- Text Size +

Lexi sat cross-legged, dead-center in the expanse of bedroom carpet more spacious than a poppy field. Her phone rested beside her thigh, displaying photos from the Enforcement manual and her own typed-out directions, and despite knowing she would almost-assuredly need to refer to the crib notes during this highly-taxing affair, she avoided looking that way until she absolutely had to. It seemed important to the Alpha that she fixate upon the task itself, which meant training her focus on the miniaturized Omega standing placidly in the middle of her palm. Even lacking formal training, that much at least she could glean from the few pages she’d stood upon: an Enforcer had to keep their mind on the live situation and its gravity. Bridget let her arms hang at her side, and kept her own stare reverently bowed to the peachy terrain of Lexi’s hand, likely to make it easier for her sister to begin the process. Even before the Alpha budged her first finger, there was a natural resistance trying to push back against every muscle in her body, to protect her from breaking the natural order of things, though of course that line had already been crossed by opening Bridget’s book at all, and likely long before then.

The little Omega didn’t flinch as Lexi’s digits, one at a time, curled inward toward her palm, and even closed her eyes. There was nothing unusual about this, as Bridget had done the same countless times in their adolescence while ferrying her adoptive sibling about town, using her fingertips as protective fencing. The difference now, of course, was that Lexi didn’t stop at cupping the occupant of her hand. Her fingertips crept in closer, until Bridget likely could feel the warmth of her sister’s fingers lurking around her, though still she kept still and self-blinded.

Lexi parted her lips, instinctively preparing to ask if Bridget was ready, then caught the sound in her throat. That thinking had to go away, starting now, if any of this was going to work. Swallowing, the Alpha looked the sacrificial Omega up and down once more, willing herself to see not a sister but an accidental sinner in need of healing and justice, and then her own comparatively-massive hand as the first of many hammers in dealing that justice. Dragging this out, coddling the little thing, and wasting away these limited hours of size-reversal with half-measures would serve only to hurt them both. Now was not the time for hand-wringing, Lexi silently affirmed to herself, but instead to briefly embody an ideal, and a stature, technically larger than her own, just as Bridget had done the opposite by shrinking.

In a flash, Lexi clapped four firm fingers like full-body shackles around Bridget, then latched her thumb over the curve to maintain a clenched grip. Immediately the Omega’s body was compressed thin in the leftover crook of space between digits and curled palm, with her blonde-crowned face poking out the top, as the Alpha took her sister in perhaps the sturdiest fist she’d ever formed in her life. Not that Lexi ever paid attention to such things, but it took on different meaning to ball one’s fingers when there happened to be a human life existing at the center of them, even if said life was more superhuman than average. Her knuckles popped and blanched ashen-white, but she didn’t let up the squeeze.

Bridget had, of course, held her sister in softly-clasped fists a few times over the years, but even during her brief period punishing Lexi for crimes she didn’t commit, hadn’t handled her with this kind of aggression. In fact, the only time in her life the Alpha had personally seen someone of a larger size class handle a punier citizen with this kind of force was her own mother, grappling the far-more fragile shape of a Beta while the poor stranger writhed. At least until crunching gave way to stillness. And assuredly, if Bridget was a Beta, Lexi’s clenching now would’ve already bruised if not sprained her, and they were barely getting started.

The shrunken Omega winced upon the first impact of those assailing digits, but stifled her groans even as Lexi’s fingers intentionally winnowed tighter around her. Neither girl made another sound except to laboriously exhale, one primarily for physical reasons and the other for psychological; the only other faint noise in the cavernous room came from the fleshy friction of the Alpha’s finger-flanks grinding together in an effort to coil yet closer together, with a narrow three-inch feminine figure pulled flush from every angle to her rapidly-heating hand.

The book made numerous comparisons to help the Omega reader imagine precisely the correct amount of pressure to apply for maximum effectiveness in bestowing sympathy for Betas without inflicting such grievous bodily harm that the criminal couldn’t recuperate in time for the next lesson. If you squeezed like you were holding a dumbbell, that was too far; if you imagined you were squeezing a ripe piece of fruit but not spilling its juices, you were somewhere in the correct neighborhood. This was the first direction from the manual that Lexi had to ignore and chart her own path, as Bridget had insisted, though of course she understood why. Strength that would snap the bones of an Alpha, never the goal of an Enforcer (at least at Beginner level), only made the little Omega contort rather powerlessly against her handler’s fist. So Lexi had to push harder, doing her level best to dig her fingertips into the meaty heel of her hand, and deprive Bridget of as much space as possible. The deeper she curled, the more vibration she felt radiating out of the Omega from her pointless but involuntary wriggling.

