- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The light fades, showing that the expected result of an action may not always be the actual result...

Eve had brought her arms halfway up to her face by the time that flash of light had entered her field of vision.  This was it, wasn’t it?  She’d soon be nothing but a dust mite to Samantha.  There would be no escape.  How small would she be?  1 inch, less?  Would she even be capable of registering her size to the world around here?  Every thought was surging through her mind, but the only thing that kept repeating was the fear that she’d never see her loving daughter again.  That, was a thought that hurt her, right in the heart.

Life without Rachel was unimaginable to Eve.  She knew, all too well, that she couldn’t have her daughter living with her for her entire life, but to think that she would never be able to see Rachel’s smiling face again, to see her daughter looking up to her and being able to wrap her arms around her for support.  It was all too much for Eve to handle.  Life without seeing Rachel again was not an option for her, and she would not put up with that possibility.  She had to make it through this, she had to.

As if the heavens were answering her prayers, she did.  As the light started to fade, Eve didn’t feel any different.  Her eyes tried to adjust to her surroundings, expecting to see everything multiple times bigger than it was before.  As she adjusted, however, she saw that a lot of things were very much the same.  As she looked around, Samantha still towered over her, but was the same height she was before.  Both Eve and Samantha had skepticism in their eyes.  What happened?  Had the device not worked at all?  Was it breaking?  Both desperately hoped not.  If it did, Samantha couldn’t use it anymore, and Eve could never regain her original size.

Samantha watched in awe at the results of her action.  Eve was still down there, 2 inches in height.  The rest of the room was mostly the same, and that light had definitely shot down towards the floor.  However, the woman didn’t shrink at all.  The device had not broken, however, a fact that Samantha could see right away as her eyes widened, looking at something right behind little Eve.  Her eyes focused on it, and she couldn’t believe her eyes.  “H-How did you do that?!” she called down, taking a step towards the tiny woman she’d trapped in her bedroom.

Eve had gone from depression to fear as the ground shook when that girl stepped towards her, nearly planting her foot right on top of her.  She yelped as she took a step backwards.  “I..I..I don’t know what you’re talking about!” whimpered the tiny Eve, afraid another foot would follow, right on top of her.  As she took a step backwards, however, her calf hit something, causing her to fall on her back.  She yelped, once again as she felt her grip on the ground failing, and her bare flesh falling into a small object.  Whatever it was easily crumbled under her weight and she found herself laying on the floor, several shards of…something on and around her. 

As if there weren’t enough pain in her body already, Eve’s sores were irritated as she was lying on whatever had been put behind her.  She closed one eye, grunting as she put her hands down, picking herself up.  Reaching to her back, she felt where a stabbing pain was and pulled something out that seemed to be stuck to her back.  Pulling it in front of her, she looked at what looked like a tiny wooden board.  There was a nail sticking out of it that looked no more than a centimeter in length to her.  Her head tilted in confusion as she looked at it.  “What is this?  There was nothing like this here befo-“

Eve’s thoughts were silences as she turned herself around, looking at the object she’d just tripped over.  Both of her hands quickly came up to her face as she gasped when she saw what it was.  Shattered, right behind her feet, was open floor and a bad, no bigger than half Eve’s height.  Her eyes had widened, much like Samantha’s had a moment before, as she realized what had happened.  Eve hadn’t done anything funny, and the device wasn’t broken.  Samantha had missed Eve and struck the bed with her device instead.

Eve turned around and stared up at Samantha, who was still struck in shock.  The girl’s mind was swirling with ideas, but all the wrong ones.  The fact that Eve was still 2 inches and the fact that her bed just got demolished by said woman was enraging her.  Her grip on the device became tighter and tighter with every second as her face started to get red.  She called down to Eve again, asking her what she did.  Eve, doing the only thing she could do, and something she’d been wanting to do, she did.  The frustration and agony Eve had been feeling this entire trip was finally catching up with her.  “You…You missed!”

As soon as the words left Eve’s mouth, she regretted it.  Samantha’s face only got from frustrated to pissed-off from the tiny woman talking back to her.  She immediately pointed the shrinking device towards Eve and her frustration took over her mind.  “Get over here and say that again!  I DON’T MISS!  YOU DID SOMETHING!  Now come to me and tell me or I’ll make you shorter than the tips of my toes!”

Eve, realizing that Samantha was losing her better judgment, took in the words that had been thrown at her.  She was in trouble, deep trouble, but maybe she could use this to her advantage.  She started to plan an idea, realizing the situation Samantha was giving her.  Pushing herself forward, she took a few steps until she made it to that gigantic, bare foot that had been planted in front of her.  Sitting down on top of the girl’s big toe, she looked up, fear in her eyes, ready to yell up to her again.  This was the moment of truth, the only solution she had to get out of what Samantha had in mind for her.

“I SAID YOU MISSED!  You have all the firepower you need, but you missed the target!”  Eve felt a sharp pain in her gut as she sent that last statement out.  She knew what Samantha would do, and it would end up either really good or really bad for her.  She carefully watched and made her move as the remote whipped over her and sent it’s shining light down at her. 

Chapter End Notes:

As Eve speaks up to the goddess-like Samantha and the beam fires down towards her, what is going to happen?