- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

All-New Atom #18 had the words "on the run with Wonder Woman" on the cover.

Pixis was gob smacked, and now he might well be smacked in the way he wanted by Wonder Woman’s gob. He suited up in his Atom costume, hopped on his bang stick and flew to Diana Prince’s apartment, shrank small enough to slip through the keyhole of the door, and then grew to six inch size on the living room carpet.

 

“I hope you’ve got Timescribe’s comic set up by now, Iris,” he thought, “What happens next is really none of your business to be gazing down at.”

 

Wonder Woman walked into the room. She was wearing an all red one piece bathing suit. The distracting white stars on a blue background and hard metal girdle and breast piece were not there. Now she looked all woman.

 

“I see you’ve arrived, Ryan,” she said.

 

“Wonder Woman! I just don’t know what to say,” said Pixis, “You look great.”

 

“Call me Diana,” she said, picking Pixis up, “I think I know what I’m supposed to say.”

 

“You do? What’s that.”

 

“Ah,” said Diana, opening her mouth, “I take it you like the view.”

 

“I’ll never dream of Power Girl again,” said Pixis, who in fact had only dreamt of Wonder Woman and Barbara Gordon, but not Power Girl.

 

She took him to her couch, sat down and set him atop her shoulder. It reminded him of the way they’d drawn a cameo homage of this in Justice League Unlimited’s first episode “Initiation.” It had been a salute to the times that Ray Palmer’s Atom had been depicted riding on Wonder Woman’s shoulder in the 1977 All-New Superfriends Hour story “Cable Car Rescue” and the 1981 Superfriends story “Elevator to Nowhere”. Obviously William Hanna and Joe Barbera had never dreamed what would be written into Justice League Unlimited in “Dark Heart.”

 

Sitting astride Wonder Woman’s shoulder, Pixis looked out at the low living room table and saw that Diana had set out a bowl of whipped cream! He remembered the Atom’s line from the original comic book of All-New Atom #18.

 

“Oh my lucky goodness!” he thought, “She’s really going to do it!”

 

“Shall we begin?” asked Diana.

 

“Wonder Woman, eat MY heart out!” said Pixis.

 

“Do you want me to go that far?” asked Wonder Woman, “It wasn’t on my itinery, though I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if I’ve done my recent homework well.”

 

“It was just an expression,” said Pixis, “We don’t all seek to be eaten. Maybe I like to be teased by the possibility of it, but I think your limitations reciprocate my urges well enough.”

 

“Then since I brought you onto the team, let the CREAM of the Justice League be tested,” said Diana, and brought her opposite hand up to gently remove him from her shoulder. He looked back at her smiling face, as her hand slowly approached the top of the bowl. Then she turned him over and dipped his face into the cream. She brought it up to her mouth and began to lick.

 

He remembered how many puns had gone into Carycomic’s reviews, particularly where Timescribe’s juvenile stories encouraged Carycomic to persist with it. It occurred to Ryan that Carycomic would have made an obvious pun, had he been experiencing this story instead of whatever developments had panned out after he’d gotten to the end of living out Secret Origins #8.

 

He waited until Diana’s tongue had cleaned his face enough to enable him to speak again, and then decided to make the pun himself, in the hope of encouraging Wonder Woman.

 

“Looks like you’re getting the short end of the lick,” said Pixis.

 

Diana laughed.

 

“I wonder if Ray ever felt like this with Jean … or me,” she said.

 

“He would have kept quiet about it, if he did,” said Pixis, “Until the internet came along, each of us thought we were a lone freak in a world of people with normal urges. I’m so deeply touched that you didn’t laugh my longings off as a mental condition.”

 

“You forget, that I come from an island with a culture which is vastly different again. If I can adjust to man’s world, I think I can adjust to shrunken man’s world,” said Diana.

 

“I’m so pleased you have an open mind … and an open mouth.”

 

“You’re very welcome, Ryan,” she said, “Do you want to double dip?”

 

“Absolutely. If I ever quit the Justice League and take up cartooning, this would look well, drawn on the cover of Whip Comics #1 … with all the names changed, of course.”

 

Diana dipped him in the cream again, and then opened her mouth wide and let him down gently inside it, and sucked all the cream from his upper body and face. Pixis helped, using his hands to push the residual white substance towards the back of her tongue, and off the edge, where it fell into her throat.

 

She finally lifted him out of her mouth and rubbed him on the top of her bikini to dry him.

 

“Happy Birthday, Ryan,” she said, and kissed his face slowly for a minute.