- Text Size +
"My Little Girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 11: Dinner and a movie

So where did you take a 3 inch tall girl on a dinner date? Preferably somewhere you couldnt be noticed, preferably somewhere quick and convenient and preferably somewhere...

"How about Wendy's?" Jen asked, breaking my focus for a moment so that I could look down at her laying in my cup holder, her hands pressed along the circular backing to stay from laying completely flat.

"Wendy's?" I asked, "yeah, I could go for some Wendys"

"Yeah, I mean..." Jen added, starting to get up but the motion from the car made it hard for her to remain upright so she eventually settled on sitting again, "...if you wanted to go somewhere fancier we could, it's just that, well we've got a movie to catch, plus I was thinking we could stop at the drive thru and avoid the embarassment of going in... y'know, so that it's just the 2 of us in your car"

"You had me at 'Wendy's', Jen" I joked, "no need to explain further"

With that, I pulled into the nearest Wendy's parking lot, which wouldn't you know it, was barely a mile away from the movie theater we planned on going to. I pull into line, doing my usual 'pondering of the menu' before deciding on an order.

"What do you want, Jen?" I asked. She sort of shrugged before answering.

"It's not like it'll take much to fill me up at this size" she said, "If you got a 4 piece chicken nugget, I could probably just munch on one of those"

"You sure?" I asked.

"Bobby, it's not like I could fit one in my mouth anyway" Jen laughed. Sometimes I forgot about the painfully obvious limitations of her size. "I'd have to take such small bites, it'd be like eating a whole chicken"

"True" I said, feeling kind of dumb for asking.

We pulled up to the drive thru and I made my order, getting myself a massive baconator and some chicken nuggets to share with my tiny girlfriend who was tucked away in my cupholder. After I had secured our food, I pull over to park and shut off the car. There are several moments of silence, during which Jen and I just exchange glances before deciding to begin our meal.

I reach over for the bag on my passenger seat and pull out the 4 piece nuggets, setting the box near my cupholder, but somewhat out of reach of Jen, unless she were to climb over it. Realizing that, I open the box and pull one out, about to let Jen take it before I hear her exclaim.

"Wow! That's hot" she said, putting her hand over her face.

"Oh I'm sorry!" I yelped, panicking as I pulled the nugget out of her face. I hadn't realized that the heat of the nugget to someone her size was probably scorching. I noticed a small bit of sweat already forming on the side of her face.

"It's okay" she chuckled, not seeming as phased by this occurance as I was, "I just wasn't expecting that. I'll probably just wait for it to cool down, so feel free to chow down on your baconator"

"Okay" I said, unwrapping the big sandwich, "but I should warn you, this won't be pretty"

"Is it ever?" Jen said, giving me a blunt look before cracking up laughing. I did the same and proceeded to take a bite.

The whole time I ate the sandwich though, I couldn't stop thinking about what it mustve looked like to Jen from her perspective. Eating a baconator is always messy and usually ends up with ketchup droppings and grease sliding down your fingers. To Jen, I probably looked like some kind of behemoth devouring a giant burger, every embarassing detail being amplified by our comparitive sizes. I take a pause from eating.

"What's the matter?" Jen asked.

"Sorry, I just feel weird eating without you eating too..." I admitted, "plus... I don't know, I feel kind of gross"

"Oh c'mon Bobby, it's no big deal" Jen said. "Don't worry about it"

I took another bite at her request but I still didn't feel quite right about it. I guess I was just overthinking it. It's just that I wanted to be a perfect gentleman no matter what, and eating a giant baconator in front of my 3" tall girlfriend didn't exactly leave a great impression. I make sure that I've thoroughly wiped my hands with the included napkin in the bag before attempting to give Jen back the chicken nugget which feels a lot more tempid compared to before. Jen grasps the nugget in her hands but has trouble lifting it and it falls to her feet, standing up at a height a couple inches more than her own.

"You gonna be okay eating that?" I asked her, watching her struggle to hold it up while also lunging for it with her mouth.

