- Text Size +

Kikata was resistant to let go, her fingers digging into the fabric of Richards shirt. She finally touched her feet back down onto the floor and pulled her head back, locking eyes with the unusually large version of Richard.

"You're so big…" She whispered, her eyes scanning his face curiously.

Richard shrugged, "In here, yeah I guess I am. Or maybe it is you that is very small? We're in your head anyway." 

Kikata laughed, "Yes. I suppose we'd need to be very small to fit in there." She glanced around her, the long carpeted hallway seemed to stretch for miles, it seemed as though they had never left. "So what now?"

Richard shrugged, "I'm not sure." 

They began walking idly down the hall, "You think everyones mind looks like this?" She finally asked.

"Maybe. Though I get the feeling that my mind wouldn't be so well kept." Richard commented rubbing his chin. 

Kikata halted, "Your mind? But aren't you just…well… you know, my imagination?" 

"Not exactly." Richard responded, "You see…I've sort of been in here. Ever since that time you went into the coma. It was as if the procedure with the computer left a little sliver of me behind."

"Oh…" Kikata said, trying to wrap her mind around the idea, "So…in a way, you are Richard?"

"A piece of him anyway." They shared a long stare as Kikata seemed to think it over, her fingers gently gripping his wrists. Richard cleared his throat, "Don't uh, get too content though. I mean in the end I think I'm still just an idea."

Kikata sighed, "Yes, but…it could be reassuring to know if I never pull out of this…"

"Don't think like that." Richard urged her, "You will come out of this. Help is on it's way." 

"How can you be so sure?"

Richard shrugged, "I just know…" 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air as the elevator rose into the massive ship. They were headed to the hundredth floor where their blue prints seemed to point to an access to the main computer room. 

"Anyone thought of a plan yet?" Bacon finally mumbled.

"You mean more than get to the main console and throw some explosives in it?" Three asked.

"I take that as a no." Richard added in with a forced laugh. His eyes remained glued to the numbers flashing on the small screen above the door, their destination nearly within reach. 

"Well wingin' it has gotten us this far." Three offered, he glanced over to his partner Five and nudged him "Right buddy?" He laughed opening his palm and delivering a sportsman like slap on the rear. He was met by only a cold, teal blue stare from behind the snipers artificial eyes. Three laughed nervously before clearing his throat, "Clearly not the type that likes to be touched." 

A dull buzzing sound alerted the soldiers that they had arrived at their stop. A moment later the doors groaned open, revealing a dimly lit metal hallway. The floor was made from a sort of grated dark metal, each heavy footstep caused the narrow bars to echo and vibrate. The walls were left bare, showing all the large wires and pipes that ran through the ships hull. There seemed to be a constant drone of either electronics or water rushing through the intricate yet very large systems inside the ship. 

They made their way forward in a line, Three taking charge at the front of the line with Richard running up the back. The human walkway almost seemed as if it had been added to the ship after it was built. The twist and turns seemed to come at random, weaving around various parts of the ship, and they had to walk nearly two human miles just to reach the first doorway. 

"Ready?" Three said softly. 

"As I'll ever be." Bacon replied, his weapon falling from his shoulder and into his hands, "At least anything past those doors won't more than a story tall." He smirked. 

"Think you can hit a target that small?" Three asked, his sharp grin hidden behind his helmet. 

Bacon huffed a sarcastic laugh, "Just open the damn door already." 

"As you wish." Three commented, his hand pushing into a large silver pad beside the heavy gary door. The soldiers watched as the two metal panels slid apart, opening their vision into a much larger space. The room was at least triple the height of the human walkway, and the room spread out into what could have been a football field. It was also teeming with life. 

Creatures ranging from fifteen feet tall to what looked to be almost thirty feet tall went about what ever it was they were doing, though a loud cry began to turn their attention to the small doorway at the far end of the room. 

"Gun em' down!" Seemed to be the first thing that came to Three's mind as he sidestepped out of the doorway and rose his weapon to his shoulder. His finger pulled down against his primary trigger unleashing a hailstorm of machine gunfire into the room. 

Richards heart pounded as he followed his comrades into the room, immediately recognizing some of the clunky metal neck braces around the creatures heads. His weapon bounced against his shoulder as he scattered his bullets into the crowd, debris began to pick up around his feet or shower down over their heads. He found shelter behind a large metal crate and used it to prop up his canon, trying to pick out the targets that seemed most threatening. 

