- Text Size +
Kikata followed Kina down the halls, scoffing at every flick of the hair or little wave she tossed at each passerby. Finally they arrived inside of a large white room.

"Well here we are." Kina said happily, her thin brown tail flicking from side to side. Aside from their different attitudes, Kina was actually a different race of Neko. Kikata was an Alta, defined by their taller and more narrow ears, and the longer fur. Kina was a Fela, her fur much shorter and her ears short and wide. Her tail also had an almost feline appearance, and was much more nimble than Kikata's.

And to add insult to injury, this girl had a higher security clearance than herself! She went through no training, alls she did was look beautiful...perhaps too beautiful. Kikata ignored her jealousy, reminding herself that she was a Guard, those sorts of things didn't matter to her. But how could she not envy a woman who was the very image of Neko beauty. Her face perfectly sculpted, her body perfectly molded, and above all she was a Fela.

"I don't see anything." Kikata mumbled looking around the room.

"Well maybe you should look for something smaller." Kina said, smiling down to Richard, "After all he is the unique one here." She strolled over to a table and set her hand down, letting Richard hop off. "Now, where have those engineers gotten off too?"

"I'm here." A voice called, a frail looking Neko entered the room. He wasn't exactly old, just very thin.

"Good, would you show our guest what you have developed for him?"

The man nodded, "Of course." He almost seemed nervous around her, he probably was. "Richard? Correct?" He asked leaning over the table.

Richard was starting to feel very small under the gaze of the three Neko's. "Yes sir." He responded, his eyes running along the table. A few metal boxes lay side by side, the scientist approached the first, "Well, we heard of your unique pairing almost as soon as it happened, we were lucky that you happened to be re-directed here otherwise it would have been a month before we could have gotten these to your ship."

Kina knelt down beside the table, her large brown eyes flickering onto Richard, "Good, right?" She asked, her accent rather prevalent.

"I guess, though I'm not really sure what these are." He said with a shrug.

Kina laughed, her tail flicking from side to side. Kikata nearly laughed out loud, so it was true. This Fela was hitting on the little human! She folded her arms, "Yes, so what exactly are we getting?"

"Oh, just the basic necessities!" The man said with a grin, "Here we have a fully functional bathing room. We will be able to hook it up to your water supply easily." We will also be installing a more appropriately sized pilots seat that will come with functional joysticks and will be capable of taking over ship control if a need arises."

"Don't get your hopes up Richard." Kikata said with a grin.

"Oh I am sure he is a more than capable man." Kina said, glancing over her shoulder to Kikata before focusing back up at the scientist.

Kikatas eyes narrowed as she seemed to emphasize man. She was probably like all the others, regardless of his size he was still the man in this group, and the more capable Guard.

"Right now we have a few men installing lifts and walkways so you can get around the ship more easily, we have also installed a more size friendly living quarters under one of the beds."

"Sounds good." Richard said, it really did. "Hey Kikata looks like Nova Force is moving up in the world, eh?"

Kikata smiled, "Yes. Before you know it you'll get your own armor." She laughed, now that would be something.

"Actually, he will." The engineer said with a grin. "A few years ago we were working with an Earthen based company to develop more advanced body armor for the Marines, we haven't quite made it out of the testing stage yet. But we do have a prototype available."

"No shit?"

"No...erm what?"

"Never mind. Can I see it?"

"Certainly!" The man said grabbing the small white box. He pressed his fingers in on the side, and with a hiss the cover fell to the ground.

Roberts eyes widened like a small child on christmas...it was...beautiful! "Can...Can I put it on?"

"Oh yes yes put it on!" Kina said excitedly bouncing slightly on her knees.

Kikata tried to remain cold towards Kina but a smile cracked across her lips as she watched Robert approach the box.

"Of course you can put it on, as of now it is fully functional. There are quite a few added features on the human model."

"I like the color." Richard said lifting one of the boots from the case that resembled Kikatas, only it was much smaller. The suit was mostly painted a flat black, there were a few blue patches and streaks.

"Yes, we decided that black was the most optimal for what humans would be most useful, erm by that I mean sneaking around."

"Looks cool." Richard commented setting the boots down on the ground, he mimicked Kikatas routine and stepped into the boot, sure enough the sides clamped down on his ankles and shins. He took the leg armor and stepped inside, likewise it seemed to almost mold itself onto his legs. Next came the chest piece. He pulled the surprisingly light armor over his head, jumping slightly as two metal pieces connected themselves into the leg plates. Next came arms and gloves, they fit together so fluidly and yet he could move as if he wore nothing at all. Finally his new metal fingers gripped the helmet, the visor wasn't a massive glass wall like Kikata's, it was a bit smaller with a hard black shell covering his forehead. He pulled it on.

"Wow." Kikata said kneeling down next to Kina to admire the tiny armored soldier.

"How does it- Oh shit my voice!" He laughed, the similar robotic tone filling his ears.

"You look fierce!" Kina said with a grin.

Kikata shot her another cold glare, what did she know. "Still feel like an honorary Guard?" She asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, I guess this makes it pretty official." He said bouncing slightly on his feet. "Now how do I...oh wait I see." He said starting to thumb his fingers on the holographic display. It would take some time to get used too, but the software was rather self expiatory. He thumbed through the different displays, he was pretty blown away by the one titled targeting. A small number appeared on any object that he focused on, giving him the exact distance.

"Now for the added features." The mans grin widened, "With your small stature we were finally able to install something that just didn't prove feasible for the larger models. On your back there is a personal propulsion device."

"You mean a jet pack?" Richard asked, all of his childhood dreams suddenly coming true.

