- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jimmy has to make a difficult decision when Violet's grip on the planet becomes tighter and tighter.


+++



Jimmy shook his head in disbelief while sipping from his tea. He sat on the couch, resting his feet on the table in the living room as he scrolled through various news items on his phone.

All of them conveyed the same perilous position that planet earth was in at the moment. Jimmy's daughter, Violet, was on an active conquest. Whereby she first became gradually more indifferent about the welfare of others she stumbled upon during daily life, she was now actively subjugating nations around the globe.

It all began when Violet decided to interfere with the long-lasting war between two nations in Africa in her final attempt to be a hero. It was without success that she tried to convince them to get along with each other. There always remained someone discontent, no matter who she listened to or what solution she proposed. It gave her a headache. She was at her wit's end.

Then, Violet came up with a self-stated brilliant idea. Why didn't she just force them all to shut up and live in peace?

And that is precisely what she did. First, she threatened the nation's leaders to listen to her from now on. When Violet got laughed in the face as a response, she simply destroyed their homes and killed a few family members as retribution.

As an intervention, the armed forces were sent to deal with her.

Violet annihilated them all in a matter of minutes – and thus showcased her undisputed dominance again to the rest of the already frightening world.

Both nations capitulated fairly quickly after that. But the story was not done yet, for the public did not care if their leaders handed over the nation's sovereignty to a teenage brat with the powers of a God.

So the final thing Violet had to handle to restore order in her personal society was to quell an uprising. And what better way to stimulate people to lay their weapons down than to scare the shit out of them by blasting a few cities here and there to oblivion.

Violet even shrunk some cities to take home to join her collection in her bedroom.

Both nations and their inhabitants were docile as sheep from that day forward. Their whole daily life revolved around praying and pleasing the brat Goddess. There even circulated stories about the sprouting of cultish communities throughout both countries that regarded Violet as a deity who deserved nothing less than to be worshipped accordingly. It did not take long before the commencement of multiple projects kicked off, all devoted to the veneration of Violet.

The global community witnessed the situation with deep concern and repugnance. Where would this all end?

Small countries worldwide sought protection from Violet's strength, with China, India, Russia, Europe's unified Nato, and the United States—ironically, Violet's homeland—providing it.

However, this intervention proved futile because it did not stop Violet from imposing her twisted ideas of world peace on several other nations around the globe.

These so-called earlier-mentioned powerhouses all stood on the sideline while these events unfolded in front of their eyes. No world leader dared to make a move against Violet and ignite her wrath.

People hungered for a sense of security, and when they realized that no one could give them that, they threw their pride out of the window and reached out to the devil herself - the brat Goddess.

Every nation under Violet's control was left unmolested by the superpowered teen and the rest of the world. Thus it became more tempting by the day to just accept Violet's reign and be done with it.

Jimmy's hiking shoes clumped upon the stairs as he made his way to the second floor. It was high time to get down to business. He held a mug of steaming hot tea in his hand that he meant to give to his daughter.

His fingers groped about in his pants pocket, checking to feel if the vial containing the power-neutralizing substance was still there.

A surge of disappointment coursed through his body when his fingers made contact with the pointy end of the vial in his pocket.

He secretly hoped it wasn't there, giving him a legal reason to postpone the horrible act he was about to commit – poisoning his own daughter for the sake of the world.

There were no more excuses anymore. Almost one-fifth of the civilized world was already conquered by Violet – some forcefully, some willingly. Jimmy had to act now, or all of humanity would be enslaved by his Goddess of a daughter and delivered to her juvenile whims.

Jimmy fished the vial out of his pocket and held it in front of his eyes, scrutinizing it. Its substance will most probably neutralize the powers Violet's body gained when exposed to the UX40 ooze – or so the mayor claimed.

98% success rate… Jimmy thought back at the conversation he had with the mayor earlier this week.

It will also almost certainly kill his daughter. His precious princess. It was either that or letting the world become Violet's personal playground.

