- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'll probably have a bit easier of a time with this next arc. So hopefully I can keep this up on a more regular basis

             Brian had returned to the station when the morning came. He wasn't exactly in the best of moods but Soki had to be informed either way.

Eugene: So you managed to get back on your own. I'm impressed Mr. Riggs.

Brian: I just did what I had to do.

Eugene: And is everyone back with you?

Brian: Regrettably no sir. Sorry chief but I failed to bring Zoey back to the top.

Soki: Are you telling me she's gone?

Brian: No sir. But Devil Scar has her.

Soki: . . . Then I guess we'll be heading down there in a few days.

Brian: The commissioner sure as hell takes her sweet ass time getting these warrant for underground exploration.

Eugene: Brian . . . This does not leave this room, understand?

Brian: Yes sir.

Eugene: Me and the chief aren't exactly trusting commissioner Johan.

Soki: I was about to head there myself once I got out of the hospital. But she came just as I was leaving and ordered me to hold tite until the investigation began.

Brian: How sympathetic . . .

Eugene: She's even been sending in a person to do a head count daily since the incident.

Soki: In any case were all stuck for now. But once were ready to depart I want you there with us.

Brian: Yes sir.

Soki: But you got Alice out of there at least. And were not going to tell the commissioner for now.

Brian: I get the feeling I don't even want to meet her do I.

Eugene: Nope.

Soki: Now then since your here, lets here your report of your trip to the lower level. My daughter, Devil Scar, the works.

Brian: Well I'll start with the easier stuff. I sevearly doubt that they will hurt her. In fact they are keeping her as ensurance until you make an appearance.

Soki: Me? If there looking for a district chief to get up top then why me specifically?

Brian: We met the leader of Devil Scar . . .

Eugene: Spicule again . . . He's been a problem for awhile.

Soki: Can you verify who he is?

Brian: . . . Yes and that's kind of the problem. Mind if we pull up the criminal database?

Eugene: Sure.

He went over to the laptop and began searching through the records.

Brian: I'm not an expert here but I think the problem is that you were looking for a live person. After all, no one hunts for a dead man.

He typed in the name Jamall Zaxz. After a few minuted of proccessing, it finally found a file.

Brian: Ok, that's that . . .

It was clear that he had bad news now.

Eugene: Son, stop playing games and just get on with it.

Brian: I know, I know! Chief Soki, please brace yourself. . .

They paused for the moment expecting the worst.

Brian: I give you Spicule . . .

He turned the file to face them. Eugene wasn't exactly impressed seeing an 11 year old South African boy.

Eugene: Is this a joke? You're telling me the leader is this dead kid?

Brian: No joke sir. But this record is out of date with him being legally dead.

But Soki on the other hand was far more concerned.

Soki: Spicule . . . You are sure of this!

Brian: Yes sir.

Soki: You better not be kidding me Mr. Riggs!

Eugene: Sir this isn't even a criminal. According to the file that's a deceased rape victim-

Soki: Get everyone ready. I'm going to try and push Johan to start earlier. Were going to take a vehicular shaft down instead, and I want that new Viper that Blaine got for us gassed up and ready to go!

Eugene: Sir?

Soki: You know all those war stories I would tell the force from time to time?

Eugene: Of course I- . . . Is he one of your former team mates?

Soki: Of all the riders to come back from the dead . . . He was suppost to be gone for good. I was considering asking your friend Alice if she wanted to offer some assistance but I've changed my mind.

Brian: But chief, I also have confirmed that he's a Dayon. A brutal one at that.

Soki: Anyone else I would have asked Alice to help . . . Get yourselves ready.

He stormed out the door in a panic.

Brian: I've never seen him phased by anyone before.

Eugene: Whenever we tried to ask about his fellow riders, he would just stop talking all together. He can brave even Dayon, but a little kid he's terrified of. How ironic.

Brian: Ghosts of the past always scare us. So what was this about a victum file?

Eugene: The file you found on Jamaal Zaxz, is not a criminal record. This kind of file is usually categorized under rape victim.

Brian: Seriously?!

He took a closer look at the details.

Brian: Jeesus christ, he was only seven on the first report!

Eugene: Most of Spicule's crimes were agains't anything to do with Al'Capone. That partially explains why.

