for sure what happened.”

                “They said he had a gun!” Amanda cried. “What if he’s been shot?!”

                “Calm down Amy.” Rain patted her friends head. “We’ll go visit him after school together.”

.               “You’d do that for me?” her friend asked.

                “Of course.” Rain smiled. “But now we should really get to class, plus your kind of squeezing the life out of me.”

                “Sorry!” Amanda released her grip dropping her normal friend to the floor. The two girls parted ways to their morning classes that were in the opposite direction.

                Rain was a normal girl. Normal by societies standards anyway and she had absolutely no problem with it. Even as her friends and family elevated around her she was more than content with herself and her place in society. Since she was little she’d been fascinated by Indiana Jones and the like and as far as she was concerned being a 200 foot giant would  only make exploring undiscovered caves and temples more difficult. When the people around her sprouted up or learned to set things on fire with their mind she didn’t bat an eyelash and for the most part the more things changed the more they stayed the same. Amanda for all her newfound power and confidence was still a neurotic little daddy’s girl at heart and no amount of extra arms would change that. Then there was Tyler her best friend. His entire family had elevated but he was still the dimwit she’d known for years who refused to pick up the hints she’d been dropping since middle school.

                There was only one thing that truly bothered Rain in this new world she found herself in and that was bullies. She’d hated them before elevation and that disdain only grew as some of the worst people she knew were suddenly given power. It kept her up at nights and lately was even taking a physical toll on her. She could feel her body tense and ache at the sight of it. Did being elevated really make you so much better? More often than not she found the opposite to be true. If you were an asshole elevation only made you a bigger one. She shook her head. These thoughts weren’t helping her they only served to anger her and feel her with pent up frustration and energy. She even felt her muscles bulge and tighten with a vigor she hadn’t experienced before.

She rushed down the hall to her first class advanced algebra. It was a boring class with the one exception. Tyler was in it. She relaxed at the pleasant thought of sitting next to him and soon she was brainstorming ideas on how to bridge the gap from best friend to girlfriend. She doubted any would work but she was a glass half full kind of girl.

“You never know what could happen.” She thought as she rounded the corner. She froze at the sight before her and ground her teeth. She could feel her body tense back up all most instantly.

“Fuck.” She cursed under her breath.

 

“What do you want Sheila?” Tyler spat at the class 2 blonde. Their little morning meetings were becoming a standard operating procedure he was quickly growing tired of.

“Homework tiny.” She smiled.

“You’re a class 2!” Tyler growled. “And on the dean’s list, can’t you think of better things to do than bully a normal into doing grade school math you could do in your sleep?”

“I would.” She mused. “But my times way more important than that and frankly making you do it is more fun.”

Tyler sighed. He knew she was only doing this to fuck with him. It would’ve hurt less if she weren’t so cliché about it.

“So you’re just being a bitch?” Tyler shot.

“Watch it Ty.” Sheila gave him a squeeze that pushed the air out his lungs. “It’s a status thing. My times more valuable than yours now, It’s only makes sense that you normals are kept busy with grunt work so we can attend to more important matters.”

“That’s bullshit.” He defended.

“That’s life.” She justified. “I don’t see what your complaining about it could be so much worse for you.”

“What!?”

Sheila huffed at him in annoyance. “You really are thick aren’t you?” she gave him a disappointed sneer that Tyler didn’t understand. Was he missing something?

“Put him down Sheila!” Tyler heard in a familiar voice. He recognized the tone in new things were about to get ugly.

 

 

Rain body quaked with anger as she glared at the oversized bitch accosting her friend.

“What did you say shrimp?” Sheila replied more in shock than anger.

“I said put him down. With such huge ears you think you’d be able to hear better.” Rain wise cracked.

 

Sheila was taken aback by such rude treatment. Who was this girl? She clearly didn’t know how easy it would be for her to simply crush her flat. It would almost be an afterthought. She probably wouldn’t even get charged.

“You’re not serious?” Sheila questioned in disbelief.

“Dead serious.” The girl replied.

“Rain stay out of this.” Tyler spoke up. “It’s nothing really we’re just talking honest.”

“Rain!” Sheila thought. She recognized the name. This insolent bitch was also in her morning class. Suddenly an idea crossed her mind and she couldn’t hide her dark smile.

 

Tyler suddenly became worried. He’d seen that look on Sheila before. It was a look she got when she’d decided to screw someone over. He had to find a way to keep Rain out of this.

                “Look we can talk at lunch okay, I promise this is nothing.”

                “It doesn’t look like nothing to me.” Rains eyes narrowed and Tyler trembled. He’d seen that look too and it was clear Rain wasn’t going to back down. She turned her attention to the giantess who still held a tight grip on him.

                “Just put him down Sheila.” She continued. “This is ridiculous and honestly really pathetic.”

 

                That last comment was all it took for Sheila. She was contemplating whether or not to take action as there would have been consequences involved; detention, suspension, expulsion were all very viable options but she no longer cared. Nobody called her pathetic.

                “I think we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot here.” She said with her most winning smile. “There’s no reason we can’t all be friends right?” She moved in just a little closer toward the defiant normal.

                The girl look puzzled and gave her a skeptical grunt. “I guess we can start over if you put him down.”

                Sheila smiled placing Tyler down and giving him a light pat on the back. “See he’s fine.” Rains expression softened almost immediately. “Friends?”

                “Friends.” Rain replied in relief. “I’m sorry I just get riled when I see stuff like that I guess.” She offered a hand towards the giantess.

                Sheila offered a finger and giggled at the tickle as her digit was embraced by the tiny hand. “Sheila Murphy.” She recited.

                “Rain Rodríguez.” She replied.

 

                Tyler was taken aback. This was not how he’d expected this to go down. Sheila was a bitch before her elevation and she was a bitch now. Rain hadn’t really done much but it didn’t take much to get Sheila riled. Something was up.

                “Now that we’re all friends I would honored to offer you a ride to class.” Sheila smiled.

                “Not necessary.” Rain declined. “It’s only down the hall.”

                “Oh please! I insist.” Sheila persisted still wearing that shit eating grin. Suddenly Tyler had an idea what was about to happen.

                “Sheila don’t!” he protested rushing toward Rain, but he was too late.

                In one moment Sheila snatched Rain in her palm and lifted her with ease into the air.

                “Put me dow-.“ Rain was cut off a she was shove abruptly into Sheila’s side pocket. She turned to face Tyler a sadistic smile plastered to her face.

                “You can’t just!”

                “There’s always room for one more Ty.” She gave him a malevolent wink.

                “Fuck.” He cursed again.

 

                Rain’s heart pounded with an intensity she’d never felt before. She could feel her temperature rise to match her anger. She’d been played way too easily. Her body tensed and vibrated in angry fervor.

                “You fucking bitch!” she screamed. Suddenly she was pressed against the rough fabric of Sheila’s pocket by what she assumed was her hand. She screamed again but her voice was now muffled by the new pressure. She could feel her heart rate rise and a sudden jolt ran through her body. Then her body went numb. What was happening to her? 

End Notes:

Okay so, I've never done this before and I probably never will again but this time you the reader get an input in what happens. If you haven't guessed next chapter Tyler's friend Rain elevates and you get to decide what class she ends up becoming. Using what you know you can choose class 1, 2, or 3. If you need a refresher I would check Walter's chapter "Cold Morning". 

The reason I'm doing it this way is because I have ideas for all three and I'm terribly indecisive. By no means does this obligate you to comment and If no one comments I'll pull names out of a hat or roll a die or something. 

You technically have until I update again to vote although from my experience comments peter out after a few days. I have my suspicions which will win but who knows you might surprise me! Anyway this is way too long and end note for my taste so see you next chapter.

P.S. For some reasont the indents always go screwy on me anyone know why? 

Chapter 8: Elevation by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

The people have spoken. Long live democracy!

Tales of the New World Chapter 8: Elevation

                Tyler was held hostage. That was the best way he could describe it. Maybe not in the conventional sense; his life wasn’t on the line, but he was held prisoner, and his captor did want something, his silence. It had been all too easy for Sheila to carry Tyler to her desk at the back of the class. Smaller students were supposed to sit in the rafters above the main floor but that rule was rarely enforced especially in Mr. Larson’s advanced algebra. The class 2 professor’s curriculum was notoriously difficult and students often had to partner just to get through it. This unfortunately meant Tyler was forced to spend the entire forty-five minute class under Sheila’s direct supervision and Rain was left to suffer in the darkness and humidity of the giantess’ pocket.

                Was she dying? Rains heart pounded against her chest sending shockwaves throughout her body. She’d never felt this before and could only compare it to the vague knowledge she understood about heart attacks. Every inch of her body was numb yet simultaneously felt like it was on fire!  Her muscles itched and contracted as she suffered inside Sheila’s pocket. She pressed her fingers against the fabric but it wouldn’t give. She tried to scream but her throat was dry and all her efforts produced were dry panicked rasps. She needed water. She needed air.

                “Let her go.” Tyler repeated for seemingly the millionth time. It had become a mantra in the ever increasing moments he remained trapped on Sheila’s desk. She peered down at him an amused smile plastered across her face.

                “Can’t you say anything else?” She giggled.

                “She could be hurt!” Tyler argued breaking the string.

                “Relax Ty. She’s fine.” Sheila gave her hip a quick cautionary pat and could feel Rain wiggling about its confines. The girl was a fighter if nothing else. “This will be good for her, for the both of you.”

                “You can’t do this!” Tyler argued. “It’s not right.”

                “Isn’t it though?” Sheila justified. “She has to learn like every normal that there are consequences for her actions. She’s lucky I’m being so forgiving.”

                “Forgiveness for what she didn’t do anything wrong.”

                “Yes she did!” Sheila gritted. “And you don’t realize it but you’re doing it too.”

                “Doing what!?” Tyler spat in anger.

                “Disrespect!” Sheila revealed. “You act like you’re not a normal, like you can get away with whatever you want. There are people out there, even at this very school who won’t tolerate it. You need to learn you place if.” She cut herself off.

                “If what?!” Tyler pleaded.

                ‘It doesn’t matter.” Sheila dismissed. “You’ll get it eventually I’ll make sure of that.”

                “What about Rain?”

                “I’ll let her out at lunch.” Sheila hissed. “We can tell the teacher she told us she’d be late.”

 

                She was running out of oxygen. She had to be, why else would she be feeling so lightheaded. Rains vision started to blur and it felt like she was about to pass out. Her body still ached but she was growing tired from her exertions to address it. She closed her eyes. She just needed to ride this out. Sheila couldn’t keep her in here forever. Another jolt surged through her this one more intense than the last. Suddenly the walls of Sheila’s pocket closed in and Rain felt even more constricted. The pulsing continued, increasing its rhythm flushing her body with renewed energy. This only intensified the burning sensations as her skin felt like it was tearing itself apart. She couldn’t even find solace in rest her only choice was to continue clawing away at Sheila’s pocket for freedom.

                The bell finally rang signaling the end of first period. Tyler stared at Sheila in eager anticipation of Rains release.

                “Don’t look at me like that.” She chided. “I said lunch. She still has two classes to go.”

                Tyler fumed. His friend was stuck suffering and there was nothing he could do about it. He’d never in his life felt so insignificant, so helpless, so useless. Even worse he knew that no matter how bad he felt is must have been immeasurably worse for rain. He could see the bulge in the side of Sheila’s Levi’s as it shook about from her struggle. She was still fighting, still trying to escape.

                “She really has a lot of energy!” Sheila noted. “I’d figure she have fallen asleep by now.”

                “That’s because you’ve imprisoned her!” Tyler noted.

                “Hardly.” Sheila remarked. “I’ve given her the morning off. Now she doesn’t have to listen to Ms. Rummel  blather on in English.”

 

                The pain was subsiding. As Rain continued to wriggle what was once aching jolts and torturous spasms were being replaced with sudden bursts of energy. She wasn’t sure what was going on but she was now starting to enjoy it. Her body tingled begging for movement and she was starting to feel even more confined. The pocket she was in, the clothes she had on, even her skin felt like it was suddenly too tight, like it was holding her back. Nothing ever held her back! She tore at the fabric. She tore at her clothes. She tore at her skin! As she dug in her skin resisted she pressed her nails inward and it felt like she was digging into stone.  It wouldn’t give. Why wouldn’t it give? She had to be free soon. She wasn’t sure what she would do to herself if she wasn’t.

                Tyler wasn’t getting it.  He could tell by the look in his eye, at this moment he hated her. Sheila knew this would have to happen eventually but she hadn’t expected it to be like this. She hadn’t expected one of his friends to be involved, but hopefully that would make it sink in all the more. It was a hard lesson made harder by the fact his family probably treated him like an equal, but he had to learn his place before something horrible happened to him. She would never forgive herself if he got hurt. If that meant his ego gets a little bruised or a friend gets trapped in her pocket then so be it. She was willing to be the bad guy. He would get over it eventually.  

She turned her attention to her pocket it was still shaking. It felt like she had left her phone on vibrate. This Rain chick just didn’t’ know when to give up. She pressed her free palm against her pocket and was surprised to find resistance?

“What’s happening?” Tyler noticed from his perch on her shoulder. She paused in the hallway by her locker.

“She’s really putting up a fight in there. “ Sheila grunted she placed her books in her locker and used her other hand to increase the pressure. She didn’t want to hurt Rain but the girl wasn’t giving her much of a choice. “She’s stronger than she looks.”

Suddenly she felt a sting of pain as her pocket lunged outward smacking the palm of her hand. “Ouch!” Sheila squealed.

“What happened are you okay.” Tyler panicked.

“She-she actually hurt me.” Sheila gasped in disbelief. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She wasn’t supposed to fight this much, be this strong, It was almost as if? Sheila paused as it dawned on her. It couldn’t be possible. Why her? Why now? She had to act. She fumbled trying to unbutton the clasp when her entire body slammed abruptly into the locker. She used her hand to balance herself.

“What’s happening?!” Tyler repeated nearly shaken from his seat.

                “Don’t you get it she’s!” Sheila was slammed again this time knocking her completely off balance. This was the worst thing to happen as it caused Tyler to completely loose his footing and plummet to the ground. Her eyes went wide and timed seemed to slow down. Even as she was falling herself she extended a desperate hand toward him. She could catch him. She could save him! Then in an instant just as she felt her fingers graze his tiny body a blue flash hit him and he disappeared.

                Clarity, freedom, power, all these things rushed through Rain as she flew about Tyler tucked safely in her arms. His eyes were open in pure shock and she could see herself getting lost in those dark pools. He didn’t know. How could he? She hadn’t known until just a moment ago yet know it seemed so obvious.

                “Rain?” he whispered.

