- Text Size +

Chapter 1: The Arrival

Waking in a daze on the ground, Nathan Reynolds opened his eyes and stared up into the sky. Or, at least what looked like the sky. His vision was blurry, but all he could see above him was white. Perhaps the sky of a bright but cloudy day?

He brushed his hand through his short blond hair, and sat up. He then looked around. As his vision steadily became clear, he found that he did not see any trees or roads or buildings or anything else that would indicate that he was outside. No, instead he saw what looked like gigantic furniture: among other things a couch, a coffee table, a tall lamp off in the distance, and even further a fireplace. He looked upward, back towards the sky, and saw that it was not the sky at all; it looked to be some kind of ceiling.

He became worried. Where was he? Someone's house? If so, why was everything so big? Better question: how did he get here? The last thing he remembered was that he was walking in the park near his apartment. It was a cloudy day, but the forecast did not predict that any rain would fall, so he had decided to go for a walk. However, once he delved deep into the heavily forested area, he saw a bright flash of light, and then, he was here. Was it some kind of freak lightning strike?

Many thoughts raced through his mind as he tried to make sense of the situation.

"So, you're finally up," said a voice from behind.

Nathan turned in the direction the voice came from, and saw an African American man in his mid-20s approach him. His black hair was short, and was what one would describe as "nappy". He also had a small mustache and beard growing in on his face. He wore a blue and white striped T-shirt, baggy blue jeans, and white gym shoes.

Nathan stood up. "Where am I? How'd I get here? Who are you?"

The man stopped his approach as he reached Nathan. "Wow... You're askin' a lot of questions. Can't you wait 'til I answer one before you ask the next?"

Nathan stood up and faced the man. This man was a few inches taller than he was, and was slightly on the heavy side as far as weight went.

"Lemme answer in order," the man said. "You're in a giant house."

"What?!" Nathan looked around once more. "Is it some kind of prop that someone built?"

The man shook his head. "Actually... This is a normal house. ...We're just small. Very small."

Nathan's mouth dropped. "Are you kidding me?!"

"No. Besides, who'd build a giant house, anyway?"

Nathan still could not completely believe that this man was telling him. "So, if I'm small, how'd I get this small?"

"...Tina did it," the man calmly answered. "She shrunk you."

"Whoa, what?! Is that possible?!"

The man nodded. "She did the same to me. And everyone else, too. We're all around three inches, I think."

"There's more?!" Nathan responded. "But wait... Who's Tina?!"

"The most evil bitch you'll ever-"

The man was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. Massive footsteps. They were far away, but the sound of each step vibrated into the area that Nathan and the man stood in. They turned in the direction that they came from, towards a large doorway behind them.

"Shit..." The man said, still calm. "You're about to meet her."

Nathan looked at the man, and then anxiously back towards the doorway. Seconds later, Nathan's heart dropped at what he saw next: a gigantic woman walked into the room. She also looked to be in her late-20s, and was of Asian descent with brown hair that slightly extended past her shoulders. She wore a black tube top and black capris, and was barefoot. She was fairly attractive, but that did not stop her from being a menacing sight.

This was Tina.

Nathan backed away from the approaching giantess in fear, but the Black man merely stood his ground, as if he had gotten used to the sight of the titaness.

Tina stopped several feet away from where they were (on their scale), and looked down on the both of them.

"You're up!" she said, addressing Nathan. "Welcome to my home!"

"What did you do to me?!" Nathan blurted out.

She looked towards the Black man. "Didn't this one here explain it to you?"

"Yeah, I did," he responded.

"I mean," she said as she placed her hands on her hips, "it's not that hard to figure out even if no one told you about it."

"Why'd you do this to me?!" Nathan yelled out. "Why?!"

"My! You're getting testy! ...But I guess it can't be helped. It natural to act that way. Even this one acted the same way when I brought him here."

"Calm down, bro," the man said to Nathan. "She ain't gonna do nothin' to you now."

"Guh..." Nathan eased himself, and took a few steps to rejoin the man before the titaness.

"Anyway," Tina said, "I saw you in the park earlier, and I thought that you were pretty cute. I just had to have you in my collection. So I followed you in the woods, hid in the trees, and that's when I got you."

"That's insane!" Nathan shouted. "Change me back! I don't want to stay here!"

Tina simply laughed. "Oh please! Like I'm going to release you! You're staying here with me, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Nathan gritted his teeth in frustration, and looked off into the distance between her legs, towards the doorway that she entered through.

