- Text Size +


“W-Wait. Sorry? What are YOU saying sorry for?” Bridget demanded once she’d caught her breath again. The Omega’s twelve-inch-tall body still clung fiercely onto Lexi’s torso as though she might go hurtling into a mile-long plummet if she released of even one lovingly clenched finger from the folds of her sister’s clothes. It took at least a full unspoken three minutes of hyperventilating clemency from both women before either could even articulate coherently again, though, with the Alpha laid flat on her back among the sheets, just as jealously holding Bridget down against her stomach and chest in the nearest thing to a hug they could approximate right now, given their temporary yet unusual juxtaposition in sizes. Gradually, though, Lexi rose back into a seated hunch upon the bed, her thighs splaying to make room for the foot-tall giantess’s own feet to reach the mattress again for standing support, though she still didn’t dare relinquish any affectionate pressure from their embrace yet, nor would Bridget have allowed such a thing.

“I should’ve stopped it all sooner,” Lexi insisted in answer at last, gently resting her chin on top of Bridget’s head while they continued fondly rocking one another side to side in the middle of the bed. Though no longer weighed down by even remotely the same kind of guilt or distress which had plagued her all day, having successfully flushed Alma from her psyche for good, her voice was still heavy with remorse for the questionably-necessary steps which they’d taken together to finally end up here, where they should’ve been all along. “I should’ve said no. I could’ve said no so many times today and I didn’t. I should’ve done… something.”

“NO!” Bridget shamefully declared, loud enough to be heard even while her tear-stained face was buried hard above Lexi’s navel. “I… made you do it. This. I didn’t give you a choice. It w-wasn’t… to hurt you… more… it was all for me. If that… means anything to you. But I did it anyway because I thought I knew what I needed, or what could fix me, but… but… it wasn’t. That… couldn’t… fix me. The only thing that could have… was… just you. Coming back for me. And you did, like you ALWAYS do. L-Like I don’t… deserve.”

Lexi, exhaling heavily again, just listened to her sister stammering. She felt no discernible ounce of a grudge remaining in her for the little Omega, distant and minimal though that bitterness might’ve been already. The physical release of squeezing, punting, chewing, and stomping out some of her unnamable frustrations and grief earlier today had perhaps helped fire up the fleeting illusion of justice in her damaged heart during their improvised sessions, but ultimately, Lexi felt that hostile incentive come to exactly nothing now, leaving her only empty and frustratingly sorrowful as she’d been from the start of this mess. There was no fulfillment in eye-for-an-eye; she didn’t want or need any shade of payback, nor was there some cosmic natural law of right-and-wrong returned to balance by her having spent most of today pretending to be an Enforcer.

“Yes, you do,” Lexi affirmed, wiping her eyes with one hand while still clutching the shrunken titaness’s back against the other palm. “You do deserve it. Being… fixed. Like I am now. And Bridge, you’re an idiot if you think I could ever not come back for you.”

“I am. I am that now. Or I already was. This whole time. Since you came and found me. Fixed. I… I promise I am. Please. You did this, Lexi. You did this for me. Oh, God…” the Omega rambled, spiraling now into more enervated sobs, though primarily due to the long-awaited expulsion of Sisyphean weight worn on her shoulders, rather than lingering sadness. A tearful wet patch the dimension of her face was soaked now into Lexi’s shirt. The gradually-regrowing giantess hiccupped from such ragged breathing and even let out virtually-hysterical chirps of cleansing laughter in between moist sniffles, and the temporarily taller between them soon couldn’t help but join her.

