- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet joins her family for breakfast, where she gets into an argument with her brother.


+++



A prowling cat had his eyes zeroed in on its prey. An unsuspecting robin whose eyes shot frantically to every possible direction while rooting about for worms. The small animal was utterly unaware of the danger sneaking closer through the unmown lawn. Prepping himself for the killing blow, with his hind legs fully tensed – Gizmo, Violet's neighbor's cat – launched off like a heat-seeking torpedo fired from a warship. In that split second – the time Gizmo's aerial assault took – his eyes bulged wide open when his petty little prey suddenly grew to monstrous proportions, or so it seemed. After slamming against the bird's chest, Gizmo fell down and landed dexterous on its paws, looking up at some monstrosity of a bird many times his own size. Before he could even think about vanishing among a forest of grass the size of oak trees, he was snatched up by a lively huge beak and swallowed alive.

2 seconds later, a lightning bolt shot down from the sky – leaving behind a swirling pile of ash mingled with a whiff of charred meat where the robin was rooting about in the grass earlier.

With a smile on her face, Violet pulled her head back in and shut her window close. She walked up to her floor mirror and observed herself.

"Better. Much better," she cupped her modest tits. Turning around, Violet clasped one half of her firm tush and smiled. She was pleased with what she saw.

"Dinner, darling!" a voice came from downstairs.

"Coming, mom!" Violet called back from her bedroom.

After some final adjustments to her hair, Violet left her room and sauntered downstairs. There she saw her older brother sitting at the dining table while boasting about his latest victory in the ring.

"In the second round, I told him during our stare down. I will make you lick your own sweat on the canvas in the second round!" Bobby said between bites of cereal.

"And in the second round, he went," his father said with a proud smile while clasping his son's shoulder.

"You were great there, honey!" his mother chimed in as she joined them at the table for breakfast.

"I know, I am, am I?" Bobby said with an arrogant glee on his face.

Violet rolled with her eyes and scoffed inaudible as she walked down the stairs and announced her arrival by saying, "Yes, great indeed, brother," she applauded.

"Violet!" her dad jerked up from his chair. "Come here, you. Let me give you a hug. Oh, my, you look… different today. What happened to the purple outfit?"

"I burned it." Violet shrugged while clasped into her father's hug.

"Just like that?"

"Just like that,"

"Where did you get those garments from anyway?" her mother joined them. "You look like that girl from the Divergent series with all that… blackness."

Violet beamed broadly. "Really? That's so cool! She's a total badass! You like it, mom?"

"Well, I don't know," her mother leaned her cheek on her hand. "I did dig the purple. It seemed so cheerful. This outfit radiates such a dark aura."

"I still have the V!" Violet pointed at her chest. "That's still purple."

Her mother was not convinced yet. "And where is your cape?"

Violet scoffed. "Nothing more than a flapping nuisance during flight."

"That is such a pity, darling," her mother said.

"Well, I don't care what you wear, darling. You look fabulous as always." Her father smiled. "Come, take a seat next to me. Join us for breakfast, dear."

Violet smiled at her father, parked her butt on the chair, and started prepping some toast with blueberry jam.

"You haven't congratulated Bobby with his victory, am I right, darling?" her mother said while joining them at the table.

"No, no I haven't," Violet did not look up while using her butter knife to paint the toast with a fat load of jam.

"So?..." her mother prodded.

Violet looked up. A bit vexed. "Yeah, Soooo?"

"So, congratulate him!"

Violet ceased smearing her toast and looked intensely at her mother. "I have avoided a bank robbery. Caught some unfortunate mountaineer in my arms who was busy falling to his death after slipping over an edge – ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CONTINENT! And saved a family of six girls, two boys and three squeaky chihuahuas from a sailing disaster in the South Pacific, ALL within a shorter timeframe than you needed to cook dinner last night. Where are mine felicitations?"

"That's not fair!" her mother ranted. "You get public recognition for your heroic deeds all the time!"

"Is that so? Look at this," Violet pulled out her phone from her back pocket and showed her mother some news headlines.

Elderly couple perished in a sea of flames while so-called superhero is tanning on the beach.

*The headline was accompanied by a photo of two bodies lying under a white sheet next to a photo of Violet lounging in her bikini on some beach for dramatic purposes. *

"And this one,"

Highly respected Air Force general press charges teen superheroine for airspace infringement.

"I can go on for hours here."

Citizens living beneath a frequently used flightpath of the teen idol are complaining about noise pollution due to the many sonic booms.

"I get it. I get it honey. Please, put it away." Her mother said.

"That fizzes with lots of love, doesn't it, mom?" Violet's voice gleamed with sarcasm.

"Darling," her mother grabbed Violet's hands firmly. "You can't save everyone and people who don't understand that do not deserve your loyal service."

