- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out. when i wrote it a while ago i did not like how it turned out and had to go back and change everything. so, it is finally here. do enjoy.
 

September 3rd

School began today and at the start of the day, Summer made her way to orientation. I, on the other hand, found the suite that I (or really the four students) would be living in. I, of course, did not get a big portion of the suite, but the room I got was more than I could ask for under normal circumstances.

The layout was a simple one. The from the hall one stepped into a common room, which was spacious and open. There were couches and tables, a place for more than one person to gather in a relaxing separation. No one needed to be overly close to anyone else unless the room had thirty people in it. The room itself was square, and on each wall, other than the one that led to the hall, there were two doors.

The doors in the walls perpendicular to the hallway wall led to four separate bedrooms, each in itself quite large. Those rooms were well furnished, containing a large bed, plenty of dresser space, two desks for doing school work, and their own assortment of couches and chairs, all fitting with plenty of room to spare.

The wall parallel to the hallway wall had a door that led to the suite's private bath and a door that led to the kitchen and dining area. My room was behind the kitchen.

While Summer and the suite's other occupants were at the orientation I became acquainted with the room's layout and unpacked my belongings. Few as they were there were still more that belonged to me than when I wrote in May.

After waiting for about an hour, the first occupant arrived. To my dismay it was not Summer. The shortish girl (in comparison to Summer) wore a bright smile that shown all the way in her green eyes. Her long hair swung from side to side as she scurried into the room. Upon her arrival I bowed. “Welcome, milady, to the University of Silmonta,” I recited as I was told to. “I, Tara, shall be taking care of your needs as long as you remain here. Do come to me for everything.”

She curtseyed in response. “Thanks so much. My name is Melanie. Let us get along.”

“Of course. Now, Lady Melanie, would you like me to show you around or are you good on your own?”

“I should be fine, thank you.”
I bowed again. “You may choose whatever room you wish, being the first one here and all. I will get your bags into the one you choose.”

She rushed off to examine each room when the next girl arrived. Again, it was not Summer. The girl, Selena, was a black haired girl with icy colored eyes. She is about as tall as Summer. She is also very quiet. I repeated my lines and she also chose to find her way around.

The third girl was Summer, and she squealed when she saw me. I had trouble keeping from laughing. Melanie rushed out to see what was the matter. “What's going on?”

Summer was a quick thinker, luckily. “This is just awesome. I love the look of this place and I can't believe I am actually going here.”

Melanie nodded in agreement. “The name is Melanie. You can call me Mel.”

“Summer.”

Melanie leaped forward and wrapped Summer into an embrace. “Oh, we are going to be roommates. This is so exciting.”

“Y-yes. It will be great.” Melanie released her and bounced away to her room.

Summer knelt down and hugged me tight. “So this is what you meant when you said you would be close by. Ingenious. What does it entail?”

I shrugged. “I am basically you four's personal servant. I do whatever you need me to do or arrange for someone else to do it.”

Summer frowned slightly. “That means for all of us, though. What will you do if one of them ask you to bath them or something?”

I sighed. “I will do my job and think only of you the whole time.”

“Well as long as it does not lead you away from me...” She shrugged. I gave her a quick peck on the cheek before she rose to find her room. “You will make special visits to my room, won't you?”

“Of course. Of course.” I grinned up at her (do recall that I was in Tara mode, so it was quite the distance).

She walked off as the final girl arrived. The girl, Francesca, is surprisingly close to my own height. In fact, she is only like six inches taller than my own 3'10''. She also had a very child like complexion that was only nixed by her cold eyes, that could only have come from many years of experience of torment and pain.

She strutted right up to me. “You the servant?”

I nodded, slightly afraid to speak.

“Good.” She walked passed me and headed straight for the bath. “Follow me,” she commanded.

“Um... Milady, that way leads to the bath. The bed rooms are over there.”

She did not stop. “This building was designed by Larando. Of course this way leads to the bath. I have had a long morning and am very sore. Nothing is going to happen today other than that orientation assembly, so I have plenty of time. Besides the earlier I do this, the more relaxed I will be for the rest of the day.”

I shrugged and followed after her. The bath was kept warm at all times and there was a newly designed system that filtered the water to keep it clean. Francesca stopped before the water and turned to me. “Remove my clothes.”

I did as I was told, making sure not to let my eyes linger. I could not help but notice that she had many scars all over her body. I placed the clothes on hangers away from the water as she stepped into the bath. She gave a tiny gasp of pleasure. Then she called me over. I was forced to go into the water in all of my clothes, although I did remove my shoes.

