- Text Size +
Deep in the forest laid a seemingly ordinary cottage. It was the cottage that could belong to any peasant... but this one did not. This cottage was home to the seemingly peasant Briar Rose, who was secretly the princess of this faraway kingdom, Aurora.
As an infant, Princess Aurora was put under a curse by the evil witch, Maleficent, who has not been seen since the princess's christening. She was cursed to fall into an eternal slumber after she prick herself with the spindle of a spinning wheel.
To protect the princess from the curse, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, the good faires loyal to the king and queen, brought Aurora to a deep forest where no spinning wheels could be found and raised her as the peasant, Briar Rose.
Early after sunrise, Briar Rose, as usual, made her way down the stairs to greet her guardians. She climbed down the stairs barefoot while wiping the railing of the stairs, as part of hsr daily routine.

"Well, and what are you three dears up to?" Briar Rose asked curiously, as the three 'ladies' quickly turned around.
"Up to? Up to? Up to? the trio acted rather suspiciously surprised.
She stared at the them with broom in hand.
"Eh, eh, eh, we, we, well, we, we…" Flora stuttered.
"Want you to pick some berries." Merryweather took over.
"That’s it, berries!" Flora exclaimed.
"Berries?"
"Lots of berries!"
"But I picked berries yesterday." Briar Rose was puzzled.
"Oh we need more dear."
"Lots, lots more!"
Soon, Briar Rose got dressed in her cloak and with basket in hand, made her way out, listening to her guardians' requests. She walked into the forest green domain barefoot, nurtured by the wonders of nature and started to hum..

Meanwhile, a few minutes earlier, our cabin mouse, Willie, had fallen into a vast, endless field.
"What did you do to me! Where am I?" he yelled but to no avail, there was no answer. Only the chirping of birds and the sound of the wind.
He started to investigate the enviornment around him, seemingly seeing nothing but large, tall patches of grass.
"Oh boy... how am I going to get home to Winnie?" Willie sighed and continued to walk.
As he continued to walk, he remembered what the socerer said to him, to find the evil forces and eliminate them.
Maybe I will knock them out by chance, he thought. Willie started to look further around, titling his head up and scanning up, down, left, right, nothing special, it seemed. "Wait what?? Hot dog! That tree is huuuge!" he stared at the giant willow miles in front of him. Soon, Willie would have discovered that was not the only thing that was huge.
BOOM.
BOOM.
BOOM.
The ground rumbled as Willie slowly turned around. What laid in front of his eyss were a pair of monstrous, giant feet. They were larger than at least five hills combined and each had five giant round and slender toes in front of them, each big enough to flatten the steamboat he was on about an hour earlier. As he tilted his head upward, he found out that the pair of feet belonged to a gorgeous young woman, with violet eyes and a black headband that accompanied her golden hair.
"Hot dog! This is probably not the 'evil force' that the socerer warned me about, but I gotta go!"
Despite her being thousand or million times larger than Willie, the unsuspecting Briar Rose was catching up really quick, especially for that size.
"Please, oh socerer.. give me a hint of where the evil forces are!" Willie cried real tears while spinning like a tornado, running away from the godly, dirt-filled sole that was about to crush him. A lot of things were pasted on it from a trampled flower to a dead insect...
BOOM!
The monstrous foot barely missed. Willie Mouse would have been turned into mouse-paste had he ran a second late! Willie quickly ran to the left as he saw the right sole about to land.
BOOM!
The mouse dodged again but this time, large debrises of dirt flown from Briar Rose's foot to Willie, stunning him temporaily.
"Oh boy... it's over.." he yelped.
...
Just as Willie thought he was about to be ended by the unaware Briar Rose's gargantuan bare feet, she stopped moving.
Then, something graceful came from her mouth, her beautiful singing. Graceful to the regular-sized animals in the forest but not to Willie.
Quickly getting back up, Willie ran away covering his round ears and yelled for help.

Unfortunately, Willie caught the attention of someone he did not expect, not the socerer... not the gigantic Briar Ross... but the evil witch herself, Maleficent, on the giant willow.
Unaware that the witch was on that, Willie climbed up the willow like his life depended on it.
"Hmm... this must be the creature that is sent to meddle with my affair. I must eliminate it!" Maleficent raised her staff and cackled.

Willie overheard the witch's words and gasped. There was no way he could defeat that evil witch! Just as he was about to give up, a magical broom flew to his hand like a boomerang returning to its owner.
At this moment he heard the voices of the socerer.
"Use the broom! Swing it across the evil witch!"
Willie nodded and continued climbing up, with broom in hand.
Maleficent spotted him prepared to strike him with her dark magic. Luckily, he used his small size as an advantage and nimbled onto the leaf.
"You imbecile!" the evil witch grit her teeth and prepared for a second strike.
"I think you are the imbecile here, 'mam!" the mouse striked his broom at the evil witch, knocking her head with a critical hit.
"Agh! You'll pay for this... THEY WILL COME FOR YOOOU!" the witch laughed as she fell onto the vast grass field of the giga-sized forest.

Willie scratched his head and then spectated on top on the leaf, as the Maleficent's body was soon covered by a large shadow, belonging none other than Briar Rose's giant foot.

BOOM!

"Huh.. weird... why is there green smoke coming from underneath my foot..." Briar Rose raised her eyebrow and stared at the ground.
"Oh well, off to pick up more berries!" she smiled and continued to sing her song, about a stranger she met once upon a dream...

"Boy..." Willie stared in shock and awe. He wanted to go home now... after this near-death experience.

Just as he started to climb down, a mysterious hand grabbed his leg and dragged him into a portal that appeared out of nowhere.

"Aaaaaaaaaa!"

[TO BE CONTINUED]