"Don't think you can make a run for it, either," she said. "I could easily just catch you again."

"The last guy who tried to run from her," the Black man said to Nathan, "got stomped."

Nathan jumped in shock. "That's horrible!"

Tina let out a melancholic sigh. "Ahh... What a shame that was... He was so cute, but he just wouldn't cooperate with me. In fact, he became annoying, so I didn't really have a choice but to crush him like a bug. After all, I could easily get more, right?" She winked at Nathan.

"No..." Nathan shook his head in disbelief.

"Little Nathan..." Tina said as she bent down at the waist. "You're not going to do anything to make me have to kill you, are you?"

"H-how do you know my name?!" Nathan asked.

"That's not important right now," Tina responded. "I just need to know if you will be a good little boy and follow the rules that I'm about to tell you."

"Rules...?" Nathan said.

Tina stood back upright. "First of all, you are allowed to explore my house. I've installed some small lifts near the stairs to make it easier to reach the other floors. However... Make sure that you don't get in my path. If you see me heading your way, make sure that you get out of the way, because I won't hesitate to step on you if you don't in time. In fact..." Tina smiled devilishly. "I kinda look forward to it."

Nathan did not respond. He merely looked on at the giantess in fear and disbelief.

"Next thing is," Tina continued, "You aren't to ever leave this house. If you do, you'll meet a very gruesome end. I mean it. Finally... If I call on you to do something for me, you better do it, or you'll be punished."

"This... This can't be real..." Nathan muttered to himself as he looked towards the floor covered with a beige carpet.

"If you follow those rules, you'll find your life in my house pretty pleasant. What do you say?"

"This has to be a dream... A nightmare..." Nathan continued to mutter. "...This can't be real. No way."

"No objections? Great! You there, I want you to show him the ropes. Alright?"

"Yeah," the man responded.

"As for me," Tina said, "I'm going upstairs for a while, but I'll be back soon."

Nathan looked up, just as Tina turned around, and walked out of the room. A few steps afterwards, she stopped, and looked back towards the two small men, though her eyes seemed to be more focused on him.

"I'm looking forward to spending time with you, Nathan," Tina said, with a smile on her face.

Then, she continued to walk away from the room, and then began to climb the stairs that were off in the distance. Soon, she was completely out of sight, but Nathan could still hear her footsteps high above him.

He felt the man place his arm around his shoulder. "Well, man, what do you think?"

"...This isn't real, is it? It's impossible..." Nathan said. "Tell me that this isn't real..."

"...Sorry, dawg, but I don't know what to tell ya."

Nathan stared at the man, before dropping to his knees, and letting out a loud scream, all the while clutching the hair on his head in his hands. Then, he lowered his upper body and pounded both of his fists on the floor.

"Goddammit!!" Nathan blurted out. "What the hell is this!? I don't want to stay here! I want to go home, not in this place!!"

"I know how you feel," the man said, "but there's nothin' you can do about it. Sorry, man..."

"...Shit..."

"Oh, and my name is D'Marco. Your second question was answered by her, so I went on to the third one."

Nathan sighed, and slowly stood to his feet. "How long have you been here, D'Marco?"

"A month, I think," D'Marco answered. "It's kinda hard to keep track of time here."

"How many more of us are there?"

"Beside you and me, eight."

Nathan chuckled a little. "Really? I expected there to be more..."

D'Marco began to walk away from Nathan. "C'mon. You gotta meet some of the others."

Nathan looked around the room. "I don't see anyone."

"We live under that couch over there." D'Marco pointed towards the couch further in the room.

"Oh." Nathan started to follow after D'Marco as he headed towards the couch.

After a while, once the two had trekked half the distance to the couch, D'Marco stopped and turned to face Nathan.

"What?" Nathan asked.

"By the way," D'Marco said, "Tina IS an evil bitch. When she calls one of us, it's to... uh, 'play' with her. ...Except half the time, someone ends up dead."

Nathan gasped. "She does it on purpose?!"

"Sometimes. Other times, she just forgets how much power she has over us. But then, there are times when she does kill someone on purpose. Then, she just goes out and find a new sucka."

"Are you calling me a sucker?!" Nathan responded, irritated.

"Sorry... Maybe that wasn't the right word."

"No, it wasn't." Nathan walked past D'Marco, and continued towards the couch.

"Hey!" D'Marco called from behind.

Nathan stopped and turned towards the man. "What?"

"You might wanna cool it. You're the newbie here. If you go in there like you are now, the others ain't gon accept you. They'll just beat you up, and leave you in the middle of the floor. And I think you know what happens next. Trust me, I've seen it happen before with some other cocky dude."