 

                Sheila landed on the floor with a hard thud. She kept her eyes closed to stop the tears and not face what had happened. She’d never expected this to happen and now Tyler was hurt if not worse and it was completely her fault. What had happened? She was a class 2 she should have had complete control of the situation. It was that girl! She’d elevated. To what she didn’t know, but she hoped it was only a class 1. It would be hard but she could handle a class 1, but if she was a class 2 she would be a threat . Suddenly she felt two feet land on her abdomen they were cold against her exposed mid drift. Then what felt like tiny footsteps walk across her torso up and over the curvature of her breasts. Was it Tyler? Had by some stroke of luck he landed on her body and not the hard death that floor.

                “Open your eyes.” She heard. “Face what has happened.”

                Sheila opened her eyes to a bright light. One brighter than the florescent ones that hung over the campus, her eyes had to adjust but soon a blurry figure came into focus. It was Rain the light was coming from her! It was the afterglow of an elevation, the residual energy from such a violent and traumatic transformation. The girl that stood before her was no longer the Rain Rodriguez that woke up this morning but something more. Like herself Rain had become part of the new world. Worst of all apparently she was a class 3.

                Rain stared at Sheila as she cradled Tyler in her arms. They made eye contact and for the first time she’d seen something in her eyes she’d never seen in any class 2. Fear. Fear of her, of the unknown power she now held that even she had yet to understand. It was an odd sensation. She should be the one scared. She was exposed, completely naked, it was clear that she had grown but Sheila a class 2 still towered over her, yet she’d never felt more powerful  or in control. There was so much she wanted to say and do. Punch her in the face, call her a bitch, use her as a dummy to test whatever this new power was she felt surging through her fingertips, but with this power came clarity and perspective. She knew now what Sheila had been trying to do and to her surprise part of her agreed with it. She couldn’t help it. She held Tyler her friend and he seemed so weak , so fragile, so normal. It was clear she would have a lot to adjust to but for now she only had four words for Sheila.

                “Stay away from us.” She ordered and to her surprise Sheila nodded in agreement. With that she held Tyler a little tighter she used her new power to float in the air then take off too wherever she wanted to go.

 

                As Rain flew away a flash of blue light trailed behind her all but confirming to Sheila that she had indeed elevated and to a class 3 of all things! This made things difficult. Sheila had no idea what Rain was now capable of. What she did next would be very important to her and Tyler’s future. She would have to wait and observe. She may have lost this battle but she wasn’t going to give up. She just had to wait for the right opportunity.

 

                “How long do you plan on staring.” Rain mused as Tyler inspected her new body mouth agape. She’d turned her back to preserve as much of her modesty as she could but she knew his face was red at the sight of her exposed backside.

                “You’re just so.. tall now!” Tyler observed.

                “Among other things.” She noted. Groping the newfound bust she was sporting. The growth wasn’t excessive as she was never really a busty girl but they just seemed enhanced like everything else.

                “What happens now?” Tyler asked.

                “I don’t know!” Rain expressed. “Nothing? Anything!”

                “Maybe find some clothes.” Tyler suggested.

                “Yeah I guess.” She laughed. “You don’t think people will be mad if I just go home?”

                “I don’t think anyone even knows you’re here?” Tyler pointed out. “Plus I think you’ve earned a day off.”

                “Yeah, Amanda didn’t show up for a week after she elevated. “ Rain smiled when she thought of how Amanda would react to the new her. What would she say when her once short friend was now almost eye level with her?

                “Oh Amanda!” Rain gasped.

                “Amanda what?” Tyler jumped startled by the sudden outburst.

                “I promised to go with her to visit her dad in the hospital!”

                “I think she’ll understand if you miss it.”

                “No!” Rain denied “I made a promise.”

                “I’m pretty sure they won’t let you in school let alone the hospital naked.” Tyler informed

                “Well then you’d better turn around.” Rain spoke.

                “Why?”

                “Just do it!” Rain commanded.

                Begrudgingly Tyler turned so they were facing back to back. Suddenly he felt her hands under his arms and he was lifted off the ground.

                “We’ve got to make this quick.” Rain spoke as she rose into the air. It was time to start testing what she could do.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Yeah so Rain's a class 3 now that legitimatley surpised me, because of the very nature of this sight I was sure class 2 would win by a landslide and poor class 1 no one loves you! :( 

This was fun to write and you can look forward to more interaction between Sheila and Rain in the battle for Tyler's soul!!!!! Or you know the chance to date him or whatever. 

Chapter 9: The More Things Change by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

So here it is. The chapter that once was. I have no idea if this will better or worse than what was previously posted and read so as you can imagine I'm a bit nervous. All I can say about it is it's longer and I feel maybe a little sadder? I ultimitaly leave it up to you the reader to decide.

 

 

 

 

Tales from the New World Chapter 9: The More Things Change

                Greg woke in the Ramona’s warm hold still groggy from the night before. He had to admit he enjoyed some of the new side effects of her elevation, he couldn’t complain when he was dating essentially a super model; even if he did feel awkward when they walked down the street together. He felt her hand grip his head and press him into her prominent cleavage. Greg squirmed in her arms as he struggled for air. Ramona’s elevation had its share of downsides as well. She had always been eager and possessive in bed; a trait that never used to bother Greg, but it didn’t partner well with her new strength and size. He was often thankful when he woke in the morning.

                Greg pushed with all his might against Ramona’s chest earning a pleased moan in response as she pressed him inward once again. It was clear he wasn’t leaving until she was ready. He was forced to wiggle just to free his head and get enough room to breathe. It took some effort but eventually he found a position he was comfortable in. It was odd he didn’t remember sleeping in such position; with his head to her chest and her sleeping at a forty-five degree angle. He twisted in a 180. With his back now to her he was still pinned under her arm but at least he could breathe and see.

                Greg had to double take. He was sure his mind was playing tricks on him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath surely when he opened them everything would change back to normal. They didn’t. He held a gasp as he realized what happened. It wasn’t really a surprise it had been happening for some time, but this one was the most jarring. He looked down to see his feet dangling between Ramona’s legs as they stretched past his and clear off the bed! She had grown… again.

                “Ramona.” Greg pressed a hand against her shoulder and shook it slightly. She didn’t budge.

                “Ramona wake up.” He said slightly louder. He heard a yawn and an annoyed grunt.

                “Ramona!” he repeated. She groaned louder.

                “Go back to sleep.” She wined. Suddenly Greg found himself being turned around and his lips captured by Ramona’s. The kiss was soft and tender and almost enough to lull him back to sleep. She then moved his head back toward her chest and he could feel his eyes start to close. She lifted his legs with her other arm and soon he was in the fetal position nestled contently against her. She then raised her own legs and readjusted to a more comfortable placement. Greg let out a yawn. Ramona was right he should go back to sleep. This could wait a couple of hours. NO! Greg forced his eyes open. This had been happening more and more. Over the past month he’d been living with her she had slowly been adjusting him to her way of living. He was suddenly joining her on morning walks and eating healthier, and ironically enough sleeping later.

                “This is important!” he blurted. Of course his face was covered and all Ramona heard was a muffled grunt. She cursed. It had almost worked. She reluctantly released him from the cuddle.

                “Is it important enough that it can’t wait a couple hours?” she argued.

                “Yes.” Greg defended. His eyes turned serious. “You’ve grown again.”

                Ramona’s eyes snapped open. She rose letting Greg fall into her lap. She stretched her legs out and was surprised to see them hover over the edge of their king sized bed.

                “I guess we need a new bed.” She smiled down to him.

 

                “You’re not taking this seriously!” Greg shot.

                “That’s because you’re making a big deal out of nothing!” Ramona returned. “Since when is self-improvement a bad thing?” The morning had been tense for the couple. Ramona wasn’t nearly as concerned about her growth spurt as she should be and was refusing to see a doctor.

                “Promise me you’ll see a specialist!” Greg shot back.

                “Fine!” she snapped. “If it will shut you the hell up!” She ended her statement by slamming the titanium spatula into the counter. It snapped in half like a twig the head of which flew past Greg missing him by inches and embedding itself in the wall. It had happened to fast for Greg to notice but Ramona had and he found himself inexplicably tucked into her arms. He looked up at her not entirely sure what had happened.

                “Breakfast’s ready.” She smiled sheepishly. She took her seat at the table Greg still in her arms. He sat between her legs his back against her taught abdomen and his head against her breasts.

                “This isn’t really necessary.” He revealed.

                “Indulge me.” She smiled putting on her best puppy dog look. Greg melted almost instantly.

                He couldn’t exactly argue. This was often his favorite position before she elevated. He had to suppress a dirty smile as he remembered how often he could use this position to transition into other enjoyable activities. They’d adopted the reverse a week after he moved in and he found himself wondering if she did it for the same reasons.

                “I’m sorry about that.” Ramona whispered leaning her head toward the spatula that was now embedded in the brick of their apartment wall.

                “It’s okay. I know you have problems with doctors.”

                “Your right, I should see someone. I’ll see if Mary knows anyone good when I see her today.”

                “Mary huh, how long since you’ve talked to her.”

                “Over three months.” Mary sighed. “Even longer since we’ve seen each other.”

                “Why’d she decide to call now?”

                “I have an idea but I’d rather not talk about it.” Ramona dismissed.

                Greg dropped the subject. He knew without asking she was talking about Walter. He’d never met Ramona’s older brother but he’d heard some unflattering stories. Mary must have been terrified.

                “No matter the reason it will be good to see Mary again.” Greg noted.

                “Yeah.” Ramona said with a light smile.

 

                Mary checked her watch nervously. It was 9:30. She’d told Ramona she didn’t have to arrive until ten so she could have some time to herself. She took a sip of her coffee it was a straight black and the heat from it helped calm her down. It was hard not to be anxious. How long had it been since they’d seen each other? She remembered rushing over when her parents told her Ramona elevated. She had been so happy for her sister, yet as time passed the visits just stopped. It was too hard to see her. Ramona used to be so nervous and shy. She had looked up to her since they were kids all the way through college, but now that self-conscious, geeky little girl had bloomed into something far beyond anything Mary could even comprehend. There were no more late night phone calls, no more wardrobe advice, she even seemed to figure out how to reel in Greg.   As hard as she tried she just couldn’t maintain the illusion of being her big sister. The hard truth was Ramona just didn’t need her anymore. She had literally and mentally been out grown.

                She continued to sit on the bench at the end of the mall just watching as people went about their business. It was interesting to see just how much humanity had changed in the last decade. She was one of the upper levels so she had a clear view of the bottom of the courtyard. Multiple people of different heights and appearances walked about. A class 1 man was lumbering about with what looked like three little girls hanging off his shoulders. There was another Class 1 woman who ran up to meet him and they both embraced as one of the girls climbed from one parents shoulder to the others. Another woman had a pair of red bird wings and feathers seemed to sprout from the top of her head mixing with her hair. She flew up from the courtyard to the upper decks and continued shopping as casually as one would walk down the road.

                It dawned on Mary that this was the new normal. To these people didn’t think they were doing anything amazing. They were just casually living their lives and now she was the one that was different. A “normal” as they said although the acceptable term was non-elevated person. Suddenly a large shadow was cast over the deck she was sitting on.

                “Um excuse me?” rang a loud voice.

                Mary looked up to see the giant face of a class 2 woman staring at her. She looked to be in her late twenties though she was quite possibly older. Time had a strange effect on people depending on when they elevated.

                “Can I help you?” Mary asked politely.

                “I’m sorry to bother you, but I’m new to town and was wondering if this was Market Square?”

                “No this is Market Plaza.” Mary explained. “Market Square is about five blocks west of here.”

                The giantess’ face scrunched in confusion. Suddenly she reached a hand toward Mary in a rather rough grip and lifted her in the air. “Could you point me in the right direction?” she asked.

                Normally Mary like anyone would have been taken aback by this sudden breach of her personal space but she spent almost every day around class 2’s so she was used to spontaneous lift and carry. She knew the woman wasn’t purposefully trying to be rude it was just part of how class 2’s think. It took her a few moments to adjust to the sudden shift in perspective. She looked down to anchor herself and to her surprise she met eyes with a young class 2 girl clutching the woman’s hand on top of her head was another child a young boy with what looked like white hair and two small horns protruding from his forehead. They both waved at her with shy smiles. She broke the gaze to look back out toward the horizon.

                “You see those series of buildings that look lower than the rest?” She said pointing towards Market Square.

                “I think so.”  The woman responded.

                “ There is a red one at the back and a fountain in the middle.”

                “Yes I see it!” she cheered.

                “That’s Market Square.” Mary informed. Suddenly she was rushed through the air as the woman placed her back down on the deck. She felt a sudden dizziness from the quick movement.

                “Thank you very much!” The woman beamed.

                “Um, no problem?” Mary smiled. They exchanged one last nod before the group walked off. Mary sat back down on the bench and frowned to see that her coffee had fallen over most likely from the tremors caused by the class 2. She grumbled in the annoyed realization that she’d have to buy another one.

                “That was a nice thing you did.” Mary heard in a familiar voice. It startled her and she jumped out of her seat. When she turned a flood of different emotions entered her brain. She was now staring at her “little” sister and she looked to be easily twelve feet tall.

 

Walter walked up the stairs to his sister’s apartment. It was a tight one bedroom in the backstreets of the western part of the city close to the docks. Travel another block and you’d be in the water. He reached her door and peered through the window. The sight of her meager apartment still furnished with that ratty sofa she’d be given by their parents had all but confirmed to him that she still lived there. With no further encouragement needed he placed his hand on the door knob. A few quick vibrations and he’d managed to free the lock and stroll right in. It was too easy.

 

“Hey.” Mary greeted. There was an air of tension around them. It was hard for her to figure out proper words. “You’ve grown.”

“Yeah it’s been happening for about a month. “ She turned her head. “So I can guess what this is about.”

“We don’t have to talk about him yet.” Mary reached for her sister’s hand. It was so big now, so powerful. To her surprise Ramona wrapped her fingers around hers. She was suddenly pulled forward and lifted into Ramona.

“I’ve missed you.” She hugged then separated looking into her eyes. “So what’s the plan for today?”

Mary inspected Ramona. She was wearing a rather large red tracksuit and open toed sandals. “I have the day off so my schedule’s wide open. I do have to do some furniture shopping and pick up a few things.”

“Can we add clothes shopping to the list? I’ve sort of out grown what I have.”

 

Here place was fairly empty like it always was. Mary had always lived pretty sparingly. Walter looked around. She wasn’t home.  That made things simpler. He headed toward the kitchen and scanned the cabinets. There was nothing of particular interest to him. He guessed Mary was either a vegetarian now or she ate out a lot. He grabbed a bag of what he thought were chips and took a seat on her couch. He grabbed the remote and switched on the T.V.  Watching television by yourself was a luxury most wouldn’t understand.

 

Mary stood silently outside a stall in the women’s dressing room a small sheet of red curtain dividing her and her sister.  She stared upward at a headless bust of Amazonian proportion. They had decided to stop at Aphrodite’s a lingerie store that catered to elevated women. It seemed to loom over her as if stating that even it an inanimate object was somehow better than her. She inspected its contours. Broad shoulders, a tight waist with a six pack sculpted into the plastic, a bust that seemed to be straining against the confines of its brassiere. In some ways it was better than her.

