- Text Size +

The Shrinking Rapture. An incident that is unexplained and has affected the human population. Shrinking at an instant but at a slow rate. A slow rate where humans have falsely accused these ‘missing’ individuals of being kidnapped or some related serious crime. Little did they know these victims shrunk at an instant rate, half the size of a grain of rice. The clothes they wore would shrink along with them, which further proved that these people were kidnapped. Anyone was a victim. Your survival would be quite slim to none. Even if you did get attention from a normal-sized human, how would you react? Or how would they react? You are a bug, a dust mite. You easily would be smitten just for being the size of a bug.

This story will focus on a relationship dynamic between a couple. A sin had been committed by Alex, the boyfriend of Gwen. Cheating. The worst thing you could do when it came to dating and beyond. The relationship between these two has been put to the test. But that’s not all, a game has been set and was put into play as one of these individuals will be the next victim of The Shrinking Rapture.


- - - -


It was a Thursday evening, and Alex would be out doing his usual business and finishing up his work at the office. He currently was a supervisor back at the office he worked at. He was an honest man, hard-working, and would do what he could to provide for himself and his girlfriend Gwen. He loved her, as she would love him back in return. However, that’s how the relationship went for a year. Slowly it started to fall apart day by day. The two argued day after day as Alex felt more detached as days went by. That’s when he started hanging out with another girl, even worse when he was her boss. They had been chatting for a while, and started going out even while Gwen wasn’t aware of it. Gwen was a girl who loved a healthy and balanced life. This resulted in her becoming a fitness trainer. Day after day she would be with other guys, ones that were even more built than Alex would ever be. But she was loyal and vowed to stick with him no matter what. Sadly, not everything goes as you expect it. You can’t force someone to behave. But that idea was sure to change later on.


Gwen was aware of what Alex had been doing some days ago, thanks to a friend who reached out to her. The thing was once you started cheating, you had to watch who you talk to, where you go, and hope nobody sees you. With girls, they were always gossiping and chatting. She was given a tip, one that set her off. She needed confirmation for it. She had been bottling her emotions for the past few days, now it being Thursday, she would be sitting in their apartment that was on the fourth floor. They didn’t exactly live in luxury, but the apartment they had was better than most in the small city they lived in. Such a shame this apartment might be something they won’t be seeing much longer as she had enough of this relationship. With it being a Thursday night, Alex gave an excuse that he was running late due to a work meeting. She knew it was a bull.


Alex had no idea what was going to happen tonight, but he knew that confession was going to come up at some point. Honestly, he was just about to say the relationship was over before it was too late. He was waiting until he felt ready to say it. It felt awkward coming home every night and sleeping in bed with a girl you didn’t fall for anymore. Which does happen, but cheating while in the relationship was his fault in the end. He dug himself this hole. Not only Gwen was aware of this, but the ones at his work were aware of it too. He was ruining his reputation.


Up in the elevator Alex went, his girlfriend wasn’t sending him texts anymore. Usually, they were messages about driving safely or when dinner was ready. Instead, it was just silence. It’s been that for days now, he noticed she wasn’t too involved when it came to them interacting. That’s where he felt like the time was running out with this confession he had been waiting for. He was late getting home, he was driving that very other girl home as she didn’t have a ride. Tasha was her name. Alex would be wearing his uniform, a blue collar t-shirt as he had a pair of jeans with a belt wrapped around his waist. He worked at a manufacturing plant, but he would at most of the time remain in the office spaces.


Walking down the hall, he would enter the apartment space that Gwen and Alex would be sharing. Looking around, nothing was too out of the ordinary. But he heard the flat screen television on as Gwen would be sitting on the couch in a ladylike position, wearing her white tank top and blue yoga pants she wore. Her blonde hair would be at shoulder length as she typically would keep a bang curling over her right eye. “Hey babe,” Alex said as Gwen cornered her blue eyes as the brown-haired boyfriend or soon to be ex-boyfriend was standing there and played off like nothing. She stared away, looking at the television as Alex felt tense in the situation.


Alex shrugged it off, walking to the island counter of the kitchen as it seemed that she hadn’t made dinner. Great. Did he dare to say anything about it? He held his tongue, walking to the fridge, until he noticed something on the fridge door that was taped. A photo. It looked like a screenshot that was printed out. He stared at it as his heart was racing, feeling it beat out of his chest. It was a screenshot of a text message that he had been sending to Tasha. Someone must’ve leaked the DMs or Tasha did. That snake of a bitch!


