- Text Size +
"My Little Girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 2: Daydreams and familiar faces

"Jen, please don't cry..." I said, giving my girlfriend a sympathetic look as she wept solemnly, sitting on top of my dresser. She looked so cute sitting there, her legs dangling off the edge as she wore a lustrous red dress, her hair done up as if she were some disney princess. The only flaw on her face were the streams of tears that gushed from her eyes.

"I just don't know why you had to tell your parents about me... and about my size..." she cried again, her voice nearly muted by her overwhelming sobs.

"I had no choice, Jen!" I answered, kneeling down so my eyes were level with her, "they were wondering where I was, why I was out so often and why I wasn't always sleeping in my bed"

Of course, on certain nights, when Jen was normal size, I would be forced to stay at her house, and her parents were none the wiser. I could only pretend to be sleeping over at John's house so often, so I finally had no choice but to come clean. I told my parents that I had a girlfriend named Jen and of course, they were ecstatic to meet her but I also had to add that she was 3 inches tall and that at times, I'd take her place.

At first, my parents thought this was total bullshit, but it was hard to deny the facts when I showed them photos of us together, her at 3 inches high and occasionally myself tiny as well. Once they found out the truth it was only a matter of time before they called Jen's parents and the truth was revealed. But this would be the first time that my parents would meet Jen in person, and she was extremely nervous.

"I understand..." Jen sighed, "We've both had to give up a lot, living like this, and I can't tell you how grateful I am, for everything you've done"

"Don't sell yourself short, Jen" I said with a smile, gently lifting her off of the dresser and giving her a small kiss on the cheek, "you've brought a lot of joy into my life, and I'm normally very afraid of showing girls off to my parents, but you...? Well you'll be fine"

Jen gave me a meek smile and wiped her tears. I wasn't sure if my pep talk had raised her confidence at all, but at least she wasn't crying anymore.

"Okay... mom, dad..." I sighed, holding Jen behind my back, "I have Jen ready to meet you, but she's a little nervous..."

"Oh I understand..." my mom said. She was always the understanding one. I could've told her my girlfriend was some kind of monster and she'd still understand, assuming I loved her.

"C'mon, let's go down to the dinner table" my dad instructed, trying to break the ice. I walked down, with Jen still somewhat concealed and I could hear her let little sighs of anguish escape.

"It'll be okay..." I whispered.

"Let's just enjoy our dinner, okay?" my mom added, and then asked, "Jen...? Dear? You ready to show yourself?"

I slowly pull Jen out from behind my back and place her on the dinner table. She looked so gorgeous in her red dress and high heels which clicked against the table as she walked.

"Bobby, she's beautiful" my mom said, giving me an approving type of nod. My dad looked utterly shocked, but he too, didn't seem displeased.

"H-Hi" Jen chuckled, and while she could barely speak, she was making the right kind of impression on my parents.

"Hi Jen" my mom said, in her usual cheerful voice. It was odd that Jen being 3 inches high didn't change the way my mom treated her. She was talking to Jen just as she would've talked to any friend of mine.

"So uh, what are we having?" Jen asked, nervously pacing around the table.

"Why, take your place at the table, Jen" my mom instructed, showing Jen a small plate that was off to the side where I had been sitting. My mom had prepared a small turkey dinner and had already cut Jen a few scraps. I smiled and looked at my mom with a grateful look in my eye as I sat down.

"So how long have you 2 been going out?" my dad asked.

"Just a week or so" I answered for her, realizing that she was still getting over the shock. She hated being seen by others in her tiny form, but at least my parents had been nice about it.

"Well, I really like your dress, Jen" my mom commented.

"Oh... heh... thanks" Jen chuckled looking up at my mom and then glancing up at me as my parents sat down and got settled in.

"Hey Bobby... I just thought of something..." my mom said, "why would you let your date be the tiny one tonight? she's the guest after all"

"Heh... I suppose you're right..." I sighed, realizing where she was going.

"No... it's okay" Jen said, meekly.

"Nonsense... Bobby, switch sizes with her" my mom said, in her stern voice. I chuckled nervously and looked down at her. I had never shrunk in front of my parents before.

"O-Ok..." I sighed and nervously looked down at her, trying to go through with the transformation.

"It's okay, Bobby, you don't have to..." Jen started.

"No, it's no problem at all, right Bobby?" my mom asked, adding further pressure to my situation as I tried desperately to concentrate. I wanted her to be big, I really did, but something about being small in front of my family worried me.

"Ok, here goes nothing..." I sighed.

"Bobby!!"

"HUH?" I said, suddenly startled by Jen's booming voice. I looked up and all around to realize I was still tucked into her pocket. "Jen?"

"Oh good, you're awake" Jen said, and I could hear only sounds of dishes clanking in the background, along with her voice.

I must've drifted off for a while there.

"Yeah, what happened?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just worried about ya" Jen said, and then I heard the sound of sizzling and smelt freshly grilled steaks, before hearing Jen proclaim, "Here ya go"

"Thank you very much" I heard, as one of many responses clamoring around a crowded table of patrons.

"Sounds like youre a big hit around here" I said, from inside Jen's pocket.

"What'd you say?" Jen asked, as she kept walking.

"Never mind" I sighed, realizing how hard it was for her to hear me from inside her pocket, and me at 3 inches high.

"Oh hey Sarah" I heard Jen say again. "How can I help you?"