“I could use some help in here.” Ramona ‘s voice echoed from her stall. Mary walked into the amusing image of her sister attempting in earnest to clasp her bra shut. “This back clasps are such a pain.” She groaned.

Mary reached forward causing Ramona to bend down. As she fastened the clasp she quietly marveled as Ramona’s back. It was defined with toned muscle that would be the envy of any body builder. It was as if her superiority were on display in front of her in all its chiseled glory. It was hard to look at but for some reason she couldn’t look away. It was something that no amount of hard work could achieve, you had to be born this way and for a brief moment, for the first time in her life Mary wished that she had been lucky enough to be gifted with it.

“Are you okay?” Ramona asked with concern.

Mary snapped out of her trance. She hadn’t realized that she was staring, and crying apparently. She wiped away a tear as she stared at her sister who was now sporting a rather low cut lacy red top.

“I’m fine.” Mary recovered eyeing the top. “I guess this one’s for Greg.”

“Yeah.” Ramona blushed. “You think he’ll like it?”

“Why wouldn’t he?” Mary joked.

“I think he’s getting tired of me!” Ramona revealed not bothering to hide the worry in her voice.

“What!?” Mary couldn’t believe any man could get tired of sleeping with the equivalent of a red headed Wonder Woman.

“He’s been falling asleep in bed after we’ve, ya know.” Ramona cried. “I have to find a way to keep him interested. “

Mary couldn’t hide the smile on her face. “How often have you been doing it?”

“You know the average amount.” Ramona blushed. “Two or three times.”

                Mary gave her a knowing stare. It was no secret that they had been physical in high school. Not to mention her activities when they were on their infamous break. If she was still like that now she couldn’t imagine what Greg was going through.

                “Maybe give him a break every now and then.” Mary advised. “It’s got to be hard satisfying a woman with you r... stamina.”

                Ramona had to turn to hide the blush on her face.

 

                Walter flipped through the stations with a disappointed scowl; 300 hundred stations and nothing to watch. He was equally disappointed by his “chips” which were actually crispy pita wafers. They were dry and looked and tasted like they were made of chalk. First thing he would have Mary do when she returned was cook him a decent “just been released from jail” meal.

                With nothing to eat and even less to watch Walter’s mind drifted. He closed his eyes ready to focus. He had to figure out a plan. He knew that he could stay at Mary’s pretty much indefinitely but that wouldn’t put money in his pocket and looking at her place he was sure he would need that. The problem was his only notable skills were in crime and that was getting more complicated. His particular brand of capitalism was actively being snuffed out by the legal system. He saw first-hand how a new freshly elevated populous was entering the criminal justice system. Super smart lawyers, giant cops or ones that could fly, all backed by government funding. He wasn’t smart enough to practice the new wave of cyber-crime that was now the vogue and anything you could steal with your hands would require a crew. A crew he didn’t have. That only left drugs which he didn’t have the passion for, or the customer base.  Maybe he could donate. It was an honest living and a class 3 like him would make a killing giving hope to desperate normals eager at the chance to have an elevated kid. It was an okay idea but he had the fear that a decade or two he would receive a knock on the door and meet a superfast red headed boy or girl saying daddy. He couldn’t stifle his cringe.

                He opened his eyes frustrated that he hadn’t found a solution the whole process taking less than a second. That was just how fast he thought now. He relished in the fact that no matter what he decided he was sure it would work out. He was an elevated now, and not just any elevated but a class 3. He wouldn’t succeed because he was smart or charismatic or even a hard worker. It was simply law of nature. He was fast in a slow world.

 

                “I don’t understand why you’re making such a big deal out of this.” Ramona commented as she bit into an oversized slice of combination pizza. Both women were sitting on the deck of the McKracken Bros Italian bar and grill.

                “It’s because we care.” Mary said taking a bite out of her comically large slice of pepperoni. “You’re a class 3! Who knows what could be happening to you?”

                “It’s not a bad thing! It’s not like I’m dying.” Ramona deflected.

                “What if you wake up one morning and you’re the size of a house?!”

                “Then I’d be considered short, by class 2 standards. It wouldn’t even be news.”

                Mary grumbled, she just wasn’t getting it. Not much was known about class 3’s. It was pretty much public knowledge that it was where the government dumped anyone who didn’t fit their criteria. Her health was more important now than it had ever been. “Either way I’m scheduling you an appointment with Dr. Isiah. He’s at the head of his field in elevated medical research and Emily’s family doctor.”

                “Fine.” Ramona relented. “But if this turns out to be nothing I’m not seeing another doctor for the rest of my life.”

                The two sat and ate the rest of their meal, Ramona pretty much devouring her slice while Mary barely managed half and had to save the rest. They sat in silence just enjoying the nice weather and each other’s company when Ramona decided to break the silence.

                “So you ready to talk about it?” She asked.

                “About what?”

                “The real reason you called me.” She paused for a moment. “Are you ready to talk about Walter?”

                Just hearing his name sent a cold chill down the back of Mary’s spine. Memories suddenly jumped into her head of the years she had to live under his torment. “I’m sorry, this is wrong.” Mary stood up to leave when Ramona reached out and pulled her back. Upon inspection she could see tears in her older sister’s eyes.

                “What’s wrong?!” She asked with fear. She hadn’t expected her to react so poorly to just hearing his name.

                “Me!” Mary screamed. “We can’t just pretend that nothing’s happened that I didn’t just abandon you because I was.” She couldn’t finish her sentence.

                “Afraid of me.” Ramona completed. Mary’s eyes opened in shock at the reveal that her sister knew her greatest shame.

                “I just.”

                “Thought I would end up like Walter, that elevation would change me, make me see you as less of a person and not the big sister you are.”

                Mary’s tongue caught in her throat. She tried to find the words but she could only produce low sobs of anguish. Ramona took her sister in a tight hug. “You know I could never see you like that right. I-I don’t even know where I would be if you weren’t there.”  Ramona had seen what Mary went through when Walter elevated. He’d always been rather troubled getting into crime at an early age, when he elevated he went completely out of control pretty much running the house on pure intimidation. He often tormented and belittled Mary, stealing or outright taking any money that came through the house.  It only stopped when their parents elevated and he suddenly stopped staying at the house. It wouldn’t have been so bad if Mary weren’t a fighter. It was inspiring to see her normal older sister constantly confront a person who could out pace a racecar and do any sort of unspeakable things with that power. In hindsight it was amazing Walter had any restraint at all considering what he could do to her.

                During those four years it hadn’t dawned on Ramona why Mary was fighting so much but when she elevated she had an epiphany (one of many). It had been for her. Ramona was spared the brunt of Walter because he was too preoccupied with Mary. She’d never thanked her for that.

                “I’m so selfish.” Mary wept. “I only called you because I needed something. You must think I’m so pathetic. I can’t expect you to forgive me.”

                “There’s nothing to forgive.” Ramona consoled. “I could never think you were pathetic. You’re the strongest person I know.” It was true even if her sister was being crushed under the pressure of the new world. A pressure every normal now faced.

                “We can deal with Walter. He won’t do anything while I’m there.”

                For a while Mary didn’t say anything just softly weeping in Ramona’s shoulder. “Thank you.” She finally uttered and Ramona was pleased to see her crying had stopped.

 

                It was getting late in the afternoon and Walter was starting to wonder if Mary would ever show up. Did she even live here anymore? He was starting to have his doubts even if her bills and a few family photos have proved the otherwise. He glanced at a picture of the entire family on vacation to Disney World. A young Walter was carrying an even younger Ramona on his shoulders. They both wore Mickey Mouse ears. Mary was kneeling down in front to fit into the picture and hugging a Donald Duck mascot while his parents were embracing each other in the back.  They all seemed so happy. He sniffed himself and became acutely aware of his prison funk. It was time for a shower.

 

                Mary had calmed down. Ramona was relieved to see her sister more composed. She hadn’t known she was going through so much. She decided it wouldn’t be another six months before they see each other again. “So what’s next?” She asked.

                “I have to pick up some furniture.” Mary answered.

                “Another one of Emily’s crazy whims?” Ramona joked. She’d scene Emily’s show and knew how demanding the class 2 celebrity could be.

                “Actually it’s for me.” Mary reached into her purse, when her hand returned it was brandishing a shiny black credit card with the words Master Class written in Gold cursive. “She gave me this and told me to “Go crazy!”.” Mary use air quotes to accentuate her statement.

                “You don’t say?” Ramona giggled coyly.

                “What?” Mary asked not missing the inflection. “It is a little strange and unnecessary considering how small my place is and the fact that.”

                “You sleep in her room.” Ramona finished.

                “Yes.” Mary blinked at Ramona’s sudden prediction.

                “Oh my god!” Ramona laughed. “I was joking! You really sleep in her room?!”

                “Sometimes!” Mary blurted suddenly defensive. “We work late and it just sort of happens. Her beds pretty comfortable and she doesn’t snore.”

                Ramona almost broke into a fit of pure hysteria. “Someone has a girlfriend.” She teased much like a child would.

                “NO!” Mary denied. “Were just good friends.”

                “Why else would she give you that credit card. It must have a limit of a billion dollars. You don’t give someone that to furnish a one bedroom hole in the wall.”

                “She probably didn’t have any cash on her.” Mary defended. “She doesn’t really pay me much so this is like… a perk.”

                “She wants you to move in. She has a huge crush on you!”

                “No. She just, appreciates a good worker.”

                “It’s so obvious Mare.” Ramona insisted. “Why do you think she followed you around in high school.”

                “I was an athlete, and smart, and likable.” Mary said adamantly.

                “And hot, and have a tight ass.” Ramona added causing Mary to blush.

                “I’m her secretary!” Mary noted. “I answer her calls, and make her appointments.”

                “And give her an excuse to keep you close to her at all times.” Ramona smiled. “How often have you been sleeping in her bed since you started staying there?”

                “Every n-….  Oh, my.” Mary blushed as the realization hit her. She suddenly understood why Emily insisted she sleep in her cleavage. The class 2 had explained it was because she rolled in her sleep and didn’t want to accidentally crush her friend. Now it seemed there was a secondary reason. “What do I do? I haven’t dated in years.”

                “Maybe we should stop at Victoria’s Secret and pick you up something sexy!” Ramona mocked. Mary face continued to remain rose red. She definitely had to make more time for her sister. Apparently she had missed a lot.

 

                Walter sat spread eagle across the couch in fresh clothes he found hanging from a wire outside the apartment window. He wasn’t sure whose they were but they were men’s and they fit so he didn’t care. He reached for the remote and turned on the T.V. The sun was setting and Mary still hadn’t shown up. He was almost certain she wouldn’t show up today. He didn’t know what she did with her time but it must have kept her busy. As if on cue he heard the metallic click of a key in the door and a surprised gasp at the realization that the lock was broken. He turned with a smile on his face to see his little sister stare at him blankly from the other side of the open doorframe.

                “Hi sis. “ He said nonchalant.

                Mary almost turned and left. The sight of him was more painful than she imagined made worse by the fact that he looked almost exactly like she remembered. It felt like she’d just returned home form school to see him waiting for her. Suddenly a hand came to rest at her shoulder. That’s right. Ramona was here. She wasn’t alone.

                “It’s so good to see you!” Walter smiled in an instant he rushed from the couch to embrace her in a rather tender hug, an action that caught her off guard. “I’ve missed you so much.” He rushed over to wrap his arms around Ramona.

                “And you to Ra Ra.” He said calling her an old pet name she’d earned because when she was a toddler she would have trouble pronouncing her name.

                “Just look at you!” he beamed staring up at her. “Mom told me you’d elevated but it’s not something you believe until you see it.”

                “Enough Walter.” Ramona fumed. “Why are you here.”

                “I was just released.” Walter mused. “So as you can imagine I could use a place to stay.”

                “No.” Ramona spoke stone faced.

                ‘I don’t think that’s your decision to make.” Walter looked toward Mary who was forced  to turn her head.  “I’m sorry Walter but I just can’t.”

                “That means no.” Ramona added. “Find somewhere else. Maybe mom and dad can take you in. I’m sure they miss you. Or are you too intimidated now that mom can crush you flat as a pancake.”

                “No.” Walter returned copying his sister’s tone.”

                “I can make you if I have to.” Ramona warned.

                “Oh that’s cute.” Walter mocked. “You gonna fight all of Mary’s battles for her? Not that you even have the guts to-.“ In an instant Walter was pushed back something massive crashing against his face. He spun I in the air as he flew across the apartment into the opposite wall.

                “You didn’t kill him did you!” Mary cried.

                “Please.” Ramona dismissed. “That was a love tap.”

                “Well someone came to play!” Walter commented still bent over on the floor then he was gone and Ramona was greeted with a stinging open palmed slap to the face. She turned to defend when another hit her opposite cheek, then another, and another. Walter sped around her peppering his youngest sister with bracing slaps across her body. Until he came to a stop in front of her his hands raw and red.

                “It’s like hitting a brick wall!” He laughed. The left side of his face was completely swollen and fresh blood was trickling from his nose.

                “You annoying little shit!” Ramona shrieked.

                “What are you so upset about!” Walter grinned. “I think you won that one.” For all his efforts Ramona was more or less unfazed; only sporting some frazzled hair and red hand print from his first initial slap.

                “Leave Walter!” She shouted. “Before I get serious!” Her eyes started to glow white as her feet slowly left the ground.

                “So we’re done playing then.” Walter sped into the kitchen before returning with a large cutting knife.

                “STOP!” Mary shouted surprising both her siblings. “Walter can have the apartment!”

                “What!?” They both spoke in unison wearing the same surprised expression.

                “He can have it.” She clarified in a softer tone. “I don’t have much here anyway.”

                Ramona floated to the ground her eyes returning to normal. “You don’t have to do that.”

                Mary walked over to her brother. He was thinner than usual and his eyes had heavy rings under them. It was clear despite how he acted that prison was tough on him. To her surprise she hugged him.

                “I’m sorry, but I can’t be around you not yet.” She released the hug. “The apartments paid through the year. After that you’re on your own.”

                “Thanks, Mare.” Walter managed. “Maybe I’ll see you around?”

                His sisters said nothing as they left out the apartment closing the door behind them. When he was sure they had left. Walter went to the kitchen and retrieved some ice. He slumped onto the couch nursing his injury. He would have to watch out for Ramona. His little sister had one hell of a right hook.

 

Epilogue

 

                Barbara strode down the hospital passing hall after identical hall until she reached room 301. She opened the door and saw her daughter for the first time since she’d elevated. She had been in suspense ever since receiving a late night phone call from her excited little girl. She was beautiful at her new height and what looked like an extra set of arms. She was sitting in a seat next to another girl who looked elevated herself. She had elevated friends!

                “Mom?” Amanda reacted.

                “What are you doing here?” Came a hard voice she recognized as her ex-husband David Stout.

