- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A Steven Universe x James Cameron's Avatar crossover commission. The world of Pandora is visited by the mega-sized Diamonds.
RATING: R
TAGS: Mega, Feet, Crush, Destruction, Unaware, Butt

The new star had first appeared in the sky of Pandora many nights ago, and had remained there ever since. If anything, it had only grown bigger and brighter with each passing night, until it was revealed to the Na'vi that the object was no star at all. The blue-skinned people of Pandora recognized it as a ship, like the ones that had first brought humanity to this world, yet it did not quite look like any human ship they had ever seen. It was bigger by far, and more colorful too, with hues of blue, yellow, white and pink. Did it bring more humans, or was it another species? The Na'vi didn't know, but those who saw the ship and remembered humanity's attempt to conquer their world prepared to defend themselves again however possible.

The ship slowed as it approached the atmosphere, and circled around the thriving moon to the daytime side, where it floated, visible to millions of Na'vi for a thousand miles around. Suddenly, a beam of multicolored light shot down from the ship and hit the planet's surface. In the blink of an eye it disappeared, and in its place stood four figures, looking around this world they had arrived at.

The visitors definitely weren't human, though they did look something like them. They were four women from the look of it, each with her skin and her extravagant clothes in one of their ship's four colors: bright pink, blue, and yellow, and a white so pure and bright it almost hurt to look at.

It was only those four, yet they unsettled the natives more than even four thousand humans ever could, simply due to their immensity. By their reckoning, the pink one stood well over a thousand feet tall, a colossus so immense she was almost a mountain, yet she was the smallest of them all, and barely reached the others' knees. The blue and yellow ones were next, standing at over three thousand feet tall, and the white was the biggest by far at a mile tall. The Na'vi couldn't help but be scared of someone so massive as that.

Nor were they the only ones alarmed by these titans; all over the forests that stretched out in all directions from their feet, countless animals brayed and screeched, took flight and stampeded madly away, in their panic trampling over anything and anyone who obstructed their escape.

“You were right, Yellow,” White Diamond said a she saw all those things flying and scurrying around them all. Her voice boomed out over the land such that people for as much as a mile around cried out and covered their ears. “This moon will make a fantastic base of operations, once we do away with these creatures infesting it.” White raised her bare foot over a tiny clan of Na'vi standing near the new arrivals. Branches, leaves, rocks, and the remains of a few animals dotted her sole as it hovered overhead. The clan at once tried to flee, but White didn't give them the opportunity. Her foot came down on their little heads, crashing past the great trees among which they had made their homes. Thick bark groaned and cracked under her foot, giving way to her superior might. The flawlessly shining surface of her white foot crushed countless beings under her titanic weight, among them more than a hundred Na'vi. Almost the entire clan lay flattened among the thousands of toppled trees. Only a mother and child survived between White's toes, cowering as they looked up at those gigantic digits. Each of them stood taller than most trees of the forest, and as they curled, they tore into the earth and caught the last two survivors in their grasp. Her skin, hard as diamond, pressed against the tiny Na'vi, and in less than a second they had joined their clan as nothing but stains on her flawless skin.

The diamonds exchanged few more words among each other before spreading out to carry out their mission here: cleansing this world of all life to make it fit for colonization by the Great Diamond Authority. Each of them went on stomping out the native life forms under their immense bare soles, leveling everything in their path.

Despite herself, White had to smile as she stomped on more and more of these tiny little trees. How delightfully they crunched against her sole! It had been a long time since she last took part in clearing a new planet for their empire. Nowadays she had countless gems under her command to do everything for her, merely waiting for her to give the order so they could work with all their might to please their highest ruler. Hundreds of worlds had already fallen under the Diamonds' domain in that very manner, and thousands more would follow in time. It was a matter of pride for her to have give birth to such an efficient and well-oiled machine as that. Still, it was good sometimes to take matters into her own hands.

The Na'vi in White's path fled as soon as they saw her coming, saw the destruction she wrought upon the land. A few of their numbers flew up to her face on the backs of their flying mounts, the banshee or ikran, to see if they could communicate with the giant visitor and ask her to stop this destruction. But to White, the Na'vi were nothing but insects, indistinguishable in their insignificance from any other worthless creature from this planet. the few who managed to fly a mile up her body and reach her face were ignored if they were lucky. Their shouts and those of their mounts were too soft to reach her ears even when they passed right by. Those who tried to catch her eye, however, were casually swatted out of the sky by hands as immense as hometrees. Many were killed on impact; others were merely crippled and sent falling a mile down to the planet's surface. It all made no difference to White, and she and the other Diamonds continued their paths of destruction unhindered.

