- Text Size +

Ann and Nickolas talked for some time and then sat in silence watching the flames of the fire leap and dance, until Nickolas dozed off under his makeshift blanket. Nickolas awoke and was instantly blinded by the bright sun of a new day. As his eyes adjusted his field of vision was filled by two giant gold eyes accompanied by an entire giant face just feet away from him. Terrified he jumped up and grabbed a large stone and threw it with all his might. As the stone left his hand the night’s events flooded back to him. He immediately began to apologize to Ann as much from the heart as to appease the anger a giant could dish out. “Oh my gosh Ann I’m so sorry, I just woke up and you scare… I mean startled me and I just acted. I didn’t think, I just threw,” Nickolas apologized. Ann looked at him smiled at his nervousness and simply replied, “No, it’s ok that was my fault I shouldn’t have been so close.” She fidgeted and continued, “I was trying to get a better look at your face, it hard for me to see exactly what you look like. It’s too small from far away. I’d be pretty scared if I saw someone as big as me when I first woke up too.”  Nickolas looked up at her and asked, “would you like to get a better look?” Ann nodded and laid down flat on her stomach her chin on the ground, causing the ground to shake like a mini earthquake. Her golden yellow eyes focused on his face and Nickolas noticed she still had to squint to get a good look and make out his features. She was so close his hair moved as she breathed. She had bizarre breath it wasn’t bad in fact it had an almost floral scent to it and it was warm but not hot like normal breath, it was like a gentle breeze on a warm spring day. After standing still for sometime he walked towards her face when he was within feet of her face he reached out. She pulled away before he made contact, “Wait” he whispered. He reached out once more and touched her skin. It was warm and unbelievably soft. His hand moved up towards the tiny gash the rock he’d thrown had made. It seemed to be healing before his eyes. A moment later Ann carefully pulled away and sat up once again towering over Nickolas.

In the days that followed Nickolas learned many things about Ann. She didn’t know why but she didn’t need to eat she just drank water. She healed amazingly fast. She had no memories about where she’d come from but had to be hundreds of years old and didn’t look a day older then nineteen. She had previously been worshipped and lived in this cave as a goddess to a community of holy men. After the monks all died she had only had a few visits and all had viewed her as a monster and fled back into the forest to take their chances. Nickolas was the first person she could remember who treated her like a normal person.  Ann had also never seen or heard any lost spirits in the forest; it was dangerous but only at night due to the animals that hunted there. During the days Nickolas caught fish in the deep pools and shallow streams with a pole made from a stick and a strand of Ann’s hair. Which was perfect because her hair was very strong but each strand was very fine.  At night Nickolas began to notice that Ann would leave the cave for an hour or two every night once she thought he was asleep. As tall as the cave was she had to duck to get through the opening. It was an awe inspiring event to see her standing above him. She refused to stand up to her full height the few times he’d asked. She’d said she felt big enough just sitting near him, and that he’d be terrified if he saw how big she really was. One night Nickolas decided he would follow her, just to see where she went.

Once Ann left the cave Nickolas snuck out and followed the sound of cracking trees. At one point the sound stopped and he feared he had lost her. He was about to give up and head back when the sound of splashing water caught his attention.  He followed the sound and before him was a sight he knew he shouldn’t have seen. In the deepest pool in the forest the one with the tallest water fall was Ann. She was nude and bathing. The moon reflected off the water illuminating her giant perfect body.  She was clearly unaware that anyone was there, and continued to bathe. As badly as he wanted to leave and give her privacy he couldn’t tear his eyes away. He felt his body begin to heat up and his face flush with a combination of embarrassment and arousal. Finally he tore his eyes away and turned to leave as he took his first step he tripped over a tree root and fell. Ann’s eyes shined in the moonlight and locked onto the spot Nickolas laid. “Nickolas!” she shrieked turning away in an effort to hide herself from him. As she turned her back to him he noticed her back was covered in thick scars like you see on slaves that have run away and been whipped nearly to death. Nickolas turned away and quickly got to his feet and ran back to the cave.