Brian: . . . So he was an orphan owned by Al'Capone. Fuck, was there any children not owned by thos assholes?

Eugene: We can't prove this but they have a leash on alot of people. Sometimes they make orphans out of kids even if you're born into a carring family.

________________________________________________________________________

After the long night, Alice tried to take a short nap before the morning. The closest place at the time for them to hide out was at her own home. The door was still broken but otherwise it was the best place for the time being. Brian had already left for the station and Daniel was missing as well.

Bianca: So my prediction was wrong after all. That's great news girlfriend.

She rose from her bed in response to Bianca's presence

Alice: Bianca? . . .

She rushed to Alice, giving her a hug.

Bianca: I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to see you again.

Alice: . . .

Bianca: You're not going to throw me away this time?

Alice: I'm just worried that someone else is in the room. The last two times you showed up and then left you dissapeared only for someone else to talk to me in your place.

Bianca: I thought that would be so much fun, but if you're not liking it then I'll give you a break this time.

This time she tried tp gently push Bianca away from her.

Alice: Can you please stop that now?

Bianca: Spoil, sport. I mean your even bigger now. Although it's a shame that you had to suffer for it this time. You're stupid computer is suppost to make you feel sensational.

Alice: And I suppose you are trying to twist Nova to your own will.

Bianca: I really hated watching you in agony on the elevator. It's worse then listening to a puppy whimper.

Alice: I want to think that you're just a fabrication of my guilt.

Bianca: If I really was that then you would have already conquered me by now.

After moving herself away from Alice, she leaned against the window frame.

Bianca: I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. But it does feel nice doesn't it.

Alice: . . . Mind if I ask something of you for a change?

Bianca: Of course you can.

Alice: What is Cradle?

Bianca: . . . Now where did you hear that?

Alice: From the Reaver's. The two Advents were refering to something called Cradle.

Bianca: Then I will have to tell you that Cradle is over the horizon.

Alice: In other words you're not going to tell me.

This was the first time Bianca seemed a bit upset.

Bianca: Because I don't want to. Even I have a sense of Pride. The Pride of a Lion if you will.

She floated back to Alice with a more loving and compassionate expression while embrassing her hands.

Bianca: You'll learn about Cradle in time. But for now just worry about you're own life. If you really want to get through this then you just need to stop trying to stay human. You're going to be above them soon enough and the sooner you do it the better. Let yourself get bigger. Lots and lots bigger then you are now. Then we can finally bring true peace to this revolting world.

And just like that, Bianca dissapeared. There was no one else around so no one could see her talking to herself. But she was able to partially learn a motive from Bianca. Although what exactly she defines as peace was unclear.

Alice: So . . . are you around Nova?

Nova: . . . My, systems are begining to be repaired at least.

It was releaving for her to hear Nova speaking again.

Alice: So what happened to you anyway?

Nova: I apologies for my incapability.

Alice: You were being attacked by the Abyss as well.

Nova: It was different from the functions of a Reaver. The entity invading my systems was attempting to re-format my entire programming.

Alice: Why?

Nova: I was unable to identify the reasons of the entity in question. If I had not locked my core programming I might not even be able to speakto you. Any systems that were lost I can always restore as long as I am reasonably intact.

Alice: That's good to hear at least. It was attacking me in a different way as well. Trying to put me in a nightmare.

Nova: The entity known as the Abyss appears to have it's own form of psionic's. I fear that it is far beyond your capability of defeating.

Alice: Spicule seemed to be able to keep it at bay. Granted I don't think he was able to hurt it either.

Nova: I am unable to identify what the Abyss is. But there appears to be surrounded by an Event Horizon.

Alice: Isn't that something that a black hole creates?

Nova: The idea is the same yes. But it does not have the immense mass it would take to create such a thing.

Alice: So we can't defeat it then.

Nova: No. And we might have to be more alert now.

Alice: Why, will it hunt me?

Nova: When I was being attacked, I could vaguely detect a great deal of hostility and contempt towards myself. Whatever the Abyss is. It's a sentient being.

________________________________________________________________________

After the disscussion with Nova. Alice began to get dressed. But it was proving to be very difficult now. She hardly got her legs into them and even when she did, they still didn't make it up to her belt line. Even the strechable fabrics weren't co-operating. It was frusterating especially when she hadn't even started on the top yet.

