- Text Size +

Chapter three

 

August 20, 1999

 

Rachel: “Let me get this straight. This world is rule jointly by Marilyn and Katie.”

Katie: “Actually, Marilyn rules this world. I’m a goddess in waiting.”

Geraldine: ”Not quite true. You were a GTS-Goddess, the day after you went to Wishbone. We had to wait until you were big enough to rule.”

Rachel: “I don’t understand.”

Katie: “I was only 4'10'‘ went I went to Wishbone. I wished that I was taller. Since then I’ve been growing at a rate of 1% per day. Around the same time the GTS lovers of America came on the scene. They soon dominated North American. Then things went from bad to worst, with the arrival of the empress.”

Rachel: “The who?”

Katie:  “Her real name was Shelly Murphy. Thanks to a growth potion she became a 1000 foot giantess. Fortunately for me, she got defeated by Luann Maxwell and the other GTS-Goddess. Unfortunately for me, they then appointed Marilyn as a babysitter for me.”

Geraldine: “Please remember, Katie was only 18 feet 4 inches tall at the time.”

Rachel: “Interesting. When did all this take place?”

Katie: “I went to Wishbone on March 27 1998. The time of the empress was late spring and the first half of summer.  August 9 1998 was the day Marilyn took over.”

Rachel: “So you have been growing for over a year?”

Katie: “Yes. And I continue to grow. If I may ask, how long did it take you to grow to your present size?”

Rachel: “A few minutes. That was back in June of this year.”

Katie: “Is your size constant?”

Rachel: “Yes. Why do you ask?”

Katie: ”Your luckier than I am. The size relationship between you and Brandon is constant. I’m doomed to grow until I’m miles tall. Not sure how my relationship with Kevin will survive.”

Rachel: “Really. Do you know how big you’re going to get?”

Katie then turned toward Geraldine.

Katie: ”Can you answer that?”

Geraldine: “Well Mr. G makes the final decision on Katie final size. A height of 50 miles is his current target for Katie.”

Rachel jaw dropped open, she had trouble imagining a GTS-Goddess that large.

Geraldine: “If you think that’s large. There are GTS-Goddess even bigger than that. But that not relevant to our talk.”

Rachel: “I’m starting to feel like a small goddess.”

Geraldine: “We are on the short side relatively speaking.”

Rachel: ”Maybe I should tell Brandon. That’s he lucky that I didn’t grow even bigger.”

Geraldine: AI plan to speak to him shortly. Quite frankly he’s spoiled to have a GTS-Goddess like you.”

 

While the GTS-Goddess were talking Brandon and Kevin found a spot on a hill. There was a lonely tree on the hill, so then men sat under the tree admiring the view.

Brandon: “Lovely view.”

Kevin: “Yes it is. If I may ask where are you from?”

Brandon: “I’m from Massachusetts. What outsides call my world I don’t know.

Kevin: AA Yankee. Well I’m from Nova Scotia Canada. Home world GTS-303.”

Brandon: “You’re not from this world?”

Kevin: “I’m from an alternate universe. My job was dealing with GTS-Goddess. And when I heard about Katie I decided it was golden opportunity for Humankind.”

Brandon: “I don’t understand. How would become Katie’s boyfriend help Humankind?”

Kevin. “Let me explain the situation. Katie is a slow growing GTS-Goddess. When I meet her back in late, may of 1998, she was only 8 feet, 8.3 inches tall and being held by scientists. I felt if I could get her to see Humanity as a friend not a threat. We would all be better off. As time passed, our relationship went from being friends, to something much more.”

Brandon: “The Katie I saw is hundreds of feet tall. When did she get so big?”

Kevin: “Katie grows by 1% each night. Every day she taller. It’s the one sore point of our relationship. We love each other. But Katie worried about the future. She’s afraid that she will get too big. But the truths be known. I will never leave her. I will always love her, no matter what happens.”

Brandon: “You’re a better mate for a GTS-Goddess than I am. Have you too considered marriage?”

