- Text Size +

The following day Nickolas had made up his mind as to how he would tell Ann his decision. Ann was washing her face at the wide part of the river that ran near their camp. As he walked toward her Nickolas’s mind flashed back to that night he saw Ann bathing. His mind kept replaying the moment before she saw him, the water cascading down her body the moonlight draping itself over her womanly curves. She was gorgeous and no difference in size changed that fact, if anything it magnified it. As he neared Ann she finished up and stared at him with a smile beaming on her face. Nickolas knew that smile was for him and him alone. It left a feeling inside him that was a mixture of  joy and longing. He smiled back up at her and as he looked into her intense golden eyes his heart nearly let go and he had to fight to not confess his feelings for her. Instead he just laughed and wondered why she was always so happy to see him. Nickolas walked down to the river edge and splashed his face with the cool water. As he wiped his face he turned and addressed Ann. “I’m staying with you Ann, whether you let me tag along or not I’ll follow you as best I can even if you tell me not to and leave me behind, I’ll follow you for as long as I can,” Nickolas finished with a defiant yet nervous look on his face. Ann’s eyes welled with tears and she whispered, “Ok, I’m glad we can stay together.”

As Nickolas packed his meager bag of belongings and camp necessities he took a mental tally of what he had and the things he was out of that he would have to acquire before too long. He needed some salt, a new kettle since the handle had broke off his, some bread, and some meat other then fish would be a true treat. Nickolas shouted up to Ann, “Hey I’m out of a few things if we get close to a big enough town lets stop so I can pick up what I need.” Ann nodded down at him in confirmation. Going into town was always stressful for Nickolas he had to walk into town alone, and find someone to work for to make the necessary money to buy what he needed. How long he worked depended on what the actual work was, how well it paid, and how much money he needed. If he couldn’t find work he had to steal what was needed. Needless to say he was always tired and sore when he returned to Ann. Normally when they travelled there was a lot of walking involved for Nickolas and a lot of waiting for him to catch up for Ann.  Not to say that Ann hadn’t offered nearly every day to carry him, but Nickolas refused every time. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust her, he trusted her with every fiber of his being. But there was something similar to pride that kept Nickolas from accepting her offer. He wanted to prove that he was capable of keeping up that he was literally able to stand on his own two feet. Manly principals aside Nickolas hated to admit it but he was terribly claustrophobic and the idea of traveling miles clutched in a hand worked at his nerves to say the least. As they continued on their way Nickolas worried about keeping up didn’t see the tree root sticking up from around its bed of dead leaves. The ground quickly rushed up to meet him as fell. Nickolas sat up and muttered a brief “Shit! Hey Ann wait up.” Before he could get up Ann was already crouched down next to him her face filling his view. Nickolas tenderly felt his ankle it was already swelling. Ann anxiously looked at him and questioned, “Its not broke is it.” Nickolas attempted to get up and Ann instantly extended a finger to help steady him. Nickolas managed to get up and holding on to Ann’s finger gently applied his weight onto his ankle although painful it wasn’t unbearable. Nickolas looked up at Ann and breathing a sigh of relief said, “No its not broke just sprained I think.” Ann’s look of concern changed to slight annoyance “You never would have hurt yourself if you weren’t trying so hard to keep up, If you’d just let me carry you, you wouldn’t be tired all the time and you wouldn’t be hurt right now.” Nickolas looked down at the ground and quietly said, “I don’t want to be carried around like some kind of lap dog or something, I may be smaller then you Ann but I’m still a man.” Ann thought for a second then replied “I have an idea, I’m going to pick you up ok.” Ann’s fingers gently wrapped themselves around Nickolas’s waist. He marveled at the dexterity of her massive digits. Each finger was at least as big around as him but they were somehow still very feminine each slender and long with a soft un-callused womanly touch about them. He was lifted off the ground and placed on her shoulder as her hand guarded him from falling she said, “Take a few strands of my hair and tie them around your waist, they’ll keep you safe and you don’t have to be afraid of falling.” Nickolas did as he was asked and as they began to walk he had to agree that this was a better alternative to running behind Ann or being carried in her hands. Sure he was technically still being carried but he was able to walk around on her shoulder and hold a conversation with Ann with ease. And the view didn’t get much better, he was seeing the world from a point of view no man had ever seen before. It was a point of view that only he and Ann could see something that sealed their bond and connected the two on yet another more intimate level.