Jimmy approached Violet's door and emptied the vial's content in the mug of steaming tea before letting his knuckles do the knocking.

The music, blasting through the door, was turned down a few notches. An uncontrollable craving coursed through Jimmy's body, driving him to his knees. He fought with all his might against giving in to it but failed.

It was a force he felled more frequently lately, primarily when he was in the vicinity of his daughter.

He groaned when he landed on his knees, spilling some hot tea over his hand. Then the door swung open.

Violet frowned, looking down upon her kneeling father. "Lost something there, Dad?" she said.

Jimmy strained all of his willpower to stand up straight. "Nah, I was just tying my shoelace, that's all." He lied with a forced smile, even though he knew darn well that Violet would see straight through such an ill-attempted act of trying to conceal his inner feelings.

Violet gave him no note that she knew that his words were bullshit. She merely gave him a warm smile, causing Jimmy's knees to buckle again. He was completely mesmerized when he glared into the sparkling eyes of his daughter.

His princess, his angel, his everything. It felt like yesterday that she was just still a toddler, stepping about with wobbly steps. And now he saw a grown woman with superpowers on a ruthless path to subjugate each and every single human on the planet.

Violet looked so celestial, like an immaculate angel from the heavens, with raven strands framing a perfectly symmetric face.

It felt only appropriate to Jimmy to subjugate himself to Violet, to bow before her and serve her every beck and call. Staring directly into her eyes without consent felt like blasphemy to him now.

My beautiful daughter deserves to be worshipped without restraint. She's a Goddess!

"No!" Jimmy shook his head, refusing to give in to these increasingly pervasive thoughts.

We're all beneath her. Less than dust even.

"Noooo," he screamed again, more forcefully this time.

"No, what, Dad?" Violet chuckled, looking at him puzzled. "What's the matter with you?"

"Sorry, sweety. I mean, how are you? What are you doing?" He forced a smile.

Violet gave him an enigmatic smile, making Jimmy believe that she was deliberately pulling off this whole thing rather than it being all due to some innate ability she didn't know about.

She's mentally torturing me. And she enjoys it.

Violet turned around and walked up to her window, folding her hands on her back while looking out.

Jimmy entered her room and gandered at a grand glass showcase stationed on one side of the wall containing a miniature landscape of unimaginable small scale. Everything Violet had shrunk down so far. There must be living tens of millions of people on that little square. Jimmy recognized several prominent cities from around the globe and their famous landmarks.

"Pretty neat, huh?" Violet said while still staring out of the window.

"I guess…" Jimmy answered, shrugging.

Violet turned around, gloating at him with a sardonic grin Jimmy had seen her often doing while torturing her brother.

"I wasn't talking about that, Dad," Violet nodded her head in the miniature society's direction while walking up to him. "I'm talking about this."

Jimmy groaned when his knees hit the floor. His body keeled over when his head wanted nothing more than to touch the dust sprawled out on the floor at Violet's feet. He heard Violet giggling above him.

"I can make you want anything I want, Dad," Violet stated proudly, clenching a fist. "And soon, I'll be able to do that on a massive scale. Can you imagine?"

"And this is what you want?" Jimmy gritted while his lips had the compelling urge to kiss the pointy end of his daughter's boot, his Goddess.

Violet crouched down, lifting her father's head up by the chin, making him look into her soul-slurping eyes.

"You're all here to serve me, Dad. Even you," Violet whispered, "I deserve this. I'm special."

"You're a mass murderer!" Jimmy fumed.

"Yes, I am. But only because they refuse to accept. But they will. All of them."

Violet stood up and walked up to her window, opening it. A strong wind waved her raven hair.

Feeling Violet's mental clutches leaving his body, Jimmy was eventually able to stand up.

"Don't do this, honey. This is not what you want."

Violet smiled at her father. "I love you, Dad." She blew him a kiss before blasting off into the air, ready to declare war on the world's strongest nation all by herself.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!