- Text Size +
"My little girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 8: Return to normalcy

There she was.... I had her in my hands... she was so small... I could crush her. She looked up at me, her lips quivering, her eyes darting every which way but up. She wanted to ignore the fact that she was now tiny... in my former position.

"I can't believe it..." I chuckled, "you've finally shrunk"

"S-So?" she stuttered, looking nervously around for any way out - but there was none. Instead, she continued to verbally negotiate herself out of her bad situation, "... it doesn't mean anything... I'm still in charge here..."

"I don't know about that, Kim" I smiled, and tossed her onto my other hand now, just for fun. She landed awkrardly, her hair covering her face for a moment as she glanced up at my grin again, no longer possessing the same confidence.

"It's fine" she said, desperately trying to brush off her own uncertainty, "I can be big any time I want..."

"Oh really?" I laughed, "then go ahead... do it. Grow back to normal"

"O-Okay" Kim gasped, not expecting me to call her bluff so soon. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes for several seconds, before I burst into laughter, startling the miniature figure even more.

"Ha!! Looks like you're stuck that way!" I laughed, "stuck small forever"

"N-No!!" Kim screamed, tears starting to stream down her face in an uncharacteristic breakdown. "This can't be!!"

I couldn't believe it - for once, she couldn't be confident, she couldn't dangle something over my head. She was finally right where I wanted her.

It was at that moment I felt a sharp tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jen, appearing very angry as she gave me a mean glare.

"Bobby..." she said, "put her down"

"What?" I gasped, "Jen... I..."

"Put her down now!!" she repeated.

I nervously placed Kim on the ground, as she slowly composed herself again. I was so close to seeing her finally snap like I had, but now I may have lost my chance.

"Damn it, Jen!" I blurted out, regretting what I had said only seconds later.

"You listen to me, Bobby!!" Jen snapped, "I know you might not agree with Kim on a lot of things, or whatever, but you can't just go shrinking her!!"

"I-I didn't shrink her" I said, giving Jen a defensive look, "she was just tiny... y'know, like poof"

"What? You mean like this?" Jen said and I suddenly felt an uncomfortable tingling seize my body. It felt as if my entire being had fallen asleep and was tingling like crazy as I shrunk down.

"No!!" I screamed, "What are you doing?!"

Jen didn't answer.

Instead, I simply shrunk further and further, until I was eye level with Kim who gave me a smirk. Her smirk made me feel even more ridiculous and in a matter of seconds, I felt myself dwindling smaller than Kim, until I was no bigger than a speck.

"Ha!!" Kim laughed, and then looked up at Jen, "Thanks, Jen!"

I looked up at Jen aghast and then up at Kim as she raised her foot high above my head to give me a stomping that I might have deserved.

"NOO!! WAIT!!" I screamed.

And with that, I woke up, my back against a Jen's jewelry box on her bureau, as I gazed around, startled by everything I had seen and heard. Looking over, I saw her, Jen, nestled in her blankets... looking so peaceful... so tranquil.

I know I shouldn't have, but I take a step off her bureau, needing only to clear a small gap to reach her bed. I let out a sigh of relief after getting myself onto the foot of her bed and begin walking, navigating around the creases and lumps in the blankets that vaguely represented the forms and curves of my girlfriend's body as she slept. As I get closer to her face, one of the only parts of her body not covered in cloth, I begin to feel a strange nervousness inside, but it's accompanied by an unexplainable excitement. Something about seeing her sleep from so close up was exhilirating, although I also feared she could roll over or wake up suddenly, accidentally crushing me. I felt so insignificant next to her at that moment.

Still, I walk closer, so that I'm face to face with her cheek which was pressed against her massive pillow. I reached my hand out really slowly, nearly making contact with her skin, when I ceased.

"What am I doing?" I whispered to myself. I began to walk away from her when I heard the slightest mumble, accompanied by a squeak, almost. I turned around and saw her head slightly move.

"Jen?" I said, reverting to my normal voice. She sighed again and awoke.

"B-Bobby?" she said, surprised to see me so close to her. "W-What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry" I said, disguising my nervousness with an awkrard smile and laugh, "I just had a bit of a nightmare and got worried and wanted to see you... and then... I don't know..."

"Bobby, it's okay" Jen said, keeping her voice to a whisper, "you can sleep with me tonight"

"Sleep with you... what?" I said, kinda startled to see her reach her entire hand around me and place me up on her pillow, beside her face.

"Sweet dreams, little guy" she said, closing her eyes again.

"Yeah, you too" I said, feeling sort of stunned as I laid back, only inches from her face. I looked out towards the window to realize it was nearly sunrise. I closed my eyes one more time and this time fell asleep much easier.

I awoke in a few mere hours and realized a couple of crucial things had changed. For one, the lights had been on in the room and Jen was nowhere to be seen, but I was still laying against her pillow. I pulled myself up and looked all over for her. She wasn't even in the room.

