- Text Size +

Having come straight from the projector and taken the place of Darrell Dane, he was not affected by the temporary head spins that Darrell had succumbed to in the original version of the story. So he did not attack the Professor.

 

“Now what happened next?” he thought, and spoke up, “Oh yes. Professor, could you please take the cat out? Something tells me it will be menacing me shortly.”

 

“Of course, Darrell,” said Professor Roberts, “By the way, how are you feeling?”

 

“Out of this world, or my old one,” said Carycomic, “Don’t worry, Professor. It’s just an in joke.”

 

Professor Roberts took the cat outside, and went around checking that every door of the house was locked.

 

“Father, Darrell?” came the voice of the Professor’s beautiful daughter Martha Roberts, “Didn’t you hear me call you for breakfast? Darrell!”

 

 She spied him standing on the floor and walked over to him.

 

“Well here I am, honey, all six inches of me,” said Carycomic.

 

To Darrell Dane, the experience had involved adjusting to being six inches tall. To Carycomic, he was also coming to terms with being nearly 7 decades in the past on a world he previously only knew as fiction.

 

“That’s wonderful, Darrell,” said Martha, kneeling down and lifting him up and placing him level with her neck and chin on the mantelpiece, “If a bit unbelievable.”

 

Carycomic remembered that, when she had said that line while looking point blank at the tiny Darrell in the original comic, most of her forehead and hair had been obscured by dialogue balloons. He wondered if Murphy Anderson had had much of a say in where they’d been positioned.

 

“Well don’t worry, darling. My love for you didn’t shrink,” said Carycomic.

 

“Well would you please take the antidote or something and go back to normal?” asked Martha.

 

“Right on cue, so far,” thought Carycomic, and decided to live the drama he’d often reread, and spoke up, “I can’t, honey, because there is no antidote. All I can do is wait for the formula to wear off, assuming it ever does.”

 

When would she do what he enjoyed seeing most on page 10 of the original comic, he wondered.

 

“Oh Darrell, you’re so adorable!” said Martha.

 

Then she kissed him with her full sized lips!

 

“They’ll miss me on giantessworld!” thought Carycomic, “But who needs to write about giantess fantasies now? I’m in one, and I can live it for decades. I’ll die of old age before the Crisis on Infinite Earths happens. I know how it all works out. I’ll soon have control of growth and shrinking. I’ll save Martha from the blackmailers. I’ll marry her as Darrell Dane, and one fine day she’ll become Doll Girl, and we can have several Doll Children and they can form a team called the Breed ‘em Blighters. I don’t have to worry, like Darrell did, because I know how it’ll turn out.”

 

Martha got upset at the realization that a tiny man would be hard to marry, and walked out of the house to deal with the blackmailers. True to the story he’d read, Carycomic followed her and dealt with them. They went on to marry in time and enjoyed their careers as husband and wife (and eventually parent) super heroes.

 

Meanwhile, back in Carycomic’s living room, Pixis returned with a copy of All-New Atom#18, and opened it to the scene where Wonder Woman was flying to Ryan Choi’s duplex with the Atom holding onto her girdle.

 

“I’m a very loyal fan of the Justice League and any related titles,” said Pixis, “I would never write a story where the characters do something inconsistent with who they are in the DC Universe. So I’ve chosen a story which comes as close as possible to my expectations, which I happen to know are closely mirrored by Ryan Choi. You’d never have met him in your universe, Iris. He replaced the Atom that Barry worked with. Now, in this one copy of this story, I want to replace him. Aim for the top panel on this page, Iris, and thanks.”

 

Iris Allen projected Pixis into the story, and unlike Carycomic, he followed the dialog of the original perfectly from memory.

 

“I feel you should know I dreamt this once,” said Pixis.

 

“Yes. Thanks for sharing that with me. I appreciate truthfulness in all its forms,” said Wonder Woman.

 

“I also had this dream where you and Power Girl…” said Pixis.

 

“I get that a lot actually,” said Wonder Woman.

 

“And this one time there was you and you had this big thing of whipped cream, and …” said Pixis.

 

“I’m just guessing here, but you spend a lot of time on the internet, am I correct?”

 

“You’ve no idea,” said Pixis, “I’ve written so many fan fictions about you Justice Leaguers.”

 

“It’s alright Professor…” began Wonder Woman.

 

Pixis was confused. Why had he spoken that last response? It wasn’t in the comic as he remembered it.