"I'll take a number 3 combo meal and uh... what's in your pocket" Sarah chuckled. I couldn't see much of anything, still being tucked away from sight, but just hearing Sarah's voice left me annoyed. I wasn't a toy, and I didn't get why she treated me this way, since she was normally a very good friend of mine.

"Sarah... leave him alone..." Jen said.

"No, I'm serious..." Sarah said, "I mean he must be bored just chilling in your pocket..."

Actually, she was right on that account.

"Sarah, maybe another time... just not right now... now did you want fries with that?" Jen asked.

"No, I'll just eat him without" Sarah chuckled and then decided to be serious "yes... I'll have the fries"

"Thanks, now it'll just be a few minutes" Jen said and stormed off. I could tell she was trying to defend me but I almost didn't blame Sarah for that one, she was just trying to be a good friend to me. Although the whole eating me with fries part was unnessecary.

Later that night, the restaurant cleared out and Jen was free to go. At long last she undid her apron and set it aside so that I could see the outside world. She waited until her boss had left and stepped outside.

Just outside of Fin's Cafe was a lovely porch area with tables and parasols. It was a little after sunset and the darkness in the sky was increasing as Jen settled into a seat, taking me out of her pocket and setting me down on the table. She had a look of distress on her face.

"You okay?" I asked, looking up at her as she placed her elbow on the table and glanced downwards at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine... just kinda tired..." she sighed.

"Heh, welcome to work" I said, giving her an encouraging smile, "Youll be fine"

"I know... it's just funny..." Jen said with a chuckle, "I missed you the whole day, and you were in my pocket the whole time"

"Well I'm here now..." I said, as she kept her eyes fixated on me. There seemed to be a fascination from one another about seeing the other small. I know when Jen was small, I found myself checking her out a lot, "so... what do you want to talk about?"

"I just can't believe it, Bobby..." Jen said, brushing her hair from her eyes, before adjusting her view back down on me on the table.

"What?" I asked.

"How long we've been able to do this" Jen said, "You've been so kind about everything, you've never complained, you've been such a great boyfriend... much better than I could've ever expected... and for you to make the sacrafices you've made... it's just amazing"

"You're amazing too, Jen" I said, and laid down so that my back was sitting against her elbow. "Heh, remember the night you first met my parents?"

"Oh geez, I was so nervous!" Jen exclaimed and then moved her elbow, without thinking, so I fell backwards, "oh gosh! I'm so sorry"

"Hey, no worries" I said, standing up and brushing myself off, "I guess one gets used to being small after a while..."

"This is true" Jen said, and finally looked at something other than me, focusing her attention out towards the sea which receded into the infinite distance where the sun was setting before us.

I looked out at the ocean as well, when suddenly I heard another voice call out from afar.

"Jen?" the voice said. Jen and I exchanged nervous looks before I hid behind the parasol post and watched as a mysterious figure approached the table.

"J-Jack?" Jen exclaimed, a slight smile crossing her face before she exploded with glee, giving him a big hug, "Jack! I didn't know you still went to Avery Point!"

"Well when I heard you were here, I couldn't help but visit!" he said.

The guy was a couple inches taller than Jen and had jet black hair, and admittedly, was a nice looking guy. He was wearing a black leather coat with a blue t-shirt underneath. I wanted to ask him what the hell was going on, but I couldn't reveal myself to anyone like this. Suddenly he made his way over to the seat next to Jen so I had to hide on the other side of the pole to avoid being seen.

"Is this seat taken?" Jack asked, pulling out the chair.

"Uh, no... go ahead" Jen said, and Jack sat down. I hung my head and sighed. My one opportunity at alone time with Jen for a while and it was interuppted by this clown.

"Jen, I'm so glad you're okay" Jack said, "when I heard you went missing, I just..."

"I know" Jen sighed, "its been a difficult few years but I'm so glad to be done with it and back at Avery Point"

"And I'm glad you're back as well" Jack smiled and put his hand on Jen's. I gave her a glare and she retracted her hand, chuckling nervously.

"Heh, sorry, Jack" Jen said, still chuckling nervously, "I have a boyfriend now..."

"Oh? Well that's great, glad to hear it..." Jack said, "I just didn't think you'd be dating someone so soon..."

"What do you mean?" Jen asked.

"Well yknow after what happened with Andy..." Jack sighed, referring to Andy's recent arrest after he had tried to assault Jen. The whole vision of it haunted me from time to time.

"Oh yeah..." Jen said, also trying to clear his brooding image from her mind. "But this new boyfriend of mine... he's really great..."

I cracked a small smile.

"Oh is that so?" Jack said, "I'll have to meet him sometime"

"Heh, okay..." Jen chuckled nervously. I remained hidden, knowing that would never happen. Then the 2 of them glanced out at the sunset. "It sure is beautiful, isnt it?"

"Yeah you are..." Jack sighed, and I growled under my breath, for he was taking my line. "Did you hear something?"

"Uh no, mustve been the wind" Jen said nervously as I sighed miserably. Apparently I was just the wind now.

"Well hey, I'll see you around" Jack said, "glad you're okay"

Jack and Jen hugged one more time and he took off. I remained silent for several seconds as Jen tried to get my attention.

"Bobby, you okay?" she asked.

"Me? Heh, yeah Im fine, why wouldnt I be fine?" I asked.

"Jack's just an old friend of mine" Jen said, "no big deal, right?"

"Oh no, of course not" I said.

Not a big deal at all...