- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara and Lucy work together, making Breakfast, as a team...

The pair of ladies, big and small, were hard at work, both happy that they were working on this meal, together. They had shared many a moment of love and affection with one another in the past 24 hours, but now things were progressing nicely. They weren't constantly trying to one-up each other's affection, and were calmly and happily going throughout their day and having fun, as a pair. There was much that needed to be done and figured out, for Tara's sake. She had to figure out how she would do all kinds of things around the house and adjust to them, now that she was a little bit shorter. With Lucy there, though, she wasn't worried about any of that too much.

The breakfast-making was made easy by Lucy's direction. Before starting, Tara had explained to Lucy what she wanted to do to help with the meal, things that she would be able to do to make Lucy's job easier. Since she had the Arte to use, in pieces, she could help her with all of the things that didn't require a mass amount of strength. She could easily move things like silverware, the eggs, and whatnot without much strain on her body. Lucy had accepted this, and agreed that she would do all the heavier work and work around the stove, while Tara would handle the smaller, lighter work.

Making French Toast Sticks was no huge, complicated mess, but the two of them were definitely having fun with it. Tara rode on Lucy's shoulder, hanging onto her neck with one arm as she walked over to the stove, slowly turning it on and setting the skillet on top of it. She reached her left hand up towards Tara and held it in front of her chest. “I know we're doing this together, but please hang onto me, nice and tight, when we're over here. The last thing I want is for you to slip and fall towards the stove.”

Tara understood, right away. She could actually feel small streams of heat creeping up from the stove and flowing over her body. It actually made her chill for a moment. Stoves were something that she'd dealt with before, but not stoves they were easily longer than her entire body. Were she to fall down and hit that pan, it would not be good, at all. She impulsively gripped onto Lucy a little tighter, bringing both her arms around her girlfriend's neck, hugging on her. “I wouldn't let go of you if my life depended on it, Lucy!”

Lucy smiled and blushed as she felt those warm, little arms hugging on her neck. This was turning out to be quite the interesting morning. She nodded towards Tara, ever-so-slightly, so as to not hit her little sorceress with her head and walked away from the stove, and moved towards the bowl Tara had set out. Setting her hands down by the counter, she began reaching for the eggs when one of them was starting to hover into the air, all on it's own. Lucy blinked and then moved her eyes to look over at Tara. She was already starting to help out, and she was even able to do so from the comfort of Lucy's shoulder and neck.

Tara's hand was raised in the air and she was chanting under her breath. The egg followed her hand as she guided it over to the bowl. Her hand was still for a moment, but then quickly yanked down and back up. The egg fell into the edge of the bowl and immediately cracked. When Tara's hand had come back up, there was a huge crack in it. With another quick hand motion, the egg's shell split in half, spilling the white and yellow goodness into the bowl. The shell then flew over, landing in a sink, that was near the stove. “W-Wow...you never cease to amaze me.” said Lucy, in amazement at everything Tara had just accomplished.

Tara giggled for a moment, leaning against Lucy's neck as she prepared to fix the next egg. “Aw, it was nothin'! I could do this all day long!” Her blushing cheeks were hidden from Lucy's view, since she was leaning into her neck, but Lucy didn't mind. She still thought everything Tara could do with these abilities of hers was amazing. She stood in front of the counter and slowly watched that girl easily moving the other egg, cracking it over the bowl perfectly, and sending it off to the sink. Cooking was definitely going to be something the two of them would enjoy very much, from now on.

The two of them worked together on mixing the food together. Lucy took up the whisk and started mixing up the eggs, while Tara used her little tricks to open up the rest of the ingredients and guide them over to the bowl. It wasn't more than five minutes that the mixture had been completed and Lucy was pulling a drawer open, procuring a fork to use for the bread-dipping. She pulled out 3 slices of bread, crumbs slowly falling all over the counter-top as she did so. After everything had been set out, she began to pick up the piece of bread when it began to hover on it's own, just like the eggs.

Lucy giggled for a moment, and then reached her hand up, patting Tara on the head, something she wanted to tell her. “Alright, Tara. You put the bread in the bowl and dip it, but I'm going to be putting it onto the skillet, alright? I don't want you to do anything that would make you, or your abilities come near that hot stove.” Tara quickly dropped the first slice of bread in the bowl as she nodded towards her, rubbing her cheek against Lucy's neck. “Of course, honey! Anything you want, so long as I can still do my part in this!”

Lucy was glad Tara was alright with not doing certain things. While the sorceress probably could do all of this on her own, Lucy had a bad feeling in her gut whenever she looked at that stove. The idea of Tara falling onto it and getting hurt was unbearable for Lucy to think about. She needed to keep her little girlfriend as far away from hazards like that as possible. As the morning went on, Tara dipped the bread, and Lucy cooked it. Before long, their breakfast was ready to be cut into sticks and eaten.