Precious Little Demons by Sterben Klein, Franchise Writer
Summary:

Claire Abernathy is a kind girl. Having moved after family issue's she winds up working at a Daycare. Its a dream job for her, she loves children... but the children here have secrets of their own.

Contains Underage content, along with a lot of other strange philia's. If thats not your cup of tea, feel free to look somewhere else.

 


Categories: Butt, Crush, Entrapment, Feet, Furry, Gentle, Humiliation, Incest, Insertion, Lesbians, Mouth Play, New World Order, Nose, Odor, Scat, Unaware, Violent, Vore, Watersports Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: F/f
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes Word count: 196299 Read: 215747 Published: February 22 2016 Updated: March 16 2017
Story Notes:

Contain's Loli so yea, look out you prudes.

1. Fated meetings by Sterben Klein

2. Welcome to the Club by Sterben Klein

3. Let The Games Begin by Sterben Klein

4. What we are by Sterben Klein

5. Prove your worth by Sterben Klein

6. Kat toy by Sterben Klein

7. Rewarding good behaviour by Sterben Klein

8. May-be this won't be so bad? by Sterben Klein

9. A wager between friend's by Sterben Klein

10. Broken chains... by Sterben Klein

11. Cut the cord... by Sterben Klein

12. What I am... by Sterben Klein

13. Burdens of a lost girl, by Sterben Klein

14. Kat fight, by Sterben Klein

15. The truth about trust... by Sterben Klein

16. The calm before the storm by Sterben Klein

17. What They are... by Sterben Klein

18. Why We're Here... by Sterben Klein

19. What We'll Do... by Sterben Klein

20. Who... are you? by Sterben Klein

21. The truest form of love... by Sterben Klein

22. Epilog by Sterben Klein

Fated meetings by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello all, i am new to writing and wanted to try my hand at it after reading many stories on this site. I've seen many stories here but not many use the philia's i enjoy personally. So, i hope you all like what i have so far.

Fare warning, this story is going to get very direct and very dirty fast. Contains Underage content and i wrote the characters in mind with anime characters i like, but if you want to imagine them regular, be my guest.

Special thanks to Franchise Writer for reading my story and chapter's ahead of time to help with my grammer, english is not my first language, and he did a lot to make it more readable.

Enjoy.

(~Precious Youth Daycare~)

 

“H-H-Here… t-these w-w-were all the applicants that a-applied over the summer M-Miss Artiste…” An elderly woman whispered shakily as she handed over a manila folder containing multiple job applications to a younger female who looked rather regal in appearance.

Her golden blond hair flowed past her waist as her painted nails tapped on the folder. “Is that all? There was more last year… and more the year before as well. Are you hiding any from me?” The elderly woman visibly froze as a chilling sensation passed over her.

Quickly kneeling before the blond she shook her head furiously. “N-NO I SWEAR IM NOT! T-T-There’s… there’s just been a decline in people a-after… after rumors got out that people had started disappearing from here…”

The younger woman scowled before tossing the folder back to the groveling girl without even looking into it. “Hire them all. I’ll just have to find other people on my own.” The woman on the floor shivered as she looked down at the folder in front of her.

She had done everything she could to ward people off from this place but… it just wasn’t enough. As the younger blond stepped towards the door leading out of the Daycare she was in, she gave another look to the worker before smiling.

“I’ll inform my little angels about this… for your sake, you better hope I find more people for you to hire.” As she exited, the woman still kneeling on the floor burst into tears. She hated this, all of it… but she could do nothing to stop it… It was starting over again…

For the next year, she would have to watch the genocide of countless people… like she had every year since they came to her Daycare…

Would the cycle never end…?

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

(~ One Week Later ~)

 

 

“Damn it, why did I have to stop and get that cat out of a tree?!” Claire cursed as she ran quickly down the winding streets of Philadelphia. It was the first day after summer, and her first job started today. However it seemed she was going to get fired before her career even began for being late!

When she left for work, she made it half way before she noticed a strange orange haired girl jumping up and down under a tree. After a short conversation she found out the girl was trying to get her cat down. Wanting to leave she was about to but the cute little eyes the girl gave her made her heart break.

After climbing up the tree and fighting with the rather rude feline, she jumped down before handing the girl her kitty before taking off quickly. She had wasted a lot of time doing that, and it might have cost her, her job.

Shaking her head angrily she sighed. ‘I know I helped that little girl but still…’ a small frown made its way to her lips. She couldn’t say no to that kid, it went against everything she believed in. She was working at a freaking daycare for crying out loud!

Kids were just her Achilles heel, she loved them. Smiling fondly at the thought of the little girl hugging her kitty she took off faster. She wouldn’t be late, and she wouldn’t get fired. This was a dream come true for her! Not to mention she’d prove her family wrong as well, bonus.

Having been all but disowned by her family, she had little to hold onto in the town she had grown up in. she wanted to start her life new when she turned 18. So once she had enough saved up (curtesy of friends and estranged relatives) from various birthdays and part time jobs, she moved out of state before winding up in Pennsylvania.

She really had no clue were her life was going but, a nice job like this would be a great way to begin. She’d be doing what she loved and making money as well. What else could she possibly ask for? As Claire rounded another winding corner she saw the large, brightly painted sign in site.

‘Precious Youth Daycare, come on hurry!’ Looking down at her watch it read, 7:59, she was going to make it! Suddenly her happiness shattered however as she neared the street she needed to cross. Stopping abruptly, she watched a bright red Lamborghini pull up in front of her, blocking the path.

Almost crashing into it, Claire skid to a stop, stumbling slightly before regaining her balance. As the doors on the other side opened, she watched mesmerized as a tall blonde stepped out. She looked to be in her thirties with long flowing golden hair going past her waist.

The woman stepped towards her backseat before opening it for someone. As the woman kneeled down for a moment she stood back up before moving back in her car. The whole experience was rather odd to Claire.

Why was a luxury car and what looked like a very powerful woman stopping in the middle of the street? As the car drove away, her eyes lingered on the retreating vehicle for a moment before she noticed a flash of yellow.

Looking towards the direction the car had once been, she noticed two little girls holding hands. Both hand the same golden blond hair as the woman before. ‘Oh, those must be her kids…’ Both looked young, maybe 5 or 6 in age.

They almost looked identical… wait. Claire blinked in surprise, they were. They were dressed the same, they had the same faces as well. They were twins for sure. The only noticeable difference she could see was their hair.

The twin on the left wore her long blond hair in pigtails, while the other had it flowing behind her head like her mother. The only difference was the red band of string pulling it over her bangs. The same red ribbon was in the pigtailed twin’s hair but instead of pulled back; it was tied into bows on her pigtails.

As the twins started walking towards the daycare they suddenly stopped before their heads turned around slowly, simultaneously. Claire’s eyes widened slightly as she looked into the bright red eyes the twins shared. They were staring directly into her.

Time seemed to slow as they looked at one another, it was almost… hypnotic. As soon as it had happened it ended however. Turning away, both twins walked into the daycare leaving Claire in a frozen stupor.

“W-What… what the heck just happened…?” Grabbing her head she shook it for a moment as her hands rubbed her temple. That was weird even for her. Blinking once, then twice, Claire’s face suddenly looked horrified.

Gazing down at her watch she almost screamed. ‘I-I-Its 8:15?!’ how did she just spend fifteen minutes standing there?! Running furiously towards the daycare, she burst through the door franticly as she looked around. As her eyes landed on the woman she was looking for, she quickly tried to compose herself before walking over towards her.

An older woman wearing a tight white tee-shirt with a heart on it and the Daycare’s logo smiled a small smile as she watched a couple girls playing with some blocks in the corner of her daycare before she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

Turning around her eyes widened slightly as she looked over the flustered brunette in front of her. “H-Hello mam I-I’m Claire Abernathy. I applied here a few weeks ago and w-was told to talk to the manager in the acceptance letter I received. C-Can you show me to her please?”

The woman fidgeted slightly before putting on a scowl. “Well Miss Abernathy, I am the manager, and your late.” Claire visibly flinched at the tone the woman held. “We do not tolerate tardiness, and I’m sorry but being late on your first day of work is unacceptable. I’m afraid you’ll have to go.”

Claire’s façade shattered. Was she really getting fired on her first day of work?! “M-Miss-“” Meriam”, “M-M-Miss Meriam, p-please let me explain! I left early and I was coming here early as well, I… I just got stopped on the way here by…” Claire bit her lip. She didn’t have to stop to help that little girl… and she also did stand outside the Daycare for 15 minutes for some reason…

The Daycare lady scowled before turning away. “I’m sorry but there’s no excuse you can give me that I will accept. You’ll just have to find some other place to wo-“Meriam froze abruptly as she felt an icy feeling spreading over her.

Craning her neck slowly, her eyes beaded as she looked into a pair of red ones glaring back at her. “I… I…” Claire looked back at the manager of the Daycare confused, was she ok? “M-Miss, is everything alright?” Turning back sharply, Claire jumped as she saw the panicked look in the woman’s eyes.

“Y-Y-Your… Y-You’re fine, M-Miss Abernathy… please go into the back and put your things away… you start now…” Claire blinked once, then twice, before a full blown smile broke out on her face. “O-Oh thank you Miss Meriam, I swear you won’t regret this! I’ll do you proud I promise!”

Smiling all the way towards the back of the Daycare, Claire entered the small locker room, employees used for changing as she put on her Daycare shirt. She had no idea what just happened, she thought for sure she was going to be cut loose.

It looked like she had a Guardian angel looking out for her. Meriam watched the younger girl enter the employee’s locker room, before lowering her head in shame. “You should have left when you had the chance…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

As Claire stepped out of the changing room with a broad smile on her face, she looked around happily. This was a dream come true. All around her she saw children playing and having fun. As she continued looking around, there were a lot of people working there surprisingly.

She counted about 12 in all. ‘Weird, I thought there’d be 3 or 4 tops and I was lucky…’ Shrugging, Claire disregarded it. They probably just had a large clientele. As she was about to talk to Meriam again about where she would start, she felt a light tug on her jeans.

“It is you nice lady!” Blinking in surprise, Claire looked down at a little girl with bright orange hair. ‘Wait…’ As she looked into the kids smiling face it clicked. “You’re the little girl I helped this morning aren’t you.” Claire chuckled as she saw the happy expression worn on the girl’s features.

She was about 4 from what Claire could tell. Her short cut, orange hair was definitely enough to give it away she was the same girl but that wasn’t what did it. On top of her hair was a pair of fake orange cat ears. She had glimpsed them when she had left earlier, but now looking back it was definitely adorable.

The girl laughed happily as she clung to Claire’s leg hugging her. “Thank you so much lady. You saved my kitty!” Smiling down at the girl she rubbed her hair affectionately. “I’m glad I could help. I see you like cats don’t you?”

The little girl nodded quickly. “I love all kitties, I am one after all.” She giggled, drawing a giggle from Claire as well. She was just too cute. Standing back up she gave a light wave to the girl before she took off in a different direction.

That was a surprise she was more than happy to accept. The look on her face was wonderful. Sighing happily, Claire shook her head. She knew this job would pay for itself in time, and it already was. It warmed her heart to see the happy expression the little girl sported after seeing her again.

‘What a strange kid. I wonder how she got her parents’ permission to dye her hair orange.’ It wasn’t natural, that’s for sure. Moving into another room, Claire looked around before her eyes landed on Meriam who was busy separating two little girls who were bickering over the same doll.

As she looked at the two cuties fighting, something occurred to her. There were no boys here. Looking around she blinked in surprise seeing none. ‘Was this an all-girls daycare? The application hadn’t specified that.

Humming in thought, Claire shrugged. She’d find out about that later. Stepping over to Meriam she twiddled her thumbs behind her back for a moment before getting her attention. “M-Meriam…?” Looking up from the two girls she was between, the older woman’s frown deepened.

“What can I help you with…? Claire.” She didn’t sound happy to speak to her at all. Did she really leave that bad of an impression on her manager? Biting her lip she gulped slightly before wetting her lips. “I, I wanted to ask you, are there any duties you’d like to assign me to today…”

Meriam scowled before looking away. “Do whatever you want, I don’t care.” Claire’s eyes widened slightly at that. What kind of manager told their employee to do whatever they wanted?! As Claire was about to speak up about that she flinched once again by the harsh glare the older lady gave her.

“What is it?! I already told you to go didn’t I?” Taking a step back, Claire nodded sadly. This wasn’t the great start to her career she had imagined. Lowering her eyes she turned back before heading back towards the room she had just come from.

As she entered her eyes scanned the room for a moment confused. ‘1, 2, 3, 4,… 9, 10, where are the other guys?’ Two of the employees were gone. Did they go into the back room while she wasn’t looking?

Shrugging, Claire just smiled before heading in. She wouldn’t let Meriam ruin her day. She’d be the best Daycare lady she could possibly be. As Claire moved to a corner of the room to talk to a couple girls wrestling one another, she didn’t notice the twin pairs of red eyes lingering on her form.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Panting tiredly, Claire sat outside on a bench sitting in front of a small play area full of children. It had only been 4 hours and she was beat. Who knew, kids had this much energy. “M-Maybe they drain it from the adults…” She sighed as she rested tiredly.

As her eyes began to flutter closed she was suddenly drawn out of her nap as she felt a weight fall onto the bench. Rising up, Claire looked to her side as she noticed a familiar face. Sitting on her right was a little blond girl wearing a bright red mini-dress.

Her hair was in pigtails, and she wore bows in her hair. Looking up at Claire, the girl said nothing as she stared into her dark brown eyes. Feeling a weight on her left now, Claire broke away her gaze before blinking in surprise as she felt a wave of Deja vu pass over her.

On her left sat the other half of the blonde girl on her right. She wore the same mini-dress her sister had on, with her hair flowing behind her instead of in pigtails. As the other twin’s eyes watched her own, Claire felt somewhat creeped out by how quiet the twins were… and why they had sat on separate sides of her.

After a short while, Claire licked her lips as she spoke up. “C-Can I help you two?” Looking back and forth at the twins, she shivered. They were different than most kids there age that’s for sure. They seemed more mature, more maintained…

As the silence passed once again it was finally broken by the twin on her right. “Is it true you helped Kat earlier this morning?” Claire’s face went blank for a moment as she stared at the younger girl. “K-Kat…?” “She said you helped her get her cat down from a tree before you came here, is it true?”

Looking to her left now, it dawned on her what the twins had just asked her. “Oh… Kat’s the little girl with orange hair isn’t she?” Receiving a simultaneous nod from both twins, Claire smiled. “Yea it’s true. It was just coincidence I was there though. I’m sure someone else would have helped her if they got there first.”

Both twins looked to one another before they looked back at Claire. “So I’m guessing Kat’s your friend? She’d cute. Her names fitting with those cat ears to.” Claire giggled. The twins remained silent for a moment as they continued to watch Claire closely.

“Is… Is there anything I can do for you two?” It was still technically her break but she didn’t mind helping them if they needed her. As the twins sat in silence, the one in pigtails began to smile at her sister. “I like her Alexis. She’s different than the others.” Nodding, the second twin looked back at Claire before smiling herself.

“She certainly is Sophia. I like her to.” Claire looked back and forth for a moment surprised. “T-Thank you…?” Both twins said nothing else as they got up. “We’ll see you soon, Claire.” Sophia smiled Cheshire, before walking away, hand in hand with her sister.

As Claire watched the two retreating twins she shivered. ‘Sophia and Alexis…’ She knew their names now at least. What strange little girls they were. As she tore her eyes away from the retreating twins she looked down at her watch before sighing. Her break was up, time to go back to work.

As she stood up to leave something strange occurred to her. “How did they know my name…?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire watched happily as different girls began leaving the daycare. It had just turned five and her first day of work was about to end. She just had to finish cleaning the main play room first before she could change and head home.

All and all, today had been wonderful. She helped lots of kids, met some interesting people, and got to see the smiling faces of what had to have been dozens of different children. Sighing contently, she finished putting the toys away which had previously been scattered around.

As she wiped the light sheen of sweat from her brow she watched the last few kids leaving before turning to leave herself. Heading into the changing room, she expected to see it full of people doing the same as her… but it was empty.

All throughout the day she had seen the employee’s seemingly dwindle in number… and now she didn’t see any at all. Scowling, she scratched her head confused. ‘Meriam is strange, but I can’t imagine she’d let her entire staff leave before the children did. Something seemed really off.

Changing out of her work clothes and into her normal ones, she shut the locker she had borrowed for the day before heading out. She’d have to ask someone about it later. As she exited the locker room, she was about to turn and leave before she felt a chilling feeling wash over her.

Looking around, she noticed everyone else was gone… but something told her otherwise. Stepping into the room next to the main one she looked around the large childish indoor playground. Nothing seemed out of place and she didn’t see anyone there either.

Frowning she shrugged. She was probably just imagining things. It had been an exhausting day after all. Turning around, she suddenly dropped her bag as she looked into a twin pair of red eyes. ‘W-when did…’ Sitting on one of the tables, calmly, was none other than Sophia & Alexis.

Both their legs were crossed and their hands rested in their laps as they smiled creepily at her. “Hello Claire. We’re so happy your still here.” Sophia said sweetly before looking to her sister. “Indeed we are. We almost thought you left us without saying goodbye.” Alexis frowned, before her smile returned.

Feeling a sense of foreign dread pass over her, Claire brushed it off. These twins were really weird… putting on the best smile she could, Claire picked up her bag before moving towards the two twins. “And here I thought everyone else had already left. What are you two still doing here? Do you need me to call your mom for you?”

Sophia and Alexis looked to one another before grinning. “There’s no need to call mother, “She’ll know when to come pick us up, ”she always does.” Claire shivered as she looked between the twins, who seemed to know how to finish one another’s sentences.

Both sisters wiggled to the side, clearing a space between them before they patted it together. “Come, why don’t you sit with us Claire?” We would love to have your company for a short while.” Licking her lips once again, Clair looked down at her watch before scowling.

Did it break? The time was set to 5:03 but the hands had stopped moving. She had just bought it to… It was still probably around that time. Nodding to the twins, Claire moved towards the table before sitting on the edge, with her hands propped up behind her. She didn’t mind waiting with them till there mom showed up.

“S-Sure, I don’t mind waiting with you guys.” She chuckled quietly before rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. Silence passed over them as both sisters looked up at Claire quietly, almost like they were studying her.

Drumming her fingers lightly, the silence soon grew too much for her. “S-So… how long have you two been coming here…?” Sophia leaned up before kicking her feet back and forth. “Eleven months, and 17 days.”

Claire’s eyes widened slightly at the specific answer. She hadn’t been expecting such a, precise one. “W-well isn’t that, neat… I guess you must like it here if you’ve been here for… Eleven months?” Mimicking her sister, Alexis moved her feet over before kicking them slowly.

“It wasn’t always nice… we needed to fix it first.” Claire’s brow rose slightly. “Fix? W-What do you mean, were there some kind issues before you two showed up?” the question she should have asked however was what Alexis meant by fixed.

Sophia nodded as she looked upwards in remembrance. “Boys were allowed here before. There mean. Now they don’t come here anymore.” Claire nodded having noticed that as well. “I guess this is an all-girls Daycare then, funny that was never mentioned.”

The twins gave one another a knowing look before they pulled their legs back up to sit properly. “The lady in charge didn’t care if we fought. She didn’t care for us either.” Alexis whispered bitterly, surprising her by such a spiteful tone. She had never heard one from a child… or even an adult for that matter, it was venomous.

“All adults are the same…” Sophia whispered quietly, just faintly enough for Claire to hear. “W-Wait, you can’t mean that.” Both twins looked up at her with serious expressions. “There all different… there not like us.” Alexis whispered just as faintly back.

“Like… us?” Both twins nodded. “Kids are different, we do things differently, see things differently. ”We act differently, and we’re not hiding are true feelings from others. ”If we don’t like something we don’t hide it.” And if we don’t like someone, we tell them…”

Claire shivered as she listened to the surprisingly complex speech patterns of the two little girls on either side of her. She knew these two were strange when she first met them but this… this was just getting weird.

“W-What about me… You don’t think I don’t like you two do you…?” Both sisters looked up before smiling warmly. “You’re different than those other adults…” “Special, not from here.”, “You’re not from this city, “Not this state either. Where are you from?”

Scrunching her fingers, Clair looked away for a moment. How did they know she wasn’t from around here? Was she that obvious? Or were the people in this city really all as bad as these two seemed to think they were?

“I-I’m… I’m not from here, yea…” Claire whispered back as her mind raced a mile a minute. As the two twins watched her, there expressions saddened. “Sorry… that looked bad, “We know the feeling, ”Our dad was the same to us.”

Claire jumped at the words. There was no way they could have known what her dad had done to drive her away. This was starting to get spooky now. “M-M-Maybe I s-should go get a p-phone to call-“Our mother will know when to get us, “Well tell her when its time.”

Claire continued to shiver in fear. She felt helpless. Somehow these two little girls were actually intimidating her… and she had no idea why. Moving to stand up, Claire let out a quiet eep as her arms were clung onto.

“Don’t leave, why are you scared of us? ”They always act like this to us, why?” Claire looked at the hurt expressions the twins wore before sighing. ‘I’m… I’m being paranoid…’ Relaxing her features, Claire gave them both a sheepish smile.

“I’m not scared of you two… I guess you just caught me off guard…” Claire chuckled dryly. “Your both so mature for your age, it’s shocking really. I’ve never met any kids like you two.” Sophia and Alexis looked to one another before looking back.

“There are none like us.” Sophia whispered quietly as she continued to hug Claire’s arm. “We’re different than others like us; they don’t have the control we do.” Feeling the sense of dread from before coming back, Claire tried to move but her body felt… frozen.

As she tried to struggle she felt panic set in. she couldn’t move. Both twins looked up at her before sighing simultaneously. “Don’t struggle, you said you don’t fear us, “So please, just relax and we won’t have to hurt you.”

Feeling her eyes beginning to flutter closed, she was about to fall backwards until two pairs of hands lowered her gently onto the table. “You are different…” Sophia began. “But your still and adult.” Alexis finished quietly.

“We’ll soon find out, maybe your like mother…” As Claire’s consciousness left her, Sophia sat next to her. “Should I make her the same as the others?” Sitting next to her sister, Alexis shook her head. “Make her a little bigger. We need her to be different than the others.” Nodding, Sophia raised her hands over Claire’s sleeping form.

Things were about to change… For better or worse, neither twin could say. But they were about to find out if Claire had been the one they’d been looking for…

 

 

End Notes:

Please, tell me if you would like to see things you don't see often. I plan on making this very dark at times, so be as open as you wish with me.

Welcome to the Club by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

I'm happy to see such good reviews. I was worried there would be someone who didn't like it. For the person who asked me what Claire looks like, i apologize for not giving a better discription.

Claire is 18 years old. She has light brown hair, and B-Cup breasts. She has dark brown eyes and a light skin tone. Her clothes she wore into the Daycare were a pair of light blue jeans and a white t-shirt. While she was working she had on roughly the same thing, but instead of a white T-shirt it had on the Daycare's logo, which is a heart with their name on it.

I hope thats a better discription of her for you Simpson3k

Enjoy the chapter.

“Pretty lady!”

“You’re keeping one as a pet? Oh and she’s cute to, I’m so jealous.”

She doesn’t look that tough to me, what kind of a pet would she make?”

The better question is why your even bothering to keep such a useless insect, I thought you were both better than this.”

 

Claire’s eyes slowly began to flutter open as different voices rang above her. Rubbing her head, she groaned tiredly before leaning up. “37 minutes, and 24 seconds. That’s a new record Alexis. ”Yet more proof she’s special. The longest any of the others ever awoke was over and hour.”

As Claire’s vision slowly became clearer, she soon wished it hadn’t. Freezing up like a deer in the headlights her breath hitched at the site in front of her, or more above her. Standing over her in a perfect circle were six children.

What petrified her however, was their size! All around her was a flat plain, but towering over it, each child looked like perpetual skyscrapers! Time seemed to slow as Claire scanned each of them. She had never felt such fear or helplessness before but… she was mesmerized as well.

The first one she recognized. It was the little girl she had met earlier in the day. Her bright orange hair and matching cat ears was a reminder if she ever saw one. She wore a light white dress with frills around the neck and shoulders. However, something that hadn’t been there before was… a cat tail?

Blinking, Claire tried to rationalize what she was looking at. Behind the little girl swung a bright orange cat tail. ‘T-That’s I-Impossible…’ Knowing her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her, she chose to just accept it and move on…

As her eyes darted to the next girl she was an odd site as well. Smiling down at her cheerfully was a little girl no older than 5 or 6, her bright cerulean eyes observing her. She wore a long white hoodie with a golden circle right beneath the strings used to pull it tighter. On top of the hoodie was a smiling rabbit face along with two white floppy ears. As noticeable as the hoodie was however, her bright pink hair beneath it was what attracted her attention first. It wasn’t natural, even for hair dye.

As her eyes moved on, Claire shivered as she saw the predatory eyes she was being given by the next girl. Her emerald eyes watched her with what she could only guess was…hunger? The little brunette looked a bit older than the other two, most likely 6 or maybe 7? She couldn’t say.

She wore a red jacket zipped half way up revealing a light white shirt beneath it. Being a bit taller, she could see past the girls waist somewhat. It looked like she wore a pair of jeans, or at least jean shorts. Still rather odd considering what she had seen most of the kids dressed like.

As she watched the girl licking her lips, Claire chose to look onto the next. As her eyes traveled to the next child, Claire viably flinched by the glare she was being given. The little girl scowling over her looked to be 5 as well.  Her eyes however scared her senseless. They were a dark ashen. With her black irises right in the center, her glare seemed to intensify.

Once again she was much different than the others. She had a very royal look to her. She wore a light white blouse, along with what appeared to be a black mini-dress beneath it. The golden buttons on the outside of the blouse furthered her appearance of royalty in Claire’s opinion. Resting below her frilled white collar was a light black neck cut away, which seemed to fit with the dress’s color beneath, it, might have been a part of it actually.

As her eyes traveled a little higher back towards her imposing face, she looked her over, growing more and more uneasy by the second. Her hair was jet black, with her bangs cut in the front, giving her more length in the back. The only noticeable difference from her entire outfit was a dark, red rose on the left side of her hair.

Noticing the shrunken girl’s eyes lingering a tad too long on her, the black haired child bared her teeth, making Claire jump. Looking away quickly, her eyes landed on the last two children, the ones she knew quite well.

Standing hand in hand, right next to one another was Sophia & Alexis, who seemed rather happy with her for some reason. As her brown eyes stared into the twins red ones, the silence was soon broken by Alexis.

“We’re glad you’re awake Claire. Our friends were getting impatient. You picked a good time to wake.” With her mind working a mile a minute, Claire tried to speak but it was like her mouth refused to open. She couldn’t say a thing; she was just completely and utterly speechless by what she was looking at.

“We can answer that for you.” Alexis smirked confusing Claire slightly. “You wanted to know what’s going on, why you’re here, and why we’re big.” Sophia answered startling her. Those were the most prominent questions on her mind.

“A real genius you have here. Why are you even bothering with her she’s just another bug?” Turning back, Claire watched in fear as she noticed the angry expression the black haired child wore. “Why don’t we just do to her what we do with the rest?

As she reached for Claire, the brunette scampered back in fear before two pairs of hands grabbed the girl’s wrist. “You will not touch her Lily, ”She is ours and no one else’s, do we make ourselves clear?” Sophia and Alexis both interjected with matching glares.

As a light bead of sweat traveled down the child now known as Lily’s brow, she tugged her hand back before looking away. “Whatever… Go ahead and waste your time then, your both going to just get bored of her like you two always do.”

“Hi pretty lady, do you remember Kat?” Blinking in confusion, Claire’s eyes traveled to the orange haired girl before she nodded slowly. The girls smile grew as she happily watched her. “Kat was surprised to see you shrunk like all the others, you were nice to Kat.”

Feeling something click in her mind Claire looked around quickly at all the little girls before it dawned on her. Looking down at the flat plain she was on she soon figured it out. “I… I s-shrunk…?” Lily clapped slowly in a mocking manner before receiving another round of Glares from Alexis and Sophia.

“You are indeed. Sophia shrank you earlier. You seem rather well composed as well, how strange.” Alexis muttered the last part intrigued before looking to her sister. Nodding, Sophia lowered her hand in front of Claire.

‘Get on,’ Blinking, Claire looked around for a moment before her eyes traveled up to the blond currently presenting her palm. ‘D-D-Did, did she just…’ Claire gasped as she saw Sophia nodding slowly. With fear and curiosity driving her, Claire slowly crawled to her knees before climbing on the open hand.

She should have screamed, should have ran. She should have done something! But… there was a pestering feeling telling her to do as she was told… As she scooted backwards in the center of her hand, Sophia lifted her up slowly, calmingly.

Moving her hand forward, Sophia presented her to Kat before Alexis spoke up. “Kat, this is Claire. You already met her earlier, but this is a bit more formal.” The orange haired girl smiled gleefully before waving to her with excitement.

“Nice to meet you nice lady!” She giggled. Moving her hand once more, Claire rested in front of the pink haired child who seemed genuinely pleased to see her. “Hello Claire, my names May. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She waved calmly before cupping her hands together.

“Sophia was right, you do seem special.” Blushing faintly by the foreign praise, Claire nodded slowly. It seemed to make May happy. Moving her hand onward, Sophia presented her before the tougher looking brunette from before.

“What’s up? My names Kia.” She smiled, before giving her a quick wave. Now with a better look at the girl, Claire could tell something else about her. Her skin tone was a darker shade then the others. She couldn’t quite place what ethnicity it was though. As she continued to inspect Kai, something caught her attention, or more her sense of smell.

Cringing slightly, Claire wrinkled her nose. Noticing the reaction most people gave her, Kai grinned. “I’ll take that as a compliment.” Unsure of how to respond, Claire chose to say nothing. There was some kind of pungent spell emitting from the child, it was almost like she hadn’t been bathed before… it was disgusting really…

As Sophia’s hand moved over to the last girl, it was pulled a bit further back then it had been with the others. As Claire was presented before the little black haired child, her scowl was still present, and growing. “Why would I bother introducing myself to this bug? It’s a waste of time.”

Feeling a slight tick forming at her brow Claire stood up before thrusting her hand forward. “My… My name is Claire, not bug. I-It’s nice to meet you…” She had no clue what prompted her to do that, or if it was even smart to be so bold in front of the violent looking child, but the dark haired girls glare lessened, if only slightly.

“A cocky little bug isn’t she? Fine I’ll humor you. I am Lily Delacroix, but you may call me Goddess.” Her tone was haughty to say the least. She may have looked 5 but her appearance, stature, and language made her seem much older. In fact all the kids seemed rather intelligent for their ages. Something was seriously off.

“We usually just call her Lilith.” Kai whispered, causing May and Kat to giggle quietly. “Quit calling me that!” Lily snapped angrily before her glare returned. Crossing her arms, it was apparent whatever remark she could make to Lily wouldn’t do her any good.

Stumbling slightly as Sophia moved her hand backwards, Claire looked up as she was presented before both twins. “I know we never really introduced ourselves formally either. She is Sophia Artiste,” Alexis started. “And she is Alexis Artiste,” Sophia finished.

As both twins bowed their heads lightly they smiled simultaneously before Sophia lowered her hand back to the table below. As she was set down, Claire got off slowly, knowing introductions were now finished. As the little brunette stood there, she still tried to piece together what was going on.

‘I still don’t understand… why did they shrink me?’ “I shrank you because we wanted you.” Sophia responded, startling her further. ‘B-But… how did she-‘, “Know what you were about to ask?” Alexis responded with a slight smirk.

Both Sophia and Alexis looked together before smiling. “We’re different Claire, so very different.” Alexis grinned further. Glancing quickly to the other girls, Claire tried to see their reactions. Was she the only one hearing their voices?

“We can talk allowed,” ‘Or we can speak to you directly in your mind if we so choose.’ Taking a slight step back, Claire shivered in fear. Both Sophia and Alexis frowned as they continued to watch her. “You’re scared of us,” “and you fear us to…” As both their heads hung low for a moment they looked to the other girls.

“Can you honestly blame her? I’d be scared to if I was her height.” May giggled before looking towards Kat. “It’s ok pretty lady, Sophie and Alex won’t hurt you. They like you.” She chirped before receiving a slight scowl from the blond twins.

“Why they do is still a mystery to me,” Lily sighed before shaking her head. “I’m kind of with Lilith here, she doesn’t seem all that special to me. I guess maybe a little braver then I gave her credit for but still, an adult’s still an adult.” Kai shrugged.

Both Sophia and Alexis nodded slowly before their eyes lingered on Claire. Feeling all the attention her now, the shrunken brunette looked up into their eyes before feeling a sense of ease wash over her. It wasn’t like before, now… she felt somewhat calmer about whatever was happening to her.

Alexis’s indifferent expression soon shifted before Sophia’s followed as well. ‘We knew you were different. Perhaps we weren’t wrong after all.’ Claire shivered slightly as she continued to hear the child’s voice in her mind. No matter how many times she did it, it still startled her to hear voices in her head… for good reason really.

Looking back at her sister, Sophia nodded before both their hands moved to either side of Claire. “Alright friends. I know you’ve been waiting all summer for this, so please get ready. The fun is about to begin.” Sophia said cheerfully before she and her sister guided Claire backwards towards them.

As she stood near the edge of the table she was on, she couldn’t help but look down. As she gazed upon the ground below a sense of dread filled her. A fall like that would kill her for sure! Did these kids plan on knocking her off?!

Feeling both Alexis’s and Sophia’s hands move around her she jumped slightly before she felt her body being rubbed back and forth. ‘Do not fear us Claire, we already told you we won’t hurt you if you listen.’ Looking up at Alexis, she nodded slightly before they nodded to the center of the table.

It seemed they wanted to give her a better view of something…  As Alexis continued to pet her, Claire watched curiously as Sophia bent over. As she heard a shuffling on the floor, she watched the blond counterpart pull up a small backpack before placing it in the center of the table.

All the girls present grinned as they watched their friend open it. “Man I’ve been waiting for this; I thought summer was never going to end.” Kai chuckled darkly as her fingers drummed on the table. “I have to agree, my last pet died the first week into summer vacation, and I was so alone without him,” May whimper sadly.

‘What’s… what’s going on…?’ Smirking Alexis nodded to her sister as she unzipped the backpack. Without warning, she quickly grabbed the bottom of it before turning it abruptly. Hearing a light thump, Claire tried to look at what fell out but she couldn’t see anything over the red coverings of the backpack.

‘This is a gift to our friends, and a gift to you Claire.’ Looking back up at Alexis’s grinning face, her eyes slowly moved back to the backpack as Sophia lifted it away. Gasping in horror, she stared at the shocking sight in front of her uncomprehending.

Resting in the center of the table, were twelve naked people who looked even smaller than her. As her eyes scanned them all over Claire cupped her mouth in horror. It was the twelve workers at the Daycare. The ones that had gone missing throughout the day… It was them.

Shaking her head in bewilderment, she soon felt the gentle petting from before continue. ‘These things you call adults… they are nothing. They boss us around, they try to force us to do things we don’t want to do. Do you know what that’s called Claire? Slavery!’

The shrunken brunette continued to cup her mouth as she hyperventilated. Why were they all so small? Why were they smaller then her? Why were they all naked?! So many questions ran through her mind, and the gentle giggles echoing in her mind did little to calm her already conflicted thoughts.

‘P-P-People… these are all people… I worked with them all, a-and you… you shrank them…?’, “Yes.” Sophia whispered just quiet enough for Claire to make out. It seemed the other four girls didn’t notice though as their eyes lingered on the shrunken mess in front of them.

‘W-Why…’ Feeling the gentle petting on her back cease, Claire tore her gaze away for a moment before looking up at the twin pairs of eyes focused on her. ‘You will learn in time that this is our way of balancing out society. We make things the way they should be Claire, and you should be honored to be witness to it… and not a part of it.’

Knowing a subtle threat when she heard one, Claire looked down as she tried to make sense of this. These weren’t kids, they couldn’t be. They were acting so… so… she didn’t even know. This was beyond her comprehension.

Feeling Sophia’s fingers pressing on her lightly, Claire stumbled forward before falling to her knees. Looking up she cupped her mouth again as she watched the twelve people beginning to wake up. One by one screams of horror rang through the air as they stared up at the excited faces of the gigantic girls.

Each new screaming voice seemed to fuel the children’s expressions. Joy, happiness, anger… something else she couldn’t quite figure out… These weren’t the expressions of innocent children. She knew, here and now, that these were wolves in sheep’s clothing.

They weren’t children… they were monsters. Feeling the light petting from before return, Claire craned her neck disturbed, only to see the smirking faces of Sophia and Alexis. “This is our gift to everyone; we hope you accept it to Claire. They all did.” Looking up at the other for girls, nearly foaming at the mouth at the sight of the shrunken, terrified people she shook her head.

‘Just sit back… and enjoy.’

End Notes:

I know it might seem slow at the moment, but next chapter i plan showing you what each girl loves doing to shrunken *insects* individually. Each one has different likes of their own, some not as nice as others.

Enjoy!

 

Let The Games Begin by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Alright, for this chapter, i wanted to give you a slight look into each girl. i know you guys probably have been waiting awile to see what they do, so i do hope you all enjoy.

Claire watched in silent horror as the colossal children above her divvied up the shrunken people evenly amongst one another until each of them had 2 of their own. This went on for a short while; all the while they traded them back and forth for others they liked more. It was like some kind of sick game to them!

They didn’t see people; it was like they were trading toys. After everything was divided properly, Sophia raised her hands. Instantly all twelve of the struggling, screaming individuals she had shrunk seemingly froze in place.

As much as it scared her to look, Claire observed them closely in surprise, they all just… stopped. Twitching her fingers, the other girls giggled as they watched the shrunken daycare workers kneel down before them.

‘I-Is… Is she controlling them…?’ It was like they were puppets being controlled by her inviable marionette strings. After they were all in position how Sophia liked, both twins grinned before looking to their friends.

“Alright, who would like to begin?” Immediately, all for girls began chattering amongst one another before Alexis’s hand rose silencing them all. Whatever hierarchy they had… Sophia and Alexis ruled. What they said seemed to go.

Looking down, Sophia smiled darkly before giving you a slight nudge forward attracting the others attention. “Claire, you get to pick.” Looking up at the blond puzzled, her silent question was soon answered as Alexis pointed to the shrunken people.

“N-No… you can’t mean…” Crossing her arms, Claire shook her head. Did they want her to pick one of them? The better question was what she wanted her to pick them for. Alexis and Sophia scowled at Claire before the latter’s hand moved towards her.

Feeling her body go stiff, Claire grunted in discomfort as her hands suddenly shot down to her side as she went rigid. ‘W-W-What’s, w-what’s happening t-to me?!’ Struggling against her invisible bonds she could do little more than whimper. She was bound.

‘Do not defy us Claire, we like you for now… that can change if your uncooperative. Now pick, or else you’ll make us angry.’ Clenching her eyes shut, Claire gasped as her body was suddenly freed, causing her to stumble slightly as she tried to regain her bearings.

Shivering, Claire looked up with tear filled eyes but the blond twins showed her no sympathy in their own. ‘Pick one…’ Raising her hand slowly, Claire closed her eyes before pointing in a random direction. Hearing a giggle of glee she peeked open one of her eyes to see who she just condemned.

Kneeling in front of Kat was a small dark haired man who seemed to be fidgeting violently. Was he trying to fight free from Sophia’s control? Giggling with Glee, Kat’s orange tail swung back and forth happily as she eyes the shrunken man in front of her.

“Thank you pretty lady! I’ll make this one special for you.” She grinned before licking her lips. Looking up to the twins, they both nodded before Kat lowered her head to the table. As her chin rested in front of the kneeling man, Kat continued to giggle before her mouth opened.

Claire watched in confusion as the little girls pink appendage slowly exited its cavity before resting in front of her. ‘I-Is… Is she doing what I think she is..?’ Cupping her mouth in horror, Claire was about to scream but her mouth was fastened tightly shut.

‘Just observe, there’s no need to ruin the fun.’ The fidgeting man watched it terror as his body slowly began to rise. As his leg moved forward, the other soon followed, then again, and again. Slowly he continued to walk until he stood before Kat’s open mouth.

“You don’t like children; you just applied here for an easy job. Kids are mindless; you could just slack off and do nothing and get paid for it. It’s not like the kids would rat on you…” Alexis whispered bitterly. “I hate adults like you.”

Claire looked up at Alexis confused, what was she talking about?! She had seen this man working earlier. He was with some kids… and… As Claire’s mind went over where she saw him, she recalled him sitting at a table with some kids… he wasn’t doing anything though.

‘N-No… no one would try work here just too ignore the children…’ Feeling her head jerked upwards she looked into Alexis’s red eyes as she slowly nodded. As her head was forced back she couldn’t move it once again. She couldn’t even blink.

She was being forced to watch what was about to happen. As the mans stepped onto Kat’s tongue, the little orange haired neko child purred happily before her tongue pulled its way back into her mouth, carrying the tiny man along with it.

With a much better comparison of their height Claire had to guess they were about an inch each to each of the children… that made her about three inches in total. Shivering at that realization she continued to watch in shameful curiosity.

Kat moaned happily as her tongue moved back and forth over the man’s body. He still remained motionless however to her oral assault. After about a minute, Kat finally stopped before resting the man on his stomach, his arms hanging out just past her teeth.

“Kat, you may do with him as you wish.” Like a switch being flipped, Claire’s eyes widened in shock as she saw the carefree expression the little girl wore shift into a cruel one full of malice! Slamming her teeth shut, Kat bit clean through the man’s arms, letting the severed hands fall out of her lips and onto the table in front of the remaining man still kneeling there.

Feeling her stomach lurch, Claire gagged in her mouth at the horrific sight she just witnessed. Feeling her body go limp, minus her mouth still shut tight, the shrunken girls hands went up to her mouth to cover it. She was going to be sick!

As Kat continued to purr, she opened her mouth back up before showing each of the girls around her. Their own expressions shifting to amusement or happiness. After she had shown each of them she gave Claire a wink before tilting her head back.

Sophia twitched her pinky finger before a tiny scream rang out from insides Kat’s mouth. Apparently the control she put over him was no longer there. Shuttering at the bloodcurdling scream, the brunette shook her head. This couldn’t be happening.

As Kat tilted her head all the way, she let out a loud gulp as she swallowed what she presumed to be the rest of the screaming man. Claire watched in disgust, (and slight fascination) as a small lump traveled down the girls throat.

Purring louder (a sound Claire could only describe an actual cat making), the orange haired girl licked her lips before resting her chin back on the table with a content smile on her face. As her tongue moved back out from her mouth, it quickly licked up the two severed hands still remaining before withdrawing back into its chasm.

Feeling her body completely under her control once more, Claire coughed as she felt her stomach’s contents about to come out. Falling to her knee’s she cupped her mouth as she continued to cough. This was… they were… she didn’t have words to describe this…

Sophia and Alexis smiled at one another as their hands came up around Claire. Feeling the gentle draping of their fingers on her, the brunette wanted to thrash and not be touched by… by these monsters!... but, she felt some solace of comfort from them.

Shivering as tears fell from her eyes she clenched them shut as she cried softly. She couldn’t fathom how they could treat another living person like they just had. ‘They’re not people Claire, that’s what we’re trying to show you.’

Looking up with angry eyes, Claire was about to scream at them before her body went stiff again. Twitching her pinky, Sophia smirked as Claire’s arm shot up before pointing at a kneeling man in front of the pink haired child, May.

Blinking in surprise, the bunny eared girl smiled cheerfully before bowing her head humbly. “Thank you for letting me have my turn Claire, you’re to kind.” She smiled warmly before looking down between her two shrunken men.

The one Claire was currently pointing at had dark black hair buzz cut. As May inspected him, her cheeks dusted red before she cheerfully picked him up. “Hello there little one, your even cuter then my last pet.” She cooed before looking at Sophia and Alexis with hope.

“I… I know you want us to punish adult but… c-can I keep this one, pretty please!” she cried desperately as her hands tightened around the man. Claire looked up at May somewhat startled. Did she see him as some kind of… pet?

Both twins looked to one another before whispering in each other’s ears quietly. It was all for show really, they didn’t need to speak to each other to know what the other was thinking. Smirking, Sophia nodded before pointing to a light pink backpack behind the girl.

“Go ahead May, we know how much you love your pets. Make sure to take good care of him.” May’s face lit up with excitement as she set the little man down. “A-Alright I’ll put him away right now so we can get back to our-“Before May could reach for her pack however her foot skid slightly causing her to stumble backwards.

Twitching her hand to the left, Sophia smiled darkly as the man threw himself underneath May’s falling form. As the man’s body was released, he looked up in terror before screaming as the child’s colossal hand slammed into him.

Blinking in confusion, May pushed herself up before looking back. She felt something pop… As her eyes landed on the red smear on the table, her eyes began to water. “N-No… not again…” Covering her mouth in sadness, the other girls giggled with delight.

“Our resident ditz strikes again.” Kai shook her head amused as she watched May sink to her knees in despair. “W-W-why do… why do they always break!” She whimpered quietly as she continued to wipe her lingering tears away.

Feeling a comforting hand on her shoulder she looked up, before sniffling as she tried to compose herself. “It’s alright May, there’s plenty more… pets for you to take care of.” Alexis smiled darkly as she rubbed May’s shoulder.

Claire’s mouth hung agape as she looked at each of the girls present. Was this some kind of common occurrence for the pink haired child?! She just killed a man! Hearing a light chuckle in her mind, the brunette looked up at Alexis who only smirked back at her.

‘She’s a kind hearted soul. No matter how much we try to convince her otherwise, she just hates torturing these… insects...’ The last word had more venom in it then she could have imagined. For whatever reason, the twins seemed to especially hate adult… did they hate her this much to…?

As May’s sniffles and tears died down, she stood back up before regaining her cheerful composure. As her eyes landed on Claire she smiled sadly before bowing her head. “Sorry, I guess I couldn’t show you what I do with my pets like I planned to. Maybe next time…”

Claire just stared up as May in silence. She seemed genuinely saddened by the loss of the man but… she still saw him as some kind of a pet… Felling a light poke on her back, Sophia looked down at her before her eyes darted to May.

‘It’s fine May, show me some other time…’ “I-It’s fine May… show me, show me some other time…” Claire muttered quietly as she watched Sophia smile at her. Looking back at the pink haired Child, her expression turned to one of joy as she nodded.

“I’d like that very much.” Bowing her head she cupped her hands as she waited for her to pick someone else. ‘This… This is so wrong…’ Feeling her hand beginning to rise, Claire jerked it forward; however it had its unintended effect as Kai cheered happily.

“Sweet, it’s finally my turn!” She pumped her fist with glee before looking down at her two shrunken tinies. One was a guy in what looked like his forties and the other a female, who appeared to be just a few years older than Claire, herself.

As the dark skinned girls eyes darted back and forth she tapped her chin in thought. “Do you care which one? Or do you want me to pick?” Feeling another poke, Claire looked down sadly before shaking her head. Shrugging, Kai just smiled before flicking the female over.

“I’ll take the blondie.” The woman in question suddenly crawled to her knees screaming. It seemed Sophia didn’t care about her moving, what was different about her though? As the woman attempted to run away she was knocked forward by Kai as the little brunette smirked in amusement.

“Oh don’t get up on my part, I have big plans for you. I’ve been saving this up for over two weeks.” As the woman cried in pain from the painful strike (flick) she just received, she tried to crawl backwards but she didn’t get very far.

Claire watched in pity as the woman attempted to get away from the girl. ‘S-She… she’s in pain, and they don’t care in the slightest…’ Feeling the gentle petting from before, Alexis cupped her gently as she watched Kai removing her red jacket.

‘Do you know what she did?’ Looking up at Alexis, Claire shook her head confused. ‘She didn’t care about us to begin with. Her roommate threatened to kick her out if she didn’t find work. All she did was sit around and play with her phone today. That’s kind of insulting don’t you think?’

Claire looked up between the twins shocked. Ignoring them?! That was her great crime! As Claire looked back at the crying blond she shook her head. “S-she… She doesn’t deserve this…” ‘ALL ADULTS DESERVE THIS!’ Clutching her ears in pain, Claire shook her head as she heard the unison scream in her mind.

As Sophia and Alexis continued to pet her she continued to look down in shame. This was just wrong. How long had these kids been doing this, were these the first people they ever shrank and… and killed? Or had this been going on longer, much longer then she could even imagine?

‘If… If I hadn’t helped Kat this morning… would I have wound up like this to…?’ The thought terrified her. Could one simple mistake have put her in front of these judgmental monsters?! Feeling her head being forced upwards, Claire looked up at Kai as she finally removed her jacket.

As she looked at the white tank top the girl had on underneath, she noticed the others take a slight step back from her. Lily took the largest step away however and even wrinkled her nose in disgust. “I can’t stand it when you do this Kai, your completely repulsive like this!”

Taking no offence to her words what so ever, Kai just smirked before sticking her tongue out. “Jealous Lilith?”, “LIKE I WOULD EVER BE!” Gritting her teeth for being called out, along with her bothersome nickname, Lily turned away before humphing.

“J-Just hurry up, I want my turn next!” Grinning further, Kai nodded as she reached down for the crying blond, who was still attempting to crawl away. Claire watched with worry as the dark skinned child lifted her up, her screams only intensifying the higher she rose.

Once she was in front of her, the brunette smirked evilly before raising her other arm up. “Say, tell me how this smells alright?” Before the blond could even wonder what she meant she was suddenly thrust forward before the dark skinned girl pressed her into her bare armpit.

Cupping her mouth in surprise, Claire almost saw humor in the childish action. If she wasn’t torturing her… she might have even laughed at the sight. Shaking her head in shock she heard wild giggling in her mind. Looking up at Sophia and Alexis she blinked in surprise.

Both blonds shook as their lips twitched upwards. It looked like they were really trying hard not to laugh. Hearing a loud cry of laughter, Claire looked at the other girls before understanding why. Kat was clutching her stomach, laughing hysterically while May was giggling to herself.

The only who didn’t seemed slightly amused by Kai’s actions was Lily who still had her back turned to her. Kai grinned as she continued to rub the girl’s body up and down her armpit. “Do you like it? I haven’t showered in a couple weeks so there better be a good sweat.

Sniffing the air loudly, Kai laughed herself before shaking her head. “Whoa, I really outdid myself this time; this is painful even for me.” She chuckled darkly before moving her hand back as she closed her armpit around the blond girl.

“Alright, anyone want to place their bets now?” Looking up at the girl confused, Claire wondered what she meant before she noticed both Kat and May jumping with excitement. “Kat bets her last tiny, it’s going to be over a minute this time!” Kat cheered with glee.

Smiling herself, May shook her head. “I think it will be under a minute, she was rubbing her around after all. I bet my cutie to.” Kai’s grin spread as she looked over at the blond twins. “Come on, you know you want to, what’s your bets this time.”

Looking back up at Sophia and Alexis, Claire’s eyes widened. They looked really excited. In fact this is the only time she had ever seen any real emotions on their faces other than amusement or hatred. As they counted their fingers for a moment, Sophia looked to Alexis before nodding.

“We bet under and that she’s unconscious. Two.” Moving her hand away from Claire, Alexis pushed two of the shrunken males forward to the center of the table before her hand moved back around Claire. ‘There gambling… their actually, gambling…’ Claire shook her head in utter disbelief.

She knew these children were intelligent little monsters but… they were actually placing bets…? Kai grinned before looking to Lily. “Come on Lilith, where’s yours?” Shaking her head, the raven haired girl crossed her arms.

“You’re all acting children… I am not going to be a part of this.” She humphed once more before looking away. “Last time I checked we are children,” Kai sighed before moving her right arm over the table. “Alright people now that the bets are in place, three… two… one… count!”

As the dark skinned girl raised her arm it became apparent to her what they had all been betting on. Stuck to the brunettes armpit was the blond. It seemed the sweat and tight pressure was enough to plaster her there.

Once again, Claire had to stifle a laugh at the cruel sight. Why did she find this so funny, it was horrible! As Kai counted aloud she watched Kat and May shouting at the unmoving blond. It seemed this was a serious thing for them. They all looked really excited about it.

“Thirty three, thirty four, thirty fi-“ Suddenly Kai stopped counting as the blonds form began to move. Claire watched in curiosity now as they all watched with baited breath. Suddenly the plastered girl’s naked form fell off before plummeting to the table with a loud cracking noise.

Cupping her mouth in horror, Claire looked on at the girl in pity. A fall like that had to have been at least three stories, was she alright? All faces turned to Kai who grinned at them back. “FORTY SIX SECONDS AND!” Giving the blonds body a poke, it didn’t respond.

“Unconscious!” Both twins smirked while May jumped in the air happily. “Nooooo why blondie, why!” Kat cried before hanging her head in dismay. As her last kneeling person was taken away from her by May, she whimpered sadly.

Sophia in turn looked to her sister before sighing. Moving her hand away from Claire for a moment, she gave one of the kneeling men closest to her a hard flick sending him tumbling over to Kat. As the child neko looked up at the twins in awe they both nodded, causing her to scream with glee.

“Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you!” She laughed with excitement before nudging her man back into the kneeling position she liked. All the while this was going on Claire kept her eyes focused on the blonde woman. Was she still alive…?

Alexis looked down at the blond as well before nodding her head. “Kai, do something with it.” Sighing, the dark skin girl reached for the blond before lifting her limp body up between her thumb and index finger.

“Man, these things get more and more durable every time. Not that I’m complaining though.” She shrugged before moving her hand behind her. Claire tried to see what happened but she could do little more than guess as Kai’s hands moved back to the table without the blond in hand.

‘D-Did… did she out her in her pocket…?’ Hearing a dark chuckle in her mind, she looked up at Alexis who only smirked with a knowing smile. ‘Kai doesn’t have any pockets.’ Gawking at the implication she looked back at the little brunette who seemed to notice her attention.

Winking at Claire she gave a light wave before directing her attention to the last little girl present. “Lily, it’s your turn now.” Sophia whispered quietly, before her hand grabbed Claire a bit tighter. Alexis in turn did the same, startling the little brunette. Were they going to do something to her now?!

Feeling the gentle petting from before, Claire calmed slightly as best she could under the tragic situation she found herself a part of. As Lily turned back to the others, her cruel eyes landed on Claire making her flinch.

“Alright bug, pick one.” Lily grit her teeth as Claire remained silent. “I said pick one!” clenching her eyes shut, Claire shook her head before Alexis moved her free hand forward. “She picks that one.” Claire’s eyes shot open in shock as she saw a man in his thirties kneeling down in front of Lily.

She hadn’t picked him, what was going on! Feeling her mouth forcibly shut once more, she looked up at the twins but saw a worried expression on their faces. Were… were they scared of Lily? No it wasn’t fear for themselves… it was something else.

Looking down at the shrunken man still kneeling motionlessly, the raven haired girl gave him a soured expression. “Useless bug…” Moving her hand downward she stopped half way before moving towards the other shrunken man in front of her.

Claire shivered as she watched the little girl pushing the man towards the other one till they were facing each other like chess pieces. Once she had them how she wanted, her dark ashen eyes traveled back to the first man she had directed her distaste for.

“I hate all bugs… especially ones like you…” She whispered with clear hatred towards the man. For whatever reason, Claire had no clue, but it seemed like Lily genuinely hated him and him alone. As her hand moved over the man she pushed her index finger out before resting it on his head.

Directing her eyes back to Claire she smiled darkly. “Their weak…” Gasping, the little brunette watched as she man’s neck was shoved downward an inch. “Their useless…” Once again, Lily shoved him closer into the table.

“Their arrogant… Greedy… Pathetic!” Cupping her mouth, Claire could only watch in silent horror as the child continued shoving the man’s face into the hard table. Rotating her finger back and forth over the man’s head, Lily tsked before shoving her digit all the way down, eliciting a slight scream from Claire if her mouth hadn’t been fastened shut by the twins.

‘S-S-She… s-she just crashed his…’ As tears fell down her cheeks she watched in abhorrence as Lily simply looked at the bloody smear on her finger before wiping it off on the table in front of the still kneeling man, who had just gotten a front row seat to the whole ordeal.

Directing her careless eyes towards Sophia she pointed down at the remaining man. “Let it move.” Raising her brow curiously, the blond girl nodded as her fingers twitched slightly. Falling forward the sweating man gasped before coughing violently. Apparently the sight had bothered him,  as much as it had Claire.

Looking up in fear, the man began to cry and whimper as he was looked down upon with hatred by the child. “Did you enjoy watching that bug get squished? No? Well, unless you want to follow in his footsteps you better listen to me from now on.” Lily whispered solemnly.

Nodding quickly the man shouted something, Claire could only make out as yes’s and agreements. Shaking her foot slightly, Lily looked back at Claire before smiling cruelly. “All adult’s act the same under fear. They do whatever they think will save them, and even beg like dogs not to be punished.” She giggled amused.

Raising her leg lightly, Claire watched in silent fear as Lily lifted her right leg up before resting her bare black socked foot up on the edge of the table. Apparently she had kicked off her shoe beforehand. The man watched in fear as the child’s colossal foot inches ever closer to him before it towered over him completely.

Falling to his knee’s he started begging once more and whispering uncoherent things she couldn’t hear. Whatever they were though, it seemed to make Lily happy, as a dark grin graced her lips. Wiggling her soak clad toes; she scrunched her foot before chuckling.

“Kiss my foot, bug. Worship it and I won’t do to you what I did to him.” To emphasize her point, she pointed at the still lingering body of the shrunken man whose life she had just ended. Nodding again, the man crawled forward quickly before rubbing and kissing her foot much to the raven haired girls delight.

As the other girls watched somewhat amused, Claire could only shiver in revulsion. This was just sick. Humiliate yourself under threat of death… Looking up at Lily’s smirking face, she wore a superior look as she wiggled her foot back and forth over the man.

She really did see herself above him… It wasn’t child and adult, it wasn’t even human and insect… she thought herself to be some kind of… deity compared to him. Feeling herself pulled tighter into Alexis’s hands she looked away. She didn’t want to see this.

As minutes passed by, Sophia and Alexis’s indifference started to wear before they both began to frown. “I believe we have reached the apex of our meeting. We should begin getting ready to leave. Mother will be here shortly, I suggest you all inform your own as well.” Sophia addressed getting saddened looks from the other girls.

“Aww already? But we only got to play a little!” Kai whined before receiving a calming smile from the twins. “Today is just the first of many. Take home the ones you still have. Tomorrow, the real fun begins.” Alexis announced quietly before directing her attention back to Lily.

As Claire looked back to the raven haired girl, she watched her smile viciously before directing her attention towards Claire. “A bug is a bug in the end… just like you.” Cupping her mouth in horror, Claire could only gasp as Lily slammed her foot down on the man who had once been worshiping her.

Shaking her head she wanted to cry, but her eyes wouldn’t let her, they had run dry from all the horrific things she had seen today. It was all like a terrible nightmare… but she knew this was no dream. This had just happened… and it was only beginning from what Sophia had told them.

Feeling herself being lifted up, she looked up at Alexis with puffy eyes before being cupped lightly in the child’s hands. ‘All your questions will be answered later, just remember what you saw today, and decide for yourself whether you want to be a part of this… or something bigger.’

Feeling her head beginning to spin, Claire tried to speak before she fell over unconscious once more. It seemed what ever happened to her was left in these child’s hands…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Stepping outside the Daycare, Sophia and Alexis walked onto the sidewalk right as a red Lamborghini pulled up in front of them. Waiting patiently till the car was parked the blond woman from before got out of the driver’s side before stepping over to her two daughters.

“I hope you both had a wonderful day girls, I trust the people mommy picked were to your liking?” The blond asked with slight hope. Both Alexis and Sophia looked to one another before nodding. “They were acceptable. Will more be coming soon?” Sophia asked first before receiving a quick nod from her mother.

“I already have five more applications for Meriam. By tomorrow, you’ll both have plenty of new… toys, to amuse yourselves with.” Both Sophia and Alexis smiled happily upon hearing this. Moving to the car’s door, the blond quickly opened it for her Daughters before taking a step back, however something did catch her attention.

“Alexis, sweetie… who do you have there?” Stopping before the open door, both Alexis and Sophia looked at Claire’s sleeping form before smiling. “She’s different… like you.” Looking over the unconscious girl curiously, the older blond nodded before waiting for her children to get in.

After shutting the door for them she moved back around before getting in herself and driving off. It seemed her precious little angels were just full of surprises today. She couldn’t wait to see what became of their newest toy.

Good or bad, things were about to get interesting…

End Notes:

Thank you all for reviewing my story, i'm very happy for the views and reviews you've given me so far. I will try to update soon, but this is all that i have written so far, so it might be a little before i next update.

However, i plan on answering a lot of the questions you might have so far with how things are happening, and why these girls are all smarter or different then normal children.

Please feel free to review and ask me if you'd like to see something specific, i plan on making a long list of different scenarios happen in the next few chapters.

 

What we are by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello, i'm back, kind of

I wanted to get this chapter out as soon as i could to give more information about Sophia and Alexis, maybe some more back story on what they can do and how they can do it.

This chapter will be a bit slow to start so i hope you can get into it and be patiant for the next chapter to come, it will be the one where the real fin begins.

 

*Chop*

*Chop*

*Chop*

Claire furrowed her brow as she felt herself beginning to awaken as a continuous pounding noise rung by her ears. As the dull thumping sound continued, her brown eyes slowly drifted open as she looked around confused.

"W-Where… am I?" Hearing another chop sound once more, the continuous noise finally died off behind her making her jump somewhat. "Are you allergic to anything? Fish, dairy?" Turning around abruptly Claire blinked in surprise as she saw a taller woman dressed in red… no, tall was an understatement, she was a giantess.

As the memories before flooded back to her, the brunette could only gawk at the large blonde who seemed unphased by her shrunken state as she set some freshly cut up vegetables in a large bowl beside her. At least, that explained the loud noise she had heard before.

As her eyes lingered on the large knife sitting next to the blonde, she was brought out of her thoughts by the woman before her as she cleared her throat. "Claire was it?" Shaking her head, still visibly startled by the sight in front of her, the blond smiled before moving to the opposite side of her with the large bowl of vegetables in hand.

"You never answered my dear, are you allergic to anything?" Shaking her head once more, the blond smiled happily before setting the bowl down on a large table behind her. Standing now, Claire's eyes looked around in surprise.

She was in a kitchen, as if that wasn't obvious but it was surprising none the less. The last thing she remembered was being held by the twins before… furrowing her brow she tried to remember but nothing came past that. ‘I guess I must have lost consciousness…'

As the woman once again stepped past her, she set a few plates down on the table before moving back over to the other side of the counter still ignoring the brunette, no, not ignoring… it seemed like she genuinely wasn't bothered by her presence there.

Now getting a better look at the woman, the shrunken brunette gasped slightly. Her flowing blonde hair, her red apparel, she was their mother! The twins! Scampering to her knee's now in a respectful manner, Claire raised her hand, unsure of how else to get the larger woman's attention.

As the blond moved around the kitchen for a moment she didn't seem to see her at first before her eyes flashed over Claire a few minutes later. "Are, are you trying to tell me something?" Nodding, Claire flinched slightly by the quiet chuckle the woman gave. It was quite apparent where her daughters got their dark laugh from.

"Funny, a teacher raising her hand to ask a question, amusing none the less I suppose. Is there something you'd like to say?" Looking up at the blond somewhat confused by the teacher comment, she licked her lips to speak.

"W-Where… where am I…? I, I mean I know I'm, in a house but… Where, am I?" As the elder blond stared at her shrunken guest for a moment it seemed like she wasn't going to answer her at first, but as she sighed, Claire's eyes filled with hope.

"Well Miss Abernathy, you are correct you're in a house, mine to be specific. Where you are exactly is in the upper parts of Philadelphia, or did you mean which room you are in, the Kitchen, in case you hadn't noticed the table behind you." Her tone was one of condescending amusement.

Frowning, Claire shook her head. "B-But, how did I get here, why I am here… and why am I s-still…" the brunette waved her body up and down for a moment for emphasis. Crossing her arms now, the blond frowned as she stared at Claire.

"The question you seemed to want to ask but didn't would have been why am I here then, not where you are… for that matter, I can't say. My little girls seemed to have taken a liking to you, Miss Abernathy… something that does trouble me, I don't understand why."

Scowling at the older blonde's implication, Claire bit her tongue, knowing that angering the larger giantess was probably not the smartest course of action for her to take. As silence passed for a moment both women looked at one another with unchanging demeanors.

However, the older blond was the first to look away in favor of going back to what she was doing and ignoring Claire once more. ‘Rude…' frowning at the inhospitable way the other woman talked with her, Claire looked around trying to figure things out on her own…

Looking up at a skylight casting its light shadow through, the brunette assumed it was well into the evening. Just how long had she been unconscious? As Claire sat there in silence her mind began to wonder a few things…

"Do you… know what your daughters did… if they are yours? Sophia and Alexis…?" The blond stopped moving for a moment as she stood in what looked like a sink. The counter was higher than her, so she could only guess with the faint sound of water trickling down into brass.

Turning back to the shrunken girl, the older woman nodded seriously before turning her gaze back to the sink. "I know everything my little girls do… I'm their mother after all." Well, that solved that but still left Claire with a sense of morbid disgust.

"You, you just let them torture and kill people…? W-W-Why…? I-Its barbaric, a-and horrific! Why would you let them do such, s-such, "Claire's words died off before she could finish however as the older blonde's grim eyes leveled with her own?

They were dark, uncaring, and terrifying… it was like looking into an older version of the twins. "Miss Abernathy… While I don't understand why my little girls brought you into our home, you are most certainly not welcomed here. I will tolerate you here for their sake…" She paused before lifting up a large cutting knife next to the sink, a dark glint in her eyes as she took a small step towards Claire.

"But…" She took another step towards the shivering brunette. "If you ever, call my little angels, anything other than that… I don't care how much they like you… I will end you and your insignificant life where you stand…" She now stood directly over Claire, with the large knife pointed at her, anger and venom laced with every word she spoke.

"Do I make myself clear?" Claire's whole body shook with fear, her voice was not seeming to work as she stared up at the gargantuan knife held over in a death-like a grip. Nodding slowly, Claire didn't dare utter a word, as she saw the hateful eyes the woman was giving her… apparently she didn't take kindly to anyone speaking ill of her daughters…

Lowering the knife slowly, Claire gasped as she felt another wave of fear shoot through her as the large kitchen utensil was stabbed into the wooden board she had been sitting on. It was just inches from her… Shuttering at her terrified reflection that showed on the glass like surface of the knife, the brunette looked back up at the older blond but her gaze was back on the sink now, seemingly ignorant of what just happened moments prior.

Slowly crawling away from the still embedded knife, Claire pulled her knees into her chest as she shivered in fear. Nothing more was said between the two women. But as time passed, and the blond moved back and forth more and more, it became quickly apparent she was setting the table behind her.

As different food was brought out, Claire looked around confused. She didn't know how long it had been but… where were Sophia and Alexis? They hadn't been there when she had awoken. As the final item was set down on the table how the older woman liked she simply stood still for a moment before moving towards a seat at the front of the table.

Hearing a quiet noise towards the kitchens opening, Claire looked towards it before her eyes lit up. Stepping into the kitchen, hand in hand, Alexis and Sophia walked in before their eyes landed on Claire, or more specifically towards the large knife stabbed into the cutting board she had been sitting on.

As they looked towards their mother for a moment, they seemed quiet but looked away a moment later before continuing towards the table. As the two twins were about to pass by her, Sophia stuck out her arm in a calming manner.

Getting the hint, Claire stepped down from the large wooden board she had been on before climbing onto her presented hand. As both twins smiled simultaneously by the simple action, the moved to the table in unison before setting Claire down at the other end of the table across from themselves.

Claire watched both Sophia and Alexis for a moment as they said nothing. Their eyes weren't on her anymore, now focused on the plates of food in front of them. "Thank you, Mother, for the meal,", "But please refrain from threatening Claire."

The brunette looked up in shock, were they eavesdropping? Looking over at their mother now, the older blond took a sip from a wine glass next to her but said nothing in return. All and all, the silence was unnerving.

‘I, I know I shouldn't be this calm… but this is really just too weird…' Claire's thoughts ended abruptly as something was set in front of her by one of the twins hands. Looking down confused, Claire blinked in surprise as she saw a small plate with food on it.

What surprised her was the actual plate, it was small! Looking back up at the twins they smirked before going to their own food. ‘They just happened to have shrunken dishware and utensils… what the hell did I, get caught up in…' Sighing, Claire tried to not over think it…

As she ate the food presented to her cautiously, she was presently surprised by the flavor, it wasn't half bad. The silence, however, was still unnerving. As she looked towards the twins, their eyes both looked up at the same time to meet her own.

It was like they always knew when she was thinking about them… Looking away, Claire said nothing else as she ate. She'd just have to make due with silence… it was probably as best as she would get considering how her questions with their mother went earlier.

As both twins finished picking at their plates, they looked towards one another before pushing them aside. "We would like to excuse ourselves now a mother. Thank you for the meal, it was very-", "Finish your vegetables."

Claire blinked in surprise before looking at their mother who ate quietly with an amused expression on her features. Both Sophia and Alexis fidgeted for a moment before pulling their plates back solemnly. The whole thing only lasted a moment but she had to admit, it was rather amusing.

With everything, those two had already done… to see the looks on their faces as they ate was really entertaining. ‘I guess they're still kids after all… hard to believe…' Both Sophia and Alexis pushed their plates away once again before glaring at their mother.

"We will be excused now…" Stepping out from the table, their mother simply waved her fork at her daughters before going back to her meal, the same amused expression present as she ate. As a hand was presented beside her, Claire pushed her own plate away before stepping onto Sophia's hand.

As both Alexis and Sophia left the kitchen, Claire got a good look at where she truly was for the first time. Looking up in shock, she could only gawk at the royal decor all around her. The ceilings were high, the walls had beautiful designs, and in every corner of the hallway had some kind of antique…

Both twins smirked at Claire's awe but said nothing as they continued towards a large, half spiraled staircase with an identical one on the other side. ‘Wow… I can only imagine what this place must cost; I've never even seen a hotel this nice…'

As the twins ascended the top floor and more importantly now that they were alone, Alexis spoke up. "Please forgive Mother for her actions earlier." ,"She, gets defensive of us rather easily." Once again they finished off each other's sentences, a trait she honestly didn't think she'd ever get used to.

Claire remained quiet but it seemed they didn't care one way or another if she spoke or not. As they turned a small corner, the stood before a large double sided door before Sophia opened it for them. Stepping inside, Claire's eyes lit up in wonder.

She had seen many things in her life… but what she saw before her, was something out of a book. Sitting at the end of the large room was a massive king sized bed with rich ruby coverings. It was a canopy bed with a distinct Elizabethan décor surrounding its lush red coverings. Its large black legs were all carved and had foreign designs that embedded its posts giving it a much richer look as a whole.

Resting on both sides of the bed were small carved, wooden nightstands, a simple yet elegant lamp on each along with a large wall framed bookshelf on the left side of the room and a dresser in the far corner of the right.

At the front of the bed also sat a large padded chest with a dark ruby pillow covering it over, obviously meant to act as a seat as well. Along next to the dresser, seemingly carved into the wall itself and not just a part of it was a massive fireplace with a large fire already roaring inside of it.

The two mantles on both sides of the Fireplace had varied objects and other strange artifacts, Claire honestly couldn't even name is she tried. Set out in front of the fireplace was also two identical chairs, each as royal as anything else in the room.

The final thing she could note was the intricate and very old looking tapestry set out over the ground, covering all four corners of the room itself. All and all, this looked like a bedroom for a king… most certainly not for two little girls…

Stepping into their room, Sophia closed the door behind her before following Alexis as they moved towards the large bed. ‘This is just so… beautiful…' The use of red would usually be overbearing but with the dark décor and rich rug on the floor it made the whole place come together…  she was really impressed… and slightly intimidated.

Moving to opposite sides of the bed, Alexis set Claire down in the center before her and her sister climbed on together and looked down at her with their unique, dark red eyes. Now feeling a bit self-conscious, the shrunken brunette looked away feeling her cheeks darken by gazes she was begin given.

"You have questions, "So many questions to be answered," We can answer them, but do try to calm down," you're beginning to hurt us with so many at once," Alexis mumbled the last part with her petite hand rubbing her temple.

As Claire licked her suddenly dry lips, now having both girls undivided attention, the shrunken girl tried to think of what to even ask. They were right, she did have a plethora of questions, and now… they were going to tell her.

Looking to her sister, Alexis nodded before they folded their legs under them and cupped their hands together in their laps. "Since your mind seems to be working against you," We will try our best to answer what we can for you."

Looking back up at the two mature girls in front of her still left Claire with a sense of awe. It was just so strange seeing two children act, even remotely how they did. Clearing her throat first, Sophia looked up before humming for a moment.

"Have you ever heard the myth, that humans only have access to ten percent of their brain at any given time?" Blinking in confusion, Claire nodded. "Well, it's not a myth… exactly. Humans can access any part of their brain at any given time, just, in intervolves of roughly ten percent. Hence, why the myth originated."

Claire blinked once, then twice, as her head tried to work around what the little blond had just said. It wasn't the concept that flabbergasted her, no it was the way she said it that stunned her. Smiling lightly Sophia looked to Alexis before their eyes landed back on Claire.

"I and Alexis, we're different, though. We can access any part of our minds at any given time, using our knowledge to its fullest, more or less." Sophia mumbled the last part receiving a nod from Alexis. "When my sister and I were born, we were born through… different means then you would expect." Alexis muttered quietly as they tried to keep the conversation simple for the little brunette.

"Our Mother… was a much different woman before we were born, and our father…" Both pairs of eyes grew dark at the mention of him. "He is not of concern. When we were born, our mother was on a type of stimulating, an experimental one, meant to help with our birth… the effects weren't what she expected…" Alexis frowned before looking back at Sophia.

"from the moment we were born, we could see everything clearly… we can remember everything since the first day our eyes opened up." Sophia smiled a small smile before holding Alexis's hand in her own. "The doctors were worried. When we came out, we didn't cry, didn't scream like other babies… we simply watched them all." Alexis mumbled in what Claire could only assume was nostalgia?

‘They can't be serious… they remember this much back when they were born?' ,"Yes, we do." Jumping slightly, the little brunette shivered having forgotten about that little fact. "We could see their minds to, the words they used, and the thoughts they thought, we both knew what they were. If we could speak at the time we probably would have."

Claire just shook her head in disbelief. This sounded absurd. "You think we're lying to you?", ‘Your shrunken and on our beds, with our minds speaking to you directly.' "We expect confusion or disbelief,", ‘But don't think we'd lie to you, Claire.'

Both their smirks showed her the truth of their words. As much as it did surprise her, she didn't think they were lying about it… or anything they said. "However, we're not perfect… yet." Sophia whispered somewhat bitterly.

"We can share our minds together and look into others… but only I can do that." Alexis added. "Our minds are like one, we can each control half of one. I have control over the right hemisphere," Sophia started. "And I have control over the left." Alexis finished.

Claire just looked at both puzzled now. What did control over the left or the right half's of a brain have to do with… really anything involving them. Both twins smiled simultaneously before Sophia raised her hand. "The right half of a brain controls aspects like creativity, imagination, it lets the mind think and make things beyond others dreams… and I can make physical whatever I imagine."

Claire jumped slightly now as she watched a small ball of red beginning to form in Sophia's hand. As the round object took shape, it looked just that, like a small round orb of red. Pinching the object, Sophia grinned before pressing her fingers against it, shattering it as if it were made of glass.

‘O-Out, out of t-thin air?! S-she made it out of thin air…' Claire gawked at Sophia now. Were they even human? Frowning somewhat now, Alexis leaned down before moving her hand towards Claire. "I control the left side of the brain, the one in charge of intellectual and logical thoughts."

As the little girls hand moved closer towards Claire, she gently moved her finger closer to her before tapping the brunette on the head. Claire suddenly blinked before looking around confused. ‘I-I'm, I-m back in the daycare…?'

Turning around, Claire looked at the desks and walls of the daycare she had been working at. What was going on? ‘I can control the aspects of the mind, unlike my sister who can control aspects of the body.' Looking around frantically now, Claire could hear Alexis's voice but she still couldn't see her.

Feeling her foot suddenly fall, Claire looked down quickly before gasping in shock as she saw a large drop in front of her. Suddenly the walls of the daycare shattered leaving the large and regal bedroom she had just been in all around her.

Looking down in fear, she gulped as she saw her foot resting near the edge of the bed… a drop this high up would surely kill her… Craning her head back at the two twins watching her amused, she shivered with a new sense of fear.

Both Sophia and Alexis stopped smiling now, before looking down at the shrunken brunette with sadness. "Have we done anything to hurt you?" the question caught her off guard. Looking up at the twins large saddened eyes filled her with a sense of… guilt?

"N-No…? I, I don't think y-you have. Either of you." Now it was Alexis's turn to speak up. "Then why do you fear us? We've taken care of you, and we haven't hurt you. So why?" Her tone sounded strained as if she was holding back from crying.

She was shrunken, the size of a doll, on a bed with two beings she honestly couldn't even call human! Why wouldn't she be scared?! As Claire's eyes landed on their saddened red irises, the feeling of guilt from before intensified.

‘I... I guess I… I shouldn't be…' Looking down, Claire bit her lip. They were right… even with them shrinking and kidnapping her, they were still just children. They didn't hurt her and weren't trying to… she hoped.

Looking back up now, Claire was about to apologize for whatever she did to make them sad but the look of hurt from their eyes was seemingly gone now, as they both smiled a small smile. "We knew you were different… you don't think were monsters."

Claire just looked up at them wordlessly. She didn't know what they were… Moving her hands towards Claire, Sophia smiled once more before cupping the small brunette and lifting her towards her and her sister.

"We understand your confusion towards us, even Mother had it at first, but she grew to love us none the less." Sophia smiled before moving her thumb behind Claire's back to stroke her gently. "We know you don't understand us yet, but in time, you will." Alexis shared her sisters happy look as they both pet and held Claire together, making the brunette blush uncontrollably from all the gentle touching's she was receiving.

 She felt like their pet the way they were holding her… Suddenly a loud ringing noise echoed through the room startling her. Both Alexis and Sophia looked up over their fireplace at a large wall mounted clock, before both sighed simultaneously.

"It's getting late. Perhaps we should have kept you awake when we arrived home." Sophia frowned before moving Claire down back onto the bed. "We should get ready for bed, our-" Alexis suddenly stopped speaking before looking towards her sister.

Scowling, the little blond nodded to Alexis before she moved off the bed. "Sorry Claire, I'll be back shortly." And like that the little blond simply walked towards their bedroom door leaving Claire with Sophia. "you two separated?" this was the first time she had ever seen the twins alone from one another.

"There's a cop at the front door, this is the third time this week. Mother is angry." Sophia mumbled quietly before cupping her hands in her lap. ‘A cop?! Did they come here looking for me?' the thought filled her with some sense of hope, yet at the same time… dread. She didn't know why, though.

As silence passed between Sophia and Claire, the brunette frowned before looking up at the young blond. "So… you, you can't read my mind…?" Looking down now, Sophia frowned before shaking her head. "Alexis reads minds and shares her thoughts with me. When were apart, I can't see into others."

Nodding, Claire said nothing else as she processed that bit of information. It probably explained why she didn't see Sophia or Alexis far from one another very often. Alexis could tell Sophia what people thought and more while Sophia could control their actions and bodies. They really were two half's of the same whole.

As terrifying as it was to learn all this, she couldn't help but be fascinated. As the door to the bedroom opened up, both brown and red eyes locked onto Alexis who made her way back to their bed. Looking back and forth now, Claire frowned wanting to know what happened. It's not like she could read their minds…

Smirking slightly, Alexis hopped back on the bed before grinning down at Claire. "Would you like to watch since you're so curious?" blinking in surprise, the little brunette would be lying if she said she didn't want to know.

Nodding, she closed her eyes as Alexis tapped her head once more.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Claire opened her eyes before blinking in confusion. She was back on the spiraling stairwell she had seen earlier. As her head turned on its own, she realized her vision was not her own. However she tried to move, her body didn't. It was like her consciousness was being taken for a ride.

As she saw her vision shifting she looked downwards at a large door with the twin's mother standing beside it. After a few seconds, she opened the door before smiling at the person on the other side. "Well isn't this a surprise, what can I do for you, officer?"

"Pardon the intrusion ma'am, I know this is the third time we've come here but, we must look into all aspects of the case, I do hope you don't mind. Their mother simply smiled before opening the door for the man.

Claire watched curiously as a tall officer with dark brown hair entered. He looked like a generic cop from what she could tell. Suddenly her body started to move on its own again. As she descended the stairs, she heard little bits and pieces of their mother's conversation with the cop before she was suddenly standing in front of him.

"Ahh, this must be your daughter, she's cute." He smiled down at Claire before kneeling down. "Hello, my name's office-" His face suddenly went blank before his eyes hazed over. "Everything is fine, nothing was found here, and the Artiste family was more than accommodating to your search. You will make sure they don't send anyone else, this lead is at its end." Claire could hear Alexis's voice clearly coming from her mouth as she spoke.

As the cop nodded slowly, he suddenly raised back up before Alexis's mother moved to his side. "Is there anything else I can do for you sir?" the cop simply blinked a few times before looking around. "U-Uh, n-no, that will be all. Everything checks out here and I hope you both have a nice day.

He waved to their mother before stepping out of the front door as it was closed behind him. Looking up at her mother now, she smiled down at her daughter before nodding. "Sorry to interrupt whatever you and Sophia were doing sweetie, I'll try not to disturb you both."

Claire felt herself nodding before she turned to leave, her vision fading as the memory left her.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _

 

 

Opening her eyes once more Claire groaned slightly as she felt a dull throbbing in her mind. "The pain will go away shortly. People's minds don't like being fed false memories that aren't their own." Alexis informed her before both she and her sister moved to the side of their bed.

"I think we've talked enough, we need to take our bath now," Sophia spoke up drawing Claire's attention. As she felt herself being lifted as well she blinked in surprise as she was carried with them towards a large door at the side of their bedroom.

"W-Wait, why am, wait what?!" the little brunette stammered in confusion. One minute she was talking with them, the next they were going to take a bath and bring her along for the ride?! "We're dirty and we don't like it. You are dirty as well. You need a bath just from us. Do you have any complaints to state?"

Claire was about to open her mouth but they kind of had a point… looking down at her clothes still covered in sweat and dirt she scowled. She didn't get a chance to change out of her daycare clothes properly so she had to wear them this whole time. Funny you didn't notice the little things when you're suddenly shrunken and kidnapped by children twice your size.

Scowling at Claire, both Alexis and Sophia said nothing else as they entered a large before shutting it behind them. Claire looked around somewhat surprised. She half expected the room to be red as well. The twins seemed to heavily favor the color. Black and white tiles covered the floor before stopping at the walls.

The bottom half of the walls were lined with black tiles while the upper top half was lined with white ones. The ceiling itself wasn't tiled per say but it had a rather marble like texture to it. Cut out of the ground to the far end of the bathroom sat a massive tub easily made for multiple people. It was more suited as a small pool then a tub. She could only guess what their water bill had to be if they filled it to the brim each day.

Moving towards the side of the bathroom, Sophia set Alexis down on their black tiled sink before she and Alexis moved towards the tub. "The bath will be ready shortly. We will take care of your clothes for you." Alexis spoke up as she ran her hand through the flowing water.

Peeking into the tub, Claire shivered as she watched the valves on all sides of the bottom pumping steaming water into it. It looks… wondrous… suddenly Claire blinked as she processed the last part of Alexis's statement.

"W-W-Wait, I, I'm bathing with you?" Both Sophia and Alexis looked up now as they were taking their clothes off. "Did you think we would leave you in the sink to bathe?" Sophia chuckled. "You are our guest Claire. Our amenities are yours." Alexis smiled back as she tugged away her red dress before setting it to the side with her sisters.

Frowning, Claire said nothing before tugging on her own shirt. She forgot that little fact… she was supposed to be a *guest* not a hostage… Sighing, she peeled off her jeans next before standing up in her plain white bra and panties. Her sweat from the day had actually dulled their pure white color making her frown.

‘They were right, but how did they know I was dirty when I didn't even notice?' Claire frowned feeling somewhat self-conscious now. She didn't think she smelled bad. She was just… a little dirty. "The waters ready Claire."

Jumping slightly, the shrunken brunette craned her neck before looking into Alexis's gleaming eyes. "O-Ok, just a second…" shivering at the look she was being given, Claire couldn't understand why she was unnerved so much.

Pulling her bra and panties off, she put them next to her discarded shirt and pants before kicking away her socks as well. ‘Odd, how did I not notice my shoes missing either?' there was a lot of things she really hadn't paid attention to.

Turning back towards Alexis she blinked in confusion as she watched the girls eyes lingering on her… it was like she was enraptured with her… waving her hand for a second seemed to break the child's eyes, however, making her look away quickly.

"Come… t-the baths ready," Sophia stammered next to it, her own face hidden somewhat. ‘Well, that was… weird.' As Alexis stepped towards the bath she was helped into it by her sister. Looking over the blonde's hand, Claire's eyes widened as she looked into the deep reflecting water, steaming just below her.

It was like a massive lake of boiling water just waiting for her. As she was lowered in slowly, Claire's mind went blank as she felt the warmth all around her with her body being submerged. "W-Wow…" It felt perfect! She had never felt something so good. It didn't feel like a bath, it felt like her skin was being cleansed and massaged by the light ripple being pressed into her every so often by the twins movements.

Feeling her body being released into the tub freely, Claire's eyes slowly began to close as she gently waded in place. ‘This feels, breathtaking…' Sighing quietly, the shrunken brunette's mind began to slow down now as she floated on her back.

As troubling as the day was… it didn't seem to matter right now. She hadn't felt this good since… since… Scowling, Claire's eyes clenched lightly as she tried to recall any time in her life she felt this good… she couldn't.

As troubling as that was to her, the sudden feeling of unease she felt earlier slowly began to creep back up on her. Opening her eyes slowly, Claire blinked before straitening herself up in the water quickly, a slight blush on her features as she looked into the two pairs of crimson orbs leering at her.

"T-There's no need to stop, we don't mind watching." Sophia flashed a small grin before looking to her sister. "I didn't mind either. Although I wouldn't mind hearing more about your past… you're hiding it from me…"

Feeling her cheeks flush having been caught so off guard by the sudden pleasure she felt, Claire tried to think of an excuse before Alexis's words caught up with her. "H-Hiding something from you?" The blond child simply nodded with a frown marring her features.

"Your past… I can't see all of it, your blocking something you don't like. What is it?" Claire's eyes slowly widened at her implication. ‘N-N-No, s-she can't mean that…' Gulping slightly, the brunette turned quickly before lowering her head into the water till just her eyes poked out.

‘Claire… tell us what it is, what is this memory?' Feeling her body slowly being cupped and pulled out of the water now, Claire shivered as she tried to avert her eyes. "I… I don't know what you-", "Don't lie to us…" Sophia whispered quietly, her voice taking on a darker tone.

"We want to know, what it is… Oh…? Oh…" Alexis grinned slightly as she saw fragments of Claire's past being shown to her. The shrunken girls resolve seemingly cracking from her captors. "You were hurt… but, no, you were heartbroken."

Quickly turning, Claire's eyes met with Alexis's before she glared. "STOP IT!" Both twins traded glances before looking back at the little brunette. "Did you move here because of this?" Lowering her eyes, Claire said nothing before pulling her knees into her chest.

An awkward silence soon permitted the room, both pairs of crimson eyes watching the shrunken brunette with silence. After a few minutes, the silence was soon broken by Alexis though. "We will talk about this more you know, after all, we want to know everything about you, Claire."

Sniffling slightly at the recollection of her past, Claire met their gaze with a questioning one of her own. "W-W-Why… Why me… Why do you want anything to do with me…?" Shaking her head, the brunette buried her face in her knees once more.

‘Why did they pick me…? I'm not special…' As Claire continued to hide her face, she was soon broken out of her comfort zone by the feeling on her body wrapped around in warmth. "Are you special? We don't know yet either… But we're willing to take a chance on you."

Looking up now, Claire's eyes trembled slightly as she looked into the twins softened expressions. It wasn't the cold ones from the earlier morning, nor the inquisitive and mischievous ones from the evening either. They simply showed her, warmth…

As Sophia and Alexis continued to hold Claire, the brunette began to flush. Their eyes were focused on her and her alone now, and the same feeling she felt before was creeping back up on her. As she felt her body slowly being moved by them, she struggled lightly but it increased steadily as she felt herself being straightened out.

"H-H-Hey, w-what are you d-doing?!" Sophia and Alexis said nothing as they continued pinning Claire into their hands. Slowly the brunettes struggles were ceased as her arms were pinned in one hand by Sophia and her legs pinned and spread by Alexis?!

Looking up in fear, Claire's eyes began to water once more. Were they going to go back on what they said? Did she anger them by not telling them what they wanted? Were they going to… going to kill her like the others…?

Seeing their eyes pause for a moment they broke their gaze away from her form for but a second before looking into her eyes. "You haven't dated someone since you were fifteen. We were under the impression all adults wanted companionship in life. It's a basic instinct." Sophia muttered quietly, her tone sounding somewhat robotic.

"Yet you chose to hide from others. Fear, for them, for you, embarrassment, no, shame, not that either…? We don't quite understand this feeling from you but you always avoided others…" Alexis muttered in the same monotone voice as her sister before they both looked towards one another before smiling.

"We can be here for you Claire, and we're not embarrassed by you." Sophia grinned before she moved her free hand towards Claire's shuttering face. As she gently stroked her finger down the shivering girl's cheek, her smile grew.

"W-W-What… W-What are you t-two going t-to do to m-me?" Her tone did little to hide her fear. Alexis moved one of her fingers not holding Claire's legs apart towards her thigh before gently poking her. The feeling was quick but apparent.

Gasping quietly, Claire's breath hitched now as she felt her thigh being rubbed up and down by the blonde’s large digit. "H-H-HEY, S-STOP THAT, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Feeling another digit, this time from Sophia being moved over her stomach, caused the restrained brunette to thrash now.

"W-WHAT ARE YOU TW-" Before she could scream again, Claire’s eyes widened in shock as she felt her mouth fastened shut on its own. "Don't speak, you'll ruin the mood." Sophia's voice held a prurient tone, startling Claire to no end.

‘B-B-But, I, I, I don't understand, y-your children?!’Alexis grinned as she moved her finger higher her nail lightly brushing against the brunette's inner thigh as she slowly moved her finger upwards. "Children, Claire, you should know by now we're not children." Alexis chuckled darkly as she saw the frightened look on the shrunken girls face.

"Age is a state of mind Claire, not a state of being. We look like children to you," Sophia began before moving her finger over one of the brunette's breasts, before pressing down on it lightly. "But in actuality, we're more like adults than even you…" Alexis giggled, making her statement seem invalid.

Claire's back arched now as a sickening feeling of bliss washed over her brought on by the twins actions. As she felt her breast slowly being massaged, she could only whimper, a light stream of tears falling from her eyes now as Alexis's finger moved upwards now hovering over her crotch.

"Why does this trouble you so much? Does the thought of two children playing with you really bother you to this extent? Would it be better if we looked more like you?" Clair's eyes widened to new proportions now as she watched the impossible happen once again by Sophia.

Rolling her head a bit, her hair started to grow out along with her body growing slightly larger. Soon her face's features grew out more along with other… assets. Smirking now, Sophia giggled, her voice having a deeper tone as she looked down at Claire's shaking body.

"Is this more to your liking, Claire?" the older twin now moaned. Her entire being was different! She looked like she was 16 or 17 easily! As Sophia continued to coo her name, Alexis's eyes traveled to her sister before she frowned.

"I don't like it… change back…" Pouting now, Sophia smirked none the less before her body began to shrink. Now sitting next to her sister once more, was her counterpart looking no older than 5 or 6.

‘W-What… w-w-what on earth are you two…' Tears streamed down Claire's face as her brain tried to comprehend what she had just witnessed. Both Sophia and Alexis grinned before moving their fingers back over Claire's body playfully.

"We're one of a kind, now stop struggling and enjoy this. Your morals should be gone now, right?" Sophia didn't wait for an answer before pinching the brunette's breasts gleefully. Feeling her mouth no longer being held shut, Claire moaned loudly before shutting her mouth in embarrassment.

"No need to be shy, we like that noise a lot," Alexis grinned before pressing her still hovering finger down now into the brunettes exposed crotch. Both Sophia and Alexis smiled happily as a new wave of moans escaped their little captive's mouth, each one being followed by light screams by their actions.

"I don't think she's really into this, do you?" Alexis smirked before Sophia's finger moved away from her breasts. "No, no, she does look like she's fighting something still… let's change her a bit." Claire's eyes were hazed over at this point. She could only hear bits and pieces of what the twins were saying but one thing did occur to her.

Gasping loudly, her body arched as she felt a wave of pure and unbridled pleasure shoot through her core suddenly. Screaming now, Claire thrashed in Alexis's hands as Sophia's index fingers pressed into her sides.

"Your pleasure receptors are a bit low for an adult if I had to give you a number I'd say 3," Sophia mumbled before twisting her fingers slowly. With each movement, Claire's screams grew in volume. She felt like her body was on fire!

"4, 5, 6, 7," Sophia grinned as she continued to alter Claire. As Alexis watched her sisters work, her finger relentlessly ground into the brunette's tiny crotch as she played with her slowly. "Why not make her feel better than she ever has before, that might make her more accepting."

Grinning, Sophia suddenly twisted her fingers causing the brunette's mind to go blank before screaming louder, much louder than she had before. Bucking into Alexis's finger, she gritted her teeth as a mix of pain and bliss filled her very being. She had never felt anything like this before!

Letting out a final scream, her body slumped tiredly into Alexis's hand as she panted in exhaustion. Her whole body felt completely drained. Pulling her finger away, both twins looked at the small mess on Alexis's finger before smiling.

"That was your first time… no wonder your receptors were so low. Let's leave them like this instead. The pleasure will eat at you slowly until you're begging to feel this good again, we should know." Pulling her sisters hand towards her mouth, Sophia quickly licked away Claire’s juices before Alexis pouted.

"Share it." Smiling back, Sophia leaned in before giving her sister a deep kiss. As shocking as the sight was to her, Claire couldn't seem to focus at all. As her eyes began to droop, the last thing she saw was the smiling faces of the two twins, they looked completely, and utterly content…

Breaking away from the kiss, both Sophia and Alexis looked down now at Claire's unconscious form before scowling. "Did I make it too strong…?", "No, she'll get used to it. It was her first time after all." Nodding, both sisters moved closer to one another before petting Claire's sleeping form contently.

"She's the one we've been looking for, I know it." Sophia moved Claire's face back and forth before sighing. "She still needs to be accepted by the others… just because we like her doesn't mean they will… and that will cause issues in the future." Frowning Alexis nodded before standing up.

"I think it's time we get changed for bed." Nodding, Sophia joined her as they carried Claire along with them. The next day would be crucial after all. Hopefully, they didn't waste all the effort on a lost cause…

End Notes:

I hope you like

Please review and tell me if you'd like to see something special in future chapters, i might just add it in

 

Prove your worth by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello all, i'm back.

Sorry this took so long, i had trouble wording it how i wanted so i had my friend help me type it up. I think it looks good now.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as i did writing it.

 

Claire whimpered quietly as her body shivered under a larger cover. As sweat dripped down her brow, her eyes suddenly shot open as she gasped in fear. Gripping her chest she panted as she felt the adrenaline of her dream suddenly dying away.

As the brunette's vision became clearer, her eyes darted back and forth as she felt and unsettling feeling come over her. ‘Wake up from one nightmare… into another…' She was still in Sophia and Alexis's regal bedroom… in their bed actually.

Looking around at the massive landscape the covers provided, it was clear she was the only one in the bed. Looking around timidly, Claire watched as a small ray of light shined into the room from the wall adorning window stretching skyward on the walls next to her.

It was probably still early, barely dawn. Sighing deeply, the shrunken girl clenched and unclenched her hands back and forth, the freight from before still haunting her mind. "Such an unusual dream." Jumping, Claire almost didn't see the form of Sophia moving towards the right side of the bed.

"Y-You were here this whole time?" The blond child simply raised a brow at the statement. "This is my room, why would I be somewhere else?" Scowling at her question being rendered ignorant, Claire looked down into her lap as she remained silent, thoughts of the previous day beginning to come back to her.

‘L-Last night… did, did they really…?' Looking up at Sophia's indifferent expression, Claire honestly couldn't differ reality from her dreams. If what happened the night before in their bathroom was a dream, though… what did that say about her?

Moving her hand down towards the bed, Sophia waited quietly till she saw Claire rising. It seemed their subtle gestures were now understood more by the shrunken brunette. Twitching her lips into a small smile, Sophia remained silent before lifting Claire up towards her.

"I'd ask how you slept but I already know. Do you feel well rested?" Looking up at the blond child, Claire smiled softly. "I thought you already knew how I slept, so why to ask if I feel rested." Smirking at the brunette amused, Sophia moved towards one of the two large chairs that rested before a large fireplace, the flames from before now just smoldering remains of what they were from the past night.

"Small talk I suppose, or perhaps I was trying to comfort you considering you had a rather… unpleasant dream before you woke." Shuttering, Claire's eyes locked onto Sophia's with uncertainty. ‘Do you know what I dreamt… or just that it wasn't pleasant?'

As the two looked to one another for a moment something had dawned on her. "W-Wait, where's Alexis?" The second of the two twins was nowhere in sight. Looking away from Claire, the blondes vision turned towards the bedroom door.

"She had something to discuss with Mother." Looking back at Sophia, curiosity soon got the better of her. "Why aren't you with her then?" The question surprisingly made Sophia show a different expression Claire had yet to see, confusion.

"Why must I be present around my sister at all times? We might share a mind but we are two different people you know." Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, Claire nodded. ‘M-Maybe that came off ruder than I meant it…'

As the brunette was about to apologize, the door to the large room opened abruptly silencing her from speaking further. "Mother will have breakfast ready in ten minutes. We should change before we go down."

As Claire tried to look over the large armrest of the chair to see Alexis she couldn't, further proving just how small she was. As the second blond child in question stepped towards her sister a smile moved over her features as she looked down at Claire.

"I'm glad you're excited to see me, Sophia mentioned you inquired about my where bouts?" Sputtering at being put on the spot so abruptly, Claire shook her head. "N-N-No, I, I didn't inquire, w-wait what I mean is I only asked why you two, err…" Sighing Claire shook her head as her cheeks lit up.

‘it's fun to rile you up, we don't get that reaction from our friends.' Blushing deeper, Claire remained quiet as her thoughts were danced upon by the snickering blonde's. "There's no need to feel embarrassed Claire, after all, we've already seen you naked. A little teasing can't be as embarrassing to you as that." Sophia noted before seeing the shrunken girls body stiffen.

"THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?!" Sharing a glance to one another now, Sophia and Alexis began to chuckle. "Indeed, ever detail you remember." As Alexis leaned closer to Claire, her face hovered just over the brunette now as a grinned.

"And every pleasant feeling you thought could only be a dream too." Sputtering with vigor, Claire tried to calm her mind down as she began remembering everything that had happened… in very, vivid, detail. Quickly pointing up at Sophia, Claire just shook her head.

"B-B-BUT, BUT YOU, YOU GREW, N-No, I mean y-you turned… older?!" Changing her accusers towards Alexis now she still shook in disbelief. "A-A-And you, you were… making out with your sister…" Both twins shared a quiet chuckle before they looked to one another.

"We told you yesterday that your morals are foolish beliefs." As Sophia and Alexis leaned closer, Claire could only watch in silent shock as she saw them share a quick kiss. Parting just as quick, they looked back at her with amusement dancing over their faces.

‘We are bound by no morals people try to force upon us.' "We know what we like, and we know what needs to be done to fix the perspective of others as well." Sophia moved her hand behind Claire before giving her back a light pet.

"You think because we're sister's that means we can't love each other?" As Claire's lips parted no words came out. She wanted to scream yes, that it was wrong and disgusting but honestly… these two weren't normal, no, that was the biggest understatement she could possibly say.

She still didn't know if they were even human or not. Why should they be bound to such a thing as morals when they had such power and knowledge at their fingertips…?  As Sophia and Alexis's expressions changed from amusement to indifference, they said nothing.

‘Do you think we're monsters?' Looking up at Alexis, Claire shook her head, still silent as her mouth dried up. Why do they keep asking me this… do they think they are? The question had been asked over and over to her by them.

It seemed her answer kept changing, though. They were little angels, then horrific monsters, then strange children… now shameful lovers? No, they had no shame for what why did, why should they be ashamed?

Looking up at the twin's darkened face's, Claire shook her head once more. "I… I don't think I can answer you… Your, you're both beyond my comprehension… The things you do… can do, there not things any human could comprehend. I honestly don't know if this is just a dream or not. Maybe I'm actually in a coma and your both figments of my imagination." Claire chuckled dryly at that last part.

"To call you monsters, would be like trying to call a pebble a mountain or a puddle an ocean… You're both beyond my understanding…" Looking back up at their surprised faces, Claire smiled. "I still think you're different, though… but, different isn't a bad thing… not always…"

As a dead silence hung in the air around the three girls, a knocking on their door soon disturbed them out of there tranquility. "W-We, we'll be right down Mother…" Sophia called out before looking to her sister.

"L-Let's get ready to go… you're coming with us today as well Claire… it's a big day for you." Looking between the blondes Claire said nothing as she nodded. It seemed her answer was one not even they expected.

But she had kind of lied to them, though… She knew this was no dream…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire blushed furiously as she was cupped between Alexis and Sophia's hands. After a short breakfast from their still cold and indifferent mother, they had left in a pair of black and red dresses similar to the ones they had worn yesterday.

Apparently she was being taken back to the Daycare she had worked for briefly… she didn't know why, though, the twins wouldn't tell her. They did, however, enjoy playing quick games with her while they waited to arrive.

Currently, the brunette found her arms and legs pinned between their individual fingers as they moved between poking her breasts, caressing her lips, or grinding their digits between her thighs. All and all… this was humiliating!

Gritting her teeth, she struggled vigorously as she panted tiredly. It seemed it was the latter's turn, as she felt Sophia's finger rubbing up and down her jeans. She has her clothes returned to her like the twins said they would, now clean and folded.

However, the denim did little to protect her from the grinding finger, furiously trying to turn her on or chafe her thigh… she didn't know which one yet. ‘Hmm, you're already wet from us simply poking you Claire. Do you feel it building, your lust? How long, till you can't resist and just shove your hand down your pants to finish what we started?'

Glaring up at the fingers surrounding her, she ignored the voices in her mind. She wouldn't do something like that! Probably… Blushing, Claire shook her head once more. She was never one to touch herself, she always hated the feeling… and memories it brought, but right now she wanted nothing more than to do just that!

What had these little demons' done to her the night before?! As she felt the feeling around her stop along with the car's movements, she was quickly entrapped by one of the twin's hands before she felt her body being lifted upwards.

"Have a good day girl's." Hearing their mother's voice briefly, Claire wondered if they were there yet but she got her answer abruptly as Sophia's hand opened revealing which twin had been holding her to begin with.

As the brunette's eyes locked on the large Daycare logo painted across the front of the building, a sense of sadness washed over her. ‘You liked working here didn't you? Not like all those fakes and imitators…' Nodding in silence, Claire looked away.

Yesterday had been one of the best days she could remember in a long time… well until she was shrunken and taken hostage by seemingly inconceivable beings. Feeling a light flick of her head she scowled at Sophia but said nothing else as the twins took her into the large building.

As the twins entered it seemed like things had somehow been reset. Multiple adults walked around guiding, or helping different kids while others… Frowning now, Claire shook her head as she saw a couple teens texting on their phones at one of the desks.

As the twins red eyes locked onto the pair of teens in question, a slight shiver went down Claire's spine. ‘A-Are… Are you going to kill them to…?' Silence rang out in her mind giving her the answer she didn't want to know.

Stepping past the front entrance, both blondes turned their vision to another adult in question, one Claire recognized now too. "W-Wait, Meriam?" The manager she had met the day before was still there… Why didn't Sophia shrink her?

As their eyes looked up at the older woman, they said nothing. ‘She's the one who runs the Daycare; at least, she's the one we put in charge of it. Children can't own businesses, yet another thing that's vexing to us.' Claire stifled a laugh as she heard what could only be described as a pouting sigh in her mind.

As the older woman finished writing something down, she turned abruptly before her eyes met theirs. "Good morning Meriam, we trust the new employees have all arrived?" The older woman was quiet for a moment before nodding.

"Y-Yes, they all showed up…" Her tone was hollow and sounded full of spite. "Are you lying to us?" Sophia smirked somewhat as she saw the woman stiffen. "No, I didn't send anyone away…" Nodding, they both moved forward leaving the older woman to her own doings.

"She doesn't like you two, does she?" Claire commented offhandedly as she peeked over Sophia's fingers. "She's never liked us… or children for that matter. But she does what we say, so we ignore her… for now." Gulping at the implication, the brunette said nothing else as they ventured further in the building.

"Pretty lady!" Blinking in surprise, Claire's eyes lit up before she smiled seeing a familiar if slightly entertaining face.  "Hey Kat, it's good to see you again." The orange haired child jumped excitedly as she stared down at the shrunken girl with glee.

As Claire's eyes traveled over the giggling girl something occurred to her, though. "W-Wait… didn't, didn't you have cat ears before…" Kat suddenly stopped bouncing before looking at the twins. Nodding to the girl, she smiled before a small pair of orange ears folded out from her hair, making Claire jump slightly.

"Kat wasn't supposed to show people but Kat was excited yesterday when she saw you again pretty lady." The younger girl pouted with a slight plush. As Claire continued to look at the strange ears with interest a voice soon broke her out of her thoughts.

‘Just like Sophia can change her body, she can also alter others. Kathrine has always admired felines for their beauty, and we're more than happy to give her what she wanted. We're generous to our friends, you should remember that Claire.'

Looking up at Alexis, the blonde simply smiled down at her. Was she trying to bribe her? "Are you keeping the pretty lady? I'll take her if you don't want her." broken out of her thoughts, Claire looked at Kat in surprise before a protective hand was placed over her by Alexis.

"Sorry, but she's staying with us for now." As her ears folded back sadly, the orange haired girl simply nodded. Moving one of Alexis's fingers to the side so she could see, Claire smiled before waving to get the child's attention.

"By the way, K-Kat, It's Claire, you don't need to keep calling me pretty, pretty lady." She chuckled before rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. Kat looked back at Claire before giggling. "But Claire is a pretty lady." 

Blushing, Claire chuckled. She didn't mind it, she just wanted to throw that out there in case she didn't know. As the two continued to talk for a short while, Sophia and Alexis's eyes met before smiling. "Kat we need to talk."

Breaking her banter, the orange haired girl looked up at Sophia before nodding. "What do you want to talk about with Kat?" Smiling, she took her hand before walking way with the girl, leaving Claire alone with Alexis.

"Yet again you two split up… it still seems weird, almost like you were glued together until I saw it with my own eyes." Giggling, Alexis nodded. "That might be somewhat true. My sister and I have always been close together. When we're in the same room with one another, our power is at its strongest."

Nodding once more, Claire simply filed away that bit of information. You never know when you might need it. As Alexis walked to one of the rooms corners she turned away from all the children and adults before looking down at Claire.

"My sister plans on talking with our friends for a while. You get to stay with me for the day, how does that sound?" Claire smiled before shrugging her shoulders. "I don't think I have a choice now do I." As she saw a small frown form over Alexis's lips, the brunette quickly waved her hands.

"N-No, what I meant was I don't mind, honest. I didn't mean to offend you if I did…" Nodding, Alexis moved her hands to Claire before lifting her towards her chest. As the small girl looked around in surprise, she saw herself being moved to a small opening on the red and black dress.

"This should give you an ample view for the day, don't fall, though." As Claire was put into the warm silky cocoon, she craned her neck. The vantage point actually wasn't that bad. She could see all around her… and the ground below her…

‘S-She wasn't kidding…' a fall like that would kill her for sure. Gulping, Claire gripped the fabric surrounding her tightly. This seemed to please Alexis though as she leaned her neck down before resting a small kiss on the startled brunette's head.

"W-W-What was t-that for?!" Shrugging, Alexis simply smirked. "I wanted to kiss you because you're cute. Do I need another reason?" frowning, Claire lowered her head a bit to hide her crimson cheeks. It didn't seem to do much though considering her mind was always open to the blond child.

Turning back around, Alexis moved around the daycare bringing Claire along for the ride.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"Please do it! Kat loves the pretty lady!"

"Why would I ever side with them, their insects and she's no different? I would have thought, you'd know that better than anyone Kathrine, after all, how fair's your parents?" Lily smirked cruelly as a look of hurt played over the orange haired girls face.

"There's no need for that, you know that's a touchy subject for her," Sophia whispered darkly, her eyes glaring back at the raven haired girl. "You were the one who started this! If I need to make a point, I'll do it however I please. She's and adult! There not to be trusted."

Frowning Sophia drummed her fingers on the small table she and her friends currently sat at. "Claire isn't like others, she's special. My sister and I have looked into her thoroughly." Scoffing, Lily crossed her arms before looking to the others.

"What about you Kai, you can't possibly agree to this." The dark skinned brunette scratched her head embarrassed after being put on the spot. "W-Well… yea, I kind of have to agree with Lilith on this one. We don't know her, and you don't have any actual evidence she's different."

The young blond scrunched her hands beneath the table in annoyance before directing her eyes to May. "I think we could give her a chance. After all, she seemed pleasant enough to me yesterday." Smiling, Sophia nodded before looking back at her other two skeptical friends.

"Three-fifths agree to this." Glaring back at Sophia, Lily kept her arms crossed. "You can't change my mind. An adult is an adult. They never change." Rubbing her temple, the blonde sighed. This was going back and forth.

"May I propose something?" All eyes turned to May who smiled evenly before looking to each of them individually. "Lily and Kai have reservations against Claire because they don't know her and don't trust adults. I know in some manner we all don't but that's beside the point."

Looking back at Sophia now, May smiled. "You and Alexis have never steered us wrong with any of your decisions. So what I propose is simple. Let Claire prove to us she's who you believe she is." Sophia raised her brow prompting the pinkette to continue.

"Let us spend a day each with her. If by the end of the week she's proved to us she's different, then we agree to what you suggested. If not…" the quiet girl let the question hang causing the raven haired girl to smirk. "That sounds fair to me, as an act of good faith I'll even take her first." Lily chuckled before Sophia stood up angrily.

