Less Than Dust by coolcoolcool5
Summary:

When you are a micro, a woman's house is your entire world and she is basically an ever present Goddess. This story follows two POV characters Killian and Yara, as they both try to deal with the hardships of living in a world that might be to big for them. Can they survive the goddess, will they ever get her attention, I guess you'll have to read and find out. (I might add another POV character later but I'm not sure yet.)


Categories: Giantess, Crush, Feet, Unaware Characters: None
Growth: Giga (1 mi. to 100 mi.)
Shrink: Nano (1/2 in. to 2.5 nanometers)
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 22884 Read: 51629 Published: October 03 2014 Updated: February 27 2015
Story Notes:

I wanted to contribute to this fine community and writing is really the only talent I have that allows me to. I like to have a story intertwined with my giantess action so hopefully that does not bother many people on here. Please feel free to comment and review, I always like to hear what people have to say.

1. Chapter 1 by coolcoolcool5

2. Chapter 2 by coolcoolcool5

3. Chapter 3 by coolcoolcool5

4. Chapter 4 by coolcoolcool5

5. Chapter 5 by coolcoolcool5

6. Chapter 6 by coolcoolcool5

Chapter 1 by coolcoolcool5

            It was as normal a day as any in the colony; food was scavenged from wherever it could be found by gatherers, and the workers went about their duties. The bustling population of the colony shifted from place to place adorned in their attire made of the grass imported from outside the walls. Life was simple yet somewhat harsh for the people of the valley of marble. With not many natural food sources around, the people depended mostly on scavenging and the imports of more rich land. Great caravans would take the arduous journey from the thick grass forest over to the marble valley. Beasts of six legs that had been bred to work were used to take the supplies from one city to the other. 

            With a gift said to be sent down by the gods themselves the people were able to communicate with beasts in a sort of ways. They called this gift “The Meld.” Beasts were not the main concern of those in the caravan though, there were many other troubles. Raiders who lived along the road could ride out at any moment on beasts of their own and take whatever supplies in the caravan for themselves.

            One of the men in one such caravan, Killian, sat atop one of the great beasts since it was no longer his duty to stand guard on the ground. They had been making the journey for what seemed to be a week now. He looked out across the barren landscape and saw nothing around for miles, only the hard white stone of the ground that stretched onward for what seemed to be forever.

            “Why would they want to live in here? Do you ever wonder my friend?” A strong hand grasped Killian’s shoulder after the question. It was the hand of his closest friend Mero. The big man cut Killian off before he could answer the previous question and added, “You know, if it wasn’t for us, the people here would be left to feed only on whatever the great one left over.”

            Killian looked out to the town so close now and then to the barren land around and gave a jest, “It seems the great one is not as generous as she used to be. By the look of it, she hasn’t left much for them lately.”

With a bark of laughter, Mero thundered, “Ha! You think she leaves it for them on purpose? I have seen her many times, never up close, gods be good, but you know it is always a wondrous sight. I wonder sometimes you know, I don’t think she even acknowledges our existence.” With that Mero jumped down off the beast to begin his patrol on the ground and left Killian there to think about Her.

            It was the most humbling experience in Killian’s life the first time he laid eyes on Her. He had been a headstrong boy ready to leave the safeties of his faraway colony and join the caravan service, but on the first day he felt the ground rumble and the whole caravan ceased to a halt. He could barely stand let alone walk, yet when the rumbling ceased and he regained his stance, he was frozen in his place as he looked up. She looked like them but magnified to an unimaginable size. Killian’s gaze went from the bottom of her feet, to the tops of her toes, to the powerful and shapely curves of her legs, past the waist, up to the “mountains” that hung firm and supple from her chest, until he craned his neck to see the features of her heavenly face. He saw how beautiful she was from the large hazel eyes, and wavy brown hair that fell in a torrent down to her shoulders and back. The full lips of her face made him wonder how it would be to be with a woman, as he had not yet been with one.

            He was snapped out of the trance she put him in when she suddenly walked away causing great tremors yet again. One massive foot moved to another position, pushed off the ground with ease, and came thundering down. Her other foot did the same until she was out of the group’s sight. Her otherworldly rear was on full display for Killian to see as she finally made her exit. Killian had never seen beauty like hers in all his life, yet he reminded himself that she was a being far beyond him. With a simple movement she could have exterminated the entire caravan underfoot without even knowing they were there. Remembering the first time he laid eyes on her always made Killian remind himself that everything he saw was her realm, and he was just a small, insignificant piece of dust trying to stay out from under her path. Mero’s right, she doesn’t even know we exist because we are nothing to her, Killian thought to himself, I can’t say I want to know what would happen if she did know we exist. Killian shuddered and dozed off to sleep knowing he would dream of the titanic beauty.

            “Wake up Killi!” shouted Mero, booming as ever, “We are here, but the job isn’t finished yet.” The behemoth of a man hoisted up a crate that would normally require two men to lift and tossed it down. He looked back over to Killian again, more impatiently this time, “C’mon, let’s get this done so we can get into the city.”

            “You mean so you can go get into some girls, don’t you?” a wide grin found itself on Killian’s face as he walked over to help his friend. “Alright, I won’t keep you from them.”

            “Good, it would be a horrible crime to rob the girls of the pleasure, I plan to…” The shock of a sudden quake that reverberated all around them scarred the beast they were on. The creature sent Killian and Mero tumbling off of its back and to the ground. Both of them knew immediately what had caused the shakes. Tremors always heralded the titaness’ arrival. She appeared to have just woken up, although her radiance was still full as ever. She had some sort of food in her hand, but Killian did not know what it was. A black exterior held some form of white paste on both sides. Her strides were uncaring and random; she was just having a small morning trot. That walk translated to horror on the scale of Killian.

            She walked to the left of where they were standing and suddenly shifted her steps to the right. Killian had noticed the coat of blue coloring that adorned the great toes on the ends of her feet whenever she stepped. He was entranced by the sight of her just as he had been the first time he saw her. His wrist was yanked on by Mero trying to speak sense into him. “What are you doing we have to run,” screamed his large companion.

            Killian snapped out of it and agreed, “Let’s go then, leave the beast,” he said as he ran with Mero to the direction of the town. The constant thud of each of her titanic steps made it hard for them to keep upright. When he looked back, he dreaded what he saw. The great one’s right foot left where it was and was traveling through the air towards the caravan. With a great boom the foot impacted on the ground sending an almost gale force wind to all its sides. Killian and Mero were propelled into the air like all the other helpless workers around them. Even some of the caravan beasts who were too close to the foot were sent flying. One was sent careening onto a crowd of about twenty men and snuffed out most of their lives immediately.

            When Killian was able to stand he was sore all over his body. He looked around to see what had become of his associates. Crates and supplies lay dispersed everywhere next to some of the broken men who did not land as fortunately as he and Mero had. He saw with horror the beast that had landed on the group of twenty men and how its struggles only caused more suffering to the men who lay crushed beneath it. Other Beasts ran in all directions just trying to get out of the woman’s vicinity, Mero tried to meld with them to calm them down but it seemed to not have an effect.

            “They’re too afraid Killi, it isn’t working,” Mero shouted as horrified as the beasts.

            “Let me try,” said Killian in a voice that was calm despite his own feelings of terror. Killian’s meld had been the strongest anyone had ever seen and it grew more powerful as he aged. If anyone could sooth the beasts running around, it was him. “Calm yourselves,” he said to the beasts and they followed. He could feel their terror yet they stopped when he asked them to. Killian was able to even calm the beast that had landed on the men, not all of them had died but all were gravely injured.

            With most of the chaos quelled, Killian gazed upon the culprit. Killian had never been so close to her, but all he really could see was her monolithic foot. He stood near the middle of the fleshy wall; it extended out in two directions to the left and right of him as far as he could see. Only some of the grooves on the side of her foot were visible but seeing them made Killian uncomfortable. He could lose himself exploring every ridge and path. He felt heat radiate off her body as a result of how close he was to her. Killian shuddered to think of how powerful she was. She had caused death and destruction by just walking near them. Her foot didn’t even land on the caravan, just the force and wind it exerted alone sent men and beast alike flying. That was the scariest thought to Killian, a slight step killed nearly forty men just now and none were even killed by the foot itself.

            Mero was helping a group of men but he had a desperation about his actions that was plain for all to see. All he cared for now was saving whoever he could. Killian helped a man who had a shattered leg from the fall to his feet. Mero came over to Killian to help him with the man. Just when all the chaos had subsided an object fell from a staggering height, it was some piece of food the veritable Goddess had unknowingly dropped. It fell at a staggering velocity towards a group of men who were only just now regaining consciousness. Killian screamed at them to get them out of the way but it was too late. The piece collided with the ground instantly crushing them all with an audible squelch. Smaller pieces shattered off the larger than a boulder sized crumb. One flew at a great enough speed to take the head clean off a man standing only six feet away from Killian.

            All the workers were lost and terrified at this moment. Their fear was brought on by realizing their own mortality and helplessness. It was a reminder to them all of just what they were to this being, nothing. The smallest of crumbs had slipped from the food in the titan’s fingers and killed ten men. It was so large to them yet to the Goddess it could not even be said if she would even notice or care of such a small crumb. Even scarier was that she obviously did not notice nor care of all the death she had caused by just being. All Killian was reminded of was the world that he lived in. If he forgot he was taught once more today, it wasn’t his world, it was hers. He was nothing to this titaness, all of them were nothing to her, they were less than dust under her feet.

 

Chapter 2 by coolcoolcool5

It was a scene of unquestionable disaster. Barrels and crates full of the supplies that had been brought for the city laid in piles and clutter strewn about the area. Every square foot seemed to have either some smashed container or the broken body of someone who had been so full of life only moments ago. The despair was palpable to all the poor souls there. The final moans of pain from those who were to broken to move or just wished to be put out of their misery filled the air. Killian could not understand what most of the men were saying but he wondered if they had uttered some prayer or a final curse to their own lives that seemed so pointless compared to a being such as their tormentor. Whatever it was, Killian felt speechless at the massacre, he stood silent. Those around still standing though, felt compelled to scream their curses at the great one still present in front of them. 

            A cacophony of shouts from all around is what Killian heard now; it drowned out the moans of those broken on the ground. Shouts of, “Why? Just why?” and, “We are here you bitch,” or, “We’ve done nothing,” even pleas and begs like, “Just please leave us,” filled the air but went unnoticed by the Goddess. Mero and Killian said nothing but looking at them each told a different story. Mero’s face was full of a deep pain and mourning for all those who lay dead around him. A fire just beneath him was lit and his anger was rising. Killian though was barely paying attention to those around him; he stared intently as high he could up the titan’s body. Because of her proximity he could barely see part way up her leg. He still felt a strange sensation being so close to her. A connection he had no understanding of.

            Like many other times, Mero had broken him out of the trance, but not intentionally. “You bitch!” Mero screamed at the top of his lungs as he took of full pace towards the massive wall before him. As hard as he tried he could not make her notice him but his charge was a move of extreme desperation and despair.

            “Mero, No,” Killian called out now running after his friend. He knew Mero’s attack was folly but Killian understood his feelings. A sudden voice brought Killian down to his knees though. He could barely make it out, it was a voice he had never heard but it was somehow familiar. “Time to make breakfast,” is what he could make out, but from whom, he had no idea. It was a woman’s voice, soft and calm. He shook it off, knowing that it could wait to be solved later and went back chasing after his companion, Mero.

            “It’s no use Mero,” Killian blurted as he ran; “It’ll make no difference.” His friend was in a rage that couldn’t be quelled. Lucky for him the ground started to shake once more, the Goddess was barely shifting her weight, but it was a core trembling sensation to all those nearby. Mero tripped up mid run but he still tried crawling after her, Killian fell on his back and looked up once more at the towering beauty. He couldn’t see it but he felt the deep reverberations of her other foot leaving its position and impacting many miles away. Now the veritable mountain in front of him started to move. Her whole being was pure magnificence. Killian saw and felt how the weight of her cosmic body shifted to the front half of her foot. It was such a delicate movement yet it shook the foundations of Killian’s world. The heel of her foot now lifted up followed by the front. The bottom of her titanic foot was in full view now, from the somewhat hardened heel to the outstretched toes that each grew larger as you looked up. Each canyon carved into the prints of her foot went on for what seemed to be an eternity. Killian wondered how long it take to explore those ridges but seeing them all now he knew it might be impossible.

