- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SHADOWCREST MANOR,
LONG ISLAND, N.Y.
* * * * *

Zatanna's next move was to recite two more backward-spells. The first one went:

"dnaW, emoceb noops."

Whereupon, her black-and-white stage prop became a Sterling silver eating utensil! After that, came the second spell.

"relbmuT, enola, raeppasid. evaeL stnetnoc no hsid."

Whereupon, Little Spidey's plastic prison vanished. Leaving his gelatinous straight-jacket to land on the chinaware plate, causing it to bounce up and down. And, as a result, nearly causing the shrunken webslinger's downward-facing face to hit the plate several times in succession.

"Z-Z-Z-Zatan-na-na!" he exclaimed, the bouncing motion forcing him to stammer (much to Zatanna's amusement).

" *Tee-hee!* Yes, Spidey?"

"W-W-Why are you doing this?"

The pretty prestidigitator merely smiled, and started to slowly scoop away the blue gelatin from off his back. Each spoonful seductively placed in her mouth with a very provocative "yum." When she had cleared away everything from that angle, she tickled Little Spidey's buttocks for a second or two. Then, she gently flipped him over with the spoon, and started to repeat the process with the gelatin on his front side!

Finally, she was done. Whereupon, she renewed smiling down upon him.

"In answer to your earlier question, cutie? I'm doing this because I've secretly had the hots for you ever since you helped me save the Castle Theater. And, now, thanks (most ironically!) to the Green Goblin, I have you right where I want you. llA ot flesym, rof eht elohw thgin."

In the immortal words of Mark Twain: "Let us humbly draw the curtain of charity across the rest of this scene."

* * * * *

MEANWHILE, BACK IN GOTHAM CITY...

...Josie and the Pussycats had been deeply touched by the sacrifice the diminutive Dark Knight had agreed to make on their behalf. Melody was the first to express this gratitude by picking Batman up, hugging him to her ample bosom, and then smothering him with kisses. Valerie was the next to do the same thing. And, last but not least, so did Josie, herself.

Batman tried his best to resist (if only for the sake of modesty). Yet, as he was now only three inches tall, the trio of lovely ladies was twice his height. So, there was really no fighting them off without hurting them.

Thus, he succumbed.

Within half an hour, they were asleep beneath the blue washcloth they had been given as a blanket. Melody, lying flat on her back. The unmasked Batman, directly atop her. And, Josie and Valerie keeping him pinned there. The former, with her right arm; the latter, with her left.

They looked so cute like that, when Talia returned, she almost hated to wake them up.

Almost.

She knelt down on her left knee, and rapped (none too gently) on the plexiglass dome of their prison. The miniaturized musicians subsequently jumped to their feet, momentarily forgetting their surroundings and condition. This, in turn, caused Melody to unintentionally drop her little bedfellow.

The only thing that would have made Talia laugh all the harder, at their expense, was if her "beloved" had landed flat on his butt! He, of course, proved too well trained to do anything but land on his feet. No matter what the circumstances.

When she finally calmed down, Talia stood back up and said: "Ladies? Allow me to introduce my father. He who is called...Ra's Al Ghul."

The Pussycats had seen--and helped bring to justice--a lot of creepy-looking criminals in their travels. But, they had to admit; the green-clad giant who stepped up beside Talia, to coldly smile down on them (just like her), was the creepiest one by far.

tbc