"You will do no such thing!" tension soon broke out between everyone as they stared at the two glaring girls. "Kat will take her first. Kat likes pretty lady…" Blinking, Sophia looked to the cowering younger girl before her posture lessened to a less hostile one.

"This idea you propose… Let me think it over with my sister." As each of the others nodded, minus Lily whose gaze stayed fixed on the blonde. Giving one last look to them, Sophia turned to leave. She had things to discuss privately…

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

"T-This, this is barbaric!"

"why must you spoil all the fun?"

 

Claire cupped her mouth feeling rather sick as she watched in disgust as Alexis flicked and flattened a poor boy that was no less than an inch. After finding the man *unworthy* she had him quickly shrunk before picking him up and abusing his mind.

Currently, the man was screaming in invisible pain as he tumbled back and forth blindly. She could only imagine what it was Alexis was making him see. "P-Please, stop, this is terrible!" Sighing, Alexis looked down at Claire with disinterest.

"Does a crime without punishment seem terrible to you? Should all convicted men be set free with not even a slap on the wrist?" the blond tsk'd before giving the man another hard flick sending him tumbling down.

Ducking into the pocket she was still currently riding in, Claire closed her eyes. She didn't want to keep seeing this, and she was positive it wouldn't stop. "Theft, assault, battery, it's shameful for a man like this to not be in prison. I guess it's our job to do what other adults cannot.'

Biting her lower lip, Claire tried not to look but her morbid curiosity was getting the better of her. Peeking out from the top of the pocket, she looked down at the man in Alexis's hands as the blond walked somewhere with him.

‘If you think I shouldn't judge him fine. I'll let someone else judge him… somewhat innocent.' Looking around Claire blinked in surprise as she saw Claire standing over a young girl most likely three or four. She had light brown hair down to her shoulders and wore what looked like a small sundress.

"What are you playing?" Alexis smiled cheerfully as the girl looked up. Turning her head to the blond she lifted up a small stuffed animal making Alexis giggle. "That's a cute toy, what is it, a bear, Cat?" The little girl smiled before lifting it up for Sophia to see.

"Ahh, it was a bear. It's a cute little teddy. Would you like to trade toys by chance?" Claire's eyes slowly began to widen. She couldn't possibly mean what she thinks she did. Kneeling down slowly, Alexis giggled as she opened her hand to the little girl.

As the child's eyes landed on the small man crawling around in pain, she giggled as well. "Buggy?" Shaking her head, Alexis poked the man, flipping him over. "Oh no, it's a fairy. I caught him myself. They just love to play. Would you like to play with him?"

The girl's eyes lit up before she nodded. Chuckling quietly, Alexis flipped her hand letting the small man plummet into the little girl's hands. "Make sure to play a lot, ok? They love playing rough as well." The little girl nodded before hugging the shrunken man, completely oblivious to the pain she was giving him.

As Alexis stood up, she smirked down at Claire who continued to cup her mouth in horror as she watched the little girl laughing as she poked and played with the tiny man. "S-She… she thinks he, he's a toy…" Nodding, Alexis turned to leave.

"I'll let her decide his fate." Claire just stood still in silent shock as she imagined just what the little girl was doing with the man… this was horrible… ‘I can't punish them myself, I can't let somewhat innocent punish them either… there's simply no pleasing you is there?'

Glaring up at Alexis Claire clenched her fists in anger. "He didn't deserve that!" ‘All adults deserve worse! I gave him mercy…' The voice in her mind echoed bitterly before going quietly. ‘You need to start understanding this Claire… not everyone is as innocent as you seem to believe them to be.'

Flopping down in her prison, the brunette said nothing more. She was still too shocked after what she just witnessed. As Alexis looked around, choosing to ignore Claire, for now, she watched the varies adults around her with irritation.

She'd have plenty of time to show Claire the error of her ways… and demonstration was probably the best. ‘Pay attention… ‘Wiping her eyes away from the slight tears staining her cheeks, Claire looked up before crawling to see what Alexis meant.

As the blond moved to the far wall for the daycare, she stood in front of a man with a rather haggard look to him. "Excuse me…" Claire blinked as she heard the tone Alexis spoke in… it sounded like that of a child’s… it was what she expected the girl to sounds like to begin with. It wasn't anything like the chilling one she knew now.

As the man looked down at Alexis he scowled. "Yea, what's up?" Smiling Alexis lowered her hand to her pocket before pulling something out. "My mommy said to give this to the daycare worker, it's my admit, admetas? Admittance fee!" she chirped happily after mispronouncing the word a few times.

As the man's eyes landed on the small rolled up wad of cash he nearly choked as she saw how much it was. Claire as well looked surprised to see Alexis with it. Why was she carrying a row of hundreds on her?! As the man continued to stare at it, he was soon drawn out of his shock my Alexis's voice.

"You are the daycare manager guy, right?" She tilted her head ever so slightly to the side, further giving her an innocent appearance. Grinning the man nodded as he reached for the money. "Y-Yea, that's me, I'm the manager. I'll make sure I put this away for you little girl."

Smiling, Alexis tilted her face down before smirking at Claire. "Are you sure you're the manager? Mommy told me not to give it to anyone else." Chuckling the man nodded. "Yea, smart woman. Here, hand it over already and I'll make sure it's kept nice and safe."

As his hand neared the large sum of bills, Alexis's hand shot back before she glared at the man, her red iris's shining somewhat. "Pathetic. Greed and deceit, I'd expect no less from a common purse snatcher. Tell me does the daycare know you currently have two warrants and a charged DUI just from last week alone?"

The man froze as he stared down at the child in shock before it turned into anger. "H-Hey, what the hell is this how do you know-"Before he could finish his mouth suddenly tightened before he began to stagger.

"You see Claire, you can't judge someone innocent from just the way they look, albeit he looked rather deviant to begin with but none the less I stand by my statement." She chuckled quietly before raising her hand.

"And now I sentence him since he chose not to be judged by the adults to begin with." Snapping her fingers the man continued to stagger before falling to the ground unconscious. ‘w-what on earth...' She was just proven wrong… could she have really been that wrong about a person?

N-No, people… even lowlifes like this… they didn't deserve whatever Alexis planned to do with him… Growling quietly, almost too low for Claire to hear, if she hadn't been directly under her, Alexis snapped her fingers before the man's body slowly began to dwindle.

It wasn't as shocking the second time. At first, she wondered how Alexis could shrink someone without her sister but after the first time, it became simple to figure out. As long as Alexis kept close range to her sister, then Sophia could use her powers close range as well.

She must have told her to shrink the man. The powers they had even apart were still terrifying none the less. Glaring down with no remorse, Alexis moved to pick up the man, just half an inch this time before dangling him in front of Claire.

"He wanted to steal from me… and you know what would have happened if I didn't give him the money he wanted?" Shaking her head slowly, Claire gulped in fear as she watched the blondes fingers pinching the man painfully tight.

"He would have to lead me to the back of the daycare, and tried to have taken it forcefully. Do you think, I can only see one aspect of a person? I can see everything, thoughts, actions, and intentions." She spat angrily at the brunette before walking away.

"Yet you still think preaching there innocent is fine, when you, yourself don't even know what makes them guilty or innocent to begin with." Claire lowered her body down in the pocket feeling much small… well, smaller than she was.

Being talked down to and berated… it felt really bad coming from Alexis. "If you continue to try and tell me or Sophia who and who isn't guilty… we could move onto you instead." Claire shivered but said nothing else, in fear of angering the child.

 As horrible as it sounded… she had a point. Who was she to say if someone she didn't know deserved something or not… she still didn't like it… bit it wasn't her place. Frowning, Alexis took a deep breathe before smiling quietly.

"You've seen this man, you've seen him guilty. Once again I'll give him a fair chance to avoid punishment. How does that sound?" Feeling her stomach beginning to drop at the mention of *fair*, Claire said nothing and chose to not intervene.

Moving to the other end of the room, Alexis entered a small kitchen where the staff served snacks for thee varies children there. As she moved to the fridge, she opened it before looking around for a moment. "This should do nicely."

Once again, Claire felt her morbid curiosity getting the better of her. She really had to reel it in… Peeking out over the small cloth, the brunette watched in silence as Alexis held a small carton of milk as she walked back into the play area of the daycare.

Looking around, Sophia's eyes soon landed on a little girl alone in the corner playing with blocks. Smiling, she made her way over to the girl before standing across from her. "That's a beautiful building you have there. Truly it's pretty." She chirped making the girl look up from her construction.

"Thank ou, my names Abby." She waved before grinning innocently. "I'm aware. I'm also aware you're hungry." Moving her hand around, she showed the girl the small carton of milk before opening it for her. "The adults here don't pay much attention to us. If you need something, come to me alright."

As she handed the carton to the girl, the little redhead looked up with big eyes before grinning. "Thank ou!" As Claire watched in silence a small smile made its way to her lips. It was like Alexis was their guardian of sorts… when one of the kids needed something she went and helped them.

This wasn't the first time she noticed it but now it made sense. Yesterday she saw the twins briefly wandering back and forth around the daycare helping other children as well. They knew when they needed something before they did…

‘It's our jobs. We look out for our own.' Looking back up at Alexis, Claire smiled quietly before something occurred to her. As the little brunette looked around she didn't see the man Alexis had shrank, he was gone!

‘Oops, I must have lost him somewhere. Perhaps Abby knows.' With widened eyes, Claire looked to the young girl as she drank from the carton of milk the blonde had given her. "Y-You… you didn't…" "I did," Claire felt sick to her stomach now as she watched the girl tipping the carton all the way back before finishing it off… along with the unaware man.

When he woke up, it wouldn't be where he expected… if he woke up at all… Looking back at Alexis, Claire shivered in fear. "It seems Abby gave him his sentence. And you can't dispute someone as innocent as her can you?" Chuckling quietly, Alexis moved away towards another part of the daycare leaving Claire to shutter in disgust and fear.

The day was only just beginning; though… what other horrors did Alexis plan on her to see?

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Claire gripped her knees into her chest as her eyes beaded. The day had only gotten worse from that last incident. She had seen Alexis shrink three others; each meeting unimaginable and humiliating ends…

The first one had been buried in the sand up to his head in front of a girl outside who was digging around him. It was brief but she saw the girl giggling as she buried him deeper… and deeper…

The next was even worse. Alexis had once again gone to the kitchen before grabbing a small zipped bag of cheerios. Tossing the man inside it, she gave it to a small group of girls who were all reaching into the bag together. She didn’t know which one got him but she could hear the giggling gleeful laughter in her mind when it happened.

Finally the last man was even worse than that. Apparently he was the worst, and Alexis saved him for last. While one of the girls was being changed by Meriam, Alexis had tossed the shrunken man into the girls’ new pull up. He probably wasn’t dead but what was waiting had to be worse than death…

Shaking her head, Claire just buried her face into her knees. She wanted this day to just end. ‘It will, soon enough Claire. Sophia’s coming back she has something to tell you.’ Resting her eyes over her hands, the shrunken girl nodded, knowing Alexis could tell when she was paying attention.

As she got to her feet to look out over her pocket, she was met by Alexis’s hand which gently lifted her out.  As they turned the corner together, Sophia sat at a small secluded table near the far corner of the daycare, a troubled look across her face.

As her sister sat down, the blonde looked to her before directing her attention to Claire. “Do you trust us?” the brunette looked up at her somewhat surprised. “I kind of have to, it’s not like I have much of a choice…” Frowning, both blondes looked to one another before directing there attention to Claire once more.

“But do you trust our judgement, trust that we won’t hurt you.” Licking her lips, having them feeling suddenly dry, Claire looked back at Sophia before slowly nodding her head. “Y-You… you could have hurt me already if you wanted to… so I guess I trust you two… w-why, why are you asking me this though?”

As Sophia looked away, Claire’s eyes traveled to Alexis who had a similar, trouble look present. Something felt really wrong. These two weren’t troubled by anything. “Our friends, they don’t trust you, they don’t understand you.”

The shrunken girl’s eyes widened. What did she do to them to make them not like her? “It’s not you in particular Claire… your just an adult.” Feeling a hollow pain in her chest, Claire lowered her gaze suddenly. ‘They don’t like me just because I’m an adult… but, but they don’t even know me.’

Both blondes nodded slowly. “They don’t know you, that’s why they need to get the chance to.” Looking back up at Sophia, a feeling of fear started to creep over her. “Starting today, we want you to go with each of our friends for a night, and get them to know you like we have.”

Time seemingly slowed for the tiny brunette. What they were telling her… was she had to be passed between multiple children, she had just recently witnessed kill multiple shrunken men and women… like herself…

As terror began to spread through her, her pleading eyes looked up into Sophia’s, begging. “Y-Y-You, you can’t… they’ll kill me…” her eyes began to water as tears leaked down her cheeks. The twins were one thing, but their friends weren’t like them…

Both blondes looked away with mixed expressions. ‘It has to be done Claire. They won’t accept you if they don’t understand you. We asked if you trusted us, so trust that we know what we’re doing.’ Claire shivered in fear, Alexis’s words not helping to ease her one bit.

As both blondes stared down at Claire’s crying form, a pang of pity passed between them. “We promise you, if something happens that doesn’t please them, we will intervene. You must, trust, us.” Her words were firm, they radiated veracity.

Feeling a gentle warm surrounding her now, Claire sniffled as she opened her eyes to see the twins cupping her in each other’s hands. “We won’t let you die Claire. You asked us yesterday what made you special, we still don’t know ourselves, but we want to find that out. Until a time where we’ve made up our mind about you come’s, you’re under our protection.”

As the shrunken girls body was moved apart, she stared up tearfully as Sophia’s index finger extended to her chest. “We don’t break our promises.” As she was tapped, the warm she felt from them radiated through her core once more causing her panic, her fear, and all her negative emotions to slip away and be replaced with comforting ones.

Both Alexis and Sophia smiled calmly now as they saw the brunette panting quietly, no longer feeling the anxiety they had caused by their words. She was at peace now. Removing her finger from the girl, Sophia cast a knowing smile to Alexis before she smiled back.

“You won’t be harmed. As long as you trust us, you won’t die.” As Claire’s eyes slowly opened she nodded promptly. ‘I… I t-trust you, both of you…’ Both twins smirked before pushing Claire up again so she could stand.

“Now, there are things you need to know before you do this, things that will keep you alive.” Sophia said sternly, causing the brunette to nod quickly. “Good, now listen close. What we tell you now could mean the difference you need to survive.”

Gulping in fear, Claire nodded once more. They wanted her to prove herself after all. She’d do just that… or at least try her hardest to…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

As children all around began leaving the daycare for the day, a small group, differing in every way stood near the entrance as they waited for the last two of their group to show up. “So do you think they’ll agree to this? They seem really attached to their new plaything.”

Frowning at Kai’s blunt way of putting it, May nodded, knowing there was some truth to her words. “I think they will. They like her a lot after all. When was the last time they ever liked an adult?” Kat grinned before bouncing in excitement.

“Pretty lady is different! She was nice to Kat.” Scoffing, Lily flipped her bangs to the side as she crossed her arms. “This is pointless and you all know it. She can’t prove to us anything we don’t already know. An adult is the same, regardless of who they are. There all bugs after all.”

As her ears folded back, Kat seemed to feel saddened at hearing that. “But what if she is different? Sophia and Alexis aren’t ones to make rash decisions after all,” May cut in with a small smile. A quiet nod spread out through the group, minus the raven haired child, who looked unsettled by the whole affair to begin with.

As they continued to talk amongst themselves their eyes soon locked on the side door of the daycare opening as the two blondes in question moved towards them. ‘Do you remember everything we’ve told you?’ Alexis whispered sternly in the brunettes mind.

With a quick nod, she put on her bravest face before she was presented in front of their whole group. “We’ve decided that you are right May. If you all want to know Claire as we have, then it’s only right you get to be with her as you see fit. For the next week, you will all get a chance to get to know her, but at the end of the week, we want to know what you think of her.”

Sophia commanded sternly making the others nod. “That seems quite fair. Have you decided who will get to spend time with her first?” May inquired quietly with a small smile. Nodding, both twins pointed to each of them in order.

“Kat gets her first, next you get her May. After that you get her next Kai… and finally you get her last… Lily.” The raven haired child didn’t seem phased by being the last. She half expected them to skip her entirely.

“Yay!” Kat cheered quickly as her orange tail swished back and forth in excitement. As they others looked between them, they all nodded. “Do you all agree with our arrangement?” As a round of nods came, all eyes landed on Lily now who still kept a firm gaze on Claire.

“I can’t promise she’ll live if you give her to me…” Her tone wasn’t exactly a threat… it was more a silent warning to the blondes who in turn nodded. “We know, but you need to see for yourself why we think she’s different. She might surprise you as well.” Sophia smirked causing the child to scoff.

“Then I agree. You better start praying bug.” Sending a glare back at Lily, Claire remained quiet. She had a feeling when the day came she was given to her she should probably not try to pick a fight with her… it might be her last.

As Alexis extended her hands towards Kat, the youngest girl looked to Claire before her eyes looked back up to the twin’s questioningly. “Yes Kat, you may take her now.” Smiling, the girl extended both her hands eagerly, causing the brunette to smile.

She didn’t have to worry too much about her… it was the other’s she didn’t know about. As Claire stepped off Alexis’s hand and onto Kat’s, the warm feeling present started to vanish as she felt her trepidation from before beginning to surface again.

‘Just relax. You have nothing to fear from Kat. She is our most loyal friend and won’t do anything to harm you unless we told her to… we didn’t tell her to.’ Alexis smirked making sure to add that last part in for Claire’s comfort.

Nodding subtly, the brunette looked up at Kat’s large emerald eyes as she was stared at intently. “Kat promises to take good care of you like you did for Kat.” Smiling, Claire nodded as she stared back at the young girl. She did feel safe with her. It wasn’t like with the twins, they radiated authority and comfort.

With the orange haired child it was more like playfulness and reverent. She would be just fine… probably. As Kat pulled her hands back to cuddle Claire into her chest, she cast her vision back to the twins who seemed to be fidgeting slightly.

“With that in order, that will end the day for us. We will see you all tomorrow. I trust you’ll be prepared to receive Claire in the afternoon May?” the pinkette nodded happily. “I’ll start preparing a spot for her tonight.”

As their red eyes landed on each of the girls they all quietly nodded before the twins turned to leave. “Have a good night then.” And like that each of the girls started to disband leaving just Kat and Claire alone now.

“Pretty lady?” Looking up, Claire grinned before rubbing the younger girl’s palm. “What’s up?” Fidgeting slightly, Kat leaned down before her face rested just inches from Claire. “Kat promises to keep you safe.” As she leaned closer the brunette raised an eyebrow before gasping as her face we met with a deep kiss from the orange haired neko child.

As she pulled back quickly, a blush mirrored both their faces, Claire’s more prominent then the latter’s. Focusing her eyes after the spontaneous kiss, the brunette shivered as she felt a foreign feeling run through her, making her blush deeper. “W-W-What, what was that f-for?”

Smiling happily Kat giggled before hugging Claire into her chest once again. “Kat wanted to make the pretty lady feel safe. Kat loves you nice lady.” As she was smothered by the small child, her blush grew further.

‘M-M-Maybe this won’t be as simple as I had first planned…’

 

 

End Notes:

And now the story takes a turn to some of the other girls.

I hope you're ready to see each of there personalities and kinks

I'll try to get the next chapter finished as soon as I can.

 

Kat toy by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello all, i'm proud to give you the next chapter so soon!

Yea... did it all by myself... yea... ok i lied...

I want to thank Franchise Writer fro his help with this chapter. After i told him i wanted the next one to be up sooner then... well a month, he offered to help me with the plot, grammer, and writing... wait what did I do?

Never mind that... but if you don't like this chapter, remember it's his fault not mine :D

 

Franchise Writer: Dick... -.-

Me: <3

 

Enjoy!

 

Claire’s eyes were lost currently as her mind drifted away from her. After she left the daycare with Kat, things seemed to get strange rather quickly. They had waited for a short time for someone to come pick them up before after about a half hour a car finally did.

It only got stranger from there however. Once Kat entered, Claire could see two people sitting unusually still. She assumed they were her parents but they made no outward attempts to greet their daughter or even acknowledge her.

The younger girl didn’t seem to notice though. She simply got in and hummed quietly to herself as they drove off. Feeling a nagging sensation in the back of her mind, the brunette thought back about what she had been told before she was handed over to the orange haired neko.

“’Kat likes orders. She listens to them without question and never steps out of line before any are given. It’s just her personality, she likes being controlled, and we’ll leave as to why alone for now. While you’re with her, if she does something you’re not comfortable with, just be stern with her and she’ll obey. However… whatever you do, no matter how curious you might be… do not attempt to talk to, about, or with her parents… the results… are unknown to us…’”

Peeking through the young girl’s loose finger, Claire shivered. She saw the parents in question Alexis had warned her about… they seemed so… off. It was like they weren’t aware of what was going on around them. Feeling herself suddenly tumble into Kat’s closed fingers, the little brunette blinked realizing they had stopped.

Kat pulled open her door before cradling Claire gently in her hands. “Welcome home nice lady!” Her tone was filled with excitement, much to Claire’s embarrassment. She still couldn’t get the girl to call her by her name for some reason.

As she looked outwards once more, the shrunken girl looked somewhat surprised. She knew this street. It was the same road she had once used to walk to the daycare. She didn’t own a car, and at the moment a bike was out of the question as well, so she always ran to where she needed to go.

She had to have passed this building half a dozen times. It was a large three storing apartment complex that had a rather worn down look to it. It must have been very old for that matter as well considering the bedrock and bricks used for the base of it, had roots and other assorted foliage growing out of it.

The other thing that caught her eye was the large oak tree right outside the entrance. As Claire looked at it, a small, nostalgic smile made its way to her lips. ‘This was where I got her cat down from.’ The tree was just as old as the building, if not older.

She was lucky it was easy enough to climb. It was also lucky she stopped to begin with… if she hadn’t, who knew what would have become of her. Strange how one random act of kindness for little girl saved her from another’s punishment.

As Kat watched Claire’s far off expression, she poked her gently. “Pretty lady? Are you ok… you aren’t talking to Kat.” She pouted, bringing the brunette back to reality.  “Y-Yea… I guess I just got sidetracked… this was where we first met after all.”

Looking to where Claire’s eyes were, Kat smiled as well. “Kat can’t climb… she doesn’t have claws like Mittens. Kat’s secretly jealous…” She admitted sheepishly making Claire blink in surprise. “M-Mittens?” Nodding, the younger girl pointed back to the apartment behind them.

“Mittens is Kat’s cat you saved. He likes to climb things that Kat can’t climb herself… he can be mean…” Chuckling at the pout the younger girl wore, Claire just shook her head. “Well with a tail and ears like yours I’m sure claws will eventually find their way on your hands.”

She meant it as a joke more than anything but the little girls eyes lit up none the less. “Really?! Yah! Kat wants claws to!” As the hyper child continued to bounce for a moment, Claire clung to her somewhat startled as she was tossed around.

“K-K-KAT, H-Hey, I’m still on here!” the young neko quickly stopped bouncing before a blush adorned her face. “Sorry nice lady, Kat forgot…” Panting, after having nearly been thrown off, Claire just waved her hand. “D-Don’t sweat it… Just, try not to do it again…”

She nearly had a heart attack. A fall like this was still dangerous, probably not lethal, but dangerous none the less. After a small moment of silence as Kat continued to stare off she was brought back by the shrunken girl’s movements.

“Are, are we going to go inside? I’m sure a cat girl and a living doll might draw some unwanted attention…” how people didn’t see Kat to begin with was still confusing to her. She’d have thought the twins would want to keep a low profile with what they were doing.

“Alright nice lady, but you don’t need to worry about Kat… people don’t see them, only people I like can see Kat…” The statement made Claire blink in confusion. How could people who she liked only see her? She saw her the first day they met after all.

Shaking her head, she just ignored it. She had other things she needed to do for now anyways.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire watched in silence as she was taken through the ratty apartment building. This place was horrible! How could anyone live here at all? After ascending to the third floor, Kat stepped towards a door cracked open.

“This is Kat’s home, I hope you like it…” She whispered the last part almost too quiet for the brunette to hear, had she not been right beneath her lips. Once the door was opened, Claire could only gasp in silent revulsion.

The place… it was horrific… Stacks of random papers littered the floors. Empty beer bottles and cans were scattered around. Trash was piled up in mounds in the corner of one of the rooms. Who could raise a child in this?!

Kat didn’t seem to notice though as she kept a neutral expression, simply walking past it all, down a long, darkly lit hallway. The light at the end of it, flickered, clearly telling her the bulbs hadn’t been changed recently… or ever.

As Kat moved one of her hands away from Claire, she reached up before gently turning the knob to one of the rooms. “This is Kat’s bedroom.” Half expecting to see something just as bad, Claire was pleasantly surprised as she saw the room, (while still ratty and worn down) clean… well cleaner than the other rooms of the apartment so far.

Resting in the corner of the room was a small cot, not a bed… just a cot. Near it sat a turned milk crate the girl was currently using for a table, along with a few cardboard boxes that looked to be stacked like some kind of a makeshift dresser.

There were toys as well, quite a few of them from what Claire could tell, but they all looked dirty and worn as well. All and all… it was somewhat heartbreaking for her to look at. ‘What on earth…’ Noticing her guest’s taciturn expression, Kat took the initiative to speak up.

“Do you like Kat’s room?” blinking a few more times, hoping to see the place shatter and be replaced with some kind of fancy reality the twins could make her see, Claire nodded unconsciously as nothing happened. This was really her room…

Smiling Kat took her acknowledgement as a yes. “I-It’s… It’s not what I expected… Sophia and Alexis, t-they…” Claire just shook her head. It was quite the leap. They said they took care of their friends. Did they know Kat lived like this?

As Claire felt herself being moved forward, she was brought back from her silent judgement as Kat moved her towards her nightstand. “Someone wants to say thank you to you nice lady.” Looking up at Kat confused, she watched the girl move to the side of her room, where a few more boxes lay, scattered around, although these ones seemed to be placed purposefully unorganized.

Kneeling down, Kat’s tail flicked back and forth for a moment before she nodded. Stepping back, Claire watched quietly before almost jumping in freight as a small kitten bounced out of the box before charging towards her.

Falling back on her butt, the shrunken girl nearly screamed as the cat stopped right in front of her, before watching her with its slanted eyes. “This is Mittens. Do you remember him?” Shivering in fear by the colossal feline, a spark of recollection triggered making her nod unconsciously.

He did seem familiar and she knew why. His black ashen fur and white paws made sure of that. Smiling somewhat frightened still, Claire waved to the cat before crawling back slowly. “Y-Y-Yes… I remember… M-Mittens…”

As Kat watched Claire for a moment her eyes widened. “N-No, pretty lady don’t be scared, Kat told him you are Kat’s friend. Mittens won’t hurt you!” As Claire kept her eyes on the large kittens curious eyes, she slowed her movements but prepared to run if need be. It was still a freaking cat! They were known to play with things smaller than them… like her.

As the cat sat down in front of Claire, its head turned to the side before it mewed. “Mitten’s said he likes you.” Looking back at Kat incredulous, Claire just shook her head. “You can understand him…?” Nodding Kat smiled.

“Kat can’t talk to him, but Kat can tell what he’s feeling. He won’t hurt you, he remembers you.” As the kitten stood back up it started walking towards Claire making her shiver with fear. Nearly screaming as the cat jumped up on the boxes she was on, she continued to back away from it before it stood over her with its tail flicking back and forth.

“K-K-KAT, H-Help!” the younger girl pouted before walking over to her. “He just wants your scent. You don’t smell like Kat.” As the large feline’s face moved closer to her much small body, Claire shuttered before closing her eyes… however…

As she felt something soft brushing her body, she peeked open an eye before they widened. The cat was now lying next to her as it rubbed its whiskers over her legs. “He’s marking you, Kat told you he likes you.” The younger girl huffed before crossing her arms.

‘I… I think I’m going to pass out…’ That had probably been the most terrifying thing she ever experienced. Shrunken by children and being turned into their pet, was a close second. The kitten purred quietly as it continued to rub its face against Claire making the brunette smile slowly.

It was acting harmless to her…then again, a cat was a cat. They played with their food before eating it… Taking a deep breath, she chose to trust Kat. She gave her word she’d protect her… she just had to trust her… it wasn’t like she was in a position not to.

Reaching her arm out gradually, Claire eventually touched the cat’s soft fur before smiling. As it purred it made her whole body shake slowly by its subtle vibrations, it was kind of nice. Kat grinned happily before kneeling down next to them.

“Do you trust Mittens now pretty lady? He won’t hurt you.” Nodding, Claire moved her other hand over to the large kitten as she stroked its fur softly. “Sorry… both to you and, Mittens. I should have trusted you…”

Grinning Kat nodded before joining in as she pet her cat happily. The whole scene felt rather surreal. It was like she was petting a tiger or a large mountain cat but, there was no fear where it should have been. As the kitten yawned quietly, Kat moved to pick him up.

“Mitten’s is tired. He didn’t get his full 18 hours of sleep.” Chuckling, Claire nodded before waving to the cat. As the young girl moved to put the kitten back in its box fort, Claire watched her quietly before her smile began to drop.

‘How can she be so… gentle? Growing up in a place like this, her demeanor, the way she acted and talked… it just seemed so out of place. What made her act the way she did? So kind, and caring… yet ruthless and cruel seemingly from nowhere.

As images of the man, Kat chewed up and ate passed through her mind, Claire shivered. Her dark, horrific expression was what she’d expect from someone who lived in a place like this to have but… that wasn’t Kat, or, at least not the one she had just witnessed or got to know.

‘I, I want to know more…’ It was what she was here for after all. “Hey Kat?” Peeking her head back, the younger girl looked at Claire before giving her kitten a few more pets. As she stood up and moved towards her, Claire tried to figure out the best way to phrase her questions… with as many as she had though, that was going to be a challenge.

“What is it pretty lady?” Pacing slowly, Claire smiled before pointing to the cot. “How about we talk for a while… I’d like to get to know you, is that alright?” The younger girl paused for a moment before nodding. “Ok”.

As she moved to the small mat, she turned towards Claire before they both sat down across from one another. What does the pretty lady want to know?” Biting her lip, Claire thought it over for a moment. “Well… Is Kat a nickname? I’ve been calling you that for a while but I never asked if it was your real name or not.”

The girl blinked clearly confused before her gaze turned downward. “Kat is Kat.” ‘Well… that was different.’ Her tone darkened slightly giving her the impression the younger girl either didn’t know or didn’t want to talk about her name. Why though?

Twiddling her thumbs for a moment, she decided to try a different approach. “How long have you known Mittens?” Immediately the girl looked up with a much happier expression, making the brunette smile. “Kat and Mittens have known each other for months! He’s Kats best friend.”

Raising her brow, she sent a glance to the sleeping kitten before her attention was back on the young neko. “What about Sophia and Alexis? How long have you known them?” Raising a finger to her lips, like she had seen a lot of children do when they were deep in thought, Kat shrugged.

“Kat’s known them for a year. Their nice to Kat.” Claire silently nodded as she looked at the admiration shining over the young girls face. She had to revere them highly. “Aren’t they your best friends though?” As Kat opened her mouth to speak, her words died as she looked confused.

“M-Mittens is b-but Kat… No, Sophia and… and…” Claire frowned having somehow overloaded the girls mind with her simple question. This might be a bigger challenge then she thought. “It’s alright, I know what you mean.”

The younger girl didn’t respond for a moment as her lips seemingly moved with no words coming out. “Kat?” Blinking, the younger girl looked up seemingly absent before she smiled. “Yes pretty lady?” what on earth was going on in her mind?

“Let’s try something else… how about your favorite color?” Grinning, the young neko pulled her tail from behind her before stroking it. “Orange!” ‘I should have guessed, it’s only on her head and tail…’ Blinking, Claire almost palmed her forehead having not asked the first question she ever wondered about the girl.

“When did you get your… extra, features?” Kat looked down at the little brunette puzzled before she pointed to where cat ears would be on her head. “Oh, these are gifts. Sophia and Alexis gave me them when I joined. Kat’s grateful for it, Kat loves them.”

Kind of vague… this wasn’t getting her very far. It seemed like whatever she asked either confused the girl or she somehow redirected it making the question null and void. “Can Kat ask the pretty lady something?”

Looking back up, Claire nodded. “Why does pretty lady want to know about Kat… no one’s ever talked to Kat without wanting something from her? What do you want from Kat pretty lady?” Her tone was dark, along with her eyes growing darker. It was unnerving to see her carefree expression fade to be replaced with this one.

Claire just blinked at the question. “I want to get to know you Kat. That’s why I’m here after all.” Kat remained emotionless for a moment, as if studying her before she stood up abruptly. “Kat needs to go somewhere… Kat will, be back soon, pretty lady…”

As the young girl turned to leave, Claire stood at the spot she had just been in perplexed. Did she say something wrong? Frowning, the brunette laid back against the small crate she was on as she waited for the younger girl to return.

As seconds soon grew into minutes and minutes into almost an hour, she began to worry. ‘Did I really say something to make her this upset? I don’t understand what…’ Sighing, she turned to her side as she lay there tiredly.

This was driving her insane. Almost another full hour later, the door to the room opened once again as Kat returned. Looking up, Claire’s eyes widened as she saw the young girls orange locks in disarray along with her already haggard dress now smeared and smudged. What the hell was she doing?!

“Kat are you alright?!” Blinking, the young neko looked at Claire’s troubled expression before smiling. “Kat is fine. Dinner’s ready nice lady, are you hungry?” Recoiling back almost has if hit, Claire just looked up at the girl confused.

“I… I guess, b-but Kat, talk to me what happened, you look like you fell into a trash chute. Are you really alright?” The young girl didn’t bat an eyelash at the comment though instead she chose to simply walk over to Claire before picking her up.

“I hope you like rice. I made soup to, but I don’t have anything for you to eat it from.” The neko pouted as she carried Claire outside her room and down her dirtied apartment. ‘I get the feeling she’s not going to talk to me unless she wants to…’ Sighing, Claire decided to inquire about it later. She actually was kind of hungry, it had been almost a day since she last ate… odd that she hadn’t noticed.

Come to think of it, she wasn’t very hungry or thirsty since she shrunk… just kind of puckish really. She didn’t need to go to the bathroom either, and she hadn’t gone since the twins had shrunk her. What the heck did they do to her body? ‘Maybe it’s easier from them to take care of someone if they don’t have those kinds of needs?’

Shaking her head, Claire just sighed once more. There was so much she didn’t understand still. As Kat rounded a corner, she moved to a large table with multiple bottles and other open contains littering it. Setting her down, Kat moved to the side of the room, one with poor tastes could barely call kitchen.

It was only a few feet wide with only a small fridge, a stove, and a sink, all cramped next to one another. For someone like Kat it was big enough but how did her parents get in there and cook? Wait… As Claire looked around it finally dawned on her.

“Where are her parents…” Hearing something clatter, the brunette looked up before she felt the hair on the back of her neck rise. Standing as stiff as a board, Kat stood over a small bowl now cracked from being dropped as she shook lightly.

“M-M-My… My p-parents…” Cupping her mouth, Claire cursed in her mind. She was warned never to mention them repeatedly and she just did… “N-N-No, I… I didn’t m-mean yours… I, I was thinking about m-mine…”

Even to her that sounded like a lame excuse but it seemed like Kat didn’t notice. As her body loosed up a bit, the young girl kneeled down before picking up the bowl of spilled food. “Kat can be clumsy sometimes,” She giggled before moving the bowl to the side where the sink was.

“Good thing Kat made a lot…” As she picked up an empty (and hopefully clean) bowl lying near the stove, she quickly scooped in a few spoonful’s of plain rice before grabbing some of the soup she made as well.

After she made herself a bowl, she went over to the table before setting it near Claire. “Let Kat get you a plate to.” Walking back in, the brunette watched her before a troubling thought presented itself. The place was a mess… She seemingly cooked on her own… and her parents were nowhere in sight…

As the young girl moved to sit down, she stopped to place a small plate in front of Claire with a large (to her) portion of plain rice on it. “I hope it tastes ok, Kat wanted to try something new.” Nodding, Claire continued to watch the girl silently as she ate.

She didn’t really use manners either. She was just scarfing down the food, further making her speculation seem true. As she continued to sit there, the girl’s eyes soon landed on Claire. “Are you going to eat to pretty lady? I made the food special for you, do you not like it?”

Frowning, Claire moved towards the rice before eating a bit of it. It was bland, but then again she didn’t expect much. It was rice after all. But it did seem to make the young girl happy as she watched Claire eating.

As they both at, one in silence, the other loudly, they soon finished at about the same time. With a content burp, Kat giggled before taking her bowl back into the filthy kitchen. “Did you like it?” Rubbing her hands off on her jeans, Claire nodded.

“It was good Kat… Do you mind if I ask you something though?” the neko looked back as her tail swished back and forth curiously. “What is it nice lady?” Biting her lip, she shook her head. “N-Not here, back in your room if that’s ok?”

As Kat wiped her own hands off, she looked at Claire curiously before nodding. Moving back to the table she picked up the brunette before walking her back to her room. Knowing she didn’t have much time, the shrunken girls eyes zoned in on something, anything to prove her theory wrong… she couldn’t.

As Kat moved back into her room, she placed Claire on her small cot, before sitting down on the other end. “What did you want to ask Kat?” On a final attempt to prove herself wrong, Claire looked Kat over closely, her indifferent expression soon fading into sadness.

“You live alone… don’t you Kat?” the girl jumped back, almost like she was hit. “W-W-What, what does pretty lady mean? Kat’s not alone, she has Mittens!” She pointed to her sleeping kitten before Claire shook her head.

“You know what I mean… you live here alone, without anyone else.” A look of fear passed over Kat’s face as she tried to process what Claire was saying, as if it were a different language. “The apartment is filthy, you’re cooking your own food and you’re only four or five… Your body… even with how you’re keeping it is still dirty to, meaning you haven’t bathed in a while… and I didn’t see a single picture on the walls or around the house of you, or anyone for that matter. You’ve been living alone…”

Kat’s eyes beaded as she looked at Claire in shock. As she shook her head slowly, the brunette’s eyes lowered. “I… I know I shouldn’t ask this but… Where are your parents Kat?” Almost like a switch being flicked, the girl’s eyes hardened as her body stopped shaking.

Looking down at Claire, the shrunken girl now shook. It was like all of Kat’s worries and fears were suddenly thrusted onto her. “Kat doesn’t need to tell you anything… You don’t know Kat… You’re a mean lady…”

Gulping, Claire, leveled her gaze as she watched the kind child she knew Kat to be replaced with the one she remembered days before. “I want to know Kat… why do you live on your own?” As the girl’s tail flicked back and forth in agitation, she glared at her.

“But Kat doesn’t live alone mean lady… she has pets…” Frowning, Claire was about to respond until she noticed the girls eyes moving to the wooden floor next to her. “Would you like to see?” Before Claire could respond, Kat’s hands moved to the floorboards before she pulled an apparently loose one away revealing a small cubby hole. Peering in, her eyes widened in shock. Moving around tiredly, or just plain broken, were multiple shrunken people.

“Kat has lots of things living with her… Kat’s never alone…” Shuttering, Claire looked away from the tiny people as she tried to keep her attention on Kat. “W-What… What happened to your parents Ka-“, “KAT HAS NONE!” The girl finally shrieked and anger played over her face.

Staggering back speechless, the shrunken girl just shook her head. “B-But… but what about, what about the people who drove you here… who where they then?” Grinning, Kat chuckled as her head shook to the side.

“Puppets… I made them take me home, I don’t like walking back.” Looking back at the neko confused she was about to respond before she suddenly felt her legs give out under her making her drop to her knee’s.

‘W-W-Wait, w-what did…’ As her eyes slowly started to widen, Kat’s grin grew. “Yes, mean lady sees it now don’t you? Kat’s different. She’s not like Sophie and Alex, no… she’s different though.” Raising her hand, Claire watched in silent horror as her body began to move on its own.

“They gave her gifts… they let Kat access more of her mind then she ever could. Kat can make people do what she wants now without them knowing.” Shaking her head, Claire tried to resist but it was like what happened with Sophia all over again… if just a bit weaker.

She could move her fingers and neck, but beyond that she was still stuck… and Kat looked very happy about that. “They gave all of us gifts mean lady… Kat was the first one they fixed. She got lots of gifts from them. Their nice to Kat… and Kat thought you were nice to… Kat was wrong though, you’re just a mean lady… a mean adult…”

Hearing those words made Claire’s heart break. She just wanted to help her… “Kat, t-that’s not true and you know it.”, “Don’t patronize Kat… “She hissed before slamming her hand down on the floor angrily. “Do you know what Kat does with mean adults?”

Shaking her head slowly, Claire just watched in fear as the young girls eyes lit up. “Would you like to see?” As Claire tried to shake her head again, she suddenly found herself nodding against her will. “Good choice…”

Reaching into the small hole, the orange haired neko pulled out a small man who was cowering with fear. “This meanie doesn’t like Kat, he thinks she’s gutter trash. Tell her meanie.” As Kat moved the man towards Claire, he whimpered in fear before crying out in pain as his body was squeezed. “I SAID TELL HER!”

As the man cried he just shook his head. “H-Help m-me… Make her stop…” He whimpered… As Claire watched this she shook her head. “Kat, please listen to me! J-Just put, the man, down. L-let’s talk… Please…”

Looking back at Claire, Kat’s eyes widened. “You, you believe him… you think the meanie didn’t say that, that Kat’s lying…?” She shook her head bitterly. “He said it to my face… So I had Sophie shrink him. Now he’s the trash.” She giggled before giving his body another painful squeeze.

“Kat told you she wouldn’t lie to you… so why do you not believe Kat now? Did Mittens attack you?” she turned her head to Claire in a condescending way. The shrunken girl said nothing now. She hadn’t lied to her once actually.

Every time she asked her a question she had been truthful or simply chose not to answer… she didn’t lie. Looking back up at the man, a look of uncertainty crossed her features. “Did… did you call her trash?” As the man continued whimpering he stayed silent.

“Kat can show you what he said… but, mean lady might not enjoy it…” Looking up at Kat’s darkened expression a look of understanding soon crossed her face. “I… I don’t care what he said, I care about you Kat… show me, show me everything that’s happened… why you think I’m no different than him.”

Glaring back at Claire, Kat grinned cruelly. “This will hurt mean lady a lot… Kat will enjoy it.” Gulping, Claire nodded. She already experienced what it felt like to have someone else’s memories in her own, how much worse could this be?

Dropping the man without a care for his wellbeing, Kat moved her hands over Claire as she formed a circle with her fingers. “Mean lady wanted to know… so mean lady will feel it all!” As Claire’s vision began to fade, her back suddenly arched as an intense pain shot through her making her scream before she suddenly passed out.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire’s eyes slowly opened as a blinding light shined down on her… she was in a white room… As multiple people stood over her, she saw what looked like a doctor’s face looking down at her. She couldn’t be sure, but the face mask was a dead giveaway he was some kind of doctor.

“It’s a girl.” Blinking, Claire tried to move but she couldn’t. ‘These aren’t my memories… I almost forgot…’ She was just along for the ride. As she was moved she saw an auburn haired woman with a rather haggard expression looking down at her.

Smiling faintly, she touched her before rubbing her thumb over Claire’s cheek. ‘W-W-Wait, I… I felt that…’ When Alexis did this to her she couldn’t feel anything. But now, she could smell the scent of disinfectant in the air… and feel the warmth from this woman’s arms cradling her.

As Claire’s mouth opened on its own she heard herself beginning to cry before it finally dawned on her. This was Kat when she was born. ‘Why would she show me this?’ She wanted to know what happened to her, but this wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

As a man moved next to the smiling woman, he looked down at her indifferently before looking to the woman. “So what’s her name?” that sounded kind of cold… Humming the woman shook her head. “How about, Kathrine?”

The man simply shrugged before moving out of her line of limited sight. “Whatever you say.” As the woman continued to cradle Kat, Claire smiled having just heard it. ‘So her name’s Kathrine… I wonder why she wouldn’t tell me before.’

As Claire’s vision started to fade, she let the memories take her where they wanted to go. It was supposed to be easier that way…

 

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _~

 

 

Claire crawled out of her room, as she slowly made her way out from her small cot. It was dark, very dark. As Kat walked into the hallway, she followed the trail as a light banging was heard close by. “WE CAN’T JUST DO ANYTHING, WE HAVE TO STOP!”

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T DO!” As a loud slap rang out, Kat crouched low before continuing forward.  Claire watched silently before gasping as she saw Kat’s parents fighting.  Both hard dark bruises on them from what she could tell.

“I HATE YOU!” As the woman tossed bottles at the man, he ducked and tried to avoid them before flipping their kitchen table over in rage. Claire wanted to cup her mouth but she was still a prisoner to this… horrific show known as Kat’s memories.

As she started to crawl away, her vision began to fade again… what else could happen to her?

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

Once again, Kat opened her eyes as she looked around her small room. As she pulled a dirty blanket off herself, she got to her feet before moving to her door. This time, Claire could hear a static like noise in the background.

As Kat wobbled around for some reason, Claire watched patiently for what was going to happen next. Stepping into the minuscule living room, Kat peered over a reclining chair as she watched her Dad snoring lightly, a TV on in front of him with white noise playing over and over.

In his hand was a half empty beer bottle along with its other 5 brothers littering the ground next to it. Looking around, the apartment was starting to look more and more like what it did today. As Kat rubbed her dad’s arm, the man flinched before leaning up.

“Kathrine…? G-Go, back to bed…” He slurred before falling back into his chair, the bottle breaking as it fell to the floor next to him. Lowering her gaze, Kat did just that as she walked away. It seemed like the man was defeated. There was no anger or hostility in his voice anymore… only sadness.

As the memory started the fade, Claire just shook her head. She still didn’t understand…

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

Claire sat in silence as Kat held a small picture frame in her hands. In it was an image of her mother, or at least the woman who looked like her. Tears fell down her cheeks as she hugged it into her chest. As the door to her room opened, her father peered in before sighing, haggardly.

“I’ve told you before not to take that… it’s all I have left of her.” whimpering, Kat held the picture tighter before the man finally came over towards her and pried it from her hands. I know you miss her… you just need to get over it… for the both of us.” He sighed before walking away, leaving Kat with more tears then comfort.

It was starting to make some semblance of sense but still it wasn’t all there, not yet…

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

As Claire opened her eyes she blinked in surprise, half expecting to wake up in Kat’s room once again. It seemed that was where most of her childhood happened when she was growing up. As she watched herself walking up a flight of stairs, it soon dawned on her where she was.

Kat moved down a long hallway with a small bag in her hand as she made her way over to her apartment… however something was different than the other memories. Looking up, Kat moved quickly as she ran to the open door of the apartment.

As she ran inside and looked around, tears soon fell from her cheeks. “Daddy? Daddy…?” Running all around the rooms and up and down the stairwell once again, Kat fell to her knee’s as tears fell from cheeks.

“DADDY!” he was gone…

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

Multiple memories came after that one. Some worse than others, all more terrible then the last though. Kat Searching for her father… searching for food… searching for anyone… she was all alone. When she went to people for help, she was constantly met with cruel sneers or just pushed away. Claire even saw the memory of the man Kat and shrunken… she was telling the truth…

After while the images in her mind changed once more till she saw Kat sitting on her floor almost lifelessly. Her stomach hurt… she felt thirsty to… what was going on? As a loud knocking was heard somewhere else, Kat’s head rose slowly.

Moving to her door, staggeringly sluggish, she steadied herself before slowly making her way to the front room. As the knock sounded off again, Kat looked up with hope. “D-Daddy…?” Moving to the door, she opened it expectantly before her eyes dropped.

Claire on the other hand looked up in shock. “Hello Kathrine, we would like to half a word with you if you’d be so kind.” Standing across from her, were two little blond girls dressed in red. ‘Sophia… Alexis…’ As Kat looked at them confused, she turned to close the door before a foot was placed in the way.

“We want to help you, we promise not to hurt you. You know what they say about promises.” Sophia spoke up making the girl stop.  As she looked back at the twins she opened the door once again. “W-Who are you… why do ou know me?”

As they made their way inside, Alexis looked around before scowling. “How long has it been since your father abandoned you? A week, two weeks? Living on your own for that long… it must be hard to go on. What’s driving you to survive?” Her tone sounded more intrigued then anything, but there was a hint of sympathy there none the less.

Moving around to Kat’s other side Sophia looked her over as well. “He just left you; he couldn’t take how much of a disappointment he was. You are not to blame.” Feeling her eyes water, Kat turned quickly before she felt her wrists grabbed by both twins.

“Let us in Kathrine, we know you because we’ve seen what you’ve endured. This is more than even us. We’re impressed.” They grinned making Kat shiver. “Y-You said you wouldn’t hurt me… you promised…” Instantly both twins let go of the girl nodding.

“That we did, and a promise should always be kept.” As they circled the shivering girl, a look of sadness crossed their faces as they observed her. “We can help you. We can make you stronger, strong enough to fend for yourself if you so choose… or if you really don’t want us to, we can just leave.” Alexis spoke plain and clear as she and her sister turned to leave.

“All we ask is for a few minutes of your time. We’ll even buy you lunch, how does that sound?” Feeling her stomach ache in pain, Kat looked down before nodding solemnly. Grinning, both Sophia and Alexis opened the door for her.

“Please, follow us. We’ll change you forever Kathrine-“ “Kat…” Pausing, both blondes looked to her in surprise. “Call… Call me Kat… Kathrine makes me sad…” She whimpered as tears began to fall from her eyes. Both girls smiled warmly before nodding.

“Alright Kat, we promise you this. We will make life better for you, and a promise is a promise.” As Kat trailed behind the two mysterious blondes, Claire just soaked in their words. Kat had been abandoned… she was starved… abused… Shaking her head (in her mind) she wanted to cry.

As her vision began to fade, Claire tried to will it to stop, wanting to know what happened next but it seemed something was pulling her out of it once again. As her vision faded Claire’s mind began blank out as well…

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

Opening her eyes slowly, Claire groaned as she felt a massive headache pounding on her mind. “You we’re in pain… you felt it didn’t you…” Rising slowly, the brunette turned as she saw Kat sitting with her knee’s pulled into her chest, a saddened look present on her face as she stared off into the distance.

“Kat’s not trash… she’s not…” Crawling to her knee’s, Claire hobbled for a moment before her legs gave out under her making her cry out in pain. She felt beyond exhausted. It was like she had just run a marathon without stopping to breathe.

Turning her attention to Claire now, Kat simply frowned before crossing her arms. “Lilith was right; all adults are the same… why did Kat trust you to be different…” As Claire continued to crawl forward, a frown marred her face.

“Y-Your… not, trash…” Kat blinked before looking down at Claire. “What do you want from Kat… Everyone wants something…” Her tone was resolute. “Sophie and Alex wanted my loyalty. I gave it to them. I’ll follow them wherever they take me… they saved Kat… What does the mean lady want… and what could she possibly give Kat in return?”

Frowning, Claire shook her head. “I… I can’t give you anything… but a promise.” Kat’s eyes widened slightly before she leaned down, her face now just inches from Claire. “What does the mean lady promise?” Smiling as best as she could through the pain raking her body, Claire extended her hand towards Kat.

“I promise, promise to make your life better…” She panted. Even her breathe hurt to take. Frowning, Kat looked away with her arms crossed. “Kat’s life is fine. She has Mittens… and friends.” Gritting her teeth, Claire sat up before meeting her gaze.

“This, this isn’t living Kathrine. This is getting by…” Kat looked back at Claire enraged before picking her up in anger. “DON’T CALL ME THAT!” Meeting her scrutiny, the brunette licked her lips before speaking again. “You’re not a bad person… I just saw your life Kath… Kat. Let me in, I want to be your friend…”

As Kat tightened her grip on Claire, she growled. “You’re lying… adults aren’t friends, they hurt Kat!” Chuckling softly, she just shook her head. “That’s why I made a promise… you said those can’t be broken…” Kat’s hand shook silently as she kept her glare locked on the shrunken girl, but as she continued… it slowly faded… along with her lip beginning to tremble slowly…

“Claire…” Kat mumbled as tears fell from her eyes. The brunette gasped as she was suddenly engulfed in a deep hug by the little girl, finally showing her hurt side to her. “Nice lady…” She whimpered as she continued to hug Claire for dear life.

As tears fell down the young girl’s cheeks and onto her, Claire just smiled before returning the hug as awkwardly as she could manage. “I promise you I’ll never hurt you like others have…” Sniffling, Kat nodded as she continued to hug Claire, afraid she might vanish if she let go.

This continued for a long time, and Claire was fine by it. As long as Kat was content, that was all that mattered…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“A-Are you sure about this Claire…” Kat whispered with worry as she held her kitten close to her chest. “I need you to trust me, trust me like I trusted you earlier.” Claire called up to the girl from her shoulder.

As they stood outside a large building, Kat looked at it with trepidation. She had never been to this part of town before. “How do I get in?” Pointing to the doormat, Kat looked down before noticing a small rock next to it.

“I leave a key under it in case I ever lose mine… or in this case have them shrunk to the point they won’t work in doorknobs anymore.” She mumbled before rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. Reaching down, Kat picked up the rock before seeing the apartment key lodged inside of it.

After taking the key out, she moved back to the door before sliding it in. “Welcome to my home Kat… I hope you like it.” As the little neko flung the door inward her eyes widened. “It’s so clean…” Laughing at that, Claire nodded.

“Well don’t just stand there, look around.” Stepping inside, Kat nodded before putting Mittens on the carpeted floor. The cat immediately meowed before walking around contently. Shutting the door behind her, Kat moved Claire into her hands where her cat had just been before looking around.

It was somewhat spacious, definitely larger than her apartment though, that was for sure. As Kat walked around seemingly lost in thought, Claire grinned. It must have been awhile since she saw someplace else like this. That did make her wonder though, if Sophia and Alexis knew so much about Kat, why didn’t they try to help her with her living arrangements as well?

They didn’t seem like the type to turn away a friend in need. Flipping a switch, Kat jumped slightly as the room lit up. “Your lights work to, this place is nice…” she mumbled sadly making Claire pout. “Why don’t we head upstairs alright?”

Nodding, the orange haired girl followed the staircase to the top before coming to a single door. “This is my room, and for tonight, it’s yours as well.” Opening the door, Kat peered in before her eyes widened. It was a bit missy but… it looked nice.

Walking in slowly, Kat looked around in wonder before her eyes landed on Claire’s bed. “C-Can… Can Kat, get on?” Giggling, the shrunken girl nodded. After Kat had opened up a bit to her, she began acting timid around her. It was almost like she was afraid of something.

As Kat hopped up, nearly tossing Claire off her hands in the process she gasped before giggling happily as she rolled on the soft mattress. “This feels nicer than mine. You have nice things pretty lady.” She grinned before hugging Claire into her once more.

“I try…” it wasn’t really that grate it was just a single twin mattress and frame… though to her it seemed like a bed fit for a king. It really showed just how sheltered a life she lived… Frowning Claire closed her eyes trying to forget those painful memories in her mind… it was hard to tell which ones where hers and which ones were Kat’s at this point.

As Claire watched Kat continue to play and bounce on her bed, something occurred to her. “Hey Kat… when was the last time you had a bath?” Looking down at the brunette, Kat shivered. “Kat gave herself a bath earlier…”

Scowling, Claire crossed her arms. “You’re not lying to me are you?” With widening eyes she shook her head quickly. “No Kat never lies! See!” Claire watched in disbelief as the young girl started licking her palm before rubbing her face over a few times.

‘You’ve got to be kidding me…’ Once she was happy, she looked back at Claire expectantly. “I’m not talking about a *Cat* bath, I meant a real one.” Pouting, the younger girl looked away sheepishly. “Kat doesn’t know… mommy used to give me them before she went away…”

Frowning, Claire pointed to a door near the entrance of the room. “Come on lets go.” Looking back at Claire confused, she nodded before picking the small girl up once again. ‘Wow Alexis was right, she does listen when you talk sternly.’

It would almost make her laugh, seeing someone her size commanding someone much taller than herself around. As Kat opened the door she flicked the switch before her eyes widened. “I trust you know how to use a bath?”

Pouting, Kat nodded as she looked over the small bathroom. It was kind of cramped but the one in her apartment was much smaller than this one… and the water stopped working awhile back anyways so it didn’t matter.

Moving to the center of the room, Kat set the shrunken girl down before walking over to the tub. “Does Kat have to take a bath?” Crossing her arms, Claire nodded. “Yes Kat you need a bath. You don’t want to be dirty do you?”, “Yes!”, “No!” Pouting, the young neko sulked as she turned the water on.

“If Kat has to bathe then so does Claire!” Smirking, Claire pulled her shirt of before doing the same with her jeans. “I like baths Kat, I have no problems there.” She chuckled. Pouting once more, Kat hung her head in defeat before she turned her attention back to the water.

“Kat doesn’t know how to swim…” Sighing, Claire just shook her head again. “You’re not going to Drown Kat. Please just get ready for your bath.” Stomping her foot, she finally relented. Pulling off her small black top, she discarded it to the floor before doing the same with the small white shorts she had on beneath them.

As Claire looked Kat over, her face darkened. She had lots of smudges and other bruises on her body. Some scars to… She had only gotten a glimpse of what Kat had to endure… what on earth kept her going for so long?

 As Kat flicked her tail back and forth in agitation she finally turned the water off once it was as high as she was ok with. Moving back to the sink, she picked Claire up before groaning as she put her foot in the water.

“Does Kat really have to?” Claire gave the young neko a stern look making her pout further before she entered the bath fully. As she was lowered down into the water, a small sigh escaped the brunette’s lips. “See Kat this isn’t so bad, doesn’t the warm water feel good?

The orange haired girl said nothing as she sulked in the water. “Mean lady…” Smirking, Claire laid on her back as she floated over towards Kat. “I’m not being mean and you know it. Just lie back in the water and relax. You can get out after you get some of that dirt off you.”

Moping, the younger girl pulled her tail out of the way before doing as Claire instructed. As she continued to pet herself a small smile found its way to her lips. “You need a bath now to pretty lady, you said you would.”

Turning back towards the colossal child, Claire frowned. “I’m taking a bath with you right now.” Shaking her head, Kat just grinned. “Not this kind of a bath.” As Claire was lifted out of the water towards Kat, her eyes widened.

“W-W-Wait, N-N-No, no, no, no, no, that is not what I meant!” Grinning, the younger girl ignored her as she forced Claire to spread her body out in her hands. “Just relax, when I think your clean I’ll let you go~” She mocked before moving Claire towards her mouth. Before the shrunken girl could protest she shuttered as Kat’s long tongue trailed over her face leaving her sputtering for air.

As Claire’s gasped after the first lick, her whole body began to heat up making her blush furiously. “K-K-Kat… w-wait, you don’t understand what yo-“She shuttered again as the young girls tongue rolled her breasts around.

Shivering, Claire closed her eyes as she tried to ignore the feeling spreading through her but it was almost instantaneous. Kat giggled as she watched Claire moaning in her hands. She had seen the others do this with their tinies before, but she never understood why.

Eating them was much more fun, not that she’d eat Claire she was a nice lady. Licking up her body, she made sure to get it face first, along with a few kisses that followed. After working her over a bit she went back to the girls breasts.

The loud moans she was making, where blissfully cute to her ears. Whenever she licked her there, she always screamed loudly. Moving downward, Kat worked on her stomach next, her tongue tracing light circles on her belly before dipping into her navel.

As Claire’s back continued to arch, she grit her teeth. This pleasure, why was it so damn g-good?! She wanted more… she knew she wanted more, and it horrified her. As Kat’s tongue found it’s wat to her crotch she gasped before screaming loudly.

Stopping abruptly, the young neko’s eyes widened in fear. “D-D-DID KAT HURT YOU?!” Whimpering, Claire grunted as she tried desperately to ignore it… but she was too weak… “N-No… b-b-but please don’t stop…”

Looking at Claire, clearly confused, Kat nodded before she moved her tongue over Claire once again. As it zoned in between her legs, the brunette moaned loudly. It was like before. Her whole body was being ignited with bliss.

Kat purred quietly, further showing off her feline like traits as her tongue dove into Claire’s folds. She couldn’t figure out quite why, but something tasted pleasant to her around there. Giggling, she stayed on that spot for a big longer then she had anywhere else on Claire. Not to mention she was being rewarded with her efforts. The pretty lady was singing loudly every time she cleaned her.

Gripping Kat’s hand, Claire thrashed before her back began to arch. Right before she felt the sweat relief that followed however, her tongue moved away as it traveled down her thighs. “KAT PLEASE!” Jumping once again, the younger girl looked at her pleading eyes not understanding what she had done to make the brunette like this.

“K-Keep… Keep cleaning me, t-there…” As she pointed between her legs, she shook her head in disgust. The twins had corrupted her… but it felt so good… Crying softly, she soon groaned once more as her back began to arch.

Kat looked down at Claire confused but did as she was told none the less. Driving her tongue deeper into Claire, she continued to orally assault her not thinking anything to be wrong in the slightest by her actions. All she knew was it was making Claire happy, so she’d do what she could to keep her that way.

Grunting, Claire clenched her eyes as she tried to block out the distant laughter in her mind. It was like the twins were somehow mocking her… but, she needed it… needed this. It just felt too good, she was going to go insane if Kat didn’t finish what she started.

As Claire felt herself reaching her peak, she let out a final scream as Kat’s tongue continued to lick and caress her folds as she finally bucked her hips as her climax hit, sending her into an ecstasy induced state of bliss. Flopping back into young neko’s hand, Claire panted, her vision fading in and out.

Kat blinked in surprise as something sticky coated her tongue. Looking down, she licked her lips for a moment before a pleasant smile graced her lips. “You taste good Claire… much better the all those other tinies. You are special.” She giggled before looking back at the brunette’s inanimate form.

“P-P-Pretty lady…? C-Claire…?” Looking up shakily at Kat’s concerned face, a small smile made its way to her lips. “T-Thank you…” letting her head flop back down, she just laid there tiredly, completely drained after that…

As Kat sat in the tub motionless, her concern only grew. “C-Claire… CLAIRE!”

 

~_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~

 

Claire opened her eyes slowly as her she felt herself beginning to stir. She felt good, tired… but good. “PRETTY LADY!” Before she could blink away her grogginess however, the shrunk girl screeched as she was bounced into the air. Looking around fearfully, she soon realized she was on her bed.

As Kat jumped around excitedly, she picked Claire up before hugging her close. “Kat was so scared! Pretty lady just fell asleep. Don’t scare Kat like that please, please!” Her tone was full of freight as she continued to hold Claire close.

“Kat…” She must have given the girl a heart attack after passing out. She told her that she’d be there for her and then she just left her… Sighing, she nodded. “I’m… I’m sorry I, fell asleep…” it would probably be easier explaining that to her then what actually happened. Nodding, Kat moved Claire down before sitting over her protectively… however.

As Claire looked up at Kat for the first time she cupped her face in embarrassment. “K-K-KAT, WHAT ARE YOU W-WEARING?!” The neko looked down confused before she smiled happily. “You said Kat had to be clean. Kats clothes are dirty though, so she borrowed yours. Does Kat look cute?”

Feeling her whole face flush red, Claire nodded meekly, not sure how to put it. She had apparently raided her clothes drawers. Resting over her chest was a low cut shirt meant to show off her rather lacking breasts. It was cut near the top in the shape of a heart that would give anyone a nose bleed… if she had breasts to show off that was.

As it stood on cat, it just looked like a partial shirt exposing her midriff and a small heart. Still it wasn’t meant to be worn by kids! However what she had on a little lower was what shocked her the most. Apparently she had found her… underwear drawer and was currently using a pair of her black satin panties. While a bit loose, Kat apparently proved resourceful by tying off the loose ends making it look more like the bottom half of a two piece bikini instead of panties.

As Claire just looked her over for a moment she shook her head. “W-We… We s-should probably have you change…” Pouting, the young neko groaned before rolling over. “But I don’t want to, your clothes fit Kat fine. They feel good to. Please let Kat stay like this, pleeeeeeeeeeease!”

Hanging her head in shame, Claire looked away sheepishly. “F-Fine Kat… you can wear them… B-B-But change out of them before we go to the daycare tomorrow… I don’t want the twins to know about this or they’ll never let me live it down.” She groaned. How did a child have this much control over her, by simply begging…

Giggling, Kat nodded before rolling back over. “Thank you nice lady, you’re the best!” As Claire was picked up, she shivered as her face was met by Kat’s lips once again. After pulling away, the shrunken brunette began to blush once more.

“Claire… will you stay with Kat.” Looking up, Claire smiled warmly as she saw the darker expression being worn by the young girl. It was almost like she had two sides to her. “I promise as long as I’m around, I’ll always be there for you.”

Nodding, Kat pulled Claire into her chest before lying on her back. “Thank you…” As Claire lay there, her small smile soon grew. If she did make it out of this whole situation alive in the end… she’d keep true on that promise. She had something to strive for now at least…

Yawning tiredly, she nuzzled her face into the now sleeping girl before feeling herself beginning to doze. Only time would tell if she’d earn each of Sophia and Alexis’s friends trust like she had Kat… but she was off to a good start it seemed…

End Notes:

And finished, i hope you enjoyed, i know it was much longer then i expected but... yea, two people cram a lot of stuff into one thing more then one...

please review and like, i'll try to get the next one up in less then a month once again... probably not a week this time though...

Bye!

Rewarding good behaviour by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

I'm back again guys, thank you all for being patiant, i know this took a lot longer to make then last chapter. I can't promise the next one will come any quicker, F.R sadly has a few things he's doing himself so i can't crank them out begrudingly like i'd like to.

But i still have this chapter! so enjoy!

Claire shuttered in her sleep as a warm, sticky feeling began to spread over her. Attempting to rub whatever it was that was that was dripping onto her, she soon groaned as a large wet globe fell onto her face making her choke and cough in a fit, shooting up quickly in fright.

Looking around frantically, she calmed somewhat as she saw the familiar covers of her bed surrounding her. "W-What… what the hell-"The brunette gasped as another drop of warm liquid dropped on top of her head making her quiver.

Looking up, the tiny girl's face contorted into an inexpressive one as she realized what it was that had awoken her. ‘You've got to be kidding me…' Kat's head rested right over her as she silently slept, a long strand of her saliva slowly dripping down from her lip… and right onto her prior sleeping form…

Huffing, Claire wiped away the lingering drool from the slumbering child before getting up. As she stretched out her tired limbs, she sighed happily. It seemed funny how mornings like this were quickly becoming normal for her now.

Maybe she was just getting used to being so small… frowning, the brunette shook her head quickly. She wanted to be big again that was for sure… especially for her. Gazing back up at Kat, she smiled softly. There were still a lot of things she didn't know about her, and honestly, she probably never would know her full story but… she had to try for her sake.

Making her way across from the sleeping girl, the brunette looked around quickly before a feeling of helplessness set in. "Well… how do I get down now…" Peering over her bed, she hadn't really planned this far out. She didn't need to think long however as a pair of large fingers soon surrounded the small girl, making her scream in fright.

"Claire…?" Gasping quietly, her eyes met with Kat's making her calm down. "H-Hey sleepy head, I didn't wake you did I?" Giggling, quietly, she shook her head before placing the brunette on top of her petite chest.

Both girls said nothing for a short while as they just enjoyed the other's presence. Being surrounded by Kat's hands made her feel safe, and she got the feeling it made her feel just as secure holding her. "Kat has to give you back to Sophia and Alexis… doesn't she…?"

Blinking, Claire looked up before nodding silently. "Y-Yea… I suppose you do, don't you…" Looking down at the brunette now, the orange haired Neko whimpered quietly before hugging her closer. "B-B-But… Kat doesn't want to lose you, pretty lady… Kat just g-got you…" she stuttered quietly as her voice cracked. It made her heart ache to hear the sadness laced into her words, compared to her usual happy ones.

Forcing a small smile as best she could, Claire nodded. "Don't worry Kat. I made you a promise, remember?" Nodding, the younger girl remained the same. "Kat trusts them… but not the others…" Looking up now somewhat intimidated yet intrigued, all the same, the brunette gave her a questioning glance.

"May is nice… but she's not smart… Kai is indifferent and doesn't care about others or authority… and Lilith is evil…" Claire's eyes widened at the latter. ‘Evil… that doesn't sound good…' She knew the girl was probably going to be trouble but… Evil was a strong word.

Lifting Claire into the air, the younger girl sniffled as tears began to fall down her cheeks. "Kat… Kat can't let anything happen to you… N-Nice lady is different, Nice lady is Claire." Feeling her heart clench, Claire smiled before hugging the girls hand as best she could.

"I know you didn't think much of me not to long ago… but I changed your opinion of me in the end. The twins wanted me to do that with all their friends so that's just what I'll have to do." Hugging Claire tightly, Kat nodded.

She knew she had to hand Claire over to May eventually but… she just didn't want to. Pulling Claire up to her lips, she quickly gave the now blushing girl a quick kiss before smiling weakly. "Kat… Kat trusts you, pretty lady…" Nodding, Claire smiled before the younger girl crawled towards the edge of the bed.

"Why don't you go get something to eat Kat? The fridge is downstairs past the living room." Nodding, the young Neko scampered off the bed quickly before cradling Claire close to her chest. "I hope nothing happens to you, Claire… Kat won't forgive them if you go away…"

Looking up somewhat frightened, the brunette nodded. She had the same dark tone as last night. It was almost like she had a split personality. Just as fast as it was there it vanished, however, leaving the little cat girl to smile.

"Do you have milk?"

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"K-K-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT S-SLOW DOWN I'M GONNA FALL!" Claire screeched as she clung to the laughing Neko's black top as she desperately tried to right herself. Having all but refused to change from her obscene outfit because and she quoted, *the pretty lady thought she looked cute in it*.

Currently, said child was running downhill towards the Daycare excitedly as she jumped and swirled around making the shrunken girl nauseous. "Your fine pretty lady, just throw your hands up like Kat!" She giggled as she sprinted at nearly impossible speeds for someone her size.

After a bit of talking, Claire had inquired just what all the twins did to her to make her like she was. Apparently they strengthened her body as well. When they had first met her she was exceedingly mill nourished and her body was on the verge of shutting down on her.

If Sophia and Alexis hadn't found her when they had, she probably would have passed on within another day or two. It really made the brunettes respect for them grow… along with her curiosity sadly. Kat, on the other hand, wanted to prove she was telling the truth, so the only obvious way to do that was to beat world records in speed while simultaneously giving her a heart attack in the process.

As the excited girl rounded a small corner she suddenly stopped, leaving a light trail of dust in her tracks. Having all her momentum flung forward, the shrunk girl groaned as she slouched exhaustedly over the younger girl's shirt. At least the little heart whole in it made for a nice safe place for her to ride…

Cupping her mouth, Claire grimaced. "I… I think I'm going to hurl…" As her brown eyes looked up tiredly, she quickly stiffened as she saw where Kat had frozen. Standing right outside her ratty apartment, the young Neko frowned.

"Kat needs to do something… stay here Claire…" the brunette blinked in surprise as she was lifted out of Kat's shirt before being placed on the small steps outside the building. "K-K-Kat…?" As she walked up the stairs, she paid Claire no mind before leaving her alone entirely.

‘What just happened…?' She was making progress with the girl that was a fact but she seemed more troubled than the night before in a matter of seconds. Deciding to just wait and find out when she could, the brunette sighed.

Looking around, Claire kicked the stone staircase under her in boredom before gazing up at the large oak tree resting right outside her apartment. "Back where it all began once again…" Chuckling, she shook her head. Maybe it was cursed.

The again there was always worse curses she could have stumbled upon. All and all, this one hadn't been that bad… gruesome and mortifying… but not all entirely unpleasant. Scowling, she shook her head once more. ‘Stop thinking positive… your still a captive…'

She had found herself doing that more and more with each passing day. Was this some kind of Stockholm syndrome? Before she could dwell on that troubling thought any longer, the large door in front of her creaked open as Kat walked out, a look of insouciance present reminding her of her other half.

"Let's go, Claire…" As she was picked up once more, the brunette looked up with worry. "Kat… is there anything you want to talk about?" Turning her eyes downward, she smiled darkly. "Kat was tying up loose ends…"

Blinking in surprise, she chose not to ask what the Neko had meant by that… it sounded rather ominous to her… Walking at a much more relaxed pace now, Claire still felt a nagging feeling get the best of her.

"Claire doesn't think Kat's trash… what about a monster?" Turning back to the younger girl, her gaze was fixated forward, almost not able to meet the shrunken girl's eyes for some reason. Feeling a sense of Déjà vu from the similar question she had been asked by the twins before, Claire just shook her head giving her the same answer.

"None of you are monsters, Kat. Not you, not Alexis, not Sophia… Lily is to be determined, but I'll still take a shot in the dark and say she'd not one either." She chuckled dryly before rubbing the back of her head.

"Why, do you think you are one?" Smirking, Kat just shook her head. "You're the first to think us not monsters…" Smiling down at Claire darkly, Kat raised her up before her face rested in front of her. "Kat wants to make the nice lady a promise."

Shivering, Claire nodded. "Kat promises to protect Claire from the real monsters." The shrunken girl looked up at her clearly confused but she was only met by a large pair of lips pressing into her face. As Kat pulled away, her smile widened.

"Kat will keep the pretty lady safe!" she cheered, her voice now back to its usual carefree one making her feel somewhat safer. Nodding absently, Kat grinned before placing the brunette back in her shirt. After that, the two remained silent, each for their own reasons.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

"How long must we wait… this is maddening." Sophia huffed as she paced back and forth, Alexis choosing to calmly sit by instead of visibly showing her own concerns. "We warned Claire of what to do, we just have to trust Kat at this point. I have faith in her judgment."

Glancing back to her sister, the blonde sighed but relented none the less. "I'm aware… we both have the same trust placed in her… but her mind, it's unstable and hard to read, you know this. What if she snapped?"

Both girls gulped silently knowing the shrunken girl would probably be dead at that point if she had. Simultaneously they sighed before sitting closer to one another. "We must wait none the less. She's not late after all…"

In truth Kat usually arrived early to the daycare. She didn't like being in her home more than she had to be for reasons they fully understood. However, it was over three-fourths past the hour she usually arrived… even they weren't immune to anxiety.

Suddenly Alexis looked up before her sister's eyes quickly followed. Running down the hill was Kat… although, slightly different the usual. As both their eyes widened they stared at their closest friend with no hidden revelation.

"What… what is she wearing?" As both blondes looked over her new apparel, a small tugging smile made its way to their lips. Kat scampered quickly down the large walkway leading to the Daycare before she crossed the last street to get there. As she saw the blondes, however, she grinned before running up to them a bit faster.

"Morning Sophie, morning Alex!" she giggled much to both blondes disdain. They had often made vocal their dislike for her nicknames but she never seemed to pay mind to them. Crossing their arms, they remained silent as they scanned their orange haired friend over.

"You've… changed since yesterday Kat… Am I to believe Claire had a hand in this?" Sophia offered up making the small Neko grin. "Do you like it?" Doing a quick twirl, she giggled before looking her own outfit over.

"The nice lady said Kat looked cute in it." Blushing furiously, Claire popped her head out from the small hole she had been hiding in before glaring at Kat. "I-I-I never told her t-to wear it in public! Don't you dare put this on me!" Pouting Kat bopped her head lightly before giggling.

"But the nice lady still thinks Kat looks cute right?" Pausing momentarily, Claire groaned before slumping over. "That's a trick question, I lose either way I answer you…" As Sophia and Alexis watched the interaction with interest, smiles soon began to form over their lips.

Moving her hands towards Kat, Alexis chose now to interject in their banter. "Kat, if you'd be so kind we would like Claire back now. Did you have an opinion on her now as well?" Looking down, Kat frowned before shivering quietly.

"K-Kat… Kat likes pretty lady… Kat wants her to stay with us forever… b-but." She paused before looking up at the twins with darkened eyes, her expression shocking them thoroughly. "But if any of the other's try to harm her, I'll make them pay…"

Both blondes glanced to one another before picking Claire up gently, almost like she was made of glass. "Well… I'd say that your decision then is unanimous… Why don't you head inside, we have a few things to discuss with Claire." Sophia looked down with a perturbed glance.

Nodding, Kat kept her same stony look on them before directing her eyes to Claire; they softened much more noticeably at that. "Kat will keep Claire safe… Bye, pretty lady." She waved quietly before walking past the twins into the daycare.

Smiling a small smile, the brunette sighed. "I believe we have a lot to talk about, don't we Claire?" Looking up, the shrunken worker nodded up at her blonde keepers. They probably wanted to know just what was going on, or perhaps they already did and needed more to go off of. After all, her night had been eventful, to say the least.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

As Claire regaled Sophia and Alexis of what all had transpired the night before leading up to where they were now, the twin's faces kept changing gradually. It started with confusion, followed by surprise which quickly turned into skepticism and then ending with shock where they were now.

Having finished telling them all that had occurred, the brunette waited as she looked up at their startled expressions with slight amusement. She had never seen them this perturbed before. It was kind of refreshing really. It reminded her they were still just kids… well not just kids, but the point still stood.

Looking to her sister, Sophia waited for a silent reply as Alexis's eyes darted back and forth as if searching for something hidden to others. After a few moments, she slowly nodded. "Everything she's told us is true… Kat did snap, but she's not dead…"

Claire looked up at them shocked. ‘They thought Kat was going to…' Her eyes turned dark as she looked away from them. "We didn't think, we knew… but somehow you did the impossible." Looking up now, her eyes stared back into their red ones as small smiles soon grew over their faces.

"Kathrine is a troubled girl as you're well aware of now. Just how much you probably still don't understand but none the less, she has had instances in the past where… let's just say her mind splintered. When that happened she lashed out at not just our friends but, us as well."

Claire's eyes widened in surprise, what did they do to cause that? As their saddened eyes looked downward they remained silent. ‘What happened is none of your concern… but the fact still stands that she snapped, and yet, here you are, intact and unharmed.'

Sophia raised Claire up to eye level for them before both siblings grinned. "I think she deserves a reward.", "that does seem fitting for what she's done." Claire's brow rose at their excited tones. What type of *reward* where are they talking about?

"Tell us, Claire, if you could have anything in the world what would it be?" Blinking, the brunette looked up at Sophia then Alexis, before she lowered her head. That wasn't exactly a simple question, what did she want more than anything? A better question to ask is if they planned on trying to get her something, how would they know how to get her it depending what it was?

As both twins chuckled darkly, a slight chill traveled through the shrunken girl at their tones. "We can make anything," Or change you in anyway Claire. Is it so hard to believe that whatever you could dream about, we could give you?"

The brunette's eyes widened now. She didn't know why it hadn't dawned on her, but they kind of had a point. She had seen them make objects out of thin air and even change their bodies… well at least Sophia had but Kat had changed as well. Cat ears and tails weren't exactly normal. Not to mention they had apparently altered each of their friends, or at least Kat said they had.

As the twins waited patiently for an answer, Claire looked down still unsure. "Just name it, whatever you want. Do you want an item? Perhaps something you don't like about yourself we can fix?", "Her breasts are a tad small. Do you think she would like them larger?" Alexis muttered offhandedly causing the brunette to gawk.

"W-W-WHY WOULD MY BREASTS BOTHER ME?!" Smirking, the blonde shrugged before pointing at her own chest. "I've often found myself wanting mine to be a little larger… but then if I did, that would defeat the purpose of this look entirely." She waved her hand over herself making the brunette scowl.

"I like my figure how it is thank you very much…" As the brunette's voice died off, both blondes shared a small smile before petting Claire simultaneously. "We didn't mean to offend you, it's still odd that subjects like that bother people… we are not the best when it comes to such trivialities as looks." Sophia frowned before shaking her head.

"And you need not worry either. We find you appealing as you are now as well. Changing you would be quite a shame." Blushing, Claire looked away sheepishly before nodding. As silence soon permitted the three once more, both siblings grew irritated by the shrunken girls lingering quietude.

"While we may be quite patient, Claire, this is becoming tedious. Tell us what you want." Sophia whispered mildly agitated, causing the brunette to shiver. "I… I don't really want anything I guess…" Alexis and Sophia shared a look of surprise before the former quickly looked over her mind.

"You don't value anything material? Why?" Blushing, Claire just shook her head. "I've never really been attached to my possessions, mostly because of the fact I never had much. I guess I really just don't need anything." She shrugged further amazing the blondes by her response.

"All humans want things, Claire… we are offering you, anything… Anything…" She repeated for emphasis before the brunette shrugged once more. "I'm sorry but I'm three inches tall, what exactly do I need?" she chuckled dryly, causing the twins to grow silent.

They had expected her to ask them to change her back which they obviously wouldn't have, but nothing? They couldn't make heads or tails whether or not she was simply ignorant of what they were offering her or just plain selfless.

Feeling rather self-conscious now, the shrunken girl rubbed the back of her head sheepishly as she cast her eyes away. "I… I do have some questions I'd like to ask, though… c-could that work for you two?" Once more, both siblings watched Claire in silence before glancing to one another.

"That seems acceptable. You may ask us what you wish and we'll try to accommodate you to our fullest… for now." Sweating, Claire nodded half expecting them to just say no. They had been rather secretive about what they'd been telling her up unto this point.

Nodding, Claire sat down on Sophia's hand as she tried to think of her questions carefully. She'd probably only get a few before they wouldn't answer her. Drumming her fingers for a moment, the brunette frowned before meeting their eyes.

"You guys know where Kat’s living since you found her when you two first met her… h-how come you never-"Before Claire c could finish, Alexis raised her hand silencing her with a stern glare from both blondes.

"We have tried on multiple occasions to have Kat move in with us. Every time we have tried however she has refused. Do not think for a moment we haven't tried to better her life, she's our friend and we look after our friends. The most we were allowed to do for her was drop food off for her every month or so, she wouldn't let us help her further…"

Claire shivered at the icy tone that Alexis had spoken to her in. she hadn't meant the question to come off, (or at least start coming off) as accusative, but it seemed both siblings took it as such. As they both breathed a sigh deeply, simultaneously, their red eyes stared back at Claire before nodding.

"Next question." Frowning, the shrunken girl once more drummed her fingers as she thought it over. "W-Why did you shrink me…?" Scowling Sophia was about to speak up before Claire shook her head already knowing what she was probably going to say.

"You said you'd answer my questions to the best of your abilities. Why did, you, shrink me?" Scowling, Sophia turned to Alexis before they shared a troubled glance. "We need you for our future plans… and, because you're special."

Blinking, Claire shook her head in surprise. "Plans, what plans?" Smirking, they both leaned their faces down before grinning. "That's not a part of your question. You asked us and we answered to our fullest. Now, no more questions."

Before the brunette could complain she was suddenly enveloped by Sophia's hands silencing her forcibly. Frowning, Claire cursed under her breathe. She could have probably bled them with small questions to glimpse whatever information she could from them but no, she had to ask the big one on her mind and make them go quiet again.

Sighing, the shrunken girl shook her head. She just wanted to understand why it was her they were keeping like this and not someone else. ‘We already told you, you, are, special.' Groaning, the brunette almost growled before blinking in realization.

"Wait… I *am* special?" Smirking, the twins lifted Claire upwards before Sophia opened her palm to her. "Yes, we believe you are now." That had been surprising actually. Up until now, they had kept saying they thought she was… but now they think she is?

Smiling softly, the brunette still wondered why they thought she was but at least she earned their favor somehow. Maybe she would get out of this in one piece after all. Frowning, Alexis glanced over at a certain raven haired child before she felt her hand gripped lightly by her sister.

"Perhaps you will, we will see … but for now, I think it's time you get your reward." Blinking, Claire looked up at the blonde confused before her face went pale. Both twins had a naughty smile present and from past experiences that only led to one thing.

"H-H-Hang on, y-you guys said-", "We said we would answer your questions and we did. But we never said that was your reward." Alexis grinned before moving around Sophia to circle the shrunken worker between them.

"And since you never chose a reward, selflessly I might add, we decided that we should be the ones to determine a reward fitting for you. After all, you did something for our friend we were never able to." Claire blushed knowing this wasn't going to end well at all.

Crawling back slowly, she shuddered as she felt Alexis's warm hands surrounding her small frame, trapping her against Sophia's. "WHEN DID YOU DECIDE THIS?!" Glancing to one another, they both smirked before looking back at Claire lecherously.

"Right now", they resounded simultaneously, causing the brunette to groan. She knew what was about to happen and I wouldn't be fun… not for her at least. Pouting, both siblings craned their necks down so their faces rested on opposite sides of the brunette before they blew lightly on her.

"Now, now, no need for that. As we recall you enjoyed your *cat bath* last night didn't you? Maybe you'd like it if we gave you one together? We can use both our tongues, at, the, same, time~" Sophia punctuated her words with a light brush of her wet appendage on the shrunken girls forehead, causing her to stumble back only to tremble as she felt yet another wet addendum behind her, causing her clothes to soak up Alexis's saliva.

Feeling the creeping, slimy warmth of the child's drool slowly coating her frame, Claire involuntarily moaned before cupping her mouth quickly but it was too late. Smirking, both twins wasted no time before they pressed their lips together, crushing the tiny girl between their tongues.

While both sisters had chosen a small corner of the daycare to occupy, the thought of one of the unfortunate workers, (toys) seeing them, caused their cheeks to light up. They always enjoyed public displays of affection; it further made them feel separated from the rest of the masses they despised.

As their tongues fought back and forth playfully, neither trying to hold dominance in their equal's presence, they could feel the light struggles from their shrunken captive slowly dwindling before dying away altogether.

Parting there, not so innocent kiss, Sophia and Alexis giggled as they watched Claire's standing form wobble before flopping into their cupped hands, her face a bright shade of red as she gasped for air. Claire's eyes beaded as she panted in exhaustion.

The surprise kiss had been unlike anything she had ever experienced before. It caught her completely off guard, not even giving her a chance to hold her breath. Lulling her tongue out, the brunette shuddered as she felt disheartened for some reason. The taste of their mouths was slowly leaving her own, but that didn't explain why it made her feel so… empty.

"Would you like another kiss, Claire?" Immediately the shrunken girls head shot up to yell no, but her slight pause was all the siblings needed to re-engage. Grinning, Sophia moved her and Alexis's hands away as their lips held Claire in place alone.

They were corrupting her ever so slowly… and that turned them on. Moving their respective hands to their mirrors sides, they pulled closer as their kiss deepened, Claire's entire upper form being shoved back and forth by their tongues, dancing in tandem.

The brunette hung limply, her mind dazed by the entire ordeal. Her body, it was floating in a hot, damp haze… it was, intoxicating. Not unlike what Kat had put her through yesterday, but this was much different all the same...

Feeling her body slowly slipping away, Claire soon gasped as she fell out from their mouths, landing with a light plop in Alexis's lap underneath her as she coughed up their spit. She had nearly choked to death… but she felt bad now… the warm haze was gone.

"Two days ago you would have screamed and thrashed during your *bath*. Do you feel it, Claire? Your body slowly adapting to the gift we gave it?" Sophia whispered huskily as her hands moved to the brunette's sides before she began to tug on the soaked clothes still clinging to her tiny frame.

Alexis giggled as she watched the shrunken girl's head slowly rising and falling back. "We missed you, Claire. All last night we were restless. You caused it. We missed you~" She mewed quietly before petting the tiny girls cheek affectionately.

With the warm haze of pleasure slowly dissipating, Claire blinked away the light dots still dancing over her vision before struggling against Sophia much to the blonde's annoyance. "Now, now, there's no need to fight us, we want to make you feel good. Hold still." With a stern command, Claire groaned as her arms shot to her side.

Whenever she did this, it always reminded her just how powerless she truly was to these two little girls. Shrunken or not, having your very movements stolen from you really left you with a sense of defeat. As her pants were finally torn away much to the blondes delights, they flicked the damp clothing onto the table next to them before gazing over Claire's nude form lustfully.

"Beautiful… for an adult." Alexis blushed timidly before looking up at her sister. "What shall we do first?" Both siblings turned quiet leaving the shrunken girl shivering and bare as she waited for the inevitable, objectionable pleasure soon to come.

As Alexis's face grew a brighter shade than her sister's, she smiled shyly before nodding. With a smirk, Sophia backed up from her before pushing the chair she had been sitting on away. Raising her head with resistance, Claire looked down confused… (Or possibly intrigued), as the blonde kneeled between her sister's legs with an equally bright blush plastered over her features.

"We've tasted you, Claire, now it's time for you to taste one of us.~" With widened eyes, Claire watched speechlessly as Alexis hiked up her black and red dress before tugging the shrunken girl with it. Still kneeling in front of her sister, Sophia looked at her striped panties before grinning viciously.

"You like these the most don't you Claire? You always wanted a pair but the thought of someone seeing you in them made you too embarrassed to even try them on. How do they look on my sister? She picked them out just for you, you know."

As she was lifted up off Alexis's lap, Claire shivered with uncertainty before her eyes widened further. Resting between the blondes legs was, in fact, a pair of panties she hadn't expected to see on someone so young. However, it was the color and pattern that made her freeze up.

‘Maroon, a fitting color I suppose. The patterns are divine, though. I'd almost question where you saw them before if I didn't already know.' Alexis giggled in her mind as Claire continued to shake her head in disbelief.

She had seen this exact pair… years ago. The light maroon panties had a rich tribal pattern laced into them cutting off into varying roses and thorns that ended near the arch between the center.it was exactly the same, down to the last thread.

‘W-When did… when did you even s-see this…?' Smirking, both blondes shared a devious smile before Sophia pressed her palm against Claire, ushering her forward slowly. "We know everything about you Claire, and we plan on showing you just how much we do with every passing day. We can take care of any of your needs, and every one of your fantasies~" Sophia whispered next to her ear before trailing her tongue along the brunette's back once more.

Quivering, Claire continued to stare unflinchingly at the lascivious lingerie until a hand moved to its side to slowly pull it away… however, once removed, Claire's eyes continued to lock on to the sight in front of her, now for many different reasons.

‘I… I can't, m-move…' Trying desperately to look away, Claire looked on dismayed as she stared at Alexis's exposed nether regions. It had never once crossed her mind to be attracted to someone so young, especially not the children she was in charge of but… her body, it was heating up again, and she hated it… it felt dirty and wrong…

Scowling, Alexis moved her free hand down before spreading her labia apart for the stunned girl. "There is nothing to be ashamed of, why do you feel shame? We've told you this before, your morals are made up, and they don't exist. There just a figment of your mind created by this negligible society you reside in!" She almost hissed as she continued to see Claire's point of view. She hated it…

Growling, both blondes glared at Claire before Sophia gave her a rough shove forward. Stumbling, Claire almost lost her balance before colliding with something soft… and warm, a-and… sticky… and… and… Claire's mind went blank as her hands sunk into what she already knew it was.

With a hitched breath, Alexis shuddered. "D-Doesn't it feel nice? Go on, do whatever feels right." Both siblings watched intently before grinning victoriously as Claire's hands moved on their own. The brunette's eyes widened in shock as she felt herself rubbing Alexi's exposed lips.

It was like she wasn't in control once again… but she knew Sophia wasn't playing with her strings this time. Her actions were her own… before she could stop herself, however, she pressed her face against the blonde's folds. She felt so warm…

Alexis gasped before grinning slowly. Glancing to Sophia, she nodded before inching her face closer to Claire. "Take that feeling, and embrace it." Before the brunette could get a hold of her senses her whole body was slowly pressed forward causing her to moan in bliss.

Alexis mewed lightly as she felt her sister's tongue, along with its welcomed guest being pressed into her lower lips. She had been patient, Sophia more than her in all honesty. It took incredible restraint for her not to press against her sister's head and increase the pleasure slowly being fed to her.

But this wasn't meant for her, not solely at least. Claire quivered in bliss as she felt her body being licked from head to toe, as she was forced further into the blonde's quim. Surrounded by wet warmth from one side, and damp secretions from another, it was too much to take in all at once.

It wasn't unlike the kiss the three had shared earlier, but this was much more erotic, and she knew why. With every breath she took, she felt the sibling's juices, saliva and otherwise being forced into her. She was being immersed by all sides, and she had never felt anything even remotely as wonderful as this.

Her first day with the twins, Kat's *bath*' even their prior kiss, they all paled in comparison. This was ecstasy, pure, and unrefined, pleasure. Trembling, Claire groaned, her mouth soon being flooded with the wonderful fluids she had somehow missed.

The taste, it lit up her mouth. As she rubbed her body into Alexis's, she felt herself being shoved further in by Sophia's tongue. If her mind wasn't so sex hazed as it was now, she'd wonder why the hell she didn't give into this sooner. She had never felt as good as she did now… every time the twins did something to her, it always got better…

They weren't lying when they said they could show her pleasures she'd never dream of. Sophia smirked as she was fed the thoughts and emotions from both her sister and her sister's makeshift *toy*. Lapping just as jubilantly, the blonde soon frowned as she heard her Alexis's commands.

She wanted this to last a bit longer. Pulling back, she sighed, before looking up at the small bead of flesh crowning her sister's folds. Moving her lips to it, she lapped lightly, along with the occasional bite she knew from experience was her sibling's weakness.

Clenching her chair, Alexis groaned as she felt her inner walls tighten around Claire. The foreign intrusion was just that, foreign. It had been so long since either of them had last used someone they had shrunk like this… and in those cases they tried to drag it out, they enjoyed watching their toys drown or suffocate in such degrading ways. They didn't have that luxury with Claire sadly, at least not to her knowledge.

Moving a few fingers in to poke Claire along a bit deeper, it soon grew too much for the young blonde as she stifled a light scream before bucking her hips into her sister's face, her climax having finally reached its peak.

As the walls around Claire tightened someone painfully the air surrounding her vanished snapping the brunette out of her haze long enough to struggle in fear having just realized where she truly was. However, her struggles were reciprocated nicely by the blonde who soon bucked her hips, a wave of her juices soon forcing itself onto Claire sending her back the way she had come in.

Raising her hands, Sophia smirked as she watched Claire flop out into a small puddle of her sister's essence. It reminded her of a fish out of the water, the way she flopped around, gasping for air. As Claire coughed and slipped, trying to get some kind of footing, she soon found her back forced down, before her ass rose on its own.

"You didn't finish, I guess I'll do the honors." Before Claire could even speak up, her eyes widened before she screamed in bliss. Alexis watched amused as her Sophia's tongue drove into the shrunken girl rather mercilessly.

As she heard the little girl finally scream and fall down limply into her sister's hands, Alexis soon relaxed. Claire had lasted longer than her, rather sad in hindsight, but she had to hurry this along. They were still in the middle of the daycare and someone would have noticed the erotic sight eventually.

No, they'd wait till they brought Claire back to their home before they would engage in anything longer than this… if they could wait that long. The brunette had really gotten to her, and she could tell just from one look Sophia was disheartened not to receive a turn like she had.

They'd correct that in the near future, however… Staring back at Claire's panting form, Alexis smiled warmly. "She didn't pass out, this time, improvement." Sophia gave her lips a final lick as she lapped away at all the juices both her sister and the shrunken girl had fed her. The taste was always her favorite part.

Nodding, she lifted Claire over Alexis before resting the naked girl on her dress. "Stay with her for now, I'll go see to our friends, May just arrived." Nodding the tired blonde smiled as she felt her legs shaking under her.

She could walk if she had to but it was nice of Sophia to do it on her own. Staring back at Claire's slowly rising form, she moved her hand over the damp girl before pushing her back down slowly. ‘Rest, catch your breath or you might pass out again.'

Claire shivered before doing as she was told. She felt sapped, drained of life… and content. Silence passed between the two once Sophia had retreated. It soon grew too much however as Claire slowly gathered her bearings, her mind finally coming down from it's high.

Rising slowly, (much slower now that she realized just how exhausted she was) the brunette looked up at Alexis's smiling face with conflicted feelings. Without missing a beat, Alexis's hand soon began to stroke her as she sighed.

‘You feel guilty, and dirty… yet we've been over this how many times?' grimacing, Claire closed her eyes. She did feel dirty. Even if the twins practically raped her, she still felt like some kind of pedophile for liking it…

Lifting her up slowly, Alexis glared at her warningly. "Do not, ever compare yourself to one of those. If you do, Sophia will hear of it, and we will punish you. Am I clear?" Claire's eyes widened at the dark tone. It was a threat clear as day, but the conviction behind it was startling.

‘B-B-But I-‘Claire's mind went blank slowly as Alexis kept her glare focused on her. "Never, say that, again." Nodding quickly, the brunette whimpered in fear. She had never felt such fear from Alexis till this moment, but she couldn't fathom exactly why… that might have been what scared her the most.

Calming, the blonde took a deep breath before pulling Claire into her stomach and cupping her gently. ‘You enjoyed it, that's what matters. Morals don't exist with people like us, in time, you will learn this… even if we have to drill it into you, each and every night… possibly multiple times.'

Claire blushed furiously as she heard a distinctive purr at that last part but said nothing as she curled up in her hands. She was cold from the fluids still covering her, and Alexis was giving her the warmth she craved.

Smirking, the blonde grinned. That hadn't been exactly her intention but it was nice to know it had an added effect on the tiny girl. As silence passed between them once more, Claire's mind slowly began to wonder, almost unaware, but always knowing that Alexis wasn't far behind in her thoughts.

It made herself check her own thought… rather unnerving in the end. As her mind continued to travel, however, a few odd thoughts did pass her mind that made Alexis raise her brow. "You haven't figured that out yet? I assumed your IQ was high enough without me tampering with it, was I mistaken?"

Blushing furiously, Claire glared up at Alexis, knowing she could tell even when hidden beneath her hands. After a moment thought, the blonde sighed before moving Claire back on her lap. "To answer your question, and all others that might travel along that train of thought, your body is in a type of stasis like it is now."

Claire blinked once, and then twice before Alexis groaned much like a teacher would talking down to a reluctant student. "The reason you don't feel common urged such as, eating, sleeping, septical…" She muttered the last one almost shyly before leveling her eyes back on Claire.

"Is because your body is paused is a sense. While you're at that height if you eat something it's stored in your body, but it remains there. Hence, why you don't feel hungry, and also why you don't feel the need for lavatories. As for sleep, if you're exhausted you will feel that but it takes a bit more then common exhaustion to really make you feel it. Your body as it is is improved. It's much more suited to how we need it to be until the time comes; when we either do or don't change you back."

Claire said nothing after that, her mind working out the details of what Alexis had said. This was still her body, but it almost felt foreign. She didn't need anything to keep it going, and her sense of… pleasure... was bordering on ridicules.

She had touched herself before when she was younger and it never felt even a fraction as good as the twins kiss had. "I'll take that as a compliment." Alexis giggled, causing the brunette to blush furiously. "Can't you leave my mind alone for five minutes…" ‘Not a chance~'

Sighing herself, Claire flopped down, still as naked as she had been as she waited for Sophia to return. Her conversations with Alexis were growing tedious and demeaning. Pouting, the blonde gently poked Claire before grinning.

"We can talk about other things if you'd like." Raising her brow, Claire shrugged. Anything was probably better than what they had been talking about before. Grinning somewhat sadistically, Alexis rested her chin on her palm as she stared down at Claire predatorily.

"Who was better, us or Kat?"

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

With the mid afternoon sun shining in through the opened doors of the Daycare, Claire looked out with worry as she watched each of the varies kids leaving to head home, all except a certain pink haired child.

‘You'll be fine. There isn't a mean bone in May's body. Just remember what we told you, don't let her take her eyes off you… or she might forget where you are.' Gulping, the brunette nodded as she watched Sophia and Alexis walking towards the smiling girl.

"I guess it's my turn now isn't it?" Nodding, Sophia moved Claire into the open before glancing to Kat who had stuck behind to watch. Her gentle eyes turned dark as she sent a glance to her friend. The girl in question either didn't notice, however, or apparently bat an eyelash.

With as much gentleness as she could muster, the pink haired child smiled sweetly as she gently cupped Claire before cradling her attentively. Looking up into the girl's large cerulean eyes, however, made most of Claire's fears seem to dwindle.

They were right. She didn't look threatening what so ever, just cheerful and comforting towards her whole ordeal. After both twins nodded to the pinkette, they gave a final glance to Claire before walking away, Kat soon following, if reluctantly.

Waving to the young girl, Kat paused momentarily before her eyes lit up. “What is it pretty lady?” Shaking her head still amused that she wouldn’t call her by her name. Claire waved her down till she was squatting in front of her.

“Kat, why don’t you head back to my apartment tonight and stay there. I think it will do you good.” The cat girl’s eyes widened in shock before her lower lip began to tremble. “B-B-But… But the pretty lady w-won’t be there with Kat…” She whimpered weakly, causing the brunettes heart to ache.

“Don’t worry, I promise I’ll be here tomorrow to greet you when you arrive. How does that sound?” Claire watched Kat sniffle a little but nod none the less. Smiling warmly, she opened her hands before Kat eagerly hugged the tiny girl against her cheek.

With a small smirk, Claire grinned at they broke their hug before whispering in her ear. “Make sure you take a bath tonight Kat. I don’t want my bed to be dirty when I come back.” The young Neko pouted cutely but nodded none reluctantly none the less.

And with that, she turned to leave. As she moved to the exit of the daycare, she gave one final look to Claire before her eyes landed on May. “Keep her safe…” It wasn’t exactly threatening, but May in turn jumped by the tone of her usually cheerful friend. Giving them both a quick wave, Kat took off in a light sprint, leaving them both to one another’s company.

Now alone, the sense of comfort soon began to fade however, as the brunette watched Kat’s retreating form. Almost if sensing the shrunken girl's unease, May hummed softly before petting her back calming her nerves.

"I hope we can be friends Claire, Kat wouldn't stop talking about you today. You seem like someone very precious to her. I hope you can see me as someone precious to you as well." Feeling her chest tighten up, Claire smiled warmly at the innocent tone the girl took with her.

It was unlike Sophia, Alexis, or even Kat. She seemed so irreproachable, pure… like a regular little girl. Nodding up to her, the pinkette's infections smile broadened before she began to walk out of the Daycare with her new friend in hand.

Whatever awaited her with May, hopefully, wouldn't be too bad, at least the twins had tried to best to reassure her as such. Only time would tell if they were right, or wrong…

End Notes:

Please review and tell me what you thought, and the likes. I hope this time the title is more fitting, i to think i could have named it slightly better then last time.

I'll see you all again hopefully soon with the next chapter. Bye!

May-be this won't be so bad? by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Hello everyone, and i'm happy to be back.

I hope you guys didn't mind the long wait, i'm sorry about that but i had a lot of trouble with both school and writing this when i had time to.

I finally had to wait till i could get some help with it because the events for this chapter took me a long time to get set in the way i wanted. But after showing it off and reading it over a few... dozen times, i think it looks about right.

I hope you guys enjoy it to!

Claire smiled contently as she rested her palms on her back, slouching leisurely. After Leaving the Daycare with May, she found that the walk they were sharing was rather enjoyable. Looking up at the pink haired child, she shook her head amused.

She looked completely carefree, almost to an absurd extent. As May hummed occasionally as they walked, she soon paused before looking around catching Claire’s attention. “Something wrong?” Blinking May looked down before smiling happily.

“Oh there you are, I thought I lost you for a second.” She giggled, causing the shrunken girl to gawk. “How could you have lost me you’ve been carrying me since we left?!” Staring down at the brunette blankly, May hummed quietly before shrugging.

“I’ll make sure to keep track of you this time.” Claire’s mouth remained open as she continued to stare up at May in disbelief. Was she serious? There was no way she could have forgotten here when she was in her hands!

‘Don’t let yourself be out of May’s sight or she might forget about you…’ Gulping, Claire shook her head. She thought that was some kind of a joke, could she really be this oblivious? “Claire?” Looking up now, having been pulled from her thoughts, the shrunken worker nodded as she saw a worried expression present on the toddlers face.

“Do you know where I live? I think I’m lost.” Silence passed between them both now, as Claire continued to stare up at May speechless. ‘What...’ Shaking her head slowly, May soon frowned before fidgeting. “Oh no, not again…” ‘Again?!’

Seeing the frightened expression she was sporting, the brunette gulped slightly. It didn’t look like she was faking this. “M-May?” Looking back down, the pinkette nodded, as tears began to form near her eyes. “N-N-Now, don’t cry, I… I mean you must know where you live right? How long have you been walking home?”

Almost like a switch was flipped, May’s tears went away as she smiled brightly. “I’ve been doing this for 6 months.” She stated rather proudly before she gasped. “Oh, I live up here!” Claire only had a moment to cry out as she clung to the eager child’s hand as she broke into a quick sprint.

‘W-W-What is going on?!’ With her white bunny hoodie, flapping freely in the wind, the pink haired child giggled with glee as she rounded a nearby street corner before coming to a rather abrupt stop, that would have sent the shrunken girl flying had she not been latched onto her hand for dear life.

“We’re here, welcome home! Wait, no this is my home… welcome to my home?” She tapped her chin in thought for a moment before looking down at Claire confused. “Why are you hugging me?” Panting, Claire looked up at May angrily before it died away instantaneously with her innocent cerulean eyes.

‘D-Damn it…’ she couldn’t be angry at her, those eyes were dangerous! Sighing, the brunette crawled to her feet tentatively before forcing a smile on her lips. “O-O-Oh, I just, wanted to show you my, appreciation, for carrying me here…?”

Looking down indifferently, May soon frowned before walking forward, confusing her. Had she said something wrong? “Let me show you my home. I hope you like it.” Scowling, Claire remained quiet as she heard the not so subtle change in her voice.

‘I wonder what that was about…’

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

May opened her front door quietly before peeking around as she scanned the room carefully. Smiling, she pushed the door the rest of the way before walking inside with Claire still in hand. “So this is where you live, huh…”

She hadn’t been expecting this. The front door opened into the living room, with a hallway leading to a small set of stairs she couldn’t see past and the corner showing an archway leading out of the room. Inside the room, were basic things you’d expect, nothing special?

‘Small couch, small TV, small bookshelf… I’m starting to see a pattern.’ Well, at least it wasn’t as bad as Kat’s living arrangements. Before she could dwell on the room further, however, both Claire and May froze as a woman with dark brown hair quickly walked into the room, passing May as if she weren’t even there.

Moving her hand in a swift motion, before the shrunken brunette could even utter a peep, May shoved Claire into her hoodie's front pocket before looking at the woman who seemed to be unaware of her presence.

“Hi mommy, I’m back…” Freezing, the woman quickly turned around before looking at May in shock. “May sweetie, what are you doing out of the Daycare, you were just dropped off?” Frowning, May simply pointed to a small clock on the wall next to her, prompting her mother to look up before her eyes widened.

“Three already? I could have sworn I just dropped you off… Wait, how did you get home?” The pinkette’s frown remained before she shrugged. “I walked home.” Scowling at her daughter, the dark-haired woman moved back to the archway briskly before screaming out.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU PICK UP MAY? SHE WALKED HOME AGAIN!” A few moments later something slammed in another room before another scream was heard. “IT WAS YOUR TURN TO PICK HER UP LIKE WE AGREED! DON’T PIN THAT ON ME!”

As her parents began to argue, quite loudly, in fact, the pinkette’s eyes trembled lightly before she walked towards the staircase at the end of the hallway before going up it. ‘They forgot their own child…’ Claire sulked speechlessly after hearing that.

How could they forget to pick her up from the daycare? She thought it was odd that May had been walking home to begin with since she looked the youngest out of all the girls the twins kept company with…

Hearing a door squeak open before shutting loudly behind her, Claire looked up as a small light entered the padded pocket she was nestled in, soon followed by a small hand. “I’m sorry I had to put you in there Claire… I didn’t want my mother to see you.” Her tone was hushed and almost raspy, confusing the shrunken brunette before she looked up, her heart soon clenching as she saw the saddened eyes May wore.

“M-May…?” Sniffling a little, the toddler, smiled sheepishly before moving forward towards a large pink bed in the corner of the room. “My parents work a lot… they don’t have time not to. We’re in debt.” Frowning, Claire shook her head.

Even if you had bills to pay, that’s not an excuse to forget our own child. Hopping onto her bed, May soon lifted Claire up before moving her back and forth. “Do you like my room?” Biting her lip, the brunette, scowled, wanting to not drop this subject, even if May wanted to.

Deciding to bring it up at a better time, the shrunken girl looked around before nodding slowly. White walls, a dark wooden dresser, a nightstand next to her pink bed, and a sweater chest near the end of it. It looked like a guest bedroom, a basic one really.

‘I guess that makes sense since she said her family is in debt.’ Looking back up at May’s excited eyes, she smiled warmly. “You have a lovely room May, it’s beautiful.” The toddlers smile broadened before she giggled happily.

“I think it’s cozy. It makes me feel safe when I’m in here.” Raising her brow, Claire nodded slowly. “I suppose you feel safest when you’re in your own room. They just have that effect on people.” She remembered when she was May’s age. Her room was like a sanctuary to her as well.

If she had a bad day and wanted to be alone and comfortable, she’d always hide in her room and play till whatever bothered her didn’t anymore. “Do you have questions to ask, or can I ask you some?” Looking back up at the pinkette, Claire nodded slowly.

Straight into it then, alright, she could do that. The sooner she got to know May the better. Setting the shrunken girl down, the white hooded toddler, soon crawled on her bed till she sat across from Claire, with her legs folded under her, resting now on her knee’s as she stared up her with enthusiasm.

“Can I go first?” Nodding, Claire smiled happily back. She was rather polite for her age, a nice surprise none the less. Humming quietly, a habit, Claire now realized she did whenever she thought about something, the shrunken girl waited before May smiled.

“What’s it like being all tiny?” Blinking, Claire’s brow rose slightly. That was the first thing she wanted to know? “U-Uh… I, I guess it’s alright? A bit scary at first, but… alright.” She shrugged sheepishly. Looking back at Claire with a focused expression, May soon nodded before smiling again.

“That’s a truthful answer, thank you.” Rubbing the back of her head, Claire nodded. ‘Truthful answer? That was odd even for her.’  Hearing the silence that soon followed, the shrunken worker looked up at May before it dawned on her.

‘Oh, she wants me to ask her something now.’ Blushing, from her lack of thought, she soon gave thought to her next question. “Can you tell me a little about yourself May? I know that’s not exactly a question, but I want to get to know you, is that alright?”

The pinkette turned her head slightly, curious, before nodding happily. “My name’s May, I’m four years old. I have lots of friends, and I love my parents.” After a few moments of quietness, Claire looked up at May confused.