Kevin: “I mention the subject to her, back in April. She said no. She’s too afraid of her future growth. Speaking of marriage what it’s like being married to Rachel?”

Brandon: AI had a feeling you were going to ask that. Let me tell you a story. There was once a man who wanted a normal life with a wife and kids. He found and then fell in love with a beautiful woman named Rachel. After a year of courtship they finally got married. On their wedding night, she made her husband promise that no matter what happened, they would never divorce. Two years passed, all was well. The man was even thinking of asking his wife, if it was ok to have kids. When suddenly out of the blue. His wife becomes a GTS-Goddess. All plans for the future are put on hold. Time passes. His hopes that his wife will return to normal are dashed. Rachel grows into a goddess role. We attract media attention. We become the odd couple. Instead of a normal marriage, our marriage becomes a freak show. I must be the only guy on the planet who afraid of falling to his death, while being with his wife.  Not to mention getting crushed to death.”

Kevin: ”But Rachel sounds like a nice goddess.”

Brandon: “She is.  Don’t get me wrong. I still care about Rachel. But I feel like a bug next to her. Afraid of being crushed to death. I tried to deny it at first, but I’m not suited for life with a GTS-goddess.”

Kevin: “It’s not easy at times. But we works things out in the end.”

Brandon: ”I want a normal life, with a normal size wife with normal kids. Is that too much to ask?”

 Geraldine: ”Yes it is.”

Brandon: AI wasn’t asking you.”

Geraldine: “You poor fool.  You don’t realize how good you have it.

Their have been five men married to GTS-Goddess. Of those men, three got killed by their wives. One of those men was my husband.”

Brandon: ”I didn’t know you were once married.”

Geraldine: “He was a real jerk. Treated me like I was his personal servant. Geraldine cook me dinner, wash my clothes. Do this do that. It drove me nuts, and it was decades before woman lib. Fortunately salvation came in 1906, when I became a GTS-Goddess. Stan (that my ex-husband name) didn’t like the change in my status. He tried to order me around. Saying I don’t care how big you are. You’re still my wife. I refused, and when he persisted. I put him under my foot and crushed him.”

 

Brandon: “Couldn’t you just left him?”

Geraldine: “I hated his guts. Besides my wishes is wants counts. Remember this, a GTS-Goddess wishes are infinitely more important than a Humans.”

Brandon: “That’s not fair. Humans have rights.”

Kevin trying to prevent a blood bath said,

“Ignore him, he doesn’t know any better.”

Brandon: ”Kevin. What are you saying?”

Geraldine: “He saying you can’t win.”

Brandon: “We will see. By the way what happened to the other two married who were married to GTS-Goddess?”

Geraldine: ”They lived long happy lives with their wives. Then they died of old age.”

Brandon: “They were suited for life with a goddess. I am not. She should find someone else.”

Geraldine: “She doesn’t want anyone else. Face it Brandon, a normal life is not in the cards.”

Brandon: “What is in the cards then?”

Geraldine: “Before I tell you, I want to show you something.”

Geraldine then picked Brandon up. Before he could protest he and Geraldine disappeared in a flash of light.

 

Brandon could not believe his eyes. One moment in was PEI then next in the foothills of a mountain range. What really caught his attention was the 6000-foot brunette before them. She seemed to talking to someone on a hill.

 

Darlene looked down at Brad. For two weeks they had a friendship. But now they were fighting.

Brad: “You’re going too far. I know you have reason to hate the military, but killing every solider on the planet isn’t going to help.”

Darlene: “Those Bastards murdered my mom. They deserve to pay.”

Brad: “You’re murdering innocent people. You’re no better than the military.”

Darlene: “That’s a lie.”

Darlene then slammed her fist into the hill side. Brad was killed instantly.

Darlene looked down at the damage she had done. Then she began to cry.

Darlene: “What have I done? I didn’t   mean to kill you Brad. Oh whys do I do things that I regret?”

 

Brandon was puzzled.

“Why are you showing me this? “He asked.