As long as she’d known her, it had always been difficult for the Alpha to imagine Bridget as “vulnerable” by any possible metric, to the point that she’d eventually never even acknowledged the girl to have a single real weakness. Bridget was just the big sister: wiser, kinder, more cautious, more powerful. Maybe it was the Omega’s current surreal downsizing to less than the scale of an Alpha infant which now helped tear that notion down for good, or maybe it was simply a combination of every healing roadblock they’d each suffered both apart and together from the moment they were horrifically ripped apart almost two years before, but Lexi realized most vividly now for the first time ever how incorrect she’d been to have ever ascribed that kind of faultless omnipotence to her one-hundred-fifty-foot-tall sibling. Just as there was so much beautiful empathy and compassion contained in this vessel of Bridget, not to mention strength sufficient to break a house in half, so too was there a completely-human streak of uncertainty, flaws, and occasional need to mend wounds while only trying to do the right thing: traits which Lexi felt gratefully fortunate to realize made them more alike than any strand of DNA would have. For twelve years, she’d been the little sister here in every sense. At least for now, or however long they had left before a decompressing Bridget didn’t have room to stand up straight inside the dollhouse, it was Lexi’s turn to the be the big one.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…” Bridget chanted, with her face still pressed into the shirt. It took a while for Lexi to recognize these declarations as words at all, though, since the sound of the Omega’s under-breath voice blended right out of her choked sobs and delirious sputters. Once she did parse out these machine-gunned apologies, however, and began to worry that Bridget just might make herself sick from so many wordy retches one after the other, the Alpha smiled to herself, then tenderly took the Omega’s damp face between the pads of her fingers and guided her out of their sisterly stranglehold hug at last. For the first time now since Bridget leapt onto the bed, they actually looked at one another. Something about their current posture, with the watery-eyed blonde crumpled to her knees like a tiny fallen angel trying to earn back her grace, made Lexi feel as though she was seeing Bridget at her smallest stature yet today, even though the blonde had in fact sprouted up by another couple inches in the brief time since they dove into each other’s arms.

“Shhhh. I know you are,” Lexi sighed. She daintily brushed the pad of her forefinger against Bridget’s cheeks, first wiping away the excess saltwater, then patted even more gently, as had been done for her on so many occasions through their youth, albeit in reverse of their current positions. It was time to restitch this thread, two years in the unmaking. “And you don’t have to say it to me anymore. I don’t want you to. Okay?”

The Omega arched her back abruptly with another expelling gasp, evidently releasing yet more burden for what had turned out to be a days-long gauntlet of glacial two-sided forgiveness and final acceptance. She was absolved. Nodding feverishly and seeming to fathom this resolution she’d been gifted once and for all, Bridget leaned back on her haunches and let Lexi’s open palm cradle her again, while the Alpha’s careful finger continued combing back stray golden locks and dabbing away all gleaming trickles still adorning the fifteen-inch-tall titan’s face.

“Thank you,” Bridget said, her voice more whole than before. Apparently unable to handle this distance of crouching less than arm’s length apart from one another for long, though, she fiercely entwined her arm with Lexi’s finger, then thrust herself back against her sibling’s body. Since she was taller now, the Omega’s arms could fit a little further across than before, with the strength of Bridget’s deceptively mighty form becoming more palpable to Lexi again. It brought calm almost akin to the experience of her full-sized sister’s fingers gradually curling around her body for some tumultuous journey ahead. The Alpha was glad for that sensation’s return, reminded that this was still the same personal guardian she’d always had since her “real” life began on that night at Aegis. Bridget’s growth seemed to be accelerating now, which meant they likely didn’t have long before the gulf in their scope widened to more considerable yet familiar extremes.

Neither Omega nor Alpha felt the need to cry any longer, but they remained loyally wrapped against one another as though they did anyway, with Bridget’s head bowed supportively low into Lexi’s shoulder. For a while, the latter could still see high enough over the top of her elder sister’s curly blonde crown to soothingly stroke loose silken strands in a lullaby-inducing fashion between her fingers. At regular intervals, too, she pursed her lips and softly blew cool air against Bridget’s neck, the Omega’s skin still warm and flushed, as she too had done for her in their childhood whenever cry-worthy trouble arose, until Bridget’s complexion seemed to return to normal. Lexi had lost track of time, but could still follow its passage by the fact that, eventually, the lifelong giantess lifted her head from the Alpha’s body, and for the first time in their lives, the two young women met one another’s eyeline from precisely the same height. It was like something ripped from a bizarre dream, definitely not foreign or unwelcome, but difficult for either to comprehend at first glance. Both seemed to recognize this harmonized anomaly which probably would’ve never had reason to occur if not for the redemptive insanity of today, staring curiously into one another’s eyes as if to better cement the memory and lesson.

“Hi,” Bridget greeted, breaking their astonished silence with a smile.

“Hi.” Somehow it felt to Lexi like they had just taken a very long swim together in black briny ocean depths, and emerged only just now with a refreshing crash up through the waves. Perhaps to confirm for herself that this sight seated before her was real, or maybe just because she knew she probably wouldn’t get such a chance again, the Alpha raised both quaking hands and perfectly cupped her sister’s cheeks in her palms. Sure enough, it was real, and so was she. Letting out another laugh, Lexi was stricken with inexplicable gratitude for this singular instant of familial sameness, and caressed her thumbs repeatedly over Bridget’s upward-curling dimples while that smile widened to the sunniest grin she’d witnessed in the Omega since before all that tragic distraction of their last twenty-one months.