            The Goddess’ foot finally moved forward in the air. As if a whole island was ripped out of the ocean and moved across the sky, the foot was a sight to behold. Its simple movement caused another gust of wind to hit those on the ground. To all of their joy, this wind was not forceful enough to pick them up again, but it was quite strong. Killian saw how this newly lifted foot extended countless miles past her other. It was an insane thought, in two delicate steps she had traversed a distance that would take Killian many days to travel. Each time a foot lifted into the air and came down with a great thud, reverberations shook him to his bones until finally she was gone. Her mere presence was a danger to them all as they could see with the fatal results. She was an unintentional walking cataclysm, but finally she had left them, broken and bruised and humbled, but she was gone.

            “You okay Killi?” inquired Mero still noticeably shaken up from what had happened.

            “I’m fine,” Killian lied, forcing a smile onto his face, “not to banged up, nothing some rest won’t fix at least.” He inched closer to his friend to reassure him everything was fine but that was a lie he just couldn’t tell. Instead he gave a quick look around and curtly said, “We have a lot of mess to clean up,” he gave Mero a pat on the shoulder and continued, “Shall we get started?” Mero’s relenting nod didn’t fill Killian with much hope, but he came to help him all the same.

            A few hours had passed and they were finally done organizing the mess and getting it safely in the city. While walking to the gates Killian and Mero were stopped by one of the owners of the great shipping companies of the city and pulled aside to be questioned. Killian barely knew the man but his reputation was less than well from what he had heard from Mero. The man’s name was Jorik Laufy. He had a sizable stomach with quite an impressive girth. I wonder how much this man keeps for himself, thought Killian as he gave a feigned smile and greetings.

            “Welcome to the city my dear boys. I hope these recent events that I heard of haven’t shaken you up too much.” The insincerity and overall disinterest in Laufy’s voice was apparent, he continued to inquire on the situation. “I here you have suffered some losses. You have my sincerest condolences for all those who lost their life, now how many was it?”

            Mero gritted his teeth, he obviously possessed no love for this man whatsoever, but he was able to grunt out, “Fifty-six by our counts. Good men all of them.”

            “Well, I thought it would be much worse, much worse indeed. Terrible as it may be, and good men as you say they were, we could have lost many more. Yes sir, many more.” Laufy was obviously uncaring of this subject and now asked of the supplies. “They are all intact though, yes?”

            Killian stepped forward to answer. “Anything that could be salvaged, was sir, we were thorough. The food and supplies are all being transported into the city as we speak.”

            “Splendid, but what is that?” asked Laufy as he pointed to the crumb still sitting where it had impacted. That was what obviously piqued his interest the most; he couldn’t keep his eyes off of it.

            Killian answered the rotund man, “That was a piece of food the Great one accidently dropped. It tastes sweet from what some of the men tell me.” The gluttonous eyes of Laufy scanned the great boulder of food and he smiled quite satisfied.

            “Well, well! I said it wasn’t as bad as it could have been and it seems I was right. Look at this great thing!” The portly man showed greater enthusiasm for the food than he did for the stories of the lives lost. “I thought we had lost much, but look at this. This more than makes up for any losses. A rare delicacy this is. It could be much worse indeed, this is more than acceptable!”

            Mero abrubtly broke his silence, “Much worse? Much worse? Please, tell me what could be much worse. We may lose people everyday but that doesn’t make it acceptable.” Mero cared nothing for who he was speaking to and said whatever he felt. “Anything could be much worse, that doesn’t mean this was an acceptable thing.” Laufy was noticeably taken aback by Mero’s tirade, but said nothing to stop it. “You didn’t hear their screams like I did, or see them all disfigured after the big bitch stepped by us. That thing you are salivating over killed ten men and all you care about is how much food the city gets” Before Mero could say anything else Killian was there to hold him back.

            “Please, Mr. Jorik, forgive my friend as he is just shaken up at the recent events.” Killian tried to sound as courteous as possible despite how much he loathed the man he was talking to. Killian knew Jorik Laufy was a powerful man in the city and didn’t want to have to deal with the repercussions of angering him. “I think that you will find all to be in order and that you have more than you could hope for.”

            “Yes well, I will let your friend’s outburst be forgiven as I understand his anger, but next time, remember who you are speaking too.”

            “Yes, we will. One last thing though. If it could be possible, we gathered our dead and have wrapped their bodies in the proper burial wear. If you could please be as generous as to send some of your own men to take them back to their homes, we would be indebted to you.”

            Laufy gave an uncaring look but relented to the request, “Yes, I don’t see any trouble in that. I’ll send some out as soon as we are done with sorting all the supplies here. Good day gentleman.”

            “Thank you sir,” responded Killian feigning the courtesy. As soon as Laufy had waddled off content, he turned over to Mero to talk to him. “Look, I understand how you feel and trust me I feel awful to, but you of all people should know you don’t anger a man like him.”

            “I’m sorry Killi, anger just gets the better of me sometimes. But you know that man is a right prick.” Killian nodded in agreement.

            “Yes, he may be one, but he is still a powerful man, let’s just stay away from him alright?”

            “Alright.”

            Killian finally felt at ease, “Now, it’s been a long day. What do you propose we do friend?”

            Mero’s face seemed to actually regain some happiness. “I don’t know about you but I’m gonna get me a nice woman to ease my mind off its troubles. But first, how ‘bout some drinks?”

 

Chapter 3 by coolcoolcool5
Author's Notes:

In this chapter I take time to introduce a new POV character that I will randomly be focusing on as the story progresses

Yara had been walking through the city streets with no real purpose, but she enjoyed it. It was a day to finally get some rest and relaxation. Being one of the commanding aerial scouts, she was never afforded very many. Her tasks ranged from simple reconnaissance of new areas, searching for bandit camps, or even getting urgent messages between colonies, and they always seemed to come one after the other with no break. This is something I really needed, thought Yara to herself. Despite not doing much she was having a fine time with just walking around taking in the sights and smells of the city, that is until she felt Her come around. 

            The goddess simply known as “The Great One” was standing not far from the gates that separated the city from her domain. She was in full view of Yara, who despite seeing her many times before, was still taken aback from her sheer enormity. Shocks and thuds could be felt rhythmically as the Goddess sauntered around. Yara noticed she was getting closer and closer to the city with each earth shattering step. She saw the foot impact merely a mile away and she and everyone around her was sent tumbling to the ground. Shacks and other less sturdy buildings all collapsed in unison around Yara. She was seemingly a safe distance away from the Great One, but the reaction of even just a simple step caused a staggering amount of chaos where Yara was standing.

            The whole town watched in fear until the Goddess walked away unaware of the damage she caused. On my day off, that bitch… Yara complained in her mind, yet she immediately jumped to action helping whoever she could. It was her job as part of the warrior guild to help whoever needed, whenever she was needed. Luckily the damage seemed to be minimal, just a few people injured by some falling debris. An elderly man had his foot caught under a collapsed wall of bricks.

            “Stay calm, I’ll get this off you,” assured Yara as she ran over to the helpless man. “This might hurt a bit” she cautioned him as she pulled each brick off of his leg. The man winced in pain but the bricks were all removed now. What Yara saw made her wince.

            “This is bad,” the man’s leg was completed shattered and laid limp where it was crushed. Yara helped the man over to the nearest shelter she could find before telling him the bad news.

            “You are probably going to lose the leg, I felt it and there is nothing there. I’m sorry.” The man’s expression was strangely calm; he had a look of bliss on his face.

            “At least I got to see Her.”

            “Yeah… uh… just stay here, help will come.” What the hell?, thought Yara. She could not understand the man’s sentiment. How could anyone be happy to see that big bitch? Yara held no love for the Goddess as a result of the first time she laid eyes on her. She thought of it now, almost ten years ago and she could still vividly recall the day. It was horrible, but she was taken back to it.

            The day started bright as ever, as early morning water was collected from the globules that formed along the grass stalks. Despite the near dust like size of Yara’s people, they were extremely resourceful and efficient builders. Growing up in a colony in the great grass forest as Yara did, one was always met with the different levels of settlement. There were the businesses and trading posts built at the base of the stalks, always bustling with commerce and camaraderie. The next level up the stalks, built into the sturdy bases of the grass, were housing for many people. Ladders and makeshift stairs would allow easy access from the ground up to these abodes. At the highest level near the top of the grass stalks, would be the guard houses. They would remain ever vigilant for any kind of trouble. Within these guard houses there were areas where the flying beasts could be trained for the aerial scouts. Yara remembered always looking up and seeing the scouts going through their drills with the beasts and always had a sense of wonderment and curiosity of how it would be to fly as high as they did. She was not interested in the common womanly activities of the colonies; she always filled her head with the wonders of adventure and peril that those scouts must go through.

            Yara was only fifteen at this time but her control of the Meld was quickly becoming renowned in the settlement. Her parents were less than impressed with their daughters growing abilities, they elected to quell any notion she had of joining the guild of warriors and the aerial scouts. “It was no place for a girl” they would chastise and “You have everything you could ever want here.” True enough, Yara did have everything there. She didn’t want for food or water as it was abundant in the grass forests, and there had been peace for as long as she lived. Nothing had troubled her simple life, but she yearned for the danger and excitement. If she knew how quickly it would find her, perhaps she would have wished for a different life though.

            Yara was making her way around the market at a jovial gait just looking for something to do when she saw him. Before her stood a man renowned for his prowess in battle, perhaps one of the greatest scouts of all time Aaron Kranog. He was a tall man with an athletic muscle build. There was no extra bulk on his body to slow him down; every muscle served its purpose. Hse stared intently at him for quite some time. His piercing eyes seemed almost black under his helm and they peered directly at Yara now.

            “Sweet girl, what is it you require of me?” abruptly inquired Kranog.

            “Nothing ser, just, you don’t see a legend every day.”

            A legend eh?” Kranog’s black eyes seemed almost warm at what Yara had said. “So you know of me. You believe the stories?” Any word of deeds committed spread quickly throughout the markets and streets of the forest colony. Yara had heard of Kranog beating odds of ten to one, fighting waves of enemy by himself and even leading the defense of the marble valley colony. With so many stories at least some had to be true.

            “Yes, I do believe the stories,” assured Yara.

            “I’m surprised a girl like you has heard these stories or even takes an interest in them.” Kranog regarded her, and then simply asked, “You want to be a scout don’t you?”

            Suspiciously, Yara responded, “Yes, but, how did you know?”

            Kranog gave a chuckle, “when you have seen as much as me, you learn a few things. A woman for a scout though, I have only seen a handful of those, they aren’t unheard of, just, very uncommon.” Kranog rose to his full height now, a commanding six foot eight, and put a hand on Yara’s shoulder. “You have a fire in you, girl, You could easily become a scout if you truly wanted to.”

            Yara’s eyes filled with wonder, “Truly? You aren’t just leading me on?” She couldn’t believe it but she thought of her parents. They would immediately shoot down the idea of her training to be a scout, but she was close to being a woman now, she should make her own choices. Still she was somewhat hesitant, “I wish I could take your offer Ser, but, my parents believe it would be ill of me to take a position in the guild. Believe me, I have asked many times.” Yara felt beaten remembering the reality of the situation. Kranog assured her this time would be different though.

            “You have never had a legend come with you to ask, now have you?” He gave a genuine smile and pushed her along, “come now, let’s both ask and see if the answer remains the same.” Yara wondered what this man had seen in her. She dreamt of joining the scouts but how had he known, and what compelled him to take her under his wing.

            They were only halfway to her parent’s house when Yara felt them for the first time in her life. At first a deep rumbling, followed by another and then another. Yara did not know what had caused those but they grew stronger by the second. She was scared but she knew Kranog would protect her. The look on his face shocked her. The legend himself appeared to be unsettled. He muttered to himself, “She is coming.” Who? Yara thought, but she got her answer soon enough.

            They sky was filled with the visage of a beautiful young woman. She was miles away and miles tall, but Yara could see that her toes alone easily dwarfed the structures built in the grass. This being was wearing some strange attire that Yara did not understand nor had ever seen before. It did nothing to conceal her mid section and legs. Only her breasts and nether regions were covered by the materiel. Every step she took, the Goddess not only sent reverberations into the ground but into the great swelling mountains that hung from her. They swayed to and fro, and almost hypnotized Yara. She stood still till she noticed how fast the Goddess was coming upon them. Yara took to running trying to keep balance as each footfall shook the ground beneath her. As she was running she noticed Kranog was missing from her side.

