- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet's family is subjected to the fury of a protesting crowd.


+++

"Murderer! Murderer! Murderer!" It chanted out of the throats of several hundred citizens pushing against the police cordon mounted in front of Violet's home.

Emma shrieked when a rock flew through her kitchen window, leaving shards all over the floor. She saw a piece of paper wrapped around it from her whimpering position on the floor next to the stove. The warmth of her husband's arm around her shoulders left her for a moment when he crawled over to the rock, removing the piece of paper.

"Don't, hon, please," Emma said.

Mother of a murderer

These words were chalked on the fumbled piece of paper with big, fat black block letters. Jimmy cursed while crushing the paper in his hand before throwing it in the bin. He regretted taking the trouble of leaving his wife to sate his curiosity for reading such rubbish.

He flinched as a loud bang made the windows rattle when a heavy firecracker exploded in their front garden. Things were escalating quickly now, by the sound of it. He heard shouts going back and forth between the citizens and the police. In this manner, it won't take long before this protest turns into a nasty riot.

Jimmy did not fear the mob outside. The only thing he feared was the durability of his daughter's tolerance. Lately, Violet's fuse has become awfully short. How long will it take before she'll loses her temper? Jimmy shivered when he thought about everything his daughter could do to these people in an enraged state.

He was very grateful for the mayor's support in this matter. Thanks to his order, Jimmy and his family could lean on the protection of the local police force. After Violet's adventure in the middle east a few days ago – whereby thousands of patriotic sailors perished by a devastating attack from the super-powered teen girl – the public started demanding Violet's arrest. Many did not believe her explanation that she wasn't aware that it was her own countrymen bobbing there in the sea.

Behind the curtain of the visible government, many big-wigs were expressing concern about Violet's powers. They felt threatened and vulnerable.

If Violet was able to blast a whole aircraft carrier to oblivion so casually, one could only imagine what she was capable of doing the moment she unleashed her full potency.

The girl was mentally unhinged, even more so after her botched, so-called 'peace operation' had morphed into an act of war that ended the lives of many military personnel coming from three different nations – one of them her own.

Globally, many influential voices started demanding Violet's arrest by the US government. Through intel, Jimmy knew that the President was willing to do so.

The opinion polls showed that his popularity was consistently declining, so the President was desperate to heed the masses' wishes. Luckily, some wise advisors nearest to him made it perfectly plain that an act like that would most likely result in a national disaster – all to the relief of Jimmy and the major.

They needed another method. One that was sufficiently alluring enough to pull Violet along but also sufficiently discreet to keep her from becoming suspicious. Violet was a clever girl, so a thing like that was already complicated. However, now they had to take her powers into account.

As long as Violet had her powers, she was unstoppable. So they needed a way to neutralize or dampen it somehow to make her vulnerable. Time is what they needed to figure it out.

No one really understood the full scope of Violet's powers. And Jimmy had a hunch that his daughter did not fully comprehend her own powers either. There was another thing Jimmy was quite confident of, though. One alarming fact.

She was becoming more powerful.

Violet wasn't at the zenith of her capabilities yet. Jimmy noticed her doing things she wasn't capable of doing before. Like, finishing his sentences when Jimmy was about to say or ask something. Sometimes, Jimmy had spoken merely two words before Violet finished the sentence he was about to speak. And on a single occasion, Violet did not even need to hear him start a sentence. She utterly said it while the sentence was still being formed in Jimmy's head.

It seemed awfully lot like mind-reading. Jimmy hoped that that wasn't the case. Such an ability was perhaps capable of evolving into mind-control. And with the sheer potency of his daughter's powers, it could mean the total submission of humanity to Violet's will. But Jimmy doubted if that wasn't already the case. In his understanding, his little girl could do anything she wanted, and no one could stop her. Violet hasn't been exposed to a nuclear explosion yet, but she'd traveled to the sun to bask in its heat and came back unscathed.

Jimmy's eyes stretched wide open in shock when the distant sound of shattering glass reached his ears. It came from the back of their house, from upstairs.

"I-is that hers?" Emma asked, a soup of concern dripping from her face.

