- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Short chapter. Just letting it be known that the story isn't completely dead.

“…And that’s why I chose to go out that night with Josh instead. I’m sorry Scott. This isn’t going to be awkward now is it? I really like him but you’re… I still like…. Scott. I’m sorry… Scott. SCOTT!”

 

    Things WERE awkward now. He was speechless that night. They both had feelings for one another and now that she had start seeing Josh the last few weeks he felt as though she were losing that connection and drifting further and further away. “…Yeah, we need help for the banquet? You in?” “Sure, sure, of course!” He had only AGREED to help so he’d be closer to her but it hadn’t been as much of a bonding experience as he had hoped. Something happened afterwards too… Something weird and Scott couldn’t for the life of him remember what it was. He remembered stacking chairs, setting tables, glitter, a giant Shann- -

 

    Scott woke up with a stir. Well, he didn’t wake up but rather snapped out of a trance he had been suffering through for roughly nine hours seeing as inanimate objects cannot sleep. The banquet most definitely was not a dream.. Collecting his thoughts he had  the recollection that he was suddenly transformed into glitter in his sleep, he was trampled by, voyeuristically abused and would no longer be able to see Shannon, and that he was saved from traveling through the sewers by the plump foot of Shannon’s ethnically ambiguous roommate. Fantastic.

 

   Scott also came to the realization that he was a mere grain of sand in his new world. A grain of sand buoyant- - sailing on a smelly ocean of sweat, dead skin, wrinkles, and the day’s accumulated dirt. This was the embodiment of humbleness and humiliation. Wait- - Sailing? Why was he moving?

 

    Katy woke up at the ripe time of 11:20 AM on Saturday. With her long, dark hair a messy ball, her jammies slightly musky from the unwashed sheets, and her eyes glued shut from oversleeping she forcefully dragged herself out of bed (early for her) and plopped her feet down on the hardwood floor of her room shuffling to her private restroom. She sat down on the toilet, did her business, cleaned herself up a bit, and headed back  to the bed  and TV only to be distracted by the full length mirror on the restroom door. I could stand to lose five pounds. I’m a little chubby, not fat and that’s good but I’m not going to attract too many hot guys looking THIS way am I… She began to adjust and model her poses, and kissed at the mirror sensually. To hell with guys anyway. I can get most of ‘em with batting an eye anyway. It was true. Despite a little weight, Katy’s sexy, nerdy exterior, and oliver-tan tone was eye catching. She smiled and headed to her bed for a lazy day of TV watching… Maybe a video game or two once Shannon left. She didn’t like seeming immature for playing them. She begun to make herself comfortable.

 

    Scott ate hardwood floor with every step Katy took. PLOP PLOP PLOP. Her sweaty feet made suction with the ground, sticking adhesively, peeling off, then slapping down again with more force each and every time. He really couldn’t take to much more of the pounding without getting woozy. As she sat on the toilet, she wiggled her toes and tapped her foot to unheard music much to the dismay of Scott who was grinded quite a bit with every tap. After she was… finishing… he was trapped under her heel and pinned to the tile floor. Although he had been between foot and tile before, a sudden claustrophobia came over him either because she wasn’t moving or he was paying much more attention to the dire situation. He was gasping for breath he couldn’t have.

 

    “Shannon! SHANNOOOOONNNNNNN!!” Katy called. Nothing. …Must be out with Josh. Katy shrugged and readjusted herself comfortably. I don’t do enough with Shannon anymore. She’s either with Scott or Josh now. She had better not flake on our pedicures tomorrow! Katy laid on her tummy in bed with the TV on VH1, cell phone on her left, her laptop on her right (with a Pandora tab and Facebook tab up respectively), and a DS on her bed in front of her while she played  around with a Mario game. Energy (nor her foot glitter) was not worthy of greatest concern! She kicked her legs back and forth whilst smiling to herself. No day is better than Saturday!

 

    The walk to the bed was a blur. Again, a sickness came over Scott as his captive honour’s foot swung him like a pendulum back and forth in a hot bedroom while she was ignorant of his existence. In the half hour that Katy had been awake, already Scott was covered in an useable film of grime and dirt. Her quick-to-sweat foot also made (only visible to someone of Scott’s stature) a gooey paste about him combining with the dirt. Gag. Ironically, it reminded him of Shannon and his encounter with her feet last night. He missed it surprisingly. It’s amazing what your mind goes to in these situations he thought… Never had he felt so neglected and ignored in his life!

 

 

Katy felt a vibration.

1 new message: Shannon. Out with Josh! Don’t forget about getting our nails done tomorrow <3


Katy smiled with glee. Never had she felt more excited to get her nails done and close to Shannon in her life!

Chapter End Notes:

Again, open ended. And don't forget those reviews!