“May, I already know all that. I want to get to know you, the actual YOU.” Looking down at Claire, seemingly not understanding the question, the brunette just shook her head. “N-Never mind lets come back to that later. Let’s see… I noticed your mother has lovely brown hair… I’m guessing yours was brown to at one point to, wasn’t it?”

May grinned before pulling on her hair lightly before petting it. “Do you like it? Sophia changed it for me. It looks all cute and cuddly now.” She giggled before stroking her hair enthusiastically, causing the shrunken girl to smirk. ‘Yep, she’s still a kid threw and threw.’

Maybe this was the change Kat mentioned before. Changing May’s hair color was somewhat odd in her opinion but if it made her happy, who was she to judge. Although it did make her question why her parents were either seemingly ok with it or if they could see it at all like Kat’s ears and tail.

Deciding to change the subject to a more pressing matter she waved her hand drawing the excited toddler’s attention back to her. ”How about you tell me how you met Sophia and Alexis as well?”

To say she was curious was an understatement. May didn’t seem that bad off. Her parents might be a bit overworked with whatever they did, but it didn’t look like she was troubled either. The only one she could compare May to was Kat and they both had polar opposite places they lived and lives.

The pink haired toddler said nothing for a moment as a small smile danced across her lips. “Their my friends, I love them both.” She whispered quietly before humming happily. “When I first went to the Daycare… it was a different place. Boys went there at one point. They were mean though and they picked on me…”

Frowning, Claire nodded as she heard the sadness in her tone. “But it wasn’t all bad… later. I didn’t have friends when I first got there, but after a few weeks, I was approached by them, the twins.” She grinned before looking down at Claire in excitement.

“They said I could play with them that day. So we did. We played and played for hours… it was the best day of my life…” She sighed, before shaking her head nostalgically. “After that day, things got better for me. The mean bullies that picked on me went away, and soon Alexis and Sophia introduced me to another… and then another, and finally another. I had friends, lots of friends.”

May finished quietly as she wiped a few tears from her eyes, causing the shrunken girl to smile somewhat. “And now they introduced me to you, you’re a friend to Claire aren’t you?” May asked almost pleadingly, causing the brunette’s heart to ache.

“Of course, I am May, I’ll be your friend.” Once again, the larger child looked at Claire with analyzing eyes before they lit up in excitement. “That was truthful! You want to be my friend!” She giggled happily, further confusing the brunette.

That was twice she said that now. That couldn’t have been a coincidence. “May, why do you keep saying that, I’m not going to lie to you, you know.” Giving the shrunken girl a big bubbly smile, the pinkette nodded before pulling her into a small hug.

“I know when people are lying, and that was truthful to. You’re a really nice person. You don’t lie like my parents do…” Claire looked up at May speechless now, both at her statement and what followed after. “Y-You can tell when people are lying to you?”

Pulling the shrunken girl back, May nodded happily before her eyes locked onto Claire’s. “Your face, it’s spotless, and when you smile your lips twitch upwards side by side, this means you’re happy and you’re being truthful. When you lie, though, your eyes bead and your tone lowers.”

Now Claire looked back at her shocked. Did she just analyze her facial patterns?! Opening her mouth to speak before feeling her words leave her, the shrunken brunette tried to figure out what this meant. “D-Did the twins… did they do this to you?”

Blinking, May hummed quietly before looking back at Claire confused. “What did they do to me?” Sighing, she waved her hand over her face before a look of understanding passed over the toddlers eyes. “Oh, Alexis fixed me. When we met, she said people were lying to me a lot. So she made me able to see when they lie now.” She said proudly before her smile soon fell.

“M-My parents lie a lot… not just to me but to each other as well… why do all adults lie?” Looking down at Claire now with incertitude, the shrunken girl didn’t know how to reply. “M-May… what do your parents lie about?”

Sulking, the child looked away for a moment before moving Claire onto her bed. “They don’t always forget me… they just say they do to make each other angry… they don’t like each other either. Whenever they say they love each other, they lie… Why do my mommy and daddy not love each other?”

The question in and of itself shocked the brunette. Looking towards the door where she could still hear arguing from the other end, her expression darkened before she grit her teeth. ‘W-What kind of parents are you!’

They obviously had some kind of marital issue, but they used their daughter to get back at each other?! Clenching her fists angrily, the shrunken worker seethed, before she felt a gentle pair of hands cup her tightly.

“C-Claire, are you mad at me to…?” Looking back at May shocked, she quickly shook her head before hugging her hand tightly. “O-O-Oh course not, don’t even think that! It’s your parents I can’t forgive… What they’re doing… I-It’s atrocious!”

Feeling herself pet gently now, the brunette sighed trying to get a hold of herself. She couldn’t help it, though. Parents were supposed to look after their children and love them more than anyone else… “It’s alright… I’m used to it by now…”

Shaking her head, she looked up at May feeling her own eyes beginning to tear up. Hugging the pinkette as tight as she could, she buried her face to hide the anger she was feeling. What an awful gift to give her if she found out such horrible truths from the two people who were supposed to love her…

Silence passed between them both now as May looked down at Claire curiously. “Why are you so sad? I don’t understand…” Sniffling, she looked up before shaking her head. “I, I just can’t fathom what’s going on in your parent’s heads… E-Even if they have issues they need to work out, using you… it’s unforgivable…” She whispered, before wiping her cheeks.

Frowning, May fidgeted slightly before a smile broke out over her lips. “I know what can make you happy!” Looking up at the toddler confused, Claire was set down again before May hopped off her bed and onto the floor.

“Whenever I feel sad, I always spend time with my friends… t-they listen to me…” Feeling a chill go down her spine now, Claire looked at what May was doing before her eyes widened. Moving a small box that had been covering it, a hole was revealed in her nightstand before she reached in and pulled something out, or multiple somethings…

Moving back to the bed, she grinned before dropping what it was she had in front of Claire. Looking down, the brunette gasped before she saw the barely conscious forms of multiple shrunken men. Each one looked haggard or just plain defeated, almost like their will had been broken long ago… and by the way they all looked she figured they had.

May looked over each of the shrunken people before her eyes rested on Claire. “These are my little friends. Sophia gave them to me after we first started playing together. I’ve kept most of them alive too! B-But my parents still won’t let me have a pet… They say I’m not responsible, b-but look! I’ve kept them all fed and bathed!” She cried in a pleading tone, almost like she was trying to sell Claire on the fact she did.

Looking back at the shrunken people, she shook her head confused. ‘K-Kat kept some to when she took me to her home… do each of the girls have their own private prison’s like these?’ That was a horrifying thought to say the least.

How could dozens of people go missing and yet no one figured something this huge out yet? Just how deep did the twins influence run in this city? Glancing back to May who was giggling happily as she petted a few of the immobile men, she shook her head.

“W-What do you do to them… D-Do you, do you hurt them like the others?” she whispered almost afraid to find out. Looking to Claire now, the toddlers eyes widened before she shook her head furiously. “NO, I NEVER HURT MY FRIENDS! I-I mean, not intentionally…” Whimpering, May looked away ashamed before reaching for one of the shrunken men, to out of it to fight her away.

As she picked him up, she rested the one-inch man in her palm before petting him gently. “T-There so squishy… I try to be gentle, b-but they pop sometimes… These are the few who don’t run away, though, so there easier to hold. The new ones like to run, and when I try to catch them…” Her voice trailed off before she made a popping noise with her lips, causing the brunette to visibly flinch.

‘D-Does she not see them as people?’ Looking back at the motionless guys, she shook her head. They must have witnessed horrific things to be this defeated. If they ran, May would try to catch them… and they might die… the only alternative was to not run, and just accept their fate?

Frowning, Claire shook her head. What did these people do to deserve this? It seemed like the twins had a story for each of them. What if these had just been unlucky people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Hearing the light laughter near her, Claire’s eyes focused back on May as she wiggled her finger against the man in her palm. “This one likes being tickled, he’s always so friendly!” Glancing over her colossal hand, Claire’s confusion was evident before her eyes widened in horror at where May was touching him.

With the man lying on his back, her finger wiggled playfully against his groin, as a look of happiness washed over his face. Feeling disgusted at what she was seeing, Claire growled before looking back at May. “What do you think you’re doing?!”

Looking back at Claire confused, May didn’t get a chance to respond before she crawled into her hand herself and shoved the toddler’s free hand away. “D-Don’t touch him like that!” Looking back at the man in case he was hurt, her face contorted into a look of surprise before rage as she saw the man scowling back at her.

‘W-Was he enjoying that purposely?!’ “Claire what’s wrong? I always tickle him like this. I’m not hurting him I swear! He always looks happy when I do it.” She whispered with worry before flinching as she saw the enraged look crossed the brunette's face.

Before May could even ask what was wrong, she gasped in shock as she saw the brunette tackle the man screaming. Falling off her hand with the much small man crying in pain, she glared at him intensely before kicking him away.

“Get the hell away from her you pedophile!” Feeling herself suddenly restrained, she glared angrily upwards before her eyes softened as she saw the tearful eyes of the child she was defending. “C-Claire, y-you hurt him… w-why would you do that to my friend…?”

Growling, she tried to look back at the man, but she couldn’t see far enough, he had to have scampered away from her and for good reason. Looking back at May with stern eyes, she took a deep breath before speaking.

“M-May, he’s not your friend! He was letting you touch him like that because he’s sick!” the pinkette’s eyes continued to tear up as she looked between Claire and who she assumed was the man in question. “B-But why is he sick, does he have a cold?”

Growling, Claire shook her head before sighing. “N-Not, he’s not sick like that, he’s a pervert! He was letting you touch him… d-down there…” Looking back up hoping her point was getting across she scowled. She still looked completely confused by her words.

‘She's still too young to understand what was happening…’ Moving her hands over May’s she tried to give her a calming smile as best she could before hugging her tightly. “Y-You need to just trust me on this May. I know you don’t understand what I’m trying to tell you, but what he was making you do is bad! Am I lying to you?”

As the pink haired toddler’s eyes scanned her face, a look of understanding, while still clueless crossed her face before she nodded. “I-If you say so… why is it bad though? He liked when I tickled him, he always let me play with him.”

Clenching her teeth, she growled before fidgeting in May’s grasp. If she wasn’t restrained right now she would have gone back over to the man and kept kicking him! Lowering her head sadly, she shook her head before meeting May’s eyes.

“You just need to trust me on this. When you go to the Daycare tomorrow, tell the twins what happened. They can probably explain it better than I can…” pouting, May nodded disheartened before letting go of Claire and moving her hands towards the shrunken men still on her bed.

“I think I should put them away now… it’s getting close to dinner time anyways…” Sighing, Claire flopped on the pink bedsheets before shaking her head dismayed at what she had witnessed. She was holding out hope that these people were somehow innocent but after seeing that she was beginning to believe the twins might have been right…

‘Does that make me a bad person?’ She was basically forsaking countless people on account of the few bad cases she witnessed or at least was told… ‘N-No, don’t give up hope…’ They couldn’t all be bad, maybe just confused?

Sighing once more she just slouched into the bed as May got off it, placing the group of shrunken men back in their hole and moving the box that had been covering it back. “Alright, let’s wash up and get some food, I’m hungry.” She giggled, causing a small smile to cross Claire’s lips.

After what just happened she expected the girl to be in a bad mood, but it seemed like no matter what happened she would just bounce back to her bubbly self. Grinning, Claire nodded before she was picked up as well.

Maybe some food and conversation after this would make her feel a bit better… even if only a little…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 May sat in silence as her eyes darted back and forth between her parents who seemed more focused on one another’s issues then they did on the food in front of them. Making sure neither were noticing, even if she knew they weren’t, her hand would occasionally dart below the table to set some food on her lap, where Claire quietly sat as she listened in on the conversation above her.

To say she was unnerved was an understatement. When May told her that her parents didn’t like each other she was beginning to believe it. She could hear the malice in their words. What honestly surprised her was why they were even together.

Between talk of their checks bouncing or their failed initiatives in their jobs, it was hard to believe they even realized their daughter was sitting right in front of them. ‘And I thought Kat had it rough, are all of Sophia and Alexis’s friends going to have issues like these?’

On a brighter note though at least the pinkette didn’t try to threaten to hurt her… so pluses there she supposed. Smiling somewhat at that dark thought, she shook her head. Maybe she could help May when she grew back somehow… well, if she grew back. That was still up in the air at this point.

‘Not to mention I still have to spend a day with Lilith… LILY!’ Damn, a slip up like that would get her killed if she said it to the raven haired child’s face. Sighing, she took a bite of the bread was given before looking back up at May’s smiling face.

She just couldn’t understand what kept this child going. Her parents were a train wreck, and she had to guess her life had been hard to. But yet whenever she fell down, she bounced back within seconds. ‘You’re one of a kind,’ she giggled before lying back against the toddler’s white rabbit hoodie.

Feeling her eyes beginning to close, a quick comment that reached the shrunken girls ears suddenly made her shoot upwards. “May, why are you putting food under the table?” Her mom asked in a stern tone causing the pink haired child to freeze like a deer in the headlights.

“Did you bring something into the house again?” Shaking her head quickly, before May could answer her mother was already on her feet pulling the chair her daughter sat in away to see for herself. As May cried out in fright she looked down before blinking herself.

“C-Claire…?”, “What did you say?” Looking back up at her mother quickly, May shook her head before lifting her hands up. “I-I didn’t bring something home mommy, I didn’t!” Staring at her daughter sternly before looking back at the slight trail of crumbs left on her shirt she furrowed her brow before stepping away.

“Clean up the mess you made and stop dropping food on the floor.” Nodding quickly, the toddler waited till her mom sat down before looking around her chair. “C-Claire…?” Feeling tears beginning to swell up within her eyes she shook her clothes out vigorously before her eyes widened as she felt something tugging her shirt beneath her hoodie.

Pulling the front away she looked in her shirt before her eyes lit up. “T-That was to close for c-comfort…” The brunette groaned both literally and figuratively. If she hadn’t been listening to their conversation she wouldn’t have dived under her jacket at the last second.

Peeling herself off, she moved over to the extended hand May was giving her before she pulled Claire out and moved her to her pocket discretely. Quickly picking up what was left, she moved it over her plate before getting up to leave.

As she began to walk away, however, she gave one last look to her parents before sighing. They hadn’t even noticed her excuse herself it seemed. Heading back to her room, she smiled however as her hand rested over her pocket.

Shutting the door behind her quietly, May reached in before pulling out Claire happily. “I was so worried! I thought mommy was going to do something to you if she saw you. She doesn’t let me keep pets.” Scowling at the pet part of that statement, Claire brushed it off before nodding.

“I figured you’d want me to stay hidden. The last time I checked the twins didn’t exactly involve your parents… at least to my knowledge…” She muttered somewhat annoyed about how much she had been kept in the dark before she felt herself being lifted upwards.

Cupping the shrunken worker against her cheek, May nuzzled her gleefully before petting her back. “Thank you so much! You’re the bestest friend I have!” Giggling, Claire nodded before hugging her back. “Don’t mention it… not that I think you can anyway.”

Moving over to her bed, the toddler hopped on it before lifting Claire over her. “We have time before my bedtime… c-can we talk?” Looking down at her confused, she nodded before a large grin spread over her lips.

“Yay!” Rolling over on her bed, she set Claire down before propping her head up on her elbows. “How come you’re so different than other mean adults? You’re nice to us and you listen to me. You’re the only one who does.”

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, Claire shrugged not really sure herself. “I, I guess it’s just how I was raised really. Ever since I was a teenager I’ve found that I liked being around children. You're always so happy and optimistic. You never see the bad things around you and always look to make things and others better. I guess it’s just a passion.”

May watched her closely before nodding slowly. “What made you want to work at our Daycare?” Smiling warmly, Claire sighed before remembering how excited she had been when she saw the help wanted ad for the youth center.

“I guess the thought of helping all of you girls, it just made me feel fuzzy and excited. The pay was decent and the job would have been fulfilling. It was kind of a dream position really…” Seeing the disheartened look on the brunette's face now, May frowned herself.

“Aren’t you happy to be working there?” Nodding slowly, Claire smiled before feeling it leave her face once more. “It was… for the one day I worked there. I’m sure you realize now that I can’t exactly work at this size… I-If the twins decide to keep me like this, p-permanently I mean… I won’t get to work there anymore… not to mention I don’t know if I could after everything I’ve seen…”

May’s eyes widened before she looked at Claire pleadingly. “B-B-But you have to stay! You’re the first person there who’s ever treated us nice! Kat calls you a nice lady all the time, and it’s true! Please don’t leave… I don’t want you to go…” She whimpered quietly, causing the brunette's heart to ache.

‘It’s not my decision to make…’ Sighing, she nodded before giving the toddler a comforting smile. “If the twins allow it, then I’ll try to stay…” May looked at Claire’s face before she frowned. “You’re not telling the truth now… a-are you lying?”

Looking back at May surprised, Claire quickly shook her head. “I’m not lying to you, I said I wouldn’t! But what you’re asking me… it’s something not in my control… whatever happens, Sophia and Alexis control it… I don’t have a say in this matter.”

They held all the cards in whatever little game they were playing. If she was just a piece they needed, then they could use her however they wanted then discard her once they were done with her. She honestly didn’t know what was going to happen after the dust settled.

Silence passed between them both as an eerie quietness filled the room. Both wore the same looks of discontentment at what had been said before May looked up first attempting to break the tension. “No.” Looking up at her confused, Claire suddenly froze.

The look on the toddlers face was unlike any she had seen before. She saw her excited, happy, scared, sad, clueless, but the look she was giving her now… the closest thing she could compare it to was resolution. “N-No what?”

“No. You’re not leaving the Daycare. I won’t let you.” Claire would have staggered in surprise now if she had been standing, but with her current position the most she could muster to emphasize her surprise was her jaw hanging open abruptly.

“M-May, I don’t think you have a say in the matter. I already told you-“,”That the twins decide what they do with you. And I said no.” She said firmly, once more surprising the shrunken girl. “They gave you to me. They also gave you to Kat, and they plan on giving you to the others. We decide what happens to you too. And I say no. you’re staying at the daycare.” She huffed before folding her arms across her chest.

The tone she took was one of determination, causing a small smile to form on Claire’s face. Giggling, May unfolded her hands before cupping Claire tightly. “I won’t let them do anything to you. You’re my friend, and friends shouldn’t be mean to friends.”

Nodding slowly, the brunette felt her eyes almost tearing up. She had known May for less than a day and here she was saying she’d defend her if the Twins attempted to do anything to her. She doubted she’d be able to stop them if they tried but still the act was enough to choke her up.

Moving forward, she gave the pinkette’s hand a big hug before smiling warmly. “T-Thank you, that means a lot to me.” Nodding, May reciprocated the hug before rolling over once more with Claire now resting on her chest.

As the two sat in silence once more, only this one being more of contentment then displeasure, May soon broke it as a loud yawn escaped her mouth. “Getting tired already?” Nodding wearily as her eyes began to lull slowly shut, Claire nodded before moving to her side.

Sliding down her hoodie, she soon sat next to May before resting her own eyes as well. After everything was said and done, she felt exhausted. Yawning with as much noise as May had Claire soon snuggled close to the pink haired child before letting herself relax.

She felt safe with May, something she hadn’t felt in a long time. She wouldn’t mind letting this feeling drag out for a while longer…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Claire’s eyes suddenly shot open as a loud crashing noise startled her awake. Looking around frantically, she blinked away her sleepiness before looking over the edge of the bed she was on. On the floor was the small box May had used to cover the hole in her nightstand.

Scowling, the brunette turned to the sleeping child before she smiled. She looked so content. She just couldn’t find it in her heart to wake her up. Sighing, she moved to the edge once more before gripping the fluffy pink coverings.

Scaling the side slowly, she made sure not to look down in case her composure slipped. She might have been only three inches tall but still, the prospect of falling frightened her all the same. Landing lightly, she looked around before making her way over to the fallen box.

As she peeked over the corner her eyes widened slightly as she saw a group of three men currently crawling out of the hole and onto the ground near her. ‘There trying to escape?’ she couldn’t fault them for it but where did they plan on going? At one inch a piece, it’s not like they could survive on their own.

Frowning, she decided to try to talk with them. Maybe they would see the same flaws in their plan as she did. As she approached, however, her eyes locked onto one of the men before rage flowed through her. Standing next to two others she didn’t recognize, was the man May had been… playing with unintentionally.

Growling, she stormed over now, not so much caring for their wellbeing as to chew the man out. “Hey, you pervert! What do you think you’re doing?” Instantly all three froze before their eyes shot open in surprise having not been caught by the child that had held them captive but the larger girl she seemed to keep company with.

Staring up at the towering amazon (to them), the first man she recognized looked at her shocked before scowling. “What the hell does it look like? We're getting out of here.” Crossing her arms, Claire glared bitterly at the man before nodding.

“Fine, get the hell away from here. I don’t want you or your friends near May!” Smirking, the men nodded not caring one way or the other why the woman in front of him was there before taking off in the opposite direction. Clenching her fists, the shrunken girl bit her lip now feeling her anger bled away a bit.

Should she have stopped them? Sure at least one of them deserved something horrible to happen to him but what of the other two? Stomping her foot, she groaned before shaking her head. Running over to the still retreating men, she caught up with them quickly before jumping past them and blocking their way forward.

“H-Hold on… Where do you all plan on going, have you even thought this through?” Seeing the confusion evident on their faces she thought as much. “L-Look, I know what happened to you must be tragic, b-but I know for a fact that child up there is looking out for your guy’s wellbeing’s. If you run away now, do you think you’ll survive for even a day without her help?”

Smiling now as she saw her words reaching their better judgment she was about to continue before the first man stepped forward. “Hey just let us leave alright. Anything’s better than being with that crazy bitch. She’s killed dozens of people already!” With his words seemingly snapping his friends back, they both nodded before they started running, or at least tried to tell Claire stepped in front of them darkly.

“What, did you just call May…?” The supposed leader of the three looked up at her confused before he paled as he saw the hateful glare he was being given. “Don’t, you ever! Call her a bitch! She’s the most sensitive and gentle child I’ve ever met! If you so much as say even one thing negative to her again, I’ll…” Trailing off angrily, Claire just shook her head.

She was bluffing. Her anger was there but she didn’t think she could harm somebody else. She was a pacifist for a reason.  Before the conversation could escalate any further, a large shadow soon loomed over them all, however, drawing their attention upwards.

Paling, Claire jumped backward in shock just in time as a massive foot landed where she just stood but seconds before. Gasping in horror, she looked up to see May groggily standing over her looking around confused. Taking another step forward, adrenaline kicked in at the last moment causing Claire to leap out of the way again as the weary toddler wobbled forward.

“C-Claire… where are you? *yawn*…” As she continued to walk around and look for the shrunken girl, she failed to notice the toppled over box on the floor, or the red smear next to it. Groaning painfully, the brunette looked over at May before her eyes locked onto the two running forms near her.

She was a few inches tall and she just barely made it away from the pinkette’s colossal barefoot that almost crushed her… but the two one inch men currently screaming in terror weren’t as lucky. Looking back where she had just been, her heart sank now as she saw what remained of one of the men.

‘S-S-So this is what they meant…’ Looking up at May’s confused face she could tell she didn’t even realize what she was doing to the tiny men currently fleeing from her. Gulping, Claire bit her lower lip before crawling to her feet.

“MAY, DOWN HERE!” Flailing her arms, the shrunken girl cursed angrily. It seemed she was too tired to even hear her. Running forwards to what very well looked like suicide Claire locked her eyes on the two men before attempting to reach them in time.

“Hey, come over here I-“ Claire was suddenly deafened as May’s left foot slammed next to her, the sound causing her ears to ring from how loud it had been. Falling backward, the brunette cried out in fear as she rolled away barely avoiding the toddler’s toes, which pivoted as she turned back around.

As the two men looked up at the now looming shadow they had just barely escaped, their screams lasted for but a moment before the pink haired child’s foot fell over them, their tiny forms being flattened within seconds, to the point she didn’t even feel them at all.

Coughing painfully, Claire looked up in tears before screaming. “MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!” She suddenly froze now before turning around. “Claire? Where are yo- AHH!” She cried out before her right foot stumbled onto her pajama bottoms causing her small form to fall forward… right over Claire.

Clenching her eyes, Claire waited for the painful feeling to hit her knowing there was no way she could make it out from under her in time, but the only thing she felt was the light shove of fabric against her form pushing her backward.  Crawling to her knee’s, the brunette looked up, still in tears as she saw May’s fallen form just centimeters from where she had been tossed.

Shuddering, she shook her head in disbelief. Her hoodie had to have hit her just at the right moment… That was a one in a million chance of happening though… b-but she was alive… Cupping her mouth, she shook her head before wiping away her tears.

She had been scared before, more times than she could recall in the past few days but this had been the only time she saw her life ending like it almost had. Shivering, she stayed still as May slowly leaned up, a light whimper following her voice.

“Owe… not again…” Rubbing her bottom lightly, the prone toddler looked around confused before her eyes widened. “CLAIRE!” Scampering over her wooden floors, she looked around before her eyes locked onto the red smears in front of her.

“C-C-Claire…” Feeling her eyes tear up, May screamed before crying loudly. Looking up at the wailing child, the brunette grimaced before walking over towards her, trepidation evident in her movements. However after each footstep she took, her eyes softened before she smiled sadly up at her.

“MAY!” Sniffling, the pinkette looked around confused before she felt something tugging on her pajama bottoms. Looking downwards, her face suddenly brightened before she clutched Claire for dear life, tears once again falling down her cheeks as she hugged the startled girl into her chest. “CLAIRE!”

Smiling softly, Claire buried her face into the crying child’s chest. “It’s alright May, you don’t need to cry anymore, I’m fine.” Sputtering as she tried to control herself, she nodded slowly before lifting Claire upward to look at her, almost as if she wasn’t really there to begin with and she had to reassure herself.

“D-Did I, did I hurt y-you?” she stuttered as fear gripped her. Giving her a warm smile, the brunette shook her head before rubbing her hands along May’s. “You didn’t hurt me May, everything’s alright.” Scanning the shrunken girls face now, May’s mood soon brightened before she happily hugged Claire once again.

“I was so worried! I, I thought I lost you… w-why weren’t you with me anymore?” she whispered in a pleading tone, causing the brunette to frown. Sighing quietly she told May what happened knowing it wasn’t going to be a pleasant conversation.

By the end of it like she assumed, May was in tears again, leaving the shrunken worker to comfort her as best she could. “Shhh, May it’s fine. T-They were bad men, you don’t need to feel bad about what happened. You didn’t do it purposely.”

Sniffling, she rubbed her runny nose on her sleeve before nodding sadly. Looking over at the large hole she had been covering, she whimpered before moving the fallen box back in place. She’d have to fix it so this wouldn’t happen again…

Moving back to her bed now with Claire in hand, May soon crawled under her covers before clutching the brunette tightly. “Please try to cheer up. You know it was an accident. Please?” Nodding, May frowned before rubbing her wet cheek against the shrunken girl.

“I’m just sad that something almost happened to you… I don’t want you to go away… P-Please, tell me you won’t leave me…?” Feeling her heart strings tugged once again, Claire smiled lovingly at the little girl in front of her before nodding.

“For as long as I’m around, I’ll always be here for you May. I promise.” Seeing the small smile appear on her lips now, she listened quietly till she heard her breathing slow signaling she had fallen back asleep before Claire sighed.

‘Even with someone as gentle as May things can still happen… to me or others…’ Frowning, she tucked herself into the blankets surrounding her before cuddling herself into the child. She knew she wouldn’t be getting to sleep for the rest of the night after what she just witnessed.

She could only hope the events of tonight were the last of her life or death run-ins. But deep down she knew better… she was still going to have to deal with the following events leading up to the twins master plans…

Closing her eyes, she rested tiredly. She was exhausted after that. Letting her mind wander for a while, it soon found its way back to the twins, haunting her for the rest of the night that followed… The next days were only going to get harder from this point on… and she didn’t know if she’d be strong enough to survive what would happen next…

End Notes:

And, chapter complete :)

I'll try to get on with the next one asap, and if worst comes to worst and i procrastinate, i'll get some help from my loving mentor again xP

Please review and tell me if you liked it or hated it, i want to know what i can change!

bye guys!

 

A wager between friend's by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back people, i hope the wait wasn't to bad this time. I tried to rush it a bit to hurry it along but after reading the original draft I... I was not impressed. So I started from scratch and I think this one's a winner.

But what do I know, it's your reviews that tell me if it's good or not :)

My storys only as great as you guys and galls make it.

So enjoy!

“You really should have asked your parent’s to drive you to the Daycare. The streets aren’t safe around this time you know. The first week I arrived here I was followed!” Claire exclaimed somewhat fearful, only to receive a quiet giggle from her pink haired companion whose shoulder she currently rode on.

“Don’t be silly Claire, nothing’s going to happen to you while you’re with me.” May beamed proudly, causing the brunette to sigh. “I’m not worried about myself May. You’re still young. People might try to mug you, o-or abduct you!”

Glancing to the clearly worried Claire, May smiled warmly before moving her hand over her and patting her gently. “I’ll be fine. I’ve been walking back and forth to the daycare for months. Besides, I’ve never had any issues with strangers. They listen to me.”

Blinking, Claire looked up at her confused before she was met with a pair of large cerulean eyes staring back at her. “Can you hug me?” Claire paused abruptly before frowning. “Where did that come from?” Leaning down, she smiled as she gave the toddler a small hug before she grinned victoriously.

“Did you want to hug me?” Pulling away now completely lost, Claire was about to say yes till her mind caught up with her actions. ‘Wait…’ Did she want to hug May because she asked her to? It was a peculiar thought but something was nagging at her now.

“M-May… Did, did you just force me to hug you?” The pinkette grinned before shaking her head. “I didn’t make you do anything, but you wanted to. Can you give me another hug?” Raising her brow now, the odd thought left her bringing a feeling of happiness to the shrunken girl. Leaning down she smiled warmly once more as she hugged the pink haired child before she gawked.

“Wait, how are you doing that?!” It was like some kind of cuddly mind control! Giggling, May stopped walking before kicking her feet shyly. “Alexis and Sophia wanted to keep all of their friends safe so they made us special like them. Kat can move really, really quickly! Kai can make people see things too! And I can tell people not to hurt me. I-I’ve… I’ve used to on my daddy once… he was really mad, though! I don’t like doing it to people though so I never use it, especially not on my friends… I-I’m sorry I did it to you, Claire…”

She whimpered the last part sadly as tears began to form. ‘Crap!’ “M-May, please don’t cry it’s alright! I asked you and you showed me. There’s nothing to apologize for. I’m actually really grateful you told me this. I already knew Kat had some changes made to her. But what you just told me about you and Kai I didn’t, so thank you.” She smiled warmly causing the pink haired toddler to nod slowly.

“S-So you’re not mad at me?”,” Of course not.” To make her point, she gave the larger girl another hug, eliciting a gleeful giggle back. “Ok, I promise I won’t do it again alright!” Grinning, Claire nodded.

“Sounds like a deal to me.” As May continued walking, something soon began to pester the shrunken girl, however. ‘Kat’s strong and fast, May controls people, and Kai can make them see things? What about Lily?’ She had forgotten to mention her.

Looking up at May now the question bothered her somewhat but she felt compelled to ask it regardless. “H-Hey May?” Pausing once more, the toddler looked at her companion before frowning. “What’s wrong Claire?”

Biting her lip, the shrunken worker sighed knowing she should probably get as much information in the end about the rest of her friends. Whatever she might learn could save her life if it came to it. “C-Can you tell me about Lily? You never said what changes the twins made to her.”

Claire visibly jumped at the dark look she was given before May continued to walk, now at a much slower pace, like she had to watch what she said carefully. “L-Lily… S-She’s not like us, my friends… She’s different.”

Frowning, Claire was about to ask before May gave her a rather stern look silencing her before she could say anything else. It just looked so out of place on the bubbly girl it left her speechless. “I, I don’t want to talk about her… she’s mean…”

Now much more curious than she had originally been, Claire was about to ask before feeling her word leave her as she saw the grim expression the child wore. ‘F-First Kat, now May? Why did they think so little of Lily?’ Wasn’t she their friend too?

Silence rested between them both now as May continued to walk to her destination, the unpleasant atmosphere forcing them to speak no more, on that matter, or otherwise…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Sophia and Alexis sat together just outside the Daycare, their expressions indifferent as they waited patiently for a certain pink haired child. Glancing to one another they nodded before standing simultaneously as their friend soon turned a corner leading to them.

‘I sense Claire, she’s alive.’ Both smiled now before waiting once again for the pinkette to make her way over to them. Looking up at her friends, May beamed happily before quickening her walk over to them. “Good morning!”

Nodding, they both smiled before looking to Claire who sat quietly on the girls shoulder. “It seems things turned out well for you both? At least, we assume.” Sophia spoke up earning a happy nod from the toddler.

“Last night was fun! It was like we had a slumber party! At least I think that’s what those are like… Do you need more than one person for one? But if you’re talking all night why is it called a slumber party? Huh…” Smirking, both blondes looked to Claire knowing their friend was getting off topic whenever she thought hard on something too long.

“Are you alright this morning?” Blinking, the brunette looked up to the twins before nodding slowly. “Yea, I’m alright.” Though their expressions remained indifferent, a dark look took over Alexis’s face as she went over the shrunken girls memories carefully. As her cheeks dusted over a light pink, both blondes brooded silently.

“May, would you mind meeting up with us later, w-we have something we need to discuss with you…” Sophia muttered somewhat shyly confusing the pinkette. Looking to them both, she nodded before reaching for Claire.

“Alright… Well, I guess this is goodbye then Claire… It really was fun having you stay with me. You’re the first person who’s talked with me like this in a long time…” she whispered, her voice growing hoarse as tears began to form.

Showing the young girl her warmest smile, Claire hugged the child’s hand before giving her a quick kiss. “Don’t be sad May. I’ll make you another deal. Anytime you feel like talking with me or catching up, just come see me and we can. Sound good?”

The pink haired toddler looked at her face closely before more tears formed. “T-Truthful… Thank you!” Crying out in shock, the brunette had little time to brace herself as she was smothered in a large hug by the child.

Grinning, both blondes looked to one another already knowing where May stood on the matter of the shrunken girl. ‘Two down,’, “Now just two to go.” After a few minutes, May pulled away, (with a lot of encouragement from Sophia) before handing Claire over to the blondes.

“I’ll see you soon Claire. Thank you again.” Bowing her head respectfully, she waved to the blondes before she ran into the daycare giddily. As the twins watched her retreating form, their smiles grew as they looked down at the flustered girl.

“So you like being smothered? That’s rather depraved.” Glaring up at Sophia, Claire remained quiet knowing by now whatever she said in defense to herself was always twisted by the blondes. “Aww, cat got your tongue? Or maybe you want Kat’s tongue to catch you again?” Blushing heavily, she remained quiet causing the twins to pout.

“Well, you’re no fun anymore. It seems like yesterday we could cause you to shriek with embarrassment yet now you’re just a prude.” Scowling, Claire looked up at them before crossing her arms. “That was yesterday, and don’t think I’m going to give you the satisfaction of corrupting me, it’s not going to work.” She spoke in a matter of fact causing both sisters to grin viciously.

“Corrupt you?”, “Claire we just want to free you from your fruitless morals. They have no place in our future together.” Turning away from them, the shrunken girl continued to hide her face causing the Sophia and Alexis great satisfaction.

“You may hide it, but we can see you’re still bothered by the things we do to you. Maybe you really just want us to keep doing such naughty things to your body. Why else do you fight us so much? You like the challenge don’t you.” Alexis’s smile broadened as she saw the angry look she was given by the brunette.

She was still easy to toy with. “Would it make you feel better if we told you a secret?” Claire’s lips twitched as she tried to keep her scowl in place before growling. “W-What secret…?” Before she could even turn to look at them both, she gasped as her head was pressed roughly into a kiss by both twins, their lips pressed against one another’s as their tongues slithered around her face in a battle for dominance.

Both Sophia and Alexis closed their eyes as quiet moans escaped their mouths. For Claire, it was just as intense. Her mouth hung open as she felt her tongue trying to join in. It just felt so warm and inviting, intoxicating even. It felt… natural…

After a minute of their lips resting against one another’s, both twins broke apart loudly as they caught their own breaths, a trail of saliva connecting them each to the staggering brunette who soon fell to her knee’s coughing.

‘I-It hurts…’ Cupping her pants, she grimaced as she felt her arousal nipping at her now, just a kiss from the twins and she felt something this intense?! Smirking, Sophia wiped away her saliva before leaning in once again, her lips resting right in front of the brunette in a taunting fashion.

“The secret Claire is that you’ll belong to us one way or another~. And this pleasure will be just the tip of the iceberg. Your morals will abandon you, and you’ll ache every day, just like this, to be with us. And we’ll happily reward you, just, like, this~”

Claire shuddered as she felt Sophia’s tongue once again stroke her face before she parted with a quick kiss. Falling on all fours, the shrunken girl gritted her teeth as she tried to hold back the tidal wave of pleasure she felt… but she couldn’t.

Screaming into Alexis’s hand, she bucked her hips as she writhed in blissful discomfort. Both Sophia and Alexis chuckled darkly as they watched with satisfaction. They knew her weaknesses, ones she didn’t even know she had. And with every day, she would be pushed just a little more till she wanted this herself. It was all a matter of time in the end. She would submit to their will, and she would love every second of it.

Feeling her orgasmic high fading slowly, Claire soon whimpered as the damp wetness between her legs tingled reminding her of the twin’s words. That had felt breathtaking… Just a kiss and she wanted more… “You can have as much pleasure as you want Claire~” Alexis whispered next to her ear, causing the shrunken girl to stiffen.

“All you need is to ask, and we will gladly give. We’re generous and don’t ask for much in return either.” Sophia whispered into her other ear before both blondes smiled warmly. “We live to please our friends, and you’ll be our very special friend, if only you ask~”

Feeling herself nod slowly, her eyes widened before she shook her head furiously. “N-N-No!” Pouting, they pulled away before sighing. “I suppose you’re getting closer. Maybe in another day, you will agree. Pity, we were looking forward to so much fun today.” Alexis scowled before both their eyes widened.

She had gotten really close to them and Alexis hadn’t even sensed her till she was right on them. “PRETTY LADY!” Claire blinked slowly before she felt herself suddenly grasped tightly and lifted into the air. Looking around as her mind seemed to return, she smiled warmly at the ecstatic face she had grown to love in such a short time.

“H-Hey Kat, it’s nice to see you-“She paused however as she looked over the young Neko… or more what she was still wearing. “Kat! I told you not to wear those in public anymore!” the orange-haired child smiled giddily before giggling.

“But Kat loves her new outfit! You gave it to Kat so Kat will wear it all the time!” Groaning, she hung her head sadly. That hadn’t been her intention in the slightest. “Kat you need to wash it at some point you can’t just keep it on all the time… A-A-And it’s improper!”

Both blondes smirked knowing that hadn’t been the first thought on her mind when she saw Kat enter. The scene however was rather amusing none the less. Giggling, the cat girl waved Claire around happily before hugging her into her chest.

“Kat missed you so much! The bed wasn’t the same without you there pretty lady… K-Kat really wanted you with her…” She whimpered sadly as her tail folded between her legs. Frowning, Claire gave her a warm smile before petting her hand.

“I missed you to Kat.” The younger girl beamed with joy upon hearing her words before she looked to the twins expectantly. “Yes Kat, you may take Claire today. Just bring her back to us before the day is over, you know it's Kai’s turn next.” Sophia nodded causing the Neko to giggle with glee before moving Claire to the heart shaped center in her shirt.

As she was placed in, Claire soon blushed as she saw nothing beneath it. She’d really have to break this girl’s mindset on what she wore. Lingerie was more decent then this! As Kat ran into the Daycare with the brunette, both twins turned back to the figure that had been patiently standing there for the past few minutes.

“What is it, Kai?” Stepping over to the twins, the older brunette strode up to them confidently as she rested her hands in her jean shorts. “Well, that’s a rude way to say hello. And here I wanted to greet my two most favorite people in the world, but then they act so cold, so cruel!”

Both blondes gave their friend and indifferent look knowing her to over exaggerate when she wanted to. Smirking, the dark skinned child moved between the twins before resting her arms over each of their shoulders, their mood souring instantly as an all too familiar scent reached their nostrils.

“W-What is this about…?” Sophia groaned before the brunette grinned cheekily. “I want to make a little bet.” Both sisters stiffened before Alexis read over her thoughts, her eyes widening slightly at what she had in mind.

“And if you lose?” Shrugging, Kai pulled away from them both before resting her back against the Daycares walls. “I never make a bet unless I know I’ll win. An adult is an adult. You taught all of us that. She’s no different. So what do you say?” Both Sophia and Alexis looked to one another before smiling.

“You have a deal, but you’ll have to pay our price.” Kai nodded already knowing what the twins wanted. “Fine by me, I’ll make sure to give her back in one piece, one, scarred and broken piece.” She shrugged before receiving a dark glare from both siblings.

“Sheesh, can’t you take a joke?” Sighing, she nodded her head somewhat serious now. “Don’t worry, I got this. Just watch and enjoy the show~”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“And after Kat watched TV, Kat cuddled with Mittens! And after Kat fed Mittens, we went to bed together! But… the bed wasn’t the same without you pretty lady…” Kat finished after telling Claire her whole day, each sentence sounding similar yet different the way the young cat girl spoke about it.

Smiling, Claire leaned on her arms behind her back on the table they sat at before whistling proudly. “Well, that does sound productive. Did you take your bath to?” Kat grew silent before her ears folded over her hair. “Kat…” The brunette whispered sternly causing the larger child to whimper.

“K-Kat forgot…” Scowling, Claire sighed before shaking her head. “You promised me you would do that. You can’t skip it, missy! When you go home today, you hop right in my tub and clean yourself! That includes your teeth to, you better brush them!”

The younger girl whined before folding her arms across her chest. “B-But Kat did brush her teeth!”, “So when I come back home, I’m going to see a wet toothbrush?” The child suddenly froze up before her tail dropped between her legs.

“I thought as much,” Claire smirked victoriously before sighing once again. “Kat, what am I going to do with you. You need to do these things or else you’ll end up filthy and dirty. Do you want your friends to distance themselves from you because you couldn’t find the time for personal hygiene?”

The orange haired Neko whined before sulking angrily. “K-Kat can clean herself…  A-And Kat doesn’t like water, it’s all wavy and makes Kat’s tail soggy...” Smirking, Claire just shook her head. “That’s not the point. I want you to take a bath tonight, promise me you will alright?”

“But Claire-“ Kat started to whine once more before the much smaller girl gave her a silencing look telling her not to fight her on the matter. Pouting she huffed bitterly before nodding. “K-Kat will… take a bath later. Kat promises…”

Smiling, Claire nodded before standing up. “See, was that so hard?” Opening her arms, the younger girl tried to remain indignant but couldn’t stop herself from giggling before she leaned her face down, and nuzzling the shrunken brunette affectionately. “Kat misses you a lot… even if you’re mean sometimes. Will you spend the night with Kat again soon?”

Frowning, Claire nodded sadly before kissing her cheek. “I still need to prove something to Sophia and Alexis, but after everything’s said and done I’ll spend as much time with you as you want, sound fair?” Giggling, Kat nodded before purring contently from the pets and kisses she was receiving.

“Ok, thank you, Mommy.” Claire suddenly froze as did the child in front of her before both looked at one another shocked. “K-K-Kat…?” The Neko looked back at her petrified before tears began forming near her eyes.

“K-K-Kat has to go!” Before Claire could even call out for her to wait, the cat girl was already on her feet and dashing through the daycare, her tears not hidden in the slightest causing the brunette's heart to ache. “Oh, Kat…”

“I knew it. You’re just like all the other bugs in this place. I bet Kat knows it now too after you made her cry…” Claire froze in fear at the venomous tone speaking to her. Looking up slowly her heart sank as she saw the glaring raven haired child she had been fearful of all these days.

“L-L-Lily…” Smirking, the regal girl folded her flowing bangs past her ear before leaning down. “I’ll be doing everyone here a favor by exterminating you. We don’t need you. You’re useless to us. A useless little bug who makes children cry!”

Raising her hand up to reach for the shrunken girl, Claire could only gasp in horror as she fell backward in fear. As Lily’s hand rested right over her, it looked like she intended to squish her! Growling, she balled her hand up into a fist before slamming it down in one solid movement.

“Now, now, you shouldn’t let your anger get the best of you, Lilith, ~” Claire looked up in shock now at the sight in front of her. With the raven haired child’s clenched fist just inches away from touching her, another hand rested on her wrist stopping her from squishing her flat.

Glaring daggers, Lily looked to Kai, who simply wore an amused expression as she firmly gripped her friend’s wrist. “Kai! What are you doing, she’s just a bug! A bug that made Kat cry!” Sighing, the brunette looked over to Claire before shaking her head.

“I saw something different, and I’m guessing you did too. Now, why don’t you just leave and in return I won’t tell them, about this, little incident?” Claire watched in surprise as Lily’s composure cracked slightly. Jerking her hand back, she shot Claire another dark glare before huffing and walking away from them both leaving said brunettes in a quieted silence.

Looking up at the olive-skinned child, she shivered in fear. Lily scared her to death, she was brash, volatile, and from what she just witnessed to, insane! But Kai… frowning, she looked away unsure of what to expect. Even if she had just been saved… maybe it was so she could do something to her instead?

“Do you like gambling?” Blinking, the brunette looked up at her confused. “W-What?”, “Do you like gambling? A lot of adults like it.” Kai smiled before sitting herself down next to Claire, her chin propped on her palm as she watched the shrunken girl with amusement.

“Uhh… I, umm…” Claire stammered unsure of how to respond. She almost died… was saved… and now asked something completely random to those two events? Looking back up at her, the shrunken girl could do little more than shake her head. Her words weren’t really working for her at the moment.

Whistling in disappointment, Kai sighed before frowning. “That’s a shame. I’m kind of a betting girl myself. Whenever I see something I can bet on, I always take it! It’s kind of addicting really.” She chuckled before folding her arms beneath her chin and resting her head on them.

“Here I’ll show you what I mean.” Before Claire could ask what she meant, she watched as Kai’s finger pointed towards Lily, who was still visibly enraged at the events prior. “I bet you, your life, that if I leave this table, Lilith over there is going to storm back in a heartbeat and squash you like the bug she thinks you are.”

Claire paled before looking up at Kai in fear. The smile she wore showing a hint of how serious she was really being. “Now, in order for us to really know how the bets going to end, we would have to test it now wouldn’t we?”

As Kai began to stand up, Claire panicked before waving up to her. “W-W-Wait! P-Please don’t leave me here!” She wasn’t ready to die, and certainly not to that monster! Pausing, Kai turned back to Claire before her grin broadened.

“But what about our bet, don’t you want to see if I win or not?” Claire was at a loss for words at this point. What type of game was she playing?! “W-W-Why do you want me dead, I-If you leave me alone… you already know what’s going to happen!”

Snapping her fingers, Kai grinned victoriously before leaning her face back down in amusement. “Bingo! And that’s not a fun bet now is it?” Claire blinked once, then twice, before she gawked. Had that been some kind of a joke?!

“You see, a bet is fun because you might or might not win. You never truly know. I always take bets I’m certain I can come out on top, though. I’d say a solid, 95%?” she shrugged before noticing how shaken the brunette was now from her words.

‘Well, that’s a start.’ Moving her hand forwards, she rested her palm on the table as she watched the shrunken girl closely. “Here, since kitty Kat is not here anymore, why don’t you come with me for the day? After all, I’ll just be getting you back tonight anyways. Not to mention your choices are either death or me, flattering I know.” She chuckled before waiting patiently for the brunette to step forward.

Scowling, Claire looked up at Kai completely confused. What type of mindset did this child have? Biting her lip, she glanced at Lily before sighing. She was right, what choice did she have. Stepping onto darker skinned girls extended hand, she was jerked suddenly as she was raised into the air.

“See, we’re getting along already!” Kai laughed before raising her to her shoulder. “Thank you for riding on your one of a kind Kai today, you will find that the vacant seats are either shoulder, the left hand, or possibly if you're unfortunate enough many other dark and dank places. We know you have no other travel options but I really don’t care! Enjoy~”

Sulking, Claire ignored the ranting comments she made before stepping onto the younger girls red hoodie. As she sat down, however, her nose twitched suddenly before she remembered a crucial detail about their first meeting.

“We also know the smells might be unpleasant to our first-time travels but once again, I really don’t care.” Kai grinned before standing up. “Make sure to hold on, we have a lot of things to see today, just you and me!”

Grimacing, Claire nodded, unsure of what to expect with her. She seemed to giddy… she had a bad feeling about this… Moving away from the small table, the younger girl scanned the daycare carefully till her eyes lit up.

“Alright, I see our first destination. You might want to watch this carefully.” She whispered the last part in a low mutter confusing the brunette. Standing over two younger children, one with brown locks and the other with auburn ones, If Claire had to guess they were most likely three or four from the looks of them, Kai raised her hand cheerfully before squatting down next to them.

“Hey there! Tell me do you two like playing with bugs?” Both girls’ faces wrinkled before they shook their heads. “Well, what happens when you find one? Do you leave it alone, or do you squish it!” She said loudly with multiple squishing noises from her tongue, causing the other two children to giggle.

“Squish the buggies!” The auburn one yelled happily, causing a small smile to form on Kai. “Well isn’t that good to know, thanks for telling me. Keep an eye out you too, you never know when a creepy, wiggly buggy might crawl up near you.” She wiggled her fingers causing the other two kids to laugh at her before Kai stood up.

Glancing back to Claire, she reached into her jackets pocket before pulling something out. Flicking whatever she held in front of the two girls, Kai stepped aside before squatting once again a few feet away from them.

‘What the heck had that been about?’ At first, Claire thought Kai had planned on showing her to them, which frightened the living daylights out of her, but that thankfully hadn’t been the case. “So, you heard them. They don’t like bugs…”

Kai muttered quietly before pointing towards the girls. “So, who do you think, hates them more? Red, or brownie?” Claire looked back at Kai confused before noticing her finger repeatedly pointing between them. Looking back, she had to squint to make out whatever it was the larger girl wanted to see before she paled.

“Y-You didn’t, w-when did you even do that…” Smirking, Kai nodded before propping her hands beneath her chin once again. Crawling on the floor, in what looked like pain, Claire could barely make out the form of a man, maybe an inch and a half in height desperately trying to get away from the two giant toddlers above him.

“A real piece of work he is. Did you know, he was once a cop who took bribes from criminals he caught? Or at least people who helped him catch them. I don’t think the asshole could even catch a cold.” Kai chuckled before looking over to Claire’s petrified form.

“Do you know he even witnessed a murder and didn’t report it? All for a little extra chump change.” She sighed before raising her hand. “So, I’ll ask again, who do you think hates bugs more?” Hearing the silence that followed her statement, Kai scowled before pointing to the auburn haired one.

“My money's on her. She looks kind of vicious to me. Don’t want to make a bet?” Once again, she heard nothing from Claire who was intently watching the two children in front of her. Why didn’t they see Kai drop the man in front of them? Why weren’t they looking at him now?

 “Well, I guess I’ll just play this one out myself, for now. Let the show begin!” Snapping her fingers, both girls looked at the two children before Kai giggled with glee as she saw the red-haired one look down at the man first. “EEW!”

Cupping her mouth, Claire cried out in horror as she watched the girl’s hand slam down on the man, crushing him into the tiled floor beneath them. As she wiped the man’s bloody stain on her small white sundress she giggled with her friend before they went back to playing like they had before.

“Ha! I win.” Looking up to Kai slowly, Claire trembled as she saw the sick look of amusement she wore. “Y-You just, you just killed him and you’re b-betting on how he’d die!” Hearing the anger in the smaller girl’s words, the brunette raised her brow before nodding.

“Yea, what of it?” Claire was shocked. No, that was an understatement, dumbfounded really. What type of mindset did she have where she could kill someone and laugh about it so easily!? “He was a bad man Claire, a very bad man…” Kai’s voice was quiet as she stared down at the shrunken worker, no sympathy at all for what she had done.

“As far as I’m concerned if you take someone’s life, you deserve to share their fate too. And he had plenty of blood on his hands, as do the rest of the tiny's I have in my pocket.” Claire’s eyes widened in shock before Kai moved her hand into her jacket.

Pulling it back, she staggered as she saw the large mass of men and women all squirming in Kai’s grasp. ‘S-She has so many…’ they were smaller than the one's Kat and May had… but she had at least double the amount they did.

Looking back at Kai pleadingly, Claire tried to reason with her. “I-If you believe that then what does that say about you! You’re taking their lives!” Glancing back at Claire, Kai clicked her tongue before putting the squirming mass of people back in her pocket and standing up.

“Me, huh… I guess that makes me their executioner. I stand by what I said. But I’m not taking the lives of people… their monsters.” Kai started to walk, silencing whatever Claire might have said in retaliation before she found herself in front of another girl who looked about three.

She had sandy blond hair cutting off just beneath her neck, and wore a small pair of overalls with a red shirt beneath it. “Alright, let’s continue with this little game of ours, shall we?” Claire wanted to speak but after seeing the look in the brunette's eyes, her cold eyes, she knew whatever she could say wouldn’t stop what was about to happen.

Watching the girl closely as she played with a bunch of Legos, Kai smirked. Sitting down next to the girl, she smiled before picking up one of the small red blocks. “Why are you over here playing all alone? Do you want some company?”

The much younger girl looked up at Kai confused before extending her hand towards her, a few half-built creations in it. “Aww, thank you!” Kai giggled before taking the small blocks. Grinning, she picked up a few on the ground before making what looked like an open box.

Reaching into her pocket, the brunette pulled out three of the shrunken people before dropping them inside, grinning with anticipation. “Here, I started this for you. Why don’t you finish it for me?” The blonde child looked back at Kai before smiling.

As Claire watched the interaction in silence, she gritted her teeth not sure of what Kai planned on doing with those people. It was only to her realization and horror as she saw the girl beginning to build around the people, and inside of the small box as well…

“Bet number two, do you think she’ll make their prison hollow, or… crush them alive?” Kai whispered quietly so the younger girl couldn’t hear her. Claire looked at the small people staggering back and forth in the large box they were trapped in, occasionally dodging Lego pieces falling next to them as well.

“Do you remember me saying I never make a bet unless I know I have a good shot at winning?” Kai grinned as her hand rose slightly. “I bet, she’ll trap them inside. What happens after, who knows? Care to bet this time?”

Glaring at Kai, the darker skinned child grinned before watching closely. As Claire watched, however, she noticed something off. Every time the blond moved to put a piece inside the box, which would have flattened and torn the people inside to shreds quite brutally, her hand would stop before she would put it somewhere else.

‘How does Kai know she won’t crush them?’ It sickened her to think this actually fascinated her… but it did. As the last Lego was placed, Kai pumped her hand victoriously before smiling down at Claire. “Looks like I win again. Two for two.”

Kai was about to stand before she felt the blonde tug on her jacket. Looking down, she smiled happily before taking the given box from the girl. “Aww, thank you. Your too sweet.” She cooed before reaching in her other pocket.

Claire’s eyes widened now as she saw her hand return with what looked like another person, only this one over an inch in height. He wasn’t quite as tall as she was, maybe two inches. “Here, my gift to you. Play with it however you like. Just be careful or it might pop.”

The sandy blond looked at the shrunken man Kai dropped into her palm confused before she smiled. “Toy?” Nodding, Kai grinned as she saw the man struggling in the toddler's grip. “We could stay here for another bet… but I think I’ll leave this one alone.”

Standing once again, Claire looked back over her shoulder before frowning as she saw the child raising the man high into the air. He wouldn’t last ten minutes… Pulling her knee’s into her chest, Claire closed her eyes in sadness.

This was like a repeat of yesterday with Sophia. Would Kai take her all around the daycare, killing people left and right?! She didn’t think her heart could take it. “Hey, stop that…” Blinking, she looked up at Kai confused before seeing the dark look she wore.

“Don’t feel bad for that guy. Do you want me to tell you his story?” Gulping, Claire frowned not quite sure how to respond. “I’ll take your silence as a yes. Well, I guess I won’t sugar coat it then…  He was an architect.” Kai whispered clearly confusing her smaller passenger.

“He built houses for families, oversaw all their constructions.” Now Claire was mad. “So you condemned an innocent man!” Gritting her teeth, Kai glared down at Claire for the first time making her flinch. “I wasn’t finished! He was an architect, but not anymore. He built houses for people… but once they were finished, months later he would break into them… and steal from the family’s homes he had created.”

Claire’s mouth was left ajar in silent shock, but she still wasn’t finished. “He knew the layouts… knew where everything belonged… and made sure to rob the people he was paid by blind before they even knew what hit him. Except his last time….” She grew quiet suddenly before clenching her fists in rage.

“He was robbing one family, who happened to still be awake at the time… they caught him… so he killed the family, and ran away.” Claire shuddered before seeing the sadness in the younger girl’s eyes. “He was caught after that and sentenced to life in jail… but life in a cozy prison? What about the lives he took!” Kai spat before looking back at Claire questioningly.

“You seem to think everyone is some kind of treasure that they need to be cherished, well their not. These people are monsters who need to be exterminated for what the twins have planned!” Claire suddenly froze as did Kai before, she grew silent.

Smiling, she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before chuckling. “Well, I guess you got under my skin. Good for you, that hasn’t happened in a while.” Sighing, she shook her head before she began to walk again. She almost let something slip she shouldn’t have.

“K-K-Kai… W-What are the tw-“, “Stop right there.” Kai cut her off before giving her a stern, but all and all much less hostile of a look to silence her. “I know what you’re about to ask but don’t. Sophia and Alexis… what they do is their business… and I’m just one of their friends. If you want to know something, you ask them, not me.”

Frowning, Claire said nothing else as Kai moved to the backroom of the daycare, apparently her next destination already in mind. “Just remember what I’d told you, Claire, it’s the truth. Monsters take the form of man, but I can see them for what they are. Soon you’ll be able to too.”

Her words made the older girl shiver, hearing it from someone as young as she was. Zigging past the varies kids, Kai looked for someone in particular for her next bet before her eyes lit up in excitement. “There we go, now we’re talking!”

Clutching onto the worn red hoodie, Claire staggered before falling to her knees as her footing left her. Jumping next to a young girl with faded black hair, Kai licked her lips before lifting up the all too familiar Lego box she had been given.

“Hey, are you enjoying your snack?” The younger toddler looked up from a small bowl of goldfish crackers before looking away, her meal of more importance than the newcomer next to her. “Aww no need to be shy with me, I just came to give you something~” She cooed quietly causing the girls attention to drift back to her.

Pulling the lid off the plastic block prison, Kai raised it to the girl before smirking. “Here, have some candy.” Claire froze now as she watched the scene in front of her. Looking at the excitement on the young raven haired child’s face as she stared down at the screaming people… it was disgusting…

“Y-You can’t…”, “why not?” Sputtering, Claire looked up at Kai before the words died in her mouth. She wore the same expressionless look she had given her earlier. “Bet number three… Will she eat them whole, or will she crush them with her teeth? Pick.”

Time seemed to stand still for Claire as she watched the toddlers hand reach into the box. As her pudgy fingers picked up a bald headed man, he screamed in no hidden terror as the child’s gaping maw drew closer. She didn’t see people… she saw food…

“He was an embezzler…” Kai whispered before the man was forced into the younger girl’s mouth. Both girls watched in silence, one from pain, the other from excitement as the raven haired girl sucked on the man loudly, drool beginning to drop from her puckered lips.

The look on her face… it frightened her… She looked so happy like the man was some type of delicious sweet that had never before tasted… Looking up to Kai almost pleadingly, Claire froze. ‘W-What…’ The expression she wore, it was different than anything she had ever seen.

None of the other girls ever made a face like this… Not Sophia, nor Alexis or even Kat and May. No, this was something else, something she couldn’t quite fit a name for. The closest thing she could think of… was a look of pure, and utter enthrallment. She looked like she was on a pleasure high like she herself was eating something so deliciously sweet, she couldn’t see anything else but euphoria from the taste.

It was so… different… why was she wearing such a look… Staring back at the toddler who seemed satisfied with her first treat, she tilted her head back before gulping the man down whole. “H-H-Here, h-have another.” Kai stammered out before all but forcing the child another shrunken person.

Once more she looked down at the man in excitement before pursing her lips and sucking him into her open mouth. Hearing the faint screams that followed, Claire cursed in anger. This was horrific. They were going to die inside of her! She was turning this innocent girl into a cannibal!

Looking back at Kai in rage, her words left her once again as she saw the strange look she wore, if only even more pronounced. Feeling the ground around her shaking, Claire looked up at Kai confused before it dawned on her. She was shivering…

“K-K-Kai…?” Blinking a few times, the olive skinned girl snapped her attention away from the scene before smiling brightly. “W-What’s up? Want to make that bet now, she might not swallow this little guy whole?” Frowning, the smaller girl looked over her captor with worry.

‘Well, she stopped shaking…’ That was really weird, but she didn’t understand why. Hearing the silent that followed, Kai sighed before reaching into the Lego box and pulling out the last tiny person, a woman with long blonde hair.

“There are some things you don’t need to worry about Claire. I’m one of them.” Kai whispered quietly before looking down at the brunette sternly. “I’m not your friend, and I’m certainly not your owner. So don’t act like you’re concerned about me, show me your true colors.” Kai whispered with a hint of malice in her words.

Looking back at Kai shocked, Claire shook her head, dumbfounded. “K-K-Kai… w-why do you think that…?” Scoffing, she looked back at the screaming girl in her hand before lifting her over the toddler who had just finished with the second tiny.

“Because you’re an adult, and I know your type,” Kai muttered darkly before dropping the girl into the girls open mouth like she was feeding a wild animal. As the girl’s mouth consumed the shrunken girl, her tongue trailed over her as she tasted her delicious flavors… or at least the flavors she thought she tasted.

Crushing the plastic box, Kai let the Lego’s fall to the floor before turning away from the elated girl. “Kai, don’t say such things… of course, I’m concerned about you. What happened just now, you looked… w-well I don’t really know, but it wasn’t normal.” Claire whispered with worry before a dark chuckle escaped the younger girl’s lips.

“Heh, I’ve heard that before. I’m not buying it.” She shrugged before turning to walk away, her ears ignoring the consoling words of the smaller girl. After a few minutes of her trying and failing to tell Kai the truth, she frowned.

Did she really see her as some type of manipulator? Someone who didn’t care for her wellbeing? ‘What tragedy have you bore?’ Lowering her gaze she remained quiet for the rest of the trip, Kai already scoping out her next potential bet to be made…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire looked away, in any general direction other than in front of her as Kai giggled with glee. “It’s almost time. So you want to bet yet? Come on, do they drown, or do they suffocate? It’s practically the same thing!” Pouting at the smaller girl not giving her a reaction she had to be happy none the less. She wasn’t yelling at her not to kill them anymore. It was a step in the right direction.

Sitting at one of the small tables that littered the daycare, both girls looked on at a toddler who was either two or three wearing a puffy white diaper. The raven haired child was currently sitting down as she played with a stuffed bear before her face scrunched in discomfort.

All of a sudden she began to whine before crying, signaling what Kai wanted to hear. “Alright, last chance Claire. It would do you some good. Just say 1, or 2. 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2.” Clenching her fists, the brunette tried to ignore Kai’s jests before growling. “FINE TWO! ARE YOU HAPPY?!” She screamed in rage having been pestered all day repeatedly for hours on end before she paled.

Cupping her mouth in horror, she looked at the olive skinned girls face as she too looked back in surprise. “Well, now we’re talking!” Grinning from ear to ear, she moved over to the crying child before picking her up gently. “Hey, hey, don’t cry, remember me?”

Sniffling the little girl nodded before looking at her diaper. “You have an accident?” As she nodded again, Kai cooed cutely to her before carrying her back to one of the changing tables lining the Daycares walls. “Well let me just fix that for you alright?”

Kai carried on with her task now as Claire continued to silently contemplate what she had just said. ‘D-Did I really say that…’ It had to be a dream… she couldn’t have actually let a girl, years younger than her, anger her to the point she could bet on someone’s life!

Laying the younger girl down, Kai moved the straps of the diaper to the side before smirking. “Hey Claire, it looks like you win.” Her words hit her like a truck. Shivering in horror, Claire felt her eyes tear up as she saw the messy diaper the younger girl was currently changing for the toddler.

‘S-So they all… their all dead, and in such a disgusting way…?’ And she had called it… even in anger… Scrunching up the used diaper, Kai tossed it into the pale next to her carelessly before wiping the child down. “See, no need to cry, all cleaned.” She cooed to the giggling girl before putting a new diaper on her… along with a few other presents inside of it for later…

Strapping it back on, she lifted the girl up before carrying her gently over to the area she had once been in. Looking into the child’s happy face, Claire shook in silent abhorrence, not at her but at herself. Such an innocent child and she had been goaded into something so… revolting to think about.

Setting the girl down, Kai looked to Claire before glancing back at the child. “Amazing isn’t it. She just made a contribution to the twins without even knowing it. Just imagine how many contributions have been made not just today but every day since you’ve been here?”

Claire remained silent, her mouth having already betrayed her once. “Do you want to know a fun fact? Since the twins came to this daycare, crime in this city has gone down 9%. I wonder why.” She grinned before standing back up.

Waving to the toddler, Kai moved her hands back into her pockets before scowling. “Damn, all out of tiny’s.” Sighing, she cracked her neck to the side before looking at the clock on the wall. “Well, it’s almost time to go anyways. I guess I’ll just have to continue our talk later when I can give you more demonstrations.”

Looking back at Kai, the brunette frowned but said nothing else for the rest of their walk. The day had been nothing like with Alexis. She had enjoyed watching the people she killed, but Kai was different. She took pride in her actions like she was doing the world a favor…

‘Maybe she is…’ Blinking, Claire shook her head in surprise. Where did that come from? As Kai looked to the exit of the Daycare she could already see the twins waiting for her. It was like clockwork every day. They would remain till all of their friends left.

Chuckling, she shook her head. “I hope your happy Claire… I lost a bet today… one of many.” Looking up at Kai, Claire was clearly confused but the younger brunette didn’t elaborate, showing she just didn’t care to. Stepping over to Sophia and Alexis, both blondes looked down at Claire’s somber form before directing their attention back to their friend.

Smiling, both blondes nodded knowingly before stepping in front of Claire. “We’ll see you tomorrow Claire, have a good night.” They whispered quietly before each gave her a gentle kiss on her head. However much to their sadness, it seemed the shrunken girl was to mentally drained to put up the usual fight she did whenever they did something like that.

Lowering their heads they walked out of the Daycare, hand in hand, as they went home for the night. Looking down at Claire, Kai smiled herself before giving the smaller girl a slight flick startling her. “Hey cheer up will ya, you’re too cute to brood.” She laughed, causing the shrunken worker to blush.

“There it is, the Claire I was with this morning. Now come on, it’s a long walk home from here. I’d really appreciate the company if you’re up to talking.” Looking back at the smiling girl, Claire nodded quietly earning a grin from her younger counterpart.

Claire had surprised her once today… Maybe the twins were onto something with her… maybe, maybe not. The only way to test her little bet though was to let the cards fall where they wanted to. She’d find out soon enough what Claire really was. A monster or something else…

Smiling contently, Kai whistled loudly before resting her hands in her jean pockets.

 

“Alright, then let the evening commence!”

End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed it :D please review and tell me what you enjoyed and want to see next so i can try to accommodate.

See you soon!

Broken chains... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back everyone :D

First off i'm so sorry for such a long delay D:

I had this chapter done for a long time now... but i've changed it more times then i can count in all honesty. Kai is a hard character for me to write about because... i might be a bit biased towards her ;-;

But, after the original draft i made edits here, changes there, and finnaly got in touch with my proof reader for the green light :D

So, this might be a bit long, but enjoy none the less and tell me what you think!

I love the reviews i got last time, they were very informative so thank you guys.

 

ON WITH THE SHOW!

 

(Franchise Writer) " Never do that again... -.- "

“Ok how about red or blue?”, “Blue…”,

“Hmm, ok long walks or quiet retreats?”, “I guess retreats…”

Kai sighed loudly before giving Claire a rather deadpanned look. “Come on, this is supposed to be a conversation! Try throwing in a few more words then yes or no.” The younger girl groaned out causing her smaller passenger to frown.

It was hard for her to really talk as carefree as Kai seemed to be after all that had happened that day. Yet, it was like she didn’t even remember any of it. “Ok, how about this one. Do you like the twins?” Blinking a few times making sure she heard her right, the brunette looked up at Kai confused before nodding her head slowly.

“I… I guess, their… different, but they’re not bad children. Their actually pretty friendly once I got to know them a bit better.” She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. Smirking, Kai nodded. “I get ya. I was the same way actually when I first met them. They seemed weird, but they grew on me.” She chuckled surprising Claire.

“How did you meet them anyways? Did they approach you like they did with Kat and May?”  The younger girl stopped mid-step from their journey as she thought back a bit. “Hmm… well, that’s a tricky thing to answer really…”

Wanting to know more, Claire was about to inquire before Kai gave her a light tap on her head. “Let’s come back to that later. I don’t really want to talk about that.” Frowning, the smaller worker nodded before Kai went back to her usual idle banter she had been doing since they had departed from the Daycare.

It seemed like she was just talking for the hell of it. None of her questions held any real relevance to either of them. Looking out over her shoulder, Claire’s demeanor lightened a bit as she watched the sun in the distance slowly beginning to fall.

She used to watch the sunsets back home. Whenever she was alone, she’d always go up to her fam… to… Shaking her head a few times, she tried to recall what it was she was remembering but, it felt like she had forgotten something.

“Hey you there? Hello~?” Snapping her attention back to Kai, she nodded before looking at the large building in front of her surprised. “Well we’re here. Welcome to my abode I guess.” She mumbled quietly before walking up towards the large house.

Their journey had taken them about an hour to walk, and for good reason. The house currently in front of them was a two storing one in one of the nicer parts of the city. The surrounding area wasn’t run down, and it honestly didn’t seem like a place a lot of criminals would be in, in fear of being found.

‘Wow, this place looks better then where I live.’ It seemed somewhat strange really. The house was a bright shade of white with no noticeable errors with its architecture or foundation. Looking back at Kai, she wondered in silence why she was the way she was if she grew up here.

Kat lived in the slums and she was happy… May was living in a foreclosing home with abusive parents and she was cheerful… but Kai, she was… she didn’t quite have a word for her yet, but still… Moving to the front steps in silence for the first time before they had begun walking back to her home, Kai sighed before opening the door.

Stepping inside, Claire looked around intrigued. The home had a very tidy look to it. Lots of different antiques and furniture littered the large room they stood in, but it seemed to all meld together in an appearance of regality.

Whoever her parents were it seemed like they wanted people to get the feeling they were important from what their possessions said at least. Kicking her shoes off at the front of the door, the olive skinned girl stretched tiredly before walking past the living room into what was now the kitchen.

Once again, it was much like the other room. Everything was spotless. Cooking wear lined varies slots, not a dish was left in the spotless sink. The counters were all cleaned off, along with no pictures or magnets on the large chrome fridge next to them.

Looking back at Kai, she seemed unfazed by the look she was being given before she moved over to the fridge. “You want something to eat? I know your whole frozen thing, yadda, yadda, yadda but I’m sure you have to still like eating.”

Shaking her head quietly, Kai simply shrugged before grabbing a can of soda from the door of the fridge. “Suite yourself, but if you get hungry later, there’s no guarantee I can come back down here to get you something.”

Claire looked back at Kai confused but once again she didn’t look like she cared to elaborate. Moving out of the kitchen and into a small hallway, she rounded one of the two opposite corners before coming to a pair of stairs.

 As they walked up them, the brunette kept her eye out for other clues… however there was one thing that soon bothered her greatly. Lining the walls were pictures, dozens of them. She could see two people in all of them.

A woman with dark brown hair flowing down her back, and a man with trimmed black hair and frosted tips next to her. They seemed to be smiling in all the pictures… but it was who they were with that unnerved her greatly.

In some they saw a little girl… but it wasn’t Kai. She had dark black hair much like the man’s but it was long like the woman’s. In a couple others she saw them once again but this time holding a baby, but it didn’t look like Kai either.

her hair was a faded black with a pair of dark brown eyes. Glancing up to Kai to affirm it, she nodded silently to herself. Kai’s eyes were a light emerald. Neither of these children were Kai. Looking at all the others it was the same thing. Sometimes one kid, or both, but, the brunette was in none of them.

After reaching the top of the stairs, the path split off in two different directions. Pausing abruptly, Kai looked down at Claire for the first time since they left the kitchen before smiling embarrassedly. “Hehe, uh, I need to go check something real quick, do you want me to drop you off in my room?”

Looking back at her, Claire clenched her hands a bit before shaking her head. She wanted to know more about Kai, and it was clear she wanted to try a distance herself from her. “N-No, it’s fine. Take me along. W-Where you go I’ll go to.”

The younger brunette raised an eyebrow at her odd statement but shrugged none the less. “Fine, I just didn’t want to bore you.” She smiled before walking to the left of the hallway. After making her way to a large pink painted door, Kai took a deep breath before putting on a large smile.

Pushing the door open, Claire didn’t know what to expect but what she saw came to her somewhat of a surprise. Inside the room was a large crib, with varies nursey stations near it. Toys littered the carpeted floor beneath it along with a small swinging mobile above it.

“Kari, sissy is home!” Kai squealed loudly before moving over the crib. Inside laid a small baby from the pictures she saw earlier, albeit a bit older now. The child looked up at Kai before giggling happily at the sight of her.

Grinning Kai leaned down before gently tickling the little girl’s tummy, eliciting more and more laughter from the toddler in the crib. As she made cutesy noises to her, Claire could only watch in shock as she watched a side of Kai she had yet to see.

“How was your day? Mine was great! I got to play lots and lots, and I even made a new friend.” She cooed before looking back at Claire. “You want to say hi? This is my little sister, Kari. Well, Kari’s not her real name but I call her it because it was the first word she ever said.” Kai grinned before picking up the startled brunette before she could even begin to fight her or get a word in edge wise.

As she was dropped into the crib, Claire froze upon being stared at by the colossal toddler. “Her real names Karen but I think Kari’s kind of cute. I think mom wanted to teach her, her name but this little chitlin had other ideas.” She laughed before looking at the shrunken girls frozen form.

“Oh come on she’s not going to eat you, go and say hi.” Kai berated before flicking Claire forward snapping her out of her shock. Standing up, the brunette looked back at Kari’s big brown eyes before smiling a small smile.

“H-H-Hi t-there K-Kari… I-I’m one of your s-sisters friends…. Claire.” She stuttered out horribly, causing the younger brunette to sigh. “Will you just relax? she doesn’t see you as you are.” Looking back at Kai confused the realization hit her as she saw Kai’s hand resting over her sister.

“You’re as tall as me right now in her eyes. Just smile and make her laugh a little.” Was she using her powers on her own sister? It seemed strange for her to openly admit that but with the threat of a possibly hungry baby no longer in front of her Claire relaxed a bit (if only a little) before smiling brightly.

She was adorable. Looking back at Kai, she smiled warmly as she saw the toddler giggling happily from the attention she was receiving from her older sister. They kind of looked alike. While her hair wasn’t the same color as her sisters she had the same face in comparison.

It was almost like looking at a younger Kai… a much less bloodthirsty one at least. Mimicking her, Claire made some cutesy noises to the child and was rewarded with happy squeals of laughter afterward. “Hey, I think she likes you! She usually cries when my parents try to show her off.” Kai smiled quietly earning a confused look from the smaller girl.

‘Showing her off?’ That sounded more like what you would do with a trophy not a child. Hearing a loud bang behind them, Claire froze, while Kai sighed in sadness. “Times up little Kari… I’ll see you soon…” Picking up Claire instantly, the brunette turned around before her face was suddenly met with a hand smacking against it.

Claire was left speechless as she watched what had just happened in front of her. In her haste to grab her, Kai had left her fingers folded giving her a perfect view of what had just happened. Standing above her was the woman from the photographs, and she looked furious.

“Kaia Kealoha what have I told you about bringing your filth in here!” The woman all but screamed as Kai’s hand moved up to her reddened cheek. “Good to see you to mom…” Shoving her daughter to the side, the woman moved over to the crib as she inspected her infant.

“You are not to step foot in here young lady, how many times have your father and I told you this! Go to your room!” Moving her hand away from her cheek, a small smirk graced the younger girl’s lips before she turned to leave.

“See ya later Kari.” Hearing a low growl behind her, Kai paid no heed to it till she was out the door, the loud bang of it being slammed behind her earning her another sigh. As Kai walked in the direction of her room, Claire remained speechless as she processed all that had just happened.

‘H-Her own mother… just slapped her for playing with her sister?’ She had to be missing something. That made no sense. Hearing another door shutting, albeit a much quieter one this time, Claire was soon released from the brunettes hand as she was set down on a large black desk.

“Welcome to my room, sorry about all that.” Kai mumbled dryly as her hand still gently rubbed her crimson cheek. Looking around for the first time, the shrunken girl’s curiosity began to rise. Her house was the definition of pristine and flawless… but her room was the exact opposite.

Dirty clothes littered the floors, posters, and miscellaneous oddities were tacked or tapped to the walls. Her bed while at least a bed was mismatched in color with a brown frame and a black cover and a beige blanket laid over it half-assed.

Looking over the table she was on it was about the same. A computer monitor rested across from her with varies sticky notes and broken pencils scattered about. Ink-stained the wooden surface along with dark red smudges lining the walls around them.

Even the chair Kai was currently headed to looked like a mess. It was a dark forest green color but it looked absolutely filthy. Edges were cut out of it; stains permitted every area of it especially around the bottom part.

But out of everything wrong with this bedroom that set it so apart from the rest of the house… was the sheer, pungent aroma permitting her navel cavities at that moment. Cupping her nose in disgust, Claire looked up at Kai as she wore an amused grin.

“You thought I smelled bad right? Yea my room’s a lot worse, isn’t it great?” Coughing into her hand, Claire chose not to say anything in fear of smelling the horrible aroma around her once again. How did Kai live in such… such filth?!

Blinking, the brunette’s eyes widened as she recalled what her mother had just said. ‘Her… her filth…’ So that was why she acted the way she did. While it was true bringing dirty things near a newborn wasn’t advised that was still no reason to act so hostile towards one’s own daughter.

Flopping down onto the well-worn chair, Kai sighed in bliss before rolling its creaking wheels towards the desk and propping her feet up on the other end of it. “So what do you think?” Giving Kai her most deadpan look, she chose not to answer earning a quiet chuckle from the girl.

“Yeah I get it. Most of the tinies I bring here act that way at first too. You’ll get used to it trust me.” ‘Like hell, I will…’ Her nose was trying to claw its way off her face! Clicking the tab on the can of soda she hid, Kai drank from it deeply before sighing.

“Man today was a long day. It’s times like these I really feel happy being back in my own room. It’s nice to just kick back and relax.” She mumbled before looking back at Claire. “Do you feel the same way about your place?”

Frowning, Claire nodded as best she could with her hands still cupping her face. Whenever she felt tired from a long day or just plain depressed she’d always go to her room. It was her own little sanctuary of sorts… But why couldn’t she remember her old room that well?

This wasn’t the first time today that had happened. ‘M-Maybe I’m just drained or something… b-besides my old place was… it was…’ Gritting her teeth, she shook her head a few times. She had only recently moved how could she not remember something as simple as this?

Hearing the doorknob next to them beginning to rattle, Claire was abruptly brought out of her agonizing train of thought as the door opened to reveal the woman from before, a disgusted look present on her face as her eyes landed on Kai’s relaxed form.

“Well, I hope you’re happy. Your little sister started crying the moment I shoed you away. Your stench must have upset her again.” She spat quietly, no hidden malice in her words. “Yea, I made her cry.” Kai scoffed before the woman’s hand slammed down on the table… just a few inches away from Claire’s shivering form.

“Don’t you dare talk back to me young lady! Where did we go wrong with you…? You used to be so well behaved before we moved here. How long are you going to keep fighting your father and me? Hmm?” Smiling, Kai raised the can of soda to her mother cheerfully before taking another long drink from it, finishing it off.

“Maybe you guys should get used to it. I’m not so bad once you get to know me.” She smirked before tossing the can on the floor behind her, angering her mother to no end. As the woman’s hand rose above Kai, Claire half expected the enraged woman to hit her again, but she lowered it slowly, her anger bleeding away as she whispered something under her breathe.

“Listen here Kaia you are grounded! Stay in your room tonight and your when your father gets home after our party he is going to have a long discussion with you!” Smirking, Kai shook her head before stretching out on her chair leisurely.

“As always I will give you one chance. The party is at 7pm. If you clean all of this,” she waved her hands over Kai before growling. “Up! Then you are more than welcome to join us tonight. The colleagues at your father’s university will be showing up tonight and it’s our job to make sure he looks as best as he can. That includes, having a daughter who isn’t…” She grew quiet before scoffing.

“You…” Claire was speechless now. Sure Kai was a bit… brash, but this wasn’t the way to talk to her. It was like she wanted to offend her with every sentence and make sure she knew it afterward. Clapping her hands slowly, in a mocking fashion for point, Kai smiled before waving to her mother.

“Tell the posers I said hi. I’m not going to gussy up to people who are too blind to even realize that you guys are just as fake as you want me to act.” Hearing an angry cry from her mother, along with other course words the door was slammed loudly leaving Claire alone with a rather victories looking Kai.

Silence passed for a moment before both brunettes looked to one another. “So that’s my mom…” Nodding, Claire shook her head unsure of what to say. It seemed like her parents were important people… or at least wanted to be seen that way. Just who were they?

Looking to the younger girl for answers, Kai sighed already knowing she couldn’t ignore this one. “Fine, fine… ask what you want. I won’t dodge you this time.” Licking her lips, (and trying her best not to breathe in the horrible stench still surrounding her) Claire fidgeted slightly as she tried to think of what to ask first.

“S-So you moved here to…?” Blinking, Kai looked down at Claire before she burst into a loud fit of laughter. Jumping from the reaction, the shrunken worker didn’t quite know what to expect but it seemed her question had amused her none the less.

“T-That’s what you ask f-first?!” Kai slammed her hand on the table crying hysterically. After everything she had seen, that wasn’t the first thing she expected her to notice. Wiping away her tears she tried to get ahold of herself but that had genuinely made her smile.

Shaking her head amused, she propped up her head on the desk before smirking. “Yes, I moved here. I’m native to Hawaii since you’re so curious. I kind of thought my skin would have given that away.” She chuckled as she lifted her olive tinted hand up.

Nodding, Claire looked Kai over before smiling. That made sense. “Your mother, she called you Kaia right? How come you call yourself Kai? Is it just a nickname or…” She trailed off knowing sometimes there was meaning behind it like Kat’s.

Humming quietly, Kai shrugged before looking back at Claire. “No real reason I guess. My gramps used to call me it back in Waipahu and it kind of stuck.” She smiled nostalgically, something the brunette noticed immediately.

“A-Are you close to your grandfather?” Looking back at Claire surprised, Kai smiled before sighing. “I used to be. He was a great man. But, I haven’t seen him in years…” She grew quiet before directing her attention to one of the corners of the room.

Following her gaze, Claire looked at what looked to be a small… surfboard, resting against it? “Back on the beaches where I grew up, he always used to take me out with him when he went surfing. I didn’t know how he did it, hell I still don’t. He’s old, but he’s strong. He could ride the waves like no one else!”

She laughed excitedly before sighing. “But… yea, we moved and all so… I don’t talk to him much anymore. He calls every once and awhile but, I don’t think my folks enjoyed his company as much as I did.” She sighed before looking back at Claire, a look of sadness in her eyes that wasn’t there before.

“H-How come you guys moved here in the first place?” Shifting from Hawaii to Philadelphia, that wasn’t exactly a change of pace decision. Scowling, Kai grew quiet for a moment before her free hand balled up tightly.

“My parents moved here because of work… I didn’t have a say in it.” She mumbled before looking at Claire pained. Nodding, she waited for her to continue… but it didn’t seem she wanted to on that note. Sitting herself down, having been standing since she arrived, Claire nodded sadly once more before choosing another question to ask instead.

“So… W-Why do you like… living like, this…?” Claire mumbled the last part as her eyes scanned the room. Smirking, Kai shook her head already knowing she wouldn’t understand. “Have you ever felt trapped before? Like your whole life is actually a prison, one you’re forced to stay in with no way out at all?”

Raising her hand to speak, the shrunken girl had to stop herself. She didn’t honestly know if she could say yes or no to that question. Sure she was kind of trapped now, at three inches in height… but that wasn’t what she meant. She had to read between the lines to understand it, but she kind of got where she was headed with it in the end.

“Y-Your parents…?” Kai looked at Claire surprised before she genuinely smiled. “Moving here… picking what I wear… choosing what I eat… telling me to play with certain people… talk with people I’ve never met to make them look better… I could talk about this list for hours but I think you get it.”

Nodding, Claire lowered her gaze. “You felt trapped because your parents controlled your childhood… right?” Nodding, Kai leaned back in her chair before resting her hands behind her head. “They did… until I met them.”

Looking up now, Claire’s eyes widened at what she had just implied. “S-S-So… you mean that you… c-changed into who you are now… because of something the twins did to you?” Smiling, Kai leaned down again before grinning.

“That sounded accusatory. Way to make them sound like the bad guys.” She chuckled earning a frown from Claire in return. “But yea… they kind of did.” She smirked seeing the surprise on the shrunken girls face. “I owe them something I can never payback, my life.” Her tone held a certain sense of reverent that she had heard in Kats and Mays as well.

 “It happened a few years back, right around the time I moved here actually. I don’t know if they sensed me or some weird alien crap they did with the others, but they found me none the less.” Stifling a giggle at how Kai had labeled the twins gifts, she waited eagerly for her to continue.

“A few months into our stay here, my father held a large get together with a lot of his *friends*” she punctuated her point with fake air quotes before scoffing. “Wanting me to be his little trophy him and mom made, they had me all dressed up so cute and stuff… I shiver just remembering it.” She trembled before continuing on.

“Anyways… after a few hours a woman came I had never seen before. She had something to do with one of my dad’s contractors or something I don’t know… but I do know who she had with her.” Claire's eyes widened a bit as she realized who she meant.

“S-So it was their mother?” Snapping her fingers, Kai grinned before going on. “Yep. The woman in red herself, along with her two little mini-clones following behind her. Funny enough, they looked exactly the same then as they do now.”

Recalling the strange transformation Sophia displayed before, Claire shivered. Apparently they liked their look now and didn’t plan on changing it for a while if this was a couple years prior. “After my dad shoed me back to my room for the night like a good little girl, guess who came to see me.”

Smiling, Kia shook her head rather happy about this subject. She hadn’t talked about it with the others before. This was the first time she got to really say what she felt when the twins had entered her life.

“I guess… when I first saw them I was a bit intimidated really. They held themselves up so… composed I guess. I didn’t think someone our age could act the way they did.” Kai smiled before looking back at Claire.

“They told me I was stuck, trapped in a lie I didn’t need to be in. I remember that statement well. It was the first thing they ever told me. After that they offered to free me, and the only thing they wanted in return was a friend…”

Claire watched Kai’s expression shifting from nostalgia to joy before her face rested on a content smile. “I didn’t know at the time what I was signing on for, but I don’t regret a thing. I had no friends, no real family who cared like my gramps did. Sophia and Alexis, their more than my friends their family.”

Smiling back at Claire once more, Kai moved herself back to the table before resting her chin on her forearms. “But now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about you.” Blinking, the shrunken girl looked up at her younger trustee in surprise.

“Let’s see where to start… Oh, I know! How come the twins think you’re special?” Kai’s voice grew quiet showing a more serious side she had yet to see. “U-Uh, w-well… I’m not really s-sure in all honesty…” Claire stuttered quietly as she rubbed the back of her head uncomfortably, a habit she had been doing more and more with each day that passed.

Sticking her tongue out, the younger girl made a raspberry sound before frowning. “Come on, don’t hold back from me spill it. The blondes like you, that’s as clear as day. So come on, what is it. Did you do something for them before that made put you on their nice list... or maybe the opposite since you’re… well here?” She chuckled before noticing the absent look on her face.

“Huh, you really don’t have a clue do you?” shaking her head sadly, Claire sighed regretfully. “I’m sorry but I don’t know how to answer that, honest. I moved here a little while ago… and after finding a job at the daycare… everything just sort of happened.”

Kai’s brow rose slightly before furrowing. ‘There’s no way it can be her…’ Noticing the thoughtful look the younger girl wore, Claire was about to ask what was wrong but as soon as she caught a glimpse of it, it was already gone to be replaced with her normal apathetic one.

“Well, I think the Q&A is about over now. Let’s do something else.” Kai announced, silencing any inquiries the brunette might have had further. “So let’s see… what to do first…” She mumbled before looking around her room.

“I suppose, I could begin teaching you…” Looking back at the giant girl confused, Claire had little time to wonder before Kai rolled away from the table and towards a large cabinet next to her bed. “You, little miss goody two shoes, need a proper lesson on reality.”

Pushing aside one of the cabinets doors, Claire looked inside curiously as she saw five multicolored bins. One was yellow, another orange, a red one, a grey one, and finally a black one. “Here let’s start off with these fellows here.”

‘F-Fellows…?’ Reaching for the yellow bin, Kai pulled the lid off before grinning broadly. Rolling herself back over to Claire, she tilted the container down for her to see, her eyes widening in horror at its contents.

“Meet inmates #5. These are my… lighter ones I suppose.” Inside the yellow container where dozens of shrunken people, some wore clothes, others as naked as the day they were born, all, however… looked completely, and utterly horrified as they gazed up at Kai’s smiling face.

“They are the ones who did some terrible things… but, not as bad I suppose, as some of the others?” She tapped her chin in thought for a moment before shrugging. “They're bad, but not quite monsters, so that’s why they’re in this tub and not… that one.” She grew quiet as she pointed to the black one.

Following her finger, Claire remained silent as it slowly dawned on her. ‘T-T-Then… t-then each one of those… have dozens of people inside them?” Looking back at the crying shrunken men all broken and crestfallen, Claire just shook her head.

Where did she get them all?! There had to be at least thirty people inside of the yellow tub easily, possibly more. If each one was like this then that meant Kai must have had dozens of people, no hundreds… at her touch of her fingertips…

“Let’s see… what to do, what to do…” larger girl mumbled as she tapped her chin. As a chilling smile slowly made its way to her lips, Claire could only shudder with fear. “How about this, eeny, meany, miny, moe, I pick you!”

Reaching into the box one of the small men of the collective screamed in terror as Kai delicately gripped him by his midsection. Lowering the tub to the floor, the olive skinned girls attention was solely on him now.

“Alright, you are… Wait don’t tell me… Derek? Dean? Eh, something dumb with a D.” She shrugged before tossing the man onto the desk remorselessly. Crying in pain from the small fall, Kai lifted one of her feet up before pulling off one of her dull white running shoes.

As the footwear was dropped to the floor, Claire had to cup her nose once again almost pained as the atrocious odor of her feet reached her nostrils. Taking a deep breath herself, Kai’s smile grew before she chuckled darkly.

“There we go, nice and ripe. So let’s see, what do I want to do with you…” She mumbled quietly as she thought of different scenarios. “I know!” Moving her blackened dirty sock over the man, he buckled in pain from the smell as well as she fanned him with her foot.

“Claire you pick. Do I, trap him under my foot… Or, do I put him in my sock?” She smirked as her eyes glanced over to the struggling girl, still trying her best not to pass out from the smell. Sighing after a moment of silence, she moved one of her hands over Claire before sticking her index finger out.

“I’ll do this for you now, but you need to play my games for the rest of the night in return, deal?” As she tapped Claire’s head, the smell surrounding her… suddenly disappeared? Coughing a few times, the brunette looked up at Kai confused before she tentatively sniffed the air around her. However, it wasn’t bad anymore… actually, she couldn’t seem to smell anything at all now.

Glancing at Kai perplexed the younger girl grinned cheekily before she moved her hand over to her own nose. “A person can smell stuff because of these little things in their noses called receptors. Well, there’s more to it than that but it’s really boring. So I just turned yours off for a bit, now, how about that deal?”

Noticing the shocked look she was being given, Kai simply shrugged. “What, you didn’t know I could do that?”, “NO?! H-HOW IS THAT, W-WAIT,WHAT?!” Sniffing deeply, Claire shook her head in amazement. She honestly couldn’t smell anything now. Did Kai do this to herself to so the smell wouldn’t bother her?

Hearing said girl clear her throat, she gave Claire an annoyed look as she drummed her fingers on her arm. “Well?” The brunette looked up at her with worry now. After the shock of finding that out, it just dawned on her the other half of the sentence she had just said.

‘S-She wants me to play her game?’ Looking back at the crying man still coughing and gagging beneath Kai’s foot, she shivered before looking back at her sternly. “I won’t!” Sighing, Kai nodded before moving her hand back over Claire.

“I thought you might say something noble and upright like that so how about a new deal. You play my game, and I won’t do this.” Flicking Claire’s head sending her tumbling on the desk, she grunted in pain before her eyes shot open.

Grasping her throat, she coughed violently as her eyes watered. Her nose, I-it was burning! Drumming her fingers once more, Kai waited a few more seconds just to make sure her point was driven home before tapping the thrashing girls head once more, albeit much gentler this time.

Gasping once more, only this time in relief, Claire continued to cough as she felt the pain from before vanishing slowly. “I can turn your receptors off, or I can make them so strong even the slightest smell of something good will hurt your senses. So tell me now, will, you, play, my, game?” She punctuated her words with every tap of her fingers, her index resting right in front of Claire once more.

Feeling her eyes beginning to tear once more, Claire looked up at Kai enraged. She was trapped. If she said no, she’d have to experience… that again. It was horrific. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced before.

It was like she was suddenly hit with such a pungent smell, it physically disabled the rest of her body. The fact the girl years younger than her could crush her at any given moment, was less horrifying then what she could do to her psyche.

She couldn’t experience that again… she just couldn’t… clenching her fists, her nails digging into her palms enough to draw blood, she glared hatefully up at Kai for what she was about to ask her to do. “T-T-Trap him… b-beneath your foot… J-Just don’t kill him, p-please…” She whimpered out.

Smirking viciously, Kai nodded before dropping her foot on the man. “See, was that so hard? I can be reasonable too if you just play my game. Look, he’s not dead.” She lifted her foot up showing the thrashing man now covered and soaked in her foot sweat.

Moving her foot back over him once more, she giggled before licking her lips. “I remember his name now. It was Devon. Yea, he cry’s a lot.” She chuckled darkly before lifting her foot once more. Staring at the man’s pathetic form, she tsked quietly before dropping her foot again.

“Story time boys and girls! This is the tale of a man who not only robbed a nearby gas station but did so with such disregard for others he took his time vandalizing the store before breaking all the windows and getting away. Total costs… about 20’000 dollars.”

Kai shook her head before pressing down on the man, her expression slowly darkening. “Hospitalized the night time staff, all three of them, and wasn’t caught for two months. However, he was finally put behind bars a year ago, and now he’s under my sweaty foot. I think this prison is a much better one though don’t you think?”

Kai grinned before looking back at Claire’s glaring eyes. “What?” Growling, she stood up before stomping her foot angrily. “STOP LYING!” Kai blinked in surprise before scratching her head confused. “What the heck do you think I’m lying about? I get called arrogant a lot but not a liar… Wait, you mean…” She pointed to the man before she glared back at Claire with just as much anger.

“I’m not lying!”, “You just said he went to jail then how did he end up here then!” Gritting her teeth, the younger girl moved her foot of the man before plucking him up. “Here, let him tell you himself!” Dropping the smaller man in front of her, Kai’s hand rose over him before he looked up at Claire confused.

“Tell her the truth.” Kai said darkly as her fingers pinched his head lightly. Claire watched confused as the man convulsed slowly before his head hung low. “I-I was sentenced to ten years… a woman came to see me though… she put me in her purse…”

As the man suddenly fell over, Kai cursed under her breath earning a shocked look from the smaller girl. Picking up the unconscious man, she tossed him back in the tub before baring her teeth at Claire. “Now listen here, you have no right to call me a liar! I haven’t said one lie to you since the time you came in my possession so don’t you ever! Accuse me again or I will make lily look like a saint in comparison, do I make myself clear!” She hissed venomously causing the brunette to recoil in horror.

“DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” She yelled out earning a shrill cry from the smaller girl. Lowering her head, Claire shook silently as she let the painful words both from the man and Kai sink in. Closing her eyes, the younger girl breathed slowly, as she trembled.

“I am not, lying to you. The twins asked me not to hurt you, asked. But they didn’t say I couldn’t. So don’t piss me off. If you so much as even hint that I’m not telling you the truth, I will make the remainder of your stay very unpleasant.” She warned before grabbing the yellow bin and standing up.

Shoving it back in place rather violently, her hands moved to the orange bin before she moved back to her chair and sat down once more. Taking a deep breath she calmed herself down from her little outburst before frowning.

“Sorry… about that.” Looking up at Kai startled, the younger girl averted her eyes as she tried not to make eye contact with the shivering girl. “Having the mind of an adult doesn’t do you much good when you have the temper of a child.” She sighed before slowly smiling once more, her composure having seemingly fixed itself after her initial outburst.

Moving her hand towards the smaller girl, Claire flinched before seeing her finger outstretched to her. “I won’t hurt you… but don’t go calling me things either. I hate that a lot.” She muttered seriously before patting Claire gently.

Nodding timidly, the shrunken worker chose not to say anything else as she mulled over the events that had just taken place. ‘H-He admitted to being in prison… b-but that still doesn’t make sense how he got out or why he’s here…’ It was so confusing.

A woman came to the prison and put him in her purse? Did he mean one of the twins? But if that was the case then people would have had to know what she was doing. You don’t exactly just walk into a prison and shrink someone without raising suspicion.

Noticing Claire’s brain slowly spinning as she worked out everything Kai shook her head. She wasn’t going to get it, not from what she said anyways. Sophia and Alexis would have a lot of explaining to do when she gave her back… well, if she did.

Scolding herself mentally, Kai sighed quietly for going down that dark train of thought before looking into the orange bin still situated on her lap. “If a person does something wrong what should happen to them?”

Looking up at the olive skinned girl, Claire shook her head unsure of this was a trick question or not. Pouting, Kai reached into the bin before pulling out a small man thrashing about in her fingers. At least that proved there were people in the other bins.

“If someone steals something, should they get locked away? But if so how long? What happens if they steal something liter? Maybe less time? But what happens if they get out and steal again since they didn’t learn their lesson? Do you send them back to jail since it worked so well the first time? Do you have an answer to any of these questions?”

Claire looked up at Kai surprised at all her philosophically moral questions. “Now instead of someone stealing something… what if they killed someone?” Both girls grew quiet now, Kai’s eyes lingering on the shrunken man, and Claire’s on her.

“Y-You send them to prison… and don’t let them back out…” Kai’s eyes traveled to the quiet girl before frowning. “Do they always stay there?” Shaking her head sadly, Claire frowned quietly as she looked up at the man in Kai’s hand.

“What happens to the people that die by the person’s hands who were freed? What happens to the others who also lose something to his actions? Lock them away… if only they stayed that way. People break out… have early parole… have good lawyers and don’t get sent at all, the list goes on and on…”

“But one thing remains the same. People like that, always hurt others.” Kai’s eyes landed back on the man as she dropped him back in the bin. “What change would need to be made that hasn’t already been thought of? What miraculous plan does society have for fixing its flawed system?”

Looking down at the brunette questioningly, Kai frowned seeing her at a loss for words as well. “What does shrinking them… and playing with them like toys do either?” Claire muttered quietly before looking up at Kai questioningly.

The younger girl smiled before looking back in the bin. “I can’t honestly tell you that. Not because I don’t know, but because if I did, then the twins would hate me for ruining whatever little experiment… this is.” She pointed between Claire and her before chuckling in silent amusement.

“You might call me a hypocrite. Hell, I called the twins that when they told me their master plan for the future of mankind.” She smirked before shaking her head. “But it can work. It just requires minds greater than ours to think it through. Sophia and Alexis to be specific. They're slowly putting together a plan that if it succeeds could very well cause the world as we know it to no longer be like it is now.” She said breathlessly, her words dripping with joy before she frowned and looked back at Claire.

“But… that requires a leap of faith on not just your part, but all of ours.” Claire was speechless now. She didn’t know what Sophia and Alexis had planned for her… but now it seemed like they had some grand scheme for something else. What on earth did she mean by it?

Her curiosity was through the roof now but hearing the conviction in her words, she knew Kai wouldn’t reveal anything else. The younger girl probably feared the twins deep down as much as she did. ‘Loyalty to her leaders but fearful too.’

Both girls shared looks before Claire slowly nodded. “W-W-what do you want me to do… I-I can’t just accept you all k-killing people…” She stuttered out, tears slowly forming as she tried to think of something else.

Frowning, Kai looked into the orange tub again before picking out one of the people. “They’re not people anymore. Once you cross a certain line you can’t be helped. Those used to be people, but now we call them what they really are. Monsters.”

Claire shivered having heard both Kat and May refer to people as such. “Did you know Alexis is able to see into people’s hearts?” Blinking, Claire looked up surprised but Kai was just smiling thoughtfully. “They can see what we truly want, what we harbor, what we hide… She can see them, and in turn Sophia. They can see who is a monster deep down, the ones that can’t be helped.” Claire’s expression softened if only a little at what she was implying. It wouldn’t surprise her honestly. The twins, they were like some kind of higher beings. Aliens might have been her first guess… demons possibly her second. But it didn’t seem like they just hated people.

That had been proven after her first day with Kat. No, they did have some type of motive in mind with their actions. But, only time would reveal to her what. But taking a leap of faith… and just accepting them killing people… not to mention in such humiliating and funny ways…

Claire’s eyes widened slightly before she scolded herself. There was nothing funny about monsters dying, p-people dying! ‘Damn it, what’s wrong with me?’ It seemed like Kai’s words were actually… in some warped bazaar way… making sense.

Seeing the worried look she wore, Kai smiled softly. She had that same look once. Standing up, she moved back over to her dresser before putting the orange tub away. She had planned on giving Claire a lot of fun games/tests but it seemed like she needed to drive her point home.

Reaching for the black box she froze suddenly before shaking her head. Moving to the one just adjacent she pulled out the gray one before heading back to her worn seat. “Here, why don’t you meet one of the monsters? If you still think I’m lying, which I’m not,” she muttered sternly,” then let them tell you their stories.”

Reaching into the tub, she pulled out a man, not unlike the others… but this one was, wrapped in something… Waiting with baited breath, Claire watched with interest and worry as the olive-skinned girl placed the bound man in front of her as he struggled vainly.

Looking him over, Claire eyed what appeared to be tape before looking up at Kai. “Ask him.” Frowning, she tentatively made her way over to the man before squatting down. “W-Why are you here, a-and why are you covered in tape?”

The man stopped struggling abruptly before directing a hateful glare towards her. “H-Hey get me out of this fucking tape and away from this crazy bit-“Before Claire could even show her surprise for the mans… colorful vocabulary, Kai beat her to it as she pressed her finger into the man’s head… hard.

“Now, now, why don’t you speak to your *betters* with a little more respect, especially since she’s the only one who doesn’t want to see you end up like that guy last night.” Claire raised her brow puzzled but seeing the man stiffen it appeared he knew what she was talking about.

Seeing the angry expression he wore, he directed his anger back at Claire but didn’t fully scream at her this time as he spoke up. “I-I’m here because this little blonde psychopath traded me like I was some kind of a toy! Now get me out of here!”

Frowning, Claire looked back at Kai but she just shrugged. “Hey don’t look at me, I can threaten him if you want but that doesn’t mean he’ll do what I say.” She chuckled dryly. Frowning at his description of one of the twins, she looked back at the man before taking a deep breath.

“What did you do… t-to end up in jail?” Her eyes lingered on Kai but the girl only nodded. “I didn’t do anything they got the wrong guy!” He screamed earning a look of concern from Claire. “Uh ah, ah.” Kai sounded out before pressing on the man’s head once more.

“Now that’s not what you told me. How about this, you tell the truth, or…” She grinned viciously before moving her mouth over the man’s head. “We see how long you can hold your breath?” She grinned as she puckered her lips, a large glop of her saliva forming over the now thrashing man’s face.

“H-H-Hey, s-stop don’t stop! FINE I’LL TALK!” He finally screeched as the globe of mucus and saliva dangled over him. Claire herself was about to tell her to stop but after the man’s sudden outburst her eyes widened.

Glaring down at the man, she watched him closely as he clenched his teeth. “I-I… I was caught robbing a bank…” He mumbled before Kei’s finger shoved his head harder earning a loud cry of pain from the man. “FINE! I killed two people and took hostages!”

Silence permitted the room as Claire looked at the man shell-shocked. ‘S-S-She was telling the t-truth…’ Gritting her teeth, Claire was about to yell at the man before a large drop of spit splashed in front of her engulfing the startled man’s entire torso and head.

Looking up at Kai shocked, the girl scowled at the man before sighing. “He forgot to mention what he did with the hostages… it’s rather graphic so I’ll spare you the details…” Shivering, the smaller girl looked down at the thrashing man as he gargled on Kai’s spit.

As she watched, though… it didn’t feel wrong to see him being tortured like she thought it would… almost, righteous actually. Feeling her stomach churn at her own thoughts, she averted her eyes but that didn’t stop the sound of the man’s garbled screams before they finally stopped.

“I-Is he…”, “Yeah, you mad?” Shaking her head, Claire bit her lower lip unsure of what she felt. “That was a monster. Someone so far gone, even if they were given a chance, they wouldn’t take it.” Looking back at Kai tearful, the knowing look she was given made her feel even sadder.

“B-B-But w-what if he c-changed?” Frowning, Kai shook her head as her hand moved to hide the man from Claire. “People don’t just change. Sometimes time can do it, but not always. If they can’t change and their just going to hurt others…. then their true monsters. But the twins can see them, not the ones on a wrong path but the real ones that can’t be helped… they can’t hide amongst people anymore.”

Claire grew silent as she felt her whole body trembling at the current conversation. Within hours she had been blindly preaching to Kai… but within seconds she felt her composure cracking along with her resolve. She still believed everyone had a chance if they did something wrong… but now it didn’t exactly seem so black and white either.

She kind of wanted to know what else the man had done… maybe as a last ditch effort to try and defend him… but she already knew it wouldn’t work. Feeling warmth surround her, Claire nuzzled into it as her cheeks began to dry.

“I hate to do this to you… but I think you need more than one example so you don’t just sleep on it and change your mind.” Looking up at Kai pleadingly, the younger girl gave her an indifferent look as she pulled out another man, once again his body taped up.

“I have to restrain the tinies in boxes 2 and 1… they fight each other if I don’t…” She muttered darkly before dropping a bald headed man in front of Claire. “Alright… Byron? Yeah, you’re Byron. I’d notice that cue ball anywhere.” She chuckled before frowning.

“Now, I know you just heard all of that, and what happened to your cellmate so why don’t you try being truthful with me?” The struggling man shared a look of intense hatred for her but didn’t openly curse her out like the other had.

Glancing to Claire clearly confused as to who she was or why she was here, he scowled. “If I tell, you won’t kill me?” Crossing her heart, Kai smirked. “Yeah I won’t off ya, now talk.” Nodding, or doing his best to he turned to Claire before scowling once again.

“I was sentenced to life in prison for vehicular manslaughter. A family of four I think… I wasn’t drunk or anything, just angry…” He muttered bitterly before glaring back at Kai. Cupping her mouth, Claire just shook her head.

He spoke like it was almost second nature. ‘He just openly admitted to killing four people! A family… parents… children?’ growling, she was about to march over to him herself before Kai’s hand nudged her back. “Easy tiger, way ahead of you.”

As her fingers curled around the startled man he soon began to scream. “WHAT THE FUCK, YOU SAID IF I TALKED YOU WOULDN’T DO ANYTHING TO ME!” Chuckling darkly, Kai’s eyes narrowed as she lifted up one of her arms.

“I said I wouldn’t kill you, I never said we wouldn’t *play*.” Shoving the screaming man into her sweaty armpit, she lowered her arm trapping him inside his moist and sweaty prison. Giggling softly at the feelings he was giving her, Kai bit her lip as she tried not to laugh. She loved it when her toys tickled her.

Looking back at Claire, the girl no longer looked mad… well at least not at her actions. Smiling softly, she patted the shrunken workers head as she continued to hide her laughter. “Is my point getting across yet? Are you starting to see the difference?”

Nodding slowly, Claire continued to look away unable to meet her keepers eyes. “Owe! You lousy son of a…” She growled as she lifted her arm up, the man’s limp form still wiggling. Tugging the man currently plastered to her skin off, she tossed him onto the table angrily before dropping the bin in her lap to the floor.

“Damn it that stung!” Looking at her pit at the tiny bite mark the man left, she mumbled something about payback, but beyond that, Claire couldn’t make out the rest. Looking back at Claire now, Kai went quiet as she observed her.

“Lesson one; don’t piss off your jailors. Grab some popcorn, the shows about to begin!” Kai grinned before repositioning herself on her chair. Propping her knees under her so she was sitting on them, she adjusted her jean shorts before looking at the disgruntled man deviously.

“First offense, solitary confinement, second offense, aww, who am I kidding they usually don’t live past this first.” She giggled before grabbing the now squirming man by his feet. Watching Kai closely, Claire looked at her confused before her eyes slowly began to widen as she watched where her hand was going.

‘S-S-She can’t b-be serious?!’ As her hand rested right behind her, Kai blinked for a moment before slapping her forehead. “Ah, I almost forgot!” Tugging the man forward, the brunette gave him a smirk before tapping his head. “Let’s just change that sense of smell up a few notches. How’s that?”

Cringing as she saw the man convulsing immediately, Claire looked away feeling phantom pains in her nose. Opting to watch Kai instead, the shrunken worker eyed her closely as she saw her shaking… it looked to be in excitement, though.

If anything it reminded her of earlier in the day when she was feeding people to that other girl… As Kai’s hand moved behind her, she tugged her jeans open in the rear before thrusting the man inside giddily. Feeling her stomach churn, Claire looked away once more, but no matter how hard she tried… she just kept looking back both with morbid curiosity and… something else.

Positioning the man how she liked, her olive skinned forearm pulled back before she bounced on her knee’s giggling. “That should do it, now we just have to wait.” Blinking a few times, Claire’s head turned involuntarily as she tried to figure out what she meant by that.