It was unsettling for Lexi to know not only just how much control she now held over Bridget for the first and probably only time in their lives, but to be able to perceive all of the tiny blonde’s body at once, even through her clothes, smushed unbreakably against humid palm skin. Given what a living landscape the hundred-fifty-foot Omega was at all other times, such a feat would be impossible, and likely never come off so delicate and fine as in this three-inch form, when even despite frequent lotioning and hand-washings, rides in a giant Bridget’s cupped hand were usually characterized by the spiral gridded texture of her flesh. Yet there she was now, smooth as porcelain, all of her contained in Lexi’s fist at once, except for her head of course, though that could’ve been remedied by simply pressing her thumbpad into the top of Bridget’s scalp and jamming her like a detonator button into the compressed pocket below.

Two minutes passed, and she didn’t let up the squeezing. Lexi’s fingers were actually getting a little tired, unaccustomed to clenching for so long, at least intentionally, though she’d done her fair share of anxious tension-related holding over the last year and a half that had left knots in some of her lithe muscles and probably made her slightly better suited to using her fist on Bridget like an ill-fitting iron lung, though of course the mental discomfort played a role too.

Several times, the Alpha felt her lips trying to open again to say something, even though she had nothing useful to declare, simply because it felt wrong to sit in grave quiet for so long while committing such an unfortunate act, necessary or not. The Omega was either kind enough or too preoccupied to look at Lexi directly, keeping her eyes closed and the grunting to a minimum while she took her lumps, though once the Alpha’s grip strength was engaged enough, it was tough for the little thing to keep every sound from escaping. So they both soldiered on, each working to keep composed and tight-lipped.

At the four-minute mark, feeling her finger joints going numb as well as temporarily anemic, Lexi gently guided the phone up to her leg using her free hand, careful not to let up the squeezing nor disturb the pressure consistency enough that Bridget had cause to open her eyes, as the last thing the Alpha wanted was to be observed while she was studying her notes on proper legalized low-grade torture.

Sure enough, she was definitely following the protocol according to the helpful 3D diagram, which demonstrated exactly where to place one’s fingers on a subject to strike a balance of bracing discomfort, oxygen deprivation, and functional pain while mitigating the risk of smashing vital innards. She had to be able to recognize the shape of bodily segments on Bridget’s torso and legs against each curled finger and remain conscious of the strength applied through each to adjust to the endurance of every miniscule body part, a show of hyper-attentive focus that made Lexi wonder if the manual was calling on senses she simply didn’t possess as an Alpha. Nevertheless, she did her best, and redoubled her efforts. The book recommended a ten-minute squeeze before an interlude, and that was what she intended to do.

Minute six ticked by, and Lexi was counting every second. They’d definitely passed the fruit-juicing threshold, as even something with a thick husk would’ve been purging seeds by now, and the Alpha certainly held on this tight the last time she was lifting weights at the gym. This kind of effort was probably all Alma required the last time she pulped a helpless innocent in her talons, yet Lexi was bypassing that level, and Bridget was handling it with only a frown and a squirming disposition. Still, everyone had a limit, and part of Lexi feared now that at any instant, she might hear the fracturing of an arm or leg or, probably worse, a cringing implosion from organ damage in Bridget, in which case she would’ve done more harm, physical if not emotional, to her sister in one fell swoop than she’d experienced those two hellish weeks of wrongful Enforcement. It didn’t help that the guilt-ridden Omega would probably fail to mention if she was seriously wounded, deciding she deserved each and every bit of permanent damage sustained.