"Are we clear?!" Bacon roared as he scattered another barrage into the smokey room.

"I think- No wait I see movement!" Three said reeling his weapon towards one of the far corners.

"W-Wait!" A voice called from across the room. "Don't shoot! I'm unarmed!" 

The soldiers shared a glance. Richard found the voice oddly familiar.

"Human?" Bacon asked.

"Yes!" The voice replied. 

"Steve?" Richard then called, rising from his crouching position. 

"Richard?"

"You know this guy?" Three asked, slinging his weapon back over his shoulder. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So…what the fuck would drive you to fight for these guys?" Bacon asked, his hand still gripping his rifle at the ready as he scanned over the room once more.

"You say it as if I had any choice." Steve replied. His once short hair had grown long, much like Richards, since they had last been together. His eyes looked tired, and his movements seemed almost fidgety. "I couldn't have been able to even choose death over serving with them!" His head swiveled from side to side, as if worried that someone might over hear them, "They've got something worse than death for anyone who won't join up."

Richard recalled briefly the comment the man Kikata and Prila took into custody so many weeks ago. "What exactly do they do?" He asked curiously.

Steven glanced from face to face as he collected his words, "You see those metal braces they got around their necks there?" He asked, nodding towards a large, scaled creatures body.

"Yeah." Three said, leaning his weight to one side and cocking his head.

"Those aren't for decoration. They somehow…control you. Your mind is right but your body acts on its own!"

"So they force you to fight." Bacon said, once again removing his helmet to wipe away some sweat.

"Not only that." Steven continued, "They don't just hook you up and send you on your way. No, that would be gettin' off light. They send out some shady fella's to snatch up your loved ones. Throw the ones they find into a room with only you and a damn big knife. No matter how hard you fight your arms and legs move against you. For gods sake they had fathers stabbing their own children down. Now I aint' got no children, hell I don't even have a wife. But I'm not going to rebel against these guys only to have my body stolen and to watch my family die by my own hand."

"Jesus christ…" Three muttered under his breath, "You would think satan himself was running this damn army." 

"Satan don't punish the innocent." Bacon grumbled. "Well. Now that we have a nice story to piss us off even more why don't we go blow the hell out of this damn ship?"

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"So what the hell happened?" Richard finally asked as they made their way down a now much larger hallway deeper into the ships hull. It seemed as though, by some miracle, their attack had gone so far unnoticed. 

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Steven replied with a smirk. There was no question that his voice had grown rougher, his body more aged and weathered. "But I suppose I aint' got too much to tell so let me begin. When our camp was attacked those of us left standing were gathered into one of those large neck warships. They offered us a choice, as I mentioned before, either fight for them or…well…fight for them."

"Are there any others left?" Richard continued to question.

Steven shrugged, "Beats me. I think I saw a few of the scientists on the first transport ship I was put on. After that I was pretty much alone-"

"Hey." Bacon interrupted, "I know you ladies are having a great time catching up, but I think we're close." 

"Yeah." Steven called back up the line, "The main lab is just around this next corner."

"Right. So how would we go about getting into this main lab?" Three asked.

The soldiers rounded the corner, a long window stretched far down the long hallway. Behind the glass was a strange landscape made of sterile metal tables, massive and complex equipment and bulky mountain like computers. A multi-sized and multitiered walkway wound its way around the laboratory, giving limited access to the smaller races though it appeared that the only species capable of actually using the equipment were the Neko or the larger of the Marlek races. 

"There is a human entrance about a mile down this hall." Steven said, "The trip down to the floor will take a good hour."

"Well we don't have that kind of time." Bacon said with a sigh, "I figure they know what we did to your ex-comrades back there so how about we take a slightly speedier approach."

"What did you have in mind-" Steven started, though nearly fell backwards as a powerful singe shot erupted from Bacons canon. The class wall in front of them splintered around a foot wide hole, the butt of Bacons weapon crushing out an opening wide enough for them to climb through. 

"Alright boys, let's get a move on. Newbie-"

"Yeah?" Richard responded.

"Not you. Him." Three responded nodding towards Steven.

"Yeah?"

