- Text Size +
"My little girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 4: It don't mean jack


"Jen, I'm so sorry..." I exhaled, having apologized about 8000 times at this point, as we were now walking up the stairs to our hideout, with Sarah walking beside me. Jen resided in her extended hand, giving me a complete silent treatment. I had never seen her so angry.

To make up for what happened, I told her I'd let her be normal sized for the rest of the day, as well as the next day which was her next scheduled time to be that size.

Too bad that wouldn't be enough to earn her forgiveness at this point.

"C'mon Jen..." I sighed, trying to keep a calm tone with her even as my frustration mounted. It wasn't my fault that Ashley just HAD to tag along. I didn't even know her, and she just popped out of nowhere... what was I supposed to do? Say no?

"You could've lied..." Jen muttered.

"Huh?"

"YOU COULD'VE LIED!!" Jen screamed, prompting both Sarah and I to hush her, so noone would hear, "YOU COULD'VE LIED TO HER AND SAID YOU WERE DOING SOMETHING ELSE... YOU COULD'VE MADE SOMETHING UP LIKE YOU LIED ABOUT SARAH BEING YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

"Jen... I..." I sighed, realizing she was right. I was a terrible liar though... and even though Ashley might not have known me long enought to realize it, I just couldn't lie. It was one of the things I had a lot of trouble with. Ironically, I also couldn't trust... yet I had lied in telling Ashley that Sarah was my girlfriend.

"It's fine..." Jen said, giving me a contemptive scowl as Sarah set her down on the ground.

"Well I wouldn't HAVE to have lied to her if you weren't so AFRAID of people seeing you tiny" I exclaimed, and then realized I shouldn't have said that.

"Whatever" Jen said, crossing her arms as she stood on the floor. Even at 3 inches high, I felt threatened by her, which is why I kind of didn't mind switching sizes with her. I was already scared enough.

I let out a sigh and looked down at her but I realized nothing I said or did would save me now. I was still going to try to make her happy at least by letting her be normal sized.

I closed my eyes and noticed she quickly started growing. Normally, there was that awkrard pause before anything happened but this time, the effects triggered right away. She soon stood at just an inch shorter than me.

"Jen... I..." I said, hoping for at least a small hug or something before I'd shrink down, but I didn't get it.

Instead I watched fearfully as she grew before my eyes, her glare following me as I got lower and lower, until finally she towered over me once again.

"Wow if I ever got mad at my boyfriend, I'd just slap him, but you...." Sarah chuckled, "you shrunk him"

"Sarah, get out" Jen said, in a very solemn tone as she did something I didn't see coming. She picked me up from the back of my shirt, a very painful position as I hung by the thread of my garment, being dangled before her glaring eyes.

"O-Ok" Sarah said and quickly left.

I chuckled nervously, drops of sweat pouring down my face and body.

"D-D-Did I ever mention you look cute when you're mad?" I chuckled, my lip quivering with genuine fear as she continued to hold me in her vice grip. I had never seen her like this before.

Without saying a word she lowered me into her pocket and began walking, not being particularly careful about how she walked or about the fact that she had scrunched me up in there.

After much silence, we get back to her car and she flops into the seat, sort of crushing me against it as her pocket turned sideways around me. I let out a weak muffled squeak.

"Oh, sorry" Jen said, still speaking in a sort of careless voice as she removed me from her pocket and set me down in her cup holder again.

"Jen...I..." I sighed.

"I just can't believe you'd invite some strange girl on our date..." Jen sighed.

"Hey, you told Sarah about it..." I sighed with helplessness, realizing that anything I said could and would be turned against me.

"That's different, Bobby!" Jen said, "Sarah's our friend and knows about our... situation..."

"So you mean I can never hang around with anyone but you and Sarah and maybe Kim again?" I asked, "I have to hide everything from everyone..."

Jen remained silent for some time, as she drove.

"I didn't say that..." Jen sighed.

"I mean, what if Ashley and I become friends, are you gonna never let me see her because of this?" I asked, "I should be entitled to see a friend of mine once in a while"

Just then, an evil smile crossed Jen's face. I was actually surprised to see her smiling again so soon. I was either in deeper trouble or... well actually that WAS the only possibility.

"You're right, Bobby" Jen said, reaching for her cell phone.

"Wh-What do you mean?" I asked, growing nervous. I hated not knowing what was gonna happen next.

"Well we should be able to see our friends, and you got to see Ashley today, so it's only fair I get to see a friend of MINE" Jen said.

"Well, Ashley's not really a..."

"So, I'm gonna call up Jack" she said, opening her cell phone.

"You're gonna what?" I exclaimed, feeling nervous. I really didn't care for that guy.

"Yeah, why not?" she said, "I mean, we're allowed to see each other's friends, right? And Jack is just a friend of mine..."

"I...suppose..." I sighed, realizing that she had caught me in my own trap, but then I discover a possible way out, "but wait, you don't have his number"

"I don't?" Jen asked, flipping it on to her phone. "I got it from Sarah while you were in class... apparently theyre friends, too"

I sighed nervously.

