- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Aurora clashes hard with her kid sister, Amy. Then her shrunken city is discovered.

SLAM!

Went the kitchen door just when Amy's dad wanted to enter the living room with a plate full of freshly made smoothies. A shriek and the clatter of falling glass followed.

Amy rolled over the couch with laughter, grasping her belly from the hurting stomach.

"For the zillionth time, Amy, no magic in the house!" Her dad bellowed.

Amy shrieked as she fell off the couch, slumping on the floor while having a laughing fit, not caring about her father's rage.

"Are you raising a little hell here again, squirt?" Aurora's voice cut off Amy's laughter. From her prone position, Amy lifted her head up and was greeted by the sight of her big sister standing in the doorway, looking at her in a disapproving manner.

The kitchen door opened, and both girls were treated to the sight of their father's proper white blouse, all drenched in oozing, pink wild berry smoothie – even his neatly salt and pepper beard wasn't spared the fate of Amy's prank.

Aurora looked at her father with pity before waving her hand to set in motion a clean-up spell. A few seconds later, Aurora's father stood in the doorway – all clean, with his neatly ironed blouse dazzling white – while carrying a plate full of sweet smoothies as if nothing had happened. When he was sure that everything looked how it was supposed to look before Amy's trick, he gave an appreciative nod to Aurora before serving the smoothies at the table.

"It is high time that your mother and I have a chat with you later this day, young lady." And with that, he walked out of the living room, shaking his head while mumbling things like 'Darn witches." and "nothing but trouble."

"What?!" Amy's shoulders jerked as her eyes flared defiantly while looking up at her older sister, scowling down at her.

"You know darn well," Aurora gave her kid sister a meaningful glare.

Amy pushed out a burst of derisive laughter. "It just vexes you that you're not the only one with powers anymore."

Aurora scoffed. "I frankly do not give a toss if you have powers or not,"

Amy stood back up and crawled on the couch. Sitting cross-legged and spreading her arms out over the couch's backrest, the raven-haired 8th grader gave her bigger sister a challenging glare. "Not even if I become more powerful than you?" she narrowed her eyes in thin stripes.

Aurora merely gave a faint smile before walking up to the window, resting her hands on her back. "not a chance, kiddo."

Aurora's eyes blinked when the curtains seemed to have a life of their own and shut close, blocking her view of the street outside. She looked over her shoulder at Amy. "Okay, so you can close the curtains from a distance. Am I supposed to be impressed?"

Amy looked back at her bigger sister with a big smug on her youthful face, crossing her arms. "You could only do that when you were a year older than I am."

Aurora shrugged. "May very well be, but you still can't hold a candle to me."

"I can do a lot more than closing curtains, you know?" Amy said with a threatening tone.

"Really? Why don't you show me?" Aurora looked back, taking a challenging pose.

After a brief moment, Aurora felt an invisible force compelling her body to the ground. Its strength surprised her, making it hard for her to keep standing up straight. Her intention was to keep standing with pure muscle power, to make it clear to Amy that her magical abilities were chicken feed compared to Aurora's prowess. But her knees started to buckle. Amy noticed it too. The little girl began to smile as it encouraged her to boost it up a bit.

Aurora's muscle strength appeared no match against Amy's magical assault, which was busy compelling her body to sink to the floor.

She had the choice to give in or use some magical strength of her own to withstand Amy's assault. Aurora opted for the latter.

Two magical powers, wielded by two sisters, clashed hard with each other, competing to end up on top. Only one could be victorious. Amy's face tensed harder as she scraped every ounce of strength out of her magical pool. The floor in the living room cracked open, forming a 3 meters long fissure as the laminate boards and the plate of concrete lying beneath it succumbed under the weight of such magical violence.

A woman and a man came running up. They stood in the doorway and gaped, all troubled at their daughters battling it out with each other using forces they could not comprehend.

"Girls! Stop it!" The mother screeched.