"If we were to destroy the main console, where might you suggest we start running?" 

"Beats me. I've never used this room before, hell I'm not even aloud to be in here." Steven said as he climbed through the shattered opening. 

"Figures." Three muttered under his breath. It was only now did he notice a trio of Neko's draped in smooth white coats huddled over two metal tables in the distance. They faced the small humans with a shared look of surprise, with perhaps a hint of anger. One of the men, presumably the leader, made his way towards him.

"What do you think you are doing?" He demanded in a thick accent.

"Five." Three started, "No time for explanations."

The sniper nodded, hoisting his rifle to his shoulder and taking quick but careful aim towards the Neko. He stared back at them, seemingly unaware of the firepower that these particular humans wielded. There was a monstrous crack that echoed throughout the cavernous laboratory. The large Neko recoiled and went to react, but as the massive slug ripped its way through his skull his body short circuited. A stream of red rushed from his left nostril as his body collapsed to the floor.

A male and female Neko remained huddled over the far tables where two bodies lay motionless connected to some strange machines. The male made a break for the doorway at the far end of the room. He was caught by a firestorm of bullets, his lab coat ripping as his skin became pocketed with metal. With a scream he lunged towards the doorway, his fingers clutching a white metal lever as he fell.

"Shit." Bacon grumbled as a high pitch siren screeched around them.

They turned their attention to the female Neko who stood with her arms shockingly held beside her head.

"You!" Three screamed.

"Y-Yes?" She stammered.

"Come here." 

The Neko nodded, her feet shuffling across the floor towards them, "Please don't hurt me." She whimpered, "I just do what I'm told. I swear." She pleaded, her fingers trembling as they pushed a thick strand of dark brown hair from her eyes. She corrected her thick spectacles, her green eyes darting from one solider to the next.

"We'll let you out of this room." Three continued, "Only if you take us to the main console."

The Neko nodded furiously, "Yes. Yes of course." She wiped her palms on her pant legs before presenting them to the soldiers as a platform.

"No funny business." Bacon warned, "Or we'll have you on the floor with your buddies." 

The Neko whimpered again as she nodded, her eyes briefly scanning the two bodies of her former coworkers. Once the soldiers were sitting on her hands she quickly rushed towards a large computer on the far wall. 

"O-On top or below?" The Neko asked nervously.

"Below. And open up that large square panel by the floor." Three ordered. 

Richard glanced over his shoulder towards the table. His eyes widened and his blood ran cold. He rubbed his eyes to make sure his mind was not deceiving him. The woman on the table was all too familiar.

"Kikata…" He gasped. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"How did you do this?" Richard asked looking around himself as he was once again tiny in Kikata's hands.

Kikata shrugged, "I don't know. i can explain to you the ins and outs of flying a Guard ship but when it comes to my own brain I couldn't tell you how I manage to breath. Sometimes I guess I just flick the right switch." She said with a smile, "I didn't want to fool myself in here…with you know…you being the same size as me."

"Made things easier." Richard offered, leaning back against her palm.

"Maybe…but on the outside it won't be that way." She grinned, "Besides, this is the you I fell for." She raised her hands to her lips as she gently kissed Richard upon the chest. She felt a cold wind lick at her neck, she lifted her head to see a large white landscape. She glanced down to her side and saw the ruined human science camp. 

"Huh." Richard huffed, "Brought us back to the first place we met?"

Kikata laughed, "I guess so…"

"Do you think there was any spark here?"

"You mean did I feel anything about you at first sight?" She shifted her gaze to the side as she thought, "Maybe…just a tiny bit. How about you?" She asked, her smile creeping across her lips once again. 

Richard laughed, "Maybe up until the part where you opened your mouth."

Kikata threw her head back and laughed.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hey." Richard called up to the Neko as she lowered her hand to the floor. 

The Neko lowered her gaze towards the remaining solider on her hand, "Y-Yes?" 

"Take me to that table over there." He said.

"Hey six I think we've-" Three started.

"This is important." He snapped.

"Oh okay fine. Chill buddy, takes one man to set explosives anyway." 

"Alright. Take me there."

The Neko nodded, lifting herself back to full height and taking Richard towards Kikata's body. 

"God dammit!" Richard shouted, "What are you doing with her?"

