- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
STILL THE OLD COBBLEPOT PLACE
* * * * *

When Agent S (formerly known as the Sinister Speck) heard the staccato chatter of Uzis opening fire, he knew there was no time to lose. He quickly flipped open his cellphone, and from within its wi-fi circuits appeared... Agent T. Formerly, the Terrifying Tapper!

Only, he was not alone. He had brought with him Agent A-for-Aerosol. The latter had originally been known as "Spraysol," back when he was a criminal. But, more than one Agent S would have been confusing. Even for someone as well-organized as Director W!

"These ladies refuse to leave without the Bat," Agent S explained to him: "And, that new, improved shrink-a-mabob..."

"Micro-wave inducer," corrected Valerie.

"...has a maximum range of one mile. So, I'll need you to get it for me. And, simultaneously, create a diversion for me, while I go get _him_."

"Anything you thay," said the lisping ex-law-breaker.

Whereupon, he pressed one of several yellow buttons on his brown breastplate. A second later, a strange olive-green fluid sprayed forth from the nozzle that jutted from his helmet like the horn of a unicorn. A spray that turned the locked bedroom door to sawdust!

The two genin outside immediately spun around when they saw that dust cloud the air between them. But, it was to no avail as Agent A promptly sprayed with liquid nitrous oxide. Freezing them in perfectly rectangular blocks of ice!

"Gee!" exclaimed Melody: "How did you do that? I thought that kind of ice block was impossible outside Bugs Bunny cartoons. A-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!"

"Thorry, ma'am," replied Agent A: "Trade thecret."

Whereupon, he ran out of the bedroom and turned left. While Agent S did the same thing, except that he turned right. And, as he did so, he drank some of his shrinking formula, becoming no bigger than a period on a written page!

Fortunately, for him, one of the first things he had worked on, after perfecting his size-altering formulae, was a set of high-tech footwear he had dubbed his "spring-heeled jackboots." So that he could move with the leaping ability of a flea!

Meanwhile, in the backyard, Wonder Woman was literally running interference for Rima. Deflecting the submachine gunfire of the genin who had been guarding any approach to the old summer house from the woods. Those not subdued by the Amazing Amazon, herself, were knocked out by Rima using a combination of la savate and Olympic-worthy gymnastic handsprings.

Just as they were about to enter the old aviary, however, the Rhino saved them the trouble. If for no other reason than he came barreling into the house through the front door. And, exited through the rear French doors, in the same fashion, due to his inability to slow down any sooner!

"Alright!" he shouted, at the top of his lungs: "Where's Catwoman? My client has a little bone to pick with her. But, first, she wants me to break those bones!"

Wonder Woman and Rima looked at each, in puzzlement, over this unexpected development. Which, in turn, kept them from seeing Agent S re-enlarge himself, and make off with the old burrowing owl nesting chamber.

The same one that still contained the still-shrunken Batman.

tbc