Wasn’t his punishment being put back there, to begin with? ‘Does she just plan on leaving him in her u-underwear?’ Hearing a loud gurgle, however, caused the shrunken girl's eyes to widen considerably. “Ahh, there we go, I didn’t think it would take too long. Whenever I sit like this it pushes things along for some reason.” Kai laughed dryly before wiggling her rear.

Hearing the younger girl grunt followed by a loud ripping noise coming from her backside, Claire gawked in silent horror as she watched Kai fart on the shrunken man. ‘D-D-Did s-she really just d-do that?’ She knew Kai was a bit… well gross, but that must have been disgusting for the shrunken man…

Not to mention hell. When she had her senses heightened she was damn near knocked on her ass. But having such a pungent smell as that, at that size… she couldn’t fathom how horrible it must be for him. Hearing a few more quiet farts come out as well, Claire looked back at Kai before frowning.

She looked utterly enthralled by her *payback*. It was probably a good assumption she had practice with this form of torture before. Ripping a final long fart, Kai sighed in relief before reaching her hand back in her pants.

“That is why you don’t piss off your betters. All my little monsters know this already though, but still, from time to time they forget their place. And it’s my job to remind them of it.” Her tone grew dark before she withdrew her hand… but the man wasn’t in it.

“K-K-Kai, aren’t you going to put him back…?” Grinning darkly, Kai gave her rear a light pat before moving off her knee’s to sit back down. “Oh I put him back somewhere. He won’t think of biting me again, well, unless he likes the bitter taste of what’s there…” She chuckled darkly earning a look of utter horror from the brunette.

Cupping her mouth, Claire grit her teeth feeling sick to her stomach. ‘S-She couldn’t have done that… d-does she really mean she put him in her… her…’ Shaking her head, she chose not to think too long on it. She had seen firsthand just how cruel Kai could truly be.

After getting seated how she liked, Kai’s eyes landed on Claire’s shivering form before a smirk made its way to her lips. ‘I guess I did make my point… but now to see the fruits of my labor…’ If the twins wanted her broken, well she could do it but she’d probably be a bit scarred as well after tonight.  But it seemed like her end of their little bet was beginning to fall apart… Maybe for the best, though.

Scowling, she shook her head dismissing any notion that she was wrong about Claire as she hooked her thumbs into the waistband of her jean shorts. Hearing the larger girl grow quiet, Claire looked at Kai concerned before her cheeks instantly went a bright shade of red.

“K-K-Kai?! W-what are you doing!” Looking back at Claire confused, the olive skinned girl shrugged as she hiked down her shorts revealing a pair of sweat stained panties. They might have been white once, but now they were horribly worn in making them a light shade of gray with visible stains all over them.

“What, I’m getting comfortable. It’s been a long day. I’m allowed to take my pants off if I want to.” She shrugged off the question as she kicked away the tight denim apparel. Sighing happily as the fresh air reached her warm nether regions, Kai grinned before she looked back at Claire confused.

“Huh? Why are you hiding your face like that? Geez, it’s almost like your embarrassed that… I’m…” Blinking once, then twice, Kai’s eyes widened before a large grin broke out on her face. “You’re into girls! Oh, it all makes sense now! That’s why the twins took such a liking to you.” Kai laughed happily as the much smaller girl continued to hide her crimson features.

Eeping in surprise as a pair of fingers wrapped around her, Claire had little time to react as Kai tossed her down between her legs, an ear to ear smile in place as she watched the shocked girl trying desperately to look anywhere else.

“Aww you’re so cute when you’re blushing like that, look at that embarrassed little face.” Kai cooed as she poked Claire repeatedly making the already small girl feel much smaller by her jests. “Why didn’t you tell me you liked us? I would have let you ride somewhere else instead~” She stuck out her tongue suggestively before frowning.

“Are you really that embarrassed?” From the moment she set her between her legs the tiny brunette had done nothing but shield her eyes from the sight in front of her. “Y-Y-Yes! Why aren’t you?” Tapping her lips in thought, Kai shrugged before adjusting her panties a bit.

“Hey, girl, boy, it doesn’t matter to me. If you’re tiny and unwilling… or possibly in your case willing, you’re alright with me.” She grinned. “I’ve never understood the twins fancy with just girls. It’s like you’re eating a meal, but leaving half off just because it looks different.” She shrugged once more before scowling.

“Come on, take a look. I know now you like this. So are you a pervert into little girls? Hmm?” growling now, Kai moved her hands around Claire’s arms before pulling them away. “Look!” whimpering, Claire slowly opened her eyes as she cheeks darkened considerably more.

“Ha, I knew it. I knew there had to be something wrong with you. An adult is an adult. You’re a pervert.” Kai whispered victoriously as Claire looked up at her pleadingly. “N-N-No I’m not!” Scoffing, the larger girl moved her hand around Claire before shoving her forward.

“Yea right, now who’s lying? You’re practically drooling, don’t try to hide it!” She hissed before crossing her arms. She couldn’t believe it. She had almost thought Claire was an exception to her beliefs. But all along she was just hiding it.

Well, at least now she had an answer for the twins when they asked her yes or no about her. She had just made this decision a lot easier. Glancing back at the shivering girl, Kai smirked wanting to milk this out as long as she could.

“Now, now, there’s no need to lie to me after I’ve been nothing but truthful to you. Let’s make another deal. You admit you’re a pervert into little girls, and I’ll let you play in here~” she purred as one of her hands moved down to her panties, tugging them aside partially.

Freezing up, Claire clenched her teeth before glaring up at Kai. “I-I-I’m not lying! I’m not a pervert, just into little girls!”, “so you admit then you do like us?”, “N-N-NO THAT’S NOT WHAT I SAID!” Growling, she shook her head angrily.

Kai was a silver-tongued deviant. She could twist and contort anything she could possibly say. Hell, she made her all but openly accept murder as justifiable. What chance did she have against her? It just wasn’t true, though…

The twins… she wasn’t going to lie, she felt something towards them in a strange way… but that didn’t make her a pervert. She didn’t openly see everyone like that. She rarely ever did before Sophia and Alexis even came into her life.

No, she wasn’t going to budge on this. She knew who she was, even if Kai didn’t. Glaring up at Kai once more, with enough conviction to surprise even her, Claire shook her head. “I am not, a pervert…” Gritting her teeth, Kai reached for Claire about to force her to admit it in the same way she had forced her other tinies to spill their guts to her, before something unexpected happened…

As the doorknob to the room jiggled, the wooden entry was shoved open as a woman stepped into the room, a look of pure and unhidden disgust prominent of her features as she stared over the room, and eventually on Kai.

“Still living in your own filth I see, I guess some things will never change Kaia…” Claire gawked quietly as she stared up at the new arrival. Her tone was full of condescension, almost like she was talking to a pet instead of another person…

Looking over her features, the brunette scrunched her eyes as she tried to figure out where she had seen her before. She had long brown hair similar to Kai’s, but it was flowing down her back instead of cut off short.

She wore a small mini-dress with a very formal look to it, almost like some type of uniform actually. But what finally struck a chord with her memory, was her eyes, her dark brown eyes. They looked full of resentment and indignation … it was like she hated the person she was looking at…

Shaking her head, Claire looked up at Kai confused. ‘This was the girl I saw in the photo’s downstairs…’ But she looked a lot older now, maybe in her late teens if she had to take a shot in the dark. Hearing a light scraping sound behind her, Claire looked back before recoiling in shock as she saw the younger girl’s nails digging into her desk, her teeth bared angrily as she stared up at the woman before them.

“What, the hell, are you doing here Kala! G-Get out of my room!” Scoffing, the older girl stepped into the bedroom, ignoring the younger brunette’s angry tone as she looked the place over. “You forget your place. This was once my room too. It’s such a shame father gave it to you, though. You’ve tainted it with your very presence. I bet Mom and Dad wish they could take it back, but, wishes won’t get you far in this world now will they…?” She chuckled quietly before looking back at Kai, the smaller girl shrinking just from the powerful gaze she held over her.

“I’m honestly surprised there isn’t a lock on the door, though, the outside I mean. Imagining you running around the house, it’s disgusting.” She hissed before slamming her hand on the desk. “Not to mention going near our poor, defenseless baby sister. Oh, mom told me all about that. That’s probably one of the reasons they asked me to come back from campus today, a waste of time if you ask me, but, unlike you, I’m actually the good child who listens.” She smirked.

As Claire watched the one-sided argument in front of her, her eyes went back and forth in disbelief. One for the fact the woman know known as Kala was indeed Kai’s sister, two, the fact she was so… virulent towards her… and three, and most likely the most prominent one… the fact Kai was just taking this.

Looking back at the younger girl, Claire couldn’t believe her eyes. She, she was shaking… but it didn’t look like anger… it was like she was being mercilessly beaten by her sister's words. She hadn’t known the girl for long, but even so, she could tell the brunette was a fighter. She didn’t let her anger or her emotions get to her, but she was just sitting there, in utter and painful silence as her sister circled her… like some type of prey…

“Listen here Kaia because I don’t want to take one more step in this retched filth you call a room again. Do not go near my little sister again. She’s the only real one I have.” Stepping back to the door, the older brunette sent another look to Kai before shaking her head.

“I don’t know why father didn’t just ship you somewhere else… you’re not worth their time.” Shutting, err, slamming the door… Claire continued to watch in sheer revulsion at what she had just been witness to. Slowly her attention turned back to Kai… but she didn’t see her anymore.

Sitting in the same place, the brunette shook in silence as her fingers clenched into her trembling fists. “K-K-Kai…?” Blinking, the younger girl’s attention slowly turned away from where her sister had just been to the now worried shrunken girl before her.

“T-T-That, that was unexpected… heh, I-I guess she’s back f-for tonight then…” Kai laughed dryly as she continued to shake. “K-Kai, are you alright…?” Gritting her teeth, the olive skinned girl, put up a forced smile before nodding.

“N-Never b-better…” Claire eyes slowly widened now as she watched the trembling slowly cease only to be replaced with tears now. “K-K-Kai! Talk to me, what, what was that!” She waved to the door frantically, but the only response she received was a forced, throaty gurgle she could only assume was a vain attempt to laugh.

“I-Its nothing… t-that’s just Kala… M-My… My s-sis… s-s-sis…” Kai croaked before steady streams of tears began to fall. Cupping her face, Kai’s head moved backward as she tried to stop the onslaught of emotions that began to come out.

“D-D-Damn it… Damn it, damn it, damn it, DAMN IT! Why… w-why did she have to come here today!” Slamming her fist onto the table, enough to make the whole desk creak as well, Kai shook her head. “K-Kai… please tell me what’s wrong… t-that can’t be your sister… r-right…?”

Raising her head, the younger brunette directed her angry gaze to Claire before wiping away her tears. “I-I’m fine! There’s nothing to tell.” She grunted out angrily before crossing her arms, her lower lip trembling as she began to shake once more.

Scowling, Claire shook her head before moving to the other end of the desk. “Kai, don’t lie, it’s obvious what your sister said hurt you, talk… t-to… me…?” the shrunken girl soon grew quiet in her words as she saw Kai’s dark expressionless eyes land on her now.

“I’m, not, lying!” She hissed through gritted teeth before slamming her hands on either side of Claire, making the much smaller girl shrink from the enraged look being directed at her. “There is nothing to talk about, especially not to you. You can stop acting, stop hiding it. I know what you are now, so don’t pretend to care about me, or anything going on with me!” She barked angrily but was only met with a worried look from the smaller girl.

“THAT! DON’T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! I-I-I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP, A-AND I DON’T WANT YOU ACTING-“ “I’m not!” Kai’s eyes widened slightly as Claire’s tiny form shouted back at her. “Get whatever notion you have of me out of your head Kaia! I’m not some monster who cares for no one else but myself. I am worried. I am sad. I am hurting, especially after what I just saw! So stop saying I don’t care about you. I care about everyone I see. Especially… especially someone in as much pain as you are…”

Claire whispered the last part of her sentence as she felt her sadness beginning to rise. The look she was being given… it hurt her. This wasn’t the tomboy, fighter she had spent the last day with…. This was a defeated little girl who didn’t care anymore. It wasn’t who Kai was.

Still shaking in anger, Kai clenched her desk before raising a hand over Claire. “B-B-Big talk from a bug. Y-Y-You just care about changing back! The moment the twins do, that’s when you’ll run away. You don’t care about any of us! Not Kat, not May, not Me, or them! S-So stop saying you care, I know you don’t!”

As her hand rose over her, Claire had little time to react as the younger girl’s finger tapped her head. As her vision grew foggy, Claire groined in pain before rubbing the spot she had been poked. “T-T-There! You're big again, now go away! Just leave me alone…”

Blinking a few times, Claire’s eyes widened as she stared around the room… or more specifically, herself in comparison. Lifting her hands up slowly, her body began to tremble as she saw the size difference around her. “I-I-I’m… I’m tall again…?” She was back to normal.

Looking up in front of her, Kai stood over her, her teeth still bared as she glared at her. “J-Just leave my house and don’t come back… The twins are wrong about you… you’re not special, you’re not the one they talked about… your j-just a lie… you can’t be real. S-So show me your true colors, and run away!” She screamed before growing stiff as a pair of arms wrapped around her tightly.

“Never…” Sniffling softly, Claire smiled warmly as she embraced a now completely frozen Kai. Looking up at Claire in disbelief her shock was soon replaced with tears as fresh ones sprang free from her eyes. “N-N-No… Y-You can’t c-c-care… Y-You don’t e-even know m-m-me…” She stuttered out still in shock as she felt herself pulled tighter into the hug.

Pulling her face back so she could meet Kai’s eyes, Claire smiled warmly as she wiped her tears away. “It wouldn’t matter if I knew you for years or just a few seconds. If I see someone in pain, I want to be there to comfort them, just like you are now.” She whispered as she continued to hold the girl close.

Hearing a faint cracking noise however, Claire looked back at Kai before her eyes widened. Slowly the girl began to shatter before she fell away… along with the room surrounding her. Shivering at the sight, Claire looked around in disbelief and in turn at Kai once more… only; she was bigger than her now.

‘N-N-No… I-It can’t have been an illusion… I-it felt too real?!’ She could feel Kai’s wet tears still staining her fingers. Looking back up at Kai slowly, the younger girl’s mouth was cupped as she continued to cry. “Y-Y-You… You really, really do care, d-don’t you…?” She choked out in silence before the smaller girl nodded her head.

“B-But not even m-my family cares a-about me… W-W-Why… Why!” She cried out still in dismay from the shrunken worker's actions. Slowly rising to her feet, Claire smiled as warm a smile as she could before opening her arms.

“Because, you needed me to.” Eeping in surprise as a hand grabbed her faster then she could see it, the shrunken girl had little time to react as she was pulled into Kai’s dirtied white tee. “I-It’s not t-t-true… I-It can’t be… y-you’re an adult… N-No, it just c-c-can’t be…” She continued to weep quietly as she cradled Claire in bewilderment.

Smiling softly as the much larger girl continued to mutter inconstancy’s as she cried, Claire hugged her back as she waited for her to calm down. It seemed she finally got through to her in the end… but it would take time for her to understand why…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Grunting in discomfort, Claire tried to adjust herself as best she could but it didn’t help. She had been lying on Kai’s stomach for over two hours now as the girl gripped her tightly. Every time she tried to move however it seemed the death hug only worsened. After the tenth time of trying to escape, she just accepted it and let Kai be.

Looking up at the younger girl’s expressionless face as she gazed up at her ceiling, the brunette sighed. “Kai… please speak to me… I’m really worried now…” Noticing her lips twitch upwards if only for a second, she sighed once more.

She had somehow put the girl into shock with her actions. Had she really been pushed so far that at the first sign of empathy she shut her emotions off entirely? “Do you think people can change if they become something they didn’t use to be, change back I mean…”

Blinking, Claire craned her head as she heard the first sentence Kai had said since she had first flopped onto her bed with her. “U-U-Uh… w-well I guess so…?” She muttered quietly as she saw the younger girls face shifting back and forth.

“Kala was once my best friend…” Looking up at Kai inscrutable now, Claire shook her head. ‘How could she call her s-sister a friend after everything she just said to her?!’ Glancing down slowly, Kai looked at Claire’s disbelieving expression before she slowly began to smile.

“I-It’s true… we used to play together on the beaches of Waipahu every day… It was great.” She smiled cheerfully before it slowly began to fade. “B-But after we moved here… my parents set up a monarchy… whatever they say goes… including Kala.”

Seeing tears forming in her eyes again, Claire’s heart sank. “She was always so free spirited… more than I ever was. But, they broke her… When she turned thirteen they sent her to a boarding school, the one they’re going to try and send me to as well. It changed her…” Kai whispered quietly before gripping Claire tighter.

“Her spirit died there, and what came back, it wasn’t my sister anymore. She’s cold, calculated, composed, and inline. She’s the perfect little robot mom and dad always wanted…” Kai spat venomously before shaking her head.

“I just can’t believe I was almost like that too before Sophia and Alexis found me…” Feeling a light tugging on her shirt, Kai looked down before noticing Claire trying to get out of her grasp. Lifting her palm up in surprise, she watched as the shrunken girl breathed in relief. She hadn’t even realized she was holding her still.

After taking a minute to catch her breath, Claire sighed. “I’m sorry Kai… I know that must have been painful. Your sister-“, “That thing isn’t my sister!” she barked before her expression softened seeing the smaller girl flinch from her words.

“Not anymore… The only family I have is little Kari. And I’ll be damned if I let either of my parents corrupt her when she grows up. If they think sending Kala to confront me was going to do anything, they have another thing coming to them!” She growled before leaning up slowly, her hand still cradling Claire tenderly, a much better feeling than the suffocating one from before.

“I’ll make sure when she grows up she can do what she wants, and mom and dad won’t control her like they do Kala, I promised that to her when she was born…” Looking down, Kai smiled as she saw Claire’s hand gently stroking hers.

“You really do care about us… don’t you?” Nodding, Claire smiled back as she was gently held by the olive skinned girl. “I told you I wasn’t lying to you. I’m not a monster, I’m not a pervert!” She said louder on the last part. “And I’m not a liar. I’ll always be around to help when it’s needed.”

Shaking her head, Kai sighed. “You’re more kid then adult then. But, that’s not a bad thing.” She smirked before flopping back on her bed. “So what now…?” Furrowing her brow, the larger child thought it over for a moment before shrugging.

“You got me. My whole plan was to expose you for the monster you really were… guess I lost my bet with the twins.”, “You bet with them I was some kind of monster!” Smiling, Kai nodded. “I’m never going to hear the end of this…”

Scowling, Claire soon began to smile. “I think you owe me something then.” Blinking in confusion, the olive skinned Hawaiian looked back at Claire in surprise as her brow rose. “Oh? And why is that.” Crossing her arms, Claire smirked. “You lost a bet, and since the twins aren’t here to collect, it falls on me to do so. You know how bets work.”

Looking down at her surprised, Kai soon laughed loudly before shaking her head in disbelief. “Damn, I try to make you bet with me all day and this is when you finally win something… Geez… Well fine, a bets a bet. What do you want?”

Crawling up Kai, Claire grinned as she planted herself down on her shoulder. “I want you to talk with me for the rest of the night. Tell me everything about yourself and your life. I want to know more.” Feeling her mouth beginning to hang agape, Kai fell silent before her lips began to twitch upwards.

“A-A deals a deal… you win.” Smiling, Claire went on to ask everything she wanted to know, she had plenty of questions, and it seemed like Kai was more than happy to have finally found someone who cared enough to talk to as well…

End Notes:

Well i hope you liked it. I know it was long, but it looks good this way, at least i think it does. Tell me what you think and what i can do to make it better :)

See you guys next month!

... Kidding... i'll try to post sooner then that this time.

See you soon.

Cut the cord... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"twitches"

 

Looks at the paper, looks back smiling.

So... i might have pulled an all nighter... twice.

Welcome back so soon everyone :)

After i read all the amazing reviews i received last chapter... i knew i just had to post another one. I felt so much joy from reading what everyone wrote, i almost cried.

TwT

 

Anyways this chapter... yea it was hard. But thankfully i didn't have to go into it alone. I want to give a shoutout to Franchise Writer who stayed up with me all night... one of the nights, and helped me polish it at every corner.

This chapter to me looks like a gem :3

I hope you all think so to.

Enjoy!

 

Franchise Writer: P.S. I slipped in some spoilers for you all to find that Sterben doesn't know about, good luck~

 

Sterben: NO NOT MY SECRETS!

Claire casually shifted in her sleep as she felt the gentle warmth from last night slowly leaving her. Pouting, her eyes began to flutter opened as she leaned up tiredly. Yawning out, she stretched her painless limbs before looking around for Kai.

Last night, it had been one of the best nights of… well, honestly her life. Kai was unlike anyone she had ever met, adult or child. She had a story for everything, each just as entertaining as the last. Hearing about her full past, her troubles, her life in general. It made her feel important as she listened. And it seemed Kai was just as thrilled about it as she was.

However, as the brunette's eyes traveled over the dirty room, she frowned as she saw said, girl, absent from it. She was still on her worn out bed, but just her. “Kai…?” Looking around, Claire sighed before standing up. She was rather tired.

They had spent most of the night talking together. It wasn’t till about four or five in the morning the young girl had finally passed out, a content smile on her features causing the shrunken girls heart to flutter.

It never occurred to her until last night but, it seemed like she was really beginning to make a difference like she wanted to when she first came to the daycare…. Although this was most certainly not what she imagined when she chose this line of work…. But it wasn’t too bad… kind of.

Hearing a faint flushing sound from the door beside the bedrooms, Claire looked over confused before it cracked open. Poking her head out, Kai looked over at Claire concerned as a toothbrush hung limply from her lips.

“Id ou all me?” Staring up at her blankly, the olive skinned girl got the picture before pulling her head back into the bathroom. After another quick sound of water, Kai came back out, minus her brush as she made her way to her bed.

“You called?” Chuckling dryly, Claire nodded before making her way to the other side of the mattress so Kai could sit down next to her. “I was wondering where you went off to. So... you brush your teeth…?” Forming a tick mark over her brow, the Hawaiian native scowled at her before flopping down on the bed.

“Yes, I brush my teeth! What kind of a savage doesn’t do…” Kai paused her sentence as she saw the amused expression Claire wore in return. “S-S-Shut up! I brush them all the time alright, geez…” She sighed before rubbing her neck tiredly.

Giggling, Claire joined her as they sat down with one another. “So… a-about last night…” Kai mumbled out quietly as her eyes turned away from her. Looking up at the younger girl confused, she didn’t need to inquire long as a pair if hand lifted her up in from of her.

“S-Sorry… sorry, about well… I guess everything really. I shouldn’t have been so hostile towards ya. You’re pretty cool actually….” She mumbled quietly earning a smile in return from Claire. “Hey, you’ve apologized to me like a dozen times last night. Let’s just move on alright. I forgive you.”

Nodding, Kai still looked away in embarrassment as she tried to express her deep penitence for her actions from before. Feeling a gentle pull on her fingers, her eyes traveled back before she smiled happily.

Hugging Claire into her chest, the younger girl sighed before shaking her head. “It's 7:30… we need to start getting ready to go.” Nodding, Claire looked up at Kai happily but it didn’t look like she shared the same feelings at the moment.

“Kai, what’s the matter?” Shaking her head, her frown deepened as she stared down at Claire. “I guess I’m just sad. I’m going to miss having you around. You’re the first person I’ve ever really had a chance to talk with, well, like this.” She mumbled dryly earning a sad smile in return.

“I said the same thing to May before she handed me back to Sophia and Alexis, and this applies to you too. Anytime you want to talk with me, I’ll always be around to lend an ear.” Nodding, Kai smiled warmly before setting Claire back down.

“Alright, I guess I’ll take a consolation prize then. Too bad the twins won the grand one, though.” She laughed before moving around her room to gather her discarded clothing. “But I do have one prize I need to give you Claire.”

Raising her brow, the brunette looked up at Kai as she stood over her with an eager grin plastered to her lips. “Here, I’m going to give you something to remember me by. It might take some time getting used to, but I think you’ll like it once you do.”

Taking a tentative step back with worry, Claire raised her hand defensively as she saw Kai’s finger moving in front of her head. “N-N-No! A-Absolutely not, you are not doing something to me!” Pouting, Kai crossed her arms before scowling at her.

“Aww, why not? You don’t even know what I was going to do to ya.”, “And I don’t care, the last time you tried to do something to me you overloaded my senses and nearly choked me to death!” Laughing dryly, Kai moved her hands up in defense before a sly smile graced her lips.

“A-A-All right, hear me out. How about we make a deal? If you let me change one thing for you, then you’ll get to ask for one favor.” Pausing, Claire looked over Kai’s face for whatever deceit she could. “What’s the catch…?”

Snapping her fingers, Kai shook her head. “No catch. But having a favor to the bank in at any time is always good. I’m guessing you don’t have a lot of those within our little group yet do you?” pondering her words, Claire frowned knowing this was probably a mistake.

“W-W-What did you want to change for me…?” Grinning from ear to ear, Kai kneeled down before tapping her nose. “I’m going to give you your sense of smell back, but better!” Blinking once, then twice, Claire’s brow rose not understanding what she meant by better.

But now that she mentioned it she still couldn’t smell anything… that was probably something she needed to have fixed anyways… maybe this wouldn’t be so bad…? Sighing, Claire nodded slowly. “F-F-Fine… B-But don’t overload my receptor things again!”

Crossing her heart, kai grinned as she moved her finger over the brunette's face. “I wouldn’t dream of it, now take a nice deep breathe for me.” Doing as she said, Claire breathed in slowly before nearly gagging in disbelief.

Covering her nose as her eyes watered she glared daggers up at the younger girl who wore an amused smile. “Y-Y-YOU S-SAID YOU WOULDN’T DO THIS AGAIN!” Her nose felt like it was trying to fall off! Scoffing, Kai planted herself back on the bed as she looked down at Claire in mock pain.

“Mwaa going back on her word? Lies! I did not overload your senses, this time, Claire. I only made them a bit stronger.” She trailed off earning a glare from the still coughing girl. “Ok, hear me out. A person’s sense of smell is truly a remarkable thing. Animals have much stronger ones then we do… well, not we personally but you get what I mean. With it, they can smell things we never even register. Try taking another deep breath and tell me what you smell.”

Feeling her eye twitch, Claire growled quietly before doing as she was told. As expected however it burned just as painfully as before. Gagging, the brunette shook her head in dismay. How could she think she wanted this?!

The room around her was horrific! It was like stale sweat and moldy mildew. Not to mention all the shrunken men in the tubs. It was like they had never had a bath in their lives! And Kai was the worst! She had such a potent smell it was…

Opening her eyes slowly, Claire thought over everything she just smelled. ‘W-W-Wait, I was able to discern them…?’ Moving her shivering hands away from her nose, Claire sniffed the air slowly, her nose twitching as she smelled the scents around her.

“You can tell, can’t you? Everything in here has its own unique scent. It’s overbearing at first but with a little time, you can, in fact, differentiate them can’t you?” Looking around, Claire had to blink her eyes and rub them as she saw the room around her… almost lighter than before.

It seemed like there were colors in the air that weren’t there before. Sniffing, her nose tingled lightly as the colors seemingly moved into her lungs and traveled through her. “Wow…” She had no idea this was all the things her nose could do.

Moving to her nightstand, Kai pulled the drawer open before pulling out a small vial. “Here, take a whiff of this now.” Plucking the cork from the glass bottle, Kai waved it in front of her before the shrunken girl was suddenly hit by the full force of what was in it.

Almost staggering back in shock, she coughed a few times as she inhaled the scent. It smelled heavily of vanilla, with a hint of something else… something nutty. Hazelnut? No, Christmassy like… cinnamon over chestnuts, yes, it was chestnuts!

Closing her eyes, Claire bit her lip as she continued to sniff the air, her legs wobbling under her as she felt herself beginning to feel faint. Corking the vial, Kai moved her free hand behind Claire just as she fell down in bliss.

“Whoa, easy there. Take the scent with a grain of salt or you might just pass out.” Kai laughed as she moved the bottle back in her drawer. Looking up at Kai in wonder, Claire shook her head in disbelief. “T-T-That… that was the most breathtaking thing I-I’ve ever smelled, what was it?”

Smirking, Kai reached back in her drawer before pulling out about ten different vials, all the same size but with many different colored fluids inside of them. “These are pure extracts. There potent as all hell and are some of the best things to smell when life gets you down. Hell, I’ve almost creamed my pants just from sniffing them directly.” She chuckled in amusement before noticing the brunette blushing faintly.

“I guess the feelings mutual huh?” Nodding in embarrassment, Claire shook her head in disbelief. “I… I just can’t wrap my head around this. This is, it’s amazing! Is your sense of smell like this all the time?!” Chuckling, Kai rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before tapping her own nose.

“Actually, mine's a bit more powerful. You see, what I did to you yesterday when I overloaded your senses, yea, that’s what mine are like all the time.” Gawking, Claire looked up at Kai as if she had grown a second head but it seemed like she was telling the truth.

‘I nearly choked to death, though. It was way too much, much more than this at least. How could she possibly handle such a sense?’ Feeling the girls disbelieving eyes literally staring through her now, Kai sighed. “Ok look it didn’t just happen. I started altering my sense of smell right after the twins upped my brains power. It was little at first, mostly for fun and it wasn’t till later I realized just how much I could do.” She laughed before looking back at the surprised brunette.

“S-So… you really smell everything as strong as before…?” Crossing her heart once more, Kai grinned. “Yep, I’m one of a kind. Then again, if you ever want a little boost to my little gift to feel free to ask. The benefits are endless.” She giggled before moving to stand up once again.

“Alright, we really got to get going, though, my parents wake up at 8:00 and I’d rather eat and run before their up and about.” She said seriously earning a nod of understanding from the shrunken worker. As Kai tugged her red worn hoodie on from the day before, Claire scowled.

She was wearing the same clothes as last night, even the same panties. Sighing, she shook her head. That would be something to work on with her. She didn’t need to be so, gross, just to make a point to her parents.

Feeling a lightbulb go off in her mind, Claire looked up at Kai as she kicked on one of her shoes before a dark smile graced her lips. “Hey, Kai?” Pausing, the younger girl looked back as she pulled on her other sock. “Sup?”

“You said you’d give me a favor if I let you do, this.” She pointed to her nose as Kai nodded in return. “Yeah, you think of something you wanted?” Smiling darkly, Claire nodded. “Oh, I have an idea in mind…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“You… are a freaking, sadist!”

 

“You look lovely Kai.”

 

“I’m going to drop you in my shoe, grind you into a paste, and then smear you on the floor when I get to the daycare!”

 

“You still can’t take it off if you kill me…”

 

Gritting her teeth, Kai glared daggers at Claire as the shrunken girl rode on her shoulder smugly. “Why the hell are you even making me wear this?! I nearly jumped out the window when I heard my mother walking down the stairs! Do you have any idea what she would say if she saw me in this?!”

Shrugging, Claire continued to look over Kai amused. “I think she’d say you look lovely too.” , “THAT’S MY POINT!” shivering in disgust, Kai looked over her clothes before shaking her head angrily. “Damn it, why the hell did I ever tell you I wore this! This is humiliating!”

Sighing, Claire propped her chin on her palm as she looked over Kai once more. “Will you stop complaining? You said you used to like dressing up like this before you met the twins. Wear it for yourself not for what others think of you. And once again, you look, lovely.”

Grinding her teeth, the olive skinned girl shook her head in dismay. “I should have burned this thing the moment the twins fixed me. This is physically painful to the touch…” She hissed as she looked down at her clothes.

“Will you knock it off, it’s just a dress!” Walking down the streets, Kai clenched her fists as she looked at her frilly white sundress. Her mother had bought it for her a little over a year ago and she hated seeing it ever since. It reminded her of worse times in her life. And now she had to wear it all day.

“You’re a freaking monster. I take back everything I said!” Scowling, Claire punched Kai lightly, (not that she could really feel it anyways) as she looked at the rising sun in the distance. “Will you stop already? You’ve been whining like a little child since you put it on. We made a deal, now hold up your end of the bargain missy!”

Looking over the frilly white sundress, Kai shook her head. “I don’t think I’ll even last a day in this monstrosity. Just think what the twins will… say…” Kai paused abruptly before clutching in head in dismay. “OH HELL NO! That’s it we’re going back!”

Right as Kai turned tail; Claire quickly tugged on the girl’s ear earning a grunt of discomfort from her. “Come on! Why does it still bother you what people think about you? Does the dress hurt you? Or does it actually feel nice?”

Mumbling under her breath, Kai sighed before shaking her head. “Sadist…”, “Drama queen.” Growling, as a tick mark formed over her brow at the word she used on purpose for her look, Kai shook her head before marching back down the street in anger.

“I will never forgive you for this!”, “Your welcome.”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“She gave us her word…”, ‘A word means little in regards to an adult.’ “Claire is not an ordinary adult…” Nodding Alexis gripped her sister’s hand tightly as both twins watched from the opening of the Daycare. They had never felt this nervous in their lives.

‘As long as she follows her own rules, Claire will be just fine… She can’t hurt her if she’s not like them.’ Nodding, Sophia leaned her head on Alexis’s shoulder before sighing. “How did we last this long without her…? Every day she’s away, feels miserable….”

Nodding sadly, Alexis nuzzled her sibling’s cheek before giving her a quick kiss. “We don’t know what’s missing until it is truly gone. But now we will always know… We just have to hope that… that…” Blinking, Sophia looked up at her sister confused before her eyes widened as she saw her shocked expression.

As their thoughts were slowly shared, Sophia’s eyes widened to the extent of her sisters as they both looked at the corner of the road. A few seconds later… they saw her. “WILL YOU STOP SAYING I’M LOVELY! I’M NOT A LITTLE PRINCESS! OH BITE ME, OWE WHAT THE HELL, DID YOU ACTUALLY BITE ME!”

Both blondes’ heads slowly began to turn as their uncomprehending minds tried to comprehend what it was they were actually witnessing. Marching up the street, Kai’s hand swatted her shoulder as she ground her teeth.

“STOP IT!”, “YOU FIRST, WILL YOU STOP CALLING ME A LITTLE PERVERT WE’VE BEEN THROUGH THIS ALREADY!”, “THEN LET ME CHANGE OUT OF THIS FREAKING RAG!” Glaring daggers back and forth at one another, both brunettes crossed their arms as they held their respective grounds.

Hearing a loud cough however soon brought Kai out of her heated stare first, her expression bleeding away as she went pale. Standing hand in hand, both Sophia and Alexis looked over Kai as they brow's furrowed in disbelief.

“G-Good morning… Kai. W-W-We trust that you’re… evening, was, pleasant?” Scoffing the olive skinned girl scowled down at Claire before shaking her head. “Naw, it was a pain more than anything.” Feeling another punch on her shoulder from the shrunken girl, Kai soon began to sigh.

“Can we just pretend you didn’t see me in this, maybe erase my memory after today as well so I can?” Both blondes’ lips slowly began to twitch now as they stared at the shrunken girl currently riding on their friend's shoulder.

“So, your night was uneventful then? That’s a shame. So to what regards do you view Claire then if you don’t mind us asking.” Sophia inquired quietly earning a brooding look from the brunette. “S-She… uh… she was, different than I expected… but, you know… I could use another day with her… f-f-for studying purposes… maybe to make up my mind a little easier…” She blushed in embarrassment as she saw the amused expressions the twins wore.

“Sorry Kai, but we can’t arrange that, studying purposes aside.” Sighing, she looked up at them sheepishly. “Saw through that huh…” Earning a gleeful nod from both sisters, Kai grinned herself. “She’s been a freaking pain in the ass all morning, but she ain’t all that bad. I’d say it’s safe to say I want you to keep her around.”

Looking back at Claire now, Kai smiled sadly before giving her a light bop on the head earning a small smile in return. Holding onto Kai’s finger, Claire hugged her tightly. “Well, it seems like you’ve made up your mind then. We’re glad to hear it.” Alexis grinned broadly before extending her hand.

Sighing, Kai nodded before cupping Claire gently. “I guess this is goodbye for now. Make sure to keep that promise, I want to hang with ya from now on, your pretty cool.” She grinned. As both twins watched the brunettes together a dark smile played over they lips.

“I’m glad you’re both getting along so well… almost like sisters.” Freezing abruptly, Kai’s eyes widened considerably before she looked back at the twins smiling faces. Gaping quietly, her eyes moved back to Claire before she shook her head in disbelief.

“You… you to have a warped sense of humor…” Smirking, Sophia stepped up beside her before patting her shoulder. “We’re aware, now if you’d please.” Moving her hand out again, Kai nodded before placing the shrunken girl delicately in her hand.

Looking back at the blondes, Kai shook her head quietly. “Alright, guess I’ll see you all later. Now I just need to go find a pair of scissors to fix my clothes.” She grinned cheekily as she heard an angry cry from the shrunken girl.

Waving halfheartedly, she folded her arms behind her head before pacing into the daycare, her mind still going over the twin’s words… Staring up at the twins, Claire scowled in silence at Sophia’s last remark.

“Why would you say that, don’t you know what her family life is like with her sister?” Glancing down at the smaller girl, both siblings chuckled quietly before moving into the Daycare as well. “Oh we weren’t referring to that, don’t worry. We’re not that cruel.”

Looking up at her confused, Sophia smiled quietly as she let the brunette's mind make of that as she so chose…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Breathing slowly, Claire’s eyes fluttered open and closed as she rested snuggly against Alexis’s lap. It didn’t occur to her just how tired she was but the moment the twins found a place in the Daycare they were comfortable with and set her down, she had all but feel asleep on the spot.

Her sudden fatigue wasn’t unnoticed either but it seems the blondes hovering over her were rather content as well as their hands either draped her body or caressed her gently as she rested. “Prolonging your sleep cycle isn’t good in this form Claire. Your body recovers its energy through sleep and since your primary functions are turned off, that is the only way for it to recover.” Sophia informed her as she gently stroked her index finger across her cheek.

Nodding tiredly, the brunette nuzzled the digit as she continued to relax in their presence. She always felt safe with them. Well, the safest she could be with all powerful beings. Smirking, both sisters shifted slowly as not to disturb their little inamorata as Alexis gently placed her on Sophia’s lap instead.

Moving her head over, she rested it on her sister’s lap next to Claire before smiling happily. “We missed you a lot. We hope you know this, know how much you affect us.” Looking up at the child’s colossal red eyes, Claire smiled.

She could see it in them, her warmth, and her love. They both shared the same feelings towards her… and, the feelings were beginning to feel mutual. Both blondes’ lips slowly twitched upwards as they shared a glance.

“You’re different than before. You’ve changed so much since the first time we’ve met. It seems like such a long time ago, yet, in the grand scheme, it’s only a few seconds in our lives.” Nodding tiredly, Claire listened through one ear as she continued to ward off sleep.

As the warm blanket of their hands held her tighter, she shrunken girl sighed in bliss. Her words did ring true. A few days ago she would have felt completely uncomfortable with this, but now, she didn’t want to be anywhere else.

The feelings she felt, she still didn’t know what they meant, but she knew she liked them. She liked them more than any other feelings she had ever experienced before. As Alexis’s hand gently stroked her face, her thoughts carefully sifted through Claire’s.

Last night, regardless of what Kai had told them was indeed eventful. It actually frightened them both as they felt the horror Claire was privy to. But, they knew she had to experience just that. They were the ones who asked Kai to show her them after all.

And the results were well worth her pain, as saddening as she seemed by them. Now it was their turn to try to ease whatever phantom prickles that were left from the cause of their actions. Although… they’d probably have to advance their schedule with her, Kai had been rather loose-lipped, a fact that caught them by surprise. Shifting the shrunken girl once again, Sophia stifled a giggle as she watched the smaller girl pout in her sleep.

They had really missed her. Moving her lips next to her, Alexis gently blew on Claire’s face before pressing her lips against her head. However… as her warmth breath washed over the smaller girl she spasmed quietly in her sleep before snuggling closer once more.

The action quickly caught both blondes attention, however. ‘D-Did I do something to bother her?’ Frowning, Sophia moved her hand over Claire’s body before her brow rose. “Her nasal acuity has been heightened to a 3. That’s double what she would have normally smelled before. Your breath probably caught her by surprise…”

Pouting, the younger girl moved her face closer to Claire’s as she watched her sleep. ‘Why would she have her sense of smell heightened?’ Shrugging, Sophia continued to watch her closely before her attention shifted to Kai.

Both pairs of eyes landed on her now as they saw their friend laughing next to May as they chatted amongst themselves. “It’s possible she wanted something in common with Claire.” Shaking her head, Alexis’s mind traveled over to hers before going over her thoughts. Kai was sly in nature. She wouldn't have done something like this for something as simple as that.

As she read them, however, her eyes widened considerably. “You shrewd little deviant…” Looking back at her sister her own eyes widened as they shared their thoughts. ‘W-Why did this not occur to us sooner?’ Shaking her head, Alexis grinned happily as she moved her hands under Claire’s head.

“Because we were too focused on changing her view drastically, we never considered a subtle approach such as this.” Kai was many things, and cunning was by far one of them. Moving her hands over her sister, Sophia smiled darkly as she slowly shifted her biology.

Almost immediately the effects became apparent. Fidgeting in her sleep, Claire shuddered as she nuzzled her face closer to Alexis’s hand causing the younger girl to giggle happily. They had been trying to use logic and reason to get Claire to understand and like them… but, they hadn’t tried appealing to a baser need.

As her eyes began to open, Claire looked around confused. Something smelled really… intoxicating. Sniffing deeply, the brunette inhaled the air as she saw a faint golden color surrounding her. It smelled breathtaking… and it made her feel… different.

“Is everything alright Claire, you look troubled.” Turning her head slowly, the shrunken girl's eyes landed on Alexis’s imposing face before her breath hitched. ‘W-W-What’s… w-what’s happening…?’ Her face… it looked really cute.

Staring into her bright red eyes, she felt, connected to her for some reason. As the blondes warm breathe gently rolled onto her, Claire shuddered. She had never felt like this before, what was happening to her? Her whole body… I-It felt like it was heating up.

Licking her lips slowly, Alexis grinned as she saw the shrunken daycare worker’s eyes linger on her mouth as her tongue subtly flicked at her. “You still look tired, why don’t you rest some more?” Before Claire could say anything else a pair of hands cupped her from behind before pressing her against the blonde’s cheek, right against it.

“There, is that better?” Sophia inquired as she too wore a grin from ear to ear as she watched the smaller girl shivering slowly. Feeling her body pressed against multiple soft surfaces like it was now… it felt heavenly. Not to mention the smell… she still had no clue what it was but it was really driving her insane!

Sniffing deeply, her eyes closed as pleasure traveled through her sinuses and into her core. Doing so a few more times her nose finally made contact with Alexis’s skin before she inhaled again. This time, though, the smell… it was point blank!

Looking up at Alexis with widened eyes, she coughed a few times as she tried to figure out why Alexis smelled so… rousing. Both sisters giggled quietly as they saw the confusion play over her face. “Are you still uncomfortable? What if I do this?”

Lifting Claire back up, Alexis pulled her dress aside as she bared her neck to the girl. Moving the smaller girl against her sister’s skin, Sophia smirked as she watched the girl nearly faint on contact. Once more, the brunette sniffed deeply as her whole body flared up to new proportions.

“W-W-Why… w-what a-are you t-two d-doing to m-m-me?!” Claire stuttered out in a whisper in clear confusion as her face was pressed against Alexis’s collarbone. “We haven’t done a thing to you. We’re just letting your body become familiar with my pheromones.”

Prying her eyes away from the blonde's neck, (as hard as that truly was) Claire looked up at the Alexis confused. Weren’t those only noticeable for animals? Not to mention the fact humans couldn’t… smell… them…

Gawking quietly, she shot a look of surprise to both sisters as they giggled happily. “Take another breath, enjoy my scent. Bathe in it~.” Forcing the brunettes face back against her neck, Alexis grinned cheekily. This was an approach they should have taken the moment they changed her pleasure receptors. The combined force of them both, it had to be hitting her like a truck.

Trembling, Claire’s eyes beaded slowly as she felt the heat rolling off the younger girl’s skin. It was like she was absorbing it herself and it was warming her up from the inside out. Taking another breath, she moaned in bliss.

Her scent, it was just so powerful! ‘D-D-Did, d-did Kai p-plan this all along?!’ She couldn’t stop herself, it was like her body was being controlled by Sophia once again, but she could tell that wasn’t the case. Ever shiver, every breath, it was her own doing. And it felt so good doing it…

Nodding to her sister, Sophia stood up before taking her sister's hand on her own. “We should probably move somewhere more secluded, it’s time you made a decision Claire, you’ve had plenty of time to decide,” Alexis informed as she continued to hold the shrunken worker against her neck.

As the blondes began to leave the room, a small smirk graced a certain brunette’s lips before she continued on her conversation with another pink haired child. The outcome was what she expected in the end, down to the last detail…

Stepping past the break room, Sophia pushed the doors open before letting her sibling inside. Glancing around the vacant room, just to make sure it actually was, her hands moved to the lock on the door before they moved over to one of the small benches in the locker room.

The last thing they wanted right now was anyone coming inside, no their patience was at an end. Sitting on opposite sides, Alexis moved her hand away pulling the shuddering girl with her as she continued to breathe in her scent.

“You can’t resist us, can you? When an animal smells the pheromones of another it elicits primal urges inside them. Humans, there close enough to mammals in the end as well. So tell us, what urges do you feel Claire?”

Sophia whispered, her tone sounding a bit more guttural than normal. Lifting her head slowly, the brunettes vision was foggy as she directed her attention to Sophia, her lips trembling as she tried to gain control of herself to no avail.

Reaching her hand out slowly towards the blonde, Claire’s arm quivered. “You don’t know what you want, do you? Let’s help you understand then.” Turning her back to her sister, Alexis nodded as she pulled down the small zipper in the back of her black dress.

Standing off the bench she lifted her arms as the garment fell away to the floor leaving Claire speechless as she saw what she had underneath it. “We know this might feel uncomfortable, but these did bring you the most happiness when she wore them. D-Do you like them on me?” Sophia whispered as a faint blush dusted her cheeks.

Standing in only a light blue training bra and a matching pair of panties, Sophia blushed timidly as she saw the smaller girls eyes drinking her in. “T-T-The bra had to be altered… b-but it’s about the same isn’t it?” Nodding, Alexis smiled as she observed her sister's embarrassment.

When it was just them they shared none but with someone new in the picture, she could feel why it did. She had been just as timid when she adorned the silken maroon panties she had glimpsed from the brunette's mind. These, however, were perfect. She had made a visual image of them before giving them to her sister to recreate.

And it seemed like Claire knew it. Covering her mouth, the shrunken girl shook her head in disbelief, her senses finally returning to her from the shock she felt. What Sophia was wearing… they were the same pair the person who had hurt her most had worn… Frowning, Sophia moved back to the bench before cupping her hands around Claire.

“It’s time you moved on. We know you’ve pushed these memories away for years, but you still hold onto the pain. Let, them, go.” Sophia whispered sternly as her lips inched closer to the smaller girl. Feeling her eyes glued to the blue fabric, she knew, knew that she couldn’t. It hurt her too much...

As another pair of hands cupped her from behind, Claire shivered as she felt the sweet scent of Alexis enter her nose once more. “You have many morals, but those were broken by us every day… yet you still refuse to acknowledge our feelings, we’ve only one reason why that can be. You’re afraid.”

Both sisters frowned as they continued to watch the shivering girl in silence. “She hurt you…”, “And now you’re afraid you’ll be hurt again…”, “But we are not her, nor could we ever be…”, “You have nothing to fear from us.”, “We will comfort you.”, “Protect you…”, “Keep you safe.”, “Pleasure you.”, “Be there for you.”, “Adore you.”, And most importantly…”

“Love you.” They whispered simultaneously as their lips met in front of the frozen girls face. Moving her hands above Claire’s head, Alexis smiled as she moved their conversation elsewhere…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Blinking, Claire’s eyes slowly adjusted as she looked up at a ceiling. Leaning up slowly, her vision slowly became clear as she realized where she was. Regal room, royal red bed sheets, wall cut fireplace, tapestry rug… she was back in the twins room, although, this time, it wasn’t from the same perspective.

Running her hand over the soft, silky sheets she shivered. She was her own height again. “We thought it would be best if you felt comfortable. Is this more to your liking?” Turning around, Claire froze as she saw two blondes… but they weren’t exactly the twins.

They each looked to be about 16 or 17 in appearance. They were most definitely Sophia and Alexis… but at the same time, it was like looking at two different people entirely. Moving to the left of the bed the one blonde with twin tails sat next to Claire before smiling warmly.

Doing the same to her right, the other blonde with straightened golden hair copied her clone as they boxed her in on the large bed. “As you’ve probably figured out, or at least we hope you did, this isn’t real. But, we wanted you to try to understand things from our perspective.” Alexis said seriously earning a nod from her sister.

Looking between them both, Claire just shook her head. This was weird, even for them. Smirking, both sisters put their arms around Claire before flopping down into the bed simultaneously taking the surprised brunette with them.

As all three lay there, Claire soon began to grow anxious. Why weren’t they saying anything? Looking at Sophia the blonde smiled warmly. “Is the bed warm enough for you? I can raise the temperature?” Feeling the sheets under her beginning to self-heat themselves, she shook her head.

Nodding, Sophia shut her eyes before sighing. Once again silence permitted the room before Alexis spoke up this time. “You’re very tense, why don’t you see if this makes you feel better?” Feeling herself pulled into the blonde, Claire was about to move away before she felt her body heating up again.

Shuddering, she began to relax before moaning happily as she felt the blonde’s hands gently massaging her shoulders. “See that feels better, doesn’t it? Just lay back and enjoy, we live to please you here~” Biting her lip, Claire shook her head. Why were they doing this?

Feeling a soft weight being placed on her chest her eyes opened back up as she saw Sophia laying on her contently. “You tried to hide your feelings from us, but you can’t hide anything from us in the end Claire. We know you better than even you do. You used morals to disillusion yourself, were kids, we don’t know what we’re doing, it's wrong… What about now?”

Leaning up, she smiled darkly as she tucked her hair back. “We’re the same age as you now. Does this bother you too?” Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette shivered as she saw the hungry expression the blonde wore.

“No, you’re still trying to fight us. You may not realize you are but your mind certainly is.” Looking up confused, she gasped quietly as she saw the blonde beginning to shrink as her hair retreated back a bit. After a few moments, she kneeled in the same place, now at her appropriate age instead.

“You don’t care about how we look. You know that that doesn’t matter to us. You’re trying to distance yourself, you always were.” Feeling the gentle touches on her shoulders cease, Claire watched as Alexis moved next to Sophia, her age now matching hers as they both looked at her sadly.

“We’ve offered you everything we could possibly think of. Power, pleasure, love…” Sophia whispered before shaking her head. “But you’re still trying to fight off what you want. Let us, let us help you, please!” Her tone was that of pleading as she and her sister moved on top of her lap.

“S-Sophia… A-A-Alexis I-“, “Stop!” Quieting instantly, Alexis shook her head. “Don’t, just watch… It’s the only way you can move on. Just take a leap of faith and believe that what we are doing, we are doing for you…” Freezing, Claire looked at her shocked. That had been the same thing Kai had told her yesterday.

‘You need to trust us, have we lead you wrong, even once…?’ Shaking her head slowly, the brunette’s eyes began to close. Feeling her eyes tear up, Claire nodded slowly. She hated thinking about this… especially what they were trying to make her think about, but she knew she’d need to confront it sooner or later… she just really wished it was later...

Moving her hands to either side of the larger girls head, Alexis closed her eyes as they went a bit deeper inside…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

(4 years back…)

 

Claire blushed darkly as she sat on a black couch next to a brunette similar to her. She had long flowing auburn toned hair resting just past her mid back. Dressed similarly to she wore a white tank top with a pair of dark denim skinny jeans as well.

As she watched the TV in front of her happily, a movie they were both pretty into at this point, Claire continued to blush. Looking up at her longtime friend, she bit her lips unsure of whether to say it or not. “H-H-Hey… B-B-Brittney…?” Snapping her eyes away from the movie, the other girl smiled warmly at her, making the butterflies in stomach flutter incessantly.

“What’s up?” opening her mouth to speak, Claire’s voice soon left her before she shook her head. “I-I-I’m going to get a drink…” Raising her brow the other girl shrugged before waving to her. “Bring back some popcorn, were all out.”

Nodding, she soon stood up before walking into the kitchen next to her disheartened. She had been friends with Brittney for years, best friends really. She didn’t have many on account of her shyness. But still, whenever life got her down, she could always count on her to lift her back up.

She was… everything to her. Smiling warmly, Claire shook her head. She wanted to tell her how she felt too, but every time she tried… she just couldn’t. “Damn it, what’s wrong with me…” Sighing, she moved to the fridge before pulling out a bottle of water.

She had to tell her. She had been promising herself each day for the last month that, that would be the day she said it… but, the month was almost over and she still never even got close to saying it. She thought for sure today would have been the day, though…

She rented a romantic movie, her parents weren’t home, it was dusk outside, and the moon was full. It was like the stars were aligning for the perfect evening. And so far, it honestly was. She was snuggled on the couch close to her, and the movie was beginning to get very intimate. No, this had to be the night she told her!

Taking a long sip of her drink, Claire sighed. “I just have to say it, come on you’ve practiced this a hundred times. Just say it!” grinding her teeth, she pouted. Saying it to a mirror was one thing… saying it to her friend's face was a whole other.

Shaking her head, she looked up at the window over the sink before smiling. Moving across from it, she looked at her reflection before taking a deep breath. “B-Brittney… Y-You’re my friend… a-and I w-want you to know, I, I l-like you.” No, that wasn’t right.

Scowling she cleared her thought before trying again. “B-B-Brittney, w-we’ve been friends for so long… a-and I f-feel something for you… more than as a friend?” Growling, she shook her head again. Why was this always so difficult for her to say?

Taking another deep breath she closed her eyes before smiling. “Brittney… I, I love you…” Jumping as something smashed on the ground behind her, Claire turned around quickly before freezing in place. Standing behind her at the door of the kitchen, was Brittney, a broken bowl in front of her from what she had previously been holding and a startled expression clear as day on her face.

“W-What did you just say…?” Cupping her mouth in horror, Claire fidgeted uncontrollably as she saw the pure and utter mortification on her face. “B-B-Brittney…” Looking down in front of her, her face went pale as she saw the shattered remains of the popcorn bowl she had forgotten out there.

Looking back up at her friend slowly, Claire’s mouth opened slowly as she tried to explain but the enraged look she was being given silenced anything she could have said. “I-Is that why you always rent these stupid romance movies! The reason you always want us to hang out alone?! Your just some sick freak, who wants to get in my pants, is that it! What the fuck Claire, what the hell is wrong with you, I thought you were my friend!”

Cupping her mouth again as tears fell from her eyes, Claire looked up at her friend speechless. She had never spoken that way to her before. “B-B-Brittney I-“, “Get the fuck out of my house! Your, you’re so disgusting!” Time seemed to slow for Claire now as she felt the words her friend spoke pierced her heart like a knife.

With trembling lips, Claire did the only thing she could in this situation… she fled. Quickly shielding her face from her friend, she cried loudly as she ran to the front door and out into the night. She couldn’t take this. The embarrassment, the shame… the sadness, the pain… too many emotions for her to understand, she just couldn’t…

As time froze in the kitchen, Alexis stepped into the room followed along by her sister and finally a trembling Claire, albeit a little older now showing her true age. Looking around, she whimpered in sadness as her voice grew hoarse.

She remembered this room vividly. It was the place where the saddest moment of her life had happened… and she just got to watch it again. Both twins looked up at the girl in front of them before anger entered their eyes.

“She is not worthy of you Claire… she never was.” Sophia whispered quietly before the girl began to fade from the room leaving them alone. “She is no friend… she isn’t even a person. She’s a monster. Only a monster can abandon a friend, especially when they are the cause of such pain. Yet here she is, judging you… She never deserved your love.”

Looking back at the trembling girl, both sisters frowned. “This act and this act alone was the spark that caused your life to go downhill in a matter of days… so much so that you felt the need to start over, and in the end find your way to us.” Alexis mumbled sadly before moving next to Claire.

“I have no way of proving this to you… but she never loved you or felt the way you did towards her. It was one sided and never would have been reciprocated.” Gritting her teeth, Claire shook her head angrily as tears welled up in her eyes. “I-I-It was m-my fault… I-If I didn’t blurt it out… m-m-maybe she would have-“Before Claire could continue, she felt a sharp tug on her arm by Sophia.

“Stop!” She hissed angrily before Alexis did the same to her other arm. Feeling herself pulled down to her knees, her eyes looked on the twins leveled now as they held looks of pure anger. “Do not, think this! She would never have loved you. We have no proof to show you but you can attest by now what we say is true. Her body language was more than enough. I’ve scoured every memory of her that I could find and everything points to the same conclusion. You were nothing more than a common friend! And barely that even.” Alexis whispered venomously causing the brunette to cry louder.

Feeling gentle warmth on both sides of her, Claire whimpered as she buried her head in the crook of Sophia’s neck. Hugging the larger girl, both siblings sighed as they held her tightly. “We… were sorry for being so blunt with you Claire… but you need to move on. You can’t let your past dictate your future. You moved after all because of this, and letting the chains of your past hold you back will stop any attempt of a better future you so cherish. Please, let them go…”

Alexis whispered quietly in her ear as she continued to hold the crying girl close. Sniffling, Claire shook her head. It wasn’t a matter of letting such painful memories go, she’d never forget them. They’d haunt her till the day she died. “Then make new memories then, happy ones… ones with us.”

Looking up at Sophia now, Claire’s lower lip trembled as she felt more tears beginning to fall. “C-C-Can we p-please leave this p-place…” Nodding to her sister, Alexis closed her eyes before taking them back. They didn’t need to stay any longer, their point, had been made…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Lying back on the large bed, Claire’s hand draped itself over her eyes as she cried quietly. That had been beyond painful to remember… but, she felt lighter for somehow. Snuggling closer to the brunette, Sophia and Alexis smiled as they continued to hug her close, like some type of large teddy bear.

“She is no longer there… she’s not holding you back… her curse is gone. You’re free Claire, so please, we beg you. Let us erase the pain she left in your heart. We are yours, and you are ours, forever.” Sophia whispered quietly as she continued to nuzzle the prone girl.

“You’ve sheltered your feelings for so long, turned them into another source of love even, but it’s time you received the love you’ve given back. And we can give it to you tenfold.” Alexis followed her sister’s voice as she whispered in a hushed tone.

Snuggling closer to her, both their heads rested next to hers now as they laid a gentle kiss on each of her cheeks. “All you must do Claire…”, “Is say yes…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

(Present)

 

 

Opening her eyes, Claire breathed slowly as she felt things back to the way they should have been. Alexis’s scent still lingered in the air… her feet sunk into the soft surface of Sophia’s hands… and the twins both sat in front of here with fretful eyes.

Looking down slowly, the brunette’s vision traveled over each of the twins separately before she sighed. “Can, can I ask you two a question…” Both blondes nodded without hesitation causing her to smile sadly. “Why… why do you care so much about me… you said I’m special… but why… I’m nobody, I’m no one… I’m just-“

“Claire. You’re just Claire. And that is why you’re special.” Blinking, her eyes traveled up to the twins as they smiled down at her warmly. “Your kind,”, “And sweeter than sugar.” “You act on feelings,” , “And don’t use lies to get your way.” “You're warm to the touch,”” And not cold hearted in the slightest.” “Beautiful,” ,”Wonderful,” ,”Perfect in every way,” ,”Special.” “You’re special; because that’s the only word we could ever use to describe you. No words have been made nor ever will to describe you. You’re you, and you always will be.” ,”You’re unshakable,”, “Unbreakable,” ,”Powerful with voice", “And through actions alike.” “Your one of a kind,”, “You and you alone are all we want.” ,”And if we must make you see how truly special are to us,” ,”Then we shall spend eternity doing so."

“You, are, worth it~” They finished simultaneously before their lips met together on her face.  After a moment of their kiss, they pulled away before smiling happily as they saw tears streaming down the smaller girls cheeks.

“I… I d-don’t… I…” She stuttered incoherently as she tried to speak but she couldn’t. The twin’s words, they left her speechless. Moving their hands behind Claire’s head, they nudged her forward gently till their lips hung just in front of them.

“So Claire, what will it be?” Shivering, she shook her head before leaning forward. ‘Pleasure beyond your wildest dreams… Anything you could ever ask for… a family…’ Pressing her lips against Sophia’s first, she shuddered as she gave the larger blonde a gentle kiss. Pulling away quickly, her cheeks a bright shade of red in the process her attention moved to Alexis now before she did the same.

After pulling back, she licked her lips before feeling a great amount of pleasure from the taste of their lips still lingering on hers, along with the urge to kiss them again. “Welcome Claire, welcome to your new life, you're one of us now,” Sophia whispered proudly as she and her sister both shook with excitement.

She had finally done it, she was theirs. Not of their will, but of her own accord. Moving her lips forwards Sophia gave the smaller girl another kiss before Alexis nudged her out of the way playfully to do the same.

“I… I b-believe we have some unfinished business to attend to. N-Now… C-Claire, would you please do the honors?” Sophia stammered shyly before lowering the smaller girl down. Looking up at her confused, the answer soon came as she was presented once again to the blonde’s colossal blue panties.

Blushing harder than before, she shivered with uncertainty as Alexis’s hand nudged her forward. ‘The pleasure will feel great, you know this. And now you don’t need to hold back, give in, and enjoy everything my sister has to offer you~.’

As she was set down on the bench, Sophia moved her hand between her legs before tugging away the blue garment to expose her quim to the shuddering girl. “I-I’ve… I’ve been waiting for this since the moment we found you, you’ve excited me so much and I’ve been patient… s-so please don’t hold anything back, I can’t take it.” She whispered almost pleadingly causing the smaller girl to nod slowly.

Blushing, Claire took a step forward, then another, and another… her body knew what it wanted, and it seemed like she could accept it now. It was easier this way. Sniffing the warm air, she shivered with anticipation. Her scent, it was unlike Alexis’s.

They each had their own even though they were twins, but they both smelled so, alluring. Standing in front of her exposed lips now, her hands moved out on their own as she gently felt the younger girl’s supple skin. Looking up, Claire smiled as she saw her shaking from her touch.

She could cause a giantess to yearn for her… just from a touch. It felt empowering. Moving her body close, she inched her face closer before taking another breath. It was powerful here, her scent. It was like an embodiment of lust fueling the burning feeling within her.

‘Act on the pleasure, make it your own!’ Nodding, Claire’s lips moved close before making contact with the girl’s sensitive skin. Kissing Sophia’s lower lips, Claire soon moaned as she tasted her. Her sweat, her skin, her excitement, it was fantastic.

Biting her lip, Sophia looked to her sister with need causing her twin to nod. Moving her face next to Claire’s Alexis grinned before taking a long lick from her sisters neither lips. The moans were instant. Gasping loudly, her hands found their way to her sister’s head before urging her forward.

She had been waiting this long, and even a second more would have been hell! Taking another long lick, Alexis soon grinned before moving her tongue over to Claire. The shrunken brunette so caught up in her pleasure was soon broken out of her trance as she felt the warm sticky feeling of something else as it inched up her back and over her head.

Shuddering, her attention turned to Alexis now before she smiled. “Strip or we’ll have to make you new clothes, those will be ruined.” Blushing profusely, she nodded before pulling her jeans off followed by her shirt next.

As Alexis watched she chuckled darkly as she saw her bare form underneath the bare essentials she kept as clothing. The amount of change Claire had undergone was staggering, but, at the same time she was still the same person they fell in love with after so long.

Once nude, Claire fidgeted as she felt Alexis’s eyes piercing her naked form. She could feel her gaze lingering on her… ‘And does that bother you?’ Shaking her head, she sighed. It flattered her more than anything but this would probably take some time… a long time actually to get used to. She never considered herself that pretty to be honest, but the way the twins spoke about her… it said otherwise.

Feeling herself lifted up, Alexis grinned happily as she positioned the shrunken girl in front of her sisters waiting lips. ‘Never think that. You’re perfect in every way Claire. And we’re more than happy proving to you just how much you drive us crazy~.’ She giggled in her mind, causing the brunette to nod sheepishly.

Moving her free hand to Sophia’s quim, she gently massaged her lower lips before spreading them apart, both girls between her shivering with excitement. “A-Alexis, stop teasing me!” Sophia growled through gritted teeth as she saw the entertained face her sibling wore.

Pouting, she nodded before moving Claire closer. “You had a similar experience with me before, now do the same for her~.” Nodding, Claire soon mewed in pleasure as she felt herself being slowly inserted inside of Sophia.

Instantly her senses were attacked! The warmth around her, the heat was so intense! The smell, oh god the smell. Her nose was on fire with lust as she smelled the pink fleshy walls around her, saturated in Sophia’s essence. It was enough to make her go mad. The feeling of the walls gently cradling her while sucking her deeper in, it was breathtaking. And the taste…

Sticking her tongue out, Claire shuddered involuntarily as she tasted the tantalizing nectar of the younger girl. It was much different than Alexis’s though, it was surprisingly sweet… Hearing the faint giggling in her mind, Claire smirked already knowing why.

They probably wanted this to be perfect for her… they really did want to make her happy… pressing her face into Sophia’s inner walls she nodded to herself. She didn’t know why she had fought this for so long… it really was heaven and then some.

They never lied, none of them did. And Sophia and Alexis were no exceptions. Grinding her body inside her, Claire moaned in bliss as she felt her inner muscles clenching in sync with Sophia’s. Gasping, the prone blonde growled out as she felt her hips bucking into her sister’s mouth.

“N-N-Not, y-yet!” Shaking her head, she willed her body as hard as she could to obey her… but she couldn’t. Pulling her mouth away, Alexis frowned as she saw her sister fighting desperately to prolong the inevitable.

‘You’ve been pent up for days. You know you wouldn’t stand a chance with her inside of you.’ Nodding, the younger blonde soon screamed as her hips began to spasm into her sister’s arms. Moving her hands underneath her, she waited patiently till her sister's juices spilled onto her waiting hand along with its invited guest.

Gasping for air, Claire coughed loudly as she spat up some of the blondes essence. Out of nowhere while she was pleasuring the girl’s inner walls she suddenly was hit by a torrent of her sickly sweet juices. It had surprised even her with how fast it came causing her to inhale a lot of it.

Shivering in Alexis’s hand, Claire looked up in front of her before crying out in pain. Immediately her hand shot to her crotch. She had been burning up inside of her, and minor flood aside she couldn’t take it anymore! ‘Let me assist you~’

Screaming, Claire flopped down as Alexis’s mouth latched onto her waist. Clawing at her hand, she grunted and mewed as she felt the girl’s large tongue viciously assaulting her crotch. Panting, she looked up in dismay as she saw Sophia’s bare lips still hanging over her.

‘I-I-I… I w-want to go, b-back in…’ Smirking, Sophia shot a look to her sister before she chuckled dryly. “M-Maybe t-tonight… I need a moment…” She panted out tiredly before craning her neck to watch. Continuing her assault, Alexis soon zeroed in on the much smaller girls clit before she began scraping her teeth against it.

As expected it had its intended effect. Within seconds Claire let out her loudest scream yet as she bucked into Alexis’s tongue, her orgasm having finally been coaxed out of her as she came hard. Flopping down motionlessly, her tongue beginning to drool as she felt her entire body seemingly shut off.

Pulling her mouth away with a delightful popping noise mostly for amusement, Alexis licked her lips before leaning over to her sister. “Share?”, “Of course~” Swapping a kiss between them, they both shivered as they tasted Claire’s arousal. They had grown addicted to it even if they only got to savor it twice.

Glancing up at the kissing sisters, Claire whimpered quietly. She still couldn’t move, b-but she really wanted to. She was beginning to feel the incessant itching between her legs again. Pulling away with a grin, they cast their eyes to Claire before chuckling.

“We assure you, once we get home you’ll have more pleasure than you could ever dream of.” ,”We’ll bathe you in it, and you’ll enjoy, every, second, of it~” Both sisters moaned causing the smaller girl to pant happily.

She was probably blushing at their statement, but she didn’t care. This just felt so good… so, good… Looking down at their shrunken lover they both frowned seeing her seemingly pass out. “We better reduce her pleasure receptors now. At ten she won’t last as long as we want her to.”

Nodding at her sister, Alexis picked up the unconscious girl before cradling her gently. “So when do we tell the others…?” Frowning, both sisters looked to one another before nodding. “Let’s tell Claire first when she wakes up, and then we’ll make the announcement today.”

Smiling, their eyes directed themselves back to Claire before they began to pet her sleeping form. They had won. She was finally theirs, and they would make sure she was always loved no matter how much love they had to give her~.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Whimpering quietly, Claire fidgeted in her sleep before a small smile made its way to her lips. As a gentle warmth stroked her slowly, her eyes slowly to open before she blinked away the dots in her vision. “You took less time than before to wake up, perhaps lowering your pleasure sensors isn’t warranted after all.”

Looking directly above her, Claire smiled timidly as she saw the large looming pairs of red eyes watching her amused. “Did you sleep well? We made sure to pet you as you slept, does your body feel, less tense perhaps?”

Leaning up, Claire yawned before rolling her shoulders. It actually did now that she mentioned it. This was probably the most comfortable she had felt in a long time. Grinning both Sophia and Alexis moved their hands around Claire before doing just that.

Blushing, the brunette looked up at them timidly as they caressed her before sighing. “T-T-Thanks… a-a-and… and t-thank you f-for, everything really. You’ve opened my eyes… and, other things.” She blushed shyly earning a light rap on her head confusing her.

“Claire, there’s no need to thank us. After all, we love you. And doing things for the ones we love is our pleasure.” They purred happily before pulling the smaller girl into their chests. Blushing even harder than before she sighed.

Her life was going to be strange now… very, very strange. Smirking both girls inched away from one another before Sophia moved Claire to the bench between them. Blinking she looked at them each in turn confused.

“I-Is something wrong?” Shaking their heads they just grinned as they looked down at her. “On the contrary, everything is perfect. That’s why we’ve decided that it’s time we brought you into the fold.” Claire brow furrowed before her eyes widened.

“W-W-Wait, y-you mean you’re finally going to tell me… everything?” Nodding, they both bounced just as giddily before Alexis spoke up. “I think you’ve proven to us your more than-“, “W-Wait… you can’t though.”

Both twins’ eyes widened before they looked down at the smaller girl in shock. “W-W-What do you mean?” Alexis stammered in shock as she saw Claire frowning. “Y-You said you needed me to be accepted by your friends before you could let me in on whatever you’re doing…”

Nodding Sophia scowled. “We have, all of them have accepted you. Kat loves you, May adores you, and Kai… well, we’re pretty sure you’re more of a sister to her than her own.” She chuckled dryly before looking down at the worried expression the brunette wore.

“That’s three of four…” shivering, both blondes immediately knew what she meant before they frowned. “C-Claire… Lily… she isn’t…” Growling, Sophia looked to Alexis before her twin sighed. “You’ve already proved to us that you can be trusted with what we’re going to tell you. We don’t need you to confront Lily… w-we already know what will happen.” She whispered darkly earning a scowl in return from the smaller girl.

“W-W-Well you can’t just skip her she’s your friend! You said to me that anyone who abandons their friend is a monster, what does that say about you two?” Claire stammered earning a look of pure shock from them both. Was, was she defending Lily? Looking over Claire momentarily, Alexis frowned. She was telling the truth, this wasn’t some type of weird joke.

Moving her hands over Claire, Sophia picked her up before sighing. “I… I think you’re still fatigued. Maybe you should rest more before we tell you anything else…” crossing her arms, Claire growled quietly. “WHY DO YOU ALL HATE HER?”

Blinking, both girls looked at Claire speechless. “You say she’s your friend but all of you, both you and Kat and May and even Kai! All of you act like she’s some kind of Monster!” Claire stammered before catching her breath from her outburst.

Silence permitted the room now as all three girls glanced to one another, all seemingly mute from the brunette's words. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity for them all Alexis sighed directing the others attention to her.

“We don’t hate her Claire… we just fear her.” Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise, Claire looked up at Alexis in shock before looking to Sophia for clarification… but all she saw on her face was the same look of pain her sister wore.

“B-B-But… h-how?! You, y-your both… “She grew quiet. She didn’t have a thing to even compare them to. They were omnipotent. Clenching her hands, Alexis shivered as she looked down at her palms. “It’s not that type of fear… it’s a fear of what she’s become… what I made her.” “Alexis…” Sophia whispered before her sister shook her head.

“She needs to know…” Nodding sadly, Sophia set Claire back down confusing her before both siblings looked down in despair. “Do you know how much of our minds we have access to? We told you once before…” Nodding, Claire looked at each of them before frowning.

“Y-You said you could each use about 50% right?” Nodding, Alexis moved her hand behind Claire before tapping her head. “For someone normal, the most they can access is about 10% and under. But that’s not the case with all of our friends. I changed them.” Alexis sad sadly earning a look of confusion from the smaller girl.

Cupping her sibling’s hand, Sophia smiled sadly as she tried to comfort her. “A few years back we began to form a group of friends… these friends you know as Kat, May, Kai, and Lily… But, at the time I was concerned they wouldn’t live up to our expectations, so I altered their minds.”

Claire’s eyes widened now as she saw tears beginning to form over the younger girls as she recalled what she had done. This was the first time she had ever seen such anguish, from either of them. “B-B-But… y-you changed them to protect them an-“She paused as Alexis’s hand rose. Looking back at Claire sadly, she smiled bitterly.

“That came after… When I did this first, it’s because I wanted to make sure our plan wouldn’t fail, not this time…” Cupping her mouth, Claire looked to Sophia in shock but her sister wore the same sad look. “I-I-I’m as much to blame as she is. This happened when-“stopping abruptly as her sister’s hand shot to her mouth Alexis growled loudly.

“D-Don’t try to clean up my mistakes Sophia… you advised me not to do this and you know it…” Lowering her gaze, Sophia nodded solemnly before letting her continue. Taking a deep breath, she sighed before looking back at Claire, her eyes having a harder time meeting the smaller girls.

“Kat… when we found her, she was knocking on deaths door. Sophia altered her body to save her, and I altered her mind to try and make her more… understanding.” She muttered sadly before wiping away the tears that had been now fallen onto her cheeks.

“32% is what she has to work with… and it’s too much.” Looking back at Alexis confused, her attention was turned to Sophia as she tapped on her head. “The reason Kat’s mind fractures at points of distress… Is because of what Alexis did. She has trouble understanding things now, even with her enhanced intelligence. When she gets like this she shuts down and grows hostile. Even we are not safe when this happens.” Sophia whispered quietly as she continued to hold her sister's hand as she cried softly.

“T-T-The one thing… the one thing I couldn’t understand back then… was others minds.” Alexis choked out before hiding her eyes with her hand. “K-Kat… she was so scarred that my t-tampering made her unstable… T-The reason she acts the way she does now… I-I-it’s my f-fault…”

Cupping her mouth, Alexis moved to stand up before walking away from both her sister and Claire causing the brunette's heart to ache as she saw the pain on her face. As the door to the break room was opened she quickly left leaving Sophia alone with her now. “W-W-Wait…” Claire all but whispered as she felt her voice leaving her.

Sighing, Sophia shook her head before directing her attention back to Claire. “You must forgive her… she has never gotten over how much she changed Kat. It didn’t occur to her or I the ramifications of my sisters tampering… until it was too late.” Her tone was a hushed whisper causing the smaller girl to shake her head.

She knew Kat was… odd, but Alexis was to blame for that? Frowning, she directed her gaze back to Sophia with worry. “C-C-Can’t she just change her back, though? I-I mean if you increased her mind, couldn’t you just decrease it or something?”

Scoffing, the blonde simply shook her head. “Raising someone’s cognitive thinking is simple, but to lower it? That could have catastrophic effects on a person’s psyche. If we so much as even attempted to change Kat we could possibly send her to the hospital or worse…”

Gulping, Claire shivered in fear at her tone. “A-A-And… And Alexis changed them all…?” Nodding sadly, Sophia clenched her hands tightly as she went over their old mistakes. “After Kat’s first lapse, we knew we gave her too much control. A person can only handle so much, that’s why humans can only access 10%. For me and my sister because we share two minds in one it’s different. We didn’t consider that factor the first time… but we did the second.”

Looking up curiously now, Claire took a shot in the dark on this one. “I-It was May wasn’t it?” Nodding, Sophia smiled somewhat as she recalled their first meeting with the little pinkette. “She was very timid, much like you actually. We gave her 15%. This allowed her to think double that of what an adult could. This had good effects and negative ones… She still has her childlike thoughts but their more logical. All and all though I’d say she turned out fine... we should have stopped there, though, but even then, we were foolish.”

Sophia whispered as her own eyes slowly began to tear. Grabbing onto the blonde's hand comfortingly, Claire looking up pleadingly for her to continue. Sniffling, Sophia took a deep breath before doing so. “Next was Kai. With all the success May had, we thought maybe a little more wouldn’t hurt. We gave her 20%. This again didn’t seem that bad. She was smart, clever, and very independent. We liked the results. More than I care to admit really.” She muttered quietly before her eyes hardened.

“B-B-But… But then came our last friend… and with her, our promise never to alter anyone else’s minds like this again.” Looking up in shock, Claire gulped quietly not liking where this was going. “We gave Lily, 25%... and she was perfect.”

Blinking, Claire looked speechlessly as Sophia frowned in regret. “P-P-Perfect…?” Nodding, Sophia’s free hand rose as she wiggled her fingers in the air. “Her mind took to our gifts better than we could have ever anticipated. Her cognitive abilities were phenomenal. Her analytical powers were next to none… she was a hybrid. While only I can control one side of our mind and the other to my sister… she could control both halves of hers, to a lesser extent. She took on the characteristics of both Alexis and I… she became the perfect human… but…”

Sophia grew quiet as she stared down at Claire angrily. “B-But we still made the same m-mistake again!” Sophia screeched as tears formed near her eyes. Clenching her hand in anger, she shook her head dismayed. “W-W-We… We didn’t know at the time just how bad things were f-for her… with her increased thoughts… she grew to hate… hate, everything…” Sophia croaked out as she cupped her face angrily.

“She… she was like Kat, but her hatred won… and this time, s-she has full control of her abilities. She’s perfect, and she knows it… and she hates us for it to…” Letting go of Claire, her other hand moved up to her face as she cried in pain.

After hearing it all Claire just stood there silently as she watched the larger child weep. While she might have thought bad for them altering their friends for whatever plan they had… she knew it wasn’t just some cruel experiment they were doing…

No, that didn’t cross her mind at all. Frowning, the brunette stepped over to Sophia before patting her leg under her black dress. “S-Sophia… y-you couldn’t have known…” Shaking her head, the blonde whimpered sadly before wiping away her tears.

“W-W-We, w-we’re not regular people, w-we don’t make mistakes! A-And we made the same one… twice we ruined a person… twice we messed up… it’s my sister’s shame and our burden…” Feeling a tugging on her dress, Sophia croaked softly as she looked down.

Grunting with some effort on her part, Claire scowled as she climbed up the black dress. Once she was high enough she grabbed onto Sophia’s hand before pulling herself into it in an attempt to comfort her. “Sophia… you and your sister, you might not be normal children… but you're still just kids. To error is human, and that’s all that was. Nobody’s perfect, not even you two.” Claire whispered quietly as she heard the blonde's crying continue even more now.

Cupping the smaller girl, Sophia grit her teeth as she hugged Claire for dear life. “W-W-Were… W-We’re so sorry… we wish we c-could fix them… b-but we just can’t…” Nodding, Claire smiled as she nuzzled the blonde. Seeing them both like this… it hurt her. They had never revealed such emotions to her. It truly made her feel just how much they accepted her if they could open up such painful wounds. Closing her eyes, Claire sighed quietly knowing what she had to do.

“Then it’s your turn. Let me be the one to help you, both of you.” Sniffling, Sophia looked up at Claire confused before she paled. “N-N-NO! A-ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Frowning, Claire continued to rub the younger girls face as she smiled. “I helped Kat, and you were wrong about her. Let me do the same for Lily, she deserves to be given a chance. You can’t treat her like she’s an outcast in your group or she’ll turn into one. You said so yourself. Anyone who abandons a friend is a monster, and that’s now what you two are.”

Growling, Sophia bared her teeth at her angrily, before shaking her head. “S-S-She’ll k-kill you… Out of spite for us!” Sighing, Claire nodded her head. “You said the same thing about Kat if she had one of her lapses… but I broke through Kat’s defenses when she was like that. I know I can do the same with Lily, you just need to help me do it…”

Feeling her lips tremble, Sophia whimpered quietly before lowering her gaze. “L-L-Lets find Alexis… s-she’ll want to be a part of this too…” Nodding, Claire took a deep breath before sighing. She didn’t know what she was signing herself up for… but then again, that never stopped her in the past from doing what was right…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Standing in front of the daycare in morbid silence, Claire looked up sadly as she saw both blondes with puffy red eyes. Alexis as they both expected lashed out angrily at her offer… but, after a long discussion they both knew she was right.

Lily, she was still the same girl they originally found. She just needed to be helped, much like all the others did in the past. Thinking over what Alexis had told her, however, caused a shiver to travel down her spine.

‘She’s almost black…’ Apparently, she could see the colors of people. The colors of their nature. The brighter it was, the better… and the darker it was, meant how close you were to becoming one of them. ‘A monster…’

Clenching her fists quietly she sighed again. She didn’t have a clue what was going to happen, but if she even had a chance of stopping Lily from becoming something terrible, then it was her responsibility to do so.

Smiling sadly, both sisters looked down at Claire before shaking their heads. “P-Please… please don’t anger her Claire… we can’t lose you…” Looking up to them both, the little brunette nodded before rubbing Sophia’s hand comfortingly.

As she waited silently her mind soon began to wonder... Frowning, she turned her attention up to the twins but they only looked down at her sadly. "Kat did not show up today... we're sorry..." Nodding dejected, Claire remained silent as she thought about the little Neko. She was hoping to see her... for what might have been the last time. Feeling the grip around her tighten, Claire smiled sadly.

“I’ll come back in one piece, I promise.” Lowering their gaze, they attention soon shifted to the door as they felt her coming closer. Feeling her body growing stiff, the smaller girl didn’t even need to turn around now to know she was there. She could feel her cold, foreboding presence.

Stepping out of the Daycare, the raven-haired child looked at the twins in surprise before walking over to them. “You’re actually giving her to me? I would have thought better of you, both of you.” Lily muttered darkly before directing her petrifying gaze to Claire now.

“So Kai didn’t kill you… I guess that makes you a cockroach instead of a regular bug.” Scowling, Claire felt her lips forcibly shut before glancing to Sophia in annoyance. Gulping, they lifted Claire up gently before extending their hands.

“We… we trust you, Lily. P-Please, bring her back safely…” For a moment nothing happened, the silence from before falling over them once again as Lily looked at them all in silent contemplation. After what seemed like an eternity, however, she finally closed her eyes and extended her hand.

“I make no promises of her safety.” Feeling her stomach drop, along with both twins trembling in anger, they looked to Claire desperately for her to change her mind… but they could tell she wouldn’t. With her arm shaking, Sophia deposited Claire down gently on their friend's hand before moving back to her sister’s side.

Turning back around, they looked away as tears fell down their cheeks. “L-Lily… please, please keep her safe… w-we beg you.” The raven haired girl’s eyes widened if only slightly before her attention shifted to Claire.

Glancing at the smaller girl, she glared silently before looking back to the twins… but they were already walking away…

“I-I-I’m l-looking forward to tonight… I-I hope you are to…” Looking back to Claire, Lily’s ashen eyes showed no hint of what she was feeling before her hand started to move. Looking down in fear, the brunette almost shrieked as the younger girl hand tilted. However, her fear was misplaced as she suddenly fell into a black fabric prison of the girl's dress.

Pulling her hand back, Lily closed her eyes before breathing deeply. They were insane for trusting her… and by morning, they would realize their mistake to…

 

 

 

 

She would be dead before dawn…

 

 

 

End Notes:

I hope you all liked it and i hope i get a lot of wonderful reviews like last time :)

I can't promise the next chapter will come out this quick, in fact i know it won't. School just started back up which means i'll have even less time to sneak off and write, but i will return!

So wait for me my loyal followers! I shall come again baring gifts of new chapters soon...ish.

Bye bye!

What I am... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back everyone :D

I finished the chapter sooner then i had imagined. It took up most of my labor day weekend... but it was worth it :D

This chapter, was by far one of the hardest to write in this story, and i hope you all understand why come the end of it.

Enjoy.

Their all the same in the end… bugs.”

 

“Nothing has change… nothing will ever change… especially me.”

 

“They lied to me… made me false promises… took away my freedom… Now I’ll do the same to them…”

 

Lily sat in the back of her car as a man dressed in a suit drove down the road leading up to her estate, her mind constantly churning as she tried to figure things out. Twitching every so often she finally sighed before looked down at the pocket Claire resided in.

‘Why didn’t I kill you…’ It was a simple thought… an easier action… but, she couldn’t answer it. ‘A bug. Just a bug… What possible reason could you have to live?’ She didn’t need her… and she knew for a fact the twins didn’t either. So why was she even here…

‘A test… perhaps. But to test me how, and in such an elaborate way… why?’  Moving her hand up to her temple, she rubbed the bridge of her nose closely as she thought it over even more. But each way she looked at it, there always seemed to be pieces missing to her theories.

‘I kept her alive… because I’m, curious?’ Nodding slowly, her expression soared at that realization. Why was she curious about her? She was an adult… there shouldn’t be any curiosity. Tapping her lap softly, she sighed once more.

‘I kept her alive… because she’s defied all odds in front of her… and that interests me somehow.’ Nodding again, she soon grit her teeth. She hated when her mind did things when she didn’t want her to. But she knew in the end, her logic was never wrong…

This was becoming tedious. She should have just crushed the tiny the moment Sophia deposited her into her hand. Feeling her hand twitch, she began moving it to her pocket intent on finished what she started before something in her mind flashed by stopping her. Reaching for her own wrist, she pulled it back before closing her eyes.

‘L-Lily… please, please keep her safe… w-we beg you.’ Clenching her fist angrily she moved her hands back to her lap before closing her eyes patiently. She didn’t have time, her precious time, to waste on this trivial matter. No, she’d set it aside, put a pin in it… figure out the meaning of this at a later time. Now she had much more pressing matters to attend to regrettably.

As the car stopped, Lily waited patiently for her door to open. Standing on the other side, the suited man did just that as he pulled open the door to the black Daimler Limousine before waiting for the younger girl to leave the vehicle.

Jumping out, she walked past him, not even sparing a glance as she looked up at her home with distain. The house was very regal in appearance, almost like some type of mansion if you had to choose a word such as that to describe it.

Standing in all three stories’, the building had an 18th century French architecture to it. The walls were carved inward with traced patterns of all shapes and designs on it. The building itself seemed to be in perfect condition however, like not a day had gone by since it was first constructed. To any tourist it was quite possible they would mistake the building entirely as that of a church or cathedral instead of a house. It was a work of art.

As Lily stepped up the last set of winding steps she soon stood in front of her door before it opened for her. “Ahh, young Mistress, welcome home. Can I get you something to drink? Tea or-“A man clad in a dress suit began before Lily strut right past him not even giving him the time of day to his questions.

Shutting the door behind him, he scowled before standing very still to await further duties. Stepping into the main hall of her home, the raven haired child looked around bitterly before standing in front of a large set of curved stairs leading to the next level of the building.

Tapping her foot slowly, she breathed deeply as she tried to relax. After a few minutes another man dressed as a butler stepped forward with something in hand before he descended towards her. “You’ll have to excuse your Father. The Master is currently in a phone conference and couldn’t give you your duties today. Here is the afternoon list. You are to have them completed by 5:00 pm and save time before evening for supper. Tonight’s dish will be soupe de poisson, followed after by strawberry napoleons with mandarin sabayon. Afterwards your night list will be written up and delivered by your Father.”

Not even looking downwards the man finished quietly before lowering the paper for her. Snatching it quickly, Lily glared up at him before walking past and up the stairs. “Oh and young Mistress Elizabeth, do make sure you finish, all things on the list this time. You wouldn’t want to burden your Father with your, mediocrity… again.”

Clenching her fists painfully tight, Lily twitched before she continued up the stairs. Storming down the hall as she passed people left and right, they all gave her a wide berth as they stared down at her with distain.

As she approached the last door in the long corridor, she quickly entered before slamming it behind her. “Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, siz, sept, huit, neuf… dix.” She counted out as she took a deep breathe. Rolling her neck around she began to smile before looking down at the paper.

Scanning its contents back and forth she bit her lip as she whispered every once and awhile to herself. Nodding, she moved into her room before setting the paper down on her desk. As she was about to sit down however her eyes soon moved to her pocket.

‘Leave her be… focus…’ Gritting her teeth she nodded before reaching in. As Claire was suddenly gripped she struggled in surprise having been trapped in the dark for the past half an hour before blinking away the light as she entered the new environment.

“I will only say this once so you don’t have to think too hard and hurt yourself. Sit down, say nothing, and be quite while I do my activities.” Glancing back to Lily, Claire’s brow furrowed in confusion but it seemed she didn’t care as the girl dropped her on the desk and sat back quietly.

Rubbing her sides, the brunette scowled before looking around and taking in the scenery. ‘T-T-This is h-her room?!’ It was massive! Much like the twins, only twice as lush, the large bedroom was adorned in varies decors giving it an overall Elizabethan style to it.

The furniture was all handmade. The bed was easily a king with carved features and canopy coverings. The carpet of the room had a lush design into it with etched words as well she couldn’t read along with portraits left and right of many, many different people she couldn’t even begin to guess.

All and all, this looked more like some type of museum reenactment of some king or queen’s chambers then a child’s room. ‘And I thought the twins were extravagant. This is ridicules…’ Lily’s eyes traveled to the shrunken girl before she scowled.

Tugging on a drawer of her desk, she pulled out a piece of parchment along with an inkwell and pen before setting them down across from her. Closing her eyes, she thought over what she had to write before pulling the pen back and beginning.

As Claire’s eyes soon finished with the room she glanced back to Lily confused as she watched her. Observing quietly, Claire’s jaw soon hung open as she observed the girl writing… writing something. It wasn’t the contents that shocked her it was how well she was writing in the first place!

‘I-I-Is that calligraphy?!’ It… It was beautiful. Watching in amazement as she stroked her pen over the paper, pausing ever so often only to wet the quill, Lily soon began to twitch before pausing to set down her pen. Looking over at Claire darkly, the shrunken girl flinched unsure of what it was that had stopped her.

Moving her hand over towards her, Claire had little time to think before crying out in pain as Lily’s finger impacted with her stomach sending her flying a few feet away. “I said to be quite while I work, that means your thoughts to!”

Groaning, the brunette’s arms cradled her abdomen as she looked up at the child both in shock and fear. “M-M-My thoughts…” Drumming her fingers impatiently, Lily moved her hand forward, causing the smaller girl to scamper back in fear, however it was short lived as she soon realized she was reaching for the paper next to her instead.

“You’re thinking too loudly, stop. I can’t concentrate with you ogling my writing. It’s basic, subpar, and needs work. Don’t act so impressed with this garbage.” She spat quietly before reaching for her letter. Crumpling up the paper, she moved back to her drawer before pulling out a new one.

Setting down the list in front of her, Lily took another deep breathe before going back to her work. As Claire continued to watch, she made sure not to say a word, hell if she could she wouldn’t have even breathed. She didn’t know what would set Lily off… and she’d rather not find out.

‘I-I-I’m thinking to loud…?’ It was safe to say she did in fact have Alexis’s mental acuity… and if everything Sophia said was true… she could us her abilities as well. It was terrifying… Watching Lily carefully, Claire soon frowned as she saw her features.

It seemed like she was utterly devoted to her work… but still unhappy with the outcome. Crumpling the paper once more, the raven haired girl growled angrily before slamming yet another paper in front of her and going at it once again. Choosing to avert her eyes, less she make the same mistake as before, Claire soon looked at the laminated parchment in front of her, her expression draining with every word she read.

Duties of Friday, September the 2nd:

Practice with penmanship, course of two thousand words a piece.

Practice with lingual skills, avec  français, Latin, et anglais.

Practice of modus operandi, to stay in progress until the evening.

Practice of arts in the form of Arc de Triomphe, all architecture included.

Practice of strings, via Piano. To be performed, in cannon of D - “Moonlight Sonata”

Bathe by 4:00, tidy by 4:15, and attend to pleasantries from 4:30 to 4:45.

 

Gawking in silence, Claire’s eyes read over the words once again before shaking her head in shock. ‘S-S-She has to do all this… in three hours?’ It was actually less time than that now that she thought about it. They left the Daycare at 2:30. With how long the trip had been, it was probably closer to 3:00 at least. There was no way she could finish all this in an hour!

Who put their child through something this rigorous? Hearing a dark chuckle, Claire shivered involuntarily as her eyes moved back to the raven haired girl. “To someone as single minded as you, this is impossible. To someone who’s as composed as I am, this is just an obstacle to overcome.” She grinned viciously as she lifted up the paper she had written on.

Showing it to Claire, the shrunken girl had to blink twice as she read over the paper. ‘W-Wow…’ It… It looked perfect. The writing on it… it was like something you’d only find printed off the internet, not something somebody could actually write.

Smirking, Lily set the paper down before standing back up. “You will find that I am in fact perfect, as the twins made so perfectly clear. Nothing, is beyond me.” She hissed silently, causing the smaller girl to shiver. Just how much of their conversation had she glimpsed?!

Standing up, Lily coughed into her hand quietly as she cleared her throat. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath before speaking. “Je suis ce que je suis , et si je suis ce que je suis, ce que je suis ? Je suis tout, et tout est ce que je suis . car je suis , ce que je suis, et tout ce que je suis est ce que je suis .”

Furrowing her brow, Claire listened closely before shaking her head. That was French, but there was no way she could tell what she was saying. After repeating the phrase a few times forward… and possibly backwards? Her tone shifted causing the shrunken worker to gawk in silence once again.

“Sit unum amo . Sed omne quod est , non potest , nam ego sum r03;r03;. Et omnes adversantes omnia perdet illos omnibus . Ego enim sum omnia .” Shaking her head, Claire flopped down in amazement. ‘I-I-Is she really speaking Latin?’ Lily was special with what the twins did to her, but just how talented could she be?!

This was bordering on ludicrous. As she continued for five more minutes, her brow furrowed before she sighed. “Work on vowel use with noun association…” She mumbled to herself before scrunching her eyes tighter.

“And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England’s mountains green and was the holy Lamb of God on England’s pleasant pastures seen? To all who see, and less of known, could be forever seen and known by all? With strength of will, less of body, more of mind, short of sight, be the basis that causes knowledge to flourish but will to shatter~”

Pausing, Lily nodded before opened her eyes, her body stiffening as she saw the smaller girls frozen form. “W-W-What are you staring at!” She snapped angrily before Claire shook her head. “L-L-Lily… that, that was beautiful… what was it?”

Scoffing, the larger girl flicked her hair before glaring down at her. “It’s quoted English. I’m currently fluent, yet father insists I continue with training. As a member of the Delacroix family, it is my duty to be above the rest… that includes bugs like you.” She whispered bitterly before turning away.

‘She must think high of her family. Weird that I’ve never heard of them before if there that well known…’ Freezing, Claire looked up petrified as she realized her thoughts were no longer private. Twitching, Lily turned around before glaring hatefully at her.

“I wouldn’t expect trash like you to know of my name! I am a Delacroix, one of the royal families of France, and such I shouldn’t even have to explain this to a commoner.” Turning back around, she missed the smaller girl shaking her head.

Was this really the way she acted all the time? ‘She honestly see’s everyone less than her…’ Why did the twins even talk to her if this was what they saw…? Moving across the room, Lily stepped behind a small folding screen door and out of sight causing the smaller girl to shiver.

What was she doing now? Her question was soon answered as her black dress was tossed over the top of it. Propping her arm up for her chin, the brunette looked at the shadowy outline of Lily as her thoughts took over.

This wasn’t how she expected her trip to be… Lily (thankfully) hadn’t even tried to hurt her yet. She was afraid for her life the moment she was put in the younger girls pocket… but now it was like she barely even noticed her.

‘Not to mention that weird list… why does her family make her do all that? And… and is this a daily thing?’ Learning foreign and dead languages… writing on a scholar’s level… she also saw something about art and music to. It was like her parents were trying to turn her into some kind of…

“Trophy…” Shuddering, Claire looked across to Lily in sadness now. This reminded her hauntingly of Kai, although, quite the opposite sides were taken with each girl. Lily was actually doing everything they were making her do…

If Kai did this to… would she have wound up like Lily? Shaking her head, the brunette sighed. That was a sad train of thought to go down. Deciding to focus on anything else her mind soon moved to the twins before a small smile made its way to her lips.

‘I wonder what they’re doing right now…’ Probably worrying about her… Clenching her fist, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply. ‘I-I-I’ll get through this… and you’ll come back to them. You’ve got to believe this Claire.’

Hearing a loud scoff, the smaller girl eeped in surprise as Lily stood over her. “I wouldn’t hold your breathe. It’s by my good graces I didn’t squish you when Sophia gave you to me… a mistake, in the end. Your time will come, just be patient.” She whispered darkly before twirling around in front of Claire.

“Make yourself useful and tell me how this looks.” Panting softly as her heart continued to pound out of her chest, Claire looked up at Lily before her mouth grew dry. ‘W-W-Wow… I-Its beautiful…’ Standing in a long maroon dress, fit more for an adult, yet crafted to her size, Lily smirked as she rested her hands on her hips.

“Perhaps asking a perverted bug was a mistake. I could wear dirt and you’d still worship me. Oh well, this does seem decent enough for now so I’m sure Father will approve.” She smiled triumphantly before strutting past an angry Claire.

“I’m not a pervert! God, why do all of you keep calling me that!” Cupping her mouth, the brunette lowered her head as Lily grinned viciously at her. “I’ve seen your filthy thoughts. What you’ve done to the twins. What the others think and have used you for. You’re a toy. A simple toy meant to be used and discarded. You are however right. A pervert is a perverted person… you are nothing~.”

Shuddering, Claire cupped her mouth quietly as she felt her tears attempting to escape. That hurt… hurt her more than she expected words to… Clenching her fists, she opted for anger instead of sadness however as she stood her ground… metaphorically.

“I… am a person. I am, not a pervert. I am someone. I am not a toy. And my name is Claire, not bug!” Stopping mid step, Lily twitched as her eyes darkened. “Say, that you’re a bug…” Shaking her head, Claire soon paled as Lily’s undivided attention was suddenly thrusted onto her as she stomped over to her in her red sandaled shoes.

“I, said, say it!” She hissed as her hands clenched onto the wooden frame of the table in front of her. Whimpering, Claire shook her head. The minute she ever admitted this… she knew Lily would simply kill her. She had to prove to her that she was wrong.

Gritting her teeth, Lily’s hand rose above Claire threateningly as she balled it into a fist. “Say, you are a bug, and I won’t kill you…” Feeling her body shake from her head to her toes, Claire tried to look brave even though she knew she was completely terrified of what was about to happen.

“I… I-I’m a person…” Screaming, Lily’s fist slammed down… next to her. Falling on her ass, Claire’s eyes beaded as she saw the child’s hand resting just inches away. “So you don’t fear death, big deal. I know what you do fear though…” She whispered darkly before stomping away from the smaller girl.

Moving across the room towards a small seater chest at the foot of her bed, Lily propped it open before reaching in. Shutting it quietly, her expression turned dark as she smiled… evilly… Strutting back over, Lily’s hand rose as she held something between her thumb and index finger for Claire to see.

“Tell me, what are you now?” Gritting her teeth, Claire growled angrily as she saw a small man struggling vainly between the child’s finger tips. ‘So she has her own as well.’ That wasn’t much of a surprise but that made her wonder now… what did she do with them…

Staring at the agonizing face the man made as Lily pinched him tighter, Claire sighed. “I’m… a person!” Narrowing her eyes, Lily moved the man in front of the brunette before forcing his head down onto the wooden table.

“You’re so prideful you’ll actually let another person die because you can’t say what you really are? Aren’t you the goodie little two shoes the twins so actively preached about? Are you really revealing your true colors to me now? A shallow… worthless… scared… little insect?”

Staring down at the man in front of her Claire wanted to scream at Lily to let him go… but she knew better now. ‘H-H-He’s here because he deserves whatever’s coming to him… he’s made his bed.’ Gritting her teeth in rage, Lily forced her finger down on the man’s midsection causing him to wail in pain.

“SAY IT ALREADY! DO YOU THINK IM JOKING? I-I’LL KILL IT NOW! SAY YOU’RE A BUG! SAY IT AND I’LL LET IT LIVE!” closing her eyes, Claire looked away as she heard the load scream that followed… along with the sickening crunch as well.

“I refuse…” Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise, Claire slowly turned around before stiffening as she saw the demonic look she was being given. “Y-Y-You’re a bug… j-just… a bug…” Time seemed to slow now as the brunette watched in terror as Lily’s hand came towards her.

Was this the end… what was she going to do to her?! With her hand just a few feet away Lily growled as she tried to snatch Claire up… before a loud echo resonated in the room. As her eyes widened Lily stopped to turn around before paling as she looked at the large grandfather clock near one of the two doors in the room.

“D-D-Damn it… D-Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!” Slamming her fist on the table with enough force to cause it to splinter under her hand, Lily ran over to the side of her bed before pulling out a blank slate and a small canvas.

“S-Stupid… stupid bug… late, I’m late!” She continued to mutter and growl ever so often as she set up the frame before finally pulling a small stool out from under her bed as well. All the while this was happening, Claire had to watch, still petrified as she felt her heart slowly beginning to return to normal.

Cupping her chest, the brunette trembled as she saw Lily’s frantic form next to the canvas she had set up. ‘W-W-What… what happened…?’ She had almost blacked out in fear… forcing her gaze off the raven haired child, Claire looked up at the clock confused.

“Four o’clock…?” Why did that cause her to act the way it did? Turning back to Lily, the shrunken worker had to squint her eyes in confusion as she saw what the younger girl was doing. Franticly dipping a small paintbrush into a palette, she took a deep breath before moving her hand to the blank sheet… with her eyes still closed?

Feeling her own eyes beginning to widen, Claire watched in surprise as she saw Lily’s brush beginning to draw. ‘W-What the hell’s going on? Why is she painting all of a sudden… and with her eyes closed?’ This day was getting weirder and weirder…

Mulling over what was happening, Claire’s eyes widened as she recalled something from before. “Calligraphy, languages, dress, and art…” She was back on her list. Was her daily routine so important it actually stopped her from… f-from killing her?

Shivering silently, Claire stepped over to the laminated paper still on the desk as she looked it over. ‘Four o’clock, bathe…’ Well that was what she meant by late. Looking back at Lily, Claire’s brow furrowed in confusion as she saw what it was she was painting.

How could she do that? Her eyes were still firmly planted shut but her hand was moving on its own as it began painting a picture. It wasn’t finished yet but it looked like some kind of building or archway… ‘She’s painting something from her mind…’

She didn’t even know any artists that could do that. Noticing the brush strokes becoming more frantic, Claire soon scowled. She was rushing herself. The image she was making was still very beautiful but she was panicked. Was… was she actually… scared of not finishing her ridicules list?

After about ten minutes, Lily opened her eyes before wiping the thin sheet of sweat from her brow. Panting quietly, she scanned the image before trembling in anger. “D-Damn it… not good enough…” She didn’t have time to make another though…

Hopping off her stool, she twitched silently before suddenly kicking the stool she had been on in rage. “Damn it, now look what you did bug! It’s ruined and it’s all, your fault!” She pointed to Claire causing the smaller girl to jump.

“M-M-Me?! What the hell did I do! And it’s not ruined, that… that was amazing Lily. Do you not realize what you just did?” Claire sputtered as she pointed to the painting. “I made trash because I was distracted by trash! You’ll pay for this…” She whispered venomously before stomping away from the painting.

Frowning, Claire looked back before shaking her head. ‘It’s breathtaking…’ She could see a picture like this in a museum easily… but, Lily couldn’t? Did she not appreciate anything she did? Hearting a loud clatter, the brunette was drawn out of her saddened thoughts as she noticed the angry giantess now sitting next to a piano that had been hidden in the very corner of the room.

Pushing the key covering aside, she closed her eyes once again before taking a deep breath. As Claire watched quietly she soon grew worried. Was, was she ok? She wasn’t moving. Her worries were short lived however as Lily’s eyes suddenly snapped open along with her fingers making contact with the keyboard.

Instantly the pings from the piano rung into the room before Lily’s eyes closed once again, her fingers gently stroking the keys as she played a song the brunette had never heard before. Tapping each of the keys perfectly, Lily’s head slowly began to sway as she played, her body moving with her in a fluid motion.

Sitting down quietly, Claire watched as one word and one word came to mind what she was seeing. A word she had said multiple times today after really seeing what Lily had hidden from her. “Wow…” Closing her own eyes, she smiled as she listened to the beautiful sound.

It was classical… dark… mystical. She couldn’t quite put a name on the sound. All and all though, it sounded magnificent. No wrong keys were played. No sounds out of line. She was playing a song… this song… in utter perfection. And it just seemed impossible for her to wrap her mind around it.

‘The level of difficulty to play something like this… it’s impossible for a child to do this…’ She was really starting to feel like the twins were right… maybe she was perfect. She could write, speak, draw and play classical music. Even two out of those four things people struggled to do at the same time today what Lily could do in an hour…

It was just… amazing. Opening her eyes happily as the music calmed her nerves, Claire looked back at Lily before frowning. Her eyes were shut… but her face was completely open to her. The scrunched eye lids… the permanent scowl on her lips. The ferocity of her keystrokes… it was like she was wholeheartedly invested in what she was doing… but at the same time, she hated ever second of it.

‘How could she hate something so… beautiful?’ She didn’t understand. As the final note was hit, Lily opened her eyes before folding the wooden lid as she stood up. Glancing over at Claire, she brooded silently but said nothing as she walked away from the piano.

Moving to one of the two doors to the room, she slipped inside what was presumably the bathroom as she left the shrunken girl alone to her own doings. Glancing up at the large grandfather clock next to the door, Claire sighed quietly. It was about 4:30 now.

She didn’t even realize it but Lily had been playing for over ten minutes. ‘Maybe she does like it?’ It was hard to figure out considering how angry she looked with everything she did. But, she knew why that was already.

‘A family that forces her to be the best makes her think she is… and if she can’t do what they tell her to that wounds her ego…’ It seemed like she was finally starting to chip away the mystery surrounding her. Standing up, Claire stretched a bit before walking around on the large oak desk, her eyes scanning everything in sight.

“No toys anywhere… Not a single thing out of place…” Looking over at the inkwell and quill still on the table, Claire examined it for a moment. ‘Yep, fancy to.’ Her family had to be wealthy that’s for sure. “Great, rich, pampered, pressured, and homicidal…” She was by far the hardest of the girls to get to understand.

Stopping abruptly, the brunette coughed into her hand as she saw the still lingering form of the man Lily had plucked from the chest. Looking over at it, she frowned. ‘Is it a couple… a dozen… or hundreds like Kai.’ Just how many monsters did she have… and why did she keep them around for so long?

She hated them… and probably not just monsters but all adults… like her. Feeling sadness well up in the pit of her stomach, Claire shook her head. “I’ll make her see. I promised the twins…” She wasn’t about to go back on a promise she made. She never had in the past.

 Hearing the door opening, Claire glanced back as she saw Lily step into the room once again with a towel curled around her and her hair. “Enjoying the view?” Blushing, Claire grit her teeth as she looked away from the half-naked girl currently moving over to her changing doors.

“Drink it in as much as you want, I’ll be the last thing you’ll ever see, pervert.” Lily called out past the screen, enraging Claire further. That term was really beginning to piss her off. Moving back to her original location, the shrunken brunette decided not to voice those thoughts. One brush with death was enough for her.

Hearing a load knock on the door a few moments later soon drew Claire’s attention to the door. Stumbling out of her changing area, Lily looked herself over before folding her bangs past her ears and… ‘Wait she’s smiling?!’

Immediately Lily glared darkly at her but her attention shifted back to the wooden entry way as she forced another smile over her lips. As she opened the door however… her smile left within seconds. “It is now 4:46 young Mistress Elizabeth. Was your timepiece not working?”

Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl growled audibly at the suit clad man in front of her. “Where, is Father! He was supposed to check my progress… not, you.” Not even batting an eyelash at the hostile tone, the man simple walked into the room before making his way over to her bed.

“The Master is currently awaiting your arrival downstairs in the dining hall. He thought it would be better if I checked on your duties for him instead. His time is valuable you know.” Clenching her fists, Lily stomped past the man but said nothing in return as she stood in front of the painting she had made.

Looking over it, the man remained quiet before turning away. “Next.” Moving over to her desk, she shot Claire a dark look before her hand snatched the written paper she had wrote on earlier. Raising it for the man to see, he was once again utterly quiet as he read it over.

“Recite the quotes, from beginning to end.” Nodding, Lily closed her eyes before she spoke first in French, followed by Latin, and finally ending with English. Nodding, he moved over to the Piano last and sat down. Tapping a few of the keys, his brow rose as he looked over the notes on the sheet in front of her.

“And, the song young Mistress?” Folding her arms behind her back, Lily smirked. “Moonlight Sonata, performed in canon of D. Time, 11 minutes and 23 seconds to finish.” Looking over the keys once again, he stood up before stepping aside.

“Show me.” Gritting her teeth, she nodded before moving over to the piano. Setting herself down, she closed her eyes before breathing deeply. However, right before her hands made contact with the keys, the man cleared his throat causing her to flinch right at the last moment.

“Posture.” Grinding her teeth, Lily sat up higher before once again placing her fingers over the keys. Gently pressing into them, her stiffened form soon softened as she started to play the same melody as before. About half way through it however the man cleared his throat once again.

“That will be all Young Mistress. Now, it’s time to join your parents downstairs for supper. I’ll give the Master your report afterwards and bring you your evening list once finished.” Twitching, Lily said nothing as she stood up.

“Tell him to give it to me himself this time… I’m sick of you.” She hissed before strutting past the man. Once again, the man simply remained quiet before following after her and closing the door behind her. Now alone, Claire soon breathed out the breath she had been holding.