"S-S-She-"

"Shut up." Richard groaned, "Can we still…Is she…"

"Can we wake her?" The Neko asked tentatively. 

"Yes." 

"M-Maybe…I mean…I would think so." The Neko glanced towards the male hooked to the computers on the second table, "He was supposed to administer the final product over an hour ago, and his signs had suddenly dropped to zero."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Richard questioned.

"She must have resisted it somehow…so in theory if I remove the cables-"

"Then take them out!" Richard ordered. 

"Y-Yes sir." The woman stammered. She walked around the table, taking out a series of three tubes lodged in Kikata's neck one by one. "It might take a few minutes for her to come to." 

"Alright." Richard said, his fingers clutching his weapon tightly as he stared down towards Kikatas slumbering face.

"S-So…who is she?" 

"Her name is Kikata…She is a Nova Guard…" 

"They tell me that everyone we put under is a criminal." The woman continued, almost apologetically, "I doubt it mostly…but please…understand that if I do not put them under…then they might put me under…" 

"I can understand that." Richard said softly. 

There was a brief minute of silence before the Neko spoke again, "If you do not mind me prying…is she more than a guard to you?"

Richard thought for a moment, "She is more than my own life."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata gripped her neck, her brow furrowing slightly, "Ouch." She grunted.

"What's wrong?" Richard asked.

"I don't know, just suddenly my neck started to throb." She winced again, "And my arm…" She twisted her free hand before her face. She began to feel dizzy. "I-I think I need to lay down."

"But you are laying down?" Richard responded, his voice echoing around her.

"W-What?" She asked, trying to move her head from side to side but found that her body would not move under her will. "Richard? Richard? Where are you?"

"I am here."

"Where?"

"I came back for you, come on. Wake up."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata gasped, her eyes shooting open as she sat up. She groaned as she gripped her forearm, "God…" She forgot where she had been, what she had dreamt, but it soon flooded back into her mind. "Richard?" She asked, turning around to see a dark haired Neko staring back at her. She lifted her arm slightly towards Kikata.

"Hey." A voice called from her hand.

"Richard!" Kikata gasped, her uninjured hand reaching out, "How is this possible? Where are we? What are you wearing?" She asked examining his new, downgraded armor. 

"We are in their main ship, back on that planet where we first visited after we met. Our team is about to break down their defenses so we can get the hell out of here."

"Our team?"

"U.N.S.S. Look it's been a long day, I can explain this all later." 

"Hey six we need to get a move on." A voice called through the radio inside the helmet pinned to Richards side.

"Excuse me, but ma'am. Your armor is over there." The Neko offered, pointing towards a white a blue metal pile ageist the wall. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hot damn." Bacon laughed as he watched the mountain of blue and white armor lower towards them, Richard perched upon its outstretched hand. 

"How can I help?" Kikata's robotic voice asked.

"Carry us to a safe distance?" Three offered with a shrug. We've got enough charges set to take out a city block." 

Kikata nodded, lowering her hands down to lift the small soldiers, "For once I'm the odd one out, huh Richard?" Kikata said with a giggle.

"What's she talking about?" Steven asked with an arched brow.

"Long, long story." Richard said as Kikata carried them to the opposite end of the Laboratory. 

"Okay, let it rip!" Bacon cheered.

Three nodded, flicking the safety off his remote and pressing in on the red trigger. The group watched as the computer erupted from the inside, a tall pillar of black smoke rising from the charred remains.

"You know." Kikata started, "I could have done that with my foot." 

"Yeah, but that was cooler." Richard offered.

"True enough." Kikata laughed. "So, do we have a plan to get out of here?"

The soldiers shared glances before shaking their heads, "Nope. We're basically winging it." Three said. 

"Good work boys." A gruff voice called through the radio. 

"Zero!" Three gasped in relief, "We thought we lost you."

"Oh only for a few minutes." Zero laughed, "Main gate is open and the flood waters are comin' in." 

"And the locals?" Three questioned.

"Scatterin'. I suggest you make your way to the floor." 

"Roger that Zero." 

"Get any of that?" Richard asked Kikata.

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Hey, scientist." 

"M-Me?" The Neko asked nervously.

"Yes. Can you kindly point us in the direction of the exit?"

"Will I be given safe passage?" She asked.