"You worry too much... whoop!" she gasped, losing her balance so that the "giant" chicken nugget toppled on top of her. She took it in stride though, and took this opportunity to sink her teeth into the fallen nugget and make a rather adorable dent in the side of it in the shape of a bite mark. I couldn't help but laugh, although I felt bad, so I reached to help her, but she protested. "Heh, you don't always have to help me"

"Well no, of course not" I said, stammering again, "it's just that..."

"I'm fine" Jen re-iterated and made a second incision into the chicken with her teeth. At this rate she'd be finishing eating her giant size meal before I even got halfway through my normal sized one. Between bites, I hear Jen ask, "So, what movie were you thinking of seeing?"

"I don't know actually..." I admitted, "the whole idea to even see a movie just kind of hit me"

"Oh, I see" Jen said, pausing so that she could take another bite and then speaking again, "It's too bad that John's been screwing things up"

"Well I wouldn't say that nessecarily" I said, finally devouring another portion of the baconator, "I mean he might've driven us from the mall but at least we're still together and on a great date together"

"Yeah..." she admitted, blushing a bit, "You're right...so I guess it doesn't really matter what movie we see"

"Hey, as you'd say," I joked, "we're sure to think of something..."

Several nuggets later, Jen and I finally made it to the movie theater with about 20 minutes to go until the nighttime showings began. Among the choices were some really lame, campy action movies (some of which I admittedly liked), a couple sappy romantic flicks and a comedy starring Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy.

Jen shrugged from within my pocket and said, "It doesn't matter to me, what would you like to see?"

To be honest, I probably would've preferred to see 'Attack of Alien-Trons from Outer Space" but that was a bit too.... lame... for a date. Instead I'm looking over some of the other choices before I hear Jen suggest something.

"How about 'Small-Hearted'?" Jen asked, looking at one of the romantic films. I cringed at the idea though.

The movie 'Small-Hearted' was about a couple who had been together for a while, and just before the guy is about to propose, the woman finds out that she has a rare disease that's going to make her shrink down in size. Knowing this, the guy still proposes and agrees to marry her and take care of her no matter what. From what I gathered though, it was still a tragic tale because the woman remains small for the rest of her life.

"Are you sure...?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable about the movie for obvious reasons.

"Yeah, it looked interesting and I kinda wanted to see it" Jen said, "unless of course, you're too uncomfortable with the idea"

"No I mean, I'm not" I said nervously, "I'm not the one who's small and -- oh geez, I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry, I just --"

Jen laughed. "Bobby it's okay, really! You need to stop thinking you're going to offend me! I think we should see the movie. Besides, our situation's not the same really, and if you really feel that bad, we could just go into a restroom and switch sizes again"

"Ha, you wish" I said joking.

Jen gasped mockingly, "Oh, I see how it is"

"Indeed you do" I said, not realizing that I had crept to the front of the line in the theater and it appeared I was talking to noone. I quickly glanced at the employee behind the window and said "uh... 2 for 'Small Hearted'"

The employee gave me a weird look, not just for the prior 'conversation' with myself, but for the fact that I was buying 2 tickets for seemingly 1 person. Then the realization dawned on me that Jen was so small that noone would've suspected looking for her in my pocket. I could've just snuck her into the damn movie without buying a second ticket.

"Wait..." I heard Jen say from my pocket, "Technically, I'm so small, you wouldn't have to..."

"Yeah I know" I groaned.

"Well still it's sweet" Jen chuckled.

"Sweet?"

"Yeah, that even though you couldve gotten away with getting into the movie without paying for one of us, you still did" Jen said, and then referenced the title of the movie by saying "I think that makes you LARGE hearted"

We both laughed and I heard a scattering of laughter from the audience gathered in the theater, but they were laughing at the preview on screen. Among their laughs, I thought I heard a familiar one but I just figure I'm being paranoid and sit down towards the middle-back portion of the theater which wasn't as clustered and crowded as other parts.

"Boy this movie is more crowded than I thought" I said

"What? You figure movies about small people weren't important?" Jen asked. Again we laughed.

About 20 minutes later, the previews ended and the main feature began. It was very dramatic, and a bit dark too. The movie made it seem like someone was going to die the whole time, but it never quite came to that. Instead there are several somber scenes in which Maria, the main character is diagnosed with a debilitating disease but she's in denial the whole time, even as her clothes get too big and things around her start looking taller. Her boyfriend is told by the doctors to try to treat her as normal as possible, but as the movie drags on, she gets too small to do most normal things and he ends up having to carry her from place to place.