“What the hell was all that about?” It was like Lily was on trial or something. Rubbing her temple she shook her head. She’d have to be blind and deaf to have missed the anger in her tone. Apparently seeing her father must have been important… but it seemed like that didn’t happen often.

Things were now becoming clearer to her… but she still needed a bit more before she was ready to take on Lily… if only she had more time to do it through…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

‘Garbage… its garbage… everything is trash…’

 

‘Why does she taunt me like this… I need to kill her… she’s just a bug…’

 

‘Why haven’t I killed her yet? Why do I keep her… ?’

 

 

Lily looked down at her food with disdain as she gently sloshed the soup around in front of her. ‘Why must they keep making this dish… I hate fish and they know it…’ Lifting her spoon up, she slowly slurped her food as her tongue quivered in her mouth.

‘Salty… disgusting… worthless…’ She hated it so much. Wiping her lips, she gently pushed her food away before staring over at her parents… all the way across from her. Sitting in a large dining hall, Lily could only scowl in silence as she saw her father talking on a cell phone while her mother gossiped rather loudly to one of the few others at the *adult* end of the table.

Narrowing her eyes, Lily seethed silently as she saw their true colors. ‘Embezzler… Oil farmer… Data thief…’ The entire table was full of them… monsters. It didn’t matter to what end they were… they were all bugs, just begging to be squished.

As her eyes traveled to her parents she frowned deeply, their colors not hidden from her either. Watching the shadowy black tendrils surrounding them, she averted her eyes. They knew their mistakes… but so did she.

As her dish was taken away from her, another was soon set down instead. Smiling if only faintly, she grabbed her fork before quickly taking a bite of the French pastry her parents so dearly enjoyed. ‘Sweet… tart… delicious…’ Licking her lips, she was about to grab another bite before her plate was suddenly lifted from her.

“That’s quite enough Elizabeth. The Mistress has made it quite clear she doesn’t want you to become, corpulent.” Glaring daggers at the butler, Lily’s eyes glowed a faint ashen as the man suddenly stiffened. As his body twitched he quietly set down the plate before staggering away.

Smirking, she quickly took another bite of her dessert before sighing. ‘Like I would ever be negligent of my form, what rubbish…’ Glaring at her mother as she sipped from a glass of champagne, Lily shook her head. She was much too prideful to ever let herself become fat… but it still enraged her to have her mother try and point something like that out, she was only six!

Eating the last piece of pastry, Lily pushed her dish away before stepping down from her chair. Standing still with her arms resting between her back she waited patiently as her dad talked amongst varies people near him.

After a moment however he soon locked eyes with her, before he snapped his fingers drawing one of the attendant’s attentions. After a few quick gestures, Lily almost screamed in anger as he started walking over to her.

“Young Mistress I have been tasked with escorting you back-“Stomping past him not even waiting for him to finish, Lily ground her teeth as her father went back to his conversations. “Don’t bother… Just have him come to my room when he’s finished!” she hissed with malice before shoving her chair aside.

Storming out of the dining room, butlers and maids left and right all cleared out of the way of her, their whispers not hidden from her all-knowing ears. ‘There she goes again, throwing another temper tantrum. They really did a horrible job raising her.’

‘What do you think it was this time?’, ‘I bet she’s just mad because her daddy took away her sweets.’ ‘It always freaks me out how quiet she is. I wonder if there’s something wrong with her… you know, mentally?’

Gripping her head, Lily ground her teeth as she willed the voices of all her staff around her to be silent. ‘Shrink them all, their bugs! Bugs! BUGS!’ Trembling, she stumbled into the staircase as she panted quietly.

“Elizabeth, are you alright?!” As a maid ran over to check on her, she was met with an enraged look from the child freezing her in her tracks. “Don’t… g-get near me, bug…” Backing up slowly, the woman nodded timidly as Lily gripped the railings of the stairs and began to climb them.

‘Don’t… let, them… touch you again…’ Nodding, Lily sighed quietly before her body calmed down. Walking up the stairs at a normal pace she began making her way back to her room, the current staff on hand all watching in confusion from her bizarre behavior.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting on her knee’s, Claire looked out one of the two windows that were on either side of Lily’s bed. She could see the sun beginning to set. Smiling sadly, she wiped a stray tear from her eye as she felt a well of happiness form up inside her.

‘So much has happened this week…’ Meeting Sophia and Alexis, and all of their friends… The horrors they showed her. The wonders they displayed… The strange sights… The beautiful smells... There was just so many things she had seen this week that honestly made it both the greatest and worst time of her life.

Looking down sadly, she sighed. ‘Nice work Claire, your acting real positive.’ She still wanted to believe she was going to come out of this night ok… but, she had to face the facts. Lily was troubled… and maybe she wouldn’t be able to help her.

It seemed like she was always mad. Mad at people… mad at her surroundings. Mad at her actions… mad at everything. The only time she had ever even seen a glimpse of anything besides rage was… furrowing her brow, Claire paused to look over at the piano in the corner of the room.

‘The song you played… it was sad.’ She saw the anguish on her features when she was playing it. But those were real. She didn’t show the anger or rage that she harbored so deeply… but actual feelings of what she felt. ‘Maybe if she played something else, I could see it again.’

It was just a shot in the dark but that was the only one she had so far. Everything else Lily did was robotic. Maybe, just maybe, this was a way for her to connect with the girl. Nodding her head, Claire smiled. She still had a shot… even a slim one at making Lily open up to her.

Before Claire’s thoughts could delve any deeper on the matter however, her mind went suddenly blank as the door to the room slammed open. Feeling the temperature noticeably drop, the brunette stiffened as she saw the raven haired child of her thoughts currently walking into the room.

Raising her hand, the door began to shut on its own startling Claire thoroughly. ‘H-H-Her p-powers…’ This was the first noticeable time she had seen them in use. She could move objects with her mind? None of the other girls could do that to her knowledge.

Craning her neck in the shrunken girl’s direction, Lily glared at her before flicking her finger forward. Almost as if she were flicked herself however, Claire screamed in shock as she rocketed backwards. Slamming against the wall beside the desk, the brunette coughed in pain as she felt her body freezing up on her.

“Worthless… useless… pointless… ineffectual… ignominious… so many words to describe you… but, I just can’t think of one that comes to mind. None of them work… you’re less than their value. Less, then anything my mind can generate. How sad is that?” Lily chuckled grimly as she slowly walked over towards her.

Trying to crawl to her feet, Claire soon grunted in pain as her body was forced against its will into the wooden table. “Don’t get up. Just relax… and it will be over soon.” Smiling darkly now, Lily’s eyes glowed a dark ashen almost turning them completely black.

“W-W-What… D-Did I do?” Claire choked out. She didn’t say a thing to her to warrant this level of hostility. Twitching, Lily chuckled dryly as her hand rose above the prone girl. “You’re still alive… that’s enough reason to kill you now…”

Feeling her body flop over, Claire began to cry as she spread her body out in an X as Lily pulled her chair over. “So many options… crushing you was simple… but that’s no fun… I want you to really enjoy this.” She whispered snidely as she reached into her desk.

As her hand returned, Claire wanted to scream but it seemed her voice had already abandoned her as fear took over. Setting down a small pincushion with needles, Lily smiled darkly before reaching into the desk again.

“Should I skewer you? Or…” She trailed off before pulling out a small book of matches and a tiny desk candle. “Bury you alive in wax perhaps?” Paling, Claire watched in terror as her hand moved back in the desk again.

“Maybe flay your skin?” She muttered as she lifted a small letter opener up. Setting it down, she smiled darkly as she reached into the desk once more. “Maybe just fry you?” She clicked the tip of a small pocket Taser before raising it over Claire.

“Please, feel free to give me input. I wouldn’t want to be the only one having fun.” She grinned evilly, her eyes still the same shade of black causing her visage to look like that of a real demon. Struggling against her invisible restraints, Claire thrashed in dismay.

‘D-D-Damn it, it’s just like what Sophia did!’ She couldn’t break free. Pausing, Lily looked down at the brunette before she glared at her. “I think you’ll find that my abilities rival Sophia’s.” Moving her finger forward, she tapped it down before Claire’s breath hitched, a painful blow hitting her stomach out of nowhere.

Feeling a coppery taste in her mouth, the brunette spit to her side as she felt blood on her lips. “W-W-Why…” Raising her brow, Lily lowered her face next to Claire’s as she continued to smile. “Why what? You should really be clearer with your statements.”

Glaring up at her, Claire’s head slowly rose as she fought off Lily’s control the best she could. “W-Why… a-are you d-d-doing this…” She croaked before her head shot back down, hard. Pouting, Lily licked her lips before baring her fangs.

“Because, I can~.” Feeling her stomach turn, Claire growled in anger at her response. “M-M-Monster…” Glaring down at her, Lily tsked quietly as she reached for a pin in the small baggy. “Monster? Me? I’m not a monster…. I’m just the one who cleans them up. A pawn in Sophia and Alexis’s plans… just, like, you.”

Crying louder, Claire shook her head as she saw the monolith sized needle being slowly positioned over her stomach. “You shouldn’t blame me for doing my job. The only ones to blame are the twins. They failed you just like they failed me… and this is more than they deserve. I should have ended your pathetic excuse for existence the moment you landed in my fingertips…”

Shuddering as the cold metal poked into her stomach, Claire whimpered for what was about to come. ‘They d-didn’t fail you… you failed yourself…’ Pausing, Lily looked down at Claire surprised before gritting her teeth.

“They did fail me!” Claire inwardly sighed in relief as she saw the pin slowly set down by the enraged child’s. “What prompts you to immediately take the twins side? Hmm? Some, notion of saviors? They didn’t kill you and now you’re their loyal little pet? Pathetic… the truth is they shrunk you as a test, and when you failed they gave you to me to fix the mistake they made. They lied to you bug… accept you fate, no matter how cruel it may be.”

Glaring, Claire mustered all the will she could as she shook her head further surprising her. “T-T-They… Love me… and, I love, t-them. That’s… That’s why, I’m here… B-Because they c-care, about, you!” She hissed in pain as she coughed up more blood.

Trembling, Lily’s hands clenched in anger at the conviction in the shrunken girls words. “THAT’S A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT! Don’t play dumb with me! They didn’t send you here because of me. They gave you away like a second hand rag, because you no longer looked shiny!” She hissed back with just as much malice in her own words.

Feeling her lips twitch upwards, Claire smiled sadly at that. “T-They didn’t send me here… I c-came… myself-f-f… “She coughed once more in pain as she looked up at the startled child. “Y-Y-You think, that you’re a victim? You’re not… T-The twins, care for you, w-whether you realize it or not, s-s-so much s-so… that they let me… come here.” She breathed out raspy as she tried to relax her body, the pain slowly reseeding.

 Folding her arms, Lily smiled darkly after hearing that. “Then you’re the dumbest person who ever lived… no, bug. A person’s instinct would have saved them. Yours, yours threw you into the lion’s den. And now they’re hungry for blood.” She whispered darkly as her hand moved back to the pin she had set down.

“Even if what you say is true… why should I care? Do you think Sophia and Alexis cared when they played god with me?” Chuckling, she shook her head before positioning the pin higher now… right over Claire’s forehead.

“No, they didn’t… I’m just returning the favor…” Screaming as she felt the metal slowly touching her head, Claire thrashed vainly in an attempt to stop what was about to happen… but she was beaten to it…

 

*Knock, knock, knock *

 

 

Jerking her hand back, Lily paused before letting out a low growl. “WHAT!” As her door opened, Lily turned around with a murderous look in her eyes having been drawn away from the focus of her rage. “Young Mistress, it’s time for your report.” The butler from before announced as he lifted up another laminated sheet of paper.

Panting through her teeth, Lily stomped over to him as she twitched angrily. “WHERE IS MY FATHER!? I told you to have him give it to me this time! He’s been promising me he would for weeks!” She screamed angrily.

Smirking, the man cleared his throat as he ignored the sudden outburst. “The Master… hasn’t the time to waste with such trivialities. As for your report… you get a C for today.” Freezing, Lily looked up at the man shocked before clenching her fists.

“T-T-That’s impossible! I did everything perfectly!” Smiling in amusement, the butler looked over the list before reading it off. “Your penmanship is improving but is still lacking with certain finesse. Your oral practice is coming out garbled at times. Your art lessons are being wasted as well, and finally your music…” He paused before leveling a disappointed look at her.

“Is lacking.” Feeling herself croak, Lily’s mouth moved on its own as she tried to speak… but no words came out. Folding the paper under his arm her turned heel and was about to leave before Lily screamed. “T-T-TELL FATHER TO COME HERE THIS INSANT! T-THERES BEEN A MISTAKE, I DID EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!” She shrieked in rage but the only response she received was a mirthful sigh.

“My apologies Young Mistress… but I do not take orders from you, only the Master. Good day.” As the butler began to leave, Lily’s entire form began to spasm as her eyes glowed eerily dark. Raising her head up, Claire grunted in pain as she felt control of her body beginning to return. She was no longer the focus of Lily’s wrath…

Panting through her teeth, the raven haired child’s hand began to clench along with the butlers movements beginning to become sluggish. As he stopped completely, Lily’s lips twitches into an insane grin as she tried to twist her hand… however…

Gripping her own wrist, Lily looked down at her hand angrily as it seemingly moved on its own before forcing her hand down. Stumbling, the man looked back confused before noticing Lily’s panting form. Shrugging her turned once again before shutting the door behind him.

“K-K-Kill… K-Kill him…” Struggling to hold her wrist back, Lily grunted in pain as she seemingly fought with her own limb. “K-Kill him, kill the bug!” She barked through grit teeth before falling to her knees. Leaning up, Claire watched in shock as she saw the demonic visage surrounding her slowly beginning to dissipate before she fell completely still.

“N-No… You can’t… kill him…” She whispered quietly before letting go of her own hand. “You’re just like her…” Looking up immediately having temporarily forgotten who else was there, Lily shot a deathly glare Claire’s way… but she didn’t show fear.

“What… did you say…?” Watching Lily’s actions… the way she moved… the way she spoke… she finally figured it out. “You’re not perfect… are you?” Lily’s eyes widened as she gawked in silence at what the shrunken worker had said.

“Sophia… said you were… but you’re like Kat… your fighting something inside of you, something trying to get out… that’s why you’re always so angry, isn’t it? You’re fighting yourself…” Staggering to her feet, Lily’s face became enraged once again as she heard the shrunken workers words.

“T-T-Take… it… back!” Frowning, Claire looked away sadly. “The reason you can’t make up your mind sometimes… the random mood swings… the endless rage. There all the other you’s thoughts… Kat was the same way.” Claire whispered sadly.

She had met the darker version of her… and it terrified her to her very core. It seemed now Lily was in fact not as perfect as they were all lead to believe. “How long have you hid it? Hidden the fact you had… this, from them?”

Staggering slowly towards her, Lily’s breath grew rugged as she once again began to spasm. “T-Take… it, back… Take it back… TAKE IT BACK!” Shaking her head, Claire lowered her eyes once again in sadness. “Kat… Kat fought with hers… You need to fight yours to! Don’t let it win!”

Standing over the brunette, Lily’s eyes beaded as they began to glow black once again. “I… am nothing like Kat! I am nothing like her… Don’t you ever compare me to that piece of gutter trash!” Lily shrieked… however she was only met with a glare of her own.

“Never… Never call her that again…” Blinking, Lily looked down at Claire confused. “What?! I’ll call that filth whatever I please!” Gritting her teeth, Claire shot the furious giantess a look just as piercing as her own. “YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO HER!”

Lily’s breath suddenly hitched as she stared down at the smaller girl, speechless. “SHE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY! SHES CARING, LOVING, NICE TO HER FRIENDS, NICE TO YOU! AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL HER FILTH?! YOU’RE THE WORST LIVING BEING IVE EVER MET! No, compared to her there is no comparison. Compared to her… you’re the filth… your less than filth… your trash…”

Claire whispered venomously as she felt all the anger… all the pain… everything that had been bottled up from that night suddenly released all at once. She couldn’t stand it anymore. Lily crossed a line… and she wasn’t about to remain silent any longer.

“You think less of everyone. Less of me, less of your so called friends… less of your family, less of the people who have slaved for you… You’re not human… I can’t see what Alexis can but I know now… you’re a monster… and I don’t think anything I could ever do would change that…”

Tears fell from her eyes as she stared up at Lily in sadness. It hurt her to say that… but she needed to. Trembling, Lily stared down at Claire as she felt any fight she could have put up leave her. She was utterly speechless and didn’t have a thing to say…

 

 “Lily… You can’t give into your anger… it will turn you into the things you hate so much, please just-“

 

 

*Smack*

 

 

Glaring downward, Lily slowly lifted her hand as she blinked in confusion. Looking down at her palm she saw red all over… what happened? Looking back down, her breath hitched as she saw the motionless form of Claire… blood pooling beneath her.

 

 

“Bug…”

 

 

Looking back at her hand, Lily’s eyes returned to normal as she touched the red smear on her skin

 

 

“B-B-Bug…?”

 

 

As her body remained motionless, Lily soon began to twitch.

 

 

 

“Claire…?”

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Burdens of a lost girl, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back everyone, *lifts up shield*

I-I-I know that... last chapters ending was a hell of a place to leave off on, b-b-but thats why, i'm posting this so soon. I've been working non-stop trying to get this one out and i even had help with the final peice so there should be no grammer mistakes like last time... don't quote me...

Anyways please enjoy and like always leave me a review about what your feeling after :)

‘A bug is a bug in the end… just like you.’

 

‘There are none like us.’

 

‘Their nice to Kat… and Kat thought you were nice to… Kat was wrong, though, you’re just a mean lady… a mean adult…’

 

‘M-My parents lie a lot… not just to me but to each other as well… why do all adults lie?’

 

‘N-N-No… Y-You can’t c-c-care… Y-You don’t e-even know m-m-me… B-But not even m-my family cares a-about me… W-W-Why… Why!’

 

‘I knew it. You’re just like all the other bugs in this place. I bet Kat knows it now too after you made her cry…’

 

‘Don’t leave, why are you scared of us? They always act like this to us, why?’

 

‘You shouldn’t blame me for doing my job. The only ones to blame are the twins. They failed you just like they failed me…’

 

‘YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO HER!’

 

‘Thank you, Mommy…’

 

 

It hurt… She could feel pain… everywhere…

She could see nothing, though… only darkness…

Coughing violently, Claire’s eyes slowly began to open as she felt… nothing. ‘W-Where… where am I…?’ Attempting to move at all, she soon found out, she couldn’t. Coughing once more, she soon felt something trickling past her lips.

‘Blood… I, I taste, blood…’ Feeling her body growing colder, her eyes soon began to close. She was getting tired… so, very tired… ‘Wake up!’ Twitching, the brunette mumbled incoherently as she felt her body thrashing.

‘I, said, wake, up!’ Opening her eyes slowly, Claire blinked a few times as she saw the shadowy outline of something above her. ‘W-What’s… going on…?’ Feeling the tiredness from before come back, she soon began to close her eyes again until the strange voice in her mind sounded out once more.

‘Stay awake damn it!’ Why did she have to stay awake…? ‘Don’t die!’ Die? What was she talking about? She… Wait, she knew that voice… Opening her eyes once again, Claire looked up at the shadowy outline as it slowly became clearer and clearer.

“L-L-Lily…?” She gargled out, almost as if she were speaking underwater. Why did she look like that… panicked? No… nervous? No… scared… that seemed like it. Why was she sitting over her? ‘Wake up already!’

As the cold feeling surrounding her slowly began to leave, Claire soon shivered as little prickles of pain traveled over her body. ‘OPEN YOUR EYES!’ They were open, weren’t they? No… she was still sleeping… coughing loudly, the brunette soon whimpered before groaning, and finally screaming loudly as the strange numbing feeling she felt left her entirely only to be replaced by sheer, and utter pain.

“Y-Yes, stay awake!” Gasping for air, Claire trembled on her back as she spat up something from her throat. Opening her eyes in pain, she looked up in confusion as she saw Lily staring down at her, her eyes glowing a bright shade of ashen as her hands traveled over her body.

“L-Lily…?” Coughing harder, her lips were soon shut forcibly as the raven haired child glared at her. “D-Don’t talk, you’ll open up your wounds…” wounds… what wounds? What was going on? One minute she was arguing with Lily… but now she was suddenly on her back with her sitting over…her?

Blinking in confusion, Claire looked up at Lily confused. “Y-You’re… smaller?” Glaring, Lily’s hand moved over Claire’s face before forcing her head back down. “I said don’t talk! And I’m not smaller you twit. I had to change your height. I couldn’t… I-I couldn’t close your wounds at that size…” She whispered bitterly as she twitched sporadically.

She said it again, what was she talking about… Furrowing her brow, Claire’s mind tried to think back before it all became apparent. Coughing once again as blood dribbled down from her lips, the brunette looked up at Lily speechless.

‘Y-Y-You… Y-You crushed me…’ It was a clear as day now… her hand balling up above her… and slamming down. She could remember her bones… snapping… and pain… everywhere. Looking away, Lily said nothing as she continued to run her hands over Claire frantically.

“D-D-Do you feel your body inflamed like you were burned?” Looking up at her eyes, the battered girl tried to speak but Lily’s hand shot to her forehead keeping her down. “Do you!” Nodding slowly, Claire groaned in pain as she felt more and more of it flooding into her. It was becoming unbearable!

Sighing, Lily wiped away the sweat from her brow before grimacing as she saw her reddened hands. “I-I-If you feel it… t-then your body’s trying to heal… I-If you couldn’t feel it your nerves would have been shot still.” She stuttered out quietly as she continued to look down at her bloody hands.

Feeling tears well up in her eyes from the pain, Claire tried to move but she couldn’t. Screaming as she arched her back she immediately fell still as Lily looked down at her enraged. “I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE YOU IDIOT!” Balling her fists, the younger girl stood up angrily before pacing back and forth.

“S-S-Stupid, stupid, s-so stupid! W-Why did I do it…? WHY!” Gripping her hands together as they shook violently she tossed her head back and forth as she fought with herself. ‘Why did you save the bug?! She isn’t worth the effort!’

She didn’t know! One minute she was dead, the next she was screaming at her to live! Why?! ‘I-It’s not too late. Kill her!’ No, no, no, no, no! She wasn’t going to undo all of her hard work… ‘WHY! JUST KILL IT!’ Falling to her knees, Lily gripped her head in pain as she felt her inner voice shrieking at her.

“S-S-Shut up… shut up, shut up, shut up!” she sputtered through her grit teeth. Feeling something touching her leg, Lily looked down angrily before the rage she felt bled away slowly. Clutching the younger girls dress, Claire looked up with worry as she saw the younger girl flailing about.

“L-L-Lily… a-are you…o-oh k?” Claire croaked out in a raspy voice as she coughed up more blood from her throat. Staring down at the older girl in a state of incredulity, Lily shook violently as she tried to figure things out.

“Y-Y-You’re on the verge of death… W-W-Why are y-you asking me that!” She shrieked angrily, but she was only met with a halfhearted smile. “A-A-Are… you…” She whispered as her eyes began to lull shut again. “DON’T SLEEP!” Stumbling down, Lily cradled Claire’s head in her lap angrily as her eyes lit up again.

Moving her hands around the brunette’s neck, she cupped her tightly as she forced her airways open. ‘STOP IT NOW!’ Ignoring the voice once more, Lily panted in exhaustion as she slowly saw the prone girl's breathing becoming normal again.

Opening her eyes groggily, Claire smiled wearily as she tried to move her hand up to Lily’s face. ‘D-Don’t… look at me like that…’ Why was she looking at her like that? Feeling Claire’s weak hand touch her cheek, Lily visibly flinched before forcing it away.

‘S-S-She’s just trying to hurt you, t-to choke you! End her before she ends you!’ Feeling her hands tighten around the older woman’s throat, Lily grit her teeth before letting go entirely. ‘Do it!’ As Claire’s eyes closed again, Lily began to panic before visibly calming as she saw her breathing normally.

“T-T-Tired… s-she’s just… tired…” Moving Claire away from her, the raven haired girl soon rose as she looked down at the mess she made. There was blood everywhere… Shivering, she staggered towards her bathroom before closing the door behind her…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire’s eyes slowly began to flutter open as she felt a stabbing pain all over her body. Gritting her teeth, she tried to move but soon found any time she did the pain would only stick her deeper into her limbs. Deciding it was best not to, the brunette opted to just glance around instead.

‘Where am I?’ She was on something soft… but all she could see above her was some type of black cloth. Grunting, the limp girl soon began to rise not of her own accord as her back arched on its own. Gasping in pain, she looked in front of her in fear as she saw Lily sitting across from her on a chair.

Taking a quick look around it soon became clear she was on her bed. Biting her lip, she clenched her hands as the pain slowly started to cease. Staring up at her, Lilly said nothing as she watched Claire’s struggling form with mixed feelings.

As seconds ticked by, it soon turned to minutes but neither girl said anything to one another, both just as eerily quiet as the other. Watching her, Claire soon began to shiver. What did she want? Folding her hands across her mouth, Lily rested her elbows on her knees as she continued to watch her in silence till one finally broke the chain.

“L-L-Lily… I-I’m sorry…” Raising her brow, the raven-haired child said nothing as she listened to the battered girl’s words. “I… I shouldn’t have called you a monster… and I’m sorry…” Watching her face closely, Lily soon scowled. She wasn’t lying… and it didn’t look like she was trying to kiss up to her either. Why did she apologize then?

Glancing back at her, Claire frowned noticing her expression hadn’t changed. This was really beginning to make her nervous. Why was she still silent? Twitching, Lily soon balled up her hands before breaking them apart angrily.

“Why…” Blinking, Claire looked back at her confused. “W-W-Why… what?” Glaring now, Lily grit her teeth as she rose up from her chair. “Why… did I save you…?” Staring back at Lily with widened eyes, the brunettes words all but left her. Not because of shock or because of fear… but simply because, she didn’t have an honest answer to that question.

Shaking her head, Lily stumbled forward as she tried to remain calm but it seemed her anger was beginning to come back out. “I-I-I’ve run every scenario in my mind… and, still… I can’t figure it out.” Smiling darkly, her eyes began to glow the same eerie shade of black as the brunette remembered as she stared down at her callously.

“Maybe… maybe I just wanted the pleasure of killing you again… it happened too quickly last time…” She chuckled darkly as she began to stumble forward slowly. Paling, Claire tried to move, but the pain came back full force causing her to whimper in anguish.

“Y-Y-Yes… t-that has to be it… s-saving a bug… it makes no sense…” Shaking her head, Lily soon stood over her bed before crawling onto the edge of it. “I-I-I’ll j-just shrink you again… a-and recreate the event that’s confusing me… C-C-Closure… yes! That has to be it.” She laughed feverish, causing the prone girl to panic.

This was escalating downhill fast! Biting her tongue, Claire’s hand rose shakily as she tried to halt her. “W-W-Wait! L-L-Lily, p-please t-think-“, “THAT’S ALL IVE BEEN DOING!” She barked angrily as her hand rose up, Claire’s body soon rising as well painfully.

“All… all you’ve made me do since coming here is made me think… think about things that confuse me… I… I can’t be confused, my mind can’t be… but you keep doing it to me!” Crawling backward, Claire soon stiffened as her back was pressed against the headboard of the bed.

“T-T-The twins are to blame… t-t-they changed you didn’t they?! Made you an enigma! Something that makes no sense!” She screamed as both her hands clenched at the air at her sides. Looking up at her now, Claire almost wanted to retract her apology. The way she looked now… her eyes glowing black, her hair beginning to wave around, her hands clawing towards her… A monster was the only thing she could think of to describe what she was witnessing.

Chuckling darkly, Lily inched closer and closer before she was right in front of Claire now. “S-S-So… the only r-real question is… how small, should I make you again?! F-Five inches? T-T-Two?! M-Maybe just a spec!” She laughed happily before both her hands clutched onto the trembling girls head.

“Tell me what you want!” She finally shrieked causing Claire’s mouth to go dry, fear telling her desperately to shove the homicidal girl away from her. As her eyes danced in every direction besides the enraged girl's face, Claire soon looked at something that brought her back to an earlier thought.

“…”

Hissing, Lily pulled Claire’s head up before slamming it back painfully. “SAY IT AGAIN!” Crying, Claire sniffled as she looked Lily in her blackened eyes. “P-P-Play… you’re piano again…” Letting go of her head, Lily recoiled in confusion before looking behind her.

“W-W-What…? W-Why?!” She stammered out in confusion. Licking her lips, Claire tried to word this very, very carefully. “I-I-If… if you’re going to j-just kill me again… W-Would you p-please give me the honor of hearing you play… j-j-just one more time…?”

Freezing up, the cogs in the younger girls mind began to turn as she tried to decipher the strange request… but she couldn’t. That wasn’t something a bug asked for before she killed them. They always begged her not to or something else just as pitiful… what was the meaning of this?

As her eyes slowly began to change back, Lily scowled at her angrily. “Why should I do anything you say?” She whispered venomously. Noticing the change, Claire nodded her head before speaking again. “P-P-Please? I, I want to hear something beautiful… just one more time. Your music… it was magnificent. Please play for me again Lily…”

Staring back at one another, Lily soon began to twitch before pulling back a bit. ‘Weird… s-so weird… b-but, I can kill her after… y-yes…’ Nodding her head slowly, Lily soon crawled off her bed, missing the loud sigh of relief that followed the pain stricken girl.

Feeling the voice in her head quiet down somewhat, Lily sighed herself. She had been fighting her for hours… it was tearing her apart. Moving in front of the old, brown grand piano, Lily scowled before sitting down.

Flipping the key covering aside, she took a deep breath before closing her eyes. Moving her hands to the keys she soon began to play the Moonlight sonata from earlier till Claire called out stopping her. “N-N-No! Not that!” Opening her eyes, Lily looked back confused.

“W-W-What? Why?” Fumbling with an excuse, the brunette just opted to shake her head. “Not something your parents made you play… Play, something… anything you want. But play it because you want to… please?”

Furrowing her brow, Lily’s mind began going over all the songs she knew before she shook her head. Her parents had made her learn all forms of classical music, what else did she expect her to play? Hearing the piano ring, Lily looked down in shock as her hands touched the keys.

‘W-W-What…?’ Moving her hands over the keys slowly, her brow furrowed as a light tune started to play. ‘What the hell is this? I don’t know this song?’ It wasn’t even a song, it was just random keystrokes… No… it wasn’t…

Closing her eyes, Lily stopped playing as she felt her hands trying to touch the keys once more. ‘What are you…?’ She had heard this song before, but for the life of her, she couldn’t remember where. Forcing her hands down, Lily glared at the piano unsure of what was happening.

“DON’T STOP, KEEP PLAYING!” Looking back at Claire, Lily scowled at her before looking down at her hands. ‘Bum… bum, bum…’ Biting her lip, Lily moved her hands back confused before it happened again… they started playing.

Closing her eyes, she stroked the keys slowly, a bit rusty really… but something was starting to come back. ‘Bum bum, bum bum… bum, bum bum, bum bum…’ Repetitive, familiar… not classical… what was it?

Watching Lily carefully, Claire nodded. She was right after all. There was something she witnessed when she played earlier. A gut feeling… but it looked like it was true. Lily was hiding something, but, from herself.

As the tune began to pick up, Lily’s head slowly started to sway as she got into the song more. She knew it, but it felt foreign to. What on earth was it? Feeling her fingers come to a stop on the final Key, she froze. Opening her eyes, Lily shivered before they widened in horror.

Falling off her chair, Lily Looking up at the piano in horror, almost like it had attacked her. “W-W-What?! B-B-But I never played that before!” She remembered where she heard it from… it was when she was a baby. How on earth did she remember it like that?!

Watching Lily on the ground panting, Claire grew worried. That hadn’t been the reaction she had been expecting at all. Moving her feet off the bed, she grimaced as she felt the pain shoot through her. ‘D-D-Damn this hurts!’ Her whole body was on fire!

Biting it back, she staggered forward as she made her way towards the fallen girl who was beginning to hyperventilate. “L-Lily, are you ok?” Receiving no reply as she moved closer, Claire soon stood over her as she watched the younger girl beginning to sweat as she still looked on at the musical instrument in revelation.

Reaching forward to rap the girl's shoulder, Lily was soon broken out of her trance as she stared up at the older girl in bewilderment. “I-I-I never… learned that song… W-Why do I remember it…? I-I don’t understand…” She stammered, quietly before stiffening as she felt the appendage on her shoulder.

Instantly Claire’s hand shot back of its own doing before Lily Glared at her angrily. “N-N-Never… t-touch me…” Nodding quickly, Claire said nothing as she watched Lily display many emotions all at once, her face twisting back and forth as she tried to discern what they all meant.

It was like she had seen a ghost or something… but though the song she played. She couldn’t even begin to describe it. “L-Lily… W-Where did you hear that song?” Shaking her head, Lily said nothing as she looked down at her hands.

“Wrong… I-it’s wrong…” Frowning, the brunette was about to ask what she meant until her body suddenly stiffened and became upright. Gulping, she shivered in fear as she saw Lily beginning to rise as well. “Wrong… wrong, wrong…” Taking a step forward, Claire looked down in surprise as she soon sat on the Piano bench herself.

“I… never played it… so why…” Looking back at Lily, the older girl was about to ask what she was doing before gawking in sheer shock as Lily sat up on the bench before climbing onto her lap. “H-Here, h-h-hands here…”

As her arms were stretched forward, Claire didn’t even know what she wanted to ask anymore. Looking down at Lily, she shivered in silence. This was the closest the child had ever been to her… but it seemed like she wasn’t even aware anymore.

“P-P-Play…” Feeling her fingers beginning to move, Claire watching both in surprise and fascination as she began playing the same keys as Lily had before. She hadn’t seen the notes she had used but her fingers were being controlled none the less to play just what she wanted her to.

It was actually a little impressive. She never had a lick of musical talent in her blood. Glancing away from her hands, Claire changed her vision to Lily as she watched the girl slowly starting to sway to the music. Sitting with one another for about 5 minutes, her fingers soon came to an end with the music before her arms were freed from their self-use.

As her body was her own again, Claire looked down at Lily… but she was quiet. Seeing her movements cease, she soon began to worry. She could never tell what the child was thinking… and when she turned quiet it usually ended badly.

Moving her hand to the girl's shoulder, the brunette paused before pulling it back. ‘Don’t touch her… yea…’ Sighing, she lowered her head before looking over at Lily’s face but her bangs were covering it entirely as she hung her head.

“Lullaby…” Blinking, Claire tried to hear the faint mumble from the raven haired girl but as quick as it was said it was gone. “L-Lullaby?” Nodding quietly, Lily’s head soon rose as she looked at her piano. “The song… It’s called lullaby. Agnes used to play it for me when I was sad…”

Frowning, Claire moved her hands over the keys as she gently tapped them, with fail, as she tried to hit the beginning notes of the song. “I-I-Is Agnes y-your mother?” stiffening, Claire lowered her gaze in shock as she felt something dripping onto her arm.

‘A-A-Are… T-Those can’t be…’ Gulping, Claire moved her hands very slowly to Lily’s face before cupping her cheeks. With widened eyes, she turned quickly before brushing the younger girl’s hair aside to see a pair of tearful gray eyes.

“L-L-Lily, what’s wrong!” Sniffling slowly, the younger girl looked downward as she moved her hands over towards her keys. “S-She… She was my Matron…” Freezing, Claire’s mind tried to comprehend what the child had just said… but she was drawing blanks.

“M-M-Matron…?” Trembling, Lily moved her hands onto her lap as she tried to think clearly. For some reason… the voices weren’t talking back. “M-My name…” Pausing, the younger girl looked up to see Claire’s concerned face before continuing quietly.

“Is Lily… J-Just, Lily…” Feeling her breath hitch in her throat at her statement, Claire’s eyes widened as she soon realized the weight behind what she had just admitted to her. “Y-Y-You’re… You’re an orphan?” Clenching her fists, Lily looked away quickly as she jerked her face away from Claire’s hands.

“D-D-Don’t… Don’t do it…” Frowning, Claire’s hands moved up to Lily’s face again before they were suddenly forced to her sides against her will. “DON’T, T-TOUCH ME!” She screamed as fresh tears began to fall from her eyes.

Shivering, the brunette nodded timidly as she saw the shivering girl on her lap. She wanted nothing more to just embrace her… but she didn’t want it. “Lily… Please talk to me… Let me in. I want to understand why you’re so hurt…”

Scoffing, the raven haired girl wiped away her tear stained cheeks before glaring up at her. “U-Understand! You can’t! You couldn’t possibly understand! No one can!” She shrieked angrily, but it soon bled away as she saw the remorseful eyes she was being given in return.

“T-Then make me understand…” Looking back at the older girl quietly, Lily shook her head slowly before raising her hands. “W-W-Why…” Giving her a small smile in return, Claire tried to move her hands up, but regrettably, they were still locked against her as she tried to hug Lily gently.

“Because, I care…” Stiffening in fear as she saw the younger girls eyes beginning to glow, it soon left her as she saw a confusion pass over her features. Moving her hands slowly towards Claire’s head, the brunette squirmed as her temples were gripped.

“L-L-Lily, w-what are you-“, “Shhh…” Gulping, Claire nodded as she let the girl do what she wanted. As they stared into one another’s eyes for minutes, soon Lily’s hands pulled back as she looked at Claire in disbelief.

“Y-Y-You… You’re, you’re like… me?” Staring back into the shuddering child’s eyes, Claire’s face went blank. “I-I-I’m like, you?” Nodding slowly, Lily’s hands moved over Claire’s before pulling them up over her head. “W-W-Why… Why are you…” trailing off, Lily’s lips continued to move but no further words were uttered.

Taking the hint, the captive girl copied what had previously been done to her as she touched Lily’s forehead with her own thumbs. Closing her eyes, Claire soon found herself beginning to feel dizzy before losing her consciousness entirely…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Opening her eyes, Claire’s brow furrowed as she saw herself standing outside some type of a building. It was night and raining as well, yet, she couldn’t feel the water falling onto her skin. Sticking her hand out, she moved her fingers over her wet palms, but it was like they were completely dry.

‘This is my mind, not yours… The rain isn’t real.’ Jumping, Claire all but screamed as she felt something grip her hand. Looking down in shock, her eyes were met with a pair of ashen ones as Lily stood next to her in the downpour.

Looking down at their hands, the older girl’s brow rose at the close contact Lily was surprisingly displaying with her, but she seemed to either disregard her glancing inquiry or just outright ignore it. As the rain began to fall harder, thunder cracked overhead as Lily looked down the street outside of the building they currently stood by.

‘Lily what’s-‘ Pausing, Claire’s lips moved but nothing came out. ‘In my mind, all you need to do is think, and we will understand each other.’ Shivering, the brunette nodded before continuing with her question. ‘What are we doing here?’

Pointing back to the road, Claire watched quietly as a car soon began to speed up towards them. As it came to a loud screeching halt, her eyes observed it closely. It looked like a beaten down BMW with broken tail lights and a cracked windshield. Surprisingly though she had seen worse.

As the passenger side’s door opened, a person wearing a heavy cloak stepped out before running up to them. Attempting to step aside, Claire’s wrist was tugged as Lily gave her a firm look telling her to stay. Moving across from them, the woman stopped at the doorstep before pulling her cloak aside to reveal…

Feeling her breath hitch, her eyes traveled to Lily but the child said nothing as she looked on as well. ‘I-Is that who I think it is…’ Nodding slowly, Claire shivered as she watched the scene unfold. Kneeling down at the doorstep, the person she now realized was a woman set down what she had been holding before banging on the door.

Looking back at the car, the driver’s side window rolled down before someone else waved her back in. Nodding the woman looked down once last time before running quickly back to the car and out of the rain. As they drove off, the door soon opened as a woman in her late sixties stepped outside groggily. Glancing down in panic, she quickly scooped up what had been left there before looking her over.

Resting in her arms… was a baby. Feeling her hand clenched tightly, Claire sulked sadly. ‘So you were just left on a doorstep…’ Scowling, Lily looked away sadly as she watched the woman go inside with her younger self.

As the scene came to an end, Claire watched in surprise as all the rain began to stop before freezing in midair like a film on TV being paused in front of her. ‘I can only project what my minds visualized at the time… when Agnes took me inside, this is where my memory’s left off… But thanks to the twins… they gave me something I never wanted…’

Looking down at Lily confused, she was soon startled as the rain drops began falling upwards instead of down. Slowly time seemed to reset itself in front of her very eyes before everything was back to the way it was just moments before.

However this time… she could hear things, a little differently. As the rain clattered around her, she looked back at Lily as the child’s eyes lingered on the ground. Hearing the car from before screech up into a halt, the brunette looked over at the woman as she stumbled out of her car again.

“I’m going! Just, just give me a second alright!” ‘You could hear them? But, you were only a baby…’ Staring up at Claire in sadness, she nodded before looking back at her birth mother. ‘The mind is a powerful thing… any memory we’ve made is always there… You just need to know how to access it, and I spent months trying to piece this one together… But, I really wish I hadn’t.’

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was about to ask why until she heard the woman knocking on the door. Kneeling down over her baby, she smiled sadly before cuddling her for a moment. “Come on, don’t get attached to the damn thing. We’re trying to leave it here remember?”

Growling, the woman turned back to the driver angrily as she set Lily back down. “You don’t need to tell lecture me asshole! I was just saying goodbye. You try shoving her out of yourself for five hours and don’t feel a little remorse!”

As the man’s window was lowered, he waved her back angrily. “Well, I offered to abort the damn thing, but you didn’t want to spend that much money! It’s not my fault we can’t afford to take care of it, now let’s go!” As the horn was honked repeatedly, the woman screamed varies curses before running back over and entering the vehicle.

As they drove off, Claire could only tremble as she replayed what they had just said… over, and over… and over… ‘N-N-No… T-There... t-t-there has to b-be a mistake…’ That was impossible. She refused to believe what she had just heard.

Looking up at her solemnly, Lily shook her head. ‘I refused to believe it to… at first. But, my mind isn’t hiding anything from me, not anymore. The reason I’m alive today… is because my real parents were too poor, to not even have me…’ Lily whispered in a shrill voice as the memory began to fall away.

Cupping her mouth, Claire coughed into her hand as she felt sick to her stomach. ‘I spent… months, trying to remember them… and this is all that awaited me…’ Looking down at Lily tearfully, Claire bit her lip as she tried to speak, but it seemed she was beyond emotional at this point.

Falling to her knees, she gripped Lily tightly before crying into her shoulder. ‘I-I-I’m… I’m s-so sorry…’ Blinking, Lily looked up at Claire wordlessly but said nothing as the memory faded away to be replaced with a new one.

‘You can let go of me anytime… I can’t feel you in here…’ Looking back at Lily in shock, her hand moved up to the younger girl’s cheek but her look remained indifferent. ‘I don’t want to be touched… or even feel someone’s touch… it makes my skin crawl. So please, let go of me.’ Frowning, the older girl nodded, respecting her wishes, as hard as that was. She could never fathom what pain she must have felt upon first discovering that. Her heart would have broken long ago… Kind of like Lily’s now…

Looking down at the emotionless girl, Claire shook her head. As the new room was slowly fitted together like that of a puzzle, Lily sighed as she watched her younger self, stumbling forwards awkwardly. Looking at the raven haired toddler, Claire expression soon began to change into a small smile as she saw her laughing as she walked on two feet before stumbling over and falling down again.

‘Y-You’re adorable…’ Glaring, Lily decided not to comment on her… younger years, as the scene began underway. Standing on her feet again, the toddler giggled before a few older kids entered the room. Looking up at them confused, the oldest amongst them smiled and walked over towards her… before shoving her down.

Whimpering, Lily soon began to cry loudly before the other kids ran off laughing. Scowling, Claire looked back at Lily but her face remained the same. ‘This memory doesn’t have much to do with my life overall… but that was the beginning of what turned into this…’

As the memory moved forwards quickly, Claire watched blurs moving left and right robotically till time seemed to slow down now, the Lily from before gone only to be replaced with a slightly older one. Sitting in a living room with her shortened hair worn in pigtails, Lily smiled happily as she held a small doll in her hands.

If the brunette had to guess she looked about two or three years old. Once again, however, the memory turned dark as three older boys entered the room. Whimpering, Lily rose to her feet before backing up but that didn’t seem to do much as the kids advanced on her.

“Hey, no name, what are you doing?” One of them laughed happily before moving to her side. “Playing by herself because she has no friends?” Another giggled before the older of the two stepped in front. “She’s not alone, she has a dolly.”

Reaching forwards, Lily let out a shrill scream as the toy in her hands was yanked away from her before the oldest of the three boys lifted it over her head. “Now she’s alone!” Laughing, all of them began tossing it around to one another as the crying toddler tried desperately to get her toy back.

“Come on say your name and we’ll give it back to you!”, “She can’t say her name because she doesn’t have one!”, “No name, no name!” They all began to chant before Lily finally broke down. Falling to her knee’s she began wailing loudly causing the other boys to panic.

“Lily is that you, what’s wrong?” Dropping the toy, all three boys ran out of the room just as an elderly woman walked in. Looking down at the younger girl bawling loudly, she frowned before making her way over to her.

‘This… is Agnus…’ Nodding, Claire watched as the elderly matron lifted Lily up warmly as she hugged the girl. “Now, now, calm down and tell me what’s wrong.” Sniffling, Lily pointed to her doll before pointing in the directions the boys left.

Frowning, she nodded already understanding what had happened even if she wasn’t there. “Some of the older kids picked on you again, didn’t they?” Crying louder, the woman sighed before shushing Lily. “Now it’s alright, tell me what did they do today?”

Whimpering, Lilly wiped her eyes dry before looking up at the woman dismayed. “T-T-They call me no name again…” Scowling, the woman sighed having heard that little *nickname* as it was multiple times since Lily’s first arrival.

“We’ve talked about this young lady. You do have a name. Just because it wasn’t the one your mother gave you, doesn’t mean it holds any less value.” Walking over to the large bay window overlooking the room, the woman smiled warmly as she headed over to a plant on the windowsill.

“Do you see that there?” Wiping her runny nose, the toddler stopped whimpering as she saw a bright white flower drinking in the sun from the window. “That is a Lily. Their pure and radiant, just like you.” Nuzzling the girl’s cheek, the toddler soon giggled before hugging the older woman.

“Now don’t let anyone ever tell you that you don’t have a name. From the day you came into my care, I knew from first sight what I’d call you. Now, what’s your name?” Giggling, the toddler rose up as she tried to say the foreign word. “L-L-Lily?”

Nodding, Agnes set the raven haired girl down before moving over to her doll. “Now I believe this belongs to you?” Squealing happily, Lily nodded before hugging the elderly woman again. Sighing, she shook her head before patting her gently.

“Why don’t you come with me for today? I have some shopping to do, and you can be my little helper, how does that sound?” Nodding quickly, both began to leave the room before the scene came to an end.

Sighing, Lily shook her head in annoyance. That was a stupid name for them to call her and she couldn’t fathom why the younger her was such a crybaby because of it. It made her sick to see herself so weak. Looking back at Claire, she paused in surprise as she saw a warm smile over her features.

‘You must have had a special connection with her huh?’ Looking away, Lily soon nodded before the room began to shift. ‘She was the only one in this godforsaken place that cared about me. I had no friends… no family… but she was always there for me… until they came.’

Looking down at Lily concerned the room soon began to shift as she saw some type of dining room with Agnes and two others sitting there. ‘I wasn’t paying attention at the time… I was in another room, but this is what I made out.’

Nodding, Claire listened as the people soon began to speak. “I beg your pardon but you want to do what!’ Agnes stammered in rage as the two people in front of her stared at her bored. “We were lead to believe that Ethen was a very talent boy when we first adopted him, but it turns out he really isn’t… so we’re going to try again. We’ve already filed the proper paperwork and protocols so he’ll be staying here from now on.’ A woman with long platinum blonde hair muttered carelessly as she read through varies documents.

Looking at the upscale couple, the elderly woman just shook her head in disbelief. “H-He’s not a product! You’re talking about returning a child, your child to the orphanage!” Sighing, the man, stood up before the woman soon followed.

“We are well aware but as my wife has just said, he was falsely advertised. He simply is not fit to be a Delacroix.” Blinking, Claire’s eyes widened abruptly at the last sentence before she looked down at Lily. ‘A-A-Are they your-‘Raising her hand, Lily silenced her before something soon rang out causing everyone to look around.

“Is that, a piano?” The blonde muttered quietly before Agnes rose. “D-Don’t change the subject, this conversation is not over!” Ignoring her, both adults stood up before following the music. As they came into a large dining room, they watched curiously as they heard a gentle tune before their eyes widened upon seeing who was playing it.

Smiling happily, Lily sat at a large white piano as her fingers gently pecked the keys like she had seen Agnes do a hundred times. However, it seemed she had a captive audience, both from Claire in surprise and the two adults currently watching her.

“Who is this child? I don’t remember you ever telling us about her. How old is she?” The man turned back quickly before the elderly woman glared at him. “She is not up for adoption, not to the likes of you two!”

Looking to one another, both adults smirked as they looked down on the matron darkly. “And what right do you have to refuse us? We are two, stable, wealthy individuals currently looking to fill a hole in our lives with a child, a daughter to be specific. Just because our last one didn’t work out, that’s no reason you can refuse us… at least, that’s how the court will see it if we file against you by cause of partiality.”

Gritting her teeth, the woman’s anger began to rise before all of them noticed the music coming to a stop. “Something wrong Aggy?” Looking down in surprise, Agnes shook her head as she tried to push Lily behind her but she was quickly beaten to it.

“No, no, cutie, of course not. What’s your name?” The woman spoke up in a bubbly voice before kneeling next to her. Looking up at the newcomers curiously, she smiled back. “Lily.” Smirking, they looked to one another before glancing to Agnes.

“Well Lily, we have good news for you. We were here looking to adopt, and I think we might have just found the little girl we’ve been searching for all along.” Blinking a few times, Lily looked up at Agnes in confusion. “Me?”

Attempting to speak up again, the elderly woman was once again beaten by the man this time. “Yes, of course, you. Tell me, sweetie, how old are you?” Counting her fingers slowly, Lily soon lifted up three before they both smiled.

“Well isn’t that adorable! Yes, I think you are most certainly the one we want. Tell me… err, L-Lily! Do you want a mommy and daddy today?” As her eyes widened, the raven-haired girl looked up speechlessly before looking to Agnes almost pleadingly.

Feeling her throat clench up, the elderly woman looked down at the star-stricken eyes of the younger girl before glowering as she saw the dark look the parents were giving her. There were two ways this was going to pan out… perhaps the one that hurt her least was the best course in the end… for Lily’s sake…

As the scene came to an end, Claire looked down at Lily dismayed at the stopping point of her memory, but one look told her all she needed to know. ‘S-S-So… you were adopted after all…’ Nodding slowly, the raven haired girl closed her eyes as she hid her emotions from the elder girl.

‘I hold nothing against Agnes. She, she always looked out for me…. So she must have thought at the time, this was the right thing for me. Even, if it meant leaving her care…’ Nodding sadly, Claire kneeled down again before patting Lily’s shoulder.

‘P-Please… go on, I want you to show me more.’ Looking back at her sadly, Lily lowered her gaze as the room faded away. As a house came into view, Claire looked around speechlessly as she saw the beautiful building.

‘This was my new home. At the time, I thought it was paradise, It was beautiful. Of course, I also thought a lot of other things too… like I had loving parents… or that my life was getting better and that things would be perfect from then on… and maybe, maybe I had found the place I belonged… Foolish dreams, of a stupid kid.’ Lily whispered bitterly before the memory left off with them in her room.

Looking around, Claire nodded having noticed not much had changed. Maybe a few picture frames but nothing very noticeable. Hearing a light pinging noise, the brunette soon turned towards the familiar grand piano as a younger Lily pecked at the keys, her look rather hollow compared to the other ones she had shown from her memories.

‘It was about a month into my stay, that I realized my life hadn’t gotten any better.’ Lily whispered darkly as she saw her defeated younger self. As she tapped on the keys, she pouted as she listened to the tune that once made her happy, but now was her worse nightmare.

‘Father and Mother are strict. They forced me to play 6 hours in the morning when I woke up, followed by another 3 before bed. They wanted me to cling to this talent they thought I possessed, so they made sure to have me trained… every, single, day.’

Feeling her hand clenched tightly, Claire frowned. That sounded rather brutal from someone her age. If she spent nine hours a day on an instrument, what time did she have to herself? ‘None…’ Looking down at Lily, the child met her with a cold gaze.

‘Every day… I’d wake up, and I knew my life from start to finish. My every day planned… my every move watched… my every meal premade. Nothing was spontaneous… nothing was special. The only relief I felt, was shutting my eyes at the end of the night… but even then, my dreams kept me awake sometimes… haunting me…’

Hearing the pain in her voice, Claire leaned down again with her arms open, but it seemed Lily was true to her words as she inched away. ‘Comfort isn’t something I’m accustomed to… and because of him, I can’t even touch someone without hating…’ She whispered venomously before turning away.

‘H-He…?’ Freezing, Lily looked back at Claire before gritting her teeth. ‘NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!’ Lowering her head, Claire’s expression softened as she heard the defensiveness in her voice. ‘Lily… I’m here for you… b-but you need to show me everything. You say I can’t understand, but that’s because you’re hiding your true feelings from me. I can tell you had a painful childhood… but that doesn’t just constitute how you are now. What… what changed…?’

Seething in silence, Lily tugged her hand out of Claire’s before staring up at her darkly. ‘Do you honestly expect me to show you my whole life, everything that’s pained me? How about every cut or boo-boo to! Don’t make me laugh… Why should I trust you with anything? Hell, why am I even showing you any of this now! It-It makes no sense…’ She whispered in anger as her eyes began to glow darkly.

Cupping her head, Lily soon grit her teeth in pain before shaking her head. ‘N-N-No… s-stay down…’ Falling to her knees, Claire quickly gripped Lily as she saw the girl beginning to digress. She knew the signs now. ‘Lily control yourself! I-It’s your emotions don’t let them control you again!’

Shaking, Lily’s body soon slowed down before she took a deep breath. ‘D-Don’t, touch… me…’ Pulling back quickly, Claire frowned as she saw the vulnerability in the younger girl. ‘Why… why do you hate me when I try to comfort you?’

Glaring down at her loathsomely, Lily turned away before the blank area they kneeled in began to shift slowly. ‘I… will only give you one warning… if you ever… ever, speak of this… or even think of it… I will personally kill you, in such a graphic way, that everything you know, and have known unto this point… will be a lie. And the pain is the only thing you can cling to, to remain sane. Do, I, make, myself, clear…’

Gulping, the brunette gave her a firm look before nodding. Whatever she was about to witness, it was something Lily must have taken great caution to hide from everyone… m-maybe even the twins? Looking down at Lily with determination, the Claire soon nodded once more. ‘Show me.’ Clenching her fists, Lily turned away as the memory slowly changed. Sitting on her bed with a small stack of papers, a younger Lily, probably about four or possibly five, sat with varies music sheets as she studied them.

Nothing seemed to off just yet. However, as a knock was heard, the younger girl stiffened before looking up. Upon opening however her eyes lit up at the person she saw. “Hey Miss Lily, how’s my favorite girl?” Giggling, Lily waved to a man dressed in a black dress suit as he came in with a small tray of drinks. “I heard you were studying all afternoon alone so I thought I’d come by and give you some company.” The man grinned before moving the tea over to her nightstand.

“Dan!” Smiling back, he hopped up on her bed next to her before looking over the sheets. “Huh, Mozart… isn’t that a little advanced for you?” Frowning, Lily nodded sadly before the man patted her on the back. “Well, it will be alright. You’re a very special girl. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it eventually.” Grinning, Lily nodded before a cup of tea was handed to her.

As Claire watched the strange interactions between butler and heiress, she shook her head. ‘I-I don’t understand what’s wrong? He seems like he’s trying to be friendly towards you. Isn’t that what… what…’ Pausing mid-sentence, the brunette watched quietly as she saw Lily’s entire form trembling.

‘Lily…?’ Shaking her head, she just pointed back before Claire nodded. Looking back at the scene as it sped up, she began watching closely as days passed by quickly. Each time around the same time of day it seemed, this Dan fellow would come by, bring her something to eat her drink, talk for a while, and then leave. Why did this make her so angry?

Noticing a pattern, the brunette’s eyes looked over to the clock before nodding. 3:00 every day on the dot. He was punctual too. After a while she soon noticed Lily waiting as well as their chats became a daily thing. But, it seemed like she was genuinely happy now compared to the previous times she had seen her.

As time began to slow down now, Claire looked up at the clock as it read 2:45. Furrowing her brow, she soon blinked in surprise as Lily’s door opened, but, with no knock first. Stepping inside the room, Dan smiled over at Lily as she looked up at him surprised.

“Hey little lady, I just thought I’d drop by since it’s my weekend after today. I won’t be seeing you until next week.” He shrugged, causing the younger girl to pout. “Aww, no need to be sad, that’s why I came here a little earlier, so we could spend some time together before I go.”

Grinning, Lily bounced up and down on her bed happily as he came over and joined her. “So what are you up to today? More music sheets or piano practice?” Nodding, Lily lifted up the book she was currently on as she showed him her work.

Watching carefully, the hairs on the back of her neck began to rise as the brunette began noticing some things rather off. ‘Why didn’t he bring in her usual snack?’ Even if it was his last day that didn’t mean he was allowed to slack on his duties.

Looking up at the clock as well, she furrowed her brow. As she continued to observe him, her eyes suddenly widened as she saw something she hadn’t expected to happen. Moving his hand over her back gently, it soon began to move lower, and lower…

“Dan, what are you doing?” Smiling, the man shrugged before petting her gently. “Just showing my favorite little girl how much I’m going to miss her.” He smiled sheepishly before his hand continued to move lower.

Fidgeting as they talked, Lily soon inched away from him, as she felt his hand resting on her lower back now. “T-That feels weird… can you not do that?” Scowling, the man, smiled again before his hand continued to inch forward.

“Aww, there’s nothing weird about it, come on, just relax.” Feeling herself being pulled closer to him, Lily soon began to squirm. “Dan, stop it, t-that hurts!” Lily cried as she felt a tight grip on her arm. Cupping her mouth, Claire watched in silent horror now as she felt things slowly beginning to click into place.

Crying out in shock, the brunette watched speechlessly as she saw the butler suddenly pull Lily into him before pinning her into himself. “DAN, STOP IT!” Covering her mouth, the man grit his teeth as his free hand began moving over her stomach and under her dress.

“Shhhh, be quiet Lily and just enjoy it. All we’re doing is hugging!” He grinned darkly as Hand moved upwards. Screaming at him, Lily soon began to thrash but she couldn’t even begin to fend off someone as big as he was with her small stature.

Shaking her head, Claire pulled her eyes away from the scene in horror as she looked over at Lily, whose back was still facing away. ‘W-W-What… w-what a-a-am I seeing?!’ Clenching her fists, Lily remained silent as the scene suddenly took an unexpected turn.

As the man’s hands continued to move under the screaming girl's clothes, the door to her room soon opened startling them both. “Elizabeth is everything all…” A woman in a maid’s uniform stopped abruptly before her eyes widened.

Looking at the maid in shock, having been caught red-handed, the man’s hands quickly let go before he got off the bed. However, he didn’t have much time to react as the maid took off. Cursing loudly, he immediately ran after her, leaving a trembling Lily on her bed as she spasmed horribly.

Curling into a ball as tears fell down her cheeks, the raven-haired child soon began to scream loudly as she wailed into her bedsheets… the memory ending there. Trembling almost as much as the child was, Claire shuddered as she slowly turned her attention to Lily, whose back was once again facing away from her.

‘Soon… soon after this got out, the maid went to my parents directly to tell them what she had seen… and do you know what happened?’ Shaking her head slowly, she was soon met with hostile eyes as Lily’s angry black ones glared at her.

‘SHE WAS FIRED!’ Stiffening, the brunette shook her head, not comprehending what she meant. ‘She interrupted my father’s precious board meeting and made him look bad! So you know what he did to the only person in this damn mansion who helped me?! He fired her on the spot and had our guards remove her from the house!’

Shivering, Claire shook her head. ‘B-B-But… but y-you… you were…’ Glaring up at her angrily, Lily shook her head. ‘Childish nonsense… is the term my mother used when they later found out. They confronted Dan about it… and guess, who, they believed…’

Feelings tears beginning to fall once again, Claire shook her head in disbelief. ‘YOU’RE THEIR DAUGHTER!’ Scoffing, Lily shook her head. I’m their heir… and I’m a child… With no proof but the word of a scared little girl, they had didn’t care. And Dan… continued to work in our home for many weeks after that…’ She bit his name out venomously as she shook with rage.

‘I… I trusted him… loved him. He was the only friend I ever had… and the only person I thought cared about me… and he defiled me!’ She shrieked causing the entire room around her to shake from the temper in her voice. Panting, Lily soon began to spasm as she tried to contain her rage.

‘Lily…’ Glaring up at her, the raven haired girl raised her hand before Claire’s body suddenly stiffened. ‘Every… Every time I trust someone… I’m betrayed. Even the people I’m reliant on trusting from birth… abandoned me… And you, still think, I’ll ever trust you? You’re mad…’

Grunting in discomfort, Claire leveled her gaze with a stern look of her own as she tried to fight off the mental bindings surrounding her. ‘W-W-What… about… them!’ Furrowing her brow, Lily’s eyes suddenly widened before she growled.

‘The twins… betrayed me the most… I trusted them to… and they let me down…’ As the room around them began to shift, Claire’s attention was forced forward as she saw Lily running down a long winding parking lot leading away from her home.

‘After a couple weeks, I couldn’t take it anymore… I couldn’t bear the thought, of being in the same building as that… Monster…’ Lily grunted out in pain as she cupped her head. Watching the memory flicker every so often, Claire soon frowned.

She was losing control again, and it was only a matter of time before her homicidal side returned. As the crying child reached the end of her driveway, she looked up at the gate blocking her escape before jumping on the fence and climbing it.

‘I ran away…’ Jumping down, Lily soon cried out in pain from the fall before crawling to her feet. Stumbling forward, she soon froze as a pair of lights shined brightly onto her. Covering her eyes, the younger girl tried to see what it was blinding her but it was far too bright.

“Lily Delacroix? Or perhaps we should call you Elizabeth? Whatever you’re more comfortable with I suppose. Would you care to take a little drive with us?” As two figures stepped into the light, Lily looked on at them completely confused.

Standing in the headlights… in the middle of the night, were two little girls. Looking at the memories closely, Claire nodded as she saw the twins in two matching red dresses. Their hair was the same as it was now, so that confirmed her theory that Lily was the last person they had confronted. This had to be recent, maybe within a years’ time.

Stepping back slowly, Lily shivered as she saw the twin girls smiling down at her with a look of pure authority surrounding them. “There’s no need to be scared of us Lily. We know your problems, and we’re here to help you.”

Shaking her head slowly, Lily quickly turned to leave before her body was frozen in place. “W-W-What?! W-What are you doing, stop it, let me go!” She screamed before the twins stepped up towards her. “Please, just hear us out. 5 minutes is all we want, and we’ll let you go. We want to help you, Lily… so please trust us…”

Trembling, the younger girl tried to struggle but for some unknown reason she couldn’t. Whimpering quietly, she nodded in dismay as both blondes took her hands. “Why don’t you come inside where it’s a bit warmer, you might catch a cold in this weather?” Sophia chuckled already knowing that to be a myth, but it seemed to work as Lily began walking with them.

As they entered the car together, Lily looked around in fear but it didn’t seem like the two girls her age wanted to harm her… yet. Scowling, Alexis cleared her throat, before the person in the front of the vehicle opened her door and stepped outside.

Now completely alone, both siblings looked down at Lily as they studied her closely, the girl in the middle quickly beginning to tremble from their joint gaze. “You have been hurt… hurt more times than most. But you have built something from those past traumas. Will, tenacity, determination. These keys you have borne will be the foundation of your greatest strengths and put you on a pedestal above the rest. You just need a spark to ignite this hidden strength.”

Grinning, both sisters took Lily’s hands in theirs as they pet her gently. “We will be that spark. We will be the ones to give you what you need. Anything you wish, we can make a reality for you with time. All we ask in return for our aid is yours in the future when the time comes. Lily, we want you to be our friend and our horsemen for what’s to come.”

Staring back at the two sisters confused, the younger girl shook her head not understanding. “W-W-What do you want me to do?” Smiling, Alexis moved her hand over Lily’s head before closing her eyes. “To accept my gift, and be the best you can possibly be with it…”

As the memory faded, Claire was silent as she saw Lily panting quietly, her twitching having stopped… for now. ‘They… They said I would be their champion. Of all the people they had reached out to, I was the best so far… And I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.’ She whispered angrily before looked up at Claire in rage.

‘They promised me things... many, many things… wishes I dreamed of… but, that’s all they were… wishes.’ She hissed before the room began to fade out completely, Claire’s consciousness leaving her as they returned…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Groaning, Claire soon gripped her head in pain as she felt a horrendous stabbing feeling in her mind. ‘D-Damn it that hurts…’ She remembered the twins saying it would whenever she did something like that but this one was far worse than any of the other times.

Opening her eyes, the brunette looked around as she saw her surroundings. She was still on the music bench like before, but Lily was no longer sitting on her. Staring up at the large grandfather clock next to her, Claire’s eyes soon widened in disbelief.

‘S-S-Seven?!’ She was in Lily’s mind for almost an hour. No wonder she felt like she had a hangover… not, that, she knew personally what that felt like… Rubbing her cheek sheepishly, she chose not to dwell on why she knew that comparison before her attention shifted elsewhere as she looked for Lily.

She didn’t have to look search long however as she saw the child in question standing beside her window, looking out of it at the fallen sun, dusk, already underway as the moon began to shine into the dimly lit room.

Moving to her feet, Claire soon cracked her bones before sighing. She actually felt pretty good, headache aside. “Your body was self-healing itself when we spoke… you should be fine… for now.” Shivering, the brunette nodded before slowly making her way over to the quiet girl.

“The door… is behind you.” Blinking, Claire turned around before the door to the room swung open. Looking back confused, she soon turned attention back to Lily who still kept her face hidden. “L-L-Lily? W-What are you saying…?”

Clenching her fists, the younger girl turned partially as she leveled an angry look towards her. “Leave.” Shaking her head, Claire turned back completely before walking over towards her. “Y-You… You’re letting me… go?”

Nodding, Lily crossed her arms behind her as she faced the window again. “Tell the twins whatever you want… just mark my words. If you ever tell any of the others what I have showed you tonight…” Letting the statement hang, Claire nodded quietly but remained still.

Twitching, Lily turned around angrily as she stared at the frozen girl. “I, said, leave!” Frowning, the brunette shook her head quietly, before Lily’s hand rose. “March…” Grunting in discomfort, Claire soon found herself trying to walk out, but it was weaker now, much weaker. Holding her ground, she grit her teeth as she fought off Lily’s control.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IF YOU DON’T LEAVE NOW, I, I’LL… I’ll kill you…” Her tone, it didn’t sound as much of a threat as it used to be. More like a saddened realization. As her eyes widened, Claire finally understood what she was doing.

“T-T-The other you… you're holding her back, aren’t you?” Gripping her head, Lily released her weakened control over Claire before falling to her knees. ‘L-Let, me, stop her!’ Shaking her head, Lily dug her nails into her hair as she tried to keep it at bay.

“S-S-She… I-Is a bug… b-but she won’t… hurt, us…” Feeling something soft, placed on her shoulders, Lily’s eyes shot open in shock as she heard the voice immediately silenced. “Of course I won’t… I could never hurt you…” Claire whispered quietly as she gently held Lily’s shoulders.

“L-L-Let… let go… Let go, let go… LET GO!” She shrieked, as she fell backward in fear. Immediately doing just that, Claire grimaced as she saw the pain flash across her face. “Lily, I’m not him! I won’t hurt you. I won’t, please…” Clutching her head again as the voice came back loudly, Lily screamed in pain as she shook on the floor.

“SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!” Moving over to her quickly, Claire pulled Lily’s head onto her lap as she shook. “Lily calm down!” Gasping, the quivering girl soon panted as she voices began to die off again. Looking up into Claire’s eyes quietly, she shook her head not understanding how this was happening.

“W-W-What… a-are you doing… to it…” Furrowing her brow, the brunette shook her head not understanding her statement. Rising slowly, Claire’s hands pulled away before Lily’s shot out grabbing her. “D-D-DON’T!” Freezing, Claire watched in surprise as she saw the child’s hands move hers onto her again.

“Y-Y-You’re… k-keeping her, quiet…” As her eyes widened, the older girl looked over Lily carefully as she saw her shuddering form soon relaxing. ‘I-I’m… calming her head?’ That didn’t make any type of sense to her considering how painful her touch seemed before.

Shivering in silence, Lily’s eyes closed as she continued to let Claire hold her. Every fiber of her being was disgusted by her actions… but the voice in her head was nonexistent for once… she felt, peace… As her body was suddenly pulled forward, Lily’s eyes shot open as she panicked, but she soon stopped as she saw Claire attempting to hug her.

“C-C-Can… C-Can I…?” Blinking slowly, Lily soon nodded as her body grew tense. Pulling the girl into her, Claire closed her eyes as she gently pet her head. “I won’t hurt you… ever… I’ll never hurt you. Please believe me.” As her eyes glowed black, Lily soon nodded as she read her thoughts… they felt… pure.

Looking up at Claire, she shivered in silence as she saw a beautiful white aura surrounding her. Lifting her own hand up in comparison, she sulked in silence. Her own was a faint black in comparison… ‘Garbage…’ feeling tears welling up in her eyes, Lily soon sniffled before crying softly.

“G-G-Garbage… garbage… garbage!” Frowning, Claire was about to comment till she soon realized… she wasn’t talking to her. Burying her face into Claire, she continued to whisper muddled as she was hugged gently.

 

 

 

She had done it…

 

 

 

She had finally, broken through…

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

End Notes:

Hopefully, thats not as bad of an ending as before xD

Anyways, i hope you like where this is going so far because we're not quite done just yet. Hang on and enjoy whats to come, i'll see you all soon.

 

Kat fight, by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back one and all, i'm so happy to be coming to you from... actually i'd rather not say my address... xD

Anyways i was a little sad with the lack of reviews last chapter, but i know that was my fault for posting two chapters back to back. It probably made it look like my story was just there for awile... or i lost some fans somehow...

Anywhoo... I hope you all like this chapter and review, i can't get enough of your thoughts!

enjoy!

Claire quietly observed as she watched the scene in front of her closely. Every time her hand stroked down Lily’s hair, her body would tremble and quiver. It didn’t take her long to soon realize why however, she was vulnerable. This was the closest someone had probably ever been with her since the twins came into her life, and probably a bit more before that as well.


Slowing her hand to a stop, the brunette frowned noticing her body tense. Even with all her powers, it seemed she was still just a scared little girl underneath it all. Not a monster… not some malicious psychopath… just someone who had been hurt, and took more pain than any normal person her age ever should.
Sighing quietly, Claire pulled away before Lily’s hands shot out grabbing her. “D-Don’t…” Scowling, Claire moved her hands back before hugging Lily tighter. “We can’t sit like this for the rest of our lives Lily… you need to talk to me. What’s going on, in there?”


Turning her head slowly, the child’s ashen eyes met with her own as she carefully observed the older girl. “I-I… I don’t know… I, I can’t hear anything but my own thoughts… I-It feels good…” She whispered in a shrill voice as her eyes began to close.


Nodding, Claire’s hand moved up to Lily’s cheek before gently brushing it… however, as expected, she flinched upon contact from the gentle gesture. “Lily… I can tell this really bothers you. Y-You know I’m not going to do anything to you… right?” Nodding slowly, Lily continued to remain still, unsure how to respond.


“I… I can’t help it… I want to crawl away from you b-but… m-my body’s yelling at me to stay put. B-B-But the moment I d-do move… s-s-she’ll come back.” Tears slowly formed over Lily’s eyes before Claire’s hands moved under them to wipe them away.


“H-How about we just talk for a little… maybe try and calm your nerves?” Going quiet, Lily frowned unsure of what to say. “Why don’t you start by telling me a little about yourself?” Claire soon trailed off hoping Lily would add onto her statement.


Thinking it over carefully, the raven haired girl soon nodded. “I… I guess… ask me whatever you want… I-I’ll try to answer.” Nodding, Claire smiled as she turned Lily around so they were facing each other. “Alright, let’s try something simple. How about your name? I’ve heard everyone here call you Elizabeth, why is that?”


Scowling, Lily turned away bitterly before looking over her room. “After I moved in… my name was legally changed to Elizabeth by my parents. They thought it would give me more of an ascendant name for when I supposedly took over their business… but I won’t use it.” Looking up at the brunette firmly, Lily shook her head. “Agnes gave me my name, and that means more to me than anything else. It’s the only thing about me that’s mine…”


Nodding in understanding, Claire drummed her fingers gently on the younger girls back as she thought about what to ask next. “How… how long have you had… it?” Tapping her head, Lily soon scowled as she looked down at her hands.

“She’s been with me ever since the twins came. About a month into my new life, I started hearing a voice in my mind… it told me what I should do, and I listened. Eventually, though, it told me to do things I didn’t want to do… and that’s when it took over… and now, it fights me for control…” Holding Lily’s hands gently, Claire nodded sadly as she saw a small line of tears traveling down her cheeks. She had been fighting this for so long… and no one even knew.


“It will be alright Lily. You just need to control your emotions like you did before.” Growling, the raven haired girl sat up before glaring at the older girl. “D-Do you think it’s that easy! E-E-Every day I wake up… I have to fight her for control… She tells me what to do… sometimes good, other times not. But no matter what it is she tells me to do… I’m always fighting to stay sane.” Lily panted out through grit teeth as she felt her inner voice already trying to speak to her again.


Nodding, Claire moved Lily over on her lap before hugging her closely. “M-M-Maybe Sophia and Alexis can-“Stopping abruptly as she heard a low growl, Claire looked over at Lily before shivering. “I… Will, never… ask them for something again…” Lily spat darkly before turning to meet the confused brunette’s eyes.


“The reason I’m even like this now… is because of them.” Shaking her head slowly, Claire sighed. “Lily, there’s no way they would have known you’d turn out like this. You can’t hold it against them.” Scoffing, the child turned away as she tried to hide her face.


“They knew full well what they were doing to me! Do you have any idea what it’s like… to wake up one morning, thinking something like them was a dream, and then finding myself able to do… unimaginable things…” She whispered breathlessly before clenching her fists.


“My mind… was not ready for that kind of power. They didn’t train me in it, they just let me run free! I had no clue what I was getting involved with until it was too late! I… I remember the first thing I did once I knew it was real, though… and I wish every day, every... day... I didn’t do it…” Furrowing her brow, Claire once again turned Lily around so she was looking at her directly.


“W-What did you do…?” Twitching, Lily’s lips curled into a smile as her eyes grew a dark shade of black. “I killed him…” Gulping, Claire nodded already figuring out who she meant. “B-B-But… it was too quick… I didn’t drag it out… I didn’t make him f-feel the pain, he caused me.” She sputtered quietly as tears began to fall down her cheeks.


“Now… now, the last face he made before I ended him… haunts me, every day. Do you have any idea what it’s like, to see everything you ever did, and have every mistake you’ve ever made showed back to you… like some kind of degrading slideshow?” Shaking her head slowly, Lily nodded.


“This is the curse they gave me… Because of them, I see every mistake in my life, every pain I’ve ever felt, every laugh I’ve ever heard directed at me, and everyone who's ever wronged me, as fresh in my mind as if it had happened just today… and then it repeats… over, and over, and over…” Lily muttered darkly as Claire looked at her in sadness.


“The… the only way I’ve ever been able to stop these feelings… was by making others suffer… monsters.” Lily’s eyes instantly lit up. “I hate adults… they trick me… they treat me like I’m some kind of an outcast… and they're always evil… That is the only thing the twins ever gave me I can thank them for… a purpose.” She whispered bitterly before looking down in her hands.


“Stopping monsters… it helps me… but even then, only for a short time… then I’m right back to fighting myself again… and again… and again.” She panted as her hand moved up to her head painfully. “She… she can’t see the difference, though… all of them… bugs… A-A-And I can’t stop her!” Lily screeched before a pair of arms wrapped around her tightly.


“Shhh… it’s alright. She’s not here now, so just, relax…” Claire whispered silently with fear in her heart before calming herself as she saw the child soon calm down as well before leaning into her once more. “H-H-How can I relax…w-w-when e-every time I do… and I let someone help me… I’m always betrayed… even by the twins…” Lily sputtered in sadness. "What... makes you any different... I let you in... a-a-and then you stab me in the back to..." she cried out softly before Claire's hand moved under her chin directing their eyes towards one another. "Lily, I will never do that to you. I will never betray your trust. But I need you to trust me in return first." Claire's expression turned stern.


“You’re so wrapped up in your own pity and distrust of everyone that you can't even see all the things you’ve been blessed with.” Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl glared up at her but remained silent for her to continue. “You have many blessings. A family, friends, talent, that’s just a few of the hundreds I know you could think of too. You need to dwell on happier things and not let your own memories haunt you.”


Shrugging away the older girls hands, Lily stared down at her angrily now. “What are you talking about?! My family is all monsters, my so called friends hate and despise me, and my talent is all a lie that the twins manifested! I can’t even remember the last time I was ever happy, and my mind never forgets!” She shrieked before panting slowly.


Cupping Lily’s cheek, Claire smiled softly at her before hugging her once more. “I don’t despise you.” Feeling her breath hitch, Lily pulled back in surprise from her statement before feeling her hands slowly cupped.


“And I know the others don’t hate you either. You seem to think so little of them, but yet you’ve never tried to give them a chance yourself. I've met them all these past few days. and each one has had burdens and pains like you. You might not think they'd understand but they would, I know this. But you lash out at them, and that's what makes them act they way they do towards you. You’re afraid of being hurt, and trust me, I can understand that, but you care. You care about what others think and about others too… at least you used to. And I’m not going to believe that part of you is gone, even if you try to deny it.”


Gritting her teeth, Lily averted her eyes once more, unable to meet the brunette's head on. “I… I could care less… what any of that trash thinks about me…”, “Then that means you can still care.” Furrowing her brow, Lily remained silent as Claire began nuzzling her gently.


“If you could care less that means you still care. And if you can still care that means you can care for others… just like I’m caring about you now.” Sniffling, Lily once again said nothing, unsure of how to respond to her gentle reply.
She had always fought anger with more anger, but Claire wasn’t baited by it. Anytime she barked at her, she was always met with a gentle kindness that felt foreign. The last time she had ever felt something like this... was back when she was still an orphan. She just didn’t know how to respond. Shaking her head, Lily soon closed her eyes. “How could one kid change you so drastically?”
Furrowing her brow, Claire looked down at Lily confused before her eyes suddenly shot open. “I-I… T-That’s… T-T-That w-was a  long time ago...“ Sighing, Claire shook her head before resting her chin on the younger girls shoulder. “You already know what mistake I almost made… don’t you?”
Nodding, Lily rested her head against Claire’s as she recalled the memories she had glimpsed. “Why did she stop you from doing it?” Shrugging, Claire soon smiled as she recalled one of the few moments that had shaped her life so severely.


“I don’t know… I guess it was because she gave me a small light, a small glimmer of hope that I needed all along. And that’s what I’m trying to be for you.” Smirking, Lily reached for Claire’s hand before pulling it over her lap. “I don’t think our two situations are even remotely alike…” As her fingers brushed over Claire’s wrist, she quickly withdrew it before frowning.


“What happened might not be, but the outcomes are. Lily, if you can’t learn to control your rage… you’ll probably end up worse than where I would have.” Lowering her eyes, the child said nothing as she thought about her words deeply.


What she was asking her to do was basically forget everything… and her mind just wouldn’t allow it. Looking up at the clock on the wall, Claire sighed quietly. It was a little past eight and it seemed like with how much progress she had made, there was still just too much left. There just wasn’t enough time in the night to try to tackle all of these issues she had. When morning came, she didn’t know what would happen… she needed to resolve this by tonight, for Lily’s sake.


‘She refuses my help, refuses the help of the only two people who really could help her… and I don’t have enough knowledge about anything going on inside her head…’ It seemed like this was just a loose dream then… ‘Damn it why was this so much simpler with Kat?'


Blinking, Claire’s eyes suddenly widened before she grinned. “L-Lily… I think I found a way I can help you.” Looking back at Claire, the raven haired girl scowled. “I’m not, letting the twins do anything to me ever again…” Shaking her head quickly, Claire soon stood up, pulling the begrudged girl with her.


“I-I’m well aware, you’ve made that quite clear… but I think I know someone else who can help…” Raising her brow, Lily’s eyes widened to new proportions before she glowered darkly. “You’re insane if you think for even a moment she would help me. She hates me more than any of the others.”


Smiling, Claire kneeled down before extending her hands. “Trust can go long ways. You just need to be willing to extend it first. So trust me when I say, she will help you.” Crossing her arms, Lily looked over at her grandfather clock before sighing.


“How do you expect us to get there?” Pausing, Claire’s eyebrows scrunched as a hole in her plan was suddenly poked within seconds of making it. “I guess… one step at a time?”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



‘I, regret, everything…’ Panting tiredly, Claire looked up in the sky as she saw the moon overhead. It was probably a little past nine now, having walked for over an hour. Usually, that wouldn’t be so hard… but…


Feeling a flick on her head, Claire growled as she nudged Lily upwards on her back. “I’m not that heavy…” Sighing, Claire simply shook her head before she continued walking. “Never said you were… I’m just not that fit…” She panted out tiredly.


Back home she used to jog in the morning for exercise but adding on an extra fifty pounds did little for her cardio and upper body strength. Feeling another flick on the back of her head, the brunette soon groaned. “Forty-three point seven…” Hanging her head, Claire nodded before picking up her pace.


“I really wasn’t calling you fat…” Nodding, Lily remained silent as she looked around somewhat intimidated. She had never been carried on someone’s back before, and it all seemed rather strange… but she knew if she didn’t keep within an arm’s reach of the older girl her mind would split once more and her damned inner demon would come out again.


Driving wasn’t really an option either. All her families’ cars were under lock and key in another quart yard. She had never spent that much time rifling through her servant's minds. To locate which one had knowledge of where the keys were or had them on hand and when they could get a car away without being noticed could take countless hours… so, of course, Claire had to do something stupid.
Staring down at the tired girl, Lily simply shook her head. Why was she trying to go this far for her? She said it was because she cared, but who cared for someone they didn’t know this much? Resting her chin on her scalp, Lily looked around somewhat bitterly.


“You live here?” Nodding slowly as she jogged at a light pace, Claire soon grinned as she saw the familiar streets she had spent time memorizing. “Y-Yep. Home, s-sweet, home… kind of.” Shaking her head, Lily decided not to comment as she saw a few people circling a car with a broken window across from a parking lot near her.


If the twins really cared as much for the girl as she said they did, then why did they let her live here? She knew they often offered a place to stay for Kat, so why would Claire be any different. This was a rather bleak place for anyone to live… Feeling her curiosity beginning to come out, Lily’s eyes glowed a faint ashen as she looked to see what all the twins had actually offered Claire. They usually promised things to each of their friends… so was she any different?
Scanning her mind subtly, she soon shook her head slowly as she came up blank, although… something felt off. She hadn’t noticed it prior since she wasn’t specifically searching for it… but something was concealed from her. ‘What are you hiding?’ She had done something like this with her own mind so one of her *friends* wouldn’t see her past…


But this was something else. It was complex, and on an entirely different level of blocks in her neuropathways that she honestly couldn’t fathom. No normal person should have been able to regress such memories. ‘Not even I was able to block mine this well. The only people who could possibly even do this were…’ Narrowing her eyes, Lily’s soon grew dark as a passing thought entered her mind.


She’d have to tell her at some point… if the twins didn’t beat her to it that is. “Hey Lily, you doing alright back there?” Blinking, the younger girl nodded quietly as she gripped Claire tighter. “We’re almost there alright?” Nodding again, the raven-haired child gave her mind another glance before sighing.
It seemed they both had more in common than she originally thought. She wasn’t the only one betrayed by the twins…



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Opening a small doorway, Claire slowly entered her apartment before looking around. Flipping on the light switch near her, the brunette peeked around before smiling. The place was about the same as when she left it.


“So this is your home?” Nodding, the older girl stepped aside before Lily soon walked in behind her, her hand clutching Claire’s. “Well, I guess… welcome.” She shrugged before closing the door behind them. Letting go of her hand, Lily waited patiently before nodding to herself as she heard the voice in her mind silent once more.


Stepping around the apartment, the raven haired girl furrowed her brow. It looked… adequate. “So how long have you been here?” Shutting her front door, Claire stepped back in quietly before looking back to Lily.


“I’d say about a month now. I recently moved before… everything happened.” Nodding, Lily continued to pace around the apartment as she let her thoughts travel. Keeping a close eye on Lily, Claire soon began to calm. She didn’t know what to expect once the younger girl hopped off her back but it seemed like she was fully in control.


‘A step in the right direction I suppose.’ Now she just needed to find out if- “Meow…” Blinking, Claire looked down at her feet before her eyes lit up. “Mittens!” Poking her head out, Lily looked over towards the brunette as she lifted a little black and white kitten in the air before nuzzling it.


“Oh, it’s good to see you too!” She cooed quietly as the kitten began licking her cheek. Petting him gently, Claire soon looked him over before sighing. “Now that I’m… you know bigger… thanks for not eating me and all…” Chuckling as the cat began to purr, Claire soon set it down just as Lily moved back.


“I wasn’t aware you had any animals.” Shaking her head, Claire was about to tell her she didn’t before a loud thumping was heard beside them. “C-C-Claire?!” Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette slowly turned around before feeling herself shiver.


Standing on the stairs, Kat trembled as she saw the older girl standing in front of her. “Kat!” Looking at her almost as she wasn't even there, the orange haired Neko soon began to shake before surging forward. Coughing, Claire gasped as she was tackled to the ground.


“CLAIRE!” Thrashing, Claire choked in pain as she felt her body being squeezed remorselessly in an overly powerful hug from the small child. “K-K-Kat… A-Air!” Nuzzling her chest, tears streamed steadily down Kat's cheeks as she cried into her.


“P-P-Pretty lady… K-Kat… Kat missed you so much…” She whimpered out as she continued to cling to the fallen girl’s chest. Coughing, Claire smiled through the pain she felt as she hugged Kat back. “I… I missed you to Kat. More than you can imagine.” Pulling back with teary eyes, Kat soon began to sniffle, unsure of how to respond.


“Kat… Kat d-d-didn’t mean to…” Giving the child a quizzical look, Claire soon propped herself up as she stared back at the crying girl. “Kat… what’s wrong?” Sniffling, the Neko's eyes turned away in dismay. “K-K-Kat d-didn’t mean to c-call you that… K-Kats sorry…”


Feeling the cogs in her mind slowly beginning to click, Claire soon scowled before pulling Kat into her. “Kat, look at me.” Whimpering, the young cat girl averted her eyes even more till Claire cleared her throat. “Kat, I’m going to count to three and you’re going to look at me. One, two-“ Quickly looking back in fear, Kat soon began to cry even harder before Claire pulled her face into hers.


“Don’t cry Kat. I know it was an accident, but I don’t care what you call me. You're precious to me, so please just talk to me next time. Don’t run away. You scared me when you did, and I was really heartbroken you didn’t come see me today.”


Whimpering louder, Kat buried her face into the brunette’s neck before sobbing loudly. “Claire, Claire… Claire…” Shushing the girl as she wept, Claire smiled warmly down at her as she gently stroked her back. “It’s alright, I’m here now, let it all out.”


Nodding, Kat continued to cling to her before someone soon alerted her to the fact... they weren't alone. “So she was staying here. I figured you had only let her here for a night… perhaps I was mistaken.” Pulling away slowly, Kat soon began to twitch as she looked down at Claire confused.


Scanning her body, her eyes soon locked onto her clothes… or more, the blood all over them. She had been so caught up in seeing her, that she had completely missed that fact… until now. Turning around, the orange haired girl grew silent as she saw her.


“Lily…” Raising her brow, the raven haired girl wasn’t quite sure how to respond as she saw her *friend* beginning to rise. “You… You hurt the pretty lady?” Glancing to Claire, Lily soon scowled. “That’s none of your business…”


Trembling, Kats eyes soon began to glow an eerie red before her tail swished back and forth wildly. “You hurt her… you hurt pretty lady… YOU HURT CLAIRE!” She hissed. Raising her hands in shock, Lily grit her teeth as she all but forced Kat’s body to freeze as the swift girl was immediately in front of her.


“You hurt her… you… hurt, CLAIRE! Kat will kill you!” Kat roared through her teeth as she began to inch forward. Flicking her index finger forward, the orange haired child was suddenly sent tumbling back as Lily crossed her arms. “Don’t think you can rival me…” She had much more experience with her power then Kat had with hers.


Kicking off the ground, Kats' fingers twitched as she suddenly shot towards her once more, just as savage as she had prior. Glaring, Lily’s hand rose again freezing Kat where she stood. “You won’t win…” Shrieking angrily, Kat fought vigorously through her invisible bindings before she suddenly began to move closer.


‘W-What?!’ As Kat began to walk forward, Lily had a make sure she was seeing this right. The younger girl shouldn’t have been able to even breathe with as much pressure she was putting behind her. Feeling her arms beginning to shake from the sheer strength she was having to freeze, Lily’s eyes grew black as she forced her hands forward sending Kat backward into the wall.” Do… not think, you are stronger than me… I will crush you!” Lily spat as she shuddered, her voice suddenly awakened in rage.


Kicking off the wall, Kat soon lunged at Lily again before the raven-haired child slammed her hand down forcing Kat into the ground. “STAY DOWN!” Beginning to spasm, Lily’s eyes soon widened as she saw Kat pushing herself up slowly.
“Kill you… I’ll Kill… I’LL KILL YOU!” Kat shrieked furiously as she saw Lily slowly inching backward. Stepping back, Lily’s hand moved to her temple as she felt her control wavering. ‘N-N-Not… now…’ Standing over her, Kats' hand rose as it reached for Lily before something moved in-between them both shoving them away.


“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Claire screamed before Kat was suddenly launched into the wall with enough force to cause it to crack behind her. Blinking, Claire looked back at Lily in horror before she shook her head. “S-S-She… she just stopped!” She had been pushing Kat back this whole time, but all of a sudden, all the force behind her had just vanished right when Claire intervened.


Running over to Kat in fear, Claire looked down at the limp girl before she slowly began to lift her head. “Kat!” Shaking off the debris from the drywall as if nothing had occurred, the orange haired girl soon stood up startling them both. “What is she doing here?!” Kat hissed angrily before freezing as she saw the dark eyes she was being given.


“Kat, apologize!” Gawking at the older girl, Kat looked back at Lily as she saw the other girl gripping her head in pain. “B-But… S-S-She hurt you, Claire!” Kat argued before Claire crossed her arms. “Kat…” Lowering her tail, Kat looked away bitterly before nodding.


“K-K-Kat… Kat is... sorry Lily…” She whispered bitterly. Nodding, Claire kneeled down before pulling the frustrated girl into her. “Kat it’s not what you think… we, we have a lot to talk about…” Looking up in confusion, Kats eyes soon dimed before returning to normal as she looked back at Lily who was panting on the floor.



“She needs your help.”




_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Sitting on her couch, Claire’s hands draped both girls as they continued to glare at one another. “Kat doesn’t want to…” Frowning, the brunette looked down at her pleadingly. “Kat, please! I know you had trouble dealing with your inner voice at one point. Well, Lily does too, but she can’t control it… she desperately needs your help…”


Glancing back to Lily as she shook, Kats eyes soon narrowed. “Did you hurt the pretty lady on purpose…” Glaring, Lily turned away before Claire’s hand nudged her back. “Lily… Remember what I said about trust?” gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl soon sighed.


“I… did try to hurt her, but she stopped me… before I killed her.” Latching onto Kat quickly, Claire soon grunted as she tried to restrain the screaming girl from all but lunging at the other girl furiously. “Kat that’s enough!” huffing angrily, Kats' eyes flicked back and forth from red to green as she hissed.


Shooting an angry look Lily’s way for angering her, the brunette soon sighed. “Kat, she saved me too!” Pausing, the orange haired girl glanced back at Lily in surprise before staring back at Claire. “B-B-But… But blood…” Tugging on Claire’s red shirt, she shook her head. “It was an accident. But she did save me. So please, help me save her now.”


Lowering her gaze, Kat soon began to squirm before looking back at Lily. Scanning her closely, Kats head slowly began to nod. Sweat trailing down her brow, her stiffened form. Her shaking hands… taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, Kat soon rolled her neck before they opened, a blood red coloring now present where her emerald ones once were.


“You can’t control her if she controls you.” Blinking, Lily looked back at Kat before glaring at her. “I’m aware… if you’re just going to lecture me on such trivial things then this was a bigger waste of time than I had previously thought.”


Glaring, Kats hands moved forward right as Lily recoiled. “Give them to Kat.” Narrowing her eyes, Lily was about to scream at her to stay back before a gentle pat on her back calmed her. “Lily… she won’t hurt you, I promise.”
Looking back at Claire with worry, Lily’s hands slowly began to unclench. “What… what are y-you going to do?” she stuttered out, flustering herself a bit. Smirking, Kat’s tail slowly swished back and forth before showing her, her own hands.


“It tries to tell you things… it tries to lead you to things… it tries to show you things… but everything it does is for one reason… it wants to protect you.” Looking back at Kat with widened eyes, Claire looked over to Lily in surprise.
She had never thought about it that way. “P-P-Protect me!? IT’S RUINING MY LIFE!” Narrowing her eyes, Kat shook her head. “Your life is yours, but it wants you to keep you safe… by any means necessary…” Staring back at Claire sadly, the brunette nodded.


“Kat thought the pretty lady was bad… but Kat was wrong. Kat showed me better… and now Kat will show yours.” Narrowing her eyes angrily at the strange way she had phrased it, Lily inched away before Claire stopped her. “Please, Lily… you want it to stop don’t you?” trembling, the younger girl grew quiet.
“W-W-Why… are you helping me… You hate me…” Glowering quietly, Kat glanced to Claire before looking back. “Kat does hate you, but Kat doesn't as well… but Kat loves the pretty lady… and the pretty lady likes you… so Kat will help you, for her.”


Smiling warmly, Claire leaned down before giving the girl a small peck on her forehead earning a loud purr in return. Taking a deep breath, Lily soon nodded before moving her shaking hands forward. “W-W-What are you g-going to do…?”
Grinning, Kats own hands cupped Lily’s as her eyes glowed brighter. “Tame it…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“LET ME OUT!”

 

 

“LET, ME, OUT!”

 

 



Shrieking, a young girl with black hair, thrashed angrily in darkness as she fumed in volatile rage. “ANSWER ME NOW! LET, ME, OUUUUUUTTTTT!” ,”You are not in charge…”


Turning around hellishly, the black haired girl's eyes glowed a shadowy ashen as she stared at an orange haired girl in front of her. “Get… out… Get out… GET OUT!” As her voice thundered around the enclosed environment, Kat tensed.
“She is you, and you are her… one, not the other way around… you, do not control her.” Kat whispered darkly as she watched the demonic visage of Lily screaming angrily. “TRASH, YOU’RE TRASH!” Coughing, Kat fell to her knees as she felt herself being choked painfully.


“My mind… this, is, MINE! Die… Die, die, die, die, DIE!” Growling, Kat soon rose as her own eyes glowed blood red. “You, are not, in, charge… and you’re not as strong as you think.” Standing up, the shadow of Lily froze as her control was rendered useless.


“I AM IN CHARGE, I AM! SHE NEEDS ME!” Stepping over the trembling girl, Kats' hand moved forward before she gripped her forehead. “She needs her friends… not you. You… obey her…” Screaming, the girl thrashed angrily but she couldn’t escape the younger girl’s hand.


“YOU’RE FILTH, YOU DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” Smirking, Kat shook her head before tightening her grip. “You are nothing…” Croaking, the maddened girl soon fell silent with fear as she felt the overbearing pressure of Kat surrounding her.


“Now obey her… or you’ll obey me…” She hissed, causing the shadow to nod slowly. She could feel herself… being pulled into her, absorbing her... “You are her, and she is you… one. Do I make myself clear…?” Nodding again in fear, Kat soon released the shadow as the surrounding area around them soon lightened. Falling to her knee’s, the shadows eyes soon turned normal as she shook violently. She was… weaker…

 

“Obey, or be erased… work together… or be consumed… you decide… or I will…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching silently as both girls held their eyes shut, Claire soon grew worried. Neither had said a word for the past ten minutes… they both just acted like they were in their own little world, oblivious to her. Every once and awhile one of them would twitch, but otherwise, nothing new had occurred.


‘Is this really going to work?’ If it didn’t then the Sophia and Alexis were probably the only ones left who could help her… but if she kept refusing them… what would become of her? Jumping in freight as both girls suddenly opened their eyes; the brunette uttered no word as they continued to look back at one another.


“Does she speak?” Kat whispered quietly as Lily’s expression changed back and forth. Pulling her hands away slowly, Lily’s eyes closed as she listened… but, there was nothing, only silence. “I… I don’t hear it… w-w-what did you do?”
Smirking, Kat moved her hand to Lily’s forehead causing her to flinch involuntarily. “She’ll obey… or else she’ll face consequences. You lead, not her. As long as you know this, she will too.” Frowning, Lily nodded as she thought over Kats words.


“S-So… so it’s still there?” Nodding, Kats smile turned dark. We will always be here… protecting us. But we know who’s in charge.” Looking up to Claire quietly, Kat soon grinned. “Keep the pretty lady close. She calms us, at least she did me.”


Nuzzling the older girl happily, Claire soon smiled as she hugged Kat back. “Thank you, Kat… thank you for everything you did.” Shaking her head slowly as her eyes began to change, Kat smiled darkly. “Not Kat… Kathrine…” Blinking in surprise from her statement, Claire soon held Kat as the girl grew wobbly, her eyes slowly changing colors once again, only this time to their usual green ones. Looking around confused, the orange haired girl soon looked up at Claire curiously.


“Did Kat help?” Smiling warmly, Claire hugged the girl tightly before kissing her head. “Y-Yes Kat, you helped more than you know.” Grinning, the orange haired Neko purred contently as she clung to Claire happily.


Staring down at her hands in silence, oblivious to what else was happening around her, Lily soon felt something dripping onto them. Moving her fingers to her cheeks, she soon sniffled as she felt herself crying. “L-L-Lily, what’s wrong?!” Claire stammered as she saw the younger girl beginning to tear.


Shuddering, she silently shook her head as she continued to wipe them away. “N-N-Nothing… nothing’s wrong!” She snapped before turning away. Frowning, Claire’s expression softened as she leaned over and embraced the girl… only this time, she didn’t flinch from her touch.


Shivering, Lily continued to wipe away her tears as she felt something she hadn’t felt in so long… equanimity. Holding Lily gently, Claire smiled happily as she watched the younger girl crying in joy. She was finally free of her troubles… not all of them, but, at least the one that had burdened her for so long. She had found peace.


As a loud groaning noise echoed behind her, Claire soon pulled away before looking back. Clutching her stomach gently, Kat stared down at the ground quietly as her ears folded back. “K-Kat, are you alright?” Nodding quickly, the younger girl soon blushed as the groan echoed once more, only, this time, Claire knew what it was.


“K-Kat… when was the last time you ate?” That was her stomach, but it sounded like it was in pain. Frowning, Kat slowly shook her head. “Yesterday…” Gawking, Claire soon turned around angrily as she looked hungry girl over.


“KAT! Why didn’t you eat anything since yesterday! Y-You have to be starving!” she stammered with worry before Kat looked away once more. “B-B-Because… Because Kat didn’t want to steal anything from you, Pretty Lady!”


Cupping her face, Claire slowly shook her head in dismay. “Kat, you’re a guest here, of course, you could eat if you were hungry!” Standing up quickly, the brunette soon ran out of the room as she went into the kitchen to get something for the starving girl.


Now alone, both Lily and Kat soon grew tense from one another's presence. Sparing a glance, the raven haired girl spoke first, unsure of what else to say at this point besides… “T-T-Thank you…” As her ears twitched, Kat looked back at Lily in surprise before turning her head.


“Why are you thanking Kat?” Clenching her fists for having to explain it to the daft girl, Lily soon sighed. “Y-You helped me… even though you hate me… S-So thank you…” She bit out quietly. She hadn’t said those words in a long time…
“But Kat doesn’t understand why you're thanking Kat.” Looking back at the younger girl angrily, her rage soon bled away as she saw her innocent eyes staring back into her own. “Lily is Kats friend. Of course, Kat would help her.”
Looking at one another, Lily’s eyes soon broke away as she stared at the ground. “D-Don’t patronize me! I know full well how much you dislike me…” Looking Lily over carefully, Kat soon inched closer causing the older of the two to tense.


“But Kat doesn’t dislike you. You’re… you’re mean to Kat and to the pretty lady… b-b-but you’re still Kats friend.” Feeling her breath hitch, Lily shuddered as she felt the other girl's arms suddenly wrap around her. How… how could she possibly see her as a friend!? She had never shown her a shred of kindness and kept her distance from her ever since the twins had introduced her to all the others.


Purring quietly, Kat soon rested her chin on Lily’s shoulder as her tail curled around them both. “Kat knows you’re in pain… s-so that’s why Kat wants to be your friend. You need one.” Feeling her breath beginning to rasp, Lily soon pulled Kats hands off her… gently, before scooching a few feet away from her on the couch.


“…”


As her ears twitched, Kat soon grinned as she heard her response. To anyone else it probably wouldn’t have been heard, but her ears weren’t like that for nothing. ‘Thank you.’ Giggling, Kat soon scooched back over before opening her arms again.


“Does Lily want another hug?”, “N-Not a chance furball!” Lily snapped angrily before standing up, her cheeks a bright shade of red as she saw the younger girl grinning up at her. As Claire ran back into the room with a phone in hand she soon sighed causing both girls to look at her confused.


“I… I might not have gotten groceries last week… I-I planned on doing it after work… and then, you know…” She trailed off before looking at both children. “So… do either of you like pizza...?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Staring down at the food in front of her Lily was quiet as she looked it over. ‘Greasy, damp, and cheesy…’ It certainly wasn’t like anything her parents had ever had served for her. Back in the orphanage, Agnes had made of lots of homemade dishes from her country and her parents view on foreign food outside of their own country was bordering on toxic and inhuman.


Looking up, her eyes traveled over to Kat who was quickly finishing off the first box of food Claire had bought while the brunette was still working on her first piece, timidly. Feeling the child’s gaze on her, Claire looked back at Lily before frowning.


“What’s wrong Lily, don’t you like it?” Looking back down, she shook her head unsure herself. “I’ve never had it before…” She wasn’t fond of tasting new things… they either enticed her if they were sweet or made her gag when they weren’t. Although looking back at her food, she was unsure of if it would even fall into either of those categories.


“If Lily doesn’t want it, Kat will have it!” The Neko smiled happily before Claire bopped the over-eager girl on her head. Taking the empty box back over into her kitchen, she quickly came back with the next, Kat already lifting her plate for more.


‘Where the heck can she put it all?’ She hadn’t eaten in a week because of the twins and she was already feeling full. Sitting back down, her attention shifted back to Lily as she poked the food timidly, almost as if it would get angry at her for eating it if she tried.


“L-Lily, just give it a try. You might like it… and I’ll tell you what. If you don’t, then I’ll just have to find something else to get you instead. How does that sound?” There she was going out of her way for no reason again… Sighing, Lily lifted the slice of pizza up before giving it a tentative bite… followed quickly by another… and another.


Smirking, Claire nodded as she grabbed her drink. She had worked with kids of years, and she had yet to find one who didn’t at least like pizza in some way shape or form. Eating her food almost as quickly as Kat had, she soon paused before looking away darkly.


“C-Can I have another…” Moving the box her away, the brunette soon smiled. “Go ahead, have as much as you want.” Nodding, she took a couple more pieces before turning away. Watching Lily closely, Claire soon began to smile. She had made leaps and bounds of progress with her since the beginning of the week… but she still had a long way to go before she was finally as open with her as Kat, May, or Kai had been.


Looking back to the Neko, Claire soon scowled. With all the commotion and other… events of the night, she really hadn’t taken a good look at Kats form. She was dirty… very dirty. ‘someone hasn’t been taking her baths like she promised.’


Sighing, she reached over to the girl before picking through her orange locks, a few chips of drywall still embedded in there. Pausing, the younger girl looked up from her meal before purring. “Thank you…” Nodding back, Claire smiled as she handed her a napkin as well.


“Try not to eat so quickly, you’re going to choke on your food if you do.” Nodding, Kat went back to her meal as Claire continued to *groom* her. As this interaction was going on, Lily had slowly turned back before watching. Feeling herself somewhat saddened by how close those two were acting, her mind traveled back to her own family.


In the past, Agnes had done the same things Claire was doing. She mothered her, made sure she was content, loved her… compared to her family now, she really missed it. “Lily you have something on your cheek too.”


Blinking, the raven-haired girl looked up before stiffening. Moving her napkin over Lily’s cheek, Claire soon smiled as she got rid of the red smudge she had left there. “There you go. Lily, is everything alright?” shaking, the younger girl soon turned away once more.


“I-I’m fine…” Gritting her teeth for acting so frigid, Lily soon closed her eyes, choosing not to respond entirely. There she had been wishing for something like that to happen in her life and it actually did… and she acted so, cold towards her for it. She really was more withdrawn than she even knew.


Feeling her hand cupped gently, Lily soon looked up as Claire kneeled next to her. “Did… Did I cross a line…?” Staring back at her unsure of how to respond, Lily soon opted to just shake her head. “N-N-No… I-Its fine, I-I’m fine.” She stuttered out before looking away once again.


Nodding, Claire’s hand rested on her shoulder before she rubbed her gently. “If you want me to not do something just ask. The last thing I want to do is make you feel uncomfortable. We can do whatever you want at your own pace alright?”
Nodding, Lily soon turned back to her food, choosing to eat instead of talk.

Never in her life did she feel such a loss for words, as she did with Claire around. Standing back up, the brunette shifted her attention to Kat before moving behind her.


“So… when did you take your bath last night?” Pausing mid-bite, Kats tail shot up as she shivered. Raising her brow, Lily looked back at her friend as she began to visibly sweat from the simple question she had been asked.


“Kat…” The younger girl began before she suddenly shot off her chair startling them both. Growling, Claire soon took off after hear leaving Lily completely, and utterly confused by what had just happened. “NOOOOOO, KAT DOESN’T LIKE WATER!” ,”YOU’RE TAKING A BATH MISSY!”


Hearing a rather loud bang upstairs, Lily’s brow furrowed as she heard some type of dragging noise followed by a door closing. Setting her food down, she quickly wiped off her hands before going towards the staircase… she needed to investigate this further…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Holding Kat over her shoulder as the younger girl began to thrash, Claire crawled on her back into her bathroom as she restrained her. “I, t-told you, you need to take one, you promised!” The older girl cried as Kat flailed wildly in her arms.
“NO KAT DIDN’T! Kat promised she’d take a bath with you and you weren’t here!” Feeling her brow twitch at the younger girls loophole of sorts, Claire soon inched herself closer towards her tub as she kicked the faucet on.


“Well, I’m here now so you’re taking a bath!” Whining loudly, Kat soon grew limp before pouting angrily. “Mean lady…” ,”Stop that!” Blowing a strand of Kats orange hair out of her face, Claire soon stiffened as the door to the bathroom opened up.


Raising her brow, Lily looked down at the two struggling girls unsure of what to make of the scene. “Should I ask…?”, “I wouldn’t…” Nodding, Lily turned around before shutting the door, she didn’t want to fathom what was happening, it was to… troublesome.


Alone once more, Claire soon sighed as she gave the younger girl a pleading look. “Kat, come on! You said you would and you didn’t. You can’t just not, take baths because you don’t like water.” As the younger child looked away bitterly, Claire soon sighed. “If I take it with you, will you take it?” Feeling her ears perk up, Kat soon scowled. “Tonight…?”, "YES!" Huffing, Kat grumbled darkly. "Fine..."
Grinning, Claire nodded before moving them both upwards. “Ok… I’m going to let you go. But if you try to make a dash for the door, so help me god I will find you and drag you back in here again.” She warned earning a quiet nod from Kat.


Moving her arms away slowly, ready at any moment to grab her if she did, in fact, try to bolt like she had earlier, the brunette soon sighed seeing Kat slouch into her. “Alright, I’ll set it up.” Nudging Kat off her, Claire moved back to the water before her hand recoiled. ‘C-C-Cold!’


Changing the water temperature, she nodded. Kat probably wouldn’t ever trust her again if she made her get into a cold bath.  As it reached the appropriate temperature, Claire soon put the drain in before turning back to Kat, her back against the wall and her arms crossed angrily.


“Stop sulking or your face will get stuck like that.” Pouting, even more, Claire soon moved in front of her before pinching her cheeks. “Do you want this to be the face you make for the rest of your life?” She grinned before Kat’s lips twitched into a smile.


“There we go, much better. Now come on, let’s get you out of…” Groaning, Claire hung her head as she looked down at the black lacy skirt she wore. ‘My swim skirt… of course…’ Rubbing her temple, she soon sighed. She’d need to hide her more revealing clothes in her closet next time, this was becoming a tedious trend with the girl.


Looking back at her shirt, she groaned once again. She was still in the same black open heart shirt she had been wearing the past couple of days. She knew for a fact she didn’t wash it, water was bad! Tugging on the girl’s clothes… her clothes, Claire soon tossed them to the door before pulling Kat over towards the tub.


Checking the water once more, she nodded before turning the faucet off. “Alright, I want you to be in this tub by the time I get back, I'm going to go grab us some towels and clothes for us alright? Alright?” She repeated as Kat turned away.


“F-F-Fine… Mean lady…” Flicking her head, Claire uttered a quiet sigh as she exited her bathroom. Stepping past her bed, her eyes soon landed on Lily who way lying back with her eyes facing the ceiling. “Penny for your thoughts?” Blinking, having not even noticed the bathroom door open, the raven haired girl shifted her attention towards Claire before shaking her head.