                “I’m still listed as your emergency contact.” She informed with a casual toss of her black hair.

                Dave seemed slightly amused at this giving a small laugh. “I didn’t think you cared.”

                “You think that little of me? It sounded like you might die.” Barbara noted. “I wanted to at least be there for that. I owe you that much.”  The two stared at  each other and the temperature of the room seemed to drop.

                “I think we should  check to see if we can get your dad some more pillows.” Amanda’s dark haired friend suggested.

                “Sure.” She agreed. “It’s good to see you mom.” She briefly hugged Barbara before they both left the room.

                “Why are you really here?” Dave asked  all business.

                “Always straight to the point.” Barbara remarked. “I always liked that about you.”

                Dave didn’t respond.

                “Okay I’ll be blunt.” She continued. “I want Amanda to move in with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

So that was it. The chapter formerly known as "Sibling Rivalry"  for better or worse. I feel bad pooring more shit on Dave but it feels like that's what would naturally happen given his situation....Still it's kind of a downer. :(

Irrelevent side info: The class 2 girl in this chapter sneeks her brother into school to help her cheat on math tests. 

Chapter 10: Plight of the Common Man Part 1 by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

This prolouge is brought to you by the letters F and U. Sponsored in part by pkong and viewers like you. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 10: Plight of the Common Man Part 1

             Prolouge:

 “Fuck yo-“Dave started.

                “Don’t fight me on this!” Barbara cut off the power of her voice sent a tremor through the room and probably most of the hospital. There was a pause. Dave had to shield his eyes from the glow of his ex-wife’s hair as it shined in bright yellow. “Sorry.” She turned her head in shame as the light faded and her locks fell around her. For a moment Dave was staring at a bleach blonde.

                “You know it’s for the best David.” She met eyes with him. “She needs proper guidance from someone who has experience you can’t offer.”

                “She’s all I have!” Dave fought.

`               “Have you even taken her to see a doctor?!” Barbara shot. “Do you know what class she is? What she can do? This might not end with an extra pair of arms!”

                Dave was silent. He broke her gaze to stare harshly at the wall. He reached over to grip a right arm that wasn’t there.

                Barbara’s expression softened as her hair finally lost whatever had been flowing through it. It slowly returned to a deep black the color running from the top of her head to the end of her strands. Even her eyebrows and lashes had returned to normal.

                “I’m sorry David, for everything.” She spoke.  She rose from her seat and bent over to look on her former husband. She bent down and gave him only the lightest peck on his cheek in remembrance of what they used to have. Things could’ve been so different if only he’d. She couldn’t finish her thought. There was no point in wishing. She was beyond him now and so was Amy. Neither of them were the same person anymore, elevation wouldn’t change that. Still some days she really hated herself and how things ended. “You can come see her whenever you want of course.” 

 

                Rain waited with Amanda outside the door. They passed each other worried glances.

                “You don’t really think?” Rain started.

                “Of course she would!” Amanda almost cried tears welling in her eyes. They’d both heard her parents brief conversation. Not that they needed to. The hospital was still reverberating from her mom’s outburst. “I don’t want to live with her and leave dad all alone!”

                Suddenly the door flew open and they were both staring at Barbara. They froze under her cold gaze. The women was shorter than both of them but seemed far more intimidating.

                “You don’t have a choice.” Barbara said with quiet pose. “You have one week to pack your things.” She went over to her daughter having to bend on her tiptoes to even reach her collar bone. Amanda bent down and found her mother’s lips against her forehead. “This is for the best. I love you.”

The woman sauntered down the hallway with a quiet confidence leaving her daughter for the time being. She had done enough for now.

 

 

                Greg woke in a bad mood. It was early, too early. The room was dark the only light provided by a dim glow of the desk clock. It was 4:15. The sun hadn’t even risen yet.

                “Fuck.” He whispered. He had work today. He had to get up and out the door within the next hour, hop on the 5:30 across town and be at the docks by 7:00 am sharp. Of course this was hindered by the fact that he was once again trapped in Ramona’s arms much like he was every morning and the women didn’t get out of bed before 8:00 for any reason. Even if he could wake her she would just give him the whole “I’ll fly you to work.” Excuse to weasel in an extra hour of sleep. No Greg had a much different way of getting out of bed in the morning.

                He pressed his lips against Ramona’s chest earning a pleased moan. Of course this meant his head was pressed in further to encourage such pleasing action somewhat counter intuitive to his goal, but this was only step one. He continued his teasing pecks slightly dampening the fabric of Ramona’s top. Soon he was practically licking her chest and he was pleased to be greeted with a pert nipple. Then his face was pressed in deeper as her other arm released its grip on his body to wrap around his head.

                “Success!” he thought. Now with his body free he only needed to free his head. This however was the trickiest part. Greg had the dangerous task of turning Ramona on enough to elicit certain subconscious needs that would in turn coax her to relocate his head to a more “favorable” position while at the same time not too much to have her “assist” with the process. He had tried this method of escape before and early on it had ended in pleasant yet completely wasted mornings where he showed up to work late. It was a precise balancing act.

                He moved his head southward a fraction of an inch. He was still very trapped between her cleavage but if he could move down just enough he could start step two. She resisted raising his head up more and brushing it against her left breast.

                “No.” She mumbled. Dammit. He moved one of his now free arms towards her chest. He rubbed lightly against her firm abdominals using his finger to trace the lines of her six-pack. This soft giggles to emerge from Ramona’s lips. He then took his other hand and slowly grazed the contour of her powerful thigh. Ever so slowly she pushed his head further down.

                “That’s it.” Greg whispered. “You know you want it.” His head was now below Ramona’s bust but still quite firmly in the clutches of her powerful hands. This was the last part and the most dangerous. He knew from experience this could end one of three ways. Too little and she would grow bored and he would return to the cuddle. He would be forced the wake her and inevitably be convinced into her way. Too much and well…there goes his morning, but if he used just enough. Freedom!

He took the hand that was groping her thigh and raised it till it was just at the fringe of her panties. He was happy to hear a pleased moan emerge. He turned his head down to greet the firm abs his fingers had been teasing. He greeted them with his tongue in light circles and again his head lowered. He could feel her fingers pull back off his head just a little. He was almost there.  He snaked his hand ever so slightly between the hem of her panties and onto her upper thigh. Just enough to elude to the promise of something nice. It was a lie of course but she didn’t know that. His head was lowered further and her hands were nearly off him. He heard of another moan. This was it! He immediately jerked his head backwards the momentum of which caused him to rear backward and fall the floor.

“YES!” he whispered in pride. He looked toward the clock. 4:32 he’d set a new record. For a moment he looked upon his sleeping girlfriend her hand pressed between her legs groping to no avail for their captive. Her lips curled slightly in a disappointed frown. He almost felt bad for her, but he was a man and dammit he had work to get to! Plus he knew she would make him pay for this later. The rest of the morning went smoothly. Ramona was a heavy sleeper and wouldn’t wake while he was showering , shaving, or otherwise. Soon he was out the door and headed off to work.

 

Greg exited the bus at its last stop. He had to walk the last mile toward the docks and his job. He pulled out his phone and checked the clock. It was 6:24. He slowed his pace. There was no point getting to work too early. As much as he loved Ramona he needed these mornings. It was one of the few moments he had to himself. He could think without the pressure of an overprotective girlfriend or the yells of an angry foreman in his ear. He took a sip of his coffee ; a mocha capa-vente-something. It warmed his throat on the way down. He looked over the horizon toward the light of the sun as it began to rise over the hills. As he paused to watch the sunset he could see a small silhouette cascade against it. He continued to stare as the silhouette grew in shape and form. As it grew closer he felt tremors and he smiled. It was her. Every morning at about this time a jogger came by this way. Not just any jogger but a class 2 girl. Greg watched as she glided ever closer before coming into view. As this distance she looked almost human in scale. He laughed as the illusion was shattered in an instant and the girl’s size doubled almost instantly.

Greg continued to watch in awe as the girl drew ever closer her size increasing with every step. He felt guilty sometimes eyeing up this random chick he was sure was younger than him, but he wasn’t perving on her. She was simply an interesting anomaly in his morning routine. He didn’t have much interaction with class 2’s besides his boss and she was a bitch. This random jogger was a safe way to observe something that genuinely amazed him. Still he knew Ramona would probably kill him if she ever found out no matter how innocent he actually was.  She drew closer still probably only a mile off. He had to look up now to see her full image. As he did she drew closer and closer, he was craning his neck. Closer still, she was almost on top of him. Too close! Normally she would step right over him continuing her jog uninterrupted but today for whatever reason she stepped short and a giant white sneaker collided with him. The force of a dump truck hit Greg sending him flying a good ten yards.

He closed his eyes gripping his chest in agony. The pain burned in his torso as he writhed on the dirt floor.

“OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY!?” He heard it a shriek that threatened to pierce his eardrums. He stood up on his hand pleased that he could even do that. He glared red faced at a pair of giant blue eyes that hovered over him. The girl had brown hair tied in a ponytail and freckles and Greg could admit she was cute.

“What the fuck.” He muttered groping his chest. He could breathe which he hoped meant nothing was cracked or broken.

“I DiDN’T THINK ANYONE WAS ON THIS ROAD!” she explained.

“Yeah well.” Greg tried.

“I CAN TAKE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!” She continued.

“NO!” Greg shouted. “Ramona would never let him me leave the house again!”

The giant girls face scrunched and as beads of sweat travelled across it. This girl must have been on quite a run. On bead in particular made a journey down the middle of her forehead and down her nose hanging precariously on the end. It dropped soaking Greg in its stale, salty moisture.

“FUCK!” he shouted.

“SORRY!” She apologized. “Are you sure you’re okay.” She whispered suddenly aware of the effect her voice might have on him.

“Fine.” Greg managed. He was damaged but not as much as his pride. It must have been karma. “It was my fault for staring like an idiot.”

“Staring?” The girl looked puzzled for a moment before the realization hit her. Her face turned flush to match Greg’s.

“Don’t get full of yourself.” Greg denied. “I’m taken.”

“You were the one perving.” She defended.

“I wasn’t-!” Greg stopped himself. I didn’t matter what she thought as he wasn’t likely to do this again. “Think whatever you want.”

“I wasn’t trying to offend you!” The girl said suddenly hurt. “It’s just a little…weird.”

Greg said nothing shooting the girl a displeased glance.

“I’ll watch out for you next time.” The girl informed with a light smile before starting off on her jog again.

Greg looked back at her with a grimace as she disappeared off into the opposite direction. His morning was off to a great start. 

 

End Notes:

Other people are updating why can't I? Sorry if this chapter is short but it's only a part one. Greg be getting into some shit though don't he. He does more stuff in the next part. As for Dave....well his life sucks. 

Chapter 11: Plight of the Common Man Part 2 by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

What's that crazy Greg up to now?

Tales of the New World Chapter 11: Plight of the Common Man Part 2

                Greg walked silently into the front office of Tolli  Shipping and Repair a small branch of the manufacturing giant that specialized in shipping materials for retrofits and maintenance for installations. He walked in with a grimace his hand nursing the unseen bruise across his chest.

                “Morning Greg.” Spoke Muriel Finch the secretary. “I’ve already clocked you in.”

                Greg paused by the eastern wall of time cards. He turned to find his I.D. badge floating quietly in front of him.

                “Thanks.” He said eyeing the aging secretary. She was 73 years old though you wouldn’t know it. The only proof of her age the class 3 now had was her grey hair and the black and whites that were framed against the wall of her shaking hands with Reginald Tolli when she was 18. He remembered his surprise the day he walked in seeing what was once and elderly woman who used a walker replaced with someone that more closely resembled his mother, and he was expected to believe this was Muriel.

                For the most part she was the same. She still had the same by the book no nonsense manner, she still spoke with the same indifference, and she still listened to the same classic rock and roll of the 1950’s. The only thing really different about her was her dress. Gone were the loose fitting dresses and frocks instead replaced with tight work shirts and fashionable tops, she even started bearing cleavage the sight of which made gave Greg double vision. It was no secret the old widow had rejoined the dating pool.

                Greg reached toward the backdoor ready to enter the warehouse.

                “Roger’s in today the forklift’s broken again.” Muriel informed and Greg gave an aggravated sigh. He would have to fix that of course. “And be careful. She’s in one of her moods.”

                Greg flinched again. He was not in the mood to face his boss today.

He entered the large warehouse. It was mostly empty since the last shipment went through a couple weeks prior. Now they were in the midst of restocking. He passed isle after isle of empty shelves absentmindedly making his way toward the back entrance and his work station. He was responsible for loading and unloading the shipments into trucks or boats or whatever before it was shipped off as material for new projects, or at least he was. For the last two years he’d been working there new “elevated” hires had come on board rendering him more or less obsolete. Roger came to mind instantly. He usually worked the night shift, but with the fork lift broken again he was getting more and more hours and cutting into Greg’s forcing him to take whatever shifts they had available. Not that any of it truly mattered considering their supervisor could probably do all of the day’s loading in five minutes, if she ever gave a shit.

                Greg removed his jacket and grabbed his tools. He needed to get started on the forklift quickly; in truth it was probably the only reason he kept his job. He put on a pair of work gloves and jogged over to the corner where the lift was usually parked. It was gone. He scratched his head in thought. Maybe he left in near the docks. He wasn’t really supposed to but since that’s where it was used the most and he was the only one to really use it no one seemed to mind. He ran outside the back garage onto the docks. He paused only briefly to marvel at the large ships and freighters that were anchored there. Most of them busy loading and unloading different cargo. He looked back and forth but the forklift was nowhere in sight. That’s when he heard the loud rhythmic footfalls of ten foot high heels clacking against the concrete pavement.  He turned and gulped as his boss Bridgette Murphy stood to loom over him the broken forklift cradled in her left hand.

                “Sorry, Danielson.” She spoke with a cold demeanor. Her lips were pursed and she looked generally displeased. “You’ve been replaced.” In one instant she crumbled the forklift in her hands like an aluminum can letting it fall and crash to the ground mere feet away from Greg. It was twisted and warped into an unrecognizable mess rubber, gasoline and crushed machinery.

                “Replaced?” Greg asked with a skeptic look. “What about my old job.”

                “It now belongs to Roger.” On cue a giant of man with dark skin emerged from behind Bridgette. He looked taller than even Ramona but still barely passed his bosses knees.

                Greg nodded in agreement. It was only common sense. Roger had been virtually doing his job for the last three month’s anyway and in half the time.

                “So what does that mean for me?”

                Bridgette sighed clearly more than fed up with even having to leave her office and interact with a normal. “The main branch feels your “talents” could be used elsewhere so they’ve put you in charge of repairs.”

                Greg cursed to himself. Bridgette personally oversaw repairs. Sure she was technically warehouse manager but the warehouse pretty much ran itself. Most of her job was in the financial department and repairs contributed a large part to their annual income. He could only hope he would be put on call. It might actually be nice to get out of the warehouse and see the city, maybe visit the other branches, meet with customers, it might even be worth having to report to her every day. 