            “C’mon, we have to get out of here,” she pleaded but he was deep in concentration. She picked up her pace again and ran as fast as she could. She had no idea how pointless her efforts were but she ran anyway. She almost twisted her leg being jerked around by the force of the Goddess’ right foot impacting miles behind her. Hundreds of screams were silenced in a split second in that part of the town. Yara had no time to grieve for them though; the sun was being drowned out by this Supreme Being preparing to crush them. Yara continued to run and looked up and saw the island that was the Goddess’ foot moving slowly in the air, hundreds of feet above her. Debris fell from the bottom while it moved forward. Many great pieces crushed buildings and even unlucky people trying to escape a similar outcome from the sole of the Goddess.

            This was it. The end. Yara dropped to her knees and gave a quick prayer for her life and all those around her. She was lucky to not be trampled by the other town’s people running scared. Thousands of people were in the mob trying to escape the Goddess but Yara saw that her luck was still strong somehow. The heel of the gargantuan foot moved past Yara hundreds of feet in front of her, a barely perceptible distance for a being on the goddess’ scale but a life saving measure for Yara.

            She couldn’t close her eyes to the massacre, Yara watched in horror as thousands of people looked up and saw their fait looming above. In those last seconds some screamed, some begged and others simply gave up and threw up their arms hoping to stop Her from crushing all of them. But it went unnoticed by the Goddess. To her this was just a step to get to her desired location. She had no care for what she destroyed. And so, the foot lowered and all the screams were instantly deafened out by the loudest BOOM! That Yara had ever heard. Others her were closer to the impact were sent flying in all directions. Yara’s ears succumbed to a deep piercing noise, she was fortunate to not have permanent ear damage. The ground around the heel of the Goddess began to break and mold in the shape of her foot from the force of her most uncaring step. One above all, please judge all those lost today justly, silently prayed Yara.

            The full weight of the Great One shift to the foot in front of Yara, causing a few more tremors to be felt as she now saw the great sight of the other foot moving forward in the air as chunks of earth and debris fell off it as it made its journey to an impact zone miles away with a distant thud. The tremors returned in front of Yara as the heel began to rise in the air. It was an awful sight. Buildings, earth, the grass itself and even people were stuck to the bottom of the great sole. Yara noticed the corpses of those crushed under the Goddess’ soles, some had fallen to the imprint of the foot left below while others stayed stuck to the bottom of the foot. As the great object finally pushed off the earth it was clear how total the destruction was. Buildings lay crumbled, debris and bodies lay everywhere and even the great grass stalks used to build great structures into were bent and broken and pushed aside by the uncaring step of a Titaness.

            When Yara got up, from her own soreness she walked to the edge of the monumental footprint left by the Great One. She had to strain her eyes to see to the end of it but the picture was the same all around, a complete wasteland. Whatever was under the Goddess was compressed into the ground. Disfigured bodies of the unlucky souls caught underneath lay everywhere. The Goddess was at least kind enough to give them a mass grave. Why? was the only question that came to Yara’s mind. Why so much carnage, why so much destruction? It was some cruel humbling joke to Yara, realizing how small her world was compared to the Great One’s.

            She couldn’t think of that anymore, her mind drifted to other matters, and then she remembered… Her parents! Her mind knew her parents fates were sealed with that great footstep, but her body pushed her to still try and find them. She was about to throw herself in the basin left by the Goddess before Kranog grabbed her and held her back.

            “Let go of me!” she protested kicking, trying to get him to unhand her.

            “It is no use sweet girl, they are gone, I’m sorry.” His grip was tight around her but she was still thrashing about cursing him.

            “You were supposed to protect us! Why did you just stay there? Why? You could’ve stopped her!” Yara knew she sounded like a little girl but she couldn’t help but have this outburst at Kranog. “What were you doing?”

            “I had to warn the other scouts, I am sorry. It is a powerful meld I used and it incapacitated me. As for stopping her you know a well as I there was nothing to be done.”

            “Why would she do it?” asked Yara, not truly wanting to know the answer.

            “I have my doubts she knows what she does, we were simply in her way.” He bowed his head in sorrow at that.

            Yara burst into full tears now; she thrust herself into Kranog’s arm’s seeking some sort of paternal reinforcement from him. “Mom and Dad, gone… Because we were in her way?” She hugged the gruff man closely to her. He tenderly held her there for a time; Kranog was the closest thing to a father Yara had now.

            “You’ll have to come with me now, you know that right?”

            Yara nodded, “Yes, let me be a scout, teach me all you know. Please!”

            Kranog took her hands in his and looked her deep in the eye, “Yara, you are my responsibility now, I am going to teach you all I know but, you have to promise me something.”

            She assented quickly, “I promise whatever it is, I promise.”

            Kranog nodded his approval, “You have to help those around you whenever you can. It is your duty now. Do you accept?” Yara went down to one knee, bowed her head and swore by the great one above she would do all in her power to serve her realm. “The rise Yara,” Kranog called, “You are now my apprentice.”

            Yara scanned the desolate surroundings around her and inquired, “What is our first mover Ser?”

            “First lesson is to help all in need whenever there is need, come now let’s find any survivors we can in all this debris.”

            That day finally ended playing in Yara’s head as she shook herself of chills that travelled down her back. She held both parts hate and fondness of that day. She had lost her home and her entire family in one careless move by a being far above her, but she also met Kranog that day. As much as she hated it, that first day she laid eyes on the Goddess is what shaped her into the person she is today. She remembered every lesson Kranog taught before he declared he had taught her all she knew.

            Yara was done reminiscing about the past though; she needed to take her mind off things, and what better way to do that, than with a drink.

 

Chapter 4 by coolcoolcool5
Author's Notes:

I dedicate a large portion of this chapter to a flashback, hopefully that is clear.

Finally ready to put the day’s events behind them, Killian and Mero were making their way to the tavern. They walked through the streets and found a surprising amount of damage done. Rubble of weaker structures was laying everywhere in piles and heaps. The civilians in the area were scrambling in all directions trying to find missing loved ones and valuables. The disaster might not have been as damaging as it was outside the walls, but it was enough to create fear and desperation in all those people in the square. The Goddess had not been so close to the settlement in such a long time that many residents had forgotten how Her mere presence was such a catastrophe all its own. They, like Killian, were reminded that day that they were subjects to a being so much greater than they were that they were hardly noticed at all.

            Killian couldn’t help but feel sorry for these people. Some lost their homes and were desperately digging through piles of rubble to find some piece of their old possessions untouched. He saw how an elderly man laid dead, his head bleeding from the force of a falling brick.

            “Poor old man, he didn’t need to go like that.” Mero decided to dig the man out of the rubble and find a place to lay his body. It wasn’t a burden at all for Mero, his strength was considerable. Killian stood where he was and analyzed the area around him. Some children covered in dust were running looking for their parents. A younger couple was digging frantically through rubble to look for some item of importance. They clawed and dug but their toils seemed to be in vain.

            After Mero had completed the task he rejoined with Killian as they continued down the marketplace. A woman shrieked a horrid wail that was barely discernible. She asked all who could hear, “have you seen my Kyle, I can’t find my son, Where is Kyle?” The duo walked past her, sympathetic of her struggle, but not able to help her.

            “We’re finally here Mero, let’s try and put this day behind us.”

            “I’m going to put it behind me Killi, but you look like you need something to dull your senses. Luckily we’re in the right place.”

            Killian forced a smile, “What are we waiting for Mero, let’s go in.”

            They opened the door to a packed house. The day’s happenings had apparently driven many people to the tavern to drown their sorrows. Men and women alike were in there to find some semblance of joy to the day after the goddess had ruined so much. Most didn’t blame Her though, it was to be expected for a being like Her. It was up to the lowly mortals to deal with whatever she did. It was the cruel reality of Killian’s world, that the simplest of actions carried so much weight to them.

            “You fellas in from the Great ones visit?” asked the tavern keep.

            Killian decided to answer, “We were outside the walls delivering a caravan shipment. We were right next to Her.”

            “Truly? You saw her up close; it must have been an angelic sight.”

            “It was for a short time until we lost men.” Killian wasn’t lying. To see the Great ones beauty was a grand thing and Killian had always been in awe of that beauty since he first saw her, but it did not lessen the bloodshed. “She killed at least fifty. That’s why we’re here, to drink to their memory; I hope you haven’t exhausted your stores yet.”

            The tavern keep smiled, he responded through crooked teeth, “Drink’s about the only thing I’ve plenty of. Tell you what; you fellas look like you got it worse than most in here and seeing as the caravan is basically a life line to the city, how about I give you boys drinks on the house.”

            “We would be most grateful of such a generous act, but it isn’t…”

            “Thank you, we’ll be taking the drinks,” Mero blurted interrupting Killian. When they sat down, he pulled Killian aside and in a lower tone, “How could you refuse a free drink, now c’mon let’s relax. The One above all knows you need it”

            Mero had recessed back into his normal jovial demeanor; the drink seemed to be helping him at least. Killian was a different story, he still thought of the morning, how those men had been flung like pieces of dust by a careless step. The bottom of Her sole as he looked up, it was like a maze carved deep into flesh. He thought of the life leaving those poor souls and the man standing only several feet away from him decapitated by the smallest of crumbs the Goddess uncaringly dropped from her treat. What bothered Killian the most was that voice he heard. “Time to make breakfast,” such a simple statement yet it troubled Killian greatly. It had to be Her, no one else heard but me. He had never heard Her voice before, it was beautiful. Feminine yet overpowering all at once and yet it was only one trivial sentence that somehow carried so much behind it. Why did I hear it, how did I hear it? Both questions troubled Killian. He needed to find answers.

            “You ok Killi? You got that damned puzzled look on your face again. Please tell me your thinking of something other than today.”

            Killian couldn’t lie to Mero, “Well, it’s just… it’s not just the men lost today, that was awful but there was nothing we could do, it’s… you know what never mind, I don’t want to bring you into it.” Killian decided it might be better to leave the fact of the voice out for now; there was no need to make himself look mad and worry Mero about it.

            “You’re probably right whatever it is Killi, but you need to follow my example and relax, It’s not a great thing to see you sulking like this.”

            “Mero, I’m sorry, but the events troubled me greatly. Why don’t you leave me to sulk? Go find yourself a woman like you planned. I’ll be here if you need me.”

            “If you feel that’s best Killi I won’t refuse you, I’ll go find myself a girl; you stay here in self thought.”

            Killian forced a smile, “Try not to get into any trouble out there.” Mero got up to leave He patted Mero on the back and grinned as he gave a jest in response.

            “I never get into trouble; if you remember I’m the one who always gets you out of it.”

            Killian watched as Mero walked out the doors, his back was turned, but Killian still heard his voice in his mind, Damn Killi, you always get like this! Killian turned around to respond but Mero was no longer there. Great, now I’m hearing his voice too. A thought struck Killian, could he here other voices? He scanned the room and focused. He failed to hear so much as a whisper, perhaps he was going mad. He never let that possible explanation leave his mind. He had never known anyone to hear voices like he had, but he couldn’t rule out the possibility. This new thought brought him to sink deeper into himself.

            The door opened once more and to Killian’s surprise, a beautiful woman walked in. She wasn’t an average beauty though, she had a confidence to how she walked, her apparel was not what most women would wear, and it was layered in rows, providing protection; it was the armor of a warrior. She was tall and lean, but it was clear she had strong legs and muscles; she entranced Killian despite her uncommon appearance. Her hair was a fiery red that was tied back neatly so it would stay out of her face. Her eyes, a rich deep green, scanned the room, she was obviously cautious of her surroundings. Whoever she was, Killian knew she was important, that much was apparent by the way she carried herself.

            “Ah, commander! For what do we owe the pleasure.” The tavern keep was delighted to see her whoever she was.

            “Oh, just come to calm my nerves and enjoy my day off, the One above all knows I don’t get many.”

            Another crooked smile appeared on the tavern keep’s face, “Well I’m glad you decided to spend it here commander. Please make yourself at home.”

            “Yara?” another voice from the back of the tavern called out, she turned to see who had called her. A man limped over to her and embraced her. Killian watched from where he sat, he decided he would listen to the conversation. “Let me get you a drink woman, it’s the least I could do for how you freed me so many years ago.”

            “That isn’t necessary Erik, trust me, I make enough to buy my own drink, and I only did what any other scout would do helping you get away from Her.”

