- Text Size +

Three days later..... 


Lio was minding his own business, sitting on the couch and watching one of his favourite shows. Rachel had decreed that he shouldn't leave the house unsupervised anymore... Just because the doctor assumed it would take weeks to shrink, didn't mean everything would be fine until the. A "flash-shrink" wasn't unheard of, people casually losing a ton of their height in a matter of moments. 


Not that he minded, he always liked being in the quiet of his own home. And with Rachel having arranged a sort of semi-vacation from work, he wasn't left alone with his own thoughts either. Ava was busy at her own work, she had opted to keep up her student-job for a while longer to "Get as much untaxed cash as possible before getting a true job". 


The 22 year-old guy was actively involved with the show's story when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Moments later, he felt the pressure of someone else sitting down on the couch. He had only a second to pause his show when he felt something drop onto his lap. There was no need to look down, he knew what had happened. Still, he looked down and confirmed that his big sister's sock-clad size 12s had fallen into his lap. Under normal circumstances he would have been annoyed, but at his current 150cm height... he couldn't help but note they seemed bigger than ever before. 


But they were still his sister's feet, so he promptly looked to the side to see Rachel sitting at the other edge of the couch, her laptop in her help. Raising his eyebrow, he asked with a slightly sarcastic tone: "Can I help you, oh dear sister of mine?" 


Rachel simply gave him a glance and smirked, then focused on her laptop again. "Actually, dear brother of mine, I'm in the process of helping you. But yes, I might need your assistance later." She tapped a few more keys and then looked up at Lio again. "Seeing how you seem perfectly fine spending your shrinking weeks on the couch, I've taken the liberty to check out some options for housing once you've gone... full micro." Lio noted the lingering sadness, but also determination and curiosity in her tone. 


"Housing? What do you mean?" he asked with a hint of confusion. Naturally, Rachel just rolled her eyes. 


"And you wonder why I worry about you... I mean that you can't very well use your bed anymore at that size, can you? Or the shower, or anything." 


Lio suddenly felt really stupid. Of course he knew that, it had just... slipped his mind for as long as he remained a plausible size for an adult... "I know that. I just assumed that we'd get furniture on that scale and put them in the right rooms or someth- Hey! What was that for?" 


Rachel had decided that her brother didn't have a clue. And the best way to get him quiet was to casually nudge one of her feet against the side of his face. The appendage, clad in blue ankle socks, had touched his lower jaw and cheek with its toes and ball. Then it had retreated back to his lap as if nothing had happened. A simple and innocent action, though Rachel seemed to enjoy it. Otherwise, she would have simply cleared her throat. "So you would shush, as you clearly don't remember what we talked about before." she said with a tone that clearly disapproved of Lio forgetting. "We're getting you a house on the Micro scale. It's way more convenient for you, and having an entire area on your scale should make things easier for your mental state... Or so Ava told me anyway. And given that Micro houses are... not at all expensive with how little resources they require, we can make it your dreamhouse. That's where the laptop comes in. All we gotta do is answer a questionnaire, make some extra choices and the company will manufacture and send it within a few weeks." 


Micro Houses were most common in districts full of Micros. But some "normal," companies had seen the market for providing those who stayed in "their" world with the best housing imaginable. All the costs were in the production, for the resources were negligible. And with how advanced technology had become for production.... It meant a marine biologist who had been taking care of her baby brother since her last year of studying still had plenty of funds for a Micro House. One might wonder if that company was simply a rare one with good morals and a heart....perhaps they too had a shrunken family member they did not want to throw away. 


"Right... so, why are you filling it in? Can't I just do it myself in peace and quiet." Lio asked, already knowing the answer.. But Rachel could surprise him. 


"I dunno, seemed like fun. Besides, I wanna know how my brother plans to be living quite soon. One rule though, no being cheap on the material quality. I want something so sturdy I could step on it with a hard sole and it wouldn't even creak." Suddenly, Rachel's face was quite serious, her green eyes staring into Lio's soul. 


He tried to lighten the mood a little: "Of course, why wouldn't I want that? Could mean you can pick it up and change its location, change of scenery every now and then. On that note, if there's a question about furniture being bolted down and every cabinet having locks, mark both as a yes. I wanna be able to make sure not even a plate could get wrecked." 


Rachel's expression softened, curiosity taking over. "Smart choice, but why are you worried about it? We both know I would only move it on occasion, and be super gentle with how I move it." 


"You might, but we both know a certain someone will not be able to resist grabbing and moving a Micro House once she knows I'm not traumatised by my size." 


Rachel rolled her eyes once more... but clearly had something in her mind for the seconds before she answered. "Ava's a good girl, she wouldn't hurt anyone. But you're right, she has a very playful and cheeky side to her. Just tell her to never let me catch her with your house on her thigh, or between them, or on her tongue, or her hair... or anywhere except her hands." 


Apparently, Rachel had decided she wanted to share her mental images with her brother.... Likely to tease him in her own special 'sister-way'.... He would have cursed at her if he wasn't worried he would be met with a facefull of socked size 12s. Not that cursing wasn't allowed.... Rachel just had very strange moods. 


And so the siblings spent the next hour or two filling in the questionnaire.. Rachel having decided she would not yet issue Lio first new chore just yet.... She'd had her fun, and it was mostly meant for times after they would be readjusted to their new dynamic.