Alice: I know you said you can't make me smaller without destroying my insides but can you make my clothing bigger instead?

Nova: Perhapse. But I cannot simply create mass. Theoretically I could attempt to break down the molecules of two items and attempt to re-assemble them as one.

She decided to at least give it a try. To make it a bit easier on Nova, she took two plain white short sleeve shirts with buttons in the front and a colar. She tried to cover them both in the Novon metal. Once that was done, Nova began breaking them both down before it returned to her body.

Nova: It will probably be easier if I re-assemble the items directly from your frame instead of trying to form the results in your hands.

Alice: Makes sense. So just hold my arms up right?

Nova: That would be helpful.

She watched as the Novon metal began to cover her entire torso. And in a matter of moments she could see it begin to reform the two shirts. Nova traced the total material into a single piece. It fit much better then before and she was delighted at the results. But when she took a look into the mirror she felt a bit different.

Nova: It appears that the process was successful.

Alice: That really didn't take you long.

Nova: Light and flexable material such as cotton are simple enough. I was more concerned with the buttons as they had a more solid shape.

Alice: Well it looks like you made it work anyway, but . . . It feels a little wierd.

Nova: Did I make a mistake on your shape?

Alice: No, I mean it fits me very well and all. It just feels like it fits too well.

There was still a little room to breath in it but it seemed Nova was tracing her exact measurements to form the shirts shape.

Nova: I do not quite understand. Do you feel uncomfortable? I honestly thought what you had before was improperly designed for you. Most of which were designed for a male.

She knew Nova could feel the emotions she felt about it, but was only able to look at it from a machines perspective of logic. Emotions and Logic don't work well together.

Nova: If you wish I can attempt to reform them into a specific shape of your choosing. But I may need to use more materia to fill in the gaps.

Alice: Forget it. Maybe it's time I stopped trying to wear things that are out of shape.

This process was working to fix her size issue but because she was using two to make one, her wardrobe was dwindling quickly. not that she had alot to begin wiith. If it wasn't for her parents, she probably would have just used the same outfit until it was warn out.

Now that the other issues were solved she could focus on the current problem. Zoey was still being held by Spicule. Getting down was pretty easy but she needs to get down and then go back up. Regretably, Alice wasn't ready to battle with Spicule. Soki was probably the best bet at helping Zoey. There was one other thing that was hanging in her mind. She gave Daniel a call to find out where he went.

Alice: Hi Daniel, where are you?

Daniel: I was on my way to see Fredrick. Sorry, I forgot to leave a note before I left.

Alice: I'm not worried about that. So what was he doing while we were gone?

Daniel: Apparently he was the first to call emergency services after the explosion that sent us to the lower level.

Alice: Really? . . . And here I was thinking he was done with us.

Daniel: We can meet up in a bit. But I'm going to tell him what happened.

Alice: Are you also going to tell him that you're the son of Blaine?

Daniel: I've spent along time hiding it. I think it's time we were all honest with one another.

Alice: Sounds fine to me . . . Where do you want to meet up?

Daniel: The park that you like is off limits right now. There's that basketball court three blocks down from where you live. How about there

Alice: Ok, then I'll meet you all down there in an hour.

Daniel: Gotcha.

The call ended leaving Alice some free time. Since most of her waredrobe was pretty much down to one set, it wa probably time to restock it.

Nova: Don't you have to head to the basketball court?

Alice: It's not that far and at the speed I'm walking now. I'd probably have to wait fifty minutes more if I go there now. So I might as well do something in that time frame. I really wish I didn't have to get more cloths but I have to.

Nova: Does it bother you that much?

Alice: To me, shoppings just shopping. It's just a necessity so I am pretty indifferent about it.

Nova: Understandable.

________________________________________________________________________

Linus had rushed Margaret to the hospital again. He was waiting in the lobby to hear the results. After several hours had passed someone finally came to see him.

Linus: Well, is she going to be ok?

Doctor: It's hard to say Mr. Hatch . . .

Linus: So, you're saying you don't know.

Doctor: Honestly she should have been dead a few years ago. We've managed to stablize her for now. But it's radiation poisoning. Particularly deadly levels of it. She can have days where nothings wrong but all we can do is keep her on medication and special treatment.

Linus: . . . Can I at least take her home? She always said she never liked hospitals.