                “So I guess I head to front and pick up a truck?” Greg tried.

                “No such luck Danielson.” Bridgette stated. “All our trucks have already been assigned. You’re with me.”

                “Don’t you work in the office?” Greg questioned.

                “Not anymore.” She spat bitterly. “Apparently there have been some rather sour claims about are company by the competition as of late. They want me out there to help with relations and show the customer we care.” She put on a plastic smile.

                Greg cursed again.

 

                “And you’re sure this is safe?” The woman asked worried. She stared with concern as the normal man installed the guardrails on her countertop. She then glanced at the other women standing next to her.

                “Of course.” Bridgette insisted. “The bars are made of high quality stainless steel. Greg here can demonstrate.” She nudged her tiny partner in the back knocking him over. He shot her a look before heading towards the bars and giving them a strong shake. They didn’t budge.

                “See nothing to worry about.” He smiled up to the concerned class 2 mother.

                “I just worry that Jeffrey might fall?” she insisted. “I usually carry him when we’re in the kitchen but he’s getting older now and I want him to be independent but after the last ones.”

                “Don’t worry ma’am.” Greg comforted. “At Tolli safety is our number one priority.” He then hurdled over the five foot railing and plummeted toward the ground shocking both women. He landed safely within the nylon safety mesh that extended outward ten feet down. He climbed up and into Bridgette’s expecting hands. Both Tolli representatives smiled cheerfully at the mom.

                “You’ve convinced me.” She nodded offering Bridgette her hand and the deal was sealed with a friendly shake. Soon papers were being signed and the women was cutting Bridgette a generous check, before they headed out waving cheerfully as the satisfied customer gave her final thanks.

                When the door finally shut they dropped their façade; the cheery welcoming smile replaced with frowns of exasperation and annoyance. Whatever hope he had of enjoying his new job were dashed as soon as he met the clients. The overprotective mom was refreshing after spending the entire morning listening to trivial complaints from dissatisfied customers who had no real problem with the services and were just looking for a refund. It was a symptom of the market. Tolli now had competition and many clients were looking for cheaper options. Of course those options were nowhere near as good as Tolli and half the orders were reinstalls for people who had jumped ship only to come crawling back when their normal family member couldn’t go upstairs because a Equaltec brand elevator decided to crap out on them. You get what you pay for.

                “Fuck that took forever!” Greg whined. “I can’t believe she wanted it all replaced.”

                “You could have warned me you were gonna jump.” Bridgette sneered. “Do you know how much time it takes to file and accident report.”

                “She needed a push!” Greg defended. “It’s not my fault she wasn’t buying your sales pitch.”

                “That’s because it wasn’t a sales pitch!” She shot. “I’ve worked too long to be back in sales.”

                Greg looked up at the sky. It was hot and the sun was riding high.

                “What time is it?” he asked. The giant women huffed before checking her watch.

                “2:30” she gasped.

                “And how many more appointments do we have.”         

                Bridgette checked her clipboard. “Five!” she groaned.

                “I fucking hate repairs.” Greg grunted

 

                The day finally ended with the sun setting and casting the sky in a deep orange red. Greg sat eagerly on Bridgette’s desk as she perused through her files making sure all the money the account was properly balanced and the appointments for the day had been cataloged. The process normally didn’t take very long but was otherwise distracted by a phone call from what Greg could only assume was a rather upset daughter. This left him restless as he paced back and forth on her desk waiting to receive a late check.

                “I know sweetie.” Bridgette consoled. “I’ll  see what I can do. I don’t see why one normal boy’s birthday is so important. Fine whatever you want. Mommy loves you.” She then hung up the phone and turned her attention back toward Greg. She narrowed her eyes as he gave her a rather sour look.

                “My check.”

                She reached into her desk and removed an envelope smaller than her fingernail and handed it to him. “You know most people go on direct deposit.”

                “Yeah well I’m not most people.” Greg insured. He needed his checks given to him if he wanted to keep his money a secret from Ramona. She managed the finances among many other things and there were a few things he didn’t want her knowing about…yet.  He tore open the envelope to gaze upon the paper inside. What he saw did not please him. “400 dollars!” He shot daggers in Bridgette’s direction.

                “What?” She asked nonchalantly.

                “I know I make more than 400 fucking dollars a week!” Greg yelled.

                “Normally yes.” Bridgette agreed. “But Roger’s been handling most of your work load this week so corporate cut your pay for that time.”

                “I still came in!” Greg defended.

                “And did what? Fix that broken down hunk of junk!” She snapped. “I’m sorry but that’s the decision corporate made!”

                “Corporate or you!” Greg interrogated . He’d known for a while that Bridgette was responsible for all the new elevated employees. She wasn’t very keen on normal and it was no secret she was responsible for getting most of the normal staff laid off. Part of her “restructuring” .

                “If I wanted to fire you I would!’ she stated. “Instead I leave you with half pay. You should be grateful.”

                Greg would have challenged this but the truth was: he was grateful. Jobs in labor were harder to find for normal. They literally couldn’t compete. He never went to college and he was lucky he got this job when he did. He probably didn’t need to work as Ramona made way more than he did, but his pride wouldn’t let him leech of her. Plus he had certain things he needed his own money to accomplish.

                “Thank you.” He managed almost too soft for Bridgette to register.

 

The class 2’s expression softened slightly. “With this new position you’ll get more regular hours, hours we can actually pay you for.”

Greg sighed and left of the side ramp of Bridgette’s desk before leaving her office feeling bitter sweet. He was happy he still had a job but angry that things were being delayed another week. He said his goodbyes to Muriel before heading home under the stars of the night sky.

 

It had gotten dark quickly as Greg walked back through the city towards Ramona’s apartment. He was forced to catch the last bus waiting for his check and missed his transfer because of it. This meant he was forced to take the hours walk through the city back home. This was fine with him as he needed time to think. The day had been pretty shit all things considered. He was really counting on that last check. He walked past a jewelry store and peered through the window. On display was a green emerald ring Ramona’s favorite color sized to fit elevated fingers. It was a simple gem but pure and elegant. The tag red sale and the price was 24k.

“Still looking or do you plan to buy?” he heard in a nasally high pitched voice. He turned around to see a shockingly tall thin man waving at him. It Barney the store owner opening the door to greet him.

“I don’t have it today Barn.” Greg sighed. “I really thought I would too.”

“We do have layaway.” The man informed. He gave him a wink and Greg could see the eye that changed color when he elevated. The old man claimed it let him see through walls. “ I won’t even charge you interest if you put down half the deposit.”

Greg beamed. “Really!”

“Sure as long as you put some down in cash.” The man informed. “We all have bills to pay.”

“I don’t have any cash on me.” Greg blurted.

“I think there’s a bank a few blocks up but I don’t know if there still open.”

“Do they have an A.T.M.?!”

Barney shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t close yet Barn I’ll be back in a moment.” Greg raced out the door and down the block happy that this day had a silver lining.

 

René had decided she needed to move on. Her crew was holding her back. She sat in on a trash can in corner of an alley with her two partner’s eyeing the passersby. All three of them had elevated but she was the only one who actually changed. There was Brock a bruiser. He was the muscle of the group and elevation had made that statement truer than ever. He was 15 feet of pure ugly muscle and nothing to do with it. He didn’t seem to gain any enlightenment with his new status and was content to indulge in his baser desires and otherwise perpetuate the dumb grunt trope.

Then there was Terry. He was never a powerhouse but he was always good for spotting scores. He had keen eyes, fast hands, and good instincts common traits of a pickpocket. When he elevated it wasn’t as dramatic as Brock but he was taller, faster, smarter, and just as short sighted. He couldn’t see past the next easy take only wanting enough to further enable his ever changing addiction. One week it was coke, the next week heroin,  he was always chasing the next rush as if somehow elevation wasn’t enough. Poor fool didn’t realize as an elevated that shit didn’t affect him much anymore if at all.

Finally there was her. René Johnson. She could remember a childhood where she actually relied on these two. She closed her eyes and let the visions play in her head. As a kid she bounced from foster home to foster home till she finally had enough and just ran off when she turned 16. She had been taken in by these two to live in a shitty motel paid with their meager scores. They shared the experience of foster care together and could relate to each other. Of course those ties weren’t very thick and she had to give them something in order to stay with them. It helped that she was cute. Then they elevated the both of them and for a time things were good. They were making more money and finally moving up. Soon things stalled and it was clear they had peaked too early. Terry was falling back into his vices and Brock just didn’t have the imagination to plan a decent score. It seemed they were destined to remain lower class trash. No better than the normals. She’d all but resigned herself to her fate, forever a street rat and toy to those who had power and didn’t know what to do with it. Then it happened, midnight August, 3, 2011. It was her birthday and she’d received the greatest gift of all. Elevation.

She was smarter than Terry, stronger than Brock and had ambition. She took the power from the two idiots and assumed her natural place as their leader. She even recruited a new member, for a time. Poor Shifty, he still had five years until he was eligible for parole. Of course she also gained clarity and perspective. This small time shit was getting them nowhere. She didn’t even want to resort to it anymore. It was beneath her, but whenever she thought she’d saved enough to finally make a move. One of her two idiots managed to fuck things up. Her face scrunched as she remembered the time Terry blew their savings on a “sure thing” when he was going through his gambling face. Or the time Brock spent thousands trying to keep a class 2 women that had scamming him. It was embarrassing and worth cutting whatever lingering ties she had to the two. She decided right then that she would do one more score. A quick easy one as a final gesture to them, then she would leave them to strike out on her own and hopefully find a better life.

“I think I’ve found a mark.” Terry mused.

One last time wouldn’t hurt anybody.

 

Greg eagerly punched in his ATM password. It was 1214 the date he and Ramona first enjoyed the “pleasure” of each other. He looked at his bank account he had precisely 18,241 dollars. The amount he saved up over the last year, minus a few expenses,( like his new PS4).  A thousand was all the machine would let him withdraw and he was surprised at even that. Hopefully it would be enough to satisfy Barney until the bank opened tomorrow. He took the cash and shoved it in his coat pocket before taking off back toward the jewelers. He rushed down the block before something gripped his collar and he was lurched backward.

He landed on his chest aggravating his bruise. He screamed in pain clutching his tender torso.

“Looks like someone’s done a  number on him already?” a voice remarked. Greg looked up to see a giant of a man equal in size to Roger standing over him. The large man looked Middle Eastern and had a nasty looking scar over his right eye. He lifted Greg off the ground by his throat. “You sure he has something on him?”

“Yeah I’m sure.” Came another voice. “I saw him withdraw a ton not two minutes ago.” Another man emerged from the shadows. His skin was pale and he looked rather like a bird with a tall thin build and beak like nose. He was shorter than the other man but still dwarfed Greg.

“Elevated.” Greg thought. “Class 1’s by the look of it.”

“What do you want?” he croaked. Causing the larger  man to tighten his grip.

“Whatever we please.” The smaller man laughed.

“Easy boys.” Came yet another voice, this one sounded softer yet more dangerous at the same time. Like a siren calling him to his inevitable doom. “We don’t want him dead.” Another figure emerged a women who stood somewhere between the other two. She had skin tanned to a dark amber and purple dyed hair cut short. Almost everything about her screamed punk rock, from her torn jeans to the tattooed that covered her body, she was beautiful and built with a physique that he could only compare to Ramona’s only slightly less pronounced and with less of a bust. He somehow knew she was a class 3 without even asking. It was her eyes, they had a glow that seemed to look past him. He stared at eyes like those every morning.

“Look this can be very simple if you cooperate.” She stated. “Just hand over your wallet and whatever cash you have on you.” She smiled at him.

Normally Greg would be more than willing to comply but not today. He couldn’t hand it over, he couldn’t start over. Despite his better judgment he shook his head.

She looked amused and sad at the same time. “Don’t be stupid, little guy. Brock can crush your skull like a grape if he wanted to.”

The big man laughed at that remark. Greg gurgled something in response.

“Ease up Brock.” She commanded.

“No.” Greg managed.

“What?” Terry asked.

“I said no you FUCK!” Greg yelled. “You’re not getting my money. Not today!”  His eyes turned angry and wild.

The women sighed. “This makes things a lot harder for you.” She waved a hand and Greg could see the man. “Brock’s?” hand raised and cock back ready to give him a quick lights out punch. Before he could Greg pressed his forehead into Brock’s nose with as much force as he could muster. The impact was heavy and he felt like he was head butting steel but he did feel something give and suddenly he was dropping toward the ground.

 

René couldn’t believe what she just saw. Did that little guy just hurt Brock? She didn’t want to believe it but all the proof was to the contrary. Brock reared back holding a hand against his nose, blood was trickling from it.

“I think he broke my nose!”

“You fucking idiot!” Terry spouted.

 

Greg was in another world. He had managed to damage Brock but he was sure he gave himself a concussion in the process. He pressed a finger to his forehead and found it just as bruised as his chest was and it hurt like hell. He tried to regain his footing. He had to run. If he could get to the street he was sure they wouldn’t attack him with witnesses around. Before he could stand a foot pressed into his back.

“Where you think you’re going.” He heard and sure enough Terry was standing on of him twirling a pocket knife in his right hand. “You made my friend bleed. It’s only fair you pay with some blood of your own.”

Greg panicked. He reached out towards something anything! His hands found something hard and metallic and without thinking he swung it backward hitting Terry in his kneecap. The class 1 man squeaked from the sudden pain. It wasn’t much but it was enough to make him lift his foot. Suddenly another blow came to the back of his knee and he was down, then another blow and another.

René stood in shock. Was this really happening? Was this her reality? Two class ones; pillars of strength and wisdom were being out matched by one normal. She looked over at Brock who was still pinching his nose trying to stop the bleeding she gave him a sharp look and he returned her expression with a middle finger. Meanwhile Terry was being relentlessly assaulted by a half delirious man with what looked like a rusty pipe. She was sure he wasn’t hurt but the man was crazed and hitting him in the face again and again to fast for Terry to react. They were giving elevated a bad name.

“Fucking pathetic.” She grumbled to herself. Part of her wanted the guy to get away now. He had more than earned it, but she had pride and she felt she kind of owed them.

 

Greg kept up his assault every swing aimed towards Terry’s face. It was his only chance, he knew he couldn’t take them but if he stopped for even a second, if his hand slipped, if even one of his two partners decided to interfere it would be over. Out the corner of his eye he could see the women sigh to herself before approaching him. He wanted to engage but knew he couldn’t stop his assault for even a second. The tension grew with every step until she was crouching right next to him. He forced himself to stop.

“Don’t stop on my account.” She smiled. “Keep hitting the moron.”

