- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As the two prepare for breakfast, Tara gets a little anxious...

It wasn't long before breakfast was prepared and ready to be eaten. Having the two of them working together to make this meal made it go all the faster. When Lucy had the bread cooking in the stove, Tara had flown off to get everything else out. It only took minutes to be able to cook that bread, but in those minutes, Tara had been able to do a lot of work, all on her own. By the time Lucy had finished cooking the bread, there was already a large, ceramic plate right next to her on the counter, waiting to receive the food. A knife had also been placed next to the plate. “Thanks, Tara.” said Lucy, as she put the bread on the plate and began to cut it up, into rectangular sticks.

Tara had been a busy little sorceress as Lucy was preparing dinner. Not only had she used her magic to hover a plate and knife near the stove, for Lucy to use, but she'd been flying all over the cabinets, finding out where everything was. She'd needed to find two plates, napkins, and some silverware for the two of them to use. While she wasn't sure if she'd be able to use any silverware, she figured there was no harm in getting some out, anyways. By the time she heard Lucy walking over to the table, she was completely done setting everything up. She'd set herself up in a place that made Lucy laugh when she'd arrived.

As Lucy walked over to the table, with a bottle of syrup and the plate of French Toast, she looked and laughed under her breath, as she saw Tara. The girl was sitting right in front of her plate, her legs crossed, indian-style, and she had her napkin covering up her lap, as if it were a blanket. It was cute, to say the least. She shook her head for a moment as she set down the food and started twisting the 'squirt bottle' lid of the syrup, pulling it off. “I'll be right back. I'm gonna warm this syrup up and then we can eat, so don't go anywhere.” She saw her little girlfriend nod as she turned around and walked back towards the counter, where a large, black microwave was sitting.

Tara carefully eyed Lucy as she walked over to the microwave. She had her own plans in mind for this meal, and she needed to wait for just the right moment. She heard the clicking of the microwave door as it opened and closed, concealing the syrup bottle within. The loud beeping from the microwave's buttons rang in her ears as her ears perked up. She slowly pushed herself away from the plate as Lucy finished putting in the time and a loud humming sound began to fill the room, the syrup being warmed up. This humming sound was Tara's cue. She got up and ran over to the plate of French Toast, not wanting to wait for the syrup to start eating.

Her footwork made the jog to the plate as easy as moving from one side of a room to the other. She made it over to the plate, but a cold drop of syrup was on the ground, directly in front of it, from when Lucy had taken the lid off the syrup bottle. Her boot squished down into this drop and she started slipping. Tara yelped as she lost her boot and fell, face-first, into the plate, grinding her head into one of the large sticks of French Toast. She held herself there for a few moment, trying to breath in the smell and hold onto the plate long enough to regain her sense of balance.

Lucy had heard Tara yelping over the microwave's humming. She looked over at the table and immediately started smiling. Bringing her left palm over her mouth, she started walking back over to the table, trying to keep her laughing down to a minimum. Her shoulders and chest were bouncing up and down, furiously, as she tried to keep herself from completely losing it as she came back over and saw her girlfriend's face, buried in the food. She thought about reaching down and helping her up, but she figured that she'd just let Tara help herself up. Instead, she just spoke to her.

Her voice was partially cracked, her body straining to keep from laughing at the poor girl. “Are you...having problems down there, Tara? Do you need some help to keep you from, quite literally, stuffing your face into our food?” Her palm immediately returned as her laughing was getting harder and harder to resist using. The situation was just too funny for her to ignore. She soon saw Tara clenching the plate and pulling herself up, only to give Lucy something even more hilarious to start laughing at. Her eyes began to water as she looked at Tara.

Tara wasn't sure what was so funny about this. She'd just lost her boot and fell, face-first, into a bunch of food. She sighed as she saw Lucy laughing and called up to her. “H-Hey! It's not that funny!” Lucy lost it even further as she dug out a small pocket mirror from a drawer near the counter. “Yes, it is! See for yourself.” Tara looked into the mirror as it was held in front of her and her eyes started twitching. In the mirror, she saw herself, only her face was covered in crumbs of brown sugar and bread. She looked absolutely ridiculous and her lips started quivering.

“It's...n-not....ba...aha....ahaha!” Not even Tara could resist laughing at herself. The more she saw her face, the funnier it looked, even if it was her. She fell over, giggling for a few minutes before getting all of it out of her system. Trying to catch her breath, she saw Lucy's hand being held out towards her. “Come on, Tara. Let's get your face cleaned up before we eat.” Tara immediately nodded in agreement, grabbing onto Lucy's thumb and pulling herself into the palm, not wanting to look ridiculous all day long...