Doctor: With all due respect Mr. Hatch. No one likes hospitals. For now she's stable but you will need to make another checkup tomorrow. You can go whenever you wish.

Linus: Thank you sir . . .

He entered the room where Margaret was being treated.

Margaret: Hi daddy . . .

Linus: Hello. How are you holding up.

Margaret: I'm still alive anyway.

Linus: That's good to hear.

Margaret: Did the doctor say I'm ok now?

Linus: He says you are for now at least. We have to do another checkup tomorrow.

Margaret: . . . I wonder if this is how Alice felt.

Linus: Why do you say that?

Margaret: Fredrick once told me that she was in an accident before. Her legaments were trampled and her heart was damaged so she couldn't do anything that made it beat too fast.

Linus: . . .

Margaret: But she got better over time. So I will to right daddy?

Linus: Yes Margaret . . . Even if there's no cure exsisting right now, I'll make one.

He held her small body in his large arms

Linus: As long as you stay alive I'll find a way.

Margaret: . . . Daddy. What are the spirits?

Linus: ?

Margaret: Fredrick told me that you were native american and that your ancestors worshiped the spirits.

Linus: well he's partially right at least. I think I should take time to educate your brother as well. When explorers first visited the west they at first though they were in a country called India, so they mistook my people for Indians. But that was incorrect. So eventually they started calling us Native American.

Margaret: What's the correct word for it then?

Linus: Well I'm still kind of trying to learn my own ancestry myself but I believe my heiritage is Iroquois.

Margaret: Then why does everyone call you a red man?

Linus: Part of it came from a song. Another part of it came from racism. Granted I don't hear my own people calling ourselves Iroquoians that often either. I'm honestly not even sure if that's the correct name.

Margaret: Can I call you an Iroquoian?

Linus: Of course my child. Though I'm only half Iroquoian. The other part of me is Cajun.

Margaret: Those sound like nice places to have an ancestry to.

Linus: They can be but they're only history.

Margaret: People don't like my ancestry. But my brother gets it worse then me. They keep calling me and Fredrick Nazi.

Linus: Well there wrong then. Yes you are German. As well as British.

Margaret: But then why do they only look at the German half?

Linus: I suppose you could say there still speaking out of pain. But I'm more incline to assume that they just do it to feel superior.

Margaret: I don't like those people.

Linus: Can't say I blame you.

Margaret: Are spirits anything like people?

Linus: Not at all. They are beings that live with all forms of life. Many of my people would honor them by respecting the laws of nature.

Margaret: How did you do that?

Linus: What ever we took from it, we gave back.

Margaret: But then why did the world turn out the way it did?

Linus: . . . Because we as a species became too obsessed with progress. Nature and the spirits had balance to them.

Margaret: But you're people didn't do anything wrong.

Linus: A long time ago I would have agreed with you. But as the ages passed, I began to see my own people abandon their beliefs of the spirits and embraced the new age. In the end all of our ancestors are guilty.

Margaret: So the spirits have left this world then . . . I really thought I saw them though.

Linus: You saw them?

Margaret: There was one that found my brother. Maybe it saved him from having the same illness as I do.

Linus: !!! . . . Did you see what color it was?

Margaret: It was a really leaf like green but really shiny.

Linus thought to himself about her belief in spirits. She was ignorant of their names but Margaret had an idea of what the Ayous were. But he also considered the possibility of Fredrick having an Ayous as well. But he couldn't possibly be a Dayon. He did blood checks to see if any of his adopted children were Dayon and they were negative. Maybe it was a bonded Ayous. He began to think more and more about Dayon biology and remembered a basic fact about them.

Linus: . . .They're resiliant to radiation . . .

Margaret: Daddy? Are you ok?

Linus: Yes of course. I think it's time for us to take off. We'll come back in the morning.

Margaret: Horay.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice had finished her shopping and headed for the basketball court. She found Daniel there ahead of schedule. Fredrick was going to show up in a little bit, though she was convinced the two of them were together.

Alice: How's your arm doing?

Daniel: I can move it at least. Aches a little but otherwise I can manage. And you?

Alice: . . . Well, you can see for yourself so no explanation needed.

She could tell the little shy guy was struggling to keep his eyes to hers. It was actually kind of cute. But she wasn't going to tease him for it. That would be just as rude as the people who gocked at her on the way.

Daniel: I just want to say sorry for keeping it a secret from you.

Alice: About being the son of Blaine? And just me?

Daniel: I, mean from all of you . . .

Alice: I don't know I guess I kind of saw it comming. When I was at the hospital, it was the first time you stepped out of your comfort zone.

Daniel: Your parents were in the employment of my own so I felt that I should at least greet you.

Alice: So did you already tell Fredrick everything?

Daniel: Some at least anyway. He knows I'm a Blaine, and he knows that Zoey's still in the lower level. I also told him you would look different.

Alice: Then it's just the detailed stuff were going to fill in.

They started to talk quieter when they noticed several more teenagers come to the basketball court. They moved a bit farther away as not to interupt their game. In that time they finally found Fredrick running up to them.

Fredrick: Ok c'mon Dan, I said I was just going to the washroom!

Daniel: If I had waited for you we would have been late.

Fredrick: One lousy minute late. Big freaking whoop.

Daniel: Then I'm sorry for rushing on ahead.

Fredrick: Well your dad basically saved my dad from bankruptcy so I can probably cut you some slack. And uhh . . . Hi again Alice.

Alice: Hi . . . So are you ready?

Fredrick: As ready as I'll ever be. But is Zoey going to be ok at least?

Daniel: . . . She's not in danger.

Alice: But we need police chief Soki to get her back from Spicule.

Fredrick: Spicule . . . That guy that leads those monsters right? But couldn't you just beat him up.

Alice: . . . I couldn't take him. He overwhelmed me.

Fredrick: I'm glad to hear that you didn't just leave her there. Don't take this the wrong way but I was begining to think you could take on anymoe at this point.

Daniel: He was a very different person from what she usually encountered.

Fredrick: Jeesus . . . So are we going to try and rescue her?

Daniel: Brian's already at the police station. But we may have to wait a few days before they make a move.

Fredrick: . . .

They were all pretty uneasy about the situation.

Fredrick: Seriously, fuck these Devil Scar people. Every last one of them. And Al'Capone for that matter as well.

Daniel: What did Al'Capone do to you?

Fredrick: . . . If they didn't exsist then I probably would still be Fredrick Wagner right now.

The tension was interupted when a basket ball came flying towards Fredrick. Alice caught sight of it and moved on reflex to intercept. When they turned to face the other group they recognized one of the players.

Anthony: Hey you mind tossing the ball back- . . . Oh hey it's you fuckers.

Not one of them were pleased to see Anthony of all people. Alice felt the urge to go up and beat the tar out of him right now. But since he's an Al'Capone, any attack on him would be returned by the family intself. Even for someone as unlikeable as Anthony. The people he was with were either ignorant about his Al'Capone heritage or were on his side. Alice returned the ball in hopes they could cease contact with him. But some of his companions took notice instead.

Keisha: You know those people over there?

Anthony: There just some fags from school.

Lenka: You call everyone a fag Anthony.

The other two seemed to be inviting Alice, Daniel and Fredrick over. There were three others acompanying Anthony. Keisha and Lenka were both African. They were both around the height of 5' 5" feet tall. They looked like they were twins but it was clear they were opposite genders. They both had short fuzzy hair. The two of them were more composed compared to Anthony. There was also a 6' 5" caucasian lying on the bench. He had a sleaveless gray shirt and a black took on his head.

Lenka: It's nice weather today. Why are you guys way over there when the games over here?

Daniel: We really didn't want to intrude.

Lenka: Intrude? I've been one on oning Anthony for awhile now and my sister Keisha's been busy playing games on that laptop.

Fredrick: What about the other guy over there?

Anthony: Lazyass over there doesn't even wanna bother.

Lenka: I'm getting kind of bored right now. If you want we can have a two on two or even three on three. Might make things more interesting.

Fredrick: Actually we were about to-

Alice: You know what why not.

Fredrick: Huh?

Alice: You guys don't have to stay but I'll give it a shot.

Fredrick: But what about your heart.

Alice: That problems gone. The leg issues gone as well.

Fredrick: . . . Really?

Daniel: I'll join as well.

Anthony: You're really going to make me play against these losers?

Keisha: Well you can play against them anyway. You want to try Ashton?

Ashton: Hmm . . . I'll play the winner.