-----

Of all the diamonds, none found more pleasure in clearing the moon's surface than Pink. This was her first time taking part in something like this, and she was eager to prove to her sisters that she could be trusted to handle these tasks alone. Besides, this world was set to be hers once it was ready—her very first world to rule over, and the base from which she would help her sisters spread the might of the Great Diamond Authority to all corners of the universe. Yet despite the importance of this mission, Pink treated it almost as a game, and laughed as she destroyed more and more of the native creatures.

Yet when a small group of Na'vi managed to fly up to her face and make her realize that there were sentient creatures on this world, Pink paused her rampage in shock and surprise. She held up her hands, and the banshee riders landed on the field of bright pink that was her palm, looking pleadingly into her eyes. Pink held them close, Her eyes were filled with wonder as she looked on the tiny blue creatures. “Have I been crushing you little things the entire time?” she wondered aloud. A slender finger placed next to them showed her they were each a little shorter than the digit was wide.

The Na'vi shifted uneasily around her fingertip, but they saw that there was no ill intent on her face—nothing but curiosity. Even so they grew scared when she held a fingertip over their heads, but they felt more at ease when she only used it to pet their little heads—at least until she used it to pin a man down. He cried out in alarm, then groaned and grunted as he strained to wriggle free of it. Some of the others grabbed his arms and tried to pull him out, but her finger was too strong and the man didn't budge an inch. Then Pink put some more pressure on him and the man screamed in pain.

The sound of it was chilling as he was slowly crushed alive under her fingertip, starting from his feet and slowly going further and further up his body. His screams gave way to chokes as more and more of his torso was crushed, and then silence as his head finally followed.

The others felt sick to their stomachs, and when Pink merely giggled over it and wiped away his remains, flicking them off somewhere to the ground below, they hurried to mount their banshees and tried to escape. They wouldn't get far, however, before they were all trapped in a big, pink bubble. Their mounts smacked into the semi-transparent surface, and fell to the bottom of it together with their riders.

Pink held the bubble in her hands and peered at her catch. There were some fifteen of the tiny blue people and their strange flying mounts there, all uselessly banging and clawing at the force field that held them inside. They would make fine toys, she thought as she stored them in her gem, but playing more with them would have to wait until later; right now she still had more work to do.

Learning that there were sentient beings among all those tiny creatures she was crushing only made all the death and destruction she spread all the more fun for Pink. “Run away, tiny things!” she said, laughing at the sight of all those tiny people scurrying under the trees. Their bright blue hue made them easy to spot, and whenever she found a group of them fleeing, sometimes mounted on the backs of other animals, she held her foot over them, mocking them with the sight of their impending doom. Usually they scattered, but even if some did escape the shadow of her foot before her sole fell on the others, a simple swipe of her foot left and right took care of any survivors.

As Pink continued in her rampage, she eventually came across a tree that stood nearly half as tall as she did. It was one of the biggest she could see, and as she approached it she noticed dozens and dozens of those tiny blue creatures climbing down its branches. Did they live up there, she wondered? How quaint! Well, now that she knew, she would take very special care of their home.

The Na'vi from that hometree looked back in horror as the titan approached. Even the mighty tree shook with the power of her steps, as if fearing for its life. When her feet landed right beside it, the impact shook them so much that some Na'vi lost their grip and fell to their deaths. The others wouldn't be long in joining them.

Stopping by the tree, Pink leaned over to peer down at the little blue people. They were all looking back at her, petrified even as they clung to their hometree. She smiled, then rose back up to her full, towering height. Then, turning her back to them, she gave the Na'vi one last glance over her shoulder before carefully sitting on their tree.

The topmost branches snapped under her colossal weight, and crashed into the forest together with whatever Na'vi had been on them at the time. When her body settled onto the trunk, the bark groaned with the effort of holding her up. The tree wasn't nearly as sturdy as it looked—it was hollow in many parts, making it harder for the bark to bear Pink's full weight. It wasn't long before the first cracks rang out like gunshots and the tree started to collapse, collapsing bit by bit until the whole thing was nothing but a pile of broken bark under Pink's rear. The diamond laughed and twisted from side to side, grinding the ruins of the hometree down to kill the last few survivors. Then when she stood and wiped herself down, she held out her hand and shot a beam of energy at the hometree's remains, setting it ablaze. She aimed the beam back at the path she'd walked, too, torching whatever plants and creatures survived her passage through it. The flames were still slowly spreading as she turned away in search of more fun on this world.