"Just keep your hands up and don't pick up a gun."

"Okay." She nodded, "Follow me."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kinata winced as she tried to hold the soldiers steady in her hands. "I think my arm is broken." She groaned.

"You're doing fine. Just a little further." Richard urged her as they followed the Neko through the panicked hallways, no one seemed very pressed to stop them. 

"Right there!" The Neko shouted, pointing towards a tall pillar of light, signaling the exit ramp.

A dark figure emerged before them, "Hold it!" It's snarled voice ordered, a massive black canon pointing up towards them. "You thought it would be that easy?" The Marlek laughed, "Sorry to burst-" His victorious speech was cut short when suddenly a cloud of red mist burst from the creatures chest. With a gurgled cry of pain the Marlek keeled over. Behind it rose a strange robotic figure that stood about half it's height. A large cannon served as its arm.

"What the fuck is that?" Bacon gasped, "It's…beautiful." He laughed, gazing upon the metal structure. 

"It's a fucking mech! I knew the rumor was true!" Three cheered as Kikata approached the metal figure. 

"Hello boys." Zero's voice called out. The metal visor of the mechs circular torso slid upwards, revealing the general. The old man had a wide grin plastered upon his lips, a half finished cigar puffing away.

"Sir! Am I ever glad to see you." Three called back.

"M-Marcus Zero?" Kikata stammered.

"The one and only." Marcus said, swinging his arm outwards. 

Kikata kneeled down before him, holding the soldiers eye level to the general. Her own visor opened, "I-It is an honor, sir, I have followed you since I was a child!" 

"Always happy to meet a big…rem…fan." Marcus said with a nod. "But before we get too excited I got one more bit of grave news." He eyed the soldiers and Kikata sternly, "The enemy, in their desperation, have unleashed their noxious weapon inside of this very station. The bottom floors are infected and it is said that they will be top side any minute."

"So we better get a move on then? Is there a transport ship coming?" Three asked. 

"The pick up is going to be waiting about two miles outside this station, which is set to be destroyed within the hour."

"Well then." Three started, "I guess we really better get a move-" He was interrupted by a sudden thunderous noise from the main entry into the base. They turned to see a sea of bodies flooding towards them, their rasping cries and hungry eyes, gnashing teeth and clawing hands and claws rushing towards them like a living wave.

They opened fire from Kikata's hand as she was only helpless to watch and wait for someone to tell her what to do. The powerful guns from the mech unleashed a blinding river of firepower into the mob, making a very visible dent in it's progress.

"Get out of here!" Marcus yelled, "I will hold them off!" 

"Sir, let me do it! You need to get back to the ship!" Three pleaded.

"Boy, you will do as you are ordered and the big miss's is goin' to make sure of that!" Marcus growled, a familiar feeling washing over him. One he had experienced so many years ago as he set his men off to return to base. But this time was the real deal. This time he knew that his time had finally come to die a glorious, hero's death. "Go on! Get out of here!"

Kikata nodded, turning towards the wide open exit behind them. Her feet thundered across the floor and her tired and worn chest heaved rapidly. Her lens began to fog with each breath, the fans inside working hard to keep her vision clear. She turned back to see the mob surrounding Marcus, the hero of so many legends and movies. Somehow it seemed almost too fitting that it would be him that finally saves the day.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Marcus turned to halt the ones that slipped by him. His feet were locked in strong and it would take some serious power to pry him from his current position. As the bodies fell he saw the Npva Guard racing out of the station.

"One minute sir." A female voice called to him.

Marcus chuckled, there was no getting out of here. He reached into his uniform, pulling from it a thick mat of dog tags. They have weighed so heavily on his chest for so many years, "Tell my wife and my boys that my last thoughts were of them with love." 

"Sir?"

"My men are safe. And this war dog is goin' to finally get what he deserves." 

"I-I"

"Just…make sure they don't make another one of them god damn movie's about this one."

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata skidded to a halt, "Is he coming?" She asked, her arms wanted to rise up over her head so she could breath clearly. 

"He aint' comin'" Bacon replied somberly.

"I see." Kikata said softly as she knelt down. "This is the pick up, yes?"