Keisha: Ok, ok lets have it two on two then. If the bimbo's playing then she'll take up too much of the court as it is.

Alice: . . .

Keisha: I'm kidding. You're hairs kind of messy, you don't wear makeup, and your outfits realy plain.

Lenka: Sorry about my sister. She's studying to be a detective.

Daniel: A friend of ours is in the same field.

Lenka: Cool. So you wanna step up.

Fredrick: You're arm is still hurting right? I'll go and then if you want to try afterwards you can join later.

Daniel: Sure.

They seemed to have their two on two established. Alice and Fredrick were against the twins. Anthony and Daniel sat on the bench. They played up to three points. Alice tried to get Nova to keep her abilities as restricted as possible. She certainly had the height advantage being close to 7 feet tall. But she hadn't played this game for a very long time. Fredrick was more capable so it evened out. By the time the match ended the score was two to three leaving the twins as the victors.

Anthony: Hah, fags!

Fredrick: Hey they won because they axed you asshole.

Anthony: Step over here and say that to my face los-

Ashton: I was just going to sit this one out but now yoy got me curious there. What's your name anyway?

Alice: Uhh, Alice. Alice Vermire.

They could tell Anthony was about to make a comeback. Ashton slapped his hand over Anthony's mouth. He looked like he had a permanent scowled expression on his face. What they could make from his hair color was that it was a mesh between blonde and brown.

Ashton: You can call me Ash for short. Since Anthony clearly has issues to work out with the lot of you lets make it three on three.

Keisha: Then I'll take the bench and ref if that's ok with you.

Ashton: Cool.

He brought Anthony to the court. Daniel agreed to join in for the three way.

Alice: Daniel, try to take it easy ok.

Fredrick: Look he kind of hurt his arm. Can we just make it two vs two instead?

Ashton: The guy looks pretty serious there. It would be insulting to bench him at this point.

She was worried about Daniels heath but she decided to trust his decision. Keisha readied the ball to start the game. Ashton was pretty determined that he wanted to take on Alice directly. When the ball was launched they made a jump for it. Ashton however had the speed advantage and whacked the ball straight to the net.

Anthony: Seven feet tall and you still suck, ahhah.

Keisha: 6' 9" feet.

Anthony: How the fuck can you be that exact?

Ashton: You're not putting all you got into this are you Alice.

It was true that she was semi trying to regain the feel of the game. But she was convinced if she had Nova release any more power then she might hurt someone in the process. on the second round. Ashton tossed the ball to Anthony while Lenka tried to dart ahead for recieving. But when he got near Daniel he instead tried to run him through while making it look like an accident.

Anthony: Oh whoops. Did I do that little guy.

Fredrick: Hey you did that on purpose you fuck.

Anthony: Relax, he's fine-

Lenka: What the hell are you doing Anthony?! He has the ball.

Before he realized that Daniel stole the ball in the process, it was too late. Daniel took a shot and evened the score.

Anthony: What the . . . it still only counts as one point you fag.

Daniel: But of course.

They continued the match. This time when the ball was tossed, Alice took the ball when she got a little used to Ashtons patterns. Her and Fredrick started passing it back and forth to one another before sending it back to Daniel. He took another shot but it trajectory was shaken by Ashton. She could see that it wasn't going to make it and tried to reshoot it. Anthony was attempting his shenanigans once more. But he made the mistake of misjudging how solid she was and ended up being knocked away. It was clear he was losing his patience but the other two were perfectly stable. On the next round Ashton began dribbling the ball extremely fast. He was leaning forward brining the ball closer to the ground. He was taking advantage of Alice's height and forcing her to bend lower. He passed it to Lenka and faked out Fredrick before taking the shot. At this point it was two for two once again. On the last round Ashton took the ball and made another attempt for the easy shot. Alice was able to send it back to Daniel. Lenka was about to intercept but unlike Anthony he actually slipped up and crashed into Daniel. The round didn't stop as he managed to pass it to Fredrick at the last second. Fredrick tried to take a shot before Anthony intercepted it. But when he did so, the ball ended up hitting his face before grasping the ball. He paused for a moment when he realized his nose was bleeding.

Anthony: You . . . Fucking Nazi!