-----

Blue Diamond's discovery of the Na'vi left the colossus delighted. “Such quaint creatures,” she muttered as she held one of the tiny things between her fingers. Even though they clearly possessed some small intelligence, they were astoundingly weak and primitive, no more than pebbles beside her. And there were so many of them, too, once you knew where to look. They infested this world like insects, and like insects they fled from her steps, scattering into great forests that did little to hide them all.

Crushing the one she held in her hand, Blue peered down at a small group of those beings running before her. As they fled, they saw a shadow come over them, and looked up to find her blue sole as their sky. Hundreds of Na'vi stopped and trembled in fear of it, but the foot swung past them and came down right in front, falling with such weight that the impact knocked them off their feet. A second impact came behind them, and then they found themselves flanked by both the giant's soles. Warily they stood, and looked from one foot to the other and back again, fearing for their lives.

Blue chuckled softly at their reaction, and slowly slid her feet closer together until the Na'vi were standing in a small sliver of land between her soles, totally surrounded by her bright blue skin. The impacts of her wiggling toes shook and scared the little tings, and they looked all around uncertainly, at Blue and her feet alike.

Finally, some of the little things tried to escape by climbing over her foot. She watched them crawl on her skin, barely able to sense them. The Na'vi were starting to think she might let them go after all, but then Blue used each foot to step on the other, crushing all those who had been trying to escape. One more step was enough to destroy all of those who remained on the ground.

Blue then walked to one of the hometrees, where she could see man more Na'vi gathered. She crouched over it, looking at the tiny things as they cowered on the branches, unaware of another clan that stood on the ground right beside her. The clan in question found itself almost right under an ass near as big as a mountain. After a moment, Blue started to ease herself down, and that mountain started fell on them all.

The clan never stood a chance. The trees all gave way under the colossal rear, being flattened into the ground. The Na'vi followed right after, and were all crushed so fast that they barely had time to feel it.

Now sitting, Blue stretched out her legs and left her feet up right beside the hometree. The plant was as tall as her soles, just barely reaching the base of her toes. The Na'vi on its branches looked out in awe and terror at those feet. They huddled together to comfort each other, and prayed to Eywa for deliverance, but seeing the sheer size of this titan's mere feet, they wondered if even Eywa with all her might could stand up to these invaders whose size put hometrees to shame and whose power could shatter mountains. For all that they wanted to believe that someone or something would drive these titans away, deep inside they felt a growing despair that nothing would ever be able to stand up to them, and that the homes their kind had defended against the human invaders would fall to these immense beings without even putting up a fight.

Before long, Blue's feet slid up to the giant tree and pressed against its trunk. It took only a little effort to break the whole thing in half and send it crashing down, but even then Blue wasn't done wit it. She pulled the fallen tree closer and ran her feet all over its length, casually gripping its branches with her toes and breaking them off one by one, then cracked and crushed the trunk between her feet, killing all those Na'vi still hiding in its hollows.

-----

“Is this the best you worthless insects can do? What a pathetic display.” Yellow Diamond's voice thundered down on the thousands of Na'vi and other creatures who had gathered around her, the force of her breath blowing away the banshee riders that swarmed her head. “And to think I believed you sorry lot might be able to pose some small resistance to challenge me.” It had been a long time since Yellow had encountered any meaningful resistance in her conquests. Most worlds the Diamonds spread to were uninhabited, and the few that did have life usually had nothing more than dumb animals to deal with. Sometimes there was a particularly brutish species, some powerful apex predator, that could pose a threat to lesser gems and require a diamond's attention to be dealt with, but outside of such cases the native species provided an opportunity for any real display of her might.

Despite their pitiful size, Yellow had hoped these natives would at least put up enough resistance to provide for her entertainment, and so after she noticed they were attacking her she stood still to see what they were capable of. Yet the Na'vi proved a disappointment in every way. Their weapons were so primitive that the might has well have been fighting with their bare hands, and their tactics were simply about attacking her all together, hacking away at her feet without doing anything. The most thought they seemed to have put into their attack was sending these riders up to her face to try and attack her eyes, but even the claws of their flying beasts did nothing to her eyes, and a blink was enough to bat them away.