Finally, the door opened and Jen walked in, all dolled up for school.

"Hey, glad you're awake" she said, and before leaving again, added "I'll be right back, and then we can get going"

Going? I thought to myself, still feeling disoriented from the dream and everything last night. I felt like I was in no condition to return to everyday life, but then again, what WAS everyday life at this point? Everything was so unpredictable.

Jen shuffled back into her room, her backpack now slung around her shoulder, and she put her hand down next to me. I stepped onto it and she raised me slowly into her pockets.

Of course, she didn't have to worry about school, I was the only one with a Friday class today but luckily it was only Anthro, so it looked to be an easy day for once.

Jen set me down in her cup holder and the gentle hum of her radio, which was turned to no station in particular, provided some light ambience for the short ride to Avery Point.

"Okay, so you'll probably want to go to class a little bigger than you are now" Jen chuckled, unfastening her seat belt and shutting off the car.

"Yeah, you think?" I smiled.

"You've been so good to me," Jen said, lifting me up, "staying little all this time"

"Heh, I try" I said, feeling flustered from her outward niceness. But then again, this was nothing new for her.

She takes me outside and luckily it was a very nice day, so the sun shone perfectly off the oceanside, as Jen began walking towards our usual hideout to make the size exchange.

This time, however, instead of a clean trip over, we were stopped by John. I ducked deeper into her pockets.

"Hey Jen" John said, sounding a bit frustrated, "have you seen Bobby? He hasn't been here for like, 3 days"

"Uh...I'm sure he's around somewhere" Jen said nervously, trying desperately to leave John behind as soon as possible, but he persisted.

"Well, when you see him, let him know we're all wondering where the hell he's been" John said.

"O-Ok" Jen said.

"I mean, I figured he'd be with you, since you're his girlfriend and all, but if he's not even with you, I have no clue where he is..." John said, continuing his ramble.

"Right... well I'll..."

"I guess it's not that big a deal, but still it's unusual for Bobby to miss super foosball thursday" John added.

"I thought that was on tuesday"

"No, that's mega foosball tuesday" John said.

"Okay..." Jen said, feeling both confused and eager to leave the conversation. She finally walked away from John and ducked into the hideout. John kept talking even after she departed, but who knows what the hell he was saying.

I laughed nervously as Jen continued carrying me up the stairs in her pocket.

"What?" Jen asked, having heard my laugh.

"It's just John..." I chuckled, "he's crazy sometimes"

"Yeah, crazy" Jen sighed.

"I wouldn't get too upset by anything he says" I said, reassuringly, although strangely, some of Kim's words from the last night came to my mind.

"So... you ready?" Jen asked inquisitively, setting me down on the floor of the fairly empty room.

"Yeah, I think so" I gulped. It had been so long since I had done this, I almost hoped I remembered how. It was also kind of a disorienting feeling, even growing back.

"Okay, then let's do it" Jen said, and took a deep breath, letting her arms fall to her sides. I did the same, and we both closed our eyes briefly.

Finally, I felt a slight tingling which amplified slightly as I noticed myself getting taller and taller still, until I was finally my normal height, a couple inches taller than Jen.

I pull her close and press my lips against hers, causing her to lightly moan. Both of us were feeling the passion from our kiss when we heard a noise.

"Hey Jen, what are you even doing up here by yourself?"

"John!!"I gasped, as Jen began to shrink away in front of me.

"Quick, hide me!!" Jen squeaked, now about 3 feet tall, but shrinking slower than usual.

"I can't yet... you're not small enough!" I stuttered.

"Bobby, is that you?" I heard John ask, as his footsteps got closer and closer to our location. Jen and I stared right at each other as she dwindled down to 2 feet tall, still too large to carry.

I follow her as she runs into the corner of the room, slowly shrinking to her final size of 3 inches. I duck into the corner, where she stands, and quickly scoop her up, being as careful as possible as I place herin my pocket.

"Bobby?" I heard John say, as he now stood in the entrance. "What are you doing in here?"

"Huh? Nothing!" I chuckled, getting up slowly, to not crush Jen in my pocket. I then walked up to the entrance to meet John. "I was just checking out something in the corner... thought it was something... yknow valuable"

"There's nothing there" John said.

"Uh... right..." I stammered, "because I took it already"

"Well what was it?" John asked.

"Uh... this" I chuckled nervously and fished a penny out of my pocket.

"A penny?" John asked.

"Not just any penny... a penny from... 1979" I said, reading the year on the penny.

"Riiiight" John said. "Are we going to play some foosball or what?"

"Uh sure, let's go" I said and we both ducked out of the room.

"Hey, wasn't Jen just here?" John asked, taking a quick look around.

"Jen? No, haven't seen her" I smiled, walking him out the door and letting out a near silent sigh of relief.

That was too close!