“How was your night with your girlfriend?” She called out from the couch, putting a form of a fist on her chin as she leaned into it as support as her eye cornered. “She told me all about you~,” She said. “Gwen, I…where did you get this? You don’t believe this is real?” He said as he ripped the printed sheet of paper off the fridge, waving his hand out. This was it. She found out about the cheating. Even worse, he must of been played. Very likely by his own soon to be ex-girlfriends.


“Oh? Well, I think it’s quite real.” She said, getting up as her arms folded around her chest as she was quite upset. She had all the reason to be. But she didn’t want to start yelling either considering the neighbors they had. “She told me all about you. What you guys did. Not knowing…” She laughed a little, a small crazy laugh as her face started to go red as she shook her head. Her eyes would fixate on Alex's eyes. “She didn’t know we were dating…” She said.


“O-Okay, hold on a minute babe-” Alex said as he waved his hands out, still holding on to that sheet of paper. He had things to say but was rudely interrupted. “Get out you cheating bastard! I want nothing more to do with you!” She said, pointing her right index finger towards the door he recently came in. Alex had more to say, as he was starting to beg for forgiveness as his girlfriend attempted to kick him out of the apartment that he had been spending most of the rent on. 


“You can’t kick me out of my apar-” He said as his ex-girlfriend started getting closer to him. “I have been trying to bottle these emotions for days, waiting to know if what I was sensing was real or not. I work with guys better looking than you, only for me to be cheated on because you couldn’t be a man and confront your feelings for me!” She raised her voice. “I was loyal to you, I worked and would die for you! Do you realize how much it hurts to know that you’re willing to throw me away once you get bored of me? You sick fuck, I’d shoot you twice right now if I had the choice to!” 


Gwen was giving him an earful, her face going red as a tomato as Alex had a lot of guilt building up. Seeing how Gwen’s eyes began to water with the rage of emotions she was going through, it was all justified. He still wanted to hold his ground about the apartment situation. “Fuck it. If you’re not going to go. Then I. Fucking. Will!” She emphasized her words. “Gwen, wait, listen!” Alex would reach out for her as she began to walk away, putting his right hand on her wrist - which was a cautionary move on his part due to his desperations. 


Gwen reacted negatively as she was crying as tears came out of her eyes. “Put your fucking hands off me before I call the cops!” She yelled, nearly her voice started screaming as if someone might’ve heard her. “GET OFF ME!” She said as Alex wasn’t letting go, that’s when her right leg would raise and her right white sock-covered foot would straight up push against his crotch, hitting him in the balls it stunned him entirely as he fell back. That’s when she was about to run, grabbing her keys off the counter in the kitchen. Her fight-or-flight response would rise in her body. However, she came to a stop before she was going to make a mad dash out of the apartment and drove to her friend's house as she no longer felt safe here.


Alex felt his balls being pushed in, feeling hurt and weak down at his crotch. He fell on the side and his body landed in the metal trash bin they had. May this be a lesson not to touch a woman by how he did? He would be lucky if she didn’t file a complaint to the police department after this. He was on the ground, dazed as he tried to get up, however, things started to feel off with him. Slowly everything around him started to become hazy. Things started to become bigger and bigger - this involved the large female figure in front of him.


Gwen was staring at him in awe, the man figure of his ex would be diminishing in size, like magic. Little by little he started to become the size of a cat, then the size of a dog, then a mouse, and then the final size of just under half an inch, the size of just a single grain of rice. A size that many were reduced in size as Gwen was not aware of. In awe of the state she was at, her cheating ex was so small. She put a hand over her chest as she couldn’t believe it. She had to be dreaming…or he laced her with something. Any of those things were possible knowing Alex.


Alex would be dazed, he was so small in size at such a quick rate. It was almost rather instant as Gwen was one of the very few people to witness this magic happen. Alex blanked out. Gwen might have gotten the revenge she never asked for. But for sure she would take advantage of it. Alex not only was a cheating asshole but is now part of a new game. As many would be unaware, Gwen had been blessed to keep tabs on Alex with his current state. 


Alex was now part of a game, the game of The Shrinking Rapture.

Chapter End Notes: