- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

What happens to the rest of the party during this development? 

The enormous weight pushing down the warrior wasn't grabbing anything, rather the leather actually held him. Feeling the grip of the other two hold fast on his strong arms, he tried to speak but his lungs held no air. Completely losing sense of time Jax didn't know how long the three remained like that, nor how the other two managed to hold on to him. Only that when relief did finally embrace, it was so welcomed he forgot about the other two for a moment. Or even what had almost crushed them. The healer coughing finally snapped him back to the situation. Vibrations and distant rumblings forecasted calamity somewhere but for some reason not here.


"Hey we're still alive! That's a nice change of pace!” the warrior exclaimed looking from Grom then to the mage. Finally realizing treasure still buried most of her, he swooped in to help. “Oh shit! Airvin no dying without my permission!” Arm tense, Jax pulled her from the quicksand of gold.


"I owe you... Wait no... I mean... Thank you," she said gratefully.


“Yeah, yeah, I'm great I know it. But can someone explain to me where the fuck we are? It's still completely dark in this cave.” Immediately daylight interrupted, peeking through in front of them. They all shielded their eyes as daylight began to overcome shadows. As if the mountaintop itself rose out of place. The three of them slowly looked up completely baffled at the odd canopy above them. Grom turned left, then to the right seeing the two massive black walls that surrounded them.


"Wait a second... Are those... Socks?” the healer asked. Airvin watched massive boulders fall off in the distance before focusing on the scenery beyond.


"This is unexplainable. I can see off into the mountain range. Why is this mountain top rising up, up and away?" she asked. Face scrunched up and mouth hanging open, Jax stared upward into an atmosphere obscured image. It finally dawned on him. He was staring at a woman's crotch.


"Holy titties covered in peanut butter you guys! Our thief is a mile tall!" The other two returned their gaze upward with blank expressions realizing just how correct that ridiculous statement was.


"You mean... by the gods! She just hasn't stopped growing has she?!" the healer inquired. Jax snapped to attention turning toward the mage. He cleared his throat.


"Now Airvin, I was only staring because I didn't know what I was looking at. I would only ever look at such woman's features respectfully.”


"Would you shut up with your proverbial pervertedness?! What in the realms are we going to do about this insane situation?! What did that idle do to her?!" All three of them watched in horror as a colossal foot lifted and slipped against another mountain, causing it to crumble. Their party member had leveled a mountain by picking her foot up and setting it back down.


“Astrid! Astrid!” the healer called out.


“You do understand the impossibility of her hearing us right?” she said.


“I know but I mean... Look... She's obviously having some sort of issue.” Sure enough as the three could only marvel at the gigantic movements of her legs, stability certainly escaped them. Not even an instant to react to this loud roar made the dragons presence known again.


"You! This is all your fault! You will all perish for destroying my home! You insignificant four limbed nobodies!" The frenzied creature plummeted from the sky. Wings barely moving, it bored down on the three of them with unbridled hostility. Jax tightened his grip on the thirsty blade.


“If you want to finish this once and for all, then let's fuckface! Yo Grom! Hit me with some of that divine fury!”


“Ummm, ummm, uh ...Guys?” The healer pointed up stammering. Immense hands delicately clawing at the air, legs bending submitting to gravity...


The colossal woman folded.


All four individuals could only look up in terror as the largest rear in the world descended upon them with lightning speed.


“Hole,”


“Lee,”


“Shit.”


The giantess's shadow grew more and more oppressive every split second. The warrior called out as he watched the literal sky come crashing down.


“Buddy, do the thing. Grom... fucking do something!” But the healer stared up petrified. In a panic the warrior was about to move over to the stunned individual and try to do... what he didn't know. Only knowing something must be done. Looking straight past the individual staring up at their misfortune, Jax could see the curve of astrids body off in the distance. Size so incredibly massive, this wasn't some feature coming down on the party. Rather another plane of existence came crashing down. Devastating sounds of terraforming calamity caused all other senses to go blind. Muffled echoes of the geographical features of the countryside being altered and otherwise obliterated stretched on for quite some time.


But as they subsided, the two men cautiously open their eyes. Confused looks they threw each other and the hunched positions they had assumed, ready for undeniable end. Complete darkness except for the faintest burn of midnight, the two pivoted at a snails tiptoe. Airvin stood tall arms out and eyes aglow with arcane. A hemisphere of magical shielding around them, the three had survived the thief's small tumble. The two immediately hugged the mage singing possibly the most polite praise they've managed in quite some time.


"Please don't squeeze me too hard, I got to concentrate on this... You know, this little trick that's going to let us tell another tale." They offered plenty of space.


