- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara is going wild with setting things up, and Lucy stops her to tell her that she doesn't have to do all this...

Lucy had originally planned to just have Tara sitting still and waiting on the table, as she made her breakfast. With how things were progressing, however, it almost looked like she'd be the one sitting around, while her doll-sized girlfriend was making breakfast for her. The things Tara could do, despite her size, were truly amazing, and Lucy was sure it was all thanks to those abilities she wielded. If there was anyone in the world who could adjust well to a normal life at 6 inches tall, it was this sorceress. Not only did she not seem afraid of all the big stuff around her, but she was actively trying to help as much as she could.

Lucy admired the willpower and conviction Tara had for her. She thought about this as Tara raided the fridge and came out, an egg cradled in each arm as she hovered over towards the counter and rolled them onto it, carefully putting them on a small tower that was lying there. So many times had Tara been so willing to help Lucy and prove herself, that she'd completely run out of energy, in the process. First was trying to save her from the Antlion, which resulted in her current size. Then was the kiss and the playing in the bath. Time and time again, Tara was using every ounce of strength she had, all for Lucy.

Lucy almost felt like she was doing both too much and not enough for Tara. Although she tried to do a lot for Tara, she felt like Tara was doing much, much more for her than she was for Tara. On the other hand, she pondered the possibility of why Tara was trying so desperately hard. Could she be trying to compensate for her size, or for how much she makes her feel? Perhaps Tara is trying too hard, trying to make Lucy feel just as wonderful as she makes her feel. Lucy could understand the desire to output just as much love and care as her partner. This could be causing Tara to overexert her own power and energy.

She slowly picked herself up and started walking over, towards the counter, only to find that she might not even get a chance to help make all of that food. Tara was zipping through the air so fast, she almost couldn't see her moving and, by the time she reached the counter, almost everything was already set out. On the table were the eggs, a bag of brown sugar, a whisk, a spatula, and a loaf of bread. How she managed to get all of that, by herself, Lucy would never know. Of course, she had managed to open the door to the refrigerator, all by herself, so there might have been other uses for the Arte to help her move all of those objects as well.

As she approached, she heard some small whimpering and grunting from Tara, under the counter. Kneeling down, Lucy looked into an open door and saw Tara slowly dragging a large, metal skillet across the inside of the shelf. Even with her body glowing, she was having trouble with it. Without a second thought, Lucy reached into the shelf and pulled something out. At first, she thought about pulling the skillet out, but instead, she wrapped her fingers around Tara, herself, and pulled her away from the skillet, and then used her other hand to pull it out.

Bringing Tara up to her face, she held onto her with a fairly tight, yet gentle grip, just tight enough so Tara would be able to stay still for a few moments. She could feel Tara trying to move back towards the shelf, but she shook her said. “Tara, stop!” She sighed as the girl looked at her, realizing that Lucy might have been upset with her. She stopped struggling and let her fingers hang over her fingers. “But, I...I want to help!” She tried her best to make a sympathetic puppy-eyed expression as she told her big girlfriend about how she wanted to help her out.

Lucy let her grip off a little, realizing she'd gotten the girl's attention. Using her index finger, she patted her on the head and began to speak down to her, telling her what was on her mind about this situation. “I know, honey. You are helping, a lot! But, you can't do all of this yourself. Even if you were as big as I was, you wouldn't be doing it alone. Everyone needs help with cooking, sometimes. As much as you want to help cook, I want to as well. Don't try to tackle all of this by yourself, my little Tara. You can't do this all by yourself. Not while I'm here to offer my own assistance.”

“I...I can do it, though! I want to make you breakfast! You're my...girlfriend. You're very important to me, and you've been doing so much to care for me! I just...want to be able to do the same for you. I want to show you that I can return all of the care and protection that you've given me. I-” Tara was in the middle of speaking when that index finger moved from her hair and softly tapped again her lips. She calmly quieted down as Lucy said “Shhhh.” Lucy had something to say about this as well, and she needed Tara to hear it, right then and there.

After removing her fingertip from Tara's face, she started to smile and brought Tara up to her shoulder, setting her down on it. As Tara impulsively put an arm towards Lucy's hair and neck, she stood up and spoke to her. “Listen...I know you can do it. I know you are very capable of doing all of this on your own. What I'm trying to say is...you don't have you. You don't have to think you're not doing enough, because you are. I may be taking care of you, but you're doing the same for me. Ever since you came into my life, I've had nothing but pure joy and happiness. Sure, you're a little big shorter than me, but your presence is a hundred times more soothing than someone of my own height. Your conviction and willpower is admirable.”

“Tara...I love you, and that won't ever change. You don't have to prove anything to me. Just be here, with me, and that is already more than enough.” Tara was smiling immensely from the kind, gentle words her big girlfriend was sending out towards her. In reaction, she pulled herself closer, hugging against her neck. “I love you, too. Okay...you win. Let's make breakfast...together!”