- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry for the long delay between chapters. i happened to catch covid and could not really write in that state. i plan to write chapters more often from now on. have a good read everyone!

In the morning of the next day Lucas would wake up in his bed completely nude. He looked to his side and next to his head on the pillow laid Light sleeping. Even tho she had her own bed she would still sometimes sleep next to Lucas which he always found cute. Young mage got up from his bed as gently as he could to not wake up his tiny companion and dressed up. He put on his usual robe and clothes and his boots. He packed his backpack with some camping gear like a fire crystal, a sleeping bag, a knife, water crystal and some food that he would eat. He set out from his house leaving the door closed since Light could enter through the window anyway if she wished to leave the house.

He left the city through the huge gate that was about 16 meters tall. It needed to be this tall for Elf’s trading caravans that were often really tall with their bigger animals and supplies. When outside the safety of the city gates Lucas breathed in fresh air and looked down at the grass below his boots. He was on his own now. Without any horse or faster way of transport he simply walked forward with a compass in his hand knowing somewhat in what direction his goal was. Lucas would be passing through a forest and noticed something weird about said forest, some of the trees were snapped in half like twigs, some of the broken trees were covered in what looked like a purple goo. Lucas having enough experience determined that a slime had to pass through here recently.

Keeping in mind the fact that one of the giant races was here recently he walked along the road until he found a village, or what was left of it. This must have been what the mayor was talking about. A whole village destroyed by a slime. Jacob walked down the main street of said village with all the buildings crushed in one way or another. Some of them looked to be ripped apart from inside as if the slime poured itself inside before exploding it open with it’s own body mass. Another thing that Lucas noticed was that there were no bodies, he have heard how slimes can digest everything completely by keeping it inside of their body. So said slime most probably has quite literally eaten everyone in this village. A shiver run down Lucas’s spine as he imagined how it must have looked like. Some left over purple goo was a confirmation that no other giant race could have been responsible for this.

Lucas passed through a few of the buildings finding some belongings of past residents. He felt really bad about it but since no one would use those items anyway he looted some gold coins and some dried meat to eat later in his journey, hunting in the giant’s territory may proof difficult if not impossible after all. After taking what could have been taken Lucas left the left overs from the slime’s feast and wandered forward slowly starting to see the border that separated the giant forest from the smaller one. Gigantic trees extending so high into the air that one could think they would be touching the sky. Looking up in awe Lucas made a crucial mistake as he has not noticed a slime on the floor that stuck to his shoe. As he tried to take a step forward he would be pulled backwards and fall over onto the floor getting stuck to the slime that covered the entire ground around him.

“Oh no no no no no! This can’t be it!” Lucas thought to himself almost saying it out loud but stopping himself from doing so.

What Lucas has stepped into was the same slime that has destroyed the village. Said slime was asleep. When slimes go to sleep they deflate and spread their body flat around a pretty wide area. Now it was getting increasingly more clear that Lucas has stepped onto a sleeping slime. The purple stain extending far far forward and to the sides making a gigantic puddle that was alive and sleeping. Lucas did his best to calm himself down, he pointed his hands upwards pointing at close by trees and used his magic to shoot out chains from his palms. His magic chains wrapped themselves around the trees and he tried to pull himself up. But no matter how much he pulled the slime would still be stuck to his face, his chest, his stomach and his legs keeping him laying down with his head to the side so he could breath at least. Lucas tried and tried to pull himself free but there was no way he could have more strength that the slime had.

But out of a sheer miracle or something more sinister he was able to pull his torso and legs off from the slime with now only his feet being stuck to the ground. He looked around to confirm that the slime was sleeping and noticed something weird. A boy standing next to a tree around his height. Said boy slowly approached Lucas and when he came into the sunlight a terrifying realization hit Lucas. This was part of the slime that was trapping him, it was not asleep anymore. Lucas tried pulling himself again but it didn’t work as expected.

“Oh mister, what are those chains? When did you manage to tie them up there? I thought you were stuck pretty hard.” The slime exclaimed now standing in front of Lucas and putting his hand on Lucas’s chin to lift the mage’s face to face his.

“T-those chains? I just made them. It’s just simple magic.” Lucas exclaimed trying to play it safe as he was not attacked straight away.

“Magic? What’s that? What’s magic? I haven’t heard about it. So you can quickly make chains? That’s magic?” The slime slowly tilted his head to the side and looked interested.

“Y-you don’t know what’s magic? S-so you want me to explain it to you? I c-could do that I guess.” Lucas replied hardly keeping his calm facade.