Well, if they weren't going to do anything better than this, there was no reason to keep humoring these little insects. As the riders swarmed her face again, Yellow raised her hands at their sides. A swift clap was enough to crush them all at once, and in wiping her hands together she sent their corpses crashing down among their comrades attacking her feet. A curl and them a straightening of her toes flicked away those pests who had been attacking them, and then with her toes raised in the air she slid her feet towards them. Her bright yellow foot rushed over the forest like a landslide, burying tree after tree under its massive sole. The Na'vi turned and ran, but the shaking of the earth around her feet made them fall to the ground. They could only look back and wince as the massive wall of yellow overtook them all.

When Yellow inspected her foot afterwards, she found no recognizable sign of the Na'vi, their remains having already been wiped off by the thick cover of trees. With a sneer she set her foot back down, and as she looked around, she spotted another group of those tiny blue creatures running away. Yellow eyed them thoughtfully; had this been the plan of her attackers after all? To distract her with their worthless display and buy their families time to escape? It annoyed her to think that such weak and pathetic things might have succeeded in fooling her, if only for a minute. Well, they would all die anyways sooner or later, once she and her sisters had cleared the planet's surface, but just for that, Yellow would make sure these ones in particular suffered for it.

She marched up to the fleeing Na'vi until she stood over them, then dug her toes into the earth and traced a tight round circle around them to fence them in. Then when they were all looking up at her, she spoke to them. “Kneel,” she said. The Na'vi couldn't understand the word, but her face was so stern, her voice so commanding, that they knelt anyways, begging for mercy from this giant as though she were a goddess. Yellow smiled, then pushed her foot forwards. The Na'vi balked at the colossal toes encroaching on then. A couple of them, too slow to move, were crushed under them, but she allowed the rest to live for now. They huddled together now at the edge of the circle she had drawn for them, staring at her powerful toes.

“And just where do you insects think you're going? Come over here and worship me,” Yellow said. She pointed at her foot and wiggled her toes, rattling the Na'vi with the heavy impact of her digits. Once she stopped moving them, though, the clan came forward and gathered around her toes. By her tone and gesture they guessed at what she wanted, and they they readily knelt in the shadow of her toes, raised their hands to it in reverence, or even rubbed and kissed its surface.

Yellow couldn't feel them worshipping her foot at all, but still the sight of their submission made her smile. “Seems you insects are smart enough to understand your position after all, when one takes the time to make you understand.” She wiggled her toes again, watched the Na'vi cower from them and then return to worshipping still more fervently than before. For a while she entertained the possibility that these creatures might be trained to become servants of the empire, but she dismissed the idea before long. The creatures were even smaller and more pathetic than the pebbles back at homeworld. They were useless as could be except for the little entertainment it provided her to punish them.

But such entertainment wore off very quickly. Hardly five minutes had passed before Yellow grew bored of their cringing worship. She slid her foot forward, holding her toes over some of those tiny things while others trembled in the gaps between those powerful digits. Then, with a simple curl of her toes, she killed every last one of them, leaving them nothing but stains against her skin. Then she turned back to the land, surveying the destruction she had visited upon this land, and all the places she had yet to cleanse of these pests. She had gone easy on them before, but now she was done playing with them. She gathered energy, and released it in one big shock wave. By the time it dissipated, the land for as much as one mile around her lay barren, all the forest and all its inhabitants having been blown far, far away. Further afield there was still greenery, but all the trees had been toppled for miles and miles around, and nothing still survived there.

Nodding in approval of her handiwork, Yellow walked away from the devastation, in search of another place to destroy.

-----

As the giants continued spreading chaos and destruction across all of Pandora, the Na'vi flocked to their spirit trees, hoping to commune with Eywa, seeking guidance and protection. They weren't the only ones to come, either. All manner of creatures gathered with them, as if they had all been summoned there for some purpose. There was a calming sense of community among all beings there gathered, and many of them fell asleep, resting to recover the strength they knew would be needed in the days to come. But one such group was awoken at night by the sound and trembling of colossal steps. Waking up, they looked to the sky and saw a glowing white figure.

White Diamond shone like the moons as she approached, putting to shame the bioluminescence of the spirit tree. Still, its glow was more than enough to catch her attention. Though she had seen many glowing things since night fell on this world, none glowed as brightly as the tree, and the titaness walked up to investigate it. Her feet came to rest just beside it, big toes towering over the tree, and as she crouched down, her face and the rest of her illuminated the tiny grove almost as though it were daytime.

