- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet has a chat with the President and threatens him.


+++

The US president, whose name was Murphy, massaged his temples with his fingertips and groaned. He leaned back in his creaking chair and reached out to his intercom resting on his overly large desk. "Anna, would you be so kind as to cancel my conference with governor Bailey? I have a ravaging headache and am in dire need of some fresh air."

"Are you positive, sir? You've also canceled the last two appointments with Governor Bailey at the eleventh hour. He sounded quite irked last time."

"So was I when I was forced to listen to his two-hour lecture concerning dementing homeless people causing road accidents in California last spring! Don't put him on the agenda before Tuesday next week!"

"That week is already pretty swamped, sir. And so are the two weeks after that."

"Then plan him on the first free opportunity."

"That's uhm... Let me see. In November, sir. The same week you'll have to attend New York's veteran's parade. And since Governor Bailey is the proud holder of a purple heart, he will be there too."

"Great! I can cheer for him from the sideline and listen to his ramblings. Anything else, Anna?"

"A-are you serious, sir?"

"Anything else, Anna?"

"Uhm. No. Sir."

"Thank you! Let lunch be delivered in about *checks his watch* thirty minutes."

"Will do, sir."

After stretching his stiff muscles under a loud groan, the President stood up and made his way to the balcony. A chilly autumn breeze caressed his cheeks as he opened the door to enter the balcony. He propped his elbows on the balcony's edge and massaged his temples in an attempt to ease the pain.

"I can fix that, you know. The headache."

As Murphy glanced up, he spotted a gorgeous young lady standing a few meters away, admiring the view just as he was. For a moment, he couldn't help but admire the alluring curves of her leather-clad butt poking out enticingly as she leaned on the balcony's edge.

She's even hotter from up close. He thought.

"What took you so long?" Murphy said. Despite his attempts to appear confident, he strongly desired to surrender to this woman. Tales had circulated of people—even renowned leaders—sinking to their knees upon the girl's sight in adoration while kissing the pointy ends of her shiny black boots, humbly asking to serve her every beck and call.

He disregarded the accounts as sheer nonsense and harshly condemned those who – if the stories were factual – sank to such wormy behavior as spineless pissants who should be erased from existence. However, as Violet's influence chipped away his willpower, he wasn't sure the tales were just balderdash.

Was this what brought such a significant number of individuals to their knees? Or was the girl still pulling punches, playing with his mind, while she was equipped with powers capable of unleashing so much more?

"Just rounding up side matters first, Mr. President." Violet glanced at him from the corners of her alluring eyes while fiddling with a lock of hair.

"And now you're ready for the main course, I presume?" Murphy said.

"I have been informed that you're the only one who can prep me such a dish."

"Well, I am one damnation of a cook,"

"I know," Violet smiled.

Murphy's eyes narrowed as he exclaimed, "The United States government is never going to give in to the likes of you." For an empowered moment, Murphy's dignity as a President shoves Violet's influence to the side.

Violet chuckled. "There's only one of me, I'm afraid. Say," she looked over her shoulder, glancing at the President's office behind them. "You believe signing that Enforcement Upscaling Act lying on your desk into law will change anything? The country is on the brink of turning into an anarchistic funhouse, and I'm the only one who can restore its peace."

"Yes, you're the solution to everything, are you not?" Murphy said voice drenched with sarcasm.

"I bring hope is what I do."

"By first taking it away from people," Murphy scoffed. "There's nothing left of the lovely lady we all cheered for. Some are calling you a Goddess. The Goddess even – the savior, the destroyer and creator in one."

"I see myself more as a humble architect," Violet said.

Murphy observed as the superpowered teen brought her hand up. He sensed a serious rumble shaking underneath the ground to the south, not far from their spot. Cries reverberated in the breeze.

"Lord save us all…." Murphy brought out, planting a hand on his mouth, as he saw that the Ronald Reagan National Airport was entirely uprooted, floating upwards like some hovering island.