Jimmy nodded gravely. "I'm afraid so."

Right before the protest entered a highly emotional state, Jimmy made an agreement with Violet. His daughter would refrain from interfering and let the police handle it, on the condition that no one would disturb her while she was watching one of her Netflix series with a noise-canceling headphone.

It now seemed that some clamorous protesters had found their way to their backyard. And they were throwing stones through their windows. Violet's bedroom was on that side, too, on the first floor.

Jimmy cringed when another window busted. People were shouting at each other now, calling one another to follow their example to go around the back of the house where there was no police protection. Many pairs of boots scampered over the gravel path meandering along their home. Commands were being bellowed by police officers to intercept these trouble-makers.

"Idiots! They should have anticipated that!" Jimmy's brows furrowed as he watched a row of silhouettes through the kitchen window high stepping toward their backyard.

"Hey, everyone! It's her bedroom up there!" a voice shouted. That was Jimmy's cue. He leaped up, leaving his startled wife behind in the kitchen, and dashed up the stairs – skipping as many steps as his long legs could.

He cursed when another window was smashed to pieces. It came from Violet's room. He barged into his daughter's room and looked about frantically. Shards of glass were sprawled out all over the floor from the broken window. Violet wasn't lying on her bed; the last place Jimmy had seen her before he went downstairs after their talk. Her whole bed was littered with popcorn, mingled with shards of a black porcelain bowl. Jimmy's guess was that the stone landed right on top of the bowl of popcorn resting on Violet's stomach while she was busy watching Netflix.

But where was his daughter now?

"Nooooo!" The voice of a woman shrieked. Jimmy hurried over to the shattered window to take a glance outside.

Oh my God… Jimmy thought. His daughter stood in the center of the crowd, merely dressed in a black thong – showcasing her tight, bubble butt – and a loose-fitting, grey crop-top. A guy dangled from her stretched-out arm, flailing helplessly with his legs. Violet's fingers were vise-gripping his throat. The guy gagged frantically in a vain attempt to receive a swallow of oxygen. Surprisingly enough, he could squeeze out a few words that sounded like they were pumped through a 2mm-drinking-straw.

"You k-killed my brother,"

A woman – probably the guy's mother – was screeching hysterically, crying, and doing everything within her power to stop the situation, like; urging the police officers to do something or begging Violet to stop it. But no one dared to interfere. No one but Jimmy - the only person Violet was willing to listen to.

"Violet!" he bellowed from the window. "Please!" he added, pleading with his daughter to show mercy. For a moment, Jimmy was convinced that his daughter would actually kill the guy. Then, Violet threw the guy away like a ragdoll. He flew nearly 10 meters through the air before crashing against a wooden fence belonging to one of the neighbors, toppling it. Lucky for him, he landed in the grass. His mother came running up to the guy, who was alive and well, next to a few broken bones and a severely damaged windpipe.

All eyes were on Violet again, the slender and exceptionally beautiful raven-haired girl with the powers of a God.

Jimmy realized that all these people were in fatal danger right now. There was nothing he could do anymore. The fate of these people all lay in the hands of Violet.

Jimmy saw his daughter walking casually up to a police van. Bending over – while accentuating her marvelous, tight ass for everyone to see – her hands took hold of the van's bumper. Two officers were inside still. They were just in time to exit the vehicle before Violet lifted the whole thing effortlessly above her head with just one arm. It creaked and groaned beneath its own weight while balancing on Violet's hand. Violet propelled the van in the air in one swift motion of her arm. It cannoned upwards faster than the sight could see until it was nothing more than a vague dot in the sky that eventually vanished.

It was later revealed that Violet's flying van damaged a satellite beyond repair when it crashed against it. She turned around and eyed all bystanders in silence. Then they all started shrinking, the officers and their cars included. All action-figure-sized bystanders ran off with their tiny legs, avoiding Violet's gigantic footfalls when she ambled back to her home while making sure to crush a shrunken car or two beneath her feet.

Jimmy gave a sigh of relief. True, she did a lot more than he hoped she would do, but she has not killed anyone. And that in itself already felt like a victory to Jimmy in this phase.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!