- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Five issues of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes in the late 1970s were known as the EARTHWAR saga.

Timescribe put it on his finger and dwindled rapidly to tiny size. Using his advanced knowledge, he needed no time to take in the shock. In fact this was what he’d wanted, what he’d planned for. Timescribe turned invisible, and ran away from her immediate grasp, before she could make her move to pick him up. Soon he saw her joined by the other two Triplicate Girl selves, who were carrying tiny half inch tall Legionnaires: Cosmic Boy and Brainiac Five. They put their captives in matchbox, merged into one girl, spoke her threat to her tiny captives, and then closed the matchbox.

 

Timescribe knew that they’d both return to normal after Triplicate Girl reverted to her usual personality near the end of the story. Timescribe had other plans. He waited until the Legion girls had finished their victory dance, other capers, and been restored to their usual personas, with the other two shrunken Legionnaires restored to normal size, and then secretly followed Triplicate Girl into her room and watched her lie down. The other Legionnaires assumed that Invisible Kid had fled from Triplicate Girl and would return once he’d learned that things were back to normal. He waited for her to fall asleep, and then wondered how to go about things.

 

If he climbed onto her sleeping face, he’d probably awaken her before he made it to her mouth. He had realized that there had been no point in hoping she’d eat him during her rebellion. She’d chosen a different course of action. Subterfuge was the only way to achieve his goal. Invisible Kid, in the original comics, was due to die in a fight against Validus in a few years anyway. He wasn’t depriving any future bride of Lyle Norg by what he was about to do.

 

He waited a while, and saw Luornu Durgo alias Triplicate Girl turn over on the pillow. It was the wrong way, as her head was now facing away from him. Yet at this point in Legion history, her neck was showing at the back beneath her medium length hair. It looked nice. He was glad for this brief view. He waited a while longer, and finally Luornu turned over again, and this time her huge lips were right in front of him.

 

He pressed against her lower lip and then felt her stirring. She had sensed his presence. His panic stimulated his mind, and he realized that his earth-prime mind could actually control the shrinking ring in both size directions. He shrank small enough to slide between her lips, and even between her teeth, then enlarged himself to two inches (the definitive Timescribe vore size) and slid along her tongue, as he felt her sitting up in bed.

 

She fought with him, using all the strength in her tongue,  trying to force this strange object out of her mouth. Timescribe pushed and struggled and slid his way towards her throat. He finally made his way into it. Triplicate Girl suddenly coughed unexpectedly as hard as she could and forced him out of her mouth before he could react.

 

“Invisible Kid! What happened? Did I really put you in there while I was acting up? I don’t remember everything that happened at the Interplanetary Fair. I’m so sorry,” she said, “But it actually felt like you were trying to head towards my throat. Did you think you had no other option to avoid being hurt?”

 

“It’s alright,” he said, “I’ve never told any other Legionnaires this before, or anyone, but I have this strange desire to be eaten.”

“But you could only be eaten once, and then you’d be off the active roster permanently,” said Luornu.

 

“Maybe not,” said Timescribe, “I found that I seem to have the power to control this ring of yours. If I wanted to, I could shrink so small that I could slide between the molecules of your body and escape after you’d eaten me.”