"Erm. Yes I think that is the more common name for it. It will not sustain flight for very long I am afraid, so you will be making just very long jumps."

"I can live with that." Richard said thumbing through the displays, grimacing as he entered night vision. "So how do I get to this jet pack feature?"

"The fastest way to access your features is through voice command. The propulsion device would be set to Command Five I believe. You can reset the voice commands on your own later."

"I see." Richard said, wondering exactly how to enter in his voice commands. "Command-" Suddenly a new title appeared that read, "Choose command." Richard took a deep breath, "Five." He heard the hiss of an engine behind him, "Uh, now what?"

"Jump."

Richard shrugged and ran forward and leaped into the air. The jet packs suddenly kicked into full force. He let out a loud whoop as he was lifted far off the table, soon the two Neko girls were staring up at him from below. He hadn't noticed the jets had cut out and he slowly reached his peak. His arms flailed in wide circles as he fell back to the earth, "Oh shiii-!" He yelped but before he collided with the ground a powerful burst from his pack slowed his pace dramatically. The jets cut out again and his feet hit the smooth tile floors with a loud clack. His momentum pulled him down into a roll, from which he quickly recovered back to his feet. It would have almost looked purposeful had he not taken a few more shaky steps forward. He spun back towards the three Nekos. Kikata's and Kina's mouth were still open in surprise, but the scientist seemed delighted to see that the suit had functioned correctly.

"That was awesome." Richard said walking back towards the table. He grinned to himself as he decided to test it out one more time, "Command five!" He shouted before leaping back into the air, sure enough the jets carried him up and over Kikata's head. "Oomf!" He grunted as he was suddenly jerked to a stop.

"Gotcha." Kina said with a playful grin, her fingers wrapped around his waist, her eyes suddenly widened, "Ow! OW!" She yelped as she quickly set him down on the table. Her fingers rose to her lips as she sucked on a slightly reddened area.

"Engines tend to get hot." The scientist commented with a slight smile.

Kikata burst into laughter, now Kina shot her a cold glare, "Sorry...Sorry." Kikata finally panted, wiping her eye.

Richard sighed, this alone seemed to make the entire trip worthwhile. He reluctantly removed his armor, placing his new toys back into their case. He stepped back and admired his new suit for a few moments before turning back towards the Neko's.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata and Richard sat at their small round table, watching the team of engineers move around the ship. Kina would return in a few hours when it was time to be briefed once more.

Kikata scoffed, "Kina, huh?" She asked rather hopeful that Richard would share her distaste for the curvy Neko.

"What about her?"

Kikata frowned, "Oh, I don't know...I just get so annoyed by these...erm, I'm not sure of the word. But you know she is always going around the base trying to get all the men to stare her down. It's not professional."

"A sight for sore eyes I imagine..." Richard said somewhat softly, "I don't know she seemed nice."

"Too you maybe. She probably just wants to get you into her pants. Quite literally actually." Kikata said bluntly.

Richard laughed for a few long moments, "That would be something."

"Please don't tell me you would even think about it?"

"I'm sure any man in the universe would." He chuckled.

"Please...she is so...so...generic. She dolls herself up to look like some sort of...poster girl, and that little dress, if it were any thinner you could see right through it!" She shook her head, "I don't see why they bother keeping those damn tramps around base, I mean I work hard to be here, they just show some cleavage and they can do practically anything they want!"

Richard grinned as Kikata ranted, "Someone sounds a bit jealous."

Kikata gasped, "Jealous! Never! Not in a million years would I ever want to stoop down to her level. Besides." She took a deep breath, "I am rather happily engaged anyway."

Richard blinked, "You're, engaged? Like to be married?"

"Well. Yes."

"How has this never come up in conversation?" Richard asked, he wasn't sure if he should be devastated or relieved that Kikata was not available.

She shrugged, "I have been engaged for so long now, I guess it has slipped my mind. He promised we would wait until my Seventeenth Cycle before we were officially wed. In our culture the Seventeenth Cycle is the time when a woman truly passes into maturity. Not many people pay attention to that anymore, but I want it to be special."

"I see." Richard continued, he guessed it was probably for the best. Nothing good could ever come out of any type of sexual relationship in their partnership, especially if anything went wrong. Besides, he wanted to go home after all of this, an alien girl would be fun and unique maybe...but the complications did not seem worth the effort. "Well, is he a cool guy?"

Kikata sat back in her chair, she hadn't seen him in months. She had practically grown up with him, "Yes. I mean of course I do...marriage is not such a light thing in our culture."

"I wish I could say the same thing for ours." Richard said eyes following the engineers as they finally left the ship.

A familiar clacking sounded from outside, soon the tall image of Kina arrived on the ramp, "You will be briefed in about four hours over dinner. I will return again then." She eyed Kikata for a moment before smiling down to Richard. Her gaze held for a few seconds before she turned back down the ramp.

After her loud heels disappeared Kikata laughed, "Yeah..."

"What?"

She shrugged, "It's your body. If you would like to dive head first into such vial place be my guest."

"Well maybe I will. Now that I know I'm not breaking any hearts." Richard said jokingly. Though his mind was in a rather filthy place, what would it be like with such a large woman? Would he even be able to please her at all?

Kikata laughed, "Oh don't flatter yourself now. You're cute. But not that cute."

Richard grinned, "Yeah yeah." He walked over to the side of the table, a small white plastic circle had been added to the side, "I think I'm going to go check out my new stuff." He placed his hand down on the small black pad which illuminated under the heat of his hand, "Hey maybe I can drive the ship later?"

Kikata laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, in your dreams!"