“Don’t you get it? You could be living with a goddess with a quick temper like Darlene. Rachel would never loose her cool like that. Something you should be thankful for.”

Darlene then noticed Geraldine for the first time.

‘Who the heck are you?”

“Name is Geraldine. I’m giving Brandon a few lessons in life.

“Leave me alone.” Darlene cried. Geraldine response was to disappear in a flash of light.

 

“Now where are we?” Brandon asked.

They were standing in a wheat field. Off in a distance appeared to a mountain.

“A world far away from your own. I want you to meet someone.” Geraldine then walked toward the mountain, to Brandon surprise it turns out to be a GTS-Goddess. She had red hair and was 6000 feet tall. She seemed to eating something out of a can.

“Brandon, I want you to meet goddess Margaret.”

“Nice to see you Geraldine. Did you have to bring him?”

“I want to show him. How you threat men.”

“Gladly. See this can? It’s full of hundreds of men. If I had my way, this would be your fate. Margaret then reached into the can and somehow managed to pull out a single man. He was about Brandon’s size, with dark hair and a beard. He seemed to be screaming but Brandon could not make out the words. Margaret then opened her mouth, dropped the man on her tongue. Then swallowed. Brandon watched the  lump go down her throat and into her belly.

“Why did you do that for?”

“Why not?”

“But he had a family that will miss him.”

Margaret laughed.

“I care nothing for family. Did you know, I ate my own brother and crushed my parents to death?”

Brandon was too shocked for words.

“Ah poor thing been around gentle goddess too long. You have forgotten that in the big picture Human lives are worthless. After all they are mortal. There going to die someday anyway. Why not kill them now?”

“You’re starting to sound like a Garhu.”

“I’m not sure if you mean that as a comment or an insult.”

“What’s a Garhu?” Brandon asked.

“That’s not important. I got to run Margaret Brandon got one more goddess to meet.”

“Please take me home.” Brandon begged but Geraldine ignored him.

The city stood on the edge of the lake. Judging from the skyline it looked prosperous. A shadow then fell over the city. An enormous woman, 70 miles tall then stepped on the city. Hundreds of city blocks were crushed. She walked on, crushing thousands of people with every step. She didn’t even brother looking down. It fact in was hard to tell if she was even aware of what she had done.

 

Brandon was appalled.

“Is she an evil goddess like Margaret?”

“No, just indifferent to Humanity fate. Her name is Florence. The point is many goddesses are indifferent to Humanity. Although I admit, Florence is an extreme case.”

“She just destroyed, um what was the name of that city?”

“Toronto, its Canada’s largest city. They were picked on by their fellow Canadians. They will not be mourned.”

“I’m getting a bad impression of the GTS-Goddess race. Are most of you bad?”

Geraldine was about to lie to him when I voice said,

“BE HONEST.”

“Who was that?”

“Mr. G. To answer your question. There are gentile goddesses out there.  Goddesses that actually care for Humanity. Personally I think their nuts. The point of this whole tour was to show you, that your fate could be worst. A lot worst.”

“That may be the case. But I still want a normal life.”

“Are you stubborn or stupid Brandon?”

“Probably a bit of both.”

Geraldine sighed.

“I was hoping it won’t come to this. It’s time to go back to your wife. We need to discuss your possible futures.”

 

Back on Katie’s world Kevin was telling Katie and Rachel about the exchange between Brandon and Geraldine, and how Geraldine abducted Brandon.

Katie: “I don’t like it. I think she trying to scare Brandon. I hope she doesn’t kill him.”

Rachel: “She better brings him back alive. Speaking of Brandon how did your talk go?”

Kevin: “He wants a normal life, period. A life with a normal wife and he wants normal kids.”

Rachel: ”I had hoped his desire for kids had gone away.”

Katie: “Could you two, even have kids?”

Rachel: “Good question. I might have to consider the possibility of having kids.

 

Geraldine then appeared with Brandon in her hand.

“Glad to see you brought my husband back, safe and sound.”

