- Text Size +
The jungle seemed to go on forever. Most of the conversation was Liza desperately trying to rebuild her still shaky friendship with Alicia. Though Alicia was doing little more than giving her cold and simple responses. After an entire day of walking the jungle seemed to finally be breaking.

"Well this is it" Liza said as they followed the river that was now snaking next to the side of a cliff that disappeared up into the high treetops.

"How do we get through?" Alicia pouted.

"The river leads into a canyon, that canyon leads out into the rest of the world. That is as much as I know, I only know stories"

"Yes and I am sure they are just filled with scary monsters"

"There really are dangers" Liza argued, "We aren't the biggest things in this world"

They continued on further, the jungle breaking more and more. The peak of the giant reddish wall came into view. A few hours later, just as the sun was starting to set again, they stood before the canyon.

"Woah" Mike said, the canyon made even Alicia and Liza look small.

"Well lets get going" Alicia said taking the first steps onto the red rock. Liza and even Snow followed a little nervously, the landscape was such a contrast from the thick jungle. They made their way slowly, the sights and sounds of the jungle disappearing. The canyon was oddly quiet, the only sounds were the gentle whistle of wind and the scattered rocks beneath their feet.

As the sky darkened they decided to stop for the night. Liza happily slipped into the steadily flowing river that cut the canyon in two, "Oh the rock is hard on my scales"

"And my feet" Alicia commented dipping her feet into the water. She set Mike down next to her, making sure her body stood between her and Liza.

"So, I see your still wearing the clothes I gave you" Liza said with a smile.

"I see your still not wearing clothes" Alicia returned.

Liza shrugged, "I've got nothing to hide, you should try it sometime"

"Yeah I did, and that was a very long couple of days"

"Yeah I remember, back when I found you. You certainly have grown up"

"Hm, you certainly remained exactly the same"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Mike sighed, he had grown accustomed to the back and forth's between these two.

"So, Mike" Liza paused for a moment, "Am I saying that right? Mike?"

"Yeah" Mike called out, though he couldn't see Liza over Alicias legs.

"Hm, I can't see you, maybe Alicia will let you come out from hiding?" She laughed.

Mike walked around Alicias side and sat down between the two, catching a somewhat cold stare from Alicia as he did, "Whats up?"

"Whats hm?" Liza furrowed her brow for a moment, then just shook her head, "So whats your story? Tell me about this Earth place"

"It's really incredible!" Alicia chimed in.

"Is that so? Maybe he would like to tell me about it?"

Mike laughed, and started his tale. Liza remained somewhat skeptical but hung onto every word much like Alicia had. "Sounds like you lead a pretty exciting life" She commented once he was done.

"A little too exciting" he admitted.

"So what do you plan on getting out of this? A trip back home?"

"If possible, I guess. Though I feel like I don't really have much to go back to"

Alicia gasped, "What? But it sounds so amazing back where you came from, I bet you are just dying to get back"

"Honestly, this planet is more interesting than home. I guess I miss home but Earth really wasn't all that great"

"Nonsense" Alicia said shaking her head.

"Mainly I just want to find my father, he is the only family I have"

"I'm sure you will" Liza said, "If this goddess is as powerful as stories say"

"Where exactly do you get all these stories?" Alicia asked.

Liza looked a little puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you aren't exactly that social, you've probably eaten every human you've met. I have never seen another naga before"

"Well thats not entirely true" Liza said reflectively.

"You mean there are more naga around?"

"Well of course, but I was actually talking about the first part"

"You mean...there is a little human out there who has met you without meeting your stomach?"

"There was one" Liza said, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Oh so you ate him later?" Alicia mocked, though was a little surprised when Liza shot her a cold glare.

"No, I actually was friends with him...I was much younger"

"Why did you never tell me this?" Alicia asked.

"Well" Liza started, "I kind of don't like to think about it. But i guess it would help explain a few things, mostly my attitude towards humans in general"

"Please go on" Alicia said, genuinely intrigued.