At the same time, the Alpha tried to remind herself how silly it was to think she could crush a veritable amazon using her own determined but admittedly-average strength. Bridget had promised she couldn’t be easily hurt, and that even while standing at three inches tall, she maintained much of her constitution, likely able to be hurled across the room from the highest shelf into a comparative hundred-story plummet without even getting a scratch. Then again, wasn’t that also exactly what someone would say if they had to convince an unwilling party to punish them outside the comfort zone? Was she just being lulled into a false sense of security? Such a thought immediately made Lexi’s palm grease with sweat, a process that was already occurring due to her exertion and the heat of her hand wrapped around Bridget’s body, but the apprehension at the thought of her sister underplaying her own durability made it impossible for the Alpha to keep her cool.

When at last the six-hundredth second of this first punishment struck, what felt like an age to Lexi, she pressed her knuckles to the carpet and unfurled her fingers at once. Immediately the shrunken Omega rolled down the gangplank of digits and onto the floor, spent but not crippled. At first, hearing the popping of joints, the Alpha’s heart raced into attack-mode, thinking she’d snapped Bridget’s skeleton like pretzel sticks, until she realized it was only her own weary finger-bones stretching healthily back into normal resting shape after such prolonged fist maintenance. She massaged her hand, cracking her knuckles and feeling relief rush through her arm for this rest, though of course her heart and mind were feeling anything but relaxed, seeing Bridget stumble back to her feet. The Omega managed to rise far quicker than any Beta would’ve in the same circumstances, and in fact a naturally three-inch-tall citizen probably would’ve remained crumpled in a pile of viscera for permanent sleep on the floor, though Lexi could still see a wobble in her sister’s step as she tried to get the circulation going again, her head dutifully hung.

“Well,” the Alpha said, warring with herself not to sound too wretchedly concerned. “How was that?”

“You did well,” Bridget groggily replied. Coughing to clear her throat, the little golden-haired victim stood up straighter now, recovering at exponential speed now, though she kept up the revered posture, arms folded behind her back and chin down. “Exactly right.”

“Uh-huh.”

It didn’t feel appropriate for Lexi to offer thanks, as this assessment was meant less as a compliment and more an assurance that they were on the right track, no matter how wrong it felt. Wiping her palms together, the Alpha became fully aware of just how clammy her skin had become, almost pruny like from bathwater, and embarrassing in the way where she’d have avoided handshakes until wiping down her pant leg. Bridget’s clothes, thoroughly rumpled, appeared slightly damper now after being squeezed so hard into rigidly-firm sweat-glazed skin from neck to toe for ten straight minutes, but the Omega appeared not to notice her disheveled appearance.

“I… know you’re still afraid. Of hurting me,” Bridget said, now back to prime health. “But you can probably see, and hear it too. I can take it. Especially this.”

Lexi knew the little Omega’s explanation was meant again as a reassurance, not a challenge, yet she was perturbed to discover some part of her took it that way regardless, like accidentally reawakening the small part of her brain that couldn’t turn down a playground footrace in her adolescence, though of course it wasn’t simple competitiveness that made Lexi feel this way. She couldn’t say quite what it was, either, but knew it probably had to do with whatever had made her agree to all this madness in the first place.

The Alpha glanced again to her phone, noting that the session script suggested taking a ten minute break now, to let the subject be somewhat restored, and more importantly, to lecture them with appropriate verbiage. The book was helpful enough to provide several more applicable anecdotes detailing depressing nonfiction accounts of Betas squeezed into pencil-thin corpses, and even some peer-reviewed psychology journal excerpts explaining why Alphas who did such things were especially barbaric in nature. But Bridget, an admitted follower of the manual during that difficult week twenty-one months back, surely knew all those lessons already, just as she probably knew by heart that a ten-minute rest was called for now. Perhaps she was even expecting that long of a wait if not longer for Lexi, not the punishment recipient herself, to get composed again.

That was exactly the kind of expectation that would keep Bridget from healing, Lexi realized. And what the hell was the point of all this if the low-borne Enforcer could predict every step of this supposedly-needed torment like a choreographed dance? Seeing the little Omega’s eyes bat open briefly, Lexi waited until her sister averted her gaze again, and then swooped in, palm splayed. Twice as quickly as before and doubly as strong, she had her fingers lashed around Bridget, and after barely two minutes of pause.