“I didn’t… think about this part,” Bridget admitted, not exactly knowing how to articulate the unexpected exquisiteness of, even for a few minutes, sharing the same height as her sister. Visibly comforted by Lexi’s hands pressed against the sides of her face, she followed suit, cradling her little sister’s own features too.

“Me, neither.”

“I’m glad, though. That I got to see you like this. That you… got to see me.”

“Y-Yeah.”

“But, you might have to kick me out of your house soon,” the Omega crooned, though she didn’t let go of Lexi. “Or this bed is going to break right under us.”

“You know I’m not going to kick you out.”

“Well, you might not have to. The walls will just crack apart, if we wait too long.”

“I’m fine with that, too,” Lexi said, mostly joking, but understood just as well as Bridget did that she wasn’t totally unserious, either. Much as she liked this little home-inside-the-home, she’d happily let every manufactured piece be splintered on the Omega’s behalf, if that was what it cost to stick around in one another’s orbit for a bit longer. But she had a good feeling that no such melodrama would be necessary: just a brief separation, once the former Enforcer’s height in feet reached double digits, and then they’d be together again outside the house.

Bridget’s face seemed to remain the same size resting in the Alpha’s hands for quite a while now, as though her expansion had temporarily paused once the girls were matched in stature. It was an oddity, but one that neither of them questioned or regretted, as they studied and stroked one another’s countenances as though back together for the first time in a decade. And Lexi was gratified to realize that, thanks to their prolonged passing-by one another in size, her own mental projection of her Omega sister was no longer the infallible statuesque skyscraper-topping valkyrie she’d known and resolutely imagined her to be for more than half her life. Instead, it was irrevocably the “real” Bridget seated before her now: the same size as her for a little while longer, human in every inch, with the same hopes and sorrow and unceasing love. And no matter how tall the Omega physically became again, Lexi knew they would remain this way together in spirit, just as they should have been from the very start, perfectly side-by-side.

Gradually, then, well-after the Alpha knew for absolute certain that she had preserved the visage of her big sister as she was now, Bridget’s face continued proportionally growing, along with the rest of her. Lexi’s hands began to appear as a small child’s by comparison, still clutching at the Omega’s rosy post-breakdown cheeks, and accordingly, the now-taller sibling’s own gentle mitts could contain all of Lexi’s features between them. Though she no longer had the giantess’s body hugged heartily to hers, the Alpha could feel the incredible strength resonating still from Bridget’s warm pliant palms, even up through those tender fingertips caressing into her hair now. This position, too, felt familiar in its own peculiar perspective-evolving way, since so much of Lexi’s time in years prior was spent safely cupped in her sister’s hand, albeit once her entire body fit snugly into the center beneath the elegant fencing of curled digits offering her shade. The Alpha could still feel her own crossed legs pressed down into the mattress, of course, but since the only ground she could see now was the creasy softness of both Bridget’s hands united under her chin, most of Lexi’s internal systems told her that she was already sprawled happily again in her sister’s palm, ready to be carried off toward whatever welcome discoveries the day would bring them next, just like always. Bridget had easily bypassed eight feet tall by now and was climbing swiftly toward nine, officially having to look down to meet Lexi’s eyeline, but still didn’t budge from the bed, even as the cushioning sunk more noticeably beneath her enlarging form.

“I should probably get off your bed and out of your house,” Bridget said at last with a reluctant exhale, obviously just as wishful that she could stay in this exact spot with Lexi for a bit longer. “You know. While your, uh… door still fits me.”

“Guess you’re right.”

“I’m not going anywhere, though,” the Omega said again, her assurance maybe less necessary now, but still appreciated. “I’ll just be right outside. Until you’re ready to come out, too. Or, if you… wanted more time, I don’t mind going back to-”

“I don’t want time,” Lexi interrupted with a bashful grin. “I’ve had nothing BUT time. I’m… getting really, REALLY sick of time.”

“Me, too.” Bridget smiled, then gracefully released both her now-spacious hands from cradling her sister’s face, or at least tried to. Lexi, however, feeling this oncoming separation, was compelled to follow her sister’s example from before, being the smaller one again, and practically pounced to clap her own tinier palms atop the Omega’s fingers, insistently holding that same mellow touch right in place against her cheeks. Bridget laughed quietly, and relented to the Alpha’s desire, continuing to nestle and pet Lexi’s face between both her hands, even while the Omega was now twice her sibling’s size and counting. “You know you can just follow me out there, too, right? It’s not like we have to be alone again at all.”