Greg spun around smacking the pipe across the women’s face in a desperate attempt to take her out. It stopped instantly as if he’d swung it at a concrete wall and a vibration rocked his entire body. Suddenly the pipe went red hot burning his hand and forcing him to drop it. It turned to ash before it even hit the ground. The women smiled at him again before resting a hand on his shoulder.

“You have a lot of fight don’t you?” she smiled. In an instant he was pushed backwards into the opposite wall hitting it with a loud crack. “It’s really cute and trust me any other time I would probably ask you out or something.”

The wind was knocked out of Greg and he could feel himself lose start to fade as he slumped to the ground. The other two had regained their composure and went to stand next to the women.

“I’m done with you two.” She spat as she walked toward Greg. She removed his black leather jacket claiming it for herself. She ripped off the sleeves and placed it on herself it looking like a short vest on her. She reached into his pocket and fished out his wallet and his grand.

“All this for a lousy grand.” She sneered scattering the money in the air. “Enjoy it you dumb fucks.”

“What about his bank card?” Terry asked as he and Brock scrambled to collect the money. “We could probably beat the passcode out of him.”

“It’s mine now.” The women informed. “I know a guy that can crack this in a minute.”

“You can’t just-“Brock was cut off by a hard stare.

“I can do whatever the fuck I want!” the women shouted. The two flinched in fear. “Now get lost the both of you.”

They stared at her with puppy dog looks.

“NOW!”

Both men ran off and the last thing Greg saw before he blacked out was the women smiling over him.

“Sorry about all this.” He heard.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

You read it, you can't unread it. Stay tuned of more..TALES....OF....INTERE-.I mean THE NEW WORLD!!!

 

....poor Greg :(.... It's his own fault he was a little too full of himself. 

Chapter 12: Seriously Dangerous by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

This chapter just...man this chapter. Things happen. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 12: Seriously Dangerous

                Jack’s body rose and fell with the breath of his fiancé. He never could have imagined a time in his life that he’d be in the position he found himself in: neatly tucked between Liana’s warm cleavage as she slept.  Whatever this was, whatever this “tradition” of isolation they’d been through it had worked. His barriers and insecurities had been breached if not completely shattered. They could both walk around naked and neither would be the least bit embarrassed. One day they’d done exactly that. He had to admit he’d never felt closer to a women. In a way this was the most intimate relationship he’d ever had and as much as he hated the thought, in moments like this he could see building a life with her.

                He rose again as Liana took in another deep breath. He turned to look at her sleeping face. She looked so peaceful, so nice. It was a hard contrast to the person he knew she really was. Over the last three weeks as their physical intimacy grew their emotional connection stagnated. He was still very much against marrying her and she was still very much for it and of course there wasn’t much debate over who would get what they wanted. Even now as he rested snugly in her chest it wasn’t really because they enjoyed it, but yet another way she exercised control over him. Whatever pleasure either of them received was a rather confusing and contradicting side-effect, half the time he didn’t know if he loved or hated her but he couldn’t deny the truth. He was trapped.

                Suddenly Jack felt a weight in his groin and the incredible discomfort of a full bladder. He needed to relieve himself but wasn’t in the position to free himself.

                “Liana.” He yelled. “Liana!” his fiancé’s eyes flickered open. Luckily she was a light sleeper.

                “What?” She replied flatly.

                “I need to use the bathroom.” He blushed.

                “Then use the bathroom.” She stated evenly.

                Jack had to pause as his brain registered the information. “WHAT?!”

                Liana groaned. “You’re an adult. You don’t have to ask permission. You know where it is by now.”

                “I can’t get free!” Jack argued struggling in her warm confines.

                “Not my problem Jack.” She mused. “You’re a man I’m sure you’ll figure something out, but if you piss all over my nightie you won’t like the person I become.” She then closed her eyes and went back to sleep as a grin crept across her face.

                Jack yelled in frustration.  He thrashed and wiggled not gaining much for his efforts. Worse than that the pressure was building he knew he couldn’t hold out long. He pushed a hand against her flesh but it didn’t give bouncing back out almost as if it were made of rubber. He had no leverage and couldn’t find solid footing with his feet. Suddenly his world shifted and Liana turned on her side. The pressure that had constricted him on the sides now weighed down on him from the top.  He heard a loud yawn escape his captors lips. This wasn’t an accident. She was messing with him. What she didn’t realize was she’d also helped him. With the pressure redistributed he could now crawl his way to freedom. I would be slow going but hopefully he could hold on.

                Liana smiled to herself enjoying the tickle of Jack as he slowly wormed his way out of her cleavage. He picked up on things quickly. A small part of her wanted to help him but she rather enjoyed the power she had over him and the fact that even her modest pair was enough to completely immobilize him if she wished it. Soon enough his little head poked out the slit of her chest followed shortly by the rest of him. He looked up to meet her open eyes. He gave her a dissatisfied look that she returned with an evil wink. Then his eyes opened in remembrance and his hands went towards his groin he turned away sliding down the curve of her chest and unto the bed before rushing off. He was free of her but that was only the first part of his journey. She was eager to see how he managed to get off the bed.

                In his triumph and anger he’d almost for gotten his most immediate need. A light stream of hot urine trickled down his leg from his ineptness. He ran over the wrinkle of the satin sheets before coming to the edge of the bed. It was at least a 30 foot drop.

                “Shit!” he cursed before hearing a small giggle out the corner of his ear. Someone was getting off on this.

                “Don’t mess up my sheets little man.” He heard in a low tone.

                He looked down there was no way he was getting of this bed. Even if he did the bathroom was clear across the room, he was sure he couldn’t hold it that long. The liquid him pressed against his bladder like a flood. He paused closing his eyes and counting to ten. He had to think. He scanned the bed. There was nowhere to go. He turned again to Liana who had her eyes half opened as she watched him suffer alone. He made a silent plead with her. She shook her head a smiled. It was clear he’d get no help from her.

                “Maybe I will piss your sheets.” He threatened.

                Her eyes narrowed and with them a sudden chill spread through his body. That simple gesture was enough to snuff his brief defiance. He turned again toward the back rest. Her bed was next to a desk on top of which was a potted plant. It wasn’t ideal but hey any port in a storm. He ran up toward the back of the bed as fast as his legs could carry him. He tripped half way there and could feel another squirt escape him. Nothing major, but he hoped Liana didn’t notice. Soon he was up by her face and he stopped briefly to glare at her once more. She only poked her tongue at him before rolling over showing him her back. He huffed before running to the edge once more. He had to stop himself again. The desk was even height with  the bed but there was a gap between the two surfaces. It might have been small maybe a few inches to Liana but to Jack it was almost ten feet. He was in shape but no athlete and parkour was not a hobby of his. He could jump but if he missed it was almost certain death, but if he stayed and pissed Liana’s sheets he was sure he’d face something far worse than that. He groaned as he realized he had no other options.

He backed up a few paces before charging with all his might. He leaped forward and for a moment he glided thought the air almost flying. He was short and could feel the effects of gravity pull him down. He reached his hands out in desperation and to his surprise his fingers found purchase.  He lifted himself onto the cold wood of the dresser. He had survived! He laughed to no one in particular as he recovered from his brief brush with lady death.

                He didn’t have much time to celebrate his small victory as nature was still calling. He scurried over the rim of the potted plant landing in the moist dirt. He dropped his boxers and let go. He let out a deep sigh of relief. Sometimes it was almost better than sex…almost.

 

                He was a perfect match. Steve looked over the picture he held in his hand. It was of a dark haired young man with a boyish face and yellow eyes the name Jackson Tolli printed underneath.  He peered through the window at the man relieving himself in the oversized spider plant. They were twins. He’d heard of the Tolli’s, everyone had. They were one of the richest families in the world, rich enough to have enemies; powerful enemies. Or at least that’s what he figured. He wasn’t sure who had hired him but they had to have pretty deep pockets to get him out of jail. The deal was clear: kill Jackson Tolli and his record would be wiped clean. Steven Rotmer would disappear.

 

                Jack took a step backward in the afterglow of his bodily function. He’d almost felt weak. Soon his relief was replaced with anger and annoyance. This wasn’t funny at all. He had to figure out some way to gain control in this relationship or at least the illusion of it. But how does one earn the respect of a person the size of a building. He had to figure out something, the wedding was less than a week away! If he couldn’t find a way for her to treat him as an equal then what hope did he have?

 Suddenly he fell backward into something solid. Then a wire found its way around his throat. It tightened and he tried to gasp for air. Something was choking him! He couldn’t see hands around his throat he couldn’t see a person in the corner of his eye only a wire seemingly choking him on its own. He reached for it with both hands when he felt a force hit the back of his leg he fell to one knee and a weight descended on him. Someone was there. He could feel it. The wire tightened again and he could feel the blood rush to his head. Jack thrashed even as his strength left him. He gathered all his energy and thrust an elbow backward and to his surprise it hit something!?  He heard a grunt and saw an indent where whatever was trying to kill him had landed. Was this real? He didn’t believe in ghosts but in this new age anything was possible. He didn’t know what attacked him but he knew he didn’t want to find out.

Steve smacked himself. He’d been sloppy. He’d counted on his lack of visible presence to aid him in this little assassination but apparently that wasn’t enough and now his mark was off and running. He got back on his feet and chased after him. He could still salvage this. He spent the last week scouting for an opportunity to get this guy by himself and he wasn’t going to waste it.

Jack leaped off the plant landing on the desk with a hard thud. He had to get to Liana. He looked behind him and saw nothing. Would she even believe him if he told her what was happening? He didn’t even believe it himself. He looked forward her back was still turned.

“Liana!” he shouted. There was no response. “LIANA!” he reached the edge and was about to leap forward when he was yanked backward. Something fist like hit him square across the face. Then he felt something else knee him in the groin. He buckled in pain then the wire was back on him. He face hit the desktop hard and he felt a knee press against his back. Someone was there!

“Why are you doing this? Jack croaked.

“Nothing personal man.” He heard in a gravely monotone. “You just got in someone’s way.”

“Please stop th-!” he was cut off as the wire dug deeper into his throat. He could feel his eye bulge out of there sockets. This was it, he was dying. He had regrets. The last thing he saw before he faded was Liana’s back. She wouldn’t take this very well. He knew how much she hated it when things didn’t go her way. Then everything went dark.

A bright light filled the room hurting Jack’s eyes. Was this the stairway to heaven.

“Jack I swear if your shitting in my plant I’m going to be very upset with you!” he heard in Liana’s signature whine. Apparently he wasn’t quite dead yet as he could see her large form staring down at him with a confused look. He reached a hand out toward her but it fell to the ground.

                “Jack?” her eyebrows rose. “Are you okay?”

                He gasped his last breath.

`               “JACK!” She her hand toward him letting out a small peep as it collided with something.  Jack hacked and wheezed as he drew in life giving oxygen.

                “Jack what’s wrong.”

                “There’s…. someone here.” He choked trying to regain his composure. “I think….he’s invisible.”

                “Uh oh.” Steve said to himself. He went to make his escape but before he could a giant hand smacked him across the side as it swept across the desk.

                “I hit something!” Liana revealed.

                “It must be him!” Jack shouted. “The ghost killer!”

                Steve rose to his feet but the hand was on him again this time pinning him to the desk with amazing force. It felt like his body was being sat on by an elephant.

                “I think I’ve got him.” Liana revealed. She could feel something human underneath her palm and wrapped her hands around it.

                “Show yourself she ordered.”

                There was silence.

                “Now before I crush the life out of you!” She increased the pressure of her grip on the invisible mass and earned a pained scream for her efforts.

                “Okay okay!” Steve relented. Suddenly a naked man appeared in Liana’s grasp. He was tall and well-built with salt and pepper hair and lightly tanned skin.

                “Who sent you?” Liana asked. Her face was cold and even her eyes still; hiding the rage that brewed beneath.

                The man remained silent.

                “Who sent you?” she repeated. “I already know but I need to hear it.”

                “I-I cant.” Steve informed. “I don’t know! Two people came to my cell and gave me a picture saying kill Jackson Tolli and I’m a free man.”

                “And you went along with it?” Liana asked a bit of venom escaping with her words.

                “I had no choice.” Steve revealed. “They had pictures of me while I was in the joint, evidence of crimes they hadn’t charged me with. I-I was up for parole in a few years and if they showed those to the warden I’d be in there for the rest of my life! They offered me a chance and I took it.”

                “What’s your name?” Liana asked.

                “What!?”

                “I said what your name!” Liana repeated louder squeezing  Steve tighter.

                “STEVE!” he shrieked. “STEVE ROTMER!”

                “You’ve really fucked up Steven.” Liara revealed. She pointed a figure towards Jack who stared in awe at the events occurring before him. “He is my possession.” She stated.

                “Okay.” Steve agreed.

                “Do you know what happens to people who try to take my possessions away from me?”

                Steve’s face went pale.

                “I break them Steve.” She said calmly. She increased the pressure on him and he screamed. “I break them” She squeezed tighter. “I crush them.” Tighter. “I kill them.” Jack could hear bones crushing as Steve continued to writhe in agony.

                “Liana I think that’ s enough.” Jack spoke up.

                “YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!” she snapped her cool demeanor breaking for just an instant. Then she turned back to Steve and her eyes froze over again and the hauntingly calm expression returned.

                “Tell the person who hired you if he ever tries this again I’ll kill him with my bare hands.” She ordered.

                Steve nodded.

                “Better yet I’ll tell him myself.” A wicked smile crossed Liana’s face and in an instant she brought her hand down on the desk with a sickening crunch. A muffled cry was heard and she pressed down harder and it was instantly silenced. A pool of blood seeped from underneath her palm. She then used her other hand to reach for a tissue. She brought it to her palm and used to cover the body so Jack wouldn’t see it. She took another and wiped the remaining blood from her palm. She then wrapped the corpse in more tissue until all that was left of Steven Rotmer was  wrapped in tissue and tossed out the window like forgotten trash.

                Jack remained frozen. He wasn’t sure what to say.

                “Are you alright darling?” Liana asked. “He didn’t hurt you did he?”

                Jack could only shake his head still numb from what he just witnessed.

                “Okay but I still want the maids to check you out in the morning.” She pressed her lips against the top of his head before turning off the light. “Come back to bed when you’re ready.”  She then laid back and drew the covers over her before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

End Notes:

Holy shit she just killed that guy! O_O ....I wonder who Steven Rotmer even was?

We have a lot of people we could check on after this. Rain, Tyler, Dave and Amanda, Mary and Emily,  Greg and Ramona, Jack again. Who would you be interested in seeing. I'm not saying it will effect anything but I just want to know who's popular. 

Chapter 13: A Day in the New World by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

I've been waiting to write this chapter. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 13: A Day in the New World

 

JACK:  Life and Death

                “She killed him.” Jack mumbled to himself. “She actually killed him.” The event played back in his head over and over. The slam, the crack and the man’s last muffled scream before Liana ended everything with that last…pop. She had just murdered a man. For him, a man died so that he could live. What did this mean? Did she love him or was this just another way she could exhibit her power and control. How could she do it? Take a life, a human life so easily. What did that mean for him? The man must have been an elevated and she snuff out his life as if here were a common house spider. Jack was just a normal; he stood no chance at all. He had to leave, he didn’t know how but it had to be now.