Unlike the first bout, when it took Lexi nearly half the time just to work up the courage to squeeze at more-or-less full capacity, she leapt right to this same concentration, squeezing so hard her knuckles popped uniformly down the line, and an indeed surprised Bridget let out a yelped wheeze. Yet in the split-second after, the Omega seemed embarrassed of her own bodily reaction, settling almost-gratefully back into the horrid rhythm of being clenched so ruthlessly. She fidgeted and even buzzed with a sore moan, but only because her biology dictated it, and otherwise Bridget again took her consequences like a champ. This time, the shrunken thing’s feet tipped out the bottom of Lexi’s fist, which meant Bridget’s head sunk deeper into the top past a crook of a tightly-tucked index finger as though descending through quicksand.

Feeling her sister’s delicate facial features compressed into the inner flank of her digit was something Lexi had to get over, but she did so this time without the anxious mental flip-flopping or excess palm sweat. After all, Bridget’s head was no frailer than the rest of her, and no part of the Omega was remotely breakable, that much was clear now in practice as well as by promise.

Slowly the Alpha’s hand rose up from the floor again, and rather than propping her forearm across her thigh for support, she held Bridget’s naturally protesting body aloft, up at the level of her own eyeline. In doing so, Lexi became more cognizant of the musculature activated all the way down her arm, bulging her slender biceps and triceps, thickening a couple veins. She could even feel the effort uniting the structure of her back and shoulders, her entire silhouette stiffening for this ritual, though no longer purely from fear of the unknown or nerves over hurting Bridget. This was different now, the calling upon of necessary strength, and holding firm not because Lexi’s own body had locked up, but because this much effort was required to “fix” Bridget. With renewed confidence, the Alpha bit her lip, in focus rather than as a coping mechanism, and rolled her fingers yet harder.

Before Lexi knew it, five minutes had passed. She hadn’t caught herself checking the clock every fifteen seconds or so this round, and in fact had expected the timer to be lower. Not wanting to waste the opportunity now that she’d mustered the will to do this right, the Alpha thumbed through her phone notes again, recalling that for the second ten-minute stretch of imprisonment, the book recommended a change-up in squeezing pattern. There was more to teach the subject here, the text insisted, other than just how awful it was to be helplessly bound and squashed to the breaking point in the clutches of someone who cared so little for where that breaking point was, at least externally. While again Lexi had to overlook the manual’s meager suggestions of pressure so as not to crack the mere mortals in half, she found its prescriptions useful.

With the directions memorized, Lexi placed her free hand over her left breast to track her heartrate. Though her pulse was elevated, her ticker was no longer pumping at a sprint, as it assuredly had that first uncertain and sweaty attempt. The pace was instead sitting where it might for a light jog, which she considered an impressive compromise, considering what a novel and potentially-traumatic experience she was sharing with her sibling. Once she had the rate learned, Lexi commenced replicating it by patting her chest, and simultaneously moving the fingers of her opposite hand inward around Bridget at the same speed.

Immediately Lexi’s fist, which was roughly the size of her actual heart inside her chest anyway, became more like the vital organ it was aping, pulsating around the miniaturized Omega as a way to not only keep the subject from getting complacent in the pain and pressure, but also a method to make them live for a short time, almost literally, in the Enforcer’s calmness. Of course, according to the book, the ideal Enforcer would be cool and collected during this moment, so the delinquent Alpha in their fist would understand precisely how unaffected the giant handler was by this bloodless carnage, just as that cruel-hearted thug had likely treated their Beta victims before. Upon the knowledge that she was sharing such an intimate fact as her truth-telling heartrate with her sister at such a hateful moment in their lives, Lexi’s pulse quickened slightly, but still not nearly to the chest-pounding velocity it occupied before. The Alpha chose not to lie to her sister by artificially slowing, but picked up the speed she was squeezing Bridget, feeling the little thing strain due to her inability to predict each pump.

Still, the Omega fought very hard not to squeak. After enough repetition, clenching her hardest at the apex of each pulse from her heart, Lexi could feel Bridget’s own pulse too where her middle finger strapped across her big sister’s chest. In time, their heartbeats seemed to synchronize, especially once the temporary Enforcer’s pulse stopped fluctuating between the even pace of before and a more panicked race, and settled back to the mid-range. It might’ve been cute if it hadn’t come of something so heinous.