“yes! Tell me about this whole magic! I want to know more about it.” the slime boy put his hand on Lucas’s shoulder and pushed him down until Lucas was sitting down with his ass stuck to the slime floor.

Lucas took a deep breath in feeling the slime soaking his pants and his robe. He felt it against his skin. The slime was very sticky but only when the slime person wanted it to be. The anatomy of the whole slime species was like magic in itself. They could freely morph their bodies, they could reproduce by splitting apart, they didn’t even have genders and they often changed those from day to day. Some slimes didn’t even like having a human like form and stayed as a blob their entire life. And now Lucas has found a curious slime of the same color as the one that destroyed a close by village. All evidence pointed to the fact that this very slime has massacred and devoured everyone from that village.

“A-alright. I will tell you about magic. So ummm where to start uhh… so some humans and elves are born with a natural talent for it. They sometimes show signs of magic affinity during their childhood, like making some simple magic spell on accident, or lighting a fire with a touch of their hands. And if magic is trained it can do so much more. I focused my training on mastering making those constructs of chains. I can freely control them and use them for different things. I can use them to help me climb something, or use them to restrain someone or use them as whip like weapons. I choose them for the versatility that I could have. And-” Lucas was suddenly cut off during his monologue about magic.

“So you are special for using magic? That’s not fair! I want to use magic too! Tell me more!” the slime boy seemed to be getting impatient looking at his prey with hunger and anger in his eyes which terrified Lucas.

“I-i mean everyone can learn magic, just some people learn it faster than others. Just when you decide to learn one type of magic it is important to know that once you master something you will have more difficulties mastering other genres of magic. And if you try to learn a lot of different types of magic each one will be a lot weaker than if you focused on only one type of magic. All magic is about creation, you make new things. Like chains or fire or a lightning.” Lucas tried his best to continue with the request he was given, his forehead was sweaty and it was rather clear to anyone that he was scared.

“creation? Like I just have to make stuff appear? I can do that already! Magic is lame. Look I have my own “chains”.” the slime boy exclaimed and got up from the ground looking at Lucas.

Slowly the slime boy just merged with the floor and slowly melted into it disappearing from view. A bit of silence ensued of Lucas still being stuck to the floor and then poof something grabbed Lucas's hand. He looked over and saw what looked like a slime tendril under tension attached to his hand and pulling at it. Then another tendril attached to his other hand and pulled it in the other direction. Both tendrils emerging from the floor below him. Then the whole slime started to bring itself together pulling Lucas along the floor closer to the center avoiding trees. The slime below him started to grow thicker with the tendrils still holding his hands. And after a short while he found himself in a gigantic slime hand with tendrils emerging from it’s fingers. Lucas was high in the air as the slime was now sitting on the ground below crushing a few trees with his gigantic ass on accident. Tendrils soon grabbed onto Lucas’s legs pulling him upwards and hovering him above the slime’s hand with those makeshift chains.

“See I told you that I can make chains too! It’s nothing difficult at all. Really I don’t understand why you were bragging about it so much. I can use magic just fine and I didn’t need any training.” The slime boy exclaimed proudly with his other hand supporting his head, his elbow resting on his thigh.

“I-i see. Congratulation then, you must be an expert hahaha. Those are really strong chains. I’m sure you are a great mage” this wasn’t really magic but Lucas couldn’t risk angering this slime monster.

“yeah certainly better than you huh? Well I kinda like you silly guy. I think I will take you with myself for now. I should show you where I spend a lot of my time. This nice meadow with a lake nearby. Oh and ummm my name is Seb if you wanted to know” Slime spoke up again.

Seb slowly got up from his butt, he used his other hand to help himself to get up, the remains of the trees stuck in his thighs and ass would quickly slip out from inside of him as he stood up to his full height of 30 meters. It was the most average height that a slime could be at. It was so called upper limit of a size that a slime could achieve. And this one looked to be in his prime age. Tendrils slowly rotated Lucas so that he could see in front of Seb and below of him as well. Lucas watched as this huge slimy foot pushed away trees from it’s way snapping them like they were nothing in his way. Lucas could see the destroyed village looking like a bunch of tiny doll houses from up there. Giants really had a twisted perspective of the human world with a view point so high up. Nothing that humans made looked serious or dangerous. From a giants perspective it all looked like toys to play with. And so Lucas’s first quest into the giant territory has changed into a mind game with a slime boy who now held Lucas in the palm of his hand.