- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet is off for a special mission in the middle east, but things do not go as planned.


+++


As Violet grazed through raging waves of the Atlantic Ocean – sprays of cold, sodium-rich water splashing against her increasingly stunning face – she pondered about the upcoming war she would most probably wage on the Gaza Strip against the Palestinians.

It wasn't the prospect of the confrontation itself that made her mind reel with divergent thoughts. The fight – that would probably follow upon Violet's bold demand – would be swift and decisive and in Violet's favor as well as on the Jews. She was brazenly sure of that.

No, it was the fact that a new chapter would open up in Violet's life with the start of this intervention. People would cease calling her Lovely Violet, the most cherished and beloved superhero of Faronvale. They would give her other names. Only time will tell which ones. Perhaps they would call her a peacekeeper, or an idealist, or just simply brute. She hoped for the first one, but she was afraid her name would be baptized with the latter. Especially if the confrontation would end up in sheer bloodshed.

Violet was determined to make the transition as peaceful as possible. Nonetheless, was she willing to use force if the course of circumstances required it.

But first, something else vied for Violet's attention as she flew at a casual transonic speed over sloping waves of seawater. The superness of her hearing perceived the ruckus of voices in the distance, becoming gradually louder. It was the noise of people having fun right amidst the unending vastness of the Atlantic ocean. It was chatter that she heard, generated by the throats of many people, and jests and laughter and music and even the sound of kissing.

And there was the culprit of this nuisance, dooming up on the horizon. A ridiculously colossal cruise ship bobbed its way over the ocean. Its sight caused a surge of sour disgust to churn through Violet's body.

It reminded her of all the rich kids in elementary school who did all these awesome and expensive things in faraway, exotic places during holidays while she had to content herself with a paltry picnic in the local park as her vacation's highlight during her youth.

This seemed to be the perfect opportunity for Violet to literally crash their party. A sonic boom banged behind Violet as she accelerated to hypersonic speed and, subsequently, high-hypersonic speed. The ship shot up to her in a matter of seconds. The sardonic smile on her pretty face remained unfazed when Violet's body pierced a straight hole through the ship's hull right above the waterline, melting metal and splashing apart obstructing bodies. The screams and cries and the wailing of a siren sounded like music in Violet's ears as she took a short moment to gander at her handiwork while hovering above the ship.

Most of these panicked people weren't aware of Violet's observing eyes, except for one man, who gawked up at her for two seconds before being pushed bluntly over the ship's railing to fall to his death as an oversized father of two who rushed by like a raging bull through the crowd in search for a lifeboat.

Violet was long gone when the ship vanished beneath the ocean's surface. And neither its doomed passengers nor Violet herself realized during this catastrophe that this event would herald the beginning of a new era – the age of the Fallen Angel.

As she flew aimlessly above a region that she believed to be the Gaza strip, she thought it wise to just land amidst the first military base she saw. Several jeeps and armored vehicles tipped over to their side due to the shockwave created during Violet's landing. Feeling threatened by Violet's sudden, boisterous entrance from the sky, its soldiers simply began to shoot her – to Violet's annoyance.

So much for my intention of a non-violent approach, she thought.

With a wave of her hand, the whole group of soldiers encircling her – including many of the toppled over vehicles – shrunk down to microscopic proportions. They dropped their weapons, tucked tails, and ran off as far as their minuscule legs allowed when the now gigantic teen girl simply walked over them.

Another soldier stationed in a nearby sniper tower had seen it all, the supergirl's meteoric entrance and the sudden disappearance of a bunch of his comrades and vehicles. He made haste to sound the alarm.

Violet looked about as hundreds of soldiers poured out of the many barracks, most in disarray as they tried to figure out where the threat was coming from. A group of young soldiers passed Violet, squashing a good portion of their shrunken comrades with their army boots. She reached her superpowered arm out and snatched one of them like a ragdoll.

"Where is your leader?!" she spat in his face.

The young lad looked at her a bit startled, surprised by experiencing such strength coming from a slender young lady, but then lunged at Violet with his forehead to head-butting her nose. He cried out in pain. For him, the impact was like knocking his head against a concrete block. The outer layer of Violet's cute, top tilted nose was smooth and soft, but a few millimeters deeper, the soldier's head stumbled upon something impregnable for a mortal.

For Violet, the assault was barely palpable. It was only that Violet had seen the attack because if someone had sucker-punched her from behind with the same strength, then Violet would probably not have even noticed it.

"The wench! Get the wench!" the sniper screamed.