"...Fine," Nathan said, calming himself a bit, though he was still indignant.

"Cool."

With D'Marco back in the lead, the two continued walking towards the large couch. All the while, an endless array of thoughts flew within Nathan's head. He wondered what he had done wrong in his life to have made the powers that be punish him in such a manner. Sure, he did not exactly have the best upbringing, mainly because he spent most of his life in foster care, but it was not like he was a criminal or anything. He wondered if he was indeed trapped in here for as long as he was alive. Was his death imminent? Would the woman known as Tina call him, and then kill him during her twisted perception of playtime?

However, none of this mattered to him.

After all, this was just a dream. He would be awake in bed at his apartment soon enough.

~~~

Having arrived in her large bedroom, Tina headed to her desk, and turned her attention to the small creature that laid upon it: a small man in his late 40s with brown but greying hair and an equally greying mustache. His arms and legs were tightly tied up by string, and his mouth was covered by duct tape that she had shrunken down for him earlier.

"Well, Little Fred," Tina said. "I found someone else. Someone much younger and cuter than you."

She lifted the man off of the desk, and dangled him by his feet in front of his face. The man struggled in her grasp, trying to shake himself free. Unfortunately for him, he was much too small to pull off such a stunt.

"That means that I don't need you anymore. Sorry."

As she walked into the center of her bedroom, the man became even more frantic, and she could hear his muffled voice screaming through the tape on his mouth.

"Really, though. Why did you even think that I would want you? I'm still young and beautiful. YOU, however, are a dirty old man who's been through three divorces. There must be something wrong with you if you can't keep a wife." She smirked at the man. "I bet you're regretting asking me out now, aren't you? I mean, why would I ever date someone like you? I mean, with those divorces and kids you have, it's not like you have much money to spend on me."

Tina shrugged. "Oh well..." She then kneeled down, and placed the man onto the hardwood floor. Then, she stood back upright.

The man edged his body forward in a motion similar to a caterpillar, no doubt trying to escape from her. However, at the extremely slow speed that he moved, there was no hope of that happening at all.

"What are you, some kind of worm?" Tina chuckled. "Trying really had to get away? Where are you going? The door's back the other way? Or are you so into your act that you're even mimicking the intelligence of a worm?" She faked a louder laugh. "That's hilarious!"

She continued to watch the man's pitiful attempt to escape. "But, you know... When you imitate a bug, you have to take the bad stuff that comes with it."

The man looked up toward her, his face awash with fear. He shuddered, and then tried to pull his arms free from the string that was wrapped around him. He probably thought that crawling would give him a better chance of escape. However, Tina had tied the string around him so tight that he had no hope of ever breaking through the fabric.

Tina gave the man a mischievous smile as he once again looked up at her, his face filled with hopelessness and despair.

Then, without another word, she stepped forward. It only took one step with her right foot, but it bore down onto the tiny man, and completely pulverized him underneath the increasing weight of her foot. The sound and feel of the bones breaking, the warm sticky sensation of the blood bursting out in all directions underneath... Such a sensation was one that she had since come to thoroughly enjoy.

Tina moaned in satisfaction. "That's the only thing you could ever do for me. Well done." She lifted her foot from the floor and turned her sole towards her. The flattened remains of the man was plastered on her sole, surrounded with blood. As tight as the string around him was, it could not contain the force of his body being crushed under astronomical weight. On the floor below was a pool of more blood.

Then, holding her right foot with her left hand, she hopped on one foot over to her desk, and pulled a sheet of tissue from its box. She wiped the bloody remains from her sole, making sure to get every drop from her foot. Finally, she crumbled the tissue into a ball and tossed it into the nearby trash can.

Afterwards, she pulled out the chair from her desk, and sat down in it. She opened the notebook that was set on the desk's surface and shifted onto an empty page. Then, she grabbed a black ink pen from the cup that held her writing utensils, and began to write into the notebook:

-Fred Hancock- That 40-something old man has been disposed of. No worries. I didn't really like him, anyway. I found a replacement for him: Nathan Reynolds, a much younger and cuter guy I captured in the park earlier. He's blond too, and I really love the blonds, you know?

He was resisting a bit earlier, but I hope that he can situate himself with the others. I really don't want to have to kill him... but if I do, I'll savor it just like the others.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to how cute Little Nathan will serve me. My newest tiny slave... Ohhh! I can't wait!!-

 

[End Chapter]