"Alright, I'll tell you..."

~~~

"Like I said I was much younger, I was only fourteen at the time, still very much a girl" She was also much smaller. Unlike her current size, where she is large enough to have a wrestling match comfortably on her tongue, back then it would have been a struggle to swallow down a human, "I had been sort of a loner since I was old enough to go out on my own, perhaps I was still too young for it. One day I got myself caught in a hunters trap..."

Liza squirmed and struggled in the net, constantly cursing whoever put this here. She knew she was in trouble, a naga as small as her would make an easy meal for many of the lurking jungle predators.

"Need help?" A voice suddenly called up, putting a stop to Lizas squirming and screaming.

"W-Whose there?"

"Oh no one" The mans voice called up again. Liza turned to see a gruff man standing below her, "Hello there" He called.

"Y-You will help me?" She said, generally there was a mutual animosity between humans and naga.

"Well that depends, do you promise not to eat me?" The man said climbing up the tree towards the branch she was suspended from.

"Of course I wont!" She promised, "But maybe I will eat whosever trap this is...unless you set it of course, then I apologize for wasting it!"

The man laughed as he skillfully walked over the branches, "No, no, it wasn't me. Those hunters are long gone I'd imagine, this trap has probably been out here for months" Liza wondered how he could have possibly known that, "But you're lucky I found you here, though it wasn't too hard with all the noise you were making. Heads up, drops coming" He said before slashing the rope.

Liza fell to the forest floor with a loud thump. Then continued to struggle within the net.

"Here let me" The man said hopping down off the tree, he cut a hole through the net. Liza thanked him as she finally emerged.

"My name is Liza" She said with a smile, "I-I've never met a human before"

"Well I'm Rick, and you seem a bit young to be out here unsupervised"

"I'm old enough" She assured him.

"Well you might not be big enough"

"I fend alright by myself" Liza said feeling a little defensive.

"Oh I'm sure, but if you want you can come grab a free meal. I live far enough away from town where you won't cause a disturbance. If that is, you promise not to go into town, especially once you get bigger"

Liza smiled, blushing a little. She wasn't exactly having the greatest success hunting recently. Her mouth watered at the very mention of a meal, "Oh well in that case I'd love to!"

"Great" Rick said. Liza followed him back to his house, a rather small shack tucked by a massive tree root. A rarely traveled path led deeper into the jungle, she assumed it led into town. The night turned into days, then weeks, then months. Liza settled down near his home. She become incredibly fond of him, though was always a little disappointed that he only seemed to act as a father or a teacher for her. He never ceased to amaze her with his unending knowledge of the jungle. She was at first skeptical that a human could give a naga insight into hunting and surviving in the forest, but his knowledge rivaled that of even the most seasoned naga.

About eight months into their strange relationship Liza was in her last growth spurts, slowly reaching her adult height, and her more womanly curves were becoming more defined. Liza had nearly forgotten about her primal urges to feed on humans, though Rick remained the only one she has had contact with. But that was all about to change. I nosey hunter saw Rick and Liza together, and fabricated a story about how Rick was working with the naga to destroy the village. He said he must have struck some deal in order to save his life, instead giving the lives of all the people in the town! Within a matter of days an angry mob appeared outside the cabin while they slept. Liza chose to sleep with her now massive body wrapped around the wooden home.

Liza awoke in shock to see herself bound to the ground, "N-No whats going on?!" She shrieked.

"Let her go!" Rick roared, "She is no harm to us!"

"You fool!" A man yelled, crashing his fist into Ricks gut, "How could you lead one of these beasts so close to the village?! Do you want to serve us on a plate!"

"Please, D-don't hurt us!" Liza cried, struggling against the tight ropes.

"Silence foul creature! We will deal with you once we deal with this traitorous swine" Liza watched in horror as they forced Rick to his knees. Her eyes widened as a black pike burst through his chest.

"No!" She cried, "No! No!" Tears flowed from her eyes, "Why! How could you! Rick!" She shrieked his name but got no answer in return. Her despair grew to rage quickly, they and underestimated her strength. She screamed as she arched her back, snapping the ropes as she did. She sat up, glaring down at the terrified crowd with fire in her eyes. She slammed her fist down into the closest group she could. Scattering bodies as her fist struck the ground. She started gathering up the crowd, only a few able to make an escape into the jungle. She didn't care, she got the ones who killed him. Acting almost on instinct she threw them into her mouth. Biting down on them, enjoying the cries of pain. She made sure to keep them alive, the taste of blood spreading over her tongue. She swallowed them, one by one at first, then more. A heavy rain had started to fall as she desperately searched the ground for Ricks body.

"Rick! Rick!" She cried, holding the limp body to her cheek, "I need you" She sobbed, pressing her lips against him.

~~~

Liza choked up, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Liza...I'm so sorry" Alicia said, never knowing of her friends dark past.

"I shouldn't have done it. I acted out in rage like he always told me not to. But after that I never looked at people the same way, I could only think of the evil" She looked over to Mike, "No offense"

"None taken" Mike said, a little shaken by the gruesome story, "We definitely all have our evil sides"

Alicia nodded, thinking back to how she had treated Liza.

"Well lets talk about something else" Liza said trying to pull her mind away from that dark night.

"How about sleep" Alicia said with a yawn.