The creatures of Pandora lost their balance as an earthquake spread from her steps. The few of them still standing fell over like all the others as her fingers tore into the earth, curving under them all to uproot the spirit tree and all who had gathered around it. They were lifted up to her face, where her sheer brilliance hurt their eyes and forced them to squint as they looked upon her.

Before long the animals found their footing again, and they ran blindly away from her, dashing into the darkness only to fall off her hand and tumble all the way down, leaving the Na'vi alone to confront this titaness. They stood together under their spirit tree, feeling utterly lost. Was there anything at all they could do to save themselves and the tree? Was there anything anyone could do to stop this invader?

Suddenly a giant pair of fingers descended towards them, and pinched the spirit tree's trunk between black fingernails. In desperation, many Na'vi ran for the tree, trying to push her fingers away, but even all of them together couldn't have stopped her from plucking the tree out of the ground.

White turned it slowly around between her fingers, inspecting the tree. Its branches swayed helplessly under her power, bending to and fro. When she satisfied her curiosity, however, White Diamond simply pressed her fingers together and rubbed them together, the sheer force of that simple gesture turning the sacred tree to mulch and splinters.

The Na'vi cried out as if their souls were being ripped away. They knees shook and grew weak, and they fell on the ground, sitting or kneeling while they sobbed and wept. Some few of them found the strength to march up to the giant's bare skin, and pounded their fists on it in rage. They knew full well it wouldn't change anything, wouldn't harm a being who could topple hometrees and level forests under her step, but there was nothing else they could do save to curse this titan who so callously destroyed their homes.

White never felt their fists, nor did she hear their laments, but still she turned her eyes on them after dealing with their tree. Now at this distance she could plainly see that these creatures were sentient, and she looked on them as if for the first time.

After all they had seen, the Na'vi who looked into her eyes couldn't help but feel as though they were standing in the eyes of a deity, one even greater and more powerful than Eywa. All their lives they had known only Eywa, but now they they'd seen how helpless Eywa was to defend them from this invader, helpless even to defend herself, some of them thought that they might stand a better chance if they entrusted themselves to this colossus.

It started when just one of them raised his hands towards her, and cried out, “Oh, great white being, spare us, please! We've seen your power! We accept you as our deity! Spare our lives and we will obey you in everything! Only spare us, please.” Then others joined in one by one, until almost everyone was praying to White with voices that told of the ache in their hearts. Only the ones beating at her hand refused to join in, cursing her as a monster.

White watched it all without expression, but they could feel her eyes silently judging them. A minute later, when she determined these creatures were utterly inconsequential, she simply wiped them off her hand and stepped on them wherever they fell to make sure there were no survivors.

-----

The Diamonds marched all across Pandora, clearing the world's surface for their great project, until two days later they met at the opposite side of the moon from where they had started, each of them having left a vast swathe of destruction in her wake. Few living creatures survived on land, mostly out in islands which escaped the Diamonds' notice, or else in places that their colossal footsteps and destructive powers had missed. These last creatures, among them some mere thousands of surviving Na'vi, looked upon a broken world, littered with craters in the shape of footsteps and other still greater fields of destruction left by the Diamonds' power. It was all they could do not to break down crying at this loss of life and home. The trees of souls and voices had all been destroyed in the rampage, their brilliance drawing the Diamonds' attention to them and so bringing about their own destruction. No matter how hard they listened, they could no longer find the voice of Eywa, only loneliness and grief.

It would be a long time before they could try to rebuild and to carry on with their lives as best they could, but even then there would be no going back to what had been before. Soon the gems would begin arriving to colonize the moon, and the natives species would be reduced to a life as vermin scurrying in the shadows of the colossal gems, the new rulers of Pandora, while their machines sucked out what little life remained in their world to make more of their kind, putting up their dazzling crystal structures in the place of the sprawling forests and other rich ecosystems that had once covered Pandora.

Carrying on in the shadow of these titans, the Na'vi might have been all exterminated under the careless feet of lowly gems, had not Pink diamond decreed that any Na'vi found were to be captured and sent to her. The youngest of the Diamonds had taken a liking to the little blue people, and she had a small garden built in her palace for them to live as her pets, and sometimes as her servants. They learned to understand the gem language, and to obey whatever orders she gave them. Her sister's didn't understand her interest in those creatures, but they were content to let her indulge in it without saying a word.