            “Nonsense, I was sure to be dead and no one came but you just take my coin and get yourself a drink and I’ll leave you to enjoy the rest of the night.” He pushed the coin into her hand and gave her one more hug. Killian thought maybe one more time he could try and see what someone was thinking. He focused once more on the woman but nothing; he focused then on the man and was greeted with something unexpected, the man turned to face Killian looking annoyed. It’s rude to do that you know, especially if people don’t know you’re doing it. Killian was astonished; he never thought he would be caught trying to hear someone’s thoughts. The man limped over to where Killian was and sat right beside him.

            “I’m…I’m sorry, I didn’t think anyone would catch me and the damn drink didn’t help,” Killian apologized.

            “The ‘damn drink’ is why you can’t do it properly, what’s your name boy?”

            “Killian, as I said I’m sorry, I’ve just… this is all new to me and I don’t quite understand what this gift is yet.”

            The man chuckled, “My name is Erik, and the ‘gift’ is the one you and everyone else has always had. It’s the Meld. Your Meld’s strength is just growing past others. I know this because I have the same experience. It’s what helped Yara over there save my life. When did you realize your Meld was growing this strong?”

            Killian reluctantly answered, “I… this morning when the Great One came, I… this sounds mad to say… I heard her voice. And later I heard my friend’s voice in my mind, that’s when I tried to hear others and you caught me. Have you ever heard her voice?”

            “The Titan’s, no, never, I have heard thoughts but never Her’s, I’ve… I’ve never heard of anyone being able to do that. Your meld might be stronger than mine ever was, that doesn’t mean you should abuse it though.”

            Killian nodded, “I’ll try not to, but if you don’t mind me asking, how did your meld save you, or help get you saved, I overheard you were almost killed by the Great One.”

            Erik looked down; he grabbed a drink and finished it in one quick swig. He looked Killian in the eyes and said, “I don’t like to talk about it but what the hell, I’ll tell you. Not with words though, I’ll let you experience it first hand, so you can see that beautiful Goddess how Yara and I see her.” Erik put a hand on Killian’s temple. Killian felt it all at once; he saw Erick’s recounting play out before him.

            I had been a scout for two years now, and I hadn’t seen much in the way of action. Funny, when you’re a boy you yearn for adventure, but get to much of it and you see how much better it is to live in a safe city walls all around you. Of course those walls don’t help much when She is out there. Just ask Yara. Anyway it was a regular patrol, there were at least seventy of us, it was a good feeling flying on the backs of beasts back then. That was truly the safest I ever felt. Up in the air I could see everything as if I was as tall as the Goddess.

            We had run off a pack of bandit’s and were scouting deeper than we should have. I see now we should have listened to Kranog, but we were young and stupid and Yara wasn’t there to keep us in place. The beast’s smelled something and we just had to touch down and investigate what it was. We found some kind of device in the middle of a platform, when we touched down I realized it was a bowl on a table. A small bowl as well but it was the size of a whole town to us. It’s incredible when you really think about it, how small we really are, I mean, we are constantly reminded but you don’t understand till you see her.

            We landed in the food; it was a hard surface and covered in miniscule crystals of some type. Someone said it gave the food flavor but how would he know. All we cared about was bringing news of this back to base. First we had to have a taste though. We were greedy and stayed there too long. In hindsight that was the most foollish decision we could have made. All seventy of us all on those pieces of food, you can only guess how stupid of an idea it was.

            Pieces were easy to break of this food with our weapons, we all tasted and it was pretty damn good, I can’t lie. It wasn’t worth the losses though. I’m sure you’ve felt the Tremors plenty of times out there; you’d know how they shake you to your bones. Everything trembled with each of her steps. The bowl we were in rattled at the Titan’s arrival. Our beasts caught sight of her and flied off scared, they flew away so swiftly none of us had any time to meld with them and calm them down. I can’t blame them for their fear after I saw her appear over the edge of the bowl. She didn’t seem to notice the beasts had been in her food but she did notice them all clustered in the air. Then She spoke.

            “STUPID GNATS,” Her voice was louder than thunder; it amplified off the walls of the bowl. It hurt to hear it, it felt as though all of my organs were shaken at once, I checked for blood in my ears but luckily there was none, just the sharp ping that followed such a loud noise. She swatted with one of her great hands at the group of flying beasts, most got away to safety but those that she made contact with had to have died on impact. She continued over to the bowl shaking us and making it harder to traverse the edible plains we were on.

            I will remember to the end of my days that face of Hers, I had never been so close to her but seeing Her like that was different. I could appreciate how God-like she really was. Those eyes of Her’s were a light brown, like two stars they glinted. Her skin a natural tan, but I don’t have to go into that, you’ve seen Her.

            She sat down in a chair in front of the bowl with a boom. We had spread out all across the bowl to explore it and now we were stranded in it. I knew exactly what she was going to do and I had to scream at the top of my lungs to try and warn everyone but it was all for naught. “Run!” I yelled, but only those around me seemed to heed the advice. We hopelessly bolted the opposite direction of the Goddess. I looked back and saw my fears were true. The Great One planned to eat her snack.

            Those fingers must have been hundreds maybe thousands of feet long and they descended searching for a suitable piece of food. I remember the red coating she had on them, it seemed fitting for all the men she was about to kill. The wind exerted by her simple hand moving to grab a piece was enough to knock a few of us on our feet. When the piece of food was raised thousands of feet up into the air to her mouth I could hear the screams of those men still stranded on it. There was no ceremony to their death, she bit into the food with extreme efficiency, and it cracked at the tiniest amount of pressure her mouth applied. Those great teeth in her mouth that shined so white made short work of the food. I shuttered to think what happened to those trapped on it. They were either crushed and chewed to even smaller bits, or drowned in her saliva.

            There was no time to mourn them, I looked out in front of me and I noticed some other men trying to climb out of the bowl. Their attempts were as futile as my attempts at trying to run away. They could get no grip on the bowls slick surface. Their time soon came though. The hand reached out past me and blocked out the light. I heard them scream as the fingers, all massive pillars of flesh closed in on their target. The intricate pattern of her fingerprints was so strange up close, I saw miniscule pieces of dust and food unnoticed by her trapped in there. Her thumb landed not far from where I was and sent me into the air, five men were under where it impacted as well, they were wiped out of existence immediately with not even a split second to grovel for mercy. Even if they were afforded time it would fall on deaf ears. The hand lifted once more and removed its shadow almost blinding me, thousands of feet it ascended but this time I saw how a desperate man leaped from the side of the piece. Wherever he landed he surely died. That made no difference to the Goddess, none of our lies did. She was simply enjoying a little snack and we were all stupid enough to come into Her realm.

            I had no idea how many of us were left by this point but there was about fifteen men on the same piece of food as I all spread out. We were lucky enough to avoid Her this long but our luck soon ran out. Without even looking down on us Her gargantuan hand descended once more, this time to our location. It was horrifying but it happened so fast. The fingers went to each side of me and grasped the food. The force of being lifted into the air so fast almost made me pass out, I couldn’t move I was hugging the ground beneath me. When the chip was close to Her face. I saw those wonderful eyes once more, but they did not see me. All they saw was the piece of food I was on. I and all the men on there with me were about to become one with the Goddess, our pathetic lives and bodies were going to be digested and fuel her.

            The time was up I knew, but I couldn’t close my eyes, if that face was going to be the last thing I saw, at least it was an angelic sight. Her maw opened and a wave of heat hit us. Her tongue was a landscape all its own, it undulated to each side. Surely if any of us were to even make it there we would drown in a matter of minutes or be crushed inside Her mouth. The food moved forward and time seemed to slow, I saw men closer to the front trying to crawl away from their fate. We were all the bravest of the brave, but she was greater than fear itself, and in that moment if you were to look upon any of our faces, you would see how hopeless it was against Her.

            The food was for the most part, in Her mouth now, and Her teeth began to descend upon it and do their work. They were as white as marble and would soon seal the fate of all the men including me on that piece of food. A man hopelessly reached out at me as if I could save him, I screamed “I’m sorry,” back at him but it didn’t stop his plea. He continued to reach out until the teeth finally smashed down and separated us. The ground around me cracked and fell apart, as soon as I knew it, I was falling through the air on a crumb that had fallen off. I impacted hard on an unknown landscape. A searing pain shot up my body, I looked down and my femur was sticking out of my leg. I had to crawl; there was no way to walk with that limp leg.

            Wherever I was, it was humid, the sweat profusely started to drip down me, it found its way into my eyes but the salty sting went unnoticed. The pain of my leg was all I could feel. It was a small drop off the piece of food but I was able to overcome it. The ground all around swelled up and down, it was a light tan color, I knew where I was without looking but I had to anyway. I couldn’t see Her face just the underside of Her chin. Each breath she took was felt, and every movement she made sent a pulse through her soft flesh. I was trying to get as far from the crumb as I could because I didn’t want to take any risks. It was slow but I kept working my way away from the crumb. I was lucky to, I don’t know how she noticed but she brushed Her chest off and the crumb that saved my life went with it.

            By some miracle I was still living, broken, but still living. Even with my lame leg I was better off now than the other scouts. I had no idea what to do though, I sat back and just looked over the living landscape I was on. I was on the base of one of those mountains that hung so firm off of Her, then the world started to move again. She was just shifting herself around to get more comfortable but it tossed me around a bit and sent the white hot pain through me again. Something scraped passed where I was, I don’t know how I didn’t notice it before, it was some kind of necklace. So many times that day I almost lost my life and I wonder why I did not.

            I looked out to the horizon and basically all I saw was Her. That’s how massive she was, Her body was all I knew for that time. I could tell she was lying back relaxing. Her feet, several miles away were propped up on the table. It was insane to see them so far away, Her toenails were painted red to match Her fingers, I saw the glint of Her toe ring on the second digit of Her right foot. It was a beacon showing me how titanic the length of Her body was.

            The whole time I had been losing quite a lot of blood. I was starting to fade in and out of consciousness; I wouldn’t be alive much longer. I had to make contact with someone, but how? I felt something, at that point, It was the Meld, I always knew it had great power but, to call someone over, the only person I knew who could communicate through it was Kranog, but I had to try. I closed my eyes knowing that there was a possibility I would never open them again. I pleaded for help through the Meld, but there was no one to hear it. Until Yara, came, she wouldn’t give up the search and I was able to make contact. She risked her life getting so close to the Goddess so she could save mine. I remember seeing her touch down onto the Goddess. I thought I was beginning to see things but it was Yara truly. That red hair of hers couldn’t be mistaken. After that it was a blur, I slipped in and out of consciousness and before I knew it I was back at the base.

            Killian opened his eyes and it seemed as if not a minute had passed as Erik told the story. “How, that was quite a long story.”

            “Well it didn’t waste much of your time just a couple of minutes, I transferred it to you, no big deal, it’s like it’s just another one of your memories now.” Erik smiled and grabbed himself another drink. “Anyway, you saw most of it, you didn’t see the part where I figure out my leg was useless, I was expelled from the scouts, and all I do is mooch off my brother now.” Erik swallowed down yet another drink and continued what he was saying. “I guess, it isn’t bad though, I’m still alive, and how many people can say they have felt that part of Her eh? Anyway I want you to take something away from this.” Erik put his finger on Killian’s forehead, “No one I know of has ever heard Her voice like that, your Meld might be stranger than even Kranog’s. Learn how to use it, trust me, it saved my life and who knows what you’ll be able to do with it.”

            Killian agreed, “I will, but I don’t think I want to experience being so close to Her again.” He shared a couple more drinks with Erik until he decided to inquire, “Erik, if you don’t mind me asking, who’s your brother?”

            “Oh, you’ve probably met him, if not you have surely heard of him. Jorik Laufy. He runs the caravan company in this settlement. Rich man got more money than he knows what to do with, so it isn’t a hassle to spare some for a cripple like me.”

            Killian was surprised, “I ran into him earlier actually, if you don’t mind me saying, he seemed to have his head up his ass.”

            “Ya, I think that to, sometimes…” Erik, stopped and closed his eyes he was focusing on something, “Your friend’s the big guy right?”

            “yes, Mero, why do ask?” Killian looked worried. Mero always seemed to have a hot temper so he knew there had to be a problem. “What is the problem?”

            “Well, it seems he ran into my brother and some of his cronies, If I were you, I’d run over there and diffuse the situation. Go.”

            “For the story and insight I have nothing but thanks, I wish we could have spoken but I need to help my friend.” Killian shook his hand and ran for the door.

