- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the 1980s, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy, the three founding members of the Legion of Super-Heroes appeared in a 4 issue mini-series of comics called LEGIONNAIRES THREE.

“I had no idea you felt like that when I set you up,” said Triplicate Girl, “But I’m really not into that sort of thing. Why don’t you keep the ring though? It wouldn’t get anyone else entry into the Legion, as the power is in the ring, not the user, but you could make use of it with your ability to manipulate it, and add it to your qualifying power of invisibility.”

 

So Timescribe remained in the Legion as Invisible Kid, and when the time came for the Validus conflict, instead of sacrificing his life, he ended Invisible Kid’s career, by changing his name and costume to that of Slinking Vore-pet. In time, Matter Eater Lad was needed to eat the Miracle Machine, after Brainiac Five went insane. Tenzil Kem could no longer continue in the Legion of Super-Heroes as Matter Eater Lad. So he was institutionalized, and his home planet of Bismoll was notified.  A stunningly beautiful woman from Bismoll applied to replace him in the Legion, and demonstrated her power to the girl legionnaires, who voted her in while the boys were all away on an all male mission.

 

Slinking Vore-Pet was the first one to notice her, as most of the other male Legionnaires had girlfriends within the team.

 

“Is it true you’re comfortable eating anything at all,” he asked her.

 

“Yes,” she said.

 

“How about me?” asked Slinking Vore-Pet.

 

“I like the taste of anything,” said the girl, “But where would that leave you?”

 

“I have means of undoing the effect after I’ve enjoyed it,” said Slinking Vore-Pet, “Would you be willing to try it?”

 

“I suppose so,” she said.

 

He guided her in the procedure of keeping a gts extremist enthralled, and made his way into her mouth and down her throat, and then shrank further and passed between her molecules and grew back to normal size.

 

“That was great,” he said, “You don’t have a soubriquet yet, do you? How about Mite Eater Lass?”

 

She accepted this original suggestion, and adopted it as her Legionnaire identity.

 

“Do you like kissing as well?” asked Mite Eater Lass.

 

“In your case I would, very much,” said Slinking Vore-Pet.

 

She kissed him, and they began dating, and would often re-enact the fantasies of his old Timescribe persona in the privacy of their own homes.

 

All in all, Timescribe reflected that, just as Carycomic was no doubt enjoying the good old days in the 1940s, Timescribe as Slinking Vore-Pet could enjoy the wonders of the 30th Century.

 

In this reality, doctors finally gave up trying to cure Brainiac Five and Matter Eater Lad, and discharged them, so that they could spend their time on more promising patients. Brainiac Five renamed himself Maniac Five. Matter Eater Lad renamed himself Mental Quitter Lad. The two lunatics joined up with a few Legion of Super Heroes audition day rejects named Nut Girl, Strain Boy, Dire Lad and Curry-Full Kid. This new team called itself the Legion of Destitute Heroes, and would pinch hit for the main Legion only when things were so dire that Science Police Chief Zendak saw fit to let them out on in public.

 

Back on earth-prime, Barry Allen had examined Carycomic’s hard drive and found the draft notes for his discarded and never posted DC Fanfiction story called America Versus the Giantess Society. The more he read of it, the more attention he paid to Iris’s dinner table activity, and hence the more time he spent super speed typing his own final draft to post in Carycomic’s place. At super speed, trying many many names and numbers, he had only taken half an hour to crack Carycomic’s login password for giantessworld. Now he could post all the stories he wanted to in Carycomic’s place, and at super speed, he could read and review as many stories as he liked. In fact, he did this so fast, and so prolifically, that Carycomic’s fame as the most prolific reviewer reached new heights in the top tens list.