He tossed the ball at Fredrick and charged at him. Lenka was helping Daniel back up while Alie and Ashton were trying to set themselves up for recieving. Anthony shoved Fredrick to the ground. Fredrick wasn't as strong as Anthony and had to use to hands to keep himself from being strangled. But to everyones shock, they noticed that Anthony was drawing a pistol from his pocket. Alice paniced and tried to rush to fredricks aid. But Anthony was about to pull the trigger. Her only option at this point was to use her powers. It was then something strange happened. Before he pulled the trigger, Anthony's arm moved away and shot at nothing. Anthony seemed puzzled for the moment. When he looked at Fredricks face he could tell that he was scared for his lfe. But Anthony began to realize that this was Fredricks doing. The way he had his hand held out. Scared but there was an intent to kill in Fredricks eyes. Anthony's arm felt like there were several people pulling it against his will. He began to notice the barrel of the gun comming closer to his head. They were both panting heavily as the tension rose. Ashton on the other hand wasn't going to wait for the end results and close lined Anthony.

Ashton: What have I told you about brining guns!

Anthony: Fuck you! He broke my face!

Ashton: I'll be happy to break it all over again!

He began beating Anthony to the ground while Keisha and Lenka went over to deal with Anthony, Alice and Daniel turned to Fredrick to see if he was ok. But the couldn't forget about what he was just doing a moment ago.

Nova: Alice . . . A moment ago I was detecting psionic activity comming from Fredrick.

She was able to acknowledge Nova's words but chose to keep silent to prevent herself from being heard out loud.

Fredrick: God damnit. I thought I was going to die right there . . . What the hell is wrong with that prick.

Daniel: Are you-

Fredrick: I'm going home for now. I didn't do anything and nothing happened.

It was clear that he was in denial of his actions. Alice wanted to respect his wishes as he departed. Daniel on the other hand did not seem interested in letting him be alone.

Daniel: Let me talk to him for a bit.

Alice: Are you sure?

Daniel: I noticed that he felt intimidated by your stature, but if we leave him alone he'll start thinking stupid things. It's best if someone inferior to him gets through to him.

Alice: I don't think of you as inferior to anyone . . . in face if it wasn't for you. I might be acting more ashamed of myself then anything.

Daniel: . . . I'll talk to you later.

He departed as if he was trying to hide the affectionate expression on his face. She would have followed him if it wasn't for the sound of Ashton finishing up with Anthony. He called someone for a few moments and then hung up.

Ashton: We didn't see anything that happened there. Keisha and Lenka got him under control now.

Alice: I've never seen Anthony get like that before.

Ashton: Lets just call it bad parenting. Though there's a point where you can't use that excuse anymore.

Alice: Wasn't he a friend of yours?

Ashton: Not a friend but family. It's harder to distance yourself from family then friends. And I'm sorry about that whole mess. I doubt I will be brining him with us any time soon.

Alice: No it was my fault, I shouldn't have accepted the offer.

Ashton: Sounds like you really wanted to play though

Alice: For a long time I was crippled so I had to give up any kind of sport. Lately I found my body working the way it's suppost to however. So I guess I wanted to see what I missed out on.

Ashton: In any case me and my own buddies come here now and then. If you want I'll take you one on one next time. And Anthony won't be around either.

Alice: Well you seem much better then your family member there.

But in her head she couldn't shake the feeling of Anthony and Ashtons relations.

Keisha: Ash, the rides here.

Lenka: And we got called in for a job as well.

Ashton: Comming. Well alice, I gotta go. Feel free to come back again some time.

He offered a hand shake as a sign of good sportsmanship. She always thought it would be rude to refuse so she returned the gesture.

Alice: Sure . . . I'll be more serious next time.

He gave a small solute to her and ran to the car. It looked like a particularly expensive vehicle.

Alice: You said that Fredrick was using psionics.

Nova: This appears to be another irregular case. When I scanned him, there was no signs of Ayous energy. He is a natural human life form but he had some psioic abilities. I'm afraid I do not have any more information on this at the moment.

Alice: I don't think he just awakened those powers. I think he's known about them for most of his youth.

Chapter End Notes:

Please note anything about Iroquois that I have listed I learned from wikipedia. I was actually trying to find a word other then First Nations that describes them as a whole like caucasian and hispanic. So if I have made any errors that you find incorrect or offensive then please let me know and I will apologies