            Erik called one more time, “I’m sure you know my brother is a dangerous man, but he isn’t stupid, If you have something to offer him he’ll let you go, just do what he asks and he’ll be your best friend.”

            Killian heeded the advice sprinting down the street. Mero hadn’t gone far and when Killian found him he was on the ground with a bloodied nose. Jorik had henchmen around just as big, if not larger than Mero. “Mr. Laufy! Please, reconsider whatever you plan on doing with my friend.”

            Jorik scoffed, “Your friend saw me and decided he would come after me and demand I send the men to their homes already. We had already discussed that I would but it would take time. He had the gall to accuse me of lying, saying I would not keep my would and I would just burn the bodies instead.”

            Mero stumbled to his feet wiping the crimson off of his face, “I know you won’t Laufy, you wouldn’t waste the Resources on it.”

            Killian knew he would have to do the talking lest the situation would fall back to violence. “Mero keep quiet!” Mero shot him a look filled with vitriol but he kept quiet all the same. “Mr. Laufy, I’m sorry, whatever my friend did I’m sure you could find it in you to forgive him.”

            Jorik waddled closer, uncomfortably close, “I would be able to forgive him if this was the only matter I had to discuss. I regret to inform you that the shipment number was drastically lower then you estimated. It seems the Great One left us much left than we thought.”

            Killian knew that couldn’t be possible he helped count the supplies himself. “You must be mistaken Mr. Laufy, that isn’t possible.”

            “So you accuse me of deceit as well?” Jorik’s face grimaced and twisted in anger. “Listen my good man, if we were missing only a fraction of the supplies we would not need to be having this conversation. But you made a grievous miscalculation and I can’t have that. I didn’t get to where I am by letting things like this happen. You know what I do to clients that disappoint me don’t you.”

            Killian remembered what Erik had told him. Even though he knew Jorik was lying, he would have to do whatever the man wanted to stay alive. “Mr. Laufy, that won’t be necessary, whatever you want us to do, My friend and I will do it to rectify our mistake.”

            “What are you talking about Killi we can’t…” Killian cut him off again.

            Jorik grinned deeply, “Whatever, you say? Well I have an idea. You take your caravan and you go find me where the food comes from. Not ours, but Hers.” Laufy pointed to the land out of the city and Killian knew exactly what he meant.

            “If that is… really what you wish Mr. Laufy.” Killian was reluctant to follow his order.

            Jorik patted him on the back now, “When do you wish to start, don’t answer that, how does tomorrow sound.”

            Killian looked down not wanting to face anyone there, “If that is what you think is best, but we will need supplies and more men it is a very long journey and…”

            “Don’t you worry about that,” Jorik cut Killian off. “You’ll get both from me. Don’t look so down boy, you’ll be written in history if you are able to set a supply line up that way and I’ll forget all you’ve done to wrong me. So, get some rest, you’ll be going out there soon.”

            Jorik shook Killian’s hand and sauntered away happily, he got what he wanted. Mero stomped off angrily leaving Killian there alone. He thought about going out back there. It was safe in the walls of the city, going out there was a gamble with death. She was out there, and could wipe them all out in mere seconds. He would go farther than he ever had before and risk everyone’s lives all for Jorik’s greed. He decided to finally go rest; it would be a long journey.

Chapter 5 by coolcoolcool5
Author's Notes:

Not much action in this chapter, I am just using it to set up this journey Killian will be going on.

“Two hundred!?” Mero was already sickened by the notion of helping a man like Jorik Laufy, now that he knew he would be surrounded by thugs of Laufy’s, his anger rose to a new peak. He hurled a balled fist through the wall in his room. “Two hundred, it isn’t bad enough you got us into this foolish adventure Killi, but now all of those fuckers are going to be breathing down our necks the whole way there. You’ve always been there for me Killi, but what were you thinking? You can’t trust him, what did I tell y…” 

            “I know!” Killian burst out. He knew that Mero was not going to react well to this whole situation, but it was the only way. He took a seat, the weight of his promise to Jorik was obviously taking its toll on him already and he hadn’t even embarked on the trek yet. “Mero, what did you want me to do. That man would have killed us both then and there.”

            “Better that then roll over for the man and do his bidding.” What would you have me do friend? Killian was beginning to question himself, if he even made the right decision.

            “He knew I wouldn’t be able to let you throw your life away, that’s why he came after you. If you’re upset at me for trying to keep you alive, then all I can say is live with it!” Killian did not much like arguing this over with Mero at this time, they should be resting. There would be no backing out of this journey.

            Mero gritted his teeth, “Oh thank you Killi, thank you. You saved my life… for now at least. Who knows what we’ll run into out there?”

            Killian knew what they would run into. He wanted to say, You know as well as I, She is out there; I know how perilous it is. Killian opted instead to try and calm Mero down. “When has a bit of danger ever dissuaded you from anything Mero? Besides you’ll have me there to watch your back.”

            “Look at the good that’s done me.”

            “Pretty damn well if you ask me Mero, I seem to remember a number of skirmishes where a certain big oaf got caught off guard. Good thing I was there. Look even if you don’t want to go, you’ll have to, that’s just the way it is. There’s no changing it now my friend.” Killian was worried that Mero wouldn’t listen to his pleas and he couldn’t blame him. This journey was longer and more arduous than any they had ever been on. “C’mon Mero, we are going to need to have each other’s backs through this. What do you say?”

            Mero shifted around, he was thinking over his answer, finally he looked Killian right in the eyes. “What the hell, you’re right about always having my back at least, and like you said, it’s not like I can refuse anyway.”

            Killian gave a sigh of relief, “I’m sorry Mero, truly, when we get back, and make no mistake, we will, I will owe you. Trust me, drinks will be on me for the rest of our days.”

            A booming laugh escaped Mero, “More than drinks my friend, more than drinks. It’s a long journey, I’ll surely think of some way for you to pay the debt.” Mero reached out for Killian’s hand and they locked in a firm shake, “Killi, I mean it when I say thanks for helping me out with Jorik, even though you got us into this.” Killian said nothing, he only nodded. Mero’s smile was widening once more, “come now, let’s rest, the damn journey begins tomorrow.”

            The night passed slowly and uncomfortably for Killian. The memory he was given by Erik seemed to replay itself in grisly detail. He saw how easily hardened men were killed by Her. He was enveloped in the darkness as Her hand inched across the sky over him, the group of men screamed like children before they were crushed by Her mere finger. He envisioned the man who flung himself off the piece of food rather than be eaten by Her. Killian awoke with a gasp; a film of sweat had formed on his brow. Killian could not rest, he was beyond tired after the day, yet when he closed his eyes all that would come to him were visions of the fate the scouts in Erik’s memory succumbed to. She killed them all so easily, not even knowing they were there. She was a force of nature, a disaster that Killian would soon find himself walking towards when he knew he should stay as far away from Her as he could get.

            Repeatedly Killian would toss and turn unable to sleep haunted by the fate of those scouts. His struggles grew to the point where Mero heard them. “Killi, you alright?” he asked. Killian did not shake out of his dream this time though. Mero had to forcibly grab him, trying to shake him out of his dream. Mero finally shook Killian awake with a gasp.

            Killian looked around the room quizzically trying to make sense of where he was. It took him a moment or two to remember how he was supposed to be resting for the journey tomorrow. He saw the ceiling once more and stared up into it before noticing Mero looking worried over him. “What time is it Mero?” He asked in barely a whisper.

            “There’s still time to rest friend, though, you’re doing a piss poor job of it.” Mero stood up and lit the candle once more to light the room then decided to get to the bottom of what was ailing Killian so. “You’ve been mumbling in your sleep all night Killi. I come over to check on you, and you’re burning up. You keep mumbling to yourself about ‘the meld bein the key.’ You’re starting to worry me friend.”

            “I’m sorry Mero, there’s just a lot I can’t explain right now, I’m not sure what’s going on myself.”

“You know I’ve been meaning to ask Killi, how did you know I was in trouble?”

            Flustered, Killian did not know how to answer, he didn’t feel it would be wise to share the details of how powerful his gift was becoming just yet, he was not sure he could even control it. Killian finally answered though, “Jorik’s brother, Erik, he warned me.”

            Mero looked suspicious, “how did he know of it Killi?”

            “Look I’m not sure, he told me and I helped that is the end of it. We’re lucky he did or you might be dead.” Killian did not want to sound as defensive as he did but he blurted out the remark. When do I tell Mero, should I ever? Killian had no answers right now to any of his questions. He was lost in discovering this gift and to make matters infinitely worse he would soon be outside the walls in lands that were a complete mystery to him. Right now though, he had to rest. “Mero, I’m sorry, I just don’t know where my head is right now. Let’s just try and rest again.”

            “As you say Killi,” Mero agreed without any further prodding and quickly drifted back into slumber. Killian was haunted by dreams again but he was at least afforded some rest now. The fever did not seem to persist anymore and he ceased to talk.

            By the next day both men felt at least somewhat ready for their journey. They walked in silence though, neither one wanting to say anything. This could be the last time Killian and Mero would see the city like this. The odds were leaning heavily towards the fact that they would not survive. They could be set upon by one of the lawless bandit tribes on the way or simply crushed carelessly in the Goddess’ path. What if we do make it back? Killian found himself asking. Would Jorik be in their debt, would they be exalted as great pioneers or would Laufy simply take all the credit? Killian asked himself this all the way to the wall until he finally decided all that mattered was they stayed alive. He was not going to let Mero die and he still had to hone his gift. Killian wondered now how would he hone his gift though. There would be no one to teach him, so he would be left to train himself.

            That all ceased to matter when they reached the front gate. Mero put his hand on Killian’s shoulder and somberly stated, “No turning back brother, are you ready?” Killian simply nodded as the gate opened. Both men walked forward and were greeted by the sight of the others going on the journey with them. Dozens of men were loading up the beasts with supplies. Do these men know how unlikely it is they return, Killian thought until he reasoned most of them owed Jorik some debt thus why they were on this trek.

            “You weren’t lying when you said two hundred Killi, and look at all the beasts we got. This might not turn out so bad.” The trepidation Mero still had was clear but Killian shared it. Scanning the area he noticed that Laufy was waddling over towards them. He was sickened by the gluttonous man. Laufy cared little for all these men’s lives, that’s why he was sending them on this suicide mission. Killian noticed another person limping alongside the portly man; he immediately knew who it was.

            Erik called over to Killian with the meld before actually speaking with him. Don’t look so shocked boy, I asked to come along. Before you say “what about your leg” don’t worry about it. I’m here to help you with the meld. I doubt my story did much but scare you before your journey so I’m gonna do something good for once. By the time Erik explained this to Killian, Jorik was right in front of the duo ready to see them gone.

            “Gentlemen,” the portly man said with a cold courtesy “what a fine morning to see you off. I trust you are both ready to make history.” Jorik had a sickening look of satisfaction on his face. He was ready to be able to make himself even richer by finally plotting out a path to where the goddess’ food was. If he wasn’t already the wealthiest man in the colony, he would surely be if this journey succeeded. “It brings a tear to my eye boys, just how momentous your return will be. We will gain access to a virtually limitless amount of food and cement our place in the upper echelon of society. We will have a bountiful supply of delicacies the likes of which aren’t even known. All you and your party has to do is prove that the journey can be made with… acceptable losses, and the council will allow me to permanently send more caravans to that area.”

            Acceptable losses? That phrase lit a fire in Killian, but he quickly doused it before he lit one in Jorik. All he did was nod to all the rotund man said. Laufy went on and on about how all of them would go down in history as great men and how their debt would not only be lifted but they would make a handsome sum if they returned. He loves the sound of his voice doesn’t he? Killian asked Erik through the meld.

            More than most. The former scout replied.

            Finally Erik cut off his older brother, “Jorik, I think they understand now how grand the day is.”

            “Well… you’re right,” Jorik said flustered. “How thoughtless of me, I’ve forgotten to introduce you two to my younger brother Erik. A former scout before a horrible accident, but he will be an asset nonetheless to you.”

            Mero was obviously taken aback by this information. “No offense to you Erik, but are you sure it is wise for a man in your… condition to take a journey such as this. This is your brother’s doing isn’t it. How could you send your own brother on a journey like this, especially crippled as he is?”

            Jorik’s face turned a deep red, Mero had obviously angered him once more, but before he could respond Erik did for him. “Mero, is it? My brother had no part in my decision to go, I promise you. And don’t presume that just because of my busted leg I won’t be able to contribute to this trek. I was a scout once. I know the land.” Your friend doesn’t seem to like me much Erik told Killian in the meld.