Bits of soil trickled down, sprinkling in wild water from the Potomac River that tumultuously filled the colossal hole that was left behind.

"I found it always more appropriate to place airports in the outer areas." Violet said. "You, legislators, are cold-blooded. Not one of you thinks about the welfare of the populace. Not to mention the sound contamination it induces for the people living close by."

Murphy spat on the ground. "Says the lass who shattered hundreds of windows, and probably eardrums, in Pheronvale with her recklessly used sonic booms."

With a gesture, Violet directed the drifting airport to a more appropriate position. People in the streets below were filled with dread as the mothership island passed overhead, casting oppressive darkness over the city and its inhabitants. Automobiles skidded to a halt, frantically attempting to flee the encroaching shadow, but it was no use; it was advancing at a pace faster than any human-made automobile could match. Giant chunks of rock and dirt hurtled down, wounding a multitude of shrieking people.

"This looks like a good spot," Violet waved her arms, and the airport began to sink. Simultaneously, she used her mental strength to carve out a gap, creating the perfect location for the hovering island. "I've also ensured that the necessary transportation links have been established."

"How very thoughtful of you," Murphy replied with a snide smile, making his feelings clear.

"I know, right?! Okay, back to business. I give you until noon tomorrow to officially hand over the country's authority to me."

"And then what? What will befall the inhabitants if I comply? Will they suffer the same fate as the hapless citizens in one of your subjugated nations, toiling away to construct things that do nothing more than serve as a painful reminder of how wretched their lives have become?"

"These people have the honor of dedicating their lives to make me happy!" Violet snapped, sounding highly offended. "I give them plenty in return!"

The President posed the question, "And what if I decline?"

Violet gave a malicious grin. "No need to worry, Mr. President. I'll prove it to you before I go. Don't you fret. Oh, by the way, can I take the Pentagon with me? This is a rhetorical question, by the way. I will take it anyway, regardless of your answer. Because you see, I just love grandiose buildings! I actually collect them, did you know?"

Murphy frowned. "And how the hell are you going to do that. If I may ask?"

"You may." Violet gleamed. "Here, watch."

Violet waved her arm, and, just like the airport, the whole building rose and floated in the air. It swiftly diminished in size while flying in Violet's direction until she could pluck it with an outstretched hand like a toy.

Her gorgeous face loomed over the building as she smiled down at it, resting in the palm of her hand. She laughed as she saw the hundreds of tiny people running around in a panic, desperately trying to find a way out of the situation which didn't exist - only a kilometers-deep chasm off the edge of her hand.

"Well, I'm outta here!" Violet reduced the Pentagon even more and clasped her hand tightly, containing the building in an inescapable imprisonment. She went up into the sky, waved goodbye to the President, and blasted off.

With a sigh, Murphy observed her figure from the balcony, diminishing to a tiny speck on the horizon until it couldn't be seen anymore.

Just when he was about to turn around to get back inside, he heard a thunderous explosion. Then another, and another – igniting on several locations throughout the city.

"Sir!" A troubled staff member darted into the President's office. "The National Airport, its–"

"I'm already aware, lad! But what's with the explosions?"

"Naval base Everett and Kidsap have both been decimated by balls of fire hurling down from the sky, sir. Along with Camp Murray Air Guard Station."

Murphy twisted his head to the horizon, where he saw Violet vanishing a moment ago. He stared with horror at the destruction that the superpowered teenager had left behind as a farewell present, noting plumes of smoke rising from numerous parts of the city and the wailings of sirens from emergency crews whizzing through the air.

Blasted overpowered teenage brat! Murphy fumed.

"What are your orders, sir?" The staff member asked.

Murphy spun around, jabbing a quivering finger at his employee. "Assemble an emergency meeting with my strategic advisors. Pull them back from vacation if necessary. I want to discuss nuclear options right away!"

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!