“We need to talk. I’m afraid it’s time to consider Brandon’s possible fates.”

 

Rachel: “What’s do you mean by fates?”

Geraldine: “Brandon has several possible futures. “ She turned to Katie.

“No offense. But I wish this to be a private conversation.”

Katie: ”Ok. I hope things work out between Rachel and Brandon.” She then picked up Kevin and left the scene.

Rachel: ”Why did you ask them to leave?”

Geraldine: “Some of what I have to say is sensitive information. Mr. G is considering several possible options to Brandon. Option one, would involve Brandon becoming a GTS-pet. But unlike the other GTS-Pets he would have free will. He would become extremely durable. Able to withstand anything Rachel would be able to dish out.”

Brandon: “I don’t want to become a pet. “

Rachel: “But you won’t have to worry about getting hurt while being with me.”

Geraldine: “He could still get hurt. But his body would regenerate.”

Brandon: “Their would be a huge size difference between us. I consider that a barrier between us.”

Rachel: “I agree the size difference is a pain at times. But there’s nothing we can do about that.”

Geraldine: ”No longer true. Option two would involve Brandon being grown to your size.”

Rachel: “Wait a minute. Mega giants aren’t allowed in GTS-space.”

Geraldine: “Mr. G willing to bend the rules, a little bit for Brandon. But Brandon would have to leave GTS-Space. Mr. G wants to shake up the Female Grow world.”

Rachel: “Isn’t that the world, we tried and failed to conquer a couple of years ago.”

Geraldine: “Yes. I think they deserve to have a mega giant, show up on their world.”

Brandon: ‘Don’t I get a say in this?”

Rachel: “What do you have to say?”

Brandon: AI like the idea of us being the same size. But not too crazy about becoming a freak.”

Rachel: AI won’t mind, you being my size. But to be with you, I would have to give up rule of GTS-732.”

Brandon: “You could let me go. Let us live our separate lives.”

Rachel: “Any other options?”

Geraldine: ”Basically the status quo. Brandon, remain remains married to you and remains an ordinary Human. By the way, in all options expect the first Brandon, would remain mortal.”

Rachel: “So the options are Brandon becomes a pet, or he becomes a giant and we go into exile, get a divorce or the status quo.”

Geraldine: “In a nutshell yes.”

 

Rachel and Brandon didn’t know what to say. None of the options stratified them completely.

Rachel: “How long do have to decide?”

Geraldine: “Not long. You have just a few hours.”

Brandon: “That’s not much time.”

Rachel was deep in thought. She wanted a husband, not a slave. But she was hesitant to leave GTS-Space. What would happen to her home world? On the other hand she would visit new worlds. Worlds she could dominate?

Rachel: “Tell me about the worlds outside GTS-Space. Would it be possible to dominate them?”

Geraldine: “It would depend on the world. No mater what happens you would remain a GTS-Goddess.”

Rachel: “The idea of touring the multi universe interests me. But what would happen to my home world?”

Geraldine: “The GTS-Goddess council would find a replacement for you.”

Rachel: “Well I’m leading toward option two.”

Brandon: “Well we would become a couple again. But I still prefer a normal life.”

Rachel: “Even if we had a divorce. You would never have a normal life.”

Brandon: “Why not?”

Rachel: “The string of once being married to a GTS-Goddess would fallow you everywhere. Besides I would not tolerate you getting married to someone else.”

Brandon gasped, he had not considered the aftermath of getting a divorce.

Brandon: AI didn’t realize that you were that jealous.”

Rachel: “You know I don’t like woman hoppers(men who go from woman to woman).”

Brandon: “Sigh. Let’s go with option two. At least having a companion will make being a giant bearable.”

Rachel: “That’s the sprit.”

Geraldine: AI will inform the council and make the arguments. By the way, Rachel, since you have chosen option two. Mr. G will give you the ability to travel from universe to universe without a ship.”

Rachel: “Cool. I get a power and save my marriage all in the same day.”

 

The end for now