- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Long before there was a country in the untamed lands of Nuevo Iwerkos. foreign sailors found their way to the great Timed Rivers.
Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell was amongst one of the first settlers to sail to the Timed Rivers (pronounced tie-med rivers). His crew composed of him, the captain and his cabin boy, William 'Willie' Mouse. The seasoned Maverick admired Willie's loyalty and hired him to explore the new lands.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, this is a world populated by anthropomorphic animals. It is also a world where our laws of physics is practically, non-existent.
Therefore, expect wacky, nonsensical and hijinks to occur.

The day Captain Mitchell and Willie set sail, they shook each others' hands like they were in a band and ready to explore new lands.
What Maverick, a greedy, calculating but fair bobcat, did not know was, while young Willie was a loyal subordinate... he was also, a bit of a rascal, literally.
The little mouse would often play practical jokes with his colleagues. 'Jokes' such as tying someone's cow up a tree or playing a hippo's teeth like a set of instruments.
It was quite fortunate for Willie that Maverick did not know of his troubled past, most would say.

"Boy! Yer and me are going to be the first to set foot on the new lands! That's today, today yer hear me?" Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell growled whils smoking his cigar, steering his comically small steamboat that appears 'massive'.
"Haha, we're going to build an empire! Traders will think of us first in this whole new world, haha!" the mouse giggled while cleaning the cabin.
"Well s'cuse-a-you! You mean, I am going to be thought of first, in my whole new world, muhaha!"
Willie smirked, cracked a devilish smile and stopped what he was doing. His instincts were taking over, he must teach the captain a lesson.

Little Willie took his bucket and stealthily climed on top of Captain's room.
Still with cigar in mouth, the bobcat blinked and sheepishly mumbled,
"Now boy, I will divide that share ev-"
Maverick was interrupted when the trapdoor above was knocked open.
"Look, Captain! There's a helpless mouse in distress who seemed to have drifted here somehow!" Willie whistled and yelled.
"Where now??" the mischievious rodent dumped the large bucket of salt water onto Maverick's head, startling him. Willie snorted and laughed to himself and tried to slowly walked away from the trapdoor to the Captain's room.
Of course, the bobcat immediately bursted into the cabin upwards and in swinged his arms around utter rage.
"Why you little- I'll turn yer into seven servings of ratatouille! You'll hope yer never set foot on this ship! I will m-"
While Maverick continued cursing at Willie mindlessly, the little rodent looked at what's in front of the boat and gasped soundlessly...

"You will regret crossing me, yer hear me??? No one ever crosses Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mi-" the flaming bobcat suddenly stopped, turned around and gulped like a fish.
A giant iceberg lied ahead of the steamboat, taunting the two sailors with its reflective, shiny shell. Its image reflect in the eyes of the pair, frozen in place.
"YEOOOOOOOOW-' Before they can react, the ship made contact with the iceberg, colliding and blowing up into countless, little smithereens.
S. S. Maverick was no more...
...
...
Deep underwater, the lifeless Willie was drifting into the endless void, under the sea. He would have surely, soon enough, drift to his immediate death but... he did not.
Suddenly, a bright light drew near Willie and literally, extracted him from he was. He was pulled from the water in lightspeed, to an underwater, airlocked chamber, who knows where in the deep ocean.
..
"Gosh, where am I??" awakened, the mouse squealed and looked around.
"I have been expecting you." a disembodied voice called out to Willie."
"You?? Me?!? Who are you!" he questioned.
"I am... of another world. Where I come from, mice are pests who get removed."
"Haha, that's funny. Now show yourself, you big palooka!" Willie folded his noodle-arms.
"Hmph."
A light flickered in the shadows and reveal a tall, robed man. A sage, some may even say. This man was wearing a long, pointy blue hat patterned with stars.
"Ahhhh! Whaaat are you?" Willie screamed with hands on his cheeks.
The man shook his head and stared at him.
"I am a socerer, foolish little mouse. Now, if you want to explore the new lands, you are going to have to do something for me."
"What may that be, Mr. Socerer? Just letting you know, I am tired of taking orders, haha!" the mouse tapped his comically large shoes impatiently, arms folded.
"I need you to prevent wicked, evil forces from changing the flow of the worlds that I am tasked to protect. You will face great trials while traversing thru those worlds."
"Hot diggity dog..." the mouse blinked and then, he bursted into laughter.
The socerer stomped angrily and muttered,
"Fool! There is no humor to this. Your world will also be involved if we do not stop those forces! You will face dire consequences if you do not take up this role."
"Just let someone else do it, haha. I am no hero material, y'know!" Willie put his arms behind his back and grinned.
"Winnie will perish too, if you decide to sit back and do nothing. It has to be you, Willie." the socerer muttered truthfully with glimmers of hope in his eyes.
"What... did.. you... just... say???? Ok, y'know what? I'm sicked of playing your games. Let's get this over with, haha!" The mouse chuckled.
"I take that as consent. I will now send you to the first world. Protect those displaced and eliminate the evil forces. Good luck, mouse." the socerer shook his head and did some weird gestures. He performed some sorcery that made Willie vanish into thin air.


Meanwhile... deep within an enchanted foresr. A shadowy figure stands on a giant leaf on top an equally giant willow , seemingly observing something oh so severely important from from the green shadows...
"Insolent fools... you did not hide her well enough."

[TO BE CONTINUED]