Aurora eyed her parents before bringing her attention back to her kid sister again. "Okay, the joke's over, Amy," she said while gradually dampening her powers.

But Amy would have none of it. The girl smelled victory. With a final burst of energy, Amy screamed and forced Aurora to sink down on one knee. The older sister couldn't afford that to happen. She mustered her magical strength and lashed out at Amy with a forceful scream. The whole couch flipped over, with a shrieking Amy on top of it, banging against the wall behind it. For a moment, it seemed that Amy lay unconscious on the floor.

Feeling bad about her outburst, Aurora hesitantly walked up to Amy. The latter leaped up.

"I-I'm sorry, Amy. I didn't mean -"Aurora stammered before she was cut off.

"I almost had you, you, stuck-up shrew!" Amy pierced her finger at Aurora with seething eyes.

"Hey! Language, young lady!" Their mother said, who was entirely ignored by both of her daughters.

"You wait! I will become omnipolent, and when I do–"

"Omnipotent," Aurora's voice corrected.

"What?!"

"You said omnipolent. The proper way to pronounce that word is omnipotent."

"Shut up!" Amy screeched with teary eyes while stomping her foot. "Just… leave me alone!" She dashed up the stairs to her room.

After Amy threw some stuff against the wall in a fit of anger and toppled her chair over with a kick, she plunged down on her bed and started sulking. Half an hour passed when Amy heard the muffled voices of her parents and Aurora bickering with each other downstairs. Then the sound of a car driving off was heard, and 5 minutes later, another car followed. Amy peeked her head in the hallway and listened. The house was empty.

Good. Time for some payback.

Amy sauntered over to Aurora's bedroom and opened it.

"What a cluttered mess!" Amy shook her head as her eyes assessed the sorry state of Aurora's bedroom, with clusters of used clothes sprawled out everywhere and crumpled cans of Red Bull, emptied bags of chips, and tubes of nail polish seemingly stuffed away in dark corners. "All this magic and still a messy room." She chuckled.

It emphasized all the more how lazy her big sister was. Just a little wave with her hand would be enough to let the magic clean up her room. But even that seemed too much trouble for Queen Aurora. It was either that or a voluntary choice of her to live in such a dump.

An invading beam of sunlight shone directly on a particular object in the room, causing a bright sparkle to occur in the corner of Amy's eyes.

"The hell is that?" Amy walked over with a shimmer of curiosity in her eyes to a glass box resting on a side table. Bending over, the sight of a miniature city greeted her – looking sophisticatedly crafted for something of such a small scale. Then amazement lit up Amy's face as she saw innumerable tiny specks moving about in the streets.

Lucky for young Amy, her magical abilities were developed enough so that she was able to give her eyes a much closer and sharper view of the microscopic landscape. Upon activating the spell, Amy's eyes zoomed in rapidly. It gave her a view of the streets below, like she was hovering roughly 15 meters above it.

"Oh my God! There are all little people in there!"

Amy watched all transfixed as a state of emergency spread swiftly throughout the city.

"What have you done, Aurora? Who are all these people?" Amy spoke to no one in particular.

All citizens ran for shelter, entering buildings and houses to escape the unknown teen Goddess looming suddenly above their city. It did not take long before the streets were empty.

Amy felt in a naughty mood, so her mental abilities reached out and uprooted entire buildings, making them float. Shaking them from left to right, Amy giggled as powders of minuscule people fell out of broken windows, falling to their doom.

Then she saw something else interesting. A grand statue stood there amidst a vast plaza, resembling her sister.

Amy chuckled, "Are these dust mites your subjects or something, Aurora?"

"Let's give them a new Queen now, shall we?" With another spell, Amy conjured a miniature thunderstorm. Heavy lightning bolts shot down from thundering dark clouds, damaging buildings, cars and trees.

Then it was the statue's turn. Amy's head flung back with laughter as a massive bolt cracked Aurora's statue into multiple pieces, making it topple over.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!