For the remaining five minutes, Alpha and Omega shared one pulse, raised above the norm but not in mind-breaking distress either. Lexi found it especially impressive that Bridget could pull this off without descending into a claustrophobic seizure, considering how much force was coiling in on her from every side, and this time with her face trapped in the pithy confinement too, struggling for full breath when her tiny nose and lips were flush with the Alpha’s finger.

Then again, Lexi’s own relatively even-keeled status was a tiny marvel, as she’d been palpitating from the moment Bridget first admitted her desire to be punished, up until the moment she’d clasped the Omega in her fist. Yet she’d found a strange equilibrium now, and while the fact that she could do this with only some stomach flutters and a healthy cardio threshold wasn’t a source of joy for Lexi, it was soothing too in the worst way to know that she just might be able to stick with Bridget through this whole experimental treatment. The ten-minute marker was reached, and though for an instant Lexi prepared to loosen her hardened muscles again and gently dump her sister back to the carpet, she let the clock pass to 10:01, then 10:02, and beyond. In fact the manual suggested a fifteen-minute break at this Beginner level before the third and final squeeze, but without even having to think about it, the Alpha determined that they were skipping it.

Bridget could take it, and now so could Lexi.

Following the next piece of advice from the book, however, she removed her hand from over her heart, as it wasn’t really needed any longer to know the rate of her pulse, and instead used her pinky finger to nudge Bridget’s tiny bare feet back up into the cocoon of the fist. When the girl’s head started to crest over the top again, Lexi did the same, carefully but resolutely wadding the Omega the rest of the way into her closed hand, until she had the girl’s entire three-inch self contained inside, with only slivers of light and air able to penetrate through the crevices between pale-clamped digits. To an outsider, it might’ve looked like Lexi was a magician stuffing her enchanted handkerchief deep inside her fist before making it vanish into ether.

The Alpha had a more difficult time now feeling individual body parts pressed into segments of her fingers, as Bridget was forcibly curled into a cramped fetal position, but Lexi decided this knowledge wasn’t necessary either. Her sister would endure, and more importantly, the little Omega couldn’t have predicted this behavior, thus robbing herself of the benefit of Enforcement in the first place. Keeping up the squeezing gauntlet, and laying down pressure in a chaotic rippling pattern over Bridget’s submissive shape despite still following their heartbeats, Lexi ensured her mind stayed squarely focused on the task literally at hand. While she’d previously expected the experience to feel like being forced to stare into the sun, it was instead more like watching major surgery: surely disgusting in its own way, but required to sustain life, and over time something she was able to steel herself against while bearing witness.

This last stretch of the session went the quickest of all. Lexi’s hand, arm, and back grew latently tired, but in a way that she could easily push to the back of her consciousness to instead keep centered on what mattered. She remained aware of Bridget’s micro-movements, panged and short of breath while balled like living clay into a cask of curled flesh, but the Alpha didn’t fear extinguishing her sister in this act, especially so early in the manual, utilizing only a fraction of her potential destructive capability. By the time the twentieth minute rolled around, Lexi even contemplated extending the lesson by another few minutes, but decided against it after they’d passed only one second extra over the line. Whipping her hand open again, the Alpha let her sister come to rest on the ground before the tall altar of her crossed legs.

Sprawled on all fours, shivering but not heaving, Bridget muted her choking gasps to refill her lungs. Again there were no visible marks on the tiny blonde’s body, even while Lexi had employed strength that could’ve pulverized a few dozen Betas, given how long the girls had spent interlocked this way. Unquestionably, though, the Omega took longer to settle herself, standing with greater difficulty, and only when she appeared to recollect enough of her stamina did Bridget speak up, half in rasp and head still bowed:

“Yes, Lexi. Yes. T-That was it.”

“I… thought so too,” the Alpha stated, with neither malice nor affection in her tone. There was no place for either one if they were to succeed here. She stood, leaving Bridget hunkered down at her feet, and only stooped to collect her sister after looking upon her from the full five-foot-something gulf of space separating them, which nevertheless felt much more distant to Lexi. But maybe that was a good thing for now. With Bridget scooped meekly in her palm, she nodded to the closet again. “Do you thi- …I mean, it’s time to turn another page. Let’s go see what’s next.”