“Why are you giving Kat a bath?” Moving over to her dresser, Claire kneeled down before sighing. “Because she needs one. If I’m not there, though, she’s allergic to water…” She muttered darkly as Lily soon nodded. Rifling through her drawers, she soon pulled out a small pair of shorts that would fit Kat alright… kind of. ‘Better than my bikini bottoms or lingerie…’


Blinking a few times, Lily looked back at Claire making sure she had heard that right before shaking her head.  Stepping back, she went over to her closet before grabbing a couple towels as well before moving back towards her bathroom. As she reached her door, however, she paused before looking back at Lily’s quiet form.


“You know… I-I have a small tub, but if you want to join us you can?” She offered out before hearing a loud scoff in return. “I’m not a lummox, I can bathe myself!” Lily snapped earning a sad smile in return. “I never said you were… I just thought you’d like the company is all.” Moving back into her bathroom, Claire sighed before shutting the door.


‘One step forward, two steps back…’ She’d have to not treat Lily how she wanted to all the time. She was very independent and the polar opposite of any other of the girls in the twins company. Looking back at her tub, the brunette soon began to smile as she saw Kat sitting down in the water; her ears folded back in dismay as held her tail above the water.


Tugging on her own shirt, Claire grimaced as she saw all the blood on it. She didn’t know how much she had lost but at least she felt fine now. ‘I’ll need to thank Lily again for saving me…’ It wasn’t every day you died and were brought back… Her life was weird…


Shaking her head, Claire chucked the garment away before doing the same with her pants. Moving over to the tub, she stepped in next to Kat before looking down at the quiet girl. “Would you like me to wash your hair for you?”
As her ears twitched, Kat soon nodded before turning around. Smirking at the sullen mood she displayed, Claire simply sighed. “You know you’re going to have to take baths for the rest of your life, Kat. And the water doesn’t feel that bad now does it, all warm and soothing.”


Listening closely, Claire smirked victoriously as she heard the quiet purr she had been hoping for. Pulling Kat into her lap, (minding her tail) the brunette soon began to cup the water and pour it over her. As she was bathed gently, the orange haired Neko soon began to close her eyes before her purrs increased.
“K-Kat really did miss you, pretty lady…” Nodding, as she poured some shampoo into her hands, Claire smiled warmly. “I missed you to Kat… even if you are a pain sometimes.” Giggling, Kat chose to take that as a compliment as her hair was lathered down.


Stroking her furry appendage through the water as Claire cleaned her head, she focused more on her orange tail as she washed the dirt off of it. Hearing the quiet groan of the bathroom door opening, however, both girls paused before looking past the small shower curtain.


Blinking once, then twice, Claire’s eyes widened considerably as she saw Lily step into the small room before shutting the door behind her. Wrapped around her frame, was one of her towels, and her hair was no longer strung up so it all hung down over her back.


Staring at both girls with a dark expression, her cheeks soon grew considerably red. “W-W-Wash my hair…” It wasn’t exactly a question… more of a commanding statement but the brunette understood what she was going for. Nodding dumbly, Claire soon smiled as she saw Lily moving closer. Rinsing off the soap in Kat's hair, Claire soon nudged the girl off her much to her annoyance as she made a place for Lily.


Staring down at the small tub in comparison to her own, Lily shivered. She hadn’t a clue what was prompting her to do this… but she felt rather… jealous, that Kat was receiving special attention from the older girl and she was not.
Patting her lap, Claire waited patiently for Lily to step in as she weighed her options. Sighing, having finally made up her mind, she pulled her towel off before setting it beside the other ones. Pushing herself against the back of the tub to give Lily some more room, Claire watched the younger girl closely as she climbed in at sat down in front of her.


Nudging herself a bit closer, Lily closed her eyes as she tried to hide her insecurity.  “Your hairs long.”  Opening her eyes abruptly, the shivering girl directed her attention towards Kat who sat just inches away from her. “And your point?”


Shrugging, Kat's hand moved up to her own hair as she pet it. “Kat wanted to grow hers out like that, but it always got tangled and Kat had to cut it.” Chuckling, Claire nodded believing that. “That’s because someone didn’t wash it.” Pouting, Kat scowled before looking back at Lily.


“Byt your hair's pretty.” Blushing, Lily chose not to speak and just enjoy the warm waters she found herself in. As water was poured over her hair, her eyes darted back and forth, unsure of where to look. This was unbearably uncomfortable for her… Which made her beg the question, why was she even doing this?


As Claire’s hands traveled through her black locks, her fingers dug into her scalp with a gentle tenderness not even she used when she bathed. Moaning softly, her hands instantly shot up to her lips as both girls grinned.


“The pretty lady gives good baths doesn’t she?” Kat purred before pulling her tail forward. Whimpering from her moment of weakness, Lily remained silent once more. Noticing her stiffened form, Kats head soon turned as she watched her.


“Why is Lily's face all red?” Feeling her eyes widen considerably, the raven-haired child growled as she glared at Kat hatefully. “I-I-I’m not blushing!” S-She wasn’t embarrassed, this… this was just beneath her! Watching Kat giggle as she peaked around at Lily as she kept turning her head, Claire soon chuckled herself.


Maybe this was best for her after all. Rinsing the shampoo off, Claire soon nudged Lily to get off her… but she still remained seated. “You can get off now Lily, I’m finished.” Fidgeting for a moment, the raven haired girl pouted. She didn’t really want to move.


“Yeah, move over already, Kat wants to sit with the pretty lady again!” Blinking, Lily soon smirked as she leaned back deliberately, surprising Claire as she stared down at Kat. “No, I think I’m quite alright as I am, sorry~” She whispered in a quite mocking tone, causing the orange haired catgirl to growl.


“H-Hey now girl’s, t-there’s nothing to fight about- HEY!” Claire suddenly shrieked as Kat lunged at them both. Tumbling over in the tub, all three fell into one another as soon Kat and Lily fought on top of the shocked brunette.
“Move, it’s Kats turn!”, “Make me fuzz butt!” Being dunked under the water once more, Claire soon clawed upwards for air as she was continuously used as a battlefield by the two squabbling children…

 

Their peaceful bath was soon beginning to feel less peaceful… maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all...

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 
Sitting on her bed with Kat in her lap, humming happily, Claire gave both girls a look of vexation as she dried the younger of the two off. ‘And now my bathrooms underwater…’ Funny how a simple gesture could somehow lead to war between two squabbling girls.


Drying her own hair next to Claire, Lily smirked silently as she wrapped her hair up in a towel. “I won…” Cupping Kats mouth before she could speak, Claire directed a dark look at the raven haired girl, but if anything it only made her smirk widen. “I think, that’s enough fighting for tonight, from both of you.” Her attention shifted to Kat as her ears drooped.


Nodding, she withdrew her hand before tilting the girls head to the side and cleaning behind her furry ears. ‘Huh, her fur dries faster than her hair…’ Looking behind her at her tail, she noted it was the same as well. ‘Maybe she’s onto something about her fur…’


Shrugging, Claire soon pulled Kat off her before looking towards Lily. “No…” Nodding, Claire shrugged once more before flopping back on her bed tiredly. “Geez, you two are exhausting…” Sighing, the brunette's eyes began to close before she felt a gentle poke on her cheek.


Peeking an eye open, she stared up at Lily’s indifferent expression unsure of what she wanted. “Where do I sleep?” Opening her mouth to speak, Claire’s voice soon left her. Leaning up, she looked back at her bed before frowning. It was a simple single mattress. It wouldn’t fit all three of them…


Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly for not considering this earlier, Claire soon stood up. “W-Well… I guess you two can share my bed. I’ll just go sleep on the couch for tonight…” Going quiet as her body stiffened on its own, she pivoted around before looking at Lily’s annoyed expression.


“Sit.” Walking back to the bed forcibly, Claire gave the child a deadpan look but she said nothing else as her hand rose. As her vision began to fade a bit, Claire’s eyes widened as she realized what was happening. “W-W-WAIT LILY, WE CAN TALK ABOUT-“ Feeling her mouth go dry as she stared at the colossal landscape, the brunette hung her head in dismay before she was suddenly lifted into the air.


“Why, why would you shrink me again?! I just returned to normal!” Claire cried pleadingly but Lily only met her question with a shrug as she choose not to answer her before she set Claire down in front of her and Kat. “Yay! The pretty ladies fun sized again!” Feeling her eye beginning to twitch, Claire decided not to comment.


“While I don’t approve of sleeping next to… her, I think this will be more than enough room at your current stature.” Lily announced before pulling the towel away from her hair. Hearing a loud meow from behind her, Claire's body soon stiffened.


Glancing back, she shivered as she stared at the large slanted eyes of Kat’s kitten, who she had presumably set down after she had been shrunk. Staring back at the feline, Claire soon shivered. “S-So… about that conversation we had earlier…”


Looking back at the brunette confused, Kat moved to pet the kitten before picking up Claire. “Is the pretty lady still scared of Mittens?” Shaking her head, the brunette chose not to tell her the truth. Staring at something twice your size no matter how gentle would always put someone at unease.


“N-N-No, no, I-I’m just… making small talk?” Blinking, Kat soon grinned before nuzzling Claire against her cheek. “Kat does that too!” Feeling herself suddenly lifted away from the orange haired girl, Claire turned around before seeing Lily’s dark eyes.


“I’m tired…” Nodding, in confusion, Claire soon blinked as she was set down between them both before Lily rested her head on one of the two pillows near her. “Stop talking, I want to sleep.” As both Claire and Kat pouted by the rude way she had put it, the ladder soon yawned as well before looking down at Claire.


“Kats tired to…” She mumbled before crawling under the blankets near her. As Kat got comfortable, her hands moved out before pulling Claire close to her chest. As she was sandwiched once again, a feeling she had experienced from each of the girls at some point or another, Claire soon smiled. Even if she fussed about it, she kind of liked this size. She felt a wonderful sense of safety when she was held… by, certain people…


Glancing towards Lily, she sighed quietly, her thoughts no longer being monitored… she hoped. Hearing a gently purring above her, the brunette soon looked up before feeling a sense of warmth like no other as she watched Kat fast asleep, her fatigue seemingly catching her off-guard as she was out almost instantly.


Snuggling against the two girls, Claire’s eyes soon began to drift shut as well. With the events of today, she probably would sleep for a while, she definitely needed it. Letting out a loud yawn, she nuzzled Kat gently before closing her eyes.


She could get used to this… there were some definite perks to being this size. But she'd probably have to get used to it... it looked like she would still be this way for a bit longer…



To be continued

End Notes:

Well i hope you enjoyed the ending, but things are far from over. The hardest of trials still awaits so stick around!

 

The truth about trust... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sigh"

Another chapter done, but still i feel not enough has been said. I suppose i will never be happy until the final words reach you all.

Thanks for being here :)

I don't say it enough but i really appreciate all the love and support you've all given me for my story. I had worries at first when i brought my idea up to F.W. but, I think I made the right call.

Lots of people messaging me what they think. Lots of views of people who enjoy my story~

It just fills me with so much joy and helps me get through each day so once again, thank you all!

 

So please enjoy the chapter, and tell me what you think if you like. I'll be happy to read your thoughts~

Drip…

 

Drip…

 

Drip…

 

 

 

Scrunching her eyes tightly as warmth traveled over her face, Claire soon groaned as she felt some kind of liquid cascading over her form causing her to become quite damp. Cracking an eye open, the brunette twitched as she craned her neck upwards, a sense of Deja vu soon following.

Drumming her fingers on the arm currently holding her hostage, Claire looked up at Kat in irritation as her mouth rested right above her, a long trail of her drool continuously dripping onto her head. ‘We’re going to have to have a little talk about this when you wake up…’ Claire thought somewhat agitated.

It was adorable in one sense, but utterly degrading in another. Feeling her body suddenly wrapped up in warmth, the shrunken girl blinked before turning around as best she could. As she was lifted into the air, her attention was soon shifted to her other guest who she had almost forgotten about in her sleep induced haze.

Setting Claire down next to her and away from the drooling child, Lily stared at her indifferently as she cupped her hands in her lap. Did Lily really just save her from her unpleasant situation? “T-Thanks for that… a few more minutes and I would have drowned.” Claire smiled, before frowning as she saw Lily’s dark expression.

“W-What’s wrong, is… is everything alright Lily?” Staring back down at her, the raven haired girl wondered what she would do. ‘I have to tell her…’, ‘Don’t, it’s not your place.’ Clenching her fists, she chose to ignore her inner voice that surprisingly had been rather mute up until this point.

Licking her lips, Lily stared back at Claire before feeling some of the fire in the words she wanted to say extinguished by the gentle look she was being given. ‘S-She has to know…’, ‘And they will tell her… or, we will.’ Hardening her gaze, Lily nodded before closing her eyes.

As much as she wanted to tell the voice to stop… it was actually helping her not make any rash decisions… she wanted to tell her since the moment she awoke, but now, she wasn’t so sure. “Lily…?” Opening her eyes again, the younger girl stared back at Claire before sighing.

“I’m glad Kat didn’t waterboard you. I was starting to get used to having you around…” She mumbled quietly, deciding to change the subject. She could wait and see what the twins did next, she had time… Fidgeting, Claire nodded well aware that her question had been redirected, but, she didn’t want to pry. Lily would open up to her more when she was ready to… although it kind of frightened her that a six-year-old knew what waterboarding was…

Moving closer to her, Claire sat down next to the quiet girl before resting her palm on her leg. “You know… if you want to tell me anything, you can.” Claire said genuinely as she watched Lily’s face closely. Looking away in silence, the child nodded but said no more.

Sitting next to one another quietly, Claire soon began to worry. It seemed like Lily wanted her for something but now she wasn’t so sure. Feeling said girls hand move around her once more, Lily soon moved Claire onto her lap as she stared off with a distant expression.

“Have the twins told you your role in their plan yet?” Blinking, Claire shook her head silently. Did Lily already know what they had in mind for her? Frowning, the raven haired girl nodded before tapping Claire’s back gently.

“Be careful… be careful who you trust…” Scowling, the brunette turned around to face the colossal girl with a worried look. “Lily, I trust Sophia and Alexis… without them, I-I’d probably be dead by now…” Narrowing her eyes, Lily soon moved the shrunken girl up to her eyes as she leveled her gaze.

“And if they hadn’t shrunk you in the first place you would have been even safer…” Licking her lips, Claire tried to retort… but she kind of had a valid point… “The worst thing about being lied to… is knowing you’re not worth the truth…” Lily whispered weakly before Claire’s hands cupped onto her thumb.

“What… what did the twins promise you that broke whatever trust you gave them…?” As her eyes hardened, Lily’s grip soon tightened around Claire involuntary, causing her to grunt in pain. "Freedom…”

Looking up at Lily confused, her eyes soon shut as she released her hold on Claire sending her tumbling onto her lap. “What promise we made to each other is none of your concern, and a matter for them to tell you if they so chose, not I. Just be wary, and choose carefully who you put faith in. the pain of being lied to... is traumatizing.” Lily whispered, the pain in her words all too real causing the shrunken girl to feel regret for her.

‘What did you two do to cause her such pain…?’ Hearing a loud yawn behind them soon dragged their attention away from their dark conversation. Leaning up tiredly, Kat soon rubbed her eyes before Looking around. “P-Pretty lady…?”

Cupping Claire once again, Lily soon moved her next to Kat, but not before giving her, her last few words of advice… “I don’t trust anyone anymore… not after them. But, I trust you, you’ve earned that much from me… Do not, make me regret it…” She whispered ominously causing the shrunken girl to shiver with fear.

After hearing plenty of threats from Lily the past few days, she knew a silent warning when she heard it. Nodding timidly, Lily lowered her hand before dropping her in front of Kat. “Get up fur ball… We have to get going.” Lily muttered, before hopping off the bed, her dress already on giving Claire the impression she had been up for a while.

Watching Lily leave the room, the brunette soon grew worried. The climax was quickly approaching… it seemed there was more than one side to this twisted fairy tale then she had come to realize. ‘Could Sophia and Alexis really be hiding something from me?’

Considering they hadn’t even told her anything, that seemed unlikely. So why was Lily trying to warn her? Mulling it over in silence, she was soon brought out from her troubling thoughts as Kat's finger poked her head.

“Is Claire alright? You’re not talking to Kat.” The Neko whispered timidly. Smiling, Claire turned around before opening her arms to the giant toddler. Giggling, Kat quickly scooped up the shrunken girl before cradling her gently.

“Sorry Kat… I, just have a lot of my mind I guess…” Turning her head, a clear sign she was confused, Kat soon smiled before moving Claire up to her cheek and nuzzling her. “Can Kat help you with anything? You always help Kat when she thinks too much.” Smirking, Claire was about to say no… but, a second opinion might not be too bad considering how close Kat was to the twins.

“Can… can you tell me something?” Looking down at Claire expectantly, Kat nodded quickly as she smiled at her. “What is it, Pretty Lady?” Thinking about how to approach this topic, Claire soon decided to make it as black and white as she could.

“Do you, trust, Sophia and Alexis.” Almost as quick as she said it Kat was nodding happily. “Yep. Their Kats friends and Kat trusts her friends.” 'Well that was pointless...' Kat was loyal to a fault, of course, she trusted them. But... Frowning, Claire nodded deciding to ask one more question that had been pestering her.

“What did they twins offer you… when they found you?” Pausing, her reaction much slower than before, Kats eyes soon glowed red before her expression shifted signaling she wasn’t all there currently. “What Sophie and Alex gave Kat, is something Kat can’t say until they say Kat can.” She whispered quietly unnerving Claire thoroughly.

As quick as it came it soon vanished as Kats emerald eyes were staring back at her happily. “Did Kat help the pretty lady?” Nodding silently, she soon had to smile as Kats cheerful voice rang out gleefully. Rubbing the shrunken girl into her cheek giddily, the little Neko soon moved off the bed as she cradled Claire against her chest.

“Let’s go eat, Kats hungry.” Nodding absently, Claire remained quiet as she thought over both girls words. Something was bothering her now… and it seemed everyone knew what it was but her, and that didn’t sit well with her one bit.

She knew for a fact when they all went back to the daycare today… Sophia and Alexis had a lot of explaining to do…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“But why? Kats Lily’s friend isn’t she? Why can’t Kat come over and play with Lily?”

 

“Because I said so!”

 

“But that’s not telling Kat why!”

 

“Fine, my parents might mistake you for garbage and try to throw you out~.”

 

“Please!”

 

“No.”

 

“Pretty please!”

 

“I SAID NO ALREADY!”

 

 

Shifting her gaze back and forth, Claire watched in silent amusement as Kat got under Lily’s skin. The funny thing about it though was she wasn’t even trying to. It seemed they naturally knew how to bug one another. It was actually pretty cute.

Running in circles around Lily as she walked regally towards the daycare, the Raven haired girl soon grew agitated by the hyper girls constant pestering. “Why now of all times do you want to see where I dwell? J-Just because we’re… friends… does not mean I’d let you set one foot in my home!”

Giggling happily, Kat pointed back the way they came before bouncing happily. “But Kat let you in her home. Lily should return the favor!” Scowling, Claire chose not to weigh in that it was actually her apartment and decided to just watch leisurely instead.

After the seriousness of the morning, this was a nice change of pace. “For the last time Kathrine, you may not come…to…” Pausing, Lily looked back at Kat as she stopped walking as fast, her mood suddenly sullied for some reason.

“P-P-Please don’t call Kat that…” Blinking, the raven-haired girl looked back at her friend before frowning. The nausea-inducing bubbly girl before was gone and replaced with her much darker persona for some reason.

Glancing over her shoulder at her shrunken passenger, Claire waved her hand in front of her neck telling her to drop it. ‘Don’t call her that, she’s not the same person she once was and she’s accepted that…’ Claire thought quietly.

Closing her eyes somewhat remorsefully, Lily nodded before picking Claire up off her shoulder and moving next to the stiffened girl. “I, apologize… here.” Dropping Claire in her hands gently, Lily soon walked ahead of them before Claire realized what she had done.

“HEY, DID YOU JUST PASS ME OFF LIKE SOME TYPE OF GIFT?!” Smirking, Lily didn’t retort giving the brunette the impression that was exactly what she did. Hearing a faint giggle above her, Claire looked upwards before smiling as she saw Kats red eyes shifting back to green.

“You alright?” Nodding quietly, Kat moved Claire to her cheek before hugging her gently. “Kat doesn’t like being called that. That’s her name, not Kats.” Nodding, Claire pet the younger girl’s cheek gently as she listened to the steady purring that soon followed.

She didn’t care how long it took her. She would eventually get to the bottom of why Kat was the way she was. She felt an urgent need to do so, like every fiber of her being wanted to give the girl closure for whatever was going on inside her head.

She didn’t know if it was guilt or debt. to the twins, or any number of things. She just knew she had to be the one to help her. As she was pulled away from Kats' cheek, she was soon moved back into the heart-shaped hole in the center of her dirty shirt.

‘Wait, when did she put it back on?’ She had been with Kat all morning, how had she found the time to change so quickly and not have her notice?! Groaning, Claire shook her head, dismayed by the fact Kats appearance had become so normal to her by now she didn’t even notice the obscurity in it.

‘When we get home she’s changing out of these clothes and into something decent.’ Blinking, Claire furrowed her brow. When did she make her apartment Kats home? Looking up at the giant little girl as she gleefully trailed behind Lily, a carefree expression present on her features, Claire soon smiled.

‘I guess… I’m just used to seeing Kat there…’ It had only been for a couple days, or, a week for her… but it almost made her sad to think of her home without Kat present. Feeling herself soon lifted up, her face met with the orange haired Neko’s as she looked at Claire quietly.

“Is the pretty lady alright? She’s been quiet for a while… Kats worried.” The younger girl whispered, concern clear in her tone. Smiling sheepishly, Claire nodded as she petted the toddler’s hand. “Y-Yeah Kat… I’m fine. I guess I’m just content.” She shrugged.

Grinning Kat nodded before cradling Claire gently in her arms. “Kats glad the pretty lady’s happy! Kat will do everything to make her stay that way!” She cheered as she gently rocked the smaller girl back and forth.

Smiling warmly, Claire chuckled in amusement. It seemed they both wanted to please one another. Yep, not having Kat around anymore would really be disheartening… but, maybe she didn’t have to leave when she changed back…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting in front of the Daycare her daughters had come to make their own little project the past few years, an older blonde woman sat next to her two daughters as she watched them act… just so out of character than their usual selves.

With their heads hung, their blank red eyes staring into the cement sidewalk below, and their faces showing utter despair, the blonde had to worry. Even in the past when her daughter’s plans had failed, they took it with a grain of salt… but all this, over one person?

“C-C-Can I get you anything? You hardly ate breakfast today… M-Maybe something to drink?” She muttered in concern but was only met with silence. Feeling their mother’s hands resting on their shoulders, both Sophia and Alexis remained deaf as they tried to tell themselves it would be alright… but, they knew better.

Lily was bordering dangerously close to what you could clinically call a sociopath, and they didn’t know why. If Claire did anything wrong… or, even if she didn’t… she could die… and it hurt them to know this… Ever since last night, they didn’t eat… they didn’t sleep… and they certainly didn’t talk. Their minds were linked, so all the sadness they each felt, was mutual, and just as painful to feel rolling off one another like a damn having finally broken, the flood waters cascading down the ridge of their minds and onto each other.

The last time they felt despair as painful as this was four years ago… and it had almost made them make a grave mistake in the end. W-What would happen now…? “Y-You two can just find another person right? S-So there’s no need to be so sad…”

As their eyes widened simultaneously their own mother suddenly found herself launched away from them and into her red Lamborghini just as shocked as they were. “G-Go… home…” Sophia all but whispered through her teeth, the unfathomable amount of anger in her tone causing her mother to shake in fear.

Her daughters had never openly done something like that to her! Raising her finger to talk back to them, she was soon left mute as they stared up at her, both with a look, of pure and unadulterated fury. Knowing better not to stand in her own daughter’s way… the older blonde knew she had made a mistake in her words.

Lowering her gaze, she walked away from them before entering her car. As she drove off, both Sophia and Alexis’s angry looks died… and the sadness from before came back. ‘We’ll have to apologize…’ Nodding silently Alexis scooched closer to her sister as she hugged her, her face buried in Sophia’s neck.

“I… Don’t want to lose her…” Clenching her fists, Sophia tried to remain stoic since her sister was unable to… but she wanted to cry. They should have never let Claire do this… it was a mistake… and they had been prone to making them in the past, all with great costs… and Claire’s life was by far the greatest.

After so long, they had come to love her… whether she realized it before or not… but, she just couldn’t imagine their life without the brunette again. It hurt her. Like she was being stabbed repeatedly in the chest. Glancing down to her sisters shivering form, she knew Alexis was feeling it too. She didn’t even need to share her emotions to know it.

So when a familiar signature entered their radar… they all but shot to their feet in shock, no, not shock. Shock was too simple of a word to describe what they had felt. What this was left them speechless? Taking off in the direction they felt her, both blondes ran.

To anyone looking the sight might seem strange. Two little twin girls, running down the street in a pair of regal dresses that you would find hard to believe they even had on in the first place. But they didn’t care. To hell with anyone who saw them acting so, different, to hell with it all.

As their vision shifted back and forth, left and right, the signature felt stronger and stronger, and finally, they were on top of it. Turning a corner in all but a full sprint they suddenly collided with something sending both blondes tumbling to the ground in pain.

Falling onto their stomachs, both Sophia and Alexis groaned as they felt pain for the first time in months. Well, physical pain that is. The emotional one they had been feeling since last night had far surpassed this, though.

Looking up in shock, their eyes landed on the person they had collided with as they felt a sudden sense of dread. Lying on her back as she slowly pushed herself up, Lily glared angrily at them as her dark eyes stared into their very depths.

“What, the hell, was that for!” She shrieked. She had felt them coming but she hadn’t been prepared for them to tackle her! Staring across at Lily closely, their bodies began to shake with fear, two pairs of crimson eyes scanning her entire being… but, where was Claire?

‘B-B-But I… I felt her…’ Alexis thought in sorrow. Crawling to her feet slowly, Lily glowered darkly as she saw the cause of her vexation kneeling on the ground. “Well?” She finally snapped, but the twins remained silent…

Claire wasn’t on her. Feeling the pit of their stomachs drop, a feeling they had dreaded came flooding into them and out of their eyes, misery. Looking down at the two blondes confused, Lily frowned as she felt a darkness settling over them.

She had never felt this from them before, but why? “Hey it’s Sophie and Alex! But why are they napping on the ground?” Looking up slowly, their eyes hollow compared to their usual lively ones, both siblings looked to Kat, who had seemingly come out of nowhere.

Wait… Looking at Lily slowly, both twins blinked a few times. Why was Lily here, and with Kat? “H-H-Hey, are you two alright?!” Feeling their breaths hitch as a familiar feeling all but surrounded them. They looked at Kat with what could only be described as a plea.

Upon seeing It true, Sophia all but disappeared as she rushed in front of Kat, a speed even the little Neko hadn’t displayed before starting even her own sister. As Claire saw Sophia all but vanish, she was suddenly enveloped, causing her to let out a cry of surprise as she was clung to for dear life as both Alexis and Sophia.

Blinking a few times to make sure she had seen that correctly, her vision shifted to both Sophia and Alexis as they stared down at her in silence. “C-Claire…” Alexis whispered out, a shrill crack in her voice causing the brunette to feel her heart tugged on.

“H-Hey… I-I’m back…” She tried to joke but they could tell from her tone she was just as happy to see them as they were to her. Cupping the shrunken girl in her hands, Sophia moved her into her chest as she and her sister felt a deep feeling of relief flood over them.

They had been so scared, scared for their shrunken lover's life. What it would mean for them if something had happened. What they would have done if something did happen… and what they might have done to others for what happened…

But no, she, she was there. There with them… and she wasn’t, going, anywhere. She was right where she belonged, with them. Sniffling, both blondes felt tears beginning to well up in their eyes. All the sadness they felt, the despair, the pain… it was vanishing. She, was, safe.

“Hey, why did you take the pretty lady away?” Looking to Kat slowly, both Sophia and Alexis smiled as they moved over to the little Neko. “S-Sorry Kat… W-We… We just had to see her.” Sophia choked out, a slight crack in her voice as she tried to compose herself alongside her sister.

Opening their hands, they soon felt utter joy as they saw a happy smile along the brunette's lips, a few tears of her own having fallen from her eyes as she hugged Sophia’s hand. She had missed them just as much as they missed her.

Moving her hand down to her sisters, Alexis shivered as she pet Claire’s smaller form. Her very touch was like a drug to them at this point… if she were gone, they wouldn’t be able to go on like they had in the past and that frightened them to no end.

But she was here… and she always would be. Plucking Claire up, Alexis moved her to her cheek as she hugged her warmly. “We… We were so s-scared…” She whispered out, causing the smaller girl to nod alongside her. “Y-Yeah… I, I know. I was scared to…” She whimpered sadly.

Pulling away only to be replaced by her lips, Alexis greedily kissed the shrunken girl before Sophia did the same. After a moment of gentle contact they soon both moved away as they were content just to look at her. Their Claire was safe…

It didn’t matter how many times they said it. Each time was like a new wave of relief washing over them, and it made them calm, excited, and happy. As both siblings pried their eyes away from the shrunken girl, they soon grew confused.

Looking up at Kat, they expressions shifted. “K-K-Kat… why are you here… and, and why is Lily…” Sophia began before feeling her voice trail off as she turned around. Lily was gone. Looking to her sister, Alexis closed her eyes before shaking her head. She must have left abruptly.

Looking at her two friends, the orange-haired cat girl’s tail waved back and forth happily as she smiled. “Kat met up with the Pretty Lady and Lily last night. We had lots of fun! Well… until the Mean Lady gave Kat a bath…” Her ears drooped slightly until she saw said *Mean Lady* giving her a stern look.

Fidgeting from Claire’s gaze, Kat whimpered before Alexis’s hand covered Claire up much to her relief. She hated that look, it made her feel bad. “We’ll figure this all out back at the Daycare… I think we need to sit down…” Nodding, Sophia soon moved alongside her sister followed closely behind by Kat as they made their way back in the direction they had came.

There was too much information for her to glimpse in either of the girl's minds… no, they needed to tell them what had actually happened last night. And judging by what they had seen so far, it was going to be a long story…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting at one of the tables at the Daycare, both Sophia and Alexis cupped one another’s hand beneath it as they shook in what emotions… they didn’t honestly know. They felt regret… anger… relief… rage… joy… sorrow…and more than anything, remorse.

“And after we left my apartment, well, that’s when you two kind of ran into us... literally.” Claire finally finished slightly tired from the long story itself. They had to have been talking for a couple hours at least. There was just too many things she couldn’t leave out, especially about Lily… well, minus the details that might get her on the little raven-haired child's bad side… wait did she have any other side? Smiling to herself, Claire shook her head already knowing the twins probably knew the little tidbits she had failed to mention considering how shook up they appeared.

It seemed to be considerably more than yesterday when they had opened up to her about what they had done in the first place. Looking up at them now, how they were… it was weird. She had always seen them so composed, so in control. But their bodies were shaking. It was minuscule but after spending so much time around them she could tell their body language now by heart.

What she had gone over had shaken them to their very core. Opening her mouth slowly, Sophia’s tongue came out partially as she wet her lips to speak, but she was at a loss for words. ‘So long… she hid something like this from us… for so long.’ Looking down crestfallen, Alexis nodded.

‘She never came to us when this occurred like Kat had… w-we should have known!’ Clenching their hands tightly, they were soon brought out of their internal berating as they Claire moved over to the hand closest to her.

Sitting down on Alexis’s palm gently, the brunette’s eyes softened. They looked like they were about ready to cry again… “Girls… please don’t do this…” Looking up slowly they both shared a pained gaze to their minuscule lover but her face never faulted in its gentle tone.

“Please don’t blame yourselves like Lily does. No one person is to blame for this. It’s the combined efforts of all of you that made such a situation, to begin with. Pointing fingers and casting accusations won’t fix anything. You just have to take it step by step and learn from this. I have a feeling Lily will.”

Closing their eyes they nodded quietly as they listened to the smaller girls words. It was funny. Even with their expanding knowledge and intellect, true wisdom only came with age. And as much as it bothered them Claire was a bit wiser it seemed.

Sighing, Alexis moved her hand away from her sisters as she wiped down her eyes, small bead of tears having already tried to crawl their way out from her eye ducts. “We have too many flaws to be considered perfect…” Alexis whispered quietly before Sophia’s gazed over to Claire. “But we have too many blessings to be ungrateful either.”

Blushing, Claire looked away sheepishly. Where did they learn these quotes from? “Some of the time, others from experience. And even a couple, from you.” Sophia smiled happily as she moved her hands around Claire to caress her gently.

Shivering at her touch, Claire’s face darkened red as she greedily enjoyed the soft feeling of the girl’s fingertips brushing over her cheek. “So what are Sophie and Alex going to do now?” Blinking, both sisters looked up before fidgeting a bit as they realized they weren’t alone.

Resting her hands on her cheeks, Kats tail flicked back and forth as she sat there not knowing what was going on. “W-We uh… w-we’ll have a meeting about that later… We, apologize for the one-sidedness of our current discussion.” Alexis muttered, her and her sister both rather embarrassed as they got back on track with their surroundings. It wasn’t their fault they were this enamored with the shrunken brunette! They had been up all night worrying about her after all.

Nodding quietly, Kat Looked down at Claire before smiling. “S-So, the pretty lady’s not going anywhere... right?” Pausing, both Sophia and Alexis looked down at Claire before grinning viciously. “Oh no, I believe she’s right where she belongs~.” Sophie purred, startling the smaller girl by the possessiveness in her tone.

“Yaaaaaay!” Kat cheered happily before looking back at Claire. “Do you hear that you get to stay here with us!” Kat chirped with glee. Smiling a small smile, Claire nodded having already known this. Lily was the last obstacle she faced, and now that that was over… well, for the most part, she’d be privy to whatever the twin’s real goals were.

Sharing a glance, both Sophia and Alexis nodded in understanding before the former moved Claire in front of Kat. “Claire, if you wouldn’t mind, please tend to Kat for a while… we… we have something we need to do.” Blinking, the brunette looked back up at the twins but judging by the sorrow filled look they were sharing, she already knew where they needed to be.

“Do what you need to do…” Nodding, Sophie rested Claire down next to their friend before taking leave together. They were needed elsewhere… and this had been a long time coming, if only their arrogance and pride hadn’t gotten the best of them…

It seemed Claire had many purposes for being there… she had changed their friends… and she was changing them as well…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Sitting atop a small tire swing that had been chained to lay flat in the air, Lily sat with her legs inside the wheel well as she kicked the dirt beneath her. She hadn’t a clue what prompted her to come to this location, but it felt right. Alone, secluded, quiet, it gave her time to calm after the events of that morning. She had felt enraged when the twins had collided with her... but, she wasn't sure why anymore.

Staring upwards at the cloudy skies, the raven haired girl took a deep breath before sighing. Feeling the hairs on her neck rise, however, Lily soon grew angry once more. “What… do you two want?” Feeling the tire dip suddenly her eyes lowered as she saw the two who she hated the most sitting across from her filling in the other two spots left on the swing.

Staring back at Lily, both Sophia and Alexis frowned as they felt the anger rolling over her very being, anger for them and what they had done. “Lily… For the past few months, we’ve felt such regret for what has happened between us… and we constantly thought of what had happened to you. Where did we go wrong…”

Glaring, Lily was about to get off the swing till Alexis and Sophia’s hands moved to each her own urging her to stay. “P-P-Please let us speak!” Alexis stammered out somewhat confusing the younger girl. If they wanted her to stay they could force her to. She was strong… but not strong enough to resist both of them at once.

‘Listen…’ Narrowing her eyes, Lily’s legs moved back to the swing as she stared at Alexis’s pleading face and her Sophia’s grim expression. “What could you possibly want to say? Perhaps spit on me for letting your playmate live? Kicking me for showing weakness? What do the great and powerful sister’s outré want with a mire child far beneath them…” Her words were laced with venom not lost to either sibling.

Shaking quietly, Alexis closed her eyes as she tried to control her emotions. “I-I’m sorry…” Narrowing her eyes, Lily was about to stand before she felt Sophia’s grip tighten on her hand. Growling, she glowered harshly at her but the blonde never flinched. This was something Alexis had to let out, and she’d be damned if she let Lily leave while her sister tried to say it.

Sniffling, Alexis wiped away the tears that had fallen now before looking up at Lily in sadness. “P-Please… I, I know I made mistakes. I know you think I ruined your life, b-but I did want to help you!” Wrenching her hand away from Sophia’s iron grip, Lily glared at her as her eyes grew black.

“Look at me…” Raising her head slowly, Alexis visibly flinched as she saw the malice the younger girl revealed towards her. “Do you think… that an apology… will ever… make me forgive you?” Shaking her head slowly, Alexis choked quietly as she tried to speak.

“I… I know… you’ll never forgive me… b-but I have to try and make amends… I have to try and make it up to you somehow… S-So please, just let me help you.” Feeling the air around them suddenly grow dense, Both Sophia and Alexis clutched the tire swing as it began to shake; the pressure around Lily was staggering!

As the metal of the chains began to bend under her grip, Lily soon released it as she growled. “HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT UP TO ME?! YOU, A-AND YOU!” She pointed an accusatory finger to Sophia now before looking back to Alexis.

“Promised me… Promised me you would give me release. To never need to fear again! You told me you would make me stronger, and be free from my burdens… but you lied…” She hissed before slamming her hands on the rubbery base of the tire, they whole chain suddenly snapping as they fell to the ground together.

Silence permitted the air as both Sophia and Alexis looked at Lily, at the face of their friend… their true friend, not the facade she wore for so long. As tears rolled down her cheeks, Lily shut her eyes as she cried. “You made me into a monster… and you gave me a demon I couldn’t control… you just swapped out one prison for another… e-e-everything you said was a lie!” She choked out in pain before feeling a set of hands brush her cheeks.

“You, are not, a monster,” Sophia whispered quietly as Alexis nodded slowly. “You were never one to us.” Slapping their hands away, Lily sniffled as she glared back at them. “W-W-Why did you do it… was it worth it! This whole insane plan of yours?! Ruining my life to reach your own goals quicker!” She snapped before feeling her voice dying off slowly as she saw their faces.

She had been accustomed to pain for so long, but it was always her own pain. She could see it in their eyes, though… their pain. “We meant what we said that day… and we haven’t broken our promise.” Sophia whispered quietly as she cupped Lily’s hand.

“We know we made mistakes, but we’re human too! We can’t get everything right… that’s why we needed you. That’s why we needed everyone! So we would stop making mistakes!” Alexis cried sadly. “Heavy is the crown we bear, but it is not a weight we can bear alone. We need others to help us, and we need you to. Kat, May, Kai, and you Lily, you are our council!” Sophia said sternly as she saw a different look pass over the raven-haired girl's face, surprise.

“We… We never told you about this before… or anyone else for that matter… but…” Sophia's voice quieted to all but a whispered before looking up slowly, a deep sadness in her eyes. “B-But it's past time we came clean. If we can’t trust our friends with our errors, then why should they trust us with their burdens… It’s time we told you, just why it is you are here…”

As Sophia and Alexis went over their tale, Lily’s eyes soon widened to unimaginable proportions as she shook in silence. As the final word was uttered, they both stared to Lily with uncertainty. Shuddering on the broken swing, Lily’s eyes traveled over to the Daycare before she narrowed them.

“B-But why… what did you see that stopped you from doing it… I know you could have… if you really wanted to. Y-You two are…” She trailed off unsure of what to call them. Looking to one another, both Sophia and Alexis smiled warmly as they cupped each other’s hands. “We saw the only thing at the time that could have ever saved us… hope.”

As the three girls grew silent, Alexis made sure not to go into the younger girls mind to figure out what she was thinking. She deserved her privacy on this matter… and she would tell them what she thought when she was ready to.

Keeping her eyes locked onto the daycare, or, more towards who she saw in it, Lily soon closed them as she listened to the voice who now counseled her instead of forced her. Taking a deep breath, Lily’s eyes soon opened, her ashen orbs staring into the blondes crimson ones.

“If she is, as important as you say… why do you need me? Why do you need any of us then.” Frowning, Sophia copied Lily’s form as she sighed in turn. “Alone we are strong… with two or more we are stronger. But with many we are infinite! We need people who can be there for us, people who will help us, lecture us when we do wrong. Console us when we are pained. As amazing as she is, she alone is not what we need…”

Raising her brow, Lily’s eyes soon widened… “You two… are horrific… and terrible people…” Lowering their eyes, the twins nodded knowing this to be true to some extent. “But… you’ve been right thus far… she has guided us. As much as it pains me to say it… If not for her… I’m afraid of what it would have done to me.”

Nodding quietly, Alexis took Lily’s hand once more as she gently stroked her. “I-I know you don’t trust me… or my sister for that matter… but please, know that I never meant to hurt you… Feel it.” Moving Lily’s hand to her chest, the raven-haired girl knew what she meant.

Feeling the gentle pulse of her heart, Lily soon closed her eyes. “I won’t forgive you…” Both Sophia and Alexis grew stiff before looking down in pain. “But…” Blinking, their eyes shifted back to Lily now as they saw a look she hadn’t given them before, at least, not directly. “I think you can still try persuading me to…” Her face was indifferent, almost emotionless… but, there wasn’t a trace of what they had come to know Lily for… hatred.

Feeling her lips tremble, Alexis smiled slowly before lunging forward. Freezing up from the sudden contact that would have made her scream in rage before, Lily was shocked as she felt the blonde’s arms draping her.

“T-T-Thank you… thank you s-so much…” Alexis stuttered out as she felt some of the pain that had solidified over her heart, chip away. She wasn’t forgiven, but she still had a chance to make amends. And she’d do whatever she had to, to get there one day.

Scowling, Lily soon pried Alexis off her before crossing her arms. “So when do you plan on telling her what you told me?” As the happiness they felt came quickly, it soon left just as fast as their mood soured.

“W-We… we will soon… we just don’t know how to tell her yet…” Nodding her head in understanding, Lily soon sighed in exasperation. “The longer you withhold this from her, the harder it will be for her to forgive you… coming from someone who doesn’t like you one way or the other that’s saying something.” Lily’s tone while jocular did, in fact, have meaning to it as well.

Cupping her sister’s hand, Alexis nodded as she saw the same worried expression Sophia wore. “We will both tell her. This is not on you this time.” Sophia said sternly as her sibling nodded in sadness. “We… we should do it now… today. We owe it to her…”

Nodding her head, both sisters stood up before turning to Lily. “Will you accompany us Lily? We plan on telling the others and we’d like you to be a part of this as well, even if you know the truth now too.” Frowning, Lily closed her eyes before standing.

“Fine.” As the three girls moved back towards the daycare, a growing sense of foreboding soon washed over Sophia and Alexis. The upcoming events… might very well unravel the long woven plan they had strived so long to create… and if it did… the costs would be much greater than they were in the past…

 

And much greater than they could possibly ever bear in the future…

 

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“Jeez, you’re freaking insane! There’s no way I can look at you in the same light now.” Kai laughed as she May and Kat all sat at one of the circular tables in the daycare, Claire currently scowling in the center of the three girls.

“Come on Kai, it really wasn’t as bad as I made it sound… s-s-sure I was scared… but once I got to know her a little better, Lily wasn’t really as bad as I thought she was.” Snorting, Kai laughed even louder as she banged her hand on the table as if she had heard one of the funniest things in her life.

Nodding her head quietly, May sat with her hands cupped as she twiddled her fingers in a worried manner. “W-Well I have to agree… Lily is a meanie… She likes to pick on all the cute little tinies and never treats them nicely. I was scared when Kat told me this too.” The pinkette chimed in a saddened tone in her voice.

Smiling warmly up at the gentle giant, Claire shook her head before scooching around to face her. “You all think so little of her but Lily's had it rough, and as hard as it is to believe a lot rougher than any of you… well…” Claire paused before Looking to Kat who was content with swatting at her own tail, the conversation not really new to her in the slightest.

“Most of you I suppose…” Raising her brow, Kai soon leaned in till her face was next to Claire’s. “So spill then, what’s the deal with her? If she’s not a psycho or something I’m going to lose a lot of shrinkies here.” The olive girl whined as she jerked her finger over to Kat who was now looking back at the others in confusion.

Narrowing her eyes, Kai soon inched back in surprise by the icy look she was being given. “Lily has a lot of issues… but if you want to know more you need to ask her. I made a promise not to say anything to any of you.” Claire crossed her arms firmly.

“So should Kat not tell them about it either?” Kat asked offhandedly before hissing in surprise as both May and Kai soon swarmed in front of her. “Wait you know something we don’t?!”, “C-C-Could you tell us to please?” Fidgeting from the surprise third-degree she was being given by her friends, the little Neko looked to Claire but one look told her all she needed to know.

Cupping her mouth and folding her ears downward, Kat soon hummed loudly as she tried to tune out Kai and Mays plee's. “Aww come on! I wanna know too!” Kai protested till she heard someone behind her clear her throat loudly.

Growing pale along with May, both girls soon turned around before freezing up as they saw the one who they had been questioning standing over them with an intense glare. “Is there something you’d like to say, Kaia?” Lily whispered venomously.

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, Kai looked away. “N-No, no… j-just wanting to know how life’s going for you is all…” Scoffing, Lily turned to Claire before smiling. “I’m quite content, thank you for asking. But I’ll be needing this now.”

Eeping in surprise as she was picked up, Claire looked at Lily confused but she was already walking away leaving the other three completely lost in what just happened. “L-L-LILY I DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING, I-I SWEAR!” the brunette stammered with fear before noticing the more relaxed look she was being given.

“I’m well aware… and you better keep it that way too.” Gulping, Claire nodded before cupping her hands in her lap, a bit scared to speak as is. Looking around confused, her curiosity soon got the better of her. “S-So… where are we headed…?”

Saying nothing as she walked, Lily soon moved to the back of the Daycare to a familiar corner of the room Claire had grown quite accustomed to, along with its other inhabitants. Looking to Lily, both Sophia and Alexis remained silent as the raven haired girl set Claire down in front of them before sitting down herself, if a bit farther away from them.

Staring back at the twins now, Claire soon sighed in relief being near them before something occurred to her. Blinking she looked to Lily before looking back at the blondes, the silence becoming somewhat painful now.

“S-S-So… d-did everything get taken care of that needed to be…?” Crossing her arms, Lily glared at the twins but soon sighed in return. “We’ve come to an understanding… I’ll leave it at that.” Nodding, Claire soon smiled. Tolerance was a step up from absolute seething hatred. Baby steps!

Sitting herself down now, Claire soon looked back to the twins before frowning. “S-So… what’s up?” Something was off… Looking across at Sophia and Alexis now, Claire soon grew worried. Their eyes were looking elsewhere, no… looking away from her. Did she do something wrong?

As they both blinked simultaneously their eyes shot to her before they frowned. “Y-You’re fine Claire… we… just have some stuff we need to tell you… and, we’re…” Sophia began before feeling her voice betray her.

Cupping her sibling’s hand, Alexis took a deep breath before continuing. “We, are afraid to do so… afraid of how you’ll react to it…” she whispered shrilly, a painful tone unlike any she had heard from them before. Looking up at them now with worry, Claire soon grew anxious.

“Girls… you can tell me anything. I-I mean, why would I get mad? For crying out loud, you shrunk me, kidnapped me and violated me!” She stammered, not so much in anger as in disbelief that something they could tell her could top that.

Frowning, they nodded before glancing to Lily. “Where are the others?” Looking away bitterly, Lily remained silent before Alexis sighed. Tapping the table for a few moments, the other three girls soon rushed into the room with worry.

“W-What did you need Alexis?” Kai asked in surprise. She usually didn’t get a voice call like that in her mind… let alone all three of them at once. Raising her hand, she pointed to the other three chairs at the table before they nodded.

 Sitting down respectfully, all present soon looked to the twins as they saw a foreign look present on their faces. “Thank you all for being here… one week ago we proposed an idea you are all aware of. This was to let, and adult, into our group. And you’ve all met her accordingly.” Sophia announced as she waved to Claire who suddenly blushed having been put on some type of judging bench as she was looked at by everyone.

“I’d like to say, she has well proven herself, has she not?” Receiving a quick round of nods by everyone including Lily, their eyes all traveled away from the smaller girl as they looked to their leaders. “Well… now that she knows you… it’s time for you to get to know her. And after that…” Sophia paused before shaking her head.

“W-We’ll get to that soon enough… but what my sister's trying to say…” Alexis paused like her sibling had before looking to Claire now who was suddenly worried by what Sophia had implied. “Is that its time you told them the truth.”

As all the girls looked to Claire now, the little brunette gulped fully aware of what they were asking her to do. “B-B-But I…” Stuttering speechlessly, Claire felt beads of sweat build up on her brow. This had caught her completely off guard. No preparation, no warnings… why so suddenly?

‘Because you can trust us, Claire.’ Looking up to Alexis with sadness, the blonde nodded reassuringly. ‘If there is anyone you could trust more with your troubles, tell us now. Tell us who would be more understanding, then the very people you helped with theirs.’

Closing her eyes, Claire soon nodded. She had a point… but still, this was going to hurt. Taking a deep breath, the shrunken worker soon turned her attention to all present before opening her mouth. “I… I guess it’s time then… time you all know a little more about me. Like Sophia and Alexis said… Its time I told you why I came here, and where I came from.”

As all girls looked up at her with interest now, they said nothing. This had been something they had been interested about as well but it had never come up when they had briefly spoken with her. She had always been one step ahead of them, dealing with their problems… but, it didn’t seem like that was the case anymore. It was time for them to truly meet, Claire Abernathy.

 

Taking a deep breath, Claire calmed her nerves before opening her eyes to speak.

 

 

“I guess to tell you about myself… we’ll have to go a bit back…. Back to the very beginning that is…”

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

End Notes:

Thank you all once again for reading. I, I know this story is reaching its peak soon, and when it does i hope you all understand something that i've been trying to make apparent, but, we'll see.

I can't promise i'll have anything new any time soon, it took me longer this time to make time for writing but i won't stop.

So I hope, but won't say it, that i'll be back here with another chapter soon.

See you guys around.

The calm before the storm by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Whistles loudly...

 

This sure did take awhile xD

 

Welcome back all, it's been awile. I hope I wasn't gone to long. This chapter took the longest by far out of all the others to write and for good reason. I think you all know what to expect from this one and i hope it answers some of the questions you might have.

I had to constantly go back and forth with it as I fought to tell it but... i think it's time.

 

Please enjoy :)

(Four years ago…)

 

 

Tears streamed down Claire’s cheeks as she ran. Ran away from her best friend… ran away from the shame she felt… the pain… the sorrow… Crying loudly as she shook her head, the brunette went to the only place she could think of to be truly alone in her misery.

As she came to a small park, she ran past the tree line before coming to a small lake next to it. Sniffling as she wiped away her tears, Claire quickly moved to a large oak tree centered next to the body of water before climbing up a small branch at the base.

Almost like steps carved into the tree itself, she soon reached the top before walking down a small pathway someone had built on here many years ago. She didn’t know who did it but after she found this little hidden tree dock she knew it would be her place to go whenever life got her down… but, that might have been an understatement for what had just happened tonight.

Jumping off the branch, she landed softly on the small walkway before looking out over the lake. Moving to the edge, the brunette sunk to her knee’s before burying her face in them. ‘D-Damn it… damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!’

Crying out in pain, she wailed loudly, aware that no one around would hear her here. Sniffling as her tears dripped down from her cheeks into the murky waters below her, she watched the lake ripple before she shook her head.

“Why… Why did you say that…?” Why had Brittney acted like that? T-They were friends… Sure it had to have come as a shock… but to openly call her disgusting and make her leave? Gritting her teeth, Claire shook her head angrily. Not at her friend… but at herself.

“D-Damn it…” She whimpered once more, the only thing she could say at this point was that. She had probably ruined one of the seldom friendships she even had… and all on accident. ‘I… I didn’t tell her right… I… I should have waited…’

She should have just kept it inside… it was quite clear to her now that her friend only saw her as a friend… they didn’t see one another the same, she should have realized that. Sputtering as she wiped down her face, Claire soon fell over as she laid on the wooden dock in despair.

‘W-W-What do I do now…’ She was lost. Whenever she had troubles… Brittney was the first person she went to, to talk about them… they never had a fight like this before. ‘F-Family…?’ Scoffing, Claire shook her head in anger.

Her family… wasn’t exactly the best of choices. She was a middle child with a younger and older sister. Her older sister seemed to think of her as a parasite instead of a sibling, and her younger one was pampered and snotty towards her. She would deliberately try to argue with her because of their parents and how they favored her side more often than naught.

While she did love her mom and dad… it was impossible not to notice the favoritism in her family. Both her mother and father kept her younger sister sheltered like some type of porcelain doll, and the moment something *bad* happened, it was never her fault.

Sighing, Claire shook her head in sadness. If she went to her family, her parents probably would be to preoccupy with her to even care about her little mistake… and her older sister would simply laugh at her and make fun of her for it.

Hell, she’d probably get whipped in the process. Scowling at the spankings she recalled when she was younger, Claire shivered. Her parents were very close minded… especially towards… certain, types of people. They wouldn’t approve or tolerate what she had done or how she saw her friend.

Gulping silently, the brunette closed her eyes before taking a deep breath, attempting to calm her nerves in the process. Her family couldn’t know about this… Thinking about her other friends, however, Claire soon grimaced.

She had a total of three, one being Brittney, who after tonight might not be one anymore. The problem with her other two, however, was the fact they had known Brittney before her. If she tried talking to them about it, they’d probably just take her side…

‘What side, it was an accident!’ Growling, Claire’s hand balled into a fist as she banged it on the wooden dock. She knew this… m-maybe if Brittney did… then things could go back to normal… Blinking slowly, Claire soon leaned up before sitting up properly, some of her distress having left her for the moment.

Wiping away her lingering tears, Claire looked out over the lake before sighing silently. “C-Calm down… you can fix this Claire… you can!” She told herself confidently, some of it false, but she knew she needed to think positive or else she’d end up tearing up once more.

Feeling herself shaking steadily, Claire soon looked down at her hand before pouting. She was shivering with fear… doubt still racked her mind and she knew it. ‘You have to try…’ Nodding slowly, Claire smiled sadly.

She had to talk to somebody… if she didn’t, she’d explode! She just felt so much pain and sadness, and confusion, and… and… Shaking her head, the brunette chuckled sadly. She hadn’t a clue what she felt actually. It was like she couldn’t even decide on what troubled her more.

Looking back over the water, Claire soon calmed like she had wanted to as she watched the gentle breeze of the night washing over the surface. She had left Brittney’s house at dusk and judging how dark outside it was she had probably been here for an hour.

Flopping on her back, Claire stared up at the full moon as she looked at its white silhouette. “Tonight was supposed to be the night…” Feeling tears beginning to fall once more, Claire soon closed her eyes and just laid there.

 

She knew what she had to do… but, for now, she had to just stay put, and let her anguish out on its own. She could fix this… but she had to fix herself first.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Stepping onto her porch quietly, her curfew having long passed, Claire took a deep breath before opening her front door. She was calmed… well, calmer than earlier. She gave herself plenty of time to think, plenty of time to plan.

She was going to go to Brittney’s house first thing in the morning before school, and just explain what had happened. Apologize, make it up to her. She wasn’t ready to lose her friend over something like this. As much as it hurt her… she would give up her feelings for her as long as they could go back to the way they were before.

As she stepped into her house, making sure to gently close the door as to not wake anyone, Claire made it about ten steps before the Livingroom light she was currently sneaking past clicked on. Freezing up like a deer in the headlights, Claire slowly turned her head before paling.

Sitting on the couch in the living room, was her mom and her dad… and they… looked… pissed. Gulping, the brunette lowered her head in shame before walking over towards them, well aware that she had broken one of the few rules they had given her.

Standing in front of her parents, Claire’s eyes traveled over them as she observed their features. For her father, the man sat with one of his legs resting across his lap, his arms crossed sternly as he scowled at her, a silent anger rolling off of him she could feel directed directly at her.

He was middle aged, about 40 in appearance. He had brown hair and a trimmed beard with light flakings of gray dotted in. He was currently wearing a pair of matching pajamas indicating something had either woken him up or more accurately he had been waiting for her to come home this whole time and never went to sleep, to begin with.

Directing her gaze towards her mother, Claire shivered with just as much fear. With similar attire as her father, the younger woman being about 36 in age was next to the wall where she had turned on the light for them. Her long blonde hair currently rolled up like she did most nights before she went to sleep with her dad.

Looking back to her dad in silence, his hand soon rose as he pointed to the dining room chair they must have brought in at some point that night… specifically for her, it seemed. Sighing, she walked over towards it slowly before sitting down in worry. Unable to meet their gaze for some reason, Claire silently clenched her hands as she waited for the verbal assault sure to follow.

Her parents were never lenient with their lectures and this was shaping up to be a long one. “Well. Do you have anything to say for yourself?” The older man asked quietly as he gave her a dark look. Licking her lips to speak, Claire sighed before shaking her head.

“N-No dad… I, I just lost track of time I guess… I’m so sorry for staying out so late, I-It won’t happen again.” Claire whispered quietly. It seemed like her dad was really pissed this time which was somewhat surprising. She was usually pretty good at keeping her curfew intact and-“

“Do you think this is funny?!” Her father snapped loudly drawing Claire’s attention back. “W-W-What?” The brunette stammered in confusion. Standing up angrily, the man looked down at his daughter before gritting his teeth.

“Don’t try to make jokes out of this, Brittney called and told us everything that happened!” He barked. Feeling the confusion leave her instantly, Claire soon paled. ‘N-N-No…’ she didn’t want them to find out… not like this…

“I… I…” Claire whispered as she tried to speak, her voice coming and going on its own as she tried to recompose herself. “How could you do something like that to your friend?! What on earth was going through your mind young lady?!” He screamed loudly at her causing the brunette to feel tears welling up in her eyes once more.

“I-I-It… was an accident…” Claire croaked out in all but a hushed whisper. Looking at her enraged now, the older man moved his hand up to Claire’s head before pushing her chin up so she was looking directly at him. “Accident?! How do you accidently molest your best friend?!” He screamed in rage.

Freezing up, Claire’s expression went blank now as she looked up at her father, her mind suddenly not working as she processed what he had just said. “W-W-When… when I what…?” Letting go of her chin, her father paced back and forth shaking his head.

“This, this is unacceptable. Why… why would you do something like this?” He asked more in his own shock then as an actual question. As Claire heard her father rambling on and on about what she had done, each word… felt like a small sinker, slowly being attached to her body, pulling her quicker, and quicker, towards the despair coming all back to her at once.

“And after all that you had to be thrown out because you wouldn’t leave?! What the hell was wrong with you!” As the man finally finished, Claire’s expression was lifeless as she heard the tale her father just told her… the tale Brittney… had told him.

How she had come onto her while they watched a movie together… a smutty film to course her into the mood… then how she tried to feel her up to speed things along… and finally when she was asked to stop and leave… how she tried to assault her before she was thrown out.

Shaking her head in disbelief that her friend would lie about something like this, let alone say it behind her back, Claire’s mouth simply hung agape… no words uttered. She was just… speechless. ‘B-B-But… but I, I didn’t do any of that…’ Looking towards her mother as she saw her crying, Claire shook her head once more.

“I… I didn’t…” Pausing, her father looked back at her before scowling. “You didn’t what young lady! Think about the consequences of your actions!” Shaking her head again, Claire soon began to cry as she felt the pain suddenly break away from her, the pain she was trying desperately to hold back.

“I DIDN’T, DO, ANY OF THAT!” Claire shrieked. Crossing his arms sternly, her father scowled at her as his eyes narrowed. “Then tell us what did happen!” Attempting to speak, Claire soon cried harder. She could tell them the truth… she wanted to. But the betrayal she felt right this second, was just too much for her to bear.

“You’re grounded until further notice. There will be consequences for this.” Not even giving her time to speak, her father roughly grabbed her by her arm before pulling her into the hallway and towards her room. “Go to your room and stay there until we come and get you in the morning… This… this is just appalling…” He muttered in disgust before forcing Claire into her bedroom.

As her door slammed shut, Claire soon fell to her knees, her pain simply too much. Pain from her actions… pain from her friend's actions… pain from her family’s actions… and pain from not knowing what to do now…

She had planned on explaining things to Brittney in the morning… but it became clear to her now… whatever friendship they had before, died tonight… and it hurt her…

 

 

It hurt…

 

 

It hurt so much…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Stepping into her classroom a pale as the night before, Claire’s eyes traveled over her classmates as she kept her vision focused on the one person she had been searching for. Sitting in the center of the classroom, was Brittney, and all around her were others… her other friends… her other classmates… even, even the teacher.

As she walked into the class, however, all eyes suddenly locked onto her… and the room got very, very quiet. Locking eyes with her best friend… Ex, best friend… she could feel a feeling of rage being directed at her from the look she was being given… but, she didn’t know why.

Why did she take It this badly… why was she lying about it to her family… and most likely to the rest of the class now considering all the dark looks and glares she was being given. Taking a few tentative steps forward towards her desk, an elder woman who taught the class stepped in front of her before pointing away from the others present. “Miss Abernathy, I think it's best you move to a different seat.” Looking to the corner of the room, multiple tables away from everyone else, Claire made no complaints… no laden words as she shifted her gaze back and forth from person to person… and eventually back to Brittney herself.

Looking up at her teacher in silence, Claire uttered no noise, no complaint, and simply moved towards the desk she had been presented. She was never very vocal when it came to these kinds of things. She always favored being quiet and reserve… but, she’d have to speak up at some point. She’d have to explain what had really happened. Give her side of the story and defend her pride… and, other things.

Sitting down at her new desk, Claire’s eyes traveled to Brittney once more, who seemed to not be able to meet her gaze now. “Claire! Eyes up here.” Her teacher snapped loudly drawing the brunette’s attention back to her. As the class soon began, Claire’s silence and anger grew with every minute.

Everywhere she looked… she could see hateful glances… hear snide remarks under people's breath… and feel the loneliness of true separation. Everyone was keeping their birth from her… and it stung her…

 

It stung her more than anything… knowing that no matter what she said at this point… nothing would fix, what she had broken…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Walking slowly down the crowded hallways of her school, Claire’s eyes turned to anyone… to everyone… but no matter where she turned… she was ostracized for what had happened. She was alone. Trembling with emotions of unknown, Claire soon moved to the northern staircase leading to the upper half of the building as she saw a specific cliché of people she had endeavored to stay as far away from as possible… but, at this point, she didn’t care. She just wanted contact with someone else… even if she knew how this would play out…

Climbing the stairs, both girls and guys stepped aside upon seeing her, the rumor having already made its way across the entire school, as they gave Claire room to pass. As she reached a small landing between the first and second floor, the brunette looked at a girl in particular who she avoided more than anyone else in the entire school… no, life in general.

She had long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. Dressed in all black, along with other adornments such as black nails and lips, the girl seemed rather dark in appearance. She wore a lacy spider web printed skirt and a striped black and white shirt with a black mini jacket over it. Coming up to her knees was a pair of black knee socks, one deliberately shorter than the other to throw off the symmetry.  With multiple tattoos and rings on her arms and fingers as well, her look was definitely that of Gothic appearance or at least punk from what she thought.

 As the blonde’s eyes landed on Claire, she soon grinned… however it wasn’t a smile like she was happy to see her, more, amused she was even present at all. “Well, well, you’re not here to *molest* me now to are you Claire-bear?” Blushing heavily from the name she despised, Claire wanted to snap at the girl… but she bit her tongue.

She had no one else to talk to, everyone ignored her pleas when she begged to tell them what had happened last night. “I… I didn’t, I didn’t touch her Audrey… I didn’t!” Smirking, the blonde now known as Audrey chuckled before making a waving motion with her hands. Like sheep following their leader, the various assortments of Goth kids and others soon headed up the stairs until it was just her, and Claire.

Pushing off the wall she had been leaning her back against, Audrey smiled condescendingly before circling Claire slowly, predatorily. “Well, no shit. Please… you, touching another person?” The blonde stifled a laugh before shaking her head. “God, the look on your face when Mom and Dad told you what you did… Jeez, I wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. If it was anything like what I came home to this morning, it would have made, my, day.” The blonde giggled uncharacteristically to what she was dressed like.

“Please…” Pausing from her fit of laughter; Audrey looked to Claire before her expression soured as she saw tears welling up in her eyes. “Oh quit it already, I don’t want to see the waterworks, I got enough of that when you were a kid... well, a smaller kid.” The blonde sighed before moving over to the staircase.

“Please… j-just let me explain…” Claire whimpered out through her clenched eyes. She had to tell someone… she had to give her side of the story. She… she couldn’t hold it in any longer! It was eating her from the inside out. Everyone ignoring her… Shunning her. She wanted to curl up in a ball and weep. It just hurt too much… Pausing mid-step, the blonde cast a dark look over her shoulder at the crying girl.

“And why should I even give you the time of day? I have things to do to you know. Ditch a couple classes; grab a smoke with some friends, huh, you don’t any more of those, now do you? Tell me, why should I fit you into my, busy schedule. Can’t, can you?” The blonde retorted snidely. Feeling her throat clench up, Claire grit her teeth as she stared at the older girl angrily. “P-Please…” Scoffing, the blonde turned to leave once more till Claire finally found her voice.

“YOU’RE MY SISTER!” Pausing again, Audrey sighed before looking over her shoulder darkly. “PLEASE AUDREY! I, I DON’T HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO GO TO… T-The whole school is somehow against me. In class, I’m shunned… during lunch, everyone sat away from me. For god’s sakes, even in the gym, everyone ran ahead of me!” Claire cried out in anger. “I… I tried to talk to Brittney… but, but no one would let me near her! The teachers stopped me from approaching her and all of my… my friends told me to get away from her…” Claire whispered shrilly, her voice cracking from the pain she was experiencing.

“Everyone… e-everybody… t-they won’t listen to me! B-B-But I didn’t do any of it!” Claire shrieked. All day she had heard of all the horrific things she had tried to do to Brittney and none of it was true! Crossing her arms, the gothic blonde stepped down from the staircase before glaring silently at her younger sibling.

“Listen up Claire, because I’m only going to say it once. Shit happens.” Feeling her words sting a bit, Claire looked up at her older sister speechlessly. “You need to shrug it off. For fuck's sake, don’t cry about it and whine like the little bitch I know you are. Grow up. People lie all the time, and you’re just going to have to deal with that now, and for the rest of your life, up until the day you die.” Audrey whispered coldly before turning her back to her sister.

“I told you this back in middle school and it still stand’s now. Don’t speak to me, don’t come near me, and don’t act like you know me. As far as anyone’s concerned, you’re not my sister… See ya later, Claire-bear.” She whispered darkly before walking up the stairs to rejoin her friends.

As her sister left, Claire stood frozen in the same place she had been before her legs began to shake beneath her. Stumbling backward, Claire thumped her back against the wall she hadn’t been facing before she suddenly fell down.

Sliding to the floor, Claire’s whole body shook as tears streamed down her cheeks. That was it… there was no one else… Her friends betrayed her… her family all but disowned her… and her sister still hated her… hated her so much, that she wouldn’t even listen to what she had to say…

 

 She was alone…

 

There was no one else… no light in the darkness… she was utterly, and hopelessly… alone…

 

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

(2 months later…)

 

 

Splash –

 

Splash! –

 

SPLASH! –

 

 

Claire watched the water in front of her ripple as she reached next to her to pick up another stone. Pulling her arm back, she flicked the rock across the water before it splashed into it causing more and more gentle waves to appear. It had a calming effect on her.

Reaching next to her again, Claire’s hand soon made contact with the wooden dock she was sitting on before she looked down. ‘Huh… I thought I had more…’ Shrugging in silence, she lowered her back onto the dock before looking upwards instead, her face a former shell of what it used to be.

Since… since it all started, her hair had grown out more. Her eyes held a darker coloring to them, especially beneath her lids. And her overall personality… was nonexistent anymore. After word got out from the school about what had supposedly happened… it didn’t take long for the rest of her town to find out about it.

That’s what happens in such a small, rural area sadly… everyone knows everything… and her story was the talk of the town… along with her. Closing her eyes, Claire breathed slowly as she turned her emotions off. She had been conditioning herself for weeks, and it was finally paying off.

The dark, resentful pain she had felt, was now just a gentle covering. At least when she was alone… Everyone in town… her town, the town she had grown up in, lived in… they all talked badly about her. Yet none of them even bothered to ask her what had really happened. No one let her defend herself… they just judged her blindly.

Opening her eyes, Claire seethed in rage. Anger was all she ever felt anymore… she was never happy. Never content. Never, anything… Once the sadness left her, rage was all that stayed behind. ‘Misery certainly does love my company…’ Leaning up slowly, Claire looked to her side before grabbing her drink.

On either side of her sat a small plate of cookies she had bought, and a few cans of her favorite soda. It was surprising she was even able to buy them at all. Her parents had cut her off from allowance, and it was only by her dumb luck she managed to save anything up before this whole thing started.

She had planned on saving up more, so maybe one day… she could leave this place… but, that was a just a fairy tale. She had been in the process of searching for work… before this, all began, but after her little scandal, no one would hire her.

They all despised her. Her family… her classmates… her neighbors… her town’s men. Hell… it even seemed like the animals avoided her now too. Chuckling, Claire shook her head. Humor, she missed that. Taking a deep breath, Claire sighed before taking a bite of one of her cookies.

As she rinsed it down thoroughly, Claire looked down at her watch before smiling sadly. It was just about evening… just about time for her to get out of school and her curfew to take effect like it had every day since it began. She had ditched… An act like this would have been appalling to her in the past, but what did she care… it’s not like her future mattered anymore.

‘I care for nothing…’ Lowering her gaze back to the water, Claire nodded once more. She cared little for a family who abandoned her. Her parents tried to go as far as to even *cure her* of her so-called disease by taking her to therapists and churches…

Clenching her fists, Claire felt something traveling down her cheek but she refused to acknowledge her tears. She had stopped crying a few weeks back, and she didn’t want to begin again.  She cared nothing for her so called friends…

Friends who lied about her… friends who left her side… friends who spread rumors, bad mouthed her and laughed at her… No, she had no friends. She cared… about no one… and this was all she could do to get by… until now.

 

Drip…

 

 

Drip…

 

 

Drip…

 

 

Drip…

 

 

Clenching her teeth, Claire finally wiped her tears away before glaring at her reflection in the rippling water. And finally… she cared nothing, for herself. Reaching for her soda, she quickly finished off the rest of her can before tossing it aside.

Taking a deep breath, Claire whimpered as she moved her hand towards her pocket. ‘Nothing left…’ She had nothing left in life. No friends… no family… nobody. She was alone. As she moved her hand around she soon gripped what she was looking before.

‘No one cares…’ No one did. She had thought they did at first. Some guys showed her sympathy, but it became clear almost instantly what their intentions were. Some wanted to take advantage of her vulnerability… others, as some type of conquest. Flip the dyke, they laughed in the hallways when they talked…

She could hear everything now… she was no longer blind to their words. Pulling her hand back slowly, Claire soon cupped what she was carrying as she felt more tears stain her cheeks. ‘No work…’ Job after job was rejected… all because of the words of others…

She had nothing to keep her going… she had tried… tried so hard to find hope. But, it had abandoned her just like everyone else. She was alone… deserted… martyred… imprisoned… and there was no way out… until now.

Feeling her breaths coming out more rugged now, Claire soon opened her hand as she looked down at the small, metallic object she had been concealing in her jeans. Resting in her hands… was a small switch blade which she had… borrowed, from her older sister’s purse.

As her fingers traced the outline of the little knife, Claire soon moved her thumb to the button before it clicked open to reveal its shiny surface. Running her finger over the blade, Claire soon flinched before looking down at her finger.

‘Huh…’ She was bleeding. It didn’t hurt her as much as she expected it to. This would make things easier… closing her eyes, Claire soon held her breath before moving one hand out and gripping the knife tightly in her other as she shook with fear. ‘No escape… no future…’ As more tears ran down her cheeks, Claire shook her head.

There was no other way. She couldn’t run away again… she tried… and failed. Her parents knew what she was doing and punished her. She couldn’t save up money… and, she couldn’t steal any either… she tried… but she just couldn’t. It was against her nature. She was already falsely accused of something she wasn’t… and she wasn’t about to justify all of their words.

But… she couldn’t live like this anymore… day by day… moment by moment. Watching her every action, her every word. Constantly judged from all corners of the town, from her family… from her peers… from everything!

 

SHE JUST COULDN’T LIVE WITH IT ANYMORE!

 

Whimpering as the blade began to dig into her wrist, Claire clenched her eyes shut not wanting to see what happened next… As she felt the first sting of the knife beginning to kiss her skin, Claire cried loudly as she tried to follow through what she had already started. She had to see it through… until the very… end…

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

Screaming in fright, Claire jumped before gasping as the blade suddenly slipped from her trembling hand. As she pawed at it in the air it soon, like the stones had earlier, splashed into the waters beneath her… before sinking down into the bottom of the lake, and away from sight entirely…

Looking at her only way out, beginning to abandon her… Claire soon grew enraged. Glaring daggers behind her, Claire rose angrily but… whatever wrath she felt from her attempted release… was suddenly vanquished as she looked upon the face of who had startled her in the first place.

Sitting up on the tree edge that rose over the dock… was a little girl. She had light auburn hair tied in small pigtails, and a thick layer of freckles dusting her cheeks. Wearing a small red and white dress, the little girl soon wiggled on her wooden seat before adjusting herself properly. As she jumped down from the branch she had climbed over she soon looked back at Claire confused.

“What were you doing? You looked real sad.” The girl called out quietly before her eyes widened. “Miss your bleeding!” Blinking a few times by the strange accent in her voice, possibly southern? No, she couldn’t place it… Claire was caught off guard by the girl running over to her.

As her hand was lifted up, Claire suddenly regained her composure before yanking her arm away from the little girl. “G-Get away!” the brunette snapped as she glared at her. She hated children. Especially children this age… they reminded her of her little sister…

Batting away the hostility, the little girl reached into her dress before pulling something out. “Here, cover it!” Looking down at her confused, Claire glanced at her wrist where the small cut she had made was beginning to leak out before directing her attention to what the child was handing her.

As she stared down at the small band aid in her hand, Claire’s lips slowly started to twitch. What began as a slight chuckle soon turned into full blown laughter as Claire shook her head in disbelief. W-Was this some kind of joke!? Interrupted from what had been her way out from this hell, and now life was even taunting her in the form of this child?!

‘W-What… what the hell’s going on?’ Claire smiled in amusement. Feeling her eyes suddenly watering, Claire soon began to shake. Feeling the mirth leave her instantly, the brunette suddenly sunk to her knees before gritting her teeth.

‘Why… why… stop me… why…’ She didn’t know what life wanted from her anymore, it already took away everything else! She… she just wanted it to end… but even now… it wanted her to feel even more pain… what cruel act did she ever commit to deserve something like this…

Feeling her hand lifted upwards, Claire ignored it this time as she continued to cry. She just wanted it all to end… all her pain… all her suffering… everything… and even now she was being spat on… how much longer would this go on…

As she felt something gently rubbing against her skin, Claire soon opened her eyes before looking down despairingly. Kneeling next to Claire, the little ginger-haired girl used her dress to wipe off her blood before pulling off the ends of the band aid she had.

Putting it over her cut, the toddler looked over her work before grinning. “All better! Oh wait,” she stopped before leaning down and giving the mark on her wrist a kiss. As she stared down at the little girl hollow of any emotions, Claire soon pulled her hand away before closing her eyes again.

“T-Thanks…” Her voice was all but a whisper, but, the little girl didn’t seem to care. Giggling, she nodded before her expression soon soured. “Does it still hurt?” Wetting her lips, Claire, moved her hand over her wrist as she traced the outline of the bandaid.

“Y-Yeah… it still hurts… it never stopped hurting…” She muttered back, unsure of why she was even playing along at this point. As a gentle warmth soon surrounded her, Claire looked down again in confusion. “W-Why… why are you hugging me?”

Pulling the larger girl into her, the little redhead smiled as she tightened her hold. “My Mom always says hugs and kisses help when we hurting, so I’m giving you a hug to feel better.” She chirped almost as if her sentence made perfect sense to anyone else.

Feeling her lips twitch, Claire nodded as she closed her eyes. “Y-You’re… Your mother… sounds like a smart woman…” As the two sat there for about five minutes, the little girl never letting go of Claire as she hugged her continuously, the brunette… felt something. Something that had been foreign to her, for many weeks now… As a light trail of tears traveled down her cheeks, Claire’s eyes opened as she lifted her hands up slowly. They were shaking… trembling. What was this feeling?

Moving them around the little girl, in turn, Claire soon hugged her back before closing her eyes again… but, the feeling was getting stronger now. “Does it still hurt?” Nodding in silence, Claire croaked out quietly as she felt her tears increase.

Moving the brunette's hand to her face again, the little girl gave the band aid another kiss before hugging her hand. “How about now?” Shuddering, Claire soon pulled the little girl tighter into her as she sobbed loudly. What had she almost done…?

Looking up at Claire confused, the little redhead moved her hands up to the brunette’s cheeks before she began wiping away her tears. “Don’t cry, I’m sorry!” Feeling her breath hitch, Claire looked down at the little toddler shocked.

“Y-Y-You think… I-I’m crying… b-because of you…?” As she nodded, Claire soon cried harder as she hugged the little girl tighter. “N-N-No… No, I-it’s not your f-f-fault… I… I just…” Claire tried to speak but her voice was leaving her.

It was coming back to her, though… not her voice… but what had been taken from her long ago... Her feelings. Greif… sadness… remorse… she had locked them away… but, they were coming back out. It hurt! Crying loudly, Claire shook her head as she let go of the confused little girl.

Cupping her shoulders as she shivered, Claire whimpered in pain as she tried to control herself. She just couldn’t stop crying, though… it wouldn’t stop. “Annabelle?” Looking up slowly, both Claire and the little redhead looked to the top of the tree where she had climbed over before and older woman soon crawled up.

“Hi, momma!” The younger girl yelled out before waving to the woman above them. Jumping down in front of them, Claire looked up slowly as she saw a woman she had never seen before. She had long red hair much like her daughters pulled behind her head with a scrunchy. Wearing a pair of jeans and a simple checked green shirt, she left little on for décor.

As she smiled upon finding her daughter who had run off to explore the new park they had found her eyes soon landed on the crying girl next to her before she grew confused. “Oh, did you find yourself a little friend sweetie?” Nodding quickly the younger girl who Claire assumed was Annabelle smiled before she moved over to Claire and hugged her once more.

“She was hurt and sad so I’m trying to make her feel better.” Raising her brow, the woman looked down at Claire as she observed her. Puffy eyes, drooping form… not to mention the small band-aid she wore matching the ones she had told her daughter to keep on her.

“Is everything alright? I get the feeling somethin's troublin you. My daughter isn’t bugging ya is she?” She muttered quietly as she continued looking Claire over. As the brunette met the strange woman’s eyes, Claire shook her head unsure of what to say.

“I… I…”, “You got a name?” Blinking, Claire nodded before standing up slowly, her voice quietly finding its way back to her. Feeling the hair on the back of her neck suddenly rise, however, the younger girl looked away, unable to meet the older woman’s gaze any longer.

“I… I should get going…” Stepping out of the little girls arms much to her confusion, Claire tried to step past the redhead before her arm suddenly shot out blocking her. “Now not so fast little missy. From the way I see it, my daughter did you a kind favor. What do you say?” She said sharply.

Looking back at her confused, Claire’s eyes suddenly widened before she looked down at her wrist. “O-Oh, s-s-sorry… Turning around, she kneeled next to Annabelle before putting on a smile as best she could. “T-Thank you… for, this…” she lifted her wrist up showing her, her band-aid she had stuck on earlier.

Giggling, the little redhead nodded before she flung her arms around Claire once more surprising her. “You’re welcome!” shivering, Claire soon smiled… however, this was sincere this time… she was actually smiling. Hugging her back, Claire soon stood once more before waving to the little girl.

As she turned to leave again, however, she was blocked once more by the older woman’s arms. Glancing to her daughter, the woman smiled before looking back towards Claire. “Anne, sweetie, why don’t you invite your new friend of yours over with us? We were just about to have lunch.”

Blinking once, then twice, Claire’s brow furrowed before her hand was suddenly grabbed by the little girls. “Yah! Come with us please!” The little redhead cheered as she tugged on Claire’s arm. Jumping in surprise, Claire was about to say decline before an arm was placed over her shoulders causing her to go rigid.

“Alright, it’s settled then. I think you’re just going to love what I made. It’s a family recipe after all.” The woman began before both her and her daughter pulled Claire along with them much to her chagrin and confusion.

 

What on earth did she just get herself into…?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Feeling her brow beginning to twitch, Claire looked to her left and right silently as the loud commotion around her drowned out anything she could possibly hope to hear otherwise.  After being voluntold to come with the unexpected pair, the brunette suddenly found herself sat down with the woman she now knew to be Kimberly and her daughter Annabelle. However, the fun didn’t end there! Apparently, she was some kind of school teacher or something because all around them were the other classmates of the little redhead…

She… despised, kids. A large part of it was because of how her younger sister acted but what started out as a pain to deal with in the family, turned into a full-blown hatred after she passed by the park near her school a couple months back. Apparently, stories of her horrific acts had reached the children of the town and they saw to it to try and punish her themselves… usually in the form of small rocks or miscellaneous items chucked her way. Reaching up involuntarily, Claire shivered as she felt the light bump on her skull from last week. The pebbles were starting to turn into stones…

But of course, the parents never stopped them either… What did they care that the local pervert was being *taught a lesson*? Sighing, Claire simply shook her head. She had to stop this way of thinking… but, it was rather hard to do that after she practiced shutting everyone out.

Cringing as a pair of children ran by her, Claire glowered in silence as she listened to the constant screams of children all around her. It was getting on her nerves quickly. Looking down at the food that had all but been force fed to her, Claire soon sighed again in defeat before reaching for her plate.

However, whenever she attempted to eat any, usually one of the kids around her would steal stuff off her plate, Annabelle included. Tugging, her plate from left to right and eventually upwards, Claire growled as she tumbled backward, most of her food gone at this point.

“Alright, cut it out already!” Claire finally snapped as she yanked the plate away from a toddler who was trying to play tug-ah-war with her. Chuckling, Kimberly pulled Claire’s plate back over to her before giving her a couple of the miniature sandwiches she had made for the class.

“Somethin tells me you’re not a kid kind of gal, are ya?” Nodding in silent contempt, Claire sighed before finally taking a bite of the food she had been trying to eat for the past fifteen minutes. As she enjoyed her surprisingly good meal, Claire soon lightened up.

Watching the children play, while not with her, was somewhat calming. It might have been because this was her first real interaction with other people in months… but she decided to just enjoy it while it lasted. It wouldn’t be this way much longer...

As the woman watched Claire’s demeanor beginning to change, she soon glanced back to the covered cut on her wrist before scowling. “So… you never got around to telling me your name. Mind if I ask it of ya?”

Feeling all the peace she had suddenly found leave her, Claire’s breath hitched as she looked back at Kimberly. As both stared towards one another, Claire shivered in silent fear. By some grace of god, this woman didn’t already know who she was… but… her name had to have reached her at some point. After all… she was the talk of the town…

Swallowing her food, Claire looked up at the woman’s probing eyes as she weighed her options. She… she could run… but, no… that wasn’t an option… not after she had been so nice towards her. And, and not after what Annabelle did for her…

Glancing at the young girl in question, the brunette sighed. “M-My name… I-I-Is… C-C-Claire…” Raising her brow from the chronic stutter she had suddenly developed, Kimberly racked her brain on why her name sounded like it was poisonous to utter.

As her brain began putting together what she had found out so far, Kimberly’s brow soon rose. “Last name Abby or, Abernathy was it? Something with an A I think. Am I close?” Smiling as she saw Claire’s entire form shrinking as she began to shake, the older woman soon sighed.

“I guess I hit the nail on the head now, didn’t I?” Nodding slowly, Claire soon shut her eyes knowing what was about to come next. She had silently hoped, no, prayed… that this woman didn’t know who she was… but, who she was kidding. Everyone knew who she was… the perverted monster who assaulted a poor, innocent, defenseless girl and tried to- “Well nice to meet ya, Claire.”

Blinking, Claire slowly looked up in confusion. “W-W-What…?” She croaked out, her voice cracking in the process. Hiding her smirk, Kimberly nodded as she moved her hand out towards her. “You know my name but feel free to call me Kim. Anne and I, along with my husband just moved here a couple months ago. Came all the way from Austin Texas.” Kim said proudly before raising her brow as she saw the blank look she was being given.

“Something wrong hon?” Looking up at the older woman speechlessly, Claire simply shook her head not comprehending this conversation, or why this complete stranger was even giving her the time of day. “B-B-But… W-W-Where did… where did you hear my name…?”

Scowling, the redhead scoffed as she ruffled her daughter’s hair. “I was out shopping and you wouldn’t believe what I was hearing. Something about this Abernathy girl and all the stuff they think she’s doing. Stealing, vandalizing, peeping on girls.” Shifting her glance back to Claire, one look told her all she needed to know.

“So obviously you got on people's bad sides somehow. Mind if I inquire?” Lowering her gaze, Claire weighed her options once more. She, she didn’t have to say anything… maybe she could save face, if only a little. But knowing the rumors spreading around now, it was only a matter of time till Kim found out the very first one that started it all.

Shifting her eyes away, Claire soon closed them as she licked her lips to speak. “I… I did something stupid… A-A-And… and now everyone hates me b-because of it.” Claire whispered quietly, her voice beginning to break as she felt a deep regret for what had happened. It was painful to pull the patch right off the wound she thought she had covered up.

Nudging her daughter up, Kim smiled at the little girl before pointing towards some of the other kids waving at her. Giggling the little girl got up before running off with her friends. Now alone, however, the redhead’s expression darkened.

“I can see this is bothering ya, so if you don’t want to tell me anything else that’s fine. Just answer one thing for me. Can ya do that for me, Claire?” Looking up slowly, the brunette nodded as she saw the stern look she was being given.

“Did you do whatever you did to hurt someone on purpose?” With widened eyes, Claire quickly shook her head. “W-W-What?! N-N-No! I, I mean… I think I hurt her feelings… b-b-but…” Claire trailed off before lowering her gaze. “I d-didn’t mean to do it…”

Nodding, Kim soon smiled before patting Claire on the shoulder. “We’ll I heard enough then.” Looking up at the older girl, Claire soon saw something she had been remorseful of losing after this had all began… concern. She… she was showing her empathy.

Moving to stand up, the older girl stretched her limbs before looking to where the majority of the kids had run off to. “Well, I guess we better catch up. Something tells me that Anne is leading them again. That kid sure does like to explore.” She sighed before looking down at Claire’s confused expression.

“Well, ya comin?” Blinking a few times, clearly confused, Claire soon stood unsure of what was even happening anymore. As the redhead began moving towards the forestry outline her kids had run off to, Claire soon found herself trailing behind her…

 

She didn’t know what was happening… but…

 

It looked like a small, ray or light… might have accidently found its way to her…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Climbing over some fallen branches next to Kimberly, Claire looked around closely for any of the children who had run into the trees of the large park. She wasn’t exactly an expert on this area but it seemed her insight was helpful. They had already found a couple of the boys and now it just seemed like the redheads daughter a few other girls were still hiding… most likely from them.

“I swear this girl’s got a rebellious streak. I pray it don’t run in the family. Shoot, her father was a scoundrel growing up from what I remember as well. Let’s just hope that ain’t the case with Anne. The last thing I need is a tomboy in place of my sweet little girl.” The Texan native ranted as Claire felt her lips beginning to tug upwards into what she could only assume was a smile.

“S-So… what made you move out here Kimberly?” “I told you to call me Kim, now didn’t I?” Nodding, Claire rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before climbing over another fallen tree branch to reach a small cliff in from of them. “S-S-Sorry K-Kim… I didn’t mean to offend you.”

Sighing, the ginger-haired woman gripped Claire’s hand before tugging her up with her. She was surprisingly strong given her stature. She was only a few inches taller than her! “Will you quit being such a nervous nelly? Do you think I’m going to bite at ya like one of these hill-folk?” As the woman scoffed, Claire chose not to comment on the slight slander towards her hometown… she thought worse of the people here anyways…

“As to why we moved here, you can blame my Anne's father for that. My husbands in the service and we had to relocate here. Poor girl can barely make friends as is. I’m just happy she found a few kids here her age. She’s always been better talking to adults than with other kids.” Kimberly sighed before glancing towards Claire.

“But, ya already figured that out yourself, now didn’t ya?” Smirking, Claire nodded. It was a guess but the girl had taken to her much quicker than she thought a kid possible to. Although considering all the kids around her she might have just been a free spirit and befriended everyone. Speaking of…

“S-So… Who are all the other children? I-I haven’t seen them here before… are, they…” Claire trailed off unsure of how to ask her question but the redhead seemed to figure it out before she burst into laughter. “Ha, Jeez Claire, just how old do I look to ya? Unless that answers in the twenties, ya best not say anythin...” Kim said darkly before her mirth returned.

“Can’t say there mine girl. These little urchins are other service brats. I used to run a daycare back in Austin and I grew fond of them.” Smirking at the term she had used, Claire was soon caught off guard by the redhead’s next question. “Ya got any yourself?”

Staggering backward in shock, Claire quickly shook her head. “W-W-What?! I, I’m only fifteen! O-O-Of c-course I don’t have children!” Blinking, Kimberly soon smirked. “I meant more along the lines of siblings actually… I didn’t peg you for a floozy. Should I now?” Blushing heavily, Claire soon grit her teeth at the audacity of her comment.

“OF COURSE NOT!” Nodding, Kim simply shook her head as she kept up her brisk pace. “Alright… but since we're on the topic… what about a self-harmer…” Furrowing her brow, Claire was about to ask till the redhead stopped walking and directed her narrow eyes Claire’s way surprising her by how fast her tone kept changing.

Freezing up in surprise from the sudden coldness she was feeling directed her way, the brunette was about to ask what she meant before Kim’s hand shot out towards her arm. “Tell me the truth… Should I be worried about this… worried about what ya might do around my daughter?”

As her wrist was lifted before her, Claire’s eyes widened as she now fully realized what she had meant. Yanking her arm away, Claire shivered with fear. How… how did she know? “I-I fell and I-“, “Don’t you dare lie to me, Claire. Not after I invited you to join us." Gulping, Claire felt an utter egress of emotion as she stared back into the worried mother’s eyes.

After a long stare off, Claire soon lowered her gaze before shaking her head. “N-N-No… You have nothing, nothing to worry about. It was a mistake…” Keeping her eyes directed on Claire’s, Kim was silent for a moment before she nodded. “Good. Now let’s go find the other girls… and you can start telling me just why everyone in this whistle-stop seems to have a… enmity for ya.”

Walking forward once more as she continued on, Claire’s eyes leveled with the ground as she gripped her hand… her shaking hand. Moving one foot at a time… she slowly marched on behind the woman as she felt the pit in her stomach growing.

‘S-She just wants to protect her daughter… I-Its nothing against you…’ Feeling sadness envelop her, Claire felt her lips trembling as tears almost sprang loose. “I… I think I should go…” Stopping ahead of the brunette, the ginger-haired woman glanced over her shoulder before shrugging.

“If you got to go, you got to go. But I’d still like to hear your tale before you do. Of course, you don’t have to say a thing. It’s not like a word, from someone who just tried to lie isn’t still of value.” Lowering her gaze, Claire grimaced knowing her trust was being called into question now.

After a minute or so of prolonged silence, she finally sighed in defeat.

 

“It… It all started, three months ago…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ 20 minutes later ~

 

Claire sat hunched over on a fallen log as Kimberly sat beside her, her hand gently rubbing small circles over her back as tears streamed down the brunette's face. They hadn’t planned on stopping… but after she began telling the redhead how this had all started… how her friend, her best friend… her crush lied to her. Lied to everyone… being betrayed by family and friends alike… and finally what had all led up to her unfortunate… incident... on the docks. It was just too much for her to keep in after trying so hard to remain silent.

“A-A-And… And then… I just… I JUST COULDN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Claire wailed as she cupped her head in her arms as Kim listened to her full tale. After a brief silence, the older woman nodded knowing she was finished now, or, at least she was defeated, her story having ripped open still fresh wounds for the poor girl.

Shaking her head slowly, Kimberly sighed as she patted Claire’s shoulder. “Well… ain't that somethin…” She mumbled, her voice a bit quieter than before. She didn’t honestly know what to say now. She had been rather worried, to begin with, her first impression of Claire somewhat unnerving to say the least, but now whatever doubts she had that she was lying to her were thrown out the window. She could tell when someone was hurting, and that was an understatement considering what Claire had dealt with for the past couple months.

As the brunette continued to cry into her hands, her emotions finally lay bare in front of another, the younger girl shook her head. “I… I just don’t know w-what I’m going t-to do now…” Looking at Claire with worry, Kim nodded as she continued to lay a comforting hand on her back.

When she had woken up that morning… she had thought all her problems would end… amongst other things… But now that she didn’t go through with it, such a stupid and idiotic idea… she was at a total loss. She, she couldn’t live like this. It drove her into doing something she would have regretted for the rest of… her… life… Well, that might not have been the best analogy, considering what it entitled…

As she pulled the girl into her, Kimberly’s eyes darkened as she thought over everything. She was a bit skeptical that it was as bad as she made it out to be… but considering what she had caught the girl in the process of doing, she wasn’t anymore. It was only through sheer stupid luck she knew what the brunette had attempted.

Back in her home city, it was a rather common occurrence. And a cut like hers, straight, narrow… aimed directly on the wrist as cleanly as it was. She went for it… until… Smiling proudly momentarily, the ginger-haired woman grinned. “Well, ain’t this a whole nuther thang…” she scoffed before pulling Claire into her as she hugged the girl close.

Funny how a trip to the park could turn into something like this. As Claire was cradled tightly, she instinctively tried to move away after being denied contact with other people for so long but the redhead wouldn’t have any of it.

After a few attempts to crawl away, Claire finally gave up and sunk into her embrace, her tears never lessening as more and more came out. “Momma?” Looking over her shoulder, Kim smiled warmly as she saw her little girl looked over at them.

“Hey, sweetie, about time ya showed yourself. Ya got the others with ya?” As she shook her head, her pigtails waved back and forth freely as she directed her gaze Claire’s way. “Is something wrong with her?” Scowling at how she put it, Kim shook her head.

“Naw, she’s just still hurting from earlier.” Beaming, the little girl soon moved over towards Claire before pulling the older girl into a hug like her mom was currently. “Does your cut really hurt that much?” She had scraped her knees and twisted her ankle once but that stopped hurting after a few hours. Such a small wound couldn’t possibly hurt that much, right?

Glancing to Claire as she saw her finally stop crying, Kim smiled. “It will heal with time… all things do.” Though her words were said to her daughter, Claire got the impression they were more for her benefit. Sniffling, the brunette leaned up slowly before smiling sadly.

“…” Craning her neck in confusion, the sobbing girl’s words so faint she had to strain her ears to even hear her, the older woman soon smiled as she realized what she had said… and what she was still saying. “Thank you… thank you… t-thank you…thank you…” Claire whispered shrilly as she wiped her tears aside.

She, she felt something she hadn’t felt after the night of her friend’s betrayal. Something she desperately was in need of… closure… She had finally found closure… for all the pain she had been feeling for so long…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Walking down the beaten path leading back to the park, Claire’s eyes were hazy as she felt her hair being tugged back and forth. Smiling silently, the brunette made no fuss over Annabelle pulling on her locks as she gave the girl a piggyback ride, her mother watching in amusement.

“I warned ya she would do that,” Kim smirked as she saw her daughter giggling gleefully and requesting to go faster as she pulled on Claire’s hair like makeshift reins. Shaking her head a bit to loosen the girl's grip, Claire chuckled quietly.

“I… I don’t mind…” Nodding, Kim observed the quiet girl for a long while before she nodded in turn. She was definitely in a better state of mind than before. Perhaps she could still get better with time. Only she would know for certain, though. The pain she felt had to be eating away at her… along with other pains, she had created this day.

As the two women cleared the forest line, Claire soon jogged ahead where Kim had set up the blankets and food before kneeling down. “Alright, rides over Anne…” Waiting a few moments, Claire soon scowled before shaking the little girl but if anything her hold only tightened much to her chagrin.

“Noooooo! I don’t wanna get off. Can I stay on longer, pretty please!” Sighing, Claire wanted to say no… but it seemed like the little redhead wouldn’t take no for an answer judging from how tightly her hair was being tugged.

Before Claire could finally cave in, however, Kim came to the rescue as she plucked her daughter up and tossed her over her shoulder in amusement. “Now that’s enough Anne. You leave the poor girl alone. She’s ain’t your horse.” Puffing out her cheeks, Annabelle whined loudly till her mother gave her a light bop on her bottom silencing her.

Sitting down, Claire smiled genuinely as she watched Kim and her daughter giggle and smiling. It was nice… As the older woman sat down herself, she moved her daughter onto her lap before hugging her close. “So what do you plan on doing now?”

Feeling the amusement leaving her now, Claire lowered her gaze unsure of how to really answer her. “I… I guess, I’ll just go back to… to doing what I was before. N-N-Not on the dock!” Claire quickly clarified as she saw Kim’s eyes narrowing.

Frowning, the ginger-haired woman hummed in thought as she rested her chin on her daughters head. “Well… the way I see it, you just need something to take your mind off your problems.” Nodding, Claire smiled sadly as she flopped onto her back and stared up at the twilight.

“Yeah… if only that were an option. I’ve, I’ve tried Kim… b-b-but no matter where I go… no matter what I do… it always ends the same way…” Looking over the downcast brunette, Kim soon to peek around before her mood brightened. “Well… are you depressed now?”

Furrowing her brow, Claire shook her head. Why would she be depressed? This was the best day she had, had in… in so long. Well, at least it ended up being one… the earlier events still left a sour taste in her mouth.

“So here’s how I see it. You can do one of two things, Claire. Sulk… and stay depressed until ya do something else stupid… or possibly worse than that…” She mumbled darkly. “Or, maybe look at the brighter side. Be thankful for the things you still got, ya know?” Scrunching her eyes, Claire leaned up angrily.

“What do I still have to be thankful for?! You know my life is…” Claire trailed off not wanting to curse in front of the little redhead who was looking up at her blankly, the conversation clearly lost to her young mind. “Bad…”

Nodding in understanding, Kim nudged her daughter up before looking to Claire. Grinning, Anne crawled over before plopping herself down on the startled girls lap much t her surprise. “Well, if today wasn’t that bad… and you're struggling to find something to keep that lousy mind of yours at bay… I could always use a helpin hand with these rascals…” Kim’s hand rose as she waved it over the multitude of kids present, some playing, others resting on the grass tuckered out, and a few more currently eating near them.

Blinking a few times to make sure she heard her right, Claire soon scowled. “A-Are… Are you asking me to babysit for you…?” Chuckling, Kim moved her hand over before patting Claire on the shoulder. “Well it’s a bit more than that, but in a way I suppose.” Frowning, Claire looked around before shuddering internally.

“S-Sorry Kim… but, I don’t think you’d want to have me around. I-I’m not really the best with children… and I know whoever these guys parents are will let hell freeze over before they let me near their kids. Owe!” Claire yipped as Kim slapped her head.

“Now there’s no call for that type of language missy. And as for the other gals, I don’t think they’d mind if I got a helpin hand around the house. But as for your… disdain for these tots… well, you might want to think that over a bit more.” The redhead smirked as she saw Claire’s arms hugging Anne tightly.

Looking down in surprise herself, Claire pulled away from the little girl she hadn’t even realized had gotten so close… but suddenly felt disheartened in doing so. Sighing, Claire soon moved her arms back before the tired girl snuggled into her.

“Ok… M-Maybe I don’t… hate them. But they do hate me. I already know how this will turn out Kim. I-If… if I’m near you… you’ll become a pariah!” Claire said seriously, her tone full of fear. The last thing she wanted to do to her was cause her the same pain she had been experiencing… it had almost ended her life…

Snorting, Kim shook her head amused before looking Claire over seriously. “I think I can handle my own missy. So what do you say? The offer still stands.” Feeling time beginning to slow, Claire looked upwards as the older woman stood over her, her hand outstretched like she was making some type of bargain… but then again… she was.

Shivering, Claire’s arm soon rose on its own, as her hand clasped around Kim’s. Grinning from ear to ear, the ginger-haired Texan nodded before releasing her grip. “We’ll all right. I know for a fact little Anne will be happy to see you again. Hell, she’s never this tuckered when it’s just me playing with her.” Scowling at the woman now after she hypocritically did what she had been scolded for, Claire soon smiled warmly as she directed her gaze to the now sleeping girl.

Leaning down to pick her up, Kim smiled reassuringly down at Claire before moving her free hand to her lips. As a loud whistle resonated in the air, multiple kids soon came running back to her. “Alright Claire, well we ought to get goin. It’s been a pleasure.” Nodding in return, Claire soon smiled as Kim pulled something out from her green plaid chest pocket.

Flicking a small card to the younger girl, Kim grinned before turning around. “Alright, time to get going now, come on!” She called out before some of the kids began to follow her back, others reluctant to leave the park, but a stern look from the redhead coursed their judgment to follow.

As the sun finally left the sky for the night, Claire remained on the grass as she watched the last of the kid’s present leave, and Kim finally driving off after she collected them. Once alone, the brunette looked down as she observed the card in her hand.

‘Kimmy’s Daycare…’ Smiling warmly, Claire moved the business card into her back pocket before standing up. She didn't know how this all happened… but… perhaps she could find that light that had left her long ago… maybe.

But it looked like, she had a little help. A friend to guide her further. Friend… Feeling her lips twitch, Claire soon wore a goofy grin as she whispered the word, the joy she suddenly felt, unrivaled, by anything she had ever experienced before.

“F-Friend… friend… a friend.” Smiling, Claire soon began walking home, her grin never abandoning her face. Not today. She had, a friend...

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Four years later ~

 

 

Walking down the weather-beaten trail, like many of the same types surrounding her city, Claire wore a bright smile as she strolled towards her destination. Things had changed considerably from where she once stood a few years prior. Ever since that fateful meeting all those years back, she and Kim had become good friends.

She had met her husband, some of the other military moms, their children of course as well… and it just seemed like things were better off now after it all. Feeling her hands tighten a bit around the straps of her backpack, Claire chose to ignore the lingering pains she had felt from the day and instead smiled knowing where she was headed.

While it was true things had gotten better… the town still had little left for her to admire. Her old friends still avoided her. Her parents still accused her of the littlest of things and tried to… change her views towards, certain… matters. And of course, everyone else gossiped about her.

In hindsight, nothing had really changed… but, at the same time, everything had. Coming over a small rise, Claire’s eyes lit up with happiness as she saw the familiar home she had walked to every day for the past four years.

Even though her life wasn’t as great as it was before that painful night with Brittney… she didn’t care. For two hours a day, seven days a week, and if lucky a full weekend when Kim went out of town with her husband, Claire felt true happiness. A joy like no other… and a little surprise to considering where it came from.

Not even making it half way past the yard, Claire soon laughed as she felt something tackle her from behind. “Claire!” Smiling warmly, Claire pushed the little weight away before looking down into a familiar redhead’s eyes.

“Hey Annabelle, how was your day?” Grinning up at her, her smile somewhat contagious as the brunette found herself grinning now too, the younger girl quickly tugged on Claire’s hand as she tried to pull her inside her home. “Great now that you’re here!” Blushing, Claire chuckled quietly as she let herself be led by the younger girl, her tasks for the day probably already set out by Kim just waiting for her to get started.

After coming to the Daycare, Claire had been fearful considering what she had just signed up for… but it turned out, she wasn’t half bad with kids after all. Cleaning up after them and playing with them, cooking and making sure they didn’t get hurt. It was a simple job, but, at the same time, the fulfillment she received whenever one of them smiled up at her was unlike anything she had ever experienced before. She felt, needed… wanted even. She found a place where she could show her true nature.

No one judged her… no one hated her religiously. She was just; Claire… and everyone here appreciated her. The children, their parents… begrudgingly… This was her home. Coming into the kitchen where she heard the familiar sound of Kim as she prepared the children’s usual meal, the brunette quickly strode up much to Annabelle’s dismay as her playmate went in the opposite direction then the other kids.

“Hey, Kim! What do you have lined up for me today?” Looking over her shoulder, the ginger-haired woman grinned as she saw her helper. The years had been kind to her, both of them for that matter actually. With her hair down to her waist now along with her face retaining its same youthful appearance, not too much had changed about her. She was the same, hot-tempered woman that had helped her all those years ago, and Claire loved every minute of her time she was in her presence. Giving the girl a quick wave, Kimberly swiftly finished chopping up the vegetables she had before washing her hands off.

“Hey kid, how was your day? Did your teacher try and pull that same crap with you again today like he did yesterday?” She mumbled sourly. Ignoring the jab at her age, Claire didn’t bat an eyelash knowing it had become a common name for her over time. As for the incident in question… a certain Gym teacher of hers had thought it amusing to make her run an extra two miles on her timed exam ensuring she wouldn’t pass it.

A brisk conference from her parents, however, sorted that out real quick. While they weren’t exactly the best parents to have, her dad sure as hell wouldn’t let any of his daughters take crap like that from their school's instructors… Although, his attempts to get her into homeschooling for her last year were still somewhat bothersome… He had tried to make his case once again telling her about all the corruption in her high school, the P.E. event being the catalyst for such a thing…

The last thing she wanted was to be under house arrest 24/7. Her Mom and Dad had barely even let here come here and even then it still took Kim’s interceding to seal the deal. By explaining they were denying her a chance to obtain valuable work experience under her belt and real life skills, they all but had to cave in knowing there was some truth to the woman’s words.

Setting her backpack down on the table, Claire moved to sit down as Kim soon joined her. “No, he was scared off after my dad raised hell. I have to hand it to him, he sure knows how to pick his battles. Owe!” Claire yipped as she felt the redhead bop her on her head.

Groaning as she looked to her side, Claire nodded as she saw Anna bouncing up happily as she waited for Claire to make her way back over to her. “Hypocrite…”, “The hell did ya just call me?!” Smirking, Claire chatted idly with Kim as she caught up with the day’s events. Their banter had become a fun passive throughout her time here and gave Kim a chance to take a much-needed break from her day's work before she took them all to the park to play for a while before they went home.

After a good fifteen minutes, (and Anne’s loud whines as she grew more and more impatient) Claire soon stood up as she was handed a chore list for the day. “Alright, we’ll take off after you’re finished.” Smiling, Claire nodded before making her way back over to the little redhead.

As she lifted the giggling girl up, with a bit of effort now since she wasn’t as little anymore, she carried her outside to where the other children were to start her usual list of activities. She loved her job… Watching the brunette closely, Kim’s smile soon began to fade before a frown formed over her features. Sighing deeply, the older woman moved towards her table where some papers lay scattered about.

Pulling open a letter she had received, or more, her husband had that she had read on his behalf considering he was working at his base currently, her eyes skimmed the words as she bit her lower lip. Claire wouldn’t like this… hell, none of them would. They had just started to get settled here…

Setting the note down, Kim shrugged off the troubling letter as she moved back over to the food she had been preparing. She’d talk it over with her husband and see if this could be prolonged. The best thing they could do for their daughter right now was to leave her in one place… Moving again would cause her a great deal of pain… along with Claire as well…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~One month later…~

 

 

Sitting on the dock she had come to know as her secret retreat, Claire watched the waters gentle ripple as she felt her despair for what had occurred rain over her once more. Like a dark cloud that wouldn’t leave her, it weighed her down with every second of its presence, but, she couldn’t shake it… not this.

Shivering as she restrained herself from crying, Claire soon cracked as she felt the first tear fall into the waters below. Kim and her family… were gone. Apparently, her husband’s three-year tour had ended and after taking an extended stay he was eventually recalled back to Texas… and with it his Family.

Kim… Annabelle… they had moved. Moving a shaking hand to her pocket, Claire continued to cry softly as she pulled a note out she had been carrying for the past week. It had been given to her on the day they had left… and it held a great deal of value to her… it's content, and it's feelings.

‘1354, S. Sycamore street… Austin Texas… See you soon kid…’ Sniffling, Claire folded the note up before gently sliding it back into her side pocket. She’d see them again… one day at least… but until that day came… she still had to live. Live through her pain… live through her troubles… and now, there was no light anymore.

After Kim had left, her Daycare wasn’t picked up by any of the other Military wives. So their kids didn’t have a place to go anymore… and with them, her. She lost, her one, lone, light. She was alone once again…

Cupping her hands softly on her lap, Claire rubbed her wrist gently as she glanced down at a small inch long scar over her right wrist. This town… it's people… she hated them… and with this mark, she felt their immeasurable hold over her. What greater power did someone have, then to cause another person to try and end their life?

Clenching her fist around her wrist, Claire soon growled. “Never… Never again…” She wouldn’t let them beat her… she couldn’t. Her light might have vanished but it wasn’t extinguished! Somewhere out of this place was her friends. And they were waiting for her to come back one day… waiting for her to see them, to see how far she had come.

Smiling victoriously, Claire nodded as she felt her cloud slowly beginning to fade, the light of the evening sky now shining down upon her with hope. She’d make it through this. She didn’t know how… but she would. She had to…

Climbing to her feet, Claire yawned tiredly before stretching her sore limbs. ‘I guess I better get back…’ Feeling her resolve harden, Claire nodded to herself before she headed back home. Kim, Annabelle… she’d see them both again, and when she did… she’d be stronger.

Strong enough to have conquered this town… her troubles… her fears. She’d be ready to tell them both, and she’d relish ever second of their time like she had since she had first met them. They were her friends, and she’d see them soon… she hoped…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

It had been a few weeks since Claire had made her promise to herself. She wouldn’t be beaten. She’d live, and fight forward… but… Dragging her feet as she walked, Claire’s entire demeanor screamed as she sulked silently home. Her eyes… were lifeless. Her body, limp and frail. She, she couldn’t do it…

The town, I-It had to be cursed… no, she was cursed. Each day, a new link to the chain around her neck grew. It's tightening vice strangled her. She was a slave to its whim. She… she couldn’t go on much longer…

The little joy she saw in her life, was gone. Without having anyone to talk to… without having a purpose to get out of bed in the morning… without finding the strength to eat, bathe or even breathe… she knew it would end soon. And what that meant for her if she gave in.

‘Y-You need to stay strong… p-p-please!’ Nodding her head silently, Claire picked up her pace as she tried to stand tall in her shadow. It was just so hard… to keep pretending nothing was wrong. The bullying got worse… her family ignored her as well. And after losing her last job… she had failed to find work.