            “You’re right. You were once a scout. But how long ago was that. You might have been a help then but now, you’re dead weight.” Mero could not believe they would be stuck taking care of a cripple but Killian knew that Erik was a valuable man to have with them.

            “Lighten up Mero,” he beseeched. “Erik saved your life if you don’t recall and he tells the truth when he says he how well he knows much of the land. I think you will find him most helpful if you give him the chance.”

            Mero grunted but did not say anything against the decision so it was made final by Jorik. “Well then, my dear brother, please do come back. I will surely miss your company.”

            “Of course you will,” said Erik unbelievingly.

            Another hour was spent finally loading all the provisions and men onto the beasts. Erik slowly made his way up one with his limp leg but he did make it up all the same. Killian spoke with some of the men while final preparations were made. He learned many of them were basically forced into this by Jorik and had little to no experience in travelling in a caravan. How many of these men have families or loved ones here to come back to? It was not a comforting thought that many of them would not make it back. It was even less consoling that if they did make it back, Laufy would send countless more men to die all for his greed and the counsel would be fine because the losses would be deemed “acceptable”.

            Mero decided he would be on foot for the first part of the journey so he stayed on the ground while Killian climbed up to take his place on the beast’s back. He took his place by Erik and his heart began to sink. It’s time now.

            Jorik called out, “Good luck! All of you!” Killian knew they were empty words but he hoped luck would be on their side. The beasts were set in motion and the journey finally began in earnest.

            Erik turned to Killian. “You’re understandably troubled but you will need to relax a bit if we are going to begin training with the meld.” Erik was right, with all the anxiety Killian was feeling, his powers began to cloud. He tried clearing his mind, but he could not, at least now. He had too many questions concerning his fate.

            Erik cold sense how troubled Killian truly was, he put a hand on his shoulder to reassure him. “I hear all those questions shooting around your thoughts boy, perhaps I can answer a few and put you at least somewhat at ease.”

            Killian assented, “well it couldn’t hurt to try.” He thought for a moment wondering what to ask first. “Erik, do you think we will survive this?”

            The former scout seemed taken aback. “Of course We will boy. There will be losses no doubt but we will make it; I wouldn’t have come if I thought otherwise. Besides I need to show you the power you have. I couldn’t help the world as a scout but now I have a second chance to atone for the lives I wasted. To be honest I’m not even sure what you will be able to achieve with full control of the Meld but it will be grand to see.”

            Killian was still troubled. “You say I will do great things, that I have the potential to control this great power but I don’t think I want it.” Killian was finally airing out all his worries for Erik to hear. “I grew up on the far side of the domain in the grass forest. I never had much. I was just a simple caravan worker just two days ago. Then I saw Her and She almost killed me. Now I feel she did something worse. I didn’t ask for this power to be thrust upon me. I don’t even know how it will serve me in life other than making people think I am insane.”

            “Plenty of us get things we don’t ask for lad. I didn’t ask for my leg to be made limp but the goddess saw fit to make it so. The one above all has a plan for all of us, even the Goddess. It isn’t for us to know but it will be clear when you see it. Just as I knew I stumbled into you and now I must guide you to master your gift you’ll know you’re calling when you see it.” Erik pushed himself up with his arms and then sat directly in front of Killian. “Now, you may still feel worried but try to relax, we are just going to calm our minds now, that’s all.”

            “Right, relax,” Killian cleared his mind. He sat still as the beast slowly moved them up and down as it walked. He started to feel calm now surprisingly. He slowed his breathing and began to focus just on staying calm. He was fine until something hit his mind. Time for a nice nap in the sun. It was Her voice, she was coming. Killian fell over, hearing Her thoughts was something that took a lot out of him. When Erik helped him back up all Killian could do was say, “I heard Her, She is coming this way.”

            He was right, a rhythmic booming was heard coming from all the way to the other side of the valley. They all felt each step she made before she finally made Her entrance. She was wearing quite a revealing piece of clothing and appeared to be carrying something in her other arm. What little amount of the striped fabric she had on barely covered her quaking breasts. The fabric also seemed to have a hard time containing those same breast that reverberated with each step. Another piece of clothing covered Her womanhood. She was far away but Her size was still breath taking. She was magnificent. Her hazel eyes always had a glint of light in them and her naturally tan skin was bereft of blemishes. Those full lips of her’s were almost in a pout right now. She was Beautiful in virtually every feature, and Her size only amplified that beauty. It was strange the effect she had. Killian was entranced now at the sight of Her but he knew fully well how horrifying she could be.

            She continued Her short walk across the whole valley. It was clear she wasn’t coming their way. Thank the one above all for that, Killian thought to himself. She was leaving to the grass forest. “She won’t be a problem for us at least,” said Killian.

            Erik only replied “The poor souls out there though…”

 

Chapter 6 by coolcoolcool5
Author's Notes:

This is another Yara chapter. It's been a while since I have updated this story. I kept scrapping this chapter completely tring to figure out how I would go about writing it, so hopefully the quality of it doesn't suffer. Anyway please enjoy!

Sweat mixed with the blood flowing out of the gaping slash across his face. He was barking at her. Yara noticed the slobber coming out of his mouth in thick globules as he cursed her in every way imaginable. “You cunt!” he screamed first. “I’ll rip that pretty red hair of yours out with my bare hands, after I’ve had my way with you.” Yara stayed silent, constantly on the move, leisurely dodging his wild strikes. The bandit captain was tiring himself out. She’d make her move soon enough. With all the blood this one’s lost, it’s incredible he hasn’t simply fallen over yet.

            “Stand still bitch!” The bandit swung wide to the right with his hammer. Yara again took care to dodge. As slow as he was getting, one strike of the great, blunt weapon would likely cave in her chest or shatter any of her bones it struck. He raised the hammer up high, his body shifting toward one forceful strike down. This was her chance. As before, Yara sidestepped as the hammer hit the ground, becoming lodged into the earth. The bandit was panting heavily as he desperately tried to pull his weapon from the turf. Yara did not allow him to. Her blade quickly cut through the air, slicing the back of his knee. Crimson rushed out as he toppled over, unable to keep his own weight up.

            “Who taught a whore like you how to fight?” He said, gasping for any air he could get. Makes little difference, she thought, but she gave him no answer, except a swift end to his pain. Her sword entered the back of his neck and protruded through the front, spraying fresh blood all across the ground. The bandit’s body fell limp to the ground. No more insults from him. Yara had been so focused on him, she had almost forgotten the battle around her. Men screamed all over, locking in deadly combat.

            Yara had never seen a bandit force so bold and with such large ranks. Instead of simply attacking travelers, these bandits decided to ransack the city in the grass forest. Yara being a scout knew that she would have to do all in her power to protect the innocents that called this settlement home.

            She scanned the battlefield looking where to go next. Yara spotted one of her sergeants, Kay, fighting several of the bandits by himself. As skilled as the young scout was, he would not be able to keep himself alive if he was left alone to continue the fight. Yara ran at a full sprint, yelling at the top of her lungs trying to get the attackers attention away from Kay. This tactic worked as two of them turned to face her; one was quickly struck down by Kay, and soon the other was locked in combat with Yara. Disposing of those two bandits evened the odds in their favor. Weapons locked and blood was shed. Kay had a tired look on his face, he had been at it for a while. Catching his breath, “Thank you Commander. The help is appreciated; even if it wasn’t needed” he said in his usual arrogant way.

“Easy Kay, it would do wonders to be grateful every now and then.” His demeanor had not bothered Yara. In fact, she thought Kay was gifted in the discipline of the scouts, much as she was when she had first started. She shared the same arrogance as him. Both were supremely confident in their abilities. Those abilities were being put to the test in this skirmish. A good deal of the bandits were still attacking, the battle was still raging on. Yara wondered where the local forces were as they had still not shown up to aid in the defense. That mattered little though, Yara was prepared to fight to her last breath. She would have if not for the events about to transpire.

The first one felt faint, barely a shake that reverberated in Yara’s stomach, but she knew what it meant. No! Not Her, not here, why now? Her mind desperately tried to reason that the Great One wasn’t on Her way, but her eyes quickly quelled that notion. Miles tall she stood, just as the day Yara’s parents and village had been completely destroyed. She was still as beautiful as ever; as much as she hated her, even Yara had to admit that. Those hazel eyes of her gleamed in the sunlight even as far away as She was. Her breasts swayed full and voluptuous as always, the years had done little to change them. She was wearing a striped piece of fabric that covered little of her body, the bottom piece was stretched thin on her full hips. The Great One had something in her arms, some other piece of fabric. Yara knew what it was for, the goddess was going to bask in the sun.

Yara stood still as she was shaken to the core with each step. Kay was just as motionless next to her until he helped Yara shake out of her own trance. For as brave and courageous Yara was, the only thing she feared was the Goddess. With good reason as well, She was unstoppable. No matter how much prowess Yara had, there was nothing she could do to stop the goddess and she still remembered the day her parents had been crushed from existence. The memory would never leave her. But none of that was important now, Yara had a duty to her men.

“I’m fine Kay.” She reassured him as she turned to a peculiar sight. Both her men and the bandits had ceased their fighting to stare up at the divine being. All of them were having trouble standing as the tremors continued to grow in magnitude. She had to act fast, the Goddess would be on them soon. The bandit forces were beginning to run in terror, she would follow their example. “Everyone retreat!” Men started to run and try and call their mounts to fly away before certain death. Yara tried to meld with hers but it was nowhere to be found. “Kay, where is your mount?”

There was panic in his eyes in the place of his usual confidence. “It was injured Ma’am.” Yara had no idea what to do now. Perhaps there was no escaping this. The Goddess was ever closer to her position on the ground.

“We have no choice Kay. Run!” She and Kay went as fast as they could knowing fully well that their effort might be futile. From the proximity of the last tremor and the gust of wind she felt, Yara knew that the Goddess’ foot was nearing its position over them. She didn’t even have to look up to confirm it. A shadow began to drape the land all around them, Yara looked up and saw the ball of the Great One’s foot hanging overhead, lowering. “Don’t stop Kay!” She pushed her body as much as she could to try and outrun the foot but it was too late. The hundreds of men, both scouts and bandits still under her sole began to scream out as their fate became apparent. Yara didn’t allow herself to scream, she wouldn’t give the big bitch the satisfaction. Mere seconds later, Yara felt the impact and the darkness enveloped her.

A short few moments passed. They felt an eternity to Yara. She felt a distant second tremor. She was shocked as everything around her shook violently once more and then, blinding light enveloped her. She looked up from where she was lying to see the sole of the Goddess stretching up into the sky. Grass stalks and mangled bodies stuck into the ridges of her prints. It stayed there until it pushed off the ground and soared forward far away. Bodies and debris fell off of Her toes as it pushed through the air. Yara was at a loss for words. She was alive, somehow, some way she had managed to live. She was elated to find Kay next to her, still breathing as well. She continued to watch the Goddess uneasily. The Great One spread out the cloth she had over a large area of ground and then began to lower her massive body onto it. The cosmic ass impacted into the ground and caused seismic activity all around Yara, the settlement nearby had no doubt been severely damaged by the quakes. The Goddess now laid back letting her great torrents of brown hair pool around the ground and finally she appeared to have closed her eyes. The great breasts settled in their places as she seemed to fully relax herself.

“Kay, are you all right.” Yara moved towards the scout hoping he was as miraculously unharmed as her. To her relief he appeared to be fine, just shaken up.

“Ma’am? We… we’re all right,” he couldn’t believe what he was saying. “The Goddess, she… How?”

Yara walked to the crater left by the ball of the Great One’s foot. It was a deep drop off, the whole thing was filled with bodies and debris. It was eerily similar to the footprint she saw so many years ago. It was beginning to make sense to Yara. She turned to Kay to finally answer him, “Somehow, we were lucky enough to be in the spot between Her toes and Her sole. That’s the only way we survived.” Yara was elated to be alive but she was only still breathing now by pure chance. She counted herself lucky to be caught between the Goddess’ toes, but it made her feel inadequate, powerless. She hated that feeling. She felt less than a piece of dirt. The Goddess had no knowledge of her existence, just as before; She walked with no care for what she treaded on. How would the big bitch feel if she knew how many lives she just wiped out? Yara thought. And that was just one step.

“Kay, How many got away?”