"But... you can't call him..." I stuttered.

"Why can't I call him?" Jen smirked, holding the phone with his number already dialed, about to push "SEND".

"Because I... I... isn't there any way we can work this out?" I asked.

"I don't see what there is to work out" Jen said, giving me a mock smile, "You got to see your friend, Ashley... I should get to see my friend, Jack"

"But Ashley wasn't even my friend!" I exclaimed, "she just tagged along!"

"Well, same thing" Jen smiled and then added, "so I'll hang out with Jack tomorrow, ok?"

"No...please... you can't call him..." I sighed feeling very nervous, so I just blurted out, "I WON'T LET YOU!"

Jen chuckled.

"Yeah, I won't let you... I forbid you to call him" I squeaked.

Jen laughed again.

"You forbid me?" Jen laughed, "no offense but that's a pretty hollow threat"

"Wh-What do you mean?" I asked, realizing already where she was going with this.

"Bobby, you're 3 inches tall right now" Jen said, "You couldn't even take the phone out of my hand if you were on it"

"Well I..." I stuttered. I realized I was screwed as all hell.

"So with that in mind..." Jen said, finally pushing SEND.

"JEN PLEASE DON'T!" I screamed.

Jen attempted to hush me.

"Hi, Jack?" Jen said, after some time had passed.

"JEN, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!! IM BEGGING YOU!!" I screamed, my tiny voice about as shrill as it could be.

"Oh... that's just my brother..." Jen chuckled, "never mind him"

"Jen, I don't want you seeing him!!" I screamed again but it was no use. I was running out of breath and Jen was tiring of my "tough guy" act.

Jen glared down at me and I continued to scream. Finally she picked me up tightly between her 2 fingers.

"Put me down!!" I shrieked as she pulled me over towards her glove compartment and opened it.

"Yeah, Jack, I was hoping we could get together" Jen said, keeping a calm tone on the phone as she shoved me into her glove compartment.

"JEN!!" I screamed, "YOU CAN'T --"

She had then already slammed the glove compartment door in my face. I sighed and could only see darkness as I overheard their conversation.

"So 4 o clock tomorrow?" Jen said, "that's great... yeah no problem... oh him? yeah he'll be fine with it. He wants us to be able to hang out with our friends once in a while"

Yeah, right.

It was useless to try screaming anymore. My actions were fairly meaningless at my size, and to think, it was me who volunteered to shrink in the first place. Had it been reversed just now, I definitely could've stopped her from calling Jack, but then again, I couldn't bear to do anything mean to Jen when she was small -- or anytime, really.

After some time to cool down, Jen finally opened the glove compartment and for the first time in a long time, actually had a compassionate look on her face.

"Bobby, I'm sorry" Jen said and extended her hand. I could've been a jerk and just refused to step onto it, but what good would that have done me? Instead, I let her carry me out of the car.

"Whatever" I sighed.

"Don't start getting mad at me, Bobby" Jen said, "You're the one who said we could hang out with whoever we wanted..."

"You completely took that out of context..." I sighed.

"I don't see how..." Jen replied, "at least you've met Jack before... well sort of, I had never seen Ashley before you dragged her along"

"I didn't DRAG her along" I said, "She..."

"Yeah yeah, I know" Jen said, as she took me into her room. "But I am still hanging out with Jack... I'm sorry. I haven't seen him in a while and well, it'd be nice to catch up"

"But what about me?" I asked, "if I'm stuck tiny for that, what are you gonna do with me?"

"I don't know..." Jen chuckled, "Why don't you just have your new best friend Ashley carry you around town?"

"Okay, enough..." I sighed.

"I don't know, I'll probably have Sarah take care of you for a little while..." Jen replied.

"Oh god no --" I gulped.

"Well it's either her or Kim" Jen said, and then was called into the other room by her parents. "I'll be right back"

So I sat alone in the semi-darkness (it was around dusk) and pondered what to do. I guess I had to be mature and let Jen hang out with Jack. I could trust her -- it was him I was worried about. I was always worried about those "smooth" kind of guys and Jack had a certain confidence that I didn't like at all, especially for someone who was friends with my girlfriend. Then again, it didn't help that the exact type of guy had managed to steal my only other girlfriend away.

Speaking of which --

There was another ring, coming from my cell phone so I picked it up, and it was none other than my ex, Kim.

"Hey" I sighed.

"Hey, how's it going?" Kim asked, "you over Jen's house right now?"

"Yeah, actually" I said.

"Cool, tell her I said hi" Kim said.

"Sure..." I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" Kim asked.

"Actually... well... we can talk about it tomorrow" I said.

"Tomorrow?"

"If you don't mind..." I said, "Jen's uh... doing other things... so uh... if you want to... we could hang out for a while..."

"Id like that" Kim said.

"Ok then... thanks" I sighed.

"You sure you're alright?" Kim asked.

"Yeah... y'know..." I sighed, "about as well as can be expected for someone the size of a wind-up toy"

Kim laughed.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then" I said, and we departed.

Nope, never a dull moment in my life.