- Text Size +


CHAPTER TEN

her rhythmic breathing and the gurgling emanating from within her bulging stomach was soothing, he knew he was safe from harm for now at least her hunger for revenge sated, his future secure for now.
Hours passed by quickly the cold fingers of night stroked his naked skin; she was no where in sight he stood up the sky filled with a million eyes looking down on him from the heavens. he dressed hurriedly fear once again urging him on.

The air felt cold, an unknown sea washed against the shoreline the night was still he wandered aimlessly a pale moon lighting his way. he headed for what looked like lights in the distance, as he drew nearer he could see the little houses in the seaside town. The sound of voices he sighed, people safety in numbers he thought, a chance to explain escape even from this unknown reality.
He opened the rustic door the pub was dimly lit Edwardian a large open hearth in the centre the warm embers dancing to the music from the jukebox, he entered unnoticed the gabble of people engrossed in their own company except for one, he was fearful he stared at him recognition in his look. He headed for him the boy turned away grabbing his coat to leave, he had answers he headed him of. He asked the girl behind the bar the name of this idyllic place, she stared back at as if he did not exist. he walked over to a group of men drinking together, none of them moved or looked to where he was standing, he spoke to them but not one of them acknowledged his presence was he invisible to them all, the young man stood in the door way gesturing him to follow. He was the only one who knew he was there, they left the crowded bar together.

"We must leave here Samantha will come looking for us soon, she will need to eat again and we are on her menu."

The questions demanding answers flooded his subconscious; at last he had found another with information about this strange enigma hiding in the guise of a girl called Samantha.

"What do you know of her? My knowledge is limited; I have only witnessed what she is capable of."

"Not now we have to hide from her."

They made their way out of town it was dark the narrow lanes and high hedgerows masking them from sight. No words were spoken a common goal sought by both, survival, they walked all night a dawn sky now lit their way.

"Its now we are in danger she sleeps at night, well she always used to although she is unpredictable."

Peter needed to know more so he urged the youth to stop; he did so reluctantly once they found some cover under a low bridge.

"Ok i need answers i know that she was raped by you all and that she isn’t human"

He laughed.

"She is human! well kind of, but a different strain; not sure when it happened but she is the same she and others like her evolved differently. Yes i know its wacky but believe me Samantha is not like any woman I know."

"yes yes i know that much I’ve seen what she does to someone and the changes she goes through, never seen anything like it except in a horror movie."

The youth unzipped the back pack and offered peter a pie, he was hungry the meal a welcome gift.

"Why didn’t those people know i was there i was stood in front of them and yet they did not see me."

Ryland smiled.


"They could see you just afraid like me its her world we are in now, she has grown more powerful she is mysterious the changes in her are excelarating, who knows what she is capable of. I am afraid i know my life will end inside of her, I am the last. Joseph was the lucky one when we heard that the attorney who had represented us had been found dead, well what was left of him the door to his office was  was locked from the inside, a pile of clothes by his desk. They never solved it.

We knew on the day she came for Joseph' he was high on drugs again only this time the stupid bastard over dosed, we were trying to wake him up when she arrived. No one heard a thing she was just there!! she was dressed in a white top and black leggings, she smelt of perfume.

She pushed us aside and screamed at Joseph to wake up but he was half dead by then too late for him, he died not long after she arrived, Christ she went mad ripped him to pieces with her nails think he got of lightly lucky bastard. She turned to us she had blood all over clothes I can still remember that look in her eye’s, we were next it scared the shit out of me. We all ran didn’t look back she just stood there watching us laughing at us, she knew then we had no way of escaping her. She’s taken Jonathon and Andrew hasn’t she? “

Peter lowered his head the pain written in his eyes.

“Yes she killed them both in front of me, we must kill her before she kills us, I’m unsure of my reason for being here? Do you know why?.”