- Text Size +
As the two of them were heading back to the guess room, they heard the sound of someone coughing. Vern looked at the direction and saw that it was a tall woman whom was wearing a long white coat, black high heels, short glasses. The woman has long cyan hair.

“I believe we haven't met” said the woman as she pushed her glasses up. “I'm Vern Byrd” said Vern as he held his hands out. The woman shock Vern's hand and said back, “The name's Cecile Ortiz, I'm the doctor of the palace”

Vern noticed the way Cecile was talking to him, it was as if she didn't mind that he was a guy. “In case your wondering, I don't mind about you being a man” said Cecile as she took her hand back.

“Vern needs to get back to the guest room in time for the tour” said Flora as she was trying to get Vern to leave with her. “Oh that's alright, I just informed the princess that Vern needs a check up. So's there need to hurry back” said Cecile as she walked towards Vern.

“What? Why do I need a check up for?” asked Vern as Cecile held his left arm. “Well its to see if you are in top shape to be the princess' servant” answered Cecile as she smiled at him. Vern couldn't tell why but something seems to be off, Vern is a tall man but noticed that Cecile was almost as tall as him.

With that Flora gave a shrug and said, “Okay then, see you two later then” Cecile led Vern to her office. “Why don't you take a seat while I get everything ready” said Cecile as she walked to her table while Vern too a seat.

After a few tests, which shows that Vern was in tip top shape. All that was left was to take his measurements. “Okay then Vern, before I let you go I need to get your measurements” said Cecile as she stood next to a measurement scale.

Vern took his shoes off and stood next to the scale. Cecile began to do the measurement, once done, she wrote it down and said, “5'7...strange” “I'm sorry what?” asked Vern as he looked at her with a confused look.

“You're 5'7, based on your last check up...it says that were 5'9” answered Cecile as Vern put his shoes back on. “What...how is that possible?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “Well, seeing as how you are the only man in the village...the female doctor that checked you properly didn't do right due to the fact that you're a man” answered Cecile as she walked back to her table.

“Well, if I think I think about it, she did seem like she wanted me leave her office as fast as possible” said Vern. “You are in good shape, Vern. Just don't worry about the height confusion. Okay then, time for your tour” said Cecile as she walked next to Vern .

With that the two of them headed towards the guest room where they saw, Josefina, Lucinda and Susie waiting outside. “Ah, the maggot returned” said Lucinda as she looked at Vern and Cecile walking towards them.

“Lucinda...we talked about this” said Josefina as she looked annoyed. “I'm sorry” said Lucinda as she looked at the floor. “Seeing as how Vern is to become your servant, what am I to do here?” asked Susie as she looked at Josefina.

“You got a job as a Runologyist right?” asked Cecile as she looked at her. “Huh, how did you know?” asked Susie as she looked at her. “I was informed, anyway aren't you? “ answered Cecile. “Well, I'm just a Runologyist in training” said Susie. “Well, if its alright with the princess, I'm willing to teach Susie how to use Light Runes” said Cecile as she looked at Josefina.

“Well, that's really up you Susie” said Josefina as she looked at Susie. “Wow...thanks, I love to” answered Susie as she smiled at everyone. “Well then, since everyone is here, show I get to show you all around” said Josefina as she led the way. With that, Vern and Susie followed her while Lucinda stayed behind with Cecile.

“So...have you done what the princess asked?” asked Lucinda as she looked at Cecile. “Yeah I did” answered Cecile as she looked back. “And?” said Lucinda as she turned to her. “He show sighs of having it” said Cecile.

“Damit, then he is the one” said Lucinda as she walked off. “Well then...best learn more about that Rune” said Cecile as she left to back to her office.