He looked over to see the window was still open. Maybe he could crawl out and climb down somehow. It would be a long walk but he might be able to make it to another building, then he would find his mom and they would both leave this place together. He tried to run but his legs were still numb, they felt like lead and didn’t permit him movement past a slow shuffle. Still he traveled until he reached the window seal. He took his first step onto the lower molding when the window slid shut. He turned to see Liana staring down at him with a calm, almost caring expression. She extended an open palm to him, the same palm that just killed a man with such ease.

“Come here.” She ordered.

He complied not foolish enough to defy her. Her fingers wrapped around him and he flinched as he was surrounded by their almost comforting warmth.

“You’re afraid of me again.”

Jack nodded. She sighed.

“And we’d made so much progress.” She rubbed at him with a finger sending shivers down his spine. “I’d never hurt you Jack, but I’d also never let anything hurt you. You’re worth too much to me.”

“Not worth a life.” Jack managed.

Liana smiled. “There’s so much about me you don’t know Jack. Let me tell you a story.”


LIANA: A Childhood Story.

Liana inspected a shivering Jack in her hand. His was bruised and he had red marks on his neck. She was even happier she killed that would be assassin. It would send Arthur a message. Nobody damages her things. And what damage he had done. In an instant three weeks of work flew out the window with Steven Rotmer. They were back to square one. Then suddenly an idea came to mind, a  small memory of her childhood with her sister. Maybe a little clarity would help Jack understand her better and they could get things back on track.

“I have a sister. Her name’s Lilly. She’s a class 3. As you can imagine growing up as a class 2 with an older sister who’s a class 3 there were naturally many confrontations.”

Jack nodded.

“We were born close together. Only two years apart. I elevated first when I was five. She elevated three years later. I-I wasn’t a very good sister in my time before that. I teased her often and used her as one of my dolls. It was nothing too serious and I never hurt her but I did leave an impression. When she elevated all she could think about was revenge against me for what I’d done. Soon it was an all-out war in our home. I would flush her down the toilet; she would burn off all my hair. As we grew we became more devious. She would sabotage my birthday party. I would step on her car, but we never attacked each other personally. Until one day we both went too far.”

Jack could only nod his eyes locked on hers completely absorbed in the story.

“You probably won’t believe this but I wasn’t very popular as a child. As a giant most kids were afraid of me and that didn’t improve my attitude. When I matured I was beautiful, but still a wall flower. I didn’t make friends easily nor have the courage to ask out guys. One day my sister brought a boy over. I don’t remember his name but I remember how he looked. The cutest blonde hair, he was a tall class 1 foreigner. I liked him and too my surprise he liked me. I’d only later find out that he didn’t like me as a person but had some kink for big girls.” Liana giggled. “One day my sister walked in on us making out. Or about as much as you could with such a size different. We were both half naked. It didn’t look good. She lost it! She went on a rampage completely destroying my room. You’d be surprised how much damage a girl her size can do.  Now for a girl who was never really popular sometimes the things you collect become your friends. I had a stuffed rabbit mother had given me when I elevated. His name was Jasper. She ripped his head off.  Something in me snapped and I grabbed her. It was no easy task in most cases she’s much stronger than me but I had anger and adrenaline on my side. It was mad harder by her constantly assaulting me with her power. My body was becoming cold and numb and what felt like a million tiny needles were sticking my skin but I didn’t care.  I took one of her arms and snapped it in half like a toothpick. She cried for hours on my bedroom floor until our parents came home. I could only stare at her with dead eyes I didn’t know it at the time but I had been crying too. I realized that day how far I would go to keep the things I love even so much as destroying the things I loved more. I promised to myself I would never hurt the things I loved again and I would never let anyone put me in the position where I lose myself like that, because I might hurt my loved ones in the process.”

“You love me?” Jack whispered.

“Of course Jack, just like I loved Jasper.” She smiled. “I killed that man so he couldn’t do this again because if he did I don’t know what would happen. If you got in the way like you tried to earlier I might not be able to stop myself from hurting you like I did Lily.”

Jack tried to absorb what she was telling him. She said she loved him and he almost believed it. He just didn’t know if he wanted to be loved by someone so dangerous. “I guess you don’t see your sister much anymore.”

Liana laughed. “She’s my maid of honor.”


THE MAIDS: Garbage Disposal

Ferris and Fran shared a look. They stood side by side in the dark outside there mistresses room looking over the mangled corpse of Steven Rotmer.  She was hopeless sometimes. The man was naked and had nothing on him but further investigation discovered a small file just outside the window. It had a picture of the mistresses’ fiancé and a rather in depth dossier on him. Apparently master Tolli only ever had two girlfriends and has had his tonsils removed, twice.

“The mistress may be right.” Spoke Fran. “Not many people could get this kind of info on a family like the Tollis so easily.”

“Arthur Warren.” Spoke Ferris. I warned mistress not to even entertain the idea of him as a suitor. The man is a boar and entirely to self-entitled.”

                “I suppose her mother should be informed?” Fran proposed.

                “Not yet. We don’t know for sure and if Mistress Laura gets involved this could get messy before it has to.”

                “We don’t want our bride murdering someone on her wedding day.” Fran argued. “Arthur’s blood would completely ruin mistresses’ dress. Very bad if she has a daughter of her own and wants to pass it on.”

                “Trust me mistress will want proof first so she can act with impunity. If we move to early our actions might end in….punishment. “Both girls shuttered and instinctively moved their hand to cover their bottoms.

                “What about the stiff?” Fran reminded.

                “Bury him in the garden.” Ferris answered. Both women lifted up the dead body of Steven Rotmer before carrying him into the dark. Before dawn he would be six feet under a rather charming bush of red roses.


JOHNATHAN: Calling Home

                It took two weeks of hard labor but he was finally done. Jonathan wiped the sweat from his brow. The gazebo and probably one of his finest works was finished. It was an octagonal design with the alter in the middle.  A walkway circled around the edges a few feet over the maximum height of the class 2 guests that would be attending. Normally he would need someone to send him the info but he had the fortune of personally knowing the tallest guest that would be attending. It was beautiful. The wedded couple would propose in the center. The groom would stand on a single walkway that extended form the outside edge. This walkway would also be the isle the Tolli family would sit in guaranteeing them the best view. The Bretmisses would circle the bride inside the gazebo while other important class 2’s would circle the outside. The remaining smaller guests would sit in little pockets dug out the side where they would get a once in a lifetime look down on the class 2 attendees. It was perfect.

                John took out his cellphone and opened his contact list. Christine was the last person he called he pressed the call button and the phone rang. She answered after the first ring.

                “Guess what hot stuff?” he greeted. “I won’t be missing his birthday after all.” John smiled as his wife let out an eager scream. It was nice to know she missed him as much as he missed her.


TYLER: What Day is it?

                Tyler’s eyes shot open at the loud shriek that reverberated through the house. He knew instantly it was his mom. She only screamed like that when she got really good news. Tyler rubbed the sleep from his eyes and checked the clock. It was 6:30. He shrugged it was as good a time as any to get up. He had to get started on his homework anyway and he was sure Rain would be visiting soon. The girl had stopped by frequently after elevation. She was adamant he help her figure out her powers. Over the last week they’d only figure out she could fly and of course she was strong. She could even lift Sammy with considerable effort and she was only a teenager.

                Suddenly his room shook and his roof was removed rather roughly.

                “Good morning Sammy.” Tyler sighed.

                “There’s our special boy!” his sister cheered. Soon her stubby fingers were upon him and he was raised to look at her sunny expression. He would never understand where she got so much energy.

                “What are you taking about kid?” Tyler grumbled. “And why are you waking me so early, on a Saturday?”

                “Because.” She teased.

                “Because what?”

                “I can’t tell you, it’s a surprise.” She smiled. “But I can give you a hint. It happens on your birthday.”

                Tyler looked confused his birthday wasn’t for another?

                “Holy shit!” he cursed causing Sammy to gasp. “What day is it?”

                “The tenth.” Sammy smiled. Her brother’s birthday was in two days and he’d completely forgotten.


SAMMY: Boys

Sammy looked down at her brother as the realization of his upcoming birthday hit him. How could he forget his birthday? She knew hers. January 5th. Boys were weird. She remembered Ryan and how excited she was to sit next to him on their field trip. What a disappointment that had been. The entire ride he wouldn’t shut up about his toy cars that were actually real cars or how he has the biggest room in the house. He didn’t once talk about her or ask her what she liked. What was worse was when he talked about his older brother and how he could make him do whatever he wanted. Buy him toys and games, do his homework, he even bragged about how once when he brother got mad at him he took him an put him his shoe and forced him to smell his stinky feet for an hour. He was proud of it. That was the last straw for Sammy. She’d slapped him when they got to the crater and had to be sent home early. Mommy was upset at first but when they got home she wasn’t even grounded for it.

She looked down at Tyler in her hand. She could still remember when he used to give her piggyback rides. He couldn’t anymore but that didn’t stop her from wishing he could. Still at least she could carry him around now, and he couldn’t call her a shrimp anymore either.

She skipped down the hall him still in her hand. She had a new crush now. A little boy named Johnny who would spend recess drawing in chalk on the blacktop.  She’d joined him a few times and once they even drew a picture of each other. His was better and she was determined to figure out how he did it. Maybe she could bring him to Tyler’s party. It was bound to be fun and she was sure nobody would get mad. She’d just carry him in her pocket after school was over. No one would even have to know.


LAUREN: She Did Say She Knew Someone

                Lauren watched with tired eyes as her sister Sammy pranced down the hallway with a frazzled Tyler in her hands.

                “So much energy.” She mumbled before turning her head back towards her computer screen. She heard the mom’s scream too and knew what it meant but you don’t see her prancing up and down about it. She checked her latest email. It was a message from René. Apparently she needed help breaking a bank card she lifted off some schmuck. She’d known René since high school before either of them elevated and they were both social outcasts. The young freshmen kind of looked up to her and Lauren saw her as another younger sister. She knew what a troubled girl she was. She’d tried to help in the past but her friend was always pretty closed off. She was there when René elevated and hoped that with her turn she would start leading a better life. Apparently not, hopefully she’d at least stop associating with those two idiots she smoked with between classes.   Still they kept in touch and Lauren would even help her out with her “scores” once in a while if only to keep her out of jail. She replied back with a time and date. Then went about her web surfing. There was an interesting article about a girl in Wisconsin who claimed her sister turned into a fairy with antennae, wings and everything else. Apparently she could even make plants grow. Lauren clicked on the link it claimed there were pictures and even broadcast news coverage. This had to be some elaborate prank.


EMILY: Awkward

                Emily stared down at Mary who had chosen to sleep on her new bed she’d bought instead of sharing hers. Had she figured it out? Emily hadn’t exactly been hiding her feelings but at the same time she was too nervous to confess outright. For the moment she was content to tease Mary and had hoped things would stay the same between them for a little longer at least. When Mary had returned from her day off things had been, awkward. She had to know. Emily covered her face with her hands. Had she blown it before she even really tried? All she wanted was for Mary to be happy, and hopefully happy with her. She’d crushed on Mary pretty hard in high school but was never sure she was good enough. Plus Mary was so popular she had guys around her all the time. She was always so far out of reach. Things had changed since then but maybe they had changed too much. She screamed into her pillow.

                “Why are things always so complicated!?” Part of her didn’t want to give Mary a choice and just claim her as her own. What could Mary do? She was smaller than a pencil to her, but that wasn’t fair and a relationship like that wouldn’t be worth anything. All she could do was put herself out there and hope it didn’t hurt too much when she got rejected.


MARY: Memories and Feelings

                Mary knew Emily was watching her sleep. As quiet as the giantess tried to be at her scale it was impossible to hide the tremor of her footsteps or the sound of her breath. She knew she would have to do something soon but it was fun watching Emily quake or hear her scream into her pillow. It felt like they were back in high school. Now that Ramona had pointed it out it her memories of back then seemed so different. They were the ones she’d always had but with new information they were seen in a completely different context. Suddenly bathing together after swim class seemed weirder. Suddenly those sleepovers had s new meaning especially when Emily used to cuddle next to her. She was now aware of the giantess’ eyes as they strayed from her eyes to her chest and hips when they talked. She thought she would be revolted but to her surprise she wasn’t. She could swear sometimes she almost enjoyed it, and her memories didn’t seem tainted but enhanced.

Still this was all too new to her. Her life had been a mess before this job and she didn’t know if she was emotionally ready for a relationship of any kind. Man or women. Even so she knew it wasn’t fair to string Emily along. She removed her covers and rose from her bed surprising the giant celebrity.

“Emily I think we need to talk.”


CHRISTINE: Breakfast

                Christine glided around her kitchen with an extra pep in her step. She hadn’t felt this excited in months. She decided today she would prepare another big breakfast. She might even make this a habit on the weekends. Two of her children were already downstairs so she decided they would help her with breakfast. Sammy would set the table while Tyler would be her special little helper. Even now he was pushing a shaker of cinnamon to her for the French toast. Not an easy task but she knew he would get it to her in time and that let her concentrate on cutting the fruit for the stuffing. Of course every one of her children would want a different one, even Megan who had gone for her run early this morning, even Rain might be stopping by.

                “Are you excited for your big day?” She asked Tyler. The boy jumped at the sudden question.

                “I guess.” He replied. “It’s not like It’s a big deal I’m only turning seventeen.”

                “I think you’ll enjoy it more than you realize.” She smiled. 

                Suddenly she heard a loud knock at the door.


RAIN: At Her Fingertips

                Rain floated in the air outside Tyler’s front door using the power she had been gifted with but still couldn’t fully understand. She was excited to reveal what she had discovered last night. She extended a finger and a spark of wild energy formed a bubble at its point. She fired it at the door and it collided resulting in a loud knocking sound. Suddenly the door flew open and she was greeted by the massive face of Tyler’s mom.

                “Good morning Rain.” She beamed. A large smile was plastered along her giant canvas of a face.

                “Good morning Ms. Walters.” She bowed in the air. “Is Tyler awake?”

                “He’s helping me with breakfast right now!” she beamed. Both women went toward the kitchen to finish breakfast.


MEGAN: Absent

                Megan continued her jog along the edge of the city getting ever closer toward the docks. She had left a little early just for a chance to catch him and was slightly excited to see her little stalker once more. She didn’t talk to normal men much besides Tyler and that man seemed so…independent. If he was like that then maybe there was hope for Tyler after all. She wasn’t sure how but some way she would get those two to meet. She just had to build a relationship, become “friends” with him. He said he was taken and she worried about his girlfriend. Hopefully she was the understanding sort. It’s not like she wanted to get with him. The guy was cute but she didn’t dig normals. To afraid she might break them plus he was like five years older than her, even if that sounded like a rather weak justification that was really all she had. She wasn’t sure this would even work.  