Confused, a group of soldiers looked up at their comrade as he waved and shouted at them from a nearby sniper tower. He pointed at Violet, who was busy interrogating another young soldier as she dangled him one foot above the ground with one arm.

"You speak English, don't you? Why won't you answer my question?!" Violet shook the poor guy, whipping his head back and forth.

"Useless!" She threw him away like someone threw away a wad of paper. The soldier's body flailed through the air and crashed straight through the sniper tower's foundation – toppling it whole and killing the poor boy upon impact – before hitting a stop after it nearly penetrated the thick wall of a bunker.

Multiple soldiers opened fire on Violet. The first salvo caught her off guard. Its bullets were harmless against her impregnable skin. They did pierce her clothing, though, to Violet's fury.

"You guys have any idea how much trouble it took to find these matching garments?!" Violet fumed.

An earsplitting bang behind Violet squeezed her eyes shut. She turned around and came face to face with a rugged-looking soldier with a shotgun in hand. He'd shot her point-blank against the back of her skull, messing her hair badly. And now he pulled the trigger again, spraying pellets against Violet's invulnerable, pretty face. Her hand shot out, grabbing the man's throat, nearly crushing it. The impact had zero effect on Violet's health. It did mess up her makeup pretty well, though, and sprayed smudges of charge powder all over her face.

"An hour in front of the mirror! That's how long it took to adorn this perfect face, and you destroyed it all in a split second!" Violet spat in the soldier's face – who still, despite that he was being choked, found that Violet was the most comely girl he had ever seen, powder smudges or not.

Violet shrunk the man down to a pitiful size of 2 inches and squashed him out of existence with a stomp of her boot. The supercharged smash of her foot split the earth open, zipping several fissures all over the base. One of the fissures traveled through a munition depot, creating a flashing explosion.

More soldiers finally began to understand where the threat was coming from and fired at Violet.

The beloved former superheroine was prepared now. She didn't want them to waste more of her sexy outfit. With a wave of her hand, all bullets came to a stop in midair and dropped. Another wave snatched all their rifles out of their hands. Violet rose up and soared above a group of dismayed soldiers with her hands on her hips, like a mother reprimanding her children.

"Okay, I'm going to ask you one more time. Where is your leader? I want the authority of this base, and the whole Gaza strip included, transferred to the Jews immediately!"

"B-but, miss, we are Jews. At least, many of us are." One soldier said.

Violet frowned. "Come again?"

"This is an Israelian base, miss."

Violet looked about, puzzled, and only now could she see several Israeli flags fluttering in the wind throughout the base.

Damn! I'm attacking the ones I was supposed to aid!

A grenade landed in the middle of the base, blowing up an armored truck. Then another, decimating the base's workshop. A rain of grenades followed, shelling the whole base, killing dozens. And it was not Violet's doing, neither was it the Israelis.

"Hamaaaaas!" a soldier bellowed from a tower.

Violet flew higher for a better point of view and saw a significant military force engaging the Israelian base.

Emboldened after hearing several explosions, a nearby patrolling Hamas battalion has decided this to be the best time to engage their enemies with full force.

Violet's jaw tightened with anger. Things were not supposed to happen this way. She should have been welcomed like a hero by the Israelians, but instead, they saw her as a threat and were shooting at her. From her view in the sky, she also saw a large group of Israelian soldiers forming a perimeter as a stand against the approaching Hamas forces. The thing was that they were utterly outnumbered. Lucky for them, Violet stood on their side – rather they realized it or not.

With merely the power of Violet's will, all Hamas forces, including their war vehicles, shrunk down to laughable proportions.

She pursed her luscious lips and created a prolific sandstorm by blowing the vast field of sand away. The whole Hamas battalion swirled several kilometers away together with innumerable grains of sand that were almost as large as their vehicles now were.

Satisfied, Violet clapped her hands and looked down, pretty much expecting to see the Israelians cheering for her after helping them. But instead, there was still great disarray in the base, where she saw soldiers teeming about like little ants. And they were still shooting her! The audacity!

And that was not all. Violet was also being shelled from a position on the nearby sea. Squinting her eyes, Violet saw a massive aircraft carrier bobbing near the coastline, also joining the fray. They were taking her under fire with cannons and missiles, and fighter jets were busy taking off to engage her.

Violet's eyes brimmed with fury. She had enough of all of this. Bringing her hand up, she aimed her open palm at the carrier, produced a blinding orb of energy, and shot it at sea. It impacted the middle of the hull, creating an explosion hundreds of times more potent than the biggest conventional bomb ever fabricated by mankind. The carrier was done, but Violet's anger was not sated yet, so she threw another few and, unbeknownst to her, killed thousands of American sailors.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!