“I know,” Lexi said, and meant it. She could actually see Bridget growing using her naked eye now, and could even feel the dwarfed mattress beginning to struggle under the lopsided burden of its two occupants. Still hanging onto the seated twelve-foot-tall Omega’s hands for balance, she wobbled up to stand on her bed, which again – if briefly – let the pair’s sightlines intersect for a final time. “I just. Wanted to make sure I remember this.”

“You will,” Bridget whispered in a voice like a practiced enchantment, so definitive and persuasive that Lexi would’ve unquestionably trusted her forever no matter what was said. Still holding the entirety of her sister’s head between her palms, the growing Omega guided Lexi’s face closer to her own until she could wetly plant a thankful kiss on the Alpha’s forehead. “I love you, Lexi.”

“I love you too, Bridge.”

“…I REALLY do think it’s time for me to go now, though. Or else you’re going to be minus a house.”

The not-quite-twinned pair shared a few giggles now, pressing their foreheads together while they still could, with Lexi on her feet and Bridget’s head bowed to meet the Alpha’s. Feeling the bedframe beginning to buckle, however, the Omega made the decision to step lithely back onto the floor at this last possible instant before collateral damage occurred, releasing her little sister’s trembling face from her hands, and immediately bumped her head against the ceiling when she resumed her full ascending height.

“Okay, okay, maybe you were right!” Lexi said, exultant.

“Yeah, it might be a tight squeeze now,” Bridget agreed. She hunched, swatting the dollhouse bedroom door open with her oversized fingers, and somewhat comedically reminded the spectating Alpha of Alice in Wonderland, about to start wearing the White Rabbit’s cottage like a boxy gown. “But Mom is gonna kill me if I destroy your house after only two days back.”

Snickering, not caring in the least whether her portable home was exploded or not, Lexi clambered out of bed, with her every footfall feeling stronger and more assured now, and followed Bridget just as the latter commenced maneuvering down the stairs. It was indeed a narrow fit, with the Omega’s hips banging into the walls and furniture as she surpassed fifteen and then twenty feet tall, but still she moved with determination through this final ceremonial obstacle course of the day’s many more-significant tribulations. For each step, Lexi was right behind her sister’s trailing heels, ready to help try and push her out through the door if it came down to that, even while knowing she wouldn’t be able to actually contribute much force after the Omega had spurted past a certain already-passed threshold of enormity. With seeming moments to spare before she became too large to escape without first having to batter down a wall, Bridget thrust herself through the front door, knocking one of the hinges askew in the process, and at once appeared to stand almost as tall as the whole two-story Alpha habitat.

“I mean, IF you’d wrecked my house, though…” Lexi said, leaning in the doorway now to watch the Omega soar. “…I totally could’ve invited myself to have a sleepover on the table by your bed again. You know, since you would’ve squished my actual room, and all.”

“Oh, was THAT why you wanted me to stay in there so long?” Bridget teased. The moment she’d stumbled out the door, almost rocketing now back toward her natural Omega hugeness, it was like a switch had been flipped, and whatever abiding communicative barriers preventing them from speaking as normal for the past two days had been categorically shattered. “Hey, I can still break your house, if you’re that desperate to stay in my room tonight. Obviously, that part’s not necessary if you really want to sleep beside me, but I’ve been gone such a long time, so who am I to say no if you-”

“On SECOND thought…” Lexi interjected with another sarcastic drawl, though her cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling so hard. “Rain check on you crushing my pad. All my stuff’s in there, so…”

“If you insist,” Bridget concurred. Standing now at forty feet tall and advancing more rapidly with every second, she nimbly took a seat on the edge of the table, letting her feet dangle off the side, then looked over her shoulder at her Alpha sibling who was still posted in the tiny dollhouse doorframe, bearing an earnest jittery full-body grin. The Omega winked. “See you in a second.”

Then Bridget hopped off the side of the furniture, palpably growing even during that split second when she was supported only by thin air beneath her, and suddenly she was gone. Lexi, stifling another laugh, stepped out of her house and ambled toward the table’s precipice. She heard or saw nothing for close to a minute, but right as she arrived at the edge, it came as no surprise, and fact a proportionally great comfort, to see the Omega abruptly rise high above her during the final twenty-foot sprint back to her ordinary fifteen-story stature. Gratefully decompressed in more ways than one, Bridget closed her eyes, rolling her head from side to side against her shoulders. Everything was put right again. Predictably, the Omega looked a bit worse for wear from this projected scale, at least on the exterior, having spent a part of today being literally worn, along with every other straining dirtying sweat-soaking Enforcement exercise performed with blind ultimately-needless urgency. Though the bliss in Bridget’s expression, and Lexi’s too, more than cancelled out these leftover filth-caked artifacts of the pair’s hard-fought strife today. The giantess extended her cupped hand toward the side of the table near-immediately, though the gratified Alpha still had her handler beat, effectively leaping off into her sister’s open clutches before they were even physically present to catch her. Of course, her confidence in landing upon Bridget’s palm was, as always, well-founded.