She had me scrub her down and then massage her shoulders and neck. She was soon joined by Summer who I suspect only came to keep an eye on me, and later Melanie. I washed each of them, too. Selena never showed herself. They each dismissed their need of my services and just relaxed in the warm water.

I, myself, exited the water and found a side closet that held towels, bath robes, soaps, and thankfully, a dozen extra uniforms for myself. I changed into one and hung my wet one up to dry. I left the bath and found my way to Selena's room. I knocked softly on the door.

She answered quick enough. “What is it?”

“I was just wondering if there was anything you needed.”

“No.”

“Of course. My apologies for disturbing you.”With that I left her alone. I returned to the bath where the three had collectively decided to get out at that time. I dried off Francesca because I could reach all of her and left the other two to their own drying. Although, I did take the time to comb each of their hair. Then they all split up to go to their own rooms and Summer requested my “assistance”.

I followed her into her room where she shut and locked the door. I grew back to normal and now that I think about it, I don't recall feeling faint. We wrapped ourselves together in a hug. “You had me all worried that I would never see you,” she breathed.

“Now, would I do that to you?”

She laughed. “No. I guess not.” She pushed me down onto the bed and we kissed. We were just getting started when there was a knock on her door.

“What is it?” she called.

“I was wondering if you wanted to join me and either of the other two in getting to know each,” Melanie called back. “We are going to be roommates, so we should know each other if we want to get along.”

“Um... sure. Give me a second and I will join you.”

We could hear her squeal with joy. “Okay. I will get the others to join us.”

“So much for this. Come by tonight some time and we can continue.”

“I'll be there.”

I shrunk back down and Summer straightened out my clothes. Then I followed her out to the couches. She sat down and I remained standing, as was expected of me. Francesca soon joined and then, although I have no idea how Melanie managed it, so did Selena. Melanie also joined, of course. Each of the girls sat on their own couch and I stood in the background.

Melanie started by saying, “Okay, so I already told you that I want to get to know you guys, so I will start. My name is Melanie Thunrth. I am from this country but further south in a town called Hadjin. I am easy going about most everything but I do not like when people lie. I hope we all get along.”

She nodded to Summer. “Well, my name is Summer Coltaire n Keuyf. I am from Brutintuf. And I am basically easy going, I guess. I also hope we get along.”

Francesca was next. “Francesca Yinouth. I have been almost everywhere in the world and consider no one place my home. I am not easy going and I do not care if we get along or not.”

And then Selena. “Selena Reameomorista. I am from this city. I do not have time to get close to any of you.”

Melanie looked slightly taken aback by the final two's answers. Selena stood. “Are we done?”

“There is one more person here,” Melanie replied. Selena grumbled and sat back down. The rest of us looked for who Melanie was talking about before finally realizing she meant me.

“I would not wish to bore you with details about myself,” I managed to get out.

“Nonsense. You are the one we really should be getting to know, seeing as you are the one we will deal with most. Please, come share.”

I came to stand by Summer's couch. “Um... My name is Tara Omn Ranhrado.” All four flinched at the mention of my name. “Is something the matter?”

Melanie spoke first. “I told you I hate lying. What are you lying about?”

“I, um, well...”

“You have only spoken your name. What part of it is a lie?”

“My name is Clare. The rest is the truth.” Both Summer and I were sweating beads the size of pearls.

“Are you not a child?” That was Selena.

“My God. I can't get anything past you people.” Melanie gasped when I grew back to normal size. “This is my true height.”

“Oh, that is so cool. So why do you go around small?” Melanie asked.

“I am on the run from the Royal family of Brutintuf.”

“What for?” Selena had finally become interested.

“They think I kidnapped her,” I said pointing to Summer.

Summer to my surprise burst out laughing. “And it is so ridiculous. I mean, I ran away, and just because you were with me does not mean you kidnapped me. For crying out loud, you were my bodyguard.”

Francesca cut in. “And who are you that the Royal family wants you back?”

“I am the girl supposed to marry Prince Donald.”

“So the king's niece?” Selena asked. Summer and I both nodded.

“Oooh. That's cool too. You guys are pretty awesome.”

 

The conversation died a little after that, but we all seemed a little closer. Although I still have to keep up my charade in public, it will not be necessary within the suite.

Also note to self:

Melanie can tell when I am lying.

Need to figure out what Selena and Francesca do. They both seem very knowledgeable. And neither of them was flinching at my lying, so they clearly knew what my name meant. But how?

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Again i am sorry i took so long with it.