- Text Size +

It has been five hundred years since Gulliver first made his famous voyage. The divergent world’s of Gulliver have merged to become one. Improved technology has proven the Brobdingnagans, the Lilliputians, and the Humans are all in fact genetically human. The only difference is that certain size genes are expressed more forcefully in some strains of people then in others.

 

This new technological enlightenment has forced political and social change in each of the societies towards the more liberal end of the spectrum. Integration and tolerance of each other have taken hold. Laws that used to strictly enforce segregation of the sects of men have been discarded and the groups are beginning to live and work amongst each other.

 

This cooperation has led to a dramatic economic expansion that has lifted all boats. On average and generally speaking the new thinking has improved life on the planet for all, though it has been a constant struggle. These are the stories of that struggle.

 

 

In Over Your Head

 

“Manslaughter! Jamie that’s not enough. What she did was egregious.” Said Matt. Who was the lead prosecutor in Deatsville, an experimental Lilliputian community located within the national jurisdiction of Brobdingnag proper. “Look that’s all I'm giving Matt and consider that generous. You would never be able to convict her in front of a Brobdignagan jury anyways.

 

You’re lucky that I sympathize with this social experiment and that my client has confessed to what she has done. Most lawyers would have told you to go to hell.” Said Jamie, the defense attorney, flashing a superior smile. A twinkle in her beautiful green eyes could be seen even across the video monitor, which transmitted the image of her face to Matt.

 

“Who said anything about a Brobdignagan jury! This crime was committed in Deatsville!” protested Matt. “I filed a motion to move the trial with the Deatsville superior judge today and he has agreed to hear my request.” Replied Jamie smugly. “The hearing is tomorrow. See you there.” And the image abruptly went blank as she hung up the call. “Bullshit!” said Matt as he quickly called the judge’s office.

 

The Next Day

 

Jamie was right. The judge had granted a hearing. Matt couldn’t believe it. The crimes that Brandy Shaw had committed in all honesty demanded a war tribunal: 1,362 dead millions in damages. Yet, here they were. The hearing had been moved away from the Deatsville courthouse and out onto the city supply yard, where supplies purchased from Brobdingnag were placed and then trucked into town. This was done so that Jamie Kriegmonanich could attend the hearing.

 

Matt had arrived early to plead with the judge, “Judge, look at what she did to our town! You can’t be serious…” “Silence!” barked the judge. “I am well aware of the extent of damage done. However, there are other concerns that we face.

 

Only three years ago were we allowed to build this town, only 7 years ago, on the strength of scientific findings, were we recognized by the Brobdingnagans as creatures worthy of existence. I would like nothing more than to see that girl shot, but this is a very complicated matter which has ramifications further than the dispensation of justice in this specific matter!” Justified the judge as he shut his transport door.

 

Just after the judge had finished his tirade a loud rumbling shook the very ground that they were standing on. First they saw the top of her blond head, then her face came into view, followed by the swells of her gigantic blouse covered breasts (large by even Brobdignagan standards), then her hour glass hips gave way to long legs hugged by a tight skirt that stopped just below her knees then finally her giant shoes (high heels) came into view as she came closer and closer to the supply depot.

 

She was taller then Matt imagined. He could only speculate on her height, but to him it would be measured in miles. Everyone else who was there was similarly shocked by the immensity of her proportions. She was carrying a legal briefcase that was maybe half the size of the Deatsville business district. “OK, judge I’m on the depot where do I need to be?” she asked switching hands with the briefcase and scanning the ground.

 

“Bailiff, the signal.” The judge ordered and loud hissing noises were heard as several huge flares went screaming into the sky and exploded high overhead. Jamie’s eyes caught the flare explosions probably knee high and about three more paces directly in front of her. She followed the smoke trails down to the ground to what looked like a very small circle of debris.

 

She quickly made the distance and knelt down. Surveying the scene from directly above she recognized the tiny circle (about an inch or two in diameter) as being made of tiny lilliputian vehicles. She strained her eyes in the center where there were even smaller dots measuring fractions of an inch. She set her briefcase down to her side and hunched over squinting.

 

“Judge is that you?” She asked. She had only seen the judge and the prosecutor on video conference, a media that definitely did not transmit their true dimensions well. On video it was as if she was talking to real people, but now...well lets just say she could squish the entire superior court of Deatsville under her thumb if she were so inclined. She stopped her descent until her eyes were just above the group standing in the middle, where there seemed to be some kind of commotion.

 

Everyone who was standing had been knocked to the ground at this point. Even a few of the vehicles had been overturned. The judge quickly reached into his pocket pulling out what looked like an enormous walkie-talkie. “Jamie, please...put your ear piece in!” rang the judges words amplified over loud speakers. “Oh, the ear piece I forgot.” Said Jamie who straightened up and grabbed her briefcase pulling an ear piece out.