“I’m unsure ma’am. In the commotion, well, I didn’t even think to look.” Kay’s eyes were full of shame. His normal confidence was leaving him. Yara completely understood the fear he felt in the situation. She felt it herself, but she couldn’t let it be seen. She had to be strong a real leader like Kranog. She had to quell any notion of fear she had just as she had several years ago when she saved Erik from certain death.

            “It’s not your fault Kay. Let’s just go find some transport out of here, round up any survivors we can.” She offered him a hand which he gratefully accepted. They started the journey to the town first by walking the path between the chasms of the goddess’ big and second toe prints. Yara made sure not to look down the edge of them for fear of what she might see. It was quite a walk still. The Great One’s magnitude was incomparable to any other living thing. It took them almost fifteen minutes to walk past her toe prints. Now that they were back in an open field Yara turned to walk towards the nearest village. Before beginning she looked at the Goddess. The Great One had basically become the horizon from the point of view of Yara. She could look up and down the curves of the cosmic body. She looked gentle sleeping there in Her divine slumber, but Yara and Kay had just seen the cruel extent of Her unaware power.

“We walk straight this way and we’ll be there in no time Kay.” He nodded his agreement. Yara noticed that he wasn’t as talkative as usual. It made little difference, they would be back to the marble valley soon. It was an uneventful walk for the most part, a random tremor might shake them as the Goddess would shift position, but they were making good time.

Yara had started to become lost in her own thoughts since Kay was keeping so quiet. She was thinking of all the men lost today. It was a disaster. Just my luck that the giant bitch would show up during the battle. Yara was busy thinking and barely heard Kay’s warning. “On the road Ma’am!”

She looked and was surprised to see a column of not the local militia, but what appeared to be a professional army. Beasts larger and meaner looking than the normal kind were being ridden and the soldiers were dressed in fine suits of wooden armor. Where are they going, Yara had to wonder. They were marching towards the Goddess, not away where they should be. And where the hell were they when they were needed in battle? Yara was absolutely infuriated to see them now marching proud and cocksure, especially since none had done anything in the defense of their homes. She called out angrily to any of them who would listen, “Where is your commander? I would have a word with him!” The displeasure in her voice was apparent, yet the soldiers did not appear to heed her call. They continued to march the big beasts ever forward. This only angered Yara more. Once again she called out, “Who commands here!”

“I do,” a petulant voice replied. One of the large, red beasts pulled out of rank to walk towards the two scouts. A ladder descended and to Yara’s surprise the man who climbed down was quite young. His hair, a light shade of brown fell in soft curls down the side of his face. “You wanted the commander, here I am.” She didn’t know how to reply. He spoke again more impatiently, “I ask you hurry with whatever you wish to ask. Especially considering I don’t usually disembark at the whim of rabble at the roadside.” He made a disgusting smile and continued, “Of course, I don’t usually happen upon such beautiful wenches as yourself.”

Yara was about to burst with a flurry of heated words but instead Kay spoke up. “Have care who you speak to sir, this is Commander Yara of the aerial scouts!” Kay had a noticeable amount of fire behind his words. They clearly angered the young commander.

You, are the one who should have care who you speak to. I am Lord Jason Culliver! I won’t stand here and be spoken to in such a manor.” That took Yara by surprise. She had not yet heard that Lord Jason had assumed rule over his father’s lands yet and to be leading the army, something must have happened to old Lord Gerald. She was unfamiliar with the young lord in all but name.

“Lord Jason,” Yara said as friendly as possible, “I was unaware of your ascension. What happened to your father?”

 Culliver did little to hide the annoyance of the question on his face. “My good father drifted away in his sleep not more than two weeks ago. He is missed, but now these lands have a new leader, one stronger than even my father. Everyone will know the measure of my strength when I am finished with this current campaign. Now commander, what business is it you wish to discuss?”

“Lord Culliver, this is a serious host. Where exactly do you intend on marching it. The bandit threat is already abolished. There is nothing left over there except the Goddess and I strongly advise you to stay away from Her.”

“The Goddess,” the young lord paused a split second with an uncomfortable gleam in his eye, “is exactly the reason I march my host over there.” He noticed the look of confusion on Yara’s face and continued, “Don’t look so surprised commander. This will be a glorious victory.”

“You…you can’t be serious Lord Culliver.” She had heard the words plainly but didn’t understand the meaning behind them. “You are going to attack her? The Goddess?”

“I don’t recall saying otherwise commander.” Yara stood flabbergasted.

“My Lord…” she couldn’t seem to think of enough ways to describe what she was thinking. “Lord Culliver, this… is folly. Your host will be obliterated. Never has anyone dared to march and fight back against Her. Not even when she lays down. You have no doubt seen all the lives swept away without thought by Her steps.” Yara paused for a second still unable to comprehend the lords purpose. She was about to continue but was cut off.

“Commander, I’m sure a meager force such as the scouts could do little to harm Her, and you speak truthfully when you say no one has ever tried a direct assault, but perhaps that is what it will take to end Her. These beasts here are bred for war,” he said while pointing back at the still marching column. “Their jaws have great force in them and at their ends are impressive barbs. A toxin is housed within them. I believe if enough of them sting Her, she will succumb and we will finally be free from living in Her world. It will become ours.”

The Lord spoke with an alarming amount of conviction. He appeared to truly believe he could defeat the goddess. “You lead your men to death,” Yara said disgusted.

“Some will die, yes. But it will be a necessary sacrifice to rid the world of that titan.”

“I name you mad, Lord Culliver. There is nothing we can do against Her. This ploy to gain the respect of your people will only end in death and chaos for you, your army here, and the lands you rule. The people in your hold need order now more than ever.” For a second Yara thought she might have gotten through to the young lord. She knew pride like his. She was prone to rash actions, but never anything on this scale.

Lord Culliver turned red in the face, he was beginning to look more and more like the boy he was. “You name me mad?” he said with complete disdain. “I name you craven commander. I fear Her just as much as you but I’m going to face my fears and stop Her. Today, all those lives she has extinguished will be avenged, and my name will go down in history.”

Yara was fuming inside, but for a queer reason. Being called craven to her face had made her angrier than anything else the young lord was saying. It was a grave insult, especially to someone in Yara’s position. Kay’s face was stoic when Yara looked at him, he was waiting to see how she would respond to the insult. She could feel every second pass as she took her time to respond, each of those seconds made her well up with more fire. It burned inside her even brighter when she saw the satisfied grin on Culliver’s face; he knew that had stung deep. Deep down, what annoyed Yara most was the grain of truth the insult carried with it. Like salt on an open wound, all the fear the Goddess had spread throughout her life jumped into her face. She had only faced that fear once in a dangerous act to save her friend Erik and it almost cost her life.

Doubt crept into Yara’s mind now. What if Culliver’s plan would work? What better way to avenge the death of her parents so long ago, than to kill the being who caused it? She flirted with the idea of joining them and then cast it aside. She had made up her mind when the lord had decided to speak up again.

“I see my words have struck a chord. You’re afraid to the point of inaction.”

“Enough!” The word shot out of Yara’s mouth as if she had no control. All those years of hate and sadness because of the big bitch brought her to say something she knew she would instantly regret. “Lord Culliver…perhaps… you’re right.” Shock was noticeable on Kay’s face but he still kept his stoic silence. Culliver’s face became suddenly very interested in what the commander was speaking. She continued, “If you would Lord Culliver, allow me to join you. I would not be able to live with myself if your campaign were to end successfully and I were not there to bring an end to Her with you.”

Culliver had suddenly become the very picture of shock, yet it was obviously in a somewhat happy manner. “If you can handle yourself in a battle commander, and I’m sure you can, then I’d be more than happy for you to join this campaign.”

Kay had listened to all he could hear “Commander, you can’t be serious.” Yara’s face did not change, she didn’t need to give an answer. “You’ll die with him commander. How could throw away your life so easily?” His questions were largely going unnoticed until he brought up a certain name. “What would Lord Commander Krannog think of this folly?”

Her eyes found his, deeply she breathed in a moment, “He of all people should understand why I do this. A scout must help those around them. What better way to help everyone, than by killing Her.” She pointed an accusatory hand in the direction of the Goddess. “My family was taken from me when I was I young girl by Her. I wouldn’t expect you to understand my position but don’t question me in this.” Her voice was cold, she could feel it, but had no control over the way she was speaking to the young scout. Yet he did not flinch away from her.

“Commander. Like you originally said, this can only end in disaster. As a fellow scout I feel it’s my duty to keep you away from pursuing this course of action.”

“You’ll do no such thing Kay.” She paused a moment, Kay was uncertain what she would say next. Before she could speak the Goddess reminded them of Her ever present power in their lives by simply rolling over onto Her back. On the Horizon the whole party viewed how the veritable mountain range that was Her body shifted its position in the most delicate of ways.

Yara allowed everyone to find their footing again and then resumed her thought. “I won’t drag you into this, but I have my mind made up Kay. I’m sure Lord Culliver here will provide you with transportation back to a city, you can receive a mount and fly back to Krannog from there.” Yara looked at the lord who only nodded his assent. Kay did not look like he would leave, he stood firm for several moments. Yara finally spoke up, “Go! That’s an order Kay. Get back to base.”

“As you wish, commander. Just be careful.” Kay was obviously unhappy, but he left all the same. You’ll see him again, after you’ve finished Her off, a voice inside said. But she couldn’t find it in herself to agree with it. Either way, whatever her doubts were there would be no turning back now.

“Right this way, Commander Yara, you can ride with me if you wish.” The Lord had become very courteous now that he had Yara agreeing with his agenda. Yara followed him up the rope steps to the war saddle tied to the beast. This creature was bigger than the caravan variety and seemed much more unruly to boot. Its reddish hide was covered with more jagged edges, it would be a horrifying sight to any enemy. Will she even see them though? Yara had to question herself. Then she supposed it would be better to go unseen.

Quite a while passed when they were nearing the site of battle. Culliver had barely spoken a word to Yara the whole march and she had said even less. She was completely focused on the mission. They kept marching until they noticed a peculiar sight. They weren’t the only ones approaching the Goddess. There were thousands already there bowed down on all fours. They appeared to be worshipping her. Yara had never seen the likes of this before. Culliver’s face showed that he had an equally confused feeling about what they were seeing. All of them were being led by a ragged man in front yelling as loud as he could begging the Goddess’ forgiveness. All of the other worshippers joined his plea sending a shrill call up that was likely being ignored by their divine ruler.

The tan flesh of the Goddess’ tan arm had stretched for thousands of feet in both directions, lying flat to Her side as she was soaking in the sun’s warmth. All of these people crowded next to the Great One only amplified how miniscule Yara’s people were. She somewhat admired their bravery in coming so close to the Goddess when one stray movement could wipe them all out in an instant. The twitch of an arm, or rolling over as she did earlier could spell disaster and an early grave for them. Culliver had donned the look of contempt he had earlier, only now it was directed at this rabble.

“Subjects!” He called out as loudly as possible. “What is the meaning of this gathering? You would give patronage to this destroyer?”

“Destroyer?” The Ragged man who appeared to be the leader questioned back. The crowd parted as he walked towards Culliver’s beast. “You would call our Great One a destroyer? I call her ruler. She casts judgment and swiftly deals out the punishment. Anyone killed by Her was killed because it was divine will.” The ragged man spoke with a troubling conviction in his voice. “You have come before my congregation here, we who have made this pilgrimage to see Her, and I must ask, Why?”

“Quite simply I’m here to end Her for all those ‘divine killings’ you ramble about.” The ragged man was taken aback by this, Culliver didn’t allow him a chance to respond. “I’ll make this simple, remove your fanatics from my path or be run down. The choice is simple, go on choose.”

Yara was uncomfortable with the idea of running down these pilgrims even if she did view their beliefs as absolutely foolish. She wanted the only bloodshed to be the Goddess’. If She can bleed. The next few moments were tense. The ragged man stayed silent. Until finally he spoke again.

“You would have us simply stand by as you try to harm our Goddess? Have you no sense. You can’t harm Her.”

“Look, my good man, I care little to continue this conversation make your choice. Now.”

The ragged man pulled out an old sword from inside an ancient scabbard that dangled on his hip. “Very well. You threaten our Goddess, you leave us no choice. To arms brothers and sisters.” The thousands of worshippers began to brandish weapons of their own now. None were very impressive, but Yara knew they would kill all the same.

