- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A Guilty Gear story. A growing Elphelt Valentine gives her fans a show.
RATING: G
TAGS: Growth (up to Titan/Mega), Slow size change, Footwear, Destruction

The last echoes of a death metal scream died out amidst the cheers of a thousand fans all crowding the stadium, chanting their adoration for the members of Speothos Venaticus, and especially for the band's founder and lead performer, Elphelt Valentine. Their cheers rose to a peak as she raised a clenched fist, and quieted down as she pulled the mic to her mouth. “Enjoy the show?” she roared, and her fans roared back, their thousand voices more than matching the loudspeakers in their intensity.

Elphelt chuckled. “What a lovely crowd showed up today! We're honored you all came here to listen to us! And, now that I have your ears, I want to ask you a question. Everybody! Do you love me!” Another roar answered her, resounding deep in everyone's chests. “Whoo, that's a lot of love! Too bad there's not any more of me to go around for you all to love. Or, is there?”. Elphelt looked back at her band members and nodded. At the drummer's lead, the others started playing their instruments, just a constant, steady rhythm. The audience waited for Elphelt to join in and the song to begin, but they soon saw this music was only the soundtrack to the main attraction.

Elphelt put her mic back on the stand and walked to the front of the stage, skipping left and right as she riled up the crowd, bringing their chants in time with the music. Finally returning to center stage, she pumped her fists at her sides and gave a scream. Without her mic, her voice was drowned out by all the other sounds going on around her, but then something amazing happened.

The audience members doubted their eyes at first. How couldn't they when faced with something so incredible? Sure they could all see Elphelt growing, but that had to be some trick of the light, they thought, even thought the lighting hadn't changed at all. But a few more seconds into it there could be no doubt anymore: Elphelt really was growing. Already she stood twice as tall, and kept getting taller. The audience stopped cheering, and muttered among themselves asking if everyone else saw the same marvel as them, but the band played on, and the sound of Elphelt's still-going scream started reaching more and more of the audience as she surged to still greater heights. She stood one story tall, then two, three, four. The stage groaned under her massively increased weight, and soon that portion of it under her pink high-heeled boots crumpled up.

Her feet hit the ground with a thump that could be felt all the way across the stadium, but the band never stopped their playing, and she only paused her screaming long enough to breathe in. The audience members backed away, unsure what to make of all this. They knew it was part of the show, but it was hard not to be scared looking up at such a giant, even one as gorgeous and beloved as this.

At sixty feet, Elphelt was nearly as tall as the stadium itself. She no longer needed a mic to be heard clearly by everyone—even the loudspeakers were no match for her voice now. And still her expansion didn't slow; if anything, it only picked up the pace.

At a hundred feet tall, her boots had started wrecking the rest of the stage. The band had stopped playing by then, and hurried off the stage with their instruments. Frightened stagehands ran to fetch other equipment, casting terrified glances at the singer.

At a hundred yards, most of the stage had already been crushed underfoot. Her metal scream was a roar that rattled not only everyone in the stadium, but also entire city blocks around her. The audience had since retreated to the far end of the football field, but still stayed marveling at Elphelt's massive size.

Only once she passed five hundred feet did her growth gradually taper off. Her scream rose in pitch, ending with a commanding high note, and faded just as she finished growing at a hundred times her normal height. Catching her breath, Elphelt looked at her audience members, all pressed together at the far end of the stadium. She beamed at them. “There,” she said. “Now there's more than enough of me to go around!” She crouched, and slowly leaned back until her rear met the stadium's roof. Steel rafters crumpled up under her weight, being driven further and further down until that whole end of the stadium lay flattened under her, along with the stage and all the equipment the stagehands had been too frightened to rescue.

“And now, everybody, come show me your love!” Elphelt pushed her feet forward, bringing them just a few yards away from her lovely audience. The crowd hesitated, and looked uncertainly at her face. But when they saw her adoring smile, the first of them stepped forward, then the others joined in a trickle that soon became a flood of people, swarming around her boots and in the arch under her soles, climbing her shoes and hanging out on the spikes near the toe-end that were now taller than all of them, and others even daring to climb slowly towards her knees, with Elphelt watching them closely and preparing to catch them if they fell.

The giantess giggled and raised her back on her heels, rocking her toes up and down and her loving fans along with them. “What a sweet bunch!” she cooed, and gave a giggle that captured their hearts. “Tell me again now, do you guys love me?” The audience's cheer was maybe the loudest yet, though to her ears it was like the squeaking of a thousand adoring mice. “Then come and worship your beloved Elphelt!” A thousand voices cheered her name, a thousand lips kissed her boots and a thousand pairs of hands came to rub them clean, beginning a night of adoration that none of them would ever forget.