 

Matt didn’t know if Jamie had heard the judge or just remembered, but evidently the ear piece she was putting in was wired into the court sound system. When Jamie had gotten the equipment in her ear she heard the tail end of the commotion from below. “You OK judge.” She heard the bailiff call. “Yes. Yes. Get some men and get those transports turned back over.” Ordered the judge.

 

“Your honor that won’t be necessary.” Said Jamie. As she leaned in very close so her gigantic green eye, which easily was over a hundred feet in diameter, was directly above. She used it to identify the turned over vehicles then rose up slightly and very carefully lowered a long slender finger capped with a shiny red nail maybe 50 foot long.

 

The judge yelled, “No! You are too big!” But Jamie either did not hear or ignored him as she gently flipped the minuscule transports right side up again. “All done.” She said with an enormous toothy smile. However, these pearly whites were building sized to the Lilliputians below. “Yes, Thank you counselor but now lets see if we can get this hearing underway. Bailiff!” barked the judge.

 

“All rise the honorable….whoah…” yelped the bailiff as the ground once again began to rumble and shake and the wind began blowing. Matt could not help laugh at the fact that Jamie’s chair had fallen over. Who was stupid enough in this kangaroo court to bring a chair for her? Everyone looked up in amazement as Jamie had once again had risen to her full height. Only this time she was looming directly overhead almost straddling them. It was very dark but Matt thought he saw the outline of some sort of thong.

 

“Right.” Said the bailiff “…ummm Judge Hershel Walters presiding. Petition of extradition of the defendant Brandy Shaw to Brobdignagan jurisdiction.” Matt looked to his sides. The largest pair of heels he had ever seen flanked him on both sides. He looked up. He was terrified simply being this close. It made him wonder how the victims must have felt being under attack by someone equally large - it only increased his resolve.

 

“Your honor I move for summary dismissal!” blurted Matt. “This is a farce. To agree to this is downright abdication of our sovereignty to the Brobdingnagans!” He went on. “That’s fine but at least let me sit down first.” Responded the judge sitting. “Motion denied.” Quipped the judge as he settled in his seat. “Counselor present your motion.” Ordered the judge looking up at Jamie.

 

“Thank you your honor.” Said Jamie smiling. “Judge, with your permission I would like to demonstrate why it would be impossible to have this trial in Deatsville, but I will need some leeway to do so.” She said pausing for permission. “Your leeway is granted, but just remember this is a court room not a circus.” Warned the judge.

 

“This is certainly an odd place for a hearing don’t you think?” asked Jamie. Matt knew exactly where she was going with this. “I presume we are here for my benefit which I certainly appreciate, but I don’t have a desk or even a chair. Suppose I would like to approach?” She slowly lifted her foot and everyone screamed as it descended directly onto the area demarcated for the hearing.

 

When the shaking stopped everyone opened their eyes and noticed that the arch of Jamie’s high-heeled shoe canopied them. Towering overhead some several hundred feet. “Is this how I would do it? Or this?” she said as she stepped back and lowered her self down on all four’s allowing her face to loom above everyone, however, her long blonder hair began to cascade down falling into the demarcated area. “Your point is made! As you were.” barked the judge. But Jamie did not feel that it was made and continued.

 

“I don’t think it is. And besides why should I listen to you?” Jamie lowered herself until her full red lips were right above the hearing. All she need do would be pucker and kiss and everyone in the superior court of Deatsville would be gone. “Enough! I will have order in this court.” Demanded the judge. Jamie immediately backed up and away somewhat though was still on all fours.

 

“You see judge how impractical this would be. And not only would you have me but you would have the defendant present as well. And since no one would be capable to serve as a proper bailiff with us present you would need to borrow at least two bailiff’s from Brobdingnagan four a total of four Brobdingnagans to accommodate. I don’t think there would be much of Deatsville left sir.” Jamie honestly pointed out.

 

“Objection!” Matt blurted. “The accused or council need not be physically present. We can set up a video feed for them.” Reasoned Matt. “He has a point counselor.” Responded the judge looking up. “Sure that could be done, but it is a right, in both our legal systems, of the accused to face the accuser in trial. Furthermore, say you convict her. How will you force her to comply? Where will you put her? You haven’t got a building that can house her foot much less her whole body.” Jamie cracked a winning smile. Her logic was undeniable.

 

“You would have to house her in a Brobdignagan prison. I’m sure that my government would only accept this if she was properly convicted in a Brobdingnagan court.” Added Jamie. “Sorry, Matt. She speaks the truth. We do not have the facilities to hold this trial or to imprison the accused were she convicted. Motion granted. Jurisdiction is transferred to the Brobdingnagans. Prosecution will have to co-ordinate with the Brobdingnag justice department.” Commanded the judge.