“Full march forward men! Ground units! Mop up this rabble!” With that command it began with a fierce sudden cry from those below the beast. Yara felt lucky to be up here but her misgivings towards harming the pilgrims were still strong. The Beasts began their walk straight threw the line of pilgrims. Many were simply swept aside by the great force of the creatures long legs. There was little resistance to the beasts, they had already made it close to the Goddess arm. Now was the moment of truth. As commanded the creatures raised their two front legs and found a way to pinch the soft flesh of the Goddess just enough to begin the climb.

Soon Yara’s beast was completely vertical making a steady pace as it scaled up the wall that was the Great One’s arm. She looked back at the battle raging below. The army Culliver had brought was holding its own against the onslaught of the zealous attackers, albeit only slightly. As better equipped and trained as they were, they were outnumbered by a decent margin. If they all worked as a unit they could repel the attack, maybe, thought Yara. She held the reins as tight as she could so as not to fall off.

They were halfway up the arm when the first challenge appeared. The Goddess’ arm simply twitched for half a second and shook all of them very thoroughly. One unlucky soldier was not holding on to his reins with a good enough grip. His Beast was only a view dozen feet above Yara’s. She heard his scream first and saw him plummet quickly past her. She didn’t watch him hit the ground, but from how high up they already were, she knew he had died on impact. She felt herself grip the rein tighter, she wouldn’t risk falling if there was to be another shock like that.

Luckily there was not anymore on the remainder of the trip up the arm. Yara looked down one more time on the battle to see that the soldiers were still holding their ground. She took a second to get her bearings as the vertical climb had somewhat disoriented her. Now it was to be a trip across the flesh of the Goddess’ forearm to the part that was pressed up against Her side. That whole process went off just fine as well, the beasts now found themselves on the stomach of the Great One. Yara scanned down the whole body that became a landscape to her. It was unreal. The perfectly tanned skin of the Great one was all around her. She looked down and saw the endless pit of the Goddess’ belly button, remarking at the circumference of it. Then her eyes traced all the way down the Goddess’ miles long legs. They were outstretched and Yara noticed specifically how far away Her toes were. They were painted a bright pink color and were kept perfectly groomed. Say what you will about this big Bitch but she obviously likes to pamper Herself.

Yara hadn’t seen the most breathtaking view yet. When she turned away from looking at the Great One’s distant toes, she saw them up close. They were literal mountains. Voluptuous and round didn’t even begin to describe them. Every breath the Goddess took had shaken them ever so slightly, it was like watching whole islands shake in an earthquake. That striped fabric she was wearing looked close to bursting at any moment due to the sheer volume that was this Goddess’ bust. They were mesmerizing to the entire party. All of them stared several moments as if they had instantly forgotten the rest of the plan at the sight of those immaculate breasts. They covered thousands of square feet and were the apparent obstacle for Yara’s beast.

“Remarkable, isn’t she men?” An unknown lieutenant who was sitting next to Yara said. There was no spoken answer but everyone knew that the man was right. The Goddess was a remarkably beautiful being, viewing Her in this way just gave them all a new perspective of that fact. Dumbfounded they continued to stare, many around Yara were obviously aroused, even Lord Culliver. He did well to hide it though.

“Enough staring men, we need to finish this soon.” Everyone broke out of their trance and resumed the march to their designated positions on the body.  Culliver was beginning to appear nervous, he was obviously having doubts just as Yara had been. His doubts were made worse with the next event that transpired.

By some occurrence the Goddess must have felt a few of the creatures travelling across Her stomach. It was not enough to wake Her from Her sleep but she did have the automatic reaction to scratch the itch. Yara watched on in horror as the arm they were on only a few minutes ago shot into the air. While climbing it, she felt as if it were just a part of the world, seeing something that big move still left her absolutely terrified. The area was quickly found by the hand and was directly over the two beasts caught under it. From here she could see the men riding them throw up their arms as if it would somehow stop the cosmic pillars of flesh that were the titan’s fingers. Their screams were instantly silenced by the force of Her mere pointer and middle fingers. The beasts were ripped apart as the fingers drug themselves across the afflicted spot. When the Great One had apparently grown satisfied with scratching, she lifted Her fingers up from the area. A grisly sight was left. Only torn pieces of one of the beasts could still be seen as well as some ruptured corpses of the insignificant riders who died alongside it. As Yara viewed the fingers soring over her she noticed that the pointer finger had the half dead corpse of one of the beasts still twitching on it. She could barely make it out, but there appeared to be a view survivors left clinging to the head of the creature. Unfortunately for them, the grip the beast had on the ridges of the titans finger finally broke and all of them plummeted with the half dead thing, most certainly to all die.

It was a gruesome sight, and it didn’t fill the other remaining riders with much hope. Two beasts and nearly forty men were dead now, and it wasn’t even on purpose. The Goddess was merely scratching an itch she had felt on Her ab. Either way, there was no turning back now. Culliver called a resume to the march and they all plodded along. They moved a little more slowly now for fear of being crushed like the others though.

“Where is our final position Lord?” Yara inquired, hoping now to break the uncomfortable silence that had formed.

“We attack Her heart commander. One above all willing, it will be the killing blow to Her.” He pointed forward to the two mountains barring their passage, “We’ll have to cross those though.” Culliver stared with a peculiar longing for several moments after he finished.

The time had come now, to pass through the canyon of the Goddess’ bosom. There was a short delay as they had to climb over the strap of the garment holding in the Great One’s breasts. When they were over that, the sight of the two fleshy mountains completely filled the view to both sides. They felt the rising and lowering of each breath the Goddess was taking, it made the beasts somewhat unsteady. It was unreal to for Yara still to think that she was on another living thing. They were finally nearing their destination. They found themselves settling near the top of the titan’s right breast. The soft flesh stretched out all around them. Now the time was near to finally strike down the goddess.

“You wanted to be here for this, and in my kindness I allowed it. I hope you’re ready to see Her reign of terror end.”

“Of course,” Yara said. She was going to savor this.

Culliver nodded, his nerves were obvious on his face. “Firstly we blow the horn, which is the signal to begin to stab the barbs into Her. Not us though, we stab Her last.” He turned to one of the other riders, “John, be ready on my signal.” He paused, taking in a deep breath and looking at the beautiful face of the Goddess that filled the sky behind them.  What they could see of Her soft brown hair fell in tresses down the side of Her face. This was the face of death for so many, but seeing Her sleeping now, Yara wondered if Culliver was having second thoughts.

“Sound the Horn.”

John blew one long note until the next beast down took up the note snd the one after that and the one after that, until the sequence had played out and the horns could no longer be heard. The beast closest to Yara’s lifted its great barb into the air and plunged directly into the tan earth that surrounded them all. She knew the other beasts all over the body were now doing the same. The venom would enter the Goddess’ body now and hopefully kill Her.

Culliver was smiling as the barbs were entering the flesh, “I think its…” A jolt cut off what he was going to say, everyone on the titan felt it. Her muscles were tensing up, but not in the way they had envisioned.

“Ow,” She roared, deafening all of them for a moment. Culliver was yelling something but all Yara heard was the high pitched ping of her ears trying to regain their hearing. The breast they were on began to jiggle somewhat as the Goddess repositioned herself. Yara saw the eyes of the Great one scan Her body. Quickly those brilliant hazel orbs found the source of the pain. “Stupid ants!” She said once more in Her thunderclap of a voice. The arm of the goddess enveloped them in shadow but it was not targeting them. She was likely wiping out the creatures on Her stomach. Yara couldn’t see the beasts being wiped out due to the sheer size of the breasts blocking the view, she only felt the wind generated by the cosmic arm swatting away the creatures.

“It didn’t work…she…she should be dead by now.” Culliver was stammering out his disbelief when suddenly the Great One began to sit up. The force of gravity was pushing down on all of them as the Goddess found a comfortable position to sit. Her breasts were bouncing in a frenzy as they tried to find their normal orientation. Everything shook with them as they crashed into each other and resumed their voluminous shape. Yara was having trouble holding on to the reins of her seat. Others did not fare as well as her though, some were thrust out of the great saddle and sent flying down the contours of the Goddess’ breast.

The Great One was obviously very displeased, she scanned Her massive breast and found one of the beasts on the tit adjacent to Yara’s. “You fucking fire ants just have to ruin a girl’s tan don’t you,” she scolded the thing and the men on it in a crash of thunder. She reached down with the two pillars once more and plucked the creature off Her body, lifting it into the air as if it weighted nothing at all. Screams were heard as the goddess pulled the thing all the way up to Her face. She berated it more, “You didn’t think this through all the way did you, you dumb little bug. You know, if you were anything other than a fire ant I’d probably let you get away, but sorry.” She ended the things life without any second thought. She ground Her two fingers together, completely obliterating the creature in no time. In only a minute of waking up She destroyed virtually the entire force that was sent here.

Yara watched all of it, basically shutting down on the inside. She had never seen the Goddess like this. Seeing Her up close only magnified the power she had. She basically laughed off the attack and disposed of them in the easiest of ways. The Goddess was now beginning to stand up and once again Her breasts shook together, knocking into each other. The beast was finally losing a foothold and began rolling down the breast. It couldn’t grab for any foothold as the continuous shaking was throwing it off. Men could no longer hold onto the beast and began to fly off screaming. Yara herself was screaming as loud as she could holding onto the reins. When all was said and done, the beast had barely caught itself on a piece of the fabric of the Great One’s garment. It was clear the beast would only be able to hold on for only a bit more.

“We have to get off this thing,” Yara, screamed to the men struggling to stay on.

“And Go where?” Responded Culliver. It was clear the only place to go was to somehow climb onto the Goddess and hold on for dear life.

Yara was looking down. The ground was miles away, she couldn’t believe the view. As strained as she was, she actually noticed the soldiers and pilgrims still on the ground. Not for long though, they were running, perhaps hoping to escape the Goddess’ wrath. She gave them no mercy. Without much ceremony She simply shifted Her foot forward and wiped out the lot of them. How could I have gotten myself mixed up into this bloodshed, Yara questioned herself. The ordeal still wasn’t over. The creature strained to hold itself and Yara finally jumped to action. She scaled the thing and made a leap of faith towards the fabric in front of her. She made it looking back to the others as they regarded her dumbfounded.

“C’mon, you have to jump too!” She yelled out. They didn’t get their chance. The beast finally lost its grip and Yara’s last sight of the young Lord Culliver, his face a pale white, had quickly accepted his certain fate. She watched the beast and them drop all the way, thousands of feet down the Goddess’ body. By the trajectory of their fall it looked as if they would crash directly into the big toenail of the Great One’s right foot. There would be twelve insignificant red splotches of viscera on the hard pink surface of the nail. They would no doubt go unnoticed Yara thought to herself. How cruel that one was a lord to an entire holdfast as well, and yet he would go just as unceremoniously as the others, likely to never be given a thought by the Titan she was holding on to. How little we actually matter…

The Goddess began to walk. Yara looked out over the land she was sailing across now at an unreasonable speed. She was beginning to feel woozy at the constant wind in her face, and the strain in her arms was becoming more apparent with each passing second. The shaking was already wearing her out. I guess, this is payback for not running to fight another day after the close call from earlier. She was beginning to reason the end was near when suddenly the Goddess stopped.

“Ugh, these are going to blister.” The titan was examining the bites. Unknown to Her, this momentary pause had saved Yara’s life. She was hanging near the bottom of the goddess’ boob, thinking of how sorry she was now. Then she heard a familiar sound, the buzzing of wings. It was a scout! Someone was coming for her even though she didn’t deserve it. She tried to look around to see where it was coming from, or if it was even real but her arms screamed in pain.

She was about to give up until she heard Kay’s voice, “Get on Commander!” She turned to view him and he was there. Thank the One above all, he was there! The excitement was too much for her. She tensed up a moment and her arms finally gave out. She was falling for only a few seconds before she was caught by the young scout. She was saved!

She looked at the Goddess as she was flying away, it was hard to believe all the events that had transpired this day. She knew she shouldn’t be alive but against all odds she was. And Kay had saved her in roughly the same fashion that she had saved Erik. She was still feeling woozy though, exhaustion was taking its hold both physical and mental.

Kay turned to her in his normal cheery way, “You know Commander, it would do wonders to be grateful every now and then.”

She loved the grin he had, she wanted to thank him and thank him, but she couldn’t. Her body wouldn’t let her speak. All she did was fade away to blackness thinking of the day, she was unsure if she would wake up again.

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=4616