We were about 2/3 into the movie when I heard someone getting up from their seat and shuffling up the aisle. It was a tad distracting but what made it even worse and broke my focus entirely was that the person was...

"Sarah!" I gasped, in a whispered tone, hiding Jen (who had been perched in the cup holder) with my hand as Sarah leaned over with a smile to confirm it was me. Indeed, she had come to see us, but what was she doing there?

"Hey Bobby" she said, in a victorious tone, as if she had uncovered some great secret and felt proud of herself. "I assume that's little Jen with you?"

"Shhh" I said loudly, prompting some people around me to shush as well. "What are you doing here?"

"Same thing you are" Sarah said, "I'm out on a date"

"Oh really? With who?" I asked.

"His name's Jack, he's really cool" she said. Jen and I instantly turned pale in the face and gave each other concerned looks which prompted Sarah to keep questioning us, "Do... you know him?"

"Y-You could say that" I said.

"Well what do you know about him?" Sarah asked.

I was about to answer when I saw him coming up the aisle himself... Jack. I quickly took Jen and slid her into my pocket, with her not minding that it may or may not have hurt her.

"Hey babe" I heard him say, urging her to turn back. I gave her the signal to move away from us, as I didn't want Jack seeing Jen, or me for that matter. "You get the popcorn yet?"

Sarah nodded in agreement and went back to him, "Heh, sorry hon, I got distracted, I'll get it"

Sarah left the theater to get the popcorn and I sunk deep into my seat to avoid being seen. I think he may have seen me because he scanned over the crowd and stared especially long at my section of the movie theater. As soon as Sarah came back with the popcorn and Jack showed her to their seat again, I quickly shuffled out of the movie theater, causing several people next to me to groan in frustration as I blocked their view of the screen momentarily. This, of course drew more attention to my less than subtle exit.

I finally made it out with Jen in my pockets, which were thankfully larger due to the fact that I had been wearing the new cargo pants. I get Jen back into my car and we both let out a sigh of relief, not even caring that we missed the end of the movie.

I place Jen back in the cupholder slowly and we both look up at each other, taking a moment to catch our breaths.

"She's dating Jack?" I exclaimed.

"Apparently!" Jen sighed, sounding very panicked, "why would she date him? And how does he even KNOW her?"

"I don't know... I don't know..." I said, looking back and forth between the movie theater building and Jen down on my cup holder, "should I go back in? Try to warn her? Try to break them up or something?"

"No, are you nuts?" Jen exclaimed, "we... we can't do that! I know she's our friend and we need to look out for her but we can't expose ourselves, not right now"

"Well then what do we do?" I asked.

"We'll see her again on Monday, we'll talk to her then" Jen said, "when he isn't around"

"But what if she brings him with her? What if theyre a couple now?" I asked, "This is insane"

"I know..." Jen sighed, biting her lip "and almost a little too convenient"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well first Jack shows up out of the blue" Jen explained, "I hadn't seen him in a good couple years. Then he tries to get together with me and forces himself on me unexpectedly... he gives up on me suddenly and then moves on to date our only mutual female friend..."

"So you think he may be using her to get to you?" I asked.

"I don't know what he's doing, but it's not going to work" Jen said.

After several moments remaining in a silenced panic mode, I finally stop gazing into the darkness and look back at Jen. This was our date, after all. We had still had a great time besides incredibly unlucky run-ins with our 2 good friends, one of whom was on a date with the girl we pawned off on him, while the other was off on a date with a jerk guy that had already tried to get with Jen. Could this night get any weirder?

"Maybe we should just go home" I heard Jen say.

"Oh" I said, sounding kind of dissapointed.

"Well, don't think we're done with our date yet... I was just hoping we could spend some..." she said, then biting her lip and looking up at me with a smile, "...alone time... if you know what I mean"

"Oh..." I said with a smile. In that instant, I almost completely forgot about Jack and that whole fiasco and turned my car's ignition on. I had no idea what Jen had in mind although I had a clue and I could only hope that I was right. The question is... was I ready?