"That's right, Violet." Her father chimed in. "Try listening only to the people that matter. Remember that gossip is always a personal confession of either malice or imbecility."

Violet gave a wry smile while looking at her father. "You're quoting someone else's words again, aren't you, Dad?"

"I'm spreading someone else's wisdom," Violet's father replied. "that's a huge difference. Religious people do it all the time. But I'm serious here, Violet. There are dozens of people that are more than grateful for your service, trust me."

"I don't know. Perhaps I should quit this heroic stuff and do some MMA instead." Violet eyed her brother. "Bobby here seemed to get cheered for all the time."

Bobby scoffed. "The cage is no place for a girl."

Violet jerked up. "Why? You think I can't handle it?"

"Girls do not belong in the UFC is all I'm saying."

"Well, neither do you. You're still just brawling against low-ranked fighters in some minor league."

"I'm building up a resumé!" Bobby's eyes shot fire. "I can own them all if I have to – with one hand tied on my back!"

"Well, so do I." Violet crossed her juicy legs leisurely and pretended like she was polishing her nails. "ALL of them at the same time, with just my pinky. How's that for style?"

Bobby stood up, enraged, and pierced a finger in his kid sister's direction. "You're just a filthy freak and you know it! That accident should have killed you! You do not belong to live among us humans anymore. Why don't you screw some Kryptonian in galaxy-9!"

CRASH!

Three chairs screeched backward when Violet's tender fist shattered the antique oaken dining table of three inches thick in splintering pieces. Violet herself felt neither guilt nor shame about her sudden outburst when six pairs of eyes were gaping at her with bulged eyes. She could only feel anger while eyeing her older brother, who looked back at her with a glare that made her think he was about to shit his pants. Her supersenses picked up his dramatically high heart rate. He was scared. Very scared. An almost imperceptible smile crept into the left corner of Violet's lips.

"Darling–" her mother reached her hand out. But Violet was already standing up. She barged through the front door – leaving it hanging on one hinge – and blasted off into the sky, shattering multiple car windows and activating a couple alarms.

This is where she felt free, soaring high above the clouds where no one could judge her or blame her for something.

Violet contemplated her current situation. Ever since she was blessed with these superpowers, she constantly had the feeling that she had to hold back while living among such frail beings and their delicate infrastructures. It became harder and harder for her to bear. She felt a desperate urge to lash out without any inhibitions. She wanted to have fun for a change instead of using her powers only in service for others.

You know what? That's just what I'm going to do. Have fun. Violet decided. Blasting off with the speed of sound multiple times, it did not take long for Violet to reach the coast. She knocked her pace up a few notches and lowered her altitude to just above the sea surface. Her fingers dipped playfully in the water, grazing it, as her super-sight observed the aquatic life hundreds of feet below the surface. Then she saw something that made her extremely angry. A whaler was busy hunting down an Orca. The poor animal was swimming for his life. Determined, Violet blasted off and came to a sudden stop soaring above the ship with her hands on her hips. Its crew curiously looked up at the juvenile.

"You let that creature go, right now!" Violet yelled with her superpowered voice.

"What's all that darned racket?! We're losing gold here, gentlemen!" a man emerged on deck, looking displeased when he saw his crew standing there apathetic.

"It's that uberwench, Cap. She wants us to cease the hunt."

"Is that so? Ha!" the man cackled like a hyena while looking up at Violet with a self-complacent smirk. "I'll tell you what, why don't you come down here with that tight ass of yours and give me a bump-and-grind while I consider your polite request."

The collective peal of laughter that followed from the crew was swiftly cut off when Violet shot down to the Captain and hoisted him in the air by his collar with one arm.

"How about I hear you requesting me politely that I leave this ship intact if you keep vexing me!" Violet snapped. The skinny bare arm of the superpowered teen barely showed any sign of muscular effort while holding up a full-grown male with a heavy-set body.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, child?!" The Captain flailed helplessly within the unwavering grasp of Violet's slender fist. "You have no authority in these waters! We roam legally within the frames of the IWC!"

"I do not care about these degenerates of IWC. You will do exactly as I say and leave this mammal or–"

*SPAT*

Violet pinched her eyes close when a thick green blob left the Captain's lips and landed on her left cheek.

She rubbed it off on the Captain's jacket. "Okay, now you've done it." Violet hurled the Captain's body against the deck. Leaving the ship, Violet soared above the ship and let her magic do its work. The whole crew started to panic when their entire ship started to shrink down at a rapid pace. It looked even more trivial than a child's plaything when Violet's hand lifted the ship up from the sea. The whole crew gulped with fear when they gaped up at the displeased countenance of a comely teen girl the size of a high-rise to them.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!