- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is just the beginning of what I hope will be a series of stories. It's basically a descriptive chapter, I'll post a follow up with more meat on it in the following chapters.
John and Amanda had been dating for a couple of years now, though they had been friends for much longer. For a couple that everyone pegged as destined for marriage, it was not such a great step when the time came for them to move in together. Packing up his belongings over a weekend, John looked around at the bachelor pad he had bought after selling the company he had grown during his early twenties, Vision Software Inc, a company that had made him fairly wealthy and allowed him a lifestyle few of his mates could imagine, let alone afford. With his newfound wealth, John had come to realise a few things about life, like the fact that it was lonely at the top and that true friends, let alone true love, were ideals that were hard to find especially when everyone you met seemed to be chumming up to you for your cash or connections.

Which is why John came to truly love Amanda. In the years prior to their relationship, he had been with his share of beautiful women, even had a couple of long term relationships that he remembered fondly. Moving around the apartment putting away his old stuff in boxes to be moved or sent to the local charity, he remembered the look of awe in Amanda's face when he first invited her back to his place. The petite girl with the black, round rimmed spectacles had hardly made an impression when he first met her at a company event, but over the next few months she had come to be one of his most valued employees and a few months after, his closest friend. Amanda was the kind of girl you wanted to bring home to meet the folks, but when she wanted to, she could also be the kind of girl you wanted to have all around the kitchen. And she could cook too...

"John! We've got to go! The cab's downstairs already and I'm sure Andy and his movers know exactly which boxes to send to my place and which to send to the home," he heard her say in that sweetly pitched voice she gets when she's excited.

" I'll be right down beautiful, just getting a couple of shirts for dinner tonight," John replied while proceeding to pick up his wallet and the backpack he'd just packed. "Feels like a camping trip," he thought to himself, picking up the bag with just his necessities packed in it. He could have shrunken all of his furniture and put it in the bag too, but then there'd be nothing for Andy to move for him. No doubt, Andy would put the technology to use but much had to be said about giving him a job in the first place. Matter convertion technology, while it had definitely solved a lot of problems all around, had resulted in a lot less to do, and that meant fewer jobs. John was old school like that, Andy was a friend and as much as possible, John had always been one to share the wealth. Also, he liked the feeling of carrying just enough, it reminded him of his first days in the city after he moved in from New Jersey.


"So what shall we do for dinner to celebrate me burning my last bridge back home?" John asked Amanda with a cheeky smile as he walked out of the lift and into the lobby.

"Oh I dont know, maybe you'd like some of that horrible stir fried chicken and Chinese vegetables I'm so bad at making, give you a taste of what you'll be getting now that you're living with me babe," Amanda replied, her grin warming him up in the otherwise chilly street.

Getting into the cab with her, he gave one last look at his old place and then they were off. Her place was his place now and he was looking forward to this new life.


***************************************

Event Log
TIME: 0134
DATE: 4/7
DESCRIPTION: Machine activated automatically due to sensor malfunction. Unauthorised organic form targeted and reduced. Reduction 99.57%.

***************************************

John woke up with a start on the kitchen counter. Instantly, he knew he was screwed. The half open pack of mixed bran cereal was lying flat next to him, chunks of muesli, bran and raisins all around him. He could see the pale readout on the converter, indicating the reduction. Doing a bit of math in his head, he realised that his previously 6 foot self was now just about the size of a large ant. Or maybe half a raisin. He had to find a way to get back to normal or at least attract some attention. How could he have been reduced, he wondered as the readout faded to grey on the converter. The software the machine had been programmed with had come from a source code made at his company, one that had many levels of protection to prevent these machines from affecting humans, requiring authorisation even for the reduction and regrowth of any organic material, from meat to celery sticks. Yet here he was.

He had come into the kitchen still tipsy from loving Amanda and a few too many shots of whiskey on top of that, looking for a midnight snack. As she walked into the room, his thoughts were suddenly clear, he sobered up instantly as his bedroom goddess walked up to the counter, now very literally, a goddess. Still wearing her Agent Provocateur black lace lingerie, he was transfixed watching her approach the counter, the pale white wall of her belly soon taking over his entire field of vision.

"Shit I've gotta get away from this mess," he thought as the scent of her sex mingled subtly with that of raisin and wheat bran, at his size, everything seemed amplified, even his sense of smell. Running behind of the cereal box, he observed as she picked up the bowl with milk in it, that he was about to pour his cereal into before. She looked unsteady, obviously still drunk from sharing the bottle with him, she had always had a lesser tolerance to alcohol.

"AMANDA!" he shouted at her, waving his hands from around the back of the cereal box, hoping against hope that he'd get her attention at this size. He doubted she could hear him, but he tried moving as much as he could hoping to catch her eyes. But she wasnt wearing her glasses, though she didnt need them much, the odds were stacked against him. Amanda took up the bag of fallen cereal and filled up the bowl of milk. Suddenly, the wall of flesh and lace shadowed him and he found himself staring up, face to face with Amanda. She was bending down, seeming to look straight at him.

"WHAT'S WITH THE MESS JOHN?" she asked in a voice that almost shattered John's eardrums. John's heart leapt as he watched her billboard sized lips slur the words out, her breath blowing sweet mint and saturating the air around him with alcohol. She had noticed him.

Then just as suddenly, a massive shadow played over the box and the cereal pieces to the right of him were swept into the bowl of milk Amanda was holding at the edge of the table. "First night in and he's already making a mess, what a guy," the goddess said again, in a softer voice as a second sweep sent John sliding into the bowl of cereal and milk, soon to be consumed by his angel faced girlfriend.