- Text Size +

Lily's enormous boots were like black guillotines in the sky. Each movement of her enormous feet shook ancient buildings, as if their foundations were but sand. Her clothing, from head in the sky all the way down to her destructive heels, showed off her "goth" style: an ocean of deep purple, and rock formations of midnight black. With a few awful steps, day became night, and the silent town descended in chaos and noise.

"(Yo, bitches.)" Lily's voice rang like the bells of Notre Dame. The giantess didn't even raise her voice, seeming disinterested, and her mouth generated winds and eruptions that pushed aside the clouds. "(Shut up, idiots. It's not worth the effort to crush a shit town like this.)" A single movement from her eyes, with violet shadows, and this massive monster in the form of a girl seemed to judge them all. "(I'm just here for Angelo.)"


Immediately, Angelo's friends pulled him from the security of his basement, offering him as a sacrifice before the enormous toes that invaded the center of the village.

"Wh-what? Excuse me? What's she saying?" Angelo had difficulty speaking - especially when Lily's hand gripped him, her curves as long as window curtains, an impossible pressure on his chest and his lungs. "This is... I'm gonna..."

"(Shut it.)" Lily spat in his face. Each movement from the feet below made him pant and scream.

Finally, the goth girl sat herself on a mountain, and removed her boots. Seeing the terror in the little man that she held, she groaned while rolling her eyes. "Goddamnit. None of this would've happened if you did your fucking Duolingo. You didn't see all the messages we sent you? You're kidding."

"Duo...?" Angelo repeated in confusion. His body was suspended above the boot - from which an unbelievable smell emerged. He covered his nose, and coughed. "I, I don't know why Duolingo would..."

The disinterested face of Lily approached him, without expression, so close he could feel each word. "(Jesus. I'll put it in a way that even a shithead like you can understand. Do you know the phrase,) *French, or the Trench?*" The way she pronounced it had no strong accent or energy.

Angelo became pale. Captured by a giantess, he sobbed while searching all the French words in his brain. "(Baguette... Grapefruit... J-Jaques Cousteau... The Library... Please... Please, Please, Lily...)" He begged for his life, all his efforts emerging so that the black holes below didn't swallow him.

The eyes before him didn't even glance at him. "(Too late. Here's a phrase to learn, cretin: Buh-bye, see you later.)"

And Lily let him fall. He took his last breaths of fresh air in mania and tears. With the scale of the gothic boots, full of buckles, he was covered in darkness minutes before landing. The bottom had pieces of destroyed black socks, with dirty rivers. There were six darkened regions: one for a gigantic heel, five for the active toes, each big enough that he could swim inside them and odorous enough to burn his nose. His eyes were fountains, and he covered his chest in pain. On his back, Angelo saw his captor one last time.

Lily played with her phone. "(You're going to add many new words to your vocabulary, Angelo. Slave. Toy. Ant. Servitude. Fear. Hell.)" She put a finger on her mouth. "(But most of all... you'll learn to appreciate the smell of blue cheese.)"

With those simple words, the foot descended into the place it belonged. The movements of the boot around Angelo shook him from his stupor. He tried to escape, but there was nowhere safe or secure from Lily's toes. Like five moons in a starless sky, they filled Angelo's new world, and gave him no room. On his stomach, he looked like a green worm trapped in a cup, going nowhere. His resistance was crushed by the pressure in a print, the wet skin covering him entirely.

And Lily walked ahead, trapping him in a prison of movement more intense than a boat in a storm.

"Lilyyyy!" Zari had her hands in the air, calling her friend. "There are more cute little guys here who haven't done their Duolingo!"

"Shit..." Lily followed her slowly, head pointed to the ground. "Our work is never done..."

Chapter End Notes:

Been doing a lot of Duolingo and wanted to see if I could do a story in both of Canada's official languages. I hope to one day join Pépé le Pew and Fifi la Fume as French people known for horrible smells and being horny.

(reuploaded, there's a glitch with French characters)