"For us." Three said, hopping back down onto the icy surface with a grunt, "I'm not sure if the craft is built to house…rem…well you know someone so-"

"I understand. I will drop a distress signal." Kikata glanced towards Richard and smiled, though he would not see it behind the thick visor. 

"Alright. So everything is settled." Three sighed, "Not the prettiest mission I ever been on-" He felt something grip his hand, a small weight leaning on his shoulder. He looked over to see Five resting his head there, their hands interlocked, "Erm…Five…I don't know custom in Japan or China or wherever your crazy ass came from but this isextremely weird for me."

Five lifted his head, tilting it to the side slightly before pushing his fingers underneath the helmet. A waterfall of black hair fell from the helmet as it rose, everyone nearly gasped as Five's true face was revealed.

"He's a she!" Bacon shouted with a mixed sense of laughter and shock. 

Five smiled, "You don't think a girl could shoot so hot?" She said, her smile widening into a large grin, "I leave the mask on to keep you boys from getting distracted. Army tell me that for the best." Her accent was still very clear, but the fact that she spoke english at all left the soldiers rather startled. 

An explosion interrupted their display. Everyone turned back towards the base as a large white and black cloud rose from the earth, soon followed by a billowing flame. They stood silently, each hoping they might see the great war hero rise from the ashes like he seemed to always do. But this time he had gone down with the ship, just as he wanted. 

"Kikata!" Richard shouted from the ground. A black streak raced towards them and all around them as the debris plummeted to the earth. The smoking hunk of rock fell like a meteor from the sky. She went to turn but it all came so fast. There was a crushing sound of stone meeting metal, Kikata's figure went rigid before slowly falling to one side.

"No!" Richard screamed, nearly falling back as her titanic figure fell to the earth. This wasn't happening. After all they had been through, after everything he had promised. He raced up the side of her body, her legs and arms stiff and motionless. "Kikata! Kikata!" He shouted.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kikata groaned, her vision was filled with whiteness. All except from a blinking red light in the corner of her screen. "Emergency, armor lock down" It read.

"God dammit." She muttered, unable to move as the armor had braced itself for the impact. She could still thumb through the display, she opened her visor, "I'm alright. My armor just locked up."

Richard climbed onto her shoulder, "Thank fucking god." Richard said with a sigh. They listened as the human pick up vessel dropped out of the sky.

"Hey six!" Three yelled, "Are you coming?" 

Richard glanced up towards Kikata and smiled, "No, sir." He jumped down to the earth to face the rest of them. "I've got business here now, thank's for pulling me through there alive."

"And me." Steven said. He approached Richard with a grin. "Well. I guess you will have to tell me the story online."

"I guess so." Richard said, shaking Stevens hand strongly, "You stay out of trouble."

"I aint goin' anywhere near trouble for at least another year." Steven sighed, "Need a damn haircut though." 

Richard nodded as they began to climb into the ship. He saluted one last time as the gates closed as the ship raced back into the skies. He turned back towards Kikata, hardly able to believe all that had happened. 

"Climb on in!" She said, "The distress beacon is down, but at least get out of the cold." 

"Just don't eat me." Richard laughed as he scaled the armor. He finally flung his feet inside the visor and dropped down onto Kikata's cheek.

"No promises." She giggled, though winced as the pain throbbed up her arm again. She closed the visor around them, feeling the little patch of warm on her cheek that sent a similar sensation all through her body, "You came back for me…"

"You sound surprised?" Richard said with a grin, looking out upon the lovely hills of Kikata's face. He leaned back against her soft, warm cheek." 

"After today anything is possible…" She said, "I have never experienced so much…I don't know…emotion before. I mean when it all started I was filled with so much vigor. You know…I was leaving the station to go get you."

"You were going to come for me?" Richard asked with a laugh.

"Yes….it was actually Kina who inspired me to do it, in a strange sort of way. And you're right, she wasn't all that bad. But anyway…I was filled with this just great emotion that I was really going to do it. But them the transmission came in from here and well…I got shot down. Exactly how I had always feared. And from there it was the single worst experience of my life. But then, as I woke from a familiar dream I woke to see you standing over me."

"Well I had a promise to keep."

"That you would never hurt me?"

Richard blinked…"Yeah. So…you remember now?"

"In a way." Kikata said, "I love you Richard."

Richard was almost too overwhelmed to respond, "I…love you too Kikata."