“Okay, there is actually one condition for you to have that sleepover in my room tonight,” the Omega sighed as she lifted Lexi up to the level of her face. “You have to give me, like, at least another two days to get used to you doing that crazy jump-off thing you love so much before you start getting that risky again. It’s been a while since I’ve had to be ready so fast. I’m good, I know, but I’m not magic.”

“Two days. Fine. You said two days. I’m holding you to that now.”

“I should’ve said three. Okay, no stunt lady jumps for two more days?”

“Deal.”

“Great. So, uh… besides… you know… throwing yourself in danger over and over just to test my reflexes for fun, what do you want to do now? As in like, right now? Because I want to do whatever you want to do.”

“Now?” Lexi repeated, both taken aback and deliriously enthralled by the possibilities that stretched before them like open ocean after all the choppy rapids were finally survived. Leaning back against Bridget’s fingers, she idly laid a hand over her stomach, which immediately gave an angry gurgle, as the emotional duress up to now had essentially deleted any appetite, despite neither Alpha nor Omega having eaten anything since yesterday. In fact, she hadn’t felt quite so painfully hungry or thirsty in all the past months of static wandering as she did in this instant. “First, I want to eat literally everything that’s in the fridge right now. And then maybe get something to-go after we empty everything out here.”

“Oh, I’m with you there,” Bridget groaned. Apparently in a similar state, her own belly gave a much bassier growl as though on cue. Nodding, she marched immediately toward the kitchen, with Lexi still on board. “Pad Thai and bubble tea and strawberry cupcakes?”

“As if you even had to ask,” Lexi confirmed. “I tried versions of all those things, while I was gone. At pretty much every place I could find. None of it was ever as good as around here. I think I’ve been going through withdrawal since then.”

“Same here,” Bridget said. Reaching the fridge, she yanked the doors wide open, letting the arctic breeze blast refreshingly over them both while she started scooping out leftover food containers with the hand not currently keeping Lexi at the level of her shoulder. “Sanctuary is… a wonderful place. It helped me, and it helps so many people, but… it’s not exactly the cuisine capital of the world.”

“Yeah, sort of guessed that.” In short order, cold plates of assorted dinner options were laid out in a feast arrangement on the table and, without guile, the Alpha started forking bites over her jaws immediately without even chewing in between. She and Bridget had never bothered with table manners around one another, unless Evelyn was there to gently scold them, and today, she felt more like a child than she had in years. “Maybe I should order that bubble tea soon…”

“Already done. Should be ready for us to pick up in ten minutes,” the Omega said with a tap on her phone screen, then spooned her own first bites, left equally as ravenous as her sister after their shared energy-draining odyssey. For a minute there was only the sound of relieved scarfing in the room, though Lexi still stuck close to Bridget’s hand, almost preferring to sit in her giant palm, but then again, the Alpha would’ve had trouble reaching their smorgasbord from there. “Okay, so. First thing on the list is now underway. What comes after we eat everything in the house?”

“Next,” Lexi said. Catching her breath from bingeing, she took a seat upon Bridget’s resting thumb. “I want to hear about your whole time out there. In Sanctuary. Every minute, from when you first got there. Literally, the whole time. Every detail you can still remember. About everything that happened, what you decided, or thought, or… felt. I, uh, was going to wait a little longer to ask that. But, you agreed, too, that… we’ve both waited. A lot.”

“Of course,” Bridget agreed, now tempering their collective smiley atmosphere with appropriate gravity. Without moving her thumb beneath Lexi, she stroked her forefinger down her sister’s back. “And after I finish, I’ll want to hear about yours. Just as much of it, too.”

“Deal,” Lexi said again, while chomping off a hunk of grape. Attentive, relaxed, and euphorically at-home in this moment and space, she nuzzled herself into the gap between two of her colossal sibling’s reposing fingers, surrounded by a wealth of much-needed sustenance, and stared comfortably up into Bridget’s ocean-like baby blues high above. “I’m ready whenever you are.”