It had been a week since she graduated… and now, she was lost. She didn’t know why she even got up anymore. She had nothing left… She wanted to leave this town… but… she just couldn’t. After last week… on her 19th birthday… she knew, she couldn’t do it anymore.

Her family had ignored her the whole day… and even the town still cast revulsion of her that day. Nothing was sacred… and it stung knowing that no matter what day it was… no matter what she did… no matter who she talked to, who she helped, hell who she begged… nothing would ever change.

She… was lost. ‘Six hundred and forty dollars… plus change…’ Counting all she had saved up for the tenth time that day, Claire sighed once more. She had enough money to hop on a bus, and never look back… but she wasn’t stupid. As much as she hated her family… she knew she still needed their support.

A roof over her head… food on the table. A place to bathe… to sleep. She could leave… but where would she go? Trick question… nowhere. She’d be homeless… hungry… and just as lost as she was now. ‘At least here I can suffer in comfort.’ Chuckling sadly, Claire shook her head before looking up.

She was home. Frowning, Claire shook her head once more. Time had abandoned her now too. She could have sworn she had just started walking home. Sighing, Claire was about to make her way to her bedroom to flop down on her sheets and pray she could pass out fast enough… but…

Pausing next to her mailbox, Claire looked at it confused. She didn’t know why… but she wanted to check the mail first. Shrugging, the brunette moved over to her box before opening it and pulling out its contents. As she skimmed the envelopes unsure of why she even bothered to get them for her parents, her eyes soon locked onto a strange golden letter, or more, who it was addressed to.

Walking onto her front porch as she shifted the letter back and forth, she soon scowled as she read it. “To Claire Abernathy from Aunt Windy…” She had an aunt? Wracking her brain for a moment, Claire soon nodded as she recalled something that seemed to come back to her now.

She vaguely remembered someone who was called her aunt… but she was a kid last time she saw her. ‘Huh, I wonder why none of my family ever talks about her. Shrugging once more, Claire soon rested her back against the door as she gently ripped the top open.

It was addressed to her, not her parents after all. She didn’t have any problems with reading it first before she gave the mail over to them. Pulling out a few folded papers from within, Claire tucked the other envelopes beneath her arm as she flipped the pages open, a slip of paper falling out that had been hidden within.

Mumbling a curse beneath her breath, Claire reached down to the ground blindly as she tried to grab what she had dropped, her eyes still reading the document. She wasn’t the best multi-tasker… As she began to read it, however… her hand suddenly stopped moving before her eyes shot open.

Dropping the mail, Claire quickly gripped the golden letter before reading it aloud to make sure her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her. “Dear Claire, it’s so good to write to you after all this time. I hope you are doing well. As for my health, however… I’m afraid that I am not…” Frowning, Claire continued on, ignoring that sad little bit, her eyes scanning for the word she had skimmed by accident that caused such distress in the first place.

“It is with great sadness to know, I won’t have much longer on this earth… but I know you still have your whole life ahead of you and that you might need a helping hand getting started with it…” That was an understatement…

Biting her tongue to stop her constant interruptions, Claire forced herself to read on, her eyes growing wider with each word. “I remember when you were so little. We used to play all the time you and me, and I haven’t forgotten all the joy you brought me. While I know I haven’t been in your life for some time, I want to make it up to you with this, a token of my gratitude. From your Aunt to you little Claire. Live… for the both of us…”

It… it was some type of death note… Her aunt was dying. Feeling a deep sadness fill her once more, Claire soon felt tears falling between her cheeks. She… she couldn’t remember her… she couldn’t remember what she looked like… but, but her aunt remembered her… and wrote her a note before… what she could only assume was her parting.

‘W-W-What type of a monster f-forgets their relatives?!’ She… she didn’t know how to answer that. Cupping her mouth in silent aberration, Claire shook her head. Straining her mind to remember, the brunette finally cursed, not so silently now as she gave up.

She just couldn’t recall her. Kneeling down to her porch with shaking hands, Claire continued to cry as she felt guilt tugging on her heart strings. As she picked up the other mail that had fallen, her eyes soon moved to something else.

‘Oh… oh yeah, there was something inside of it…’ Reaching down between her feet Claire picked up a small, rectangular piece of parchment before flipping it over. However, as she looked at it, she dropped the mail once again. Stumbling backward and into her door, Claire’s free hand moved to her mouth as she cupped it in sheer shock from what she was staring at.

It… it was, a check… A check addressed to her. As her eyes beaded as she looked at the number written on it, Claire shook her head in disbelief. This… this was fake… it had to be fake! “T-T-Ten… T-Ten thousand… dollars…” Counting the zeros over and over again, Claire shook her head.

It… it was real. Gripping the paper afraid it would be fake if she lightened her hold, the brunette soon examined it back and forth, front to back… but… it was real. It was a check… addressed to her from her aunt… and it was for ten, thousand dollars…

Feeling fatigue suddenly wash over her, Claire soon staggered before falling to her knees. She, she was going to pass out… As the wave came and left her suddenly, Claire soon looked down at the paper once again before something suddenly dropped onto it.

Blinking, Claire looked down confused before it happened again. However, it soon became apparent what it was. Tears… her tears... Shuddering where she sat, Claire soon wailed loudly as she cupped the paper into her chest, her cries unknown to her as she felt a plethora of emotions assault her all at once.

Sadness, sadness for her aunt note. Regret, for never seeing her again and never being able to thank her for this… And joy… it, it was over… her life… she, she was… free… Crying even harder, Claire continued to stare down at the paper as she wept tears of joy and sorrow.

 

She could leave… she could leave and never come back. She… she was free…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Present time…

 

 

“So after cashing the check I packed up my stuff… well, what I could carry, and moved out here. The rest I think you kind of know…” Claire finally finished, her demeanor rather quiet in comparison as to when she began her tale. The pain of losing her friends… her family… the respect of everyone else close to her… and finally, her grave mistake…  It hurt to relive those memories. She had just barely escaped… and she hadn’t planned on confronting them for some time.

It was a burden to her. A deep shame she wanted to forget but she knew… knew it would always stick around with her. Peering down at her wrist, Claire glowered silently at the small scar that remained. It was somewhat symbolic to her at this point. No matter how much she hated her past… it reminded her that she had survived.

Sighing, she soon looked upwards before blinking in confusion. She, she was back to normal. Looking herself over quickly, Claire gawked in surprise. ‘When did they change me back!?’ She had been so wrapped up in her past she didn’t even realize it… how sad was that?

As the brunette kept looking around, the new perspective somewhat bizarre to her now, everyone looked up at her speechless minus the twins who for all intense and purposes… were very, very quiet, their eyes locked on the floor in front of them rather than the girl.

Finally noticing the lack of sound around her, Claire looked back down at the others who were gobsmacked and speechless. “S-So, that’s why you moved here?” Kai whispered, her voice cracking a bit as she tried to control her shaking form.

Nodding sadly, Claire soon sighed once more. “Yeah, pretty much. I, I don’t know why I picked Philadelphia honestly. Maybe because it was close enough to my state… but far enough away that I knew my parents wouldn’t be able to find me if they came looking for me… I moved here from Georgia, so… I honestly can’t give you an answer. Something just felt right about here…” Claire whispered bitterly.

Her family was dead to her at this point. They made it abundantly clear what they thought of her for the past four years of her troubles. She didn’t hate them… but she never wanted to go back. Not to them anyway…

Feeling something suddenly bump into her left side, Claire looked down in surprise before she grew worried. Clinging to her arm, May wept silently as she tried to bury her face into Claire’s arm. “Y-Y-You… Y-You didn’t really t-try to… try to, kill yourself… r-r-right?!” She stuttered horribly as she felt an immeasurable amount of grief from what they had just learned from Claire.

Feeling her lips tremble, Claire wanted to say no… she really did. The look May gave her before she hid her face, caused her heart to cry out in pain. But, she couldn't lie… not about something like this. As her right arm was now pinned as well, Claire directed her face to Kat as she felt just as much distress.

Crying as she hugged Claire tightly… somewhat painfully actually, the little Neko soon wailed as she shook her head. “N-N-No! The pretty lady w-wouldn’t do something like that! T-T-Tell her Claire!” trembling now as the girls looked at her in denial… Claire remained silent knowing she had nothing to say at this point that  hadn’t already been said.

“I-It… It was a mistake…”, “DAMN RIGHT IT WAS!” Blinking, Claire looked at Kai now as the older of the girls and supposedly the most composed was busy wiping tears from her cheek. “J-Jeez, and I thought I had problems…” She laughed dryly trying to throw her usual brand of humor into her words, but, Claire could tell she was just as anguished from her story as the other two currently sobbing into her.

Moving over to Claire, Kai’s fake smile soon left her as she looked up at Claire dolorously. Without saying a word she soon joined the others as she hugged the larger girls chest, her tears coming right back out after she tried to shove them down.

Feeling her lips beginning to tremble, Claire looked down at all the girls speechlessly. She, she was choked up. Feeling a gentle grip on her hand now, Claire averted her attention away before feeling tears finally break through her eyes.

‘You fought hard to get to where you are today. Do not forget where you started from, less you repeat it with time.’ Lily’s lips remained closed as she looked Claire in her eyes, her hand gently holding onto her own. ‘Don’t see it as a burden anymore, but as a reminded. You won.’

Shivering, Claire soon closed her eyes as she cried in silence. She hated, hated that her own grief was causing all the girls to be just as sad as she had been…. But it warmed her heart, that they had listened to her… and cared enough to cry. Her pain… they were showing her, her pain…

It took moving out of her home and running away. Being shrunken and toyed with. Having horrific things down to others she would have never thought possible… and an ungodly amount of pain, that no one should have to experience… to find, peace…

Feeling her heart somewhat lighter, Claire continued to cry as did the three girls clinging to her. She… she really did feel free now… like something had broken away. She felt serenity… like nothing would ever hinder her anymore. She really was, at peace with her past…

Burying her face into Kai’s neck, Claire soon pulled the girls into her tighter as she shuddered and croaked her voice hoarse as she tried to compose herself… b-but she just couldn’t. She couldn’t… and she didn’t care. She didn’t care that they knew… she didn’t care what they thought… they accepted her. And it felt good.

It was like when she had first met Kim all over again… but for some reason, this felt stronger than the last time. Much stronger… Sniffling as she rubbed Kat and May’s back, Claire soon smiled. “T-Thank you… thank you for listening to my story… I, I’m sorry if I made you girls cry…” Claire whispered quietly, genuinely saddened that she had done so in the first place.

Pulling away from her, Kai wiped away her tears as she looked Claire in her eyes. “Y-You… You shouldn’t be the one apologizing… N-Not for anything!” Lowering her gaze, Kai turned to Lily who in turn lowered her own gaze. “We… We all thought you were just… just like the others. The other adults… b-b-but you were just as troubled as we were…” Kai whispered shrilly as she clenched her eyes.

Frowning as the grips on her arms tightened, along with the crying she heard, Claire simply shook her head. They had a level of understanding now… all of them. And for once in her life… she felt like she belonged to something more. More than her, more than her life. She felt a part of something bigger than anything else. And she wanted to stay a part of it.

Casting her head to the side, Claire looked to the twins now who hadn’t uttered a sound since she had finished. “So… I guess that means you want me to stick around… right?” Eeping as she was tackled by the three girls, Claire laughed as they all clung to her tightly.

“WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT! OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!” Kai screamed as she tried to keep her face buried in the prone girl's chest. “P-P-Please don’t leave us! P-Please… please…” May whimpered, her voice aching as she held onto the brunette. “Y-You wouldn’t… you wouldn’t leave us… you wouldn’t leave Kat… would you… Claire?” The little cat girl whispered, her voice just as shrill as Mays had been.

Smiling warmly at them all, Claire pulled them in close as she hugged them tightly. Glancing to the twins with a smile, the blond siblings finally acknowledged her as their heads rose. “If she wants to stay… then, of course, she will. It’s her choice after all, not ours.” Sophia whispered in a hollow tone.

Hearing the collective cheers of joy from the girls piled on top of her currently, Claire soon grew worried. That wasn’t Sophia’s normal tone. Pushing the girls off her slowly, much to their resistance in the matter, Claire soon looked to Sophia and Alexis as they inched away.

“H-Hey is… is something wrong? I didn’t upset you with what I said… did I?” As all eyes soon turned to the twins, both Sophia and Alexis tried to look away… but with Lily’s narrowing gaze upon them… they knew they had nowhere else to look.

Raising their crimson irises to Claire, they soon took another step back before moving their hands towards one another’s. “No Claire… you’ve done nothing wrong… but, someone has been wronged, and that someone… is you.” Blinking once, then twice, Claire looked down at the twins confused.

“What…? What are you two talking about?” She wasn’t wronged by anyone… well, her town, but she got the distinctive feeling that wasn’t what they meant. Clenching her sister’s hand painfully tight, Alexis shook with fear as did her sibling. They didn’t want to say this… but what choice did they have?

Hardening their resolve, they both looked up to Claire for the first time before taking a step forward. “When… when we first talked with you earlier this week… we told you that, you could trust us…” Sophia began before looking to Alexis now who seemed just as nervous. “B-But… in doing so… we also told you we would never lie to you…”

Nodding her head slowly, Claire looked at them both in turn unsure of where this conversation was headed. Gritting their teeth between theirs covered lips; Sophia closed her eyes first before taking a deep breath. “But… by telling you this… we did just that. We lied…”

Feeling her breath hitch, Claire slowly shook her head. “B-But, y-you two haven’t lied to me… w-w-what are you talking about?” Claire stammered, her fear slowly rising by the second much to the twins displeasure. “You told us why you came here… why you did what you did. And gave us all an understanding of who you really are… But, your story is not finished… There was a very important part you left out…”

Furrowing her brow, as did most of the girls there, Claire looked back to the twins with worry. “I… I don’t understand. I told them everything… what did I leave out?” Gulping, Sophia looked to her sister who nodded in turn.

“You left out the most important part Claire… the part, you can’t remember… The part… where we first met…” Silence inhabited the room as all eyes widened, Claires more than anyone else as the weight of her words pressed down upon them. Feeling the words slowly sink in, Claire soon shook her head. “W-W-What do y-you mean… w-we just met a f-few days ago…” she hadn’t gone over that part but they all knew how she ended up at the daycare.

Clenching their fists Alexis soon stepped forward from her sister before sticking her hand out. Without understanding what was happening, Claire had little time to react to the younger girls finger as it came upon her forehead… and then, it hit her…

Shuddering on the table, Claire soon went ridged before she clutched her head in pain it… it was coming back… all of it… what, what were these?! They weren’t her memories, what was going on!

“We don’t mean last week Claire… we said, the FIRST, time we met… it’s time you remembered… how we met one another all those years ago… It’s time you remember… just who we are.”

 

 

To be continued…

 

End Notes:

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

 

 

Well, i hope you liked it. Please leave me some reviews about what you think. I'm curious as always.

 

I hope to see you all again soon, but because of certain events it might be a bit once more. So, please be patiant with me :(

 

I'll try to be back soon with the coming storm!

 

Bye

What They are... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

I'm back :D

 

Hello everyone, and i'm sorry for the sudden leave. I said in my last chapter i might not write for awile but i didn't think it was this long. :(

I just got back from vacationing to see my relitives back in my old country and i was there for a of couple months. It was a great trip, but i really did miss writing. :(

So, i made this as soon as i could when i got back! i hope you like it and have been waiting long time for it to!

Enjoy!

~ Cancer Treatment Center of America, Philadelphia – Pennsylvania ~

 

~15 years ago…~

 

“And push!”

Screams rang out all around in the small one bedded room of the CTCA Hospital as a woman clutched the sheets around her in agony. Watching in dismay as pain shot through her, Amelia Artiste wailed as she felt a coursing stab coming from within her. Reaching her hand outward as tears streamed down her pale cheeks, a man soon came over to clutch her hand.

“Hurry up! Can’t you do something about her pain! Just look at her!” A dark haired man barked as a few nurses around him backed away from his hostility. Ignoring the angry husband next to him, the Doctor currently propped between Amelia’s legs focused instead on the task at hand rather than answering him.

This woman was his patient after all, and her well-being had to be his top priority, but this couldn’t have come at a worse time. Amelia was one of those cases that came once in a lifetime, and it seemed like she never ceased to amaze him. What she had was simple. A severe case of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, but no matter what treatments he gave her, she never grew better.

She had gone through chemotherapy, taken her body’s weight in drugs, and even signed on for an experimental procedure that had to be monitored by the CDC for safety regulations. Her will to live was staggering, though, and even if she never improved, she always fought her hardest. But no matter what had happened yet, there was one thing that made her such a unique case. One thing that separated her from many other cancer patients.

“Push!”

Screaming her lungs out, Amelia cried harder as she felt the pain that had swelled up over her stomach slowly being pushed downward. She was pregnant. Keeping track of her dilation the doctor worked fast as he tried his hardest to save who was coming out. Getting pregnant before or after cancer was common, but it seemed Amelia had been gifted, (or possibly cursed) with her child during her treatments. Half the things they gave her should have killed the poor infant long before it developed but it seemed its mother's will to live was just as strong.

Moving closer in, the Doctor worked his hardest as Amelia gazed up incognizant. This day had been unexpected and unplanned for her. She had been doing an infusion therapy by her doctor when all of a sudden her child of 6 months no less, induced her into labor. It was too soon, much too soon. And her fear was of the unknown.

It had been a shock to her more than anyone when she found out she was with child. She had been in and out of hospitals for years, after being first admitted with the first stages of Leukemia back in 2001. And after losing so much time, and so much of her life… she didn’t expect anything good to come her way. But then, this happened.

Screaming as she felt it come, Amelia’s eyes grew dark as she felt the world around her fading. She didn’t even know the gender of her child… or what she would even call it if it survived… But… she still hoped for the best…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Hearing voices around her as they came in fuzzy and vague, Amelia eye’s slowly opened up as she stared at the blinding light of an operating lamp above her. Watching as Doctors and nurses moved around her, her frail hand moved outwards before falling to her side, her fatigue too much from the events of today.

“Good she’s awake, go tell her husband immediately.” A doctor in his late thirties announced before sending one of the nursing staff away. Moving over to her face, the man checked her vision before making sure she was fully aware of what had happened. “You scared me half to death Mrs. Artiste, while you were in labor you began to flat line…” He muttered sadly.

Leaning up slowly, the pale woman looked down at her stomach as she felt her fears grow. “W-Where…” Cupping her back, the Doctor looked to her before understanding came to his features. “I, I’m not quite sure how to say this really… but, no. We should show you.” Looking at the man in fear, the Doctor laid her back down before walking to the end of the room.

Moving to one of the nursing staff still present, he told her something to quiet for her to hear before she left the room. Staring up now absently, the once blonde haired woman, now bare and bald from her treatments gazed up in silence as her mind went over what had happened. What had become of her child… what was going to become of her?

She had been mid-procedure when this all started. Would the effects of stopping early from her infusions cause her more harm than good? A lot of things crossed her mind, but, seeing her Doctor move back to her with a smile on his face was one of the few things that hadn’t.

“Amelia, say hello to your two, beautiful, and healthy, daughters.” As her eyes widened absurdly, the woman looked at the nurse moving towards her in shock and disbelief as she saw her carrying too little bundles in her arms. As she came closer, the two little bundles were revealed to her, and tears swelled up in her eyes.

“This frankly shouldn’t be possible.” The Doctor muttered in his on skepticism but he took pleasure in this no less. It wasn’t every day something like this happened after all. “After moving you to the operating room we had to perform an emergency C-section, but, what we found was the real surprise. On our initial X-Rays three months ago, we saw one figure on the ultrasound, but it seems that you’ve given birth, to twins.”

Lifting her shuddering hand up slowly, Amelia wept with tears of joy as she revealed the two faces before her. Both were girls, two healthy, and beautiful little girls. As her eyes met there’s however, something felt… alarming to her. Their iris’s, they were blood red. And they were looking directly at her. Studying them closely, Amelia soon grew fearful.

“W-Why are they s-so quiet Doctor Jefferson?” She had never heard of babies being so… silent. Frowning himself, the man moved over to her side as he studied the infants for a moment. “That had bothered me as well, but I can assure you, Amelia, they're both perfectly healthy. In fact, I’ve never even delivered a child, let alone two who were quite as healthy as yours after what you’ve gone through. I think you have a guardian angel looking out for you.”

Ignoring his words as he began speaking to her more of what had happened, Amelia simply stared at her two daughters as she felt the foreboding feeling increase. Their strange eyes, the lack of noise… and the fact, it looked almost like they were the ones studying her gave her a sense of trepidation about this all. However…

Smiling slowly, the frail woman cupped them both into her as she cried softly. No matter how bizarre this whole thing was. They were hers. And she was a mother. Crying steadily, although, this time in joy, the sickly woman cradled her children close as she thanked the Doctor for his staff for giving her two precious gifts, through all of her misgivings…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Two Weeks later ~

 

 

Smiling in silence as she was pushed into a small apartment, Amelia continued to cradle her children close, never letting go of her two little miracles since she left the hospital that week. “Welcome back babe, I tried to keep this place up as best I could while you were in there but damn if it didn’t take a lot. They shut the power off again. I’m just lucky they're letting us pay them back next month.” The man sighed as he helped his wife up.

Nodding absently as she walked slowly towards a small recliner, she sat down slowly as her eyes lingered on her silent girls. They still hadn’t made a peep since they were born. And while that unnerved her greatly, she was just happy they were eating and responding to her alright. In fact, they seemed like they knew who she was. That she was their mother.

Smiling down at his wife, the man moved over to her before giving her bald head a kiss. “I’ll get you something to drink alright?” Nodding quietly, Amelia sighed tiredly as she felt fatigue setting in once more. It came and went a few times a day. However…

Blinking slowly, the tired woman furrowed her brow as she saw something strange. When her arms began to shake as she leaned into the chair, her girl's hands moved around hers, at the same time. It was like they knew her hold on them was weakening. “Huh… Don’t worry, I’ve got you, girls.” And through her words, it happened again. They smiled.

Jumping as she felt a tap on her shoulder, Amelia looked up at her husband before thanking him. Perhaps she was simply exhausted after her whole ordeal. Rest was welcomed at this point, and she invited the old friend. She just needed to recover, or at least recover enough until her next treatment. Miracles aside, she was still very sick. And her time was almost nearing its end if she didn't cure her disease soon…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Time went by relatively fast after she gave birth to her two daughters, and with time names soon came to her as well for what she would call them. Her first little girl would be named Sophia after her Grandmother, and her younger daughter if only by minutes, would be named Alexis after her Aunt. Family was important, and she’d honor hers through her two beautiful daughters.

It even seemed like they knew it too. After telling her husband what they should name them, it seemed like the two little twins liked their names, a small smile being the only response they ever physically gave. They never cried, never screamed. When they were hungry… it was as if she just knew. But sadly, she couldn’t do much about that herself.

Breastfeeding was out of the question. The chemicals in her system had tainted her hormones and she just didn’t have anything she could give them. But even sadder… it seemed like formula wasn’t to their liking either. When she tried, they made these horrible faces at her… and it broke her heart knowing she couldn’t do anything else for them.

Only time would tell how their growth would play out. And hopefully, in the end, she’d live awhile longer to see them grow up into beautiful young girls... her girls.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Damn it! Screw you too!” Hearing a loud crashing noise off in the distance, Amelia slowly roused from her nap before looking around. Watching as her husband stormed off into the living room before pacing out of sight. Closing her eyes tiredly, Amelia sighed sadly. He was probably fighting with debt collectors again. Her treatments weren’t free after all. And fifty thousand dollars in debt did make them a prime target for them after all.

They had filed for bankruptcy… and been denied. As rare as that was… it had to happen to them. With no health distributors taking her case for obvious reasons, and no family to assist either of them… they were completely on their own when it came to paying these bills. Feeling a light tugging on her shirt, Amelia’s eyes moved downward as she saw Alexis looking up at her in silence.

Smiling sadly, she nodded before moving to stand up. There it was again… they were hungry. Looking to Sophia who was lying on her lap, the other blonde, her hair now just beginning to grow in beautifully, sat up as well. She didn’t know how… but they had their own way of communicating with her. And she loved their bond.

She had always been afraid of being a mother… but her two precious little gifts made the whole ordeal, a little easier day by day.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _

 

 

Humming quietly as she watched a children’s show on the TV with her girls, Amelia chuckled in amusement by the ridicules program. Glancing to her twins, her curiosity grew a bit as she studied their reactions to the TV. They seemed, interested, but at the same time, they weren’t. She didn’t know how she knew that, but she did.

“And in other news, N.A.T.O formally admitted 7 new countries into their organization. We’ll have more news on that at 10.” Blinking, Amelia looked away from her daughters in surprise as she watched the news passing by on the TV. Odd, she must have tapped the remote without even realizing it.

Looking to her armrest where it was… it was gone. Glancing down to her two daughters, the frail woman smiled cheerfully as she saw Sophia holding it. She must have grabbed it when she wasn’t paying attention. Reaching for it back, Amelia pulled it away from the young blonde before changing the channel back to what it had been prior.

“I think you two have long ways to go before you’d want to watch that.” She chuckled. Looking back at their mother, both girls said nothing before directing their attention to the TV once more. “And the forecast for today calls for overcast with a 20% chance of rain. The temperature should be heating up though by Friday.”

Furrowing her brow, Amelia looked up in surprise before confusion crossed her features. It was on the news again. Glancing to the remote next to her now, the blonde wondered how it had changed on its own. She knew for a fact she didn’t do it… Lifting the remote up slowly to change it back, her eyes shifted as she glanced to her two daughters. Or more, how they seemed more focused now than before.

Frowning, she lowered the remote back down to her armrest before closing her eyes. ‘As long as they like it I guess it’s alright…’ Funny, she had never heard of a child let alone an infant who liked the news.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Watching with glee, Amelia looked to her husband with joy, as he watched the unusual sight in front of them. Both, Sophia and Alexis were walking! Stumbling slowly as they clung to one another, the two blondes now more so developed over the past two months, walked in unison as they looked around at their new surroundings for the first time.

Ever since they left the hospital, they had firmly been attached to their mother's side, and now it seemed freedom was on their minds. Shaking her head in disbelief, Amelia felt elated by the sight of her two little girls already walking. They were barely three months old! It shouldn’t be possible for them to do it… but they were both developing at such a staggering rate!

“M-Maybe we should call the Doctor… I-I mean, this is kind of… weird.” She offered, before looking to her husband who seemed just as troubled by the sight. “No, leave them be. We can’t afford any more bills. And visiting them now would bleed us dryer then we already are.”

Frowning from the way he said it, Amelia nodded sadly before looking back at her two girls. Making it a few more steps away, both twins paused before turning back around to look at their mother. “C-Come on, come to Mommy!” Smiling, both girls began walking back much to Amelia’s delight before they both crawled up to her chair.

Giggling, the blonde woman lifted her two girls back onto her lap before laying back, her arms shaking from the strenuous activity for today. Moving to his wife’s side, the dark haired man looked at his daughters silently before moving back. “I’ll go get your meds.” Nodding absently, Amelia continued to cuddle her little twins as she praised them quietly for their incredible feat.

These two little miracles were special. She just knew it!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Come on open up Sophia, please!” Turning her head away with disgust, the little blonde girl made a sour face at her mother as a spoon was put towards her face. It had been over a year now and she could finally start feeding her two girls real food, well… baby food. But it seemed just like the formula milk she tried to give them back then they hated this just as much!

Growling, the frail woman pushed the food away before grabbing a different jar. She had opened up six different kinds! “Please sweetie, you’ve got to like something. I-I know there not name brand, but you have to like... carrots, right?” Moving the new spoon towards her face, Amelia wanted to hang her head in shame as she saw the same look of disgust pass over her face.

Shaking her head, Amelia felt defeated now. What would it take to make her eat?! It had been three days! Moving to stand up, Amelia passed by her other daughter before looking at her in surprise. Sitting in a high chair just like her sister's, Alexis’s hands moved in and out of the discarded food she had tried to give Sophia as she played with them.

‘Great, at least your having a good time…’ Sighing, she moved into the living room slowly before grabbing the phone. She had to call someone about this. Anyone really. Her husband was at work, so maybe if she called the Hospital they frequented one of the nurses could-‘

Hearing a loud clatter in the kitchen, Amelia jumped before her eyes widened. “G-Girls!” Rushing back in, the sickly woman didn’t know what to expect… but this certainly wasn’t it. Standing out of her highchair and over her sisters, was Alexis… and, she was... feeding her. Feeding Sophia…

Watching in silent shock as the little blonde reached her hands into a mixed pallet of whatever it was she had been playing with, she soon moved her hand back over to Sophia’s mouth before the older of the two ate it. There was no protest however like there had been with her doing it.

Stepping closer quietly, Amelia watched the interaction in disbelief before looking to where Alexis had been. Picking up the jars that had fallen when she had gotten off her chair, the tired woman read them. ‘Strawberrys and bananas?’ Sniffing the mix, her nose soon picked up something else. Moving her finger over them hesitantly, she gently dabbed her finger in before bringing the digit to her lips.

Tasting whatever it was she had made, Amelia’s eyes slowly widened. ‘P-Peanuts?’ She tasted the fruits, but, also a nutty flavor as well. Looking across the table, her eyes quickly zoomed in on an open jar of peanut butter much to her shock. ‘B-B-But, I didn’t grab that from the pantry…’

Turning around slowly, her eyes moved back to her two daughters as she watched Alexis finishing up. Smiling at her sister, Sophia laughed quietly before moving her arms out towards her. Watching as the two girls began to hug one another, Amelia soon shook her head. ‘S-She didn’t like what I was feeding her… so her sister made her something better…’

Moving over to her daughters in complete silence, the shivering woman picked up her younger daughter before moving her back to the chair. “T-Thanks… Alexis…” Looking to her mother quietly, the girl soon smiled. ‘S-She, she couldn’t have really known what she was doing… right?’ Glancing to Sophia as she cleaned off her cheeks, the woman soon shook her head.

She was imagining things. And she was probably just tired. Something like this couldn’t have been real. It had been an accident, and a happy one at that actually. She now knew what her oldest liked to eat. Cleaning up the table after she fed Alexis who seemed much less picky about her meal than her sister had been, Amelia soon picked up her two little girls before moving back over to her recliner. She’d let her husband make them dinner later.

This was just too weird for her to understand…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Jolting awake from her slumber, Amelia groaned quietly as she felt her vision spinning. Coughing into her arm, the sickly woman looked around in a daze as she tried to remember what day it was. Her health had been declining more over the past couple years, and it seemed like days just blended together for her. Reaching into her lap, the sickly woman soon felt nothing there.

Looking down slowly, her face scrunched up as she tried to figure out where her daughters were. They usually clung to her day and night. They weren’t with her husband that was for certain. He worked every day and usually came back in the late evening. So, where had they gone?

Crawling to her feet slowly, the once blonde, coughed again as she felt her lungs painfully try to support her air flow. “S-Sophia… Alexis…” Hearing no response, not that they ever spoke to her directly at least, Amelia took to her hallways before looking down the corridor. “G-Girls, ‘cough,’ where are you two?” She knew they wandered from time to time, but usually, they were still within eyesight.

Coming to her bedroom door, she reached for the handle before noticing it was already open. Pushing the door open slowly, Amelia stepped inside before feeling relief pass over her. There they were both Sophia and Alexis, safe and sound… however…

Stepping over to her daughters, the trembling woman looked at them in surprise. They were on her husband’s computer. It was an old desktop that barely worked, but it was all they had… and it seemed like the twins were interested in it. “Girls, you nearly gave me a heart attack, heaven knows I have enough to worry about as is.” She chuckled darkly before looking back at her children.

Both blondes gazed up at the glowing screen in silence before directing their attention over to their mother ominously. Furrowing her brow, Amelia looked at the screen before seeing many, many things opened all at once. ‘W-Were… were they trying to use it?’ Frowning, the woman moved over to Alexis before picking her up so she could sit down on the small stool that the toddler had been standing on prior.

“Quite, uhh… quite the interest you girls have…” She mumbled more to herself than to her daughters. Closing out all the applications they had opened up, Amelia soon came to a google link before feeling her breath hitch. Spelled awkwardly in the search bar was a single word. Leukemia… looking down slowly at Alexis, the little blonde said nothing as she stared up at her sickly mother.

‘No… that can’t be right.’ T-They couldn’t have looked up that word. Hell, they couldn’t possibly know what it even was! Shaking her head, Amelia sighed. Maybe being cooped up in her home for so long was making her stir-crazy. Her husband probably looked something up earlier and left his browser up. Turning the computer off, the tired woman smiled at her two girls before picking them both up.

“Come on, both of you. Don’t run off like that again, you scared you’re Mommy.” Frowning as she saw some kind of expression cross over their faces, Amelia quietly made her way back to the living room in silence. Her daughters were strange… and smarter than any toddlers she had ever heard of before… but something like this wasn’t possible. It just wasn’t.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Coughing violently into a small rag, Amelia wheezed in pain before looking at the red spotted cloth she used. It had been a few months since her last episode… and her health had declined even more since it struck her. Her body had rejected this rounds treatment, and her white blood cells were just too sporadic now. The doctors said she wouldn’t make it through the year at this rate… but, she expected as much. It was no surprise to her, and if anything a bit of relief. Each day got harder and harder for her.

The bills they fought to keep off had finally caught up with them, and now food and electricity were the least of their worries. Her husband was working as much overtime as he could, to support them, but, that left her alone for hours on end. And it was painful, so painful to be like this. Frankly, she would have given up months ago… if not for them.

Hearing a small clink next to her, Amelia slowly turned her head before a smile crossed her lips. “T-Thank you, sweetie.” Looking up at her mother after setting a small cup down, Sophia smiled back. She didn’t know how this happened, or how they even knew what was going on around them, but her daughters after a few months into her decline began looking after her and not the other way around.

Both, Alexis and Sophia, wandered off on their own and did everything they could to help her. They got her meds; they made her food and brought her drinks. When the phone rang, they would give her it if it was the hospital or simply ignore it if it was a debt collector. She couldn’t fathom how they acted the way they did… but, she thanked god they did.

Watching in amusement as her oldest crawled on top of her, the little blonde reached for the drink before moving it over to her lips. Chuckling softly, before ending in a loud cough, Amelia gratefully accepted the drink before taking a long sip from it. ‘Tea…’ When did she learn to make tea? Moving the cup back, Sophia said nothing as she watched her mother in silence, a silence that had remained since they were born.

“W-Why, why do you girls never talk?” Looking up indifferently, Sophia turned her head. ‘You can understand me… can’t you?’ Shivering as she saw the blonde's head slowly nod back to her silent question, Amelia closed her eyes. She didn’t know how they did it… but she knew they could understand what she wanted to tell them, and even what she couldn’t.

Watching as her mother began to drift off, Sophia crawled off her before walking away. Moving down the hallways that lead to their mother’s bedroom or more, their bedroom as well, the little blonde looked up at her sister as Alexis stood on a small stool overlooking the computer. Much like Sophia had changed in the past few years so had Alexis. Her hair was just as long but unlike Sophia who began tying it on both ends of her head; Alexis preferred hers to fall down her back straightly.

It was mostly for their mothers benefit so she could tell which was which. Moving over to the stool, Sophia crawled up next to her sister before closing her eyes. Nodding her head quietly, Alexis looked over the page again before pointing to something. Reading what she was showing her, Sophia nodded before moving to the keyboard, her dainty fingers tapping away as they opened another link.

They wanted to learn more. They had to learn more. Knowledge was power… power. Turning their heads from the word, they began reading up on the word. Each word thereafter leading to more and more words as they filled out their glossary.

 

They had to know more… they couldn’t stop…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Stepping into the apartment, Mr. Artiste sighed tiredly before shutting the door behind him. Glancing into the Livingroom, her stared at his wife in silence before moving towards her. “Babe, babe?” Visibly scowling as he watched her stir momentarily before falling back asleep he cursed. Moving towards the kitchen, he pulled open the pill cabinet before pulling out a few prescriptions.

Stepping back with a small handful, he moved back over to his wife’s sleeping form before setting them down next to her half full cup of, tea? Shrugging, he moved back to the door before leaving. He had other stuff to do.

As the door was shut, two little heads popped out from the bedroom as they gazed at the front door for a long moment. Looking to one another, both girls nodded before running to the living room. Moving over to their mother, they looked her over thoroughly before Sophia pointed to the small pile of pills. Glaring, Alexis picked up each individually before leaving just a couple and taking the rest away.

Nodding, Sophia smiled to her sibling as she moved into the kitchen to put them away. They would be the only ones to help their mother. Their father had no say in this. They knew his secrets after all…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

It had been weeks, many weeks, but things were beginning to make sense now. Staring at the glaring screen with tired eyes, Alexis read over this month’s reports of her mother in silence before glancing at the documents that her father brought home the other day. Lifting the paper up before looking at the screen in front of her, Alexis soon smiled.

Closing her eyes momentarily, she heard the gentle pattering of her sister who ran into the room with a surprised look on her face. Nodding her head, she waved her older sibling over before making room for her, the small stool now just a bit too small for them both to stand on like they used to. Crawling over to the computer screen, Sophia read the documents before comparing them.

Grinning giddily, she hoped off before both blondes made their way to the kitchen. Pushing one of the chairs over to the table, they quickly climbed up them before looking over their… project. Scattered across the old wooden surface were many, many pills… along with other, oddities they had… procured.

Moving a bowl over from one of the piles, Alexis began pointing to different medications as Sophia moved them in. grinding them up, the little blonde worked hard as she followed her sister's instructions to the dot. They had only one shot at this.

After the pills were ground into a fine powder, Sophia moved her hands over to a couple of small vials. Pouring the contents in, they began mixing it up before cupping their faces, the sour smell coming out rather putrid to their sensitive noses. Looking over the grotesque mixture they had made, Sophia looked to her sister before smiling.

Mimicking her, Alexis helped her sister up before they moved off the table, the strange concoction the had made held carefully in hand. Coming into the Livingroom slowly, both twins grew saddened at the sight of their mother.

Amelia was very pale, and her skin had sweat beading off of it like a faucet. She was barely holding on. Lifting the heavy bowl on her own, Alexis smiled before crawling on top of the unconscious woman. Taking the bowl carefully, her hands shook from the weight before feeling it slowly leave her as Sophia’s hand clutched her leg.

Smiling to her sister, Alexis lifted the small ceramic bowl up with ease now before bringing it to her mother’s lips. Prying her mouth open, Alexis shut her eyes before nodding. Pouring the foul paste past her lips, the little blonde made sure not to spill even a single drop. As the last of the unknown concoction was fed to her, Alexis moved the back to Sophia before touching her mother’s temple.

Crawling up next to her sister, Sophia mimicked her actions as she held her mother’s head gently. Gritting their teeth as they felt the woman convulsing under them, both girls began to pant as they felt themselves grow weak… but, it was done…

Letting go of her mother’s head, Alexis breathed quietly as she felt Sophia’s hands wrap around her gently. Nodding, she was moved off the prone woman as Sophia carried her effortlessly back to the bedroom. They needed to leave their mother alone now. She needed to heal on her own from now on… they did all they could.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Opening her eyes tiredly, Amelia felt her vision shifting from left and right, along with a strange ringing in her ears and a foul taste in her mouth. Groaning, the frail woman leaned up slowly before looking around. It was light outside. Was it morning? What time was it? Moving to stand up, her legs wobbled beneath her as she tried to get up. ‘W-What day is this…’ she couldn’t remember, anything.

Inching across her carpet, the tired woman made her way to the kitchen before recoiling in shock. The place was a mess! Containers littered the ground, varies plates were broken; food cans had been torn apart and cleaned out. It looked like wild animals had raided the place!

Fear entered her eyes now as the weak woman stumbled back with worry. “G-G-Girls, girls! Sophia, Alexis, where are you!” Staggering through her hallways, she moved to her bedroom, but they weren’t there. Looking into the bathroom, and the closets and just about anywhere else she could think of, Amelia soon began to tear up. Cupping her mouth as she felt a horrible sense of dread take over, she cried.

Where were her children? Hearing the front door to the apartment open up, however, her eyes suddenly widened. “T-Tom? TOM! Running to the Livingroom, expecting to see her husband coming home, her shock was soon evident as she froze in surprise, and relief by who she saw.

Blinking, Alexis looked up at her mother speechless as she carried a small plastic bag in her hands, Sophia moving up behind her with two brown paper ones stretched on her arms. Covering her mouth, Amelia felt a new wave of tears fall as she looked at her daughters. They were so, old! They had to be at least four or five, but, it was them!

Just how long had she been away…? Dropping their bags, both girls ran to their mother with wide smiles on their faces as they clung to her, her tears not misleading to them at all as they looked at the happiness beneath them. “S-Sophia… A-Alexis… girls…” Crying harder, Amelia clung to her children as she wailed.

She had been scared to death by their disappearance… and even now was scared to see them how they were… but they were safe, safe in her arms. Hugging her girls closer, Amelia shook her head. She didn’t know what was going on anymore… but she didn’t care.

Her girls were safe…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Y-Yes, thank you, Doctor Jefferson… I’ll see you then…” Clicking the phone, Amelia’s eyes beaded as she processed what she had just heard. Today was September 27th… 2007. The last thing she remembered before her memories grew faded was it being October of 2006. She, she was asleep or at least inhibited for over a year… and she didn’t even know it.

Her Doctor had confirmed that she hadn’t been there in a year and that she even switched health care providers. She didn’t have any knowledge of any of this. Feeling a gentle tug on her robe, the troubled woman looked down in silence as she saw Sophia holding up a large tray with food and drinks on it. ‘This isn’t a dream… is it?’ Her four-year-old daughters… had been taking care of her this whole time… hadn't they?

Jumping as she felt her hand tugged on lightly, she turned back as Alexis pulled her over to her chair. Nodding her head slowly, Amelia walked back to her recliner before sitting down, the heavy tray her daughter held being set on top of her before both girls smiled up at her.

Looking down at her food, Amelia shook her head again. ‘Chicken soup, with baked sweet potatoes, grilled peppers & garlic… and a glass of green tea.’ They had made her a dish of immunity strengthening foods… Looking back at her daughter's proud faces, the blonde shook her head again. ‘A-Are they really my little girls…?’ Watching as a crestfallen look overtook their faces, Both Sophia and Alexis moved to either side of her arms before pointing to the food.

Nodding her head slowly, she took a sip of the tea as she tried to figure everything out. She wanted to know just what had been going on this past year. Why did she leave her hospital? Why were her daughters taking care of her? Where was her husband…? Blinking, Amelia looked around before directing her attention to her two daughters.

“W-Where’s Tom?” Turning their heads in confusion, Amelia shook hers before rephrasing her question. “W-W-Where is your father?” immediately both siblings knew who she meant before their faces darkened. Watching as they both turned away, Amelia felt fear grip her. They, they knew something!

“W-Where, is your father! Sophia, Alexis, talk to me! I know you can speak, so stop acting like you can’t!” Shaking their heads slowly, both little girls trembled as they tried to not look their mother in her eyes. “ANSWER ME!” Cringing away, Sophia shook as did her sister before they looked to each other. Watching as they saw their mother’s fearful eyes on them both, Alexis nodded her head slowly.

Taking the tray off her lap, Sophia moved it to the floor before Alexis crawled onto her mother’s lap. Looking down at her daughter confused, she had little time to process what was going on before the blonde’s hands touched her forehead.

“A-Alexis, what… are, you… do…” Not even finishing her sentence, Amelia fell back in her chair as she saw images passing over her mind… images of something, horrifying…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Several months back ~

 

 

“Yeah babe, I’ll pick up whatever you want when I get done here. Please, she isn’t even awake half the time. Like she’d ever realize we’re a thing. Alright, babe, I love you too. I’ll see you tonight.” Clicking his phone off, Thomas Artiste smiled in amusement as he walked up the steps to his old apartment, well, not as old as he’d like just yet.

The bank was foreclosing on his loans so this place was almost theirs. It was just a matter of time now. But, that didn’t bother him. With creditors after him and his wife, along with debt collectors riding his ass, he chose to simply let them have whatever they wanted. It wouldn’t matter much longer anyway. All his money problems would soon disappear… along with the cause of them.

Turning the key to the apartment, the dark haired man stepped inside before looking around. The place was desolate as usual… Looking over to his wife and her motionless form, a smile soon grew over his features. “Hey baby, you awake?” Chuckling from the lack of response he’d come to accept, Thomas strolled inside before tossing the papers he had just picked up onto the counter.

Moving into the kitchen, he shook his head in amusement. Here he was struggling to get by with his good for nothing wife, and all along, while she had been bleeding him dry, it never dawned on him just how much of a cash cow he had been sitting on.

Pulling out a can of ale, he pulled the tab before letting the cool liquid within sting his throat. Sighing, he kicked the door shut before pacing back. Smiling brightly from the lucky break, he shook his head once more, disbelief evident on his features. There was no way to predict it, but, his wife’s life insurance policy he signed off on a year ago was eventually approved… and the sum was set for a pretty one hundred thousand dollars. Plenty enough to get all these assholes of his back, and have plenty left over for his new girl on the side. She was an upgrade from his current model too. Smiling as he remembered the dinner date with his wife’s cute nurse he had been seeing for some time, he set the empty can down on the table before pacing back over towards her.

When he had first hooked up with Amelia, things were great, then shit hit the fan and she dragged him down with her. ‘Death do us part my ass.’ Like hell, he’d see this shit show through. Glancing at the unconscious woman’s nightstand next to her chair, he soon grinned. The pills he left out a few weeks ago were all gone.

Leaning down over her, Thomas extended his hand before confusion danced across his face. He could feel her breath on the back of his hand. Was she still kicking? “Damn you’re a pain in the ass, you know that?” Smirking, he shook his head before strolling back over to the kitchen.

“Time to up the dosage. If enough drugs to kill a cow didn’t work, let’s try a horse this time,” He laughed, his morbid joke amusing him greatly after all the pain she had caused him. Grabbing a handful of morphine pills, along with a few other strengtheners, and a few propofol the doctor had given him in case she was suffering for good measure; he shook the small cocktail in his hand before moving back to his wife.

“Come on baby wakey, wakey. Time to take your meds.” However… there had been one thing he had forgotten, or more, two things… two, unexpected things. Jumping in surprise, Thomas clutched his chest before cursing as the pills he had been holding fell onto the floor. Standing in front of their mother, was Sophia and Alexis, and they didn’t look happy.

“Jesus you two are still here?” He had been leaving the apartment off and on, and he had been hoping these two would eventually wander off. Hell, they knew how to walk on their own when they were infants for crying out loud! Sighing, he shook his head as he looked at his two daughters… no, they really weren’t his, at least in his eyes.

Amelia getting pregnant had been one of the biggest mistakes of his life. And the fact the two little urchins survived from the shit he signed her up for was even more annoying. The last thing he wanted was children. Smiling down at his two girls, Thomas shook his head as he began picking up the pills. “You two should go out for a bit, you know, exploring or whatever kids are doing at your age.” Waving his hand at them, he expected them to do something… but not just stand there.

Glancing back at the twins, the dark haired man grew annoyed. “Alright, go to your room then, daddy needs to give your mommy something so she’ll feel all better.” He grinned. He didn’t know why he felt like taunting, they were just kids after all. It’s not like they would understand any of his words anyways.

Moving to step past them, he was soon stopped however as Sophia moved in front of him. “The hell, come on move it, Sophie, or Sarah? Whatever she named you.” Glaring at the man they never called a father; both twins remained where they were as they clutched something tightly in their hands. Noticing it as well, Thomas looked down before his eyes widened.

They were holding the life insurance policy he had been given a copy of. “Ok, come on give it back,” He chuckled before growing irritated as Sophia’s hand shot away, the paper being tossed behind her. “Ok, now you’re bothering me. Go to your room!” He barked, but, they didn’t budge an inch.

Growling, he moved towards the closer of the two before shoving Alexis to the ground and stepping past them. “Damn you two are such a-“Gasping as the words suddenly left his mouth before he screamed. Flying backwards into the wall, he wheezed in pain as his eyes lingered on Sophia glaring hatefully at him. Grinding her sensitive teeth, Sophia felt her anger skyrocket as she felt the painful impact of her sister.

“You fucking brat!” Crawling it his feet, he staggered forward in rage. He had no idea what the hell she did but that hurt! However… stopping slowly, he looked down in shock as he felt his body stiffening. “W-W-What the hell?!” Helping her sister up, Sophia watched as Alexis’s hands twitched in the air, an ominous look present on her young face. Looking at his two daughters, Thomas shook with fear. Were they doing this to him!?

After making sure her sister was alright, Sophia directed her attention back to the man in front of them before she stormed over, her hands already outstretched as she willed her anger towards him. “H-H-Hey, g-get back, GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK!”

Shoving her fingers into the man, Sophia squeezed his legs hard, the bones beneath his skin cracking in the process. Screaming in pain as lightning coursed through his veins from the child’s touch, he soon fell to the ground in agony. ‘Don’t… touch… MOTHER!’

Looking up in shock from the resonating screams in his mind, his eyes widened in horror by what he was witnessing. ‘W-What… the fuck…’ Standing over the man, Sophia towered above him as she panted in anger. She was at least three story’s tall!

Clenching her fists, Sophia twitched as she felt anger from her sister screaming through her mind. Nothing was hidden to them. Nothing was sacred to them. Nothing was above their knowledge, their power... They had power. Power other people didn’t have. And she was going to show her daddy just what this power could do.

Lifting her barefoot up, the downed man had little time to process what was going on before letting out a bloodcurdling scream as the gigantic sole of his daughter slammed on top of him. Stomping her foot on her shrunken father, Sophia grit her teeth as she raised it back up. He was still moving…

Crying in pain, Thomas looked up in terror as he saw the toddler's bus-sized sole hovering above him. “H-He-lp…” He tried to speak, but, only a wheeze left his lungs as he felt his body broken and immovable, the pain alone enough to leave him paralyzed on the spot. Lowering her foot slowly, deliberately slowly, Sophia soon stomped on the diminutive man as she felt both her and her sister's rage urging her on.

Screaming angrily, she slowly started to twist her foot into the shag carpeting as she witnessed the pain through her sister’s eyes. Watching in silence, Alexis’s lips twitched into a cruel smile as her hands lowered, the need to restrain the man no longer a necessity. He wasn’t going to move… ever again.

Panting, Sophia closed her eyes before lifting her foot back off Thomas… or, what was left of him. Glaring down at the stain on the carpet, the blonde began wiping off the mess she made before moving back to her sister's side.

Clutching Sophia tightly, Alexis clung to her as she hugged her sibling. clinging to one another, both blondes closed their eyes as they felt the faintest hints of something else flow into them from their actions after all the anger dissipated. They had just done something bad… and they knew it. But they would do anything, to keep their Mother safe.

 

Even if it meant hurting those who tried to hurt her…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Watching as her vision began to slowly return to normal, Amelia was speechless by what she just saw in her mind… it, it was like she watching TV, her eyes being gateways into someone else’s memories… no, not someone else… theirs…

Shivering with fear, the crippled woman looked down at her two children as they stood in front of her, their eyes locked on the ground instead of her. “W-W-What…” Reaching her hand out to her sisters, Alexis closed her eyes as she felt her mother’s emotions… they weren’t good…

Cupping her mouth, Amelia shook her head. Tom… he, he was dead… she didn’t imagine any of it. She had seen it all as if she had been there for the entire thing. Shaking, Amelia felt fears forming over her eyes. Her husband was dead… he was dead… and they killed him…

Looking up slowly, their faces crestfallen by what they felt coming from their own mother, both girls moved towards her before jumping back in shock as the tray on her lap was flung towards them. “S-S-STAY BACK! G-Get away from me!”

Trembling, Sophia reached her hand out towards her mother before flinching as something hit her chest. Crawling back on her chair, fear wracking her body, Amelia began to scream. “S-STAY AWAY! G-GET AWAY FROM ME YOU… YOU… YOU MONSTERS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

Well i hope you enjoyed and have been waiting a long time for it :D

Please review and tell me what you think. I hope to get some input after so long.

Bye guys, :)

I'll try to have the next one up sooner than two months!

Why We're Here... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Welcome back people, i'm glad to have this chapter out so soon. I, I think i'll try to push them out a bit quicker since i think a lot of my old fans left the story...

But, i'm hoping i can make new ones to. :)

If your expecting a lot of action in the next chapter there probably won't be because i'm revealing the twins past, and theres a bit to go over. So please bear with it. I think you'll like it.

Please review if you can, even a couple words makes me happy because i know i'm not just writing for writings sake and i'm making a story for others to enjoy.

But, if you don't want to I understand...

 

Enjoy

 

 

 

 

Monster.



Monster…



Mon·ster…



‘Monster, an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening. An inhumanly cruel or wicked person. A person, typically a child, who is rude or badly behaved. A thing or animal that is excessively or dauntingly large.’



Both Sophia and Alexis ran the word through their mind. It had been a word they had seen months back but it surprised them the first time they found out about it. Thankfully the images and beings they saw weren’t real after more studying… but…



‘Monster… she called us… monsters…’


‘Creatures that are frightening… and scary…’



Looking up in shock as they saw their mother weeping and screaming at them incoherently, Sophia slowly began to shake. ‘M-M-Monster… s-she thinks us monsters…?’ Taking a step towards the cowering woman, the blonde soon stepped back as her screams intensified.


“NO, S-S-STAY AWAY FROM ME!” Feeling on onslaught of emotions suddenly hit her, Sophia turned around before looking down at her sister who was on her knees crying, an unendurable expression over her features as she saw… no, felt, the horror their mother was feeling towards them.


‘MONSTER… MONSTER… S-SHE THINKS WERE MONSTERS?!’ Looking up at her big sister in pain, Alexis shook her head before running to her mother’s side. “M-MOMMY! D-Don’t s-say that… p-p-please…” Choking on her own breath speechlessly, Sophia soon turned to her sister as she saw her shoved to the ground.


“D-D-DON’T TOUCH ME! S-SOMEONE, H-HELP!” Realizing this was becoming too much to bear, let alone hear, Sophia did the only thing she could think of. Slamming her hands onto her mother’s leg, the woman continued to scream and even thrash before… everything started to go blank.


Falling back into her chair, Amelia’s eyes lulled shut before she was completely out cold. Panting slowly, the older of the twins looked up at the woman in front of her in silence before feeling her cheeks dampen. “M-Mom…” Shuddering, she fell to the ground alongside her sister before breaking out in tears.


‘Monster… she thinks we’re monsters… she hates us… she fears us… Mommy…’ Crying as hard as Alexis, Sophia clung to her sister as she cradled her close. They had never felt anything like this. It hurt… it hurt so much…



They had to fix it. They had to make their Mother see them…



They weren’t monsters…


They weren’t…



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


“H-H-Here… I-I made you, I mean, w-we both made you something to eat… s-so please eat it… Y-You need to eat something, Mommy!”

Sitting in her recliner, Amelia gazed off distantly as she heard their voices near her. It had been a week now. A week since she found out what those creatures truly were. They weren’t her little girls… they weren’t even human…


And now… they tormented her. Glancing down, her eyes being just about all she could move in her current state, Amelia made no noise as she watched Sophia moving a tray onto her lap, her arms shaking profusely as she avoided looking at her directly.


“P-Please… drink this! You haven’t eaten in two days!” Sophia choked out as she moved a cup up to her mother’s lips, a straw sticking out partially so she didn’t even need to move to reach it any further. Staring down at Sophia with contempt, the mentally entrapped woman did nothing as she felt the straw pass between her lips.


Waiting, Sophia soon grit her teeth before yanking the drink back angrily. “YOU NEED TO DRINK SOMETHING! PLEASE MOTHER!” Looking back at her daugh… the girl, indifferently, Amelia closed her eyes as she waited for them to go away, their voices still haunting her now as she heard them talking to her.


It had shocked her to no end when they first spoke to her… after four years it was a surprise to hear their voices. They were sophisticated. Much too sophisticated for toddlers… they couldn’t be human. But, that was because they were monsters.


Setting the drink down with trembling hands, Sophia shook her head bitterly as she stared up at the woman they cherished deeply. “W-Were not monsters! W-We’re your daughters… we remember you! You held us… you cared for us… and you loved us!” Sophia spat angrily before looking to her sister’s silent form.


Things of the emotions were much stronger given her gifts and personality… and while she acted composed on the outside, nothing was hidden to either of them. She was breaking apart on the inside… and she couldn’t even address Amelia anymore. It just hurt her too much.


Her thoughts were like daggers that stabbed into her every time she tried to do something for her. So… eventually she just stopped. Sophia had to take over. She just couldn’t do it anymore. Looking up at her sister’s strength, Alexis whimpered quietly as she saw the blonde straddling her mother’s lap with a spoon in hand.


“P-P-Please… D-Don’t force me to make you eat again… I… I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO CONTROL YOU!” Sophia cried out… but, it was no use. Looking to her sister in pain, Alexis slowly shook her head. She wasn’t going to eat… she wasn’t going to drink.


After she had screamed at them endlessly they had to force her to remain still and silence her words… but… it only made their mother hate them more. They tried to bring her things… they tried to ease her pain. They did anything and everything they could think of…


But… she still hated them. Dropping the spoon she had been holding back into the tray, Sophia cried softly before crawling off her mother’s lap. “W-We’ll… we’ll go find you something else you like… w-we’ll be back shortly…” She choked out before taking the tray away from the woman and moving out of site, Alexis following quietly after her with the same defeated look across her face.


As she was left alone again, Amelia continued to gaze off in front of her as she tried to forget. Forget their words… forget this pain… forget them.



They weren’t her daughters… they were toying with her… they were just... monsters…


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Gazing down with hatred filled eyes, Amelia looked at the two tired faces of the little blondes on her lap as she willed her arms away from them… but of course, they didn’t listen. She was a prisoner of her own body… and she couldn’t do anything about it…


Cuddling on their mother's lap, both Sophia and Alexis said nothing as they clung to the woman’s touch. It was warm… but, not loving like it used to be. They’d do anything to get it back. Sniffling, Alexis clenched her eyes as tears welled up again. She cried every day… but she couldn’t get sympathy anymore from her sister… because she was just as broken from this as her…


Shivering next to her younger sibling, Sophia gripped Amelia closer as she tried to imagine her hugging them back. “W-W-We love you Mom… whether you want to believe it or not… we love you…” Biting her lip in pain, Sophia clenched her eyes as she felt her mother’s feelings relayed back to her via Alexis…


She was mad… sad… afraid… and many other emotions as well. And this pain they caused her couldn’t be healed. Whatever gifts they had couldn’t heal her… this pain was caused by their mistakes… and in the end, this was the costs they had to pay…

 

Would their mother ever love them again…



.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



“Y-Y-Your hairs beautiful… I guess it’s where we got ours from…” Looking at her reflection in the mirror, Amelia felt her emotions shifting back and forth as she witnessed the impossible happen yet again. Her hair was growing back. The chemotherapy she had gone through killed off all follicles on her head and she was told nothing could bring them back.


But, this wasn’t a wig. Nor was it some kind of trick… she could feel it. Feel the girl’s fingers trailing through her short blonde hair. Brushing her dainty hand back and forth, Sophia smiled a small smile as she felt a hint of something else from their mother for a change. It was minuscule but, for once, Alexis felt happiness.


“We… we know you’re not ready to move on your own yet… but when you are… at least, when we know you won’t react the way you did last time… we want you to call your doctor and make an appointment. We fixed you, Mom… You’re not sick anymore…”


Listening halfheartedly to the younger girls words, Amelia continued to look at her reflection in fascination. Fixed her… what did she mean by that…? ‘Your cured Mommy… y-you, don’t have it anymore. You know what we mean…’


Shivering as she heard her youngest daughter’s voice in her mind, Amelia’s eyes quickly hardened… along with the voice leaving her swiftly. “P-Please stop… w-we just wanted to protect you… please…” Sophia whispered shrilly before lowering the mirror.


“W-We’re going to bed now… G-G-Good night Mom… A-Alexis say’s good night to…” Crawling off the woman’s lap, Sophia soon left her as she made her way to the bedroom to cuddle her sister. A step forward… and then another step back.
They’d fix this… she knew they could. It would just take time… lots and lots of time. Staring at the empty living room now, Amelia’s eyes soon shut as she felt fatigue set in. when her daughters weren’t around she felt really tired… but she didn’t know why.


Remembering her reflection, the blonde soon wondered if they spoke the truth or not. Cured… she couldn’t have been cured by two little girls. It was… impossible…

But that word meant little anymore…

Perhaps… perhaps she was… and they weren’t lying to her…

Only time would tell…


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



“See you're doing much better, we told you, Mommy!” Sophia chirped in excitement as she watched the once crippled woman walking steadily back and forth. It had been two months since the events unfolded with her finding out what her daughters were… but, it seemed like an eternity in actuality.


But some point during the process… she started to see the two little monsters who were impersonating her daughters… in a different light. Gripping the chair in front of her, Amelia steadied herself before taking another step, and another, and another.


She was walking like she used to. There was still a stumble here and there, but, she wasn’t a shambling mess like before that left her chair bound for so long. Coming towards the kitchen, Amelia’s eyes met with the window as she saw her reflection looking back at her.


Her skin was no longer pale, and her hair was down to her shoulders. She was walking again… and eating now too. If anyone saw her now… they probably would have never guessed she has Leukemia… ‘You don’t have it, Mother… we told you, it’s gone. We cured you.’


Looking down at her side, her eyes landed on Alexis as she stood close by her. ‘We… we found out what caused it, and we made your body eliminate it. You’re going to get better with each day… just wait and see.’ Smiling timidly as she felt the woman’s emotions no longer screaming their hatred for her, the little blonde’s arms lifted slowly.


‘C-C-Can… Can I hug you now…?’ Clenching her hands into fists, Amelia shut her eyes as she tried to get rid of the voice in her mind… regardless of which it belonged to. Lowering her hands, Alexis shook in sadness before turning back to her sister and moving away.


Patting Alexis, the older of the two smiled as she hugged her sibling instead. ‘Its progress… she, she doesn’t hate us outright anymore. We can win her over with time. Please bear with it a while longer Alexis…’ Nodding her head in sadness, the little blonde sniffled before pulling away from her sister.


‘I-I’ll… I’ll continue with our project… tell me if something changes…’ Nodding her head, Sophia moved over to her mother now before pulling on her robe. “You should sit down now… You need to exercise your muscles but you can’t force yourself either. Please…”


Stepping back slowly, Amelia began walking back to her chair before she sat down. Running wasn’t an option. She had considered it for a long time… but it would do little for her in the end. They could control her body… force her to do things she didn’t want to do. The last thing she wanted to do was anger the benign monsters or provoke them.


Twitching from the thoughts being relayed to her, Sophia chose not to speak as she moved back into the kitchen. ‘A-A-All wounds will heal… t-time… we just need time…’ Sniffling, Sophia wiped her eyes dry before pouring her mother a glass of tea.


Until that day she healed and saw them for who they really were, though… they would be right at her side, beck, and call.


They loved their mother… and she’d see it someday.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Feeling her lips forming a small smile, a smile that had been gone for months now, Amelia looked down at her handiwork in fulfillment. She was currently sitting in her recliner with a small fabric painting she had made in hand. Sewing had been a fond hobby she had awhile back but after her hands grew too frail to use a needle and thread properly she had to give it up…


But even after all this time, it seemed she hadn’t lost her touch. Watching in fascination, Sophia sat on the woman’s legs in silence as she looked at the design being made from the back. Thinking about ways to make their mother happy, Alexis had delved into her mind and found out about one of her old passions, and it seemed it was still strong.


Apparently, she used to sew for a small company for a few months before she was fired abruptly… the full reason why they couldn’t gleam regrettably since even Amelia didn’t know. But, she still liked doing this, and it seemed to be cheering her up.


Turning her head curiously as an image became clearer and clearer, the blonde smiled giddily. “It’s really beautiful Mother.” Cupping her mouth, Sophia froze up as she watched the needle suddenly twitch in her hands from her voice as it pierced her finger.


Blinking, Amelia looked down before scowling. A drop of blood had dripped onto the white fabric she had been sewing… now it was ruined. Shivering, Sophia moved her hand up to her mother’s hand before cupping the small puncture wound.


Watching in silence as the little blonde clenched and unclenched her hand’s, they were soon removed before she could see her finger. The cut was now gone. “I-I’m really sorry… I didn’t mean to ruin your project…” She whispered before looking away in shame.


Gazing back at Sophia, Amelia felt something tugging at her from within before directing her attention back to the cloth fabric. Moving her needle back to it, she began stitching again as she tried to make a new design in it.


After a couple of minutes, she soon flipped it over before showing it to the penitent toddler. Blinking slowly, Sophia looked at the painting in surprise before whimpering. “I-I-It’s beautiful…” Where the red dot of blood had landed, she had stitched petals around it… to make a rose.


Smiling in silence, Amelia looked back at her drawing before she continued where she had left off prior. She wasn’t sure why she did that… but she didn’t want to see her cry again… it bothered her now…


A lot of things did…

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


“Why are you here…”


Looking up slowly, both Sophia and Alexis looked at their mother as they rested on her lap, her expression emotionless as she stared at them both. Sifting through her thoughts, Alexis nodded as she understood what she meant by the odd question that had come seemingly out of nowhere.


“We… We don’t know. We don’t know why we’re here… and we don’t know why we can do the things we can. But… we do know that we’re your daughters… and you’re our Mother.” Sophia whispered. They had thought long and hard on a matter such as this.


Why they were born. Why they could do things others couldn’t. Were they a cosmic mistake? A savior to the unknown. Were they destined for greatness? To usher in pain… these were questions regular people couldn’t answer themselves…


So why did she expect them to have an answer? Nodding her head mutely, Amelia said nothing else as she continued to hold the two girls. Her general demeanor towards them was changing with every passing month… and it seemed like now she was starting to see them as human.


They acted with good intentions. They tried to do things for her and each other. They even stopped controlling her actions… Wiggling her fingers slowly, Amelia’s mind grew dark for a moment as she looked down at the two girls resting in her lap.


Their backs were turned to her… and her hands were free to move as she saw fit. She was stronger now… and she could probably stop them before they even realized what was going on… Blinking slowly, Amelia quickly clenched her eyes and fists as she willed the horrific idea from her mind.


She didn’t know where it came from… maybe out of fear? But whatever it was, it was gone now. Moving her hands slowly towards the girls, she gently stroked their shoulders before feeling them jump from her touch. That was new.


As quick as it came, it was gone, though, and they were cuddling closer to her touch once more. Staring off in silent fear, both Sophia and Alexis made no sounds as they felt the malicious intent that had come from their mother.


‘S-S-She didn’t do anything…’ ‘N-N-No… she didn’t…’ Shuddering a bit from the hands on their shoulders, they began to close their eyes as they tried to forget about it. She didn’t go through with it… with her dark thoughts.


She was ready.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Sitting at the foot of her chair, Amelia waited patiently for her daughters to get ready. Today was the day they went back to her old hospital… and the time to find out the truth if she was really cured like they said or not. But, she pretty much already knew it to be true at this point.


She wasn’t taking medicine anymore. Her symptoms were all but gone. Her once beautiful golden locks were flowing down her back once more like a golden waterfall again. And the look of death no longer acquainted her body or face.
She looked like anyone else… Sighing, Amelia shook her head as she thought about things. Many things… Her life, her so called daughters… a second chance? What was the meaning of it all? Why was she given a new lease on life and why after she acted the way she did… towards them.


Thinking back to the first time she found out about her daughter's actions and powers Amelia grew agitated. She… she still felt anger for their chooses. They had killed him… killed Thomas. But at the same time, they cured her… they saved her life and took care of her till she was better.


Why did they do such horrific things one day… and such nurturing ones the next? It didn’t add up to her. What were they… her girls… or monsters? Gazing off to the end of the wall where it all happened, her eyes landed on a small red stain on the carpet.


‘Tom…’ She saw it all with her own eyes. He had come in one day, went towards her and then her little girls had attacked him all of a sudden after he shoved Alexis away from her. But, it didn’t make sense. She tried to figure it out, but… it seemed like every time she tried to bring it up, as painful as it was, both Sophia and Alexis redirected the question.


They were hiding something. And that was what caused her such distress in the first place. Perhaps they really were just… Monsters. As her eyes lingered on the red blotch on the ground, something soon caught her attention. There was something crinkled up on the floor near the corner of the room.


Usually not an odd thing to see, her daughters didn’t seem to like to clean much but… it was pestering her, one random paper in the middle of a seemingly clean Livingroom. Standing up, Amelia stretched her legs before making her way over to it, careful not to approach the remains of her husband…


Picking up the parchment, her eyes looked it over before she unwrinkled it and scanned its contents. It was a formal document… and it had all her information on it… and it was, a life insurance policy? Furrowing her brow as she continued to read its contents her confusion grew exponentially now.


‘But, I never signed for one…’ But her signature was on the paper… right next to her husbands… This couldn’t be right. “DON’T TOUCH THAT!” Blinking, Amelia turned around in surprise as she saw Sophia wide-eyed and horrified. “W-What do you mean-“Gasping as her hand clenched on its own, the woman watched in shock as she tossed the paper away?


Looking back at Sophia as she breathed slowly, her head shook in dismay as she saw the confusion on her mother’s face slowly falling away. She wasn’t stupid… As the final piece of the puzzle clicked in her mind, Amelia’s eyes beaded as it dawned on her why that was there.


She had seen Alexis holding it in her mind… and throwing it away when Thomas tried to grab it. It was a life insurance policy… that he took out on her. As the restriction on her hand lifted, her hands moved up to her mouth slowly as she felt the horror of what she just figured out.


Crying out angrily, Sophia moved over to her mother’s side, Alexis not far behind as they both clung to her legs. “S-S-STOP, I-IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK! He, we…” Gritting her teeth, Sophia looked at Alexis pleadingly before she nodded in pain.


“WE KILLED HIM BECAUSE WE WANTED TO!”
“WE KILLED HIM BECAUSE WE WANTED TO!”


Crying harder, both twins shook their heads in pain. “I-It was all us… we hated him from the start! He neglected us, a-a-and we didn’t like him!”, “We wanted you alone for ourselves and no one else!”, “W-We’re… we’re monsters!”, “W-We’re horrible monsters!”


Both girls screamed whatever came to mind in an attempt to distract their mother, but… it wasn’t working. She wasn’t even listening at this point. Crying in pain, Amelia continued to shake her head as she felt the traumatizing realization crash all around her. Her husband… wanted her dead… and this whole time, while she hated her very own children… they were the ones who had been protecting her, to begin with… from him.


“NO, WE KILLED HIM FOR… FOR FUN!”, “WE WANTED HIM TO DIE!” Clenching her eyes tightly, Amelia shook her head as her lips parted. “You… you two knew… this whole time you knew… and you didn’t tell me… why…?” Crying in tandem, both Sophia and Alexis looked at their mother in pain.


“W-We… We wanted to kill-““STOP IT!” Amelia shrieked as she looked at her two sniveling girls. Attempting to speak, Sophia tried to say something, anything… but… it was over. She knew. ‘W-We wanted to protect you… we didn’t want you to h-hurt anymore…’


Looking at Alexis as she cried just as hard as Sophia, the blonde shook her head. “B-B-But why! You… You made me think… think you were…” Feeling new emotions of horror cross her features, Amelia started to choke as the pain only intensified. She had been shunning her daughters for months… and they still didn’t tell her the truth… because they knew it would hurt her.


Wailing loudly, Amelia’s hands shot out and she gripped her two girls tightly. “WHY! WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY!” Biting their lips, neither girl said a word as they hugged their mother. They wanted to save her from this… save her this pain. The pain they had known would be too much for her. But in the end… they failed…


“I’m sorry… I’m s-so sorry… I’m sorry…. I-I’m sorry… I-I-I’m so s-sorry…” Amelia began rambling as she broke down, her pain excruciating to all three of them as they held onto one another. The truth was out now… everything…

And they’d just have to repair the damage that had been done… one step at a time… like they did with the other pains they had been battling since the very beginning…


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Crying softly, Amelia clutched Alexis into her chest as she kneeled on the ground. It hurt so much… looking down at her silent child; Amelia continued to hold her close. “I’m sorry… I’m, so, sorry…” Reaching her hand upwards, Alexis remained silent as she wiped away her mother’s tears.


‘We know…’ Sniffling, the blonde woman cuddled her close as she whispered her penitence. She had made… such horrible mistakes… and they just forgave her! Why… why did she deserve them… they weren’t monsters! She was…


Cupping her cheeks, Alexis looked up at her Mother sternly as she continued to wipe tear after tear away. ‘P-Please stop… please… we know you would feel like this… and this is why we said nothing.’ Alexis voiced in her mind causing the woman to cry harder.


Even now, she still thought odd of her little girl for her abilities. But she was still her child. She should have never done the things she did to her… or to Sophia for that matter. They were her baby girls… and she rejected them.


Stepping back into the room, Sophia looked to her mother in sadness before directing her attention to Alexis. “The checks cleared. We’re good to go with the next phase.” Nodding her head in acknowledgment, Alexis closed her eyes as she continued to snuggle into her mother.


Sniffling, Amelia looked to her older child in confusion. “C-Check? What are you talking about?” Frowning, Sophia moved over to her mother’s side before patting her shoulder. “We’ll tell you about this stuff later on. I think you might want to rest after-“


Freezing up as her hand was clenched, the younger blonde looked at her mother in surprise. “N-N-No… I want to know everything. Please… I-I’ve neglected you both… for so long… please, tell me what’s going on. Tell me everything that’s happening. Tell me… if I can help you…”


Both twins looked up at the woman now in surprise as they processed her words. ‘She feels remorse… and she wants to atone for her sins… Even if we forgive her, she won’t accept it. What do we do?’ Watching Sophia in silence, Amelia felt fear as the lack of response stretched on. Did… did they hate her for what she’s done… and didn’t want her in their lives anymore…?


Clenching onto her mother’s hand, Sophia’s eyes shot open in shock. “D-D-DON’T THINK THAT!” She screeched. Shivering, her eyes shifted to Alexis as she began to sob. “We… we’ll tell you everything… please don’t think we don’t want you in our lives, Mom! We love you so much…” She whispered out shrilly.
Shuddering, Amelia pulled Sophia into her before hugging them both. She could never make up for what she had done to them… but she had to try. She had to try for her daughter's sakes… it was time for her to start acting like their mother again…



Even if she wasn’t ready for what that entailed…

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


“H-How?!”

 


Smirking up at their mother, Sophia chuckled darkly as she displayed the stocks they owned to her. Eying all the odd numbers she could never comprehend, her attention shifted back to Alexis as she giggled in amusement. ‘We started off low, and used what we had from what *he* didn’t know we took.’


“A single investment in the proper field that breeds small results is how we began.” ‘And from there we used compound returns and bought more.’ “Some we sold at their season high and others are still growing for us now.” ‘This is a very interesting method to make money, and when we discovered it we knew it would be trivial to follow it.’


“And in the end… this is our outcome so far.” Looking down at her two grinning children, Amelia shook her head once more. “B-B-But… this, this is impossible!” There were over fifty thousand dollars in her bank account! ‘And more is on its way.’


Shivering, she continued to shake her head and deny it… but… she knew this was real. Her two four-year-old daughters… were playing the stock market, and cashing in. “H-H-How long…” ‘A little over a year now.’ “We knew that money would be an issue in the future. Society relies too heavily on it… and we need to play by that rule too… for now.”


Smiling in amusement at their mother's disbelief, the next part they told her was all the sweeter. “This isn’t actually how much we made… just how much is left. Your medical bills took a chunk out of our profits, but removing those would further our ambitions. The last thing we need is debt collectors discovering our… no, your, collective gain.”


Looking down at Sophia now, Amelia shook her head slowly as she processed her words. ‘S-She can’t be serious…’ “We are.” Crying slowly, the woman didn’t know what to even say. This… this was just too much. Her little girls… she just couldn’t comprehend them. This was beyond her imagination.


Smiling warmly from the unintentional praise they were given, Alexis moved the page away before pulling up their bank information. “As you can see, we cashed our first check a couple weeks ago, and it just cleared. Now your account is full, very full. But, it’s still not enough.” Sophia muttered regretfully.


Looking at the younger girl shocked, she wanted to ask her just how much they expected to make but she was beaten to it. ‘We need a lot of money for our future plans Mother. Nothing short of millions will do.’ Feeling her breath hitch, Amelia shuddered on the small stool they all sat on as she tried to wrap her mind around it… but, she just couldn’t.


“We have a lot to tell you… and you’ll need to have an open mind about it. Because… we decided long ago why we’re here.” Directing her undivided attention to both girls as their expression turned serious, they soon smiled with pride.


“We’re going to change the world, and we need your help in doing it."


To be continued...

 

 

 

End Notes:

 

It's a bit shorter then the last few chapters but thats mostly by design. Certain events that need to be shown are either shorter or longer depending on time. Coming up after this will be the Twins big plan... and where it all went wrong.

I look foward to writing about it and i really hope you look foward to seeing it. Bye guys. I'll try to be back soon like i was with this chapter!

 

What We'll Do... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sniffles"

Sobs loudly...

 

You guys... rock.

 

Thank you so much for all the reviews i received... I was really feeling bad people had lost intrest, but that thought is gone entirely. thank you so much to everyone who reviewed me, old and new. It really does do a world of wonders for me.

I'm not writing to make money, or anything like that. I'm just doing it because i want people to be happy and enjoy my stories. So when you take the time to tell me you like it, it makes my day.

So once again, thank you, just, thank you for the reviews ;-; 

It really made me happy to be here.

 

Enjoy!

~ 4 years later ~

 

Amelia walked briskly down the long corridors of her law school as she spoke with the director of the institution. A lot had changed in the last few years… hell, everything changed since her two little girls came into her life. But this, this was something else she never saw coming.

“I still have to commend you Mrs. Artiste, achieving a degree such as this in the time frame you gave yourself is nothing short of staggering. And you had no formal education prior to the field of Law?” Smiling reservedly, the blonde shook her head as she kept up with the man whom she had to get acquainted with.

Her daughter’s plans counted on it. “Not really, no. I did take social justice courses back in high school, but besides that no. I’ve just always found the studies of Law as a passion. I knew when I graduated I had to pursue a career in their field… if only, a bit later due to complications.”

Nodding his head in understanding, the director led her over to his office before stepping inside himself. “Yet, even with your obstacles you still managed to make it all the way here. Remarkable.” He praised before shaking his head.

The blonde before him was sort of an enigma. She had graduated in the early 2000’s and showed no interest in the studies of law on her records before she grew ill, but after her miraculous recovery that baffled doctors even now, she suddenly shot through the ranks of law school, achieved her bachelor's degree in half the time it usually took and just finished receiving her Juris Doctor Degree.

Usually, it would be impossible for anyone to receive both in such a short window, but she astounded all of her practitioners and even received recognition from the state of Pennsylvania as well. She had become a rising star out of nowhere. And it didn’t seem like she was going to stop anytime soon.

“You have friends in high places to have gotten where you are now, I can see a bright future for you.” Nodding curtly, Amelia lifted the paper degree up as she examined it. “Maybe a couple. But if I have anyone to thank for where I am now, it would have to be my daughters. They’ve given me a purpose… and a reason to follow this path.”

Chuckling, the man nodded before reaching his hand across the table. “Children are always a good fuel in our field of work. Good luck Mrs. Artiste, I hope to see you again soon. You’ll no doubt be rising higher from where you are now.”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Walking down the steps of her law school, Amelia soon sighed. ‘Time to move on to the next path they set me on.’ This was hard, very hard. But she had faith in her girls to not lead her astray. But this… smiling mirthfully as she gazed over the formal degree, she soon slid it in a folder before making her way over to her car.

Why they chose this, still baffled her to this day. Recalling the conversation they had, Amelia hummed in thought. She could recall it vividly, as all things her daughters did were. ‘We need power, substantial power to make change happen. But we’re just children… and because of human’s conservative views to minors, we would never be able to make these changes. No… an adult has to be our catalyst. You need to be our hand for what people know about.’

‘And what of the things people don’t know about…’ Amelia thought darkly. Closing the door to her car, the blonde soon thought overall she knew that others didn’t. She had become an influential person in later years… and it was all because of them. It made her feel like a puppet of sorts…

She was the radiant star to them… but her darker shadow she cast was a few feet shorter and came in pairs of twos. If something came up to stop her ascension… the twins were quick to react, and their response was swift. Shivering with fear, Amelia quickly shook it away before sighing.

‘They have plans to change the world… don’t forget. Don’t forget what they did for you… or what they’ll do for society.’ Smiling proudly, she nodded to herself before turning the engine on. They needed her to be in power so that they could pull not her strings, but everyone else’s.

 

It was just a matter of time, and they had all the time in the world.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“I’m home! Girls?”

Looking around for a moment, Amelia soon scowled. Sophia and Alexis generally greeted her at the door whenever she came back. Closing the double-sided door to the house, the blonde walked inside the large opening hall before looking around. ‘I’ll never get used to this…’

Looking over the ornate mansion of sorts, she wondered how things had gotten this far, to begin with. As quick as her daughters made money they spent it just as fast. And sometimes in needless extravagance… such as the 24 room mansion she now stood in. ‘What possible use could they have for this…’ Their old apartment, while not pristine and beautiful had been their home for years and they didn’t seem to complain before.

Could her girls really be changing this much? Walking up the spiraling staircase, the woman made her way down the long hallways as she navigated her way to their room. She still had trouble figuring out where to go though and made a couple wrong turns here and there.

Feeling her face flustered, Amelia soon passed an open door before hearing a ringing in her mind. ‘We’re in here Mother.’ Stepping back, the blonde came to another set of doors before pushing the cracked one aside.

Inside was a massive library with a multitude of books she wasn’t even aware they owned. ‘W-WHEN DID YOU GET ALL THESE?!’ “A couple days ago.” Jumping, Amelia gasped in fright before looking behind her. Sitting in a small lounge chair, was Sophia, a small black book resting in her hands as she skimmed the pages quickly.

“I-I’ve told you not to do that young lady…” Smiling in amusement, the little blonde snapped the book shut before looking up at her mother. “And that’s why I do it.” She giggled. Pouting, Amelia moved next to her oldest before sitting down.

“So where’s Alexis? And why…” She trailed off before looking over the vast library. “All of these…?” Grinning from ear to ear now, Sophia stretched out before cuddling close to her. ‘I’m here as well… and the reason for the books is because we’re going over the civil justice system law by law. There are some mistakes we’ll be changing once you attain your proper status.’

Looking around quickly, Amelia tried to Find Alexis, the voices easily differentiating to her by now before Sophia pointed upwards. Glancing up, the woman gawked in surprise before feeling completely lost. “T-This is a two story library?!” There was a whole other balcony she completely missed!

Popping her head out over the side, Alexis nodded before moving back where she had previously been. “We’ve sectioned off books by category and had them placed where we could easily access them one at a time. I’m reading the lower half. “‘And I’m reading the upper. So far we’ve read all laws from A to S.’ “But there’s still a lot to go. Did you know that half of these were made for the most trivial of reasons yet they were never fixed?” ‘A rather lackadaisical system if you ask us.’

Pinching her brow, Amelia shook her head. “Have you two taken any breaks since you started… whatever this, is?” Hearing silence follow her words, the woman sighed in exasperation. “Alright, lunch time, come on you two.” Scowling, Sophia tried to stick her nose back in the book before her mother’s hand yanked it away.

“Did I say after you finished? You two need to take a break from time to time too. Please tell me you at least had something to eat for breakfast this morning?” Once again silence was her only answer before the woman grew annoyed.

‘We can store energy in our bodies from when we ate and stretch it out for prolonged periods of time Mother. We don’t need to eat as frequently as others.’ Alexis chided in but from the look she saw Sophia receive the younger of the two sighed as well before standing up.

“Fine… we need to discuss our next steps anyways. We’ll take a break.” Sophia muttered weakly before waiting for her sister to climb down. Smiling triumphantly, Amelia nodded before taking her girl's hands in her own and walking out.

 

Now… she just had to figure out where the kitchen was in this place…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“YOU WANT ME TO BECOME WHAT?!”

 

Amelia shrieked as the cup she had been holding prior having slipped from her grasp from the shocking statement her daughters had said. Raising her hand up, Sophia moved the percaline mug upright before pushing the paper towels near them over to her mother.

“Because of the outburst you just made we don’t need to repeat ourselves, you clearly understood what we said,” Alexis muttered her expression insouciant as she continued to eat her food. Feeling her hands shaking as she thought over what that meant, Amelia quickly shook her head.

‘I… I can’t do that… t-that’s impossible…’ “And how many times have we done the impossible?” Sophia smirked. “You’ll become an Attorney General Mother, and we will make sure of that. You’re still on board with us, are you not?” Feeling herself called into question now, Amelia grit her teeth.

“Y-Y-You two know I’d do anything and everything in my power to support you… but this… how can I just become one! It’s not like I can just apply to be it!” Setting their utensils down, both Sophia and Alexis grew serious as they cupped their hands together.

“We’re well aware, as we’ve said. But don’t worry about how Mother, just focus on your goals for now. You have the proper credentials, and you’ve shaken hands with very powerful people. In terms of popularity, you are in the upper ninetieth percentile. You will be addressed soon enough in the months to follow by the state about where to go from there. Just be sure to follow along as we have already planned.”

Shuddering, Amelia looked down at the table as she felt her head spinning. ‘Please don’t overthink this. Everything will go according to design as it always has.’ Feeling her sides clenched on both sides, Amelia soon began to calm before moving her hands around her daughters.

“B-B-But… But why Attorney General?” Growing silent as they held their mother tightly, Alexis looked up before thinking over how to say this next. “Because… we need you to have a hand in the medical fields, the political… and the judicial… Sickness, corruption, failed systems. Society as we know it is faulty, and you will be able to make a change from a position of power. It won’t be instantaneous, no. But it’s a step in the right direction. So once again Mother, are you still on board with us?”

Staring off as she processed their words, Amelia still wondered how this all came to be. But… she didn’t need to think long in terms of an answer. “I told you… I’ll do whatever it takes to make your goals a reality. Sophia, Alexis… I’ll always be here to support you.” She whispered before closing her eyes, the pain of her past slowly surfacing from her words.

Frowning, the blondes said nothing as they felt the guilt in her words. Even after all this time, no matter how much love they gave her, and how many times they forgave her… she still couldn’t bring herself to forgive herself for how she treated them. And they couldn’t do anything about it…

Stepping away from their mother, the twins moved back to their sides of the table before they resumed eating. “It will work out fine Mother… Our first real milestone will be reached soon, and you’ll see then just how far we’ve come with our endeavors.” Nodding her head briefly, Amelia smiled in silence before moving her hand over to her cup.

 

“I know… you two can do anything if you put your minds to it. I can’t wait to see where this will end...”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting next to one another, Both Sophia and Alexis looked at their formula as they preened it over. This had to be perfect. The slightest mistake in their calculations could very well ruin years of hard fought work. After checking the final numbers and measurements, however, they soon grinned.

“I believe,” ‘That we’ve done it.’ Looking over to one another, both girls laughed happily before hugging each other. “It’s finally complete! Oh, I know Mother will love this especially!” They knew their mother was having doubts after all the years they had her following their orders but she would soon see.

This was just a step forward in the proper direction of humanity but a single step was still progress! Pulling the formula they had written upwards, Alexis shivered with glee before leaning into Sophia and giving her big sister a kiss. Not shying away from the intimate act in the slightest, the older of the two pulled Alexis closer as her eyes scanned the room they sat in.

‘Careful, Mother’s around and you know what she thinks of us doing this kind of stuff.’ Pouting, the younger girl nodded sadly before folding the formula up and setting it back down. As many gifts as they had been given in life, there was one fundamental gift they had yet to truly receive… love.

They loved their mother, and she loved them but that wasn’t what they meant. They had learned what love was at a young age, but upon discovering the different kinds they wanted to know more. But… it seemed the kind of love you give to your significant others was one they weren’t versed very well in. But, that didn’t mean it would stop them from expressing it to one another.

Pulling her sister into her lap, Sophia cuddled with her quietly as she remembered their first time experiencing it, bliss. And of course… the first time their mother found out about it, about them. She wasn’t very happy. Souring, the older blonde pushed the memory away as she thought back on the wonderful feelings they felt towards one another.

‘She isn’t able to comprehend the feelings we share. No one possibly can.’ Their minds were one. Every thought and every action that passed between their minds were shared. Every feeling one felt the other did. And every pleasure the other received, they shared just as much. Yet with the amount of closeness they both held, they were still two separate people entirely. And with that fact, it was like knowing someone as well as you know yourself, and yet completely learning of another person as well. It felt amazing.

It was a bond like no other. And to comprehend it would only be to experience it. This was why the taboo nature of their love did little to deter them from expressing it towards one another. It wasn’t taboo to them. It was just, love. Looking up happily, Alexis cuddled her sister closer as they shared each other’s warmth.

“We should go find Mother and escalate our plans to the next step. With the formula complete… we have leverage over any pharmaceutical company we choose. We must pick carefully, or, perhaps give the credit away entirely.” Nodding her head, Alexis acknowledged her sibling… but, she didn’t move.

Smiling in amusement, Sophia made no move to push her off and chose instead to pull her closer. ‘We can do that later I suppose…’

 

They were content where they were now.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ C.D.C, Druid Hills, Georgia ~

 

“I still don’t understand. Why is a lawyer from Philadelphia coming all the way out here, to begin with?” Clearing her throat, Amelia didn’t bat an eyelash as she corrected the man in front of her. “Attorney, actually Mr. Frieden. And the reason I’m here is because I’m doing a study for legal presidencies regarding infectious disease claims. I was given prior authorization to come here and learn about certain conditions which could be a breach of law. Here are my documents.”

Looking down at the manila folder she held, the vice director of the center gave her an inscrutable look before glancing behind her. “And, is this, *bring your child to work day* as well?” He remarked snidely as he saw two little girls standing behind her, both in a pair of regal red mini dresses that looked rather out of place compared to the business suit she wore in turn.

Narrowing her eyes, Amelia was about to bark at the man for addressing them like he had before feeling her jaw clench up in its own. ‘What are you talking about? These are my two assistants.’ “What are you talking about? These are my two assistants.”

Blinking, the vice director looked back at the two little girls before furrowing his brow. In place of where he thought the two children were, were two neatly dressed woman, both in business suits carrying varies cases or documents. Glancing over her shoulder, Amelia frowned as she saw Alexis grinning Cheshire-like.

Scoffing, the man shook his head before opening the folder to read its contents, his expression darkening by the second.  “Is there a problem, sir?” Snapping the folder shut, he handed it back to Amelia before moving away from the center's lobby.

“I don’t know how you got a signed appointment with us from the governor of Georgia, but so be it. I’ll have an assistant guide you to where you need to go.” Nodding her thanks, Amelia watched the man leave before her expression darkened.

‘Asshole…’ ‘No need for hostilities Mother, we’re right where we need to be.’ Nodding her head, the blonde looked back at her daughters before smiling. “How long do you need me to keep them busy?” humming, Sophia counted in her mind for a moment before nodding.

“The building is only a few story’s tall. Thirty minutes will be enough to find who we need.” Nodding her head, the woman waited till a staff member came to greet her and took her with him to where she was supposed to be.

As the twins were left alone to their own devices, both blondes grew amused. ‘This is kind of exciting. Breaking into a building feels so… naughty.’ Walking down the hallways, Sophia disregarded her sister’s childish comment as she looked for the office they needed to find.

In about ten minutes they soon found it, however, it didn’t seem very hard. With workers all around them, they simply learned the layout of the building and walked carefully to avoid the security cameras. If worst came to worst they could get their images removed from them but that was an unnecessary waste of time.

Looking at the director’s office, Alexis pushed the door open before stepping inside. Sitting at a lone table as he filled something out, was a man in his late forties. Eyeing him for a moment, Alexis furrowed her brow. Something felt… different about him than other adults she had met. He was giving off a dark vibe…

Brushing the feeling away, Sophia led them to the man’s desk before pulling out a small envelope. “This is for you.” Raising his head momentarily, the man looked at them indifferently as his eyes began to fade. “You had your people here discover this while working with a strain of acute lymphatic leukemia. You found a cure, for it… a cure for leukemia…” She grinned.

They had spent years learning how to cure Amelia, and that knowledge they fought for wasn’t about to go to waste. Setting the formula down in front of the man, both girls turned to leave as the man opened the document to read it.

“You will have a conference about it in a few days. Make up whatever you need to in order for others to believe it.” As the door was shut, the man’s eyes soon turned back to normal before he looked down at the paper in his hands, the phone coming to his hands within seconds as she called the proper contacts. This was groundbreaking!

Walking down the long sterile hallways, both girls made their way to the front desk before Alexis signaled her mother mentally to return. ‘I sensed something… off about that man.’ Nodding her head, Sophia thought about it but nothing came to mind.

“Don’t dwell on it. He was the one we needed to make contact with and we did.” Humming quietly, Alexis took her sisters advice before looking up at they saw their Mother turn the corner, the assistant she had been with now seemingly gone.

“Did you girls do what you needed to?” Smiling as they both nodded to her, the blonde quickly turned to leave. Their work here was done for now. All they had to do was play the waiting game. A game the girl’s excelled at…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

“How long must we wait for this, I can’t stand it any longer!” Smirking at her sister’s annoyance, Sophia flipped another page of the law book she had been skimming before directing her attention over to the hotel's TV screen in front of them.

It had been two weeks since they had come to Georgia to deliver their cure to one of humanities greatest diseases and both siblings were tired of being here, Alexis no longer biting back her disdain for the place. “Perhaps if you made your instructions clearer to that benighted man we would have been back home in our own beds by now. Should I start casting blame?”

Scowling, Alexis ignored her sister’s jibe as she watched the news scrolling past her. This was the fourteenth time she’s heard the weather report! If it played over one more time, she’d find a way to change it herself just to piss them off!

Tsking, Sophia set her book down before making her way over towards her sister. “Alexis, relax. The CDC made a formal announcement this morning that they had big news to discuss. It will come on soon.” She purred, her voice soothing to the disgruntled girl.

Whimpering quietly, the younger of the two soon relaxed as her sister’s hands moved around her frame to hug her. “How about we go down to the pool? I know you like playing in the hot tub~.” Smirking, Alexis had to resist the urge that they indeed, both enjoyed as she continued to watch the news. “I think you're trying to take advantage of a distraught girl, for shame Sophia~.”

Smirking, the twin tailed blonde hoped on the bed behind them before propping her head up. “Don’t say I didn’t offer.” Chuckling now, her anxiety leaving her like it always did when Sophia spoke with her the way only she could, the younger of the two joined her as they both watched in silence now.

Thankfully their silence was short as the moment they had been waiting for commenced. Smiling brightly, both blondes held one another’s hands as they saw a live press conference down at the entrance of the CDC, the vice director currently speaking on behalf of the institution.

‘This is it, our first big step into correcting the world.’ At such a young age as theirs, they had learned many things. Knowledge was power… and they were hungry from birth. But with knowledge came the dark reality that was their world. War, disease, famine, corruption, poverty…

This world was hurting, and it needed to be saved. But humans were flawed, and it needed something more to help it. And that’s where they came in. ‘We’ll change it, all by ourselves.’ Listening in eagerly, both twins grinned giddily as they listened before feeling their smiles drop in an instant.

Blinking slowly, Sophia paused the TV before rewinding it for them, their minds attempting to process what it was they had just heard… “And through our staff’s extraordinary dedication to the jobs they do, we found a breakthrough in the war on viral disease. It was after rigorous months of testing that we came up with a new vaccination that can counter the beginning stages of Leukemia before it can even escalate! That’s right, we have the first steps we need to combat this deadly-“

Feeling the rest of the man’s words fall on deaf ears, both Sophia and Alexis felt their jaws trembling with their mouths agape at what they just heard. ‘A-A vaccination… to counter the beginning stages of leukemia…?’ Shaking her head slowly, Sophia tried to speak, but she was just too shocked. This had to be a mistake… it had to be.

THEY GAVE THE CDC A WRITTEN PAMPHLET ON HOW TO CURE IT! This, this was wrong… this was very wrong. “T-T-There’s been a mistake… T-THERE HAD TO BE ONE! Not even these troglodytes could have made a blunder this monumental!” Sophia barked angrily as she felt her anger bubbling over. Feeling her sister's anger beside her, Alexis gazed off in silence as her eyes scanned the TV.

She could see something around them… around them all. They had black… a dark black surrounding them…

 

What did it mean…?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“C-C-CALL S-SECURITY, WE HAVE A CODE-“ Gasping as the words left the secretaries mouth in a choked groan, the woman slumped to the floor unconscious as two little blonde girls strolled past her, a look of rage present of both their faces.

As more people flooded in their path to figure out what the cause of the commotion was, neither Sophia nor Alexis paid them restraint. Slamming people into the walls or simply rendering them unconscious mentally, both twins made their way down the familiar halls of the CDC as they went to get to the bottom of just what the hell had happened yesterday evening.

As they both stood in front of the head director’s office door, Sophia didn’t even bother opening it as she shoved the door forward, the hinges and locks doing nothing to keep it in place as it was launched across the room.

Gawking, the director of the center looked at the gaping hole where the door once had been as he saw two little blondes walk into his office, and they looked, pissed. “W-What is the meaning of this! Who are you two, and what the hell did you just-“Coughing, the man gripped his throat in shock before clawing at it, the air in his lungs suddenly leaving him.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!” Alexis screeched angrily as she held her arm up, her hand’s positioning right over her eyes as she focused on pinching the man’s neck. As the man tried desperately to breathe, neither girl gave him an inch, Sophia adding onto his pain as she kicked the desk in front of him forward locking him in place against the wall. He wasn‘t going anywhere…

Letting her grip go, the man gasped as he breathed in relief, the much-needed air flowing back into him now as he stared at the two children in front of him in sheer terror. What the hell did they just do to him! ‘What did we do?! You have some nerve…’ Gripping his head in pain, the man tried to speak but… something was coming into his mind.

Shuddering as he saw images of these two little girls coming into his office before it soon dawned on him. This was real… Clenching the desk with one hand, Sophia gripped the wood in anger as it began to crank under her grip.

“We gave you a cure… and you told the public it was a vaccine! What the hell were you thinking?!” She barked. Trying to speak, the man found any words he could say were gone. He didn’t understand what was going on anymore. But… they didn’t need him to speak…

Staring at the man darkly, Alexis sifted through his mind before her jaw began to open. Shaking with rage, the younger blonde took a step back before cupping her gaping mouth now. ‘He… he wanted to release a vaccine… and then have a pharmaceutical company reproduce it only to release another strain later on that would raise the values…’

He had taken their cure… and was breaking it down so he could raise prices on it through different shares each year… staring up at the man with just as much disbelief as her sister was in, Sophia gave into her wrath. Forcing the desk into the man harder, the little blonde screamed angrily.

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? WE GAVE YOU A GIFT! AND YOU'RE TRYING TO EXPLOIT IT!” They wanted to help people… not line these bastards’ pockets! Grinding her teeth, Alexis shook her head before watching something she had missed before… something no longer hidden to her, now that her eyes had been opened.

Surrounding the man… was a dark blackening shadow. It looked sickly in appearance… and ominous. ‘Do… do you see it…?’ Looking at her sister confused, Sophia looked at the man before shaking her head, but, the images soon came to her mind.

‘W-What does it mean?’ Shaking her head, Alexis tried to figure it out but… she didn’t have an answer. “P-P-Please, I-I’ll do whatever you want, j-j-just let me go!” Snapping back to attention both siblings looked at the man before they silently read him.

‘He won’t give us anything. He said that to make us stop. And plans on calling the police the moment he’s away. And if that didn’t work, he would offer us money, and beg like a dog… and then grovel… but he won’t change…’ Nothing was hidden. His every action… his every false word. He… he doesn’t care about people… he doesn’t care about helping others…

He just wanted money… “Monster…” Looking to her sister, Alexis flinched as she saw anger she had only seen her display one other time… and that was towards their father when he had hit her. “You’re… a-a Monster…” She whispered…

Clenching her teeth, Sophia gripped the desk tightly before displaying her physical strengths to the man, his eyes widening in horror as he watched the little girl toss the desk across the room as if it were made of cardboard. “We’ve… been called monsters before… but you… you're something else…” She spat with venom.

Raising her hand into the air, Sophia soon bound the man’s movements… “We… we were wrong… so, very, wrong…” Looking at her sister in shock, Alexis moved to Sophia’s side as she saw tears streaming down her cheeks. “And… you’ll pay for this!”

Screaming the man suddenly felt his body enflamed before falling back in his chair, his body going limp as he felt the restrictions around him leave… along with something else flowing through him. Looking up at her older sister in silence, Alexis said nothing as she watched her work.

Lowering her hand down, the little blonde wrapped her fingers around the diminutive man as she watched his paralyzed form screaming internally. He could feel everything… and she wanted him to. The pain he had brought upon them… was excruciating. He would feel that pain now to…

Clenching her fingers, Sophia began to slowly apply pressure to the shrunken director before Alexis’s gentle touch stopped her. ‘Don’t do it, Sophia…’ Looking at her sister in shock, and then anger at such a statement, Sophia soon calmed as she saw a dark look present on her sisters face.

‘Give him to me…’ Closing her eyes, she nodded before handing the immobile man to her sibling. Staring at the shrunken man carefully, Alexis shut her eyes. ‘You have no family… even if you beg, your lies mean little to a telepath…’ attempting to speak at all, the man was utterly silent as his eyes beaded with fear.

She was inside his head… and she knew everything. Raising the man high above her, Alexis gave him one last look before closing her eyes. “This will hurt… a lot. But we can’t think of anything worse for someone like you…” Lowering her hand, Alexis opened her mouth wide before putting the man inside. Cringing from the horrible expression she saw her sister making, Sophia wanted to stop her but… she wanted the man to be afraid… and feel fear for once in his miserable life for what he had done to them… to the world… to their gift.

Letting the man fall all the way in, Alexis shut her mouth before tilting her head back. He tasted gross… and made her feel sick to her stomach… but she wouldn’t let Sophia have to hold this burden. She’d be his jailer and executioner. Feeling the large lump in her throat beginning to slide down. The little blonde swallowed him whole before groaning.

‘He tasted horrible…’ Watching as her sister spit onto the ground afterward, Sophia nodded. “You can’t expect a Monster to taste good… can you?” Feeling something beginning to move within her, Alexis looked to her sister before smiling darkly. He’d regret ever crossing them… regardless of if he knew it or not.

‘Let’s go home... I don’t want to be here any longer…’ Nodding her head, Sophia moved her arm out before cupping Alexis’s in her own. This whole trip had been a waste of time… and it made them question their purpose in life now.

Why save them… why try to save… Monsters?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Shivering with fear, Amelia looked in her rearview mirror as she watched her two little girls… in silence. They looked, terrifying like this. Both girls sat with their heads hung, their hair cascading over their faces, and immobile. Compared to the outrage she had seen them displaying last night and the morning that followed this was much worse.

Opening her mouth to speak, the woman soon fell silent, again. She had tried to speak… tried to talk to them… but every time she did, her vocal cords were turned off… they were controlling her… Closing her mouth, Amelia whimpered quietly before focusing back on the road. She had never been as scared as she was now from them… not after she discovered all those years ago they had been looking out for her.

Now, though… she didn’t know what to do. They looked… defeated. Staring at their laps neither Sophia or Alexis made a sound as their minds communed with one another. They were running scenarios through their heads. Determining what it all meant.

That blackness… it wasn’t around everyone… but it was very abundant around adults. Raising her eyes slowly, Alexis stared at her mother as she watched a light grayish wisp surrounding her. She didn’t have it… but he did… why?

Looking out her window, the little blonde looked at people passing them by as she studied them. ‘Black… gray… dark gray… black… black… light gray…’ What did it all mean? ‘Perhaps… it's somehow related to them. How they are, and what they feel?’

Looking at her sister, Alexis nodded her head slowly. It made sense… sort of. But why did she never experience this phenomenon till now? Scowling, Sophia shook her head. She didn’t have an answer to that question. Sighing in tandem, both girls continued to stare out the window as they watched a small town come into view.

They had left Druid Hills abruptly after their assault on the CDC. A lot of cleanup had been required so people wouldn’t remember them. A lot of unnecessary cleanup they could have avoided if they just took their time entering. ‘What’s… what’s wrong with us? We’re not emotional beings…’ “Perhaps, it's proof… that we’re human.’

Smiling mirthfully, Alexis leaned in on her sister before shutting her eyes. ‘If this is what human nature truly is… betrayal, anger, and thievery, then I renounce it. I renounce humanity…’ Cupping her sister’s face, Sophia shook her head slowly before looking up at their mother.

“Stop the car.” Coming to an immediate halt, Amelia shook with fear before looking over her shoulder. Did, did she do something to anger them…? Ignoring their mother’s fright, Sophia unlocked her door before stepping out of the car. ‘Let’s take a walk…’

Looking up at Sophia, Alexis’s eyes landed on a park that had come into view, but… she really didn’t want to. She just wanted to go home… and forget this ever happened. ‘But it did happen… and we will never forget it.’ Sniffling, Alexis nodded before stepping out of the car as well.

“Go off on your own Mother… we’ll contact you when we want to be picked up.” Looking out her window at her to crestfallen little girls, Amelia tried to speak once more… but she was still muted. Lowering her head, she nodded before putting the vehicle in drive and leaving them alone. They needed to be alone… and she knew better than to disturb them when they were in a mood such as this.

Walking into the park, both blondes were silent as they observed their surroundings. This was a small town… almost nonexistent really. It was surprising it was even in Georgia since they were a few miles away from the border.

“Why did you do this…” Glancing to her sister, Sophia sighed, before cupping her hand in her own. “We need to escape… and we need to process this thoroughly. And waiting another eight hours wouldn’t be good for us.” Nodding her head in understanding, Alexis glowered as she was led towards the forestry outline of the park they had found.

“But why here…” Shrugging, Sophia simply shook her head. “It was close by, and I don’t think we’ll be disturbed here.” Moving into the tree line, both girls began to hike downwards as they ignored the slight discomfort they forest gave them in contrast to how they were dressed.

They had grown up in a city, not the country. Perhaps the scenery change would assist them in their dilemma. Watching as small stream came into view, the older blonde nodded before leading them down the path they were on.

“And just like that, we’ve found a place to decompress…” Sitting in front of them was a low hanging tree, with a dock built into it. Smiling lightly, Alexis nodded before following along behind Sophia as they made their way to the end of it. Staring over the lake it hung above, both girls watched the water ripple below them before closing their eyes.

“We made a mistake Sophia… we trusted someone… and we were led to ruin.” Alexis muttered bitterly before poking her stomach. ‘I hope you suffer…’ Patting her back, the twin tailed blonde nodded before lacing her fingers and staring over the lake.

“The blackness around him… and the way he was… I think that’s what made him a monster…” Raising her brow, Alexis went over her sister's reasonings before humming in thought. “Mother is lying to everyone per our request, but she never does things like that with us. And she had a grayish shadow. Does that mean whatever it is can be swayed or influenced?”

Resting her brow into her fingers, Sophia shook her head. “I… I don’t know. I just know it means someone's bad. That… that they’re Monsters…” Thinking about the simple word that had been used against them in the past, Alexis nodded. “Monster… such a fitting name for him.”

And not just that director… but hundreds… thousands… millions? Billions…? An endless number of others as well. Shaking steadily at the sad realization that was their battle, Alexis whimpered before clenching her eyes shut in pain. “How… how can we help people… when we're being undermined by the very people we're trying to help?!”

Opening her mouth to answer her, Sophia soon found… that she couldn’t. She was always quick to answer her sister. When one of them didn’t have an answer, the other always did… but to this question, they were both clueless. “We… We can’t…”

Silence passed between them both now as they tried to figure out their next course of action, their mood darkening by the second. “We… we must change them… in order to save them…” Looking at Alexis in silence, Sophia’s eyes began to bead as she realized what her younger half was suggesting.

“A-A-Alexis! We… we can’t do that!” She snapped for the first time in her life. She had never taken that tone with her sister… but, what she was saying was abhorrent! Not even caring that her sister had sounded the way she did, Alexis looked to Sophia pleadingly.

“We must… if their Monsters… then they’re not worth saving… but, we can change them. Change them back… Make them, human.” She whispered shrilly. Her sadness overbearing now to the older of the two. Shivering, Sophia looked down in silence before clenching her eyes shut.

“Then… then what would that make us! We can’t just change how people think and steal their free will, Alexis!” Growling, the littler blonde looked to her sister angrily before shaking her head. “WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE! Be it people or Monsters we need to control them!” ‘They undermined us… we tried to help humanity and they threw our gift on the ground and stomped on it!’ “How can we hope to help people who will betray us!” ‘You saw them too! Monsters were everywhere outside! Anyone can turn into one if we don't control them!’ “We can’t just… we can’t just try and fail… over and over… I refuse…”

Cupping her head, Sophia panted quietly as she felt her sister’s words ringing both in her head and in her ears. She… she made a point… it wasn’t a good one… but, there was little room for her to dispute what she had said. Not after what had just happened. Sitting in silence now, neither of them said a word as they thought long and hard on what had just been spoken.

 “What are we…” ‘We’re not monsters…’ Looking to Alexis pleadingly, she tried to say anything to change her mind… but there was nothing to say. An answer was given… one they both agreed upon, whether they liked it or not. ‘So… how do we go about this then… changing people to be, better?’

Biting her tongue from the disgusting words she had just spoken, Sophia shook her head. This was wrong… but, they had to do this. If society wouldn’t obey the laws they had written, then they would make society rewrite them. ‘We’ll tear down this broken system from top to bottom. Mother is still in a strong position currently. We can make changes there. And start regulating people’s lives better. If they don’t obey us, then we make them obey…’

Nodding her head, Sophia shut her eyes before picturing it. ‘Is this the path we must follow…?’ ‘Yes…’ Nodding once more, both sisters let their minds go over their next course of action, before… something startled them. Something, they hadn’t been expecting, all the way out here.

“O-Oh, sorry, I didn’t think anyone else came out her but me. Are you two alright?” Jumping, the twin’s eyes shot open before they whipped around. Standing on the small staircase they had come from, was a brunette. She looked no older than fifteen or sixteen, with short cut hair and a slender frame. Dressed in a simple pair of worn out jeans and a loosely hanging tea shirt with some kind of icon printed on the front with a rainbow, she didn’t look like anything special. ‘No... She isn’t special… she’s just an adolescent.’