                She was soon at the docks and she paused to sit on the field where they had met the previous day. He wasn’t there. She did leave early maybe he hadn’t shown up yet. She decided to wait for a moment and see. After about twenty minutes the sun had risen and he still hadn’t shown up. She knew this was a longshot to begin with. What would she even say to him?

                “Hey I know you were staring at me but want to meet my little brother?” She groaned at her stupidity. She hadn’t thought this through. She was secretly glad he didn’t show up. It was Saturday maybe he didn’t work the weekends. She’d try again Monday. She went to continue her jog secretly grateful he wasn’t there. She needed time to prepare a proper line.


GREG: Aftermath

                Greg sat anxiously in his hospital bed. The doctor was overreacting. All he had been a few bruises, and some cracked ribs, and a concussion. Okay maybe he wasn’t overreacting but none of that hurt as much as knowing that he’d been such a weak failure. His money was gone. His card was gone. His cellphone had been in his jacket with everything else so he couldn’t even call and cancel his card. Yet even that was nothing to how he knew he would feel when Ramona stopped by. He managed to crawl his way out of the alley to collapse on the street a woman had found him and called the cops. Moments later he was in the back of an ambulance being rushed to county. Apparently he could have died. Ramona was his emergency contact so it was only a matter of time. He’d talked to her briefly the night before but he was to out of it to remember the conversation. All he could remember was the sound of angry yelling mixed with tears. She would probably be there with him if the hospital’s visiting hours weren’t already over but he was sure it was only a matter of time.

                The door burst open and Ramona flew into the room. Before he could react her arms were around him and he was assaulted with a shower of kisses.

                “Greg what happened to you?!” She cried.

                “I-I was mugged.” He admitted.

                “Mugged?” She stepped back surprised. “Why?”

                Greg paused. He wasn’t sure what to tell her. Should he reveal what he was trying to do what he wanted? NO. He couldn’t. It would only make him feel like more of a failure and less of a man. It was worth starting over as long as he didn’t fall any lower in her eyes.

                “They were having this sale on T.V.’s and I thought we could use one. I went to the back to check my balance and see if I had enough. They must have seen me make a withdrawal. Slowly Ramona’s face turned from worry to anger. Greg could see a fire building in her eyes. He’d seen this anger before. He briefly flashed back to that day. The argument they had about her elevation. That led to their “break” and probably one of the worst years in Greg’s life. He suddenly became really scared not for himself but the assailants.

                “Who were they?” She growled. “What did they look like?”

                “I already told the cops I don’t remember much, except one guy was really big. I think one called him Brock. They’re going to run the name through the system and bring me back some mug shots of possible suspects. That’s really all I know.”

                Ramona’s body tensed as she rewrapped her arms around Greg.

                “I’m sorry…I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you.”

                “It’s not your fault.” Greg consoled. “You can’t be around me all the time. I shouldn’t have made myself such an obvious target.”

                “Never again.” Ramona stated. “This will never happen to you again. I’ll make sure of it.”

                “Don’t do anything foolish, Red. I still need you around.”

                Ramona giggled slightly. “I can’t promise you anything, but right now I’m just glad you’re okay.”

                “It’ll take more than a few elevated chumps to hurt me.” Greg boasted.


RAMONA: Anger and Regret

                Ramona had never felt so angry in her entire life. She knew she would make them pay for hurting Greg for making him feel so weak. She knew how important his confidence was to him. He was constantly trying to prove himself to her. It was her fault. She knew it because of what she’d said to him what she’d done. It was a day neither of them acknowledged, and actively tried to forget.  She’d regretted it as soon as she it happened and it would shame her for the rest of her life.  She would make them all pay. She just needed to know where to start. Hopefully Greg would be able to remember the face of one of them. She would make him pay first.


DAVE: Parting is Sorrow

                Dave helped pack up Amanda things as well as he could. It was hard to fold her clothes with one arm but he had over three years to learn to cope. It was slower than it normally took but he was making progress. He knew she didn’t really need the help but it was a convenient excuse to be close to her. His arm started to shake and he had to fight back the tears. The day he’d feared had finally come to pass. He’d known for a long time the only thing keeping Barbara at bay was the fact that Amy hadn’t elevated. He hated to admit it but Barbara was right. When it came to elevation he didn’t know a damn thing.  She loved her daughter almost as much as he did and when the news of Amy’s elevation broke it became obvious their days together were numbered. She could help relate to Amanda more than he ever could.

                He heard her steps as she walked down the hall. Soon she was standing bent down in the doorframe. Even their home was too small for her. She wore a solemn expression as she stared down at him.

                “The car’s here Daddy.” She half spoke.

                Dave sighed and handed her the suitcase he’d packed. She took it and him in her arms for one last hug.

                “I’m gonna miss you.” She cried.

                “Cheer up.” Dave comforted. “You’ll get a nice big room with a big T.V. and hallways you don’t have to crouch to walk down in.”

                “I don’t need those things daddy.” She let go of the hug.

                “I’ll visit you this weekend, help you  get settled in.”

                A horn honked from outside. Barbara must’ve been getting impatient.

                “You’d better go.” Dave nudged his daughter with his one arm. “You don’t want you r mother upset with you.”

                “Goodbye daddy.” She waved to him before heading out the door leaving Dave alone. He took a seat in an easy chair looking at his apartment. It seemed so empty now.


AMANDA: Silence

                Amanda sat quietly as her mother drove down the south highway to her house. She was thinking of the right words to say, the right sentence to signify how she felt. Then it hit her.

                “You can’t keep me forever.” She uttered.

                “I don’t need forever.” Barbara responded. “Only two years.”  

                They continued the drive in silence.


BARBARA: Superiority

                Barbara finally reached her home in Richford Heights. It was a stately 2 story built far larger than it had to be considering no class 2’s lived there. Still she was quite proud of it. It took her almost a year to find a decent neighborhood surrounded with people of her caliber. She knew for a fact that a celebrity lived in one her houses with the rest of her family. All class 2 women if you could imagine. She hoped Amanda would make friends with them soon. It was important she learn to interact with other elevated instead of slumming with the normal like her father. She turned to glance at her daughter. She was still sulking.

                “Cheer up it’s not going to be that bad. Trust me.”

                “I had friends were I lived mom. What about them?”

                “You’re still in the same district. You can see your friends as school, besides you’ll make new friends like that girl who was with you when you visited your father. She seemed nice and she was a class 3. You can’t find girls like that in your father’s neighborhood.”

                “That was Rain mom. I’ve known her for years. She only just elevated Monday. Her family lives right down the street from dad.”

                “And I’m sure they’d live here if they could. Just look around you. You can’t argue that this is better.”

                “I don’t care if its better it’s not what I want.”

                “Give it a chance Amy.” Barbara defended. She walked around her large S.U.V. and opened the door for her daughter. “Walk around, meet new people. You may discover you have a lot in common.”

                “What about dad huh?” Amanda protested. “What’s he supposed to do by himself?”

                “Your father’s and adult, Amy.” She continued. “He’s more than capable of taking care of himself.

                “Not after that jackass you slept with ripped of his arm his isn’t!” she shot.

                Barbara went silent. She had no defense for that. Walter had been a major mistake made in a confusing time in her life. She just wanted to be with someone she considered equal and he was fun. She didn’t expect things to get out of hand so quickly. She didn’t expect Dave to lose it like he had. They been separated emotionally for so long she’d forgotten the kind of man he was… at least used to be until that night. That was why it was more important than ever that Amy find a partner that could be her equal. So she would never have to go through the pain of losing someone you love like that. Of looking in their eyes and seeing them become so weak and inferior.

                “Go out and meet people.” Barbara ordered.

                “But.”

                “That wasn’t a request.” Barbara warned. “I’ll move your things to your room.”


SHEILA: Invitation

                Sheila walked out to her mailbox. She looked across the street towards the Walter’s household. If she focused she could see a young girl run up the back entrance. She knew it was Megan. They were probably about to sit down to morning breakfast. Her family never did that. It must have been nice. She reached into the box to check the mail. It was mostly bills except for a magazine to Soap Digest and a light blue letter addressed to her with no stamp or return address. It said you’re invited on it and she immediately knew what it was. Her guess was Sammy just walked up and placed it in her mailbox. She didn’t think she’d get one after Monday’s debacle but she guessed her relationship with the other members of Tyler’s family warranted an invite. It made sense, her and her mother were one of maybe three other class 2 families on the block and they did live right across the street.

                She smiled and jumped up and down in excitement.

                “Good news?” she heard from below. She looked down to see a girl with four powerful looking arms staring up at her form just below her waist.

                “Um, yeah.” She answered. “Do I know you?”

                “I’m Amanda.” The girl replied. “I’ve seen you around school a few times.”

                “You live around here?” Sheila asked. She thought she knew about all the elevated in her neighborhood.

                “I just moved here.” Amanda responded.  “I’m trying to meet new people.” She raised all four of her arms in air quotes.

                “Well I guess you met me. I’m Sheila.” She shook Amanda’s hand and was surprised by the strength of her grip. “You want to hang out?”


RENE: Moving On

                René stared at the ID in the wallet she lifted. Gregory Markus Danielson it read. He was 24 years old and was 6’1 and 200 pounds. He was also an organ donor by the looks of it. She sat at the bar twirling the bank card in her hands. She was already at the spot she agreed to meet Lauren. A cyber bar downtown that accommodated everyone. She’d been waiting for a few hours and was starting to get a little edgy. Then a shadow cast over her and she turned to see Lauren staring down at her. She was dressed in shambles as usual with messy hair and a winkled tank top.

                “You have the card?” she asked in her classic disinterest.

                René produced the bank card which Lauren grabbed and inspected.

                “You know you really have to stop doing this.” She lectured.

                “This was my last time.” René promised. “I didn’t even really want to.”

                Lauren picked her up and walked over to an empty computer. After about fifteen minutes of typing the password was cracked and all Gregory Markus Danielson’s account information was presented on the screen. They even had his address.

                “You lucked out on this one.” Lauren stated. “There’s over eighteen grand on this thing.” She tossed the tiny card to her friend. “Passcodes 1214.”

                René smiled. She really owed Gregory Markus Danielson. He just gave her a chance at a better life.


WALTER: Mystery

                Walter sat at the bar nursing his third vodka. It took almost twice as much booze to even simulate a decent buss. He didn’t know why his parole officer chose such a nerdy place for a meeting but at least the drinks were good.

                “How’s it going Walter.” He heard in a hard voice like stone.

                “Same to you.” He replied to his parole officer. One Jacob Lawrence a hard built class one cop even Walter wasn’t stupid enough to mess with. “You been behaving.”

                “Of course I have.” He insisted. “I even got my own place and everything.”

                “Good.” Jacob nodded he signaled the bartender to pour him a drink. “I trust you remember your old cellmate. One Steven Rotmer”

                “Shifty. What about him?”

                “He’s gone missing and you’re one of his known associates.”

                “Hey, I have nothing to do with that idiot. I’ve been keeping my nose clean.”

                “That’s not why I’m asking. We have reason to believe he was approached by someone and want to know if you’ve been approached the same way.”

                “No one’s come looking for me yet. Not even my folks.”

                “And I trust if someone does you’ll do your civic duty and report it to the proper authorities. “ Jacob raised an eyebrow.

                “Scout’s honor.” Walter swore with a crooked smile.


ARTHUR: Arrival.

                Arthur stepped of the plane and onto the tarmac. He was tired and frustrated after his thirteen hour flight. The plane was cramped it was hard to afford luxury for class 2 air travel and he regretted not taking a barge. It was slower but at least he’d be able to stretch his legs. In the end it was worth it for he had reached Japan. The wedding was only a few days away and he was finally there to stop it himself. He was livid when he’d heard of his assassin’s failure. He shouldn’t have relied on an amateur. No he would handle things himself this time. He would end this wedding by any means necessary and make Liana his.         

End Notes:

So yeah everyone got checked up on..I think. At least everyone who mattered. If I forgot anyone well they were probably a chump anyway. I was trying to make it a surprise but I'm sure some of you figured it out anyway...(cough ACKBAR cough cough.)...anyway I can only hope I didn't botch this too bad and that you readers enjoyed it.

I've been updating this story too frequently I think it's time to take a break and fade back into obscurity for a few weeks. Besides according to certain "trends" I've met my quota soooo. BYE!...The balls in your court other authors. 

Bios by MrSirk
Author's Notes:

TADAAA!!!

 

 

Geez this took forever to figure out! Sorry for the very rough picture and style of this upload but this is just a preview and it will be updated in the future just probably not for a few weeks. I’m away from a computer that runs photoshop so I can’t clean this up and resize it and all that and the only reason I’m telling you any of this is because I’m trying to reach the five hundred word minimum. Have I wasted enough of your time yet? Let’s get to the bio and maybe learn some things you haven’t yet.

 

Name: Jackson Tolli

Age: 24

Height: 5,11 or 180 centimeters

Weight: 134 lbs or 61 kg

 

Jackson is the youngest son ot the Tolli family a worldwide industrial juggernaut that predicted and capitalized on the needs of the changing populous. As you can imagine this puts a lot of pressure on the him to inherit and maintain his family’s company. Fortunately for him he has many siblings ready to take that spot leaving him as the family black sheep. Nothing much was ever expected of him and he doesn’t have much sense for business. Truthfully he’d rather live his life peacefully away from the family politics. (Maybe near a beach) He prefers his woman small and stoic like his mom. He’s currently engaged to Liana Bretmiss a woman that may be too much for him to handle. Lets hope he has enough strength of will to not be completely overwhelmed by her. He also seems to have unintentionally made a powerful enemy who wants him dead. Will he even make it to his wedding day? 

 

DON'T READ ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RANT!

 

Soooo….here’s the preview of what I’ve been working on. Like a said this is just a rough draft that should be updated when I get back to school in a few weeks. I plan on putting the drawings in photoshop and cleaning them up with fresh lines. I probably won't color them because that's rather time consuming and it will take anywhere between twenty minutes to an hour to clean up one.Until then maybe I’ll upload more of these roughs I don’t know -_-

Sorry if this is getting redundant but thet 500 word limit is a pain! I get it though you have to WORK to upload your stories don't want any jokers coming in here and wasting your time! I just take solice in the fact that when I do more updates on this (chapter??,,I guess?) This text won't even be here anymore. WACKA WACKA! ...Is this enough yet? NO! AAAARRRGGGHH!!! I'm really running out of ideas right now this is almost not worth it. I bet you didn't expect to read all this nonsense with your bio. A rare glimpse into the madness of an anonymous internet author! You really don't need to read any of this and if you have WOW! In fact I'm gonna put in big bold letters above this "Don't read this!" Watch. See I did It! Please let this be enough words!

 

 

 

End Notes:

..... I don't know what to say. Pretend I typed something clever or funny. 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=4064