“Oh thank the gods! I swear I could kiss you right now.”


“I know what you mean. I'd even slip you a little tongue. You certainly earned it, you powerful bitch!” She rolled her eyes before all of them began plotting their next move. Taking turns with several ideas they finally managed one above the rest.


“I'll see if I can get a vision of where that idol is. Maybe if we can dispel it, or somehow activate it again... We can reverse her small ascension.” Grom suggested.


“Yeah, well like I said this trick took a lot out of me. I probably only got one more good stunt left in me today,” Airvin proclaimed.


“You feel how the ground keeps fucken moving? She's still getting bigger. And we gotta... No shirt cocking way! You guys look! Between those rocks right there! It's that damn hot headed asshole's crushed stupid face!” Sure enough, a mangled scaled jaw awfully close to the edge of the dome... A gathering of blood pooling against the barrier revealed the fate of the crimson tyrant. “Gods damn it! I wanted to be the one who killed it. Well put it on the board, Astrid got another kill.”


“I mean... Probably by accident... Cuz have you guys noticed? She's not moving,” Grom pointed out.


“Yeah, you see how she faltered? Obviously her equilibrium was off and she passed out for some reason,” Airvin said.


“Great. If she's unconscious, that means we have to save her, even though I really want to say...”


“Don't you dare.” the mage snapped.


“She's a big girl and can take care of herself.”


“That's so lame, even for you Jax.” The warrior opened his mouth to protest with something of a comeback, but decided against it. While the group continued discussing what they were going to do next, they still stood in mostly darkness. After too long a discussion, they reached a few conclusions.


“All right... We're going to find that idol, and see if we can dispel it or reverse what's happened to her somehow... cuz whatever's happening... well, it still happening,” the healer said.


“I can use my last big trick of the day to get us where it is, based on what we see and hopefully, I have just a smidgen left to manipulate or dispel the curse if need be.”


“What the fuck do I do?”


“Just keep staying pretty obviously.” the mage smiled.


“You know, I should punch you for that. But somehow that warms my demented ego.”


“Of course it does big guy. Are you ready for this everyone?” Grom asked. Hands together the healer called on a divine prayer. Within moments, a fragmented glimpse of sights far beyond their present location became clear. Once the swirling illumination had subsided the glowing idle rested atop of a vast expanse of leather.


“By Gods! There it is... and is that...”


“Ha ha ha! It's on her tiddy!”


“Okay, and I can't believe I have to ask this, but which one?” Airvin asked. As absurd as that thought was it also sobered the group up immensely. The massive field of armor didn't even hint at if it resided on the left or right. “Which one do we pick?”


“Well then... we've got to flip a coin don't we?” the healer asked.


“Well, we've got plenty of those around, and that was rhetorical. We're obviously going to go for the right one.” the warrior said.


“What makes you say that?” the mage asked.


“It's the right answer,” Jax said proudly.


“That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,” she said.


“Why? What's your argument for left?” he snapped back.


“We would be closer to her heart.”


“Now that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!”


“Fine then, Grom, you get to pick.”


“I actually have... A real coin here and since I'm not going to play favorites amongst you two... I'm going to let the gods decide.”


“Oh this is going to work out great for us, just you watch,” Jax said sarcastically. With a flip of that coin their fate was sealed.


“I vote left.”


“Can we just take a moment, and appreciate that we're arguing which one of her boobs were about to land on top of?”


“No we can't! Because she's still getting bigger!” Airvin yelled. More rumblings of the remaining mountain underneath them a stark reminder of the severity of the situation.


“All right, well fine. Use that trick, let's go. What do we all got a hug or something?” the warrior asked.


“No, that's ridiculously stupid. But we do have to hold hands.”


“Called it.” They quickly grasped each other while the mage began muttering a powerful incantation. Magical energy surrounded all of them and built to a mighty crescendo. A blinding flash consumed the party.


“Did it work? Are we on the right... I mean correct one?” Grom asked. Looking around at the impressive landscape about, they were all astonished at the surroundings. Astrid's chin looked so far away. None of the trio could glance where the growing giantess touched the ground. They all stood too close to her body to gather any angle downward. So many details about her protective gear, minor cuts, small char marks and even unseen punctures revealed themselves. Once unnoticed scars about the thief's leather armor, were now bigger then all three of them put together. Then they all caught the glow in the distance. Unfortunately, it was on the thief's other mountain top.


“Gods... fucking... damn it. That's the last time I let fate decide anything!” 

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoying the story? Who is your fav character? Leave a review and let me know! ^^