Ignoring the girl, the twins went back to pondering before the woman crawled onto the deck. “S-Sorry I scared you girls. You’re not from the daycare, are you?” Scowling, Sophia turned back before glaring at her. “No, we don’t know what you’re talking about now leave us alone…”

Pouting, the girl crossed her arms before moving a bit closer. Squatting down behind them, she hummed silently as her eyes observed them. “So… what’s on your mind?” Clenching her hands, Alexis ground her teeth before mimicking her sister’s glare.

“None of your business… now stop eavesdropping and be gone!” She snapped angrily. Cringing from the angry tone the little girl held, the woman pouted in silence as she continued to simply squat there. “If you to have a problem… talking about it with others can help. Maybe I can… help you two if you want?” She whispered quietly, her tone showing concern for them.

Turning around quickly, Sophia shook with anger for being continuously interrupted by this girl. “What could you possibly do to help us! You have no idea what we’ve just been through!” She spat aggressively. Nodding her head, the brunette didn’t dispute or agree to the statement. She simply acknowledged it.

“I can’t say I do. But, I’ll still hear what’s bothering you. It might make you feel better. It doesn’t take a genius to see when someone’s in pain.” She smiled softly. Scoffing, Alexis turned back venomously. “Obviously… you could see it after all.”

Giving the child a cryptic look, the brunette shook her head in surprise. These two were really hostile! Leaning back slowly, the girl soon plopped herself down before propping her chin up on her hand. “Well… if you feel like talking, I’m literally two feet behind you. Balls in your court… just saying…” Rolling their eyes, the twins decided to play her game as they made no response to her asinine comment. They didn’t need words to communicate.

As minutes ticked and became hours both Sophia and Alexis continued to talk internally as they discussed their plans. It would be easier than they thought. Their Mother was coming into government soon. With some handshaking, they could spread their influence inward… and take control of the state within a few years. From there, they would plan accordingly. They had all the time in the world to do what they wanted. And they would wait patiently like they had for this goal to be reached. But, the difference this time around… was they wouldn’t’ fail.

Nodding together, the twins turned around to leave before freezing up as they saw the strange girl still sitting there. It had been two hours already! What the hell was she still doing here?! Blinking slowly from her drowsy state, the brunette looked up before smiling. “So you two did want to talk. I knew it! It might have taken a few hours but… I was right…” She mumbled the last part more to herself but they caught it none the less.

“We don’t need your help! Now piss off!” Sophia barked angrily. What was this girl’s problem! Frowning, the girl sighed before shaking her head. “Fine… if you really want me to leave you girls alone… I will. I just wanted you two to know that you had someone to confide in with. I, I know that look you two were wearing well. I’ve worn it too. That’s why I wanted to make sure you knew someone would listen to you girls… I never had someone like that do the same for me.” She whispered sadly.

Growing angrier by the second Alexis stepped forward before stomping her foot on the wooden dock. “YOU KNOW WHAT WE’VE FELT?! THAT’S RIDICULOUS! You… you’ve had a simple life for your whole… fifteen years of existence… Claire Abernathy! You’ve lived in this town your whole life! Your sheltered, miserable life! You couldn’t possibly know the pain we’ve just been through. You no nothing of betrayal… and… and…”

Growing silent, Alexis’s words died slowly as she read the girl's mind and saw her memories. This… this wasn’t right… Looking at her sister confused, Sophia wondered why she had suddenly gone silent, but… she wasn’t the only one to do so. Shivering slowly, Claire looked down at the twins in silence before glaring at them both.

“S-So… so this whole time you knew who I was and you didn’t say anything… this is unbelievable.” She scoffed. Shaking her head, the brunette turned to leave before giving the girls a final look over her shoulder. “To think… parents are having their children taunt me like, like this… I just wanted to help you two!” She whispered bitterly.

Storming off the dock, the brunette left them both now as the twins stood there in silence. Looking to her sister slowly, Sophia scowled. Her memories weren’t being relayed to her like they usually were. She was completely mute…

“A-Alexis…?” Jumping from her sister’s touch, the younger blonde looked to Sophia before shaking her head. “I… I don’t know what I just saw…” She, she had to be mistaken in what she just witnessed. Furrowing her brow, Sophia soon began to gleam the memories her sister had stolen before growing just as silent.

These, these couldn’t be real… they weren’t. But… they were. Standing together in silence as they played memory after memory by in their minds, thirty minutes soon passed them by before both girls felt some of their anger leave them… and remorse for their actions to replace them. They… they had been so cruel to her… and she just wanted to help them…

Looking to the end of the dock where the girl had been awhile back, Alexis shook her head slowly before feeling her eyes harden. “I want to talk to her again… We’re staying here…” Looking down at Alexis, Sophia closed her eyes before nodding. She’d be lying to say her interests weren’t piqued as well.

“Let’s go inform Mother… If her memories are anything to interpret... she’ll be coming back here soon. And we’ll be waiting for you, Claire…”

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

Once again, thank you so much for leaving me your thoughts last chapter. Even if you're silent this time around, I still know you guys like me. :)

But if you feel up to it, a couple words will always make my night.

 

I'll probably be a bit slower on my next post because it should be the final act before we get back to the present, and i'm also short a writer/editer now...

F.W has been helping me the past few chapters to pump them out fast so thank you for that my friend :)

 

I'll see you guys in a bit. Have a good night!

Who... are you? by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

"Sighs"

 

This chapter was very satisfying to write. It's an accumulation of many plot lines I have woven together that all inevitably meet here, in this chapter. And its fantastic! :)

 

Welcome back and i hope you weren't waiting very long. I started this on Monday and finished it Sunday. All and all, this has been a great week for me. And the best way for me to end it is to give you all a chapter i'm sure you've been waiting very patiently for.

 

I couldn't stand the thought of leaving the twins arc alone for weeks so I had to conclude it before I take a break, and im happy I did. So without further adoo

 

Please enjoy it!

 

 

~ Dillard Georgia ~

 

Walking down the beaten path that had become a usual route for her to take come evening, Claire sighed to herself as she watched the river flowing beside her. Today had been an unusually cruel day. While she had been in the locker room changing into her gym clothes some of her old friends had cornered her… the outcome was, less than desirable…

Her only solace was the Gym Teacher stepping in after about five minutes of them harassing her. Not that she got much sympathy from her afterward. Kicking a rock out of her way bitterly, the brunette tried to calm her nerves but that was easier said than done. ‘Just relax, it’s over now. You’re going to go to your happy place, recover and then enjoy a fun night at work!’

Smiling warmly, her mood shifted almost instantaneously as she encouraged herself. The Daycare was her life now. She had poured all her love and time into it, and for once since this whole ordeal began… she felt, human again. Coming to her deserted dock, the girl began to descend the steps before freezing up instantly as she saw someone else there… make that two someones.

Blinking a few times, she furrowed her brow before realization dawned on her as she figured out who they were. Sitting on the wooden planks, were two little girls. They had on rich red colored dresses and their demeanor was that of indifference to anything else around them. But if that wasn’t enough of an image, it was the fact they both looked identical that gave it away to where she remembered them from. They were the two little girls who had teased her about a week ago…

Looking up quietly as Claire came into view, both Sophia and Alexis smiled softly as they saw her. They had been waiting in the same spot for five days now, but it was becoming rather tedious. They figured she would have shown up long before now. Turning back around without uttering a word in return, Claire was about to leave till a pair of voices rang out.

 

“Don’t leave… we want to talk to you.” “Come, sit with us. Please.”

 

Stopping mid-step, Claire’s foot hung over the ledge as she tried to leave… but, she couldn’t. ‘There just going to mess with you again like last time… just go.’ Moving her foot again, the brunette took another step till Sophia’s voice rang out once more. “We… we’re sorry we said the things we did before. Could you please come and sit with us?”

Pausing a second time, Claire clenched her hands tightly before lowering her gaze. ‘Damn it…’ She couldn’t say no to them. Children always had such a strong sway over her. And they had a genuine tone in their voices this time. Looking over her shoulder, the girl soon sighed.

“Fine… what do you two want this time…?” The brunette grumbled before walking back up the steps and hopping onto the dock. Smiling calmly, the twin’s scooched apart from one another before making a spot in-between them, their hands patting the seat they had made afterward's. “Sit with us.” Narrowing her eyes, varies thoughts crossed her mind of what they might be plotting… but, they were only children…

‘Worst case scenario I’m pushed into the water…’ Breathing deeply, Claire ignored her lingering doubts before making her way over to them and sitting down, her expression passive now as she regarded them. “Alright, you have me here… so, what did you two want to talk about?” Going through the girl's mind now with finer attention to detail, Alexis’s mood darkened as she read her thoughts and saw her memories.

“C-Can you tell us about yourself?” Sophia whispered quietly as she looked up at the taller girl. Blinking, Claire’s expression was blank for a moment before her brow rose. That question had come out of the blue. “I’m pretty sure you already know who I am… you called me out on It last time… remember?” Cringing from the bitterness in her tone, Sophia nodded slowly as she gave her sister more time to sift through the strange girl's mind.

“Y-Yes… our, Mother… told us about you. But, who are you?” Why did they care so much all of a sudden? It seemed like they had a general contempt for her very presence last time she was here. But now, they seemed… curious. Sighing, Claire’s hands moved behind her to support her weight as she leaned back. “What’s there to tell you? My names Claire Abernathy, I live here in Dillard Georgia. I’m the town’s pariah, and my life sucks.” She smirked before looking back at the younger girl.

“What could you possibly want to know about me?” Scowling, Sophia glanced to her sister but she still seemed to be nitpicking around the girl's mind. She didn’t need her to tell them every little detail because her sister would get them on her own… but, they needed enough. “Why did you try to help us that other day?”

Frowning, Claire said nothing for a moment before her eyes closed. “Because it was the right thing to do.” Looking up at the older girl surprised, Sophia was about to ask her to continue but she was beaten to it. “Look, I work with children, so it’s my job to make sure they're taken care of... even if their not my own. And it breaks my heart to see them in pain… I know how bad it can feel… So that’s why I wanted to help you two because you looked like you were both in pain.” She whispered candidly before her eyes opened back up.

Looking down at Alexis and then, in turn, her sister, Claire was silent again before she moved to stand up. “It was nice talking with you girls… but, I got to go now. I-It was fun meeting you two again... this time around.” She smiled sheepishly before turning to leave. Reaching out to grab the girl's arm, Sophia’s hand was soon stopped by her sisters as the little blonde's eyes opened up.

‘I have enough.’ Nodding silently, both girls looked back at Claire’s retreating form as she left for work. It wasn’t a long conversation, but they now had a better understanding, of just who this girl was. And to say their curiosity was quenched, would be an overstatement.

 

If anything… they needed to know more about her. They had to speak with her again…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Jogging down the riverbed, Claire breathed steadily as she checked the time on her wrist. It had been a half day at school today so she had a few hours to blow before work, which meant, she had plenty of alone time to herself… as usual. Sighing, she shook her head as she made her way back to her hidden sanctuary. She’d probably get a few hours of thought in before heading out like most days she went there.

Then again, if it was anything like last time she could always run… into… Blinking slowly as her head rose over the low hanging dock, Claire soon scowled. Sitting there, were the two twins she had run into not once, not twice, but three times now.

‘What the heck are they always doing here?’ This wasn’t a place you found easily, so how did they? Not to mention, why did they keep coming back? Looking up from the water, their attention seemingly swayed upon the girl's intrusion to their privacy, both blondes soon smiled.

“Good afternoon Claire. We’re surprised you’re here so soon. Doesn’t your school get out at 3:30?” Dropping her book bag at the end of the dock, Claire’s confusion soon grew. “How, did you know I got out of school at 3:30?” Freezing up, Sophia scowled before her sister spoke up. “Our Mother is a staff member there… She’s… Mrs. Artiste, do you know her?”

Opening her mouth to speak, Claire suddenly felt rather lightheaded before it dawned on her. She did know who they meant actually. “Really? I… I think I know who you’re talking about. She’s a politics teacher right?” Nodding her head coyly, Alexis grinned before scooching away from her sister.

“Yes, she is. Would you care to sit with is? We’d love to talk with you again if you wouldn’t mind.” Biting her tongue, Claire glanced down at her watch before nodding. She had plenty of time. “Sure, I guess if you don’t mind me being here. I’m not intruding am I?”

Shaking their head simultaneously, both Sophia and Alexis smirked as she patted the spot between them. “We insist.” Smiling, Claire made her way between the girls before sitting herself down. ‘Huh, and here I thought they hated me.’ Frowning, both girls looked away sadly before recomposing themselves. “Can… Can we ask you something?”

Looking to Alexis, Claire nodded happily as she listened to the worry in the girl's tone. “Is something bothering you? Either, of you?” Nodding their heads, they tried to figure out the best way to phrase the bizarre question in a form Claire could possibly comprehend… but they were beaten to it. “It has something to do with why you girls were sad a couple weeks ago. Doesn’t it?”

Looking up at Claire shocked, Sophia smiled sadly before nodding her head. ‘Are we that easy to read?’, ‘Or is she just that good at guessing when people are troubled?’ Staring off into the waters below them, both Sophia and Alexis sighed before looking up at Claire.

“What do you do, when you work really hard on something, and spend ye-, months working on it… only for all that effort to be wasted. What do you do… when you put your trust in others… and you’re betrayed? How… how can you possibly continue down the path that’s laid with pitfalls and deceit?” Furrowing her brow, Claire hummed as she thought over the rather philosophical question. She certainly hadn’t expected something like that to be asked to her.

“W-Well… I guess you just have to forgive and move on.” Looking up at Claire in disbelief by such a simple answer, both blondes growled startling the brunette in the process. “F-Forgive them! They ruined our plans!” Cupping her mouth, Alexis looked away bitterly from her sudden outburst. She hadn’t meant for that to slip out…

Stiffening, however, the younger blonde looked up before feeling her cheeks slowly beginning to darken. Resting her arm on her shoulder, and her sisters for that matter, Claire smiled warmly at her before shaking her head. “Forgiveness is the only way you can move on. You asked me how you can move on, and that’s how. That doesn’t mean you’re going to trust whoever it is who betrayed you. It just means that you’re able to stand above them.”

Lowering her gaze, Alexis’s mind began to turn slowly as she processed her words. “But… but how can we possibly do that… when there are Monsters who try to undo our work?” Sophia whispered quietly. Giving both girls a quizzical look, Claire soon grew confused. “U-Uh… I, I guess it just comes down to finding another way to help... them? Not every answer comes with a simple fix and it's the ones that don't have one that usually work the best.” 'I wonder what she meant by Monsters...'

Sighing, Sophia shook her head. She wouldn’t understand the statement. Stiffening, something soon dawned on them both. ‘Alexis…’ Nodding her head, the younger girl looked at Claire carefully before feeling her breath hitch. ‘S-She… she’s glowing.’

Looking at Claire in shock, Sophia was speechless alongside her sister now. Flashing brightly all around Claire… was a radiant white coloring. It was nothing like they had ever seen from any of the other people they had studied. What did it mean?! Why was she so… different?

‘You… you’ve suffered from people. You’ve been hurt by people. You’ve been abandoned… So why are you so pure?’ “Can… Can you tell us… why everyone hates you?” Growing as stiff as a board, Claire’s hands began to shake now before she slowly withdrew them from the girl’s shoulders much to their displeasure.

“I… I think that’s a story I’ll keep to myself… sorry.” She whispered quietly before staring into the water. Feeling the emotions settling somberly over the girl, both blondes soon grew remorseful. “We’re sorry… we didn’t mean to make you sad. If… if you change your mind, though, we really would like to know. Because… we like you.” Sophia whispered quietly before leaning into Claire.

Feeling her sudden depression lift from the younger girl’s words, Claire looked down at her side before feeling something else pressing into her other side. Glancing to Alexis now, the brunette smiled quietly before shaking her head. “For someone who claims to have been *betrayed*, you’re both rather trusting. You don’t even know me.”

Smiling knowingly, neither blonde said anything in return as they continued to cuddle the girl between them. They wanted to get to know her more. Something told them, that she would be an insight into their future… and she might just be the answer they had been looking for to their question all along…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Share.”

 

Looking up at her sister now as both Sophia and Alexis sat at the familiar dock they had been frequenting over the past three weeks, the latter grinned in amusement before nodding her head. There were things that both girls enjoyed in life, be it food, of finery. But when it came to things they both liked equally, at a young age they came up with a simple rule. A very specific phrase they told one another so they would never squabble over something ridiculous or trivial. They had never fought, verbally or otherwise in their life besides a simple disagreement here or there.

And that usually came down to this simple word ending it. ‘Share.’ When they both wanted something, and it was the same thing the other wanted, they would just share it. And they were very happy to share this, to share, her. Watching as Claire ran down the pathway leading up to the dock, both blondes licked their lips giddily. She was theirs now. And they would share her with one another…

She had given them insight into their own minds. She had shed light on subjects and issues they couldn’t have comprehended with their black and white perspective. But, more importantly… she saved them, from doing something horrible. The moment they returned home, they would have gone through with their plan to influence the government and impose their beliefs on everyone… Monster, or otherwise if they disagreed.

But through her… through Claire, they figured out one very important detail they had never thought about. While they were focused on trying to fix the world as fast as they could through their immediate actions, they never considered what they could do to better it within the generations that followed. And this never would have struck them either… because their minds had never seen such a value in something as simple as this.

But Claire did. She saw the immense value in the generations that followed after her. And she was dedicating her time and pleasure in their growth, children. “They're pure… uncorrupted, and not like, us…” Holding her sister's hand, Sophia smiled warmly as Claire ran up to them happily. ‘She can still see the good in us... so perhaps, we can be more like her so we can see it too.’

Nodding her head, both blondes soon grinned before hugging the brunette happily. “Hey, sorry I’m late, I got caught up with some homework. I hope you girls weren’t waiting long…” Glaring, neither girl said a word as their crushes memories flashed in her mind. ‘Homework… as if.’ It was them again… this town’s cursed populous messing with her. Messing with their Claire…

They wanted to make them all regret it. But, they weren’t going to harm them. Only the Monsters. ‘They all deserve to be monsters for what they’re doing to her…’ Nodding her head, both girls grew quiet as they continued to cuddle Claire close.

They would help her soon. A new plan had come to mind on how to fix the world. One that was agreeable to them both this time around. It would take twice as long to achieve it… but it wouldn’t make them the very things they needed to fight. It wouldn’t make them… Monsters.

And Claire helped them figure it out. She’d be rewarded for the hand she played in this. And she’d be showered with many gifts as well, their love being the most prominent. They would share her equally. She was theirs. And with time she would come to realize it too… But, it wasn’t time yet. They still had things they needed to accomplish first.

Preparations had to be made, and sadly… they needed to head home for a while. But they would return. They needed to see Claire soon. Her presence was addictive, and if they were gone too long… they wouldn’t be able to stay as strong as they could.

Next time they returned, if everything worked out how they had planned… then they would tell her the truth. They would tell her, what they really were…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Philadelphia ~

 

 

Watching in quiet fascination, Amelia looked at her two daughters as they worked on something between them both. Resting on their thighs was a single laptop they had bought a few days ago as they scoured information on something. It had been two weeks since they had returned from Georgia and for the life of her she couldn’t figure out why they had even stayed there that long. But… something had happened there. Something had changed her daughters.

They had been broken when they were driving home after the events with the CDC, but now, she had never seen them as happy as they were now. Something had occurred after they had left that day, and she didn’t know if she was relieved or terrified of what.

After arriving home they had immediately given her new instructions. She was to maintain her course to become an attorney general, but her field of work was shifted now more towards criminal justice then governing. When she was asked why though the only response she received was to trust them. And trust she did. But that did little to calm her nerves.

“Here it is Mother, drive to this address, please. We’ve found were to launch our trial. This will be ground zero for our first attempt.” Blinking slowly, Amelia stopped the car before looking at the address her daughters had written down for her. Furrowing her brow, however, she soon grew confused. This was in the downtown suburbs of the city… and in a bad part of them as well.

‘What on earth could you two possibly get out of this area?’ It was about as ghetto as you could get. Gang members littered the streets; criminals were well known to inhabit it. It was a horrible place to live. Hearing a dark giggle from behind her, however, the blonde soon grew stiff. “We’re well aware of how deplorable of a place it is… and this is why it will suit our needs. We have a new plan now Mother, one in which we’ll fix the world in a different way… a more passive one. But we need a test group. And this will be our Guinee pig.” She pointed to the address.

Sighing, Amelia nodded her head before putting her car back in drive. If they wanted her to head there then she’d take them… But God help whoever tried to mess with them, though. If someone tried to confront them in this forsaken district, they would meet a rather gruesome fate…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Pulling up to the address she had been given, Amelia gawked in utter shock by what she saw. “P-Precious youth… D-D-Daycare?” There was a freaking Daycare in the middle of this horrible area! Who would be as irresponsible as this to leave their child in this place?! Windows were broken and duck taped over, the door had cracks running through it, and dozens of shutters had fallen or were in the process of. She could swear there was a hole in the roof as well.

Glancing to the outside of the building her eyes soon scanned a small play area… and it made her sick to her stomach. The grass was all dead, and the playwear looked to be homemade and crumbling. This… this was despicable. Stepping out of the car, both Sophia and Alexis looked over the building before grinning.

It was much worse than they had first seen online. With no stars rating from all three of its reviews, they had expected it to be a garbage establishment but this was better than they could have ever imagined. “This will do nicely.” ‘Indeed.’

Looking at her two little girls in disbelief, Amelia quickly moved in front of them before crossing her arms. “A-A-ABSOLUTELY NOT! I’m not letting you two go into… into this!” She screeched. Sighing, Sophia moved her hand to the side before the woman felt herself step to the side on her own. “Damn it, Sophia, stop this and listen to me!”

“Mother, just sit in the car and wait for us… we will be perfectly fine.” Whimpering, the woman grit her teeth angrily before lowering her head in shame. ‘We don’t think less of you for us going in there. This is our decision, not yours. Please just wait for us. We’ll be back shortly.’ Nodding her head in defeat, Amelia closed her eyes before going back inside the car sadly.

She wanted to be their Mother… but she couldn’t control them even if she wanted to. Not when they had their minds set on something. And whatever this was about… they had a resolve of steel. She’d just have to follow along as she was taken for the ride as usual… regardless of if it made her sick to her stomach.

Stepping up to the building, Alexis reached for the door knob before feeling her hand stopped mid touch. “I wouldn’t risk it. This place is littered with disease.” Nodding thankfully, Alexis smiled at Sophia before the older of the two pushed the door open on its own.

Stepping inside, their eyes grew dark by what they saw. The wooden floors were splintered and cracked. The wallpapers what had once been colorful and bright was faded and ripped. There were in fact cracks in the ceiling as well with something dripping down from them… hopefully water.

But what was most troubling to them… was the state of the residents. Children were there, a lot of them actually. Toddlers and babies of all ages littered the rooms, unsupervised. Kids were screaming, children were fighting… this was horrible…

‘Broken furniture, filthy germ-riddled toys…’ “C-Crying infants… and smaller children being bullied by bigger ones…” Shaking their heads slowly, both their fists clenched before they strode inward. Looking around for whoever was in charge of this place, they soon had to make their way past the onslaught of screaming kids before they found the backroom they figured was the office.

Pushing the door open, both pairs of red eyes landed on a woman in her late forties. She was somewhat robust with a general uncaring demeanor. Her hair was losing color as well and was a dark shade of gray, but they could tell that it was fake. It was dyed and was actually much lighter. As the woman sat there both girls grew even angrier by her presence as she held a phone sideways in her hands as she watched something.

They didn’t even need to check her… it was abundantly clear that she was a monster. “We need to have a word with you… Meriam.” Alexis spoke in a quiet tone before feeling her anger rise. She was so focused on whatever she was watching that she didn’t even hear her! Raising her hand up, Sophia flicked her finger before the phone the woman had been holding just moments prior shot into her hand.

Jumping the woman looked up startled before looking at the two blondes in front of her. “What the fuck? Hey, give that back you brat!” Feeling her lips twitch into a cruel smile, Sophia looked at the phone before crushing it in her hand like it was made of paper.

Gawking, the woman stood up quickly in rage before stomping over to them. “You tiny bitch! Get your ass over here so  I… can…” Growing stiffer with each step, the older woman looked down confused as she saw her body spasm as she tried to move. “So you can what, exactly?” Alexis smiled cruelly.

“W-What’s going on, what the hell?!” Tossing the broken phone aside, Sophia soon crossed her arms behind her back as she observed the woman with contempt. “Come along with us Meriam, we have something to discuss with you.” Attempting to scream, the woman soon felt her mouth shut on its own before she whimpered in pain, her teeth digging into her lips painfully.

“She said for you to come with us, not to open your putrid mouth,” Alexis whispered venomously. Walking out of the room with the woman following them robotically, both twins soon came to the main play area of the daycare.

“Let’s play a game. We’ll ask a question, and you answer it truthfully. But for each answer you don’t tell us truthfully, we hurt you... a lot.” Alexis added viciously. Struggling and screaming through her closed mouth, the woman was utterly terrified now. What was going on, who were these two little monsters and what the hell were they doing to her!

“Monsters… heh, what does that make you then?” Sophia chided before pointing to the room. “Question one… Why are these children, these infants under your supervision… fighting?” She snapped. Feeling her lips open on her own, Meriam screamed before having her lips shut once again. “Wrong answer. We were looking more for something like… you don’t like children so you don’t care what they do to each other. Am I correct dear sister?”

Smirking Alexis nodded. “Right you are. So since you got the answer wrong, here’s your penalty.” Watching as Alexis moved towards her, the woman tried to scream again but she still couldn’t move. Extending her finger, the little blonde gave her skin a gentle flick before the woman doubled over in pain nearly falling off her feet in the process had Sophia not been holding her up.

Watching her skin constricting on itself and expand from the simple touch both girls grinned. “I changed your pain receptors when we took control of you. The pain is about ten times more noticeable now. If you stub your toe, it would be on par with breaking a bone…” She whispered quietly before directing her dark gaze upwards at the horrified woman.

“So let’s continue our little game. Try to answer properly this time.” Following in turn behind the girls once again, Alexis looked around before watching as a pair of boys tugged on a little brunette’s hair as she cried. Souring, Sophia stepped past them before lifting them both up by their overalls. Screaming the kids flailed in her arms before the blonde tossed them gently back sending them tumbling on their butts.

“Don’t pick on others…” Screaming and crying the two little boys ran away now but she wasn’t about to give them sympathy. Someone else needed it. Looking down at the cowering toddler as she cried loudly, Sophia leaned down before picking her up.

“Calm down, they won’t pick on you now. You’re alright…” Scanning her mind for interactions such as this, the blonde nodded before bouncing the girl lightly like she had seen in a video year’s ago. Sniffling, the little girl soon calmed down before looking up at Sophia in silence.

Smiling down at her, the older blonde grinned before patting her head where her hair had been pulled. “Question two. What is her name?” Sophia whispered quietly before looking at Meriam. Feeling her stomach drop, the elderly woman felt her lips released… but she was silent.

She didn’t have a clue who this kid was… ‘Wrong answer.’ Screaming in pain once again as she felt Alexis pinch her leg, Meriam soon fell to her knee’s crying. Why were they doing this to her? She had never seen these freaks in her life.

Setting the child down calmly, Sophia smiled at the girl before ruffling her light brown hair. “Go play with some girls May. I’m sure they won’t pick on you like those mean boys did.” Turning her head quietly, the little girl soon nodded before crawling away. Looking back at the woman, Sophia shook her head angrily before crossing her arms.

“Her name was May. The two boy’s names were Trevor and Mark. The three girls behind you are Belle, Mary, and Sue. The two over there who are brother and sister are Jarod and Stephanie. They all have names, they all have lives. You know none of them because you’re a Monster. You opened a daycare not because it was appealing… not because you wanted to help children… and not because you cared for them. You simply opened it because of the negligent parents this city has an abundant supply of and the fact you get support checks for this place to keep it fully suited and functioning… but, I don’t see where that money was used.” Sophia whispered before waving her hand around the area.

“Leaky roofs… and broken floors. Children are getting injured daily here! They can get sick or infected at this age! And you just use the money the government gives you… to stuff your fat face… and improve the life you live at home. You think us Monsters but you’re the Monster!” Alexis snapped angrily.

Grabbing her sister’s hand, Sophia grunted in restraint as she held Alexis back from striking the woman’s face. She still had her pain receptors heightened… and a hit like that would be the equivalent of getting struck by lightning…

Cowering before the to omnipotent children, the aging woman tried to crawl away but Sophia would have none of that. “Question three…” She whimpered as her hand rose up to control her once more. “Who owns this Daycare…” Sobbing loudly, the woman shook her head before sputtering her answer. “M-M-Me…”

 

Grinning darkly, both girls chuckled ominously. “Wrong answer…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching as buildings passed by outside their car, both Sophia and Alexis were silent as they thought over what they had spoken of with Claire that day. They were on their way back from Georgia after a quick stop to see their secret crush and conspirator, and she gave them a lot to think about this time around.

They had been talking about plans for their future, not that she knew what they were really doing but they kept her in the loop cryptically none the less. And it proved her insight, even if it wasn’t one hundred percent knowing, was still invaluable. But this time around… she had mentioned something that they never thought about.

‘Do you have any friends helping you with your project?’ Sighing, neither girl said a word as they kept thinking the conversation over and over. ‘Friends… we have none. Except for you Claire…’ Did she count as a friend? They didn’t know what she even was at this point. A guide… a love interest… a foolishly naive yet informative individual?’

Strumming her fingers on the window, Sophia looked out at the city as she thought hard on the subject of friendship. “We don’t have friends… we never have. Why do we need them, though, we have each other.” Nodding her head, Alexis leaned into her sister as she let her hand caress her gently. “Friendship is supposed to be strong, and unbreakable. It’s between two individuals who see the value in one another… but what value do we need from others?”

They had all the power in the world at their very fingertips… yet, even so, they had recently failed in their past endeavors. “Perhaps… she was right again.” Looking up at her sister, Alexis smiled quietly as she continued to lounge on her sibling lap. ‘How would they help us?’ “We’ll figure it out when the time comes.”

 

Perhaps it was time. Time for someone else to shoulder their burden with them…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Studying the girl in front of them quietly, neither Alexis nor Sophia said a word as they let her finish her food. She looked about ready to pass out to. Scarfing handful after handful of fries and bite-sized burgers in her mouth that the diner had served them, the two twins soon grew a bit sick to their stomachs. ‘Her table manners are lacking horribly…’ ‘She didn’t have anyone teach her proper etiquette either. Do not judge.’

Nodding her head in silence, Sophia closed her eyes before finally speaking. Now was a good a time as any. “Have you had enough time to think on what we requested of you?” Moving a fistful of fries away for a moment, the little toddler in front of them looked up in confusion before frowning. “W-What do you need Kat to do again?”

Sighing, Alexis patted her sister's back as she felt her frustration but this was good… for both them and her. They were learning patience, something this child had seemingly worn thin in a matter of hours, and they, in turn, were giving her hope. Hope for a better future then what her die had cast.

“We need you to become, our friend. This friendship will be different than most though Kat. You will be one of our… Horsemen.” Sophia grinned. It seemed the title was appropriate. They were going to cause an apocalypse, and they needed people to lead it with them.

Squinting her eyes, Kat looked between them again before shaking her head. “But what do you need Kat to do?” Tagging her sister to step up now, Alexis mimicked her sister as she sighed. They had explained this same conversation to her at least ten times now. She had a rather limited attention span.

“I’ll try to make this as simple as possible for you to comprehend. Are you following me so far?” Nodding her head as she continued to stuff her mouth Kat tried extra hard to pay attention to all the big words the older girls were saying. They were being really nice to Kat.

“We will help you, Kat. We will make you strong, and smart, and make you anew with our gifts.” Alexis whispered before looking to her sister. Raising her finger as a salt shaker rose into the air, Kats eyes widened in excitement. “WOW, CAN KAT DO THAT TO!”

Dropping the condiment swiftly, both girls cringed before looking around. Thankfully no one had seen that. “That is for you to decide. If you choose to follow us and become our friend, we will gift you with powers beyond your comprehension. And in turn, you must listen and follow us to the tee. If we say jump, you jump.” “And if we tell you to do something you do it. You can question us all you want, but you must not disobey us.” “So once again, do you accept our gift?”

Blinking once, then twice, Kat soon furrowed her brow. “Can you tell Kat what you want again?” Thumping their heads on the table, the blondes groaned unanimously before shaking them. She had to be doing this on purpose now.

 

This was just cruel and unusual torture…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Crying in a dirty corner of her Daycare, a little brunette sniffled before sobbing into her blackened pink rabbit hoodie. Watching as a pair of boys began approaching her once again like they did every day, the little toddler whimpered before hiding her face beneath the fabric of her shirt. They wouldn’t stop picking on her…

“Let go, let go! Mommy!” Lifting her head slowly as she heard a loud crying from the two children who had been harassing her, the toddler looked up before staring in awe by what she was seeing. Standing in front of her, was an older girl, with blonde twin tails. And in her hands were the two boys who had been picking on her for months.

“Say you’re sorry, both of you!” Sophia snapped. Crying loudly, both boys muttered their apologies before Sophia turned them around to look at her. “I told you last time to stop picking on her! If you do it again I’ll tell your Mothers!” Cowering, both children cried louder before they were dropped to the ground.

Watching in shock as they ran away, the little brunette looking up at her savior in silent reverence. Someone was being nice to her… Kneeling in front of the younger girl, Sophia extended her hand before smiling warmly. “You have a very gentle aura about you. Would you like to be me and my sister's friend May? We promise after we’re done with you, you’ll never fear bullies again. And we never break our promises.”

Sniffling, May whimpered quietly before smiling. “K…” Hugging the girl gently, Sophia smiled happily as she looked over to her sister and Kat. May was a simple choice, one that had considered long before the thought of making friends even occurred to them. She would be the restraint they needed, even if they didn’t know it.

 

They had found their second Horsemen…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“KAIA! What did we tell you about making messes! Go change immediately you’re an embarrassment to your father! Actually, go to your room… you’ve shamed us enough already.” Looking up at her mother silently, Kai whimpered in sadness before going towards the staircase. Bowing respectfully to the adults that passed her by like she had been taught, it didn’t take her long to reach the top before she made a b-line for her room.

Shutting the door, and now alone, tears filled her eyes. “I-I’m sorry…” Moving to her bed, the little brunette cried softly as she shook her head. She couldn’t please them… and they hated her for it. All she did was drop a horderve she had snatched from the kitchen. It wasn’t her fault she was hungry… her dinner time wasn’t till after the party and that still didn’t end for another couple of hours.

Lying in her bed, Kai sniffled before reaching into her empty pocket. She had tried to grab a few more before her Mother caught her… but, she had failed. “Having a guest snatch your food because you told them you were too short to reach it. Clever girl.” Screaming, Kai shot up in fright as she saw her door wide open.

In place of its frame, were two little girls dressed in royal red dresses? She had seen them once that night actually when they were with another woman who looked like them but she hadn’t spoken with either of them. So… what were they doing in her room?

Leaving the door open behind them, Sophia stepped forward before pulling something out from behind her back. Glancing to the plate full of food, Kai soon shivered with desire. “We brought you something. Your parents didn’t plan on letting you have dinner because of your… scandal.” She smirked.

Moving to the end of the bed, the blonde soon sat down without waiting for an invitation from the girl before placing the plate down between them. Moving to a desk chair next to them, Alexis took it before wheeling herself over to the troubled girl as she stared at them, the door, and the food she really wanted.

“W-Why are you here?” Pushing the plate closer wordlessly, Sophia smiled coyly before looking to her sister. “You have an ingenious mind, a cunning one. You have such insight we find valuable. We came here with a peace offering. So please enjoy, and let us speak our minds while you do.”

Looking between the door and the food again in fear, her stomach soon won her internal conflict before Kai started snatching the small tidbits of food her parents had prepared for their guests… not for her. Lacing their fingers, both girls watched Kai with interest as they thought about what they could do for her.

“We want you to be our friend Kaia. No, Kai. You prefer to go by that name instead, am I correct? Nodding her head slowly unsure of why she even knew that, Alexis continued. “We came here to offer you something. Something wonderful… and something you’ll be able to use fully to aid us.” Pausing as she finished chewing a mouthful of food, Kai swallowed before looking between them both. “W-What do you want?” Looking to the door, Sophia’s hand rose before it shut on its own.

Gawking, the brunette dropped the food she had been holding and looked back at the blonde in silent wonder. How did she do that! Chuckling, both siblings gave the girl a short demonstration of their abilities before continuing with their offer. “We have gifts, Kai, gifts we will share with you. All we want in return is your loyalty and your trust. We want you to become our friend. And in return, we will grant you your freedom. Do you not see the shackles around your ankles and the cuffs upon your wrists? Let us free you. Let us free your mind, your body, and then from there… choose where you want to go.”

Glancing at her hands and feet, Kai furrowed her brow as she tried to make sense of their words, but, she got the rough understanding. They wanted to help her… Looking at them once more, Kai smiled slowly before nodding her head. “What do you want me to do?” She wanted to be free…

 

Grinning, Sophia and Alexis’s hands rose before moving towards the girl. She was about to be free alright… and in turn, she would become their third Horsemen…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching the roads pass her by as they drove in circles, Lily observed the rain falling all around her as her downcast eyes continued to stare off into the distance. “So what do you say… will you join us, and become the fourth Horsemen? We promise you your life will get better. Our gifts are limitless, and our power plentiful. All of it can be yours. All you must do is say yes.”

Looking away from her reflection the raven-haired child looked to Sophia and Alexis wordlessly before glancing to their mother. Narrowing their eyes, Alexis shook her head slowly. “No… she loves us dearly, and what you have aren’t parents… their Monsters. In time you will know the difference. And what you do with your knowledge is up to you. It is our goal to one day rid the world of all Monsters… and to do it, we have friends to assist us… our Horsemen.”

Sophia whispered. This was a tough conversation for both of them. Unlike any of their other friends, Lily was different, much different. Her mind was adapted. She was intelligent from such a young age, gifted even. To give her their gifts… she could possibly become their greatest creation and their strongest friend.

Looking down at her hands, Lily’s eyes quietly shut on their own. It freaked her out at first to learn what these two twins were... but, they didn’t hurt her. And they wanted to do stuff for her. She wasn’t afraid of them… not like she was of everyone else back home.

Was this her destiny? ‘Yes…’ Opening her eyes, Lily nodded slowly before giving her response. “You said… that each of the other people you’re friends with made a single wish. Can… can I make a wish to?” Grinning from ear to ear, both Sophia and Alexis nodded.

“Four Horsemen, four friends… and four wishes. With time, all will come true. Tell us your wish Lily, and we will make it come true. Feeling her resolve harden now, the troubled child nodded once more before speaking her wish.

Smiling, both siblings nodded their heads before having their mother pull the car around. “Your wish will be granted, Lily. You have our word.” Raising their hands to the girl, they soon prepared to give her, her gift. In time, all her troubles would be a thing of the past… and their council would be complete.

 

They were now just missing one thing. The most important person to their entire agenda. The one who started it all, to begin with…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Dillard, Georgia ~

 

 

“How… how could this have happened… we were only gone for a few months!” Sophia cried angrily as she clenched her fists.

They had arrived here a week ago and had been waiting in their usual meeting spot every day for Claire to show up. But she never came. Today had been the final straw. They had to see her! But… she wasn’t going there anymore. They had to go to her.

Arriving at her house, her address having been drilled into their minds, they soon discovered what had become of their crush. She… she was broken, again… She had once been broken, but someone fixed her… but now that person was gone… and she was hollow once more. And it was all their fault…

They left her here. They left her here in this god forsaken town knowing how hard it was for her to get by. And the one ray of hope she clung to so dearly, left her. If only they had been here to comfort her when it happened! ‘W-We couldn’t have known…’ “WE SHOULD HAVE!” Sophia wailed angrily.

Anyone… they could have let down anyone… but not her. Not their Claire. They had abandoned her to with their latest project. Things were going splendidly for them… and they had forgotten about her plight. And this was their punishment.

Crying amongst one another, Alexis wiped her tears away as she saw Claire’s lifeless expression through her bedroom walls. She looked utterly miserable. Like life didn’t matter anymore… and… and… Feeling her breath hitch, Alexis stumbled for a moment before gasping in the horrific realization.

She was thinking about death again… Looking at her sister in shock, Sophia shook her head angrily. “SHE WOULDN’T DO IT!” ‘But… she wants to…’ Clenching their fists, both blondes eyes hardened before they looked back at her house… no, her jail.

“Alexis…” “Yes, Sophia…” “We’re pushing the project forward. It’s time we bring her into the fold. It’s time we return her kindness… even if she’s not ready to receive it yet.” Nodding her head, Alexis’s eyes shut as she made the preparations in mind for what was to come.

 

Claire wouldn’t accept them. She wouldn’t. She wasn’t ready to learn of their world. But, they would force her to… for her own sake… and for theirs…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting together in their car, both Sophia and Alexis had hardened expressions as they waited patiently. They had to get this right, less they let Claire down… again. ‘Do you think it’s enough?’, “It’s neither too little nor too much. She’s smart. She’ll know immediately what to do with it, and if she doesn’t, we’ll guide her.”

Nodding, Alexis soon stiffened before closing her eyes. ‘Here she comes.’ Glancing out their window both girls grew saddened as they saw their long-time crush walking home… no, their love. They knew the difference now. This was no ordinary obsession. She was perfect in their eyes… more perfect than they could ever hope to be. But seeing her now… it hurt them. She looked… lifeless… As she stumbled towards her porch, Alexis quickly stepped in.

‘Check the mail.’ Watching as the girl paused mid-step, her attention shifted back to her mailbox before she went over to it. After grabbing the documents and scanning them, she made it about halfway to her door before something caught her eye.

‘Yes… you have an aunt. She loved you dearly. Remember her… and open her letter.’ Smiling at her sister’s mental commands, Sophia nodded her head. They had both grown stronger in the years they had known Claire. She had pushed them to better themselves and with it, their abilities were more honed than they used to be.

She could control specific aspects of all reality itself, and her sister could bend people around her fingers without them so much as cracking. It was truly terrifying in retrospect… but unless it were a Monster, they would never harm someone else.

Watching as the brunette stumbled after reading their letter and seeing the check they had written out for her, Sophia moved her hand upwards as she smiled in amusement. She had almost fallen off her feet in surprise. “Steady Claire, don’t pass out on us now.”

As the girl regained her balance both blondes nodded. She’d be alright now. Rolling up the window, both Sophia and Alexis turned to their Mother before telling her to take them back to the hotel. Their job was done for the day but they’d be staying here for a while.

Until Claire was safely on her way to Philadelphia, they weren’t letting her out of their sights… It was going to be a long summer ahead of them. But once they returned... they would have their love right where she belonged.

 

She would be free.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Present time ~

 

 

Panting on top of the small table she had been sitting on, Claire gazed downward as she recalled everything. How she had met the twins in her secret grotto. How they had lashed out at her. How she eventually befriended them. How they strolled along with her… accompanied her… accepted her. She was their friend… at least, that’s what her mind was telling her. She had taken them to her daycare, and they got to know Kim and Annabelle as well. They had been in her life… for years…

Looking up slowly, sweat beaded down the brunette’s brow as she shivered with unknown emotions. Gazing upon the two little blondes in front of her, a foreign look passed over her now. She wasn’t staring at a pair of Twins… she was staring at Sophia Artiste and Alexis Artiste… daughters of Mrs.… no, that wasn’t right… their mom wasn’t a school teacher at her old high school like they had told her.

She was the attorney general for the state. All their memories… she could see them too. They were coursing through her mind and inhabiting her memories. She saw them… their lives... how they came to find her… and how they brought her here. It was like watching a puzzle slowly assembling itself in her mind… but, when it finished it showed the image to her clearly. She may have just come here… but it wasn’t by her own doing…

She had been played… all along. Shuddering beside the speechless girl, all four of the twin’s friends as well were in just as much disbelief. They had been witness to the memories as well. “No way… No freaking way…” Kai muttered as she went over what she had just seen. They… they had all been brought together… because of Claire?

But… but why did the twins have them judge her then!? It didn’t make sense, this was backward's… Looking up at the brunette’s blank expression, May tugged on the girl's arm but she gave no visible reaction. “C-Claire…?” Turning their eyes towards her, all of them now, both Sophia and Alexis chose now to speak… it wasn’t going to get any less painful for what they had already done.

“We did bring you here Claire… When you were stuck with no way out, and no hope to escape,” ‘We provided you with the means to do it. You are our friend Claire… and in time, we grew to see you as even more than that.’ Closing their eyes, both blondes were silent now as they waited for her to speak. They had said their part… now it was time to see how she would react, to their grand betrayal…

Looking up with blurry eyes, Claire looked to each of the girls, in turn, their expressions showing just as much disbelief, shock, or confusion as she felt now. But, there was one pair of eyes that didn’t meet hers. ‘Because she had a part to play in all of it as well…’

“Kat…” Looking to the orange haired Neko as she hung her head, the little cat girl turned away fearfully as she hid her face. Amongst the memories, she had received via Alexis… there was one that struck her the hardest amongst them all. She had seen Kat with them... she had seen her face and had been with them when they came to Georgia once as well. Did she know about her all along?

“Y-You knew… and you didn’t tell me?” Folding her ears downward, the youngest of the group crawled backward's slowly as she shook her head. “K-Kat… Kat couldn’t-“, “She was following our commands.” Feeling her eyes widen, Claire’s head shot up as she stared to the twins now, their expressions made of stone as to not betray what they really felt.

“If you choose anyone to call fault on, let it fall on us. Not her…” As the others all looked to Kat now, Kai soon growled. “What… the… hell! Why didn’t you two tell us any of this!?” The younger brunette snapped angrily. Glaring at the Hawaiian native, Sophia clenched her fists slowly but she didn’t back down from her enraged look.

“What, you’ll tell one of us something this monumental but not all of us! Why did Kat know who Claire was but we were left in the dark?” “That’s enough Kai… you don’t understand the situation we were in-““Screw that! You say we’re your friends, and you wanted us to help you but why should we help you when you don’t even trust us!” Slamming her hands on the table, Sophia soon grew just as angry as their friend was.

“You don’t understand!”, “THEN MAKE ME UNDERSTAND!” “C-Claire…?” Blinking, both girls immediately stopped their argument as they looked to the older girl as she finally stood up. Taking a stumbling step forward, the brunette’s vision blurred as she tried to walk. “H-Hey Claire, are you alright?” Turning back to Kai slowly, her head gently shook before she clenched her eyes…

“I… I need to think… I need to get away…” Before any of the girls could ask what she meant by that… she was gone. Running away from the group entirely, Claire’s eyes were shut tightly as tears streamed down her cheeks. She didn’t know what was going on anymore… and it hurt…

She had trusted them… and they had betrayed her… just like everyone else. Only this time, it hurt much worse than it had last time. More than it had with Brittney… with her family… with her old friends… with any of them. She could have been betrayed by anyone, but not them…  Not after all she had been made to feel for them…

Standing completely still, both Sophia and Alexis felt their breath’s hitch as air refused to enter their lungs. This… this hurt them too. Claire was hurting… and she was hurting them with what they had done to her. Watching as each of their friends took off after the disgruntled girl till only one remained, both sisters moved to the table before sitting down.

 

Gazing slowly at the wooden desk, both siblings grew angry.

 

 Four years of planning…

 

Four years of hard work…

 

Four years of nurturing her trust…

 

And it was gone in a matter of seconds…

 

Gazing up at the door she had gone through, both their irises glowed an eerie red as tears fell down their cheeks.

 

Claire wasn’t coming back…

 

 

..

 

.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

End Notes:

Well, its finished, but i'm sure you now have more questions after all of that. Please review your thoughts to me. You know how dearly i cherish them. And the responces i've gotten last chapter and the one prior have just left me giddy.

Thank you all for reading this far along. And look foward to the approuching end. It will be one to look foward to, I promise.

By guys!

The truest form of love... by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

Well... what a long and strange trip it's been. Here we are people. the final chapter... kind of. XD

I had written something else after this, but I cut it out and plan on posting it a couple days from now. This story has a lot of directions and turns, and in my mind they all lead out perfectly but on paper... not so much.

But, i'm hoping this will do for now, and if there's something you still want to know, i assure you the last part i post afterwards will cover it.

But, all good things have to end. so i wont drag this on any longer.

 

Enjoy...

Crying into her arms as sadness enveloped her, Claire wailed loudly not caring if anyone heard her. She was hurt. Sitting behind the Daycare with her knee’s tucked into her chest and her arms draped over them, the brunette continued to sob as she let her emotions roll out of her. How could she have been this wrong… wrong about them…

 

They told her they loved her… but they were just playing puppet master with her for years. And all for what?! She still didn’t know what the hell their plan was. That had been one detail that the twins hadn’t disclosed to her in their memories.

 

‘W-Why me… why am I always being betrayed by the people I think are my friends?’ It wasn’t fair! “C-C-Claire?” Stiffening, the older girl looked up slowly with a broken expression as she gazed at the small pink haired child standing over her. “C-Can I sit with you… p-please?” Biting her lower lip, Claire tried to tell her to leave… but she couldn’t.

 

Was she being controlled now too! She knew May could influence her… But no, she wasn’t. She wanted the company. Lowering her knees, Claire nodded quietly before patting her knee's. Moving over to the older girl, May was silent as she sat down on her lap before leaning into her. Sitting in relative silence for a few minutes, Claire wondered if either of them would even speak or if the girl simply came as moral support.

 

Moving her hands around May slowly, Claire hugged her gently before burying her face in the small bunny hoodie behind the girls head. “P-Please don’t cry…” Gritting her teeth, Claire shook as she tried to obey her… but she couldn’t. This time it was very apparent she was being given a command. Sniffling quietly, Claire looked up at May in pain as she saw the younger girls tear filled eyes.

 

“I can’t…” She choked out. Whimpering, the pinkette crawled around in her lap before facing Claire and hugging her back. “B-But I asked nicely.” Feeling her lips twitch into a small smile, the brunette shook her head. “I-It doesn’t work like that…” Sitting in silence once more, both girls cried now as the events that had unfolded passed through their minds.

 

“A-A-Are you going to leave us?” Looking up at Claire slowly, May waited for an answer… but she didn’t receive one. It looked like not even she knew the answer to that question. “H-Hey…” Blinking slowly, Claire looked up once again before saddening. Making her way over to the two crying girls, Kai put on a fake smile as she joined them.

 

“Heavy stuff, right?” She chuckled, before scowling as she saw the emotionless expression over Claire’s features. “I… I know Sophia and Alexis messed up, I mean big time on this. But, May’s right. You’re not actually considering leaving us… right? Not after, not after everything we’ve been through…” Turning her head away, Claire was quiet, but it seemed Kai had just as much of an effect on her as May had.

 

Sighing, the brunette wiped her dampened cheeks off on the girl's pink jacket before looking up at Kai. “H-How can I possibly stay here… after, this?” Shivering, Kai tried to remain calm but her expression showed she was failing horribly. “B-B-But, but you can’t just l-leave us!” She stuttered out. Feeling tears form once more, Claire’s only response was her outstretched arm.

 

Joining May, Kai fell into Claire before hugging her close. “P-Please don’t leave… we love you, Claire…” May whimpered quietly as she clung to Claire tightly. Nodding her head, Kai croaked quietly as her tears finally came out as well. She didn’t want the girl leaving any more than the others did.

 

Sitting quietly between the two girls she had come to know and love within such little time, Claire smiled softly as she held them close. She would miss them… all of them. But, she couldn’t just ignore something like this. The twins had practically stolen her life from her. They had made her move away from home… and come to a different state entirely.

 

Perhaps it was time… time for her to go home… “H-H-HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LILITH?!”, “L-Lily?!” Opening her eyes back up, Claire looked up in surprise as both May and Kai staggered off of her before walking robotically forward. Coming into view, Lily’s hand rose as she made the two other girls present stand at attention.

 

“LILY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Kai screeched angrily. This had been the first time the raven-haired girl had actually controlled them like this! Giving no verbal response, Lily simply moved her hand as the two screaming girls began to walk away. “H-H-Hey, Lily, stop it! What are you going to do?!” “L-L-Lily let me go!” May whined before both girls moved out of view presumably back inside the Daycare.

 

Watching quietly, Claire’s brow furrowed as she saw the girl make some other strange hand gestures before lowering her arm. However… as her eyes moved to Claire, the brunette grew worried. She looked mad. Marching over to Claire, the younger girl said nothing as her hand rose. “L-Lily?”

 

 

*Slap*

 

 

Hearing a gentle ringing in her ears, along with a painful stinging on her right cheek, Claire's face was turned sideways now before she moved her head back up to look at Lily’s… tear filled eyes? Glaring at Claire, Lily clenched her fists as she stared down at the girl. She couldn’t believe what she had seen and heard come out of her mouth…

 

“Shut… up.” Touching her cheek slowly, Claire flinched from the pain she felt where she had just been hit. “L-L-Lily…?” Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl shook her head angrily. “Shut up… shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!” Gazing at the enraged girl in confusion, Claire tried to speak but she was beaten to it.

 

“STOP SAYING THAT YOU’RE GOING TO LEAVE!” Feeling realization dawn on her why Lily was acting the way she was now, Claire grew saddened. “L-Lily… I-“, “I said shut up!” Feeling her mouth forcibly shut, Claire gawked before looking back at the angry girl.

 

Cupping face, Lily shivered as she felt her internal voice rising. “S-Stop… saying, these things! You’re not leaving us…” Shivering with fear, Claire crawled back against the wall slowly. Was this Lily talking… or had her other half taken control again? Panting slowly, Lily removed her hand from her face before sighing slowly.

 

Moving her arms back to her sides as she released control over Claire, the raven-haired child continued to glare hatefully at her. “You’re acting like a fool!” Looking up at the younger girl in shock, Claire growled angrily before standing up abruptly.

 

“W-W-What the hell does that mean! You think me wanting to leave this place because I was forced to come here makes me some kind of idiot?!” Growling, Lily nodded her head angrily before crossing her arms. “I’d call you a child, but that would be an insult to us! Only a fool would cast blame one-sidedly! You are a fool, Claire Abernathy! You weren’t forced to come here, you chose to!”

 

As her mouth hung agape, Claire no longer hid her surprise before screaming. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I DIDN’T ASK TO BE BROUGHT HERE! SOPHIA AND ALEXIS PLAYED ME!” Narrowing her eyes, Lily nodded her head slowly before raising her hand.

 

Gritting her teeth as she was forced onto her knees, Claire soon kneeled down in front of Lily as the child met her anger head on. “Yes… they did. But ask yourself this… who wanted to escape from her horrible life? Who wanted to get away from it… who wanted to leave?” Opening her mouth, Claire wet her lips to speak… but nothing came out.

 

“You can’t lie to me Claire; I’m inside your head! You want to run away because you’re hurt. The twins hurt you and you want to flee like you always do! You always run away… You did it from Brittney, and now you’re doing it to us…” Whimpering, Claire looked away bitterly before crying out in pain as her head was forced back in place. “Look me in the eyes and tell me right now… that your life now, is worse, then when the damned twins came into it…”

 

Choking on her words, Claire tried to say yes… but all that came out was a garbled response. Closing her eyes Lily simply scoffed. “I thought as much… You can’t just leave. Not after everything you’ve done for us, Claire. Not after what you did for me... We won’t let you.” Glaring at Lily, Claire found her voice slowly before raising it.

 

“A-And do you expect me to just sit by and let the Sophia and Alexis control me!” Shaking her head, Lily sighed before releasing her hold on Claire once again. “They can’t control you, Claire, they never could. Not you… I don’t expect you to just sit by and do nothing; you have been wronged after all. But I expect you to make the right decision about it first. You proved to me you were special. You showed me your true nature. And the Claire I discovered wouldn’t simply ignore the facts in front of her!” Lily snapped.

 

Going quiet, Claire fell mute as she stared at the ground in front of her. “I… I gave you my trust Claire.” Looking up slowly, Claire soon felt her breath hitch as she saw something surprising. Lily… was crying again. Glaring at the older girl once again, Lily sniffled before wiping down her cheeks. “I gave you, that which I never give. And in a day you tried to throw it away… We were all betrayed by the Twins, Claire. Don’t betray us like they did too…”

 

Shivering, Claire tried to speak, but Lily had already turned her back on her. Walking away from the defeated brunette, Claire was now alone as she kneeled on the ground somberly. Lowering her gaze, she shook her head slowly before pulling her knee’s out from under her and back against her chest.

 

She had to think. Maybe… maybe, she couldn’t see clearly with so much pain. Maybe… Lily had some truth to her words. Closing her eyes as she cried once again, Claire remained there as she contemplated all that had befallen her that morning.

 

 

Would she ever trust them again? Would anything be the same? Could she forgive them…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Two hours later ~

 

 

Moving her hand around the door to the Daycare, Claire shivered as she tried to muster her courage. She wanted to leave. And a part of her didn’t know if she’d return if she did. But, that was why she was doing this. Lily was right, she wanted to run away. When it came to a confrontation, she always chose flight over fight. Not this time, though.

 

Pushing the door aside, the brunette soon walked in before making her way over towards the back of the Daycare. She knew where they were. Glancing to the three familiar girls sitting outside the door, Claire approached quietly as they stared inside.

 

“Claire?” Rising slowly, Kai smiled up at her before giving the girl a quick hug. “A-Are you staying?” Remaining silent, the older girl looked inside the room before frowning. “Why are you all out here?” Scowling as her dire question was avoided, Kai tried to speak but Lily took command of their small group.

 

“It’s the Twins. They won’t let us approach them. I tried to enter the room to speak to them, and I was sent back out. I’m pretty sure only one of us can go in there, Claire.” She whispered darkly. Clenching her fists, the brunette sighed silently already knowing who that someone was.

 

What was she going to say? Glancing back to the three girls present, Lily, Kai, and May, Claire soon grew troubled. “A-And Kat?” shaking her head, Lily lowered her gaze. “She never left.” Licking her lips, Claire took a deep breath before pushing the door aside and entering. However, unlike Lily, she was permitted to enter.

 

‘I guess she was right again…’ Walking past the vacant room, Claire looked across the room before glaring. Sitting in the same place as they had been hours ago, was Sophia and Alexis… however, they looked… for want of a better term, possessed.

 

Both girls had hung their heads letting their golden locks fall freely over their faces. And their bodies were deathly still. It didn’t even look like they were breathing. Moving inward more, Claire quietly shivered as she felt the oppressive feeling parading around the room. Circling the girls carefully, fear evident in her step for the first time since meeting them, Claire made her way towards the smaller girl tightly packed into a ball who was currently just as still as the blondes were in the corner.

 

Standing over Kat, Claire looked down at the younger girl sadly before touching her. “Kat… Look at me.” Shaking the girl gently, the brunette grit her teeth. She wasn’t responding to her. “Kat, I said look at me!” Feeling her lower lip tremble as her command fell on deaf ears, Claire closed her eyes before picking the girl up, ball and all.

 

Feeling her flinch as she was gently held, Claire ignored her. She’d come back to Kat once she finished with the Twins. Stepping back out of the room, the older girl moved next to the other girls before setting Kat down. “H-Hey, is Kat alright?” Shaking her head, Claire moved back to the room before entering once more.

 

She wanted to stay with Kat and try to get her to speak… but she needed to speak to them first. She had to know the truth. Jumping as the door was shut behind her of its own accord, Claire turned slowly before narrowing her eyes. “Do you not want your friends to hear this…”

 

Raising their shimmering red eyes as they sulked, both Sophia and Alexis looked up at Claire before one of the chairs at the table pushed itself out. Not backing down from the open invitation, Claire stepped up to the small table before sitting herself down. Feeling seconds tick by, Claire waited for them to speak… but, it seemed like they wanted her to make the first move.

 

They were scared. “Is there anything else you’re hiding from me?” Flinching from the blatant question directed at them, neither blonde said a word as they felt the anger rolling off their lover. She was still sad… but now she was channeling it into anger. Rage towards them.

 

Looking to her sister, Alexis shook her head slowly before Sophia met her eyes. “W-We groped you on many occasions. We always asked to sit on your lap back at the docks, but we just wanted to feel your breasts pressing into us. We’re sorry…”

 

Feeling her face light up instantly from the bizarre response she had not been expecting, Claire silently growled. “T-T-THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!” Nodding slowly, they both sighed before crossing their arms. “Our names are as follows. Sophia Artiste,” “and Alexis Artiste. We’re 15 years old and have lived here in Philadelphia all our lives. We want to change the world and we do things… stupid things, sometimes to achieve our goals.” “We love our Mother and our friends, and only hate Monsters. And we tell you this now to show you the truth. We love you, Claire… and there are no more lies between us. We are laid bare before you.” "Ask us whatever you want... and we will answer."

 

They finished slowly before closing their eyes. Biting her tongue, Claire watched them closely, but they seemed finished now. “So there is nothing now that you haven’t told me? Nothing at all.” Opening her eyes first, Alexis glared at Claire from the double sided question she asked her. “We didn’t tell you our plan because we are giving you a chance. You… you can still wash your hands of us…”

 

Clenching her fists beneath the table, Claire kept a stony expression as she waited. Looking to Sophia now, the older of the two nodded before meeting Claire’s gaze. “We have wanted nothing but peace, all our lives Claire. We’ve wanted to rid the world of Monsters, the people who corrupt it. So we set out to do that the fastest way we could. But then we met you. You showed us there is always another way to achieve your goals… and you made us realize this through your actions. You helped us see this plan through, and we had hoped to only bring you into the fold, once we achieved it. Peace. But we couldn’t just let you… let you try to kill yourself again. Even if it was a slim chance, we could not, and would not, allow it. So we deceived you… and act we are greatly ashamed of and know you will never forget, regardless if we try and make you or not.” Sophia whispered quietly before lowering her head in shame.

 

“We weren’t lying… about our love for you Claire. My sister and I have never felt as strong a connection before, as we have with you. Not even for our own Mother. And that’s why we will take all your hate, and bare it… so long as you live.” Biting her tongue, Claire remained quiet as she let her continue. She wanted to hear it all first before she spoke.

 

Licking her lips to speak again, Alexis’s hand soon stopped her causing the older of the two to look to her. Nodding her head thankfully, Alexis took it upon herself to finish saying what her sister started. “Through our world, there are just too many things that people can use for hate. Gender, race, beliefs, there’s simply too much. But…” Alexis paused before a small smile made its way to her lips.

 

“What is the one thing, that every person is capable of creating? What is the one thing, that no matter the differences people possess, they can still achieve? What is the one thing that through the entire world there is an overabundance of that people takes for granted in their day to day lives? The one thing… that is so innocent and pure, it shines as brightly as you do Claire?”

 

Furrowing her brow, the cogs in her mind ticked slowly as she processed Alexis’s words before her eyes slowly widened. “C-Children…?” Nodding her head, both Twins smiled brightly. “From birth to a certain age, children are pure, plain and simple. There is no such thing as a Monster being born, only a child. But it’s the actions people take and give that turn children as innocent and pure as they are, into Monsters.” Sophia muttered darkly.

 

“It is our goal, our new one that you gave us… that we realized what we had to do.” Alexis stated firmly. Smiling proudly, Sophia joined her sister as they looked to Claire, their sadness not as bad now as they explained to her their goals… the goals she helped them understand and realize. “We plan on not just removing Monsters from the picture Claire… but stopping the furthering of them for humanity. We’re going to fix children now so that they won’t turn into Monsters and continue the vicious cycle we are currently living in now. This is our goal, Claire. This is what we brought you into…”

 

Shaking her head slowly, Claire was silent now, not so much because she was listening… but because she couldn’t believe what she had just heard. They, wanted to fix adolescence? T-That just wasn’t possible. Smirking, Sophia laced her fingers before shaking her head. “it’s very possible Claire. And even if it were not, would we simply let the impossible stop us? Have we ever?”

 

Scowling, Claire folded her arms slowly before speaking for the first time. “How… something like this, just can’t work. Y-You’re talking about changing all the children in the world into perfect, innocent kids who will never do something bad! That can’t be done…”

 

She had worked with kids for years. They made mistakes, they were mischievous. How could they hope to correct billions of people to all be nice and loving to one another? “It’s simply a matter of conditioning them, Claire.” Pausing her internal disbelief, the brunette’s brow rose. Conditioning… Did they mean teaching them and influencing them with an environment?

 

Nodding their heads, both blondes waved their hands around before grinning. “Tell us, what do you see before you?” Glancing back and forth slowly, Claire shook her head not understanding what they meant. Sighing, Sophia pointed around the room before directing it back to her. “To condition something, in this case, children, you need a test environment. Places where you can temper them and make them understand the good in each other. This Daycare Claire is our test environment.”

 

Feeling her eyes widen, Claire thought over their words before it dawned on her. This place was once a rundown building, full of sadness. She had seen it through their memories. But now, it seemed like all the children were… happy. “Y-Your using these kids as Guinee pigs?” Scowling, Sophia shook her head quickly.

 

“Y-Yes and no… we want to condition all children one day so that they don’t grow up to be Monsters. But we can’t simply take away their free will. That would turn them into robots… something we might have almost considered at one point if not for you.” Nodding her head slowly, Claire sighed before shaking it. “Then how. How can you hope to have this,” she paused before pointing around the room. “Become what is standard worldwide! Your only two girls!”

 

“We are just two little girls Claire… but through you once again, we realized something else. We are not alone.” Sitting in silence, all three girls were quiet as they mulled over all that had been said. “When you make someone happy, you give them a part of you Claire. It's contagious just like giving someone else your anger. When you give a person your emotions they stick with them. So if we give these children joy, and make them see the pleasure in helping others… who do you think become affected next?”

 

Frowning, Claire continued to shake her head. ‘It… It does sound amazing… but this is just too ambitious.’ “You say that now… but it’s already working as we speak.” Looking up in surprise, both Sophia and Alexis smirked as they pointed to the closed door.

 

“When we came here, there was misery. But now, all who come here return with happiness. And you know what? They love each other and treat others just like family. Through six children's actions… Us, Kat, May, Kai, and Lily… we were able to change dozens of other children into lively, loving individuals. And they, in turn, did the same with their friends… and so on, and so forth. It’s not a matter of how many people we interact with, it’s a matter of who the ones we do interact with in turn. We are not alone Claire… we will change the world virally, and it’s only just beginning.”

 

Growing silent as they listened to the older girls thoughts, Claire slowly began to close her eyes. “It will work,” Alexis whispered silently before mimicking the brunettes form. “We don’t expect immediate results, Claire… we know that now. But think about this. We're fifteen years old, but how old do we look?” Not even needing to open her eyes, Claire mumbled beneath her breath.

 

“Five or six…” Nodding, Sophia waited for the words to sink in before speaking next. “We look this age because we reversed our cellular structure from that age. We like being kids because it allows us to reach our goals easier. And because it makes us feel pure… even if we know we’re not.” She whispered sadly before biting her lip.

 

“But if we can do this, what do you think time is to us?” Opening her eyes, Claire’s expression showed clear confusion for what had to be the third or fourth time since they had first spoken, but Alexis was quick to fill her in. “Claire, we stopped ourselves from aging. We theoretically… could live forever…” Blinking slowly, Claire’s eyes shot open now as it dawned on her. They were right.

 

They could cure disease… withstand accidents. And even age was nothing to them as she had been shown on more than one occasion. What was left that could hamper them? Nodding their heads, both blondes looked to one another happily. “We have a potential eternity to help the world, Claire. This plan will be long… but it is the best way to achieve our goal. The world will be perfect one day, but it has to be through the actions of those who live it now to cause it to reach that point.”

 

Staring down at the table in front of them, Claire was quiet for a while as her mind processed it all. She understood what’s they meant now… kind of. They wanted to change the world over time by correcting people before they changed into quote on quote, Monsters. But… there was one question that she was still drawing blanks on.

 

“Why… why do you need me…” Looking up at Claire silently, both blondes shivered as they saw a disheartened expression on her face. After all, they had said… it didn’t seem like she had anything that could possibly contribute to their plans. Why did they value her so much besides the fact that she somehow gave them this idea?

 

“Do you really not see it?” Looking to Sophia, Claire quietly shook her head before both blondes sighed. “Claire… you are perfection in our eyes. We have never found anyone remotely coming close to how perfect you are. You’re kind and charismatic. You try to help all others who are in pain. You have a true want, and drive to help people. This, this is what the world needs! We need the world to one day be more like you Claire… and we need you to be like that with us too.” She whispered shrilly.

 

Looking at both girls confused, the Twins said nothing as they sulked. “We… we’re not perfect. You know this… we know this. And we never will be. Not like you. And with our power… and our inherent immortality, we could change for the worst.” Blinking slowly as she processed their words, it soon became apparent what they were hinting at now.

 

“A-Are… are you scared, of becoming something you don’t want to be?” Nodding sadly, both girls looked up with tear stained eyes as they slowly began to cry. “We… we almost turned into Monsters Claire. We almost subjected this world to obedience! All because we were impatient and mad that we failed once! What’s to say this plan… this plan won’t fail to. What’s going to stop us from becoming… becoming the very thing we’re trying to stop?” Alexis whimpered before cupping her face.

 

Shivering, Claire lowered her gaze. They really were laid bare before her. She could see the anguish in their faces, and hear the pain in their tones. This really scared them, didn’t it? “OF COURSE THIS SCARES US!” Sophia shrieked. “WE DON’T WANT TO BE MONSTERS!” They cried in unison before hiding their faces in their arms as they cried.

 

Sitting in silence now as she watched the two omnipotent girls sobbing hysterically, Claire nodded her head. In all the time she had gotten to know them. This was the first real time, she really understood. The reason they made a council of friends with powers like them. It wasn’t to just further their ambitions… they wanted people who would stop them in case they tried to do something bad. They wanted…

 

‘Me…’ Looking up slowly as everything slowly fell into place, Claire clenched her fists. “Y-You wanted me… because you knew I would never let you turn into something you’re not… Right?” Nodding their heads slowly, Sophia looked up weakly as she sniffled. “Y-Y-You’re different Claire. We can make… anyone, do anything we want… but we could never make you do something you didn't. We would never be able to change you. We could never do that to you. W-W-We… we love you too much.” She croaked out shrilly.

 

Cupping her hands, the brunette sat there and thought it over. Lily’s words before coming to mind. They literally couldn’t touch her. She… she was everything to them. “I… I have one more question.” Panting softly into their arms, both girls raised their red faces up slowly as they looked Claire in her eyes. “We… we told you, e-everything Claire. We haven’t lied. We love you… and we need you.”, “S-So please… tell us what we can do, to make you forgive us…”

 

 

“Do, you really love me? Or am I just the failsafe in your plan…”

 

 

Feeling their breaths hitch, both blondes went silent within seconds as they began to twitch. Looking up at Claire mutely, both girls began to twitch. As the oppressive atmosphere of the room began to grow thicker within seconds, Claire had but a second to cover her face before crying out in fear as the table, along with everything else around the twins was blown away.

 

 

“WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?! OF COURSE, WE LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!”

“WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?! OF COURSE, WE LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!”

 

 

They both screeched simultaneously, objects around them flying half hazardously around as they felt unbridled rage by such a remark. Covering her face, Claire groaned as she felt herself being pushed backward by their unstable temper tantrum.

 

“YOU’RE SPECIAL TO US!” “WE CHERISH YOU!” “WE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU!” “WE WILL, ALWAYS LOVE YOU!” “YOU WILL NEVER BE A TOOL TO US!” “YOU NEVER WERE A TOOL TO US!” WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO HELP YOU!” “AND THAT’S ALL WE’VE EVER TRIED TO DO!”

 

“WE LOVE YOU” “WE, LOVE, YOU!” Panting loudly, both girls grew breathless as they felt the air in their lungs stinging them from their screams. As the room returned to normal, both Sophia and Alexis fell to their knee’s as they let themselves rest. There they went again… they would never be able to control all their emotions like they wanted…

 

Letting their tears fall onto the hardwood floor, both blondes sniffled before shaking their heads. “You… saved us…” “And we love you for it.” “So we wanted to save you…” “And you hate us for it now…” Raising their heads, they looked to Claire defeated before shaking their heads.

 

“So be it… hate us…” “But, never…. Never say we didn’t love you…” “Never say we don’t love you…”

 

 

“And never say we just want to use you!”

“And never say we just want to use you!”

 

 

They screamed once again, their voices strained from all the yelling they had done. Staring at the two helpless girls in front of her, Claire regained her composure slowly before moving forward. Stepping up in front of the two harrowed girls, the brunette closed her eyes before leaning in close.

 

With her face just inches apart from theirs, a small smile made its way to her lips. “I never thought you did…” Choking on air, both Sophia and Alexis looked up at Claire’s amorous face before a new wave of tears found the way through their eyes. “We’re sorry!” “We’re sorry!”

 

They cried before tackling the girl. Falling backward onto the floor, Claire continued to smile as she cradled her two wailing lovers in her arms. She had heard enough. Hugging them close, the brunette leaned in before giving each of them a kiss, their tears only doubling by the affectionate action. “We… we don’t deserve you…” “We really… really don’t…” They sobbed louder before nuzzling the girl desperately. Ignoring their comment, Claire chose to simply hold them close. She missed them too…

 

She had already made her decision before entering the Daycare… whether or not she would stay there with them, or leave. But she had to hear their reasoning first before she told them that she was going to stay. As much as it hurt her… she understood why they did the things they did. Sniffling, both blondes looked down at Claire before whimpering.

 

“S-S-So… you’ll stay?” Nodding her head, Claire smiled warmly at them both before laughing as she felt her face assaulted by the twin pairs of lips. “Thank you… thank you… thank you… thank you… thank you…” They wailed quietly as they took turns kissing her. Leaning up to stop them, Claire finally sat up as she held both vulnerable girls close.

 

She was where she belonged… and she didn’t have only plans on leaving them either. Not Sophia, not Alexis… not Kat, nor May and not Kai or Lily. They were her family. Closing her eyes, Claire cupped the twins faces as she enjoyed their love.

 

 

It was real this time around. And they had proved that to her, time and time again…

 

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

 Sitting in silence, Kai, May, and Lily watched the door in front of them as they waited for the inevitable confrontation to end. They couldn’t see, anything! It seemed the blondes wanted privacy. Not even Lily could glean what was going on in there.

 

“D-Do you think… that they’ll try anything with Claire?” Kai whispered darkly before Lily shook her head. “Not a chance. They love her too much to do something to her. But… with how their mindset is… it’s possibly they could become violent if Claire chooses to leave. We’ll just have to wait and see.” The raven haired girl whispered.

 

 Whimpering, May looked down at Kat sadly as she gently stroked her friend's orange hair. “I hope she’s staying… I don’t want her to leave!” the pinkette cried softly. Patting her back, Kai nodded sadly. None of them wanted her to leave them.

 

Hearing a click behind them all, all looked back at the door wordlessly as they waited. Pushing the door open slowly, the three girls slowly began to smile as they saw who was leaving. Stepping outside the door, Claire exited the room as she held both Sophia and Alexis’s hands. “H-Hey… sorry if we kept you girls waiting.” She smiled sadly.

 

Pushing past the others, Kai shook with worry and excitement as she saw all three of them acting the way they were. “S-S-So… does this mean…” Nodding her head, Claire smiled warmly at the younger brunette before looking to the others. “I guess... I’m sticking around.” She shrugged. Laughing as both Kai and May hugged her happily, Claire sighed. She would have never been able to leave them. She really was being a fool earlier thinking she could.

 

Smirking as she felt a knowing smile being sent her way, Claire looked to Lily as she simpered. ‘I told you.’ Nodding her head, Claire smiled at her before tugging one of her hands away from the plethora of children flocking to her. Extending the hand, Claire’s lips moved as she spoke to Lily, no words needing to be said for her to understand what she meant.

 

‘Thank you.’ Cupping her hand back, the raven-haired child nodded before looking away. ‘And, what of her now…’ Frowning for the first time since making peace with her Twins, Claire looked to the youngest girl in the group as she remained in the fettle position on the table beside Lily. Looking up at Claire, both Sophia and Alexis smiling before raising their hands.

 

“Girls… Please follow us. We have some things to discuss with you in here, and we're ready to answer anything you want to know as well…” Hearing some reluctance from both Kai and May, Lily silenced them as she shoved them forward. “You heard Claire; she’s not leaving, now go!” Smirking, Alexis thanked her before all five of them moved back in the room. They did have some stuff to talk about… but this was more for her benefit. Stepping over to Kat, Claire looked down at the motionless girl as she kept her face hidden from view. “Well… you heard them, didn’t you Kat? I’m sticking around. I’m staying…” Frowning as she saw no visible response, Claire leaned down before hugging the girl, a flinch being the only response she received.

 

“They told me why you didn’t tell me before that you knew me. To think… you kept a promise that hard for so long. It’s really impressive. Heck, I can’t keep secrets. I’m really bad at it actually.” She chuckled before looking back down at Kat. “Like… the secret of your *wish*. Whoops… I guess it slipped.” She smiled warmly before picking Kat up and straightening her out.

 

Keeping her head low as to not meet Claire’s eyes, Kat said nothing as she tried not to see her. “Kat… Look at me.” She whispered softly. Raising her head slowly, Kat’s tear stained face met with Claire’s causing the brunette's heart to burst. “K-Kat… I’m not mad at you. A-A-And I know why you did the things you did. You knew me… because I was your wish. You wanted your Mother back…”

 

Whimpering, Kat tried to look away but Claire’s hand pushed her face back so she could see her. “K-K-Kat… Kat wanted to see her… see the Pretty Lady t-that Sophie and Alex promised Kat… B-B-But, y-you’re not Kat’s…” She whispered shrilly before jumping as she felt Claire’s forehead press against her own. “I’m not your what?”

 

As tears filled her eyes, Kat tried to shake her head but Claire kept her firmly in place. “Kat… tell me what I’m not?” Sniffling, the orange-haired cat girl looked at Claire before crying loudly. “Kat knows you’re not her Mommy!” Watching the girl in front of her crying harder, Claire sighed once more. “No Kat… I’m not… But, I can be.”

 

Croaking, Kat’s shuddered before looking at Claire in shock. “W-W-What?” Smirking, the brunette began wiping away Kat’s tears as she pet her head. “I know I can’t replace your mom Kat. No one can. But I can try… if you’ll let me. Come live with me from now on Kat. I love you.” Leaning forward, Claire gave the girl a gentle kiss on her forehead before smiling brightly.

 

Looking at Claire in disbelief, Kat’s face slowly began to crack before a fresh wave of tears broke through. “Mommy!” Jumping off the table and into her arms, Claire smiled warmly at the crying toddler as she clung to her desperately. Cradling her close, Claire closed her eyes as she continued petting Kat’s hair to sooth her.

 

“I’m here Kat… and I’m not going anywhere. You're my Kat, and I’m you're *Pretty Lady*” She smiled. Sniffling, Kat nodded as she continued to cling to Claire.

 

 

 

 After all these years… she had finally been granted her wish…

 

 

 

End Notes:

Well, i hope the conclusion was one you've been waiting for. I know the plan was drawn out, and in the end, it might seem like a fools dream. But, it can work.

As long as the Twin's remember, their not alone.

 

:)

 

I'll see you guys soon with the conclusion. Night guys.

Epilog by Sterben Klein
Author's Notes:

 

"Sighs"

 

What a long and strange trip this story has been. I remember when i started and, thinking it would be a fun way to pass the time. I never imagined i would turn into this...

I don't know if i still have all the same fans i had when i first started posting for this story, but i think any of you who have been here since the begining could tell things changed quickly.

And i have Franchise Writer to thank for that. After chapter 3, i didn't know where this story was headed. I originally just made it as a ongoing story that didn't have an end. But, he stopped me from posting chapter 4, and talked it over with me.

I can't believe it all changed from there like it did, but i can't thank him enough for his words. I had direction now. And you all have this story as the final byproduct.

So please, enjoy my final words. And enjoy the ending of PLD.

 

:)

 

 

 

~ Epilog ~

 

It’s been six months since I moved to Philadelphia. I left my old life behind and started a new one here. Though it was a hard start, I’m happy to know where I ended up. After I met Sophia and Alexis Artiste, officially, my whole life changed. I made friends, I found purpose, and I had a family again.  Through them and the help of their friends who I’m proud to call my own as well, we’re slowly changing the world. For better or worse, I couldn’t honestly say. But I’m happy to be here now, happy to be here to see the outcome that they have worked so long and hard to achieve. Since I first joined their group, a few things have changed here as well…

Kat now has a family, one I’m thrilled to be a part of. Even if the legal system might have stopped some when it came to adoption, both the twins took care of that for me. I’m happy to write that Kathrine Abernathy is officially mine. And we both love every minute of our time together. Although we may have our shortcomings at times, I still love her with all my heart and soul. Even when it comes time for that certain, affair each night…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“K-K-Kat… P-Please… I’m begging you… stop…”

 

Crawling on the floor with her hair sticking out in disorder, Claire grit her teeth as she clawed her way forward. “No… Kat won’t stop. You’re a mean Mommy!” Hanging her head in shame, Claire quickly shook her head. “I-I’m not! Don’t say that Kat. P-P-Please, just listen to me!” Hissing, the orange-haired cat girl inched closer in a threatening manner.

“No! I don’t wanna take a bath!” Growling, Claire crawled out from under the bed angrily as she saw Kat on the other end glaring at her. “Kat we do this every night! Look how filthy your fur is!” Crawling backward's slowly, Kat continued to hiss as the brunette moved around her.

“Kat won’t go in there!” Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Claire sighed. You would think after weeks of their mutual dance, the toddler would have relented by now, but nooo, she was just as stubborn as her Mom. Smirking a bit, Claire cracked her knuckles before cornering Kat again. “Alright, this is your last chance! Get in the bathtub or I’ll drag you in their by your tail!”

‘That might have come out worse than I intended…’ But Kat could take it. Hell, it seemed nothing short of being hit by a car ever fazed her. That poor driver, though… Lunging forward, Kat quickly dropped on all fours before rolling under the bed again right as the older girl smacked into the wall. “OWE, DAMN IT KAT!” Hearing a chorus of laughter under her bed, Claire growled again.

“F-Fine, you want to play like that?! I’ll play!” Hopping on her bed, Claire made sure to be very quiet as she inched towards the end of her bed. “Come out, come out...” Hearing another loud hiss from beneath there, Claire mutely grinned. Lifting each foot up silently, she began tugging her shoes off before cupping them both.

“Here… I… Come!” Dropping her shoes on the left side of the bed, Claire smirked as she saw Kat roll out on the right side… right in front of her. “GOTCHA!” Looking up in surprise, Kat let out a yowl of fright right before she was tackled into the wall by Claire. Struggling with all her might as the little toddler fought her, Claire grinned viciously. “Checkmate!”

Pinching the back of Kat’s neck, the girl suddenly stiffened before whimpering. Panting in triumph, Claire rested tiredly on the ground as she held the girl close to her chest in case her hand slipped for some reason. “T-The scores 176 to 0 Kat, you’re not going to beat me!” She’d make sure the Neko bathed or else she’d constantly be filthy. Nothing bothered her. Not dirt, nor grime, or grease or food. She just ignored it!

‘Not on my watch.’ Crawling to her feet steadily, Claire smirked once more as she saw Kat glaring at her. “Knock it off. You lost fair and square.” “Mean Mommy…” Kissing her cheek, Claire hummed happily as she made her way to the bathroom. This had been going on for over thirty minutes, and now it looked like she needed a bath just as much as Kat did.

She was just thankful she discovered the child's weak spot. It wasn’t until she saw the toddler carrying Mittens around by the scruff of his neck that it occurred to her. Kat probably acted the same as a kitten did with their mother. And sure enough, she did. It was adorable to find that out and empowering to know she could actually control Kat when she got out of hand that way… well, as long as she could catch her. 

Stepping into the bathroom, Claire kicked the door shut behind her before locking it. “Alright, the doors shut, and I’m not opening it until your clean missy.” She smiled before slipping the bathroom key into her jeans pocket. She had to actually go out of her way to buy a separate lock just for the bathroom or else Kat would dart the moment she was set down. She had learned that the hard way… “So just let me bathe you and then we can get some dinner. How does that sound?” Hearing a pitiful whimper, Claire nodded, the response being the usual one she received from Kat whenever she caught her.

Letting the girl down, the brunette waited before nodding her head as she saw Kat folding her arms bitterly. “Mean Mommy…” “STOP SAYING THAT!” Sighing, Claire shook her head before moving over to the tub and draining the cold water she had drawn for Kat earlier. She’d have to stop drawing the girl a bath since this happened so often. Sometimes she caught the girl quickly enough and the water was still warm, but most nights it was frigid.

Turning the water back on, Claire nodded before smiling warmly. “Kat, I do this because I love you. You may be able to heal from things like disease or sickness thanks to the twins but you shouldn’t rely on it. It’s important you maintain good hygiene… or, I maintain it for you…” She mumbled. Hearing no response from behind her, the older girl sighed.

“Kat, come on. Don’t be sad. Look, I’ll make it quick and painless for you. I’ll wash your hair, rinse you off, and we’ll go out for dinner. I’ll even take you to that milkshake parlor you love afterward~.” She giggled. Hearing more silence follow now, Claire soon grew worried. Did she really upset Kat that much this time around?

“Kat, please… you know I do this because I love-“Turning around, Claire’s expression went blank now as she felt confusion first then rising anger. In place of where the girl was, the door was wide open… and the key to open it was on the ground in front of it. Patting her pocket, Claire shook her head is disbelief. ‘How the hell did she do that?!’ She hadn’t even heard the lock click…

 

Clenching her fists, Claire screamed before crawling to her feet and running after her. Someone wasn’t getting milkshakes tonight, not anymore!

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

It seems like all the girls have changed, each in their own way at least. May, for instance, has grown so much since I first met her. She’s just as loving as she was in the past, but now she stands up for herself. Stands up to her parents as well…

But, even so, it still pained me to find out that her mother and father got divorced. I knew their relationship was being forced after learning of it, but still, it has to be hard on her. Yet… she still shows her true strength to us. She still wears her proud, carefree smile… because she knows it would make us sad to see her otherwise…

A wish to be heard… To have people in her life who would be there for her, and who wouldn’t abuse her. May’s wish was such a gentle one. I’m proud to have been the one to fulfill it for her. And I make it my responsibility to assure; I’m always there for her, no matter for what life throws her way…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Oh please don’t go- We’ll eat you up- we love you so! And Max said, “No!” The wild things roared their terrible roars and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws! But Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye and sailed back over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him…”

Pausing, Claire smiled warmly as she flipped the book over for all the kids in front of her to see the imagery before turning it back around. “And, it was still hot. The end.” Hearing a chorus of joyful noises in front of her, Claire giggled as she looked over the children who had gathered for her story time. “Thank you, Claire!”

Nuzzling the pinkette currently sitting on her lap, Claire hugged May close before setting the book down beside her. “There you go May. I read you all stories. Now, time for you girls to go play outside for a bit, you need your exercise.” Hearing another loud chorus, this time of boo's, the brunette sighed. “B-B-But… but we like it when you read to us! Can you read us just one more story? Pretty please Claire!”

Stiffening, the older girl looked into May’s big, pleading, cerulean eyes before feeling her composure crack. ‘D-D-Damn it, not again…’ Sighing, Claire slumped her shoulders as a new book was put into her hands forcibly by one of the girls surrounding her. “Fine, I’ll read you, girls, one more story. B-B-But this one, is the last one!” ‘Not that that statement stopped them six books ago…’

Hearing cheerful cries of approval from her adolescent audience, Claire groaned. “Thank you, Claire!” Nodding her head, the brunette pouted as May lifted the book up for her to start reading. Something told her this would be an all-day sort of deal…

 

She’d have to not let May lead storytime the next time around… She just couldn’t say no to her, even if she wanted to…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Change… so much change has occurred since coming here. And it seems the roughest of the girls even changed. Lily has made leaps and bounds since I arrived. And even after her shortcomings with her parents… she still found a way to stay strong. But, I’m pretty sure she’s better off without them. Leaving in the middle of the night and not returning home for two days, only to find that your parents weren’t even aware of your absence… that had to have been soul crushing. And she must have realized it too.

I’m just proud of Sophia and Alexis for stepping up to be there for her. And anytime I go over there to see them now, I get to see Lily to…

It seemed like even with her wish, a wish to be free of her burdens… it wasn’t me who granted it for her. She had the choice to make it come true all along. I’m just happy that she was able to realize that all on her own…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Lulling her head from side to side as the haunting music enraptured her, Claire shivered in delight with no hidden desire to listen more. Trailing her fingers back and forth resoundingly, Lily played the piano in front of her as the brunette sat beside her on the small bench, many other girls all lining up around them to listen to the child play as well.

After renovating the Daycare, one of the first things she had ordered was a Piano… Lily was surprised, to say the least. But, the noirette was pleased none the less. And it seemed she was getting better with it as well. No longer stuck in the rut her parents had forced upon her, Lily excelled. Crafting music and songs with no names all from scratch, the raven haired girl became rather popular amongst the musically inclined… and their parents.

As her fingers came to a standstill, the final note having been played, Lily’s eyes opened before she blushed. “S-Stop doing that!” Smiling warmly, Claire shook her head before hugging the girl into her side gently. “I couldn’t even if I wanted to. That was beautiful Lily.” Brooding, the younger girl said nothing as she heard the girls behind her clapping.

“I-I’m just doing this because I wanted to play. It wasn’t for any of you…” Kissing her head, Claire giggled before standing up. “And I just listened because I wanted to.” As the brunette was about to step aside however her hand was soon gripped. Looking back down at the child, Lily said nothing as she tugged her downward.

“Sit.” Smirking, Claire said nothing as she sat back down. It seemed the maestro wasn’t finished. But she’d be more than happy to hear an encore…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

I guess all their wishes did come true in the end… even Kai’s. But, I’m still worried I won’t be able to live up to her standards. Wishing to have a sister again, wasn’t something one could easily fulfill. But, with time I really have come to see Kai as a younger sister. She’s a handful, and a pain in the butt half the time… but she’s like the sister I’ve always wanted but never had. Mine were never there for me…

Kai always is…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“N-N-No running in the kitchen! H-Hey put that down! N-No, don’t eat it from the bowl!” Running back and forth hectically, Claire cried out in surprise as two girls ran between her legs. Stumbling as she cradled two plates holding bowls of cereal, the brunette sighed as she regained her balance. Snack time was always a rough part of the job. Who knew little girls could be so voracious…

Jumping as the pair of girls came back for another snatch and grab from the food she was carrying, Claire screamed as she fell over, the food scattering all around her. ‘Owe…’ Rubbing the back of her head in pain, the older girl groaned. This happened more than you would think…

“Need a hand?” Looking up, Claire chuckled as she saw Kai smirking down at her. “Not if you’re planning on tackling the hit and runners…” Feigning shock, Kai grinned before lowering her hand. “Me? But I’m a gentle soul! I couldn’t hurt a fly!” Crawling to her feet, Claire gave the brunette a deadpan look before glancing to her pocket.

“Something crawling out of your jacket.” Looking down quickly, Kai turned all around before blinking. Scowling, the younger girl looked up at Claire as she smiled cheekily. “I said a fly, not a Monster. Look at you, you silver-tongued deviant you…” She sighed, before propping her hands behind her head.

While she still didn’t like the fact the girls played with*Monsters*, she left it to the twins to do with them as they wished. There was certain detail’s to their lives she was happier not knowing about… such as what had happened to Meriam…

Apparently, she had been a project as well. Sophia and Alexis had tried to change her back from her darker side… but it failed. That was all they told her, and she was thankful for that. Picking up the bowls one by one, Claire shook her head.

“So… about that hand?” Snickering, Kai nodded before joining Claire as they both cleaned up the kitchen. It was nice knowing she had her back. Even when it came to the simple things like this…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

I think, even as I write this now, though… out of all the ones who have changed, it’s me who I’m the most surprised about. It isn’t simply the things in my life that have changed that surprise me. Taking ownership of the Daycare, obtaining legal custody of Kat and having a daughter at age nineteen. There had been many changes that didn’t faze me like I might have thought would have in the past. What I’m really surprised of… is my acceptance of it all.  I, I was scared. Scared of what life would send my way. I was dealt a bad hand back home… but now, I have a new one. And I learned that it didn’t matter where I was, as long as I had my family with me. My real family…

Words can’t express how much I love them all. Kat, May, Kai, Lily… and of course, my two little loves. Even writing this now though I know how strange it sounds. I suppose it did calm my heart when I found out they were actually older than they appeared, both Sophia and Alexis…

But if I was being truthful with myself, I know that age wouldn’t have mattered with them. They may be younger than me and act juvenile at times… but they most certainly aren’t kids. They’re not monsters either, as much as they fear to be. They're simply… mine…

 

And I take great pleasure in being the one to remind them both of just how much I cherish them, each and every day…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching the sunset slowly fall over the horizon of the shimmering crystal waters before her, Claire sighed contently. She was back on the tree dock… she was back home. Out of all the things she had abandoned upon leaving her old life behind, this place was the one thing she truly regretted. ‘I could sit here for hours…’ Feeling a gentle warmth press against her left and right side, the brunette smiled before pulling both Sophia and Alexis closer as they to enjoy the view.

“Is it as you remember?” Shaking her head, Claire felt few tears trail down her cheeks before sniffling. “N-No… it’s much better. Thank you.” Smiling warmly, the twins cuddled against Claire as they watched the sun starting to fall. As dusk began entering the evening skies, Alexis’s hand rose into the air to meet it on queue. “Would you like me to reset it again?” Nodding her head happily, Claire watched in awe as time seemingly reversed itself, and the sun that had finally set, came back into the sky before the process began to repeat like it had over the past view hours. Even in Alexis's mindscape, it still felt as real as if the three were really back in Georgia.

“Thank you…” Kissing her cheek happily, Alexis smiled before clinging to the girl's arm. “Anything for you Claire.” Nodding her head, Sophia mimicked her sibling’s action before burying her face into the older girl’s neck. “Just tell us when you want to leave, and we’ll end our session for the day. But, don’t feel any rush to do so. We love this place as much as you do. It is, after all… where we first met.” She whispered faintly.

Nodding her head, Claire smiled dreamily as she pulled both girls closer. “I know… and that’s why this place is so special to me. It reminds me of you two… and how much you’ve done for me. Thank you.” Resting their heads on her shoulders, both sisters smiled happily as they continued to enjoy their special time with Claire.

 

Even if they did this every night… it never ceased to please them. And it never grew old, since they knew it made Claire happy…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Morning, Abernathy residence ~

 

 

Yawning tiredly, Claire lounged on her bed as she felt sleep slowly leaving her as she began to rouse. Cracking open her eyes, the groggy girl leaned up tiredly before stretching her arms… well, the one arm that wasn’t pinned down at least. Looking down at her left side, the brunette smiled warmly as she saw her little bunkmate clinging to her in her sleep.

Leaning her head down, Claire planted a gentle kiss on the unruly mop of orange hair beneath her before cuddling with Kat. “Wakey, wakey sleepy cat. It’s time to get up.” Hearing a groan from the toddler, Claire chuckled before pulling some of the bedsheets up to wipe her drool off her face. She’d have to wash the sheets again anyways.

Whimpering as she was woken up, Kat looked around slowly as she regained consciousness. “Mommy?” Pulling Kat into her chest, Claire smiled warmly as she hugged the little girl tightly. “Morning sweetie.” Brushing her mess of hair out of her eyes, Kat looked up before smiling. “Morning!” Hugging her back, Kat clung to Claire happily before cuddling her.

‘Well, this is a good start to the day.’ Usually, it took a few tries to wake Kat up. She tended to be a deep sleeper. Rolling to the side of the bed with Kat still in her arms, the toddler laughed happily before Claire set her down on the ground. “Go brush your teeth Kat and I’ll meet you downstairs for breakfast alright?” Nodding happily, the child leaned forward before kissing Claire’s cheek and running off.

Smiling contently, Claire sighed before crawling out of bed herself. It was a Monday sadly. She’d have to go to work… not that she minded really. It just surprised her the weekend was already over. It had been a relaxing one, to say the least. Stretching herself out, the brunette grabbed her phone from her nightstand before exiting her bedroom and heading downstairs.

Jogging down the steps as she got into the groove of the morning, Claire hummed to herself before giving the not so little black and white kitten on the steps a pet before rounding the corner. It was hard to believe Mittens had grown so much in six months. But, everyone had… even if most of the girls chose to look the same.

But, that applied to her as well. Brushing her longer bangs from her eyes, Claire chuckled. ‘Not much of a change I guess but hey…’ Stepping around the kitchen as she began to prepare breakfast for her and Kat, Claire continued to hum as she checked her phone. As expected like most morning though it was full to the brim with messages.

Pushing a couple slices of bread down in the toaster, the brunette multitasked as she tried to manage her morning. “Let’s see… no new applications for the Daycare. The gardeners rescheduled… perfect. Oh, we made it into the newspaper?” Grinning as she read the small article that had been written for her Daycare, Claire giggled before continuing.

The Daycare really had become a perfect place in the months that followed her ownership of it. With her funds that the twins had generously given her all those months ago, she chose to invest it back into them. Refurbishing the daycare and making it an ideal place for children to grow had been one of the best decisions of her life.

And it seemed it was paying off to. The clientele had tripled in the amount of time she had worked there and the reviews were phenomenal. ‘Not that it really matters…’ As long as she made them happy, then she was content. She was in charge of her lover's current project, and it made her feel needed. Zipping around the kitchen as she continued to browse her messages, a voicemail soon popped up surprising her.

‘Huh, that’s new…’ Opening it up, Claire silently paled as she saw to whom it belonged. “Amelia Artiste… great…” It seemed the blonde wasn’t to keen on her being so close to her two daughters. ‘Let alone inside them…’ Blushing, the brunette shook her head before listening to the voicemail.

“Mrs. Abernathy… my girls requested that you… join us, for dinner tonight… We’ll be expecting you to be here by seven. Don’t be late.” Pulling the phone away bitterly, the younger girl groaned. “She’s never going to like me…” Rubbing her tired eyes, Claire slipped her phone into her pocket before continuing on.

She’d have to plan a bit since it seemed Sophia and Alexis were getting antsy. ‘It’s only been two days…’ But, even so, she missed them too. Pulling the toast from the toaster, Claire moved it over to a plate before calling up to the little cat girl upstairs. “Kat, pack some clothes, we’re spending the night with the twins!”

Hearing a loud cheer from above, the brunette chuckled. Kat liked their sleepovers. Setting a plate down for her daughter right as Kat finished jumping down the stairs; Claire took one look at her before souring. “Kat…”

Laughing happily as she moved into the kitchen, the little Neko looked up at Claire before her ears folded back. “What?” Crossing her arms, Claire continued to scowl as she looked over what she was wearing. “How many times have I told you to stop putting on my clothes?” She was once again, adorning herself in her skimpy tank top, and lace bikini bottoms.

‘How the hell does she keep finding them!?’ It wasn’t like she kept those clothes in her dresser! Pouting, Kat looked away sheepishly as her tail flicked back and forth. “B-But Kat likes these. Does the pretty Mommy not think Kat looks cute?” Palming her face, Claire groaned before scooping the toddler up in her arms.

“Come along Kat, you’re not going out in those anymore. Here, I’ll help you pack for the night.” Ignoring the whines and growls from the cat girl currently wiggling in her arms, Claire shook her head.

 

It seemed mornings were never normal. Not with her family…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

“Welcome to Precious Youth Daycare. My name is Claire Abernathy, how may I help you today?” Greeting a pair of parents who were new to the Daycare, Claire smiled happily yes she saw a little blonde hiding behind them shyly. “Hi, we’re looking to sign our daughter up here but it’s her first time coming to a place like this. Do you mind if we show her around a little so she can get comfortable with it first?” Waving her hands, Claire nodded already having heard this conversation a dozen times over.

“I can do you one better. Hey Kat, could you come here please?” Looking to the brunette in surprise, both parents’ eyes turned as they saw a younger girl running up to her. “What is it, Mommy?” Smiling brightly down at her, Claire pointed to the younger blonde behind them before grinning. “Kat, we have some guests here with their daughter for the first time. Would you mind showing her around for me while I talk with her parents? Of course, if that’s alright with you two?”

Looking behind them at the younger girl as she looked at Kat quietly, they smiled before ushering their daughter forward. “That sounds like a wonderful idea. Shellie, do you want to go play with… Kat, was it?” Nodding her head, Kat beamed proudly at them both before looking past the adults and observing the younger girl, if only by a few moments.

“Hi! Do you want to be friends with Kat?” Looking up at her Mom and then back to Kat, the little blonde stepped forward timidly before looking away. “Sorry, she’s a little quiet around people she doesn’t know. I hope that’s not an issue.” Shaking her head, Claire began petting Kat gently as she gave them both a reassuring smile. “Not at all mam, a lot of the girls here are shy. But, that’s why I’m happy to have my little helpers like Kat here. I want all of the children under my care to be happy and feel nurtured like they should be.” She spoke earnestly.

Nodding her head, again, Kat stepped forward before extending her hand. “Does Shellie want to come play with Kat?” Stepping forward slowly, the younger girl soon smiled before nodding. Waving bye to her daughter and the newcomer who she knew would end up staying in the end; Claire smiled back at her parents before directing them forward.

“Don’t worry, she’s in good hands. Kat loves to show all the new girls around. Please, right this way.” Taking the newcomers around as she showed them the Daycare, Claire smiled with pride as she saw their enthusiasm. This would be a short tour. 

As it finally came to an end, she slipped the admission papers forward before taking them back once they were signed. “Thank you for choosing Precious Youth Daycare! We look forward to having Shellie join us next week.” Bowing her head happily, the parents collected their daughter before waving goodbye.

‘And, another one joins the family.’ Hugging Kat into her side as the little Neko giggled, Claire collected the younger girl’s paperwork before heading back to her office. It looked like this was going to be a great week. “Kat, go tell Sophia that there’s going to be another addition here soon.” Nodding her head, the cat girl waved to Claire before running around the daycare in search of the twins.

Moving to her desk, Claire flopped down in her chair before filing and signing off on all the legal documents she needed to maintain now. ‘This used to be much simpler when I was just working at a daycare, not owning one.’ Sighing, she shook her head amused before documenting Shellie. She’d like it here, especially once she was assigned to one of the girls.

Each of them had a certain number of people they looked after so she always had help. Reading over the blonde’s notes, Claire nodded before checking her for May’s group. She was a quiet girl who liked to read and draw. The pinkette would enjoy her company. Stretching her arms out, the brunette sighed before glancing to her desk's drawer.

‘I guess now’s as good a time as any.’ Pushing the documents away, Claire opened her drawer before pulling out a small notebook she had been maintaining for months now. Flipping past the dated pages, her eyes landed on the blank one about halfway in before she reached for a pencil.

 

Monday, March 6th.

 

Today seems like it’s going to be a quiet day. A new arrival just came to the Daycare, her name's Shellie. She’s a cutie too, if a bit timid. After Kat took her around for a tour, I showed her parents around and made them feel comfortable with our Daycare. Progress is going smoothly as usual. It’s been 96 consecutive days now without a fight from any of the girls. It seems their pigmentation as well is glowing brighter and brighter, and that seems to please both Sophia and Alexis greatly. Even so, their pushing plans ahead of schedule…

I know I’ll be sad once we move into phase two of their plan, and they start sending out our friends to other daycares to spread this happiness to them too, but… I know it’s for the best. I just checked the city’s files that Amelia had emailed me last week. It seemed that the crime rate here has declined another 7% over the past two months. It’s only a matter of time now till we get it under the fifty percentile. It also seems like the Twins plans to incite fear indirectly into inmates in the state penitentiary is working as well. With rumors that prisoners are disappearing, it’s become a much more frightening place to be sent now than it used to be.

I can’t help but wonder though if that’s cause for celebration or rebuttal, however. Fear isn’t what the girls want to use to change people. But… I know there are no easy steps to take to reach this end. I just hope I’ll be able to keep them in line as they believe I can. It’s been six months… since I came here, and although I see the things they do, day to day…

They’ll always be my precious little angels, doing what they need to do, to better the future we hope to see one day.

 

Lifting her pencil up, Claire paused from her journal as her nose began to twitch. Sniffing the air, the brunette grinned before snapping the book shut. “Good Morning Kai. How’s your day going?” Looking to her door, the olive skinned girl peeked her head around the corner before grinning. “Hey, you’re getting better at that! Want me to up the dosage and we try again?” She smirked before tapping her nose.

Wrinkling hers, Claire cast a faded grin before slipping her notebook under her desk. “I think the last thing I need is to be able to smell you a mile away. I get enough of your scent as is now.” She sighed. Pouting, the brunette scowled before stepping inside the office. “Oh, the cruelty! It hurts to someone as fragile as me. The pain, i-its excruciating!”

Giving the younger girl a deadpanned look, Claire sighed wearily. “Three out of ten. What do you need Kai?” Smirking, the Hawaiian native shrugged off the older girl’s statement before plopping herself down on Claire’s lap much to her surprise. “What, I need a reason to see my big sis?” Blushing, Claire sighed again before ruffling the younger girl’s hair.

“You’re a pain…” “Love you!” Chuckling, Claire nodded before pushing the documents she had been signing off earlier forward. “We have a new member of the Daycare coming next week. Her names Shellie, what do you think?” Humming as her eyes looked over Claire’s note, Kai nodded before closing the envelope. “I think May’s a good fit for her. Too bad I’m leaving soon. I wouldn’t have minded taking her under my wing. I can see her being a picky eater.” She smiled darkly.

Flicking the younger girl on her forehead, Claire growled. “Stop corrupting my girls!” Grinning wolfishly, Kai laughed before leaning into Claire harder. “Aww, don’t tell me your jealous I’m spending all my time with the Monsters. We could always go out betting again like last time.” She smiled viciously. Spreading her legs apart, Claire smirked as she watched Kai slip from her lap and fall to the floor in surprise.

“Not a chance. I get enough of these shrinking escapades from the Twins.” She shuddered. ‘I would have thought after I joined them they would have stopped shrinking me, but nooo… they have to do it every time I stay over with them!’ It was so demeaning and embarrassing. “Huh, by the looks of it, I’m surprised you’re as descriptive with your wording if you don’t like it that much.”

Blinking, Claire looked down before her face lit up a bright shade of red. “KAI, T-T-THAT’S MY JOURNAL!” Sitting between the older girl’s legs, Kai nodded as she flipped through the small notebook Claire had been writing in a few minutes prior. “I kind of figured it was yours. Either that, or we have one hell of a spy who has a serious chronic cataloging problem.”

Growling, the brunette reached for the younger girl before she rolled under the desk giggling. “K-KAI GIVE IT BACK!” Kicking off her chair, Claire ran around her desk, but the girl was gone! “W-Wow, they put you up there?! And here I thought I was a sadist…” Clenching her fists, Claire looked back at her chair angrily before glaring at Kai, the younger brunette’s eyes taunting her.

“When are you supposed to leave again?! I’m getting pretty tired of this…” She muttered darkly. Flipping the pages back and forth, Kai sighed before setting the journal back on the desk. “Relax, there’s nothing new in there I don’t already know. You think the twins don’t talk?” Blushing furiously, Claire hid her face as she tried to hide her shame.

“Y-Y-You’re such a pain, you know that!” Nodding her head, Kai giggled before opening her arms. “But, you love me!” Sighing in defeat, Claire moved back to her chair before plucking Kai from her chair and sitting down herself. “Yeah, yeah, yeah…” Hugging the younger girl gently, Claire sat in silence for a moment before feeling her arm being patted.

“I’m not leaving for another month, don’t sulk. And you’ll be able to see me every month after that. The Twins said they’d be checking in person on the progress of our Florida branch. Besides, it’s an honor they want me to lead it as their first.” Kai whispered. Resting her chin on the brunette's shoulder, Claire hugged Kai tighter.

“I know… Just make sure to stay in touch. It bothers me even thinking about any of you girls being away from me. You’re my family after all.” Nodding her head, Kai grinned cheekily before patting Claire’s cheek. “Jeez, you’re mushy today. Are you not getting enough loving from your symmetrical overlords?” Crying out as she was dropped on the floor for the second time that day, Kai glared up at Claire before smiling.

“Well, I better get back to work. I have a lot of fun games planned for my girls today! You should come. We can make some bets~.” She purred before standing up. Scowling bitterly, Claire waved her hand in an attempt to shoo Kai away. Here she was trying to be sincere and the little hellion had to ruin it!

Moving to the front of the office Kai was about to turn and leave before tapping her lips. “Oh, by the way, you misspelled something in your latest entry today. But, don't worry… I fixed it for you! Love ya sis~.” Blowing Claire a kiss, Kai chuckled as she left the room in a hurry leaving Claire with a blank expression.

Pulling her journal up, the brunette flipped to her last entry before scowling. One of the words had been erased and replaced by…

Palming her face, Claire growled angrily before reaching for her pencil… wait, what happened to her pencil? Looking around for a moment, Claire paused before gritting her teeth. “DAMN IT KAI, GET BACK HERE!” She was going to strangle that brat!

Running out of her office angrily as she began chasing down her younger half, Claire sighed. Maybe she did fix it.

 

 

 

After all… all of her girls really were her Precious Little Demons.

 

End Notes:

 

 

Finished...

 

Well, this story at least. Claires is only just begining. I write this now because i had a couple people ask me if there would be a continuation... and i can't honestly tell you yes or no. I love this story. I feel a legitimate bond with it. -.-'

So seeing it end brings tears to my eyes. But i know dragging it through the dirt till the point i strived hard to drive home becomes garbage and i refuse to do that. I've seen some stories before that had great potential, but they were strung so long they just turned into trash.

I'd hate for that to happen to my precious little demons. I didn't make this story at first to make a point, but after pausing to take a good hard look at it, i found one. And i'm hoping a few of you figured out what that point was. :P

If you have any questions left unanswered now would be the time to ask them. Like i said, this story didn't have an ending when i first made it, so everything that came afterwards was a nit together, and i'm hoping i closed all loose ends i might have left open...

regardless, i want to say thank you once again to Franchise Writer for his help with this story. He really was there with me every step of the way like a teacher. Thank you!

I don't know if my next story will be as popular as this one, but i didn't start that one without a purpose like i did this one. There will be a begining, a middle, and sadly and end. I've had plenty of time to think it all through.

So, i hope to see you guys around, and i hope you stick with me for the ride.

 

 

I hope you like the ending. But, it's not the end. :P

 

The story, is only just begining.

 

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=5784